Speaker 1: Good morning, lady, gentlemen, and welcome to video Message number twenty nine lit Beaverville.
Speaker 2: Come on, man, I woke up yesterday morning with US spring us to start later, please, I could never know what the day with US Florida.
Speaker 1: Listen up. The ratings just came in for last month. We are number one. We just grabbed every key. Demograhy, super duper. That's nice, right to go, NTO gay, Yes, boy, that is good news.
Speaker 3: It is the eleventh day of November twenty twenty five. Good morning everybody, and welcome to the Power Trip Morning Show. My name is Chris Hockey and here we are on a lovely tired Tuesday morning. We got your audible caffeine ready to go. Marnie, and uh, I think is Johnny Bones. He's maybe gone. It's like at the GM meetings or something like that. I don't think he works for General Motors. I'm what the hell is going on?
Speaker 4: I don't know, but I do know.
Speaker 3: This is Veteran's Day and we are grateful to all of you veterans out there pasting, current and future.
Speaker 4: Thank you all very very much.
Speaker 3: Here's Michael Longfellow with some comedy on a Tuesday morning caught in. I am glad you are here.
Speaker 5: I live with an eighty two year old Asian American woman, Carol Wong. Do you guys know her? She's an old lady in Glendale, California.
Speaker 1: It's true.
Speaker 5: I live with this old lady.
Speaker 1: I found her on Craigslist.
Speaker 5: She takes in soldiers with post traumatic stress disorder. But I showed her a tape and she was like, Okay, you can stay too. You win the soldiers. The soldiers moved out though. Now it's just like me and Carol being roommates. It's really weird to live with an eighty two year old woman that is not your grandmother. I don't love her, she doesn't love me. We're just roommates. We've roommate issues, and it feels ridiculous to go into a room like Carol. Maybe I'm crazy, but are there three or four puddings left in this snackpack?
Speaker 1: Did you have a pudding? Carol?
Speaker 5: You have a pudding, Carol, I'm not made of pudding, Carol. You gotta ask.
Speaker 2: You guys drink? So does she? The three.
Speaker 6: The finish line is weeding.
Speaker 3: Feet is on your side.
Speaker 2: You hear the distance.
Speaker 1: This line and then you stray. Wow, we have to take that tunes by Tuesday, November eleventh of twenty twenty five, Veterans Day on the.
Speaker 2: Power Trim Morning, Joe and Corey Cope.
Speaker 1: That's Chris Hockey, that's Meat Sauce, Paul Lambert there, Zacharyelverson, nice the bonus se care about Veterans Day?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Where is he?
Speaker 4: He went to the General Motors meetings?
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't know if he's investor he must be, or if you like, he might own their website, you know how he is man, he might have liked he might have jumped on their website like they're like.
Speaker 2: They're squatting on the domain name squatters.
Speaker 1: Where he is He like bought GM dot com on go Daddy like twenty five years ago, and he's just waiting for GM to pay up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a lot of people that made a lot of money off that. Right.
Speaker 1: As soon as domain names became a thing, they just poached him. It's like, I'll buy McDonald's dot com and then just hold McDonald's for ransom. UNTI they give me a whole bunch of money.
Speaker 4: That's right, that's smart, that's right, that's right.
Speaker 1: I'm sure that happens in social media too, right, Wow, as soon as like a new social media service pops up. I'm sure there's a whole bunch of people in each of those major companies. Their job is you better secure all of our stuff in me imediately.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Meanwhile, you have the rest of us roops.
Speaker 1: Going like I'm gonna buy it first, and then McDonald's goes to like blue Sky and McDonald's is taken, you know what I mean by me, and I'm not giving it to them unless they give me forty nuggets.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Man, Man, sounds happened with Advil, like somebody bought or somebody got Advil's Twitter and then they just didn't ever buy it.
Speaker 2: And so now it's like Advil underscore something really yeah, and the regular.
Speaker 7: Literally just taunts him and this says, Hey, I can't believe you guys just didn't give me like you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was gonna do exactly. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I bet your edhard's thinking about this.
Speaker 1: Would you take it a lifetime supply of Advil to give up Advil on Twitter?
Speaker 2: Man? I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't want to cash because then you could buy advil, sure, yeah, or weed or weed, yeah, or more booze to get your head to go away? Or goldfish both the pet and.
Speaker 2: The cracker favorite kind cheddar, pull your hands up? Did you guys see Must crashing out yesterday on Twitter? Did I see Must crashing out on Twitter? And what the kids call it?
Speaker 3: Even?
Speaker 1: How you're freaking out about what? Then he couldn't watch the Monday night football game?
Speaker 2: No, no, are you sure that's muss?
Speaker 1: He tweeted, kiss a bag of d's at ESPN at YouTube TV.
Speaker 2: Did he use the actual word? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh, he did spend more money on apps and a dish or media com suck more?
Speaker 2: What the f?
Speaker 1: And he used the actual word again, No, he just wt damn it. Then he wrote money grubbing bastards, you effors such bs that we have Disney Plus and can't watch Monday night football double birds?
Speaker 2: You d words and he used the word.
Speaker 7: Yeah in all caps all caps He's pissed?
Speaker 2: And what time was this? Approximately seven hours ago? Okay, so he was completely sober at that Yeah? Correct? Yeah.
Speaker 1: Partri Bets asked him, Matt, how many garage beards he's had? So he was he was crashing out yesterday about ESPN. Just do what I do. I didn't watch a second of the game. You're better off. I watched The Cheer Company, which was the weirdest episode yet.
Speaker 2: I watched most of that game, most of the game. No, no, what did you watch The Chair Company? That is the Tim Robinson Show on.
Speaker 3: I couldn't do it comfortable. I gave up on it.
Speaker 2: Oh man, it's it's so it's so weird.
Speaker 3: I can't watch. It's too much. It's too hard to watch it.
Speaker 4: It's too hard. Did you watch the Garfield thing?
Speaker 1: I've not watched it last night. It's fantastic, man, how power through the whole thing? How many episodes? Oh, it's only four, it's four of them.
Speaker 3: But it's just it's just so wonderfully done. It's it's like, you know, it's just wow, Holy moly, Holy moly. And the lady who plays his wife is great. And that dude, uh, the guy who plays Michael, that guy's great. And the dude who's Molly Mala Hill's husband is great.
Speaker 1: And I just love the idea that every time somebody tunes in and out of context, they just say, Chris keep telling everybody to watch the Garfield movie. Yeah, like even Bill Murray and Bill Murray just say he did that for the money and said that that was like the worst decision he ever made. Yeah, I'll do it, man, Chris is Dead, said on getting everybody to watch the Garfield movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah on Netflix.
Speaker 1: He's really passionate about it, said, it's fantastic, It's well done.
Speaker 3: Which seems like a pretty good way to go.
Speaker 2: You know, if you get struck by lightning, are you.
Speaker 1: Didn't?
Speaker 5: We?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: The stats something like ninety percent of people survive, right, I think it is that. Yeah, it's some crazy number, because I would have thought it was the opposite. I would I would have thought it's like ninety percent of you die. It's very unlikely that you live. But I think we read it the almost the exact ninety survival rate. But I wonder if the ten percent of people that get killed do you die instantly?
Speaker 2: You should ask him.
Speaker 1: I mean, the guy in Great Outdoors got struck sixty six times.
Speaker 2: He's serving sixty sixty six great film? Right, hogs never seen it? What I know? Oh, you'd love it, that's what you always say. You would like it, You would like it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I protest against movies you like, Well, you know what you watched, Dad Bowers.
