Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 2: It is friends a share the show Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Share.
Speaker 1: That's when you share the show.
Speaker 2: You tell somebody about the news junkie radio show, say hey, I listen to this and I think.
Speaker 4: You may like it a tad bit.
Speaker 1: That's right, it said, just like that, and you've shared the show.
Speaker 2: Alternatively, for the mounds of you who are watching over on YouTube, all you have to do this massive army of people is collectively gather and click the like button.
Speaker 5: Just once smash the bill.
Speaker 2: You can smash the bell if you want, but really just click the like button.
Speaker 4: Is to share the show by clicking the like button.
Speaker 1: And you are good to go on to share the show Tuesday.
Speaker 2: How is everybody doing on a Tuesday?
Speaker 4: Hungry? Great, you're hungry. Yeah, they're remodeling my wah wah and it's going to take a couple of weeks. So if you didn't get your burritos, throwing off, throwing off my routine times in the world of sealand they are remodeling my wah wah at the moment.
Speaker 6: Very perfectly considered some very expensive mixed nuts over in the kitchen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so what about to make an extended route to work in iHeart HQ, stop by BUCkies and then you know, you can get whatever you want.
Speaker 4: That is a very early rise, just for some for some smoked brisket breakfast. I thought you were a fan.
Speaker 2: I am a fan. You were a fan, just throwing that at you. We got a lot to get to today. I wanted to say something quickly. We're about what are we three weeks away ish from the roast to the big roast event, which is going to be such a blast.
Speaker 1: We're going to ride it hard with you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, on October thirtieth, okay for the roast.
Speaker 2: I don't know if we're going to survive the next day. I don't know what's going to happen the next day, but I.
Speaker 4: Do know that our jobs.
Speaker 1: It's a good chance.
Speaker 2: Well there are some things that will happen at this roasted Please and thank you, and we may just get so angry at each other afterwards.
Speaker 4: It's like, well this is gonna be weird. Been a good run. But we ended here tonight at the doctor. You know, if we do the roast, so we all piss each other off and then we come in the next day and Sabring is the only one that dresses up for Halloween, and again.
Speaker 6: I'm not making that mistake for the We should do that for the roast. I've got my idea for this year, and I now have to reconsider because there's no way I can be the only one dressed up at work.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah as this?
Speaker 1: Well, what are you gonna be? Tell us? If you're not doing that, I'm gonna all.
Speaker 5: Right, I'll tell you because I want you to imagine.
Speaker 6: Me as old Greg old Gregg Greg Greg Google image Old Greg?
Speaker 4: Please? Is this gonna land? If nobody knows what it is?
Speaker 2: Old Greg?
Speaker 5: I mean a lot of people chat help me out.
Speaker 4: No idea what that is? Like, I'm all, I.
Speaker 5: See the man jinaa.
Speaker 4: It's some sort of nostalgia thing he loves Bailey's.
Speaker 2: People will know what it is, but I don't. Did you know that, Zeiling? I know, I don't, and I have.
Speaker 4: I have done the move where I show up to a Halloween party wearing like a mask that nobody knows what it is.
Speaker 6: I mean, I Wasla from Family Guy and everyone's like, what are you.
Speaker 7: From?
Speaker 4: Away?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'd like you're the Family Guy lady. I can see what's going on here. But if you can, man, no, he in fact, you're gonna get a double whammy, I think from a lot of people, because they're gonna go who are you?
Speaker 4: And then are you an army guy?
Speaker 5: Are you responding?
Speaker 4: Are you a gilly suit? People? Somebody says it's old, so old. I'm old, Greg, what a great costume.
Speaker 2: I'm old Greg. There's a couple of people Bailey is out of a.
Speaker 5: Shoe exactly, you guys, it's a great bit.
Speaker 2: I mean, I feel like, what you're gonna do. You're gonna go, here's my costume, and then people go what is it?
Speaker 4: Exactly? And then people are gonna be like, is that Charlie Murphy.
Speaker 6: Maybe I'll have like, instead of showing the light that would come from Mike crotch.
Speaker 5: Once again, this is a throwback, a call out.
Speaker 4: This is part of the costume. You have part of your crotch.
Speaker 6: But I also have a QR code in which people can watch the video real quick and know what I'm referring to. So yeah, I think maybe just a witch's hat for that Friday.
Speaker 2: All right, Well we'll see. We have no idea what's gonna happen, but we do know this. We we were looking at the event and all of the main seats are are gone, right, Like, all the main rows seats are gone, and everybody gobbled them up.
Speaker 4: And I'm looking at pictures of old Greg and I that's a lot of work for a costume that a lot of people are not going to get.
Speaker 5: Okay, it doesn't mean a lot of people don't get it.
Speaker 2: Let's let's convince her not to do it, and then we'll both dress up as old Greg them.
Speaker 5: I think, honestly, the three of us is all good.
Speaker 1: Well, all right, here's the deal.
Speaker 2: So we we sold out the main section of the seats for the roast. There's like some side and other options available. But then we found out that the venue was holding some seats and we're like, you're holding some seats because they wanted to get some people into the roast, I guess, And the goal is to get as many of you into the roast as possible, all right.
Speaker 4: For their events, and you know, it makes a little sense for things that are not our roast. They hold a handful of seats for their top donors and VIPs and stuff like that, and I go, these, your top donors are not going to want to see the roast. They will we want.
Speaker 2: We want people in these seats that are like, are huge fans of the shows that are going to know what's going on.
Speaker 6: Man, I bet the top donors know who Old Greg is. I mean, it's all coming to there's.
Speaker 4: Not a single top downer and knows Old Greg. You're telling me the Dardens, the actual Dardens with Darden on their birth certificates. I love your lobster bisk.
Speaker 1: Are gonna go?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, Old Greg.
Speaker 2: Well, what they did was they held these seats, including the very front and center table they were holding, and we're like, well, we're gonna need these, we need these seats. So they have done us a solid. There are awesome people over there, and they have released some decent, some good seats. In fact, the best seats in the house, right stage center, right in front of the stage where the roast is gonna be happening, has opened up. So somebody gobbled that up right now while you can't well, you have an opportunity to grab these.
Speaker 1: If you want to know how to.
Speaker 2: Get them, the best way is Thenewsjunkie dot Com slash roast Okay the news junkie with an ie on the end slash roast, but we got them to open those up, and we got.
Speaker 4: About three weeks. I'll tell you this true story.
Speaker 2: I have already crossed three jokes off my list because I was like, too far, too far, that's not surprising.
Speaker 5: We probably should all talk about what is no go? Because I have a list of things that.
Speaker 4: I didn't drive me off the list for you. I dropped it.
Speaker 2: I drop other things off the list for other people. And it was because I told Courtney, like, I got some bangers, and I told Courtney, what do you think about this line? And she's like, no, no, that's too far's you can't do that and other fine, scratch that one out, And I'm like, what if I tone it down? Okay, all right, we might be able to work that in. But that I mean, that's only because I'm aiming for the fences.
Speaker 4: I'm I'm absolutely amailing beyond the fence.
Speaker 1: Damn, I amy beyond beyond the fence.
Speaker 5: It's burning bridges time.
Speaker 2: I'm aiming for old Greg. He's out there. It's way out there. All right, Let's se what we got. Let's put our ears, the grond our figures on the post Le's see what's happened. To this great, big wide world of ours. And my god, would this be a weird situation? You ready for this? Somebody's in California. Yeah, I think where.
Speaker 1: Did this happen? I have to figure this out.
Speaker 2: It was on Highway fifty in Sacramento, California. How on earth does this person not freak out and start cursing in this video? Okay, if they don't, I'm positive that they don't. Oh, you hear their radio. The radio is pumped up a little bit. But as they're sitting on the highway in Sacramento, California, as they're sitting on the highway, though, the helicopter, the Metavac helicopter crashes right next to them, and here we go, watch right, see they're filming Betavac helicopter flying overhead. All right, they didn't even say anything. Okay, the chopper just crashed right next to the on the street, and no one in this car filming makes a peep. And what happened afterwards, I'll show you. I've got another video of the aftermath of this ceil and here's here's afterwards. And they said, I don't know if there's any deaths as of yet or anything like that this just said the people were able to escape from the wreckage at least.
Speaker 4: But here's what it looked like.
Speaker 2: That, I mean, blades obviously gone, chopper is on its side.
Speaker 4: On the highway, and this just fell down right next to somebody.
Speaker 1: David says they were filming at driving.
Speaker 2: David, that was the least of their worries that they were filming at driving. There was a helicopter that land.
Speaker 1: Is that your answer for why they weren't and yeah, freaking out.
Speaker 4: I mean I know I would have been like, beep, beep, beep.
Speaker 2: I would have said all of the curse words. Yeah, I can't say them right now because I can't believe you just.
Speaker 1: Did say them. I mean, you just said so many.
Speaker 4: I thought that we.
Speaker 1: Weren't talking about you too.
Speaker 2: Just now I thought I thought about, like what if I just said m effort. And I looked back and Sabrina had run into the bathroom, and.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh my god, if my life.
Speaker 2: So I don't know, if you see like a throw off the headphones and run into the other.
Speaker 4: Studio, do you think I really need to throw off the headphones and run into the other studio.
Speaker 5: It's on his phone or something.
Speaker 1: Really, you can do it from there. I can hit it umb from here.
Speaker 4: Well, let's try it, mother, No, it's it's not worth it.
Speaker 2: But I can't believe they didn't freak out when there's a Metavac chopper crash right next to them on the road. But there they go. We'll see what happened, and hopefully all those folks can can pull through. It's tough out there, though, because from what I can.
Speaker 4: Tell today, for the Metovac is still the Traumahawk, if a better one, you know.
Speaker 2: Throw that's what we had growing up. It was called the Traumahawk, and I didn't you know. It's one of those things that sometimes you don't realize stuff until you move to different places, and then you move somewhere else and you're like.
Speaker 1: Oh, you guys call it this.
Speaker 2: Oh you guys say this instead, and you realize everything's like all regional.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 2: It's just like when you move to a new city and you realize, oh, you guys have the same exact car sale commercials that we have, but like your dealership is in the song instead of the name of the dealers.
Speaker 4: It's the same voice guy and everything. Yeah, this is the celebrity Dan Marino cameo. Yeah, yeah, go coast to coast. Baby, what did you call the game with the We do the one two three shoot and you either do the the scissors rock paper scissors. Yeah, I grew up with paper rock scissors, paper rock scissors.
Speaker 5: Weird because you grew up in the same area we did.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying the people that I learned it. Yeah, with the rich kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you have a taco bell at your high school, they call it paper rock scissors.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They because they start with the paper, which is a little higher end the rock you don't want to lead with.
Speaker 4: Although they top co bell. At my high school, it's a rockos tacos. Now they do table side going right there in the in.
Speaker 6: The are we had a four month old Salisbury steak.
Speaker 2: Just to keep it on the rock theme. Very quickly, Courtney told me, and I thought this was pretty good. Apparently there's a trend going on right now where you go outside, just anywhere outside and you get a rock and just find a rock outside and then you bring it over to like your family member, your mom or something, and you're like, we got this for you.
Speaker 1: An anthropology.
Speaker 5: Oh, I saw that video.
Speaker 6: It's so great, do it, but it has to be a rock from their own house.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: People. The people are like, wow, this was almost one hundred.
Speaker 2: Dollars and they put it on the counter and they put stuff.
Speaker 4: All you have to do is telements for me, anthropologies. Oh my gosh, I got some bangers coming for Christmas.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, rocks for everyone, rocks for everyone. All right, quick break, when we come down, a come back.
Speaker 4: When we come down, come down, what are we own?
Speaker 2: We will come down when we return and we'll talk about something really dangerous happening right now, all right, especially if you have flying in your future in the next week or so. Apparently air traffic controllers are not showing up. Apparently there's some problems. Some people blame it on the government shut down. Some people are like, no, they just don't want to show up. What's really going on. We're going to find out and tell you the nitty gritty of what's happening at airports today. Wait till you hear this. It's coming up next in the news junkie. Really, a lot of air traffic controllers have decided not to show up for work. That's not good. That's not good news. For those of you who want to fly. It started at this one airport out in Burbank in southern California, and they said no air traffic controllers showed up, so they were like.
Speaker 1: All right, let's do the day.
Speaker 2: And then none of the air traffic controllers showed up for work, and the governor of California blamed Trump and the.
Speaker 1: Government shut down.
Speaker 2: But that's kind of like a partisan thing because they are these air traffic controllers.
Speaker 1: They're supposed to.
Speaker 2: Keep working through any kind of government shutdown, as you might imagine.
Speaker 4: Correct, But am I wrong in saying they don't get paid until the shutdown is over.
Speaker 2: Well, that's where the rub comes in, because they they allegedly will get paid. It's not assured one hundred percent that they would get paid, but they allegedly would get paid when the shutdown was over. And if that didn't go beyond a couple of weeks, they probably wouldn't even notice. But when you look at it from that standpoint, I wouldn't be surprised, like all of a sudden, a lot of air traffic controllers are like government shut down, not one hundred percent sure of getting paid.
Speaker 1: I'm not showing up for work today.
Speaker 4: To work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, feel it a little bit sick right now. And a bunch of them, I guess across the country now.
Speaker 4: Maybe they just need to have they need to have another one of those power outages so that they can all get the free forty five days off. True, that would solve it. Then we just stopped.
Speaker 2: Flying for for forty five days. Nobody flies. We all just walk from place to place off the country for everybody will drop pounds. We'll all drop some lbs together. But the US airports are experiencing delays due to staffing issues, and some people are saying.
Speaker 4: It's caused by the shutdown.
Speaker 2: Other people are saying, well, they're supposed to work anyway. If you are saying it's caused by the shutdown, then you're blaming. Like Gavin Newsom, he's like a Trump, it's your shutdown. Trump is probably going to reply that, hey, the Democrats.
Speaker 1: Turned off the government, right. We wanted to work with them and they did. They did not want to work, so the Democrats shut it down.
Speaker 2: He's gonna say, I got three of the Democrats to vote for the budget continuance, and I couldn't get the rest of them. I got all of the Republicans to vote for it. Why is it our government shutdown? So the blame game is on, and you know, pick your poison. But the biggest thing is for people who are flying, they're like, wait, what's happening here? Was there's nobody at the airport? Nobody showed up? And yeah, I guess that was the case, at least for this one airport in California. Let's see what ABC seven said about this.
Speaker 7: Let's listen in and we begin with that breaking news.
Speaker 9: The government shut down is leading to a shortage of air traffic controllers at some US airports.
Speaker 4: Including the Hollywood Burbank Airport.
Speaker 10: We've learned a few minutes now the tower will be unmanned. So let's go right to eyewitness news reporter Jory Ran. He has the latest on the developing situation. Whether travelers will notice any impact, Jory.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Philip Jovanna, that sounds like a scary situation in unmanned tower at an airport.
Speaker 4: Here in southern California.
Speaker 11: But this might turn out to be one of the situations that's pretty serious. But most people here at the airport won't notice anything at all unless the.
Speaker 1: Jamie I'll notice.
Speaker 2: If I'm on the flight and I'm watching cable television and they're like, there are no air traffic controllers at the airport you're flying into, I am going into panic mode.
Speaker 1: I am thinking, I feel.
Speaker 5: Like we need who's flying this plane?
Speaker 12: Man?
Speaker 4: I feel like we need the air traffic controllers. I don't know, isn't there like some I know that you probably don't usually use these with like commercial airliners, but aren't there some rules in place to if there are no air traffic controllers to just treat it like a four way stop.
Speaker 6: I mean we've but we've flown that when we were going into.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Well, when on those little planes sometimes they might do that.
Speaker 6: They talk to each other, and I think that's very important. But if not terrifying exactly.
Speaker 4: Well, we'll see. There are people freaking now.
Speaker 5: And they're very nonchalantly.
Speaker 1: I don't have a flight schedule this week.
Speaker 2: I feel okay about it, but if I did, I might be a little upset about the whole ordeal.
Speaker 1: If you work for the air.
Speaker 2: Traffic control folks, and you want to give us some insight on what's happening here, do let us know this, says the Transportation Secretary Sean Duffy said air traffic control towers were continuing to mountain absenteeas and watch your mouth since the shutdown began October first, forcing the FAA to slow operations to maintain safety.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: Roughly thirteen thousand air traffic controllers are classified as essential and they are to continue working. There is no assurance that they will be paid on time, he said. About fifty thousand Transportation Security Emission Administration officials are also required to report to work. Their next paycheck is in one week, so they're like, well, hold on my.
Speaker 1: Paychecks in a week.
Speaker 2: If you don't get the government shutdown solved by that day, then I might not even get my.
Speaker 1: Paycheck, So why am I going to go to work?
