Speaker 1: This is Camp News with Chris Hockey, presented by the twenty twenty six IIHF World Junior Championship. That's right, the World Juniors coming to town. World Juniors m N two six dot com For tickets, folks. It is the best hockey tournament anywhere and it's in our backyard. So take advantage of that and uh, you know, get a good stocking stuffer of tickets. World Juniors m N two six dot com. In for Chris Hockey. I'm Zach Calverson. Good morning.
Speaker 2: Our top story.
Speaker 1: Minnesota cannabis dispensaries are running out of weeds.
Speaker 2: Several as your top story.
Speaker 1: Wow, several businesses are approved to operate but don't have enough supply to sell. Minnesota legalized recreational marijuan over two years ago. However, there isn't enough cannabis growing to support everyone's business despite the demand. Minnesota also has tribal compacts with three tribes, but there are tribal dispensaries on and off reservations that need supply.
Speaker 3: Is it because the demand is uptacked.
Speaker 2: Normal supply is down.
Speaker 1: No, it's because our state government has been grossly incompetent the entire time. We legalize this device as it says like two years ago and we are just getting dispensaries and now I guess we need to get suppliers too, and it's really stupid and the Office of Cannabis Management sucks.
Speaker 2: Sauce.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, do your best explain to the class the concept of supply and demand.
Speaker 1: Supplying demand would be let's say you have a product, like an Initials game that you were getting Initials game dot com.
Speaker 2: You an Initials game, yes, initials not the product. What's supplying demand?
Speaker 1: So supplying demand is something where you have you don't have enough of what you have, but we all want it.
Speaker 4: That's supply worth of demand. Bing gold bango. Let's go around the room. How do we feel that he did justin? Do you feel like that was an accurate description of supply and demand?
Speaker 5: One to.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to make fun of socks. I think sas is there you go.
Speaker 2: You know, it's lucrative to do.
Speaker 1: So, Yeah, wasn't that close supply if you don't have the supply, But there's what is supply like your product?
Speaker 2: What is demand wanting of that product? Yeah? Hey, plus, thanks so great to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thanks sure, not gonna go take each a business class at the U.
Speaker 2: I don't believe that he is. No, but that was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're doing great. Yeah, so uh not enough supply of weed. My guess is the demand pun intended is high?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, demand. I mean you only had over two years to figure this out. You just have to grow a bunch of I don't get a problem.
Speaker 1: Well no, because you can't just grow a bunch of weed, because you need to get license to grow a bunch of weed, and then the licensing takes forever, and you need to get all the proper stuff, and then the city government's getting away of that as well. So Albert Lee is tired of apparently weed down there too. So it's just it's so it's a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: We'll get your ass together, Albert Lee. Yeah, spring cross state boards. Yeah, smile, Oh my god, sorry to the stream or not.
Speaker 3: That's the lead story.
Speaker 1: That's his lead what everybody's talking about. Yeah, they're all fuming. All right, Well we continue here. Uh you like breaking Bad, right? Corey one of the all time great shows. I don't know how to say his name, but uh Walt Junior or j Mitta Midy or something like that m I T t E. I think, well, he's partnering with can Do Canines. Of course he's known from breaking bad, but he stopped by can Do Canines building a new hope to announce his partnership with the organization. Can Do Canines has provided over nine hundred assistance dogs to people with disabilities to date. Mobility assistant dog Tucker demonstrated what he has learned over the three year training process three years of training Wow to help out his new owner, Mitta, has cerebral palsy and said he's worked very hard to have the mobility he had today, but wants to help for those that need mobility assistance.
Speaker 4: So story number two wasn't about meth, but it was meth adjacent since it was breaking bad, so he led with weed and then followed it up with meth.
Speaker 2: But what's number three?
Speaker 1: The state is allowing Hannipen County to increase its jail population after a recent hiring spree. Last October, Minnesota Department of Corrections ordered the jail to reduce its population to less than six hundred inmates despite having the capacity for over eight hundred. However, the Kennepin County Jail is now fully staffed for the first time since twenty twenty by adding ninety nine new detention deputies. In fact, the jail is overstaffed by nearly fifty positions, but this was done in anticipation of workers who planned to retire soon.
Speaker 4: Man, what I wouldn't give to have Dove behind bar wide as you be rich. That means the heist has been pulled off and your family has been saved, and.
Speaker 2: Tommy is about to be a prison wife.
Speaker 4: I'll go, okay, I would you put your brother behind bars if you were able to be a billionaire with the bee.
Speaker 2: A billionaire? Well, you feel guilty, But how long have they the rest of their life? Ten years?
Speaker 4: In ten years, I mean, can my brother, My brother's a workaholic. Can he at least still work from prison? Can he just bring his laptop and still cut deals and stuff the jobs? I don't know, because then I'll give his boys a bunch of the money and then he can just keep his job going from prison.
Speaker 2: Deal, No ten years build up? You get a bill though.
Speaker 4: Ten years, but then zero work and he's got to go through the full prison experience.
Speaker 2: Yep. In what do you think you'd do it? I don't think so, I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: I would hope he would say no Dov, Yeah, oh, Dove would throw you in jail for a bill you do.
Speaker 3: But to know you have like three hundred mills sitting for you when you come out.
Speaker 4: It would be fantastic, Hey, sauce, if you go to jail for ten years, wait, if you go to jail for ten years because Dob throws you in there and he takes a billion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna take one for the team.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna help raise Linus and I'm gonna move him with Kel, and I'm gonna take care of your family.
