Speaker 1: By Billy cunning in the Great America. Lots of big things happening at Columbus and elsewhere. And of course Representative Adam Byrd is in leadership of the House, and Adam Byrd welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And first of all, before we get off on these important issues, once again, Cincinnati head at the Privy Bar and over the run at Elm Street. Another mass shooting. Dozens of shots fired. I think three or four people were wound it. Fortunately everyone's got a bad shot. They made it to the hospitals alive. Cincinnati this year is going to have something like twenty to twenty five thousand shots fired. We're gonna have four to five hundred people wound it. We're gonna have about one hundred people killed. The mayor is firing the chief of police because she refuses to follow supposedly his orders, causing the mayhem. We got all hell breaking loose. So I ask you this question. We have eight large cities in Ohio, so to speak, and the three largest wins the three seas Cleveland, Columbus, and Cincinnati are fully part of the far left Radical Democratic Party, which is to fund the police, make it difficult to arrest anybody for any offense. Don't pull over people committing traffic violations. And if guns are being used repeatedly, blame some inanimate metal object called a gun, and don't blame the perpetrator. We have soft judges all over the major cities in this country, and much as I've said Adam Bird around the country, we can't have a great nation if every major American city is in collapse. Well, you can't send your kids to school. The school systems think the judges are freeing criminals like the ones in Chicago who set the poor woman on fire. He was arrested seventy two times, convicted forty nine times. He's fifty years old, setting subway riders on fire. We have la which is in total economic collapse, and New York City just elected a communists. Put all that together other Can America be a great nation when our cities are in collapse? And can Ohio be a great state with Columbus Cleveland, Cincinnati?
Speaker 2: What do you say, hey, Bill, It's a wonderful to be on your program, It's an honor to be on your program, and that that question continues to come up over the last decade, as we've seen the degradation of our cities and and so yeah, it's really said, Bill, because you and I love Cincinnati. We've been from this area the since that even though we don't live in downtown Cincinnati, it's the hub of so many things. It's where our Bengals and Reds play, it's where the air and off Broadway shows are. There's so many great things happening downtown. And it's to say it that that people don't feel confident to go downtown and it's affecting the businesses downtown that that people from Claremont, Butler and Warren County don't want to go down there anymore. But can we be great? You know in Ohio? You know, I think we can because you know, we're we're trying as a state legislature to make sure that laws are applicable to every everywhere that you might live in the state of Ohio. Although all we do is create law, built that's somebody who's a mayor or you know, somebody in an executive branch has actually enforceable laws that we lay down.
Speaker 1: And in fact, I had on the other day the Speaker of the House, Matt Huffman, about marijuana. We got all these fancy laws about you can't smoke marijuana and public can't smoke in your car, you can't have a cheech and shong event happening. But walking around Cincinnati you smell marijuana everywhere. I was in Loveland at a very fine restaurant there having a little bit of salmon and marijuana is waffling all over downtown Loveland as if it's permissible. And you pass these laws in marijuana. In fact, as I said here, I don't know what the laws are on CBD and infused drinks. I know what you passed that you're going to look out at maybe a year from December to see what the Feds do. But we have ubiquitous marijuana use, ubiquitous CBD and THC use of infused cans of beverages that have in tox against them. The kids and still buy right now, and the ponykegs, et cetera. And we have nail now. We have money coming to high school sports. I can't imagine what the quarterback of Saint X Fry could get on the open market. X Rocky Boorman is going to have to start paying money. Everywhere I look, I see opportunities where America is going the wrong direction. And for those who believe that marijuana is wrong, it's an intoxicant. It's a sketel one narcotic according to the FEDS, similar to cocaine and heroin and methanphetamine. How do you respond to a father living in Kenton County or Butler County, or Warren County or Clamont County that is this not happy with the fact that you legislators are approving more ubiquitous marijuana THHC used through beverages and through more uses of intoxicating drugs. How do you respond to Ohio making legal in a large sense a skeltu one narcotic described by the Feds. How do you respond to that? Out of bird, I'll put you on the spot, you know, how do you respond to that?
