Speaker 1: All right, it is Mojo in the Morning show. I feel like this weekend was one of those like blurs that happened in your life, right where it just kind of comes and goes and it's done and whatever, and then the next week is supposedly going to be like one of the hottest weeks that we're going to have.
Speaker 2: Which you said, yay too, you want it to.
Speaker 3: Be that hot.
Speaker 4: No, I was probably caught it a little bit. So did I say ya to it?
Speaker 1: Or maybe I was meaning it like to be you know, I don't know, I'm not into it. I the weather is so nice over the weekend, Like I felt like there was a couple of like Friday was a great day. The temperature at night was beautiful. The ninety seven degree that we're supposedly getting tomorrow. So let's look at this.
Speaker 5: And they said on the news station this morning that the real feel was going to it was going to be like one hundred and five one hundred and seven that's what it's going to feel like with the humidity.
Speaker 4: Yeah, extreme look at this.
Speaker 1: Every one of the uh Detroit East Land, sing Toledo Grand Rapids, UH, there's extreme heat warnings for all of them. Actually Toledo is not not horrible though Toledo's going to be in the high eighties.
Speaker 2: It's interesting. It's not far from us.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, listen, and when you live in Toledo you can deal with things.
Speaker 4: You're good.
Speaker 2: You have that breeze coming off late?
Speaker 1: What about gran Grand Rapids? This sunny eighty nine? No, it's gonna be not No, they're gonna be hot to it's bad though. It's gonna be bad in the metro Detroit area though, like it's gonna be like they're saying ninety seven degrees.
Speaker 2: Need to know where the cooling centers are?
Speaker 1: Oh, Grand Rapids are saying ninety five? What app do you guys use for weather? Because so is the Apple one?
Speaker 4: This one? Yep, that's the way. That's the Apple one. Okay, that's what I use.
Speaker 2: So many cities? Why are you tracking so many cities on thereo?
Speaker 1: Because of their places that I've ten of them. I've first off, some of them are in our listening area. I like to be able to. I don't know if you ever listen to me do a weather forecast. I'll do a weather forecast.
Speaker 4: And now another's three.
Speaker 2: What are the others?
Speaker 1: It's well, I got West Bloomfield where I live, I've got Detroit where I work, and then I've got Canton where my girlfriend is.
Speaker 4: I just want to make sure that they're all represented.
Speaker 1: But I I don't necessarily feel like I get the best from the Apple One. I feel like like a buddy of mine pays twenty four dollars a month for the weather.
Speaker 3: Channels are absolutely not free.
Speaker 1: He's a big golfer, and he said that he likes to know exactly when what are you.
Speaker 3: Getting on the on the app that you're paying twenty four bucks per cent, not just on there.
Speaker 1: He told me he's never been in the middle of a thunderstorm or a lightning storm. Here you go wild extreme heat warning from noon Tuesday till eight pm at night, and then the same thing for the following day on Wednesday. Noon Wednesday till eight pm at night, there's an extreme heat.
Speaker 5: I feel like they're going to cancel. Like if if you play a sport or your kids play sports or something outside, I feel like, oh, that's going to get canceled.
Speaker 4: It's going to be so warm.
Speaker 1: I have guy friends that are playing in a golf tournament this week too, Like they play golfers don't care these guys. These guys are crazy and some of these guys are not in shape type guys like Yeah, I don't know. I uh, I get worried about this. What did everybody do this weekend? Lydia and Bianca? I haven't had an opportunity to find out from you guys what you did? Uh, let me let me look. I wanna I want to see your I have to.
Speaker 3: Go to my camera roll.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 7: I went to I went to Luke Bryan yesterday and it was probably the worst Luke Brian concert I've ever been to.
Speaker 3: What where is he?
Speaker 5: Was he a pinap?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was at Pine Knob. So his set list.
Speaker 7: I usually look at the setlist before so I knowe songs are singing. There was twenty two songs on that list. He only played eight of them. The rest he brought out John Party, started doing cover bands, started singing Journey everything but his own songs.
Speaker 2: Didn't you say?
Speaker 7: He didn't feel good either, Yeah, and he was coughing and everything on stage.
