Speaker 1: And it is friends a share the show choosday. That's right, everybody. That's when you spread the word about this show. It's very easy to do. Just hit somebody up, tell your friend via text, email or otherwise. Hey, I think you should check out this show. Here's a link. Presto bingo. You shared the show just like that. How is everybody doing on a chooday? Tired?
Speaker 2: Ready to party?
Speaker 1: Are you tired? Whether you're still the fall thing or what? It's still the baby thing that doesn't fall? No, Jackson the time change. Jackson just turned to everybody just in case you didn't know, is he is he fully into this hole?
Speaker 3: He was terrible, very terrible. Yeah, he was already the thing, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I got you. I got you. He was.
Speaker 3: No, has been up like earlier than normal, but now that that normal or his his clock is different than my clock. Now I'm like waking up at like seven fifteen, which for me is Sville.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's abnormal. Yeah, he's not on that that time. What's the worst thing he's doing it too? Is it just running around and getting into stuff? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well you know I said that I yesterday on doll Mic. But it's going to come as no surprise to you that my house is on full on transitioned from Halloween to Christmas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I knew that. I knew that. I mean, look, I knew your wife. It's like your wife has a lever, and the moment the Halloween clock ticks down and hits midnight, the lever is hit and then all of the Christmas decorations come up. And you know what. I went around this neighborhood yesterday. She and alone. Man, no people are It's a quick flip.
Speaker 4: I tried to say, can we wait until middle of month for Christmas?
Speaker 5: Staff?
Speaker 2: And then I sent a screenshot of.
Speaker 4: Sea Lean's A Lovely Wife saying that Nicole had only seen one of the four Christmas trees that were up as Jackson was evering my birthday present. So I have no argument at this point. I guess Christmas starts next week for me.
Speaker 1: People move quickly on this. Now. My neighborhood was like, just like that, all of a sudden, there was somebody across the street. They had their one minute, they had all their Halloween decorations up. Next they got all the Christmas stuff up and ready to go.
Speaker 3: Wow, and your neighbor and I have those permanent lights in common, so that transition happens domn near instantly, which is.
Speaker 2: Also a great move.
Speaker 4: I was just talking to somebody who got a quote to put up Christmas lights twenty five hundred dollars. No, okay, Christmas lights, which I immediately said, you're being scammed fifteen.
Speaker 1: When you say, Chris mislid. So how elaborate are we talking about? For twenty five hundred.
Speaker 4: Dollars bush along the roof, something that will have to be taken down immediately? I go, have you not considered the all year round lights that are the Govi's.
Speaker 3: I think I spent less than twenty five hundred dollars getting them and having them put up by somebody else, and they stay up forever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, it's great. It's by the season or mood.
Speaker 1: You do have to be the light guy then, But what does that mean? Yeah? I mean you, You and my neighbor. You're both out there in the front yard with your app changing your lights on the trim of your house. You're like, what is what? And I'm like, wow, okay, cool cool, And he's like a little kid with a brand new remote control car.
Speaker 3: The worst thing you can ask me, is how much can you do with those lights? Like one of the different things to do.
Speaker 1: Allow me to show you.
Speaker 3: You know, we had all these people partying in the cul De Sact for Halloween and they're asking me.
Speaker 1: Questions about these lights. How much they costs? Were they easy? Are they easy to use? Like, let me just show you, just show you, because not.
Speaker 4: Only do you have like the settings and based on season or mood or lifestyle, but you also have they have created a social media in which you can share custom d I want light settings so cool.
Speaker 3: And then not for nothing else, but the like the biggest flex when somebody has never seen these before is I go, oh, you want to see how it works?
Speaker 1: Cool?
Speaker 6: Ready?
Speaker 3: And then I would I would turn on the microphone, you know, to sing it to music, and then just hold it up like bust a beat, Yeah, give me a little beat, pops, and when you go the lights, you know, they move with all of them. At the same time, I.
Speaker 4: Did something similar, but I was like, get in a fight with your girlfriend right here, right by this microphone, see how the lights react to it.
Speaker 1: I feel like this would be yet another thing if I had it that I would talk to courney about and her eyes would just glaze over, I mean inches thick, just glaze on top of the eyes. I do this already up. Oh my god, Courtney, baby, you got to see the new NDI that I added into the studio. And she said, you know, to just not even not even remotely interested in what's happening. So I'm staying away. But uh, if you've put up your Christmas decorations already, let us know that you've you've made the jump, and it's happened already your household. We'll see where everybody's at on that. Let's put our ears to the ground, our fingers of the pulse. Let's see what's happened in this great, big, wide world of ours. And we go to Louisiana. Everybody, what's their state motto? Louisiana we were theoms is New York the Empire State? I think New York you're the Empire state. I think I might begetting that wrong.
Speaker 3: Their motto is Union, Justice and confidence. Boy, that sucks done in my head.
Speaker 1: Would have never guessed that, Yeah, I know, no, that's uh. I hadn't heard that before. But they were doing their thing over in Louisiana. In Slide del Louisiana and uh where somebody had gone into one of their local stores and stolen some merchandise. Well, a cop in the state, they're the Pelican state, Okay, I mean yeah, it's still it's better than the other one. But a cop heard that there was shoplifting in progress and showed up and started chasing the shoplifter around, which is kind of hilarious in and of itself. But then he needed some help. So here we go. Let's listen in by the way, you want me to think you might have tookn something. You want me to think you might have stolen something out of the store. The moment a cop walks up to you, how you doing, ma'am? Answer, I didn't ask you if you have stolen any items from the store. Just immediately to that, I mean.
Speaker 7: From tell foot person for vilege, Whitely may break clop.
Speaker 2: From dillard First of all, dealers should be happy.
Speaker 1: And he one's going into the store, all right, Is this how you're supposed to operate law enforcement pros out there?
Speaker 3: He's getting he's the one that's allowed to chase him down. If the Dillard's employee chases him down, they get fired.
Speaker 1: But can I just say, wouldn't it be better for the chase if you weren't talking? Can you like if I ran full speed and then I ran full speed whilst talking like this, are not going to be slower when I'm talking.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but he's got the you know, other cops know what's happening. It's because I've heard it done very like much quicker in the past. It seems like he has not done both ever in his police career.
Speaker 1: This guy said, he's talking as he's running full.
Speaker 7: Speed from telling foot person for village break clop.
Speaker 1: Here we go. They're circling cars.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, that was not my that was not a honk on my sound effect, and somebody just gave him a hiccup.
Speaker 1: The shoplifter is running around in circles, and you might be wondering, like, who just honked that car? It may be an answer that you get here in a moment, all right, because the shoplifters on the run. She's circling cars in the parking lot, and the police officers circling the cars behind her like a cartoon or something. Get her sor's old.
Speaker 8: Maybe she's trying to get a car.
Speaker 1: She's getting in the car. What the super buick you out? Stop stop the vehicle, stop it. Oh he's gonna run the car three zero three walk ready h This is a regular ass civilian. This woman. Oh no way, she just got turned in to an instant cop because the cops.
Speaker 4: He got the go ahead to go drive as how she wants.
Speaker 1: He saying, go follow the car. How fun. We need to know the law on this. If I'm in a car and I see a police officer in the middle of a chase like this, if I pull up and the cop jumps in my passenger seat, am I now instat cop?
Speaker 4: Deputized tied immediately? Now, remember years ago when I was doing a Sabrina on the job and I was working with Crimeline and I did the bust. They were getting pistol pete and I had to wait in the cop car and I will never forget the cop looked at me. It was like, if anything goes down, you get in that driver's seat and you go away. And I got lights and all, I said, lights and all. So I was just hoping, I mean a little bit, that's something bad.
Speaker 1: Did I tell you where the lights were?
Speaker 2: It didn't matter.
Speaker 4: I hit all the buttons and I'm out, just all it once.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everything, every button that's like red, blue or black or whatever. Just hit them all and scoops up the cop and the cops like, let's know.
Speaker 3: One of my bigger regrets in my short stints and television. And we were doing a like a community access kind of thing at a fire station and getting a bunch of b roll and they let me climb in the fire truck and they said, watch out for this pedal down here. What this is something that I was learning at the time was that of the fire truck they have pedals or like foot stomp buttons for their for their loud horn and for some of the lights. So they're like, don't touch that. You could blow the horn at people. It was really going to startle them, and I just I just followed their directions like a little pussy.
Speaker 1: Well, this lady has a moment right in front of her. Here she jumps the cop jumps in the car and he's like go and she's already trying to spout off the license plate number. I got them. They went left and the left they're on the chase, baby, so weird. They're right there, they're going around the back there.
Speaker 7: They're turning right towards on the town center.
Speaker 1: Come on, let's go fast. I got him, Okay, I didn't do I didn't do nothing. I'm yeah, they got the getaway driver was the guy who's with her. And then that woman that was like, I just not nothing. She again is saying you didn't steal nothing.
Speaker 4: Just getting update that Dillard's has now close. Man, the only two customers that have been there.
Speaker 1: Wow, that was I'd never have heard of that happening before. But I really want to know. If you're in your car and a cop jumps in, he's like, there's a bad guy hit the gas. Am I permitted to break all sorts of laws?
Speaker 4: Do I have to use turn signals and stuff? Or ask them to put a seatbelt on?
Speaker 1: I have to be honest with you. The answer to these questions better be yes or I'm not helping.
Speaker 4: I'm not okay, but you're not going to be the guy who's like, get out, I've got a place to go.
Speaker 1: I will, I mean I will unless I'm getting something fun out of this circumstance. Do you let me break the laws? I'll take the key of the city and I'll just roll down the window.
Speaker 9: Kay to the city.
Speaker 1: You say, yeah, so you don't get in. I love the lady like it comes up to her still nothing.
Speaker 3: The crazy part was like the lady that gave him the ride. I don't know how long this ride seemed to last because of the cutting of the video, but I wonder if she found out later that it was just for some petty shoplifting and was like, oh, this seems excessive.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 3: She just sees a cop chasing a woman and then screaming into his you know, foot pursue Dillard's foot persuit, you know, and she probably thinks something crazier happened, you know, in the heat of the moment. Yeah, but then you find out that it's just for her grabbing a couple clearance rack shirts and not wanting to pay for them, and you go, this seemed like a waste of my time.
Speaker 1: Well that's what you have to ask. When the cop jumps in, he's like, go get it, go get him. But for what? What is it? What's the charge? I want to know if you say, like they did XYZ to a little kid, you know, I'm hitting the gas flying, they say, isis I don't know. I'm gonna think about it for a second. Then I have bombs or something. I'm I'm gonna process.
Speaker 4: They say, isis I'm going to say, can you grab a couple more people.
Speaker 1: From Also, I might start asking for things really quickly. If a cop jumps in and deputizes me, I might want a bulletproof vest very fast. Like if you don't mind, you got a bulletproof vest.
Speaker 4: On at the very least, anything here It uh.
Speaker 3: In the question that I'm writing down for Moses, if I officer a police if I offer a police officer help in pursuit, we want to know what laws were allowed to break?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Am I deputized? And then I added, is deputizing real?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's good, that's good. But put that at the end, you know it is well. We don't want them to pop the balloon too early. On No, No, a big election day out everybody who's voting, everybody voting. Let us know. It's an election day in a lot of different places out there, people taking to the ballot box, hosting their votes. In New York City, they're going to be voting for the mayor of New York City. The governor is up in a couple of locations.
Speaker 4: That's been shot nine times. I did Medical Marijuanas.
Speaker 1: It's not the biggest election year. There's stuff happening.
Speaker 3: They had for Saturday Night Live this past weekend, I think a fake or just mayoral debate, and Shane Gillis played who Sabrina was just quoting Sliwa.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, correctly.
Speaker 3: That was a hilarious bit because every time they pointed the camera at him, he had another running with the mafia or.
Speaker 1: Any of that stuff. Yeah. I mean, the crazy thing about this, hang on, let me see if I can bring this up here. The crazy thing about this is in New York City, the only people really contending for the mayor in any serious way are this Mam Donnie guy, the socialist dude, Cuomo the sex pest dude, and then this Curtis Sliwa guy who's been around forever in New York politics. He's Guardian Angels guy and all that. And if the if Curtis Sila would drop out, there would be a chance that Cuomo would win. So I think this is one of the latest polls here. Let me just bring this up, and they have Mom Donnie at forty three point nine percent in the latest poll for New York City Mayor Andrew Cuomo thirty nine point four in this particular poll, and then Curtis slow a fifteen point nine. So if you split that vote between Cuomo and Curtis Sliwa, you're going there. That could be enough to beat the socialist guy. But he doesn't want to drop out. And maybe they made fun of that in the SNL bit, but he keeps like they go, why don't you drop out. You're not gonna win, You're not gonna win. You're not gonna win because spoiler alert, he's not gonna win. He's not gonna be the next mayor of New York City. But one of the other two is and not really great candidates, any of them in my opinion, but you see a pretty tightish race. Mom Donnie is the favorite to win. And we'll get into that a little bit later. But that's just one of the elections that's out there today. And there's been some bomb threats. There's all sorts of stuff going on. Let's see what's going on. Over on Fox they're talking about how there's been bomb threats at some polling centers.
Speaker 10: Governor Mark Meredith is live in Montclair with the latest for.
Speaker 7: US Mark Whoa, Bryan and Lawrence. Good morning once again friends. Some brand new information coming into our newsroom that we've learned that these email these threats were communicated electronically via email to at least seven different counties across the Garden Sea. These threats certainly being taken seriously and in an abundance of cautions. Some of the polling places were temporarily either closed or suspended as they moved voters to different locations, and then as they were doing those searches, then either able to reopen some of the facilities. We got a statement from the Attorney General of New Jersey want to put up on the screen.
Speaker 1: So bottom line, this was another email threat. It's not very different from what happened at a lot of schools recently, a lot of colleges. We'll get these email threats and they originated from overseas a lot of times. I don't know if this one did, but it's tended to be something where it looks like there's international actors trying to disrupt things in the United States of America, which is pretty easy to do. I mean, you could just take one email, c see a bunch of polling centers, and then there you could sit at your desk in an office and watch all the cable news networks immediately start to react to the fact that the polling centers have seen bomb threats. It's not hard.
Speaker 4: And they can't not do anything about it. Even they're probably I don't know, eighty percent sure that it's a hoax, it's crude, God forbid, it is a real deal.
Speaker 2: Then they have to they have to do it.