Speaker 2: Well, we're the bill, which, by the way, bill is still awaiting the signature of your friend and mine, Governor de Wine. He's got to sign the bill. And as soon as he signs the bill, it'll be ninety days until it becomes effective. So we need him to sign it yesterday and get that clock ticking. And this bill would not permit what's going on for you in downtown Loveland the other night. And as soon as that bill becomes law, I have full faith and confidence that Chris Stratton, the Claremont County Sheriff, he would enforce the law. He's not going to allow that kind of thing to happen in Loveland or anywhere in Clairemont County. And I suspect the other sheriffs we'll do that as well. And so you also talked about NIL bill. This is not the work of the state legislature. This NIL stuff is the work of OHSAA in Ohio, and it's got fraud and problems written all over it. You and I know that NIL has caused so many problems at the college level. Why in the world would want this to happen at the high school level. And what I would say to that bill is stay tuned. There may be a bill coming soon that would prohibit NIOL in Ohio.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll see what happens. You know, we get the government we deserve. And I know many of the large companies in downtown Cincinnati, the Kroger's, the Fifth Third Banks, the p and Gs, Procter and Gambles is grossly expanding their footprint in Mason. They kind of want to get out of Dodge. Their employees are saying, it's not safe down here. We don't want to be down here. We want to get out. And Kroger is a large multinational company worth hundreds of billions of dollars, but it's not run by Cincinnatians anymore. Procter and Gambles not run by Cincinnatians anymore. And we need a multifaceted approach to this. Can you briefly tell the American people, Adam Bird, as we sit here Monday afternoon, what is the status of CBD infused THC drinks in the state of Ohio. If Tony Bender after work wants to go somewhere and get some can that intoxicating beverages in a can, what is the status of law as we speak this Monday afternoon, No change bill.
Speaker 2: They're they're still permitted and and so we're we're definitely taking a back seat and waiting for the federal government. They have indicated that they are opposed to this and that they're going to do something about it, and and so yeah, these are really dangerous and and you know, we should, uh, we should be limiting their use to adults. We should be limiting the amount of of THC amount that's in the drink. And so this all has to be taken care of. And and yet it doesn't make me feel good. But we're waiting for signals from the from the federal government, and perhaps those signals are a little mixed right now. But but we need to take care of that.
Speaker 1: Well, when I speak to my favorite US senators, they tell me there's no appetite in Washington to touch it at all. That there's a large group of lawmakers who don't like marijuana period. There's another group who loves it, thinks is almost religious experiance. Then there's another group that says, well, let's have it, but limit it. And just to make it a Schedule one, there's Schedule three would require the Congress to act, and they're stimy. They're not going to act at all. You can't look at Washington for guidance on anything. So the states are on their own. About thirty seven states allow marijuana and the other thirteen do not. And maybe that's the answer of federal system. Kind of let the let the states run it now. Secondly, you and many others were involved in the reapportionment about a week or two ago. Explain where we are now with the districts. I'm thinking about Southwest Ohio, the one held by Landsman. What's the status of that? And since the Democrats agreed, isn't it Isn't it like chisel and stone at this point?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what, when the Democrats agree on this, Willie, you can't call it Gary mandering. They want to have it both ways. They want to vote yes on it and call it gairymandering. You can't have it both ways. And so when you look at that seat, it's got Green Township added to that seat, You've got Harrison added. Those are reliably red areas. The reliably blue areas of Hamberley Village have been taken out, and the really red, reliable red area Clinton County has been added. Bill. This is going to be very competitive. I think that Republicans have a great shot at this, and we need more Republicans in Washington, DC right now, so this is a big step for Ohio. We've also made changes to the Marcy Capture seat in the Toledo area, that is that's going to have a Republican I am very much anticipating twelve Republicans out of fifteen going to Congress from the state of Ohio here in a year be will.