Speaker 2: It's Louis. I'm gonna be like Chunk talking to Sloth and I'm gonna go.
Speaker 1: You're gonna live with me now because I love you. Just just hit me, is Kel, your beautiful wife. Yes, well, okay, do you.
Speaker 4: Know, just hit me.
Speaker 2: When Louis starts to playing, well, fantastic. But when Louis starts playing ball, he has to be number thirteen. Louis thirteenth would be nasty. Yeah, that's sick. Yeah, if they let you, if they let him, yeah, I didn't.
Speaker 1: I was allowed to be thirteen because they didn't print thirteen because of the bad luck in really that.
Speaker 4: White Beard, take it too much, Jared, They just don't understand numbers.
Speaker 2: They don't get it. They don't get it, white Bear. And finally, I mean passed the first round of the playoff. Oh wow, seriously did you guys make it second round of football?
Speaker 1: Yet?
Speaker 2: It's smart night, that's smart? Who they got tomorrow night? Great question?
Speaker 1: Details add Bear underscore football on Twitter, Zack, you should I should know that.
Speaker 2: I got to get back at probably somebody bad, right, yeah, probably white Bears second round?
Speaker 1: It might be a white parent. What is modam media facing? Oh boy, how'd they do against st last week? They got wikes, we got Highland Park. We're gonna whoop them, but the starters will be out by halftime. Fantastic.
Speaker 2: Well it was my squad I got Are you looking at a website that knows that quickly?
Speaker 1: When you say still around? My squad plays Farmington tomorrow? Oh it's my guy John's team. Yeah go Farmington. Yeah, yeah, squad plays Farmington.
Speaker 4: Huh yeah tomorrow. Can make a wager? And no, which one a Dina or Minnetaka? No, I don't care about Minnetaka squad. Yeah, I live like five miles feet from you.
Speaker 2: Guys are hideous. They're out two and seven. Jesus, you guys are you guys are playing South Saint Paul. It's over for you. What do you mean it's over? It's over, Johnny, stop Saint Paul. Are you ready for the Wildcats? The Packers are seven and one, the Wildcats the Bears got.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're talking. I'll take the Wildcats plus thirty. You give me Chicago in thirty.
Speaker 2: Yes. First, first, that's a lot of it's court, do it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: High school bats play the game play? Oh is any good?
Speaker 3: I lost a lot of clus games.
Speaker 2: Oh, this would be great. I love Look just in case anybody's listening, because this eventually will be in the deposition. I love betting on high school sports. Yeah, I get a rush. Hi, judge your honor, Minnetonkaka. I wonder if anybody from South Saint Paul can be bought. Oh boy, now you're going in the collusion.
Speaker 4: What if I say, hey, you know the scene that I best just bet Tommy, twenty of it is yours. If you take a fall in the fourth, Wow, twenty percent. All you whoops a little by thirty one. You got a win by thirty simple. Really it might be they're that bad. Yeah, come on, man, they've won two games. Yeah, they wont two games.
Speaker 3: They're terrible.
Speaker 1: Did we say who he Dinah's playing? Yeah, Farming. Yeah, Buddy's bit go Tigers. Yeah, speaking about tiers.
Speaker 2: Uh, Labor's not here. I asked, I told them last night. He died.
Speaker 3: I said, Ben, you got to stand Central time, wake up for the show, dude.
Speaker 2: He died.
Speaker 3: He said, no, I'm sleeping in.
Speaker 2: So so we went back and forth.
Speaker 3: Ben has crushing me. I think he's I think it's seven lucky seven one.
Speaker 4: Ude.
Speaker 5: Labor is taking number fifteen, Missouri at number ten. Vanderbilt Vanderbilt, Diego Pave is number four. I think right now in terms of the predictions for the Heisman Trophy, it's the first time since nineteen forty seven that Vanderbilt is number for ten in the country or in the top ten.
Speaker 2: College Game Day is going to.
Speaker 3: Nashville because of Vanderbilt.
Speaker 5: And when you and I'm going really deep here, I'm trying to find I'm using all I cannot go with any emotion. It's all with statistics in matchups versus top ten SEC opponents. Missouri is one in eighteen o one eighteen on the road fan, so he thinks his thought is Vanderbilt, which beat LSU last week thirty one twenty four. Vanderbilt's minus two and a half by the way to power trip bets. He just thinks it's a little bit of a look past being a really good Missouri team. So that is the marquee game in college football this week, and so I like the home field, Like I think this is a team that's trying to find their way into the college football playoffs in I think a lot of experts think Missouri is probably.
Speaker 3: Going to struggle to get in.
Speaker 5: But the SEC is deep and strong, and I think they have a chance, and they have the games in front of them. If they take care of business, you could have like an Indiana in a Missouri I mean teams are and I sorry, a Vanderbilt, I mean t two teams that were bottom of their conferences.
Speaker 3: Saying that in Indiana right now has as a first round by.
Speaker 2: There were a twenty five and a half point favorite against Paul And say, you know, you know what sucks about.
Speaker 4: That the most is it's just like whenever I say, Sauce, when you do this for one hundred thousand dollars, You're like, yep, what about nine hundred?
Speaker 2: No, well, I'm not doing it.
Speaker 4: Like the first offer is the best offer, right, The first one is the one that he takes at the time. I just threw out thirty. If I had said forty, you also would have taken it.
Speaker 2: Literally, I just a number that I thought was.
