Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Five AM six forty handle.
Speaker 3: Here it is a Saturday Morning quick announcement that today from two to five o'clock, Neil Savedra with the Fork Report will be broadcasting in mission via HO at the Wendy's. And this is for pastathon, raising money of course for Katarina's Club, the charity that we support feeding the Kids. And so it's Wendy's and Mission via HO on Alicia Parkway two three zero two two actually, and I will be there inviting you to join both Neil and inviting you to join me at the Wendy's in mission via HO starting at two o'clock.
Speaker 2: Now, let me give you some phone numbers.
Speaker 3: We actually have had phone numbers, but we have lines open eight hundred five two zero one five to three four eight hundred five two zero one nine. I'm sorry one five three four eight hundred five two zero one five three four. You think I know the number by now, I've been only giving it out for over thirty years.
Speaker 2: This is Handle on the law, marginal.
Speaker 3: Legal advice, where I tell you you have no case whatsoever.
Speaker 2: I'm a big fan of Costco.
Speaker 3: And I've often said, and this is true, that Costco is fanatic about the quality of its products. I mean absolutely fanatics. I buy meat there, I buy clothing there. I mean it's good, good stuff. So this lawsuit kind of, you know, took me for a loop, and it's a new lawsuit alleges that some of Costco's Kirkland brand, that's their house brand, Kirkland brand tequila and advertises premium tequila. Well, the lawsuit said, uh ah, not premium. That the tequila brands that Kirkland says its own brand are premium and contain or claim to contain only alcohol distilled from the blue aguave or agave plant, actually includes other lesser quality alcohols. And the lawsuits said that tests found that some of these Kirkland brand tequilas were so adulterated they didn't even qualify as tequila under Mexican law. And you have to have a certain amount of tequila from this plant in order for it to.
Speaker 2: Be called tequila. Well, this is a problem.
Speaker 3: So the claim is of deceptive marketing, duping American consumers and even outrage Mexican aguave farmers because it's their product that is used to produce tequila. Now, Mexican law allows tequila to contain up to forty nine percent of alcohol from non aguave sources like sugar or corn syrup. How however, the part products made from one hundred percent a gave command a much higher price than are sold in the US. And the lawsuit says that Kirkland says it's one hundred percent agave and it turned out, according to their tests and the lawsuit not to be. And that's the scepti deceptive marketing. Boy, this this really did take me for a loop because I shop at Costco all the time and I'm a big fan. Okay, let's go ahead and take some phone calls. Let me see Robert's been there for a while. Hi, Robert, welcome to handle on the law. Yes, Robert, Okay, Robert, are you on to speak?
Speaker 2: Are you? Are you on a speakerphone?
Speaker 4: No, I'm not.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's some reason it's better now, Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 4: I was charging the font probably yeah, my ls my LLC in twenty sixty I started in June twenty sixteen, and I was told by my text guy, I don't have to pay the eight tendred dollars for the five sixty eight.
Speaker 2: I have no idea what a five sixty eight days? What does that mean?
Speaker 4: Well, it's a limited liability company for return of income.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course you have to pay littal lcs. You pay eight hundred bucks minimum state tax.
Speaker 4: No matter what, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: Then it doesn't matter what the business is.
Speaker 2: If it is a business and you have an LLC, you have to pay.
Speaker 3: You got horrible advice, You got horrible advice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have to pay the back penalties.
Speaker 3: Yes you do, Yes, you plus penalties plus US penalties plus interest.
Speaker 4: Yep, that's exactly what I was told to do it. I don't know what.
Speaker 2: Okay, just wrap it up.
Speaker 3: Just you know, there's no place to collect taxes if there's.
Speaker 2: No company there.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Being all right, unless they can go back to the owner, and I don't think they can. I don't believe they can. How are we doing for time?
Speaker 2: We're good? Hey, Patrick, you're up. Welcome to handle on the law bill.
Speaker 5: My brother passed away seven months ago and he had a trust that I and several others are named as inheritors, and the trust is and can not find assets to cover their inheritance and it's not mentioning sense to me because it was a partner in a prominent major law.