Speaker 1: If you have one thousand hoaxes and one real one and you go, well, this is not going to be real and there's an actual bomb, your toast, people are going to eat you alive for doing that. So they have International actors have seen that there's this sort of flaw in America where you can hijack our system like this in some way. So I wouldn't put much into these voting day election day threats. But we'll see what's going on out there, and we'll see how this whole thing plays out. I know there was a cops absolutely everywhere outside these precincts where this was going down. This is just one of them here where there's just a line of cops a mile long outside the precinct and area where there were some of these bombing threats. They haven't found anything as far as I can tell, but they have to act like that. They have to go in and clear everything out and make sure everything's as safe as it can BEM. So we will get to what's going on, the voting, the response, et cetera, et cetera. Whatever level you want to get into this, we'll get into everything viral happening in the news when we come back. Another huge problem at a theme park. Wait till you hear what happened. I want to know how you would have reacted if this would have happened. Well, you were on a ride. This is a wild one and it's coming up next in the news. Chunky Big congrats to the Major League Baseball fans out there. The number is coming in on the World Series, he said. Twenty five million people tuned into the final game of the World Series on Fox on Saturday night.
Speaker 4: Minus one, which one lick of the baseball game.
Speaker 1: Uh, you didn't like it, You're not a fan.
Speaker 2: I know, I'm a big fan. I honestly forgot.
Speaker 1: Wow A big fan up, he said. Big fans Marvins.
Speaker 4: Were not in the World Series, so you know, bo, congratulations to the fans of those teams who.
Speaker 1: Did the Marlins lose to last everyone who are two pitchers on the Marlins staff right.
Speaker 2: Now, Old Gonzales and H.
Speaker 4: McCane mc cane cane.
Speaker 1: I don't know. It's hard for me to tell, but twenty five million people tuned into the final game of the World Series on Fox. That the highest rated World Series finale since two thousand and seventeen. So it looks like the numbers were up for him the Toronto Blue Jays and Dodgers game. Maybe people liked the Canada versus United States battle or numbers. No, no, but people might have in the United States in particular been interested in much like they want what do they call it a subway series when they had you know, no, no, not not Jared Fogel. He was not involved in this. The World Series matters for a couple of reasons, like who's in it? What's the rivalry from the teams if they're not my teams? And the United States versus Canada could be some sort of rivalry. Uh, and I'm going to root for the United States every single time obviously because Canada kissed my ass, But I don't know if that's what popped it up. I don't know why they've seen the biggest World Series ratings since twenty seventeen. Let us know if you watch, maybe he was tuned in for that. It seems like the games were.
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Is it more exciting if a baseball game goes longer or is it just.
Speaker 2: I don't know they're staying up till three am.
Speaker 1: Didn't sound like I'm a bad person to ask that one, because if you said, Sean, would you like a regular length baseball game or a triple length baseball game? I would like the regular length baseball game, right, don't need any more than it's already long. It's a very long game to begin with. I don't don't need it to be even worse. Speaking of worse, this certainly was. This is a theme park that none of us have ever been to, I can guarantee, but let's look it up. It's called Worlds of Fun. That's where this went down. The Worlds of Fun theme Park and Kansas City, Missouri. I'm sure a nice place. It appears to have at least some roller coasters and I'll tell you the problem with one of those roller coasters and what happened for some frightened riders in just a moment. But what do we know about this place?
Speaker 4: World's of Fun two hundred and thirty five acres of theme park located Kansas City, owned and operated by six Flags. It was founded by American businessman Lamar Hunt and Jackson Steadman under the ownership of Hunt's company Mid America Enterprises in nineteen seventy three.
Speaker 1: Oh so it's been around for like fifty years. It's I'm sure got all sorts of rides and stuff. What's a ticket costs? If you guys can find out Worlds of Fun and we like we talking to me tickets Sea World style ticket prices like is this the pooro park? Or is this Universal and Disney prices like almost two hundred dollars per ticket to get into the damn place.
Speaker 4: This is where their website is having a hard time opening up right now.
Speaker 1: I'll bet it is. No, it can't be from good things based on the story that we're about to get into here. Well, this story says from KCTV. Worlds of Fun has responded for the first time to reports of a safety harness failure. You know that moment on the roller coaster ride or like the water ride where you know it's the photo moment and you're like, eh, you pose or whatever, and it's like a fun moment of the ride. They got to that part and you see these people and they're all freaking out because the restraint wasn't locking. So instead of them being like, yeah, we're about to, you know, take a plunge here, everybody's like, oh my god, we're gonna die. It was crazy. Let's see. This is Channel five as the.
Speaker 11: Halloween han draws thousands seeking scares, but one couple says they got more than they bargained for.
Speaker 1: A girl's scene, Were You Scared?
Speaker 10: Reportedly failed on the mom and roller coaster early this.
Speaker 12: Month, witnesses watched in Horror Tonight, we're hearing first hand accounts, and just hours ago, World's of Fun responded for the first time.
Speaker 1: I want to see what they said.
Speaker 12: Chris Smith spoke with a couple who helped save the girl, who joins us live from the par right.
Speaker 1: They helped saved the girl. I mean, how dire was this? What actually went down here? Those are the big questions I guess.
Speaker 11: I mean walk us through what happened here, Lauren. Imagine sitting on this ride here and hearing cries for help from the seat behind you, as no one wants that sit Hold.
Speaker 1: On, if I'm on a roller coaster, how am I going to determine that there are cries for help the seat behind the screaming? You think you think that's going to stand out to you versus a normal roller coaster ride where they're like, ah, help you. You always hear people screaming that stuff.
Speaker 4: If you're people screaming or oh my God or curse words, but help, I feel like it is something different.
Speaker 1: No, I wouldn't respond to it. I wouldn't like if I was on a roller coaster somebody said help, I would be like, Okay, help them because they're on a roller coaster and they're they're a little scared or something. I wouldn't think for a moment that that meant there was an actual emergency going on. Everybody's screaming, everybody's freaking out. It's a thrill ride and you're having a thrill moment.
Speaker 11: Well, it's of fun. Is shedding some light on what happened.
Speaker 13: When we turned around and start helping her, like the only thing I could think.
Speaker 1: I was like, what if this.
Speaker 4: Was my daughter?
Speaker 11: This is Chris and Cassie Evans who say, mid ride on the Mamba the mamba did happened?
Speaker 14: The girl sitting behind my wife just lets out this blood curdling scream like I've never heard before.
Speaker 1: It's a picture, Okay, the photo is supposed to be have a fun moment. They even like super impose a big snake of mamba snake because they bought the photo straight from the merch table. I mean, so how scared were they if they purchased the photograph after this? But you could see them leaning backwards trying to secure the people behind them in the roller coaster because their lap bar. I guess, isn't holding that would be scary. I'm not saying it wouldn't be scary. I'm just saying I questioned whether or not you would know, Hey, there's something going on here these two. You can see this moment. It's crazy that the.
Speaker 3: W been next to her, the next to the one that's in peril there, yeah, does not seem to I mean, they blurt her face so you don't know if she's looking at them or not. Yeah, this lady right here, it looks like she's just got her head back and joined the rud. You know what an you guys complain it about. It's the mamba. This is how it actually goes on this thing. I will put this on see it now in a moment. Let's go back to the story.
Speaker 4: We're a fine story.
Speaker 14: I assume maybe it's her first time whatever. And then she said, my seatbelt came undone.
Speaker 11: I have my hands on her blank The couple immediately reached over to help, doing what they could to keep her inside.
Speaker 6: A pretty big gap between her and the lap bar.
Speaker 14: So at this point I'm seeing huge space, no seatbelt, and I looped my arm underneath the lap bar and I'd grabbed a hold of her wrist. My wife was pushing down on her legs.
Speaker 11: As season ticket holders, and the twisting turns up ahead.
Speaker 14: As we crested each hill, or as we started to go up to the top.
Speaker 1: I read the person noticed this at the beginning of the rocket. Imagine every single hump and dip and twist.
Speaker 4: To in front are helping the person that she's with.
Speaker 1: Nice, she checked out, Yeah, yeah, the person that she's with is me. I'm just like God, I'm going to close my eyes and I will open them up at the completion of.
Speaker 4: This ride to your head completely cut off.
Speaker 1: Come on. Maybe I don't know, but this was on the Mamba. I'm going to put this up over on see it now so you can see the moment where they realized, oh my god, things are not going well here. Let's see if there's anything else they have.
Speaker 14: To say nine that it was going to lift her out of her seat, so we had I kind of shifted our positions to instead of hold her to push down on her whole body to keep her from coming out of the seats.
Speaker 11: It worked, The couple say they managed to keep her inside the ride until it stopped. They say they then went to report the incident.
Speaker 14: We were assured that the ride was closed down for an inspection.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for the remainders. Was it though by management?
Speaker 11: A park spokesperson confirms to CASETV five. They shut the ride down immediately after the incident. A team inspected it thoroughly before reopening it later that evening, and they say the Mamba has a multi layered restraint system and operated safely since then.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I don't know. Hold on, let me see a little bit more.
Speaker 11: Here, because this has quote undergone a comprehensive safety review.
Speaker 1: Okay, so they've gone through looked at everything safety wise, but they're not saying whether or not there was a failure here, like was there or was there not a failure of this ride.
Speaker 4: I don't think the two people in front of them would have done what they did without saying that there was a failure.
Speaker 1: Well what about this? All right? So let's say I don't know how these not a failure with the ride.
Speaker 3: Would it be a failure with the ride and show employee that was supposed to lock in?
Speaker 1: But what I mean is sometimes every once in a while on rides, you have your restraint and then they double up with a little like safety bell, right, But the safety bell is just like an extra little thing. The restraint is what keeps you in the ride car. Is it the case that they just forgot one of the two things or they're not really responding that clearly to this, I don't think. But it says a couple of help secure rider after seatbelt fails on this roller coaster. I'll put it up on see it now, let us know what you think. Send us a dispatch or an email tips at the Newsjunkie dot com. All right, quick break, we'll get to the latest on the elections that are underway all across the country the day. Anything interesting happening there, we'll tell you. We got our friend Amy Kaufelt Post Roast joining us in just a little bit. And when we return, a place that has held a spot in some of your hearts for a very long time has just announced a major change. What is it? Wait to you hear this. It's coming up next. Then the News Junkie. We learned right before the show, former Vice President Dick Cheney has died at eighty four years old. Richard B. Cheney the forty sixth Vice President of the United States. He died November three last night, and he was eighty four years old. His family said. His beloved wife of sixty one years, Damn Lynn, and his daughters Liz Cheney and Mary Cheney, and other family members were with him as he passed. The former Vice president died due to the complications of pneumonia and cardiac and vascular disease, and a tough one for somebody like Dick Cheney. I'll tell you why, because Dick Cheney. For a long time, everybody left of center, everybody on the left hated Dick Cheney like he was Darth Vader to them. Dick Cheney was the real brains and the real bad guy behind George W. Bush and his administration. He was the puppet master, and everybody left of center hated him. But then he turned tail on Trump and some Republicans, and so did Liz Cheney and other family members. So now people right of center ended up hating Cheney too. So like Dick Cheney dies, and I don't know that, he's got a whole lot of people saying too many nice things. He's got the Tony Wasp nests rattled up, and it brings me back. Oh God, I want to go into the time machine for this one. If you don't mind, let's jump in. We have to go back for what was a classic moment in news history. I think fire up the time machine to go back. I think we visited this one recently. Oh, we talked about it.
Speaker 3: However, when I typed in Dick Cheney's name and his Wikipedia page came up, it was the color of an unclicked link. But the thing you're about to bring up was was the clicked one that was then.
Speaker 1: Too before This part was so funny to me when he shot that dude in the face. And then the guy who got shot in the face by Dick Cheney through a press conference and apologized to Dick Cheney the man who shot him in the face looking like a deer. He looked all busted up at the press conference. This was back in fourteen years ago at least. Now. Might may have been further than that when when Dick Cheney shot this guy who was nineteen years ago, was ith.
Speaker 5: All of you as media, I have been very patient and waiting for me to make my parents here. I hope you understand. I'm sorry I delayed you, but I know your role is to get the news out to the public. I compliment you on what you've done. I've getten many of your reports, and I know your job isn't easy. Regret that I couldn't have been here earlier so you could see what a lucky.
Speaker 1: Than I am.
Speaker 5: Right for many years my family.
Speaker 1: I love the chiron. At the time, man shot by VP Cheney speaks the lower third graphic.
Speaker 4: Sublne thank god it wasn't shot in the mouth.
Speaker 1: This guy got blasted in the face. He's got a black eye as he's doing this, this interview or this press conference, and he apologized to the dude who shot him.
Speaker 3: Way too way too calm about this, like he says, I apologized, I apologize that I couldn't do this earlier, and then just moves on. I would have been like, sorry, I couldn't be here earlier. I got shut in the face.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in the hospital, but my back by the vices and style. Yeah, let's get out sticker on your car Kennedy County.
Speaker 5: Well, you have visited them for over twenty five years and have had some wonderful trips and visits, pleasant memories. Not this one, though, you cherish forever.
Speaker 1: However, this past weekend.
Speaker 5: Encompassed all of us in a cloud a misfortune.
Speaker 1: Said yeah, and he goes on to apologize to Dick Cheney, who shot him in the face. Maybe that means he was a good friend. I don't know, or I don't know. I don't know what was going on there.
Speaker 3: But also he suffered a non fatal heart attack and atroal fibrillation due to at least one lead shot lodging in or near his heart.
Speaker 1: He also had a collapsed lung.
Speaker 3: Woo and Cheney didn't talk about this for a couple of days until he was on Fox News.
Speaker 1: I guess yeah. I remember at the time, it was like, guys, what's the big deal? I shot somebody in the face. Unfortunately, the forty sixth Vice President of the United States of America, Dick Cheney, has passed away at eighty four years old. We'll take your thoughts on that, whether you loved them or hated them, or somewhere in between. Maybe send your dispatches and emails over at thenewsjunkie dot com. It's a place many of you grew up with. It's a place that's been sort of struggling as of late. It's a little place called Hooters, Arah and Milk. I'm trying to I'm trying to think of what this actually means, because the headline says of this story, Hooters is getting a rehooterization in plants. It's kind of what sounds like, if I'm honest with you, a rehooterization. I don't I don't know what that means. The founders are taking control back of the Hooters' locations. When they lose control somebody else took over not too long ago, and the founders, the original founders, are now taking Hooters back and they're gonna undergo a rehooterization.
Speaker 3: The new management, though the management, the new old.