Speaker 4: So preposterous, and you said yes, And I'm like, oh man, I could have squeezed you for another ten.
Speaker 2: Damn it? Did you guys? See Penn State schedule the next two weeks? No, Ohio State, Yes, week number one? Indiana two. You're gonna get slaughtered. Six losses in a road dude, I was the favorite to be that.
Speaker 3: I think Penn I still think it's me real really, I think Penn State beats Indiana.
Speaker 5: I love the Fitzgerald idea. I mean, I think Fitzgerland is an amazing coach. He will find his way back into college. There's so many openings now, Florida's open.
Speaker 2: Who's the favorite for the Florida job?
Speaker 3: I think it's I think it's Jet Jet Fish from Washington.
Speaker 5: Jets Go Go, Go Go, Edie's great guy. He's at he's the head coach of Washington. He's got ties back to Florida. He's the early name for that Florida cool flash.
Speaker 2: Appreciate it man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, one last one, last bet Ye going Dakota Marker game this week?
Speaker 2: Who cares? Saturday Night?
Speaker 5: One versus two North versus South North Dakota State traveling to South Dakota State, North Dakota State Number one.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna take my I'm taking my home.
Speaker 3: Is it all right if I take my hometown NDS you buys in Fargo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hope they all die.
Speaker 3: Yea and Tommy, you take South Dakota State, just even up?
Speaker 2: Yeah, even up, they don't die. But yeah, you'll do it. Yes, I'll take South. Yeah.
Speaker 3: There you go, book it.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, see you next week. Right, Yeah, it's gonna be fantastic. Do you guys have so much fun this weekend? It's gonna be great. Go Gos. I think they I think they win and go South Palace, go South to state. Yeah, go Farmington, let's go. This is gonna be a great weekend. All right, guys, guys, all right.
Speaker 4: Ben Kastner, Minnesota's own Ben Castner joining in the second. We'll talk about some stand up comedy over the next couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: Sawso do sports in a little bit later.
Speaker 4: Tom Pelasero at some point about eight twenty or so thanks to Bell Bank, Chris Hockey at some point is supposed to be calling him from Los Angeles. Not sure when, but Ben Katzner after this, I'm the fan.
Speaker 2: Time now for the.
Speaker 4: Vikings Report, presented by Ivey, the official grocery partner of the Minnesota Vikings.
Speaker 3: Linebacker Jonathan Grenard joins the Power Trip next.
Speaker 2: Thanks to Ivy, Bonus Bucks is back on k F A n.
Speaker 1: We have nine chances for you to win one thousand dollars every weekday, that's every hour from nine am till five pm. To enter the keywords and learn more, just go to KFE dot com. Bonus Bucks is presented by two men and a junk truck. All right, welcome back to the Power True Morning Show. Special guest. Look, we love comedy.
Speaker 2: End this show.
Speaker 4: We've had tons of friends over the years in the Minneapolis slash Minnesota comedy scene.
Speaker 2: Whether it's Tommy.
Speaker 4: Ryman, Freaking cy Mary Mack who we love, I haven't seen Mary in a long time love Mary. She's technically from Wisconsin, but that count's great. We adopted her. Yeah, Now we love Kelsey and Chad. Of course they're the best. Speaking of Kelsey, a couple of weeks ago, Kelsey filmed or Special in Saint Paul. My neighbors Scooter and Fillatio came with Ange Allen Wittinsaw.
Speaker 2: I saw her Kelsey and opening up for Kelsey.
Speaker 4: He was a guy that some of you may be familiar with, Ben Katzner, who's also from Minnesota, and Ben joins us.
Speaker 2: Now, good morning, Ben, how are you o Oh? Thank you for having me. You absolutely crushed it. Thank you so much. You were awesome.
Speaker 4: I just told you off here that you're Idris el but Kevin James joke hit me right between the eyes and I laughed very hard.
Speaker 2: People that have seen your act probably are familiar with that joke. It was very funny. Ben. Where are you from.
Speaker 6: I'm from Albany, Minnesota. I don't know if you guys know where that is. Yeah, it's just a little bit past than Cloud so Albany. I've been doing comedy for how long? Been doing comedy over a decade, probably about twelve years. I think I just hit So how did you get into it? Just open mic, nice and piano bite, pettiness. Someone said I couldn't do it, and I said watch this baby, and.
Speaker 2: Then here here I am. So yeah.
Speaker 6: I think it was really just like a friend bet me I wouldn't do it, and I wanted to prove him wrong. You guys like betting, right, Well, yeah, I love it.
Speaker 1: It's the best You've been here twenty minutes and your real lifestyle bad again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, so ten thousand laughs. Festival, though, is happening. Our trip was supposed to have a show last night. Long story didn't work out. Long story why it didn't work, But not the end of the world. Oh but I'm still glad you were going to be a part of that show. But even bigger for you than that is tomorrow night. One of the headliners of the festival is a former SNL cast member, Leslie Jones, And you're opening for that's correct.
Speaker 2: I'll be one of the openers. And yeah, I'm one of the.
Speaker 6: Co producers of the festival. This is our thirteenth year doing it. It's gonna be a big weekend. If you like comedy. This is the place to be. We have Leslie Jones who got Hannibal Burst. We got a bunch of locals, nationals, everything. This is the time to come check out comedy in Minneapolis. Fantastic. Where's the show? The Leslie Jones shows at the Pantagous and then Hannibal will also be the Pantages the next day. We have shows at Sissyphis Brewing. We have shows at Brixworth Bruco. All honestly, it's all over. We have like these don't tell shows that are secret pop up shows. So check out the website ten thousand laps dot com. They have like all the venues and everything. But yeah, there's a lot going on, a lot.
