Speaker 1: Remember earlier this morning when Diane was talking about how coffee and tea can fend off dementia, right, remember, and I gave dementia the heisman. Yes, And then we were talking about test.
Speaker 2: That sounded like a trick question the.
Speaker 1: No no no, but oh yeah, because I said, remember yeah, the And then we were talking about like they recommend my games and stuff like that just to keep the mind working. Actually, that's true and false. What do you mean it's true and false? So I was reading. I don't know if anybody's familiar with this lady, and she would be able to hear us. Marilyn Albert. Marilyn Albert, she is director of the Johns Hopkins Alzheimer's Disease Research Center.
Speaker 3: If I had to bet, probably not listening. I don't know. Maybe she's into monster porn.
Speaker 1: God damn it. So again, I don't know if she's listening. I don't know if somebody knows her. Marilyn Albert, she is the director of the Johns Hopkins Alzheimer's Disease Research Center. Sounds like she probably knows what she's doing. So anyway, she was looking back over these studies and it is all about like where they talk about keeping your mind busy and keeping your mind active and doing like sudoku or solitaire or crosswords or whatever are all good at keeping the mind going. And what she found is that's not necessarily true. What you need to do is so it says a large, long term study found that playing brain training video games, a specific brain training video game, may help protect your brain against dementia for decades. The findings are the strongest evidence yet that cognitive training can create lasting changes in the brain, which is all great, that's great news. Keep the mind active.
Speaker 2: What is this specific training?
Speaker 3: Oh, it's a video it's a game, but is.
Speaker 2: It in a class of like?
Speaker 3: No, it online a puzzle? Now you play it online. You can pull up a link to it right now.
Speaker 2: It's a known game.
Speaker 3: I've never heard of it.
Speaker 4: Oh you said it's a video game, Like, we're going to hear the title and recognize it.
Speaker 1: Call of Duty if you play Call of Duty. No, no, no. So they did speed training. So there's all different kinds of training that take place, right, there's speed training, there's memory training and reasoning training. Those are the different types of games that they have. And while memory training and reasoning training. Speed training is where it is the best way to describe speed training is making your brain work as it does when not when you're driving, but like when you're driving, where.
Speaker 2: You're identifying act, mean or sort of.
Speaker 1: Where you're identifying things with speed with speed. So it'd be like, for example, let me just use I'm going to give you an example.
Speaker 3: If I said, hey.
Speaker 1: Diane, you're in a car, but you're at a stop light. Look at this picture and then tell me what you see. That's memory training, right, you just you saw it. Now you're trying to remember. You may be reasoning what happens after the light turns green. But if I said, we're moving, tell me what you see as we're moving. You got to identify stuff as it's going. You're working at speed, right, that's good for dementia. Now, how is Diane's periphery good?
Speaker 3: How's your periphery?
Speaker 5: My peripheral vision?
Speaker 6: It's fine?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah?
Speaker 3: Fine?
Speaker 5: Is here with contacts and glasses?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're allowed to wear lenses.
Speaker 1: Right, I'm wearing corrective lenses. You can't tell, but I am. Do you have contacts in now?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 1: So there is a very specific game that is used to help build speed training.
Speaker 3: Okay, it could not be more easy. It could not be.
Speaker 1: Yesterday I tried the link and I was shocked at how easy it.
Speaker 2: Is easy to access or easy it's easy.
Speaker 3: It is easy to access.
Speaker 1: They're not trying to hide it. They want people to fend off dementia. They don't want people going like I have this, what what could help push off dementia?
Speaker 3: But we're not going to tell you what it is.
Speaker 1: Nobody other than like dementia care centers want people with dementia. And they even probably wish they were out of business. Everybody at the National Center, he says, I wish we could go out.
Speaker 5: Of business, right, Tyler pulling it up?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's it, that's it.
Speaker 2: Double decision, absolutely absolutely, you know if that was the right one.
Speaker 1: Pull that up, Diane. Can you differentiate? Can you you're not even paying attention now? Can you differentiate between a truck and a car?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Could you tell by looking at this landscape?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Which is it's a desert scate?
Speaker 2: It looks like a radiator springs.
Speaker 6: It's a desert skatee yes.
Speaker 8: Would you be able to tell if I put a route sixty six sign here?
Speaker 2: It is radiator springs?
Speaker 7: Would you be able to tell that the sign is here?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 8: What if it was here? Would you be able to tell where it is? How's your periphery?
Speaker 6: Fine?
Speaker 7: Good? Would you be able to tell here?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 8: And if the two vehicles were big or small and they were in the middle, you would be able to which one you saw? You would be able to go big or small? Right?
Speaker 6: I think?
Speaker 7: And you'd say it so I could hear.
Speaker 2: It big or small? Or did you say truck?
Speaker 6: Big?
Speaker 7: Car?
