Speaker 1: Bill Cunningham, the Great American and this morning speak of the Als. Mike Johnson won over a list of reasons why the shutdowns should not take place, and that was rather persuasive and at least if you're objective, But the CNN cut out of it right in the middle when he was getting the good part about the conversations he had with Schumer and with the King Jefferies. But until then, Warren Davidson is a US congressman. I think the seventh or eighth congressional district. That may change sometime soon, Congressman Warren Davidson, And welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show this Monday afternoon. What does the congressman do when there's a complete lockdown going on, Well.
Speaker 2: You try to find a way to get it open in some ways. But look, we passed a bill in the House a couple of weeks ago, now almost three weeks ago, and the Senate has had a hard time passing it. Now they've passed it in the sense that they've got a majority of the Senate that wants to keep the government open. But the Senate has their devote rule and Democrats know that, and they're trying to use that every ounce of leverage they can because they're not they're mad about the things that they lost with you know, things that Republicans have already changed, and they want to get back to stuff like you know, health care for illegals, funding NPR and you know funding you know, foreign aid, all these kinds of things that Usaid defunded. They want to restore all those things, and that's what they're shutting the government down for.
Speaker 1: Can you explain the California carve out? Is what that is and why that funds illegals getting free medical care and our expense? What is the California carve out?
Speaker 3: Well, it's not supposed to be done.
Speaker 2: And I shared on social media weeks ago fourteen states that are trying to find loopholes to.
Speaker 3: Provide healthcare to illegals.
Speaker 2: California spend the most overt I think they spend like twenty three billion dollars on it. And what they would do is say, well, we are going to count the money that we're giving to illegals for the Medicaid matching dollars. So you know, in Ohio, you've got two back two buckets. Once the standard Medicaid and then Obamacare kind of put a ninety ten match. So the federal I'm going to give ninety percent of the funds and the state gives ten percent of the funds for the Obamacare expansion. But traditionally it was about sixty forty, so you blend the two together.
Speaker 3: Most states it's seventy thirty or so.
Speaker 2: Well, when they spend that twenty three billion dollars, they're trying to count it as if it was money spent for the traditional medicaid population. And we closed that loophole when we passed the big beautiful bill and rousing the Trump signed it on July fourth. They're fighting to restore it as if that didn't happen. Well, these are state funds, and you know this is this money fungible, Like, oh, okay, I promise not to use any of the money to pay salaries if you can just mean ten million dollars for my business. And you're like, yeah, well you also don't have to buy steel for your metal stamping company. More so, I'm just going to take all that and give it to myself, you know that's the Yeah, but I didn't pay myself. You know this this idea they're not spending federal dollars on it. They're spending state dollars and then taking credit for it.
Speaker 1: And then eventually the taxpayer pace. As far as ICE, I'm gonna talk to you about ICE a little bit and ICE's operations here in Hambleton County, Butler County, is it in northern Kentucky.
Speaker 3: It's rather quiet.
Speaker 1: There's not much media coverage of ICE arresting people that shouldn't be here and put them in the Boone County or the Butler County jail on the way you go. So this morning, two or three hours ago, I watched Brandon Johnson, the mayor of Chicago that has this seven percent approval rating, and that's among Democrats in Chicago, is seven percent approval rating, ordering ICE out of the city of Chicago and demanding the ICE release all the detainees and the so called prisoners ICE has. And over the weekend there was ten vehicles that got around the vehicles operated by ICE, and there was actual fisticuffs and shootings taking place, complete chaos, and the Chicago police were turned We're told to stand down. I watched the transcripts this morning on one of the Chicago stations where the Ice officers are calling for assistance. We need help. We're surrounded, shots fired, and Chicago police were told to stand down, which is something the Chicago Police Union had about two hours ago, said, this cannot happen in our city. When law enforcement needs help, we respond because the FBI, the Department of Justice, the ATF, the US Marshall Service. When a call goes out to the Chicago Police needs help, they come to help their fellow officers. How dangerous is it when a mayor of a major American city refuses to allow federal law enforcement to do its job and secondly demands that their employees not help Ice who are under attack.
Speaker 3: Well, it's an all in commitment to be in a sanctuary city. You know.
Speaker 2: They opened they opened the city and said, look, Chicago's already a great place for your crime racket, but come here and we'll keep you safe. And they're continuing to do that safe. The cartels the base out of Chicago to run their criminal operations, and yeah, okay, everybody else illegal maybe who just came there to do a good job.
Speaker 3: But think of this.
Speaker 2: You can't have like every city in America decide who's his citizen. That's only federal and then when you try to get the federal government, try to get local authorities to help you get people trying to stop Sheriff Jones from Oh, this is a this is a federal issue. You can't use county resources to go after people. Well, that's the kind of thing we should be seeing is full cooperation to get after the people that are in our country illegally and break in our laws. But Chicago's gone the exact other way and become complete accomplices to try to resist the federal government enforcing the clear statue, the clear jurisdiction of the federal government. And it's going to have no effect. Brandon Johnson can say it, but Ice is going to be there. And if the Chicago PD won't provide security, We're just going to send more federal firepower into Chicago to provide security.