Speaker 2: Of moving parts. Yea, that's sweet. It's a lot of comedy, a lot of options though.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe you don't want to do like some pre Halloween weekend before party, go see some stand up comedy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can wear a costume. I'm not going to stop you know whatever. You need to do. Dress up as adrib or Kevin James, and your wife will be all over him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, if you want to ruin my marriage, dress up Kevin James, that's awesome.
Speaker 4: All right, So you ripped the band aid off based on a bed. Yeah, I started doing open mics. Where did you open mics?
Speaker 6: I started in Sant Cloud. I don't know how much how familiar you are with like the Sterns County region. What you do shows up the red carpet, Yeah, yeah, so Red Carbon I've done shows at. I'll also shout out to Adrian Washington if you don't know him. He's incredible.
Speaker 2: It's the best.
Speaker 6: He's like the dawn of Sant Cloud comedy. But really I started at like this place called drum Runners. It was notoriously known for like serving miners in the floors and they're like floors being sticky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I never asked a terrible combination good. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think it burned down. I don't think it exists anymore. But that's where I started. There was just a guy who was like, you know, I came to watch a show and it's like I'd like to try, and he's like, why don't you come here next week?
Speaker 2: He just didn't care. And that's where I got my start.
Speaker 6: And I just started meeting people from Minneapolis, and eventually you learn, you know, maybe Saint Cloud, Lord Love, it is not the place to is in a bastion of stand up comedian for a lot of people to like try, Uh, why don't you try Minneapolis?
Speaker 2: You know? And then I started coming here and it's been incredible ever since. I really enjoyed. So would you start poking around here?
Speaker 4: Did you Act Me Open Mike Nights or how do you get your Minneapolis start?
Speaker 6: Did the act Me Open Mike House of Carey terrifying or not? I mean, it's just like everything there, it's such a beauty. It's one of the best clubs in the country. But your first time on stage there it might as well be like a work camp or something. You're nervous, your sweating, You're worried that everybody hates you. You're like, if I do bad, they're gonna put me in a dark closet. I don't know what's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: You. Did you bring a bunch of friends to to help boost the laughs or how that work? The first time? I think I did bring some friends. You know, you bring friends, you bring like exes. You're like, hey, I've been thinking about you. Why don't we meet up at Act Me and see what happens? X is at a co comedy show? Interesting?
Speaker 6: Oh, people were comedians are savages. They'll you know, they'll hop in like tinder grinder or something to be like, Hey, I would love to meet up. Why don't you meet me at the House of Comedy in the Mall of America at eight pm on Wednesday?
Speaker 2: Zach you falling for that trick?
Speaker 1: Saw too many times and comedy show. I knew he was familiar. Yeah, all right, So how long do you think it took you to have quote an act? How long do you does it take to find a voice?
Speaker 2: I mean, you watch me, so I don't think I'm there yet, you crush.
Speaker 4: I'm not just saying that. I and I thought the crowd in general felt like I was at the late show. I don't know if the early show went better or worse, but I thought you had the night show and the palm of your hands for the entire said it was awesome.
Speaker 2: Thanks man. He's a tough critic too, Yeah, I mean that, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: And also it's hard when everybody there is there for a special taping, right, We're there to see Kelsey put on a show that's worthy of being recorded. So the job of an opener for a special and I'm not to explain this to you. You understand this. You're in the industry. That's gotta be extra pressure because it's like you got to set the table for her to knock it out of the park. Not just like, hey, cool, I get to open for Leslie Jones and let's see what happens. This is if I bomb and the vibe is bad, then Kelsey's got to really kill it and something that's going to live in in for me because she's gonna get recorded. Like that's a big time spot for you to not fail. And you absolutely crushed it.
Speaker 2: Thanks. I'm glad I didn't talk to you before the show. Yeah, there is. Let me ask you.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna I have to ask you this question. As an audience member at a special taping, did you feel that energy?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? Yeah, because.
Speaker 4: You want to laugh, because you want to support. You're there to make sure the special is as good as possible.
Speaker 2: So sure. In fact so.
Speaker 4: Martie Gellner, who's on this show a couple of times a week, was at the early show and she said that her and the ladies that she went with sat next to the microphones in the balcony.
Speaker 2: Oh no, yeah, she.
Speaker 4: Said they they were over the top laughing for two reasons, to be supportive, but they also were trying to laugh distinctly just in case they could hear themselves.
Speaker 2: Laughing on the special. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I wasn't anywhere near a microphone, but I think people subconsciously say, I have to laugh louder and harder to make sure it sounds good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So the trick really is every show I should be like, hey, this is a special tape. Yeah, correct, bring it.
Speaker 4: Que microphones all across the Rose. Yeah no so I no, I thought it was a super good setup. Put it on a platter for her. The weird part for a special taping, if you guys have not been to one, I'm not talking to Ben You've been funny is the like that awkward sixty second transition where you have to explain, okay, here's what's about to happen. Can you tell people that have not been to a special what that transition is like.
Speaker 2: And what what occurs? Yeah, so there's a multiple stuff.
