Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball. One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball. Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 2: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 3: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can they print money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 4: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 2: Now your pregame host of the world champion LA Dodgers, tam Cats.
Speaker 6: Hi, everybody, and welcome in two Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck on this Friday night, May twenty ninth. You're a Los Angeles Dodgers, thirty six and twenty on this season, first place at top of the NL West, four and a half games up in the division after a sweep of the Rockies to start the homestand the Dodgers now have won five in a row, nine of their last eleven with the homestand continuing tonight with the first of three against the Philadelphia Phils. It's Alex Vesi a bobblehead night for the first forty thousand in attendance. Justin Robuski on the mound, first pitch from Uniclo Field, that Dodger Stadium is coming up at seven to fifteen.
Speaker 4: Between then and.
Speaker 6: Now, we got a lot to get to here on Marango Casino, Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts coming up in about forty five minutes. As David Vasse sits down with the Dodgers skipper, we'll dive deeper into this great pitching matchup with Justin Robleski and Zach Wheeler going at it. We'll also check in with DV. Of course, throughout the hour, we'll hear from Freddie Freeman. We got your Otani rewind, we got your Dodgers magical moment, all that's coming up, and of course we'll check in with Charlie Steiner and Rick Monday out the galpin Ford Broadcast booth in just a couple of minutes.
Speaker 4: Well, the Dodgers were off yesterday before that.
Speaker 6: In action on Wednesday night at the Ravine, it was show Hey Night, Otani the pitcher and Otani the hitter on the mound. Show Hey didn't have his best control, but still good enough to navigate his way through six innings. He threw ninety nine pitches, only fifty six for strikes. He allowed us one run, not giving up a hit. None he walked for but also struck out seven along the way. Show Hey Otani the hitter, provided the run support early leading off the bottom of the first with the solo shot to center, his ninth of the year, Otani's twenty eighth career leadoff home run in fourth this season. The Dodgers the early one to nothing lead, and they weren't done in the bottom of the first two batters later, Freddy Freeman.
Speaker 7: You'll swing and hit went a long way to left. This ball heading back to the wall.
Speaker 1: This ball's gone home.
Speaker 7: Run Freddy Freeman, two nothing Dodgers. A three hundred and seventy.
Speaker 8: Fourth career home run.
Speaker 7: For Freeman, his seventh season that the Dodgers.
Speaker 8: Are playing long ball against the Rockies.
Speaker 6: Early solo blast for Fredy Freeman his seventh of the season. Dodgers took a two to nothing lead in the fourth. Otani the pitcher, gave up a run on a RBI ground out that tied the game at won, but that was it. The Dodgers quickly got that run back in the bottom of the inning. I Sung Kim a two outside then Will Smith the doubled the left runners on second and third, two down, Alex Call up to bat. He delivered with a single to left scoring Kim Smith was thrown out at the plate trying to score, but the Dodgers took a.
Speaker 4: Three to one lead.
Speaker 6: Then in the eighth, the Dodgers tacked on one more thanks to Andy Pajz, who continues to have an All Star season.
Speaker 8: Pio Rips went down the left field line.
Speaker 7: That ball is gone over the short wall to the right of the foul pole. Oh a rocket, A frozen rope by Andy Piez for a home run number thirteen and his major league leading fiftieth run batted in.
Speaker 8: It is four to one Dodgers.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna got out of here like a bolt of lightning.
Speaker 6: Solo home run for Pajz, his thirteenth of the season, RBI number fifty for the Dodgers center fielder. Get this guy to the All Star Game already, And that is the top tier play of the game, brought to by Arco quality, top tier gas for less Dodgers. At four to one lead, show Heyo Tani, the pitcher with the six innings, turned it over to the bullpen with a no hitter. Going, We'll climb pitch the seventh no hits put up a zero in the eighth that belonged to Tanner Scott. He did give up a single to rite no hitter over, but he would put up a zero on the scoreboard. The ninth went to Kyle Hurt, who put up a zero ballgame over. Dodgers beat the Rockies on Wednesday, four to one. Show Hey the win, Tomojoku Sigano gets the loss. Dodgers sweep Colorado. They've now won five in a row, nine of their last eleven. Their lead in the division has swelled to four and a half games over the Diamondbacks and Padres. After a day off yesterday, Dodgers back at it tonight, the start of a three game weekend series against the Philadelphia Phillies. Justin Robleski on the mount in the opener, first pitch at seven to fifteen on alex Vesia Bobblehead Night, and with more, let's head out to the gallupin Ford broadcast booth as we say hello to Charlie Steiner and Rick Monday.
Speaker 4: Guys, All right, tim.
Speaker 9: After the off day, the Dodgers begin a three game series with the Phillies, who will turned things around after a rotten start. Meanwhile, the Dodgers keep rolling along at thirty six and twenty four and a half games in front of San Diego and Arizona, beginning to establish the space between.
Speaker 4: First and second place.
Speaker 9: The Phillies, off to the very slow start, have turned things around under Don Maddings.
