Speaker 1: For the back to back World champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach. Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 3: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can they print money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 4: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 1: Now your pregame host of the world champion LA Dodgers tam Cats.
Speaker 3: Hi, everybody, and welcome in two Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck. Your official Dodger pregame show on this June fifteenth, twenty twenty six, is You're World Champion Los Angeles Dodgers forty five and twenty seven On this season, the Dodgers first place an all alone atop the n L West. After a three and three road trip that saw the Dodgers take two or three in Pittsburgh but then drop a series in Chicago, they return home now for a six game homestand interleague against the Tampa Bay Rays, first top three game series and then three against the Baltimore Orioles. Eric Lower on the Mount in this series opener, first pitch from Uniclow Field the Dodger Stadium is coming up at seven to ten. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck, you were gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts, who is back after having a day off yesterday to see his Dodger graduate from college. We'll hear from the Dodger manager coming up at about twenty minutes. David Vass goes one on one with ta Oscar Hernandez. That's coming up. At forty five minutes. We got your Dodgers magical moment, your otani rewind. Of course, David Vass checks in throughout the hour. In just a few minutes, we head out to the Galloping Ford broadcast booth with Charlie Steiner and.
Speaker 4: Rick monday Well.
Speaker 3: Yesterday in Chicago, the Dodgers went for the series win as they sent out Emmitt she into the mound, who started off well but didn't end so well. The Dodgers' offense gave him some work something to work with. Early top half of the first inning, Freddie Freeman went yard.
Speaker 2: This is the worth start of the season for Hudson, fourth time he's been an opener in his first career start back on twenty fourth of April, and Freddy lifts went deep to right field and.
Speaker 6: Is back it is gone. A home run for Freeman.
Speaker 2: Is eleventh and the Dodgers jump on the board. Won nothing here on the top of the first inning, the lion drive home run out of here.
Speaker 3: To right home run for Freddy Freeman is eleventh of the season. Just like that, Dodgers with they won nothing lead over the White Sox. Image she and would pitch really well through the first five innings. He had eight strikeouts, ceollow, no runs. He gave it up just three hits along the way. He was cruising and the Dodgers maintained that one nothing lead until the bottom of the sixth inning, when the wheels fell off. She and he gave up a solo home run to start off the six a single, then an RBI double, and all of a sudden, the White Sox grabbed a two to one lead, and that was it for Image. Shean in came Jack Dryer and things got even worse. Give up a solo home run. I make that two run home run to Colson Montgomery that made it a four to one White Sox lead a single and then Chase Mydraf the two run home run from the mere coast of products, and all of a sudden, it was a six to one White Sox lead, one of those big innings for a Dodger opponent, the fifth time in the last seven games they've allowed four plus runs in an inning. They did it twice against the White Sox, and both times they made him pay. Dodgers down six to one, but not completely out Alex frielan sackfly and the seventh made it six to two. Then in the eighth inningan look out Mookie Betts starting to heat up.
Speaker 2: Taylor delivers Bookie swings, drives won deep to left. This ball back in, this ball gone in the White Sox bullpen. Mookie Bets with a seventh home run of the season, hits six to three. It was a line drive, frozen rope that just barely cleared the top of the left field wall. Well for Ben's second hit today. He had three hits last night, and that Bet is beginning to warm up.
Speaker 3: Indeed, it is Mookie Betts with the top tier play of the game, brought to by Arco quality, top tier gas for less. His seventh home run of the season his second hit of the day yesterday. He had five in the last two games. As Mookie Betts now hitting over two hundred on this season, he is starting to heat up. The Dodgers made it interesting in the ninth Alex Freeland and RBI double on the ninth pitch of his at bat, as he would make it a six to four game. The Dodgers would have runners on first and third with two outs.
Speaker 4: Freddy Freeman through struck out to end the game.
Speaker 3: Dodgers loose to the White Sox yesterday, six to four. Eric Ferry Fetti gets the win, Imageen gets the loss. Dodgers drop two at three in Chicago. They go five hundred on the roach of three and three. They're now forty five and twenty seven on this season as they maintain their lead atop the NL West. They come home now to start a six game homestand first up the Tampa Bay Rays. Eric Lauer on the mound in the series opener.
Speaker 4: First pitch is.
Speaker 3: Seven to ten and with more we head out to the galpin Ford broadcast booth as we say hello Charley Steiner and Rick Monday, guys.
Speaker 7: All right, Tim, the Dodgers back home getting ready for the seventy third game of the season. There's seven games in front of the Padres, eight in front of Arizona. The Rays in second place in the American League.