Speaker 3: Okay, so the trustee, the trustee says there aren't enough assets to even distribute to the beneficiaries, correct, right, Okay, Well, and you're saying that the trust door had a big business. Do you know if that business was in the name of the trust or was it as an individual it was, then the trust has nothing to do with it.
Speaker 2: Then the trust has nothing to do with it.
Speaker 3: And it's quite possible that there is no money in the trust. The only way that you're entitled to the money as a beneficiary of the trust, there has to be something in the trust, and which you're telling me there's nothing.
Speaker 2: In the trust.
Speaker 3: So what you have is you have a will that's going to control and if you don't have a will, then you file something called an intestate probate, which means there's no will. And now the children of the of the.
Speaker 2: The owner of the property. Uh the.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to get the words correctly, the owner of the property who is no longer alive. So it's the beneficiaries are the children. If there is a wife, it's the wife and the children. And if it turns out none of those are alive, then it goes to a brother. Then it goes to a cousin. Who it's in line, whoever is closest to the guys.
Speaker 5: Who's leaving their buddy. There's several people named beneficiaries.
Speaker 2: Under what under what?
Speaker 5: Under the trust there is.
Speaker 3: No money in the trust, Patrick, there is no money in the trust to distribute if the property was not put into the trust, there is no money in the trust.
Speaker 5: Well, he was a hired lawyer.
Speaker 2: I don't care. I don't care. I don't care.
Speaker 3: Did he And I keep on asking you did he put anything in the trust?
Speaker 5: I don't know?
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you? All right, that was the question. Congratulations, the big mazeletove to you. Oh God, I love this. When that happens. I asked questions, and what ends up happening?
Speaker 2: All right? Skip? Hello, Skip? Oh, just go ahead. We'll take a break and then we'll come back to Skip.
Speaker 3: I want to make sure to have enough time to answer your question without bailing out on you.
Speaker 2: This is Handle on the Law, tap fie handle here on a.
Speaker 3: Saturday morning, Welcome back. Handle on the law. Marginal legal advice okay, skip, Now we'll go to you.
Speaker 2: Yes, skip, What can I do for you?
Speaker 6: Bill? I moved to a new town and opened a department store charge card and spent one hundred and forty dollars. The first bill arrived late because they sent it to my previous address. I paid the bill off in full. When the second bill arrived that had a late fee because I had missed the date because of the address mix up, I called them up and asked them to refund the late fee, which they said they would do. I got a third bill with a thirty five dollars outstanding balance because instead of the fifty dollars late fee, they only refunded fifteen dollars. On top of that, I got another fifty dollars late fee, So now I owe them eighty five dollars for ye Hey, let.
Speaker 2: Me ask you something that I yeah, let me ask you something.
Speaker 3: Why you know after the first one, why don't you just why didn't Jesus cancel the card and pay it off and then move on? Because you're talking about three times four times? And now you're owed eighty five dollars?
Speaker 2: Correct, right?
Speaker 6: I didn't hold it. When they get it, I get it.
Speaker 2: They screwed you, So I understand. So they screwed you.
Speaker 3: You over, I get it. So now let me ask you something. It's for eighty five dollars. Ye, Are you prepared to spend all day in court and wait, uh, I don't know six hours?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 6: But are they gonna keep charging me every month? Another?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Because you're canceling the card?
Speaker 6: Oh base, I canceled? Do I still have to pay the late fees?
Speaker 2: Well, theoretically you do, but they're gonna drop it. Okay, they're they're not gonna go after you.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 2: They may tag you.
Speaker 3: They may tag you and your credit and then let me ask you something. Is your credit and maintaining your credit worth eighty five bucks?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 3: They're they're liable based on what you said. They screwed you.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 3: You'll probably win in court. You'll probably win eighty five dollars. Now, I can't even begin to tell you what hassle you're gonna have to collect eighty five bucks.
Speaker 6: Well, I don't want to collect it. I just don't want to pay it because I don't.
Speaker 3: Okay, then, walking, but your credit is going to be your credit is going to be affected, and you're probably gonna lose eighty points one hundred points? Is that worth eighty five bucks?
Speaker 2: What I would do? I would just pay it and walk away for eighty five dollars.
