Speaker 1: This is the Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tope Sheldon Roundtable Show look from Lunnecks, presented by Postman Law. Brought to you in Part five on the East and Onto East Power Equipment Dealer Skyline Chile feeling good. It's Skyline time. R and L Carriers. Visit RLC dot com and make R and L Carriers your global transportation provider, your trice eight Chevy Dealers, Chevrolet the number one selling Brandon Cincinnati for the past nine years. Chevrolet Together, let's drive Postman Law Injured called eight four four Postman Others promised Postman delivers and by Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tope Sheldon five one three five one three t oph on seven hundred WLW, the home of the best Bengals coverage.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get to at six nine on seven hundred WLW. If it's Thursday night, it must be the Roundtable Show, and that means we are at long Necks. Long Necks in Hebrew in the spot for at least a couple more weeks. Welcome in on this Thursday night, Lance McAllister Rocky Boyman two hours. Come in your way. It's Bengals, Bearcats, It's high school football, it is college football, and it's fantasy football. There's football to be talked. We will do it between now and eight o'clock. Rock they are so on top of things here at Long Necks in Hebrew. It's why we love them. As you walked in, your order was already in, because you're a man, a creature of habit and a man of a philosophy of sticking to what you enjoy. And within like sixty seconds of sitting down, your food was here.
Speaker 3: You know, I even thought walking in here, Mike, at some point are they gonna know that I get the same thing every week?
Speaker 4: And boom, sure enough they did.
Speaker 2: You're kind of like norm from Cheers. When you walk in, we should just say Rock and like sliding norm a beer, maybe sliding you your.
Speaker 4: Your friis my Tristip stay case of the.
Speaker 5: There you go, There you go, There you go, rock Boy.
Speaker 2: We there were stages in this season during a losing streak we wondered what we would talk about at times and thought about the long game of a seventeen week season. We man, this season might go south, and what will we talk about? And then all of a sudden, this week Joe Burrow is is activated into the twenty one day practice window and lo and behold is out there practicing and rock from a very selfish standpoint of what what what helps me and what helps you? We got a topic. We've got Joe Burrow And I mean, but not only did did we not know? And it was a surprise to us. It was like a surprise those whole team. That's like what talk about?
Speaker 4: Like my god, what is he doing here? Kind of thing? But maybe that's a good little boost for the.
Speaker 2: Bengal There you go, and plenty to talk about, plenty of different aspects of that return to talk about.
Speaker 5: Let me get to the headlines so we can go.
Speaker 2: Start with those Bengals who continue to work for the Steelers on Sunday. Among those not practicing, Trey Hendrickson, samaj p Ryan, Shamar Stewart, Lucas Patrick and Jermaine Burton out with illness again. Thursday Night Football six and two eight and two Patriots. Welcome to two and seven Jets. Patriots looking for an eighth straight win after starting zero to seven. The Jets have won back to back games. Around Thereby college football number twenty two, you see host Arizona for a noonkick on Saturday. U See's offensive line named a semi finalist for the Joe Moore Award, which annually recognizes college football's most outstanding offensive line.
Speaker 5: Joe Moore was in Indy when you were there?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 2: Was Joe Moore? Was Joe Moore the offensive line coach with the Colts when you were playing?
Speaker 7: Or not?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 4: Tom More?
Speaker 5: Oh that's right, that's who I'm thinking. Okay, I'm confusing my Moors.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 5: Nice saved by you.
Speaker 2: Chad Brendle talks to Bearcats at seven O six tonight. Bearcats on the basketball floor returned to action Sunday when they host Mount Saint Mary's Talk u See Hoops after us with the West Miller Show at eight College Basketball Tonight showdown in Tuscaloosa, Number two at number nine Alabama and Mount Saint Joe host Otterbine. The Reds announced Oscar Marine as bullpen coach. Today. He enters his seventeenth season as a professional pitching coach and eighth as member of a major league staff. He spent the past six season, says the Pirates pitching coach. Also, Matt Tracy has moved to assistant pitching coach for the Reds after serving as the club's bullpen coach the last three seasons. Former assistant pitching coach Simon Matthews left the Reds to become pitching coach for the Washington Nationals. Quizing all this a little bit later on, the Florence Yawls today named former Major League catcher Toby Hall as their team's new manager. He played parts of nine Major League seasons, mostly with the Tampa Bay Rays. At two to sixty two lifetime hitter throughout thirty three percent of Runners Hockey Bluejackets skate on home ice against Edmonton tonight at seven thirty. As you heard off the top during news, MLS announcing a major shift in their competitive calendar basically by twenty twenty seven, and they are going to flip to a July through May schedule. They will take a mid winter break, but the current regular schedule is February to October. February to October. They'll now play July through May starting in twenty twenty seven. There'll be a quiz on all that a little bit later on as well. All Right, I think we're set. We have our cast of regulars tonight, guest Wise Mike Petralia Trags coming up at six point twenty, Chad Brendle at seven o six, Bearcat Journal, Greg Shoemaker Tri State Football Tonight has some high school matchups to get to, and Dan Klaskins has fantasy football coming up at seven fifty. All right, so rock what I found interesting? I ask a very very scientific Twitter question this week on ex Atlanti Pacallister. It was simply, do you want Joe Burrow to play this season for the Bengals?
Speaker 5: What do we make of this? At last check?
Speaker 2: And this is in the thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of votes right now, and it's been steady throughout the week, fifty seven percent of Bengal fans are saying no, they do not want Joe Burrow to play this season. My initial thought would be thinking the season is over and not wanting to hold their breath thinking he will get hurt again.
Speaker 4: Right, So there's no stipulations.
Speaker 2: It's just do you want to It's straight do you want to see Joe Burrow play again this season?
Speaker 3: I mine have stipulations if the Bengals are in it and they're ready to go, which I honestly find hard to believe, than yeah, bring them back. But if not, I would say, no, what do we always talk about protect the investment?
Speaker 2: Yes, I've gone back and forth on this all week. I tend to lean towards if and this is this is a very simplistic approach. But if he's obviously, if he's medically cleared and he feels good, I want him to play. I mean what, and yet I understand that caveat of play for what reason? If they if they were to lose their next two, they're they're effectively done. And yet I also wonder, and you tell me this from a playing standpoint, Joe's only played a game and a half this season. If he's medically cleared and he feels good in practice and they are out of it with five or six games to go, I don't approach this from a he's making this much money. I approach it from don't players play if you're healthy? What do you understand the argument? Yeah, then players play if they're healthy. Because if if you protect Joe Burrow and say, well, he's not gonna play because the season's over, then why would anybody else who's managing any type of bump, bruise, strain, injury think they need to bust their tail to get on the field. Do you understand where I'm coming from.
Speaker 3: Yes, But that would assume they're under the false premise that they're as valuable as Joe Burrow, and most players understand that they or not. And yeah, if you're the you know, if you're me, you're out there, you're fighting, scratching clong to go out there and play. I just think it's different if you're Joe Burrow, especially with his whole history of injuries and that sort of thing.
Speaker 2: Well, is there something to be said for well, we'll talk about this later. Is there something to be said for this? Let's see, he would have last played. They played probably the first week of January last season, so January to September of next year. If he only plays a game and a half from January all the way to is there. I just I wonder. I mean, he's missed so much time. And again I'm not penalizing him saying earn your money. I'm not doing it from that standpoint. I just wonder if he doesn't have to play because you have to play and just do football things. And yet I think everybody will hold their breath when he drops back to pass when he does come back, and hope he doesn't get hurt.
Speaker 3: I understand exactly what you're saying, and that is, and I say it all the time. How do you get good at anything? You do it over and over. If you took a year off of dring shows, you wouldn't be as great right away.
Speaker 4: So I get that.
Speaker 3: But again, it's it's it's it's the history, and it's it's the understanding of you're protecting the investment and if there's nothing to really go for him and play.
Speaker 4: He's not the same.
Speaker 3: It's not the same as a backup linebacker or a wide receiver.
Speaker 4: It's Joe Burrow.