Speaker 3: It was just a mess.
Speaker 4: It was terrible, really.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then I went to a summer Wereen party.
Speaker 2: What's that?
Speaker 3: Oh, that's what you guys are like, yeah, so fun.
Speaker 7: It was like a Halloween and summer party. So me and Bryce dressed up as the fired football coaches Meltzucker and Sharon Moore. Honey, honestly, we came up with it at like five o'clock at night.
Speaker 3: The party was at seven. We ate up, We went to Walmart, got the headsets.
Speaker 7: Well, Bryce actually had a headset from his dad, but it was it was great.
Speaker 1: And then Friday night, you were throwing the first pitch out. I saw, Yeah, I did.
Speaker 3: It was really cool.
Speaker 4: Where was that at uw M Field?
Speaker 3: It was the old Jimmy Johnsfield.
Speaker 2: How d your throw? I mean I kind of saw it, but.
Speaker 4: It was good.
Speaker 7: Actually, I think I did probably the best pitch out of everyone there. That's what they told me.
Speaker 8: Anyways, it's rollers.
Speaker 9: First off, let's.
Speaker 4: Welcome be gone.
Speaker 3: They probably didn't know how to say my last name.
Speaker 4: That was actually pretty good.
Speaker 3: No, the guy that was like that was one of the workers.
Speaker 4: Can I tell you something? You threw the first pitch out?
Speaker 1: And then I saw in the Joe Show that Jed threw the first pitch out and Jed's first pitch looked horrible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well he also did it for the Raids. I'm like, we should do it for the Tigers.
Speaker 4: Well, let's get.
Speaker 2: Did you do it with your shoulder?
Speaker 1: I've done it before, but I can be honest, I'd rather see Bean could go do it. I think that would be kind of fun, or Shannon or the first pitch, well eight first pitches, that would be kind of that'd be fun. How about at the same time the show throws it out at the same time. Can you imagine to one catcher and they have to catch it.
Speaker 3: It's a drill. Actually, this is that would make me so nervous to have to do that.
Speaker 1: This is actually kind of funny. So somebody sent this to me over the weekend. There's a there's a podcast. Guys got a podcast and he used to coincidentally enough, be Jed's high school baseball coach. So Jed's first pitch was horrible, Like, it was not good. It was not as bad as fifty fifty cents or bab bab buoie from Howard Stearns. It was pretty much barely So this is they did it.
Speaker 10: Give myself a not shout out for being a bad baseball coach. So back in the day, I actually coached freshman baseball for one season in my high school in Michigan. Coaches kid who ended up being a producer over in Tampa on nine three to three morning shows at Joe Show. Oh yeah, yep. I texted Ben and Mike about this last night. He threw out the first pitch, Jed, I saw you, buddy. He threw out the first pitch and he absolutely threw it in the dirt. Oh there at the Trump at the Trump in front of the entire crowd. Threw it right in the dirt. And I was like, bro, what are you doing. You're making me look as your coach the head ground groundskeeper. Last night, I was like, I'm so sorry that he messed up your homeplate. That's my bad.
Speaker 4: That's on me.
Speaker 1: He's like, yeah, so so he he does like a baseball podcast, and he put it up on a baseball podcast and people were sending it to me over the weekend that Jed got made fun of for his bad straight but it.
Speaker 2: Was just short.
Speaker 1: It went yeah, didn't he didn't get enough on it. Beyonca got enough on it. Beyonce got almost too much on it. The poor guy, I think probably pulled his back muscles trying to catch up.
Speaker 3: I know, I was a little nervous. It was going to go into the crowd instead.
Speaker 4: Lydia, what did you do this weekend?
Speaker 8: What did you have going on this we so Friday night I went out with my friends. I was d d so didn't get that wasted. Saturday night, Moji had told you this. I went out to Franklin and then my friends and I went out to the bars.
Speaker 4: Lydia said, she went to a restaurant.
Speaker 1: Do you like to plug restaurants that are good or do you not want to because you don't want them to be so busy you can't go again.
Speaker 8: No, this was actually like one of the best restaurants I've ever been to, so I would never mind plugging it.
Speaker 4: What is it?
