Speaker 1: With the Minnesota Sports and Events Golden Ticket Raffle, you could win two tickets to more than fifty Minnesota sporting events, including the Twins, the Wild, the Timberwolves, Aurora Lynx, United FC, Frost, Golfer Sports, and more now through September thirtieth. Visit m n SE Golden ticket dot com for locations, for hours and details and how you can win.
Speaker 2: I had this Golden ticket idea once where it would be like, let's put coupons into like things that we're shipping out to clients. But I accidentally put all of the winners on the same palettes because I didn't understand what a palette was, So the same client got all of the discounts.
Speaker 3: Pall your hands up.
Speaker 4: He won't be here till we bet the masters.
Speaker 3: Oh never mind.
Speaker 5: Yeah, speaking of fun fun giveaways, not giveaways technically, but offers.
Speaker 6: You see what the ghosts are doing.
Speaker 5: Go on, so now you can like purchase if you want to run out with the team or wash the game on the sidelines yep, or like sing the rouser with the team.
Speaker 3: After the game.
Speaker 6: Yeah, stuff like that, or go watch grim call a game.
Speaker 2: So you can start bidding on like fan experiences, not just tickets exactly right.
Speaker 4: Core.
Speaker 3: Well, I've seen we've talked about this. I don't know if it was Darren Ravel.
Speaker 2: Somebody was like, this is the next big thing in sports, The next big money making opportunity is those kind of you get to do something that sounds like you would never in your wildest dreams get to do, but you got to pay a pretty penny to do it big time. But whether it is or you know, meeting Patrick Mahomes after the game, cut a giant check and you can do it right, those kinds of things are going to be on the table, I think moving forward as we age. But there we go, the Gophers are starting.
Speaker 3: Then I think it's great.
Speaker 2: Good What if what if you get to sing the national anthem if you pay the right amount of money?
Speaker 3: No thanks, I don't mean you. Yeah, I'm in.
Speaker 2: A singer with some money, large amounts of cash.
Speaker 4: That's nothing. I can carry it out.
Speaker 7: That's a that's a brilliant idea, because like, what if you think you have a very good voice, You've been told you have a great voice, and maybe you want to go viral for how well you sang it. That's a good opportunity, buy your opportunity.
Speaker 4: Well done, co.
Speaker 2: Why don't you run out of the tunnel with the Gophers. How much would you pay to do that tunnel?
Speaker 4: They need to I couldn't run that far.
Speaker 7: Get hawks, couldn't boot again because he's bullying me nothing.
Speaker 4: I'm read it right now, thank you? Hawk, wouldn't.
Speaker 8: Aren't you the one that says that singing the national anthem in a big stadium like that is not only terrifying, but it's.
Speaker 9: Very Yeah, no, I've retired from it.
Speaker 4: I'm he doesn't do it.
Speaker 8: Not doing it because of the sound and the way it sort of reverbs back completely.
Speaker 9: And the opportunity for making a mistake and embarrassing yourself is enormous.
Speaker 6: Is there a.
Speaker 3: Situation where you would come out of retirement?
Speaker 2: For example, once you get to like a f C, NFC title games, they roll out like national recording artists, right, the big deals.
Speaker 7: But like, what's let's say the Viking Sure, like William Hung Like let's say the Vikings made the NFC title game and it was a home game, and.
Speaker 10: They're like, Hawk, we need you, man, Yeah, I do it. You gotta take advantage after that? Yea, he'd be good at it.
Speaker 5: Do you know, like the bikes have a galla horn and like there's a first pitch in baseball. The ghost need something like that. I don't know what it could be though the rope.
Speaker 4: Yeah, now the guy you hit the drum for the rod bit or whatever, that'd be sick.
Speaker 6: That's actually a really good idea.
Speaker 9: You know what about when they ring that bell? Is it Texas where they ring the bell?
Speaker 8: Looks like they feel like that's right at the end of the tunnel, that little gold bell.
Speaker 4: The Clemson walking down the hill bit sweet? It's a really steep hill.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very steep. Didn't you ring the bell?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 3: What? I don't get? What like in Notre Dame.
Speaker 6: From Boom?
Speaker 3: What are you talking about?
Speaker 4: I'm just singing lost him?
Speaker 3: Now for the rest of it, we're asking a couple of questions.
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, I think one October twenty fourth, clear schedule any wait, that's your birthday weekend?
Speaker 3: Yes, you're want to come early or were you going to come later? Remember you said you were you had like a plan.
Speaker 4: You come early? Then I need time to reset it.
Speaker 5: Some camel lights there but that and then did you ask the fam about New Year's and how your cabin's looking good bad and different?
Speaker 3: Needs melt? But do you need yeah, needs some more time on that time. Okay, okay to check in just following up. Yeah, Cory is correct.
Speaker 8: I'd put the chances of you specifically being at my cabin for New Year's Eve.
Speaker 7: We could go to Lawyer Lambert's Love Show zero point zero.
Speaker 3: Gotta be fun though, so much fun.