Speaker 3: He's the franchise and that's the key that that's Zach Taylor has away not doing what's best for Joe Burrow, but what's best for the franchise.
Speaker 2: Well as trags about it. Mike Petrelli he joins us. Next it's the Cincinnati Tax Resolution, Power by Tope, showed on Round Table Show Long Next in Hebrew presented by Postman Law seven hundred WLW al right back on the Round Table show Long Next in Hebrew presented by Postman Law. Brought to you in bart By, Hawksworth Blood Centers, Hawksworth Donors, Saved Lives Last Mecalyst Rocky Boyman Time to Talk with our guy joins us every week at this time covers the Bengals for c l NS. Since he with the Y dot Com host of the Jungle War podcast on you Tube. He's the man they call Trags Mike petrallon Trags, I'm gonna ask you a question. I don't know if you've heard people are buzzing about this Joe Burrow thing, So I'm going to ask you what do your eyes show and tell you this week in watching Joe.
Speaker 9: Burrow, he's moving comfortably. He's throwing the ball with great fluidity and strength. He looks like the Joe Burrow we saw late in training camp and in the preseason. Zach Taylor agreed with that observation on Wednesday that he looked terrific, looked out standing.
Speaker 6: On Monday. He's throwing the ball great.
Speaker 9: He even moved out of the pocket in individual drills. He's not doing eleven on eleven chip, but he's doing everything you would hope to see from Joe Burrow to this point. I hate using the cliche, but he's checking all the boxes. The one thing we don't know is how he will look when he's trying to move quick the little dance steps inside the pocket to get out of trouble. Will his foot respond to that appropriately. But to this point, he looks tremendous. He looks very strong, and he also looks very relaxed. And obviously it's kind of dangerous sometimes to rate in the body language. But I will tell you both from his press conference on Monday and his interaction that we've seen at practice with Joe Burrow, with Joe Flacco, and obviously Jake Browning and Sean Clifford the other three quarterback, the other two quarterbacks, he looks like he's getting along well.
Speaker 6: He looks comfortable. You know.
Speaker 9: I think he has in his mind the date of Thanksgiving night. I believe that's November twenty seventh, to return to action and be ready to go. And if he checks all the boxes, I don't see any reason why he wouldn't try.
Speaker 3: I couldn't be more fascinated in this alleged contraption he's wearing protecting his toe. Any information on what sort of brace, what sort of thing is being is on his foot now to help brace that toe.
Speaker 9: No, I haven't seen it, Rocky, and I'm sure it's you know, the orthopedic contraption on steroids if you will, It is the most complex orthopedic instrument that you could come up with. Is in there to protect and cushion the toe? What I'm curious to find out, and we probably should have asked us had we been doing our job properly on Monday, is does that give him any restriction?
Speaker 6: How does it feel playing with it?
Speaker 9: I mean, in in all fairness, at that point on Monday, he had only been at practice one day. So you know, that's what We're going to have to wait and see. How does Joe Burrow respond once he returns to eleven on eleven activities likely next week, How does it feel? And how does his foot respond from playing repetitively on it.
Speaker 2: And drags? In terms of a return to normalcy, Jamar Chase is back to messing with him again. Huh yep, And that was hilarious today, saying, given the fact that Joe Burrow is such an MMA fan, he likes to kick him, head butt him, punch him, and.
Speaker 9: Once he starts he said, once he starts punching him. Burrow will usually punch back, and I found that fascinating. Was also interesting this began, you know, I thought it was terrific of Paul Dayner, junior of the athletic to ask this, When did this begin? And you know the natural assumption would be at LSU. Well, yes, it started at LSU, but not until his senior year because initially, Jamar said, Joe Burrow didn't talk to anybody, so you didn't know. If the guy's not talking to anybody, you don't mess around with him until you really get to know him. And that wasn't until their senior year together, and it's kind of continued while they've been together with the Bengals. Also, he said would he asked if he would do it during games, He really had to pause and think, and he said maybe after a touchdown drive kind of mess around with him then, But I don't think you're going to be doing that after he just went three and out and you're down by seven points in the middle of the third quarter.
Speaker 3: So track to and I don't know everybody you talked to when the toe injury happened. Everything, every indication to me was that this thing was very serious, you know, that that kind of thing nothing to mess around with, a very complicated kind of joint. So I think him the fact that he was activated on the twenty one day window on.
Speaker 4: Monday was such a shock. What do you think happened?
Speaker 7: Did?
Speaker 8: Was?
Speaker 3: Did he just accelerate his rehab and really respond.
Speaker 4: Well to that?
Speaker 3: Was it not as bad as maybe people originally thought?
Speaker 4: What's the case here?
Speaker 9: The former not the last. He definitely accelerated his rehab. And if you know anything about Joe Burrow and his previous four significant injuries, he's attacked the rehab process incredibly aggressively, getting back way ahead of schedule, and this has been no different. And take this for what it is, but Burrow said that he's been through ligament injuries before, and this of course is one of those. He said, this is hasn't risen to the complexity, certainly of the risk which I think was the most complicated to come back from and the knee.
Speaker 6: This is not those type of injuries.
Speaker 9: He kind of figured, I guess early on after surgery and the way it was responding, that he would be able to attack it, go through everything and ramp it up more quickly and as long as your body responds, there's no reason not to continue on that path. The moment you feel anything abnormal, obviously, doctors and physical therapists are going to tell you to back off and let the thing heal because you don't want to do more damage. But in this particular case, Burrow has made it to this point without any complications. Knock Wood, and you know he anticipates on keeping that acceleration through to the practice field this week, next week, and see where it winds up on Thanksgiving night.
Speaker 2: All right, Trags, You've got a lot more on this, everything from Joe Flacco and the twist and turn of his season and his reflections and said Johnson's opportunity and more. Tell everybody how they can read, watch, and follow.
Speaker 9: Joe Flaco Yoda of the Bengals during a season of chaos is what I have up there now on CLN S sin C with a y dot com. I had fun putting that together. Needless to say, he's just so much, He's so awesome to talk to and so insightful. That's going to be up there tomorrow. Look out for a story and column on and Javar Chase and T Higgins also spoke, both being flat out surprised and almost shocked that Burrow was back on the field this week. That'll be up on Sealing Us since with the y dot com all of the locker room interviews, including a nice piece with Seda Johnson, who could be a big player in this week's game in Pittsburgh the defensive end in his third year out of Ole miss. That's on Trags at Trags, on the x t r Ags and the podcast page. As always YouTube dot Com, Slash Jungle Roar Pod.
Speaker 2: Must read, watch and follow. Thank you, sir, look forward to you talking to you next week.
Speaker 6: All right, gentlemen, take care.
Speaker 2: He is Trags, Mike, try to check it. In our weekly segment on the Bengals, we'll take a time out of continue get to some observations on the first part of the season and what we need to see from some guys in the remaining eight games of the season. He's Rocky Appliance Cincinnati tex Illution powered by Tope Sheldon Round Table Show presented by Postman Law. We're at Long.
Speaker 5: Necks in Hebrew seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Six thirty eight seven hundred WLW Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tope Sheldon Round Table show. We're hanging at it long next in Hebred. It's all presented by Postman Law, brought to you in part by ever Dry Waterproofing. It's not dry till it's ever dry. Lance fora callister, Rocky Boyman roll until eight tonight. Rock We talked about a little bit during the break we earlier in the season there was a thought maybe, depending on how things go, Bengals could be a wildcard team. It looks like there's a big grouping of teams ahead of the Bengals are gonna make that very difficult. But we were talking during the break this division is still very attainable in terms of the Bengals finding a way to wind up on top of the AFC North. The Steelers are only five and four. The Bengals have beaten them once, They've got them this weekend. Zach was asked earlier this week about the AFC North being the path to the playoffs and how big this game is on Sunday, Here's What's exit.
Speaker 3: Does the stakes feel higher going into this week knowing that in the North is probably your best path to getting a division.
Speaker 4: Of getting the playoffs one?
Speaker 2: How does the Saints feel going into.