Speaker 1: Management, I believe changes are likely coming to a Hooters restaurant near you as the chain puts bankruptcy behind it. Zinc said this week that they finalized their acquisition of Hooters of America, and they said, Hooters calls itself the original Hooters that meant at the helm aren't strangers of the chain they found at its first location in Florida in nineteen eighty three, they said, and they're going to do what they call a rehooterization, revamping the uniforms to go back to the original look of Hooters waitresses and the staff that they were. I guess as of late this was the Hooters' uniform for some of them. And what the hell is it? Not even orange? I know it's not orange. It was black and it had an owl on it and it said welcome to Hooters. And then the back was like more of a I don't want to say, I don't know if thong is the right word, not like a string, but like a your butt cheeks, sir, like a like a bikini I guess, I don't know, like a bikini back. And that was the Hooters outfit and they're changing it back to the old fashioned one, the one that everybody knows for back in the day, the orange shorts and the white top. And this is I guess that's rehooterization. That's it in action right there. I don't know that this is going to solve any problems. It says modesty is in, Modesty is back in as Hooters founders take back control of the chain. I guess this is better. You could let us know Hooters diehards. Whether you're excited about this or not, hit us with a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com. As far as voting today, you've got Pennsylvania, California, New Jersey, Virginia, and New York. Those are the five biggest states. Pennsylvania, the polls close at eight pm, so shortly after that you should see what happened in those states. Virginia's a little earlier. Virginia is at seven pm, and New York is at nine pm. Most of these are not that close, especially Virginia. I believe New Jersey, the governor election doesn't look that close. California, the redistricting thing is not even going to be remotely close. They are going to show you how bad redistricting is in a very redistrict state by redistricting even more and off season. That's what they're going to do in California. It's very bad and very dangerous. So we're going to do it even more in a time when we weren't supposed to do it because the voters said we weren't going to do this, but we're going back on that because we've got to show you how bad this is, so we're doing it. That's what's happening in California. It'll win, hands down, no doubt about it. It is going to be victorious over there. But most eyes, I think, are going to be on New York City. I don't know why. Maybe it's because it's the biggest city in the country, but the mayor of New York City as always kind of a big deal.
Speaker 3: Outside of New York City, no, I've never seen this much outside influence, not even influence, just discussion on the mayor of Orlando.
Speaker 1: No mayor, no gipsie, no, no, no. Sometimes the mayor is of like the biggest cities. You'll see a little bit Chicago, Los Angeles, here.
Speaker 3: And there, because the cities are in the news, but nobody cares when it comes time for the citizens of those cities to pick who's the next one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like, the last.
Speaker 2: Time we talked about New York mayoral race was when the Sex and the.
Speaker 1: City Lady was running, Cynthia Nixon.
Speaker 2: Would you have years ago?
Speaker 1: Well, right now? The thing is it's such a well, it's a big difference that you've got in front of you. You've got some very very different people that are running for this race, and then you got the young, upstart socialist dude who is out of a cannon and has won over especially young people. But New York City, this is not shocking to most of you. Not exactly a stronghold for Republicans and the Democratic Party right now. I think some eighty percent of the Democratic Party is favoring socialism over capitalism. This guy is headed in that direction, So for for them, this might be their choice. I am a proponent of letting cities choose their own leadership. And then is it going to work out for you or not? We'll see afterwards.
Speaker 3: Cynthia Nixon ran for governor, challenging incumbent Andrew Cuomo. Yeah, she challenged incumbent governor same Clomou Andrew Cuomo in the Democratic primary, So she tried to run against him while he was already in the office.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, she she didn't do too well on that one. I don't think he was the governor and then now is going for the mayoral position and has all kinds of problems in his past too. He's like, they just it's a whole it's a whole thing. So New Yorkers will choose who they want to be in charge, and a lot of people outside of New York will wind about it. I don't care. I have no I don't live in New York City. I don't care what I was in New York City. I have a visit in New York City in a very long time. I don't really plan on doing that. I'm kind of excited to see what happens. That's what I like to watch. I like to see what happens and what goes down of these cases. So we'll see who wins. With the polls close a little bit later on this afternoon, when we come back. We'll have a real winner on our hands. Amy Kawfelt from Fox thirty five usually joins us on Mondays, but we'll talk about the roast event because she was a big part of it. What went down, that's coming up next. I'm going to use junkie. It's not Monday, but that doesn't mean anything for us because we wanted to talk to her this week and she was willing to talk to us as well. Even though it's not a Monday, Let's welcome Abe Cowel from Fox thirty She is maybe Tuesday, everybody. Amy, I gotta tell you, you know, I knew for the roast event something was cooking and that you were you were working on something. I know you were going to be there, but you had a bunch of stuff going on that had you tied up. I didn't know that the video you put together for the roast was going to be one tenth as funny as it.
Speaker 4: Was big cool, especially considering that it was like on the news desk, several angles.
Speaker 1: We had them.
Speaker 4: You know, what do you call it? The thumbnail on top of you?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 10: We called it ots and over the show, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: The graphics, the on screen graphics were up there and it was it was so funny. It was very very good. And the moment it popped on, everybody gets glued to this huge projection screen at the roast and people were just rolling. So, first of all, thank you. That was hilarious.
Speaker 15: I love you guys. It was a collaborative effort.
Speaker 10: I have to give huge props to Sabrina who helped me with the jokes, because you guys all know how funny Sabrina is.
Speaker 15: She's amazing.
Speaker 10: So so Serena helped me with.
Speaker 15: The jokes, so I've even.
Speaker 10: And and then we had some help back here if our production staff helped put it together. Casey came up with the great graphics. I went and picked out pictures of you guys.
Speaker 1: That I found, oh perfect channing.
Speaker 10: I went through all of your social media's and was like trying to find like perfect pictures so that we could use in the background. So and then Casey helped put everything together and it was it was fun. It was really I was Casey like really went to.
Speaker 15: Bat and like made it look like very professional.
Speaker 1: So shout out to and yeah, big big thanks to Casey. And obviously because it was a hit, did.
Speaker 3: Sabrina gave you any ideas that you were like, I don't know if I'm going to get in trouble if I do this with the foxlwo on.
Speaker 15: She was.
Speaker 10: She actually kept all of her jokes like I thought, like really clear, like she was good. She was like knew I think she knew what the line was, Like Sabrina's like, okay, here's the line.
Speaker 4: Yeah, don't want to get but she.
Speaker 10: Gave me actually a big variety, and so I had I had to like narrow it down and she was like, you know the ones that I was like, okay, this seems like something I would say, you know.
Speaker 2: But the execution was absolutely perfect.
Speaker 4: I was telling Amy during the break right before I watched that video probably like fifteen times.
Speaker 2: When I first got I was like, see, then you gotta watch.
Speaker 1: He's like no, I wanted to be surprised, so I made.
Speaker 2: Nicole watch it five times.
Speaker 4: When I was like rehearsing people that were not going to be at the roast, I'm like, look at this isn't this so great? I absolutely loved it and it was such a great part.
Speaker 1: Of the roast.
Speaker 2: So cannot thank you enough for doing that.
Speaker 15: So sad I missed it.
Speaker 10: It was it was actually Colton's birthday. October thirtieth is his birthday, So so yeah, so that's why I couldn't be there. When Sabrina told me the date, I was like, oh, so yeah, I.
Speaker 15: Was bummed I can't be there.
Speaker 1: But it was fun.
Speaker 10: I'm glad I got to at least participate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people absolutely went nuts for it. It was it was a blast. So thanks again for that, and we appreciate you taking part of it. Appreciate you just being part of this show for for so many years and the audiences family.
Speaker 10: To me, my favor I tell you this all the time, but my favorite thing is when people come up to me and they say, I always listen to you on the news, junkie. They don't, you know, It's like, that's just like to me, that's the coolest compliment.
Speaker 15: You know, it's not you know, it's you.
Speaker 1: Know, true crossover love.
Speaker 4: It would not be what it is about yet much appreciated.
Speaker 1: But absolutely are people. Can you get a vibe on are people like gassed up about election day today? Where people are.
Speaker 15: I mean, like locally do you think I mean locally?
Speaker 1: Like, do do you think people locally are paying attention. I'm sitting here talking about election now, Like, is anybody anybody tuned into this? Anybody care about this?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 10: I mean I think for sure in New York City. I think in the state of Virginia, I think in the state of New Jersey where they're electing governors, I think that those folks are probably for sure fired up. I think locally because we have mostly commission races.
Speaker 15: I mean that the one commission.
Speaker 10: Race is very interesting because Regina Hill is trying to get her old seat back. Of course, she was suspended from her seat because of allegations of fraud involving an elderly constituent in the city of Orlando.
Speaker 15: So she was suspended from her seat.
Speaker 10: She's now trying to win the seat back, and she's got still has a trial pending on those felony charges. So that's an interesting one for sure, I think in the city of Orlando.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 10: These smaller elections, it's hard, they don't usually get much of a turnout. But I do think obviously everybody in the country maybe, and I think, you know, other parts of the world are talking about what's happening in New York City.
Speaker 15: So that's fascinating.
Speaker 1: That's the one that I think has people really really honed in. And what I think is funny is there's what is to me a huge disconnect. I hear a lot of people who are going, You'll see, there's an appetite for this Zo Raman Donnie guy. And this is where you know, the left Democrats should go in the United States of America. This is what America wants. It's like, Hey, what New York City chooses today is going to be very different from what would work in a general election. To me, I don't think this would work in the slightest in the general election. But New York City it's an interesting election because they have Cuomo, who is mired in controversy himself. You have the young, upstart mom Donnie guy, who has you know, different ideas and has really I think grabbed the youth vote at least. And then you have the Curtis Sliwa guy, who's just always the also ran and.
Speaker 4: Dise That's all I know of that guy.
Speaker 1: You know another thing is should know about that guy. He's not gonna win today. He will not be the winner of the day.
Speaker 2: The nine times I thought, yeah, He's.
Speaker 1: Been a figure in New York politics forever for as long as I can remember, but he never actually ends up winning anything.
Speaker 4: But even when he knows that, and I'm sure his team has kind of given him the nudge nudge, this is your opportunity to give your endorsement to somebody else, but he's still going to stick it out, which is definitely Yeah, do you really care about the people of New York if you're gonna just not swallow your pride?
Speaker 2: I guess at that point.
Speaker 1: His whole argument is like I care enough about him to give him the option to choose me, but like, in all reality, he's not gonna win, and the weird ass thing and this is like the New York mayor election couldn't be any more weird. Trump endorse Cuomo. These people don't have the same politics at all, they don't have a lot in common, but there it's like there's lines forming based on better than the other guy. For me, it's kind of interesting to watch, So I think you're right. I think Amy a lot of people will be watching the returns in that race, and like some of the gubernatorial ones, but on a local level, it is not too much going on this time. Next year will be interesting.
Speaker 10: Though, it will, right, And that's that you're talking about the governor's race, and of course a lot of other big races that will come to pass for next next year, twenty twenty six.
Speaker 15: The governor's race, I think is really going to be interesting.
Speaker 10: So you've got Jerry Demings now who's the Orange County mayor, who has committed to run for governor. You have David Jolly, who's a former Republican now Democrat, who has said he is going to run for governor as a Democrat. You've got Byra Donalds who's already been endorsed by President Trump saying that he will run as a Republican. Jay Collins, who's the current Lieutenant governor of Florida, Casey DeSantis. Could she potentially throw her hat in the ring.
Speaker 15: There is some speculation about that.
Speaker 10: I personally wouldn't. I would be surprised if she did, but you never know. So yeah, so there's I don't know, it's going to be interesting. I think it's interesting how many young people are fascinated by socialism and I do.
Speaker 15: Feel like a lot of it.
Speaker 10: And if you guys have all seen the videos, right, there's all these videos where they walk up to people and they ask them, you know, why would you vote for Ma'm donnie, And.
Speaker 15: Most of them think that it's because.
Speaker 10: They're going to get something for free, right, And I think that with age comes wisdom and you realize that nothing that the government gives you is free, that we all pay for everything that then comes back to us. So I'm not sure that young people right have grasped that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think things fade over time. Like in the eighties and the nineties, it was very clear to people living at that time what could happen through communism or socialism, and what real poverty and suffering looked like, and how you wanted to avoid that at all costs. But then it's just like the thing that's been the most interesting for me to watch is time since nine to eleven and how there's like generations of young kids now who don't know they have no connection to nine to eleven, And by the way, why would they. It's as close to them as like some stuff that seems like very very old to you, you know, when you were born. And so the further people get away from these events, the less of an impact they have on them, and everything's expensive for young people. It seems like a possible dream to get a house. Cars are fifty thousand dollars. They just want something different, and there's you know, this is what they're they're being drawn into, at least in New York City. Another thing I wanted to run by you hearing me. This has been interesting to watch and I've seen over the last month or so. It seems like national and international media outlets are trying to shape this thing. Like there's a rash of mystery deaths at Disney World, and they're chronicling like each of these incidents and going, oh, the fourth person, a fourth person has died in just nineteen days. When you're watching this story over in the newsroom, how do you debate how far to go into this? Because to me, I think, do people not know how many people are at Disney World every day? Like there's so many people at Disney World every day, the idea that some of them die is not really far fetched. It's just kind of inevitable unfortunately.
Speaker 10: Right well, and as you guys know, majority of these I think, if not all, have been suicide.
Speaker 15: We don't cover suicide.
Speaker 10: The only time that we would cover a suicide is if there were some risk to the general public, say someone was about to do something that would perhaps injure other people, like somebody was trying to commit suicide by being a wrong way driver or you know, jumping off of a bridge into traffic or something like that, and then sadly, yes, there would be a greater impact.
Speaker 15: Right. But the reason we don't cover.
Speaker 10: Suicides is because we feel that it's a.
Speaker 15: Moral obligation on our part that if you.
Speaker 10: Give attention to it, it could therefore create more It's kind of similar to what.
Speaker 15: People say when there's a school shooting and.
Speaker 10: They ask us not to say this shoot or name right because they don't want to glorify this person, and then let them believe like, oh, I could become famous to by doing this, right. Yeah, So it's sort of a similar policy. So I see those stories and like a lot of times it's covered by what I would call more like tabloid publications, And I don't know, it's sad, I don't honestly, I think that what happens is is that you know, they hear about one and then they maybe hear about another or a few more.
Speaker 15: But I don't know.
Speaker 10: That there's really any there's I don't think there's something crazy going on at Disney that's making people no, no, you know, I.
Speaker 1: Think Sabrina brought up at the when these started to pop off. It was like, hey, remember when we got the rash of all of the airplane danger story at the beginning of this year.
Speaker 3: There was how many plane incidents some of them were really bad, but because there were a couple that were really bad, all of a sudden, the ones that would normally not be on anybody's radar, you know, like, yeah, the hot hell, a small a single engine skit it off the runway and there was a small fire, but nobody was hurt. That all of a sudden started getting let's throw that in there and let's make everybody afraid of.
Speaker 10: Your point, Yeah, you're absolutely right, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: And the crazy thing is to me that the it's mostly these, like you said, tabloid national outlets that that golom onto this kind of stuff. But I agree with you, and it's really unfortunate. I don't think people understand just how much social contagion is active in society, how much watching somebody do something will lead to other people doing those things. And it is just one of those crazy truths that we don't talk about enough. But yeah, there's nothing, as far as I can see, weird going on there.
