Speaker 1: What is the definition of an unk game?
Speaker 2: Uh, I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's probably like an old guy's name or any game the.
Speaker 1: Okay, see, I don't like that. I don't know. I don't like that.
Speaker 4: But I think I think you're on too. I think you're on to it. I don't understand. I don't understand that UK unk an unk game.
Speaker 5: So is this something that players are labeling games? This isn't like a section at game stop.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, this is what this is what? Yes?
Speaker 4: No, no, it's not a section at GameStop. It is what people are labeling games.
Speaker 5: But is it necessarily a bad thing?
Speaker 6: It's not a it doesn't sound positive, it's not.
Speaker 1: It's not men as a compliment, I'll tell you that.
Speaker 5: But if they can appeal to an older audience, unk is short for uncle. Yeah, well everyone knows the slang.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well I don't know. Maybe not everybody does.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's often thrown out when you're acting old.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no exactly.
Speaker 5: But when it comes to does this mean a game that's been around for a while.
Speaker 1: That's the part I don't understand. I don't understand.
Speaker 4: So I was reading about somebody who's playing the game marathon right, fine, I'm not playing it.
Speaker 5: A game we've all heard of, never heard of it? Me neither.
Speaker 1: What is that? It's a live shooter game, it's a live.
Speaker 5: Shooter from back in the day.
Speaker 4: The don't I don't play it. I don't know how long it's been around. I know it is, I know it. It's the company that makes it. I know it's their latest game. But I don't play marathon.
Speaker 5: So on games aren't games that were released a while ago and still played. They may still have versions coming out. Maybe it's an enduring title.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it could be. It could be.
Speaker 4: But people are saying, by the way, let me ask you this, let me ask you so it is.
Speaker 1: It is a term of like, oh, you're old, you're old, You're old.
Speaker 4: Do you know what the average age of a gamer is across the US?
Speaker 6: Across and say something, Is it going to be something like thirty?
Speaker 1: No? No, what is the average age?
Speaker 5: Not older?
Speaker 6: Is it?
Speaker 5: What is the average it's going to be old age.
Speaker 4: Of a video gamer in the US? Forty forty one?
Speaker 5: Damn?
Speaker 1: Is the app? Really? Yes?
Speaker 6: How do they have time?
Speaker 1: The say again, how do they have time? They make time? You watch the pit people play video games no.
Speaker 4: But like like like my old man hockey team, ninety percent of those guys all. I don't want to say all they talk about in the locker room, but like they talk video games all the time.
Speaker 1: I don't play a lot of video games. I don't. But and they're not they're not eighteen nineteen years old. Yeah, not at all. No, they are.
Speaker 5: They're in theirs and that averages whereas us.
Speaker 1: So I don't.
Speaker 4: So I don't understand why. I don't understand the name. I don't understand the name calling if it is, and they'll play, they'll play new versions again, they'll go back and play old games. They'll they'll anticipate new games coming out, like they play, they play everything everything. I'll play baseball, I'll play hockey, and then like occasionally like a shooter game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, but I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't play that many video games, So I don't. I don't. I don't know, but it doesn't.
Speaker 4: It seems like I don't understand why it's I don't understand why what games get that tag?
Speaker 5: So Marathon, the original game came out in nineteen ninety four for the Apple Macintosh. Oh jesus, so there's a game that's been around for thirty years and continues to release. Does Marathon struggle to attract a new audience? Is it just those that have played it for decades that buy it?
Speaker 1: Oh? I don't know. I mean there's a new version out.
Speaker 5: I know, but I'm saying, oh, I only play it by those that were there from the beginning. No, then how can you if you're if you're youngster and you're playing this game, why would you call an unk game? Like you said, it's usually used as a pejorative.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it's not a compliment.
Speaker 5: But also the older audience has money. Yeah, so that's why I'm saying, could that be a good thing for the industry? Is the industry behind closed doors using that term because they know that that audience has disposable income.
Speaker 4: The unk demographic older time, poor but wealthier.
Speaker 5: There you go.
Speaker 4: They've been propping up the gaming, the gaming's traditional business model for years. Unks by consoles. Unks are used to spending money on games. Adult gamers are a huge profitable demographic. Maybe people should keep making games for unks. But every game is for an unk? Well that that's not true, that's not true at all.
Speaker 5: That not every game I would say but the new version is a big thing too, And this being a legacy title I think plays into the that because if there's a super complicated, time exhausting game, right and Ank's not gonna play it, that could be.
Speaker 1: But that's fair.
Speaker 5: If you have a tie to a story.
Speaker 1: That I've already done back in the day, I don't need the refresher.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Maybe it's not even a narrative that flows between these marathon games again, something we've all heard of. It's still marathon like. It still feels like you're continuing off.
Speaker 1: I'll give you that. I'll give you that.
Speaker 4: Sixty of all gamers are over the age of thirty. The average age of a gamer is forty one, and they are. They didn't give the number, but they said the number of gamers in their sixties and seventies is ridiculous.
Speaker 5: Seventies.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll still be playing MLB the show when I'm seventy.
Speaker 6: They're retired.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, the great game great actually, dexterity. I'll probably play more in my seventies when I have time.
Speaker 5: I don't know about that.
Speaker 1: I bet I will, I bet I will either.
Speaker 5: Reviews of this new marathon are good, Are they really incredible highs painful lows? Is that for the user it's emotional?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. I have no idea.
Speaker 5: Gets a nine out of ten, so I doubt it means like painful in terms of criticism.
Speaker 4: And then I was reading about a woman who plays merit wo Mo, who plays uh, who plays Marathon, and she's like, listen, I've heard get back in the kitchen. Like, I've heard all of it back in the kitchen, but don't call me an unc Jesus.