Speaker 2: And then the Republicans are saying, yeah, you're right, Democrats are screwing you over here. Tell them to open the government back up so their safety is back in place. And the Democrats like Gavin Newsom are like, well, it's your government shut down. You're the reason why the planes are going to fall out of the sky. I don't know if anything's getting fixed behind the scenes right now, but that's just what people are doing. That's the Spider Man game of pointing at each other and an assigning blame here. So they said, there have been delays on about five thousand, five hundred flights so far, and yeah, we will. We will see what happens here as that progresses. And again, if you work in that field, do let us know, send us a dispatch over at the news Junkie dot com.
Speaker 4: I mean, there's a part of me, it's it's it's it's the actually part of me that wants to go Sean. Just because there's no air traffic drollers doesn't mean planes are just going to fall out of the sky. And then our opening clip.
Speaker 2: Helicopter falling out of the sky, unrelated, unrelated.
Speaker 1: As far as we know, it's hard to tell.
Speaker 2: I'll be honest with you, I'm not an expert in the what happens up there in the skies on planes and air traffic control. But I would like for a couple of things. Just as a proud American, somebody who loves America, capitalism flowing through my blood and absolutely a big fan of the US of A, I.
Speaker 1: Want two things, all right.
Speaker 2: I want the air traffic controllers to be doing their job without any kind of fear that either party is screwing them out of a paycheck. I want that, and I also want I'm trying to think that there are more things that I want right now, because this is my time for a laundry.
Speaker 4: List Partridge, and that's that's you know.
Speaker 2: I also want our politicians to stop playing all these stupid games, all the sanctimonious nonsense, and start fixing things in.
Speaker 4: The United States. Ama too much.
Speaker 2: I might be, but I would like for that to happen. I would like some politicians that are less interested in making soundclips go viral on Twitter slash x and more interested in like fixing stuff. But you know, that's a lot to ask for in twenty twenty five, I would guess.
Speaker 1: Let us know what you think.
Speaker 2: Send us a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 4: A couple of emails coming in real quick.
Speaker 1: Excuse me.
Speaker 2: Here is a Shamica Shamica also talking about that docuseries we mentioned.
Speaker 1: Death in Room six' oh.
Speaker 2: Three shamica, SAYS i believe the guy in that docuseries you mentioned is.
Speaker 1: GUILTY i believe he's guilty.
Speaker 4: Due to the nine to one one.
Speaker 2: CALL i feel like he gave an alibi before saying anything about his, fiance which is. Weird, plus let's not forget he mentioned suicide, first and everybody knows stabbing is not the most painless way to, Go so online search looking. Weird PS i love you, guys Says. SHAMIKA a lot of people were talking about that particular docu. Series it's gotten quite a bit of attention and you should check it.
Speaker 1: Out it's.
Speaker 2: GOOD i, disagree as you know from listening to the. SHOW i think what people do in these cases is they look at stuff in retrospect very differently than they would. Otherwise so in, retrospect when you have a mystery going, on, now you listen to the nine to one one call and, you in my, opinion over examine. It, right every little nuance and thing is intentionally being, done and you're listening to it for him DOING, X y OR z to prove that he's guilty or not. GUILTY i think that if you listen to a lot of nine to one one, calls most of.
Speaker 1: It is just.
Speaker 2: Chaos most of it is not like some coherent stream of. Thoughts usually when people call nine one, one as many nine to one one operators will tell You i'm sure they are freaking.
Speaker 1: Out they need to be calmed.
Speaker 2: Down they are throwing out information that is not valuable most times to the. OPERATORS i think we look at this stuff afterwards with a little bit too, fine a grain of, attention and then we assigned blame to. It but another email on that anonymous emails and by the, way to, you to this anonymous, person kudos to.
Speaker 4: YOU i appreciate. It up top with stars all around.
Speaker 3: It.
Speaker 4: Anonymous please give me, anonymous please give me.
Speaker 2: Anonymous? GOTCHA i got, you Says Hi News junkie. Crew my husband AND i have been listening since day. One well let's stop and say thank you again THAT.
Speaker 1: I appreciate.
Speaker 4: You i'm a day behind the podcast.
Speaker 2: Listen BUT i binged the death Of apartment six oh three series On hulu last night two years, ago and from your conversations about, IT i.
Speaker 4: Would have completely thought it was somebody who got away with.
Speaker 2: Murder, however after watching it and reading the text messages Between ellen and her, FIANCE i completely agree With. Sean my husband AND i have been married for ten plus. Years we first heard we heard your first show together pool. Side oh that's. Fun he suffered from some anxiety over the, years but nothing to worry. About sitting next to a pool at five. Am no, no, no, yeah, no this was later. On this was she's, saying we heard the first show in this. Time he suffered from some anxiety over the. Years otherwise they're just. Weird he suffered from some anxiety over the, years but nothing to worry. About four years, ago we had our first child and decided to have one more, well which she was, two we were surprised with.
Speaker 4: Twins the twins.
Speaker 2: Were born eight weeks early and spent every bit of those eight weeks at the nick. You it also forced our hands, financially and Now i'm now a stay at home.
Speaker 1: Mom this sent my husband's anxiety.
Speaker 2: SPIRALING i bet AND i now get the same type of text from him. Daily when we were first, married he changed careers and became a. Teacher he achieved the recognition of being in the top twelve for teacher of the year for the entire county and second year. Teaching, however NOW i get text daily about how much he hates his. Job he can't take being at school. Anymore it's too. Stressful he just wants to. Quit he's not happy. There et, cetera et. Cetera the text are is so similar to those sent from this woman to her fiance THAT i almost stop watching the documentary.
Speaker 1: Altogether, geez most.
Speaker 2: Of his closest, friends, family and coworkers would never have any clue that he could possibly commit suicide because he hides it all from them so, well but it's a FEAR i live with. Daily we're doing everything we can with help from, therapists, psychologists and, meds but those text exchanges really hit home interesting. Insight thank you for that for. Sure you can join us on the. Show send your emails over to tips tips at thenewsjunki dot com emails and he says there's a reason Why Bad bunny was chosen for The Super. BOWL i haven't heard anybody mention it, yet but it's because of international.
Speaker 1: Markets he.
Speaker 2: SAYS i think that's like a pretty small portion of their revenue at THE. Nfl but he says he thinks it's because of international. MARKETS nfl doesn't care If america gets. Mad they want that f one in soccer. Money that's why they have more and more games overseas overseas every. Year, yeah, well they have been trying That they have been trying, that for. SURE i did see That trump was On newsmax and they asked him About Bad bunny and The Super bowl.
Speaker 4: Performance so let's see What let's see what we.
Speaker 13: Said you, know there's a THE nfl just chose the Bad Bundy rabbit or whatever his name, is doesn't like, who he accuses everything he doesn't like of. Racism do you think maybe we should just kind of entertain blowing off THE, nfl like a boycott or something along those. Lines this guy does not seem like a unifying, entertainer and a lot of folks don't even know who he.
Speaker 4: IS i never heard of.
Speaker 14: HIM i don't know who he.
Speaker 4: IS i don't know why they're doing. It it's like.
Speaker 15: Crazy then they blame it on some promoter that they hired to pick up.
Speaker 4: ENTERTAINMENT i. THINK i think it's absolutely.
Speaker 15: Ridiculous and while we're at, It i'd like them to change the kickoff, rule which looks ridiculous with a ball is kicked and the ball is floating in the end and everyone's standing there watching.
Speaker 4: It it's. Ridiculous he's not.
Speaker 2: He's fixing, football make football great?
Speaker 4: Again does that work on a? HAT i. DON'T i don't think it. Does, so by the, Way trump is.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent, right one hundred percent, right, Okay and what that kickoff rule is.
Speaker 1: Stupid it is the dumbest thing that they changed that kickoff.
Speaker 2: Rule and they used to kick the ball off and then somebody would catch, it and then they would run to try to tanckle.
Speaker 4: Them and now you kick the ball off and.
Speaker 2: Everybody has to stand still and like the excitement that the kickoff is. Gone the change, it they change it. Hurt it might have been for safety. REASONS i don't. Know i'm not an expert in this field in the, lightest So i'm not going to put my my change down on any. Bat BUT i can tell you that it is kind of stupid when you watch. That just for me, personally it's LIKE i watched. THAT i Think trump's, Right he's, right BUT i don't know that as the president he can necessarily at least not yet do anything about. That we'll see Bad bunny though with some other. Rabbit bad bunny rabbit it.
Speaker 5: Is but obviously doesn't like. You and here's all the information for not knowing who he.
Speaker 2: Is and that was On newsmax talking about, this but there was another revelation we'll get to at some point during the show today about something else that's happening for the halftime, performance which is another interesting Twizz and we'll talk about that in a bit right, now quick break when we come. Back let's see what are we going to get into. Next, Oh i've got more details about. That speaking of, sports THAT nfl personality and his name Is Mark, sanchez and we talked about him yesterday first and started, with.
Speaker 1: Oh my, GOD i feel for him and his.
Speaker 2: Family he got stabbed by some crazo In, indianapolis and then the story kept. Unfolding it was, like hold, on was he the? Baddie, wait hold on he stabbed the other guy? Too or just like all kinds of confusion about this. Story now we got some new details and this could change. Everything what do we know now about this very, interesting mysterious story that is coming up next in the. News, chunky join us on the show with your dispatches and your. Emails we'll get some more of those in a moment. Here BUT i want to, SAY i don't. KNOW i find this thing kind of, weird, Honestly but there's a story out there that's getting a lot of. Attention people are sharing it, online people are, arguing. Etc and to, me it's it's kind of. Weird but In washington there was somebody who went to build a bear and when they got, THERE i, guess you go through this whole process of building your stupid bear and they're, like what color bear do you? Want and you want to put a little message inside your?
Speaker 8: Bear you?
Speaker 5: Know it's so weird is that that's been around for like thirty years.
Speaker 6: Already, YEAH i remember knowing as a, child and they're still doing.
Speaker 2: It they try to put little tweaks on it every once in a, while but they are still out there doing. It but at the end of the, PROCESS i guess they, go what would you like to name your?
Speaker 5: Bear, yeah that's the whole.
Speaker 2: Thing and then somebody SAID i want to name my Bear Charlie kirk and they, said, no we won't do. It and then there was like they threw a big fit over, this and they, SAID i cannot believe that you wouldn't do. This she didn't agree with, it she didn't support. It she told, me we're not doing. This they folded up the bear and threw it away and said it definitely made us all very very.
Speaker 6: Uncomfortable this is an, Adult, no this was a sixteen year old Named evie McCormick who was at this build a.
Speaker 1: BEAR i don't.
Speaker 2: KNOW i didn't see any recording of the, incident BUT i wouldn't be surprised if there was. One and she went through the line and at the end they, said what do you want to name the? Bear and she Says Charlie kirk and they said. No and we saw the same thing with like some printing of flyers after The Charlie kirk Things.
Speaker 1: Starbucks starbucks orders and.
Speaker 2: Stuff don't get me, wrong what happened To Charlie kirk was a, massive massive thing and symptomatic of larger problems with particular sects of the online community getting radicalized and people who aren't for free, speech which we literally should separate The United states Of america into two, camps the people who are for free, speech even speech they disagree, with and the people who are. Not then we should absolutely positively stiff arm and ignore every single one of the people who are in the camp that doesn't accept other, ideas doesn't accept freedom of, speech and wants to shoot and kill people for, words all, right that's bitch made behavior and we should we should not support that in.
Speaker 4: Anyway but at the end of the, day why why why are you naming your builde Bear Charlie? Kirk why?
Speaker 2: Why, like why are you going to Starbars bucks and doing The it's just LIKE i saw a guy go into a, wall a target or, something and he has no shirt on and he walks up to the counter.
Speaker 16: And he's, LIKE i want this and this and, this and they go what's the name Of he Goes Charlie kirk and they're like, okay and he's, like if you don't like, it too, Bad and this the Poorest starbucks teenage employee with zits all over his.
Speaker 1: Face he's, LIKE i.
Speaker 2: Don't, care Mister kirk, like and he's filling up with the guys like that's WHAT i, thought pussy and walk out of the. Store it's, like, guys what are we accomplishing?
Speaker 4: Here what's going?
Speaker 5: On you get a whole six dollars check at.
Speaker 4: The end of the, Morn we're all this.
Speaker 2: Desperate is that what's?
Speaker 14: Happening yet then you do, this and, honestly what you do is you take all of the arguments around The Charlie kirk, stuff and you crap all of them because you make it about a stupid thing instead of like the most.
Speaker 2: Important, thing which is a sniper shooting a man in the throat for, words right like, that YOU'RE i think you're kind of taken away from.
Speaker 1: IT i think you are, like this.
Speaker 4: Is the end of build a. Bear this is you. Guys are you better build a new idea because you're?
Speaker 2: Done Oh, god buzz on YouTube, says oh, Great sean just Gave trump an idea to build camps for people who want free. Speech thanks. Man no, no, no, no, no no. No i'm saying we we reject the people who are not for free. SPEECH i don't even want to put them in. Camps AND i don't think the president would.
Speaker 1: Either just for the, RECORD i think.
Speaker 5: If he, listens but he will take the idea and make its.
Speaker 2: OWN i think he's busy answering THE nfl related questions at the.
Speaker 5: Moment here floating in the.
Speaker 2: AIR i THINK i think it literally should be a light of the, sand those kind of.
Speaker 1: Things but, this like this makes it.
Speaker 2: Stupid this makes it seem stupid if you're engaging in the world of, like, hey free speech. Matters, hey, hey your idea that my words are violence is. Insane all, right it's. Unhinged you've been radicalized and you need to be deprogrammed somewhere, Perhaps but that ain't on. ME i just don't want you to have any power right. Now those kind of things are, important and the like build a bear controversy is just definitely not.
Speaker 1: Now hold on.
Speaker 4: Employee At builderburg workshop refuse a request to write the name of the thing because somebody in the comments was saying that sometimes you do this build a bear. Stuff you're using a computer right to put it in the? Name, yeah that means if the computer was denying, it that means that somebody at some, point like specifically went in. There this wasn't just one employee.
Speaker 5: Going pretty, sure you just get a first first name, One what.
Speaker 2: Do you mean like like a corporate, Thing like they won't let that name go in?
Speaker 1: There you would have to go into the computer to ban a.
Speaker 4: Name but, yeah but would they do.
Speaker 2: That there's gotta be.
Speaker 1: Other Charlie kirks out. THERE i imagine there are are you.
Speaker 6: Naming the are you you're putting your own name attached to?
Speaker 4: IT i think you named the.
Speaker 5: Bear, yeah if you do all one, WORD i don't see the.
Speaker 2: Issue, YEAH i think you named the bear.
Speaker 6: This that wouldn't be surprised if you want to name the bear or something, BAD a bad.
Speaker 4: Word, okay the computer didn't reject. It it was on the PRINTED bir certificate and that's what the manager threw. Away oh, really hold, on here's the. Story i've got the actual. Story fun.
Speaker 8: Decided we want to go to build A bear because we had to go up To seattle.
Speaker 17: Anyway but these teens told Me friday's trip To South Center mall turned.
Speaker 2: Political, also not for, nothing but you're sixteen years old at?
Speaker 1: All build a bear all?
Speaker 4: RIGHT i don't. Know it definitely made us all very. Uncomfortable sixteen year Old evie.
Speaker 17: McCormick she wanted was to honor the man who inspired her for years on social, Media Charlie.
Speaker 8: Kirk that turned my life around in more ways THAN i can.
Speaker 4: Express his name Is Charlie.
Speaker 17: Kirk but that name and didn't make him past The build A bear. Manager evie says when she finished the special, keepsake the store employees shocked her by refusing to allow the bear to be named After Charlie. Kirk she wouldn't print the name on the bear's birth, certificates a decade long tradition for the.
Speaker 2: BRAND i need the birth certificate for the name to be.
Speaker 6: Official if they still give her the bear because he's holding.
Speaker 4: It on her, lap MAYBE i have a lunatic.
Speaker 2: Here but can't you just take the bear walk away and be, like just find your birth.
Speaker 4: Certificate his name Is Charlie.
Speaker 6: Kirk, No, sean you can you need the actual birth? Certificate come, on, now this Is.
Speaker 2: America are all your friends going to gather around and be, like, WELL i. CAN'T i can't agree with.
Speaker 1: This your bear's name is not Indeed Charlie.
Speaker 4: Krey they act.
Speaker 6: Certificate let's be, clear three sixteen year olds went to build a bear when they went To, seattle just because they needed to find something to.
Speaker 5: Do so they're probably gathering.
Speaker 4: Around do they know this is not a legal binding? Documents?
Speaker 1: No. No in a few, years here's the.
Speaker 4: Thing in a few, years when one of those sixteen year olds Steals charlie kirkbar from one of the other sixteen year olds and they have to go to the police over, this they, go, well whose bear is?
Speaker 3: This?
Speaker 1: Exactly can you please provide the birth, certificate and there.
Speaker 6: Was this bear even born in The United. States please provide the bird or the.
Speaker 2: Bear that's what we need to. Do this bear has no. Papers that's what's going on. Here just name the bear. Yourself, okay bring the bear out of the store and just name it.