Speaker 6: We didn't do this as much with Kelsey, but sometimes there's also these things called pickups. I was just talking about this to a friend yesterday, where if you flob a line or whatever, you go, hey, guys, I'm just gonna do it over.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 6: So there's all this like behind the curtain stuff, so you have that, then you have the thing. So I go up and then they're like, all right, after you're done, you're gonna you need to tell the audience exactly what's gonna happen, Like they just forget that you're all normal human beings and that you know that I'm not the only act. Like, you know, Kelsey's coming out. It's a Kelsey Cook comedy special. But they're like, tell the audience that it's gonna be thirty seconds. There's gonna be a guy who's gonna adjust the microphone, and then she'll come out, and when she comes out, they need to laugh. I'm like, they know all of this stuff, but they tell you, and then that's when you start getting in your head. I told Kelsey this, and like, first of all, I need to say, she crush you were there, she brushed it. I've seen a little bit of it, and I don't know, so, I said, but I've seen a little bit of it. It looks beautiful and like she's so funny, Like you have to check out the special when it comes out. But I they get so like granular, insular, whatever the word is. Where there was a point where they were rehearsing Kelsey walking out and there and again they're doing their jobs. This is what they're supposed to do. But as a comedian you're like, this is a little too much where they're like, okay, so when you come out, are you gonna wait with your left hand or your right hand? Do you want to like look at the crowd or do you want to like do both hands or whatever? And I'm sitting I'm sitting in the shadows being like just like a dance mom being like you know the answer, you got it?
Speaker 2: How much you want?
Speaker 6: You know, because like they want to make sure everything looks good on film. They want to make sure that she's comfortable and then pocket in the moment. But there there is a lot of extra pressure just because and especially when it's at a theater. A theater is another thing because theaters are they're incredible places to perform, but they're more serious. You know, we have a call time at a theater. You know, I'm like I do basement bar shows, you know what I mean, Like call time. I just have to make sure I'm awake when this happens.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: You've done shows, it plays in places in St. Cloud that have birds in the ground.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm like, I'm sorry, I didn't realize this was a non sticky floor establishment.
Speaker 2: You know, it was rum runners, right, trying to explain this.
Speaker 4: So just more to the point of what you're saying is think about this, fellas he So Ben's job is to, obviously, as a stand up comedian, walk off on a high.
Speaker 2: And be hot. Yeah, and be hot, thank you.
Speaker 4: So you you have to crush that last joke to get people to go, you know, give you an ovation. It's so awkward when you crush it and then stand there and essentially wait for the applause to end and go.
Speaker 2: Okay, now I have instructions.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's not It's not the most fun to walk off to a series of instructions for a special but it's a special taping.
Speaker 2: It's better after, I would say, because like so for this Lesza jonestow.
Speaker 6: Because I'm a I'm a producer on the festival, I have to read like some announcements beforehand. I have to be like, hey, thanks for our sponsors for this, and then I have to be like, so my wife thinks I'm a comedy you know, I have to get into all this weird stuff. So but my job as the opener is like to make to set it up for the headliner. I'm glad to do that. I've worked with Chad before, I've worked Kelsey. I've worked with a bunch of different people, and I love working with people. I love seeing how they operate. I love seeing the different kinds of things. Like that special taping was incredible to see, first of all Kelsey's work ethic, but also just like the stuff that goes into it. Like I've never taped a special at a theater show. I have a special that's on YouTube for free that I taped at Sissyfice that you should check out.
Speaker 2: But uh, what's it called. It's called Supple Harlot. That's what it's called. So just look just find it under your name.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you can search Benkats near Supple Harlotte on YouTube and it's all out there, and it's k A t U z n E.
Speaker 2: That is correct.
Speaker 6: Yeah, traditional spelling, thank you suh. But yeah, it's uh, there's so much that goes into it. I told Kelsey a one point. I'm like, it's like a it's like a funeral and a wedding combined watching this where it's like everyone was so hushed and quiet when we walked in, and I'm like, this is a comedy show. You were allowed, you know, like make some jokes and have fun. So to see all the like that we're able to still entertain after all that kind of like weird mental hurdles getting over all that stuff was awesome.
Speaker 2: It was awesome to watch her. So I'm so glad that you had a good time.
Speaker 4: Give me a give me a handful of like under the radar names that are going to be in town the next you know, four two hours check out that maybe we haven't heard.
Speaker 6: Of absolutely So I don't know. So she's on the show wilding Out, but Mattie Smith, she's out of New York City. She's one of the funniest people I know. I used to live in New York so I did comedy there and met her there. Incredible, Like that's a show you're gonna want to go see. We have a bunch of different showcases, so we have like locals on so like let's say, if you're like Pearl Rose she's a great comedian around here, Like she'll be hosting a showcase that has a bunch of locals nationals. I'm trying to think here, you guys mentioned Mary mac and she's the best.
Speaker 1: Mary.
Speaker 6: Mary has a show she does her like North Star Comedy Hour and it's part supper club, part like wait, wait, don't tell me, part just Wisconsin craziness.
Speaker 2: And I've done it before.
Speaker 6: And that is a show. It's at the Granada Theater in Uptown tomorrow. Let me mis mak sure that I know at the time. It's at seven tomorrow. I think, sorry, eight pm tomorrow, and like that's one you gotta go check. She's such a crusher, she's the best. Yeah, yeah, we've got we seen her in Forever, get her in.
Speaker 2: She's so good.
Speaker 4: Should we call her get her We're in Vegas unfortunately tomorrow otherwise. Yeah, but uh man, Mary uh one of my all time fishing She's awesome.