Speaker 6: East, a game behind the Yankees.
Speaker 7: A month ago, they were five and a half in front of the Yankees until they lost twelve of their last nineteen Some good news for the Dodgers show, Hey, if Tani continues to lead all National League players in All Star voting, but then Freddie Freeman, Max Munsey, and Andy Pohees are leading in their respective positions for the All Star Game. Mookie Betts and Will Smith currently second.
Speaker 1: But I think of.
Speaker 7: Those names that we mentioned, Bough Andy Pajz is probably the most interesting story of all and.
Speaker 8: No question about it. And what we have seen is really the evolution in a very short period of time for Andy pahes about that. I'm talking about not only as a hitter, but also as a defensive player and as a base reunter. Understanding, Look, he's got a lot of ability. I don't think he understood really how to chain all of that ability into the best opportunity for him to accomplish things. The average has been there more than that, I think the defense and providing opportunities to knock in runs. He's been very, very steady at that.
Speaker 7: He covers an awful lot of ground in the middle of the outfield. Dodger starters continued to be terrific. The bullpen continues to be an issue. The starters right now their collective er three to nine. It's the lowest in Major League Baseball. But the bullpen has really struggled in the month of June with an er it's seven and a.
Speaker 8: Half, and Charlie, I think that's reflective if you start to look at this road trip. Okay, as you mentioned they split the six games. Well, they scored forty one runs. That was good. But not good was the fact that they also allowed thirty three runs to be scored. And normally this is a Dodger bulk club. When they score runs, they do not allow a whole lot of runs. And if you look at the offensive standpoint, they were really out hit average wise with runners in scoring position. Dodgers on the trip, runners in scoring position hit barely two twenty five. The opposing teams hit three seventy one, and most of that was against the Dodger bullpen.
Speaker 6: So It's the first of a three game set.
Speaker 7: Eric Laura starting for the Dodgers this afternoon, his fourth start of the season since coming over here. Nick Martinez had a terrific year to this point for Tampa Bay six and two into two forty three er. We will detail that fitching matchup a little later on in the hour.
Speaker 3: Tim, all right, thank you Charlie, as we cut you down to first bitch on this Monday nights.
Speaker 4: How about a.
Speaker 3: Little Shaky's Pizza. Yeah, get your game day meal on at Shaky's Pizza Parlor. Order your Shaky's Pizza, chicken and mojos right now. It's Shaky's dot Com coming up here on Dodgers on Deck. You're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. You're gonna hear from Teoscar and then this David Vats checks in. Of course they're out the hour or break down, this pitchet matchup, your magical moment. Well up next you're Otani rewind and we'll hear from em Shean. That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Rays on this Monday and night.
Speaker 4: Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Kays' is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers audio number.
Speaker 1: This this Morongo Casino Dodgers hunting on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and the Tampa Bay Rays as they started a three game set. Eric Lower Nick Martinez. The pitching matchup. First pitch from Uniclo Field coming up at seven ten. This is the Otani rewind well yesterday show Hey Otani had a quiet day at the plates. He was over too but on bays twice, intentionally walked in the ninth inning, and he also drew another walk in the game earlier. As show Hey Otani also get on board because thank catches interference. So a big day for show Hey Otani yesterday. Unfortunately, the Dodgers come up short, losing six to four to the Chicago White Sox. I made she inputs five plus innings. He was really good through five and then the six he gave up three runs on four hits and struck out eight along the way, but that home run did him in. Came out of the game and then White Sox goon at six to four, and afterwards talked to the media, I.
Speaker 9: Mean your last one, you talked about how just you were frustrated with your your effectiveness, how you're excuiting your pitches for you to come out so strong today, just starting with that. How much of was that a point of emphasis for you over these last few days?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I definitely felt better early and then yeah, more of the same towards the end, which is pretty frustrated.
Speaker 1: You think led to that on the back end and there in.
Speaker 10: The sixth I don't know, I got to look at it more, but I felt like I was actecuting prety good stuff. Still felt good, and they put a couple of good swings on it.
Speaker 8: Those starters hate the third time through thing, but that was the third time. Did they look like they had a better approach against you or something?
Speaker 10: Maybe ball kind of like climb the lad higher with that pitcher?
Speaker 9: Were you okay with the location?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I was trying to get it above and I just left it in the zone step up to end.
Speaker 6: The fourth seemed like a really big moment.
Speaker 11: We could just walk us through that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, I felt good.