Speaker 6: Yourself, God, NO i know what to use my new app for bear ice.
Speaker 2: Or maybe this is a business. Opportunity could we be like secondary build a bear birth certificates where any band names go to the, website put the name on there and we'll give you a fresh.
Speaker 4: Ease AND i am fresh out of, passports BUT i do have build a bear birth, certificates all.
Speaker 1: RIGHT i got this out of.
Speaker 4: Controller you just didn't agree with.
Speaker 8: It she didn't support, it and she told me we're not doing, this folded it up in the forest and threw. AWAY i, scoffed walked. AWAY i was, Like, kaylee you have to pay for. THIS i handed her my, card pulled on my, pin AND i walked.
Speaker 17: Away AND i went in and talked to the manager of the. Store WHEN i asked her if this happened, here she said it wasn't something she could comment on and told me.
Speaker 4: To call their corporate.
Speaker 17: Office on the, phone a customer service rep told me the case is being handled internally by the appropriate. Department, MEANWHILE i did call corporate and it was on the phone for a good, guys.
Speaker 4: Why do we do this?
Speaker 2: Stuff aren't there more important things in all of your?
Speaker 5: Lives, No, sean go back to that shot real.
Speaker 6: Quick, look there is an entire family all sitting on the. Couch she's trying to get in the corner of THE tv.
Speaker 2: Shot it says they did us some seven minutes lives seven, minute thirty six seconds out going call to The build A Bear.
Speaker 4: Center, hi we're we're still. Running how are?
Speaker 1: YOU i DON'T i don't.
Speaker 2: KNOW i think we've got all the details we need. HERE i THINK i think we understand what's happening in this.
Speaker 4: Story but also and print to build A bear birth certificate for free can come on.
Speaker 2: Right but and you just write whatever you want in, There osama bin laden.
Speaker 5: Come on.
Speaker 1: That that's what they should just do to get around.
Speaker 2: This it'll be, like, here here's the birth certificate right in whatever name you.
Speaker 1: Want we don't have to do this.
Speaker 2: Ourselves they Could they could really outsource any of the troubles right, Here eddie, says these bears ain't.
Speaker 1: Cheap and the name is part of the.
Speaker 4: Cost how is the name part of the costs.
Speaker 2: Of if we look at the value of the purchased, item all.
Speaker 4: The value is going to be in said. Bear the name is an idea and.
Speaker 2: A piece of, paper and apparently one that you could just print out sea what it. Says if you want to to make your, Own i'll send her, one all, Right Charlie Kirk american, hero Little american flag and stuff on The i'll put that on there and send it over if we can solve this. Problem i'm here to solve the world's, problems big and, small one at a, time and IF i could fix this, One i'm happy to do.
Speaker 1: IT i truly.
Speaker 2: Am we'll look in you more of This Mark sanchez stabbing. STORY i told you about that. Earlier i've got this off to the. Side we'll get into that as soon as we get a moment of. Promise we'll get Into chicago fighting against The feds and some insane things that are happening on the ground. There what an interesting time to be, alive And i'm sure you've got thoughts about. It but when we come, Back Bill burr has finally made some comments about That Saudi Arabian comedy, festival and people didn't really like.
Speaker 1: What he had to.
Speaker 2: Say we'll see what he said and we'll see what you, think because that is coming up next on the.
Speaker 4: News junkie did not spend the whole break naming build A bear's you?
Speaker 2: Did did you get A Charlie kirk build a?
Speaker 4: Bear, no it did allow. That the only thing it really doesn't allow is curse.
Speaker 5: Words it's got a Very you can have An Adolf hitler.
Speaker 4: Bear Charlie kirk was Allowed osama Bear lawden like you, suggested was Allowed Adolph, Bear hitler, bear all good suicide. Bear that one wasn't. Blocked kill the, bear kill the. Bear but, no it didn't allow like as, bear fat sea word. Bear did not allow me to name the. Bear magna Cum lauda.
Speaker 2: Say that these stories you can name it that you just have to spell it. O some people put this out and chat it's like these stories are often just like a corporate thing that then gets interpreted in the least charitable way, possible and they're, like, actually you, know like everybody grow up in this story please we. Can we can move on to the serious, stuff something, serious something, spooky even Because halloween is upon. Us AND i will tell you one THING i have, noticed in particular in my, neighborhood but really everywhere out there Before, halloween.
Speaker 1: People have really changed the.
Speaker 4: Game AND.
Speaker 2: I might be crazy, here BUT i do feel like WHEN i was a, kid they didn't even have that many options for decorating your house For.
Speaker 1: HALLOWEEN i think you could go.
Speaker 2: Out and buy Like ceiline has a twelve foot skeleton or.
Speaker 6: Whatever when we were, kids people were making their own.
Speaker 4: Decorations what did people do like.
Speaker 2: Spiderwebs, yeah.
Speaker 6: Entire block on my, street but one particular, house not on my STREET i am, lying but right by my, house in a safer part of the. Neighborhood and they had like guts hanging from the, trees things like hanging like in a new style from the, trees and, uh you, know different colored. Lights it was very clear that it was all Handmade diy. Style he went over To target or. Kmart at that, time you got your cobwebs that were impossible to get out of the.
Speaker 5: Bushes, afterwards some.
Speaker 4: Pumpkins maybe you wouldn't at that. Lights, yeah you had some pretty basic. Stuff now they got. Everything.
Speaker 2: NOW i got a neighbor that has this setup WHERE i don't know IF i mentioned this, before but they have closed lines out and when the wind is blowing in the closed, lines you could See Michael myer's.
Speaker 1: Face they have a full.
Speaker 2: Size Michael myers with a knife behind the close lines in their front. Yard it's. Fantastic it's, great but it's kind of weird that we go this. Far some of y'all are going to jail over this. Stuff some of you guys are taking this so, far you're going to jail for. You this guy right here That i'm looking, at he was. Arrested it Says halloween decorations depicting the bodies of local politicians.
Speaker 3: Led to an.
Speaker 1: Arrest this guy's, like here's What i'll.
Speaker 17: Do AND i.
Speaker 4: REMEMBER i REMEMBER i was driving around and looking at Some halloween decorations that people had, up AND i saw a graveyard AND i, go, oh it was this, time like last year that we were kind of, pondering, like you, know it Was, halloween but it was also an election. Year, no it Was, halloween but it was also election, season so people had Their halloween, decorations but they also had their election, signs AND i go when you put the sign in the, GRAVEYARD i don't know if you are for this candidate or against.
Speaker 5: Them this is very.
Speaker 4: True it's a good.
Speaker 2: Point it seems against like it seems a little bit. Against let's see what this person. Did police report says they received a call regarding potential witnesses to terroristic threats just after two pm at this. Home when authorities, arrived they saw five bodies that were in trash bags In markham's. Yard that's this, guy and they were all. Labeled one that was, hanging said district. Judge there was a rope around the neck of the. Body the citation wrote and it said from left to. Right the four other bodies were labeled mayor S i. S i don't know what that, means C a and zoning. Manager markham informed police that he did not want to speak about the. Decorations he was arrested and then the evidence was transported to the police. Department so he was arrested over His halloween. Decorations this, guy and you're a good. Lawyer, YEAH i don't know if they'll get him on. This like you you can do that kind of, stuff and as terrible as it, is it's usually defended by The First. Amendment by the, way this this is a much Bigger First amendment case than build a. Bear Charlie Kirk just for the, record all.
Speaker 5: RIGHT i don't see the news in that guy's living.
Speaker 4: Room he's he's busy behind bars at the.
Speaker 1: Moment this, GUY i don't even know if he got.
Speaker 2: Out this Was Stephen Stefan stefan maybe Ste p H a And Stefan markham was this, guy and he had these bodies out there in his yard and that is what got him into at least some amount of trouble. Here so we'll see when you think about. This, oh hang, ON i want to see the Actual halloween setup.
Speaker 1: Here they are.
Speaker 2: Arrested over the, weeks have YOU kyz.
Speaker 12: Decorations in his front yard that showed fake bodies labeled with city officials fifty eight year. Olds Stephen markham is facing two, charges including terroristic threatening. Terroristic we're protected by The First amendment for free, speech experts say threatening speech is not. Protected Kyt's Maggie rickerby, explains.
Speaker 4: This is something you just don't see every.
Speaker 2: Day, yeah it sure is there so you see this. Setup it's all trash, bags it Says District judge c Zoning sis and.
Speaker 4: Mayor it's like a mega. Handmaid this is set.
Speaker 6: Up very, dark also quite the. Sturdy what do you call the post that you hang?
Speaker 4: People? Gallows? Yeah is that a?
Speaker 2: Gallows where does one get one of?
Speaker 4: Those that's a little.
Speaker 1: DISTURBING i mean it has to be a custom.
Speaker 4: Build.
Speaker 2: Man it's quite nice the hanging post that this gentleman has used on all of. This But i'm hesitated to, say even if you don't, like this is probably protected under The First.
Speaker 4: Amendment Is halloween?
Speaker 2: Decorations is people dead with job titles on? Them by the, WAY i don't even know if there's anybody's. NAME i don't think there's any a single person's.
Speaker 4: Name on these.
Speaker 1: Things mayor is usually one.
Speaker 2: Person, yeah but the guy could, say, like you don't even know what may Or i'm talking. ABOUT i think this guy's got a wiggle. ROOM i think that this would probably be protected. Speech but we'll see what you. Think people definitely have ratcheted up the intensity on Their halloween, displays no doubt about.
Speaker 1: That we'll take your.
Speaker 2: Thoughts TIPS t ips at The newsjunkie Dot. Com all, RIGHT i talked about Bil. Burr of all, people he was getting some Heat Bill, burr although you know he's had famous run ins with people in the, past including the entire city Of. Philadelphia bilbert usually is pretty free of controversy and stuff like.
Speaker 1: This he has a pretty big fan.
Speaker 2: Base he wins, PEOPLE i think politically on both, sides but he has like all the right political opinions at the end of the. Day so nobody in the time of cancelation and stuff was really chasing After Bill, burr much Like Howard stern or somebody else is able to escape all these things that they've. Done that obviously the people that support them would be very much against that nowadays blackface and all the. Rest But Bill burr took the money from The saudis and went over To Saudi arabia and went with these other, comics AND i saw there was like some photos of them where they were coming, in and The Saudi, arabians like the royal, family gave them this big bouquet of roses each and took like this weird hostage proto with each one of, them and they're, like, hey loo go To Saudi arabia And Bill. Burr you could tell he had been told by his, handlers don't talk about, this don't mention, this but he does that podcast has talked about every once in a, while and.
Speaker 4: He shouted us, Out.
Speaker 1: Yeah he just.
Speaker 2: Eat but he's just by himself on that. Thing he's just he's just yapping by himself on his podcast and nobody's there to hold him. Back SO i feel like his management team was, Like, bill just get past The Saudi arabian. Thing people will forget about. This and he's mad because he's getting a lot of pushback on. That so he ended up addressing it on his. Podcast and then somebody has said online that they went to a stand up show he did And Bill burr was like yelling about it there, too And i'll get to the.
Speaker 5: Story and back in THE, Us i'm, Sure yeah.
Speaker 2: He's, Back, yeah he's back. Now and they said he. Was he was talking about the uproar over. This Bill burr was at the. Event i'll, Tall i'll tell you what they. Said but to all these comedians like this is so this is such a simple. One this is such an easy one to. Win to, me all you have to do is. Go WHEN i think about spreading my comedy and my speech around the, WORLD i happen to think of places that are more repressive as more important spots for me to. Target so WHEN i was invited By Saudi, arabia not exactly a bastion for free, SPEECH i, thought, perhaps even with some, LIMITATIONS i could help them push things further and push, comedy even offensive, comedy into the mainstream in some, way even in a place Like Saudi, arabia WHICH i think would be good for free speech spreading around the. World and oh, Yeah i'm not here to ignore. IT i did get a nice hefty paycheck for doing, so but it wasn't what people. Thought AND i thought it was a way to move the ball down the, field even if it was only five, yards for free speech and for the reduction of repression In Saudi, ARABIA i wanted to move at that five. Yards you're gonna win like, That people will, Go, OKAY i got, IT i get it all. Right they took the paycheck into this, up but nobody wants to do it that. Way AND i guess this If i'm to believe this person they. Said we walked out of yesterday's live show With Bill. BURR i was really interested where When bill was revealed as a surprise guest on this.
Speaker 1: Show he's a smart.
Speaker 2: Guy i've always enjoyed his contrarian, takes AND i was curious how he'd respond to all the flack he's been getting for the Riad Saudi Arabia Comedy. Fest, instead he went on a bizarre rant about how he did such an incredible act of good by doing this, festival and anybody upset at him as a moron who doesn't know Where Saudi arabia is on a, map there might be some truth to, that not gonna lie and must think everybody there is a mashety wielding people beheading psychopath because they've never actually been to a country like he now. Has we couldn't believe how self righteous he was about it, all talking about how because he went and performed comedy, there he helped advance the people over there to be closer to where we're. At, Oh Bill burr took the.
Speaker 4: Advice he, said he's now able to see The saudis are people just like us because they like the same, jokes that his critics are just, bots and the only way to make money is money is to troll and outrage.
Speaker 1: People no acknowledgment of.
Speaker 2: The fact that this was a government sponsored event thrown as a tool for propaganda to whitewash one of the most repressive regimes out.
Speaker 1: There he goes on and on to.
Speaker 2: Say, this and he GOES i Guess codin O'Brien was the podcast That Bill burr was.
Speaker 1: On and this person was.
Speaker 4: LIKE i am. Leaving this was a live.
Speaker 2: Podcast, yeah, yeah like they did a live event with you, know like a, taping and it says it seemed like the crowd was pretty split on. Things it seemed like it was the wrong guest to have on as a surprise for a live. SHOW i WILL i will take eye of the beholder. There, yeah excited to See Bill burr as a surprise.
Speaker 4: GUEST i will.
Speaker 2: Take that and pick it apart like this all, right to whoever whoever posted. This if there is an audience of one hundred, people precisely like four of them would care about this issue at.
Speaker 4: All most of them will be, LIKE i know This bill burg. Guy he's.
Speaker 1: Funny The Saudi arabia.
Speaker 2: Stuff, NOW i don't know about that Because i'm busy feeding my, family, right, Like i'm living my. Life i'm not necessarily engaging in all of this level of. Court normal people probably aren't super caught up in this whole. Thing but this guy says he walked. Out he Said bilberr was throwing a. Tantrum maybe he. WAS i wasn't. THERE i don't know how it all went, over BUT i audio of.
Speaker 4: It a news, junkies thank, You, Bilbert thank.
Speaker 1: You it's very sweet of.
Speaker 5: You he's still going to cash that check.
Speaker 2: Probably, yeah they all made some monies and they moved. Back people will forget about this in five seconds and they'll be on to the next thing real. Quick let's get to an email somebody sent and they said on the air traffic controllers because there's a problem across the country with air traffic. Controllers government, shutdown all these different things we talked about at the beginning of the. Show this person lethal, says maybe they're fed up with pilots being on their air pads or iPads instead of listening to their. Instructions maybe that's why they didn't show.
Speaker 4: Up that that's a very, specific very specific. Case But darren, says the structure.
Speaker 2: You guys are seeing in This halloween display is a hoist used for thing engines out of, cars et. Cetera that's what you are looking. At one more From, Dallas. Texas hey NEWS junki my name Is, jacob And jacob, says this Past, SATURDAY i went out with some friends at night and got my four hundred dollars chain. Snatched we were all robbed and gunned down by multiple young guys around my age twenty. One when you say gunned, DOWN i think you're using that differently THAN i. Am, like gunned down to me means like like somebody was shooting or. Something BUT i don't know if he means. That maybe he got shot at young guys my age at The Dallas Skyline Trinity.
Speaker 1: Bridge he said this.
Speaker 2: HAPPENED i called nine one, one but the operator seemed like it was a normal. Occurrence she acted with no, Urgency SO i hung up on her BECAUSE i felt like she didn't care that we were gunned.
Speaker 5: Down, okay keeps saying gun? Down was someone?
Speaker 2: Shot, uh maybe there's a there is a story attached to.
Speaker 1: This i'll look at a.
Speaker 2: SECOND i would just let you know that the crime rate has been. Insane, Oh fed's Incoming. Dallas fed's. Incoming maybe you need help over. There this has ten people killed over the weekend In Dallas Fort, worth maybe one of the most deadly weekends in. Months there's a lot of downtown areas with the same. Problem there's a lot of downtown areas with the same. PROBLEM i will say WHAT i always say about. This this is an issue where it's local, officials sometimes law, enforcement most notably local, officials who are refusing to enforce the. Laws we don't need new, laws we don't need anything. Crazy we just need them to enforce the laws that are on the. Books that's why the big secret is IN. Dc since THE feds have been in there and the local police have been happily working with The feds IN, dc the crime rate has shrunk IN. Dc neighborhoods that were in disrepair have been fixed by people going around picking up all the trash that was there all the. Time it's a better living experience for. Everybody, unironically my mind is blown all the time by the people who will look at something like that and somehow find a way to, say like orange man still, Batter like that's. Good we want the neighborhoods to be safe for the poor people in particular that can't afford the security and all the new fangled protections that you might.