Speaker 10: A game like that, and the stakes always feel high in divisional games. So I don't think where we're at in our season is different, but you do feel, you know, anytime you're getting a chance. Right now, look at your two o in the division. You got a chance to go three to oh and that would be a huge step in the right direction of putting us back in with with the teams that are at the top two of our division. So it's always significant regardless of where we're at. You know, whatever game the regular season we're at, when you're playing a divisional game, chance to go one to know and separate yourself a little bit from the pack or get yourself into the pack. Huge we're embracing. It always feels like a big game when you're playing these types of games.
Speaker 2: Zach Taylor earlier this week, and if if the path is the AFC North and you've got the Steelers this weekend, then the word must win has been thrown around Jamar Chase it as much earlier today. If it's going to happen, you've got to take care of the Steelers on Sunday, If if only for the momentum and the belief and the numbers, the math gets The math is really fuzzy right now. If you don't win on Sunday, the math is just almost impossible to look at it and see away through.
Speaker 3: Well, you and I talk to each other into believing nine and eight will look at this team.
Speaker 2: We decided that the.
Speaker 3: Last month, Yes you know, but look, you're right in This weekend is obviously critical because it's Pittsburgh. Already got one win against Pittsburgh, you get two. Now you've won three games in the division. You like to think you'll get the Cleveland game that's four and then two games in Baltimore.
Speaker 4: You go five and one.
Speaker 2: Yep, and you would hold a time breaker over the Steelers. Haven't beaten them twice.
Speaker 4: So and it all comes down this weekend.
Speaker 2: It does. It all hinges, it's so much of it because you can make the argument that if they get this one and you could lose to the Patriots, then Joe returns on Thanksgiving. But if you lose this one and to lose the Patriots, when we're back to your original point, then everything's done and what's the use.
Speaker 4: So to go nine to eight requires the Bengals go six and two.
Speaker 2: Six and to the rest of the way. The last three they'll win. Let's do Let's be optimistic, right because the last three or who that's uh, Miami, Arizona, Cleveland. So those are three of them. So then the other games you have to go three and two. Let's talk ourselves into that. Could they go three and two in those games?
Speaker 7: Sure?
Speaker 2: Now they're nine to eighth, they win the division and we're we're holding a playoff edition of the route table ship. Look at how so easy? You know what everybody's complaining?
Speaker 5: Oh now wait a minute, Rock, there's defense.
Speaker 3: And that's what all the numbers and all these little charts we have here that's going to cause us to drink. It really does, because that unit is not getting any better.
Speaker 2: See that's the thing. Any any conversation about abilities, it may be a stretch, it may be a reach, but you can you can mount the the evidence. But the fallback is always but they have a defense that's the worst in the league. No matter what we're gonna say, somebody justifiable would say, uh, excuse me, what about the defense? And there's no there's no answer to that. Right now.
Speaker 3: Should we also say right now that Hendrickson didn't practice today and Shamar Stewart likely not to play.
Speaker 4: Should we say that or not?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yep, I think we just possible.
Speaker 3: Looking at on the on the spreadsheet, it is mathematically possible. All comes down this weekend.
Speaker 2: Rock you know what it's time for what it is time for our standing ovation for We're not gonna just make it last week. We're gonna make this big. We're gonna make it our standing ovation of the first nine weeks of the season. It is presented by Ovation, the urban resort where Cincinnati coming to the Newport come together. We love Suzanne and the gang at Ovation. They're not listening to us right now, but it was a pleasure to meet Jerry his or husband as well. He's not listening to us at this point. But we love Ovation. We thank them for their support, and we remind you that bold moves deserve bold views. At Ovation luxury waterfront condos bring the Cincinnati skyline at Ohio River right to your window. Don't miss your chance to be first be bold toward today at Ovation on the River, dot Com, Ovation applad Life Experience Ovation. I say all of that to get to this. If I were to ask you about the MVP of this team through the first nine games of the season, would we be justified in saying, man, if you look at the numbers, Jamar Chase is put up with three different quarterbacks. He had to go from Joe into the difficulty and the clunkiness of the offense with Jake Browning through Joe Flacco. Do you know Jamar Chase has seventy six catches for eight hundred and thirty one yards and five touchdowns rock through all of this through three quarterbacks, He's on pace for one hundred and forty four catches. It's incredible.
Speaker 3: And when you mentioned from that point he's with three different quarterbacks, he's had one who was.
Speaker 2: Really awful in a four game stretcher lost his job as a result.
Speaker 4: No, yeah, certainly the MVP.
Speaker 3: I mean, you can make a case for Flacco coming in in the circumstances, but for you know, the core Bengals Jamar Chase.
Speaker 2: All right, so standing ovation from ovation to Jamar Chase. Now let's go to the defensive side of things because we must time to review last week's defensive play of the game. Will make it a defensive review of the first part of the season, brought to you by O'Connor Achani and Levy Attorneys. You know attorneys you trust. Visit oh A l Dash Law dot Com. I can now do that in my sleep. I'm so good at saying it. I would think of all things that have gone wrong with this team, if we were to look at something that has gone right, it may be one thing. DJ Turner. DJ Turner, now in his third season leagues leads the league in pass breakups. He has two interceptions. He's twenty five years old and Rockwell, we've searched all season for some something to cling to and build on. DJ Turner feels like something you can count on and build on going forward.
Speaker 3: He is a building block for this defense that needs to be totally revamped this offseason and next offseason and.
Speaker 4: Hopefully not the third offseason. Yes, he's won.
Speaker 3: I mean you can make a case for Trey Hendrickson because I mean without him, they've been especially back, but he's missed the two games, hopefully back this week. But DJ Turner, for no other reason, Yes, is a building block.
Speaker 2: Now in terms of looking ahead to the remaining eight games and what we need to see from which players. Sticking with the defensive side of things, if this defense is going to be able to do anything. If there's any thing that's gonna help our scenarios that we've laid out, I'll start with the two rookie linebackers, Barrett Carter and Dimitrius Knight Junior. They've got to be better in the remaining eight games. There can't be the miss tackles, there can't be the lack of communication, there can't be the out of position. And let's be clear, they have cleared the path for these too. They traded Logan Wilson, they benched him, and then they traded him. And now they have said again in terms of leadership, we like the leadership qualities of these two young rookies. They now got a chance to have a voice in the room. Well, now you got to show them something. You've got eight weeks to show they're it justified their faith in you, or this team is not gonna get where they need to get.
Speaker 3: The only thing worse than you know how this defense has played this year, is if all the eggs get put in the basket of those two guys and we finally at the end of the year that they're not the guys. And we've invested all this time and we've been Logan Wilson's gone and everything is on Barrett Carter and Demetrious Night and then it's like, yeah, they're they're they're decent, they're you know, kind of part time players, backup special teams guys that that's a complete disaster. All is not lost if by the end of the season, you go, boy, it was kind of rough. It was, you know, a pain early on, but they got better. They got better, and they're they're a couple of players you can build on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and and one other name I'll toss in. And it's very frustrating because he's now week to week and I don't think he plays this weekend. Schamar Stewart for for the ride that we went on with him emotionally in camp and then the holdout and what he was saying, what his agent were saying, what they were negotiating, and then once he got into camp is like, day by day, everybody I talked to on the beat said, wow, Shamar Stewart.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you what he's really impressing in camp.
Speaker 2: He he looks athletic, he looks fast, he's got that quick twitch, kind of kind of impressive. And then we get to the season, and he's gone from an ankle injury to now a knee injury two week to week. And I don't I don't bang on him because he's hurt, but I the frustration of just not getting progress and development out of another first round pick is that's just gutting.
Speaker 3: I just look at you look at the stats, and you look at the games, and with his measurables and his measurables plus extreme effort, he should have more tax. Yes, he's at least fallen to a couple of tackles, a couple of assists, just on sheer will and determination and playing hard. If you have those amazing skills that he has, and I mean, I mean, look, it's everything you and I and a lot of folks talked about when he was drafted. The production's not there. And yeah, he looked great in camp. When you can't really hit the quarterback and you're you're in shells, you're not really in full pad, you can't really hit anybody, Yeah, looks great, looks great and underwear just like he did the combine.