Speaker 3: Boy have they ever turned things around, in particular on the road, where they've won now ten of the last eleven, including seven in a row. Yes, they trail Atlanta by eight and a half games in the Nashley Eastern Division, but they're feeling good about themselves. And why not not only winning ball games in the manner in which they're winning based around some pitching to begin with. And speaking of pitching, the Dodgers not bad either in that department. But this Dodger ball club, Charlie. Unfortunately, the injury bug hits yet again. On Wednesday, ti Oscar Hernanas had to leave the left hamstring. He goes on the injured list. Ryan Ward has called up for the second time. Hayesan Kim another move is sent to Triple A and Santiago Espinol, who went on the DFA list just a few days ago, did clear waivers reclaimed by the Dodgers, and he's.
Speaker 4: In uniform for the series.
Speaker 9: He went from DFA to welcome back. Tonight's pitching matchup Justin Robleski, who got off to the terrific start first five starts in an e orf does a shadover a half a run going against Zach Wheeler four and on on a one and two thirds er.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and for Verbleski, just trying to get back on track the first couple of innings. We'll talk about it a little bit later on in the pregame show. Last couple of innings have been problematic for him early in the ballgame, so we'll find out about Rableski. Trust your stuff and when he is on, he does not give up too many base hits.
Speaker 9: Wheeler turns thirty six tomorrow, thirteen and two thirds consecutive shutout innings for that big right hander. As we get ready for the first of this three game series. Much more on the pregame ahead, including lineups in first pitch.
Speaker 8: Back to you now, Tim, all.
Speaker 6: Right, thank you Charlie Dodger fans, as we count you down to first pitch on this Friday nights, get your game day meal on at Shaky's Pizza Parlor. You can order those Shaky's Pete to Chicken and Mojo's right now at Shaky's dot Com. All right, we're off and running here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. Coming up before first pitch, you're gonna hear from Freddie Freeman. We got your Otani Rewind coming up next. We'll also dive deeper in this pitching match up. Your magical moment David vas Sego's one on one with Dave Roberts coming up in about forty minutes.
Speaker 4: That's all coming up as.
Speaker 6: We lead you up to Dodgers and Phillies on this Friday night.
Speaker 4: First pitch is seven to fifteen. Nature being with us.
Speaker 6: I'm Tim Katz's the back to back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Wrongo Cassino Dodgers Hunter on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and Phillies on this Friday night, as the home stand continues. Dodgers fresh office sweep in the Colorado Rockies, Justin Robleski and Zach Wheeler.
Speaker 4: The pitching matchup, It's a good one.
Speaker 6: On alex Vesia Bobblehead Night first pitch coming up at seven fifteen.
Speaker 2: This is the Otani three wide two from Otani swing in a miss.
Speaker 7: He struck him out with a curveball, strikeout number one. One man out here on the top of the first Otani hamersek the dead center.
Speaker 8: This ball heading back, it is gone. A home run, a.
Speaker 7: Leadoff home run, the twenty eighth of his career. Otani makes it one nothing with the third career home run off of Tomoyuki Sugano. Three two pitch wave in a miss, strike three way out in front of the sweeper was rumfield and O'tani has his seventh strikeout, swinging a fly ball to right field.
Speaker 8: And calls under it and he makes the catch.
Speaker 7: Six no hit innings for show Hey Otani.
Speaker 6: Well show hey Otani with the leadoff home run in the first inning on Wednesday, his twenty eighth career leadoff home run his fourth season, coming exactly one week after he went deep on the first pitch of the game before throwing five Indians of three hit ball against the Padres in San Diego. Well show hey the pitcher. On Wednesday, he allowed just one run on a walk that came around to score on an RBI ground out seven strikeouts four walks total. For show Hey didn't have a complete command of his pitches, but he got the win, left with the no hitter after six Indians. He improved a five and two on this season and lowered as I had a zero point eight two.
Speaker 4: Just ridiculous. And afterwards show Hey talk with the media.
Speaker 2: Show when you look at just how you were able to navigate through the Rockies lineup, what did you find just being the biggest challenge and how you were able to get through it.
Speaker 10: Today Nayotoba makotos I was just battling the lack of command I had throughout the night.
Speaker 11: We have situations like this, what is the biggest focus for you and how you kind of went to say their stay in the zone or be efficient to try to as you were able to get their six innings of work, you know, being even negated.
Speaker 4: My musket chose to not.
Speaker 12: Listening up defenso given though.
Speaker 10: The least, yeah, I have to give credit to our defense. They really you know, set the tone today Again, just command was off and just I just felt like I was battling the the lack.
Speaker 4: Of it and the frustration.
Speaker 5: So this is being most animated or frustrated that you've seen me lately on the mountain?
Speaker 10: What late, what led into some of that monistration fustration got me?
Speaker 1: It's done to listen them out.
Speaker 12: Recognized too that there wasn't taking the skill not I mean, they are topments, just way too many walks, and of course you want to avoid the hits.
Speaker 10: But the result of that was a lot of walks today, and that's something that I just I don't really want to.
Speaker 12: Do despite the command issues that could kind of have the last couple of games.
Speaker 8: I was probably taking a kind of success.
Speaker 1: You had the results you had the last two.
Speaker 10: Games demo.
Speaker 12: Quote us, and I do know what it might uno.
Speaker 10: The takeaway if any of the positive is that they didn't really have me hard hits. And that's something I'm gonna you know, that's the positive.
Speaker 11: If I could have finish off.
