Speaker 1: D w B.
Speaker 2: What do you say twenty times a day at your work without telling us what you do? And I'll bet we can guess what you do? But let's find out via the talkback feature? What do you say twenty five twenty times a day at your work?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 2: My name is Ashley from Minneapolis, and I am constantly saying look up, look up, look up at work?
Speaker 3: Look up, look up, teacher?
Speaker 4: Maybe because kids put their heads Oh? Possibly, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Here's one.
Speaker 1: I work in preschool and every day, friend, use gentle hands.
Speaker 5: Stop hitting, stop hitting gentle hand.
Speaker 3: All right, here's one.
Speaker 5: Oh, I am so sorry, but due to fair housing laws.
Speaker 2: Okay, dot dot here's one.
Speaker 4: Probably welcome to the Caliber car wash.
Speaker 6: Are you here for our awesome graphene wash today?
Speaker 4: You gotta hit up the specials?
Speaker 6: Yeah, all right, here we go the word policy and coverage?
Speaker 3: Jeez, twenty times a day?
Speaker 6: Do you need the stunt to say? And also how many service calls do we have? Okay, you need this done today?
Speaker 3: What do you say twenty times a day? Leave a talkback?
Speaker 2: That's the red microphone button on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Yes, I actually do know how to drive a stick shift.
Speaker 2: WHOA, Now, what occupation would that come up in Nascar? Okay, right, okay, here's one.
Speaker 1: NA. This is I'm calling from Columbus, Ohio. I am calling to say I say over probably a thousand times a day. I'm a behavioral therapist. So we said, please sit you see? Can you please sity you see? Can you sit you see?
Speaker 3: Please sit sea trying. I admire you for what you do and your patients.
Speaker 4: Thanks for listening from Columbus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no kidding.
Speaker 2: On the iHeartRadio app where you can use the talkback feature to let us know what you say twenty times a day at your work.
Speaker 4: There's a couple of more.
Speaker 7: Oh my question is what is the color and consistency of their steel?
Speaker 4: One is another?
Speaker 3: You have the only originals, so keep them in a safe place and let your agents know where you keep them.
Speaker 4: Oh, what could that be?
Speaker 2: Insurance? I'm going to guess insurance policy something like that. Okay, if you got one, then let us know. We'd love to hear it. What is something you say at work twenty times a day? Here's something we say twenty times a day. And now Taylor Swift, Yes yes on KDWB every time, like every Tuesday, we do what's on your radar, So we figure out something that's like, hey, this is a cool place that we went to eat, or maybe some cool traction or something.
Speaker 3: Mine is a book.
Speaker 2: And if you are really bad at making decisions, I found I'm terrible at making decisions.
Speaker 3: What should I do? Should I do this? Should I do that? I don't know? Yes, I'll do it. Oh but what if?
Speaker 2: There's a book called The Overthinking's The Overthinker's Guide to Making Decisions, How to make decisions without losing your mind. It's a thin book. It's a small book. It's very readable, and it's got some really good tips in there on how to make decisions. You're like, oh, man, I'm thinking about changing jobs, or I'm thinking about buying a new home, or I'm thinking about proposing, but I'm not sure. The Overthinker's Guide to Making Decisions is on my radar.
Speaker 3: This week.
Speaker 7: On my radar is something called the Chateau Spill red Wine stain Remover, So for your drinker and the family that loves their red wine, it's a great little Christmas present. Basically, you spray the stuff on carpet wherever you wipe it up with a paper towel.
Speaker 6: It's gone in two seconds.
Speaker 3: Really it works.
Speaker 7: I had a cocktail party a couple of years ago and the amount of spills that happened it was every ten minutes. We almost went through the whole bottle because of how drunken spills we had.
Speaker 6: But yeah, it works, so wow wow.
Speaker 5: On my radar is something called a Stocking full of Awesome. Oh Holy Knife, which is presented by the Danger Committee. They are the group that I work for when I'm at the Renaissance Festival, and they are a knife throwing, juggling comedy act and they have a Christmas show called Oh Holy Knife, and it's at the Luminary Art Center and they open today. They go through the twenty first and it's just a stupid, family friendly show of danger.
Speaker 8: On my radar is it's called Dukes on seven, which is a restaurant or bar. I'm in a tanka, but they have ice these little igglooes that you can go sit outside. You have to reserve it. It's an igloo outside. They have a heater in there and it's like a nice uh.
Speaker 4: They bring out.
Speaker 8: Dessert boars and they have Christmas blankets and a little radio play Christmaschool one O eight.