Speaker 3: Wow. And so this is chaos.
Speaker 1: I reflect back to a twenty year period when the Democrats are in charge of government in the South, and the Democrats in the South refused to enforce federal law dealing with discrimination of African Americans. In fact, it took the federal troops to stand in the doorway against Governor Wallace and against oral fabis in Arkansas so that black kids could go to public school, and the Democrats of that era said, federal law doesn't apply here. We're going to do what we want. You, Feds, get the hell out of town.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: We are fifty or sixty years later, and guess what the same Democratic Party is now saying it's Chicago, Portland, Los Angeles, not yet Cincinnati, that federal law doesn't apply here and therefore get out of Dodge. Do you see the consistency between what happened in the nineteen fifties and sixties in the South by the Democrats what the Democrats are doing here now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think the courts are going to see it as well. Despite this looney federal judge in Portland that's basically saying that, you know, President Trump has no jurisdiction in Portland. It's like, well, I'm pretty sure it's still part of America.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: And the only reason we we have ice again is federal law. So in portland's the same kind of thing. You've got a tax on ice agents, you've got a tax on federal facilities, and they need more security, and instead of the local law enforcement providing it, and helping. They're standing down and at the order of local elected officials. So President Trump said, hey, we need National Guard to just provide security for our people while they do.
Speaker 3: The law enforcement work.
Speaker 2: And you know, we're trying to have that fight with the courts, and this goes to the judges. You know, the judges are deciding they're unelected, but they're going to try to rule the country.
Speaker 1: It's it's sad and and what's happening there. I imagine this thing is going to come to a head the next few weeks. And thank god, you know, fall and winter are coming. Things are calmed down, but the lawlessness. And secondly, I've I've seen these YouTube videos of the hundreds of millions of dollars coming from Iran, from China and from so called foundations George Soros types in which they fund the protest. This one YouTube video has the same fifty to sixty people dressed in different garb, but they're the same people protesting Trump, protesting Ice, they're protesting Gaza, they're professional protesters. They show up looking a certain way with similar masks on and loud speakers, and the same crew is on several of these different fronts protesting in major cities the same people and some of the others. Some of the journalists talk to these individuals, they refuse to discuss who funds them.
Speaker 3: How do you live?
Speaker 1: How do you have time to protest all day? Well, the fact of the matter is George Soros and others in those groups are funding these protests. It's called crowds on demand, in which they're paid millions of dollars to fly these protesters around the get on different guard but could be in favor of African American causes, it could be in favor of Gosins, could be in favor of Iran, it could be in favor of Mexico, and the same hundreds of people are flowing around the country, given signs and told the protests. How about looking into that, Congressman, because that is not the way things ought to be.
Speaker 2: Exactly what we're doing with the follow of the Money action, you know FINS and Financial Crimes Enforcement Network that collects the financial intelligence and we're we're gathering that, we're making sure we share it with law enforcement, and then we got to get DJ to start bringing the cases. And look, I've been encouraged by Steven Miller talking about how we're going to use a full on effort to go after these groups. And you know the groups are you know, sort of agitated, they're paid agitated. We know where the money's coming from in some cases, some cases we're still doing the investigations. Is where's dj We need Pam Bondi to get you know, into high gear here and get after some of these guys. But the other part is that's really sad. Well, that part's crazy. And you know, on a certain level, a lot of our people across the political spectrum kind of acknowledge at some level it's crazy, but they won't speak out to the far left is found a home for set condemning this, and when it's time to go vote, they're going to go vote for it. Look at the Virginia Attorney General's race where this guy's literally crafting messaging saying, oh, you know, I'm imagining just you know, bullets in the head of my opponents and things like that, and when one of his Democrat colleagues pushes back on him, he's doubling down on it.
Speaker 3: And no apology nothing.
Speaker 2: In fact, party in Virginia is doubling down and back in the guy the Virginia candidate, you know, for governor, doubling down and backing them up on it. And so you know this kind of radical crazy ideology. So goes back to Sarah Huckaby Sanders, normal versus crazy and crazy sound a big home on the left, well.
Speaker 1: The Virginia and this is the law enforcement officer and the Commonwealth of Virginia, in which two years ago. This wasn't when he was in college and a clown drunk, this was two years ago. He urged that two bullets to be put in the head of the Speaker of the House in the Virginia Assembly. He also wanted the wife of the Speaker of the House to hold the bloody dead bodies of her children in her arms, and he put that in print, shared that on social media. Now this morning or Sunday yesterday, he apologized saying, you know, I shouldn't have been so I was wrong to do that, and I'm sorry I shouldn't have done that. But we're talking about a forty two year old man urging on social media that some nut job put two bullets in the head of the Speaker of the House in Virginia and kill his children. So his seat is eliminated from the earth and that the mother his wife, hold the bodies of her dead, bleeding children, and he put that in print. And now the election, it's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this isn't just some random guy. He's the guy Democrats are running to be the attorney general for the state of Virginia.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's crazy. And so you go, well, why aren't the left enforcing the laws.