Speaker 10: That non.
Speaker 4: Listen so you.
Speaker 12: Uh, JUVENI not to you good as to walk take another.
Speaker 10: And the bullpen has been just consistent, done a great job all year round. And I think we're setting the tone to where as long as we have the lead by the seventh we can just you know, hand the baton and and you know, win the game. So in that sense, the really the only job for us to do is make sure we have the lead in the seventh offensively and Uh as a starting pitcher.
Speaker 6: There's show Hey TONI post game on Wednesday Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Cars for Kids Donate now Cars for Kids dot Org. Still the con here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll preview this pitching matchup. David Vessey goes one on one with the manager, Dave Roberts. But up next we'll get you an injury report and we'll hear from Freddie Freeman, who had a big home run on Wednesday night, starting to heat up at the plate. Leading you up to Dodgers and Phillies on this Friday night. First pitch is seven fifteen. I'm Tim Kase's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 6: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Friday night as we leads up to first pitch Dodgers and the Phillies. Marongo Casino Resort in Spy, a Grand Slam for good times. It is Alex Vessio Bobblehead Night, with Justin Robluski getting the start, first pitch coming up at seven fifteen.
Speaker 1: This is the LA Dodgers Injury Report.
Speaker 6: Presented by UCLA Healthy Official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. To Oscar Hernandez on the IL the left hamstring strain. We'll hear from him coming up in just a couple of minutes. Key Ky Hernandez on the IL with the left oblique injury. Tyler Glass now on the IL lower back spasms, Jack Dryer on the IL left shoulder discomfort. Brock Stewart making his way back from a left bone spur.
Speaker 4: He is on the IL.
Speaker 6: Tommy Edmond is in TRIPLEA Oklahoma City. He's on the sixty day IL, but working his way back on a minor league rehab assignment. Edwin Diaz been, Casparius landon knack, Gavin Stone, Evan Phillips, and Bruce Dargradero.
Speaker 4: All currently on the IL. All right.
Speaker 6: Dodgers coming off a win against the Rockies on Wednesday Night show, Hey Otani six no hit Indians hit a home run, as did Freddie Freeman, and afterwards caught off with David Vasse.
Speaker 8: Did you feel like you guys were gonna get that no hitter?
Speaker 13: I thought so, But getting a no hitter in the big league is hard, and our pitchers were great tonight one hit just a fantastic doll all the way around.
Speaker 8: Freddie seventh inning no hitter was still intact.
Speaker 5: You made an incredible pick on that double play ball in the dirt on a play like that, I mean, what, what are you thinking?
Speaker 8: Is the no hitter in the back of your mind? No, it wasn't.
Speaker 13: I was just I closed my eyes and tried to pick it. Uh, you know, those are those are kind of do or die ones. And Max made a great play, movie made a great turn. So you're just trying to catch the ball at first base, and thankfully I did.
Speaker 5: When you saw the home run the other night, it was the same pitch that was thrown to a Tani tonight. Sigano, you guys both hit home runs. How much of the way he pitches, though, Tani? Is he pitching Freddy Freeman?
Speaker 13: Well, I need him to hit a home run every time then so I could start hitting home runs together. But I mean, I hope everyone realizes what just an incredible thing. This is to watch as a fan of baseball. To see someone doing what show he's doing on the mound in the batter's box, day in and day out. It's special. I'm happy he's on our side. But man, what a treat to be able to watch Tony play baseball.
Speaker 5: Hey, what a treat to watch Freddie Freeman play baseball. Four and a half game lead, Freddy no doubles tonight, though.
Speaker 13: It's okay, may or recount. We're counting division leads and pay David. All right, thanks for stopping Freddie.
Speaker 8: David.
Speaker 6: Here's Freddie Freeman after the Dodgers sweep of the Colorado Rockies. Dodgers almost had a no hit bid, a combined no hitter, it would be, but the Dodgers end up with a one hitter in a four to one win over Colorado. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll check in with David Vassay as we get you the latest leading up to first pitch Dodgers and Phillies. I'm Tim Katson. This is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and the Phillies on this Friday Night's Alex VESSI a babblehead night, Justin Robleski's Zach Wheeler.
Speaker 4: The pitching matchup.
Speaker 6: We'll dive deeper into the numbers. Coming up in just a little bit. First pitch at seven to fifteen. Dodgers Baseball brought to you by l Potel, born in LA and made for your game day. L Potel brings authentic Mexican sylen Tomatos, sauces and hot sauces right to your table Alpato Gourmet in a can.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Tech.
Speaker 8: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 4: All right, DV lots to get to.
Speaker 6: We'll shut off with last night Dodger Talk, an off night version here on a FI seventy LA Sports and yet a chance to catch up with Adrian Gonzalez.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and Adrian was very candid with his answer when I asked him about Kyle Tucker and what he thinks about his first couple of months in this uniform with the expectations of signing the largest single season contract this side of show.
Speaker 8: Heo Tani.
Speaker 5: Here's what he had to say about the expectations fans should have for Kyle Tucker.