Speaker 3: It was the Franklin. Oh oh yes, I told Buldo to go there. It's so good.
Speaker 8: The weight staff was fantastic, the food was great, and so were the vibes.
Speaker 3: The atmosphere, the patio oh so cute.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I enjoyed myself, and then we went out to downtown Detroit, hit some bars, and I got super drunk, literally till the next day.
Speaker 3: I woke up and I was Lydia, I had six espresso martini.
Speaker 10: Dead.
Speaker 3: No, you guys, I woke up literally shaking the.
Speaker 2: Cafine, not the lick.
Speaker 4: Yeah no, but I was.
Speaker 3: Still drunk too, wow six six Yeah?
Speaker 4: How did you even sleep?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 5: I didn't.
Speaker 8: I woke up like, okay, So I went to bed at three and I woke up at six thirty.
Speaker 2: Oh my Claire, are sixty to eighty milligrams in one espresso martini?
Speaker 4: You guys, wait did you say six thirty at night?
Speaker 3: No, six thirty in the morning?
Speaker 4: Oh you okay, so she couldn't.
Speaker 3: I went at three three am and woke up at six.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, oh my god, Lydia.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and then I was in church like literally shaking like it looked like it was on something.
Speaker 1: The espresso espresso Martini's is not a joke though, like people think that, oh it's just a little drink.
Speaker 4: It's not like it's that bad, you know, because they serve it in that nice.
Speaker 5: Little Oh they'll get you, they seat. I can't have two, I can have one maybe one and a half.
Speaker 2: Yeah, were you shaking some breezy booty?
Speaker 3: No, no, ass was shaken.
Speaker 5: I had an extra dirty martini on Friday night, which I never do, and it was like by by one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that stuff gets me.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Like if you drink.
Speaker 1: If I have just like plane vodka with whatever, club soda or whatever it is, it doesn't do anything to me.
Speaker 5: I told it sounds like I don't even remember the ride home. I mean he drove obviously.
Speaker 2: Shit and we need that energy in Lydia's energy this Friday for yat rock.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's right. I forgot about yacht rock not a work event.
Speaker 3: I can't do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know who do you? Can we do over under on who will get drunk faster? Zach or one of the salespeople.
Speaker 5: keV I think has like a whole night plant outfit. He is so excited for yacht rock. What is the attire for yat rock?
Speaker 1: So typically if you look at what yacht rock is yacht rock because you can't say it yacht rock, it's not yacht rock.
Speaker 4: It's yacht rock yacht rock.
Speaker 1: But typically it's what you would wear on a yacht, which you've never been one, Like white pants, oh, linens, yeah, things like that.
Speaker 3: Could I wear like a striped dress? Is that appropriate?
Speaker 2: My dad?
Speaker 3: I said, that's not nice enough.
Speaker 4: You were whatever you want to wear, Beyon.
Speaker 7: I just have a feeling my minerisms aren't going to be nice enough for this because I'm so wild crazy.
Speaker 3: I eat with my fingers and I didn't know.
Speaker 2: This was fancy.
Speaker 1: No, it doesn't. It doesn't have to. But it's at the Roostertail, which that place is nice. Yeah, yeah, the rooster Tail is no joke, like it's you're right up on the water. It's beautiful place.
Speaker 5: Been the weddings there, like a slowy sun like dress or something.
Speaker 7: Give me three margaritas. I'll be swimming in the Detroit River Lydia.
Speaker 4: Will you be drinking espresso martini's like you were?
Speaker 8: No, But I will have a couple of vodka Red Bulls maybe something else to the edge off.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: To me, I always am careful to not drink in front of coworkers. Yeah, like you guys are fine, but like the idea of drinking in front of what's the what's the sales guy's name that came from Odyssey?
Speaker 4: What's his name?
Speaker 3: Matt?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, Like I don't want to get drunk with Matt.
Speaker 3: No, Matt's ready, He's like I was talking to.
Speaker 6: In a row.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's going Friday and Saturday.
Speaker 1: Going both nights. So Matt might be the guy that does Zach and he's.
Speaker 5: Taking a party bus on Saturday.
Speaker 4: You need a party by Matt's.
Speaker 3: A lot of people on Saturday night?