Speaker 1: Is?
Speaker 2: Well? Which one sees? I don't know how this game works.
Speaker 7: Well, you'd say, whichever one you want, big and small. It's easier than truck or car. Whichever one you want?
Speaker 8: Now, Diane, Diane, if I told you, if I told you the street sign is here, where's that on a clock?
Speaker 6: Two? Okay?
Speaker 7: It's close?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Right? What if I said it was here?
Speaker 2: This is part of the game.
Speaker 7: No, because I'm gonna make Diane tell me where it is.
Speaker 6: Five o'clock. Get five o'clock?
Speaker 7: Yeah, four, But that's okay. If I told you it was here?
Speaker 5: Eight?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: What if I told you it was here?
Speaker 6: Twelve?
Speaker 3: So you know where things are on a clock?
Speaker 6: Excellent?
Speaker 3: You're ready.
Speaker 6: These games?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 2: Because I feel I'm already having anxiety.
Speaker 3: Do you need to go for a run.
Speaker 6: No, stuff like this gives me anxiety.
Speaker 3: Why does this give you anxiety?
Speaker 1: You're the only because the only anxiety.
Speaker 5: You're screaming at me about it.
Speaker 3: I was far away. I was far off, Mike.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to broadcast the only time while broadcasting.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not. By the way, I purposely for this game.
Speaker 1: Have not gone over Andy's pizzas here, which, by the way, I'm pissed National Pizza Day. Yesterday was National Pizza Day. The yesterday was National Pizza Day. I'll bet you one hundred dollars. I'll bet you one hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Did he say yesterday it was National Pizza dayry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one hundred dollars. No, but can I tell you why I'm pissed at Andy's pizza? Remember Andy called in not too long ago. The pizza's great. I thought I thought I was going to get to meet Andy. I thought Andy was bringing it up. Yeah, No, but I guess Andy's too good for us. Pizza is fantastic. I'm eating the pepperoni and sausage. It's fantastic.
Speaker 4: Said, you purposely are not doing it during this game, so that Diane cannot claim that the communication.
Speaker 3: Was Also, I knew I was going to have to talk, But is this something?
Speaker 4: Did Marilyn Albert make this promise to her participants?
Speaker 2: I only eat pizza at Johns Hopkins.
Speaker 1: You know, she is the director of Johns Hopkins Alzheimer's Disease Research Center.
Speaker 3: She's probably thrilled that we're doing this.
Speaker 2: So should I hit start here?
Speaker 3: Yes, So you're gonna it's very simple. It's very simple.
Speaker 2: Is this a practice?
Speaker 9: Yes, A vehicle in the center of the screen and a root sixty six sign in the periphery.
Speaker 6: Okay, read that again.
Speaker 9: So people watch for a vehicle in the center of the screen, right and the root sixty six sign in the periphery.
Speaker 7: Okay, So do you see the vehicle?
Speaker 2: Muttering is a symptom?
Speaker 7: Do you see do you see the two vehicles?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Truck or car? Big or small?
Speaker 2: They're kind of the same size.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the same size. The truck's a little bit bigger.
Speaker 7: Okay, Well how about that truck is bigger?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 7: So do you want to go truck or car bigger, smaller? I don't care.
Speaker 2: Truck.
Speaker 7: Okay, so you're gonna say truck or car?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Do you see the route sixty six sign?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 3: Where is it?
Speaker 5: Uh say four o'clock?
Speaker 8: Okay, let's say it like we mean it, like you're not guessing for four thank you?
Speaker 7: Okay, we're going to watch for the vehicle.
Speaker 6: Okay, which one was it?
Speaker 5: It was the that one? The car that's telling you that is practice?
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, this is practice.
Speaker 6: Okay, right, where's the route sixty six?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 5: It was down at like okay a little later, six truck?
Speaker 6: Okay, watch how this works, Diane, truck truck.
Speaker 7: Four o'clock.
Speaker 5: I don't understand this game.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, it's easy start.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what, I didn't read the directions.
Speaker 9: That's why I try to remember the location of the sign and which vehicle is presented in the senator.
Speaker 7: Click start when you're ready.
Speaker 2: This is the beginning of it. Doesn't see it doesn't ear a practice?
Speaker 6: How don't we go?
Speaker 7: Diane?
Speaker 2: Got with speed is the name of the game, obviously. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Are you screaming.
Speaker 7: Because I'm not on Mike Diane?
Speaker 4: For some reason, he's refusing to pull his mic arm closer to him.
Speaker 7: No, I'll tell you why, I'll tell you why.
Speaker 5: Oh, because you're gonna block my view, thank you?
Speaker 7: And I don't want Diane going your bike arm was in the way. I got dementia and got head woved over here.
Speaker 4: So I understand she promised not to eat pizza. But did Marilyn.