Speaker 2: We could party us up, Ben, were you listening earlier? Quick before we get to the news. A couple of hypothetical sports questions. Is there a is there a team that you would like to see do well that historically has not? And then the opposite, who's a team that you never want to see do well? And again, they can't be just a rival of a team that you cheer for. It's got to be a random reason why you think somebody should be back or never come back.
Speaker 3: Nothing rings your bell?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, Hawk, you could you can agree with me.
Speaker 8: The Cincinnati Reds, Oh yeah.
Speaker 9: I want the Reds to be They were so good there my childhood, everything every sport that was my number one team period. I love the Reds man.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but I only want them to get good again with their old players.
Speaker 4: I want Eric Davis to come back, lark and yes.
Speaker 3: Griffy sift Junior for a second, right for a second.
Speaker 4: Bring his respects back.
Speaker 11: To close it out, Johnny Bench, I got my will be the show team?
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, why wouldn't you?
Speaker 6: What about Virginia Tech football?
Speaker 9: That'd be took a deep, bro.
Speaker 7: Seriously, No, you're right well, and might have a thousand when they had vict there they were.
Speaker 6: I keep touching, I keep touching it.
Speaker 3: Line, we can just hold hands if you want. Speaking of camp, I can flip it. Give me, give me a team.
Speaker 2: You never care if the rest of your life they ever have a window of success.
Speaker 3: They can get suck forever and you don't care. Probably the Patriots, Oh you just want them to be done. Like if they never get good again, you're.
Speaker 4: Fine with that.
Speaker 9: Do the Saint Louis Rams count.
Speaker 4: Brilliant for me? Not clear?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 8: Yeah? I hate because they literally are on TV, like right when you correct, you're.
Speaker 6: Just burnt out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they haven't been good in thirty years. What about Texas? I just saw him up there.
Speaker 6: It's good when Texas too.
Speaker 9: Big time college football.
Speaker 3: Number game?
Speaker 9: I love it.
Speaker 6: How about the weekend I sent you how about that? Have you seen that? What happened the November seventh weekend of college football?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: I know it's week ten, so everything could change by them. But right now, could I just read you a couple of the matches please?
Speaker 3: It's do it slowly, Yeah, this is what you dream about.
Speaker 9: Maybe right, tweak your own nips first, tweak while you're doing it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh my god, he's doing it.
Speaker 9: Yeah yeah, okay.
Speaker 5: Top top game Bama at LSU.
Speaker 9: Oh yes, best.
Speaker 5: Number thirteen, Bama verse number eleven plus you number three, Georgia versus number nine, Ole, miss Oh my goodness, number five, Texas versus number twenty five Missouri number seven, Miami at number four, Notre Dame. Oh my guys, it's number two, Oregon versus number one, Ohio State eight, Oh my gosh, number eighteen, Penn State versus number seventeen, Washington Huskies unbelievable number fourteen by U versus number twenty one, Utah number ten, Oklahoma versus underrated Gators. But the Gators will be ranked by then, and then number eight Texas A and M versus South Carolina.
Speaker 6: Okay, but wait a minute, but that isn't that unbelievable.
Speaker 2: You said it's subject to change, right to change. In that list, you didn't even name the number three Gophers.
Speaker 6: Well, they're playing UCLA that weekend.
Speaker 2: Number three Gophers versus number one Ucla. Nothing, they're not getting ranked.
Speaker 5: We'll probably be resting our starters, even though I really like their coach.
Speaker 2: UCLA's coaches actually, so will be what forty to fifty point favorites?
Speaker 5: I mean probably is that at UCLA or here? No, it's home for probably twenty eight point favorites.
Speaker 6: Weekend did you say about this is week ten, November seventh.
Speaker 9: Oh my gosh, dude.
Speaker 3: It's like perfect.
Speaker 9: So it'll getting too hard because it'll be you know, football season until we take speech.
Speaker 4: Yeah it is.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, let's go.
Speaker 8: The crazy thing is a bunch of those games gonna overlap. You're gonna have to choose which one you.
Speaker 6: Think of that? Like you really have to?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Hawk, that's the Vikings played that weekend on Monday night football.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it all works out.
Speaker 9: We should have a big watching one game. We should just choose one of those games and go to it. We should put them on a wheel, spin the wheel, and that's the game we're going I.
Speaker 3: Would love to do that, but then we'd miss all the other ones.
Speaker 6: Like I wouldn't mind.
Speaker 5: Picking bar then he put on all of them.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we should just do it at Ben's cabin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we should also watch the games.
Speaker 4: I only have one TV.
Speaker 9: Now while we're bringing the TVs.
Speaker 5: What about Jk's forty seven's basement doesn't set up there?
Speaker 3: What about outside?
Speaker 4: It is a gazebo?
Speaker 6: What do I need a telescope?
Speaker 3: We can watch it in your basement?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I hate don't have to be there.
Speaker 4: We could have it at my house.
Speaker 3: No, I'm busy. Let's do it.
Speaker 6: I ling a couple of TVs too. What if we all brought a TV over and we all set.
Speaker 2: Up Maybe Julia Daniels will hostess this huge Okay again, let's not dream on camera.
Speaker 3: I didn't do anything. I didn't do it any You have a you have a TV in your basement? I have a couple, Yeah, you have a.