Speaker 4: But it hasn't. Now.
Speaker 3: I'm hoping that it's the injuries, the ankle, the knee, and those are the reasons why he hasn't been productive. But now it's like hadn't been in productive in college, hadn't been productive? Yeh, pros, When is it gonna happen?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 2: Rock when we when we continue, I'm gonna combine too. I'm gonna get very creative here because we have a Drive of the Week and we have Rockies Road during this show. So I thought, I'm gonna be smart. Let's make the Drive of the week tight end with the drive you and your family made last week and the road you travel to. Where are going to talk when you come back? Are you ready? You know where I'm going? You know what I'm cooking with? Yeah, that's there.
Speaker 4: I'll be right.
Speaker 5: All of that to lead into it our next segment.
Speaker 2: Stick with us. He's Rocky on Lance Cincinnati Tax Resolution Power by Tope shonon Roundtable Show Long Next in Hebren presented by Postman Laws seven hundred WLW Move it up on seven o'clock from Long Next in Hebren gangs all here. Mike Mills Engineering, Joe Wantell, producing, Fran and his lovely wife Phyllis are here. Great to see them, and the gang from Ovation is here and we have a I neglected this earlier. We have another print from Sean Volker to give away. If you're in the house or on your way here, we have a sign up. We have a couple of forums here, sheets of paper, just what do you call those? Like ticket tickets? There you go, just sign your name, drop it in and at eight o'clock, got to be here to win eight o'clock we will draw. All I need is your name on that, nothing else, and if you're here, you will pick up that Sean Volker Bengal Tiger print. We love those prints. We appreciate Sean dropping those off. All right, Rocky one A reminder earlier in the show, I forgot to mention this as well. We did our hot topic around the NFL, brought to you by Hudson Oil, fueling champions on and off the field. The hot topic around the NFL, of course, the return of Joe Burrow, the potential return to game live game action of Joe Burrow. So we made that our hot topic the opening topic of the show. Now let's double up on this. We'll review last week's drive of the game, brought to you by Driveway Dumpsters in Cincinnati, Black and Yellow does mean trash visit d dumpsters dot com. Because you made a drive last week we're going to talk about and we'll combine that to travel Rockies Road brought to you by Queens City Metro Metro is hiring applied go dash metro dot com slash careers. Explain to me the road you traveled, the drive you made and how cool it was.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So usually I always have a game every weekend, but things happened and what not having it, and you know what, We're like, we gotta do some fun with the kids. You know, they do good in school and do good in sports and work really hard and stuff. So we're like, let's try and try to find something fun. We were gonna go to the uh Dayton the Air Museum, but because of the shutdown, it wasn't open. So we're thinking, thinking, I'll give my wife crash. He goes, what about the Pro Football Hall of Fame And I was like, absolutely, because I've never been there. Well I was there for Peyton's and induction, but never went inside of it.
Speaker 4: You have not been either, have not.
Speaker 3: I gotta tell you it exceeded expectations, it really did. I mean, especially you know, you know stuff for adult stuff that I like. Stuff the kids liked, you know, they got their picture with the They had the actual Lombardi Trophy that's gonna get presented this year and it gets housed at the Pro Football Hall of Fame the entire year until like a month before it goes off.
Speaker 4: So I mean, so much cool.
Speaker 3: Memorabilia, you know, just seeing like the old equipment and shoulder pains and helmets and like these like they used to play with and stuff. It's it's pretty amazing of all memorabilia. Because we were talking like what was your favorite or most unique? David Tyree's helmet catch? They had that helmet no And I just forget a reason that one's kind of suck out to me because I remember watching that was the year after we won it. Yeah, I remember it was at my buddy's house watching the game and we're like, no way, and it was like, wow, that's that's like the most iconic catch ever.
Speaker 4: And there's the helmet. So they had that.
Speaker 3: They have all these little presentations. You can go in and they're like fifteen minutes and you know.
Speaker 2: Very very very good.
Speaker 3: The workers up there, they're not workers, they're all volunteers. Really, they volunteered their time. They just because they love it and they're super knowledgeable. Ask them a question, they just boom, boom boom, just fire away with it. And I bet your kids had a plas. Oh they had a blast. Oh oh I had a blast. And yeah, I just you know, got to show them the early know, the evolution, the evolution in the league. And there's a great presentation on the I think it's forty eight franchises that are now defunct and which ones they are because some turned into other you know, Chicago Bears, but then some that just never made it. A lot of it had to do with, you know, kind of around you know, the depression and you know that sort of thing, but uh, just trying to you know, find ways to And there was some team that the whole purpose of them having a team was the guy who owned the team. This is in the twenties, he wanted to sell dogs. So like at halftime, the players would have to bring these dogs out and do tricks. Could you imagine going on the Bengals game and Jamar Chase has like got a dog and he's like leading up a ladder and stuff, and you go, I want that dog.
Speaker 4: I'll pay a thousand bucks and that's what he did. He made like all kinds of money doing so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just little.
Speaker 4: Fun stories like that, and.
Speaker 3: Years ago, I tell folks it is definitely worth the drive and going up there.
Speaker 2: What's your what's a guess? How far is can? What's the drives? A little under four?
Speaker 4: Okay? All right?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: About have you been to the College Football Hall of Fame?
Speaker 4: I have?
Speaker 2: I have as well. I am aware I've been to all three of them. Wait, so you've been to when it was in Mason, when it was in uh Okay, you went to South the South Bend, and the Atlanta one. Yes, I have been to the Mason area one, the King's Island area one. Actually, when I was working in TV and South Bend, the report came out that it was moving from the King's Island area to South Bend in a couple of years, so they sent me down to do the story here. It's kind of like a preview what's coming to South Bend. And then Casey and I a few years ago went to the one in Atlanta. When you walk in there and see the three stories of the helmets, so every single division one it's an incredible sight.
Speaker 4: That's very cool.
Speaker 3: That's ESPN seminar every year of college football seminar. It's been there twice of real like five or six years, so I haven't were the whole place, but you get to see a little bit of it. But but yeah, I the Gaborth Field went out and by King's Island. I don't really remember, but I know it was there, you know kind of thing. And then it always seemed weird to me that if it was why.
Speaker 4: I would love another history.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then South Bend it, I mean, based on the history of Notre Dame had made sense, but in terms of part of the country to get to and it just Atlanta seems more sec country kinda.
Speaker 5: I am in the facilities, fantastic that they have it in.
Speaker 3: So South Bend my my official visit for Notre Dame was there.
Speaker 5: We had real that.
Speaker 4: One there and what kind of things.
Speaker 5: So so it was cool, excellent.
Speaker 2: Well I'm glad you guys had. Now did you also see you were going to see a movie? Did you see a movie?
Speaker 4: We did?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 3: Well, first I got, you know, see Tony Dungee's you know, bust and a picture of all and he texted me back a few times.
Speaker 4: It's cool to check that out. And yeah, so that was neat.
Speaker 5: Very cool.
Speaker 2: Transformers. What did you see?
Speaker 4: Oh no, the movie was a Predator bat.
Speaker 5: Lands, but yeah, okay, slightly different.
Speaker 4: Finally different. It was it was, it was good. It was okay, okay, it was okay.
Speaker 2: What a day for this good?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is awesome. All right, we put one hour in the books already.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: Let's talk with Chad Brendel Little you see football up next, he's Rocky am Lance. Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tope Sheldon Roundtable Show. It's presented by post for Law, and we do it from Longnecks in Hebran right here on seven hundred WLWU.
Speaker 1: Is the Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tope Sheldon Roundtable Show, Look from Longnecks, presented by Postman Law. Brought to you in part by On the East and Onto East Power equipment dealer Skyline Chili feeling good. It's Skyline time. R and L Carriers. Visit RLC dot com and make R and L Carriers your global transportation provider, your tri stge Chevy Dealers Chivrolet the number one selling Brandon Cincinnati for the past nine years, Chivrolet together, let's drive Postman Law and Jordan called eight four to four Postman, others promised Postman delivers and by Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Top Showden five one three five one three t oph on seven hundred WLW the home of the first Bengals coverage.