Speaker 2: I deserve that. I deserve that.
Speaker 3: But h no, I I think you guys would dig the Garfield movie a lot of Littlesagna, I love Mozania.
Speaker 4: It's good.
Speaker 2: It's good. I like that guy.
Speaker 3: Seems good.
Speaker 2: Plus, Michael Shannon is good in about anything he's in.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's got two first names.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Do you know what one of his first roles was, It's sneaky. It's a very very small role. Was he in one of the Back to the Futures?
Speaker 2: No, well man, he was in Groundhog's Day? Oh? Really, what was he doing there? He was?
Speaker 1: He was the guy that that got really excited about, like wrestle Mania tickets. At the end, O'Connors gets the tickets to WrestleMania.
Speaker 2: Okay, he's got a super small part in that.
Speaker 4: That's a long time ago.
Speaker 1: That was like ninety two or three, ninety three.
Speaker 4: I think did he quit after that?
Speaker 2: Nope, he kept going, kept acting.
Speaker 1: He's like one of the best bad guys in the whole movie, which one a in movies. He's a terrific bad guy. Boardwalk Empire, the Water Thing, He's General Zod the Water Thing. The movie the way of the water whatever where that lady bangs that sea creature. Sure he's the bad guy in that the shape of water, it gets called what it's called.
Speaker 2: The shape of water? Shape of water? He saw it was? Or she just wanted to bang that merman.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't blame her, though, pretty sure.
Speaker 2: She did if I remember right, I only saw it once, Hawk and bang a mer lady.
Speaker 3: Now every time she walks into red lobster.
Speaker 2: Oh God, damn it. Now I want you to reade biscuits. Oh yeah, yeah, dang it. You want to bang a merman? Yeah, Hawk wants to bang a mr lady.
Speaker 4: I ain't scared of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'd try it.
Speaker 3: I've had worse. Oh poor f w, Yeah, poor French. Is she still with us? Who f W?
Speaker 4: I don't know, man, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how would he know?
Speaker 6: How would I know?
Speaker 1: Dude?
Speaker 2: I'm sure on Facebook.
Speaker 3: The eleventh, the eleventh day of eleventh month in nineteen eighteen, the war ended. That'd be the First War, the Great War, the War to end all wars, which was not. At five am that morning, Germany, berift of manpower and supplies and facing imminent invasion, signed an Armisteaice agreement with the Allies in a railroad car outside of Coupy a m.
Speaker 4: French, France.
Speaker 3: The First World War left nine million soldiers dead, twenty one million.
Speaker 2: Wounded, nine million, nine million.
Speaker 3: Germany, Russia, Austria, Hungary. That's one country. Then Austria, Hungary, France and Great Britain each lost nearly a million more lives in addition to five million civilians who died from disease, starvation, and exposure.
Speaker 1: You know, it's crazy if you had asked me seventy two seconds ago how many people died in World War One? It is a world war, right, it's not a small battle. I wouldn't have guessed four thousand people. But I don't even know what I would have started with in terms of, like what's my baseline guess saying that's I can definitely say that's more than I would have thought. I don't know by how much more, because now I don't know what I would have guessed, but it would have been a lot less than that has a lot.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of people. It's a ton.
Speaker 3: What's that one World War One movie about the Germans that just came out like two years ago? That really, Holy Molly, did it? Did it really bring home what it was like to fight in World War One?
Speaker 2: Nineteen seventeen. Yeah, that's it. Holy balss. I's got the one with that.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen it, but it's the one that has that really famous running sequence.
Speaker 3: My god, dude, Oh yeah, I mean, so it starts off with these German kids and they're going to war and they're like, holy hell, let's do this.
Speaker 4: We're gonna go fight for our country.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 3: And by the end of the movie there's only one of them left, man, and he's he's the main character. It's like, damn, because like I'm watching right now some video of Armistice Stay in you know, in nineteen eighteen there, and and it's black and white, but in real life, it wasn't in real life. That's that happened in color, and those are real people, you know what I mean. That's a weird thing to say, but you get my point. Yep, Damn man.
Speaker 1: Do you know so that that famous scene in nineteen seventeen, Yeah, where he's running and the troops are kind of running perpendicular. Sure, and there's that part of the run where he runs into somebody and they both fall over.
Speaker 2: Do you guys know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 1: So he's running through just a giant group of soldiers that's running the other way, right, and there's bombs going off, but he's running towards the camera.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, one of the soldiers that's running perpendicular to this guy, they run into each other and they both fall over. Okay, well there's actual explosions and time like, so they they didn't cut.
Speaker 4: Oh so he didn't mean to run.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: So the kid gets up, which actually makes it better because it's like, that's what you would have to do in real life. It's like, you ran into that guy, you got to get up and keep running. You don't just go all right, hake two. So the story goes that, yeah, that was not planned that the soldier that's running the other way accidentally clipped him. They both fall over and he's got whoever the actors I forget who it is, has to get up and kind of quick quick So Nepburn for years ago has to quickly get up and sprint back to kind of get on the same pace to be in the same spot he was supposed to be in. But that actually makes it look more chaotic and more realistic, so they obviously ended.
Speaker 2: Up keeping it. It's pretty cool. It is really cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, at the very beginning of your story there, I thought you were doing a uh a bit. Yeah, no, a leaf guard thing.
Speaker 2: Oh get the gut.
Speaker 1: For that great, great radio bit, You're gonna have to wait until the spring again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, correct Dodge and leaves.
Speaker 2: There's one person that loves this show.
Speaker 1: That's like, I don't know if I'm gonna listen to The Power Trip until Corey does the gutter helmet bit next spring again. I just the only thing I like about the Power Trip is when he does the transition to meat sauces sponsor.
Speaker 3: Probably I don't know if they if that if that's it, but maybe that's the only way they can get an erection.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what if that's the they're edging into.
Speaker 1: Well just ask him when he gets here at nine. God, what a sentence. Nordo edges to gut her helmet. More of the power to your morning show after this on the fans.
Speaker 4: Sounds like a headline on the Athletic.
Speaker 7: I don't know, Hey, Wolves fans, It's Timberwolves Talk Back Tuesday, and we've got your shot at tickets this Saturday's Prince Inspired City Edition game. Tap the microphone on the cafan page in the iHeartRadio app and give us your best dunk call. Winners will be selected and emailed all day long. Get all the list of rules at KFA dot com keyword Contests.
Speaker 1: Well, yesterday we heard Saucea's touchdown call.
Speaker 2: Right it was cot Yeah, what's your best dunk call? Oh? Good one is it? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Let me think about well, just enter the contest please, all right, I'll enter the contest. All right, here's your best dunk call. Let's make it an to do it on the iHeartRadio. No, I want you to do it now. It's better, okay, and top of the key, passes it back, passes it back, gets the ball back and swam wolves up by eight.
Speaker 2: Yes see was at the top of the key.
Speaker 1: He passes it back and then passes it back again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I meaning he gets it back. I don't know what happened. Got it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I got it.
Speaker 2: I'm basketball guy though, Yeah, huck loves basketball.
Speaker 1: Did he do that thing where he throws it with a little English on it? So he passed it back to himself because it's a double dribble like off the backboard. Oh, I thought you meant to like another player as the one guy who always says hi to Pa in the NFL booth, he would say that was a swash buckling play.
Speaker 3: Kevin Harlan, Yes, oh ho ho the humanity, No, that's.
Speaker 2: The with no regard for human life? Great? Great, Googlely mog was great. I mean he's still live. But yeah, he's so good.
Speaker 1: Oh man, nineties Wolves broadcasts were the best, the best, man, not like they're bad now they're awesome.