Speaker 1: What do you say to Americans angry about property taxes because some older folks, especially on a fixed income, are being priced out of their homes by property tax increases. What do you say to them?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, this is certainly a big issue. And so when you look at what we did, we passed four bills last week, will it's unprecedented and consequential, the amount of change and reform that we brought some property taxes in Ohio. And that's part of the reason why places like Kroger and others P and G are leading downtown Cincinnati because of the tax structure structure income tax, sales tax, property tax. They want out of places that's going to tax them into oblivion. And so when you look at these bills that we passed last week, the one that's really important, though there's a couple of them, they limit the tax growth property tax growth to the rate of inflation. And here's one that not everybody knows about, Willie. We are transferring money from the credit that we give to the non business credit to owner occupied credit, which means that if you live in the home that you are paying taxes on, you actually live there, you're going to go from two and a half percent credit on your property taxes to fifteen percent. That is a huge jump, Willie, and I think property tax pay who live in their home are really going to feel something positive for them in the next year.
Speaker 1: Now say that again, because a guy like me, I lived in my same house for twenty five years. I'm a senior citizen on a fixed income. You know what I'm saying. I can't make any more money than I make. So does this benefit a poor man like me?
Speaker 2: Absolutely so. Right now, you're the owner occupied credit in Ohio is two and a half percent. You're getting a two and a half percent of your property taxes is paid by the state of Ohio for you. Well, over four years, we are going to up that from two and a half percent. We're going to gradually, over four years up back to fifteen percent. That state to Ohio is going to pay your property tax for you.
Speaker 1: I like that. I'm starting to believe in government all of a sudden.
Speaker 2: All right, you go now too, we finally did something good.
Speaker 1: Something good. Then thank you for coming on to clarify everything and nothing THC. I think if an adult wants they have an adult beverage at home and as THC in and I say, hey, I'm at it. I don't like the idea that people can walk around and smoke pot. I don't like the idea that teenage boys and go into a ponykeg and buy some of these beverages with high THHC content and they're intoxicating. I don't like that at all. I don't like the fact that the high school kids can now get Niel money. I don't know what Fry's worth. Its saying that's probably a lot of money. In fact, I don't like a lot of aspects of our life, but at least we try to govern our own affairs. I have a long term concern that our major cities are in complete collapse economically, religiously, educationally, and until that changes, we can't be a great state or a great nation when all of our major cities are in collapse with crime, rampant drug use, homelessness. The homeless camps are back in Cincinnati. I think it's a problem. But Adam Bird, good luck in New Richmond.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go ahead, thank you well. I was going to say, Willie that this is the reason why places like Claremont, Butler, and Warren are growing in population counties around Columbus, like Pickaway and Union in Delaware County, they're growing because people are fleeing Democrat policies and it's a big problem. And so will I just you know, last week it was a huge week in the state legislature. I mean, we passed a bill last week it said no more turning in, no more counting, have some key ballots after election day. We increase the penalties for drug and human trafficking. We require sex offenders to move away from their victim. We're not going to allow mail order abortion pills anymore. We're going to protect our prison guards better. And then also if you're pulled over with probable cause, you've got to turn over your driver's license really to the police officer. So we're going to create and protect law and order in Ohio. And we're for the people, and we want to protect people, and we want to make Ohio a great place to live.
Speaker 1: We have islands of debauchery inside of a sea of tranquility. We have the Blue Cities floating into a sea of tranquility, and hopefully the voters in these areas have got to understand what the results of their elections are. I can't imagine Mayor Peer of All getting eighty one percent of the vote, down from eighty three percent of the vote. After his performance in office, the voters held him to account from eighty three to eighty one percent, electing all the same goofballs, the goofs who ran city council, the same goofs are in charge once again. Adam Bird, I'm coming to Claremont County. I love that new Mexican restaurant kind of on the river. I like that place. And you and I get together, maybe have a margarita one day when they get two straws and suck it up together.
Speaker 2: What do you think you've come to Claremont County anytime? Willie? And New Richmond's a great place. He's got some good restaurants down there. And you know, I'm just saying, Willie, if you're going to let more and more people leave the hellhole of Cincinnati, please don't let him bring their politics with them to Claremont. Brown, Claremont and Brown and Butler and Warren, don't let them move out. Here if they're going to bring the stuff that that's created problem where they currently live.
Speaker 1: City Council or a bunch of goofs. All right, Tony Tony Bender said enough is enough. Let's continue. Adam Bird, you're the man. God bless you, and God bless Claremont County. Thank you, Adam Bird. Keep doing what you're doing. Honor to be with you, Bill, God bless America. City Council or a bunch of goofs Bill Cunningham seven hundred WLW