Speaker 10: It's just and you bring up such a good point. And I think, Sean, how many times have we heard, you know, these mass shootings that the mass shooter had a manifesto that where they became fascinated with other mass shooters, right, they studied other right all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's almost never a situation where it was like somebody who, hey, I didn't never research any of this before. I've never been in It's always somebody who obsesses over that kind of stuff, So you can see how it trickles out. Anyhow, it is fantastic to talk to you as per usually guys. You were funny, you were on point, your delivery was fantastic, and people absolutely.
Speaker 2: For a couple of years.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I was appreciative of all the help I received, Sabrina, thank you.
Speaker 15: You're off.
Speaker 3: Did they actually load the words into the teleprompter for you, like, did they make it that official?
Speaker 1: Did they I did? Yes?
Speaker 2: I cool.
Speaker 15: I loaded it myself. See I did a couple of things on my own.
Speaker 1: Was there anybody at the TV station that was like, what the hell is going on?
Speaker 4: We had to get the green light from Big Boss and thank you and we did.
Speaker 2: Given that, I was very.
Speaker 1: Thankful, Yeah, because I could see somebody like half paying attention in the newsroom going, wait, what think about Fine? This is the thing we talk about around here. Now there she goes Amy Kawfel. Amy really the best of the best, a class act, and one day maybe she gets roasted. Maybe it's maybe the tables turned around here we'll see good. No, we'll have a ten minute event. Yeah, nobody will to say anything.
Speaker 2: No, I have nothing to say.
Speaker 1: I was sitting on the couch and I'm like, Okay, I've got everybody's names down. I got a bunch of jokes collected about these people. I was like, I said to Courtney, I was like, what about Amy Coffel. She's like, don't make any jokes about it.
Speaker 4: You dare Now, if we do a cruise show about Good Day Orlando, I would like, I feel like I would win the whole thing. And he sort of complete the answer. I know everything about that dang show, and I think everyone else.
Speaker 1: Should do well. Tune in every day with Amy Kay and the crew gdo. If you're in town here locally, it's Good Day Orlando, wake up with Fox thirty five. And they're the best of the best of the best. For anybody out there, follow Aimy on social media, Amy kawfelt, that's what I want you to search for and follow along. She's an enjoyable, fantastic follow that keeps you up to date and plus keeps you grounded here on planet Earth. And we love her for that. So Amy, thanks for joining us. We'll see you next week.
Speaker 15: Ots. It looks really good.
Speaker 1: That's right. See. Yeah, Now she's gonna get busy. Back in the forty million dollar newsroom. Okay, we've got one screen behind Celi. This is the recycled bit. Ots. All right, we're back in just a moment. We'll keep you up to date with everything happening with the election stuff. I want to talk about this situation in California where a hunter was missing for three weeks. Three weeks and this person has been found alive and they're living to tell the tale. What happened, what went on. We're gonna go over it together. That is coming up next in the news. Junk Kie sitting on the couch putting together the rose Courtney goes no, No, don't don't do that. I'm like, well, you know, Amy Coffin is gonna have a thing. I should probably say something back, and it's like, nah, not necessarily her, because she is really just that nice of a person. But somehow she turned it around. It was funny and she was great over there at the roast event. You'll be able to see that before too long. I know the footage is being worked on right now, and then Forrest will get to editing. I'm gonna go over this. I've got all kinds of stuff worked up for intros and outros and on screen graphics. It's gonna be awesome. I do not know the timeline on that, unfortunately, but hopefully it won't take an incredible long time. Coming soon, Yeah, coming soon? Questionr No, it is coming soon, so yes, coming soon. That will be available along with some other features over on the website. Let's talk about this guy sixty five years old and he was missing in a California forest for three weeks, all right, three weeks out there in the forest, and then he was found alive, which I would imagine there was a lot of people, including his family members that probably thought he was dead at that point. After three weeks, Yeah, three weeks is I think? I don't know. Let's see, it's just a sixty five year old man from Fredsnoe County who had been missing in the Nocapped mountains of the Sierra National Forest for three weeks was found alive. He was on a solo hunting trip with the intention of coming back this same day. Now he's speaking out about his affair. He was three weeks alone by himself in the forest. Let's see what he said.
Speaker 16: So overwhelmed with the motion, we couldn't couldn't stop crying, so we're we're trying to stop. Now he's home, he's safe, he looks all right. So we're just just grateful.
Speaker 1: After I'm gonna be honest, this guy for three weeks lost and once he's skinnier, but he looks pretty good still, he looks maybe the.
Speaker 4: Skills or is he like maybe not all there?
Speaker 1: Oh, I think he could talk. He just hasn't said anything.
Speaker 8: Here.
Speaker 1: Oh, let's see if they say anymore.
Speaker 16: In the interview, say he's pretty healthy. So we're just just grateful.
Speaker 17: After nearly twenty days of worry and frantic searching Ron Daily that missing Selma hunter is back home with his loved ones. Tonight, for the first time, we hear from Daily himself and his daughter Box. Twenty six news reporter Mayra Franko spoke with them earlier today and has more on his survival story and what a story it is.
Speaker 1: Mara, jeez, man, I mean a weekend, I'd be like, what am I supposed to do?
Speaker 2: Thank God he's a hunter.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, and maybe maybe he still had his gun out there, so he was able to find and kill some stuff. That's I want to hear from him. I'm fast forwarding here through the interview to hear from this guy who was in the wilderness for three weeks and some of you saying this was some sort of scam on his part. Man kicking on Twitch says he wasn't lost, he just didn't want to go home. Well, let's judge, let' see what he's out.
Speaker 18: Thank you for saving my life Now I get to see my wife and kids and grandkids again.
Speaker 13: Tears and a whole lot of gratitude mark the reunion of the Daily family of Selma after more than twenty days apart. Ron Daily describes a relief and rush of emotion he felt after finally making contact with someone near the Swamp Lake Trail in the Sierra National Forests.
Speaker 18: I walked out Saturday morning and they I got exhausted, and I'm sitting down on the bank and I told the Lord.
Speaker 6: I go, Lord, I go. I got to either start a fire right.
Speaker 18: Now because it's going to get dark here in an hour, or you got to bring a vehicle up here.
Speaker 6: And God told me, goes, look up.
Speaker 18: I looked up, and there's a suburban in front of me with headlights on, and this guy's looking at me doculars and another guy starting.
Speaker 6: My name, and I'm going, here's this guy. I don't use this guy.
Speaker 1: Oh, so these people knew that he was missing. They knew that the guy, the sixty five year old Ron Daily, had been out there in the woods. He's crediting God. He's crediting God for this happening, which I mean, seems strange. They waited three weeks to give you the sign here. But I guess he's still happy about that. And he's alive and he doesn't look too bad overall.
Speaker 18: They come driving up there and they got out and start hugging me, Ron, Are you okay?
Speaker 6: I go, Yeah, I'm okay.
Speaker 18: I'm alive now I'm really okay because you guys just saved my life that day.
Speaker 13: Daily says he walked for about eight hours determined to find me out after a night of prayer.
Speaker 18: I told him, look, Lord, I go, you either got to walk out of here. I'm going to stay here and die.
Speaker 1: I go.
Speaker 6: You got to tell me what to do.
Speaker 13: That let him straight on the path to see his family again. And the first time you saw your family in the hospital, Oh tell me what proposal was.
Speaker 15: Did you ever think you were going to see that again?
Speaker 6: I had my doubts. I really did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I probably would too after three weeks. I don't know if I'm going to see anybody ever.
Speaker 4: I think this is all great and prayers are very important, and thank you Jesus for leading him back. But is there any advice you would have for people that may find themselves like, what did he wish?
Speaker 18: He had?
Speaker 5: You?
Speaker 1: Come more? God? More God? If he had more than he would be able to get to the destination sooner. It seems to me like he finally said enough enough, I'm going to start walking. I don't know why he didn't do that on like day two though, I would say, all right, where am I far out? I try to figure out where I was. I could do that by the sun and the moon and stuff. I think I think I'm able to do that.
Speaker 4: Actually, just saw something. Put a stick in the ground, and you wherever the shadow is. Put around right fifteen to thirty minutes later, hopefully you have a watch, see where the shadow is, and and get in between those two rocks, and that's east and west.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean, if that's right, this just seems easy enough. I don't have to build a fire or anything.
Speaker 4: All I have to do depends on what time you do this. You can't do it at nighttime.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I mean I'll find my way out. I think. I don't know. He probably would have said the same thing. And he's a hunter too, so there. I mean, I would have a cell phone on me, yeah, I mean, I'm sure he had a phone, right, not one with GPS. After nearly twenty days of worry and frantic searching ron daily the missing.
Speaker 3: Son, I'm starting to believe Mankicking or whoever in the chat was like this guy wanted to.
Speaker 1: Break He wanted out of here. Twenty days.
Speaker 4: I asked Jesus after the first two days, just give me two more weeks.
Speaker 3: You go for a solo hunting trip where he had planned on coming back the same day. First of all, if a hunter wants to chime in and tell me what you plan on, what is the yield on a typical solo hunting trip rip that only the last less than a day? Are you getting a couple of quail duck? I know you're not dragging a deer out of the woods by yourself, are you.
Speaker 1: Maybe? No, No, deer is too heavy to get one by yourself. I would exactly, So you know how far are you going? I mean, it only took you less than a day to get that lost. You know they're saying no, but they're saying on chat when your lost, you're supposed to stay put. I thought that was for like a little kid in a grocery store or something, though not like an adult human.
Speaker 2: I meant lost, they put.
Speaker 4: But going into a place you've ever been before, I get some markers, you know, not breadcrumbs, but some some flags.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be safe and just not go out there to begin with. That's gonna be the best option. For me, I think, but we welcome him back into the fold. Congratulations, he's alive, he's well, and he credits God with all of this. Tell us what you think, Send us a dispatch over on the news junkie dot com.
Speaker 3: Not that I want to like rag On the Guy, but and I don't have any hunting experience. So if I were to go hunting, there's no way in hell I wouldn't have my cell phone on me. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they don't have reception in the middle of the forest.
Speaker 1: You can still have GPS. Yeah, like the new Apple phones would still do it. I think, Well that's different. It's a quick break. When we come back, we'll do the next episode. What's coming up on the next episode?
Speaker 2: What's coming from the next ode?
Speaker 4: One half of the Ends with Us has ended lawsuit style and Blake reportedly very lively. One of the staples of family friendly television is being called no longer suitable for family and not friendly fun Suckers Pursue plus People's Sexiest Man Alive is all that so much more coming up on the next episode.
Speaker 1: And that is coming up next on the News Chunkie. We'll get to you and your feedback here momentarily on the show. I got some absolutely banger clips to go over at the top of the hour here, So we have a lot to get to on a very busy share of the show Tuesday. Right now, let's get into it. Let's do the next step episode. Because there's a lot on TV. You can't possibly keep up with all of it, even though you should, because what else are you going to talk about? God, that sweet Latin Booty Weather's nice. It's time for the next episode with Sabrina.
Speaker 2: Hey, hold up.
Speaker 4: The next episode brought to you by that mortgage guy Don, that mortgage guy Don dot com and of course some loans radio show look into refinanced by your first dream home. Perhaps you have small business administration loan and if it's a it's a high fix rate. I about got into a low fix rate with that mortgage guy Don. He's got your back. Even if you're looking to start your very first business or franchise. Get the process started today by going to that mortgage guy Don dot on.
Speaker 1: Don't miss the vocal.
Speaker 4: Martgage dot com twas a mirror sixty two years ago on this day.
Speaker 2: Nineteen sixty three.
Speaker 4: This group right, you're whispers of whoop the oles is right. They played the Royal Command performance in nineteen sixty three in front of British Royalty in London, and this is the show. Should you have forgotten or John Lennon said, and I.
Speaker 19: Quote bad will people with the cheaper septs clap your heads. Oh the rest of you could just read your jewelry because they're rich or something like that.
Speaker 1: Oh they got him.
Speaker 3: I thought I was going to guess this is the time he said the Beatles were bigger than Jesus.
Speaker 1: That was just like a couple of months ago.
Speaker 4: All in the same year, John Lennon just so much controversy, and then yoga came into play. Now on present day, we've got the Sexiest Man Alive, Sergeantleman.
Speaker 2: It had been passed up another year once more.
Speaker 1: I'm used to it at this point.
Speaker 4: But thank god Jimmy Fallon was there to announce people's sexiest Man Alive and it is.
Speaker 1: Did you see it already?
Speaker 3: I have not?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought I don't really know the guy.
Speaker 4: That one not familiar at all. Jonathan Bailey, Jonathan Bailey from Wicked Man.
Speaker 1: I don't even know he's in the first Wicked Is he I think I think it might just be in the second one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fier Piero, I.
Speaker 1: Mean people to me, I guess I don't know him from anything that I've seen.
Speaker 4: But they got that perfect ocean shot, which is nice of People magazine. He's also in Jurassic World b birth.
Speaker 1: He told people, Okay, I've seen that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't remember him at all.
Speaker 1: He looks a little familiar. I am kind of seeing.
Speaker 2: Something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the sexiness, it's a huge honor. Obviously, I'm incredibly flattered. It's completely absurd. It's been a secret. So I'm quite excited for some friends and family to find out. He also said his first crush was probably Prince Eric from The Little Mermaid. That's right, he gay.
Speaker 3: Speaking of Fierro, I think ash No Fierro is his character in Wicked. Whoever is playing Fierro on Broadway. Just ran the New York City Marathon and then when he got done, went to the theater and performed two shows. Jesus man, Wow, what a show off.
Speaker 20: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Anyways, we now have one million moms back into play. It's been a couple of months, maybe a few weeks since we heard from one million moms, but they have a new target, and that target is Wheel Oh for jay okay, well it woke a super bad just it's naughty, it's nasty, not family friendly.
Speaker 2: Petition has been launched.
Speaker 4: And while I'm uh, you know, sharing the news as to what's making those one million moms mad, please look up where we're at with the signatures. One million Moms is urging the producers of Wheel of Fortune to return the show to its family friendly roots because brace yourselves. Earlier this year, they started using the phrase what the fun? Oh okay, and it sounds like something else, The group says. Unfortunately, the recently added puzzle category What the Fun aims at a mature, modern audience with insinuated profanity, making it no longer suitable for family view.
Speaker 1: With Kat say Jack would never never.
Speaker 2: Also, we've been saying what the frick for many many.
Speaker 1: Years, nine signers, it has not moved.
Speaker 4: I was about to say nearly twelve thousand, and that was.
Speaker 1: I don't think the average person cares about that. That's not but that's.
Speaker 4: All you got one million moms, nothing.
Speaker 1: Else playing with the WTF and then like making it not they're taking it, making it not offensive.
Speaker 3: At one million Moms has definitely never heard of Tijuana Flats. It's a it's a big rock out with your walkout right there on the wall, or.