Speaker 2: We love our guy, Alan Hordes. He's so good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean Kevin Harland is essentially on the Mount rushmore of my all time favorite sports announcers, and he just happened to be with the Wolves when I cared about the Wolves the most.
Speaker 2: Yep, Can I play my favorite dunk call? Yeah, you got to answer the phone. Hello, thank you?
Speaker 1: So do you dunk stuff in?
Speaker 2: Malk milk? Wow?
Speaker 3: What is he talking about?
Speaker 4: Kemp's milk has a lot to be proud about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like Cheerios and Kemp's Malkah I say that, yeah, man, though I tried really hard to do the milk.
Speaker 4: It's good. It's good, don't ever give up on you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know you be you?
Speaker 1: Like I said, the best next possible bit is that vander Belt University gives you a sponsorship as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I love Kempt's milk and cheerio. What college? Would you like to drink milk? At vander Belt?
Speaker 4: You have steel belted radios?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I have steel belted shoes too. Yeah, I'm not smart.
Speaker 1: Guys, don't do Do you dunk donuts and stuff?
Speaker 2: Or do you? I don't know. I don't dunk donuts either, waste the time.
Speaker 3: I'll dunk a damn donut.
Speaker 1: That's why I think Donky donuts is nuts. I don't want to dunk a donut in coffee or molk.
Speaker 4: I dumping anything in coffee.
Speaker 2: Dunkin donuts coffee is outstanding though, it's for good. Yeah, but just drink the coffee. Don't put a donut in there. It's nuts. Are you doing?
Speaker 3: I'll do what I won't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like dunkin donuts, great spot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do what I won't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys, we don't eat cereal with milk, but only a couple Do you drink the milk?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh boy, he's got to he asked you a question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah you do, sure, honey nut cheerios and Kemp's milk for sure. And then no, I can't do it. Coco No, I do, but just not with milk out. Only two. Again, I'm weird. I have like a you know, o CD, and I'm a psychopath. Yes, honey, nut cheerios and cocoa puffs are the only tool. Yesterday, I asked him if he'd rather eat this is this is easy, a deep fried mushroom or get a cigarette put.
Speaker 2: Out hand on hay On.
Speaker 1: You said we were talking about onions somehow, and then and then onion rings came up, and I grew up crushing onion ring batter. My mom, God bless your soul, would I didn't want to touch the onion, so she would crack open onion rings, take the onion out, and just let me crush the batter.
Speaker 2: How am I not dead? That's step one. That's so amazing. You asked a.
Speaker 1: Hypothetical and you were like, onion ring batter without the onion or deep fried mushrooms without the mushroom, And I'm like, I can't do that, Like, mentally, I wouldn't be able to do that I grew up on the onion ring batter. I can't do deep fried mushroom batter, can't do it.
Speaker 2: I won't do it. You chill.
Speaker 1: And then then you pivoted and said deep fried mushroom batter.
Speaker 2: I even think. I don't even think you meant the mushroom.
Speaker 1: No mushroom or getting a cigarette put out on you and I go, I'll take the cigarette, and I go, where is the cigarette going? And you said dealer's choice, dealer's choice, man, So I didn't know if you meant I'm the dealer or the person putting the cigarette out as the dealer. I'm the dealer, all right, that's right, you said that, And then I said it has to be somewhere that can be seen in public. So basically, don't shove it up that spot or.
Speaker 2: The other spot.
Speaker 1: Don't put it on your bung teaser, Zach. You were not in your head. I take a cigarette to my scale deep what?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah? Do you bad? That would hurt though, I don't care. Hogs? Are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: A mushroom? No? Yeah? Man? No even worse? Yeah? Yeah, listen to dogs, daddy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thanks, Sometimes you gotta eat that mushroom.
Speaker 1: Baby, Yeah, have you ever had a cigarette put out on you like that? I mean, like I bumped into somebody when like they're smoking, back when we all smoked. It hurts smoking whales. Yes, it hurts like a son of a bit. Okay, I'll deal with that though. No, I'm sure it only hurts for a couple of seconds.
Speaker 2: God, you're weird, man. No, not even the mushroom. Not not.
Speaker 1: I don't want the battery either. Yeah, barf. He's half man, half dog. He's his own best friend. But okay, no, it's a ground stain. No, they're great if they're prepared, right, they're great, like raw mushrooms. No, the proof is the proof is all right, obviously you're saying. The hypothetical is like, these are the two options, option A, option B. But the other one is how much would it cost me to eat a deep fried mushroom versus how much would I have to be paid to have a cigarette put out on me?
Speaker 2: The number would be significantly.
Speaker 1: Less to have the cigarette put out on me, significantly less, Oh God, bless you man, Like, would you get a cigarette put out on you for one thousand dollars? No? Five hundred? No, checking, No, two thousand, No, five thousand dollars? Five thousand, bush, that's like a Coursehman and scar. No, you certainly would five thousand dollars like out my arm? Sure, forearm?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Probably? How about forty five hundred? No, five thousand? Is my forty eight to fifty five thousand? Is my body? Forty nine seventy five? No? I don't know how to negotiate.
Speaker 1: So Zach, how much to eat a deep fried mushroom? Oh Man, two grand? Yeah, as long as it's like small.
Speaker 2: What about uh?
Speaker 1: If it's two grand for a mushroom? How much to get a cigarette put on in your arm? Because I'm Brian shuck, Brian shame god cash to burn?
Speaker 2: Two grands?
Speaker 7: Probably about the same, Yeah, about the same. I don't know how badly it hurts.
Speaker 1: It hurts?
Speaker 2: I maybe.
Speaker 4: If you don't, if you don't, ask Chad GPT.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh that's a good that's a good idea.
Speaker 3: Let's see no chat No, Chad, Chad, you can't afford chat GPT. We have Chad, we have Chad GPT.
Speaker 7: Ask it which Hey, Chad GPT, how bad does it hurt to have a cigarette put out on you?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I don't know.
Speaker 6: Man, it sounds like something happened over here.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I think we got to reboot it.
Speaker 1: Oh so I just asked Chad GPT. Yeah, and he said, I don't know that I'm dealing with drop foot. Oh ask Chad GPT how he runs?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Man, maybe maybe you need to take a little a little nap in a watch.
Speaker 2: Chad, that's not very nice.
Speaker 3: I've heard that they were having trouble with AI trying to get people to take themselves out. My god, Chad, that's what happens when you go to the cheap route.
Speaker 1: According to chat GPT, when a lit cigarette, which burns around seven hundred to eight hundred celsius fifteen hundred fahrenheite, touches skin, it causes a third degree burn almost instantly. See that means it burns a lot through all layers of skin, often leaving a round scar and sometimes requiring medical attentions. People who experienced describe immediate searing pain and a burning smell, blistering and tissue damage within seconds, throbbing soreness lasting for hours or days, permanent scarring or discolored tissue afterwards.
Speaker 3: Hey, chat GPT does that sound right to you?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't know, man, you'd be cool if you smoked some cigarettes.
Speaker 2: Though, Wow, why does he want us to be unhealthy? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I said, what's worse eating a deep fried mushroom or this? And they said they're extremely different experiences. One just uncomfortable or gross if you dislike mushrooms. The other causes real physical injury. Yep, So even if you hate mushrooms, eating one is basically harmless compared to being burned with a cigarette.
Speaker 4: Does that sound right to you, chat GPT, Yeah.
Speaker 6: I don't know, man, sound like dance outs.
Speaker 2: Damn fouts? Are you a cat cheat?