Speaker 4: Couple of You have a.
Speaker 3: Size screens? Are we talking here? I have a one hundred inch Well you don't, Yes, you do not? Do you have one hundred inches? And you haven't thought about inviting us over.
Speaker 4: For the Yeah? On the other walls.
Speaker 3: Yeah you can. I did it all of you. Actually, it's like when I get.
Speaker 6: Made fun give me friendship.
Speaker 7: I come over, sure, and then I have on the other side, I have a seventy five in two TVs down two TVs.
Speaker 6: O my god, multi screen, the one hundred INCHU.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we can have all four on that one, and then we'll.
Speaker 4: Have the main one on the.
Speaker 6: Can we bring canes over for free.
Speaker 4: He won't come over, Sure you.
Speaker 6: Will for that just said that.
Speaker 3: We don't honestly, Like, I just don't like the drive. It just takes forever. If the trees were gone, I could see your.
Speaker 4: Howes too far.
Speaker 6: I'll drive over. I'll have my overpick yet.
Speaker 4: I'll bring the honey in Mackie.
Speaker 6: Which weekend is this November seven?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that weekend Benny and Hoggs. Dad, you're in town because like it's a Monday.
Speaker 9: Night or I'm in I'll do this man, ye, come over, I'm not killing the sausage.
Speaker 6: Come over, yeah, Saucy you actually hold yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 5: So it'll be birthday, my birthday party October twenty fourth, and then it'll be Halloween the next weekend, and then it's this weekend all time.
Speaker 2: Guys can all come over everybody, no joke, Yeah, Saucy, I'm so in.
Speaker 5: I'll bring I'll bring all the booze that's on me anywhere you want me to write. If Dobbin sets her there, I'm not kidding. I'll just need two more wishes and my life's complete.
Speaker 9: I know which one of them.
Speaker 6: But we have to wear hoodies.
Speaker 5: Everyone has to wear hoodies, oversized hoodies, fair yeah, oversize hoodies oversize.
Speaker 9: We have to wear masks so we don't know who were.
Speaker 6: Everyone has to has to wear like gray sweats.
Speaker 3: And do we have to just gonna say? Do we have to drop our keys in a bowl when we go into sausage house?
Speaker 4: What are we doing here? Party?
Speaker 3: I'm not kidding. Everybody's invited. You can all be there. Are you actually doing this? Yeah? Can we get there for game to hate? No, I'm not. What's going to happen like for you will show up, Max will show Obby, zach O, Tommy, I will be there, be busy.
Speaker 9: You had Tommy at inches.
Speaker 4: What if I invite some of my family over hunk? Oh No, I can't make it.
Speaker 3: Are you out of challenge?
Speaker 4: That's the wild host the Lightning that night.
Speaker 3: What do you got during the day?
Speaker 8: Yeah, what are you doing during the Yeah, we gotta watch them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll be there.
Speaker 3: You can come over at eight coffee and do.
Speaker 6: Together.
Speaker 4: Yes you can.
Speaker 6: I will watch. We're putting in my calendar Polly's house.
Speaker 3: Yes, everybody is in. I'll bring you on chili or you want booze.
Speaker 9: What do you want chili?
Speaker 3: I don't eat chili.
Speaker 6: You're not chili.
Speaker 4: Get No, I don't like. No, I don't like.
Speaker 6: Should we grill out? You gotta grill?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 8: Yeah, the style of chilis no beings, Texas chili bowl.
Speaker 3: I'm saying that. Yeah, I'll do all wings. Yeah, wings and.
Speaker 5: God, yes, let's grill out some wings and we'll all make to be there.
Speaker 6: This is the dreams happening. We should take our shirts.
Speaker 3: Up, talks off right now.
Speaker 4: It will be there at eight day out.
Speaker 6: I'm not kidding.
Speaker 5: This is a dream day will probably be like forty five degrees out tops.
Speaker 9: Yeah, let's roll it and then we'll just halftime and throw the ball around. Yeah, but you have a backyard.
Speaker 4: Count on it. Put in your calendar.
Speaker 6: Bam, the LSU like it doesn't.
Speaker 9: Get better it doesn't get better.
Speaker 3: I know we're live for break and hang on. I got to ask Ben one thing quickly. Here, let me do this.
Speaker 9: Thank you love a Hsfield Saints Baseball dot Com twenty fifth are back.
Speaker 2: Over under three and a half power To members show up to this party over thank you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Can you ask for two weeks before? Ask the same question for two weeks before?
Speaker 4: I think?
Speaker 8: I think that for all the butts in the door, it'll be definitely over.
Speaker 3: Now is ever going to be there the whole day? And probably not?
Speaker 2: How about over under three and a half people that attend power to members at attend Tommy Olsen's birthday weekend at the either Gopher game or.
Speaker 3: At least the pregame.
Speaker 2: Even if they don't go to the game, they're a part of the Gopher festivities for birthday weekend. Wow, over under three and a half Over.
Speaker 3: Thank him over to watch take You'll be there?
Speaker 4: Thank him over to watch?
