Speaker 1: Bill cunning in the Great America and welcome this glorious cold but getting better Wednesday afternoon in the tri State. And of course tonight's tonight watching all day morning talk shows, we'll see what happens the CNNs of the world of just begging the two or three Republicans four or five don't vote for the spending package and then try to send them back to the Senate for more chaos and confusion. That's what they're banking on. Joining you and I now is the great Representative Warren Davidson of Ohio eight soon to become Ohio one, I think, but I'm not sure about that either. And once again, Warren Davidson, Welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show this Wednesday afternoon. So as we sit here about six or seven hours from the vote, supposedly about seven pm to night, you've had the head counts. You're looking around, CNN is saying there'll be numerous Republicans from districts that grow a lot of hemp or sell these drinks and fused with CBD aren't going to vote for this thing until that's taken out. Every one of those businesses have one year to wrap up their business, et cetera. So, as we said here about seven hours before seven pm, how are we looking for a positive vote?
Speaker 2: CNN is hoping no.
Speaker 3: What do you say, Well, look, I think we'll have the votes in the House, and I think Republicans are going to get behind it. I think maybe even a handful of Democrats. Jared Golden from Maine was the only Democrat that voted for it back in September when we voted on the Queen tr in the House. And you're referencing the AG Bill, and look, the reality is lobbyist from marijuana out maneuvered lobbyists from the hemp industry. And the honest thing is to just regulate the TCHD as the THC because when hemp was deregulated, it was because there wasn't THHD in it. Well, there is a little bit. So if you concentrate it and extract it and turn it into oil, you can sell it into the vape industry, you can sell it into energy, drink industry and other things. And they have been and so hopefully this will get fixed. I mean, this should have been a clean fight in the ag Approach Bill, but it's kind of jammed in. That's not uncommon in appropriations bills, and it really is a part of ag approach. And here's another one that was in there, Senator Ted Cruz buried in a provision that lets senators sue if the government spies on them. Uh. And the reality is the government shouldn't be fined on any America a little, you know, and there shouldn't just be a special carve out for senators. So it's a poisoned till by Ted Cruz in my mind, in the Legislative Approbes Bill. So for that reason, you know, you could you could say, well, look, I'm opposed to this provision, but the idea that you're going to take down the whole package and cause the government to continue to be shut down. That was the whole point of the cr in the first place, is let's have the appropriations fight. And so I think there's a lot of appetite to just get on with appropriations.
Speaker 1: Warren Davidson, So you're saying this first time I heard this. I'm not much in the world but marijuana, believe it or not. But nonetheless, so you got the marijuana growers and users fighting those with hamp CBD and THC.
Speaker 2: Do I have that right.
Speaker 1: So those two industries are fighting for billions of dollars and they set it bill nodded toward the marijuana and not toward the hemp.
Speaker 2: Is that correct, That's right.
Speaker 3: That's basically the feud and the turf war, and the path to peace is to just treat THHC as THCHC. Whether it comes from marijuana or hemp or some lab somewhere, it's an intoxicating substance. It's mind altering and in that sense, you know, it does different things than alcohol, but similar to alcohol. And so there's a way to do this, and frankly, maybe the smart way is to let states regulate a lot of this the same way that they regulate alcohol and get the federal government out of treating this as a Class one substance and just, you know, let states do it because they have. Overwhelmingly states around the country are legalizing marijuana. I don't think it's been a success to have legalized it. I don't think it's smart to use it, but lots of people do. And we've had this own sort of loophole in Ohio because of the way they lead marijuana. But then HIMP is kind of backdoor doing you know, no regulation.
Speaker 1: All right, So do you know what the Trump position is on taking marijuana from Schedule one to Schedule three? I know the Trump star doesn't like drinking done like alcohol done like marijuana. What is the status of him taking it from a Schedule one to a Schedule three?
Speaker 2: Is that going to happen?
Speaker 3: Well, it's hard to do with just executive action, and the legislative votes are hard to get. I mean, honestly, we've had a hard time as Republicans getting people there. And you know, I've been a longtime co sponsor of legislation that would you know, you know, you're d banking people just because you know they work in certain industries and they're lawfully employed. They can't get a mortgage because the source of their income is tied to this, and you should let the regulation be the regulation about it. States have overwhelmingly done that. The federal government has done nothing about it. So it's really long overdue to just treated as a Schedule three item. And you know, the States Act as a bill that I'm a co sponsor of that would let states regulate it more effect it. It's clear that the federal government has been completely dysfunctional on this subject.
Speaker 1: I like federalism. Alabama's different than California, Ohio is different than Massachusetts. One not much like an alcohol Different states have different rules and alcohol because the citizens and those states elect representatives to represent their values. What's wrong with letting each state determine for itself what to do with marijuana, what to do with hamp what to do with alcohol, which is the circumstance.
