Speaker 1: Mac. I have returned home from what some may call an odyssey up north. I went to Maine with the family. Yeah yeah, yeah, faced all sorts of obstacles.
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah.
Speaker 1: I brought home for my coworkers some delicious treats.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I put them on the desk at the radio station. Sure, you may or may not know this. Us people who work in radio, we're all savages. We'll eat anything that's put out.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Not one person touched my treats.
Speaker 3: So were they too official? Were they too wrapped up? Or were they did you open them for people?
Speaker 1: No, they were wrapped They were in a box. I opened the box. I said, hey, guys, I got everyone saltwater taffy.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, I think you just figured out why no one ate it.
Speaker 1: First four hours, not one person even touched a piece of candy.
Speaker 3: I haven't tasted a piece of saltwater taffy since maybe the nineties, early ots at best.
Speaker 1: I was told that saltwater taffy is old people candy. I was told that saltwater taffy hurts people's teeth. Okay, and what am I gonna do with this taffy?
Speaker 3: I would say of the top twenty treats you could bring someone home from a trip. Saltwater taffy would be eight hundred and fifty.
Speaker 1: Do I leave it there for people to stare at and mock me? Or do I say you guys don't deserve my saltwater taffy and I take you just.
Speaker 3: Start yelling names and tossing saltwater taffy to them, because then they gotta catch it. They gotta catch it.
Speaker 2: And I'm not gonna eat it.
Speaker 1: No one's gonna.
Speaker 2: Eat I catch anything I eat. I catch.
Speaker 1: That's Is that a rule in life for you?
Speaker 3: If you get something the thrown it and you catch it, you gotta eat or drink it.
Speaker 1: One? Good?
Speaker 2: Three?
Speaker 1: Yeah, just three? King of Queen mile Street entertain Goo. I'm Mac and we are the Mac and Goo program. If you rate, review and subscribe, I'll mail you a piece of assault one.
Speaker 3: Today we are discussing quite possibly the best Marvel movie we've seen in a long long time.
Speaker 1: You gotta stop doing that.
Speaker 2: I never say that. I never say that. I never said remember.
Speaker 1: The years like the five years after The Hangover. This every commercial was the best comedy since The Hangover.
Speaker 2: The best Marvel movie since Endgame.
Speaker 1: This is the best Marvel movie since The Hangover.
Speaker 2: Well, now you're stretching it. Now, you're all it's fib okay. Good.
Speaker 3: Today we are discussing Spider Man brand new day. We've had a few days to sit on this GOO, and I'm interested to hear your thoughts on it, because when we were leaving the theater it felt like I was higher on it.
Speaker 2: Than you, and so this will be maybe a decent discussion.
Speaker 1: You said it was great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I loved it, loved it.
Speaker 3: This is the thirty eighth movie entry into the MCU GOO. We're now up into the fifties overall, including shows and one off sort of things. Now, of course, the extended universe is now included in, but stuff specifically created for the MCU.
Speaker 2: This is the thirty eighth movie.
Speaker 1: You know what Spider Man said, A fifty. I kicked my leg up, Sally O'Malley.
Speaker 3: I don't know what number fifty were at, but we're in the fifties.
Speaker 1: I thought this was fifty. No, I take it back, if not, Sally O'Malley.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we are two Marvel movies away, So Doomsday and then whatever the next one is of being able to rank or create official.
Speaker 1: Dog tiers Doomsday and Vision Right. Vision Quest is a shit because they're not doing movies between Avengers, Good Move True. What Vision will be.
Speaker 3: In Well, you know what's great is by the end of Secret Wars, we'll have forty Marvel movies that we can tier into forty hot dogs, you know, forty Sally and Mealley, Kick Goo Spider Man Brand New Day has a reported budget of two hundred and twenty five million dollars. It is projected gou for a whammy of a weekend one hundred and ninety to two hundred million dollar domestic open and another two seventy three hundred million dollars internationally. There's a pretty good chance this eclipse is five hundred million in its first week. To give you some contacts there, No Way Home made two hundred and sixty million domestically and ultimately one point nine billion worldwide. No Way Home Goo is number three all time at the domestic box office, behind The Force Awakens in Endgame worldwide Goo, it's number eight, and everything that's above it has eclipsed two billion.
Speaker 1: So when this movie is the highest grossing movie of all time, I get five points in the movie draft.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it's gonna get there, but it's gonna break into the top seven, that's for sure. It's crazy, right, it's gonna be the highest grossing spider Man spider Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they did.
Speaker 1: And I think the big difference between Spider Man and the of the big two because it's a spider Man, Batman, Superman, right, Yeah, the legacy well known.
Speaker 2: So I think that's the three. I agree.
Speaker 1: I think Spider Man with kids? I think is this better with kids?
Speaker 3: I agree there's something about that just mildly more kid friendly aspect. It's more relatable even for adults to some degree as well. You're not an alien or a billionaire, so Spider Man also plays to the older crowd.
Speaker 1: But I will say this as a father. May I speak to you as a parent. I'm not showing this to my six year old.
Speaker 2: No, this is not maybe when he's eight, eight nine, I.
Speaker 1: Think tennish Okay, I think and granted water down character, but Punisher pushes it toward that. PG. Thirteen.
Speaker 2: Sure, Yeah, a couple swears.
Speaker 1: Guns, swears, knives, lives, guts, butts goose.
Speaker 2: Speaking of that, it is Pg.
Speaker 3: Thirteen and I yeah, maybe I think it's fine for a ten year old, but not all ten year olds are created equally as well, So that's obviously up to you as a to decide.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Okay, were you looking for me to say?
Speaker 2: I know you're gonna speak more as an hour?
Speaker 1: I said my piece. Okay, I said my piece. I feel like twelve.
Speaker 3: Parent segment portion of podcast is over. Parent portion podcast segment over.
Speaker 1: So when I go and see a movie, now it's a scout. I go there to scout the movie because my son's always like, can I go with you? And usually I say maybe at the end of the week, let's see how it is. Yeah, there's a lot of cool scenes in here. There is a lot of fun factor cool scenes in this Spider Man movie.
Speaker 2: Uh goo.
Speaker 3: This Spider Man movie is an action adventure in sci fi are subgenres here Marvel. Marvel has its own subgenre. Should yeh, superhero and urban adventure. This is a bit of an urban adventure. I suppose little park Or I think Parker should be There should be more Parker movies, now parkre movies. Now we're stumbling onto something.
Speaker 1: Should we go ahead and go through all the movies that's ever been made and make a Parker genre subgenre.
Speaker 2: Goo.