Speaker 14: You know, I think he obviously got off to a slow start, but he's starting to pick it up. He's starting to have his his games where he shows, you know, the type of player he is. I really feel like he's going to continue to show and get better as the season goes on. And you know, a guy like Tucker, you bring him in so he can get that big, big hit or two in the playoffs that you're gonna need. So, you know, when when we sign him and people were like super excited, I was like, well, what do you expect out of him? And a lot of the expectations were a little too much in my opinion. You know, they were thinking, oh, we're gonna get a guy that hits close to three hundred with thirty five homers and one hundred and twenty rblse. I was like, I don't think you're gonna get that out of him. I think you're gonna get, you know, a guy that hit protects your lineup, sits in the middle of the order and comes up with some big hits and uh, and so for me, I think obviously he got off to this little start, but I think he's starting to show who he is and what we need out of him.
Speaker 5: I mean it feels like, obviously the salary for one year is astronomical, but how unfair is that to him to say, well, you're making that, so you should do X, Y and Z, when that's something he's never done in his career.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 14: I think last year he got up to a great start, which made people feel that way, but then you know, he had a few injuries. The salary is a big number, and so like that is a part that you have to pay a pay attention to. But to me, you know, he is an all star, he is a great player. But I would not put that kind of pressure to say you need to go out there and hit three hundred with thirty five and one twenty on him, like that's that's that's that's putting a little too much expectations there. I think he's he's a great to to eighty with with twenty five homers and a hundred RBI guy and if he if you can put your mind on that, I think you'll enjoy the player he is and what he brings to the table, playing great defense, running the bases right, being a great teammate, and helping the team win another championship.
Speaker 5: So Adrian Gonzalez, I think, really laid it out pretty well there. Tim Kyle Tucker is who he is. He's not going to turn into Barry Bonds just because the Dodgers signed him to a one year, big time contract. He's going to be a really nice, complimentary piece. And we're starting to see that he's not chasing the first pitch of every at bat.
Speaker 8: He's starting to settle in. He also is taking a lot of walks.
Speaker 5: Is on base percentage the last twenty games is at a four hundred clip. So he is turning into the guy the Dodgers had seen play the majority of his career with the Astros. He's not hitting second anymore. He's hitting cleanup or fifth like he is tonight, hitting behind Mookie Betts. So that's who Kyle Tucker is, and I feel like fans just need to wrap their heads around that and accept that he's a really good player. But he's not Barry Bonds. He's not Sho Hao Tani, he's not Jon Soto.
Speaker 6: David is brought to you by Ford here for those who build America, especially with those who believe that giving everything today will pay off tomorrow, those who will drive America forward for two hundred and fifty years to come American value. For American values, go to your Southern California Ford Dealers today or by Ford.
Speaker 4: Now dot com.
Speaker 6: All right, David Taoscar Hernandez officially goes to the injured list of the hamstring.
Speaker 4: So what's the plan now for left field?
Speaker 5: Well, right now, it's going to be Alex Call and Ryan Ward. Ryan Ward was called up with tail going on the il tonight. Alex Call is in left field and Ryan Ward is here. So you got a righty lefty type platoon going out there in left field. And Alex Call has had a really nice season in limited opportunities. He's hitting six for twelve against lefties this year. That's better than any other right handed hitter on the Dodgers roster. And we'll see what he can do against a tough right hander like Zach Wheeler Tonight, later in the show to him, we sat down with Dave Roberts and he kind of laid out the plan for Call and Ward moving forward.
Speaker 6: All right, the Dodgers made a roster move and that was sending Haysan Kim back to TRIPLEA.
Speaker 4: That means Santiago Espinal is back.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And it wasn't as linear as you may think. Yes, Espinal did clear waivers, but he elected for free agency, so the Dodgers and Espinal had to come to terms on a new contract, not the same one that he agreed to in spring training, and if he made the major league roster, So that was kind of the delay in announcing it. We saw Espinal earlier today taking part in life batting practice against Jack Dryer, but the move was not official at that point in time. And in some ways, look, I know, Santiago Espinal is a right handed role player, but a very important one for the Dodgers because with Keik Hernandez back on the IL, Espinal goes back to the role that the Dodgers had for him coming out of spring training, and that is being a backup right handed third basement for the Dodgers. And Maximunth sees the right wrist. Yes, he's playing, but I have to imagine that it's still sore.
Speaker 4: David.
Speaker 6: The last time we saw the Philadelphia Phillies. They were getting walked off the field at extra Inny his last October and here they are back a new manager.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Don Mattingley's back.
Speaker 5: How about that, Tim, And he's twenty eight since taking over the Phillies. It was kind of interesting. His boss GM of the Phillies, Preston Mattinglee, were talking before Donnie came out of the dugout and they have a great relationship. Don Mattingley really reports to Dave Dombrowski directly, but obviously Preston is a baseball mind that everybody around baseball respects, including his dad.
Speaker 8: So he had a smile on his face. He was moving around really well.
Speaker 5: And he's out there right now playing first base and working with Bryce Harper before we get ready for first pitch, and Don Mattinglee is going to be our special guest before first pitch tomorrow night.
Speaker 4: Oh can't wait for that.
Speaker 6: Managers back to back day tonight, Dave Roberts Tomorrow it is Don Maddeley time now for the Dodger Derby brought to by San Adina Park. Tomorrow's third race Don the Dirt six furlongs currently has six horse race.