Speaker 6: She's, you know, just this tiny, frail woman who has the funniest like northern Wisconsin accent, and.
Speaker 2: Just powerhouse when it comes to comedy.
Speaker 6: We've got comrade Trip, who's incredible comedian. I think locally, a lot of people know him and like a is blowing up online. Sam Schedler another one of those people who is like newer to comedy in Minneapolis, but like do is opening for a lot of people. I'm sure we'll be filming a special here within the next you know, five years or whatever. So there's a bunch of people. It's highly worth it. You can check out the website, you'll see some names you recognize. But here's what I'm gonna say. We also have a bunch of showcases where you're gonna be like, I don't really know if I know any of these people. You know, like, oh, like there's no Chad, there's no whatever. I promise you the people we've had this every year that I've been part of this. The people that are on this go on to do like the things you're like, well that guy I saw him. I saw that guy at Sissyphis, I saw that person at you know whatever, and like come to these shows. Come to the showcases. There's awesome comedians from across the country coming today.
Speaker 4: You know the We talk about this all the time on the show Sauce about how like once you get to our age.
Speaker 2: We're in our mid forties, I don't have time for opening bands.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like when I go to I just don't When I go to concerts, I want to see the band that I'm paying to see. I don't want to you know, have inconvenience is when it comes to parking and I want to be home in a reasonable hour.
Speaker 2: I'm getting older, getting lame.
Speaker 4: Comedy is different, though, because you don't have to put up with a band you don't like for forty five minutes.
Speaker 2: These are like five or seven minutes sets. So like, I like the idea.
Speaker 4: I would much rather sit through five unknown comics versus five unknown bands. I ain't got time for that anymore. Correct, But comedy is so much faster. There's not a thirty minute set change. You just passed the mic to the next person and when you see if you like the next one, that's what.
Speaker 2: Just move on with your life.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 6: You can you can hate someone for five to seven minutes and then love the next person exactly and you'll be fine. You know, you want to go get a beer, you want to go smoke whatever, to go do that, that's fine. But like I promise you, just because like we worked really hard on selecting these people and we have I think in total it's probably over sixty. And then we'll have like some disuping people and all this sort of stuff. So like, I promise you you will like the most of the people you see, and if you don't, don't tell me about it.
Speaker 2: I don't care. Okay, So is your only show the one? Though with Leslie you're not going to stand alone somewhere. So I'm not doing a stand alone this year. I guess you know I don't value me enough. But do you say you help put the festival together? Yeah, you'd say yourself, look your own show. You know what you're new, you're my agent. Now that's a good point. It's like, yeah, I play Vowels in sant Cloud, just sell it out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, if I'm going to Valels, I'm I'm not gonna make it on stage. I'm eating burgers in the shout out to vals.
Speaker 2: Good poll. That's owithstanding. Yeah. Now I'm going to go drive. I'm skipping the festival.
Speaker 6: I'm going to exactly but no so, but I'll pop on a bunch of different shows and then like you know, you can also I'm a like I'm in town now. I moved back from New York. We're coming up on two years, so I'm making sure to be here more. I'm at act me a bunch as a host and all this other stuff I put on. You know what, I'll tell you if it's okay to say, if you do want to see me or want to see more of my friends, that I do a home for the holiday show, the like Black Friday weekend of Thanksgiving. So I think it's like the twenty seventh, twenty eighth or twenty eighth to twenty ninth Friday Saturday. We're doing six pm shows. They're going to sell out. So like that's at Sissyphis Brewing. That's tickets are online for that already. So if you want to come see me, I'm around. Don't you worry about me. But this weekend isn't about me. I'm just I'm just here to look pretty right. Yeah, Ben, awesome meeting you again. I thought you were fantastic a couple of weeks ago. Good luck with the festival.
Speaker 4: Where can people find you on social media if they want to start learning about your comedy.
Speaker 6: You can find me at Shaq Katzner Shack like the basketball player Katzner katz n e r and then if you like podcasts, I also have a podcast called troll Hole, who I do with my buddy Mike Lester, who is a very funny local comedian here who you guys would love. I know you, I've seen it, I know Mike. Okay, yeah yeah, so like so we we have a podcast there. You should check that out as well. And yeah, I'm around just dm me. I'll do a birthday party. I'll do a corporate I don't care. I need money, So what do you need?
Speaker 2: I got you. I'll show feet, cut me off.
Speaker 1: You might get some man, might get some responses, Zach, he said, I'll show feet and troll Hole in about thirty.
Speaker 4: Ben, nice meeting you man, Thanks for having me. Sauce your hands up. We have major, massive, breaking NBA news.
Speaker 2: We just do it now.
Speaker 1: Every Rosier was arrested this morning, uh part of a FBI sports betting investigation. Chauncey Billups has been arrested by the FBI for alleged illegal gambling.
Speaker 2: Damn all right, all of this is breaking, right, Unbelievable arrests.
Speaker 1: Are anticipated to come, and there's a press conference coming up at nine are our time with FBI Director Cash Bettel, who will announce the rest of the arrests, as well as more details on this apparent FBI sports betting gambling probe.
Speaker 4: So, you know, try to do a special after that transition, right right, that's the equivalent of Ben going, here's the instructions. Now here's Kelsey.
Speaker 2: It's hard. Yeah, how we follow that, Ben? Thanks man, good to see.