Speaker 1: HAVE i think that's.
Speaker 2: BETTER i think If dallas needs some, help who, knows maybe you're next on the. List we'll see when we come back we hear from, you send us a. Dispatch go over to thenewsjunkie dot. Com all, right, oh we'll get to those. Dispatches we'll get to your. Emails we got the next episode on the. Horizon it's a great share the Show, tuesday so please keep doing, that letting us know how you're sharing the. Show we got a lot on the way and it's coming up next in the News. Junkie thanks for everybody hanging out with us. Today we appreciate. That one thing we can kind of do for, you at least little. BIT i mean this with all the sincerity in the, world is when you're listening to this, show listening to this, station and you hear these opportunities to text in or to put in a? Keyword are they doing the keyword on the? Website? Still is that what it? Is i'm, Sorry i'm bad at, this but the keyword on the website THING i would encourage, you As i've said, before to do. That when you hear the, keyword go to the website put the keyword. In we literally have people winning thousands of dollars and there's fewer people playing than you would. Imagine like you're going to go tonight and spend money on a lottery ticket or. Something this would be like an, easy pasy way if you're listening to the show, anyways for you to get a decent shot at a nice little chunk of. Money and if you think that would be a thing to help your week, out go for it and listen for the next keyword and.
Speaker 1: Participate and it costs. Nothing it doesn't cost you.
Speaker 2: Anything all you have to do is answer your phone after you participate so you know you're not missing the, call because that woof would really piss you. Off i'm sure if you missed. It this person and says the tips of the news junkie dot. Com my wife AND i started to watch that New netflix show about ed ed gean he's talking about and he eats a certain kind of food in episode, one AND i got super hungry for.
Speaker 1: That is that?
Speaker 4: Weird?
Speaker 2: No if you watch that, SHOW i don't know what he was it.
Speaker 6: Was weird to eat food that was not feature in the, show but as some certain scenes were happening Where i'm, like.
Speaker 2: What eating and Watching faces Of death canned pork and? Beans, okay all, right, YEAH i MEAN i like some canned pork and.
Speaker 1: Beans this is what he eats it out. Of that's very.
Speaker 2: Disturbing, oh there's a particular. BOWL i think that this. Season according, afterwards was, like, man that THAT i was such brilliant acting from that. Guy he did such a great. Job we've been we started it last night.
Speaker 4: And you're in for a. Treat you're not Even ashley Was it's so. Gross ashley was disappointed because she thought it was going to be a documentary and she didn't realize that it was The monster series and that it was a. Dramatization BUT i think she'll get over. That but one of the THINGS i think she wasn't expecting because it's not a documentary is he's got that voice thing going, on and it brought.
Speaker 1: Me it brought me back To.
Speaker 4: NO i don't know, everybody.
Speaker 1: No but there was that other series we.
Speaker 4: Watched it was a limited series and it starred us really a good. Actor it's kind of a tubby. Guy he played a serial killer and somebody was trying to get him to make friends with him in, prison to get him to admit to other killings that he.
Speaker 6: Did like, THIS i know exactly as the guy who also manager The atlanta.
Speaker 4: Bomber he, Played he played The atlanta the hold On Richard.
Speaker 1: Jewell actor is the guy you're talking? About who?
Speaker 3: Is?
Speaker 6: It was the guy who played In Peter, houser The Jason bateman movie on THE tsa.
Speaker 2: Stuff, Yeah, yeah he's. Good that guy's a fantastic. Actor there's great acting in this. Too The Ed gaen thing On netflix has great. Acting but according afterwards, like, oh you, KNOW i almost feel sorry for, Him.
Speaker 4: And i'm, like you can't feel sorry for this. Guy he's a.
Speaker 2: Monster, okay you can't have a guess an brand, GONE i don't.
Speaker 4: Care he's still a.
Speaker 2: Monster, afterwards we do this, thing documentaries and these shows do this thing where people, go, well it really did highlight the flaws of this, injury And i'm, like.
Speaker 4: He was having sex with. Corpses, everybody have we gone? Mad he's a bad.
Speaker 2: Guy, oh sometimes SOMETIMES i don't. Know but she loved. That she thought the acting was was. Great she's right about. That the acting was, very very good in, them let's, See tim says To tips.
Speaker 1: To the News junkie dot.
Speaker 2: Com as for The National guard going into some of these, cities it's okay to send help into a, city but not Our National.
Speaker 1: Guard it's a military.
Speaker 2: Institution we don't need military in our, cities especially picking up, trash Says. Tim the WAY i feel about this is if you're trying to get federal work, done like let's say you have final deportation notices for people in the country illegally who are are, criminals and the cities are not allowing you to enforce that federal. Law if you need to bring in The National guard to allow yourself to do, that The feds should have the authority to do. That, okay these cities not cooperating and doing some of the stuff like you see In chicago is dumb and just creating way more chaos than it's.
Speaker 1: Worth it's just.
Speaker 2: Bad, however when it comes to the general topic of cities just kind of turning to, CRAP i tend to have at least some faith in people that other Than San, francisco and save for a couple other, cities people seem to get tired.
Speaker 1: Of it after a.
Speaker 2: While get tired of the hobo tents, Everywhere they get tired of the open drug. Used they get tired of these lawless nights where people are smashing everything and we're, letting you, know masked men larp in the middle of the night as anarchists or.
Speaker 1: Whatever they get tired of all of.
Speaker 2: It AND i think, eventually eventually many of them may get tired enough to vote in another, direction AND i think that might be a corrector over. Time SO i tend to want these problems to be fixed, locally but some of these cities just seem okay with just making things worse for. Everybody why do we need elevated crime levels in the name of like not having as many people in, Jail because that's like some great social justice.
Speaker 1: Win that's.
Speaker 2: Stupid the win is to make people feel. Safe the win is to make your city. Better we have the resources to do, it AND i think the local law enforcement in these cities should do.
Speaker 4: It it's a much worse version of hanging out diplomas just to your school doesn't have THAT f.
Speaker 2: Grade, Now, yeah that happens a lot and in cities where they finally take this for.
Speaker 4: Real Oh, GOD i don't want to screw.
Speaker 2: This Upe, like can you look this up in fact check me in real time as we are wont to do Here mississippi reading. SCORES i Think mississippi finally had enough of this nonsense in schools where the kids can't, read the kids can't, write the kids can't do. Math they're getting dumber and dumber and dumber and dumber and. Dumber about ten years, Ago mississippi said.
Speaker 4: The way we teach now is.
Speaker 2: Stupid we had a bunch of activists work their way into the teaching system and say phonic based teaching was a bad. Idea for some, Reason we're not equitable enough or whatever the excuse. Was and they changed the way we did, reading, writing.
Speaker 1: Arithmetic and all of these.
Speaker 2: Things and the kids got noticeably, dumber and they get, dumber and they get, dumber AND covid made them a little bit. Dumber AND i think it Was mississippi said enough's, enough and they changed these lesson plans up and their reading scores have gone on through the roof.
Speaker 1: As a result of. This AM i right About mississippi or?
Speaker 4: WRONG i don't even know what i'd be looking. For look Up mississippi reading scores that bring up anything for. You it just says the reading scores have seen significant improvements in recent, years with twenty twenty Four National assessment Of Educational progress results showing the state's fourth grade students performing above the national.
Speaker 1: Average the one.
Speaker 2: That the story THAT i saw was they were almost last on the, list almost last on the. List AND i believe it Was mississippi where this, happened and the kids weren't learning. Anything it was just an absolute catastrophe that was, unfolding and they decided to change it up and go back to phonics based.
Speaker 1: Learning and now.
Speaker 2: They went from like at the bottom of the list to way up towards the top in just like ten. Years that's a twenty Thirteen Literacy Based Promotion. Act, yeah it was focused on the science of, reading teacher, training intensive student, interventions and test based promotion policy requiring third grade reading proficiency for. Advancement and this personally basically they're telling these, kids, hey you're not going to get to the next grade if you can't.
Speaker 4: Read.
Speaker 2: Right they started holding kids back. Again they started holding kids back a grade like they used. To they started doing phonics bance. TEACHING i was so terrified of being held back a. Grade i'd, Like i'd never had really bad grades or. Anything it was just like there was a spot on your report card that said promoted to the next, grade AND i was, like.
Speaker 5: Oh are they going to fill it?
Speaker 4: Out what if they didn't check that? Part BECAUSE i knew like one or two kids who had been held. Back what if they, Did that's. Scary, Yeah like, obviously you know you should. Know you shouldn't be surprised when you get held.
Speaker 5: Back, yeah BUT i.
Speaker 6: DON'T i feel like if we were anything over third, grade the kids that got held back went to another. School all the kids that were in your grade that were much, older they got held back a pre k.
Speaker 4: KINDERGARTEN i, REMEMBER i remember kids getting held back like all like.
Speaker 5: Recess, yeah there was like not not grade anymore, now.
Speaker 2: Seel AND i THINK i may have made a. MISTAKE i think it's Maybe missouri and Not. Mississippi i'll see IF i can Find missouri. Scores but The i'm getting all sports. Stuff of, course student. Scores student scores On missouri standard tests. Remain now this is below pre. Pandemic it was one of the. States i'll find it at some, point and they went from like at the tail end of the rankings to just, massive massive improvements across the. Board this is Why missouri's growth model is.
Speaker 1: The best in the.
Speaker 2: COUNTRY i will find out what it is And i'll tell you What i'm talking, about because that's.
Speaker 4: Great the series On APPLE Tv plus it was Called. Blackbird that was the one Where Paul Hauser Paul Walter HAUSER i think was his full, name he played the serial.
Speaker 1: Killer they had device that was, like this is very, creepy and, yeah after we watched, IT i would talk.
Speaker 4: To about wife this because she really really didn't like. It uh did did? You was that was that same guy not in Mind?
Speaker 2: Hunter you guys remember Mind, hunter right when they were going around like the serial. Killers, yeah and then there's like the big guy who was interested in shoes from the women that he would they would.
Speaker 1: Kill was that not the?
Speaker 4: Same might not have been the. SAME i don't.
Speaker 1: KNOW i don't THINK i watched Mine.
Speaker 4: Hunter that guy plays so many weird characters like. That, yeah he did so good As Richard jewel being THIS i, mean it's weird to like compliment you on something like, this but like you did such a good job playing a total, loser just a total loner loser that nobody.
Speaker 2: Likes, yeah, okay we got to a quick, break quick break here when we come back the next episode With. Sabrina what's coming up on the next?
Speaker 6: Episode what's coming up on the next. Step, oh turns out While trump was solving the football, problem he was throwing a big n o at a diddy Pardon mario And paddington creators are really really, mad and all the creative prompt writers all up on the internet.
Speaker 5: Lately plus you'll.
Speaker 6: Never guess what very OLD af celebrity thinks his death would be a Huge.
Speaker 5: Lol all that so much more coming up on the next.
Speaker 18: Episode and that is coming up next in the news chunkkie real.
Speaker 2: Quick before the next.
Speaker 4: Episode it Was mississippi THAT i was talking about.
Speaker 2: And That literacy Based Promotion act That selan. Mentioned they went from forty ninth in the country forty ninth to the fourth grade, ranking went to twenty ninth in twenty, nineteen and THEN i think went up into number one in the. Nation better they Went they went from almost last forty ninth, place and phonics and reading in the state Of mississippi almost last place forty ninth place to number one in the nation because of those. Changes that's. Huge that's something all the other places you learn. From so there you, go Was. Mississippi all, right let's get into. It let's do the next episode because there's a lot.
Speaker 16: ON tv and you can't possibly keep up with all of, it even though you, should because what else are you gonna talk.
Speaker 1: About i've done some things To bolgoney that aren't.
Speaker 4: Normal weather's. Nice it's time for the next episode With.
Speaker 2: Sabrina, hey, smoke.
Speaker 4: Hold hold up is.
Speaker 6: Right if you are looking to, refinance start buy your first dream, home do some, deconsolidation maybe started business or expand that. Business work with a person who brings you a better. Life but also the next, episode and that's that mortgage. Guy don start the process today by going to that mortgage guy don dot.
Speaker 5: Com do miss The voca.
Speaker 6: Dot com twenty two years, ago two thousand and.
Speaker 4: Three this guy right, Here.
Speaker 8: Arnold.
Speaker 6: Schwarzenegger that is, correct and he was elected on this day as governor Of california special recall election or Remove Governor Gray davis from. Office he won by landslide and took office On november. Seventeen Hey mac.
Speaker 1: Classic that is a disturbing.
Speaker 5: Cover there's plenty more where that came. From thank YOU.
Speaker 6: Ai this person doesn't know how to USE, ai but is hoping that they don't. Die If i'm gonna ryme At Dick Van, Dyke.
Speaker 4: Oh, yeah he's still with.
Speaker 19: Us.
Speaker 5: Huh ninety nine years. Old he's been on everyone.
Speaker 4: Hoping that's not gonna.
Speaker 6: Happen deadpool is NOT i, mean you tell, me you interp what he. Sang at ninety nine years, old he is saying what they call lighthearted about his own. Mortality is turning one hundred On december, thirteenth and during a fan event over the, weekend he, joked AND i, quote it'd be funny IF i didn't make.
Speaker 4: It what a dark thing to, say, Right.
Speaker 1: Nine people in their nineties say that.
Speaker 6: Though still, Breathing he, ADDED i brack sometimes about HOW i made it to one. Hundred and the truth, is IF i had KNOWN i was going to live this, LONG i would have taken better care of. Myself who Ish and it's frustrating BECAUSE i don't know WHAT i did right other than my. WIFE i didn't do anything. Right, yeah him and his Wife, arlene have been married since think about this twenty.
Speaker 4: Twelve she is fifty four years.
Speaker 8: Old.
Speaker 2: Damn she was fairly young compared to. Him yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: No he is much older than.
Speaker 6: Her BUT i guess according To, dick she'll be a single lady before the end of the, year someone who is no longer here on. Earth if you are super into this, show right, here family guy is, right and according to the cartoons, Creators ernie is definitely.
Speaker 1: Dead, ernie Who's?
Speaker 5: Ernie Who's?
Speaker 4: ERNIE a? Burden? Ernie that's That's Esame. Street see the creepy old man is a, Name it's not.
Speaker 5: Him ernie is The Giant, chicken.
Speaker 6: And The chicken is definitely. Dead glad this is coming out. NOW i do not. Know it first appeared in season one of the, show part of an ongoing joke THAT i will be honest a little. Transparent is it a hot? Take sometimes the scenes went on too.
Speaker 5: Long well.
Speaker 1: For them to go on too, LONG i, know but it's just.
Speaker 4: Like, okay, yeah so.
Speaker 5: Funny but.
Speaker 6: Now questions over the character's future were asked after a episode season twenty three Of The chicken or The, meg Where meg begins Dating ernie's Son.
Speaker 5: NUGGETS i don't want to spoil it all for.
Speaker 6: You and now the creator has, said guess what chicken?
Speaker 5: Done be?
Speaker 4: Dead? All didn't they chicken Fight trump do or something like.
Speaker 2: That the chicken has fought in a lot of scenes on that. SHOW i don't follow it super, closely BUT i do remember many with the chicken.
Speaker 6: Fighting and when he's not fighting chickens or fixing, Football trump is putting a big fat d for Denying diddy is.
Speaker 5: Pardon oh.
Speaker 4: Damn he has revealed.
Speaker 6: That Sean Ditty combs reached out to ask for a. Pardon he also said that he still Calls ditty by Puff daddy because.
Speaker 5: That's WHAT i. Know MISS i didn't know he changed his.
Speaker 6: Name he was fielding questions about CNN's Caitlyn collins about whether or not he'd Pardon Delaine, maxwell and then he imagine, mentioned excuse, me did he had recently asked him for a pardon as?
Speaker 5: Well i'm guessing he said a no to.
Speaker 2: Both did you hear The Gallaine maxwell? Clip i'll play it, later but it sounded like he. Didn't trump didn't even know who she.
Speaker 4: Was i'm, like how can they not pictured.
Speaker 2: TOGETHER i don't, know MAYBE I i you, know obviously The epstein thing is something that he's wanted to get away from it to some. Extent but LIKE i thought he at least would know that because they just went and Interviewed Gallaine. Maxwell, yeah like they just went and talked to. Her but he acted, Like i'll play it that.
Speaker 6: Later and then he said Puff daddy gets, uh, no pardon is a puff pardon list daddy at this. Point but if there's anything that will bring the country, together obviously it's another reboot of.
Speaker 3: This so.
Speaker 6: They, watched they, watches, right was it my slow running into my?
Speaker 4: SEAT i think? So they.
Speaker 6: Say fox has announced a new version of Bay watch that will premiere during the twenty twenty six twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 4: Season, yes nice waiting for.