Speaker 3: This movie has a run time of one hundred and forty five minutes. That's two hours and twenty five minutes.
Speaker 1: It slightly long, slightly too long.
Speaker 2: Ah, I'm not sure it's it's on the longer side. I don't know if it's too long. Though.
Speaker 1: Here's my big issue with it is at the end of the movie, I had forgotten that I had seen something that was my favorite part of the movie.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, I guess I was like, oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I forgot the Hulk because that scene was awesome.
Speaker 2: It was great, Yeah, really great.
Speaker 3: Goo on Roddy t'se real doozy here ninety one percent from the critics, ninety eight percent from the audience. That's right, you heard correctly, ninety eight. That critics score of ninety one GOO puts it into a tie for the eighth highest MCU movie. It's tied with The Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy the first one, and Spider Man Far from Home.
Speaker 2: The movies that are above it or the other.
Speaker 3: Two Spider Man movies in the MCU, Black Panther, Endgame, Iron Man, Ragnarok, and Shang Chi. So people are liking this movie. This has really good company. The audience score GOO, it's the highest. The only thing that is tied of now is shang Chi at ninety eight percent. If it drops one percent, it'll be tied with No Way Home at ninety seven percent. If it drops three percent, it'll be tied with Far From Home at ninety five percent. So to our previous point, people just love Spider Man movies. Spider Man movies now make up three of the top four audience rate.
Speaker 1: Now do you think that they just do an amazing job with these movies or it's really hard to fuck up a Spider Man movie.
Speaker 2: I think they do a really good job.
Speaker 3: I think Tom Holland is a perfect Spider Man and web slaying fun just creates a fun like a baseline, really fun.
Speaker 1: So you think with the team that they're working with right now, they just have a super high floor.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, so it's been the same writers on all four Spider Man MCU movies. So credit where credit is due there, we'll get to that in a second.
Speaker 2: On Metacritic, gu a sixty nine. That's only through forty four reviews. I don't know how many more there will be.
Speaker 3: That's tied for thirteenth high highest in the MCU. Right below it is Infinity War, Black Widow, and Thunderbolts. At sixty eight, it's tied with The Avengers and Far From Home at sixty nine. Right above it Winter Soldier and ant Man in the Wasp. Interestingly enough, two Spider Man movies actually above it, Homecoming at seventy three and No Way Home at seventy one. So once again Spider Man movies in general doing really well. Spider Man movies in good company. I think there's a good conversation, two separate conversations here where this falls in people's MCU rankings, and then where it falls amongst the four MCU Spider Man movies, because I think people are gonna feel not wildly different, but there'll be two sides to the coin on this one, I think.
Speaker 1: And then I think it's not gonna be I don't believe, and anyone's for superhero movies in general like upper echelon top tier, but I think that it's gonna crack that second for most people. Yeah, but once again they knew where to add the fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the writing, and you know, as much as I didn't love Far from Home The writing has been really.
Speaker 2: Good in this movie.
Speaker 3: And we have to give credit to the two writers, Chris McKenna and Eric Summers, who have been the writers in all four movies. Here them just figuring out what works for Spider Man, and then Tom Holland, you know, acting as good as he does in these four movies, and then them also growing with Tom Holland. It's just made for really successful combination those two writers, go McKenna and Summers. McKenna started on American Dad. He was also a writer on Community and then from there so these two basically work together on American Dad and Community. Then teamed up to do the Lego Batman, Spider Man, Homecoming, Jumanji, Welcome to the Juggle, Ant Man in the Wasp, Spider Man, Far from Home, Spider Man No Way Home, and one of your favorite movies in the last decade, Ghosted.
Speaker 2: They also do.
Speaker 1: I do like ghost It. I don't know what ghost It is.
Speaker 3: Also shout out crank Anchors because Eric Summers worked on crank Anchors twenty five years ago.
Speaker 1: Always add that to our Mac and Goose. You know what we're going to talk about constantly now to crank Yankers.
Speaker 2: Who cranked the most yank Who yanked the most crank?
Speaker 1: Gonna call the crank yanchors to night crank Yankers.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: Neither has anything upcoming on IMDb, but I suspect because of this massive success, they're going to be integral to many Marvel plans going forward. Speaking of someone being involved going forward, Destin Daniel cretten is the director of this movie. Gu Prior to shang Chi, no one really knew who this guy was. He directed shang Chi, which was much better than we all thought it was going to be. He also did wonder Man earlier this year. Gu Upcoming on his docket is the shang Chi sequel, the Naaruto movie, and he's doing something for TV called Scenes for Minors. I think Destin Daniel Cretton is one of the guys to continue to look out for here going forward.
Speaker 1: He was also very upset when they canceled his Avengers movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he was signed on to.
Speaker 1: Do King Dynasty.
Speaker 2: The King Dynasty yep and based.
Speaker 3: I mean, obviously that sort of fell apart with nothing having to do with him, but it would have been extremely interesting now to see what that would have how that would have played.
Speaker 1: Also, News Depp. Season two of wonder Man has been canceled.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Interesting.
Speaker 3: I we were not surprised when it got a second season because of how successful it was. However, it did seem like it was lending itself to more of a one off mini series type of.
Speaker 1: Show, which is I think what I prefer.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 1: I like what they gave us in that first season, and obviously we could see where the characters go. But I'm okay with this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think this gets canceled. This is a bit of a gooster jamas here. I think they're canceling this so that destined Daniel cretin dd C DC focus on more central MCU stories going forward. And I also think, like you said, I think we're gonna see wonder Man in a couple of things.
Speaker 1: I didn't say that, well, sort of, That's not what I said at all.
Speaker 3: You spider Man, Brand New Day. Spider Man, Brand New Day. A forgotten Peter Parker lives alone as a full time Spider Man until mounting pressure triggers a dangerous change and a powerful new enemy emerges. To your point, there, it felt like Holland was doing more of a Queen zaccent in this movie. Than he's attempted in the last three, but I liked it. It stars Tom Holland as Peter Parker, Spider Man, Zendaa's back as MJ. Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner aka The Hulk, John Bernhal is Frank Castle the Punisher, Jacob Battalon as Ned Leads Eliza Cologone, Zias's detective is Jeene de Wolf, Trammel Tillman as William Metzger, and Goucedie Sink.
Speaker 2: Is in this movie.
Speaker 3: We've known she's been in this movie for a long time. There was a lot of discourse and dialogue going into this movie about who she might or will play, and it really was narrowed down to three options one Jean Gray, two Typhoord Mary, or three Rachel Summers. And it kind of felt like the Typhoord Mary stuff fell off and then it was just is she Jene Gray or she Rachel Summers. She's definitely playing a mutant. We'll see how she plays going forward. I'm interested to hear your Sadie Sink thoughts once we get the spoilers.