Speaker 4: You all right, Vikings News in a second, we'll follow that breaking NBA story. At some point, Chris will be calling from Los Angeles. We'll have dot com Tom Tom Pelasero later in the eight o'clock hour, and Saw said a fifty one percent chance that his comedian friend joined at some point if he walks across the street.
Speaker 1: Yeah, still I haven't heard from him, so less than fifty one. Probably it's fading, but you never know. Again, he's probably still sleeping.
Speaker 2: This is the Power Trip morning, Joe on the Fan. That's crazy.
Speaker 3: Takes time for Vikings Us on the Power Trip, presented.
Speaker 1: By some more details look at the Vikings News in a moment. But on that Chauncey Billups arrest. ABC News reporting that Chauncey Billis has been charging an illegal polker operation tied to the Gaelphia.
Speaker 6: What.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were just talking about the story of the break. Didn't Chauncey Billups just go into the Hall of Fame four? He's got tons of money. Yeah, what is he doing with mob ties? Yeah? I guess poker ring As of now, it doesn't have anything to do with the NBA. That's what this is.
Speaker 1: It also says Rosier is also charging a separate but related illegal gambling case. So turns out among six people charged Thursday with turning professional basketball into a criminal gambling operation by using inside information to place unlawfable wagers.
Speaker 2: So it sounds like Rosier is is this is the whole thing.
Speaker 1: But Rosier is more tied to the basketball side, where apparently Billups is more the poker operation.
Speaker 2: So let's go all the way back.
Speaker 4: This is kind of for me, and I told you so a moment way before professional teams were in Las Vegas, there were people that would say on talk radio or even in articles on ESPN or side, they'd be like, we can't put professional teams in Las Vegas because then the mob or the mafia will get to those players.
Speaker 2: And I used to say, you don't think the mob can get to people in other cities. Like that's just to me.
Speaker 4: That never made sense that, like, well, they're right, they're gonna go walk right down the street and they'll walk up to him and be like, I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: Place a bed and I'm gonna do this.
Speaker 4: The guy's the head coach of the Portland Trailblazers. He has tens of millions of dollars. He's in the NBA of the Pro Basketball Hall of Fame. And if they got to him, they got to him. You don't have to be based in Vegas. No, they can get to you anywhere. That never made sense to me at all. Marry Rogier has played for what Boston, Charlotte. I think he's all over.
Speaker 2: He's in Miami now nowhere near Las Vegas, Nevada.
Speaker 1: No, the mob travels this. They have a lot of Delta miles. Yeah, of course they do. Yeah, yeah, oh yeah, they're a million milers.
Speaker 2: So I'm reading the.
Speaker 4: Story that's on ESPN dot com and they're talking about how John J.
Speaker 2: Porter, guy from the Raptors that got popped a couple of years ago. He is awaiting sentencing.
Speaker 4: In December, Porter pleaded guilty to conspiracy charges In admitted in court to manipulating his performance in two games during the twenty three slash twenty four season. A lot of the apps, the DraftKings of the World, FanDuel, stuff like that. Remember, there was pressure after this to squash a lot of the player props.
Speaker 2: Yes, correct, because that's so much easier.
Speaker 4: To manipulate than an over under or a winner or a loss, because that's a team maybe tanking.
Speaker 2: But players can say.
Speaker 3: Hey, there's no way I'm gonna get five rebounds.
Speaker 2: I'll make sure I don't get five.
Speaker 4: Right whatever, I probably won't even play, So there was a lot of pressure to not do that. I would argue it's swung significantly the other way. Now you have those predictive oh markets where you can bet on everything. Cybridark made fun of it a couple of weeks ago. So now instead of moving away from player property, it looks it looks like all of these services. I think DraftKings just announced a couple of days ago they're getting into that predictive market.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bit, there's going to be more of that, not less.
Speaker 4: So I don't think this is the end of a whole bunch of people taking falls on the individual level. I'm just surprised. It's people like Terry Rogier. He's in the final year of a four year, ninety six million dollar deal. This isn't Jontay Porter, who was making like I think NBA minimum, which is a lot of money for the rest of us, but the thirteenth guy in a bed, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Rogier's got one hundred million dollars. What are you doing?
Speaker 1: Like if it's the guy making you know, the league minimum in the NHL, totally understand you need to put food on the tape, but yeah, the NBA, you shouldn't be doing that.
Speaker 2: You're making fifteen million just to sit on the bench. I don't get it. I don't either. It's unbelievable crazy. So yeah, we'll learn more at nine am.
Speaker 1: What's more preposterous these guys gambling where they could just simply go to a casino and gamble, or Tommy taking the Gophers straight.
Speaker 2: Up this case. Yeah, yeah, this is workh man. That sucks, man. I isn't Chauncey Billups like universally love doesn't dude? Yeah, Denver Native.
Speaker 1: Obviously went through the Colorado system, and though it's going to go through the legal system, how about that.
Speaker 2: Especially when the FBI is involved. It's grease and they've called a press conference. Correct, what'd you say? Nine am?
Speaker 1: So I'll learn I would imagine more details then, but uh and they said, I guess, I mean multiple rests. So but what we know is Billups and Rosier. I don't know if there's gonna be more notable names among the other four.
Speaker 4: But apparently there was an FBI task force put together led by Tom Brandis of Pennsylvania.
Speaker 2: Man, Anthony, were there? You finished it?
Speaker 4: Right? Did you watch the last night, Zachary? You already finished? Parish was the one that was still one episode?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: He cry? Cry? Did you cry? I did not?