Speaker 6: That they're promising to AND i, quote bring The California dream to a whole new generation of fans with fresh, stories rising stars of the spectacle that Makes baywatch a global. Sensation all, right just so many years, later it'll be all the adrenaline fueled, rescues tangled, relationships complicated, chemistry beachside her roots and uh an entirely new. Cast SO i can't wait for that. Question did they not try this? Already three?
Speaker 1: Times?
Speaker 4: Uh did not do? WELL i never even watched the. Original, YEAH i don't watched the original.
Speaker 6: Because it's on one bar and ONE tv all the. Time and then you See Jason momoa used to be on that when he was a tiny TEENAGE i really like that. Guy you don't like that.
Speaker 1: GUY i don't know IF i like him or.
Speaker 2: NOT i don't know That i've watched much much stuff With Jason momoa and it, LIKE i didn't watch The aquaman.
Speaker 4: Thing, okay you know That Apple show AND i AND i don't THINK i watched.
Speaker 1: THAT i think we tried The Apple.
Speaker 4: Show it was a little.
Speaker 5: Weird four doesn't?
Speaker 8: Word?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah? Uh do you Like Cyndy? LAUPER i? Do, Okay, well then guess. What she has just announced.
Speaker 6: A residency and you guessed At Las. Vegas it's going to be in twenty twenty six At Caesar's palace From april twenty fourth Through may second. Five hold, dates everybody your tickets, now take a, short well very. Short we'll go On saleesday, Tomorrow october, eighth and they also be available on a pre sale or a pre pre sale or fan club, sale and let's be, honest you probably won't be able to get, them but congratulations to the folks that do seem.
Speaker 1: ATTAINABLE i don't Know Sidney, lapper is she Still.
Speaker 5: It's only five?
Speaker 2: Days, yeah she just she just did a big concert that was ON. TV i don't know, why but this week The age concert it might have.
Speaker 5: BEEN i don't.
Speaker 4: KNOW i was just SAY i was at a bar and on the one of.
Speaker 2: The big screens there Was Cydney lapper singing The goonies are Good, enough AND i was, like she's, Great.
Speaker 5: The goonies are good.
Speaker 2: Enough.
Speaker 6: Goonies we Have The, Voice murder in A Small town On, Fox High potential ON, abc On brand With Jimmy, Fallon Ozzie No escape From now On Phaaramount, plus and you can Catch Jennifer Taco Lopez Wait Taco Kisses lopez On, fallon follow Her dreams Of me On instagram At sabrina And bro most, importantly stayed with Me.
Speaker 4: America smokeyed every.
Speaker 2: Day thank, You. SABRINA i thought THE i thought the first two were together for a. SECOND i was, like, man the voice is really out of gas over. There they're doing the Voice murder in a Small? Town is this themed season of this show like Murder mystery Sing? Along it brings me back to in The bachelor? World did the?
Speaker 20: Listen?
Speaker 2: YEAH i guess those are two separate. Things we still have to get. Into The Mark sanchez, stabbing the new details in, that what's going on In. Chicago i'll give you that audio Of trump speaking in The White house about pardons yesterday because there were some interesting things in. THAT a teacher in trouble and snapchats about the costume money and. All that's just coming up in the next hour on the, show and so much. More it's coming up next and the News, junkie.
Speaker 1: A couple of things to hit on real.
Speaker 2: Quick all, Right, one all the, drama big, drama big drama over the Super bowl halftime. Performance we are not really close to, that but you, know, regardless us more time to argue over.
Speaker 1: It that's, right, baby Super.
Speaker 2: Bowl n Spennyol what are we talking about? HERE i thought this Was america and now we have an update on. This And Bad bunny has said he's going to Bring drake to The Super, bowl AND i, thought, okay that's kind of interesting Considering Kendrick lamar. Enemy, Yeah Kendrick lamar did it last. Year he's A, canadian so you, know there you. Go but, STILL i think you're gonna win over some. People he'll be, like all, right, okay, okay, OKAY i know.
Speaker 5: He doesn't speak Any, spanish.
Speaker 2: So who else do you? Got so they'll Have Bad, bunny they'll Have drake.
Speaker 20: Still.
Speaker 4: Together they do have a song.
Speaker 2: TOGETHER i guess M I a is what it says in the paper in front of.
Speaker 4: Me but the, yeah the.
Speaker 2: Little, Accent, no M I A a track.
Speaker 5: That it has an accent on me is What i'm.
Speaker 2: Saying, okay, uh all. RIGHT a track that Showcased Bad bunny's ability to have wide mainstream appeal in twenty, eighteen that was. Dropped drake And Bad bunny have worked together. Before Bad bunny was in The Super bowl halftime show before a lot of people forgot, this but all. Right he was in the world With Jennifer, lopez was one with her about six years ago or. Something shakira wasn't the one Where shakira did that weird. Noise yeah she did. That, yeah whatever that. Means SO i think that might win some people. Over Maybe Bad bunny can surround himself with a bunch of other. People maybe you could Bring creed out. There that will really solve the.
Speaker 4: World do you really want to See creed of The Super?
Speaker 1: BOWL i Like, CREED i don't like.
Speaker 4: TOO i don't Think creative performed the halftime show THAT i can.
Speaker 1: Recall it hasn't been a national.
Speaker 2: LAN i think the last band you might call a rock band would have been Probably maroon, five which was a while ago, Now BUT i didn't even THINK i would really call them a rock.
Speaker 4: Band creed did The thanksgiving halftime, Show, okay all?
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, YEAH i MEAN i just know that some of their songs have had a resurgence and that could be, big BUT i would understand that they didn't want to do. THAT i Think Bad bunny should really try to find common ground here and SAY i get it if some of you don't know WHO i, am and maybe we can bring out some people that you do know alongside, me and it could be like a cavalcade of, stars some you, like some you don't. Like you learned something. NEW i don't know if he's interested in bridge. Building it didn't seem like it necessarily ON. Snl, yeah they have four months to Learn. Spanish BUT i don't know if you're gonna be doing. That so what you think does that make you more likely to tune?
Speaker 1: In do let us?
Speaker 2: Know send us a dispatcher and email to tips T. I.
Speaker 1: P S at The News junkie dot.
Speaker 4: Com, unfortunately there are some people who are probably in the camp who Go the only PERSON i care less about Than Bad bunny Is, drake you think?
Speaker 16: So?
Speaker 14: YEAH i, mean, like, uh.
Speaker 2: The song that they have, together the AM i a song or?
Speaker 6: Whatever so it's, me AM. I. YEAH i don't know WHY i heard. It that's WHY i, said AM I for some, REASON i, said.
Speaker 4: And then you said to, me it's on, me and THEN i.
Speaker 5: Was, like, okay all, RIGHT i take you.
Speaker 4: Back this one is this is What? Drake That's drake Speaking.
Speaker 5: Spanish oh, yeah.
Speaker 4: YAY i don't.
Speaker 2: Know that's what Bad bunny.
Speaker 4: Does he's like a single.
Speaker 2: Sound it sounds like break Ai spanish is what it sounds.
Speaker 5: LIKE i Guess february next.
Speaker 2: Year you know how they do the thing where they, like in real, time take somebody's voice and then make it speaking another. Language that's that's what that seems like to. ME i don't, know BUT i think that's interesting to add another, person maybe add some more people WHAT i didn't.
Speaker 1: Like you, know we didn't really talk much about.
Speaker 2: This at the, time but the performance That i've thought has been the worst of the last like ten years was the. Weekend And i'm not taking a shot at him personally, here but it felt kind of like he didn't want to share the spotlight with, anybody and he didn't want to like have another performer on, there and he just kind of did the whole thing. Himself AND i thought that was one of the visorst like there was a cool. Set he was running through this room and there was all this cool like the set was super.
Speaker 4: Cool BUT i like when you, go, oh, oh it's that.
Speaker 2: Person oh you, know people come out and you're excited about the guests and.
Speaker 1: Stuff that personally is What i'm.
Speaker 2: Into this is the MOMENT i was talking about Where trump was in The oval office and the summer reporter, goes what do.
Speaker 4: You think about Partnering Gallai? Maxwell, sir what do you think about Partnering Gleh?
Speaker 2: Maxwell and And trump is like as if he doesn't know who she, is which seems.
Speaker 1: Weird definitely been in pictures with her bro has?
Speaker 16: He?
Speaker 2: Yeah so like and let's, say let's, say let's say no pictures at. All we've been talking about this stuff so much because there was this big run up to the election and then afterwards with The epstein stuff And Gallaie maxwell was Like epstein's right hand.
Speaker 4: Lady AND i just feel like it seems weird that he didn't know. It but there is this three.
Speaker 21: Quarters back and they rejected today and the field By Blaine maxwell's overturned her.
Speaker 6: Conviction there's the only chance of getting out of?
Speaker 3: Prison is a part of?
Speaker 4: Review is that something you're who talking?
Speaker 15: About Billie?
Speaker 4: Maxwell?
Speaker 15: Uh you, KNOW i haven't heard the name and so LONG i can say this That i'd have to take a look at.
Speaker 1: IT i would have to take a.
Speaker 6: Look always talking name so, long everyone's screaming abstained, files which.
Speaker 2: Maybe he thought she said something. Else maybe the way she said, it hold on it sounds a little bit like Like Billy.
Speaker 4: Maxwalls is that something, Here Elaine?
Speaker 6: Maxwell to overturn her conviction at least her only getting at present is a part of?
Speaker 4: Huge is that something?
Speaker 1: Here who are we talking, About Gilaie?
Speaker 4: Maxwell?
Speaker 15: Uh you, KNOW i haven't heard the, name and so LONG i can say this That i'd have to take a look at.
Speaker 4: It he, said so long, though did they reject?
Speaker 7: That what?
Speaker 4: HAPPENED i, say, Well i'll take.
Speaker 1: A look at.
Speaker 2: It so at this, part this is WHY i feel like he doesn't al he's talking, about because he's, like all, right we'll take a look at. It If i'm the only hope for this, Person i'll take a look at it and bring it to. Me and then after the reporter gets him to do all, this she's, like why would you want her to be released because she's on sexual?
Speaker 4: Charges and he's, like, WELL i will speak to THE.
Speaker 1: DJ i wouldn't consider it or not.
Speaker 15: CONSIDERED i don't know anything about, it so But i'll.
Speaker 4: SPEAK i will speak to THE.
Speaker 15: DJ i don't. KNOW i, mean i'd have to speak to THE. Dj i'll look at. It I'LL i have a lot of people who asked me for. PARDONS i call him Puff daddy has asked me for A. Partonckey, YEAH i, Mean i'm going to have to take a look at, it and i'd have to ASK. DJ i didn't know they rejected. IT i didn't know she was even asking for.
Speaker 2: It, frankly this is the first Time i'm hearing. This it feels like one of those.
Speaker 4: Moments But Gallaide, MAXWELL i don't even know why there was any discussion of a.
Speaker 1: Pardon she doesn't deserve a. Pardon there shouldn't be a. Pardon she should stay behind. Bar she's serving twenty. Years twenty years seems like it makes.
Speaker 4: Sense she's the only one who.
Speaker 1: Served any time For.
Speaker 2: Epstein this guy who is like this huge political funder by the, way mostly left leaning political, funder who ended up going into the zeitgeist because he was an abusive weirdo who took advantage of poor young girls In West Palm, Beach florida and area WHERE i grew. UP a lot of the girls who ended up in the mix of this were kind of close to the same age THAT i. Am so it is all around this, time and he's flagrantly did all of this, stuff and she was heavily involved in, it so she shouldn't get. OUT i don't know why we're even. Discussing that should be an easy, no but here we. Are, Regardless let's see what else DID i have for you? Here Oh celan mentioned this during one of the, breaks AND i think it's pretty. Interesting Zelda. Williams you guys might know the. NAME i would hope that you know the Name Zelda williams at least, somewhat because.
Speaker 1: Her father Is Robin. Williams and she has made a.
Speaker 2: Statement and this statement comes in the wake of That sora to update THE ai video, tool which is.
Speaker 4: Crazy if you anything.
Speaker 6: Yet oh it's god VERY i, Mean i'm seeing a lot of stuff that's made mm hmm on. TikTok and THEN i tried to do the same, thing and there are some loops That i'm not aware and hoops that we have to jump through because you can't just for copyright. Stuff you can't just type, Yeah Robin morriam's doing.
Speaker 1: Something, yeah you could it, first you could.
Speaker 8: First.
Speaker 4: Yeah but then they about On, SATURDAY i, think, yeah right.
Speaker 2: Around, there they, said, okay we're going to do some. Updates here's the guardrails we're putting in, place and you can't Make winnie The pooh smoke crack.
Speaker 1: Anymore which is a real.
Speaker 2: Shame that is a, real real. Shame they released it without too many guardrails at. First it's incredibly impressive and, frightening and the idea that the news reports you can.
Speaker 4: Fake the amount of Animals i've seen get pulled over by the police is just it's getting.
Speaker 1: Old uh, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah that was one of the first big trends that we. Had let me, see hold, on.
Speaker 1: There's so.
Speaker 2: MANY i was just toying around to see like what you could get this thing to, say and the news star it.
Speaker 4: Is like here it's breaking.
Speaker 13: News world renowned doctors and physicians have confirmed you, cannot in fact get an infection in your.
Speaker 4: Bootyhole thank.
Speaker 2: You the idea that you can generate the graphics with only you, know there's some some misspellings here that got latest, wrong and some of this stuff is a little bit, off but it's it looks like people like When i'm Showing courtney the things THAT i will, Make she'll, go that's not a person, A, no that's not a person.
Speaker 6: Anywhere i've just to Do carl videos and then very strange looking videos of.
Speaker 5: Myself it's.
Speaker 1: Impressive it is does every.
Speaker 5: Dancing break dancing in a, desert but then my face does something very?
Speaker 4: Scary does everything that you make On sora have to get posted to your feed like? That?
Speaker 5: No it's a draft, only and then thank, god then you decide to post.
Speaker 2: It because all the clips THAT i was, CREATING i was working on a video THAT i abandoned the idea BECAUSE i was, like this Is she's not going to land the WAY i wanted.
Speaker 1: To AND i made a.
Speaker 2: Ton of these videos BECAUSE i think so many people are going to be fooled by these fake news videos that look very legit and can be weaponized by a lot of. People But Zelda, Williams Robin williams, daughter her problem is. Different she, says stop BELIEVING i want to see it or That i'll. Understand she's talking about people sending HER ai videos Of Robin, williams her. Father she, SAYS i don't AND i won't if you're just trying to troll. Me i've seen way. Worse i'll restrict and move.
Speaker 4: On but, please if you've got any, decency just stop doing this to my father and to, me to, everyone even full.
Speaker 1: Stop it's.
Speaker 2: Dumb it's a waste of time and, energy and believe, me it's not what he would, want she, said of all these people SENDING ai stuff over Dad Robin williams to, her WHICH i can't even put myself in that, Seat, LIKE i can't imagine your family member dies and everybody's ai ing them and sending them to, you and.
Speaker 5: It would be.
Speaker 1: Stress it's really really.
Speaker 6: Weird also WITH i don't, know if you have that many, followers you're getting tagged in anything that's, related old, videos any videos of your, Dad, yeah filtered. OUT i, MEAN i appreciate what you're. SAYING i think some people will listen to. It other people are not going to catch that and send her all the.
Speaker 4: Videos, still somebody calls it digital, taxidermy WHICH i, think, LIKE i THINK i, CAN i can get. That digital taxidermy is like you're digitally propping up this dead, person and then to make things, worse you're bringing that to their loved, one their. Daughter and you're, like ear your dad's, back go for. It, well we want to see what you think about what my new app can.
Speaker 22: Do with your.
Speaker 4: Dad, yeah, yeah LOOK i made Them he's alive. Again you're, like, dude this is this is her, father For god's, sake, folks what are you doing?
Speaker 1: Here all?
Speaker 2: RIGHT a couple of emails to get to quick somebody sent it over a center of the. Email it Says mississippi is no. Miracle it's the future of. Education talking about those advances In mississippi, EDUCATION i, mentioned it's pretty. Crazy that's. GREAT i, say good for.
Speaker 16: Them i'm.
Speaker 2: Excited somebody said the kickoff That trump was talking about on THE nfl was changed due TO. CTE i don't know if that's true or, not but they said they had to make it. Safer all, right appreciate. That i'll try to get to some more of these and just a, bit including some of your actual, dispatches BUT i wanted to give you the updates on The Mark sanchez. Thing so to go back real, Quick Mark sanchez was A i, believe AN nfl player who then became and became AN nfl. Commentator and it was actually like one of the big broadcast crews for football on the. Weekends And Mark sanchez was In indianapolis for a game and it was a couple of nights before he was going to do his.
Speaker 1: BROADCAST a night or so before his, broadcast he hit to the.
Speaker 2: STREETS i don't know what he did that, night but he got into an altercation with a. Driver the driver and him are having it out over this parking space and it ends up That Mark sanchez gets, stabbed and the initial reports were, like oh my, god thoughts and. Prayers Mark sanchez's family can't believe he's.