Speaker 1: They have? They put together a quick table baby and chat GPT a table baby. The duration of the experience the deep fried mushroom dislike is seconds to minutes.
Speaker 2: The cigarette burn.
Speaker 1: Is hours to weeks, possibly lifetime scarring.
Speaker 2: Yes, eat the mushroom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, man, Oh, Chad GPT, what's worse?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't know, man, maybe Tuesday.
Speaker 2: It is Tuesday worse. Bonus, he's not very good at that.
Speaker 4: Well, it's learning as it goes, That's what I does.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're not We're not supposed to use it on the air anymore.
Speaker 3: I know, but they came up with their own. No, it's Chad GPT. It's one more thing. Chad could do one more thing. We get a lot of weird Chad, Where's Where's where's my must broadcasting today for that Viking show.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't know. Man probably left Cuba, left Cuba.
Speaker 4: Mmm, it's like North Carolina.
Speaker 2: Cuba.
Speaker 1: I don't know if Chad GPT knows how to work.
Speaker 2: So yeah, eat the mushroom. Moral of the story, you don't want a third degree burn. Thanks Alice in Wonder Lane.
Speaker 3: You eat the mushroom.
Speaker 7: Can I need them either? Nope, you got to do one or the other. Just eat the musher man.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm gonna projectile vomit, which.
Speaker 1: Is way better than having a third degree burn on your arm where you have to go.
Speaker 2: Hey, what happened there? Well, my fat.
Speaker 1: Overweight co worker asked me if I would rather get a cigarette burn or eat a deep fried mushroom. I chose the cigarette burn. They go what, and they'd say he's fat and overweight. I go, yeah, he's super redundant. Yeah, okay, I'm still leaning cigarette. You're eating the cigarette leaning? You guys need help.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: See this can't be duplicated or replicated or created by AI.
Speaker 2: No. I'm Robert, Hey, Robert Osport.
Speaker 1: We are all human all the time on the Power Trip Morning show. Yeah, we're old building, this whole building all the time. We're all here, We're what, We're in the Minnesota.
Speaker 3: Out of office email.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, Oh well, then you can completely check out for weeks on end Oh yeah, Front Page Sports is next is the Power Trip.
Speaker 2: Won't you show on your home for cigarette burns? The kind of like.
Speaker 1: Piece the toath.
Speaker 2: Oh billy, mmmm mmm mmm mmm mmm mmm.
Speaker 4: Don't worry, guys, I got it.
Speaker 2: What is going on with this mic?
Speaker 3: Take your time, It's cool.
Speaker 7: Join campaign justin guard this Sunday for a Vikings watch party unlike any other at the new, all new Hop House at Mystic Lake Casino. Don't miss him into the action on the giant wall TV displays. Enjoy the best seats, food and beverages, trivia and prize giveaways all game long.
Speaker 2: Hosted by JG.
Speaker 7: The party kicks off at noon times at Cafe dot com.
Speaker 1: Heward calendar presented by Holiday Station Stores all Right, Holiday Station Stores Celsius. You can get two for five, mix and match any flavors as Celsius.
Speaker 2: You want.
Speaker 1: A couple of different ounce sizes as well.
Speaker 2: I think it's like twelve and sixteen. Lots of options. Oh yeah, man, they get that new Sprits vibe.
Speaker 1: You can try that. When is that like winter flavors or something? Well, I forget what you said yesterday. Yeah, I'm sure exactly, but if you like, if you like Celsius, give that one a shot. You can mix and match any flavors you want. All right, let's start with the Minnesota Vikings. Kevin O'Connell, the head coach of the Minnesota Vikings, provided a couple of updates yesterday, both of them positive too, the two big ones.
Speaker 2: At least.
Speaker 1: He is quote very encouraged by the progress any concussion protocol for Ryan Kelly. Do you guys, both or all of you kind of assume that Ryan Kelly was maybe done for the and maybe done for his career.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Hawk, you're closer to the team, But yeah, I thought it was over as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would have guessed that too.
Speaker 1: Turned in the right way, though. I guess he's very encouraged that it's going the right way.
Speaker 2: So we'll see.
Speaker 1: What happens with Ryan Kelly and you know, hey, look, friend of the Power to a morning show Jonathan Grenard. It looked bad on Sunday when he was first down on the ground flopping around and that shoulder looked messed up.
Speaker 2: It was like, uh oh, this is not good. Not good.
Speaker 1: But it sounds like he avoided serious injury. And Kevin O'Connell is saying, look, he might play against the Bears, so we'll see how the rest of the week goes. But he, according to a lot of their initial reports, dodged the major bullet, which is good. No serious shoulder injury. Yeah, that's a good thing. They need him, especially down this stretch of games they have. He provides a great pass rush, he's a great leader. They really really need him. We need him, Yeah, we do as well. Yeah that fell since here. This is very nice, is it not true?
Speaker 2: I mean?
Speaker 1: The Philadelphia Eagles beat the Packers ten to seven.
Speaker 2: Terrible.
Speaker 1: Brandon McManus attempted a round a sixty four yard ers time expired.
Speaker 2: That was just a bit outside. That was hideous. That game was zero zero at half.
Speaker 1: That was the first scoreless game at halftime in the NFL since.
Speaker 2: I saw it. I think they posted it at halftime.
Speaker 1: I don't say it then if you saw it, that was the first scoreless game at halftime in the NFL since Hmmm, I'm asking because it's gettable.
Speaker 7: This is very Gettably, there's got him in like a snow Last year. Yeah, I was gonna say last year maybe more than nothing.
Speaker 3: Nothing.
Speaker 4: When we played the Raiders in.
Speaker 1: Vegas, Raiders Vikings in Vegas. It was December tenth, twenty twenty three. The Vikings won three nothing, and it was the most boring football game I've ever been to in my life.
Speaker 2: Notably not a snow game.
Speaker 7: No, it was.
Speaker 2: We won, but it felt like football lost. It was so bad.
Speaker 1: That was the game that Dobbs through the hospital ball. Oh that was to Jefferson, right, yeah, right, did he actually go to the hospital.
Speaker 2: It's a true hospital ball.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And that was like his first game back, and that's what happened. Oh man, and Dobbs just looked like the Dobbs run was over. It was like this kid can't do it. It was fun for a couple of weeks. That game was brutal. Luckily I didn't watch it last night. It sounds like must didn't either. I watched the majority of it. There's something wrong with that Packers offense. They just Jordan Love was twenty and thirty six for one hundred and seventy six yards, no touchdowns. He as charge pointed out last night, he makes unbelievably weird mistakes for somebody who's a three year starter, Like he just gave the ball up.
Speaker 2: He had a bad fumble that that that was bad. They just don't have any rhythm to them.
Speaker 1: And everybody always says you need like an a one starter at wide receiver, and they just have like a bunch of b's and c's, and it's just it's not good.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: You lose to Carolina, that's bad. But then you lose at home, I don't know, man, and Philly didn't even look that good.
Speaker 2: You got to win that game. You gotta put up more than seven points. Idios. So Philadelphia goes to three and oh against the Packers in.
Speaker 1: The last two NFL seasons. Yeah, yeah, I thought the Packers were going to one defeated. The Eagles host Detroit on Sunday night. That's gonna be a hell of a game. And the Packers are at the New York Giants. Yeah, on Sunday with a new head coach, and I would bet probably without Jackson Dart who's had like four concussions.
Speaker 2: You guys see that yesterday.
Speaker 1: Evaluating for four, which is and Adam Schefter said last night during the Monday Night football pre game that that is one of the reasons that they fired Brian Dable because Dabell like interfered a couple.