Speaker 2: Anyway, we go second hour of two underway tonight flew through that first one man, do we have some ground to cover? And our second one we will lead into the Wes Miller show coming up at eight. Right here on seven hundred wlwware long necks in hebren got a drawing coming up at the end of the hour. If you're in house or on your way, be sure and sign up. We have tickets in front of us, set our broadcast set up. Just need your name and you got to be here at eight we'll draw for the Sean Volker Bengal Tiger print we're giving away this week. All right, let's talk some U see Bearcats off last week hosting Arizona. This week, there's one man to turn two to do such things. Bearcat Journal, Bearcatjournal dot com. Chadbrendle, how are you tonight?
Speaker 7: Good?
Speaker 4: I am?
Speaker 7: You saved me from ten minutes of a volleyball postseason banquet. So I thank you.
Speaker 5: Oh, I see, well, let's get to it.
Speaker 2: Bounce back opportunity and really, as much as the Utah loss may have shaken some to you need to win. This is a big one this week to keep next week as a really big one for the Bearcats.
Speaker 7: I don't think they can look at it like this. I think that look at it like that. I think you have to solely focus on Arizona here because this is an Arizona team that you can play well and lose that They do a lot of things that give Cincinnati problems. Mainly, you can start with Noah Fafita, their excellent quarterback. He is the best quarterback in the Big twelve with a clean pocket. Cincinnati is the worst defense in the Big twelve getting pressure. He is also third in the Big Twelve against zone defense. Cincinnati runs more zone defense than any Power five program in the country, so that alone is reason to be scared of Arizona's offense. Defensively, they play a lot of man a man defense. Now, they don't get after the quarterback the way Utah did, but they look a lot more like Nebraska and Brendan Soresby had a lot of problems with Nebraska, so Cincinnati's going to have to play really well to beat this Arizona team. And it's Scott Soaderfield pointed out, they're sitting at six and three. They had YU down by ten with four minutes left in that game, and they lost to Houston on a walkoff field goal. Could very well be eight and one.
Speaker 4: Wow, So chill are there any more?
Speaker 3: I mean, I had the bye week, but anymore remnants still, you know, kind of present from from the Utah loss that makes people nervous of I guess in terms of how they play compared the previous weeks where they're just rattling winds off.
Speaker 7: I mean, the biggest thing, Rocky is they were sloppy against Utah. They missed a field goal, they turned it over, they gave up a punt return touchdown. Like this is not you know, this is not the twenty twenty one bear Cats where they were so supremely talented that it didn't really matter if they weren't on their a game at all times. This is a team that's talented and has some very good pieces, but there's not a lot of separation between them and the other teams that they're playing in the league. So they have to play well. They have to play clean. They can't turn the ball over, they can't be you know, they've been great on special teams all the way up until that Utah game. They have got to get back to that. They've got to value the football. They've got to get moving on offense. They're way too many three and outs against Utah. You know, those are just the things that kind of you know, have bogged this team down and their two losses and things that they've been excellent at in their seven wins. Like there's no middle ground. It doesn't feel like with this team they're either really clean, boy or boy.
Speaker 6: It's a mess.
Speaker 2: What what are the chances we see any chance we see Evan Pryor.
Speaker 7: I think there's a chance. I mean I think it's gonna be one of those true like get him out there Saturday morning and see how the ankle feels and see if he can go. If I had to guess just from being around this forever, it feels like one of those. He was close, but we're gonna hold him out until next week. Situations right, Like it's an ankle I think it's one of those you know, you're probably rushing him back if you are little if you play him this week, so and you know it's gonna help it. I think Kyie Walker should be back to one hundred percent. That should help out. He wasn't again it's huge tall, that's why he only had one carry in the second half. But I would say I would say probably thirty forty chance we see Evan, But you know that's going to depend on how it progresses the rest of the week and how it feels Saturday.
Speaker 2: Morning, Chad. As you know, and I highly recommend those listening check it out. Keegan Nicholson wrote an outstanding piece for Bearcat journal dot com about the Bearcat general manager Zach Grant the director of player personnel Jack Griffith. Kind of you know, the impact they've had in the approach they've taken looking to find an edge in this day and age of the changing landscape of college football. What has impressed you about the impact and the fingerprints they have on this program.
Speaker 7: I think the most impressive thing to me is there's not the ego factor in that job that you get with a lot of people that are tasked with doing that, right, a lot of people just full bravado, come in, We're going to compete, We're gon we're going to go after the same players that Ohio State and Georgia and Alabama and LSU were going after. You're not going to win. You're not going to win those battles, and then you're going to spend your time spinning your tires on getting involved with kids that ultimately aren't going to play at your school. So they said, okay, let's go a little bit of a different direction. Let's figure out the kids that we think through. I think the number was they evaluated, this is a crazy number guys. From the time the twenty twenty four portal cycle ended to the time the twenty twenty five portal cycle opened. As a staff, they watched twenty one thousand prospects with no guarantee that a single one of them was ever going to go into the portal. But they wanted to be ready because what happens in a lot of places is a reactionary. Okay, this kid's name comes up in the portal, All right, let's start doing our research, and then you're making quick, rash decisions. These guys are saying Okay, that kid's name popped up in the portal. Okay, here's the file that we have on that kid. Is he somebody we're interested in?
Speaker 6: Yes? No, do we go?
Speaker 7: Do we not go? So they did all the backwork and they put in all the legwork, and Zach Grant talks about a great kid that in there was like a lot of people use like Jack Griffith. They use them as like an advanced scout. And he spends all his time every week preparing this file for the coaching staff and an advanced scout for the game that you're going to play. The coaching staff takes the file, sets it on the death sets thank you, never opens it. You're just wasting time. So instead of wasting time, let's get into the weeds and watch these kids that we feel like can help us. And the number is crazy. They had twenty one portal guys in the twenty twenty five portal class. Eighteen of them are contributing on this roster this year. That's an insane hit rate.
Speaker 5: Wow, you two absolutely all right.
Speaker 2: I gotta ask you about the basketball side of this and the performance over dayton A win. We know the storyline, it's a win. It's twenty four turnovers as well. I know, and I know I have a time for another headache with the miss free throws. Here here's what jumped out to me. And I get some of the turnovers by some of the players, but when you have Creasa and Dayda Thomas, who have a combined five thousand minutes of Division one basketball, yea, how did they combine to turn it over eight times in that game? That's what jumped out to me, Like, that can't happen big man, Okay, turnovers, freshmen, maybe turnovers. Those experienced guys, they shouldn't be turning it over eight times.
Speaker 7: They shouldn't be. But to be fair, they're also playing on a team that is new and these guys have never played together. That was you know, you would hope, here's the thing that disappointed me a little bit. You would hope that some of that got worked out in those two high level exhibition games that you scheduled against Arkansas and Michigan. It didn't seem like it did. But West's teams have not been turnover pro so that, at least to me, is a sign that he is going to be able to coach some of that out of them. You know what it felt like to me, Lance, It felt like they were trying to skip steps in the offense, didn't it. Like you've got the ball on the left wing, the goal is to get the ball to the right corner, and instead of going through the steps to get the ball to the right corner, they were just throwing one handed passes to the right corner. And there's a Dayton def understanding there waiting on it. Like that is something I think that is going to come with a little bit of time. But also those guys are way too experienced to be throwing passes that stupid, Like they were just dumb on probably eight of the twenty four turnovers. Like I just scratched my head and said, what what did you think was going to happen when you tried to make that pass? So, yes, it needs to get better. Here's the thing I think that impressed me Lance the most about that game. The main thing I will take away from it. They had a pretty good lead the entire night and then Dayton gets the two and ones and then the Alijub dunk they cut it to two. Last year's team would have crumbled, Yes, agreed, they would have fallen apart almost instantly, and instead, in the next two minutes, Cincinnati went on a twelve to two run. They made smart plays, they were aggressive, they attacked, and all of a sudden, that two point game was back to a twelve point game and it was never really in doubt the rest of the way. The big differentiator that they looked for in this offseason was getting some of that toughness, that Bearcat toughness back, and that, to me, showed some of it. It showed that they weren't gonna wilt when things got tough, and they showed some of that in that Michigan exhibition too, where they had a big lead, Michigan storm back and Cincinnati was able to hold them on. So that's at least a little bit of a good sign for me that there's a little bit more intestinal fortitude in this group than the one we saw a year ago.