Speaker 10: I felt like I have my stuff change up could and then yeah, tell portraits of them all.
Speaker 4: Right, there's image.
Speaker 3: She and certainly disappointed with his outing yesterday pitched really good for five innings, but then the third time through that lineup and they really got to him there. He had the sixth inning as he exited up to giving him three runs, and the White Sox put up a six spot in the sixth and go on win it by a final six to four. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Cars for Kids, the easiest way to get rid of your old car. Donate today your car could be picked up tomorrow. Donate it now at Cars for Kids dot Org. Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck will dive deeper to this pitching matchup David Vasagos one on one with Hey Oscar her Nandez. But next we get to an injury report and we'll here for the manager, Dave Roberts, who is back after watching his daughters graduate from college yesterday.
Speaker 11: He's back with the Dodgers as they started.
Speaker 3: Six game homestand first up the Tampa Bay Race. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 3: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Monday night, as we are leading you up to the Dodgers and Tampa Bay Rays. Marongo Casino resorted spy a Grand Slam, four good times, Eric Lower, Nick Martinez. The pitching matchup, first pitch, set, first, seven ten.
Speaker 1: This is the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 3: Report, presented by UCLA Healthy Official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Will Smith on the IL with the neck inflammation. Taoscar Hernandez on the IL with the loved hamstring straining.
Speaker 4: Good news and love.
Speaker 3: About less than thirty minutes, you are going to hear from Taoscar Hernandez, how is that hamstring doing and could he be getting close to make a return? Key k Hernandez on the IL with the left oblique injury. Tyler Glasstaw on the IL the lower back spasms. He is just not progressing as quickly as they had liked, so that is not good news. Blake Snell in the sixty day IL after surgery to remove bodies from his elbow, he continues to progress. That is certainly good news. Brock Stewart on the IL to left bone spur. Well have an update on that and his status coming up with David Vassay in just a couple of minutes. Edwin Diaz on the IL recovering from elbow surgery, had that same procedure that Blake Snell had removing those loose bodies in his elbow from doctor Neil Elatrosh. He is starting to throw and do baseball activity, so that is trending in the right direction. How about Tommy Edmund hasn't played at all this year on the sixty day IL, recovering from off season ankle surgery. More on that because he is set to come off the injured lists pretty soon. Ben Casparious landon neck, Gavin Stone, Evan Phillips, Bruce Dark, Graderol All on the injured list. Graderol had back surgery. Most likely not going to see him for a while. Oh, we didn't get to see yesterday. Dave Roberts with the team. Dann Lahiman, bench coach, served as the injur manager as Dave Roberts was out with his family up and Stanford. Does he his daughter graduate from college? Congratulations to her. He is back with the team. Let's head back out to Uniclo Field the Dodgers. Dave, He've been check out with the Dodger skipper.
Speaker 1: The questions for Dave Dave, can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 4: Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 1: The dugouts with Dave.
Speaker 5: Roberts Davis Tommy, I'm still on track to come back tomorrow.
Speaker 1: He is.
Speaker 12: I think the bird is landed. He's somewhere floating around and he will be active tomorrow. I don't got him slated to start, but he'll be in there on Wednesday versus mcclanahen But yeah, so we've got some and we've got an impending move coming, but we'll kind of wait till tomorrow night.
Speaker 6: How do you see where he'll play defensively?
Speaker 2: I know at first it was going to be a second baseball time, but given who's out, is there a chance to get play in the corners too?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I think I haven't made that decision yet, but it'll be second, third and some left and then, uh yeah, that's probably where I see him.
Speaker 3: Does that mean he'll kind of move around just a little more than.
Speaker 1: He has in years past, I'd say so.
Speaker 12: I mean, you know, it's it's hard because I don't know when Tao is going to come back, but he's gonna be He's gonna need to be spelled, you know. I like getting Max and off day here there, you know, and then also obviously with second base with Mickey over there too, so and Freeland, so it'll be interesting. But yeah, he's gonna be moved around a little bit, you know it. From what I understand, I haven't seen him today, but he's come along well, and our hope is that he gets out on a rehab and plays a couple of games this weekend.
Speaker 1: Is a fun table omendation at all, from what.
Speaker 12: I understand, not limited, and he's moving well, recovering well. We got him, you know, in the infield, We got him in the outfield, back to back, all that stuff.
Speaker 1: How important was ensuring that that angle was one hundred percent given hell, you need him to play.