Speaker 2: But I loved her addition to the MCU.
Speaker 1: I thought she was great, and we've always said this, We said this the last two ish seasons of Stranger Things. She's better than the other characters. Yeah, she's better than the other actors, most.
Speaker 2: Of them anyways. Uh goo.
Speaker 3: Also in this movie, briefly, Marissa Toome is May Parker. Naomi Watts is EVI. That's right, the AI that Peter Parker utilizes. Michael Mando is Matt Gargan aka Scorpion. Marvin Jones, the thirdest tombstone is in this movie for like seven seconds.
Speaker 1: Also, you keep slipping in and out of like a Brooklyn Queen's Boston accent. You ready for this?
Speaker 2: Yeah? All right.
Speaker 1: So me and my wife we went out to an Italian restaurant and the waiter comes over for dessert and says, what'll you be having? And I said a fagato And he said, all right, I'll come back a little later.
Speaker 2: Your week in Maine has really strengthen your comedic chops.
Speaker 3: Also, Billy Clements's Ramrod. He was the guy that kind.
Speaker 1: Of looked Kyle Mrod. Thank you.
Speaker 2: He was the guy that kind of looked like Juggernaut but wasn't. Uh.
Speaker 3: Then we also have Zabrina Grivara briefly in here as Shila Riviera. We saw her of course in the two Dared Devil seasons.
Speaker 2: Uh and then Goo. That's really all you need to know.
Speaker 3: There's the reportedly also what's your Face was cut as the nurse Dawson.
Speaker 1: That was something that I really wish. I was hoping that she'd be there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as night Nurse. We did not get her. Goo. What a stretch for the MCU. We were two years.
Speaker 1: Removed from a stock market. Right now, we're two years.
Speaker 3: Removed from people claiming the death of the MCU. It's gone reboot. It started over kill It twenty twenty four gives us dead Pool and Wolverine smashed success. I think we all knew it was going to be the most important MCU movie. But that movie was a hell of a ride, so fun, a lot of money, a lot of money, a lot of fun. Then we got Agatha all along the mini series and I don't know if it was a smash success, but generally people liked it miss advanced but.
Speaker 1: Also not to the point of like anybody hating mixed leaning positive, yes, okay. And then we get Captain America Brave New World, which, out of the last eleven projects, ten projects, it's the only one definitively a miss or bad. I would say that's to start off twenty twenty five last year, and then we get Daredevil Born Again season one.
Speaker 2: People generally loved that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Thunderbolts another one that was much better than we all figured it was going to be. That was followed up by Ironheart the series, which was uneven. A lot of people didn't like it, I think for the wrong reasons, but that gave us a great reveal and in general I would say mixed leaning positive there as well. Then we also get the Fantastic four First Steps last year, so a lot in twenty twenty five, which also that's I would say, that's in my top ten on the MCU.
Speaker 2: I loved that movie. The twenty twenty six.
Speaker 3: Gu has given us wonder Man Daredevil Born Against season two, which.
Speaker 2: Was not the greatest, but again I think was pretty positive.
Speaker 1: No one said after like, oh, the emcu's fallen off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and then Goo.
Speaker 3: Now of course we get Spider Man Brand New Day, and then the rest of this year we get like you said earlier, Vision Quest and then Doomsday, so we're kind of back.
Speaker 1: I do like the argument that of like from twenty twenty four on, or you can look at from Endgame on. But this movie is up there with the best stuff that they've given us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and in that stretch I just gave you, you know, even if you didn't love Agatha, Ironheart and Daredevil, the movies have been a success the shows.
Speaker 2: Sure, maybe you're not watching the shows.
Speaker 3: But I also think on the flip side of that, you could argue they're nine for their last ten.
Speaker 1: It's pretty good average, I would say. And this little stretch here, I think Thunderbolts is still my favorite.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, over this, I think it's expectations. WHOA, I think it's expectation.
Speaker 2: Hot take there.
Speaker 1: I think it's expected. Wow, Okay, you go into it a Spider Man movie. You're you're bringing your web slingers and you're ready to shoot all over again.
Speaker 2: A lot of that we got, maybe the most we've seen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my web slingers popped off just like Spider Man.
Speaker 2: Cool well I describe I.
Speaker 3: I don't have many distractions about this movie, so this is gonna be heavily on you.
Speaker 1: I suppose the detractions that I would have in this movie, and this might have something to do with The last movie that I saw going into Spider Man was The Odyssey. Okay, this big, beautiful, practically shot where you can feel every piece of that scenery you step into. This one, this did feel a little flat at points, It felt a little dull at points, and I did feel like the time dragged a little bit. Also too much slow motion.
Speaker 3: For me, I thought that this was probably the best looking MCU movie we've seen.
Speaker 1: In a while.
Speaker 2: It's the best looking Spider Man movie for sure.
Speaker 3: I'm trying like Infinity War an Endgame are probably the two best looking we've seen in the last six years, seven years, But this movie I thought looked great, and it had that dash of grittiness in there as well. I don't agree at all. I didn't feel flatnous because you didn't want whatsoever. Yeah, you're right, I missed out on that one. And I also, like, at least my brain I never even once was like comparing the two because there's it's such in a different length.
Speaker 1: I don't know. There was something just about the look of this movie, and once again coming off of Christopher Nolan that didn't help it for me.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, I disagree.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you said this looks better than the Odyssey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's exactly.
Speaker 1: That's what Mac and the guy's like, Hey, what do you guys think of the movie? And Ma's like, visually, this.
Speaker 2: One had a Cyclops in it, and it's not the one you think.
Speaker 1: I was expecting Cyclops at the end, he didn't show up. I'm pissed. Shall we get into the Nanagon?
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 1: Good fun factor, lots of it. I think of this movie with the fun factor more than say, the flow of the story. I think the fun factor is better than the flow.
Speaker 3: I think there's three or four action set pieces in this movie that people are gonna talk about for a while and was super fun, really fun. And we're also exploring in multiple characters sort of an expansion of powers and.
Speaker 2: Doing new stuff, and that was really cool as well.
Speaker 3: And I did see a couple of days ago that the creative team behind this one purposefully put in there some finishing moves from the Insomniac Games, and.
Speaker 2: I thought I saw that.
Speaker 3: I saw a couple like finishing moves, and I was like, I know that from someone.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, after ten Spider Man movies, how many Spider Man movies are.
Speaker 2: We in this is three five, this is the ninth one.