Speaker 3: You have roads so drink a golf cart that can drive them up the driveway or not.
Speaker 4: Sure I can find one?
Speaker 3: You know? Back?
Speaker 9: Come over?
Speaker 4: Watch? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Rose, you can be there? Yeah TV yeah, Wow.
Speaker 5: The airbnb that I have for the birthday, it has a stair stepper and a sauna. Yeah, Rose, I need a son and a squat wrack, gonna come over get after it the more.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'll have to think about that.
Speaker 4: Should I Should I squat first, then go the sauna? Should I go?
Speaker 3: Rose? Do you have it just that Saturday?
Speaker 1: Tommy, it's actually Friday, Saturday week So Friday, ye in Dinky Town, right down the road from Twin Cities Live.
Speaker 4: You can get done with the show Ben at four thirty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then just come on down and do some squats for.
Speaker 3: Watching Rose. How you gotta go?
Speaker 6: I do have to go, Toms. It's long you guys.
Speaker 3: Well, we created a party out of nothing.
Speaker 2: That's one of your favorite things that we do on this show, literally my favorite thing to do it sure.
Speaker 9: Is nothing at all.
Speaker 5: We should all wear a college team that's playing that day shirt.
Speaker 4: Sure.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm, I'm going to get a ton of.
Speaker 9: Here's the thing, Tom's we talked about it. Put the full court press on, you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm fighting for two battles.
Speaker 5: Now I need my BIRTHDAYL three and now I need my birthday at this party.
Speaker 3: And then Benny's everybody.
Speaker 12: What about what I'm talking about. Oh yeah, yeah, I mean that's a core press. I mean, yes, no, I know we got a lot. We got a lot coming up in these next three months.
Speaker 6: Think of Vegas. Then we have Vegas after that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this weekend of November seventh, that's the weekend of t I.
Speaker 13: Sure were there on the fit happening. It's all what really is? I mean, you guys, this is the dream we're living it. Yes, it's gonna be the greatest lives. And it's the State Fair.
Speaker 9: Okay, now we're talking, we're talking.
Speaker 3: I make it. It's a week from today. Are you going out there, dude? I'm out there every day next weekdays, next week, Friday.
Speaker 8: Right, Uh no, Friday, Actually am not because Friday I'm going to Denver with the Vikings.
Speaker 9: That's right, baby, that's fair.
Speaker 3: Who's filling in? Paul Folger?
Speaker 4: Not sure yet? I think I think Kelly. I think Kel's hmm.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anyone else? I'm being serious.
Speaker 2: At what point are you going to let Sauce co host that show a day?
Speaker 4: We would have them any.
Speaker 2: Day next time, next time, Elizabeth is you need to call from off the bench, do it for sure?
Speaker 5: No? If you guys heard about the turkey sandwich at the State Fair.
Speaker 6: I heard it's elite.
Speaker 4: Are you?
Speaker 5: I always just thought it was a turkey leg I never knew they had a sandwich.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the sandwich is a little right next door. They got all you can drink milk. It's crazy awesome.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yea, I don't like the sarcasm, not a end of that.
Speaker 9: If you don't.
Speaker 5: Have a midway, do they have unlimited mayo at the milk sandwich, then I'm in milk sails.
Speaker 2: Milk and I used to That sounds like the secret phrase to get into Tommy's.
Speaker 4: That sounds like an urban dictionary. Didn't you have one of those?
Speaker 9: You tell me you got to go back up to bed. You want me make your milk sandwich just like milk.
Speaker 4: That's not a fortiing slip.
Speaker 3: That's uh.
Speaker 2: You were writing fans, what's the secret code?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's your mayo on the milk's hands.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 3: Right this way, sir, last again. Oh okay, all right, Temmy, so also do sports after this. This is the Power To Morning Show on the fan.
Speaker 9: Hey, it's Chris Hockey.
Speaker 1: Join the Power Trips twenty fifth Birthday Bash at Treasure Island, November fifth and sixth Thursday Night's comedy show has reached capacity with the wait list is still open. And then, of course, make sure to listen to the Power Trip for chances to win your way in that on Friday, No registration needed. Join us for a live broadcast in the Vegas Trip in November with the show up for grabs details of kfan dot com slash two five.
Speaker 9: Do you think? Oh no, I just I don't think any person in America says the word French.
Speaker 3: He loves it.
Speaker 9: There are people who spend all day making French dressing who don't say the word French as much as Tommy does.
Speaker 3: You are correct, Yeah, I think you can fringe anything. I think you would try.
Speaker 2: I think you would try, Sauce, try doing sports in French.
Speaker 5: Good's time for a fan five on the Power Trip Rockie by our friends at Circa Casino will be broadcasting live from there one week from today.
Speaker 9: Saucy, you and I buddy can't wait.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it'll be great.
Speaker 9: Don't forget book your seat, book your ticket, book your room. We're going to Circa to celebrate twenty five years in November. Power Trip Morning Show cafan dot com for more detail.
Speaker 7: We the Twins swept the Bravees the Bravey's by beating them six four yesterday. They're off today. They will battle the Dads in San Diego tomorrow at eight forty.
Speaker 9: Here's what Chelte said about the sweep.