Speaker 12: On the agels, it was important, you know, it's just for for him. It's been a few years just nagging, and you know, even with the surgery, they were still kind of trying to get over the hump with feeling good. So it was important. It was, you know, just so we can hopefully get it behind us. But I think even with that, when he comes back, I'm gonna, you know, we're gonna be mindful of like the playing time and you know, probably a you know, three or four time a week situation for a while.
Speaker 6: Where's Edwin?
Speaker 1: Yeahs, AND's come back?
Speaker 12: Edwin is coming along really well. He's been playing catch. He should be throwing a bullpen here this week. So he is coming along really well quickly. Don't know, you know, time of return, but everything, and it's coming up pretty hot. So he feels pretty good. So then he got the bullpen, the lives and then the rehab. But it's you know, hopefully we keep trending in that right direction. Awful. I would say, anything's possible, but probably unlikely. But again, you know, until he starts, you know, doing the Lives and then we start seeing really how it looks, then I think we'd get a better idea.
Speaker 8: As Tail has started ringing up what has been to have the.
Speaker 12: Biggest challenge for him? I think the biggest challenge the strength is there this foot speed he's running, you know, twenty miles an hour whatever it is, so that's been really good. Recovering well, I think just making sure that his swing is back so we can kind of pick up where we left off. So I think that's the thing we didn't do last year, is you know, he missed some time and then we kind of just got him back in the lineup and he just wasn't right. So just to make sure he's in a good spot physically and then his swing is kind of reflective of that.
Speaker 4: All right, there's a manager, Dave Roberts.
Speaker 3: He is back and got a lengthy update on some of the Dodgers injured players.
Speaker 4: So those good news.
Speaker 3: Seems like everybody's trending, at least outside of Tyler Class now in the right direction. Well, we continue here on Wrongo Becauseino Dodgers on deck. We will check in with the David Vat say for leading you up to first pitch on this Monday night Dodgers and Rays. I'm Tim Kateeson is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: As we were.
Speaker 1: Saying, yes, it's Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Tampa Bay Ray start a three game set, Dodgers beginning a homestand against the Al East as the Baltimore Oriols will come to town this weekend. Eric Lauer, Nick Martinez, a pitching matchup tonight. Dodgers Baseball's brought to you Mile PTol, born in LA and made for your game day. L Poto brings out off thin take Mexican styles, Mano sauces, salces and hot sauces right to your played El Pato.
Speaker 4: Gormee and a can.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 6: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David basse R DV. Thrill.
Speaker 3: Who's who of Dodgers injured players out at the ravine today.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's interesting when you come to Dodgers Stadium the first game after a road trip and you see guys that you haven't seen in a while because they're on the il. At about two thirty this afternoon, Tim, you saw guys like Keik Hernandez, Teoscar Hernandez.
Speaker 6: You saw Edwin Diaz go out there.
Speaker 5: Blake Snell was out here running the steps here at Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 6: So they're all on their different timelines.
Speaker 5: But the one thing they have in common is that they're using Dodgers Stadium as a rehab place. And that's what happens when the team's on the road. The facilities, the Dodgers have built in their newly renovated clubhouse area. It's you know, facilities that usually other teams have to send players to their you know, spring training complex to accomplish. But because of what the Dodgers have here at Dodgers Stadium, players just come here to rehab until it's time to go out on their minor league assignment. You're gonna hear from Taoscar Hernandez a little bit later in the show, Tim and he's gonna provide us with some details about where he's at coming back from his left hamstring injury.
Speaker 3: We're looking forward to that, and that's coming up in about twenty minutes Dodger fans.
Speaker 4: David is brought to by.
Speaker 3: Ford here for those who build America, especially those who believe that given everything today will pay off tomorrow, those who will drive America forward, American values for American values. Right now, Ford is offering employee pricing to everybody. Go to your Southern California Ford dealer today or visit by.
Speaker 4: For now dot com.
Speaker 3: Was it me, Dave or I see an NFL coach in the outfield today during VP?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you might have seen a Chargers polo shirt and khaki pants and a guy wearing a dog, and that was Jim Harbaugh, head coach of your LA Chargers, who was out here. And Dave Roberts is a big Chargers fan. The only active Dodger player that's a Charger fan is Emmitt Shean. But I had a chance to visit with Captain comeback, and he said, nobody's called me that in a very long time. I said, hey, that's how I remember you with the Indianapolis Colts. He told me that he caught twenty one foul balls in his fandom as a baseball fan, and he brings his glove to every game. He said when he comes to games now at Dodgers Stadium, they're giving him too good of a seat in the suite and.