Speaker 4: We went this past weekend. It was such a vibe.
Speaker 2: This reminds me of the time when Drake was here and you said put Stella's Fish Cafe I do on his radar. Duke's on seven has been there for probably, but the cool cool it is cool.
Speaker 3: I will give you that.
Speaker 2: Dukes on Devin, so you should punch me for many different reasons, but yeah, Dukes on seven is pretty cool on my radar. The Overthinker's Guide to Making Decisions.
Speaker 3: It's a book. It's very readable, and it's thin and it's helpful.
Speaker 6: I my radar.
Speaker 7: It's a red wine stain remover called Chateau Spill Red Wine Stain Remover.
Speaker 5: Mine is the Danger Committee's holiday show Knife Throwing, Juggling and Stupidity at the Luminary Arts Center.
Speaker 3: That does sound kind of cool.
Speaker 8: And all my radars is one of a kind unique store caud minards you've never heard of.
Speaker 4: Non kidding, it's the igloos at Duke's on seven.
Speaker 3: A minute talk all right, go check those out.
Speaker 2: If you're missing any of these, we will put them on Dave Ryan's show on Instagram.
Speaker 3: State Boks, What a day What a day. What a day.
Speaker 2: We are still looking for donations for Katie WB's Christmas wish.
Speaker 3: We are over ten thousand thousand.
Speaker 7: We haven't gotten a ton in the last like fifteen minutes, but we also haven't talked about it, so like, hello, we're talking about it again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, it goes until ten o'clock. So Treasure Eye is matching every donation you make, and a fifty dollars donation becomes one hundred. It's easy to do the math, and we are now at over ten thousand dollars. I didn't think we'd get that high, so I'm really happy about that one. That will grant a bunch of wishes for people who really need help. Like there was a family this morning. They mom died, Mom died, she died, young dad is still there with four kids fifteen all the way down to age two. One of the things they needed was furniture, so we threw in a Slumberland furniture two thousand dollars gift card. And sometimes people need something really specific, and if you know something, if you know somebody who needs like a bed, like sometimes we've done wishes where like mom is sleeping on the floor or mom and two kids are sleeping on a blow up mattress. We can help out with that if you know somebody specifically who wants it, who needs an item. The other day it was a vacuum cleaner, which is like, okay, everybody needs a good vacuum cleaner. Whatever your wishes, nominate, but donate. Please take advantage Treasure Island's generosity. And if you've had a good year, think about this one. If you're gonna get a new phone, maybe on your list is a brand new iPhone. Maybe on your list is a Ninda one of your kids wants it, or you want to Nintendo switch to You've had a good year, and I'm so happy you have. I think that's great. You've had a good year. Maybe you can spare one hundred dollars. Maybe you can spare a couple hundred dollars for people who have not had a good year. I mean, you know, we forget to compare ourselves sometimes to people who've really got problems. A mom sleeping on a blow up mattress with her two kids, or somebody who's like, yeah, there's not going to be anything under the tree, or we're not going to have a tree if you compare yourself for those people, a lot of the time you go, wow, I really am very blessed. So if you felt blessed this year and we all want to do good, then donate on KTWB dot com slash wish and it's a great time to donate anytimes, a great time, but especially for the next forty minutes because Treasure Island will be matching it. Yes, and we're well over ten thousand now we are, yes, okay, so go donate. Don't let the fact that we got to ten thousand go well, we don't have to donate then, no, please do take advantage of this generosity from Treasure Island. We're gonna switch gears here completely and we're gonna talk about songs that you didn't know were dirty when you were a kid. So you're singing along and your mom's like, what in the what what are you singing, Michelle? What is that song? And it's like, WHOA, I'm just singing news. What song did you not know was naughty when you were a kid? Vat We're gonna start with you.
Speaker 8: Well, Dnce Cake by the Ocean that had no clue. I just thought it us a feel good pop song literally just party by the summer beach.
Speaker 2: Apparently the writers were Swedish and they trans that they were trying to say sex on the beach, and they didn't know exactly how to translate that. Yep, Cake by the Ocean, Bailey.
Speaker 5: Mine is going way back from when I used to be obsessed with grease.
Speaker 4: So mine is grease lightning.
Speaker 3: He's got some dirty parts.
Speaker 8: I had to be strategic when I grabbed this class.
Speaker 5: I had to be.
Speaker 2: That song is so dirty. There's like five different dirty parts in there. You know it ain't no blank We'll be getting let a blank.
Speaker 4: Grease a lightning.
Speaker 6: And they're just like, look at this car, it's gonna get all the ladies.