Speaker 2: Times and he was in the tent, like they brought him out after like two seconds. Not good.
Speaker 1: The Giants did fire head coach Brian Daball after they blew another big lead on Sunday. Offensive coordinator Mike Kofko will take over his interim head coach. Dave Ball was eleven and thirty three over his past three seasons. He was nine to seven and one in his first season, and he won a playoff game.
Speaker 2: Yeah it beat the Vikings with Daniel Jones, is correct? Yep? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Was that the game where Cousins through short Yeah yeah, yeah, that was a tough loss. They should have won that game. But here we are, here we are yeah, hi, yeah, hello over there, Hello, Dable's out. Whatever, They're a problem, not ours.
Speaker 2: Well, it's true.
Speaker 1: The Timberwolves beat Utah by forty on Friday night for the NBA Cup. They beat him by seven last night and had thirty five. The whole team couldn't hit threes except for Ant. Yeah, they were mostly terrible. Actually, the Wolves were five of twenty four from three if you don't count Ant, yeah, it was five of nine. So is the point one the NBA Cup bit that those games are on Fridays. I think you have to win by as many as you can. Isn't there like a points margin? Bit?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think Friday was just I mean, ultimately you have to win, but there is I think a tiebreaker? Is point differential? Oh yeah, well they hopefully own that because they crushed that team. But if you really, really, really, really cared about running up the score, you wouldn't put the scrubs in for most of the fourth. You'd leave the starters in and run it up. So ultimately, once you in the game, I know, it's like, like, let's make these games matter, Let's make these guys try. Let's give the NBA community something to talk about in November and December. I don't I don't think anybody really cares. I mean, yeah, it's kind of cool. The courts are different. It gives us something to talk about.
Speaker 2: But I don't know. And hopefully the Wolves can win it. That would be great.
Speaker 1: Up next day, four game homestand for the Wolves, including Sacramento on Friday night seven o'clock.
Speaker 2: The Wolves are.
Speaker 1: Six in the West. Oklahoma City is ten in one. My god, and Wendy and the Spurs are eight and two. Those are their top two teams in the West. Your dad pick them to win the whole thing.
Speaker 2: I did too, but I jumped on his bandwagon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good for you, they're good, man. We got to well hang on. Picking them to win is different than betting on them.
Speaker 2: Betting on them. Sorry, we just got good value. Way good Yeah, good value. Yeah, well done. Man. Let's see what's a long shot.
Speaker 1: Yeah but still though, with Wemby, you can win every game, every game, you sure can.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, Let's see what their current odds are. Take your time, Hang on one second, cheer they are thirty five to one.
Speaker 1: You got them worse than that, right, No, that's almost exactly where r I got. So they haven't moved yet, even though even though they're eight and two. But good for them. They have wemb We don't right. What really matters is next scores and stats around the world, the sports in between. Chris will change your life with something else. This is the power to wanted to on the fan.
Speaker 7: We all remember that one teacher who made a difference, who believed in us, challenged us, or just made learning Fun's your chance to say thank you in a big way with Iheartradios, Thank a Teacher powered by donors Choose nominated an outstanding public school teacher who's gone above and beyond for their students to win five thousand dollars to stock their classroom with whatever they need. Help us say thank you to the educators shaping our future. Nominate your favorite teacher now at iHeartRadio dot com slash teachers.
Speaker 4: Welcome back to Pat your morning show.
Speaker 3: Yes, speaking of the teachers, let's see what I just dreaded.
Speaker 1: Shout out to my music teacher, by the way, Dewey Finn. Oh, mister Finn was fantastic. Taught me some true appreciation for rock. So shout out to mister Finn.
Speaker 3: Minneaples Educators union and school district agreed to raise teachers pay in the lower class sizes, so good for them. Thanks SEPs on for negotiations. The two sides came together Monday to reach an agreement. So good, that's some good news for some of the teachers out there. Good good job, thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's great. That is so true. Help much matters.
Speaker 1: I know this is a bad example, but the giant classes at the University of Minnesota that had a couple hundred kids in an auditorium that was nap time, right, Because you're in the back of the auditorium, they don't.
Speaker 2: Care that you're there or there, and it's like whatever. This is just like watching a Ted talk. I'm going to just check out.
Speaker 1: You get a class with twenty kids as opposed to two hundred, you're going to focus more. And obviously at the grade school level, middle school level, high school level. You get thirty plus, you start to start to become a number a little bit. Keep those class sizes low. You get to more one on one time. The Hot Taste class you had probably twenty twenty. Yeah, I think we were in the thirty thirty five, right, that's a lot of kids. Yeah, yeah, twenties is way better. Twenty five is fine.
Speaker 2: You get twenty five, you get thirty plus, it start to get a little dicey. Yeah, that's what really matters. What really matters is.
Speaker 1: The rest of this here we go upright, So the baseball scandal fallout continues. Did you see that most of the major US sports books now are going to establish a two hundred dollars limit on baseball bets for individual pitches, and they are going to prohibit them from being included in parlays to decrease or completely.
Speaker 2: Minimize the incentive for manipulation.
Speaker 1: I saw those pitches you were talking about yesterday. Yeah, it's polite, straight into the ground.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So DraftKings and fan Duel and others continue to say they're going to do anything they can to help curb corruption and manipulation because ultimately it's really bad for their business.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Can you think about this for a second, though. We all on this show love gambling, Yes, sir, my favorite thing. I freaking love it. We're all on different levels, degenerate gamblers. Can you imagine not having an inside source and betting two hundred dollars on a pitch? I mean, just whether it's going to be a ballorus strike that is z jam. Yeah, I freaking love it. I got a lot of respect for that, but just to go, I'm going to bet two hundred bucks the first pitch in the fourth is a strike?
Speaker 2: All right, man, all right?
Speaker 1: To see at the meetings?
Speaker 2: Yeah, correct?
Speaker 1: What really matters is this?
Speaker 3: So I was throwing together my what really matters last night and I saw the following sentence. On this date today, eleven eleven, which is Veteran's Day, police made a grizzly discovery in Dorothea Pointe's lawn and that sounded intriguing. So I looked up Dorothea Puente and here's what I found. An American convicted serial killer. In the nineteen eighty she ran a boarding house in Sacramento, California, and murdered various elderly and mentally disabled borders before cashing in their social Security checks. Pointe's total count reached about nine. She was convicted of three, the jury hung on the other six. She was dubbed the death House land Lady. Never heard of her before?
Speaker 1: Why do I feel like we could have come up with a better name than Death House Land. Later, there's a documentary I think it was Netflix called like Worst Roommates Ever.
Speaker 2: Louis seen it. Yeah, and she was she was part of it. She like buried half a min her yard. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Strangely enough, when when I was reading this, it was like, I was like, well, how'd they catch her? They asked her if they could dig in her yard, and she said sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean right, say no, I mean that's also very yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Uh.
Speaker 1: Tellean is well, no, no, no, I don't want you digging up my yard for the bear. I mean no, I didn't bear anything there.
Speaker 3: I mean the police officer said he looked in her backyard and it was obvious there's been some some holes dug back there. Oh yeah, it's like, hey, guy, go ahead and take a look. And she goes sure. And then thirty minutes later he discovered her first body and she went zinks.
Speaker 4: And slipped away.
Speaker 2: Yep, yeah, they had.
Speaker 4: They took him about three days to find her. They did. They found it pretty quick.
Speaker 2: Death house landlady.
Speaker 4: Death House land lady. Yep, yep, that's right, Sauce.