Speaker 1: Whatever it is, and that we've seen him in Avengers movies everything else, we've seen a lot of the same when it comes to the moves and the power sets from Spider Man. Yep, this one gave you like ten new things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and also in regards to the web slinging as well, was some new stuff that it really just felt fresh. Maybe isn't the word because it's the nice Spider Man movie, but it was somewhat of a breath of fresh air into Spider Man action and web slinging and you know what, the Peter Parker character. So we didn't really get a chance to get to this spot with the Garfield Peter Parker. We got there in Spider Man three the Rainy Movies, and it obviously was a miserable movie. We're now at a point as Peter Parker slash Spider Man that we've never really been at with the other two, and it's really fun. It's fun to play in this world in this Spider Man sandbox where he is the underdog again. You know, he wasn't when he was stark Spider Man and now he is.
Speaker 1: So yes and no, I was disappointed that he did. Now he doesn't have the same amount of tech, he still has a good amount of.
Speaker 3: Sure, I mean he is he's maybe he's not Sury level or Tony Stark level, but he's pretty close in terms of that ability. And also, you know that spell did what it did. I don't know if it took away stuff that he had access to from Tony Stark, you know, so what's some of that there?
Speaker 1: Do you think? In the spell? And we just weren't paying attention. He was like, I wish that everyone would forget who I am and I get six computer.
Speaker 2: Screens a little little bonus.
Speaker 1: It's like, I'm gonna give up my identity, but i want six computers essential.
Speaker 3: Now I agree that that, And there's also no real way to do that. Well, I think, you know, it's hard to explain that away. And maybe that is one of the worst parts about the movie.
Speaker 1: You know, he doesn't have he no longer has a man in the chair, he no longer has people that can help him. So yeah, he might need the AI, but the AI still is very Tony Stark.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no, that's that's for sure true.
Speaker 3: Speaking of the Spell, Goo, which I think plays into satisfactor. Here we end the last movie with MJ and everyone on the planet not knowing, not remembering that Spider Man is Peter Parker, and we were happy to.
Speaker 2: Reset back then.
Speaker 3: I was a little worried that was gonna be kind of wonky here, But man, I felt like they handled that well, Like that was so seamless.
Speaker 1: But also I wouldn't have minded if they dragged that out a little bit longer. Not so this movie's long, but I'm saying, like over two movies, maybe, Well, I.
Speaker 3: Think we're still I think we're still on a spot where no one's really they had boners at the end.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll get to that in a second.
Speaker 1: Let's listen to wait what this movie again?
Speaker 2: I think one of the lesser parts is it's not the most satisfying conclusion.
Speaker 3: It doesn't necessarily end on a high, but it does end on a spot that gets you excited for things going forward.
Speaker 1: Right, and then I have questions, but those are spoilers, Okay, Borometer, I wasn't bored, but I did feel like some of the pacing was a little clunky.
Speaker 2: Hum it was.
Speaker 3: It wasn't the best, but it also because of what this movie becomes it just had to do certain things right. There's there's Sadie Sink's character that they have to go out of their way to sort of explain where she was, explain how she got there, and it's very necessary, but you're right, it does take you out of the movie for for a couple of minutes.
Speaker 1: Halloween, Well, this movie wane over time. I think this movie has a better chance, and I'm not saying that it's not going to but I think it is a better chance of not more than No Way Home.
Speaker 3: So we had this conversation briefly the other day. I think we accurately clocked no Way Home.
Speaker 1: I really really enjoined dog number.
Speaker 2: I don't agree with maybe you did, un I think we gave it like thirty six. I gave it thirty five.
Speaker 1: No, you gave it forty fi.
Speaker 2: I feel pretty good about that.
Speaker 3: Still, I think we accurately clock that in our discussion about it, how it was gonna be a great one time viewing and it's not gonna be that fun after that. It's a lot of wow, not a lot of stuff that's gonna hold up. This movie's polar opposite of that.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: So you think over time, it's gonna go to fifty hot times.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Ah, quater World. Does this movie better or worse in the nineteen ninety five movie Water Worlds, I'd say yes.
Speaker 2: I'd say considerably better.
Speaker 1: Mac Sometimes movies have there's no small roles, but someone who might have a small amount of time, and when they step on the screen, you say, God, damn it, that's Jesse Plemons.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Did anyone in this movie make you say wow? They are given a John Leguizamo like performance in their small amount of time.
Speaker 3: Jacob Batlon, I'm sure I'm butchering his last name. Was such a delight. Yeah, but he's in too much of a movie.
Speaker 2: No, he's not. He's in like four scenes.
Speaker 3: Dude, he's in so much of the No Jacob, that battle on Batalon, I don't know how you say it is Nadalona a delight. He was a delight, Every everything delight. Every scene that was in was fun, plemonade.
Speaker 1: He's like the third billing in these movies.
Speaker 3: First of all, not in this movie. He was like fifth bild. Second of all. One of the major complaints I've seen on the X on the Twitter sphere is that he wasn't in it enough.
Speaker 1: Oh, I have an idea. Who do you think should have gotten less screen time.
Speaker 3: In this one? I don't know if there's a winner on that one. I don't know if there's a winner. I feel like it was balanced really well.
Speaker 1: Not saying that they should do it, but I could see the argument for less Punisher.
Speaker 3: But again, he's he's he's really only in like four scenes.
Speaker 2: They're extended, they're extended.
Speaker 1: What if they took some of those Punisher scenes, took his gun and gave it to Ned, and then Ned got those five minutes.
Speaker 3: I also think that they needed someone to fill that character role.
Speaker 2: Punisher's perfect for it.
Speaker 3: I suppose it could have been Daredevil as well, but they needed someone in that role, and I feel like John bernhow as Punisher works well there.
Speaker 1: Do you think that also just shows off how good of a guy Peter is. That the Punisher has been around some other superheroes and while he might have respect for them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I also can you as an audience member, as a viewer, you can also tell that Punisher Frank Castle can recognize that Spider Man's like younger, He's not.
Speaker 2: Like this old adult dickhead. He's still like guys have a kid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's got this optimistic view on life that the older folks do not have.
Speaker 1: Max Credit Union. You want to give it to the writers.
Speaker 3: I mean, the writers obviously have crushed it here. Sadie Sink was so good. The biggest thing I felt like, and it's obvious they're married in real life. Tom Hollins and Day are married. Their Hones Street chemistry is fucking amazing. It's so good, so good. They crushed the emotional notes of this movie.
Speaker 1: That's the thing is that between them and that alone, like they the three of them have amazing chemistry and.
Speaker 3: Really satisfying to watch them bounce off each other. Like their couple scenes were great.