Speaker 4: Trying to pull.
Speaker 2: Through he's in rough shape in the hospital and he's been. Stabbed people were, Like, wow that shows you how dangerous these cities. Are and then very quickly was, like, yeah he might have been, stabbed but he was actually the aggressor in this.
Speaker 1: Situation he was charged with some.
Speaker 2: Misdemeanors then those charges weren't enough apparently when they went back and looked at some security footage and they pushed felony charges against. Him and, now according to the Arrest Affidavid Mark sanchez allegedly approached a box truck that was on a loading dock outside of The Weston. Hotel he confronted the. Driver the ensuing interaction led the driver to, think this guy is going to kill me right. Now he's talking About Mark. Sanchez according to the, Affidavit sanchez allegedly opened the door to the box truck and told the, driver who was exchanging fry oil for the, hotel that he wasn't allowed to be at the loading.
Speaker 1: Dock after the.
Speaker 2: Driver, exited the truck. Cab sanchez then allegedly entered into. It the driver, said you're not allowed in. There of, course get out of my, car, man what are you? Doing The FOX nfl analyst not former yet allegedly got out of the cab and then prevented the driver from re entering to get his phone to call the hotel. Manager at one, point the affidavit, Says sanchez allegedly shoved the, driver leading the driver to use his pepper, spray but as we, know the pepper spray didn't. Work and then the driver said he feared for his life When sanchez continued to approach, him and he pulled out his knife and stabbed him two or three. Times he said so in his version of, this at least and this guy's backstory might be a little, crazy be prepared.
Speaker 4: For that to come. Out but this guy, SAID i didn't have a.
Speaker 1: Choice he was in my.
Speaker 4: Vehicle he wouldn't get out of my. Vehicle, yeah he was attacking. Me if the things he's saying are, accurate it sounded, like you, know this driver was in the right. Here but my biggest concern is why Is Mark sanchez playing hall monitor for the loading?
Speaker 1: Dock at this. HOTEL i don't know if he care if a truck is parked.
Speaker 4: There, yeah and was he. Drunk there's a lot of.
Speaker 1: Questions about, that like was this guy under the influence of?
Speaker 4: Something not sure.
Speaker 2: Exactly what's going, On but we're continuing to get little bits of details about his story And i'll keep bringing them to you for those of you. Interested everybody else when we come. Back snapchat, users get ready to pay. Out get ready to pay some, monies all, right that app may be charging you for the use real. Soon what's going down that is coming up? Next and going to use. Chunkie this is. Distracting it's It's National Taco, day AND i don't usually care about like the national whatever, day but you get free stuff, sometimes you, know AND i can get behind that and national free tacos? There did you really have a son of?
Speaker 4: Them? Bitch that was the one good thing about WHERE i said at the top of the show THAT i WAS i was hungry because the PLACE i usually went to was kind of closed and we had our, meetings so it WAS i, WAS i was off my. Routine but THEN i heard all the way. IN i was, like, oh there's there's a whole thing of taco was going from.
Speaker 16: Who is?
Speaker 4: It From Big?
Speaker 2: Taco From Big. Taco, DAMN i don't know what they're, doing but.
Speaker 6: Tacos and they they served and there was like a whole other box THAT i think people thought was empty and flipped that sound of a gun and brand new tacos fresh really down the.
Speaker 2: Hatchet, Well Taco tuesday is already a, thing but this is Like National Taco, day so there's a ton of free stuff out, there these kind of places or great deals or.
Speaker 4: Just go To Big, taco, man go get some. Stuff you deserve. IT i celebrated.
Speaker 2: Early we had dinner last night and we had steak tacos and it was so so. Good the taco is really underestimated in the world of all food.
Speaker 1: Things it is.
Speaker 4: Glorious you could put almost anything in.
Speaker 2: IT i try.
Speaker 1: THAT i test it out all the.
Speaker 2: TIME i take my low Carb i'm not even on a low carb, diet but the low carb soft taco shells are the. BEST i love. THEM i don't understand what's going on, there but they are. Fantastic And courtney made up some steak tacos last. Night Winter now it'd be weird if we did two days in a. Row but all the places have great deals.
Speaker 4: For today, though since they brought food for iHeart, hq forget about these, folks just go To Big, taco, right, yeah they.
Speaker 1: Brought them to The morning. Show let's see what.
Speaker 2: All?
Speaker 4: RIGHT i thought we.
Speaker 2: WERE i did not want to crap on your on your on your advertisement opportunity, There so let me let me. See they've got At Taco bell one dollar chicken Or Cantina chicken soft. Tacos that's. Okay it's kind of weird that most of these places make use the app, now BUT i guess that's just. Accepted that's what we have to do on it chewis you can get one dollar, tacos one dollar tequila floaters on your.
Speaker 1: Margarita that's.
Speaker 4: Email you can Get Baja.
Speaker 2: Fresh if you order, online you get five dollars off orders a ten dollars. More Most southwest, grilled they're not. Free, well come, on we want some free stuff. HERE i guess you get three tacos for two dollars.
Speaker 1: Each that's not too. Bad is that better or worse than their deal For Pearl Harbor?
Speaker 4: DEAD i don't know that they're kind of hu hush about that Old Pearl Harbor day deal these days after a bit of a run in with. Us But i'll go over now to something totally different to a technology, update and that is about an app Called. Snapchat who on the show still Uses snapchat at?
Speaker 20: All?
Speaker 2: ANYBODY i use it for.
Speaker 6: FILTERS i don't communicate within, it BUT i will use it like because they have great filters, though and Then i'll save that video and send it.
Speaker 5: ELSEWHERE i did see the rumor.
Speaker 6: Of the paintball coming, up So i've been going back in the archives to try to save WHAT i.
Speaker 1: Can that's what you would have to, do BECAUSE i.
Speaker 2: Guess snapchat says they're going to start charging people for storing your old photos and stuff on the, app which is kind of.
Speaker 1: Crazy to, me but that's what they're.
Speaker 2: Doing somebody, says half of my life is on this, app and now they expect us to pay for. It one star reviews in a sense of injustice have dominated the online discussion Since snapchat Said we're putting a price tag on storing your. Data snap announced that it would start charging people if they have more than five gigabytes worth a previously shared images and videos saved as.
Speaker 4: MEMORIES i don't know if a lot of people have that or.
Speaker 6: NOT i don't know if it's in the, day like there's a lot of old stuff of. Us yeah there Like seeline No, beard old.
Speaker 4: Stuff oh, really it's been a long time.
Speaker 2: Now snap has compared his paid storage plans to those provided By apple And google for their, smartphones and you, know this is what.
Speaker 4: Happens Like, gmail you might have a dollar ninety nine or whatever a.
Speaker 2: Month as an alternative for those who don't want to, pay you can download your, memories which spans for some tens of gigabytes of data to your, device and you could save money that. Way everybody's trying to charge a little, bit and now they're saying five gigabytes is absolutely nothing when you have years worth of. Memories Goodbye. Snap they're never going to use the app, again that's what they. Say that's what they. Say i've heard of that about this. Show i'm never going to listen, again that's what they say.
Speaker 1: Sometimes but what will you?
Speaker 4: Do snap?
Speaker 1: Users has got to be some of you out. THERE i think there's a lot of folks.
Speaker 2: Who are younger or maybe just like gen z Er is that went away From, snapchat BECAUSE i Remember sabrina was who told me that they redid snap The snapchat app and it was a, flop, like oh, yeah it was a, bad bad. Update and THEN i think they won people over, again kind of Like domino's or, something and they went back up.
Speaker 6: There the kiddos are still using, it or the teachers that are banging their students still Use MAYBE i.
Speaker 2: Know dylan uses. It he's on still to this. Day dylan Uses. Snapchat, YEAH i believe, so, yeah, yeah because he told. ME i said the other, DAY i was, like, what what what apps are you? Using and he said he has he doesn't USE x Or twitter because he thinks everybody's like miserable on. There totally right about, that by the, Way absolutely good read on his. Part he, Says i'll use Like instagram a little bit or, whatever Use snapchat a little. Bit but his number one app is a football.
Speaker 1: App what DID i?
Speaker 2: Say it was called O, sleeper the sleeper, app WHICH i had never heard of. Before he, said that's the number one app THAT i use is The sleeper. App it's for fantasy football and a bunch of other. THINGS i, said, OKAY i would just keep me in touch sun with all the stuff that the kids are.
Speaker 4: Using does the sleeper app work if my fantasy football team is ON?
Speaker 1: ESPN i don't.
Speaker 16: Know Like ESPN's got to be the behemoth in that, space AND i guess like that's the.
Speaker 4: ONE i remember the year that their their app went down on Opening, Day Opening Football. Sunday Oh, god out at the bars and everybody's frantically trying to refresh their apps and they're, like this is the worst day for this to. Happen, yeah that's bad.
Speaker 2: Timing let's go over to a couple of dispatches real, quick since we haven't worked any of those in. Yet here's your local long guy talking about the, roast which is coming up in twenty three.
Speaker 4: Days just over three. Weeks john And. Sabrina, hey just bought my tickets for the. Roast, man nice, Guys i'm enlisting for a nine.
Speaker 2: Years i'm so.
Speaker 4: Excited man, tang wait to see you.
Speaker 2: Guys thank, you your local long, Guy thank you for grabbing. Those AS i, said they freed up some new spots that they were holding for whatever, reason and now.
Speaker 5: The smack dab in the middle one YET i don't think.
Speaker 2: So they bought some of the. Tickets this will be a sold out. Event but they opened up some tickets that they were holding down and for at least a, WHILE i think they're still. Available there was two tickets like dead center stage looks frigging great on their website like. That yeah still that still the two seats, right and those were not there before those were. Taken we had the doctor phillipsoner release these. Seats so they've released a couple of them so a few more people can squeeze into the.
Speaker 1: Event the News.
Speaker 2: Junkie dot com slash rose but thank you your local on. Guy appreciate. That look forward to seeing you at the. Show here's shark. Bait it, says SO i. Fell oh, no what?
Speaker 3: Happened hey, junkies what's? HAPPENING i just wanted to pick fun of. MYSELF i felt so embarrassed, today WHICH i have not fallen in a long. TIME i was at work AND i was in and out of the freezer refilling the, floor AND i had a cake in my hand AND i hit the sales floor and, MAN i just.
Speaker 5: SLIPPED i hit the ground so hard on my hit them my.
Speaker 4: Butt oh, Man i'm so.
Speaker 3: Sore but the funny part was the cake totally came out of the, container didn't really hit the floor like, inappropriately but it slid like halfway across the.
Speaker 4: Store it was.
Speaker 3: Hilarious but, yeah that was about four forty five this morning and they really hasn't gotten better since.
Speaker 5: Then SO i, thought with, me.
Speaker 4: Thank you saved the, cake then take a saved cake is.
Speaker 2: Good as long as the cake didn't have firm contact with the, ground we are good to. Go we're gonna take a quick break when we come back jury. Duty what's happening In? Chicago we'll give you the latest on that for. Sure what Are chicago police? Doing a teacher in? Trouble yet another one? Here and an update on on that high school track stabbing. Story what's happening with? That wait till you hear this. Update it's crazy and it's coming up next in the News. Junkie we'll get to you your, feedback your, emails your, dispatches all of that good. Stuff lots of people with lots of thoughts throughout the show. TODAY i always like to see. That oh And Grady judd has chimed in on one of the big topics of the. Day so let's see what he has to. Say in, fact let's put that right inside. This here we, go let's do jury. Duty court is now in.
Speaker 10: Session let's put your phone down and pay attention before we call the bailiff over to with your ass your knowing jury.
Speaker 2: Duty with the News Junkie sury duty brought to you by the one the only mode whid of The DeWit Law.
Speaker 1: Firm injured on the, go just CALL mo. Eight that's the. Number eight hundred CALL mo or go to just CALL mo dot.
Speaker 2: Com the bottom line is there's a lot of attorneys out, there and you might even think LIKE i don't need an. Attorney, Sure i'm hurt AND i got an. Accident you have to think about the, future and you have to think about your, family and don't worry about being mean to the insurance. Companies For god's, sake you pay. Them you deserve somebody. Back get yours all? Right eight hundred CALL moo eight hundred CALL moo or go to just CALL mo dot. Com let's see what he's. GOT a grady, Judge Sheriff Grady judd has weighed in on some things that are happening In. CHICAGO i guess with The Police, department AND i guess at some point in, time THE feds were In chicago and there was a call that went out and the call said, basically we've been.
Speaker 1: Surrounded THE fed, said they've been surrounded.
Speaker 2: And these vehicles have pinned us in and we need, help and The Chicago police refuse to.
Speaker 1: Respond that's at least the.
Speaker 2: Allegation and, Well i'll look at it that at a moment, here but let's see What Grady judd says about. This he always gets attention with his. Comments oh, Well I'm Sheriff Grady.
Speaker 4: Judge there he.
Speaker 19: Is i've spent my entire adult life in law, enforcement AND i have never heard of one law enforcement agency not helping another when they call for. Help until this weekend when a chief of patrol where The.
Speaker 23: Chicago Police department instricted the police officers not to run in and help their colleagues who were calling for, help who were under attack by a bunch of people clearly violating the.
Speaker 1: Law that's. Scary that's. Scary give you the antithesis of.
Speaker 19: That we had a single man Resists ice agents and get away from them in our. Community we sent a, helicopter A DRONE k nine and fifty law enforcement officers to surround an area and we found that guy who violently RESISTED.
Speaker 2: Ice So grady jud saying we help over. Here and In chicago they declined to help The National. GUARD i guess and some of the other folks who were out there are THESE ice agents that needed some help at some point in. Time and one THING i see that's popping. Up that's kind of. INTERESTING i hate this is kind of, weird But i'll tie this to The Mark sanchez thing when THIS nfl Commentator Mark sanchez ended up in this stabbing and the whole world was reacting to this and, like oh my, god this guy got.
Speaker 1: Stabbed what happened?
Speaker 2: Here when the beginning of that story was, UNFRILLING i, guess the people In, indianapolis like the mayor and, stuff went out and they threw a bunch of press conferences and they were, like we just want to let you know downtown is.
Speaker 4: Safe everybody is safe and.
Speaker 2: Secure we don't need The National guard of THE, feds just, guys. Please they went out and were making sure that they they know that we have this under control, here and maybe jud is doing the same, thing like, okay we scratch your, back you scratch, ours don't commit our. Territory well maybe he's just saying like he's let down by the idea that they didn't stand up for other.
Speaker 4: Officers there is there more to that. Story, Yeah so they.
Speaker 2: Said border patrol agents were surrounded by protesters following a vehicle ramming attack in The Chicago. Metro so in Downtown, chicago they requested local police, assistants which was reportedly rejected by the top brass of the local police.
Speaker 1: Force it remains.
Speaker 2: Unclear whether the rejection was due to a shortage of officers or a genuine, refusal but, yeah it says they were surrounded by a large crowd of protesters following a ramming incident and they called for some sort of. Backup The National Fraternal order Of police condemned the top leadership of The Chicago police from prohibiting officers from assisting border patrol. Agents AND i guess they had this is the radio transmission and just took him from.
Speaker 7: A thirty ninth place In. Kessie they were saying that they were being surrounded by that large crowd and they were requesting the police were now sending waving off all of the cars heading the thirty ninth places And cassie.
Speaker 2: Were being Given, okay some for all, RIGHT i, said those are the orders being. Given so that seems at least pretty clear that they were, like we got a. Call these people are asking for. Help we're not going to help. Them, HOWEVER i will say THAT i saw. IT i don't know IF i could find this in, time BUT i saw The chicago cop. Yesterday The chicago police went up and he was, saying, like you you can't do.
Speaker 1: This you can't be. Lawless you must follow the.
Speaker 3: Law is this?
Speaker 2: Him hang?
Speaker 16: On is this?
Speaker 1: AFTER i?
Speaker 4: Imagine, yeah.
Speaker 22: Federal agents? Here he is ICE hsi are. Officers they are agents of law.
Speaker 2: Enforcement Is Larry, snelling The Chicago Police department. Superintendent if you box them in with, vehicles it is reasonable for them to believe that they are being.
Speaker 22: Ambushed so why did they send how end in a deadly, situation.
Speaker 4: And it's reasonable for them to use force.
Speaker 1: Based on those.
Speaker 22: Conditions do not box in any law enforcement. Officer you are breaking the law when you.
Speaker 4: Do, that all.
Speaker 2: Right so that's the head of police there In chicago talking about. This seems like a tone, change, maybe but.
Speaker 4: It's also not like taking a side on whether or not they should have helped them. Out it was just telling, people, hey, listen you box these. Prime you box these people, in they could probably shoot you and and it would be within you, know within the.
Speaker 1: Law.