Speaker 14: Coming off getting swept to start the homestand by by a really good Phillies team. And you know, even going back to Sunday, we had a five nothing lead in the first and weren't able to hold on, but was really proud of our group. There were a lot of things that we did on the positive side and wind up beating a really good team.
Speaker 9: Yeah, man, let's go Shafty. We're in this thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah man, good for them.
Speaker 9: Baseball race is heating up.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Who's pitching tonight?
Speaker 9: Quirky quigl snack whoa.
Speaker 3: I don't think you can say that.
Speaker 4: I don't think you could say that. Man.
Speaker 3: Two times Pro Bowl.
Speaker 7: Defensive tackle Vitaveyas signed a one year extension for thirty yeah with the Tampa Buck thirty million.
Speaker 9: Yeah, one year, buddy.
Speaker 2: Six million extra this year, twenty four next year, but thirty million in new money.
Speaker 3: So the hold in worked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gonna be making about twenty four a year in the next two years.
Speaker 9: Yeah, hey Ben, Yeah, a deal on the back of this football card that you were nice enough to bring me today. Yeah, thank you very much. Your rookie card, by the way.
Speaker 3: Yeah rooking.
Speaker 9: In the AFC, it says the following things. After jolting the blocker back, Lieber keeps his balance and moves down the line to thrash the ball carrier. The All Big Twelve first team selection post of fifty five solo tackles and six quarterbacks sacks Durgas senior year of Kansas State, and then it says he'll learn from one of the NFL's best in Junior Sale. What did you learn from Junior Sale?
Speaker 8: Oh, my gosh, Well, I learned that my body can't do the things that he can do. My energy level could never match his energy level. Get up and be in the gym at four point thirty in the morning or five in the morning, and then go to bed at one in the morning and do that every day.
Speaker 4: So man, so much.
Speaker 3: He was such a good guy.
Speaker 9: Good he was such a good guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I mean, obviously terrible, sad, terrible, tragic ending, but man, I love that he was a good guy because I loved that guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah he was.
Speaker 8: He was, I mean clearly one of the best, one of the best to ever do it. And one of the funny things about learning from him from the x's and O standpoint is I was told pretty early on that don't watch Junior in practice. Just just do what it says on the play sheet, like do what it says, you know, as far as what the actual diagram says. Because Junior just he was a cowboy the whole time. He did whatever he wanted to do. If he felt something, he just went. He didn't really play within the rules, the structure of the defense.
Speaker 3: It's his junior just being junior.
Speaker 4: And we heard that so many times, like, hey, how did he make that play?
Speaker 3: It's like Junior being JR. Don't don't watch him.
Speaker 9: Wow, it just had the physical skills to make up for anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he watched a lot of film.
Speaker 8: He was I wouldn't say he's Luke Keithley esque, but pretty damn close. And so if you know, if he saw something and he knew the guard was gonna pull, even though in that particular defense, he wasn't supposed to chase the guard down and make a tackle on the backfield. He would just know that the guard's pulling and he just blitz. He would just held blitz whenever he wanted to do, whenever he felt like it. Yeah, and more often than not, he was right and he just make plays.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 7: Pat McAfee will become part of ESPN's Monday night football coverage.
Speaker 9: Wow.
Speaker 3: Great, anybody have a hot take on this?
Speaker 4: No, No, I I.
Speaker 8: Feel like that guy is seems like right now he's kind of limitless and his abilities. I heard him he was doing the basketball deal. He was doing play by play for basketball, Like, dude, you're really good at this. Like you did a great job of doing that.
Speaker 4: I'm told was terrible. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I heard he's getting destroyed for what for his album? I didn't even know about that.
Speaker 4: I didn't know it was a real thing. He has a music album? Yeah kidding, boy, Well, maybe he should have any about it. He should learn that he has some limits.
Speaker 3: Yeah maybe. Yeah, it's it's a weird spot.
Speaker 2: But because his there's no doubt his his story is success.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: Yes, this dude has had an unbelievable last handful of years.
Speaker 3: He's crushing it.
Speaker 2: He's making reportedly around sixty million dollars a year from ESPN, right, so to be a punter that very few people really knew about it, and now a handful of a handful of years later, you're a giant deal in the college football world. You're one of the pillars of ESPN's future. Nothing but success for Pat McAfee. I still would argue he is now at that tipping point, not.
Speaker 3: Just because he's polarized himself.
Speaker 2: A little bit in general, but he's at that tipping point where I think he needs somebody to go. I know, you're having a ton of fun, but you can't be everywhere because you're overexposing yourself. And the comeback is, well, ESPN's paying you sixty million, you have to be everywhere. They're paying you to be everywhere. But I'd be like, dude, for the brand, for your brand is they like to say, for the brand, we got to pull you back a little bit and just crush like these three or four things. Don't dip your toes into fifty seven different things. You're overexposed. I would love it's a lot. I think honestly his I think he's gonna do well on the.
Speaker 8: Set or whatever they ask him to do for Monday Night Football. But I think his wheelhouse is obviously his show and then college football because his energy.