Speaker 1: Pants Tent City, Excite, bike Mania, what got you going in this movie? And the stuff at Damage Control. When we finally got our hulk that is not a spoiler because we saw it in the trailer. That was such an awesome scene.
Speaker 2: It was great. It was so good when.
Speaker 1: He said I didn't know you can get that big, which is something my wife always says to me. I'm always surprised at her the first time be as small and dinky as possible you.
Speaker 3: Popped a blue shoe and then all of a sudden you're like, WHOA, I didn't know I had all those inches. I would say, I agree with you on that scene. There's the Spider Man versus the Hand scene that they tease the trailers that was fucking great. And then there's obviously a reveal in this movie as to who Sadie sink character is, and then there's also a moment with her character and her abilities that I thought was fucking awesome as well. There's a number of really great scenes in this movie that are like appropriately spaced out along the way too. So we spoke about a little bit of its luckiness from you know A to B, two C to D. But when we got to those tech polls, they were fucking great.
Speaker 1: For those of you Tartey to the Mac and Goop party. We rate everything on a forty hot dog rating system and Mac I had a ton of fun with many of the scenes in this movie. I liked seeing not only the evolution of the Spider Man character, where we now have a bunch of powers that we have not seen outside of the video games, tons of stuff that we are seeing on the big screen. For the first time, and I really enjoyed all of that. I thought those were all really really fun. Not only that, but the evolution of Peter as he's you know, going further learning that he can't do this by himself. And while that was the safest thing for him at the TI to have his friend's memories erased, he didn't even ask for their permission. They didn't agree to this, sure, sure, although did did they kind of agree to it.
Speaker 3: I also thought that was a pretty poignant conversation that has had between him and MJ.
Speaker 1: They did agree to him. He's like, I'm gonna do something, but I'm gonna go find you. Yeah, he just never did. He never tells, so he went back. Yes, I thought that, And once again, this is a me issue. After seeing The Odyssey, I felt like some of this looked a little bit flat, so stupid. I'm over and this is We've seen it so many movies. I am over seeing him swinging through the city. Oh bullshit, I think we can cut That's still like.
Speaker 2: My favorite part of the insurment. Nothing. Just let me go for a swing, let me catapul over a building.
Speaker 1: Five moving forward, we can cut twenty minutes out every Spider Man movie.
Speaker 2: No no fast travel, no fast travel.
Speaker 1: I just have him say I'm going to the Empire State Building, swing his hand, and then he's already there. Fuck that.
Speaker 2: I hate you bullshit.
Speaker 1: It's a lot. It for thirty years, and it was all new.
Speaker 2: It was new perspectives, new stuff.
Speaker 1: In this one, they only showed one time from inside the eye.
Speaker 2: I also liked what, oh, you want more Oakley's in this movie.
Speaker 1: I want more Oakley's I want more.
Speaker 3: I liked how he had to coach himself when he had the organic coaching stuff.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: I liked the learning process, the other stuff where it's just him swing. We've seen that a million times. We've seen him do parkour.
Speaker 2: Fuck you, dickhead.
Speaker 1: This movie is great, though. I had a great time. Clunky at points. I thought the end did drag a little bit, but I really did enjoy the Hulk stuff. I liked this stuff with the punish share. I thought we maybe could have worked on that a little bit too. I had thirty five hot dogs.
Speaker 3: Wow, okay, all right, I mean that's in my mind, that's like a middling MCU movie at this A B plus it be plus the heights of the MCU or what like my thirty five Ranger down in the in the high teaskew it's all, it's so, what.
Speaker 2: Where do you have this in the MCU?
Speaker 1: I didn't do that. Oh all right, well, I'd say it's probably it's right. Oh look, it's right in the teens. And if we're looking at this compared to other Spider Man movies.
Speaker 2: Where do you have this ranked among the four Hall and MCU movies?
Speaker 1: I didn't. Homecoming still has the freshest feel to it and maybe the most the most boyish charm when it comes to Peter Parker, he's he's nine in that mone.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's got the Keaton reveal moment, and it's definitely a lot of fun in that.
Speaker 1: I think that might be what the big thing is too, is that that has the best villain.
Speaker 2: So that I think. So I'll get to mind as you look up where this might rank in the MCU.
Speaker 1: Also, I wish that Alan Trammel was a little bit bigger in this.
Speaker 3: Trammel Tillman, not Detroit Tigers great shortstop Alan Trammel.
Speaker 2: Uh Go.
Speaker 3: I think that the biggest problem with this issue is that there is no true villain Spider Man has this rose gallery of dozens of great, great villains, and we are sort of once again blueballed with that. I think that's what hurts this movie most, and I think there's a lot of people having an issue with that, and I'm fine if that's your issue. However, in lieu of that, what they do give us and the character that sort of fills the gap there I thought was fucking tremendous. It's a great sort of origin for that character in the MCU. It makes you buy into her emotionally and subsequently going forward. I understand the critique, but I also think they did it as good as you could do if you weren't going to have one of his main villains. I also feel like this movie accomplishes a ton. It's a lot of progression for our main characters, our side characters, our MCU story, you know, the reuniting of Peter and MJ has done so so well. I literally don't think there's anything bad in this movie. To your point, I do think it's clunky for twenty to thirty minutes getting bridging that gap from how fun the opening sequences into okay, here we are a Spider Man, but Holland as Peter like going through it was so fucking good. He emotionally in this movie is doing a ton He's doing such a good job. I have this movie at thirty eight. Hot Dogs Goots the first MCEO movie in a long time that may have broken into my top six. So for context at home for you guys, my top six is Infinity War one, Guardians two, End Game three. Those are all forty dog movies. I have Ragnarock at four, at thirty nine, hot Dogs, Black Panther at five, at thirty nine, hot Dogs maybe thirty eight, and then I have Spider Man Homecoming at six. This movie is very different than Homecoming. I'm still trying to figure out if I liked it better.
Speaker 2: I may have.
Speaker 3: I may have because of everything that this movie accomplishes. But I'm not even saying I'm not gonna put home Coming down because it's so different. That movie just feels different than this. And again that was the first movie and now a ten year period talking about against a fourth movie, and then right in that range also I have Winter Soldier, Fantastic four, Deadpool, and Wolverine, so it's clearly better than those last two I just mentioned the recent two and it's in that Homecoming Black Panther Winter Soldier range. For me, I loved this movie. I think it was hamstrung by the lack of a awesome villain, and so it maybe doesn't break in to that top six, that top four, that elite tier that you were talking about with comic book movies. But despite that, it's pretty tremendous all the way through.