Speaker 6: He doesn't have a chance to catch a foul ball. He said.
Speaker 5: The last time he caught a foul ball in the stands was ten years ago out in San Francisco, so he's looking for another one. He told the story loud enough where Dave Roberts allowed him and his kids to go out to center field during Dodgers' batting practice with their gloves. That they brought Harbor out there to shag batting practice fly balls. So he's hoping to get a seat in the home run seats one of these days when he comes to a game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and give him those seats.
Speaker 3: Let him catch those foul balls, all right, David Back on the field, Image Shean yesterday was really pretty good through five innings and then that one big Innian really did in the Dodgers again, and he was a part of it. Immit Shean spot in the rotation, any danger of him losing.
Speaker 5: It, well, I feel like with the Dodgers, I don't know the answer to that, Tim, but you have to wonder if there are more complications getting through a lineup twice for Immit Shean. There's a guy by the name of River Ryan that's certainly ready to go in the minor leagues. And that's the difference between the Dodgers and other teams. There's a lot of competition and if you don't perform, there's a next man up. And of course, the Dodger bullpen has been used quite a bit lately, and there's been some leaks. If there's a guy like a Sheen that can get through a lineup once, you never know, they might consider that.
Speaker 6: But I don't know the answer to that, definitively.
Speaker 4: All right, David, we appreciate it.
Speaker 3: We'll check back you with you just a little bit. Dave's gonna go one on one again with ta Oscar Hernandez. How is that hamstring feeling we're gonna hear from ta Oscar coming up in fifteen minutes, coming up next year on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck though, we'll get your Dodgers Magical moment. Don't you go anywhere? Dodgers and Rays from the ravine. The first pitch is seven ten. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunters game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's a Dodgers and Tampa Bay Rays on this Monday and night started a three game series. Dodgers back home after a three and three road trip. Eric Loward, Nick Martinez a pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 12: I go.
Speaker 1: Without a hot dog?
Speaker 6: Who wants a hot con?
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfey Magical Moment. Bitch Magical presented by Hawpy Hot Dogs.
Speaker 3: Well, the Dodgers taking on the Rays. We go back to August twenty third, twenty twenty four, so less than two years ago. Dodgers taking on Tampa Bay. Show Hey Otani creeping up on a forty forty mark.
Speaker 13: Here we go, poshe too, old tony high fly ball right field, hit pretty deep on the track.
Speaker 4: Series, He's at the wall.
Speaker 6: It's done, it is done, and it is old gone.
Speaker 13: Show Hey old Tani joins the forty forty Cup in the most grand fashions, a walk off Grand Slam. He is being mobbed at the plate as the Dodger is so great a seven three win.
Speaker 1: Oh did you.
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 1: He did?
Speaker 4: Indeed he did.
Speaker 3: Show he Otani the walkoff Grand Slam to him, the sixth to forty forty player at MLB history. It was Otani's first career walk off home run and his first walk off home run of any kind by a Dodger since May third, twenty twenty three, when Max Montsy did it. That's your Hofey magical moment, brought to you by Hoffey hot Dogs. Hoffey soakows local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Offfey hot Dogs, local and so great. When we continue here at Dodgers on Deck. We'll check back game with Rick Monday and David Bassay. If we're leading up to first pitch, I'm Tim Kates. This is back to back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the blue all season.
Speaker 3: Loft Dodgers and the Tampa Bay Rays on this Monday night. Eric Lauer, Nick Martinez, the pitching matchhiptime. Now for the Verizon to startup, as we were at thirty four minutes away from the start of the game. Now Verizon, you can lock in your low price for three years so you can save big. Visit your So Cal Hoverrizon store today.
Speaker 1: Hey, and now joined by David Basseying. Here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series Champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 5: Rick, you survived that hot, humid road trip. You're back in beautiful Southern California.
Speaker 8: Survived it even without you, David Vase, but you were missed. It's nice to see you back here. Although you go to the dark side of the next two nights over to the television side as well, we'll still have you on the pre game with us and on the post game as well.
Speaker 1: But it's nice to see you back, Rick.
Speaker 5: You were visiting with a legendary Dodger figure who obviously Dodger fans remember from nineteen eighty five, and you want to.
Speaker 4: Go back into your history as a kid.
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I still remember having a newspaper photo of Tomula sorta with his head buried in his bald head after Jack Clark won Game six of the eighty five NLCS against Tom Needing fewer yes.