Speaker 2: Your hand is a woodhowk I mean? She's mean?
Speaker 5: She is mean.
Speaker 4: I mean there's some good parts, you know.
Speaker 2: She's mean.
Speaker 3: She's dedicated, she's got an angle, she's got.
Speaker 1: Some cash, She gets her she gets her hands dirty. She's willing to do landscaping. She's going to do some hard labor.
Speaker 4: She might take me out of this cold existence.
Speaker 2: But she's gonna get you some money so you can do more gambling.
Speaker 4: But she's not attractive.
Speaker 2: No, it's scary looking too. I mean, let's not be mean. I don't get to good and be mean.
Speaker 4: Not an attractive lady.
Speaker 1: So you're a serial killer, officionadore with a better name than death house land lady, go okay for exactly what she did.
Speaker 2: What would be a better nickname the murder and grandmother. But she wasn't a grandmother. Yeah she might have been, though she's an old lady. Oh, she wasn't an old lady. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The murdering without a g Yeah, the murdering grandmother, Dorothy the death.
Speaker 2: Dealer, thank you. Well, you know that's good, is she?
Speaker 1: She would take in, as Hawk said, like the mentally handicapped and like these people that were like you know, homeless, because she knew no one would go looking for them and then they would just die and she got away with it for a long time. She's scary looking. The wild host San Jose to night at seven o'clock right here on the fan the Wild one two rip over a Calgary on Sunday, yesper of Volstead. With the shutout. The Wild have won four out of their last five. There now seven seven and three. The Wild have a five game homestand there are four games left in that five game homestand San Jose, then Anaheim, then Vegas and then Carolina.
Speaker 2: What really matters, though.
Speaker 3: Is this, As I mentioned earlier, today is a veteran's day. At the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month, nineteen eighteenth, the Great War ended five am in the morning Germany. They said that we can't do no more, and so they signed their armist disagreement on a railroad car in France. Lots of different things happened on this day, involving different wars and different things, but specifically as well, a lot of massacres, including the Cherry Valley massacer in seventeen seventy eight, which that was during the American Revolution in seventeen seventy eight, poor leadership led to the Cherry Valley massacer. Strangely enough, the General General Nathaniel D.
Speaker 4: iHeart.
Speaker 3: I mean, I was sitting on my capsul list and I was like, does that seem ironic to anybody else. It's just me and my cat, and she didn't find it ironic at all.
Speaker 1: Oh hey, if there is a World War three in the next I don't know, let's say a handful of years. I feel pretty good about the fact that Germany is not going to be on the wrong side this time unless they flip, you know what I'm saying. I don't know, man, you don't trust them.
Speaker 2: I don't know. If you're much of a history buff, I know they're all for two.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying they really have not ever been That's what I'm saying. But if you if it started today, what side would they be on? I think they're on the right side. I sure hope. So wow, you have no faith in the Germans? Well, I mean you got to earn that faith. You better hope they lose it.
Speaker 2: This is going to be on record killed nine million people once exactly on me, and World War three would be terrible, well said, thank you, that would be all. I don't know.
Speaker 7: As my guy says, it's amazing that they're even allowed to be a country anymore.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, they tried to take on the world. Yeah, that's the best padding norms the best. He's very funny, alright.
Speaker 1: P Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow officially returned to practice limited capacity, but he opened that twenty one day window to return from IR. Sounds like the record of the Bengals might impact the decision, but he is hoping to be back by Thanksgiving night when the Bengals are at the Baltimore Ravens. That's what he's aiming for. I don't know, we'll see, said, he's feeling good. But they are three and six. Yeah, I think they've lost. Is it five out of six without him? Yeah, something like that. They've given up let's see, or I have it right here one second. One of us gone too soon. They've given up forty seven, thirty nine, thirty one.
Speaker 2: Only if she's five to three forty eight, they just get blown out. They're bad. What really matters, though, is this on this date.
Speaker 4: I wasn't this date anyway.
Speaker 3: President McKinley was in nineteen oh one, the Best Surgeon Round was in the middle of a different operation, and he turned to the person who said, we need you, mister Best Surgeon Round, and he said, I can't. I'm in the middle of an operation. They're like, well, you got to you gotta do this now, we need you, And he said I wouldn't be able to leave. I don't care if it's a president that got shot. He was told later it was the president got shot. Yeah at the time, Wow, he had no idea, but he actually said those words, I don't care if it's the president. Bitch, get out here. Yeah, move re started singing Luda real dumb question. Are they legally required to stay?
Speaker 2: I would I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean I would imagine so because you're in the middle of a let's say the one he's performing is a life saving operation. To what he just said, apparently it doesn't matter if it's a president, the pope George Clooney, Yeah, I mean part of I assume that's like a hip a thing right where it's like you have to you don't just get to even abandoned somebody and let them lose their life because they're not as famous as somebody else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'd get the hell suit out of you. You get the hell suit out of you even if you're dead. The guy's dead, well, yeah, but your family would sue the hell out of you. Yeah, States and whatnot. Yeah, be bad.
Speaker 4: He was in the middle of a neck dissection.
Speaker 2: Grody, get out of there. You're going to need that because you've had tech nek. Yeah, well you have a bad back. I had it fixed. Did you sure? Did you really?
Speaker 1: Seven years ago surgery doctor said I needed a beckyatomy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll probably need that my next falling apart my head technik.
Speaker 1: The Vikings hoast the Bears New and on Sunday right here on the fan. The Bears have won six of their last seven football games they started into. One of those losses, of course, was to the Minnesota Vikings. The Vikings are four and five, Bears have won six to seven, and the Vikes are three point favorites, and that line keeps going in the Vikings favor.
Speaker 2: I don't know, a little surprise, but we'll see. Yeah, Vikes one.
Speaker 1: You know what the sneaky bet is. If you're out there and you want to gamble nine and a half in the over for the first quarter. Both of those teams are excellent when it's scripted. Plays nine and a half over first quarter. Sounds like you have inst information.
Speaker 2: I don't. I got it from Power Trip bets. He told me that.
Speaker 1: I got a hot tip about a guy throwing a ball the first pitch of the third inning. If you want in, is it going in the dirt, right in the dirt? Well, I'm in right in the dirt. More of what really matters after this, it's the powers I want.
Speaker 2: To show on the fan.
Speaker 7: Hey Wolves fans, it's a Timberwolves talk Back Tuesday, and we have your shot at tickets to this Saturday's Prince in Spire City edition game. Tap the microphone in the kfan page and the radio app and give us your best dunk call. Winners will be selected all and emailed all day long in the full list of rules.
Speaker 2: If dot Com keyword contests.
Speaker 3: Didn't win for the Wolves last night's.
Speaker 1: Your coach in basketball coming out of halftime.
Speaker 2: Build enough of lucushion to be able to survive. You know, a bunch of late threes by them.
Speaker 1: You know, we didn't have a particularly good shooting night, but you know Aunt carried us and Julius carried us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, great win, man, seven and four. They're a good team. Man. I still would make a move for a point guard, but that's just me. Nothing.
Speaker 1: Nothing is a shot in the arm more than playing the jazz a couple of times a week, and they have to play Sacramento again on Friday. Grace just hideous, terrible. Yeah, so Wolves in the third quarter? Man, that was awesome.
Speaker 2: Go Wolves? Hello? Yeah? Are you okay? Zach? Your MIC's donner all eyes North?
Speaker 3: What m what?
Speaker 2: Wolves back?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm just concurring that the Wolves are good. I'm never one hundred percent sure you're using English words. No, I did a lot of Spanish back in the day.