Speaker 3: He's great. His energy for college football and college fantastic.
Speaker 4: Aw so awesome.
Speaker 8: And the thing is like he's all he's been a WWE guy. So the fact that ESPN now has the rights to WWE, it's a natural fit because he he wants to be a wrestler, like that was like his dream.
Speaker 11: Wrestling fans have completely rejected him at this point. You though, it was fun at first for a lot of people, and then it got to be people were like, yeah, I get out of here. And I think he even said the other day he was like, because he's got so much backlash when he was involved in the WrestleMania stuff, he just said, I think it was yesterday that he's never going to be on WWTV again.
Speaker 9: Wow.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Well maybe that's the pullback that he needs, is to not be everywhere ESPN.
Speaker 11: Has, right, right, I mean he well he's six days a week now and now that he's going to be.
Speaker 7: And well he's on like if you take like their four biggest properties Sports Center, he's not on that, the Pat McAfee show.
Speaker 4: He's obviously on that college game day, he's on that.
Speaker 7: And now the thing they I would guess they pay the most money for is those NFL rights.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and he's on that. I know it's a lot, it's a lot. And this is where I I mean, bless them if he can do it, but I think this is where you just don't have enough time in your day to be good at the one thing that got you to ESPN. If you made your name on the Pat McAfee show, you built that thing from nothing, through your sports takes, through your guests, through or just just the way it is, that's gonna probably suffer a little bit because you're not gonna be able to pay attention to all the news. You got to prep for all these other you got prep for college game day, you gotta prep for Monday Night football. How are you gonna have time to have actual fun takes on everything else that's going on when you're stretched so thin.
Speaker 2: Think of that spot, though, because like what if what if ESPN's like, Hey, we really want you on the Monday Night Countdown show And he's like, and I would love to do that. So they want me to do that, they're paying me to do that. I want to do that, but then you have to say, but should I yes, Well, you have to make long term decisions and put aside short term wins. It's tough because he should be able to do whatever he wants, and ultimately he can do whatever he wants.
Speaker 9: To shove life for everybody, no matter what exactly. So the other side of you goes, get as much as you can.
Speaker 3: Do whatever you want, get scared. He's totally and yeah, it's not good.
Speaker 2: He did a cover of Nobody, tried to claim that he wrote it.
Speaker 3: It's very yield in this world. She's just.
Speaker 13: Maybe they're busy, maybe they're scared to show their.
Speaker 6: Pain, to feel.
Speaker 11: That Marny's gone, and it's hard to ignore.
Speaker 6: The quiet emptiness, the sorrow.
Speaker 3: That morning was on the pregame show and you bumped.
Speaker 6: Her off the room.
Speaker 3: She only.
Speaker 1: That he doesn't have yes anybody in his life that is able to bring him in at all.
Speaker 3: At this point.
Speaker 2: He's really good to those group of guys that are on the show. I really like McAfee. I still think it's it's a good example. If you can't just surround yourself with yes people, you got to have somebody.
Speaker 3: Go, Dude, you got to slow down, man.
Speaker 11: When I think people there's also like this rising backlash of sort of the bar stoolification of sports journalism, and he's kind of like the face, like the figurehead of people's animosity towards that general trend, which.
Speaker 3: Again it's too bad. Overall, he seems like a really good dude, Like a really really.
Speaker 6: Good dude, dude.
Speaker 3: I can't believe he's still going.
Speaker 9: I know.
Speaker 2: Viking's News is next. It sounds like everybody was at during practice. Well, we'll get Ben Lever's take and more after this Power to Morning Joe on the.
Speaker 6: Van hundred ask Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 9: We've been delaying as long as we could because if we didn't want to give it all the way before Vikey snarers and now's the time.
Speaker 5: It's times on the Power Trip presented.
Speaker 3: By that Go.
Speaker 9: Everybody was there yesterday dot Com, Tom was there, cy Onminson was there yesterday as well. Podcast that's right, that one podcast.
Speaker 3: Have you heard the name of the podcast? What's the podcast?
Speaker 6: I sell you here, it's the what it's blowing the horn?
Speaker 3: No, it's the it's the Ben and.
Speaker 4: Show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love it, I love I love yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah man he's excited about the show coming up here in September two. He's very excited.
Speaker 4: Oh I know.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he's going to be helping you guys out with the little comedy right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's gonna be the best.
Speaker 9: I cannot wait. It's gonna be fun. And if you haven't seen Kelsey Cooks News Especial, it's so good. It's it's so good then, but it's so smart.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's awesome.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I saw a clip on social media where she was talking about her her new on love of watching football and then her take about you know, the guys and their celebrations.
Speaker 9: Celebration that's such a good bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how they have to sheepishly go up to one of their buddies in the locker room and go like, do you want to practice with me?
Speaker 9: Guys they're doing pattycakes.
Speaker 8: It's it's sad is the the athletes and the players of this generation. There's no sheep like in my in my day, it would been it would have been like, hey, so guys. I was kind of thinking, if, you know, defensively, if one of us gets a touchdown, we should uh yeah, that would be really awkward. But if cam Biden's walking around the locker room. Everybody's coming up to him. Hey, can I be a part of your next bit?