Speaker 4: Who do you like in tomorrow's race, David.
Speaker 8: Why not go with the number one horse time keeper's charm?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 11: I love that.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go with the five horse Redheaded Riba, Red Headed Reba. Good luck to you, David. Ninety years of horse racing at Santa Anita.
Speaker 6: Find out all about the racing every Friday, Saturday and Sunday and the millions and payouts every race day at Santa Anita dot Com. Slash events coming up here. I'm Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck. You're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts. That's coming up as David Vasseego's high and tight with the Dodgers. Skipper will die deeper into this pitching matchup, but up next your Dodgers magical moment. Speaking of that walkoff win last October, You're gonna hear it when we come back we leads up to Dodgers and Phillies. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Hit the Dodgers and Phillies on this Friday night. Justin Robleski, Zach Wheeler, the Pitching Matchup, Herb Alfred and the Tijuana Brass Live at the Hollywood Bowl on July fifth. Relive all those great hit songs and wonderful memories and at once of a light Time concert event. Herb Albert and the Tijuana Brass Live at the Hollywood Bowl on July fifth. Tickets available at Hollywood Bowl dot com.
Speaker 8: Dog who Wants Hot Cut?
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment. Pitch Magical presented by Hawfy Hot Dogs.
Speaker 4: Well the Dodgers getting ready to take on the Phillies.
Speaker 6: We go back to last year's n l DS Dodgers Phillies Game four at Dodgers Stadium. The game went to extra innings tied, Neither team scored in the tenth, then in the top of the eleventh, the Phillies didn't score. Bottom of the eleventh Dodgers with traffic on the base pass heisuk and Kim pinch runner at third upcam Andy Piez facing O'Ryan.
Speaker 4: Kirkeram you O one pitch? Pies grounds it back to Kirkery.
Speaker 1: He can't find it.
Speaker 9: He those hooks one ten scores and the Dodgers are going to.
Speaker 4: The Championship Series fireworks golf in center field.
Speaker 6: The Dodgers celebrate your first base on a ground ball back to the pitcher Andy Pott has somehow gets.
Speaker 7: The job done.
Speaker 6: Andy pie Has hits a grounder back to Kirk Green, missfield of the ground ball throws it wide pass catcher jt real Muto, allowing Kim to score the series ending run. Dodgers beat the Phillies in Game four the nlds and eleven innings to win the series and advance to the NLCS. This Hofey Magical moment brought to you by Hoffy hot Dogs, Haffey so Cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Visit Hoffy hot Dogs, Local and so great. When we continue here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we'll check back in with Rick Monday. Also coming up, we'll hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. So that's coming up as we lead up to Dodgers and Phillies on this Friday night. I'm Tim Kases, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network. This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your home for the Blue all season loss leading up to Dodgers and Phillies on this Friday night, Alex VESSI a Bobblehead night for the first forty thou attendance. Justin Robleski, Zach Wheeler, the pitching Matchuples, I've deepener in the numbers coming up in just a little bit time now for the Verizon startup, as we are thirty five minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in that low price for three years so you can save big. Visit your So Cal Verizon store today.
Speaker 2: And now joined by David Bassey, here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 5: Rick, the Dodgers are back at Harness, as you like to say, against the Phillies tonight.
Speaker 8: A lot of subplots to this series.
Speaker 3: Well, a lot of subplots and maybe some bad feelings left over from last year and on how the Phillies lost to the Dodgers in the playoffs. And again this is the other part two is and not to discount some of the clubs had been in. I mean, obviously we can talk about the Rockies. The Rockies and you know they're trying to survive in the Western Division. But this is a very good matchup. Who did not take the Phillies for granted even though you look at the standings you say, hey, look, the Atlanta Brains are leading the Eastern Division by eight and a half games in front of the Phillies. Well, the Phillies have been we of the hottest teams in baseball over the last number of days on the road. In particular, they had been lights out on the road, including seven in a row in the win column, and ten of the last eleven on the road.
Speaker 11: Have been in the win column.
Speaker 5: I'm sure you've been on some teams where the manager was allowed to depart unwillingly during the season.
Speaker 8: Rob Thompson was fired earlier.
Speaker 3: This he said, allowed to part unwillingly, unwillingly. Yeah, that's called getting the boot. Well, since Don Madley's one boot, maybe both of them. I was trying to soften the blow.
Speaker 1: It didn't work.
Speaker 11: It did not work.
Speaker 3: You're going to talk to Don Mattingly tomorrow correct on the pregame show.
Speaker 8: That's right, And the Phillies are twenty and eight since he took over.
Speaker 3: So when is the last time a manager was hired by a son.
Speaker 8: Yeah, exactly, exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because of those that are one drinkers at Don's, the son is now the general manager of the Philadelphia Phillies.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Part of the same draft class as Clayton Kershaw by Logan White.
Speaker 8: So that's how far back Preston Mattically goes.
Speaker 11: And that is happening.
Speaker 3: But for Philadelphia coming on and yeah, part of the big deal and we're going to see it tonight and see how it unfold.
Speaker 11: Because as Zach Wheeler has.