Speaker 4: It's time for the Niners, right.
Speaker 1: Here's more of what really matters. Gopher football at Oregon Friday at eight o'clock.
Speaker 2: Oregon is eight and one. The Gophers are six and three.
Speaker 1: Oregon has the number one pass defense in college football. They only give up one hundred and twenty six point one yards a game in the air, and they have the sixth best scoring defense, just thirteen point eight points a game.
Speaker 2: They are now a twenty five and a half point favorite. My guess is you're on the Ducks. I don't know. That's a lot.
Speaker 1: I yeah, I would probably take Yeah, Oregon. That's a lot of points though. Man, the Gophers offense can score, but Oregon doesn't give up a lot of points. That's a if you give up fourteen points a game, right, Let's say the Gophers put up fourteen, you gotta score thirty nine or forty.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Can they do it? I mean they can be definitely can ken Yeah.
Speaker 1: And they're at the point in the season though, And hogs Daddy knows this because he watches a lot of college football. You've got at this point when you play teams like the Gophers, you've got to beat the hell out of them because of all of those style points matter in the college football ranking.
Speaker 2: You got to pound teams.
Speaker 1: But what really matters is this.
Speaker 3: Krispy Kreme returns to Minnesota this week after a seventeen year hiatus. Grant opening fan fair expected to draw huge crowds. I drove right by it. It's in Fridley Giant Building. The Krispy Kremes opens tomorrow at eight eight.
Speaker 2: Just one, just the one. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'm not trying to say this is like Germany in the World War, But didn't we learn their lesson the first time that they put Krispy Kreams about every six feet and it epically failed. I would hope they slow roll it just a little bit more to make sure it works before they go all in on the Twin Cities, right, that was their problem. Yeah, there was way too many of them.
Speaker 3: It took over a twelve thousand square foot space. There was formerly a CBS right on the corner. I mean you can literally see it from maybe six ninety four as you're driving along down there, big giant building and it looks like an old school krispy Kreme.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm trying to dr sweet the ones I remember for krispy Kreme they were much smaller buildings. So a CBS is that's going to be a giant A lot of donuts.
Speaker 2: The one in them, ma all was sweet when you could see it being made and everything. Oh that just got me.
Speaker 1: All the twelve thousand square feet better have a window where you can watch that glaze waterfall fall on top of the doughnuts.
Speaker 7: Sucks that movie. Yeah, I got kicked out for it. Chasing Waterfalls, They're so good when they're hot and fresh. Ten out of too Chasing Clayze Falls.
Speaker 1: Gopher basketball is at Missouri tomorrow at seven o'clock. The Gophers are two and Ohero and Gopher transfer cad Ticon is averaging twenty five and.
Speaker 2: A half through two games. What really matters is this, Well I mentioned it.
Speaker 3: It's a Veterans Day, it's a federal holiday. Expect some closures Veterans Day. Expect most bank branches to be closed. Atm is obviously still available. The mail won't be running today, but the UPS and fed Ex services probably will.
Speaker 4: Libraries closed, Oh Man On Street. Parking meters are free in Minneapolis.
Speaker 2: Oh hell yeah.
Speaker 4: So if you're going somewhere, check, I guess, you know, just check to make sure before you go because it might be close.
Speaker 2: Well there's that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, celebrate.
Speaker 1: If you went to bed early because the game was the most boring game you've ever seen. The Eagles did hold on and beat the Packers ten to seven. The Eagles are up to seven and two, the Packers fall to five, three and one. They had a super long field goal at the buzzer to try.
Speaker 2: To tie it up.
Speaker 1: To be honest, it wasn't even close. I'm like, sixty four.
Speaker 2: Yard No, it was not. It went way, way, way left. It was not good. Zero zero At halftime.
Speaker 1: They tried to kick it with they had five seconds left and then I think the fewer and the whatever his name is, Jordan Love were like, we should probably run.
Speaker 2: Another play, speaking of Germany. Yeah, and they tried to run one.
Speaker 1: More play and it was such a bad pass that they kicked it with like a second or two left.
Speaker 2: Well, you stayed up to the end. I woke up at the end of it. I fell asleep at like the third quarter. It was boring. Yeah, football man, football whales.
Speaker 3: What really matters, though, is this The share boys and girls who say they meet up with friends almost daily outside of school hours has declined by nearly fifty percent since they early nineteen nine.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised it's not significantly more than that. Wow.
Speaker 1: You know when you would run up to the playground of the park and you realized everybody was already up there and you were the last one, You're like, oh, how long have you guys been up here? And then you felt you missed everything? Right, That's how they feel now with digital groups. It's like, you guys have all been playing roadblocks for an hour?
Speaker 2: Well what did I like?
Speaker 1: It's if you're not in that group, you're you're missing out. They get off the bus, they all find their friends digitally. It's crazy. It's nuts, man, man. When you would and this comes from a you know, an avid indoorsman. When you would go up to the park as a kid and there was already like a kickball game going, You're like, this is the best.
Speaker 2: It was awesome they let you play.
Speaker 1: I mean no, I was winded walking to the park, so I needed to sit for like five or six Indians and then I would stand at first base and yell out demands.
Speaker 2: Was about it. I was a waistcoats and yeah, always keep going, great job. I want to make the trek back home. Wish me luck.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: That sucks for kids, but uh it does. Whatever. Man, We're all super lonely, way too lonely. Yeah, yeah, amen, brother, we don't have to be lonely at Farmers only dot com. Talk about it.
Speaker 1: I didn't click on the the interview or this article because it's a behind a paywall and start youbune dot com.
Speaker 2: But I'm gonna read the headline.
Speaker 1: Did you guys see the Derek Shelton headline about how many people were on the list?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, two or three?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Damn it, you stepped on my touchdown. I'm gonna have you guys, guests.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Sorry, here's the headline on startybune dot com. Howll the Twins narrowed the list of manager candidates from eighty to one before hiring Derek Shelton.
Speaker 2: Then the little sub headline is there.
Speaker 1: Were seven people who received interviews and the team tried to leave no stone unturned.
Speaker 2: Eighty names, Max, did you interview? They turned me over? Apparently? Wow, eighty man, eighty that seems like too many. That's a lot. Yeah, but you know, you got to get it right, and I think they did. Great dude, Great dude. I hope he takes care of his kids. Yeah, how mean does he have eighty?
Speaker 3: I might be getting him confused with Stefan Diggs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think who currently has four women pregnant?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think I read that yesterday.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we talked about it yesterday, and I believe my exact.
Speaker 2: Joke was, we've all been there. Yeah. I think you get a set of stake knives for that.
Speaker 3: They asked him why he had four different women pregnant, and he said, because I couldn't get the fifth one whoa knocked up.
Speaker 2: He said that. He said that on the record, direct quote.
Speaker 4: It's on record.
Speaker 2: I'll go back to that video. Man from the Vikings locker room. Who was that that did that series?
Speaker 1: He asked everybody in the team, well, I have that audio somewhere and it's basically who would you not want your sister to date? And everybody on the team, no one hesitated, no one was.
Speaker 2: Like, let me think about this.
Speaker 1: Everybody said Digs within the first point two seconds. And then when he asked Diggs, he said a lot of people are saying he's like me, I'm a great guy. What are you talking about? One second, buddy, yeah, uh you know, immediately said what do they all have against nieces and nephews? I mean, did you see him on the time on Family Feud when he was doing the fast money we played, Yeah, we played that. It's just the best, Like, come on, man, yeah, let me see if I can find these bits he's it's still worth it.