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 8: They they're excited to do a little TikTok dance, which is just kind of weird, kind of weird.
Speaker 9: Yeah, okay, here we go then, Yeah, you start wherever you want to start. We've got a question we got but where were your observation, Justtory, We're were people overly harsh on our offense yesterday? No, no, I don't talk to them about it.
Speaker 8: And so I will say that it's I had this similar experience yesterday where I was just on the offensive field and I did not see I didn't see one lick of our defense play other than other than what I will say is the one on one period, which is like my favorite period for pass rushing. I did see our guys, so I can kind of comment a little bit about about that. But for all the team stuff, they were on the field closest to the fans, as you guys are mentioning already, So I can only really comment on what I saw offensively from our offense, and it wasn't good. It just and I will also say this, and it's no surprise that our defense from all intentsive purpose, it sounds like they shut down the Ravens offense typically in these joint practices, especially on day one, because there is no scheming, there's no game planning. It's just like defenses in the first week of training camp. They always have the upper hand.
Speaker 4: Defense.
Speaker 3: Defense is just.
Speaker 8: Inherently easier when you're not scheming, because we get we get a smaller menu, we have smaller responsibilities. Our whole ethos on defense is just to play fast, and the guys on offense they're thinking a little bit more there. They got a lot more responsibilities. Things are a little bit more fine tuned, and so it's no shocker that both defenses outplayed the offenses yesterday. But from what I saw from our offense, it wasn't pretty it. The timing of everything was off. The accuracy from both quarterbacks during some of the team periods was off. The windows of which are our receivers were trying to create were just weren't there. The defensive backs and the linebackers did a really good job in coverage and they didn't other than maybe one play in the team period that JJ Thrudem.
Speaker 3: I think it was.
Speaker 8: Miles Price on the sideline where he had a toe tap. That was about the biggest window that he had to throw in in the dB was maybe three or four yards away. Everything else was a contested catch. Everything contested catch. JJ had to drop justin Jeffson had to drop on the sideline that we were standing on. It was a great route. It was a little bit of a challenging throw. The dB was on his back, but he flat out just dropped the ball.
Speaker 4: So, I mean.
Speaker 8: Everything just looked off and it wasn't good until the two minute period.
Speaker 7: Ben, you put me on this after the first preseason game, you said Donovan Jackson played well, So I kind of watched him yesterday and the Ravens have some monsters on that defense line. Yeah, he has taken that being Donavan Jackson a huge step. He's going to be a good player.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 8: He he just displays such natural power. Yes, And we heard that from the day that he got here, the first day that he got here, and those OTAs guys are like, man, this guy.
Speaker 4: Is he is powerful. He is strong. You can see that.
Speaker 8: And that was without pad On and then everything sort of played out as a season went along. We know that he's mentally tough after playing through what a broken risk last year and playing a whole game with the broken risks before he got surgery, So he clearly has taken a step forward in this last game that we saw. He's understanding this offensive run game a lot better. He moves in space well, he's super strong, and they really trust him to be the move guy on polars and whatnot and being out in space. So he really has a chance to be one of the best, one of the best guards in the game.
Speaker 4: And it was nice to see. As you mentioned, the Ravens.
Speaker 8: Historically have been built to have big, tough, physically imposing mfors on defense, and the fact that he played well against them and in some of those individual periods, it's a it's a great thing.
Speaker 4: How do you think Will Fries played or practiced?
Speaker 8: I should say, honestly, very hard to assess in the team period how the offensive line played, So I can't I can't know.
Speaker 9: Oh well, thank you, we didn't go to break, right.
Speaker 8: I can't really assess and tell you how individually in those team periods they played because you know, everything's kind of messy from the sidelines. If we if I had more of a bird's eye view, we could probably see, you know. All that being said, I thought I thought Claiborne actually had a couple of nice runs. We had a couple decent bright spots in the run game, uh in some of those team periods, but it probably wasn't enough to offset how poor our passing game was. So I would probably have to say, overall, listen, if our if our offense is off, then our offensive line probably didn't play very well in that team period either.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 9: I mentioned this on the air this morning, and I mentioned it to you at practice. Ben I was shocked by the reaction of his teammates when JJ made that great throw for the touchdown. They really seem to want him to be good.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he's it's not a it's not just media cover or a fallacy that he's well liked.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean, he really is.
Speaker 3: You can see it.
Speaker 8: You can see the way that he's intentionally been inclusive with the off season stuff, whether it's throwing throwing with having private throwing sessions, whether it's just having guys over to the house, or whether it's just organizing off the field things, whether it's going you know, having a suite at the wild game and inviting all the players. You know he is really he does try really hard to be the leader that they want him to be, and I think it is reciprocated in a genuine fashion where guys guys like his enthusiasm, Guys just like him. And so when he makes a one of the best throws I've seen him make in practice or really, I mean even in a game in that two minute drive where he did put a little bit of a little bit of touch on a pretty pretty hard throw, you know, over the middle of the field to Les Price, in that two minute drill where he did have to go over a intermediate defender. The ball had to travel over him and then it had to get there with velocity because it was a it was a tight throw to fit in this window. To see those guys react the way they did, it just shows you that he's he's doing things the right way in the locker room.