Speaker 3: Been right on the money, he's undefeated on the road in four games, he's three and over. Then ERA is under one and a half. And for Philadelphia, if we look at what they've done on the road, a lot of it is on the fact the shoulders of the starting pitchers because having one ten of eleven on the road, the starters are eight and over an ERA of one point five to six. They have not allowed many hints and subsequently they have not allowed many runs to be scored against him when they're away from Philadelphia.
Speaker 8: Won't be easy tonight against that very easy.
Speaker 11: Everyone could do it, David.
Speaker 5: That's true, Rick, But I think the Dodgers are up for this series a playlight playoff like atmosphere at Dodgers Stadium, and I'm interested to see how the platoon of Alex carl and Ryan Ward will play out for the next three week.
Speaker 3: And for those that maybe missed it, ti Oscar Hernandez another one of the Dodgers that goes on the injured list with a hamstring After kick, Hernanaz came back and played just one plus the second game and had to come out because of the oblique. So yeah, there's a lot of trans transportation that's been provided for some players.
Speaker 4: Transportation.
Speaker 3: How about Santiego Espinaut He was a designated for assignment by the Dodgers ten days ago. He was not claimed, so the Dodgers have not only resign him. He is here, he's in uniform and takes over a spot and he's a you know, he's a serviceable guy that can play different positions.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I guess Brandon Gomes, the Dodgers GM, said that Espinal had not left Los Angeles and it was convenient for him to come back, and certainly the Dodgers need him.
Speaker 3: How about to turn around because you and I also discussed when KK Hernanas took the spot on the roster at Espinol. Then Espinol is dfad and who would have thought a day and a half later that we would have kk Hernandez was injured, but Espinal had to still wait to see if he's going to clear waivers.
Speaker 8: Always musical chairs, and Major League Baseball.
Speaker 3: Is speaking of musical chairs. Would you mind moving over? We've got someone else coming in.
Speaker 8: Okay, thanks Rick.
Speaker 11: That glad to see you.
Speaker 8: By the way, thanks for softening the blow. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 4: Tim, all right, thanks a lot, DV. Thank you, Moe.
Speaker 6: Dodgers Baseball. It's presented by uniclow Field at Dodgers Stadium. Is at uniclone dot com. Slash us still to come here on Dodgers on Deck. Rick will be back with Charlie Steiner. Get to those keys to the game. We'll previous pitching matchup, but up next we go high and tight with the Dodger manager, Dave Roberts.
Speaker 4: That's next, Dodgers, Phillies, lean you up to first pitch.
Speaker 6: I'm Tim Kaytes's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Leading up to Dodgers and Phillies on this Friday night, Justin Robleski and Zach Wheeler, the pitching matchup Star Wars is back on the big screen. Witness the return of the Mandalorian, the feared bounty hunter and Grogo, his powerful child is a face off against the Empire at a thrilling, high stake Star Wars adventure starring Pedro Pascal and Sigourney Weaver. Star Wars the Mandalorian and Grogo now playing only in theaters. And I, well, we know the force is strong with this one, David VA.
Speaker 2: And now what will likely be vass a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 4: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight, all right.
Speaker 5: It's time for the managers meeting before first pitch between the Dodgers and Phillies. It's brought to you by Downy Hunday and our main man, Dave Roberts is with us in the dugout.
Speaker 8: Dave, thanks a lot for the time. Appreciate it now, Dave.
Speaker 15: Always good catching up with you and fresh off and off day, so I feel good, re energize and this canna be a fun series.
Speaker 5: It kind of feels weird that we're talking and there's no David Bowie Let's Dance behind us.
Speaker 11: No, I know exactly.
Speaker 15: We got some type of techno music in the background. Batting packs is getting ready to start here. So yeah, the game and all that good stuff going on. So yeah, we're prepared first series and there's no David Bowie though.
Speaker 5: The backstory on that is the final day of Milwaukee Day game. Dave Roberts comes out to touch his players, hang out with his players, and David Bowie Let's Dance is playing. I never knew Dave Roberts was a David Bowie guy.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 15: It's one of those things, Dave, that when you're in baseball, you've got to like everything, And certainly the eighties was kind of my heyday. So the eighties rap, the David Bowie, the all of that kind of stuff. But then also I've gotten in the country and classic rock, you like it all?
Speaker 8: Yeah, we all know you like ice Cube too, and I.
Speaker 11: Definitely love my old school route hundred percent.
Speaker 8: All right, let's talk about the game tonight.
Speaker 5: You got Alex Freeland at second base tonight you've sent down hay Song Kim with Santiago Espin all back, does that make the roster.
Speaker 11: Just fit better?
Speaker 15: I think so, And we all love Haysong and it's just having that conversation which we had just a little while ago, was very difficult. And you know, to his credit, he's gonna go out there and leave tomorrow morning and join that OKC team so we can play in Sugarland tomorrow. And this guy just loves baseball, but he's been scuffling for a few weeks, and you know, to get Alex Freeland here to get him some runway and obviously losing Tao for at least a couple of weeks, and then to get reacquire Espinal has been great because he cleared waivers. So yeah, it's kind of a balance of left right, some outfield coverage. We got Ryan Ward here, so there's kind of been some changes. So it'll be good.
Speaker 5: When you talk about ti Oscar Hernandez, he was just starting to heat up again. How severe is his left hamstring string?
