Speaker 1: Did your mom and dad spell your name wrong? This is just kind of based off of like, you know, my daughter, her middle name is Dan Yell, but her mom spelled it dan y'all d A n y a l and uh, she spelled it wrong. And Beth even knows, but her mother's still to this day, will not admit she spelled her name wrong. Tell me what your name is spelled like, and then we will try. I try, I guess, try to guess how to say it. Let's go to this one. Oh boy, hello, name starting with an A? Are you there?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, spell your name for us. We're gonna write it down and try to pronounce it if you will.
Speaker 2: Please, okay A and for Nancy, I.
Speaker 3: Slow down, slow down, slow down, and I hi the LEAs in Victor A I j A.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, I just kept going, is it.
Speaker 2: Dave got it right?
Speaker 4: I wouldn't have guessed that. How do people pronounce it wrong?
Speaker 5: On a beja yep?
Speaker 2: Or sometimes they just say my last name because they don't even know how to.
Speaker 4: Looking up on that one.
Speaker 1: So it's not that your mom and dad spelled it wrong. It's just a tricky name to to to figure out if you don't know it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, my dad wanted a little Hispanic spin with a J on there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because it would beautiful.
Speaker 3: By the way, I feel like you wouldn't have the same problem if the I and the J were a y, because then it just be on yeah on event it would look like its spelled.
Speaker 1: I like the J in there. Yeah, it's got the hispanic twist in the thank you have a wonderful day.
Speaker 4: It's a pretty name too, like wow.
Speaker 1: Amy's on the phone. You did this to your daughter. You spelled your daughter's name wrong. Yeah, well, I.
Speaker 2: Don't feel like I spelled it wrong, but everybody pronounces it wrong.
Speaker 1: They don't say, don't say it. Spell it for us.
Speaker 2: It's e M M A L E h.
Speaker 1: One more time.
Speaker 2: E M M A L e A H.
Speaker 4: Is it just Emilia? I was gonna say just Emily.
Speaker 2: It is actually Emilia, but everybody calls her Emily.
Speaker 4: Oh Emily, I see, because they just think, oh, you spelled Emily. Funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would have said Emily. Yeah, yeah, well good, I think you got it right, Emilia.
Speaker 4: I fel like I put a dash in the middle there and then everyone will get it right.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Okay, let's go to I think are we gonna get her name or are we gonna just just talk to her? Just talk? Okay, Hello, name that charged with an O? Tell me? What's your story about your name?
Speaker 2: Okay, So this isn't about my mom or anything. But so I'm a nurse at a clinic, and so my name is spelled O p h E l i A.
Speaker 1: Okay, I got it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had a patient love my name so much they wanted to name their baby after me.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, wow okay.
Speaker 2: And then but they've spelled it oh p h E l y A.
Speaker 4: H oh gosh. Oh yeah, like the way you spell it is Ophelia. That makes sense. The way they spelled it is ophilia.
Speaker 3: Yeah, as far as I all, she's not the HS.
Speaker 4: You guys, we're doing too much with the h s.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Ophelia.
Speaker 4: Thanks. I feel like that.
Speaker 1: Let's do one more. Hello, name that charged with an A? What we're talking about your parents? That spelled your name wrong? So did your parents spell your name wrong or we talking about something else?
Speaker 5: No, my parents spelled my name. My name is Arianna.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: But I have a double R and a double N, so.
Speaker 2: A R r I O N N A, and everybody danced it.
Speaker 1: How do they say it? Ariona? I would say, Ariona, Yeah, Ariona, Ariona. You had a lot of that in school.
Speaker 5: I've gotten Arizona from a subject teacher.
Speaker 1: Arizona, Arizona. I got time for I think one more. We're gonna take a break here. Hello, Shelley, you named your daughter a name that's normal, but you spelled it wrong. Kind of what happened.
Speaker 5: It's k y r y n.
Speaker 1: Karen. That's Karen tyrone Karen here. Okay, No, what does she get called all the time?
Speaker 5: Karen?
Speaker 4: Karen?
Speaker 5: And that was the point of the spelling was so she didn't get called Karen because that's right when it started to kind of come out Karen. Her grandmother was passing and her name was Karen. I wanted to twist to it, but yeah, everybody thinks. They don't even look at her name, they just hear it and assume it's Karen being said into the Karen.
Speaker 1: Poor Karen's that's a sweet name. But they've got such a raw deal on that way. There are a bunch of these, so a lot of people go for a weird, interesting spelling, and it just becomes kind of a nightmare, so thanks for sharing those