Speaker 1: I just looked at my thing. I'd put it a I'd say fifteen, just ahead of Fantastic Four, just below Thunderbolts.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I think I'm just higher on these movies in general than you have been. I have Thunderbolts at eighteen and Fantastic Four nine. So you know there's what it is.
Speaker 2: Goo.
Speaker 1: Shall we get the spoilers? Spoilerpiler spoiler?
Speaker 3: Also Yeah, for twenty twenty six, I have The Honesty at thirty nine, not quite a forty.
Speaker 2: I have Obsession at thirty eight. This an obsession.
Speaker 3: I'm having a fun time bouncing back for I think I might have liked Obsession a little bit more so. This is third on the air for me, but those are clearly the top three for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I have this at number two, number three on the year for me, Yeah, i'd have it right around Project tail Mary.
Speaker 2: Okay, I like it more.
Speaker 3: Than that, but I also have Hail Mary's fourth, so we got.
Speaker 2: The same top four. Goo. Hey, hey go, how are you?
Speaker 1: She's playing Jean Gray.
Speaker 2: Sadie Sink is playing Jean Gray.
Speaker 1: Even though you went in saying I heard she's playing Sasha Gray.
Speaker 2: Don't you talk to me about Sasha Gray in the Entourage movie?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Goot, I think no.
Speaker 1: I was just yeah, yeah, shek Vinnie went off the rail memories.
Speaker 3: A little jumble back in those days. You know, Sasha Gray.
Speaker 1: Vannie went off the rails. And I'm not blaming her for all of this, Dude, Jean Gray bad influence. We get that reveal about halfway through the movie, and I was sort of leaning that she might be Rachel Summer's time traveling and ultimately I'm glad it's Jean Gray. I'm glad it's Jean Gray in her regular time in this timeline and growing up in this world with the DODC, because the real villain of this movie is the DDC that Jean Gray is fighting against. So we learn that the DODC has captured Jeene's sister Sarah, who has similar but lesser abilities than Gene, and she's trying to show Gene the ropes. That's sort of where Jeane's at, and ultimately the DODC kills Sarah because they're testing on her so harshly, and this whole vmax thing throughout this mcguffin that V max is ends up being. I also felt like a really neat.
Speaker 3: Reveal where she's looking up and it's the air intake or the AC blowing in, and that moment when Gene when her powers get to the max, the vmax, it was great. I love that the windows blew out, that bubble formed.
Speaker 2: It just shows you that.
Speaker 3: Maybe what is she thirteen fourteen, sixteen years old, that Jean Gray the Omego level mutant.
Speaker 1: No, it say it's like fifteen sixteen, maybe even close to twenty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's a teenager. It doesn't look like she can drive, so say fifteen sixteen.
Speaker 1: If you can hot bodies, you can drive.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited for her going forward.
Speaker 3: And obviously now like we're full blown in the mutant saga and we get deep twenty three coming up in a couple weeks ago. And I imagine they're going to announce to us the cast of the X Men, including Sadie sinc and then you know, four or five others.
Speaker 1: Do you think that they played around with the idea of having her be another telepath, maybe one of Jean Gray's daughters, and then they're like, this is too confusing to start our X Men stuff off with not Jean Gray.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think the decision had to be made. Okay, is this a casting that's gonna mean a lot in Doomsday and Secret Wars or is it gonna mean a lot going forward with the X Men? And they opted for that second one, And I'm glad they did because we're gonna get a lot of pizzaz and a lot of distraction for Doomsday and Secret Wars, and I'm glad that we now have our foundation going forward.
Speaker 1: Well. I also love the fact that the DODC scrubbed Jean Gray stuff so that no one could figure anything out, meaning that they've probably done this in the past with other mutants, right, and that's what's been happening this whole time, and that's why we haven't seen the other mutan exactly.
Speaker 3: And I think what you're gonna see as a part of the follow out of the DODC as Charles Xavier kind of coming and scoop up a lot of those higher level mutants and create Xaviers.
Speaker 1: I was thinking, though, I would have loved it when she was talking to her sister about what their mother did to them about calling someone in. I wish that, you know, when she brought those two guys into talk to me.
Speaker 3: I thought at one point in this movie, especially at the end, maybe the post credit, we were gonna get a second X Men either Cyclops Charles Xavier. They held that back, which is fine, but it was sort of setting up that and I was a little disappointed in that. And also the post credit in this movie, which we haven't mentioned already useless. It just shows that Spider Man's on battle work.
Speaker 1: Also, we are starting our X Men characters off where there's already a device that can nullify their power.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: So the other big thing in this movie is huge going forward, just as big as Gene Gray and the X Men. Peter Parker has created the technology that can inhibit turn off certain strands of DNA in mutants and prevent them for their powers from working. Of course, stolen a little bit from Bruce Banner, and you know that's gonna rear its head. You know that maybe that ends up getting used in Sentinel Tech. So Peter Parker has become our new Tony Stark.
Speaker 2: Essentially, he's the bad guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and now we're gonna deal with this Peter Parker like we had to deal with Tony Stark doing in the Infinity Saga, having to undo some of what he did. And so there's gonna be a natural divide going forward amongst our main characters. And I'm already for that.
Speaker 1: In this movie, Peter goes to Yolena when he needs help. I am curious. Is he just siding with them as the Avengers or why didn't he go to Sam?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think he has any real relationship with Bucky Sam Well.
Speaker 1: Bucky is on Yolayna's team.
Speaker 3: Oh true, yeah, true. The Avengers also are just downtown, you know, they're not that far away. Also, new Avengers a little bit younger a couple of them anyways than Sam Wilson's Avengers. I also think that Lena, she's like the spy one, so that's.
Speaker 2: You go for her when you want to.
Speaker 1: He just chose to go to the spy even though, so I'm curious is she bad at what she's doing or is she lazy? Because she didn't have any real info on that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it also felt like she didn't think it was that big of a threat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and good also, Jean Gray, one of the biggest threats if not handled properly.
Speaker 3: Let me give me, let me give you a little either or here you know, picture that that weight thing, that's a that's a symbol, and it's.
Speaker 1: Like it's the judge with the blindfold.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then you put jelly beans.
Speaker 3: So I have Sam Wilson, Yeah, in a tight suit with wings and a shield, maybe on a roof. I have Yolana Blova nude in a bath. Where are you going?
Speaker 1: Can you put the wings on Yolana?
Speaker 2: Seems like a pretty easy decision there. Ago.
Speaker 3: At the end of this movie pre credits, we get Peter and Ned doing their secret handshake and muscle memory kicks.