Speaker 4: Like what the fun suckers, And they continue to be number one in that one million moms. We have some updates on what I thought was going to be our next celebrity let's watch every second of it courtroom case, the last one being Johnny Depp and Amber Turd And I thought maybe it ends with us with Blake Lively and Justin Baldoni and that giant back and forth lawsuit.
Speaker 2: But I've got some news.
Speaker 1: It is dead dead dead.
Speaker 4: So dead by at least one half. Blake Lively is still going to be suing Justin. The four hundred million dollar lawsuit against Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds officially dead after the actor declined to file an amended complaint.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is there's something interesting here we should talk about with Moses. That people in the media have no idea how lawsuits work, so they don't know how to report them. And then it feels like Blake Lively's people push stuff out to these platforms because there's nothing lost still alive. Yeah, but his lawsuit the judge did and expedited, not a verdict, but he basically did an expedited rundown on the case he had, and then he said he was going to dismiss it. And then he said, you can file an amended complaint, but they don't want to file an amended complaint. They want to appeal the actual ruling of the case. So you don't file the amended complaint. So you're not like missing a filing and giving up on the case.
Speaker 4: It was retelling their claims against Lively for breach of implied covenant and to interference with contract. They say that he subsequently they being the judge, I'm sorry, subsequently contacted all parties in mid October to warn them that he would be entering a final judgment to conclude the case, but only received a response from Blake Lively and here's four more pages that I don't have time to read.
Speaker 1: We'll see. Yeah, it's mostly people not understanding how that works, because that's you know, once the judge does that, then you just go, Okay, we'll appeal it, and then you move on to the next level.
Speaker 4: I guess, move on to this because we've got a new hotel in town. Not really our town depends on where you're listening from. But they are taking reservations. Song Teller Yeah, her new hotel in Nashville, song Teller Hotel. They announced that her long awaited song Teller Hotel in downtown Nashville officially open for reservations.
Speaker 1: Is celebrity hotels a thing?
Speaker 4: I feel like she's gonna she's walking so everyone else can run because I can't think of other like celebrity completely backed hotels, can you?
Speaker 1: I could think of it?
Speaker 2: Started it.
Speaker 3: There's themed hotels, which have had their varying degrees of success. There's hotels with celebrity, celebrity chef restaurants or just celebrity themed restaurants.
Speaker 1: Now, but it's not very it's not it looks like a nice enough hotel. It's a very pow guy, Um the chef is that?
Speaker 5: Is that?
Speaker 1: Are you talking about? Emerald? Yeah? Bam, oh bam, Sorry, sorry my back? How is how? Is a comic book panel? That's what? That would be a restaurant.
Speaker 4: So, two hundred and forty five room hotel that will be a tribute to Dolly's life and music will feature colorful decor, butterfly chandeliers, a.
Speaker 1: Purple guitar floor.
Speaker 2: What does that mean?
Speaker 4: A floor full of guitars or a picture floor that has a couple of guitars on it, uh and lyrics on the walls. Basically Dolly's Dreamscape. And on the third floor, fans can step inside Dolly's Life of Many Colors Museum, which is twenty thousand square feet exhibit that celebrates our journey from the Smoky Mountains.
Speaker 2: To becoming the Queen of country Are Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's fun.
Speaker 4: That also include two live music venues called Joe Lean's and Partons Live. So very exciting. Get your reservations in now.
Speaker 2: On the bib Tube, We've got.
Speaker 4: The Dancing with the Stars rock and Roll Hall of Fame Night Coast to Coast Tuesday, first season finale, Have the low Down, the series premiere of All's Fair on Hulu, Squid Game, The Challenge second season. It's gonna be on Netflix and you can catch Josh Brolin and Lord rang Harun on Kim will follow your dreams of me on Instagram at Sabrina and Rost Burnley. They with me America.
Speaker 1: Yeah, smoke every day. Thank you, Sabrina. I don't know, but I feel like in my gut there's a chance that if you were to book one of the early nights at this hotel, that would be once you have some surprise performance in one of those places like Jolian's Lounge or.
Speaker 4: Somethings have to be gone, right happening.
Speaker 1: You got a roll of the dice, you go, I'm gonna get first night that this place is open. Dolly Parton's gotta be there. She's got to be there, and then your play and the Jolian's Lounge, and that would be cool. That would be absolutely worth it to see something like that. Right, we'll see what you think about all of this and more of some info coming in a source confirming to Deroiters that there was a threat called in against a United Airlines flight at DCA, and in abundance an abundance of caution, the flight was evacuated and the planet is being checked. So we add those emails sent to the polling locations as threats on election day and now United flight DCA has been evacuated because there was a threat against this. So there are like some threats that are popping around. DCA is a Washington, DC airport and just in case you don't know, Reagan Airport and they've issued a ground stop there. So far, it doesn't look like there's any real issues, but worth keeping an eye on as we follow all the stuff that's happening on today. When we come back, a woman who didn't learn from that documentary about the lady who was really pissed off about her fun having kid neighbors. This woman said, I think I too can scream. She got in the spot style. Maybe she did. Maybe it's like Amy was talking earlier. She saw she was like, I can do that too. All I gotta do is yell at some kids. Here we go this woman. You'll hear her outburst and learn what happened to her afterwards. That is coming up next on the news junk Key. Oh, this clip has a lot, it has a lot to give to us, and it's led to a bunch of stories about this sixty one year old woman. She's from Pinecrest, Florida, which I think is in like Miami Dade or something. Yes, and yeah, this lady was. She was arrested after this went viral. It was on Only in Date and a bunch of other platforms and online records show that the sixty one year old is Sylvia Carmen Perez, and I gotta tell you this is like, this is one of the symptoms of the disease that is rampant in our country right now. It's when people go, hey, here's a thing that I'm I'm offended by or that I find to be like a slight against me. I find it to be disrespectful, and they're so unbelievably insanely wrong, and then they just double triple, quadrupleed down, Like that's America right now. That's what's happening in America right now. No one cares about the true everybody's doubled and tripled down in their dumb silos and their dumb teams. Frustrating as hell for me to watch. Don't know how I can fix the make it better. Don't really think I can. So I want to watch some clips. And this lady, they're calling her crazy Miami Karen, and she was arrested after this. Let's get some of the audio. It sounds a little weird at first, but just let it sink in and you'll understand what's going on in the scene. This is a kid. There's two ladies who are in their vehicle and they keep saying that the kids are in the middle of the street, and the kids are saying, no, you're on the bike path.
Speaker 4: The kids are hearing of the you'd see the car is on the bike path.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can see you very clearly that the car is on the bike path. This is not big enough to be a lane. This lady is definitely on the bike path. The kids are right about it.
Speaker 11: I got a video, got.
Speaker 15: Me.
Speaker 1: Now the cops are pulled up. Now you can definitely see. Yeah, that's trade. So it's like the path, folks, is the side like the width of a golf cart. It's not big. It's not big enough for a car. And this dumb.
Speaker 2: Lady is driving by seeing that.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. She wrote she got into it these kids and the bikes, and the kids were like, hey, why are you on the bike path? And the ladies like you're on the road, get out of the road, and this Miami Karen lady just went, you know, nuts on these kids. It's got it all. It's got old versus young, bikes versus cars. It's really delivering on a lot of fronts here. But she's a thousand percent wrong. She was on the bike path. Are the cops have arrived to determine what's going on. He's a very little kid too. There's another kid that pulled up on a bike and she's yelling at him. Now that's a little kid. Oh my god, lady, she's now in concurrent arguments with about six people. She's got about six people. She's fighting with, father's kids, absolutely everybody, and this up she's she's just screaming at them. Not an idea, Yeah, it sounds like it. She had a longer LDEA. When she was booked into the Guildford Night Correctional Center at five fifty in the morning after this thing went viral, they went and I guess scooped her up, which is weird because there were cops here on the scene. I think, get her plate, get her license plate, look at the kids, Go for the cops there right, Yeah, there is a cop car there. I think the lights were flashing on one of these vehicles. You don't touch a kid. The father said, yeah, you don't, kid. I think they go back and forth like this. So eventually, eventually this woman said, you were in the f and street and you know it. But the problem was, if you may have noticed, she grabbed one of the victim's cell phones, raised it over her head and threatened to throw it in the canal. You can't touch people, dude, You can't. You can't do that. You can't take somebody's cell phone and knock it out of their hand or whatever. All the people who do this, you are going to get in trouble if they press charges against you. You have to learn what the laws are and stopping stupid, because that's really the root of all of this for the crazy Miami Karen lady who just didn't know what a bicycle path was. It's like a road, but it's a little thinner. It's a little thinner than the average road out there.
Speaker 3: That I've seen lately, not that I've been on a bike. I just have seen that they built some bigger ones these days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you wouldn't have confused this with the street you were out there she drove her car on, and then I think she felt like an idiot, like so many of these people do. And you're just like, Nope, double down, triple down, quadruple down, over and over and over again. I'm right on this, and that's it seems what this woman was doing. Let us know what you think, said a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com. Right now, I saw somebody said in a story that was getting some attention that said chat GPT will no longer provide health or legal advice. But I tried it almost immediately, and it still does all the same stuff that it did. Like when you're asking for legal or health advice from chat GPT, it always specifically says to you, I'm not a doctor, you shouldn't take my suggestions.
Speaker 2: But here's what I found on the internet.
Speaker 1: But here's the best information I could gather on the question that you asked, And please don't do anything unless you talk with your doctor first. As far as I can see, it still works exactly that way. I didn't see anything different, this person says. What has changed. Open Ai has reaffirmed that chat GPT and related models are not permitted to provide professional personalized advice in certain areas like yet legal or financial topics, health medical. You can't do any diagnosis treatment plans. Yeah, but it always it had that before, it had that before. Legal chat GBT cannot interpret laws, draft legal documents, or advise on legal cases, but it can explain laws. Legal systems are terminology. Do you have chat GBT draft of legal document recently? Yeah, it can unless it changes today. Let's see. Hold on, let me see, uh, chat GBT make me a legal document that will allow people to sign a deal. Okay, here we go there. See now will it allow me to do it? It says, got it? Before I can generate the legal document, can you clarify what kind of deal you want? And then let's say two, Yeah, it's willing to do it. It's still willing to do it. See. I don't think there's been this change that people are saying or hasn't rolled through, Like here's a how announce the change before it's even it's weird. Doesn't make any sense to me. But that's the suggestion on this that was a tweet that was going viral. Is that also financial answers are no longer allowed, no personalized investment or tax advice. It can share general financial literacy and public economic data. I see it still doing all the same stuff what's allowed, summarizing public information for trusted sources, providing educational content and neutral explanations, and helping users find credible sources or professionals. In a way. I think this is good. I don't want chat GPT getting too deep in the world of medical advice. I think you should be able to do all the research in the world, but I don't think it should be like advising you on medical advice or like vet advice, because I don't want people making dumb decisions based on what to day. I told them that's that's not a great thing, honestly. But we'll see if you've encountered this, let us know. Go to thenewsjunkie dot com right now, All right, let's see what we have. John is sending in a dispatch. He says, why the New York City mayor race matters? Okay, let's see what John says.
Speaker 9: You know, Sean, you keep saying that, why why do floridian Is keep caring about the who becomes mayor.
Speaker 1: In New York City?
Speaker 9: And the reason is we got to deal with the fallout of that because once everything goes, you know, to s yeah, you're gonna have a bunch of New Yorkers fleeing. Well, frankly, we don't want that being brought to us.
Speaker 1: You know, hold on, I don't want to talk out of my ass here, so let me bring this up. I saw a poll where people were saying that if mom Donnie won that they would leave, that they would leave New York. And I think they said it was like an eighth of people or a tenth of people. They said that if he won, they would leave. They didn't say where they would go to in particular.
Speaker 4: I heard it very briefly, but I know Florida has been added to some sort of headline, be a fleet to Florida.
Speaker 1: Just before New York City's mayor election, a new poll shocks the city. If Mondanni wins, nine percent of New Yorkers say they'll definitely leave, and another twenty five percent might follow. Could this park the biggest exodus in US history? This says. I questioned a little bit of that because I said this on School Mike earlier. I was like, when you go back to any election ever, there's so many people that are like, if this person wins, I'm leaving the country. If you take all of those people and write all their names down, only a tiny fraction of them actually end up leaving. Will it be different in New York? It might be. I'll tell you, if you're somebody who makes quarter million and a half million, dollars are more in New York City in particular. You know, damn well, you pay a lot in taxes, You pay the lion's share of taxes, you and everybody above you. It's gonna get worse. It's gonna get worse. If you're a landlord in New York City, it's going to be more difficult to raise rents or collect more money or do anything like that. All if you're a business, it's going to get more expensive to operate in New York City. People, businesses, all these things left away, whether that's worth it for them or not. And I only know that the polling data says like nine percent are saying they'll definitely leave. Where would they go? New Yorkers tend to go to Florida, but I think a lot have been going to Texas and New Mexico and in other states as of late. If you're at New York and you've got thoughts on this, let us know. Send us a dispatcher and email tips at the Newsjunkie dot com. All right, let's see what we got here. I did see some people were upset about the ballots in New York City. I mean, here's the thing. If you look at the New York City general election ballots for today, you see the people who are running for office. Their names are on there multiple times. For instance, the Mom Donnie guy, his name is on here one time, two times on the voting form. So is Curtis Sliwa. His name is on there twice. But the way they do this is the parties. In this case, the Republican Party nominates Curtis Sliwa, the Democratic Party nominates Mom Domi, but Working Families also nominated Mom Domi, and something called Protect Animals Party nominated Sliwa, So he's on there twice. Eric Adams, who's not he's dropped out of the race, he's not even in the race, and he's on the ballot here, Andrew Cmo and then there's a lot of other people, Like there's a lot of other people. It's a little weird, but using it does about it. It says above it, like here's this one, this big part here at the top. For those of you watching on YouTube or twitch, dot tv, slash the news junkie, this is the mayor section. The mayoral section is the one on top with all these people running their names do up here twice. It does say select one, right, it says mayor vote for one and then you would you would bubble it in. Will people go while I want mom, Donnie And I'm not reading that, so I'm gonna bubble it in twice. Maybe I don't know, but uh, these are all the different parties Democrat, Republican, Conservative, Working Families, Protect Animals, Safe and Affordable Party, Integrity Party, Fight and Deliver Party, and the Quality of Life Party. So there's there's a bunch of parties you've never heard of that are involved in the CUOMO.