Speaker 15: It's you know, what I think from what I understand, it's a Grade one, so I think it's a lot better than first perceived. And I don't know the timeline, but from what I hear from a Grade one, you know, hopefully it's a couple two to three to four weeks and we'll get him back.
Speaker 8: How comfortable are you or what is the plan in left field?
Speaker 11: Tonight?
Speaker 8: You have Alex Call?
Speaker 15: Yeah, tonight we have Alex Call, and then tomorrow Alex will be in left field, and then I'm going to get Ryan Ward to start on Sunday. And so I think for me it's kind of like shared time, not necessarily a platoon, but shared time.
Speaker 5: For the fan out there that don't completely understand the difference, what is the difference, Well.
Speaker 15: I think the difference is a platoon, a straight platoon is when there's a right handed pitcher, you're gonna get a right handed left hand hitter, and if there's a left handed pitcher, you're gonna get a right handed hitter. Because I think that in general, that's kind of the best way to kind of navigate, you know, the matchups. But in this case, I just feel that Alice Call is pretty neutral. He handles right handed pitching, and you know, Zach Willie is one of the best in the game, and I just felt like throwing you know, Ryan to the fire against Wheelers, probably not a good thing.
Speaker 11: So I'm gonna have Alex called take these the best tonight.
Speaker 15: And then there's a lefty Lozarda going tomorrow, so we will have a platoon tomorrow. And then the next day we got Painter, so then that'll be Ryan word start day.
Speaker 5: One guy that Dave Robertson the Dodgers still have in their lineup is an all star potential center fielder in Andy pater Has. Can you explain the growth you've seen from Andy, not just from last year but from spring training to where we're at right now.
Speaker 11: You know what it's It's tremendous growth. You know.
Speaker 15: I remember a few years ago where the guy the body wasn't good, didn't love the weight room or like the weight room, the war cabits, the routine wasn't there. And now you look and everything is buttoned up. You know, everything is for a purpose. Every bad is important. You know, every pitch in the outfield is important. And he's changing games with his defense, the glove, the arm, and I think as far as you know, kind of the analytics part of things, like he's you know, one of the higher war players of value in all the major leagues, so hopefully he'll be making his first All Star appearance this year.
Speaker 11: In twenty six, how good.
Speaker 5: Was it to see him not change anything after you put him in the two spot that final game against the Rockies.
Speaker 8: Do you believe you may have found your two hitter?
Speaker 11: You know?
Speaker 15: I hope so, you know, for the time being, And I think that, you know, you can see early on the year, I tried to move him up at different times, and you know, it seemed like every time I did, he sort of pressed a little too much and it didn't go well. This time, I just felt that at that moment, I wanted to give Moki a different look, and honestly, it was a you know, process of elimination on who I think earned that right to hit two in between Shohey and Freddie, and it was clear to me that Andy was the guy. And to your point, Dave, he hasn't changed anything, and I would almost argue that he's even gotten better, because before I put him in the two, he was kind of scuffling a little bit, trying to find his way to get to mits and once he got back in that too, he just really has taken off again.
Speaker 5: Everybody's asked Dave Roberts in a roundabout way about Mooki Bets, but nobody's asked you this question, who do you need Mooki Bets to be at this stage.
Speaker 11: Of his career?
Speaker 8: And in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 11: You know what I do need.
Speaker 15: I think what I need and it's a simple answer, is I need Mooki. We need Mooki to be Mookie Bets. And I say that in the sense of you're that dog. I think that when Mookie's right, there's that little scowl on his face when he's hitting. You know, that determination, that fight, that toughness, and not the self doubt, the questioning, the over anxiousness in the box, and every single time he steps on the field, he should think that he's one of the best players on the planet, let alone on the field. And it is true that being a human being sometimes you start to question that yourselves, even if you are Mookie Bets. But for me, the last couple of days, I saw that edge again and that's what I want to see.
Speaker 11: And if I see that, the results will bet on those results.
Speaker 5: That's a great description, great need from Dave Roberts. As we get set for first pitch between the Dodgers and Phillies. Last thing for you, as show Hey, o Tani gets ready tonight to step in the batter's box in the bottom of the first inning, we may see another leader off home run. There was a great image on Wednesday night after Otani came back to the dugout after his leadoff home run, of you, his manager, not ta Oscar Hernandez, not Andy pa has having the sunflower seeds ready for him. Is that the first time you've ever been the guy throwing the sunflower seeds?
Speaker 15: I think I've done it before, but this situation, Pauw Hayes was hitting two, so he was on deck getting ready to hit. Tao was in the cage, he was, I don't know where he was. And then so for me, it was a big hit homer from show Hey, and I'm looking around the dugout saying, who's got the seeds? No one had the seeds, So then I had to take initiative, Dave, get the seeds and greet Showhy with some seeds. And you know what funny is, I saw a little smirk out of him, even on a pitching day, so I think I surprised him.
Speaker 5: Only manager out there that has that type of relationship with his players. That's the one and only Dave Roberts. Thanks a lot for the time, Dave, and can't wait to do this next week again.
Speaker 15: I can't wait, Dave. I love having a chat with you, and UH can't wait for this game to start. Let's give me, Let's give me. It's give me a good one. Let's win a ball game tonight.