Speaker 3: I don't want to spend all day in court and I don't want to collect the money or I or the judge say you don't owe the money.
Speaker 2: I mean for me.
Speaker 3: But it's you know, it depends. I mean, it's one of those things where you know, I mean I think you're gonna win. I think you're gonna win. Let me ask you something.
Speaker 2: How much is eighty five dollars affect your life?
Speaker 6: It doesn't, okay?
Speaker 3: So now how much would a drop of one hundred points in your credit affect your life?
Speaker 6: Probably somewhat?
Speaker 2: Okay, there's the answer.
Speaker 6: Is it worth another?
Speaker 10: Call?
Speaker 6: As it worth another?
Speaker 2: First of all, you canceled, You cancel the card immediately, okay, And then you.
Speaker 3: Start calling, well then you then you start calling them for them to drop the eighty five bucks, and you just keep on going and going. But yeah, you don't want to deal with them anymore. You know, it's a question of practicality. And this happens all the time. Yeah they oh yeah, or yeah you're in the right. So how do you get from A to B, especially when C is going to end up costing you buckets of.
Speaker 2: Time, if not money. Jenny, Hi, Jenny, welcome, Hi Bill.
Speaker 8: I have a question. So I hear that the dj is sue in California because they allowed undocumented immigrants to have free tuition, and I want to know how do I sign up to be a witness because I was a victim of that and it ticks me off at the time. Is still no understand Okay.
Speaker 3: I get it. Yeah, you don't sign up with the State of Californi or the DOJ to be a witness. There isn't the list where Okay, Jenny is number fifteen on the list, we'll go to her right after we owe to number fourteen. It's not like you go to the deli and you pull a number or the bakery and you pull a number and you're up next. What you can do is contact the DOJ and say, do you want a witness? I have been a victim or they're just going after the people that are because of the records. But Jenny, you don't sign up to be a witness. It doesn't work that way. If they want you as a witness. They'll contact you.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: There have been cases where a witness has come forward and said I can bring some information that you can do.
Speaker 2: But it's not a list.
Speaker 3: It's just you come to the table and say, I can be a witness. Now can you help them? I have no idea. I'm sure they have plenty, plenty, plenty of witnesses.
Speaker 2: Okay, here we go. Mike, Hello, Mike, welcome.
Speaker 4: Bill.
Speaker 2: Yes, hey, you're a speaker phone.
Speaker 11: I'm sorry, listen to question. I'm the victim of aggravator soul of the firearm. Obviously they're going to plead the defendant instead of going to trial. Does the judge know what the plea offer is to the defendant before he sentences or does he find out way in jail the sentence?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, the court has to okay it. The court has to determine that it is a good plea. And sometimes the court says no, it's too lenient and I'm not going to allow it. Usually that's the case. The court says no, and but the judges won't wear it.
Speaker 11: It's going to be done behind closed doors.
Speaker 12: I mean.
Speaker 2: You didn't, okay. So so for some reason it was sealed. I get it.
Speaker 3: Maybe a miner is involved or whatever, or the defendant asked for it to be sealed, and that we're behind closed doors. And I mean the court to come up with a good reason for that, because.
Speaker 11: Court, the state attorney wants to have the meeting with me to consult with me about the plea agreement before you know, they're supposed to do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, they do that because they now go to the victimy. They now go to.
Speaker 11: Case I have a separate case as a defendant with a marijuana possession charge, and they want the public defender to be present in the meeting when they explain to me the plea agreement for the other case Ramavika.
Speaker 4: Why they want the public defender there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, so you're not paying for the public defender, so what do you care.
Speaker 11: I just don't know why they're trying to tie the two cases together.
Speaker 13: They part in different issues.
Speaker 2: No idea, but you get to find out it's not going to cost you anything, okay, thanks to the public defender is going.
Speaker 3: To be there, and the fact that the prosecutor wants you in, wants to consult, or wants you to consult because now they take the victim into account. They want the input of the victim to determine how long the plea deal is going to be. Uh, and what terms of the plea deal. And the judge has to sign off on it.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: So you know, Urie, and you're in good shape.