Speaker 2: Well, they're electing people like this, you know, they're electing people that believe all this stuff. And so while you're back home thinking, well, look, I'm a Democrat. I mean, I don't believe all these crazy things. I think this is hyperbole. The Republicans are just spinning this up. No, look at the candidates that you're electing. This guy in Virginia. There are my colleagues who share these same kinds of views. And it's just that's where we're at, normal versus crazy, and we need people around the country to stay we're staying away from the crazy people, and we're going to enforce the laws. You can't have every city in the country decide who's a citizen and then they get an obstruct federal law enforcement for just enforcing immigration law.
Speaker 1: You know the guy's name. The guy's name is Jay Jones, and he's kind of on the defensive. But early voting starts today in Virginia and the Democratic gubernatorial candidates she wants him to continue in the race. The Attorney General's Associations in America said he's got to step down. You can't urge that your political opponents be shot and their children be butchered and put the bloody babies in your mother's arms to die. You can't have that person in charge of law enforcement. Two bullets in the head is what he referred to, and also the dying children in the mother's arms, the wife of the guy who's running against And of course I don't think Jay Jones going to go out and kill people. But the problem is on the left, there's crazies everywhere, like the one who shot Charlie Kirk and also the one who tried to kill Brett Kavanall. There's crazies everywhere that read this stuff as if it's real as a call to action to kill the current Attorney general in Virginia, who's the Republican. The call to action is to kill him. It's like what and this has not caused more difficulties for him in the race. I find this unbelievable, Warren.
Speaker 2: I mean, we'll see, hopefully the good people of Virginia will make the right decision. And look, the mayor of Chicago's already got no approval rating. The question is, how does a guy get elected with zero approval rating or I guess seven percent of number, but you know, some some level of positive approval rating. But you know, this is the total illustration in blue city after blue city around the country. You know, Donald Trump said it in his first campaign, and it's still so true.
Speaker 3: What the heck do you have to lose? You know, And.
Speaker 2: Hopefully people will wake up and say, yeah, you know, maybe we should try a different approach and just fundamental civilization. Don't hurt people, don't take their stuff, don't shoot him. The part is, don't tolerate people that will do those things. Now, that's worth the law.
Speaker 1: On a novel concept. Lastly, the lines are being redrawn as I speak. Smart money says that Greg Lansman's going to be positioned out. Where are you on reapportionment of your district? Right now? You have a little bit of Hamlin County. Smart money tells me they're going to take Ice seventy five west and east and you're going to come down to western Hamlinon County. What do you know about that, if anything.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know for sure. I've seen about seven or eight versions of the map.
Speaker 2: And you know, without saying when we updated our constitution back in twenty eighteen, without saying the word Cincinnati, he said, you can't split Cincinnati. It used to be split between at the time brad Winstriped and Steve Shabbitt, and then when you had it all drawn together, of course Greg Lansman meet Steve Shabbitt, and Shabbit longtime.
Speaker 3: Representated the west side. But because of that.
Speaker 2: Shift, you know, I've had a good fortune to represent the west side except for del High Everything that's not in the city west of seventy five.
Speaker 3: Is in the eighth district. Now who knows where it'll change.
Speaker 2: You know, some people think that, you know, we went from twelve twelve Republicans and four Democrats in the last redraw, that we should have held twelve and Democrats probably should have lost one. Most people think that means you'll have one in Cleveland, Columbus and Cincinnati. But there are people that really believe we might even be able to change it more than that. Right now, that's in the hands of the Redistricting Commission. That's one Republican, one Democrat from the House, one Republican, one Democrat from the Senate, the governor of the Secretary of State, and the auditor. And they're supposed to present something by the end of the month, and we'll see where it goes from there.
Speaker 1: All right, let's see what happens. So I followed the Illinois rule, in which there are seventeen congressional seats in Illinois and fifteen of the seventeen are Democrats. So I would follow the Illinois rule, which has been in effect for a long time. Bring the Illinois rule to Ohio and make it thirteen to two. That's my vote. But Warren Davidson, you're a great American. Thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. And please stay safe out there on the campaign trail with so many Democrats calling for injury and debt to those that disagree with but Davidson, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Thanks always an honor, Pray for peace and God bless you and all your listeners.
Speaker 1: And God bless America. Let's continue with more news coming up next. And we have an attorney general and the great State of Virginia urging that his political opponents be shot in the head, and that his wife, the mother of his two babies, hold their bloody, dying bodies, and that passes for political discourse. Bill Cunningham, News Radio seven hundred WW