Speaker 2: All Right, So listeners should check out Keegan's piece on Zach Grant and Jack Grippa. Tell everybody what else you got going on at Bearcat journal dot com.
Speaker 7: I have signed him a new one last night. It's gonna be in the work, so I don't know when exactly. It's gonna come out, but I'm gonna have Keegan dig into the story of Tyler McKinley because I think he has been a really pleasant surprise for fans this year with how he has played in his first action as a redshirt freshman. He's always wanted to be a Bearcat. He got his chance. He was almost there last year, got hurt in the preseason, missed the entire year. I don't know what his minutes would have looked like if Jalen Haynes was still healthy. So the door opened for Tyler McKinley and he's kicking it in and I love that kid into Walnut Hills. He's just an awesome, awesome young man, and I'm excited for Kegan to get to tell that story. So that's coming up here probably in the next couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: Excellent, look forward to it. He is Chad Brendel, Bearcat Journal, Bearcat Journal dot Com. Thank you, sir, We'll talk next week.
Speaker 7: Thanks gentlemen, talk to you soon.
Speaker 2: Do it it all right? Ched Brendall, take a time out to come back, take a look at the Pittsburgh Steelers do a college football weekend previews still ahead, Greg Shoemaker with high school stuff at seven thirty six, Dan Klaskins with fantasy football stuff at seven point fifty. He's Rocky on Lance Roundtable Show, brought to you in part by Miami University, where Today's students become tomorrow's leaders.
Speaker 5: Visit Miami, Oh dot EEDU.
Speaker 2: It's the Roundtable Show from Long Necks in Hebrew seven hundred WLW seven twenty four, seven hundred WLW The Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tope Showdon Roundtable Show. We're gonna ad it long next in Heburn. It's presented by Postman Law rock I forgot to tell you what I got. You know what this is? Look at look at that for me? No, well what do you think?
Speaker 5: What does it say?
Speaker 2: So that wouldn't be for you?
Speaker 4: It's not a coupon for more of those shoes.
Speaker 2: No, it's even better than, much better than that. Frandon Phyllis uh Phyllis his lovely wife.
Speaker 4: Oh boy, my pens, four pack of yours.
Speaker 2: You know, ball Vision Elite pens wrapped in a bag, and the bag clearly states for anybody sniffing around up here taking pins while you're trying to win the Bengals print it says clearly property of me.
Speaker 3: And we should tell everybody listening that last week your pen walked off and I'm not sure you were gonna finish the show.
Speaker 4: I thought you were gonna cancel.
Speaker 5: I haven't recovered. I just dropped my pen.
Speaker 2: Hold on, no, I gotta get my gotta get my pen because I can't talk. Yeah yeah, usually I stopped talking when I dropped my pen because I need to get it.
Speaker 4: I am particular my pens.
Speaker 5: Just no, just no.
Speaker 4: The sword, A finite amount of them.
Speaker 2: Left that's just so base and minimal in mid and approach to a.
Speaker 5: Pen, it just gets mid.
Speaker 4: Mid.
Speaker 2: This this is good. You know they don't well you know what, Now that's an interesting point because I have a built in disadvantage.
Speaker 4: You're left handed.
Speaker 2: I'm left handed, and all through school and even now when I write, I move left to right obviously across.
Speaker 5: And I wind up.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, And so I've always been at a disadvantage because at school, at Butler, there were no left handed desk. You know that the desks that have like this, nobody does left handed desks, So my elbow is always like flopping on the side. Golf courses aren't designed for left handers. Obviously doorknobs into golf courses set up for right handers. It's a long time dog like condrive. You you asked anybody, there's very few good me Phil Michelson, and then there's a long drop off to left handed golfer.
Speaker 4: You just compared yourself to film.
Speaker 2: That's why I don't play, because I eight courses are just I say, okay, if you're going to desert design the courses for lefties, I just won't play. So I don't play. That's my story. Thanks for the visit heads. Yeah, Phyllis, I love those pins. Uh, let's see now I've got I got doing six seven of these.
Speaker 4: Oh don't don't you do it?
Speaker 3: Are your kids? Are your kids about it? I?
Speaker 2: Uh? I was watching a highlights of the way that was.
Speaker 3: One of the first things is a guy who's you know, now forty five where I was like, I literally don't get this at all.
Speaker 4: Someone explained it.
Speaker 2: I was watching a highlights of a college basketball game. I don't even know who was playing, but it was in the final seconds and the team went to the line sitting on sixty five points and it was like a kid's field trip day and all the kids started chanting, and they hit the first three throw sixty six points, hit the second one, six seven, and the kids lost their mind. That's lost their mind.
Speaker 3: I saw a video out a in and out Burger when they call order number sixty seven and just everyone six seven.
Speaker 2: All right, let's check injuries. I don't know what's happened to this segment. What am I doing in this segment. Let's take a look at our Postman Law injury report delivered by Postman Law Injured. Postman delivers Bengals practice report not practicing today. Trey Hendrickson, samaj p Ryan, Shamar Stewart, Lucas Patrick, and Jermaine Burton out with illness. That's your Postman Law injury report delivered by Postman Law Injured called eight four to four Postman. Now our first look at Sunday's opponent. Our game day preview brought to you by my guys at Game Day Men's health get back in the game today. The Steelers started four and one. They've lost three of four since. Rob King, the Voice of the Steelers, join and Dan and Lapp last night on Bengals Game Plan and talked about what has transpired with the Steelers what's led to the issues. Here is a first look at Sunday's opponent, the Steelers, from the Voice of the Steelers, Rob King.
Speaker 11: They were zero for nine on third down until they picked up one late in the game when the game was already out of hand. You can't have that. You can't go oh for nine on third down. You can't go three and out, three and out, three and out, three and out. You're asking a lot of your defense. I thought last week against the Chargers.
Speaker 6: The defense played pretty well for the most part.
Speaker 11: They really did. I mean, you look up and you see twenty five points.
Speaker 6: I just think they.
Speaker 11: Began to run out of gas as the game progressed. They need to possess the football, they need to get first downs, they need to maintain drives, and they need to have that defense out less. When I think, I think when the defense is out less, the defense will be much much better as it was for the four game stretch prior to the loss in Cintinnati.
Speaker 2: Rob King, Voice of the Steelers. Let's do this. We're we're on track. Now, we were behind. Now we're on track. When we come back, let's talk some We may need some more time so we better get to the break because Greg Shoemaker has given us like a gazillion notes on what is transpiring this weekend with the high school football playoffs.
Speaker 5: We'll talk with him after we check news. It's since a tax.
Speaker 2: Resolution powered by Tope Sheldon, Round Table Show Long Next in Hebrien, presented by Postman Law on seven hundred WLW. Don't mind us, we're just carrying on other conversations during the break. Frands taking pictures. Flash is working. Everything's good. We've got high school football to get to a lot, and I mean a lot to get to, so let's get to it. I'm looking at all these notes and I'm like Greg's had one of those days. He's had a lot of stuff going on, and he put together all of these notes just for us tonight. So let's welcome him in high school football Tonight show tomorrow night tri State Football.
Speaker 5: Greg Shoemaker, how are you?
Speaker 7: I'm good, guys. How you doing?
Speaker 8: What a great weekend of football.
Speaker 6: It's a great week.
Speaker 8: It's been amazing.
Speaker 2: We are fired up. There's a lot to sort through. Rock you kick us off.
Speaker 3: Yes, Greg, let's quickly just kind of summarize Indiana right now.