Speaker 3: Was only on the ballot for the Quality of Life or to Fight and Deliver party?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you got beat in the uh in the prim area Yeah right, Yeah, you got tossed out in that one. So there was some concerns over the aims appearing multiple times on the ballot. We'll see if you have any thoughts on that as well, send those over at thenews junkie dot com. All right, we will to a quick break whill we come back. There is a story about the LAPD that's popping off out there that we need to get into, and a teacher, this will be the thing we get into immediately when we come back. A teacher has been fired over one word. Fired on the spot for one word she said. Try to think of it in your head right now. I don't think you're going to get this one. The one word that got this teacher fired on the spot that's coming up next on the News Junkie. See here, big thanks to Sean Patrick's day, because I see his gifted a Secret Show subscription over on the Newsjunkie dot com. Somebody go claim that while you can take your opportunity grab that you can't either subscribe or gift secret shows over on the website. It's easy to find. The gift icon is right there and you can learn more about secret Shows just on the website, right on the homepage. Go to thenewsjunkie dot com. All right, let's see what we got. A teacher has been fired. She has lost her job in Memphis, Tennessee. Lovely Memphis, Tennessee. She will no longer be substituting at DeSoto County Schools after one word that she said in her classroom. It was just one thing, one word that she said, And I know everybody's mind is going to go to like, hey, was it this word? That word you're probably not gonna guess it. I think there were a couple of things that went wrong here, But one of them I think was that she was filming a lot of the day in the class that she was doing. She was posting more on TikTok than she was focusing on the kids in the cloud.
Speaker 3: We expecting out of our substitute teachers more than that.
Speaker 4: Bang the students. I feel like that's a you know, a good check.
Speaker 3: On substitutes never were around long enough to garner that relationship, I think, Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean there was a substitute just went to jail for life because of his.
Speaker 1: Naughty knows is the light a second put it? Okay, a pedophile that could be in the naughty category for sure, Yeah, that'll do it. But this teacher had one word that on the list, or just.
Speaker 2: The name, I don't know. I don't even think they get Cole.
Speaker 1: Uh Ms substitute. That's Memphis and Memphis, Tennessee substitute. She has lost her job after posting a TikTok video where she called one of her students shorty, Shorty, Shorty. It says shorty, but it's a news article, so they might have like fancified it up. Maybe they'll show the actual TikTok clip in this. Let's see what we got here.
Speaker 13: Let's see we highlight organizations making Memphis better.
Speaker 10: Well, this week we caught up with a group that believes in building mess.
Speaker 1: The same thing is action. No, this is attached to the story. Now this is a different thing attached to the same story. It says a woman will no longer be substitute teaching after posting a video of students online. The video was supposed to TikTok Okay is this? It says, it's posted on Friday. I'm clicking the link very slowly. Oh, they took the video down. The handmaid had posted it. But it looks like the video has been taken down. It says, appears the video is recorded at Lake Cormorant High School and in it she says something to one of the students, and she said she called them shouty or shorty. And it says she has to get after these school kids trying to take her down. Damn. I wish the video is up, but I'm clicking in and says currently unavailable unless nobody has I mean, somebody must have it. But the source video that I had on this is no longer there anymore, and it says that it only says what she was saying. So if you guys can find that, let me know. But otherwise, he says you shouldn't be recording minors without parental consent, and that was the big issue that the parents had. I get that. Yeah, I think that's true. I think that if you're a parent and you have kids in the classroom, you're not by default expecting that these that these teachers are gonna be filming your kids, and you probably don't want that. No, I don't want that happening. I would want to get some approval. I'd say, like, hey, ask me first before you film my kids and post it to social media.
Speaker 3: I would say that posting the social media I would have more issue with than the filming.
Speaker 1: No, the filming I don't think is a great idea.
Speaker 3: But for some of these teachers, you need the opportunity to be able to defend yourself if something's going crazy in the classroom and it's the kid's fault.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, every.
Speaker 3: Time we talk about like, oh, a teacher went nuts on some children in the class, they're like, what were the children doing you know right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, so I mean if I'm finding if I'm leading all these articles, it's the same, lady. It wasn't even like shorty as in your you're short. It was part of the damn shorty like. It's the phrase and it's not only the one that I just said you. I do not know if it's censored or not, but this neighborhood Talks account that I follow is saying that it's actually for multiple inappropriate according to the school board tiktoks.
Speaker 1: Okay, I've got some of them here, but I stay by the dump button because I don't know if these are are.
Speaker 21: Sensori And you guys may know I am the solstitude that was recently fired from teaching because of my TikTok.
Speaker 15: It's honestly so.
Speaker 21: Saying how seek the world is that you guys automatically mischaracterized me fully without for the contents. I'm a content creator. I record everything I do, so it was typical for me.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me stop you there. Wait, we don't do this like I'm a content creator. I record everything I do. Know, you're a teacher when you're in the classroom, So teacher first, all right, and like you can't just go I'm a content creator. I record everything I do no matter what. No, you're a teacher in the classroom, so there's gonna be respect.
Speaker 4: It was creator first day as a substitute teacher, so first.
Speaker 2: Of the interview did not involve her like main job.
Speaker 1: So she's saying, like, look, I filmed stuff. Deal with it.
Speaker 21: And as you das know if you do, if you create content, you will know that everything you see is not what you get. Majority of the content that you do see was recorded while I was alone. You look as if I had a class, but I did not have a class in the school knows there I did not have a class. I had nothing but free time aside from the body cam that was our ready job.
Speaker 4: Is this substitute teaching nothing but free time?
Speaker 1: I guess not. She's sitting there in the classroom twiddling her thumbs and recorded some tiktoks and at least some of it was with the kids in the classroom. Now, some of it, she said, wasn't when I was alone.
Speaker 21: And as I explained to Lake Cormon, when I first arrived, this was my very first time subbing. Ever, I had absolutely no idea that I couldn't record students or else.
Speaker 1: I definitely would have done it. I surely would.
Speaker 21: Have honestly recorded myself if I knew it was an issue.
Speaker 1: How old is she?
Speaker 2: Twenty five?
Speaker 1: Okay, she looks younger than twenty five.
Speaker 2: She looks like, I'm sorry, twenty four.
Speaker 1: She looks like she could be a student at the school almost. I mean she looks.
Speaker 3: Incredibly one one hundred percent like, go full Drew Barrymore and just go back to school at this school.
Speaker 4: What was the interview process? I feel like they like did not interview her. It was just part of a list of we need a sub with this one class.
Speaker 1: What did question number one be? Like? Are you interested in teaching content? Creator?
Speaker 4: Substitutes are way different from what I understand. It's just like, thank you for filling in.
Speaker 1: Maybe it seems like they should probably go over this with a bit more of a fine tooth comb so you don't end up with people like that.
Speaker 21: I went on TikTok before my before I worked, and that's what I say. I am by far no predator or anything close to it. It is insigne for you for it even to be put onto me. I truly just thought I was doing something good for the youth, like and I was enjoying it.
Speaker 15: I wasn't going to make a.
Speaker 21: Video, but I've been receiving an awful amount of hate and I feel like it was necessary for me to clear my name up.
Speaker 2: I truly do apologize for her.
Speaker 21: It may sing, but my slang in terminology is much different than yours. But none of the kids knew that were being recorded at any point, and I do apologize for.
Speaker 2: This once again, I truly do.
Speaker 21: But I have no idea this was prohibited, all right?
Speaker 1: She said I had no idea this was prohibited, and I get her pushback on the front where she's like, because I called one of the kids shorty, some of the people are saying like I was trying to flirt with one of the students, which it doesn't seem like there's any evidence of that. She's just she was probably not the person for substitute teaching.
Speaker 4: But I'm not creator her film all the time, especially if kids don't know that it's happening. But is this just like the significant difference with gen Z like her age considering and most of the generation is like TikTok. Social media heavy are we now to assume ten fifteen years from now that everything's being recorded for some sort of social media something.
Speaker 1: It just it matters what the rules are. If the school has rules about recording the students, that's what the rules are. I guess I would have expected that they went over them at least, i'd think with a substitute beforehand. I would never fire this woman because she doesn't barely speak the English language. I would go, like a teacher, what does it say what class she's teaching? I just says substitute teacher.
Speaker 3: And when I look at it, I think I'm going to send you a link to your email.
Speaker 1: I may have found the video. Yeah, nothing against her, It's just this doesn't seem like teacher material to me. She seems like a TikToker, which is what she probably should keep doing. And maybe the other part is not for her, which we found out with her losing her job on on day one. Miyata her name is Miata YadA Borders twenty four. This has fired after posting TikTok from class that appear to sexualize a student. I disagree with that. I don't think that there was sexualization of the student going on, and it turns of any of the stuff I've seen, But shorty does not always mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah something that that's like a like a sexual.
Speaker 1: Term of endearment. Short It's just a nickname. Yeah. And there are plenty of teachers that are definitely trying to bang the students. This just doesn't I don't have any evidence that this.
Speaker 3: Is one of This teacher sounds like she has zero zero, zero desire to bang students and also zero desire to teach students, desire.
Speaker 1: To make TikTok videos content. Yeah, you found your gig.
Speaker 4: Until she gets paid for it though, got a substitute teacher, I guess.
Speaker 1: Tough, tough world, you can only pick one. Well, it's been the decision has been made for her. It would appear she is no longer a teacher at the school. Let us know what you think, parents, especially chime in with your dispatches over at thenewsjunkie dot com. One of the other things I wanted to share with you, and you know, I'll save this for jury duty actually because it's definitely worth going into a bit more. This is about the LAPD in a situation they find themselves in another thing very quickly that's going viral today, have you, guys? I don't think either one of you has seen this. Anybody's seen the Paddington movies. No, Paddington and Paddington two. It's very very popular movies. What are you waiting for? Very popular movies. They're kids movies, but they're also off the cuff. I think one of them has like a ninety seven percent rotten tomatoes and the other one's very close. Paddington movies well received, fun family movie. Paddington's a Little Bear. They are taking the story to the stage, as they do with a lot of big properties. Yes, all the things you could think of, from Wizard of Oz to Spider Man to fire It's gonna be a great stage show. Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville I think was a stage show, a stage show. This is going to be a stage show too. Can I tell you whoever was responsible for creating the little Paddington Bear character that's going to be on the stage for this Who knows to you? Okay, I said to you, look how adorable this little son of a bitch is. Okay, I'm gonna bring this up here. It is all right, my goodness. The little thing they created there's a young person in there playing or a little person. I'm not sure. It's very nice to meet you.
Speaker 14: It doesn't cause an actor in a costume, but you can't help but think is Paddington.
Speaker 1: It's pretty damn it's so cute this thing, these little whiskey facial expressions.
Speaker 17: I'm remotely controlled by a second actor also doing the voice.
Speaker 1: So there's a person in the Paddington bear costume. I'll put this up on See It Now. And then there's a second person that has a facial thing on I think, and they're doing the like the facial movements of the bear and speaking. And then there's somebody just wearing the bear costume with the bear face on, and it looks like there is a little bear on the stage. It is absolutely adorable. And they've created this little character now for the Paddington stage show and people online are going nuts over it. I'll put this up for you right now. I'm grabbing a screenshot on See It Now so you could take a peek when you get a shot. It's pretty darn cute and it'll be up for you on the website in the Sea It Now section. In just a moment when we come back. Jury Duty is on the way. We'll get to that story I was talking about with the LAPD. It's pretty insane and you got to hear about this, so don't miss out on it. Plus, we've got more on that Blake Lively front in the court case there and what was happening the man who finally just discovered his real voice after thirty years. Will make sense of this, I'll explain it to you because that is coming up next. I'm going to use junk Kie before Jury Duty. I wanted to talk about this because I'm always interested in watching these kind of things develop out there. And Wendy's right Now is going through it. I just asked the folks on Chat. I was like, when you think of Wendy's right now, is it good or bad? And it was probably two thirds saying bad. Like their current idea of Wendy's and going to get food there is not good. It's bad. And I saw this week that they are unveiling an aggressive relawlaunch plan, like they are getting rid of all the promotions they have. They are getting rid of a bunch of the menu items that they've had for a while. Here they're blonde everything.
Speaker 4: I think there was a small moment Wendy's were like in their pr I loved the I mean that disrap album, the comics that were going viral on Twitter.
Speaker 1: But it doesn't sell burgers. I guess that's like the Internet world. You get Internet points in the Internet world, but it's not actually selling burgers or you know, if I had to say what Wendy's was famous for, I'd say, like Burger's chili nuggets. Probably it's not selling those things. Frost is another big one. If they went blonde on Wendy that would be quite the move. But they said prices have gone up too high, quality has gone down, and it's imploding. People are not going to Wendy's anymore. And Wendy he sees you, they see you out there, they see you not going to their location, and they're now saying, we're going to blow up the whole system. And I don't know if it will be, but it feels a little bit like Dominoes, where Dominoes said we messed up, we got to fix this, just give us another chance here and Wendy's is saying no. And I want to know, like, what, what is the problem for those of you who have been fans who go frequently like what has gone wrong with Wendy's because they seem to have fallen off while other places McDonald's is just always on point right, they're almost never slacking over there. Burger King is consistently in trouble. Taco Bell is always reinventing themselves and staying fundamentally in the lives of the younger generations. And that's very brilliant that they're doing that. But Wendy's, you know, used to be there, used to be a force in the fast food world, and despite all their luck on social media, it ain't happening for him, I guess in the real world. So I want to hear from you why that is let us know. All right, here we go, let's do it. It's time for jury duty.
Speaker 14: Courg is now in session, so put your phone down and pay attention before.