Speaker 2: YEAH i, MEAN i only know so much about what exactly is, happening in particular In, chicago but it seems like on from that traffic on the, scanner like they did know that there was somebody calling for help and law enforcement was calling for, help and they didn't do. Anything ryan on YouTube, says you either believe in states rights or you. Don't you can't believe in states rights when the other side is in, office but believe The fed can do whatever they want when your guy is running. THINGS i don't think that's. True what you have here is something that's not unprecedented in any. Way there has Been ice. Raids there has been before. That it was called before they Were, ice it WAS i and as it's JUST I s by a different.
Speaker 20: Name right.
Speaker 2: Now we have had people removed from this country because they were here illegally for a very very very very law on. Time and The feds have every right and authority when somebody has a removal order against them to go in and get that. Person local law enforcement stopping them is not some form of states'. Rights and you find yourself in a real iffy argument there if you follow that track down the, line.
Speaker 5: Like are they supposed to be showing said? Order AND i am not trying to get an, ARGUMENT i.
Speaker 4: Am acting like just, ASKING i don't, care it's, Fine and.
Speaker 5: Is there supposed to be an?
Speaker 6: Order like BECAUSE i have seen you, know where's the warrant the judicial order do they have in the middle Of that's What i'm.
Speaker 1: ASKING i don't, know ceel and look look. Up IF ice has to show you.
Speaker 2: Something what happens a lot of times is these people like randos will walk up in the deck show me the, Order like you can't as A, RANDO i don't think that person has any right to see like the order that the police are operating. Under but maybe the person who they're the parting might need. THAT i, MEAN i sure they'll have to show that at some point in. Time they're not just flinging these people out via trebuche over the.
Speaker 4: Border it, SAYS i does not always need a warrant to make an, arrest as they have broad statutory authority to make warrantless arrests for immigration. Violations, however to enter a private residence or non public areas of a, workplace they generally need a judicial warrant signed by a judge or voluntary consent from an authorized. Adult they may still use or they may use ruses to gain entry without identifying themselves AS, ice but any such entry will still comply with A Fourth, amendment, Right, YEAH.
Speaker 2: I, mean it's absolutely an issue that has been escalating over the last couple of, weeks in particular in some of these cities that seem resistant to HAVING Ice, already these other officers go in there and do. Anything AND i get why on a local level they would want to do, That but the idea that's like, whoa, no this is state's. Rights you can say get out. Here during The Civil, war do you think that The south could have just Said, nope states.
Speaker 4: Rights get out of.
Speaker 2: Here they can't do anything about, This like, No, obviously the federal govern in the state, government there's a back and forth on how power works between those two. Groups and deporting people is something with absolutely within the purview of the federal. Government AND i don't know why people want to fight so hard on this.
Speaker 1: Issue if you.
Speaker 2: Want to fight on like sending The feds in or The National guarden to fight crime when they don't think that the local police are doing a good enough.
Speaker 1: Job that is fertile ground for all these. Arguments but having.
Speaker 2: Somebody come in and deport, people and you want to get in the, way and you want to like In chicago declaring ice free zones and. Stuff you can't even do half this. Stuff it's not even. Real you can't do that. Stuff The feds have the right to deport people if they have a final order to deport for.
Speaker 4: Them whenever The Civil war is brought, up like maybe about spend a lot lately fifty to sixty percent of the time like you bring up The Civil war or in an argument like, this AND i just think of the guy that talked to us in elementary school and told us it wasn't a civil war because they because there were two different. Countries uh, huh well, yeah, YEAH i MEAN i haven't heard it brought in modern conversations up as much AS i had in the last like ten, Years World war, Three World war, three every day civil. War, YEAH i, MEAN i think people are mad and pissed off about this, stuff and this is, Fine BUT i don't think we're at a point where we're getting to some sort of civil.
Speaker 2: War BUT i, MEAN i, KNOW i know the. Governor i'll try to dig this up. Somewhere, pritzker the governor Of. Chicago it just came out and it was, like this looks like The. Nazis it's like all the rhetoric is insaneoh and over the. Top but that's where we are right.
Speaker 20: Now is this?
Speaker 4: Him hold?
Speaker 1: ON i want to get this in BECAUSE i just mentioned that as.
Speaker 24: Authoritarianism we could have talked about pol pot them talked about authoritarians across. HISTORY i chose SOMETHING i know very. WELL i helped to build a Haul Acast. Museum and WHAT i know is in the early days of The nazi, regime they started slowly but surely taking away people's. Rights and what we're seeing now is the very same. Thing they've gone into cities now with the. Military think about.
Speaker 4: That in your.
Speaker 24: Lifetime have you ever seen anything like that where The president of The United states is sending military or troops dressed as military ice AND cbp in camouflage with automatic weapons into our major. Cities it's, wrong and, indeed especially at a time when it's The president of The United states who's causing the Aem on the, ground we've actually done very well In chicago bringing down, crime addressing the needs of.
Speaker 4: Victims he's the one.
Speaker 2: Take chicago talking about crime like this is funny on some, level BUT i guess this is the back and forth that we. See he, said in the early days of The nazi, regime they started slowly but surely taking away people's. Rights, well if you talk about, ice the people don't.
Speaker 4: Have a right to be in this. Country that's the. Point that's the, idea that's the. Point but there you.
Speaker 2: Go that's what's, happening at least somewhat In. Chicago we'll see what you think about. That if you have, thoughts send them in right. Now to head in a different. Direction we have to talk about when we come. Back something happening over AT cbs and the weirdest. Thing let's take a, sweer. Folks birds have started to do something. Unsettling what does it mean for? Humans this is a weird ass, story but it's real and we'll talk about it because it's coming up. Next and that to use junkie. BIRDS i saw this story AND i was, like, what what is even happening with? This there's a claim that birds throughout The United states Of america have been. Changing they have they have adopted a disturbing habit that could mean devastating implications for human, society which sounds quite. Bad, yeah it's devastating and occasions for human societyf it. Continues are they not coming real that that would be an?
Speaker 1: ISSUE i. Don't i'm not a bird expert by any.
Speaker 5: Meaning, Well i'm here to answer any, questions BUT i do.
Speaker 2: Know that birds are vitally important to the overall planet and our. Ecosystem AND i do know that a lot of birds are cool and beautiful and things are nasty. Looking i've talked many times about we have this big owl at our park that's so.
Speaker 4: BEAUTIFUL i don't. Know it's on the ground all the. TIME i don't know it's.
Speaker 2: Running around the. Ground maybe that's. Normal BUT I i love, them love these. Birds good for. Them but what's happening here is the big. Question researchers have found that birds are abandoning their usual migration patterns with warmer temperatures in their winter habits disrupting their annual. Flights, well delaying their yearly flight south may not sound like a major problem of visiting scientists At Cornell university that seems like a good place warned that it could lead to many bird species dying out in drastically altering.
Speaker 1: Nature, well this is this is some doomerism right.
Speaker 6: Here, yeah are they giving any examples and what birds are going to change humanity as we know it in the next couple of.
Speaker 2: Years because of The National Audubon, society they seem, legit, right they seem LIKE i GUESS i don't know if there are parties an.
Speaker 5: Now The National society or in the same word.
Speaker 2: Yet national Autob On. Society they're suggesting that three and eighty Nine North american bird species will be vulnerable to extinction within the next fifty.
Speaker 4: Years that's a.
Speaker 2: Lot so they don't mention like the specific types or you, know types.
Speaker 4: Of birds Run Autobon.
Speaker 5: Society this is what we have to look out.
Speaker 1: FOR i guess it's bad and this is a. PROBLEM i would.
Speaker 2: Think i'm Just i'm just gonna say here BECAUSE i think this is kind of like a climate change. THING i would think that probably cats to remain the number one enemy of these. BIRDS i would think that cats remain the top problem for all bird. Species every single TIME i hear about the number of birds that cats, kill like AND i mean outside, CATS i.
Speaker 4: THINK i think my roommate's old bird got got met its makers from a. Dog, no not really a dog got Him, jesus but that its wings.
Speaker 5: Clipped obviously the dog could get.
Speaker 1: IT i don't know if you if you clip the.
Speaker 6: Wings there are certain areas and what was it wasn't In australia or a place that we had spoken about that they need the stray cats had overtaken the natural. Bird, yeah the, population but the out of bond society are they thinking that might be the same or you're just given a good guest BECAUSE i don't know if the straight cats are that, prominent especially when it comes to their oh, WINTER i mean the street cats often survive in winter, climates and that's what the.
Speaker 2: Birds what my claim, is if this isn't it probably is because this is where a lot of these articles end up. Going it's like climate change is going to kill off all the birds or whatever new new kind of doomer thing they. Have and my claim is that cats are a way bigger problem outdoor cats are a way bigger problem than anything that they're going to drum up. In, YES i would, agree like this Says, okay, again this is From GOOGLE'S, Ai but this says cats in The United states kill an estimated one to one point three billion to four billion birds every, year with a common median figure being two billion two point four billion.
Speaker 4: Birds what is the percentage of? That, like what does that represent as far as the over population of? Birds are there that many? Birds that's a. Lot look you see What i'm looking at.
Speaker 2: Here this is in The United, states will and cats kill and estimated one point three to four billion birds each, year and The United, KINGDOM i guess they have less. Cats they kill approximately twenty seven million birds each spring and, summer And canada and estimated one three hundred fifty million birds fall victim of cats. Annually cats are responsible for the extinction of at least forty birds species, worldwide and THE us stray and feral cats are responsible for about sixty nine percent of annual.
Speaker 6: Birds that is, crazy, man all, right species definitely quite a.
Speaker 5: Bit it's no three hundred and sixty, Something.
Speaker 2: No but they.
Speaker 1: Don't they're not specific enough about.
Speaker 2: That they're just like if they die, out because they'll struggle to find food when the seasons, Change, like the birds are going to be too confused and they're not going to know where to. Go this doesn't happen to rest of the. CATS i think the cats are one thousand percent obviously a bigger threat than a changing climate to these. Birds, YEAH i think of thousand percent because the numbers are just.
Speaker 4: Insane, now the problem here is what it means for, us because you, know if a bunch of birds die what you, know, what how does that affect? Me when birds die off in mass it quickly impacts the pollination of tropical plants such as bananas.
Speaker 1: And cocow which produces. Chocolate, yes.
Speaker 4: We got enough Bird what are we going to give up? Here they got an.
Speaker 2: Emergences this says there's an estimated seven point two billion birds in The United, states a decrease of twenty nine. Percent it's the nineteen. Seventies it's it's obviously an. ESTIMATE i love when they say that's an. Estimate, yes, indeed it's an. Estimate they do we counted two Three it did not do. That but there's saying that there's been a big decline. Birds i'm sorry it's so tough out there for you right. Now it seems a bit. BRUTE i hate that you have to deal with, that but that's where we find. Ourselves let's see what you got for. Us you can join us with your dispatches or. Emails AND i haven't played too many, dispatches so let me refresh and work in one of.
Speaker 4: These here's.
Speaker 2: Somebody else talking about the Ed Gain netflix, thing that very, dark disturbing show shall be.
Speaker 21: Done, hey, Junkies i'm just curious to get your opinion about what's wrong with my. BRAIN i watched The monsters Ed gaene documentary over the. WEEKEND i was completely, enthralled just Like, courtney on the edge of my, seat could not look. Away but YET i cannot watch scary, movies horror. MOVIES i can't even watch like the trailers For. TERRIFYER i don't know what's wrong with my.
Speaker 2: BRAIN i don't think you're. ALONE i think there's a lot of. People she's not, alone but there's a lot of people who are the opposite of.
Speaker 4: That there are plenty of people who SAY i can watch scary movies BECAUSE i know it's not real and this didn't happen WHEN i watch the things that are.
Speaker 1: Real, yeah that's. True that's what really LIKE i, GO i gotta turn this off.
Speaker 5: Is gain did not have those?
Speaker 2: Apps?
Speaker 4: Well get the.
Speaker 2: Thing the thing that is confusing to me is the this is not Like i'll just say the state the obvious. Here there's obviously a lot of women who are very drawn to content like this true crime, documentaries the Ed gaen.
Speaker 1: Thing there's a lot of women who are drawn to that.
Speaker 2: Stuff yet women are responsible for like a tiny fraction of the violence in not just The United states Of, america but the, World like look at, prisons look at any, look look at any data set you want to find On, planearth women are not a violence. Problem but also in The United, states men are the violence.
Speaker 4: Problems but also you, say, uh women are responsible for a tiny portion of the, violence even tinier of the kind of violence that you're likely to see in these.
Speaker 2: Shows oh, yeah because when there's a female serial, killer we literally usually.
Speaker 4: Know them by name because the.
Speaker 5: Place on the.
Speaker 2: Wood yeahs OR i guess it shows you that there's an interest there that a lot of women in the demographic of women in general tend to like these kind of. Stories they tend to take an interest in these sorts of, things but they don't have a propensity for actual violent attacks like like a lot of guys.
Speaker 1: Do that's just a weird.
Speaker 4: Habit of.
Speaker 2: Humanity whether it's hormones or, WHAT i don't, know but it's definitely an obvious thing if you're just looking.
Speaker 6: At the world to this, dispatcher if you really want to test your what's wrong with?
Speaker 12: Me?
Speaker 4: Uh just posted on WAS Hbo max Or? Prime either? Way Bring Her home was one of he, Wildest, yeah.
Speaker 6: Scariest oh my. God they are really good at the effects kind of films life in a very long.
Speaker 4: Time, yeah that's so.
Speaker 2: Graphic that's from the people behind the the woe with The, hand talk to, Me talk to.
Speaker 1: Me it's from the people behind talk to.
Speaker 4: Me, maybe but oh my, god wait to see that.
Speaker 5: Film you, know it's.
Speaker 2: Weird what's weird to me about? That AND i don't know is that the case with THE ed game? Thing maybe you can answer that a second. Here but what's weird to me is when it's really really dark content like The Bring Her back movie or THE Ed gaen thing and there are kids Acting buddy in those, scenes And i'm, like do they know how we like the Movie terrifier there are kids, acting and Then terrifire.
Speaker 4: MOVIE i kind of get.
Speaker 6: There the first ten minutes Of terrifire. Three we had to come back to that because it was. Awful so What Bring Her back? WAS i, mean it was a good, film but then there's some. Parts there's some scenes where Both nicole AND i were, like, oh my dear, god how is this even? Possible who thought of? It, Yes we're still going to watch the whole.
Speaker 2: Thing but that kid's pretty. Good, oh the kid actor was pretty. Good some of these some of these new actors coming out like. HIM i don't think he had been in too much stuff. Before AND i constantly flashedback to that young kid from adolescence who was just so freaking impressive even though he had never been in a movie.
Speaker 4: Before did you watch To Bring Her back?
Speaker 3: Yet?
Speaker 8: Then?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah the Nice do you know the kitchen? Scene?
Speaker 2: Vaguely?
Speaker 4: GOD i can't.
Speaker 5: Say every TIME i closed my, EYES i can picture it.
Speaker 2: Vividly we watched it right when it came out on, demand and it was like it was a. Lot Even courtney didn't like that. One she liked, it but she didn't like as much as the other.
Speaker 4: One Young jackson has been when he runs through a room in the house has his arms out a little, bit so it looks like the run from rap.
Speaker 1: Weapons.
Speaker 4: Uh ashley points it out every. Time so that's been a fun time for.
Speaker 5: Us i'm an.
Speaker 4: Agent here would be the next horror.
Speaker 8: Kid.
Speaker 2: Yeah remember we had somebody listen to the show that their their kid or their grandkid was involved in that.
Speaker 1: MOVIE i just wonder.
Speaker 2: About like having your, Kids, like would you feel weird ceiling If jackson got some acting role and it was a movie that was a really dark horror movie like.
Speaker 4: That, no as long AS i would be concerned that it would affect him if he didn't understand it or what, What BUT i wouldn't feel weird about. THAT i think they'd be you're going to stab this? Awesome here you.
Speaker 16: Go.
Speaker 2: Yeah the one THING i saw was in The terrifier, movies which we were bringing up here a. Lot they're, really, really really violent horror.
Speaker 4: Movies. Yeah the more you get into, them the more like They're they're not for.
Speaker 2: Everybody, OKAY i wouldn't recommend it for most, people BUT i enjoy, it AND i enjoy the practical. EFFECTS i saw a scene where the main character who is not named The. Terrifier but a lot of people think that when watching these, movies the main mime character Is Art Art art the clown slash. Mind but your art the clown is what the name is that they utilize for this character very, scary very very scary and over the. Top but the actor who physically plays, HIM i saw like behind the scenes and he was sitting down talking to the kid and he's, like, Hey, justino here's what's going to.
Speaker 4: Happen in the.
Speaker 2: Scene and you, Know i'm not here to. Scary it's just.
Speaker 4: Me it's me By.
Speaker 6: LIKE i saw the same thing with The New, it where it's like when they were doing the, scenes he's, like it wasn't that? Fun, guys all, right have fives all around here we go NOW i want to go start to, act do or whatever the hell they.
Speaker 4: Say and it's kind of sweet.