Speaker 3: And it could be that the prosecution says, tell you what, we're going to drop the brejuana charge if you agree that.
Speaker 11: Over here, I've pissed off the state attorney. I'm not her favorite victim in the world, and I think she's not going to prosecute it aggressively.
Speaker 3: Could be, could be, Yeah, that happens. You know now what it happens. Uh, they can do that and they do do that.
Speaker 2: Roxy. Hi, Roxy, Hello, Roxy are you there?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 8: How are you?
Speaker 2: Yes, ma'am? What can I do for you?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 12: I have a malpractice to my idea.
Speaker 4: I had.
Speaker 12: Surgery in my back. Is a nerve is shoe and the fourth surgery that they did it on me, it made me paralyzed. So and the doctor was saying, well, I opened up your back and I see a lot of scarring.
Speaker 2: Okay, Roxy, you can stop.
Speaker 12: Paralyzed.
Speaker 2: Stop right there, Roxy, you could stop.
Speaker 12: Makay therapy.
Speaker 2: Just keep on talking, but no guarantee that one of these last week where the caller just wouldn't shut up. I mean your health.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I understand, yes, whatever the answer is, yes, absolutely, Are you ready to listen to me? No kidding, it was a bad connection. You can't hear me even a little bit. Okay, But before I take a break, I'm want to tell you about Zelman's Zelman's Minty mint or minty mouth. And I've been telling you about Zelmons now for way over a year, and I've known the people at Zelmons for over thirty years. They're actually good friends of mine, So I have no problem telling you about Zelmons. Zelmons is way more than just a mint. This is about your bad breath. And you know, bad breath comes from your mouth with the foods you eat, the garlic, the onions, the morning breath, the coffee breath. But Zelman's also works in your stomach because bad breath can actually come from the stomach, and it does very often because the foods you eat, the garlic, the onions, It's guess where it lands in your stomach and the burning and the churning and the acids and so You've got two places where bad breath can start and stay. One is in your mouth. You know about that. The other one is in your stomach and you may not know about that. And Zelmans takes care of both. The MINTI coating on these capsules you put in your mouth and you suck on the mint.
Speaker 2: When that's gone, you either bite into or.
Speaker 3: You swallow these capsules and then they go to work in your gut. And boy, nothing works like Zelman's. There's no mint in the world that deals with that. And until December, tewod for Katerina's Club, our charity which we feed the kids.
Speaker 2: Zelmans will.
Speaker 3: Give a portion of their sales to Katerina's Club so you can help feed the kids. And I've been saying, if you don't buy Zelmans, the kids are going to starve, and if you do buy Selmans They're gonna get some money. So it's up to you. You want kids to go hungry, you want starving kids. You want to look at yourself in the mirror and say you, because of you, kids are starving. That's why you want to buy Zelman's. So go to Zelmans dot com. Oh God, do people take me seriously? Zelman's dot com Z E L M I N S. Zelmans dot com. This is Handle on the Law.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from kf I Am six four.
Speaker 3: KFI Handle here on a Saturday morning, and good morning everybody. A quick reminder that today Neil Savedra is broadcasting the Fork Report live at the Wendy's in mission via HO on Alicia Parkway two three zero two two Alicia Parkway, Wendy's and mission via HO and we're I'm joining him by the way, so please come by and say hello from two to five this afternoon. And it's all for Katerina's Club, the charity the KFI supports. So it's Wednesday today, of course at Wendy's mission via HO from two to five.
Speaker 2: Phone numbers eight hundred five two zero one five three four.
Speaker 3: And for the first time in what an hour and a half, we actually have a few lines that are open easily. Eight hundred five to zero one five three four is the number to call and welcome back. This is Handle on the Law Mark Legal Advice. Hello, Devin, Devin, you're up.
Speaker 13: Hey, what's going on?
Speaker 7: Bill?
Speaker 6: Good morning, my brother.
Speaker 7: I've been calling you for the past two years about the uninhabitable living conditions.
Speaker 9: You don't give you enough.
Speaker 7: You don't give yourself enough credit for the marginal legal advice. I just wanted to call you and let you know that we settled in mediation two hundred and eighty five thousand dollars. Thank you, okay, legal advice bill.