Speaker 4: But man, that was so close an A plus performance in the there was internal emotions, not external tears, which for me as a robot, that that was the max level of emotion.
Speaker 2: I sobbed and then I sobbed, retelling what happened to Kelly like six hours later? Yeah, but you're an emotional mess, sobbed? Oh yeah, oh yeah, I was crying last night to Dan Ackroyd's Yes, what's it called? I Am? I like me?
Speaker 1: The His eulogy of John Candy is heart taking, unbelievably well written. Oh my god, it's maybe the one of the best speeches ever. And it's a eulogy about John Candy. I'm getting emotional this thing.
Speaker 2: It's a heave crt Let's see if we can keep talking about him?
Speaker 1: Makes that cry? Why don't we just play it? It's a heave cry. And then the one at the end where yes, Catherine O'Hara eulogizes killed. Yeah, I hope if I ever have a eulogy, but me, I hope it's well written too. If you ever have a eulogy, you know, well you're alone. Are you gonna die?
Speaker 2: Yeah? That's sad. I won't find out. Yeah, I hope not. You won't sech. He just goes full on hermit mode of his life, passes away in some cave. No bathtub, Oh well, I mean a bathtub. It does not, But I don't know.
Speaker 1: Actually I might do this old twenty bucks trick, trying to get myself an upgrade.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he has this place, got a new bathtubs.
Speaker 4: Hey, I'm just scrolling these stories as they keep coming out here. I get Terry Rosier and Chauncy Phillips. Do we have any other names connected to these two? Any other NBA names that are so far in this or is it just the two so far that's just tooo yeah and uh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what a bad few hours for a chancey pllops just gets run by. I shouldn't have Yeah, yeah, I mean you might be connected. Now, how about this for some Vikings bits. Rap sheet just said on the NFL network Joe Alt is expected to play the charger for the Chargers. Running back Aaron Jones has a realistic chance of playing.
Speaker 2: This is not good.
Speaker 1: Vikings left tackle Christian Darisaw has significant soreness in his knee.
Speaker 2: Seems like he may not go. What's going on with Darris? I don't know. That sucks damn Yeah, they need him.
Speaker 1: And O'Neill was basically was I think, Yeah he was limited all week or he did not practice Monday and Tuesday was limited yesterday. He's questionable, so they might again be without their bookend tech.
Speaker 4: How much would I have to pay you to make you go as April O'Neil for Halloween from the Ninja Turtles Pull your hands up April O'Neil would have a thousand per Yeah, she was animated, but she was so smoke show he's seen it.
Speaker 2: Sau same similar question.
Speaker 1: How much would I have to pay for you to go as Shaquille O'Neill for Halloween this year?
Speaker 2: You question? Yeah, uh, that's bother so so April O'Neil. Probably fifty bucks.
Speaker 4: Oh I have to pay more than that, Yeah, especially if I get to decide how far down that zipper.
Speaker 1: Wow, well if you can try to suit large enough to fit these jugs, whether's that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Man, you know whatever.
Speaker 4: I'm terrible at sports betting, but I don't feel great about the Vice game tonight.
Speaker 1: I don't have a bad feeling about the especially two tackles are out that's tough. Feels like this is one of those like just kind of get through it. Have that extended by the way they were talking with McCarthy and how if you know he was if the game was on Sunday, that he'd be available. I just I feel like they might be just kind of looking past us right now. And yeah, I mean Recess Chargers are only three and a half point favorites.
Speaker 2: They're banged up as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, their offensive line is banged up. They don't really have a pass rush. I think Khalil Mack is back. Yeah, that that team got run over by the Colts last week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's uh, I don't know, as I'm watching the scroll here on ESPN and again Heat guard Terry Rogier and Blazer's head coach Chauncey Billups. The rest of this morning is a part of a n FBI sports betting investigation. This is just mebi and forty five years old and living in Minnesota since the second I was born. Ye, I'm shocked there's not a wolf involved. I mean, I know Chauncey's a former wolf, but I'm talking about corn No.
Speaker 1: I'm just we're probably on the plane the team playing when Chauncey got arrested, so there might be some you.
Speaker 2: Know what I'm saying. Back to back Western Conference finals.
Speaker 4: We're on the brink of something special if we can just get one more step forward.
Speaker 2: This is normally when Minnesota sports goes.
Speaker 4: South, and you know, Aunt or Randall or Gobet or somebody is a part of this and then it's just over.
Speaker 1: I mean, how is this not us no offense to the rest of them, as long as it ain't ant. I mean, honestly, what if it's Finch that would suck? You mean Chris Nelson, Christ Nelson Yeah, arrested, not like detained or questioned FBI.
Speaker 2: Chauncey Billuffs is arrested by the FBI. What a sentence. What a sentence? What a world we live in? What a world? What a world? Sports?
Speaker 4: When we come back, Tom Pellisaro should join in about twenty minutes and saus I have a question for you. Yes, sir, I want you to decide when we do this. Yesterday I was scrolling Twitter and it appeared that you were about to watch Chad Powers. I'm going to assume that you did.
Speaker 5: I did.
Speaker 2: We haven't talked about it yet. Yeah, that means one of two things.
Speaker 4: It was either epically good and you can't wait to tell Chris when he maybe calls in, or.
Speaker 2: It's the opposite. We can talk about it whenever you want. Well, it's up to you. You want to talk about when we get back. Yes, Oh, okay, Powered your morning? You after this? I'm the fan,