Speaker 2: Mock those that had signed up for this.
Speaker 8: You know, behind the silent windows, she probably did, like, we're a little late on that one.
Speaker 3: The okay, so are you ready?
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm with Die.
Speaker 4: I'm a little nervous because I don't really know how fast it's gonna flash up there, But I'm also not playing by the way, say it as.
Speaker 7: Fast as you can. Truck car four o'clock, two o'clock.
Speaker 6: Dude, okay, all right, right, Ian, you're ready?
Speaker 9: Yeah, okay, truck What was that truck?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: It's doing another practice. Oh and it's telling you that. Okay. Now it's saying where the sixty six sign was?
Speaker 6: Okay, seven?
Speaker 2: Ore, Here we go?
Speaker 3: Here we go?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 3: Now are we getting?
Speaker 7: Now we go?
Speaker 8: If you're if you're ready to begin, click start hold on, need more help?
Speaker 7: Diane does it? She's ready? All right, you're ready? There we go?
Speaker 2: Yeah, here we go.
Speaker 9: Okay start okay, uh one o'clock and truck, Uh, truck and one o'clock.
Speaker 5: It's the same thing, miss, truck and eleven o'clock.
Speaker 7: Okay, truck, truck eleven o'clock.
Speaker 3: You got it there.
Speaker 5: You got only twenty eight turns left.
Speaker 7: Let's go.
Speaker 2: Is she watching?
Speaker 5: Nope?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Car?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 6: And uh. I wasn't bay, I.
Speaker 5: Was reading what it said. Oh my god, you got to fall. I'll fail this one.
Speaker 2: Well, you got to pick a time, all right?
Speaker 5: One?
Speaker 7: Wrong?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it was eleven. Okay, you went back. Here we go, okay, here we go.
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 5: Car and.
Speaker 6: Seven?
Speaker 2: You got it right?
Speaker 7: O good Diane, dementia car? Okay, car?
Speaker 1: Car?
Speaker 7: And and where was the sign?
Speaker 2: I didn't see it?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, I didn't see it.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, I'm not telling you. I'm not telling you. You got a guess.
Speaker 5: All right, I'll go nine dementia?
Speaker 2: Are you going? Are you going? Seven?
Speaker 3: Or eight?
Speaker 2: Or ten?
Speaker 5: Eight?
Speaker 2: Okay, it's both they're both right.
Speaker 5: I wasn't paying attention to that part.
Speaker 7: Paying attention.
Speaker 5: You went backwards, okay, truck and eleven okay.
Speaker 2: Truck and right right?
Speaker 9: Okay, good speed A right truck and five truck rock and five.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, Diane, you're on fire.
Speaker 5: Okay car and eleven.
Speaker 7: Car and eleven. Very good, Diane, no dementia for you.
Speaker 5: Is it the same thing again? It's went car and eleven again.
Speaker 7: Okay car and eleven. Right, it makes you think you're crazy.
Speaker 2: You're not all right?
Speaker 5: Car? And what is that eight?
Speaker 7: Car? And eight?
Speaker 2: Oh my god gave okay truck and seven.
Speaker 7: Dian gave dementia the heisman.
Speaker 2: Like you're making your way.
Speaker 5: To that golden truck and what is that?
Speaker 6: Eight truck?
Speaker 7: In eight truck in eight? There we go boom, nailed it.
Speaker 5: Okay car and eleven.
Speaker 7: Well they really liked that eleven spot for the sign.
Speaker 2: Look at Diane, you're halfway home. Seventeen turns left car and four boom? How many row is that truck?
Speaker 6: And two truck and two?
Speaker 7: Yeah you're cruising.
Speaker 5: Okay car and four getting so much fast?
Speaker 2: It is? It is a car? And four? Yeah, that's all right. There we go, okay truck and ten.
Speaker 3: That's right right on, Diane.
Speaker 5: Okay truck and one you saw the sign there.
Speaker 2: You're going there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh she got it right.
Speaker 7: Job. Here we go, Diane.
Speaker 2: Truck eleven. Yeah, buddy, that's right.
Speaker 7: Come on, Diane.
Speaker 9: Oh truck and truck and ten trucking ten? Yeah, oh yeah too fast?
Speaker 10: Car and four that was right, Yeah, Diane, you got.
Speaker 2: One more truck and two trucking too.
Speaker 7: Trucking too, Diane, no dementia.
Speaker 5: Yoah, bitch, left left.
Speaker 9: I just missed it because you moved in front of the screen.
Speaker 2: God, you're not at the star yet. You're almost to go.
Speaker 4: So if you get this one wrong, you only move back one your left seven left. Okay, I guess go by the way. I've posted the link to play this game. Okay, where is this Facebook n x.
Speaker 5: I total, I totally missed this one.
Speaker 7: I told you she would complain.
Speaker 5: I don't know where my car car and four.