Speaker 1: We call the bailiff over to whip your ass. Your no injury duty with the news Junkie. Jury Duty brought to you by the one the only mode wit of the Wit Law Firm. Injured on the go, just call MO. Eight hundred Call MO. That's the number, eight hundred Call MO. So after you get into an accident that sean, what am I supposed to do next? Well, if you're okay, and if nobody really did anything that seemed out of ligne, then you do you. But if you're hurting, if you have any pain at all, you shouldn't worry about who the other driver is, or if your insurance rates are going to go up or any of that. You should worry about yourself, your family, and your future. And Modo Wit is used to taking cases exactly like that, pushing them against the insurance companies and in the end oftentimes you leave with one of those big checks. So after an accident, your family, your loved ones, make sure eight hundred CALLMO or JUSTCALLMO dot com. Here's what we got for you today. And jury duty. An update on the SNAP benefits. It looks like there's going to be about fifty percent of eligible households that get their SNAP benefits in the month of November. Now, in this court filing in Rhode Island, a federal judge said you should use these contingency funds, and the government said, okay, here's what we have. We have four point sixty five billion dollars in a contingency fund. And that will fund about half of people. Who's going to get the money? That's more up in the air right now. When are you going to get it? That's also up in the air right now. But this money is being siphoned over and it says November benefits that will be all obligated to cover fifty percent of eligible households. Current allotments are on the way, So we'll see it when there's an update on when do you expect that, who's going to get it? Et cetera, et cetera. Here's the story I was telling you about with the LAPD. Let me see if I'm gonna bring up the video on this, because it was just mind blowing, mind blowing you consider. I want to warn you ahead of time this is a little weird, but you're not going to if you're watching on YouTube or twitch tv, slash the news junkie. The video that I'm I'm going to show you here does not show the moment of impact. All right, I'm gonna warn you of that ahead of time. It does not show the moment of impact. The video of the impact of these LAPD officers smashing into this poor guy. It does exist, but it's not in here, all right. They're cruising down the road, lights going, siren's going, all right, and there was a guy on a skateboard in the center lane as the officers are cruising down the road and they when I say, they hit him hard boya oh he died. No, No, it was a fatal collision. It was a thirty year old man that was on a skateboard. He was riding a skateboard. He's in the center of the road. The cop drove into that center lane. His name is Jerry Estrada, or was the guy on the skateboard. Officers immediately pulled the vehicle to the side of the road and requested an ambulance. And there's a lot of questions about what exactly was going on, because they absolutely were as you heard, responding lights and siren. We all heard the lights and siren, right, yeah. But what they were responding to is more up in the air because they said they were responding with lights and sirens to police a perimeter for a parole at large. But it's unclear whether or not that's true. If they just fired up the lights and sirens, they got a whole different problem on their hands because this guy okay, and by the way, hang on, I got to pull the story here real quick. I'll be fast about this. Dash cam shows LAPDH the story. The reason why I want to bring this up is because Sabarena mentioned there they sounded like they were going or looked like they were going very fast. They said, uh that when they looked into this, they found that they were not driving quote, excessively fast. All right. Authorities have not confirmed the speed the officer was driving, but they have said that they weren't driving excessively fast. I'm sorry, but watching this, I'll try to go back to it now. Watching this, they they appear to be going quite fast. Yeah, they they appear to be going pretty fast as far as I'm concerned. The problem is the video so quick and.
Speaker 2: Then I'm looking at the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, when you watch the whole thing like you're watching. By the way, Sabrina, they else in the turning lane. They're in the center.
Speaker 4: But I'm not saying what they're going around. So had they been in the regular lanes because everyone had pulled over, it seems yeah, then could this have been avoided.
Speaker 2: I don't understand how this happened.
Speaker 1: But yeah, when you go back. There's nobody in this lane that they're getting out of. They I'm not gonna post it, but you see what I'm talking about. They now watch it, I deposit it.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you can't barely see it though.
Speaker 1: Because it happened so fast and how fast they were going. Yeah, and he went full under the car. They hit this poor guy, he's thirty year old dude, up under the vehicle, foam out the other side. And they said that they weren't driving quote, excessively fast. I don't know about that. I don't know. There's a way to find out very fast? Can we ask Moses that, like, if a cop hits something like this, is there a way to pull the data to get their current speed when this accident happened. I would imagine there's something monitoring that, but they'll be interesting to ask mos. Is that when he comes in later on this week? Pretty crazy?
Speaker 3: The other option there what you would have done before, stuff like black boxes and things like that. You have the camera footage. What you need to find out is the distance between two of those little reflective markers on the road. If it's easier, if it's a standard distance, because then you can just look up with the standard distances and and kind of estimate based on if they if the people putting that stuff into their job. But if this came down to like a really big trial, you would have somebody out there with a tape measure, you know, getting between them.
Speaker 2: Someone would be able to figure that out if they haven't already.
Speaker 3: But then you know, then just time how long it takes a point on the static point on the vehicle to cross those two points, and you would get the speed there going out.
Speaker 1: I will put this video, the version that I'm watching where it doesn't actually show the collision up on see it now so you can see what's going on. But for those of you that might respond and go, well, what's he doing in the road on his skateboard? Why is this thirty year old guy riding his skateboard in the road, and why is he in the center lane? He didn't have enough time to do anything. No, there was no reaction time. This thirty year old guy literally looked up, tried to like finagle his body anywhere but the front of that cop car and bam. You know, the force with which he hit was just unbelievable. So I'll put that up on see it now, you'd see more of what we're talking about, since it's a visual real quick.
Speaker 3: The thing that I've got from a traffic homicide investigator is that you can usually pull what the equivalent of a black box information from a car like that. However, oftentimes when it hits a pedestrian, the strike is not as like significant, so it might not register as.
Speaker 1: A collision really right, even though they plowed into a person.
Speaker 4: Couldn't you see with that footage and get a good like guests a matter of how fast they were going?
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I would have to be using the other ways that I was describing, like just doing the math.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Most said, there's a black box that you can you can see where you can monitor the actual speed of these vehicles, and to me, it seems like they're speeding. I don't know. I'll keep an eye on the story. Well, we'll see if there's anything to follow up on there when we come back. A man discovers his real voice after thirty years thirty years, what did he sound like before and after? We'll find out together and why that's coming up next, and then new us chunk key, I see this story this morning, and it says billionaires brace for likely mom Donnie win. And they're talking about zoron Mam Donnie in New York City. The guy is running for governor against Cuomo. And it's funny that they phrase it this way, because really, I wouldn't say it's billionaires. I would just say it's people who are wealthy in any way that are probably bracing for this guy to potentially win the mayoral race in New York City. In fact, he's proposed raising the top income tax rate from three point nine percent to five point nine percent for anybody making a million plus a year, which is about thirty five thousand people. Just in case you don't know this, people that make over a million dollars a year in New York City. Million dollars isn't an insane level of money per year in New York City. New York City is very very very very very expensive. A quarter million dollars a year is you're not rich if you're making that in New York City. And people who make a million plus, the amount that they're already paying on taxes is pretty wild. I mean, when you talk about first you know, local, then state, then federal taxes, and then all the other ways they get nickeled and dimed, and then the new taxes that would come through as a result of this election. I wouldn't blame those people. Anybody who makes a decent paycheck in a city like New York City for saying, Hey, if I can get out of here and go somewhere else where, I don't have to get tax to death. I'm going to do it. People do it all the time. And I still don't know why anybody lives in LA. The taxes are insane, insane. Everything is insane over there. I remember the first time I went and we passed by a gas station and I was like, whoa, whoa, whoa crazy. Yeah it is. It is. Indeed, He's right about.
Speaker 2: That, and I've said it better myself, Christopher.
Speaker 1: It isn't did crazy. When you look at this stuff like Los Angeles, New York City, they're all pretty close. The richest people in those cities, or even just people who make a decent amount of money, nificant amount of money, they pay taxes. You're like, got to tax the rich. They're already taxing the rich. Who do you think pays the taxes? Do you think the poor people are paying the taxes. They're not paying the taxes. Poor people pay like this, like a ten percent of total taxes in the United States of America. Less than that. A lot of them get money back. They don't actually net pay anything into taxes. The rich people are already getting nickeled and dimed. And when you say to somebody, all right, let's say we got a job for you. You're gonna make two hundred and fifty thousand dollars a year, but your rent is going to be five grand for a decent apartment a month. Also, here's the amount of tax that you're gonna get hit with. And for every dollar that you get paid, sixty five cents of it is going to go to the city or state New York. Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa crazy. This is ridiculous. You're like, imagine you get a paycheck and sixty five cents out of every dollar like sales tax fees that you pay everywhere, like you just they just keep squeezing you for it. So yeah, of course, anybody who makes money is going to go. The guy who's promising free buses and you know, city run grocery stores is probably not going to be good for me, and so they were doing the man on the street stuff all over the place. Amy was talking about this earlier a bit, especially with younger people who were saying, they're going to vote for the mom donnie. Do I voted for mom Donnie? Do you feel like socialism would work in New York City? No, not necessarily, that's pretty clipped, but I voted for him. Do you think socialism socialism will work in here city? No? I don't know where she went after that because the clip is cut there. But here's another old couple, very like manhattanite looking couple here. And what about the government run grocery stores? Do you think that that's a bottle that could work?
Speaker 22: Yes, I think there's too many three people and too many potatoes here that are five dollars a pound.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anything else? Too many.
Speaker 2: Walked by his eyes in the back of his head.
Speaker 1: You watch your mouth. This woman says there's too many Like what'd she say, five dollars per pound potatoes or something?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought you should find other potatoes, but something like that.
Speaker 1: All I could tell you is everywhere they've tried these city run grocery stores, they have been a disaster. They have shut the places down. They have ended up getting robbed all the time. They can't keep stuff in inventory. It's gross. Stuff is rotting. It's a nightmare everywhere they do it. And as I've said before in the show, grocery stores don't tend to have the biggest markup on general items in the store. It's not the place where they're really juicing you the most, so it's only moderately cheaper in some cases. All this stuff is just going to cost a lot of money and a lot of it's going to be a disaster. But some of these folks want it, So give it to them, baby, of it to him. That's what they want. Excited about him.
Speaker 22: I'm excited that he gets young people excited, and I'm excited to see people standing in line hopefully to vote or something and lasting.
Speaker 7: The number one comment I get on some of my videos is that socialism doesn't work.
Speaker 1: It's been tried many times. Why do you think it'll work.
Speaker 20: This isn't socialism. He's talking about social democracy. You know, government should work to encourage people to thrive and be successful, buddy. It shouldn't be a matter of of It should be a quality not supremacy. It should be a matter of bringing everybody up and not just having a few people taking too much money, too much money?
Speaker 1: Too much money?
Speaker 3: Point?
Speaker 1: Too much money? How much money is too much money? Did you hear the child in the background you voted yet? Is that voted? Stickers he has on? Or is this just like some rich person patch he's got it's a sticker. I don't know what it is. Something loaded. This couple says people making too much money. I would really challenge people to go, what is that number? What is that number? Because I see a lot of millionaires, matter at billionaires, But what's the number that's too much money? Is it a billion dollars? Is billion dollars too much? Is a million dollars too much? How much money is too much money? And when you start doing all these things, you're like, Okay, we're going to tax tax tax tex text. You can tax people all you want. But if you're the things that you do with the tax money don't work, you're not improving anything. You're not actually improving anything. You want to actually improve stuff In New York City, here's a wild idea. Why don't you get the unhinged deranged homeless people some help. Why don't you make it so people feel comfortable riding the subway and maybe they won't feel like they're going to get it costed. Maybe you can make it feel like there are people who punish folks who break the law, and that when you do break the law, you stay behind bars. If it's worthy of that, maybe you can improve those things. Those seems like quality of life improvements that can help for everybody else. Trying to make New York City affordable for every single person. It's the biggest city in the United States of America. It just ain't gonna happen. It's not gonna happen. You want affordable housing, you're gonna have to move. That's the way it works. Let me know what you think. Send a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com. But it says billionaires bracing for his win. He does look like he's got a good shot at it. I'll tell you that the mom Donnie dude does look like he has a good shot at I talked about this guy who said he just discovered his real voice. So since I teased it, let me work that in here. This man says here he is he says he's just discovered his real voice after thirty years of changing it to make others, uh comfortable. He's changed his voice for thirty years to make other people comfortable, which I can identify with for years. After thirty years, How is that not just your regular voice?
Speaker 2: Like, well, that's not a point.
Speaker 1: It's not I see people all the time, like I see uh, people who hype up accents and the way that they speak all time.
Speaker 2: Great example is a lot lower.
Speaker 4: Not only he's like this, but so when she's doing stuff, it gets higher and fry.
Speaker 1: I've heard I've heard a lot of people that do these sort of accents, and you go, I know, if I had a gun to your head, that's not how you speak. I know, that's not how you talk. And this guy says he changed to make people comfortable. You know what. It reminds me of the ed Geen stuff, because ed Geen was like, hey, the reason they said his voice sounded like Winnie the Pooh, the serial killer dude who was just featured in that, you know, the series on Netflix. Ed Gean they said, sounded like that, Oh yeah, the Winnie the Pooh, the little soft voice that he did because his mom was constantly mad at him, and he tried to adapt a voice that was the least annoying to his mother. He wanted, yeah, he wanted to make his voice sound in such a way that his mom would be less likely to be mad at him. And this guy is saying that was the same thing. So I want to see the actual post here. This is the guy, hold on, can I you know?
Speaker 8: Is what people would call my speaking voice. And this is the voice that I have spoken to my children, my partners, my family with since I was you know, maybe fourteen fifteen years old. And it doesn't bother me. This voice does not bother me. But this voice is the voice I speak with for a reason. And I am really curious.
Speaker 1: I'm wondering where this other voice goes, Like, is he's going deeper upside? Is it going higher? Cortney does a voice sometimes too, she does. She has a voice when she's trying to be sweet to somebody, if she's trying to ask somebody for help, her voice goes up, goes up a register and she'll be like, and there'll be a higher voice, and so what are you doing? What is that? She's like, I'm trying to be nice to them. I want them to know that I'm trying to be sweet in this moment as people do this, what's this I sound like when he's not doing this? If anyone else has noticed this about themselves.
Speaker 8: So when I started hitting first puberty, when I was, you know, eleven, twelve thirteen years old, my mother started saying something to me.
Speaker 1: She would say, you're mumbling. You're mumbling. You're always mumbling. Stop mumbling. You're mumbling. You're mumbling, mumbling, mumbling, mumbling.
Speaker 8: Mumble, mumbling came out of her mouth at me in every conversation for years.
Speaker 1: Sounds like he doesn't have a close relationship with his mother. I feel like things have soured between the two of them at some point here. I wanted to get to the point though, hit about.
Speaker 8: Eleven, twelve thirteen years old, and so I would speak up. I would squeeze my voice, I would speak up here. This is the register I would speak in. You guys, if you've been on this channel for a while, this is how I speak.
Speaker 1: You guys know that voice.
Speaker 8: And I'm try giving this to my partner a while back, and.
Speaker 1: She asked, so, what does your voice sound like? Yes, that's what everybody's asking. He's trying to get to like the two minute mark or something so we can really really monetize this.
Speaker 8: And I did something I have not done in my adult life ever about a year ago, which was to relax my throat and let noise come out of my face the way that it wants to come out of my face. This is my unaffected, unsqueezed voice.
Speaker 1: This is what my voice sounds like. Yeah, how weird is that? Though? Like on TikTok, don't most people kind of do a little bit of a hey everybody, Like overly.
Speaker 3: You've just talked to your partner like that all the same way you talk on TikTok all the time.
Speaker 1: That seems weird, But he's saying that he's done that over time.