Speaker 1: Is also after Jean Gray mocks Peter for oh, you think by kissing her she's gonna remember who you are? Yeah, But then at the end of the movie they do the handshake. Bum No, I love that.
Speaker 2: You missed it. You missed it.
Speaker 3: But MJ calls Spider Man Peter before he leaves, and then he interests himself, introduces himself as Peter, so he no, it's together that this is Spider Man. He doesn't remember. He has no memories still of Peter and their friendship.
Speaker 1: I would argue that he does.
Speaker 2: I don't think he does.
Speaker 1: I think he does. I thought that was the point of it, because she mocked him for the kiss. That would shad.
Speaker 2: I just don't think it shook his memory.
Speaker 1: It's because his true love is ned.
Speaker 2: I think it's just more he realized, oh, that's this Peter, not my Peter.
Speaker 1: No, I'm telling you that that is his Peter, and he knows that now.
Speaker 2: I disagree.
Speaker 1: So the other thing is at the end of the movie, you can tell that Jeane is she's going upstate. I wish that it said on the bus the Mutant house or something.
Speaker 3: I wish the post credit was her knocking on that door and someone opens it, even if we just on the back of someone's head, whether it was Scott.
Speaker 1: Charles bald asshole.
Speaker 3: I wanted something like that. We didn't get it, so be it's a bald.
Speaker 1: Guy turns out with Larry David Eaton Chips.
Speaker 3: Calling in to question some of the continuity and what is happening here in this universe is Spider Man gets shot by Frank Castle accidentally while trying to kill Jean Gray, and then he's holed up in a hospital for a couple.
Speaker 1: Of days as no one knows who he is still.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so punisher Frank Castle is there protecting his identity. But at some point there had to have been a nurse and or doctors in the room, Yes, a surgeon to perform a procedure or surgery on Spider Man.
Speaker 1: And that's where I was waiting for someone to walk into that hospital room, either Miles Morales's mother, the night nurse, or doctor Stephen Strange.
Speaker 3: And I'm curious if maybe that's our future flashback is Miles Morales's mother was the one that was involved in this, you.
Speaker 1: Know, but also probably shouldn't do that. That wouldn't really make a lot of sense.
Speaker 2: Well why not?
Speaker 1: When the police chief was talking to him and she called her son Poppy, I'm like, are they going to roll reverse Miles Morales's parents and now his mother is the police chief and his dad's a nurse, possibly, I don't. I think that's the case because she didn't call them miles that she called them by a different name.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 1: But once she said Poppy, I'm like, that's not David Ortiz.
Speaker 2: What's my son's name, pop Poppy?
Speaker 1: Poppy? I thought that would be an interesting thing to throw people off, But that's not the case.
Speaker 2: Goode.
Speaker 3: I'm a little disappointed that you don't love this movie as much as I do.
Speaker 1: I like, give her thirty five hot dogs. Yeah, that's not good to be plus.
Speaker 2: It's good you've rated it. You rated it good, not great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so a little clunky at points I thought didn't look the best at points.
Speaker 2: I think you're off on that one.
Speaker 1: Too much slow motion for me, Okay, and then I don't like your attitude.
Speaker 2: Did you have bad popcorn during your view ring?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Well no, So my new thing at the theater is because I have an issue that I eat my popcorn too fast, but me and my wife always share it. I wait until she's done with the popcorn, then you go to town. Then I take it and I just dump it all in my mouth because once I take one colonel's handfuls, it's hard to a handful. I can't harp can't stop.
Speaker 3: So thirty five thirty five from Goo. You combine that, you get thirty six and a half.
Speaker 1: Let's get into Ma Sack and Ma Sack could be anything that could be aboute and since Mac was a lazy sack of shit earlier in the week, Maxac could also be news dump, but only specifically to Marvel stuff from comic Con.
Speaker 3: The rest of the run an episode talking about fucking ghost Rider.
Speaker 1: Yeah, goost Ride out of my face the sky. This is only the Marvel stuff from comic Con.
Speaker 2: You don't want weekend box office.
Speaker 1: We're already running an hour. We cannot go any further. The producers giving me one of these. He's saying, let's not make this as clunky as that piece of shit Spider Man movie. Mac the big news out of Comic Con. I think there are two big castings that everyone really glombed onto. That's the word Black Panther three. David Johnson, he'll star as to Challa's son. He'll be the new Black Panther. Ryan Cougler is back.
Speaker 2: I don't know shit about David Johnson.
Speaker 3: However, two or three people that I respect on the internet love this cast.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen many of the stuff that he's in.
Speaker 2: I'm in it.
Speaker 1: So that's where my issue is. It's where that Red Sox got Curtis Mead n Slate. I don't know who Curtis meat is. I read into him. I like Curtis Mead, and we like David Johnson, and then David Johnson broke his wrist and he's out for two Black Panther movies. Now also ghost Rider, we got an update and I wasn't even I had no mind on this at all. But Ryan Gosling is gonna be ghostwriter Johnny Blaize. That's his name, right.
Speaker 3: I don't know if he's gonna be playing Johnny Blaize, but he's playing ghost Racs.
Speaker 1: He's the one that he looks like one of the ones in the comics, looks like Ryan Gosling.
Speaker 3: I love Ryan Gosling, Don't get me wrong. I don't love Sean Levy.
Speaker 1: Now obvious, Sean Levy is another one, and we keep saying this with a bunch of stuff. Sean Levy has a very high floor. Sean Levy knows how to do just enough to make sure that we get across the finish line and make money.
Speaker 3: I'll say this, the two just finished filming Star Wars Starfighter together. Now, if that movie's a banger, I'll be stoked for Ghostwrider. However, I don't really give a fuck about ghost Rider. That's just a me thing. Yeah, he looks cool. I could care less about him. I also am sort of like Ryan Gosling is one of the five or six a less celebs on the planet that everyone knows, and I just kind of want more castings like David Johnson. I guess I would. I would prefer the no less about these folks.
Speaker 1: It'd be great if they had hired Christopher Nolan to be the director of ghost Rider and he walks in the first day, he starts dumping gasoline on Ryan Gosling's head. Really, no, cgi, guys, News doubt. Deadpool showed up at the panel for Avengers Dooms Day asking when they're going to start shooting this movie. They're like, well, it's already done. It's gonna be any post production mount We're already done with that. And he was wearing a gray a jean gray suit.
Speaker 3: Dude, they appeared to me as regular jeans. They looked light blue to me, So I just thought they were light blue jeans, as most.
Speaker 1: I think, are you color blind?