Speaker 3: Based on my legal advice, you settle for two hundred and eighty five thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: Now, you would think you would think that I would be thrilled that I gave you advice, that you actually settled for buckets of money.
Speaker 14: Uh and uh.
Speaker 2: You know, a normal person would be thrilled for you, Devin.
Speaker 3: Someone would say, well, this is what I do, and I'm thrilled to death that you got the money.
Speaker 2: But I won't be doing that.
Speaker 3: I'm going to simply say congratulations, I'm glad you got some money. And by the way, when I give legal advice, and out of the legal advice comes something extraordinary like I do. Remember, Devin, this was a case of an inhabitability and he ended up with two hundred and eighty five thousand bucks. Good advice, and at the end you have a real good settlement. Those are usually mutually exclusive. They generally are not the same thing. Go figure all right, Daphne, you're up. Welcome to handle on the law.
Speaker 2: Hi, good morning.
Speaker 13: Can you hear me?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 2: I can?
Speaker 5: All right, good morning.
Speaker 13: My question is, well, for the past eighteen months, I've had neurological symptoms, vision issues, numbness, weakness, and a possible stoke or MS. What they've said, but also what Kaiser's giving me. They've never given me a clear diagnosis as to what if I have multiple sclerosis. Basically after this all.
Speaker 15: These multiple MRIs hospital visits and now they're saying it stress and I'm asking my question is with a delay in diagnosis, is that's something that can be considered medical mouth practice?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: Sometimes yeah, but when you're talking about neurological problems, neurological problems are so complex.
Speaker 2: There's so much that goes.
Speaker 3: Into You can have many different problems that all culminate in these neurological problems MS, and then you have it or you don't have it, depending on the testing, depending on who's giving the diagnosis. It is probably not malpractice because there really is no cure for neurological problems. That's one of the medical problems out there. Now. My wife has something called CRPS, Complex Regional pain syndrome, which is a neurological disease. It's autoimmune and it affects her nerves, and she has been to dozens of different doctors and therapies and they can't figure out and there is no malpractice there. Now, you may want to talk to a medical malpractice attorney to get some advice, since I am not one, even though I play one on radio, so I'm not going to tell you. I don't know enough enough about your case to even know if there's a men and mal case there. But usually when you have neurological issues, it's they're not easy unless the doctor does a surgery and cuts the nerve. Okay, there it is surgery, nerve neurological problems, got it. But other than that, I think you're going to have a tough time. But I would still contact a med male attorney just to see if there's anything there, and if the first one says no, I would do at least one more and then you're probably gonna go through some testing if he thinks that that's appropriate, and you're not gonna go to court, You're gonna do an arbitration with Kaiser, and that's the way it works with almost every every single on medical practitioner. Okay, Peter, Hi, Peter, you're up.
Speaker 2: Welcome, Hey, how you doing?
Speaker 4: Bill love the show, Thank you.
Speaker 10: I'm a little nervous, little nervous. Let me get to the point. Well, my income is it goes up and down, up and down to the whole year. Okay, self employed. I have a disabled son that goes to the hospital every maybe like two three times a year. She's one specialist a year, so it's like two three times a year. He's on medical. Now, my wife, we're gonna inherit two properties that are paid for and LC with some money. Is that gonna fake my medical.
Speaker 2: Okay, hold on a minute. How old is your son?
Speaker 10: Twelve?
Speaker 2: Twelve? Yeah, it's going to affect it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you're responsible and for him to get it, and you I can't afford it because you are responsible to pay for it.
Speaker 2: They take that into account. Yeah, they take that into account.