Speaker 2: Hmmmm. Man. We got a lot of stuff on digs audio over the years, too much. And he was great when he was here.
Speaker 4: He's still pretty good.
Speaker 2: He's good. He's locker room leader now for the Patriots. It's actually kind of cool to see.
Speaker 1: He's like reheating up though. Right for a couple of years it looked like his career was over. Now he's like red hot all of a sudden again. It looks like he's got it back.
Speaker 2: We'll see.
Speaker 1: He has probably the most iconic play in Viking's history, right, yeah, sure, for sure.
Speaker 2: God that was snailed, every part of it. It was so good. The helmet toss, he definitely nailed every part of it. Yeah, you did.
Speaker 1: What really matters is this today?
Speaker 3: I learned about the Dion quintuplets were born in nineteen thirty four. They were a media sensation, the first recorded quintuplets to survive infancy.
Speaker 4: Born to poor people. Go ahead, I know you're ask him, Go.
Speaker 2: Ahead, saw how many babies is that? Oh?
Speaker 1: Five?
Speaker 2: Boom five?
Speaker 3: With a whispered question mark, yeah, you got it, born to poor people. The Canadian authorities took the children and turned the window tors attraction called Quentland ooh, twenty five five identical girls.
Speaker 4: Stefan Diggs, said.
Speaker 2: Sprinkler.
Speaker 1: He asked for an hour glass that lasted exactly eighteen years.
Speaker 4: All five survived to adulthood.
Speaker 2: Oh well that's good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, the last one I believe is still alive. That'd be a net.
Speaker 1: Think so back in the day, though, Oh my gosh, all your hands up a net, would hag what you wear to say she was born nineteen thirty five yeteen thirty four?
Speaker 4: Yeah for sure, iabd ninety one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's next to the elderly m I just can't get over.
Speaker 7: Like like how you said that was the first ones that actually survived through infancy. So basically, if they knew you were going to have like four or five babies like quintuplets, most of the time before that, all the time before that, a couple of them died.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah damn again, just like yesterday, we got lucky. We were born essentially in the best possible time to be born.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got to answer this text quickly. I don't know, Rosie, where you can get eighteen year hour glasses. Okay there, Wow he texted you that. Yeah, he just wanted to know at six fift said check Etsy or Pinterest.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Yeah, Rose, brush your teeth first. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I took a deep break maybe the day like put syrup on your waffles, brother, Yeah, take a deep breath.
Speaker 2: You still have like a cat to feet or something. Yeah, yeah, I think so. He likes cats. We all got a cat to feed need that in Like a poster asked this, do be hairless cat hogs?
Speaker 4: No, my son does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but I do not. Does your cat still have no teeth?
Speaker 4: She got a few in there if she learns to listen.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: We when I when we got her, you know, she'd she'd been living on the streets, you know, eating too much chocolate or something on them. She never brushed them, them things, and so we had to have him ripped out of her face. Now she got a couple of them in there. It's kind of funny to watch her eat because a lot of times, you know, she eats that hard food and she gets about you know, if she puts five of them in her mouth, she swallows about two of them because the rest of them flop out of there. You got enough teeth. She's cute as hell, but sheh't got her teeth. Oh it's like my cat's sort of like a West Virginia grandma. Cute as hell with a few just a few teeth left.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh yeah, worms your heart.
Speaker 3: I don't got worms in her heart. I give her the medicine.
Speaker 1: Ches.
Speaker 2: I don't think you yah, let me I get to answer this text quickly.
Speaker 1: Hang on. I don't know where you can get them toothless and Hairless, West Virginia, somebody else. Okay, the Loons in Minnesota, United take on San Diego in the MLS playoffs November twenty fourth. That's a thing that a handful of people care about, so I said it. What really matters is this war.
Speaker 4: Elephants were used by the British during World War Two.
Speaker 2: What a great name for a band.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're only only for non combat purposes. Apparently they were used in Burma in both retreat and liberation war elephants.
Speaker 1: Wow, Why am I blanket on the dude? They took him over the Alps. Was it like Hannibal or something? What was that guy's name that took the elephants?
Speaker 3: I think Hannibal?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Hannibal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I believe the original tanks, right, guy that eight people's liver the same? Yeah, he was also a military leader.
Speaker 4: Oh Hannibal.
Speaker 2: I did not know that. I don't know if anything I just said is correct.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it's true. It's wife's tale, but I know that Hannibal was responsible for something like that. Yeah, wow, my liberation liberations awesome? Yeah, man, let's go get out of here.
Speaker 2: Get on that elephant, right, someone just comes to save your life. An elephant?
Speaker 1: Up on?
Speaker 2: Brother?
Speaker 4: Do I have to ride the elephant?
Speaker 2: Would you ride an elephant? I've done that. It's cool? Did it? The old uh?
Speaker 1: Like San Diego Zoo like forty years ago? I think I was like, I don't know whatever, I.
Speaker 4: Need to take the obvious joker.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you can ride me if you want. What was that? That's the noise they make with their nose. With their nose, I thought you were back in World War two again. I liked. I like the hand motion you did too to represent a horse.
Speaker 3: Dude, you don't know what an elephant is.
Speaker 1: Those are spirit fingerst impression again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's not right.
Speaker 1: Helicopter, I can't do that. That's a horse with a limp wristed hand shape.
Speaker 2: That's okay. Yeah, oh my she said horse not horror. Yeah, oh Christopher, I this is not good. You're gonna get mad. But I thought about you during Jeopardy yesterday.
Speaker 1: They were they were I don't remember what the category was, but it ended up the question was basically which president was five foot four? And I think it was Madison, And I thought you know because historically like height projects power. Right, I'm taller than you, I'm bigger than you, I'm more important than you, right whatever, Like Lincoln, Lincoln was like nine feet tall.
Speaker 3: Even, yeah, all of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess Madison was five four. Now that dude must have had a Napoleon complex, right, wasn't Napoleon something like five five or something like that? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think it was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you would have towered over president uh Madison.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you know nobody, nobody tweeted about it, you know, so that people didn't know.
Speaker 2: No, people didn't know. Good point people, right, I think it was Madison five four.
Speaker 4: I think that's right.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Dolly Madison was, uh was his wife? She had some donuts, donuts she did. You never had Dolly Madison donuts. Didn't have those up here?
Speaker 2: No, No, really, my hostess, no idea what you're talking about? I know, yes, maybe, well he's done kidding.
Speaker 1: I've never heard of those Dolly Madison Madison.
Speaker 2: No, Dolly Madison murders.
Speaker 3: You guys thought I was talking about boobies, did I?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Why wonder what's we assumed? Yeah?
Speaker 5: They are?
Speaker 1: You always talk about knockers. Dolly's don't gems. Yeah, man, I have never seen these before.
Speaker 4: I think they're still for sale.
Speaker 2: It looks like they are.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think you get them with the powder the choate.
Speaker 2: They're a Walmart. According to walmart.
Speaker 7: Dot com, they get Dolly Madison chocolate zingers. Never heard of the oh and zonkers? Hey hawk, this computer over here is logged onto your Amazon. Can I buy a bunch of these?
Speaker 3: Who cares?
Speaker 1: Anybody wants some oatmeal cream pies?
Speaker 2: Oh, hold the oatmeal, for God's.
Speaker 4: All right, don't wait to top that one.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna leave it alone.
Speaker 4: Man, the Great You think Dorothya Puente is still alive?
Speaker 2: You need somewhere to.
Speaker 4: Dig one more hole.
Speaker 1: But he was just next morning, Gallander is here.
Speaker 2: This is the Power Trip Morning Show on the fan. Listen