Speaker 5: SET i do appreciate.
Speaker 16: That.
Speaker 6: Now on the other, Hand Steven spielberg Had drew barrymore hysterically, crying thinking.
Speaker 5: That at was, real and that's one of the best performances.
Speaker 4: Of a child about doing? That what do they call it when an actor like really takes everything? Seriously like a method acting for children in scary.
Speaker 6: Movies, yeah ET's real and he's gonna die if you don't save.
Speaker 2: Them, Crew so it's hurt her to this, day probably Miss. Barrymore, okay we want to see what you have for. Us we'll get to your, dispatches your. Comments we've got some more stories to get into before we wrap things up. Today we've got news about a bomb threat that is popping up in headlines all over the.
Speaker 4: Place we've got this naked bike ride that's taking, off and a huge announcement in THE ai. World what does all of this? Mean that is coming up next and going to use junk.
Speaker 2: Kie somebody sent me this body cam footage, ridiculous BUT i don't know IF i could play. It honest to, GOD i haven't gone over this just. Yet when they sent it to, ME i was, Like, Oh courney mentioned this the other, day And i'm sure you guys have probably seen. This there is an incident that happened at This CIRCLE k gas station and a guy this Isn't. Florida the guy is pumping gas and the cops get into like a standoff with, him and the cops thought that the gas pump was a.
Speaker 4: GUN i did.
Speaker 2: HEAR i don't know IF i could play. THIS i don't know if we should risk it or.
Speaker 1: And it sounds like something that would involve. Profanity but.
Speaker 19: Ready to.
Speaker 2: Dump we'll, Try we'll see how far we can get. Here but the cops pull up to This CIRCLE k and the guy who the cops are, approaching he's, like, wait what you THINK i have a? Gun and they're, like, yeah what he said? That AND i from gleaming through the video and glance get the story very. Quickly the BEST i could get was the guy is filling up with the pump and the gas is not working at the pump at This CIRCLE k gas, station so he takes the gas pump out and then he's like trying to show it to the person. Inside he's, like, yo, like, hey help me. OUT i want to fill up my, car and then he goes to put it back, in and perhaps some dummy driving by was, like oh my, god that man is robbing the gas station with a large.
Speaker 6: Gun he's right by the gas pump and has a hose attached to.
Speaker 2: It but, okay it seems like that would be, obvious BUT i guess that it's.
Speaker 1: Not let's let's let's see.
Speaker 4: Here what do you have in your?
Speaker 2: Hands not only is he has to have his hands, up he just dropped whatever else was in his. Hands this guy's, like please don't show, Me please don't shoot. ME i don't have a weapon. Here i'm just trying to fill my key up with. Gas stay in the.
Speaker 4: Car you are a car.
Speaker 3: On your.
Speaker 4: Back he's doing. Everything what are you? Doing you understand you're holding it like this like it's a, pistol, Right.
Speaker 16: NO i was.
Speaker 2: Pump, okay you're only like a.
Speaker 4: Pistol that's how you hold. It you hold the gas. Pump it's got a handle on. IT i could only hold like if you if you had the gas pump. Sideways that's, uh you're like empty out the cash.
Speaker 5: Register that's.
Speaker 6: INSANE i love that he, is, like you understand what you're, doing, Right you're holding it like every other person has held it.
Speaker 4: Forever But i'm just stand.
Speaker 2: By AM i missing a point?
Speaker 24: Here?
Speaker 2: Like is there a way to hold the gas? Pump that seems like it's a? Gun that everything's the same, way, Right.
Speaker 5: Like you're supposed to hold it just with your thumb and index.
Speaker 4: Finger i've never seen a non traditional gas.
Speaker 1: Holding that's the.
Speaker 4: Case the pumping of gas is one of the few things you know that people all do the same. Way the only difference in the way to pump gas really is do they or do they not have that little lax that's gonna hold the thing? Shut?
Speaker 1: Yeah and it is it working? Properly?
Speaker 2: Right so somebody says over on, YouTube i think let's be realized because he was, black says De.
Speaker 1: Rod isn't it a white? Guy is a white?
Speaker 4: Dude that's a black man's turned? On it looks like to the, motoring.
Speaker 1: It's a white, dude is it? Not it looks like a white.
Speaker 4: Guy it looked like a white guy when the when he was the first, time when he was, Like i'm pumping, gas. Man, yeah he's in the.
Speaker 2: Shade so it's really hard to tell because it's like the overhang of the gas station and. STUFF i, MEAN i don't, Know i'm just going about What i'm looking at. Here but the cop pulled up.
Speaker 4: On him and he's, like, whoa, whoa, whoa, buddy you realize like you're holding a it is like it, was and it makes total. Sense he saw the other.
Speaker 2: Cars he's, LIKE i was holding it up to say, like, Hey i'm on this pump right, here WHICH i Think i've probably done.
Speaker 4: BEFORE i THINK i might have done that at some point in. Time says he was holding it gangster. STYLE i don't think you can do. THAT i don't think there's a way to do.
Speaker 1: That maybe it gets into more, details hopefully doesn't curse.
Speaker 4: You, okay.
Speaker 1: CAN i turn?
Speaker 2: Around, hey.
Speaker 4: But you understand you're holding it like this and it looks like a hand thumb.
Speaker 3: Right, no.
Speaker 4: You're the weird one.
Speaker 6: Here, Okay, God i'll, SAY i can't get my head around where this man's.
Speaker 1: From It's.
Speaker 4: FLORIDA i know That Leon. County Where's Leon? County is that down? South, no it's up north. North, okay he's In. Florida.
Speaker 2: Uh and the guy, said he's like very surprised that this cop approached.
Speaker 1: Him it's just so. Stupid kevins Where? Tallahassee Is is it all?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah he's he's being pretty cool considering the, circumstance like the cop almost shot, him For god's, Sake.
Speaker 5: Can you, guys imagine what an idiot.
Speaker 4: It, well it seems DOMB i want to know what this police officer thinks the correct non pistol wave to hold.
Speaker 1: A gas pump, is because it it really just seems like a.
Speaker 6: Challenge anyone who's listening to the show on pumping gas sent a dispatch video of the non pistol way of holding it only.
Speaker 2: Backwards i'm only reversed cow girling my gas now at the.
Speaker 1: Pump i'm only, like.
Speaker 2: Put my hand around backwards and hold it that, way never ever pointed.
Speaker 1: Forwards you're gonna end up like this.
Speaker 5: Dude you have to do two, HANDS i, guess and put it by your.
Speaker 2: Cross it's, dangerous all of, it but still it's better than getting shot by the.
Speaker 1: Cops you don't want.
Speaker 4: That, also he had shot. Him that of very whiskey to have the whole place.
Speaker 2: Explode but, yeah this is A this is a bad place for a. Firefight. Here they've done a good job of not. CURSING i don't know IF.
Speaker 1: I, SHOULD.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 4: It we're, like you, know he's a good.
Speaker 5: Guy edited. It thank you for at least blurring out in a full black block his. License, yeah we can't fleep out that.
Speaker 2: Afterward did you find the story on. This there's no way this guy got charged.
Speaker 4: With, anything, RIGHT i saw it on the.
Speaker 1: News, YEAH i think.
Speaker 2: So there's there's nothing illegal about you just holding a gas pump in your, hand and if there, is we have lost the. Country, friends if we can't pump our gas at the gas station and going, on.
Speaker 6: They are called the cops to begin, with or somebody just driving.
Speaker 2: By, LOOK i don't want to connect two things that probably aren't, connected BUT i wonder if there's some people who possibly possibly in the state Of, florida have heard about all the open carry stuff and they're kind of hyper.
Speaker 4: Vigilant is anybody like carrying around?
Speaker 2: Here and this is the only THING i could think of to make it.
Speaker 4: Which. One, No, NO i haven't have YOU i have.
Speaker 5: Not BUT i did see it down In, miami like the, motorcyclist not in.
Speaker 4: PERSON i didn't see it in, person BUT i did on my way out of The public's overhear a conversation between some ladies who were talking about the open carry and this one lady WHO i don't know THAT i would have saw this in her if IF i had just randomly seen her and not heard her talking about. This but she, GOES i don't want to open. Carry as she, GOES i don't want people to know THAT i can shoot. THEM i want THEM i want to conceal. It and so then if you come at, me guess WHEN i could shoot. You, Wow like that didn't see that.
Speaker 2: Coming that's what she wants to she wants it to be a. Surprise we're gonna take a quick. Break, oh by the, way THE ai. Update there are now apps in CHAT. Gpt they've launched this series of apps that do various. Things booking Dot com has, One, Yeah, Canva. COURSERAH i don't know what that. Is pigma is a thing where if you want it to design a website for, you you can have it made into A pigma and then designers can turn the pigma into an actual. Website, Expedia, spotify And. Zilo you can use them all within chat GPT's. Environments, now did they talk any about The.
Speaker 1: Ligma nothing About.
Speaker 2: Ligma, no nothing About. Ligma mostly on The pigma. Front not going for the newfangled yo mama. Joke but either, way we'll take a quick. Break when we come. Back we're going to do, this the final, dispatches the stories that didn't make the, cut and of course TODAY i learned to wrap everything up for A share The Show.
Speaker 1: Tuesday all of that is coming up next on The news Junk Kie.
Speaker 2: Final dispatches stories that didn't make the, cut and today learned to wrap everything up for A Tuesday share The Show. Tuesday in, fact, oh somebody said they just snagged the last two front row seats for the. ROAST i think there's probably still a couple more, left just based on WHAT i saw. Earlier but if you got the front row, seats that's. Awesome i'm glad to have somebody up close there that's going to really have a good. Time and we got some special, guests we got some people were talking about this.
Speaker 4: This, morning and, yep he.
Speaker 2: Did he grabbed those seats right in front the. Stage there's one one. SEAT i want one of you solo. Folks let's do, this, Baby let's do one of you solo. Folks come out for a fancy night with us and be there for the live taping of The roast Of Sean. Watson The Halloween roast To Shawn Watson october thirtieth At Doctor Phillips Center Judson's. Live we have a couple of, seats which are the ones that they just opened up in the back line at the. Venue there are no bad seats, here but in this corner there's room for a group of like, four and then there's two two tops for some of you couples to pop in here and hang out with us at this upscale event.
Speaker 4: While we have this big filming going. On it's gonna be.
Speaker 1: Me sorry that, Too it's gonna be.
Speaker 4: Me that's.
Speaker 2: No all, Right let's see how much time do we. Have we got, time, right we are a bit of. Time thank, YOU dj though appreciate that very very, much are. You let's get to some final dispatches, here shall?
Speaker 8: We here we.
Speaker 18: Go he's on the final, dispatches But sean will probably only play.
Speaker 20: One maybe.
Speaker 8: What do you?
Speaker 3: Know song?
Speaker 4: Guy you're JUST. Ai, Anyway let's see what we got. Here refreshed to get SO i didn't mean. To it does not hurt by the gone account of THE.
Speaker 2: Ai There's bland in the inbox here with a new dispatch about. Cats let's see what they.
Speaker 9: Say he news junkies calling about the domestic cat bird. Problems i've read a few articles in their supposed research where the domestic cats are actually helping by only being able to catch the, sick the, weak or the. Dumb, oh which technically helps strengthen, right because all those ones are picked off pretty. Easily my cat couldn't catch a bird if it walked in front of it and put it in its. Mouth So i'm kind of leaning towards that being a possibility or at least a silver lining theory and have a good.
Speaker 1: Day we've guys seen the video that was going.
Speaker 4: Around it might BE, ai but it's like of a cat who's like like a LIKE i brought you a present to their owner who was. Sleeping DID i think? So it was like a little little mouse or something that they just dropped and hit him right in the.
Speaker 2: Mouth, yeah well.
Speaker 4: Face the REASON i think IT'S ai is because who sleeps with a uh like some sort of night vision camera pointed at their?
Speaker 1: Face that's?
Speaker 2: True, Yeah, GOD i hate. THAT i hate that you have to question. Everything, now you have to be skeptical in question. Everything i'll see a fun video and HOW i want to believe that the squirrel is flying on top of the air conditioner.
Speaker 4: UNIT i want to believe it is better believe That carl is a rap.
Speaker 1: STAR i do believe.
Speaker 2: THAT i, MEAN i can't live in a world WHERE i don't believe.
Speaker 4: THAT i don't like.
Speaker 5: It he just dropped a new track on My instagram That's saberne and oh, Really.
Speaker 4: Uh is he like an aggressive? Wrapper like he is? Aggressive does he app like?
Speaker 1: This that's so?
Speaker 4: Common? Now the what the? Triplet everything's? Threes wonder through very.
Speaker 5: Quick i'll tell you that Like i'd like him to.
Speaker 4: Pounds a little guy with a big. Heart though big heart our last. One this is about somebody who plays that ed Gain gen's mom in the, series.
Speaker 20: So, Simply jeremy here isn't did anybody else that the mom That gen story is played by the same actress that played the aunt And?
Speaker 4: Roseanne but that Was roseanne's. Sister wasn't sure if anybody else noticed. THAT i noticed it WHEN i looked at the cast, list but WHEN i was actually watching the, SHOW i knew it ahead of time. Too but WHEN i was watching the, SHOW i did not recognize, her which is.
Speaker 5: UH i get her and the lady From austin powers confused all the.
Speaker 4: Time the.
Speaker 2: Uh we got one more, right all, right Dcon, yeah.
Speaker 25: Those decorations not a big. DEAL i remember When Kathy griffin held it to capitated.
Speaker 4: Head Of Donald.
Speaker 1: Trump, right that's WHAT i was.
Speaker 25: Saying obviously she wasn't sentenced or. Anything, yeah a bunch of public, outcry but nothing came of.
Speaker 1: That so, yeah this is.
Speaker 2: NOTHING i mean public, outcry like who? Cares if you do something like, that you're probably going to get some sort of. Reaction but they arrested this guy for His halloween lawn. Decorations seland let's.
Speaker 4: Put that on THE mo. List you a good, LAWYER a good, lawyer and your.
Speaker 2: BEGAN i want to see what most thinks about that when he comes. In this, week The World Naked Bike ride is going to be In. Portland they're fixing all the problems baby by getting.
Speaker 4: Naked and rodding on them.
Speaker 2: Bikes this is a response to the push for A National guard deployment In.
Speaker 1: Portland or again that's what they're up.
Speaker 2: To Taylor swift says she didn't turn down The Super bowl halftime show because of performance footage. Rights she wasn't worried about. That tesla has teased that they have some sort of launch. TODAY i don't know if that's come out or, not and that is going to have to do. It, oh the bomb threat thing was A Los angeles May Karen. Bass there was a bomb threat in her office and people were, LIKE, whoa what the hell's going on? Here this was a last year and it turns out it was one of the employees for the mayor who was. Responsible that former staffer is, now as you, heard former not working for the mayor any.
Speaker 1: Longer let's get.
Speaker 4: The hell out of. Here let's do. TODAY i learned the following information may make you feel, smarter but will not actually increase YOUR.
Speaker 1: Iq so don't get.
Speaker 4: Cocky now it's. Done what we call.
Speaker 2: Today it is, today Learn Fred, Tuesday october, seventh twenty twenty. Five you're gonna get this. TODAY i learned this, Guy.
Speaker 4: Chris chris is.
Speaker 2: Correct ludacris got the opportunity to, act and too. Fast too furious after Jaw rule turned down half a million dollars.
Speaker 4: To, return he, SAID i can't do. It it's not enough money for.
Speaker 2: Me the, Director John singleton said Jaw rule is acting like he was too big to be in the sequel and wouldn't return his. Call so he, Said, Hey, ludacris you interested in doing some, acting and he, said, yeah that was a good call for.
Speaker 1: Him that worked out real well For.
Speaker 2: LUDACRIS i don't know If ludacris was in a bunch of stuff before, that but he's done pretty well in the fastest Series.
Speaker 5: Iami i'm pretty sure was.
Speaker 1: HE i like to see these guys do these crossover. Things it's pretty.
Speaker 2: Impressive and let's see today Learn we're gonna have to switch to the last one because of time.
Speaker 4: TODAY i learned, this lady right, Here Cindy lauper is.
Speaker 2: Correct the Song time After time was named Because Cindy lauper just stumbled upon the title of a sci fi movie Called time After time on A tv. Guide she really liked the title and she used it as a. Placeholder she was going to change it at some point in, time but she, said, NO i like. It released this in the. Eighties it became one of her biggest hits of all. Time it's a mega catchy song and we end on it. Today thank you so.
Speaker 4: Much freaking out with. Us we do appreciate.
Speaker 2: It get the podcast links overthews junkie dot.
Speaker 4: Com well see everybody.
Speaker 3: If you will find me.
Speaker 25: Time off to time of.
Speaker 4: Him if you, FOLLOW i will catch you up. Me you wait time up to. Time if you're, love you can help and you will find it.
Speaker 2: Time out the time of.
Speaker 4: Them if you, FALL i will catch. You want me the way we wait time out the time