Speaker 4: Class one A, three A, five A with some local teams hit it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so let's do this. There's three great games. We have three local teams playing for regional championships. So in Class one A Milin they're sitting at six and four. They are off at state reigning state champion Providence tomorrow. Providence is one twenty six of their last twenty seven games and Milon's looking for its second regional title in school history, the only other one being in nineteen ninety six. Now in Class three A over in Indiana, Lawrensburg's sitting there at ken and one, they're hosting the Cascade Cadets. Never heard of this school before. They're twelve and they are looking for their first ever regional title. But they're gonna have to do it at Dick Meter Stadium in Lawrenceburg. That's not going to be easy. Lawrenceburg is on a quest for their seventh regional crown and first since twenty twenty two. And this is a great storyline.
Speaker 6: Guys.
Speaker 8: In Class five A over in Indiana, East Central is looking to go to get to the regional or get this regional championship. In five A, they are hosting reigning Class four A state champion New Palestine, who was sitting at twelve and oh. Two years ago, East Central beat New Palestine forty nine to nothing in the Class four A state title game, and in that game. After that game, East Central moved up to Class five A. Last season, New Palestine won the Class four A state title and now they've moved up to Class five A. This season, New Palestine hasn't lost the game since losing to East Central in that state championship game. They've won twenty five in a row since that game. So really cool story. Two four eight teams moving up to five A. One of them is going to get to the regional finals two years after or a year or two after being state champions and four A cool story there.
Speaker 5: That is awesome.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go to Kentucky second round of the playoffs, and you've got three games for us to keep an eye on.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so Cubcat they're down at Johnson Central tomorrow night and Johnson Central is eleven and oh it's a long drive down to Pageville. Cubcat is doc Johnson Central out of the playoffs in each of the last two years, and the last year was thirteen or fourteen to thirteen. Cup CAFs won that game, So these Golden Eagles seniors are going to be out for Cup Cat. If CUPCAF comes away with that, man, I like the grid on that team, look for them to have another matchup with Highlands. But the next game over is Cooper. Cooper is eight and three. They're hosting Scott County. Cooper has won six in a row. They've knocked Scott Counting out of the playoffs in each of the last two seasons as well, and average forty two points as well doing it. So like Cooper, they're running hot there in Class one A. Over here in Kentucky, Newport they are at holy Cross. Holy Cross is eleven and oh, Newport's sitting at seven and four. This could be a trap game for unbeaten holy Cross because, uh, there's a lot of seniors on this new Cat team and this is I'm sorry, Newport team. This is their their chance to get that thing that you're winning. Move on there. That's one of those senior classes that doesn't want to lose in the playoffs. However, holy Cross has just given up twenty seven points in their last eight games for four shutouts, so it's gonna be a fun one there. That's I think it's gonna be a very low scoring affair and hard hitting one as well.
Speaker 3: Right, Hi, greg Onto, Ohio Division four to eleven and zero teams battled out the TAFF Senators.
Speaker 4: Had the number one ranked at Indian Hill. What do you seeing that one?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean when we talked about TAFF last week, and uh, they they've outscored the last eight teams by an average or by three hundred ninety four to seven points. They're they're amazing. They're average and forty seven points per game. Oh remember this last week guys that we talked about him having twelve uh return scores on returns, punts, kickoffs, interceptions, fumbles. They had three more last week against Clinton Massy all in the first half. In fact, the first play of the game was one hundred yard interception return. So, uh, they're very good. Now, Indian Hills sort of mirrors those guys. Indian Hills is number one seed here and they're hosting this game. They're holding post just five points per game. But I'm going to tell you what this team, this TLF team is is so deep and today they're there. Uh, they swept the Division four awards in the All District voting quarterback Montsanna Torbert and being named the Division four Offensive Player of the Year. Adam currently the UC comment was named the four Defensive Player of the Year for TAFT and coach Williams getting the Coach of the Year as well. There So I like this tat team a lot. I can't wait. I'm going out and seeing that tomorrow. That's that's the game I'm going to hit before I go to the studio.
Speaker 2: All Right, four seed Princeton the Vikings versus one seed Elder the Panthers, the pit will be up for grabs. And I think people are still scratching their head trying to figure out how exactly Princeton won last week.
Speaker 8: And that's something Lance. I mean, they were down by thirteen with three minutes and thirty seconds left, looked like crud, and figured out a way to win that game. So you know, when you hit in the playoffs and you win a game like that, that improbable surviving advanced wig, you know you think that everything's off their back. Princeton went ran the ball twenty two times last week for minus thirty yards rushing, yet.
Speaker 6: Still found a way.
Speaker 8: Neimia and Neal had a couple of touchdowns catches in the last minutes of that game, but they survived in advance. However, they're at the pit. The weather's going to be amazing tomorrow night. I think that's gonna be a sellout. And Elders eleven to zero for the first time in school history. I mean, it's hard to believe. And here's the other thing about here's why I like Elder in this one. They have won seven games over teams that have won eight or more games this season. They have eleven wins. They have seven of them against teams that have won that many games. That's crazy. And they've won their last four by twenty points. You know, I like Elder to move on here. I I just think it's gonna be a wonderful night at the pick.
Speaker 5: All right, Rock, here we go.
Speaker 2: You ready, go ahead?
Speaker 4: What's going on here? All right?
Speaker 3: Number three st X Number two Molar Moelers beat st X seven.
Speaker 4: What do you? What do you see? I'm just gonna let you have the floor.
Speaker 8: Greg, tell me, hey, Rock and look for Beth BETHIENI is the head coach overt at Moeller's. It's five and zero against Beck I mean, this is the second third straight year they're gonna play each other, not only in the regular season, but the playoffs. I mean, and this game, in the first game this year, it was very one sided. Uh Molar but Rocky. Last week special teams were good for Saint X. They had two unconventional scores. They need to continue that. Mojo Braydon Riley was fantastic last week. They and the other thing I liked about X last week rock is Daniel Boehmer got the majorities of the carries for them on offense. They need to keep running the ball with him and Jake Britt. That's going to be their way to get there. Special teams for X was great last week. Special teams was.
Speaker 7: Great for Molar.
Speaker 8: The first game they played in the regular season, Jack Malabar, the kicker for Moler, had three converted to three drives with field goals from field goals from forty seven, forty two, and thirty seven yards. That's you know, that was three extra scores, nine extra points on three possessions. In a game like this, if he does a couple of those again, it's going to be hard to beat Moller. But man, that game's up at you to arena or not you the arena, but welcome stadium of at UD tomorrow and it'll be a good That's another great place to see a game. So if you have you want to take it and go see a game, that's a good one to go to.
Speaker 2: All right, Greg, you have everybody a preview of the high school football tonight show and everything going on with Tristatefootball dot com.
Speaker 8: Yes, Lance, tomorrow, we are on pregame on Fox Sports thirteen sixty in ESPN fifteen thirty, and I have Matt King, the head coach of Valley Vue. They play Chcia tomorrow in Class four A. I got Matt Berbacher from Tippecanoe. They are hosting Baden Great interviews with those two guys and Stephen Lickard from Newcast. They have got a game against Bishop Brossert Newcast one six in a row after a one and four start, they look good. And then Sefuan Alvi will be on and I will be on after the Saint Xavier Moler game till eleven o'clock with great interview. Last week we had Madeira head coach Nick Leone on the bus number eleven seeds Marymont with great, great conversation with him off the bus. So we look for more of that good stuff up until eleven o'clock on Fox Sports thirteen sixty and ESPN fifteen thirty and on Tri State Football. Right now, we have all the all district team information you want to know. We got all seven districts up there with articles. So go read about the all district teams, all the guys, the local guys, and all their accomplishments from this past season.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable, man, I can't imagine the day you've had. I know you've been through the ringer. Thank you for putting together everything you put together for these notes tonight and making time for us. As always, we always enjoy the conversation, Craig.
Speaker 8: All right, good guys, guys, have a great weekend. We'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 5: All right, Thanks forward to it.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Greg Shoemaker High School Football tonight show Tri State Football dot Com. Yeah, he was doing all the tabulation of the voting and posting the stories on Tri State football dot Com and writing up the notes and sending us the notes. And he uh, he is the man that is awest out by the way, there will we saw our friend Craig Lindsay and his wife from a repin Molar tonight. So I don't have to separate you too during the break. There will will be there will be a throatouns tonight between Saint X and Molar people.