Speaker 3: You know. The only way you get the only way you get free anything from the state is you have to be broke. And you're not going to be broke. How much you're gonna inherit. How much you're you gonna inherit? My friend, Actually you're not about what about two hundred Yeah, yeah, you're gonna be responsible. Uh yeah, that's that's no fun. But that's uh, that's the way it works. I mean people, all of these plans, like medical which is the California version of Medicare or Medicaid, is predicated on the fact that there's no money to pay pay for it, so the state ends up paying for it. And if there is money to pay for it, the state does not pay for it. All right, we have some minds open. The number is eight hundred five two zero one five three four. Eight hundred five two zero one five three four. This is handle on the Law. And you just heard a promo for Neil Savader's show, The Fork Report from two to five. Actually, he's going to be broadcasting live at the Wendy's in Mission via Ho on Alisha Parkway. I'm joining him, and it's a live broadcast for Catarina's Club and we're collecting money in post and sauce to feed the kids. And so please join us at Wendy's in Mission Viejo on Alisha Parkway starting at two o'clock.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to handle.
Speaker 3: On the law marginal legal advice where I tell you you have absolutely no case.
Speaker 2: Hey Max, Welcome.
Speaker 14: Max, Yes, sir, Yeah, how are you doing in the owner of Neil Savedra today at Wendy's?
Speaker 16: Can I do a really quick Neil impression?
Speaker 5: Sure?
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 5: Hey, Neil?
Speaker 14: Are you there?
Speaker 9: Hey buddy, what's going on? I'm overlooking shaves Ravine. I have my American vision windows. Bill and Kathleen were over here yesterday and I'm giving out something very nostalgic today. I'm giving away at the Wendy's uh gigantic fork signed by twelve different chefs.
Speaker 2: Okay, Max, score Max, Max, that was god awful.
Speaker 3: That could have been the worst impression I have ever heard in my life of anybody.
Speaker 2: So let's move forward with your question please.
Speaker 10: Okay.
Speaker 16: So I already got an extension for a traffic ticket. They gave me three months, but it's coming up in about a week or so. So I know there's a loophole because you can't go in there and ask for a second one. The first one they'll give it to you, but the second one, I think there's like a different process. I'm wondering what you if you knew as.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, I don't know of any loophole. You can ask for a second extension. I've done that before. You come up with a good reason for it, and you can either do it by email, you can call them if you really want to almost guarantee it. You walk in there and you say, I've got this problem. My fake leg is falling off and I've got an appointment to redo it. Or you know, my dog is dying, or my wife is she has cancer and she probably won't make it, and the cleric will go, well are you married? Well, no, not really. You come up with some kind of excuse and there's a very good chance you'll get it.
Speaker 2: I got it.
Speaker 3: Now Here is a dirty little secret, and that is, since we're close enough to the holidays, if they give you an extension, then you say, can I please have the date between Christmas and New Year the courts are open, but no judge in the world has an open court, because the judge decides when his or her court is open. If you can get that between those two dates and you can ask for it, it's a virtual guarantee you are going to be okay, you certainly do that with, by the way, jury summons, so you can ask and sometimes they say yes, sometimes they say no. Come up with a reason, you know, I mean, these are human beings. Sometimes they are okay. Always works with jury summons, by the way, that's what I do. Oh right, Hey, Michael, you're up.
Speaker 2: Welcome to handle on the law.
Speaker 17: Yes, hi, Bill, thanks Ma.
Speaker 4: Answer my question.
Speaker 17: It's a two part question.
Speaker 2: You got to speak a little louder because I'm having a hard time here.
Speaker 17: You go ahead, Michael, Okay, can you hear me better now?
Speaker 2: Yeah? A little better? Yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 17: So three is I'm going to I'm trying to resolve some divisions and retirement accounts from a divorce. And there are four accounts of my wife's name. We were supposed to hire, we were supposed to join and retaining what they call a quadro attorney to help us divide these accounts. Yes, I needs to be tried to start the process, and my wife didn't want to do it. And so then all of a sudden, I get a letter from her attorney saying that she retained her to take care of this issue. And so what happens is I they do they do a current market value of the accounts. So the the quad attorney you know.
Speaker 4: Provided me this valuation that the uh, the.
Speaker 17: Guy did for the accounts, and uh he showed what happens to the four accounts. So the evaluation showed one account. They showed a rollover value for the other three others.
Speaker 2: I don't care. I don't care.
Speaker 3: So the valuation shows something that is harmful to your case?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 17: Well, No, what it is is the evaluation shows the valuation shows the dollar value and and and and basically there's big It showed dollar value, but didn't show it didn't show that three accounts, didn't show three account Okay.