Speaker 2: What's wrong with that and get the Feds out of it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that's in a long time position. And you look the war on drugs at some level. We want to stop the sentinel at the border. We want to stop the heroin and cocaine and all those things. Those are things that that are you know, Schedule one drugs and have to change everything to change one thing. And it's clear that there's momentum. I mean, nearly all fifty states forty plus states, including Ohio, have legalized some version of marijuana, including recreational marijuana, medicine, medicinal marijuana. But then they've got different regulations on it, and the federal government is still treating it as if you know, marijuana is heroin, and the public isn't treating it that way, and the right place to have this fight is in the ag Approach Bill or in standalone legislation, not leveraging a government shutdown to do it. And so, you know, I think you're going to get the votes. I think it's be hard for me to see some of my colleagues do it, but nevertheless they got voting cards too. We'll see at seven all right.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Secondly, sometime this afternoon, King Jeffries is saying he's going to put try to put in the in the Rules Committee provisions about saving Obamacare, to spend more taxpayers money on Obamacare, which is miserably failed. I had assume that that's not going to be the case. But can you tell the American people why Congressman Warren Davidson is not going to give special reference to those with Obamacare premium support with the moneys going to the insurance companies not to the users of the product, and then the insurance companies are making billions and billions and billions of dollars and then jacking up the premiums for the users of the product. Anyway, can you give me a capsule as to why you do not want to put into this bill some requirement of taxpayer assistance for a government program that's failed miserably.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean Democrats have been trying to get this done for a while, and Republicans have never voted to support Obamacare, including these COVID era subsidies. So these are COVID subsidies that when there was a pandemic going on, they said, well, look let's send a straight pipe of money to the insurance companies, so these massive increases and costs that are attributable to the pandemic aren't passed on to consumers in the insurance sector. That was the justification, and Democrats passed that with all Democrat votes, no Republicans, and Democrats set them to expire because I think they assumed that the pandemic would eventually be over, and the pandemic is in fact over, So there's been a very long runway on this. But the insurance companies didn't really hold down premiums, they didn't improve their performance in any respect. And the idea that you're going to straight pipe this money to the insurance companies is crazy. So I hope that none of my colleagues joined this crazy idea to bail out a failing program. With Obamacare. I hope what the speaker does is he creates either a Healthcare Committee or select me on Healthcare to highlight all the solutions, not just this one that the Democrats or Democratic socialists seem to favor, because it's designed. The only way that Obamacare has been successful is designed to keep demanding more and more federal money till they reach a tipping point and say, well, let's just do single payer. That's the way the program was designed. It was designed to fail, it is now failing, and the idea that you're going to take the bait and help prop it up to me would be a huge mistake for anyone to join in.
Speaker 2: So kind of the goal of Mom, Dami, etc.
Speaker 1: Is have a single pair system of the whole country, put everybody under Medicare or medicaid. Had the government supply so called free medical care to everyone and no one else's expensive course, and keep raising taxes to pay for these programs. Instead of worried about cost analysis and worry about I have to care about what my medical bills are. Instead of having a market based system, they want a system of creeping socialism and Marxism in which the government determines who pays for your cell phone, who pays for your house, who pays for your food, who pays for your medical insurance. We're all work for the government in one form or another. Then within twenty or thirty years, we'll look like Cuba or Venezuela.
Speaker 3: Correct, Yeah, I mean, and you look. I mean there's a good graph going around showing the economy in Venezuela tanking in the economy and Poland soaring. And it's like, if only there was a way to test these ideas and see which ones work. And even if you look at New York City, the people in New York City should run New York City, not me or the people of Ohio. But Rudy Giuliani already showed how to clean up New York City and make it a vibrant city. And now they said, no, no, let's not go back to that. Let's try Mundami the kami and you do that to the world's biggest financial capital in New York City, and I think the capital and people are just going to flood out of New York City. I think this is a bad decision. But hey, they voted, and that's who they wanted.
Speaker 1: Warren Davidson. The big decision is cost a living. The statistics, the facts are different than perception. Perception can become reality. In reality, inflation is about three percent. In reality, gasoline prices are down. In reality compared to a year ago, grocery prices are down, but the perception is because of the media ALSHA prices are skyrocketing. Should Republicans be concerned with the reality of inflation or the perception of the media which tells us that people can't afford to live? But in reality, inflation is better now than it was under Biden, but the media doesn't report that. So, and when you're walking in the corridors of power in Washington in the Capitol this afternoon, are you thinking in your mind about your congressional district which are largely middle class Americans and lower middle class Americans and the perception everything's going through the roof and the reality is costed going up. Should there be some Republican committee concerned about inflation?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Look, I think the economy is always important. It's always a massive factor in quality of life for people, and housing is one of the biggest things you know when you have inflation, Asset price inflation is the biggest thing you've seen that the stock market's great, and if you already own a home, the housing prices are great. But for people without those assets, which is frankly most Americans, they're getting crushed by inflation. And so you've got to have better answers for this. And you know the answer isn't more subsidies. What's causing the inflation is massive fiscal depth. It's the Congress is spending far more money than we're bringing in. So if you think about it as a as a glass, if you take five liters of water out of a glass and put seven liters in, well, you clearly raise the level. We're doing that to the tune at trillions of dollars every year, so we're essentially pouring two trillion dollars worth of extra government money into the economy every year. Of course, you're going to have inflation, and you're still dealing with the consequences of trillions and trillions of dollars going in during COVID, and the justification was COVID, but the reality is you massively caused this consequence. And so you do that, you can unravel it in nine or ten months and everything's all fine, again, well, it's going to take a longer effort. But I think look, the Trump administration is going in the right direction, and the burden for Congress is to join that effort and hopefully accelerate it.