Speaker 5: All right, just calm down, Let's take a time out.
Speaker 2: We're last.
Speaker 5: Yeah, We'll take a time out to continue.
Speaker 2: He's a rocky avliance Cincinnati tax resolution bowered by Toave Sheldon Round table show. We're at long necks end hebron presented by Postman Law. Reminder, if you have not signed up, we have that Bengal print that if you're if you're here or you've got thirteen minutes to get here, we have a Bengals print to the right of our broadcast set up as we sit. It's from Sean Volker, and we give one away every week. We have a sign up table in front of us with tickets. Just fill out you think as much as I explain this every week, I could do it smoothly and not as clunky as I have. But I'll just write your name down on this and put it in the box and leave the pen and then we will draw a winner at eight o'clock or else. Tonight He's Rocky Atlans were at Long Necks Adhebrets presented by Postman Law seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 7: All Right, we gotta.
Speaker 2: Go, gonna go, gotta go down the Stretch from Long Necks in hebron It's the round Table Show presented by Postman Law.
Speaker 5: So Fantasy Football. Our next guest the host.
Speaker 2: Of Fantastics Insider Football Sirius XM Fantasy Man we turned to each and every week for this segment, and Dan Klaskins, let's start here. Last week we talked about the most favorable schedules down the stretch for players. Let's flip the script. Give me some guys with bad schedules to be aware of down the stretch in these important times of fantasy football.
Speaker 12: Yeah, some struggles slant, some struggles could be ahead for some big time studs. Let's start a quarterback with Patrick Mahomes and man, he's in or the nice fantasy resurgence at this point of the season, but the back half of the schedules brutal, with more negative matchups in the next seven weeks, including bookend meetings with the Broncos over that span. It could also be tough sledding for running back ash and gent the rookie, He's only finished as a top twelve RB three times this season in the first ten weeks. I think that BEA's even going to be tougher to come by in the weeks ahead. He's got Dallas this week to take advantage of this, but after that the Raiders four negative matchups in their next five Cleveland, La, Chargers, Denver, and used to that is brutal. DeVante Adams has been really connected with Matthew Stafford of late. I think that should continue down the stress if he's healthy, but managers may want to temper their expectations a bit. The Rams only have one game left. First teams allowing the top sixteen most fantasy points of wideouts this season at Dalton Schultz, who has been a steady back end tight end one in recent weeks for the Texan really after this week's matter up th Furst the Titans, though he doesn't have a single what I would consider plus matchup left on his slate, I'm not sure that production's gonna continue.
Speaker 4: Fellas all right, Dan injuries, What are the big ones?
Speaker 6: Yeah, lots of them.
Speaker 12: Rocky the biggest one. Of the week, probably wide out. Jarrett Wilson placed on ir today with a knee injury. He's gonna miss at least four weeks for the Jets, so they'll be without him tonight. On the other side of it, Ramandre Stevenson with a toe issue. He's been ruled out as well, so Traveon Henderson, the Wentwoods and Ohio's big grad in line for a great spot tonight. Elsewhere on the slate, Marvin Harrison appendicitis is going to have him out. We're keeping our eyes on DeVante Adams with that oblique Ricky Piersoll and brock Perty both expected to return to action for the forty nine ers. Two limited practices in a row. For Bucks running back Bucky Irving has everybody watching pride to see if he returns.
Speaker 7: JK.
Speaker 12: Dobbins likely going to miss this week, flirting with ir there for the Broncos, so R. J. Harvey in line for some big things, and then at quarterback the big news Jackson dark CJ. Stroud both out with concussion, so it's Jameis Winston. That's a little bit more. Davis Mills and we're also watching Sam Laport at tight end has them practice in two straight day plans.
Speaker 5: That's a big concerning, no doubt about that.
Speaker 2: All right, how about studs, studs and sleepers.
Speaker 12: Yeah, well, it's always good to have the Bengals back on tap, at least if you're playing fantasy and going against that defense. So Jalen Warren topping it out here is the stud player of the week. The Bengals. They're not just bad, they're really bad. Four point nine more fantasy points per game to the running back and the second worst.
Speaker 7: Team in the league. Dale Warren's a top five play.
Speaker 12: If not better.
Speaker 7: This week.
Speaker 12: Jalen Waddle another Jalen I love. He's going against the second worst pass defense and the Commanders inline for a ton of targets and a ton of production.
Speaker 7: Here he makes my stud list On.
Speaker 12: The dud side, temper your expectations with Jarrett Goff only two quarterbacks that during multiple passing touchdowns versus Philly, none of them since Week four, the Eagles just one passing touchdown total over the class three games. I expect a modest day from him. Davire Worthy at Denver also with a tough match up here, the Denver secondary seat with the fewest fantasy points to the position and since Rashie Rice has come back to davi' worthy is twenty four point one PPR points total in three games. And my Sleepers of the Week Jacobe Forressaid of the Cardinals, the only quarterback to finish in the top twelfth and four straight weeks. He's going to do it five against this banged up Nineers defense, and Woody marks the rookie on the rise. Another big performance ahead here at Tennessee, cracking my top twenty four.
Speaker 2: All right, and last thought and a very important thought, it's Veterans Day week and you have a perfect way to say thanks. Tell everybody how they can do that.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I appreciate that, Lance, as we're pretty excited our match we had for Veterans Day. It has been extended through kickoff on Sunday for our Do Good Fantasy Sighway Cap Challenge. It's the perfect way, as you say to say banks, you pick a new lineup each week, you compete for over three thousand dollars surprises and support dav disabled American veterans up a million vegems every single year for free with our programs in service and right now, a friend of DVAV is matching all donations through kickoff on Sunday. So whatever you go goes twice as far. Join us and learn more I do Good Fantasy dot Com.
Speaker 5: That is outstanding. Thank you sir. We'll talk again next week.
Speaker 12: All right, bellas, enjoy the game.
Speaker 2: All right you as well. Dan Klaskin's host of Fantastics Insider football series XM Fantasy. With our weekly fantasy football segment, Let's finally cover the AFC North, brought to you by Brands Fetters, kangaroof your hometown Roofing, Guttering, Inciding experts covering Cincinnati homes for for twenty five years.
Speaker 5: Visit gokanga dot net. They hop to it.
Speaker 2: The Ravens four and five at the Browns two and seven. Ravens have suddenly won three in a row. They're doing it with defense. Their first five games of the year, they were giving up thirty five points a game. In fact, they gave up the most points in any five game stretch in the history of the franchise. In the last four games, they're giving up just four team and a half points a game. They have Lamar Jackson Beck and looking very dangerous. All right, Rock, We've got a minute where are you. I know we traveled to your road to Campton for the Pro Football Hall of Fame. But where are you broadcasting wise this weekend?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I have Tennessee Tech at UK, so we heading down to now real quick. So you know, Tennessee Tech is an FCS school. So back in twenty eighteen, Tennessee Tech is coming off their second one and ten season. So the UK people say, okay, well, let's let's schedule that one is a playing game. Tennessee Tech is ten and oh number one offense in FCS, number one rushing.
Speaker 4: Like a real team.
Speaker 3: Now, I still think UK gets it done, but you know, I mean quite a turnaround.
Speaker 4: They got a great.
Speaker 2: Story.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Tennessee Tech's coach Bobby Wilder is an eccentric kind of crazy guy and I've done a great I love his floging because they had a bunch of new players via the Portland everybody does, but they prioritize. He said, we don't take power for guys who sat on the bench. We go to D two juco other fs. Yes, guys that have played and have experienced. So I thought that was good. But UK two in a row playing really well. Mark Stoops, I like him so excellent. All right, and look forward to hearing about that one next week. Have yourself a great broadcast and a great weekend. We're done, We're out of time. We got it all done somehow.
Speaker 2: He's rocky. I'm Lance. Thanks for hanging out with us tonight. This has been the Cincinnati, tex Resolution Power by Top Showdon Roundtable show Long next in Hebred, presented by Postman Law and here on seven hundred WLW