Speaker 2: I got it. It didn't all right.
Speaker 3: So that quadro attorney, by the way, for those people that don't know, it's a special attorney that practices in splitting up assets, uh, particularly pension plans annuities, because that's really complicated stuff as to what money come in is separate property, is joint money, and so you need a specialist. That's the quadro attorney. So he did one out of four. Okay, So you disagree with that, correct?
Speaker 4: Well, no, what.
Speaker 9: I just what it is?
Speaker 17: I said, I said, please provide me the statements to show that you know that showed that you know that the three accounts that you rolled over then you rolled over, you know.
Speaker 3: I went, okay, the date, okay, and he did and he didn't provide him to you.
Speaker 2: He didn't provide him to you, right.
Speaker 17: I went to Yeah, So I went to court and I told the judge. I said, look, you know I can't I can't review this valuation. I have no count statements. I don't know what's going on. So the court, you know, I told my wife that she needed to be transparent with their account doctright, okay, okay. So so what happens is the attorney she hires a quadri attorney. You know, he wouldn't give me the statement.
Speaker 2: So all right, I got it.
Speaker 3: You you said that, and the court said that they have to give you the statements.
Speaker 2: Now where are you?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 17: So where I'm at is that I had to hire I had to hire a The quadal attorneys don't. They don't want to do discovery because it makes the responsibility issue.
Speaker 3: Iither high, okay, But then you hire another quad You hire another quadro attorney that does.
Speaker 17: No, they don't. They don't want to get the quadal attorneys. They don't want to get involved in discovery.
Speaker 3: How many have you gone to and they don't They actually don't get involved in discovery. What they do is they just do an analysis of what's there on the table.
Speaker 2: Uh so, what what's your question?
Speaker 17: What I'm so, what I'm saying, Bill, is that I had to go hire. I had to hire a family.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, so you hire your own quadra attorney. Now, what's your question?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 17: Right, so no, I hired a family law attorney. Okay, So do did I spend twenty thousand dollars getting her to disclose the accounts?
Speaker 2: Okay? What's your question? Closed?
Speaker 17: So my question is when the account's not disclosed? It turned out that she didn't roll over three accounts she.
Speaker 2: Rolled Okay, I got it. So what's your question? So?
Speaker 17: So, basically, so the question is that the account that there's an eighty five thousand dollars account the basically she's hiding.
Speaker 2: Okay, what's your question?
Speaker 17: You know I said, this is my question? Is I spent I spent twenty thousand dollars?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I understand, So what's your what's your question?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 17: My question, the question is when I go into I want to go back to court. I want to find out how how you know, how could I get reimbursement for the man?
Speaker 3: Now you can you ask for the reimbursement, Michael cease, you asked for the reimbursement and the court either gives it to you or doesn't.
Speaker 2: Give it to you.
Speaker 3: And the way you describe it, it seems pretty egregious.
Speaker 2: And the court would.
Speaker 3: Turn around and go, yeah, your wife pays for it. Wife pays for yours because she wouldn't comply with a court order.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you asked for it.
Speaker 17: No, but this divorce attorneyment, nobody.
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 3: It's your way? Too complicated. Uh, we're not going to I'm not going to get into that. You know you can't take five minutes with me when I say, what's your question? What's your question? I need a question there?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: Before we leave, I want to tell you about handling the law dot com.
Speaker 2: Handle on the law dot com.
Speaker 3: Is there a group of attorneys who are part of my organization that I created years ago to help people in personal injury cases. Now a lot of attorneys out there are advertised for personal injury right here on the station and the billboards, and I got the billboards and you see them on TV print. So which ones are good? I mean, how do you know which ones are good? Well, usually you don't. And some of them are excellent and some of them not so much. So I'm going to suggest if you've been injured it's not your fault in an accident or a slip and fall, visit handle on the law dot Com. Handle on the law dot Com where you get an attorney that is vetted and if there is a problem, I'm the one that makes the phone call and ask the attorney what the hell is going on? Handle on the law dot Com. This is Handle on the Law.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 3: Catch my show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeart Radio app.