Speaker 8: Sounds good.
Speaker 5: Dave Roberts has been our guest, and we want to remind you that heading into summer without a medical emergency kit is a risk. Be ready with an urgent care kit, say forty five dollars at checkout with code blue at Urgentcarekit dot com slash blue.
Speaker 11: Listening back to you, Tim.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you, David. Appreciate that.
Speaker 6: As we leads up to first pitch, Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast. Dodger fans. When it's game night, it's group night at Shaky's dot Com. Leading you up to Dodgers and Phillies on this Friday night. First pitch coming up in seven fifteen. I'm next, so we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. Don't you go anywhere. I'm Tim kase is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers had the Phillies on this Friday night. Alex Vesia Poppo head knife as the Dodgers going to play first place atop the NLS Phillies red hot after a sweep in San Diego. First pitch from Uniclow Field, that Dodgers Stadium is coming up at seven to fifteen.
Speaker 2: And now before the Dodgers hit the dimon we look at the pitching matchups.
Speaker 4: Brought to you by your Toyota Dealers.
Speaker 6: We make it easy, well, Zach Wheelers making it look easy this year. The thirty five year old right hander started the year on the injured list, but he's back in healthy now in his twelfth season in the big leagues, four to zero with a one sixty seven ERA, five seasons with the Mets, now his seventh season with the Phillies. Fastball mid and uper nineties sinker kerbball slider change up got them all. Making his seven start this season last time out, six shutout innings, two hits, six strikeouts in a win over the Guardians. Before that, seven shutout innings, four hits, eight strikeouts and a win over the Pirates. He's been really good this season and aginst the Dodgers in his career, three and two at the four to thirty five er. Last start against him July ninth, two years ago, twenty twenty four, five innings, one run, three hits, seven strikeouts in a win. Justin Roe Bleski looking to get back on track for the Dodgers, twenty five year old leftanders six and two with a three zero seven ERA, making his ninth start, his tenth appearance.
Speaker 4: He's been an opener, a bullpen reliever, a long man.
Speaker 6: He has done it all, and now he has emerged as a starter and a big part of this rotation here the first third of this season, but the last couple of starts have been rough. He's allowed fourteen runs over his last nineteen and two third innings. Last time out, five innings, five runs, eight hits, four strikeouts, and a loss to the Brewers last weekend in Milwaukee.
Speaker 4: Looking to get back on track.
Speaker 6: Last time he saw the Phillies in the regular season the one and only time got roughed up five runs on five hits in a third of an inning of work last year. So it's Justin roe Bleski looking to get back on track. Zach Wheeler looking to stay perfect on this season. Dodgers and Phillies were fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game are coming up next. Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your home for the Blue All season.
Speaker 6: Log Dodgers and Phillies on this Friday night, Justin Robleski Zach Wheeler the pitching matchup. As we get you ready for the start of the game. Dodger Fans with the Sapporo start Great Moments. Start with the Sapporo beer whatever your taste preference. Sapporo haws you cover with the variety, crisp and refreshing. Loggers include light and non alcoholic beers. Sapporo good with sushi, great with baseball. Before first pitch, we head back out to the booth. Two guys on the call tonight, Charlie Steiner and Rick Monday on.
Speaker 9: This cool Friday night at Dodger Stadium, the first of three with the Philadelphia Phillies. The last time these two teams met in the National League Division Series, Dodgers won it in four and the fourth and final game last year here at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 8: Tonight's pitching matchups interesting.
Speaker 9: Justin Robelesker got off to the great start first five starts at an erf point fifty six, but in his last three starts, an ERA of nearly six and a half against Zach Wheeler turns thirty six to borrow and he enters the game thirteen and two thirds consecutive shutout.
Speaker 3: And Charlie, what's been problematic for Robleski, It's going to be interesting to watch tonight how it unfolds. In the first two innings of a game, he's given up a high average, He's given up a high ERA. First inning three seventy one batting average ERA six and three quarters, second inning three forty three, average ERA of above five and a half. We'll see how he unfolds the start here tonight and for Zach Wheeler when he gets ahead in the count has been problematic. He's been ahead a lot. He's allowed just a one seventy six batting average against him. And the other part about Wheeler we talked earlier about the Phillies playing very well in the road. Well for Wheeler, he's undefeated in four starts, three and oh with an ERA on the road of under one and a half.
Speaker 9: Lead the National League in batting average to sixty two. They are second and on base percentage and third with seventy six home runs. The Phillies don't hit much, but it's been there pitching that's carried that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they don't have to score a lot of runs the way that the pitching is going with the Dodgers, well, they've scored two hundred and ninety eight runs. They've allowed just one hundred and seventy eight. You like that ratio, But can they put runs on the board? And how many tonight against the Phillies.
Speaker 9: Pitching lineups and first pitch Dodgers and Phillies, first of three from Dodgers Stadium, coming right up.
Speaker 6: All right, thank you, Charlie. Don't forget after the game. David Bassey's got you cover with all the postgame festivities. Reaction from the clubhouse, all the highlights and Dodger talk as well. The first things first, first pitch from the stadium, Dodgers and Phillies. Just Robleski on the mound. First pitches next, enjoy it. I'm Tim Katson. This is the back to back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network