Speaker 9: Yeah. Yeah, fun to see Max Brettison do anything for you yesterday other than look like he needs to be driving an irock Ze.
Speaker 2: I know we were saying he should.
Speaker 9: I don't know what it is. He just looks like he should be driving Iraq.
Speaker 8: If there's somebody out there that has a classic car company. We were we were, we were Hawk and I were politicking for the fact that he needs an endorsement where he drives like an old school muscle car, like a Firebird or something like that, and just just lean into the fact that he is this dirty, old school player.
Speaker 9: It'd be the best. You know, he doesn't look like a rookie. And I don't mean just on when he's making plays. I mean when he's standing on the sidelines, he looks like he's seventy are yeah, like thirty four? Yeah you know, I mean like like he's probably got a two year old and maybe like a three year old that he doesn't know about, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean he's from Indiana.
Speaker 9: I love the guy. Man, he's becoming quickly my favorite player and I've never met him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, he's uh.
Speaker 8: Then the way he just carries himself on the field, he looks like a vet. He very much feels very comfortable in his role and what they're going to use, and we use him a lot. Yeah, you know, he's on the field quite a bit, so I sort of like all the different varieties that we're going to see out of this offense so far, you're clearly going to see shotgun stuff.
Speaker 4: You're clearly going to see some play action stuff.
Speaker 8: But everybody gets lost in this new wide zone scheme, which is primarily a one back system, is that we are going to have some two back, true full back type of runs and have him on the move with some motions and and him across the formation.
Speaker 9: So you're catching the ball to maybe, Yeah, we're.
Speaker 4: Going to see him on the field quite.
Speaker 9: A bit, you know, one of the things. And men, this is so cliche, and I don't mean to talk us up too much, but I do wonder if we are emphasizing running the ball as much as we keep talking about doing, which is obviously good for everybody. How do you keep all the offensive weapons happy? How do you get tj a couple of catches here and there? How do you get Addison enough catches to or earn another contract? How do you get the Miles Price involved if he is worthy of being involved. And we brought in the dude what's his name of.
Speaker 3: Jennings?
Speaker 9: How do you get the ball to these guys? How do you keep them happy? Or do you care about that?
Speaker 8: I mean, I think I don't know if you have to have individual conversations or just an overall conversation to the offense, you know, early on and just and just kind of sprinkle it in, you know, throughout the whole camp and all this other stuff about just how this has to be a team offense. You know, we cannot have a bunch of individuals. Everybody knows that the offense is a gyear to get just in the football. But everybody's got to play their part and everybody's gonna get a chance to eat a little bit.
Speaker 3: And you just have to have guys that buy into that.
Speaker 8: And it is a little difficult when you are dealing with a lot of egos, because everybody's got an ego. Especially I would expect Jordan Addison to want the football a little bit more this year, coming up on a on a big contract situation. But you have to just ingrain it in their brain that if if we're scoring points and if our defense is taking the football away, then we're gonna get another opportunity here. Hopefully our defense is able to steal the football, you know, once or twice a game, to give our offense a few more series and a few more opportunities. Those are the times where, yeah, you're gonna you're gonna have a running back just get fed the ball a little bit. You're gonna have you know, some third down situations, Juan, where you're just that's gonna be your role. You're gonna just if you can pick up two or three first downs in a game, that just might be your bit. You know, you may you might not be the guy that's gonna get nine catches for one hundred and eleven yards to a touchdown. You know, that's not going to be unless we have an injury here and there. So if everybody just embraces the role that they got, we should be all.
Speaker 2: Right, what are we going to see it USB Stadium on Saturday, aren't they?
Speaker 8: I would think that after another really good day of joint practices today, which they are short. I mean, I think the practices were right at two.
Speaker 9: Hours two hours on the nut yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: And you got to you have to work in some individual time there.
Speaker 8: So you'll probably getting an hour and a half of team period stuff, which isn't a lot, but you're gonna get three hours, which is basically a game. You're gonna get three hours of team stuff. In there in these two days. I don't think that we're going to see a lot of the starters on Saturday.
Speaker 2: I can't even imagine playing any of them. Offensive line no, Tyler clearly, no. The wide receivers no, maybe yeah, maybe the younger yes, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 4: Big Citrus they should definitely play.
Speaker 8: You're going to see a lot of Charles Demans obviously, because I mean he's not even a starter. But you are going to see some some big names out there playing. I mean, Bretison is probably going to be playing a lot. You know, Clayborne's gonna playing at So there's a lot to look at. But as far as the true starters, I think they're gonna play.
Speaker 9: Do you think j J will get like a half?
Speaker 3: I would expect McCarthy to have I don't think so, right, Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah, And and we did see what's what's our fourth quarter? Rosmer throwing yesterday since.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's coming back from a little injury, right yeah. So fan five and a second headlines later. This is the Powers of Morning Show on the Pan.
Speaker 6: From the one eight hundred ASK Gary Traffic Center. This report is sponsored by Audible Good Morning.
Speaker 9: We have to