Speaker 2: And there's no movement. In fact, you're saying, spend more money.
Speaker 1: When a government program fails, like Obamacare, support it, spend more money. There's no effort by Democrats or Republicans to say, Okay, we bring in five trillion dollars every year, we're gonna spend five trillion dollars. When you spend an additional two trillion dollars, that means there's two trillion more dollars chasing limited products, which means the price is going to go up.
Speaker 2: That's inflation.
Speaker 1: I see no hope of the federal government borrowing less than two trillion dollars, which is about six billion dollars every day of new money. As far as the eye can see. I don't see the Trump budget saying Okay, we're gonna spend exactly what we bring in. The Trump budget means we're going to spend two trillion dollars more every year as far as the I can see, which is a permanent weight on the shoulders of Americans every day. When you have more dollars chasing fewer products, prices will go up.
Speaker 2: Am I right about that?
Speaker 3: You one hundred percent? And look, the big thing is if you look at the things that are substant their inflation far outpaces everything else. So education's expensive, well, let's subsidize it. Well, the inflation rate for education's massive compared to the rest of the market. Let's subsidize housing. Well, okay, the inflation rate's massive compared to the rest of the market. Let's subsidize healthcare. The biggest worst inflation is healthcare because it's the most subsidized thing. And so you know the idea that people can't get this cause and effect right, and they say, well, well, more redistribution, more spending. The redistribution and subsidies hide the crime of this tax on people that comes from overspending. When you spend more money, it causes the inflation. And if you just do more redistribution and more subsidies, it helps the people doing this damage to everyday Americans get away with the crime. And I think, look, we've got to turn this massive excess spending off, and gosh, we're at a point where even republic had a hard time defunding MPR. Right, how yeah, how low the bar is. We barely got the votes to defund in PR, and we have much bigger structural problems. But the right way to do that is through the appropriations path, not you know, with the leverage of a government shutdown.
Speaker 2: Warren Davidson.
Speaker 1: Long term, I'm not optimistic because if these things don't happen with Republicans controlling the House, Senate, the presidency, what's going to happen in a year or three years or five years when once again came Jeffries, maybe Governor Pritzer, And I don't know, I picked somebody in the Senate, Elizabeth Warren, when they're in charge of governmental spending, Katie bar the door. If Republicans can't constrain this, I have no hope for Democrats. So why can't you Republicans constrain spending?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is the question, right, and the default for both parties has been you know, the Democrats haven't express train to the crash light and Republicans just have a regular train to the crash slight. They're headed the same place. And the real question is is do you take this quote principal position, I'm voting for nothing unless it already you know, balances and does the right things. Or do you say, I'm willing to vote for things that help us move in the right direction. And that's the position I've taken, is you know, I'm willing to vote for some things but not everything. And some people come and say, well, unless it goes to the right direction, right out of the gate, I'm voting no on everything. But the reality is a lot of people, I tell people Republican politics is a little too much like Nascar. People get in the race and they just start turning left. So that's part of the success of this navigating the cr shutdown is Speaker Johnson took everybody out of town. They keep the leverage on the Senate, keep pressure on the Senate, because otherwise I think the surrender caucus in the House would form and the Moderates would cut a deal with the Democrats and we would just keep turn left. So it came at a big price, but Speaker Johnson led a fight here and kept the burden where it belonged, which is on the Senate.
Speaker 1: And if any change happens tonight at seven o'clock or eight o'clock. Then it's going to go back to the Senate. Going back to the Senate is a non starter, but the Democrats would get what they want, which is total chaos. If this thing done past tonight, the markets are going to crash, the planes aren't gonna fly, the hungry won't be fed, the cops are going to walk off their job in federal workforce. The military won't be paid, the FBI won't be paid. Chaos, confusion constantly, which is what Greg Lansman won. He wants not to feed the hungry, he wants the cops not to be paid. He wants complete confusion to throw crap on the Republicans politically. Warren Davidson, we got to run. We left to decide the issue of illegal alien truck drivers killing Americans. That's another thing we'll deal with another day because they're out there on the roads. But Warren Davidson, your guest is tonight it will pass. We'll see what happens. I'll be monitoring things as you will. Once again, thanks for coming on the Bill, Cunningham shure. We're reporting back to your constituents what's happening in the nation Capital Aarren Davidson.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much, always an honor. God bless you and all your listeners.
Speaker 2: And God bless America. Let's continue with more.
Speaker 1: If it can't be done, now, restrain a federal spending it can't be done.
Speaker 2: Bill Cunningham, seven hundred WW