Speaker 8: Yes, yeah, but I introduced you to Tom a few years ago, and you stand out why he was an important part of our ball club. Give the Part two is a lot of people don't realize this. Tom had quite a few If you look at the number of appearances he had towards the end of the season in postseason, it's not a lot of quote unquote numbers, but if you look at the number of times that he was up and throwing in the bullpen, he was saying, you know, there's a lot of ups and downs, so he left a lot of pitches just warming up in case he was going to be needed. You know, I think every situation is kind of funny because you brought this up before we came out of the air. He goes, yeah, yeah, on FO you introduced me to tom beanfear Now I like him, even though as a kid for so many years ago, so much disappointment, because that's what happens when you're following teams. Very similar to the other night, I called Charlie Steinders if youngratulate him the New York Knickingbockers, that's right, you know, Not that he had anything to do with the next winning, but Charlie was as a kid growing up in New York, the Knicks were the team that he watched, and after so many seasons of not winning and not really being up to the headlines, they happened to come back and what a series it was. So yeah, Charlie kind of celebrated the other day. I said, I will bother calling you tomorrow because you've probably still at the bottle of champagne open.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 5: Being a Knicks fan is like being a long suffering Cubs fan once every one hundred years on.
Speaker 8: And we just got through seeing what happens. Because the Cubs really were the talk of the town on the North Side there for a while this year, and people were dancing in the streets we have some fans that are Dodger fans and the Cub fans, and yes, when they were winning, they were doing a lot of dancing. Well, the dance floor has been empty the last number of days because the Cubs had kind of gone on out of sight and they had loved that on the south side of Chicago, the way the White Sox are playing right now, and it's like, oh yeah, that other team to the north side not doing so well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, those young White Socks.
Speaker 5: They really treated that three game series against the back to back champs like it was something.
Speaker 8: Have to tighten some things up the pitching when the opportunities to score, because you know, the good news is the Dodgers on the road trip, while they split the six games, they scored forty one runs. Okay, fine, but on the flip side of the corner, they also allowed thirty three. And they allowed thirty three runs to be scored at critical points of the ball games, and that needs to be able to change.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we hadn't seen that from the Dodgers all year long, Wrick. But in the last seven games there's innings where opposing teams are scoring six or seven runs and that's not Dodger light.
Speaker 8: No, but here's the other numbers too, and we've talked about this. I'll talk about the more.
Speaker 6: During the ballgame on the.
Speaker 8: Road trip to Dodgers again, they were three and three runners in scoring position, something I look at, you know, quite often hit two twenty eight.
Speaker 6: All right, that's kind.
Speaker 8: Of below the medium. But the opposing teams in those six games hit three seventy one with runners in scoring position, and most of that was on the back end of games.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's something that needs to change for the Dodger I can talk to him.
Speaker 8: You know what today is Also I looked at this date in the in Dodger history. This was the date nineteen ninety six. So the Dodgers turned in their first triple play in forty seven years. It was against the Atlanta Raves, and after making your running back of the play, grabbed Chipper Jones pop up to short left field, Juan Castro through the ball to second baseman Delino Deshields, who doubled up Marquis Grissom, and then the ball relayed over to first basement Eric Harras to get Mark Lempky's But that was the first triple play that turned in in forty seven years at the time.
Speaker 6: All right, Rick, well, thank you for that and thank you again.
Speaker 8: Not taking notes anyway, but sure I am. Well, well, we'll take notes of you in the postgame.
Speaker 4: Don't you talk?
Speaker 6: All right, and thank your good friend. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Great to see you back too, And I know Charlie Steiner is ecstatic to see me.
Speaker 6: I mean just looked at him, just waving his arms out.
Speaker 8: When you leave, he's gonna lock the door.
Speaker 6: All right, thanks, thanks, great to have you guys back in La. We back to you in the studio, Tim, all right.
Speaker 4: The Swan DV.
Speaker 3: Dodgers Baseball is presented by Uniclo Field at Dodgers Stadium. Visit uniflow dot com slash you still to come here on Dodgers on Deck before first pitch, we'll get you a preview tonight's pitching matchup. Rick will be back with Charlie. Look at you those keys of the game. But up next go Hi and Ty with Tay Oscar Hernandez. How's that hamstring doing? We'll find out from Tao next. She leads up to Dodgers and Rais on this Monday night.
Speaker 4: I'm Tim Kates. Is the back to back world Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Rays on this Monday night started a three game interleague series.
Speaker 11: Multiple oils will come to town this weekend.