Speaker 10: You also rushed to the court, yes, before I get in front of my view. Just do like car and four wrong. Now he's punching duke assistance. Are you doing car and four?
Speaker 4: Four?
Speaker 3: Car four?
Speaker 2: It was wrong?
Speaker 3: You moving like a lot?
Speaker 7: Oh no, all right, I just.
Speaker 9: Missed it again because I was looking at the thing.
Speaker 5: That's how I don't this is unfair.
Speaker 4: Why Why did she drive into the front of the store.
Speaker 7: Where I don't know.
Speaker 2: You gotta get this one right car and five okay, I'm back.
Speaker 5: In car and one that's not it.
Speaker 9: There it was a car and one mm hm yeah car and ten.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, look how far back you way?
Speaker 5: Car?
Speaker 2: You're doing car in ten? Yeah no it was truck. Oh Diane, you are.
Speaker 10: Okay, I don't think you truck and eight truck.
Speaker 7: And eight trucking eight truck and eight eight Yeah, there you go, do it.
Speaker 5: Okay, car and ten.
Speaker 2: Yep, that's right.
Speaker 10: Car and eight that's well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay car and two.
Speaker 7: That's it? Not bad?
Speaker 6: What does that say?
Speaker 3: This score?
Speaker 7: Five oh one?
Speaker 9: If I would have completely paid attention, I would have killed that whole thing.
Speaker 4: These you improve the cars and road signs flash for fewer milliseconds, giving you a lower better score. So for people who play at home, know that Diane did not finish the game, but her score was a five oh one.
Speaker 3: What do you mean she didn't finish the game?
Speaker 2: She ran out of turns?
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, no, she never made it to the finish line. Iyane wandered out of the home and it didn't come back. But she didn't go far. She made it to the end of the street. We went right.
Speaker 9: If I could sit at my desk and do it by myself, I bet I would get a perfect score.
Speaker 2: I bet you wouldn't perfect score.
Speaker 6: I bet you wouldn't.
Speaker 9: Now that I understand how the game is played, and I don't have somebody's big head getting in my way.
Speaker 3: One of them, one of them. But I got fat head.
Speaker 7: I jumped.
Speaker 3: I did jump on the corridor early. I did jump on the corridor early.
Speaker 9: But yeah, but then that was my fault. I was paying attention to the wrong thing exactly.
Speaker 3: So is it my fault when you crashed the car? No?
Speaker 2: No, that does sound like something you would tell the officer. I'm just so sorry.
Speaker 3: I can't help. Diane's got to mention. That's nice work, Diane. I will say this. You did better than I thought you were going to do.
Speaker 2: What did you get last night? Say again, what did you get last night?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: I made it to the end an early diagnosis. Oh so you finished it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: What happens then? Is there just a confetti or no?
Speaker 3: I mean then you play the game again. See if you beat your score?
Speaker 5: Yep?
Speaker 2: So five oh one? If you play along at home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's all you got to do. To beat Diane, you have less. You have less dementia than Diane. If you beat five oh one?
Speaker 5: What did you get? So again, I got five oh one? What did you get?
Speaker 3: One eighty? Maybe something like that. You want a lower score? It's pretty good.
Speaker 5: The do you not want a lower score?
Speaker 3: What does it say?
Speaker 2: Do you want a lower score?
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 5: Never mind?
Speaker 1: Yeah, by the way, yours just went up to six oh one.
Speaker 10: I told you that is my where's Diane?
Speaker 2: That is my greatest fear?
Speaker 3: What's that?
Speaker 6: Dementia?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 3: I told you it's the worst. It's the worst. Well, I don't know that.
Speaker 1: I've always said I've never had a family member anybody who's had like Alzheimer's. But I know I have friends who have family members that have had Alzheimer's.
Speaker 2: So it is pretty wild the claims they make about playing this specific game.
Speaker 1: No, they say this specifically, not just not just they. Maryland said the the Johns Hopkins lady.
Speaker 4: A three year period, twenty five percent lower risk of developing Alzheimer's and other types of dementia over a twenty year follow up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so if you play that for how many years?
Speaker 3: How many said?
Speaker 2: Three?
Speaker 3: Three years?
Speaker 2: Said?
Speaker 4: Who did twenty three hours over a three year period.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you don't have to play for twenty three hours straight every single day, but over there eight hours over the course of a year. So break that up into how long did that take us?
Speaker 3: Ten minutes?
Speaker 2: The listeners are saying forever.
Speaker 1: And you do that over three years, you lower your risk of dementia and Alzheimer's by twenty five percent. Isn't that crazy?
Speaker 4: God, That'd be like one of those ones where if I'm in the control group, I'm pissed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because the control group just wandered out of the home.
Speaker 3: There's no fine, Like
Speaker 5: I did, What did I drive into the front of something