Speaker 3: And then there was no I think the people that thought they were gray are color blind, and even still looking at them, they have a tinge of gray because they're light bluish. But he reveals it, and everyone was talking. Not everyone's half the people talking about maybe those are gray jeans. Maybe this is a Jean Gray tease. Well, obviously they were right, But does this also mean that Jean Gray.
Speaker 2: Is gonna be in Doomsday? We didn't see that end text at the end of the year.
Speaker 1: I think he was just teasing it for Spider Man.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Also, this is gray, it's like blue. Is it blue or gold?
Speaker 2: Also, gray is like gray is pretty close to the light.
Speaker 1: I don't agree with that at all. That's very much great.
Speaker 2: We're a pair of jeans one time, we're in jeans.
Speaker 1: Right now, I have one pair and they're blue.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: Doomsday Cast interviews Pedro Pascal says that Doom and Reed have history in Avengers, Doomsday and Game. The re release will be an exclusive look at Doomsday.
Speaker 3: I'm stoked that the Fantastic Four crew have run in with Doom before. That's meaningful obviously, so I'm glad that's out there. I'm looking forward to how they have interacted. I'm also really looking forward to spending like twenty two dollars to go see the Endgame re release, just for the extended look at Doomsday.
Speaker 1: News Dead Kevin fig says, what did he say? No Marvel films will be released between Avengers, Doomsday and Secret Wars, and the new focus is quality.
Speaker 3: Well, in order to focus on Quae. I wouldn't say the new focus.
Speaker 1: This said is the new thing. We didn't give a shit about it before. It's new. We're gonna do quality now.
Speaker 3: I'm perfectly fine with this because Doomsday, much like Infinity War and Endgame, is gonna lead directly into Secret Wars. You don't need something in between. You could have had something, but.
Speaker 1: If somebody did ask, like, well, what about the five TV shows that are coming out, and he said, no more questions.
Speaker 2: I'm happy.
Speaker 3: And it sounds like we're coming to sort of a definitive end with a lot of characters in Secret Wars.
Speaker 2: So that's fine.
Speaker 1: Keep it that way, is dope. Mac. What did Kevin Figi say about the people who are complaining that there's no build up for Doctor.
Speaker 3: Doom, so number one, sure decent complaint. However, you know, the Fanos build up was over what eight nine years. We kind of had to throw this one together in two or three years. Figi said, the Fanos build up has built up in people's heads over the years. He sat on a chair. At the end, he pulled a gauntlet out and said, I'll do it myself, and he yelled that ronan on on video screen. Briefly, that was kind of it. He's righting about that. We only got about seventeen seconds of him. I remember the memes making fun of Thanos for just sitting on a chair with Infinity War. We said, this is really the introduction of Thanos to people. That's how that movie was built. That's what we're doing with Doctor Doom. You know what, He's right, He's one hundred percent right about that. Now we've only gotten one Doom post credit. He said nothing. We didn't see his face, however, because those movies in the Infinity Saga were so good, we were excited for Thanos, not because of anything Thanos did. Now, Okay, the run up to this may might be lesser, sure, but they built out Thanos in that first scene, and I'm sure they're gonna do the very same thing with Doom here and I'm sure after seven minutes of this movie, we're gonna say Doom's fucking awesome the same way we did with Thanos.
Speaker 1: Here's dope. Figi also said that Nova will be a film.
Speaker 2: Sure, sure, sure, sure.
Speaker 1: There's Dope Vision Quest well the end of the Wanda trilogy. It'll be on Disney Plus on October fourteenth's just in time for Halloween.
Speaker 3: I'm also curious if Vision and Tommy and Billy are playing a role in Doomsday Secret Wars or if they're going to be a part of that crew.
Speaker 2: Go well, if.
Speaker 1: Doomsday is trying to take children to create his world, Billy could be of assistance.
Speaker 2: Yeah. True. They'll be a little bit older though in this You.
Speaker 1: Know you said Sadie Sank was twelve in.
Speaker 2: This movie, I said thirteen to sixteen.
Speaker 1: She's older than Tom Holland Tom Hollin's twelve in real life.
Speaker 2: Do you think do you think he's kidnapping Sadie Sink?
Speaker 1: I don't know how old she is in this.
Speaker 2: I don't think she can drive. What is the so under seventeen?
Speaker 1: You know what, I don't know what Doom is planning.
Speaker 3: And also in that flashback to Sarah that must have happened like a few months before and she felt like she was playing thirteen fourteen in that clip.
Speaker 1: That's because she had bangs. That's why it's dead. Astin Daniel Creighton confirms that Shang Chi is in active development.
Speaker 3: As we spoke at the top of this podcast, all In on anything Destin Daniel Kretin is doing, including shang Chi too.
Speaker 1: News dip. They also mentioned that wonder Man has been canceled.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's fine, that's fine.
Speaker 1: So what news dip And then finally big news in the mcu ice age saved John Leguizamo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, apparently the money he made from that is basically what kept his life afloat and his family afloat.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: And also a note, Goo, we liked John Leguizamo with Matt Damon once, why not a second time. He's in talks to Star and the Daniels next film alongside Matt.
Speaker 1: Damon news Depp. All right, that'll do it for this episode of Mac and Goo. Mac Whick and the folks find us my headphones are breaking.
Speaker 3: You can find us on Twitter and Instagram at Mac and gooo podcast Uh no Mac Ampersango, Max Shift seven, gouncuse Facebook's No, I'm fucking it up whatever. We're all over the social media's and all over the podcast platforms. Uh Watertown Sports where, Watatownsports dot com, Extra Screenprinting.
Speaker 1: And Embroidery, Teapublic dot com, our Church check us out. At the top of next week, we'll have a news dump with everything that happened over the week and all the we'll talk all about the Clueless sequel series that's coming out. Alicia Silverstone is back and she's this time she's gonna do it herself.
Speaker 2: They're gonna d age her.
Speaker 1: Do you like to do it yourself? I hope you got a big trunk, because I'm putting my bike in it. I was talking with my cousin the other day. The forty year Old Virgin really came out in the perfect time in my life.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, we were what fifteen.
Speaker 1: And it's different parts of the movie that just hit you at different points.
Speaker 2: So good.
Speaker 3: I we So that must have been the spring of four because I remember watching it at Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: With the family.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Four, And it's not a family movie.
Speaker 1: It is not a family movie. That sure, because it says here that you wrote that she's hurting for a squirt. All right, Tuesdays are goose days. I Abuse Kangaroos. Tam Bart Bye. Please flip the cassette over to side B to continue the adventure. Now it's time for girls jumping on trampolines. Ziggy Zagi, zigi zagi o oy oi