Speaker 3: Eric Lawer Nick Martinez. The pitching matchup, First pitch coming up at seven to ten. Dodgers Baseball's brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio Broadcast. When it's game day, it's group day at Shakey's dot Com.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 4: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 5: All right, we're here with Andy Pie has his big brother, biggest fan, ta Oscar Hernandez Tayo. You saw the results first voting, and your guy, Andy Pie has leads all nationally outfielders and votes. How proud are you that fans are recognizing his season?
Speaker 14: I mean, first, I'm not surprised because of the work that he's been doing, especially that we have a lot of players now performing the word the way that we wanted to be performed. Some of them, including myself, are in the IL, but he's been doing great so far. He's been leaving the offense for us to be where we are right now, and so he deserves to be there. He deserves to be uh the number one center field for the all start and hopefully we can see him starting to feel.
Speaker 5: He doesn't do a lot of talking. That's why I'm coming to you. You're his campaign manager, right, you got to get the votes.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I'm I'm gonna go into my social media and then trying to put some special for him so the people can see him and everything that he's been doing fun for the team.
Speaker 5: You both have put in so much work. But the difference between you guys and others is this has lasted not just weeks, but months. How has he been able to keep it going for as long as he has?
Speaker 14: You know, he's more mature. He understands everything that has to do with a season better. His handle the struggles way better than last year or the year before that. And he just realizing the slums are gonna come back, games are gonna come so he just needs to stay focused and the things that he needs to do the things that he knows how to do and just believing himself.
Speaker 5: And go from the taoscar Hernandez is one of the greatest people you'll ever meet. We know the story of pot has his family, how they don't get to watch him play. You've been such a great support system for him. Is how has he handled all that to be able to just focus on baseball.
Speaker 14: I mean, when you have a person, when you have good people around you, I think it makes everything easier. He has a wonderful wife. I think that's one of the reasons he's been good dealing with those stuff, family stuff. I know it's hard to be away from from family. But at the same time, he's looking for for for one of the biggest things in his life, that he's become a superstar player. Uh, and he knows that. He knows that if he keeps going the way he's going right now, his family someday are gonna be good and they're gonna be together.
Speaker 5: So he plays it off that the All Star Game doesn't matter to him, But do you think it means a lot to him to make the team?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 14: I mean every player is you know, one of the dreams for all the rookie guys is one day to be in the All Star He wants to be there.
Speaker 4: He just not really.
Speaker 14: He don't likes to talk about it, but yeah, he he well, one of the things that he wants to to achieve is to be an All Star and be his stars in the field. But he's he's just more focused in the season than anything else.
Speaker 5: One last question about Tao. So you're out with a left hamstring, but you're moving around pretty good. Tayo, you got a pretty good sweat going on. I saw you moving pretty well out there. How you feeling feel really good right now?
Speaker 14: I've been running a lot lately, but thank god, the hamstring is is good. Nothing to worry about it. Hopefully I can be back in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 6: You think I could beat you in a race right now?
Speaker 4: I don't think so.
Speaker 14: I feel really good right now. So but yeah, if you feel uh them hamstream and everything that is going on is responding really good. So hopefully for this week. This week is a big one for me to start all like the Baseball TV the way you should do it in the game. So this is the week that we pushed to the max and see how it goes. If you need me, I'm available, Okay, I will, I will, Thanks Dale, thank you, thank you all.
Speaker 5: There he is Andy Pot has his campaign manager, ta Oscar Hernandez. He'll be celebrating Father's Day with his great family. And you can celebrate Dad at the Capitol Grill and Burbank with a Father's Day steakhouse experience built around dry age steaks, exceptional service, and a meal that feels truly special for pops. It's not too late to make your reservation. It's this Sunday, Tim, we'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 4: All right, Thanks a lot, DV. Thank you.
Speaker 3: Tay Oscar sounds like he's on the men and that is certainly good news. Leaning you up to first pitch Dodgers and Rays when we continue here on rogocause you know Dodgers on deck will dive deep into.
Speaker 4: This pitching matchup. Don't you go anywhere.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunters on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Rays on this Monday ninth first pitcher Uniclo Field, the Dodgers Stadium is coming up at seven to.
Speaker 1: Ten, and now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchouts brought to.
Speaker 4: You by your Toyota dealers.