Speaker 3: Right, Jenny, what song did you not know was dirty?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: It was definitely fifty cents candy Shop. And the best part about it was my friends and I called ourselves the candy shop sistas with SI. You didn't know it's no because I was just like saying the words and not think twice about it about a candy shop.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 6: I was like in middle school.
Speaker 7: I didn't like really understand all of that stuff quite yet.
Speaker 6: I definitely didn't do that stuff quite yet.
Speaker 8: Hit the spot would have gave it the way from me Cake by the Ocean. It's just it's fun the ocean.
Speaker 3: You don't really know. Yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: We a bunch of people love texted in and left us their songs that you didn't know were dirty when you were a kid. And how could you not know that song is dirty? It says getting horny. Now we gotta do it like they do on the Discovery Channel. We got a bunch from Facebook.
Speaker 8: Jess said, in a few years, my daughter's answer will be Tears by Sabrina Carpenter. No, No, that whole song dirty.
Speaker 2: I mean, this song is one of the most like the graphic song man, probably not the most graphic, but for Sabrina Carpenter, it feels really graphic.
Speaker 8: It's up there, Yeah it is. Olivia Johnson said, I love the song akon I want.
Speaker 3: To Love You. I got to hear somewhere Tears.
Speaker 4: Such a good one.
Speaker 2: But doesn't the original version not say love? Doesn't it say something else? In the original version says yeah.
Speaker 8: I never knew that because we've played so many songs on the radio.
Speaker 4: I when I hear.
Speaker 8: The the unedited version, I'm flabberg acid yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 8: Caitlin Lovers on Facebook said if you seek Any by Britney.
Speaker 2: Spears, if you seek amy, if you're twelve, you probably don't guess what that.
Speaker 5: Is genius with ha ha he he ha ha so good.
Speaker 8: Jordan on Facebook said one, two, three four by Coolio.
Speaker 3: That's dirty, she.
Speaker 8: Said, or Jordan, I don't know if the guy or girl said that their friend, their friend and them were singing it to their teacher and the teacher also agreed it wasn't inappropriate.
Speaker 3: I never thought of that song as dirty at all. Okay, all right, it is.
Speaker 8: Randy said, Bloodhouse Gang Bad Touch Yep, we did that one yeah, and then Justina said thong song.
Speaker 4: I mean, come on, how.
Speaker 3: Did he not know me see that?
Speaker 6: If you saw the music video? Let me tell you.
Speaker 8: I have a friend who's sexual awakening was the music video of that song. Spanky on Facebook sad Semi Charm by Third Eye Blind.
Speaker 2: It's about drugs, I think, but there's also a part where he says I fell asleep blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: So maybe it is dirty and I didn't even realize it is dirty this now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Katie said, Ohtown Liquid Dreams.
Speaker 6: Jeez, so.
Speaker 4: She's a dominated my beauty we.
Speaker 5: Destiny.
Speaker 3: I never knew it was dirty either. I didn't know what it was about.
Speaker 8: And I rounded out with this one because it's so funny. Jennifer said when she was a kid, she loved the song Afternoon Delight.
Speaker 4: She'd sing it all the time, and she was a teen and thought about the words.
Speaker 2: If you were a kid when that song was new, you didn't really know or care.
Speaker 3: It was just a catchy song.
Speaker 4: Having a sandwich in the afternoon?
Speaker 6: Is it nackola?
Speaker 8: Somebody else text it said, they don't. They also don't get if you see Amy lo k you need to do I but I just don't know the words.
Speaker 2: If you seek, I'll explain it to you.
Speaker 3: Tell me after that.
Speaker 7: If you listen to it as she sings it the way she sings it, it sounds what you what it's supposed to.
Speaker 2: Okay, now this one, OPP was the name of the song, but it's what it stood for that you didn't know it was dirty.
Speaker 3: Do you know what OPP stands for? Really? You don't?
Speaker 6: Other people problems close?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 7: Well, la right with the first two words and then the last one is something dirty?
Speaker 2: Other people's Oh you didn't know that.
Speaker 6: I did not know that. There are people's Oh.
Speaker 2: Okay, here's one who wrote this one in sexy can I do you.
Speaker 3: Know what about?
Speaker 6: People were texting that one.
Speaker 3: Okay, got it this one.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine your ten year old singing that song kind of hit it from the front?
Speaker 3: Do you like it like that? Did you say, young man?
Speaker 2: Oh, that's just vulgar. To me, that's just vulgar. I never liked that lyric. No, the song is can't you but to me that I'm not apprude, as you know, but it's like, it's just vulgar.