Speaker 6: Is he?
Speaker 4: Look at him?
Speaker 2: I talked to him about.
Speaker 4: His Matt, Matt's got the most amazing tan ever.
Speaker 7: Me and matter having a tanning competition who can get darker? But I'm clearly losing. Look at him.
Speaker 4: Come on in, Matt, Matt, are you excited? Are you excited for yacht rock? Quick?
Speaker 1: Quick question for you, Matt, what is your favorite yacht rock song?
Speaker 6: Well, any band from the seventies and eighties that you never hear England, Dan john Ford, Cole Love is the answer. I mean, it brings you back to a time that you remember when it was really good and.
Speaker 1: Before this music these kids ruined music, right, they had to talk about sex and drugs and everything.
Speaker 6: Body roll to the dollar store. They have a whole aisle of caps hats everything.
Speaker 4: Right, like like like okay, all right, And you can go.
Speaker 6: To yacht Rock Detroit to find out how great it was last year. And guess what This good time is brought to you by iheartmedium of social sponsors to the Roostertail. It's gonna be spectacular weather mid eighties looking over the Detroit Riverfront. It's good to be a lot because there's not a lot of great shows. All these I love this guy, all these small venues are dying right now because people aren't going.
Speaker 9: Life is too short.
Speaker 2: Buy the concert ticket, Yeah right, officials, Yes, Mad.
Speaker 1: Here's the deal, Matt. We got to have Matt every morning this week. Countdown to yacht rock, whether they're countdown to yacht.
Speaker 6: Rock, what else do you have except sun great music to take you back to a simpler time. Yacht Rock is being extended by two days because of the demand.
Speaker 9: And these groups are iconic. Pablo Cruz.
Speaker 6: If anybody's seen Step Brothers, you know you look at the shirt, it's iconic.
Speaker 9: Will Ferrell's wearing the shirt.
Speaker 3: They're going to be there.
Speaker 9: Pablo Cruz is Friday Night.
Speaker 6: There's a great Fleetwood Mac cover band Echoes of Fleetwood Mac Day.
Speaker 9: You've got the icon.
Speaker 6: Walter Egan mag didn't steal john Ford Cole. He love is the answer Ambrosia.
Speaker 9: He hasn't gotten busy to Ambrosia.
Speaker 10: Ambrosia is going to be what are you ready?
Speaker 1: Hold on, If you don't know this song, then you are not allowed to come to yacht rock.
Speaker 4: Here ready, here's here is Ambrosia.
Speaker 6: You know, this is the thing that people have to understand. This is a one shot deal. These people are are leaving us. I mean, these people are dying and you're not going to get a chance.
Speaker 1: Wait, you're telling me the artists are getting older and they're dying.
Speaker 9: This is you know, we'll go see it next year. Well, there may not be a next year.
Speaker 4: I mean, you are the best the person.
Speaker 9: You have got to go.
Speaker 6: Out and see these these people play and there's nothing better than an outdoor show in the summer in Michigan.
Speaker 9: And let me tell you he's put your headphones on.
Speaker 4: We're going to be on the river enjoying it that.
Speaker 9: August.
Speaker 1: Will you do me a favor, you have a conversation with Tony Trovado. I've told them this for about four years. We got to change one of our formats to yacht rock. Don't you think a yacht rock station would kill it?
Speaker 6: It just brings back every time you hear yacht rock. You have a smile on your face. It brings me back to a time that was simpler and you were having fun.
Speaker 2: Is it called yacht rock because the yacht was like rocky?
Speaker 1: No, so the music is music you would that rich dudes would be on a yacht listening to.
Speaker 6: You're too young to remember Thurston how from Gilligan's Island. But yon rock is coming to Detroit everyone, And that's the kind of attitude, you know. So that's the way they play it. So it's just it's gonna be a great What are you going to be drinking?
Speaker 9: I'm going to be drinking whatever. Their servant.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you, Matt, thank you, appreciate you.
Speaker 5: And go to the dollars start to kit here.
Speaker 4: By the way, Zach for sure is losing the challenge.
Speaker 6: Mat.
Speaker 4: Matt's got you. He's got you.