Speaker 3: We make it eaz Nick Martinez on the mound for Tampa Bay six and two with a two forty three e R thirty five year old right hander, ninth season the Big leagues. Sandwich in the middle was four years that he's spent over in Japan pitching Rangers, Padres Reds, and now his first season with Tampa Bay. Fastball, sinker, curveball, change up cutter. Making his fourteenth start this year last time out seven innings, three runs, six hits, two strikeouts on a win over the red So this is his fourteenth appearance versus the Dodgers, three starts, ten relief appearances, four and two of the ten to fifty ER two to fifty ERA twenty eight strikeouts all the appearances, by the way since twenty twenty two, so they've seen him a.
Speaker 4: Lot in his career.
Speaker 3: Eric Lauer two and five with the five forty seven ERA thirty one year old left hander eight plus season is now in the Big leagues. Padres Brewers, Blue Jays and the Dodgers, making his four start for LA after being traded from the Blue Jays on May seventeenth for cash considerations. Since joining the Dodgers, one to zero and three starts with a two seventy six R with Toronto This year, well, I'll talk about a tail of two different seasons. He was one in five with the six sixty nine ERA in eight games. Go back to last year or they ad mid to the World Series.
Speaker 4: He was ninety to two during the regular season with the three eighteen R.
Speaker 3: Last time out, Eric Lauer pitched in Pittsburgh against the Pirates five and two thirty innings, two runs, three hits, two home runs, five strikeouts in a no decision. Eric Lower has faced the race eight times in his career. Five starts, he's one in three with a six ninety three RORA. He faced Tampa earlier this season as a member of the Blue Jays back on May fourth. He pitched into the fifth inning four and a third. He allowed three runs on five hits and a walk while striking out two and taking the loss.
Speaker 4: So a couple of veterans.
Speaker 3: Squaring off Eric Lower trying to pick up his second win as a member of the Dodgers again and one and oh in three starts with the two seventy six ERA. He's pitched well since coming over from the Blue Jays. Up against the veteran right hander Nick Martinez, who is having his best season in the big leagues at six and two with a sub three r Dodgers and the Tampa Bay Rays were fifteen minutes away from first pitch from Uniclowfield the Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 11: Keys to the game with Charlie and Rick are coming up next.
Speaker 4: Don't you go anywhere.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Kats's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers audio nowhere.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 3: Lead you up to first bitch from Unico Field, the Dodger Stadium, Dodgers and the Rays. Eric Lauer, the left hander, Nick Martinez, Venttion right hander squaring off. So get you ready for the start of the game with the Sapporos starts great moments. Start with Sapporo Beer. Whatever your taste preference. Sapporo has you cover with the variety of crisp and refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beers. Sopporo, good with sushi, great with baseball. Let's head back out to the booth one final time. Charlie steiner Rick Monday, guys.
Speaker 7: All right, Tim, We're ready to go the first of this three game series with the Rays Dodgers. Tonight will be sending Eric Wauer out to the Hills, his fourth start with the club. On the year a five forty seven ERA, but since coming to the Dodgers a two seventy six earned run average in sixteen and the third inning. Nick Martinez having a terrific season for the Rais.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Martinez six and two, and but on the road he's been even better, I mean one seventy five ERA when he's on the road. Eric Lower very quickly, you mentioned the fourth start wearing the Dodger uniform. You know when the starts that his hands is coming over to LA. He's allowed just a two zero three batting average against both of these pitchers tonight. Possessed very good change ships. They've been really good strikeout pitches for both of them. And if you look at Lower, his batting average against runners in scoring position is rather high. Lefties have hit over three hundred against him. If we look at Martinez, runners in scoring position barely a two hundred batting average against.
Speaker 7: But when he starts, the Rays are ten and three individually, he's six and two, so it's lower and Martinez in the first of this three game series, Dodgers and Rays in the first pitch coming up in just a bit.
Speaker 3: Alrighty, thank you, Charlie. Don't forget after the game. David Vasse got you cover with all the postgame activities and reaction and of course Dodger talk as well as we're keeping an eye on the NL West, the Dodgers ahead of the Padres and the Arizona Diamondbacks. Well, the Cardinals have already taken care of the Padres with a three to nothing to win. Keeping an eye on what's happening in Arizona. That game is underway. Second inning, Diamondbacks won, Angels won. So the Dodgers going into play tonight looking to pick up some ground on both the Padres and the Diamondbacks as they try to separate themselves in the National League Western Division. We got first bitch coming up, Eric Lauer, looking for his second win as a Dodger, making his fourth start, going up against the Tampa Bay Rays.
Speaker 4: Enjoy everybody. I'm Tim Kates.
Speaker 3: This has been Morogo Casino Dodgers on deck on your back to back World Series Champion Dodgers.
Speaker 4: Oh do you Network,