Speaker 5: I just think that the smell of it part is what grosses.
Speaker 3: No, exactly, it's just vulgar. I don't care. I don't like this. I like the sound like a.
Speaker 4: I don't like it.
Speaker 3: It's vulgar. It's a lot of naughty, naughty songs.
Speaker 5: Everybody keeps texting into the Spice Girls when two became come one. That one is so good that I know you did. I mean, she does say make love in it, but still, when you're five years old.
Speaker 2: You're just like Allison used to love that song, but I never heard her sing the words to it. There's another one too close by. Next baby. When we're grind and I get so I feel a little poke coming through.
Speaker 3: Geez, you you need a shout out? Sorry, Jenny's been on Reddit.
Speaker 2: We're gonna say again, give a shout out to Neil and Atlanta, who just donated two hundred and fifty dollars to Christmas.
Speaker 3: It becomes five hundred dollars thanks to Treasure Island.
Speaker 2: We're taking donations for another fifteen to twenty minutes till the end of the show. Each one gets doubled by Treasure Island.
Speaker 7: Okay, Nick David taught us it's like, I don't know you're or so ago where instead of asking like what do you do for work?
Speaker 6: Ask what do you like to do? To start conversations.
Speaker 7: So here's seven other questions that spark playful conversations. If all animals could talk, which one would you want to have a podcast? If you're going to the company holiday party and you need something to talk to someone about, ask some of these things. If you could outsource one emotion for a week, which one and to whom outsource it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, my anxiety. I'd give it to anyone. Take it.
Speaker 7: If you could turn one daily task into an Olympic sport? Which one would you win gold in procrastinating napping? What's your favorite cheap luxury that's under ten dollars but makes you feel rich?
Speaker 4: Coffee?
Speaker 8: Yeah, no matter how broke you might be, you will always find that money for your coffee in the morning.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Like a face mask maybe, Oh that sounds nice.
Speaker 7: Another one, if you were a pokemon, what would be super effective to use against you?
Speaker 6: Cats?
Speaker 4: Cats?
Speaker 2: Cats?
Speaker 6: Put a cat near me and I'm jelly.
Speaker 3: That's your weakness. That is my weakness. Okay.
Speaker 6: Another one?
Speaker 7: If you would be a city, which one would represent you the best and which one absolutely would not?
Speaker 4: Dave?
Speaker 5: You feel like a Vegas to me, but only when you're like you're like the Gatti though. Yeah, you are gotty, So that's you.
Speaker 6: What do you guys think? What would your answer be?
Speaker 7: If you would be a city, which one would best represent you?
Speaker 2: Denver because I'm outdoorsy, an athletic and outdoorsy y.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm saying Kasimi because that's where Disney World's located and that's just kind of me.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna go with Bend, Oregon because it's ben I really.
Speaker 2: Thought you're gonna say bend Over or daily you thought the same thing, didn't.
Speaker 6: You make that city a lot?
Speaker 7: And it would represent no because it has mountains and it also has deserts, and it has all kinds of different climates, and I just feel like it represents who like all the activities I'd like to do.
Speaker 4: I'm only going to say Minneapolis.
Speaker 8: I O this cliche, but because Minneapolis is a major city, but it's not we get like we're chilling, We're just there and that.
Speaker 7: Kay, okay, last one real quick. I want Dave to answer this. If aliens asked you, what does being human feel like, how would you answer?
Speaker 2: Very much alive with lots of sensory There's five senses including uh I, touch, smell, hearing, taste, and taste, and so you are very well aware of the world around you. And life is one big sensory experience accompanied by another sense, the sense of time and the passage of time.
Speaker 3: So enjoy it while you can.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 2: I didn't even shout out to mary Anne. Mary Anne is you? You might know mary Anne if you listen to the show. She used to do an imprision to Drake and mary Anne just donated five one hundred dollars, five hundred dollars, and she said, you're right, I did very well this year, and you're right I should share. And I love that sentimentality that if you did really well this year and you're going to go on a cruise and you're going on Royal Caribbean, and you're going to go to Paris in the spring, and your kid is going to go to an expensive school and you're paying for blah blah blah, then donate generously because there are people who don't have enough food, they don't have a bed to sleep on, they've got sad medical issues challenges. So compare yourself to the people who are not doing as well, and then donate. Go online KDIWB dot com, slash wish Treasure Island is donating a match for everything. You give ten dollars, they give ten dollars. Somebody donated like one thousand dollars earlier.
Speaker 7: There were a few thousand dollars ones there is. Yeah, there was an eight to fifty one. I just saw the one coming in for Mary Anne. We're at twelve thousand, three hundred and sixty.