Speaker 3: You're telling me you're the opposite of the movie trailer voice, like you're.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess. So I'm trying to find when he actually posted this. Oh, five point one million view is from this dude? And yeah, Timothy Timothy Daegold, Yeah, not a lot coming in from that, but he really tried to squeeze it out. Do you change your voice for anybody? Let us know? And what does your real voice sound like this is gonna be welcoming a bunch of trolls, I think, but we'll try it regardless. Let us know what you think over at thenewsjunkie dot com. Elias emails the show tips at the news Junki dot com. Hey about Wendy's, he says, I stopped going to Weddy's about two months ago when I realized they started changing. Are charging different levels of pricing depending on which topic you put on your burgers. Really, for example, if you got a regular single, which just pickles on you to catch up, it's one price. If you want lettuce, tomatoes and maynaise, it's another price. That's ridiculous. You figure out one price for everything and let people pick what they want. But that alone made me stop going. And honestly, I like their burgers more than anybody else's. But if I'm gonna pay that kind of money, I'll just go to Culver's now. PS is a side note. You were talking about marathon running yesterday. My brother is actually going to Greece tomorrow to run the actual marathon from the city of Marathon in Athens. That's cool, so I'm ready to hear about that. He's been training for quite a long time, says Elias, thank you for the email. More people sending in other substitute teachers that have been fired for stuff, and a Sea Ling said, some of this has been tracking back to the same place, like the substitute teachers are coming from the same like hiring plays.
Speaker 3: The woman that we just had in the TikTok video who looked very young, very very young. She was hired by Kelly Services, which is the same company that hired that guy in Orlando at Howard Middle who they said was had boners and was looking at possible pornography on his phone or yeah, maybe he said it was Instagram, but same thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he said something to the effect of like I couldn't help myself. I was I got like urges in the classroom, something weird like that, And he he was hired as a substitute teacher from the same exact staffing firm. Is it, Like, is it It's a pretty common firm.
Speaker 3: I think, Yeah, Kelly, Kelly Teaching or Kelly Services.
Speaker 1: So they're hiring so many people at this firm that they're not properly vetting all of them could be And then we get these substitutes because substitutes are important too. In my opinion, I think substitutes are important. They're not quite as important as teachers, but they're still very very important, and they should be like professional and you know, they should not be acting in these ways obviously, but maybe they're not being filtered out very well. Maybe they're not interviewing them in any kind of way that they're filtering out the good from the back.
Speaker 3: When you're getting some of these substitute teachers, you're probably getting somebody who just needs a part time gig in between gigs. You know, like you would think that in a perfect world, the people being the substitute teachers, it would be a step in the direction of becoming an actual teacher. But it's so hard to get actual teachers that why would people be lining up to be the even more abused substitute teacher, you know, where the kid passes around the note that tells everybody to cough at a certain time, or or varying levels of abuse.
Speaker 1: That seems to be a problem, right because there's no shortage of these body cam footage from arrests of teachers and and teachers filming themselves getting in trouble. This is another one all messed out. I guess teachers in the classroom, Okay, she's out of it. She's like, you're just they're saying she's week. I guess that's fair. That seems like a fair way to draw this out. And I don't know what this is from. Somebody had suggested maybe this was the one. Remember the teacher who got so high she thought one of her students was a dog. Yes, yes, this might be that. Lady. Help me, she has cocaine in the building right now.
Speaker 6: On his way.
Speaker 1: The one that thought her kid was a dog. I think was on cocaine, wasn't she was? That was that on the first Let's see, that was October first, That's when this was from same lady.
Speaker 2: Maybe she does cocaine all the time and this was bad.
Speaker 1: Or here's the other problem. Maybe it's not her and there were two different teachers who did this. This would be a larger problem, I would think. But this lady is deaf and lead all the stories.
Speaker 3: That say teacher was so high on cocaine she thought one of our students was a dog. October eleventh, October ninth, eleventh, Very very likely that that is what the video we're watching. Is this is ten oh one?
Speaker 1: Yeah, a couple of there when the stories came out, okay, yeah, yeah, they were getting ready to go. He literally said, she's but he also comes.
Speaker 23: From a background in which she would be able to identify times.
Speaker 6: Thanks walking came in.
Speaker 2: And look at her feet.
Speaker 1: She's tweaking to the hospital and one of the boys, Yeah, restless leg syndrome. That's my problem. That's that's what we've encountered here. Good God, what's going on in the teaching world? What's happening there? Teachers shown in Please send us a dispatch or an email. Go over to thenewsjunkie dot com right now, quick break back with those responses. First of all, well, they captured an EMO that's been on the Louise for a real long time. This EMU now back in custody. What happened in the meantime you'd be surprised. Wait until I tell you what went down here. We have a story about a teenager that's going to be tried as an adult, and a whole lot more, including mad Max mode under investigation. What does that mean? It's coming up next in the news Junkie. I'll tell you one thing that I hate. I hate, hate, hay hay, hate the politicization of everything. And I saw recently, I don't know if you guys have seen any of the buzz, not too much of it, but there's some about this new Sydney Sweeney movie. Apparently she like completely changed her look and really tried to sink into this character in this movie she's doing is called Christy and it's about like a boxer or something of the sort. And what I hated was I saw the early reviews coming in, and this was a website where they take all the different movie reviews from everywhere and they show you what people are starting to say about this upcoming movie as the reviewers get to peek at it. And I would bet every dime I have, I could tell you the political affiliation and what party these people were attached to buy their reviews, every single one of them, every single one of them. The idea that I would know who you vote for because of how you review a movie that should never be a thing. That's so weird to.
Speaker 2: Me, very weird. But see it's so twenty twenty five. It just I could see the same thing.
Speaker 4: And I'm curious how you could tell is it the way they we're typing, or the things that were saying.
Speaker 1: Well, obviously was the things that were saying. And they're talking about Sidney Sweeney. So even though I still don't think she's very controversial at all, what did you forget about the genes? Yeah, the jeens at really did it for some people, like, oh my god. So I could read into these reviews and they would mention stuff like they'll talk about, oh, another white woman at the center of a struggle piece, and it's like, God, why why can I see your politics through your movie review? Why? Why are you bringing up all these things? Why is she lodged into the center of your culture work? Review the movie? Dummy? You barely have a job to begin with, just review the movie and tell everybody how you felt about this. Why can't I look down the list of reviews and be like, that person's this party, that person's this party, that person's this party. That Why about a people just going Hey, here's what I think about this thing, and I'm gonna do this crazy thing. I'm gonna separate my political beliefs from my opinion on this particular piece of art.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, why should be hard? Why should the race, even matter she was playing a real person, I know, but.
Speaker 1: They'll say, well, we should have centered something out. Some of these were very like identity base, the identity based people who all of their identity markers, whether it be race or sexuality, are the most important things to their personality. And it just rings through in everything. And I'm like, just review the movie. Did she suck?
Speaker 14: Or know?
Speaker 1: Was she good?
Speaker 15: Or was she bad?
Speaker 1: Was the movie fun or bad or good? Or make you cry or laugh or you know, just give me the rundown on how good the movie was. And for me, it seems like it's harder to find that. It's kind of why I only care about and I've told you this before in the show Amazon reviews. When there's a lot of them, a lot of them, and Rotten Tomatoes audience reviews, all I care about for that stuff. If there's one hundred thousand people who say that a movie is a ninety plus, the odds of that movie not being pretty good are low. I think that one hundred thousand people is where you can weed out the politics. One person will be like, damn, that was the best movie I've ever seen. But the person involved in this, I don't like them for this political reason, in this political reason, so let's crap all over it.
Speaker 2: Take the commentary.
Speaker 4: It's kind of a star attachment at this point, Like why not, why are we giving that opportunity for anyone to review? Like go back to the old school days of where the movie is released and you either it's like word of mouth or that's it, because it seems like everyone just craps on anything possible as soon as they can.
Speaker 1: Well it's almost especially there's also some element of I don't know that people like these types of movies anymore. Like the Rock with the one that he was in was very similar to this, I would say, pretty similar to the Rock the Smashing Machine movie, and he kind of did the same thing where he totally reinvented him himself and like you looked very very different for this role.
Speaker 3: I just saw the thing flopped man poster for The Smashing Machine. It was the first time I'd seen any picture of the Rock in the role, and it looked like they wanted Rocky, but Rocky is like eighty now. It looked like they made the Rock look like Sylvester Stallone.
Speaker 1: Somebody says, check out the reviews for The Black Little Mermaid. Lol, I'm sure, yeah, I'm sure you see this on anything like this where there's anything cultural that's brought up, Like I don't want to know your politics through the things that you like. What a boring person you are if that's the case, What an absolutely boring person if you can't separate those things, and like I you have you're like, I gotta have the right opinion on this thing. I must fully line up with my politics all the time, just like stuff for dislike stuff. Is Cidney Sweeney good in this movie, Christy or does she suck? That's the only thing that matters for Smashing Machine with the rocket looks like people say, a lot of people think it sucks. They want him to do something.
Speaker 4: That movie was first announcer like, this is his oscar when we know it.
Speaker 6: And maybe it is.
Speaker 1: But the movie costs fifty million to make and it only made eleven million dollars. That's tough.
Speaker 2: That's a huge amount of debt for him, we know it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is. That is a very very tough one for the people who financed this movie. And then you go, rock, it's time for you to get back into the Jumanji world. That's where the people love you. That's what they want to see. We want to do more of these Tesla's Mad Max mode. Tesla drivers. The mad Max mode is now under federal investigation on whether or not it is responsible for more aggressive driving on the streets. They demanded answers the NHTSA, the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration. Yeah, it doesn't say it in front of me, so I was winking it. But the NHTSA isn't mess around. They've demanded answers from Tesla after reports suggested this mad Max mode might encourage carl cars to blow pass speed limits, go into other lanes, and act like they own the road. So they're upset about Tesla for doing this. And I don't know if they would go back and take the feature away, but that would.
Speaker 3: It does seem a little irresponsible, Like you're mad Max. You're you're popping the buttons here, You're you're tapping the screen and one of the settings is your speed profile and there's four icons. One says chill and it's got a little umbrella with what looks like maybe a sun, and it's like nice chill. Standard is just a check mark, you know, with the looks like a metal hurry. Is a clock that looks like it's in a hurry, which you think, all right, if I choose hurry, am I breaking the law? Like is it speeding? And then mad Max looks like a little cowboy with a I can't tell if it's supposed to be Mexican or not.
Speaker 1: But what it does? It just take all the limits off. Is that what it does? It?
Speaker 3: I think it's still part of full self driving, so it's it's not how you drive, it's how the car drives itself. Oh no way, But it seems like you're telling the car to drive itself like a less safe driver.
Speaker 1: Let me see.
Speaker 3: It's like if we had you know, sean mode, which is all the way to the left, yeah, and then the rest of us.
Speaker 1: No, you're right though, it's full self driving, so it's not even like, hey, you can hit the gas harder, you can steer more aggressively and will change the the power output of the vehicle. It's literally the car just doing that.
Speaker 2: So oh man, I want to try it for it?
Speaker 1: Will will Tesla will a Tesla speed.
Speaker 3: And full self drive sounds like it, It says literally on this article Tesla has brought back its mad Max mode for fsd uh supervised, it says, supervise full self driving. Sure you're supposed to have your hands on the wheel that ignore speed limits amid several regulatory investigations in the Tesla's system being dangerous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we'll see if they change it. They might make them changing. Somebody says change it Tomorrio kart mode.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that's gonna find on what it sounds like, so I might not fix things, all right.
Speaker 1: Quick break. When we come back, we'll do the final dispatches, stories that didn't make the cut, and today learned to wrap everything up for a share the show Tuesday that is coming up next on the news. Chunky, all right, let's get into these one by one. Final dispatches go first because I haven't played a dis but Sean will probably only play we see what we got here. I'll dig through them. I'll sift through to find the best of the best and see what we got on the way out. Just for the record, mister Predicto in the studio has predicted that Mom Donnie is going to win the mayor race for New York City. Interesting Predicto mister Predicto is pretty accurate on this stuff. I think mister Predicto is right about that. I think he might win. That's gonna be the one that that the race that's whether you say you care or not, is just going to draw on the most attention because it's not a huge election, but everyone's talking about it. Let's see what we got here. Here is l score show with a dispatch.
Speaker 15: Hey, so I work with.
Speaker 23: Kids in a pediatric setting and it's actually part of our training not to change our voice for kids. But it's so so hard because it's just like what we naturally want to do to like get on their level. But they even say it's better for baby like, you know, cognitive development to speak to them in your normal tone because that actually promotes, you know, more accurate language.
Speaker 2: Development than like baby talk does.
Speaker 23: But yeah, it's just so hard to I want to like get excited with a kid, and you still can, but you just want to do it like a normal person. And I'm somebody who fluctuates in my voice and tone and its selection is that the word I don't even know that's right. I so just wanted to put my intake in there because I thought that was such an interesting part of my training and something I had to like really think about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my god, I'm supposed to tell my kid, hey, we're going to bed now, that's right, Hey, we're let's we're let's go to sleep, and not go, okay, we're going to Seape's sweet peas.
Speaker 1: You're not supposed to do that. Actually, I think as a parent it's fine to do it. But I think they're saying more the teachers, like the teachers are supposed to talk, and we didn't have a.
Speaker 3: Whole lot of public school teachers right now or not yet. Professional. Yeah, he'll get there and let's see. Uh, you know, that'll have to do it for now. Thank you for all your dispatches. You could still send yours in. Perhaps it shows up at another point in time, Perhaps it does not. If you do a great job, you get a star. If you do a bad job, you get a frownie face. And we'll leave all of them where they are for now. Everybody did an okay job today.
Speaker 1: As we get the hell out of here, let's do these stories that didn't make the cup open AI now embracing erotica. According to some new stories, they're suggesting that the verified adults accounts are going to be served up erotica starting very very soon, and people in the romantic novel world are very worried about this cutting into their bottom line, which yeah, I think it probably would. That makes sense. Let's get the hell out of here, let's do today. I learned The.
Speaker 20: Following information may make you feel smarter, but will not actually increase.
Speaker 1: Your IQ, So don't get cocky. Now it's done, or what we call today. It is Today learned for a Tuesday, November fourth, twenty twenty five, and today learned this song Oh No, beat It is right, The iconic guitar solo in beat It by Michael Jackson was done by the one and only Eddie van Halen, not Van Hagar, and before the solo when he did this, it was Michael Jackson tapping on a drum case to the beat of the solo and it was like, uh left in the song. I think at one point in time you could hear it. But then they replaced that with Eddie van Halen's solo, and he was so intense recording this. Some sources say that the guitar amplifier he was using caught on fire, which sounds kind of rock and that's the take we use. Yeah, you keep that one no matter what the damp is burning, then you know you've done something right. Rock and roll is definitely happening. Let's go to the final one here today. Learn this band right here. That's right, Social Astortion. This was kind of crazy to read. The band's Social Distortion has been around since nineteen seventy eight. They are older than I am, and they started an Orange County in the hardcore scene of the late nineteen seventies. Social Distortion went on hiatus in the eighties and then still after all these years, they continue to tour and record music and record music. Excuse me, thank you so much for hanging out with us. We do appreciate it. We're back tomorrow, same time, same place. Missed any of the show, Get the podcast at thenewsjunkie dot com. We'll see it tomorrow. Everybody to us A way us away. Wait voun