Speaker 3: Wow. Wow, twell.
Speaker 2: And remember I said, if we got to ten thousand. You can take the day off tomorrow. Just call your boss and say, Dave Ryan said, I can have the day off on Wednesday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, take the day off.
Speaker 4: Middle of the week.
Speaker 6: It's after a bunch of snow.
Speaker 4: You don't want to go in anyway.
Speaker 2: That's right, exact, because it is snow later on today, exactly right. We're gonna wrap things up, you guys with Dave's dirt. I want to give a shout out to Andrea and Hudson. She says, I'm in my mid fifties. I've never read the words to Grease Lightning before, but oh my word, that song is dirty. It This got several dirty parts in there, and it's in such a family musical that you just really had no idea. All right, time for the dirt, I'm KDWB.
Speaker 3: What's trending.
Speaker 6: Let's find out it's Dave's dirt on Katie.
Speaker 2: W B getting super into the playoff picture and that type of thing. And the Vikings have like a one percent chance of still making into the NFL playoffs. But last night, the shocking ending to the Eagles Chargers game. There were more turnovers in this game than there are at a bakery Hirs.
Speaker 6: Throws it up and picked up in a subject and the Chargers win.
Speaker 3: The Jefferson with the pick, cam Hart tipped him and the Charger's got enough in her.
Speaker 2: I just really don't like the Eagles, and so I was very happy to see Vaughan's team not go.
Speaker 8: Lessards E lgs e S Eagles. If you don't get why I did that, the mayor of Philly did that when they won.
Speaker 4: The Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: What did he do again?
Speaker 4: She spelled it when she was on a press conference.
Speaker 8: She said, E l G S e S clearly does not spell Eagles.
Speaker 1: Mayor.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 7: Eminem wants to ask Kate Winsley for her a favor, and the favor was to shave his butt cheeks. That's correct. She said, sorry, I don't do personal grooming. She is on a press tour right now for avatars. So she told the Graham Norton Show that she was on SNL an episode with him back in two thousand and four, and he asked it to that and she's just.
Speaker 6: Like, no, Eminem, I'm not.
Speaker 7: And if you didn't know this, Eminem got sober, but not until four years after that. So we are speculating and probably assuming that he was not of sound mind when he asked her to shaves.
Speaker 6: But cheeks, gosh awkward.
Speaker 5: I've got my finger on the pulse of Minnesota State Fair always and new lineup where the grand stand here already lineup, but a new announcement.
Speaker 6: Here we go Rod Stewart. Oh yeah, so Rod.
Speaker 5: Stewart's gonna be there, he said, for the last time, because he's got to be crazy old at this point. So he has just been added for Tuesday, September first at the Grand Stan. And the only other person who has been announced so far for Grandstan is weird Al Yank ofpect.
Speaker 3: I love it. That's funny.
Speaker 8: You are not the only person that cannot parallel park. Joe Jonas got caught slip in by somebody on video. He's trying to parallel park for seven minutes in New York, and somebody posted it ten million views. Joe went back and commented on it and said, and I watched you not help me for those seven minutes. I can't parallel park either. I think I can now because I have the backup camera. But back in the day it was rough.
Speaker 2: Oh that is it for the dirt on KATWB. We will take this a couple of minutes left in the show. First of all, shout out, BFF. Mike just donated to Christmas Wish. It gets doubled. We're gonna do this until ten o'clock, so Christmas Wish donations will be doubled and matched by Treasure Island Resort and casino. And remember when you're thinking about, Okay, the relatives are in town and I'm bored, and what are we gonna do? Take them down to Treasure Island. Take them down to the buffet, Go play some slot machines, Go play some blackjack, have some fun. If you're looking for something to do on New Year's Eve, it's a great place to spend New Year's Eve. We did it a couple of years ago, and they got to swim up adult Well, of course it's an adult bar. They get an adult water park, they get a kid's water park, they got bowling, they got an arcade.
Speaker 4: They got it all, they really do.
Speaker 3: They've got it all.
Speaker 2: And you can pick a very affordable room to stay in, or you can stay they'd let me stay one night because there was nobody there in the presidential suite, or might they might have called it the Governor's Suite and it was just like wow, So whatever you want, Treasure Island is there. And they're like, you know I always say about Treasure Island, They're far enough a way to feel like you're going somewhere, you know what I mean. It's like they're not across the street. You feel like you're actually getting in the car and driving somewhere. See, it really is thanks again to Treasure Island. Make donations right up until ten and they will be matched by Treasure Island.