Speaker 5: So you can talk to other people in this game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I barge in the kitchen.
Speaker 5: They troll the older players.
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I thought you said, yeah, le troll.
Speaker 4: I thought you said control now Yeah, Oh yeah, of course I troll him.
Speaker 1: Hey, careful, lady.
Speaker 6: Does Mary don't break a hip?
Speaker 5: Like in terms of the zeitgeist? Did Marathon have its moment? Like? Is there a reference I don't know is from this game that people use?
Speaker 1: Oh? Absolutely, Where am I going?
Speaker 7: Christ?
Speaker 1: It's been around since ninety four.
Speaker 4: There is something in that game that is famous that that we don't I don't play it.
Speaker 7: What's there?
Speaker 5: Leroy Jenkins?
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, there's got to be one Lee Road Jenkins.
Speaker 1: Where am I going? Line five? Hi Ellie in the morning? Hi?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Hi?
Speaker 1: Who's that?
Speaker 8: Hey is John? Uh So, I've been playing games my whole life. I'm thirty one. I I'm electrician. They make fun of me because my reflexes are too slow. So when I tell them what games I played, they're like, oh, you're an unk because you.
Speaker 7: Can't keep up with them.
Speaker 4: Wait, but what games are you playing? Is that my problem with playing like baseball and hockey.
Speaker 1: My reflexes are too slow.
Speaker 8: Well, you know, I'm not sure about those games because they played two K all the time and they're like, oh, we would dog you in two K. So I play it like a child, a morta game. It is an older game, you know, I'll say it. But they're like, oh, you and you can't keep up with us in Call Duty, we would destroy you. Stuff like that.
Speaker 4: I don't know the but you know what, Like, I'll still play Call of Duty, I'll still play Red Dead.
Speaker 1: I'll good. Yeah, I think I.
Speaker 5: Am okay, are as good as your kids?
Speaker 1: The no, I'm not as good as I also don't.
Speaker 4: I also don't have endless hours to uh zin and play all night.
Speaker 5: What was the game he mentioned.
Speaker 1: Wait, what was the one that you What was the game you mentioned?
Speaker 8: It's some Child of Morta. It's like a pixelated game. It came out like twenty twenty.
Speaker 5: Are you saying my full name? What are you saying?
Speaker 1: What is it called? Tyler Monta?
Speaker 8: So child of child r.
Speaker 5: T A Child Morta? You thought I hadn't heard of Marathon.
Speaker 6: I know that sounds medieval.
Speaker 1: I don't know what child.
Speaker 8: And fantasy style game.
Speaker 1: Oh, there you go.
Speaker 6: You ain't got to be fast, though.
Speaker 8: That's the best way to do it.
Speaker 1: Hey, can I ask you?
Speaker 4: This is is Child of Morta? Is that a big gummies game?
Speaker 1: Yes? Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 4: I saw one screenshot and I was like that screams, get high and play.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, there you go.
Speaker 1: There you go? All right, very good, very good?
Speaker 5: Thank you?
Speaker 1: Where am I going?
Speaker 4: Line?
Speaker 3: Sorry, I'm trying to open up a bottle of water and I need some help. Yeah, I can't thank you.
Speaker 7: I get it.
Speaker 6: I don't know if it's because my hands are greasy or the board.
Speaker 1: No, no, I got I got it.
Speaker 5: There.
Speaker 6: Did you just lick that?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I wouldn't do that.
Speaker 4: I want to make sure it's safe for my dearest Diana is not on tightky but it is opened.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 5: Get in the kitchen, woman, christ Actually maybe not.
Speaker 1: Hi Elliott in the morning.
Speaker 8: Hey, good morning Elliott.
Speaker 1: Yes, Hi, who's this?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 8: This is Veronica.
Speaker 1: Yes, what can I do for you?
Speaker 3: So my husband is actually on a senior E sports team.
Speaker 6: How old do you have to be for that? I was gonna say sixty?
Speaker 1: No, Can I guess? Can I guess your husband?
Speaker 4: Your husband is is between thirty five and forty five?
Speaker 8: He's thirty five?
Speaker 1: Thank you? Yeah, senior old man. He's under the average age of a gamer.
Speaker 6: You have to be thirty to be in the league.
Speaker 7: Hey, what there he is?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 8: They have like a merch store, They do tournaments, they give away prizes during live streams.
Speaker 1: What is the what? What? What game is he in? What league?
Speaker 7: Rocket League? There?
Speaker 1: You go?
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, but but like Rocket teams they start forming in like junior high in high school, like those are like legit E sports clubs. Yeah that that play Rocket. So yeah, he's probably been playing it. I don't know how long you've been with the man, but he's probably been playing it for fifteen.
Speaker 8: Years something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, exactly thirty five. Your senior Jesus Christ. All right, very good, very good, thank you. Yes, us.
Speaker 5: Is there a definitive database where you can find out which category these games go into? What do you mean or what's a game title?
Speaker 1: No, but every every game, if you're if you're.
Speaker 5: Every game we've decided cannot be an on.
Speaker 1: Game then so is is is call of duty?
Speaker 5: I make it seem like you didn't so because we've now because yeah, because Diane's pitting on something and we've talked about called during the past, we've had older players call in who say they they can't keep up anymore with the younger audience. Really, yeah, we've I've definitely to be able to pull the audio. The only audio today that I have that's archived is this.
Speaker 1: I see Dustin's ass crack.
Speaker 5: That's it. That's that's on on the button. But that's the button today.
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe maybe that's the case.
Speaker 5: But I remember the one guy he kind of did like a you know, he almost presented a thesis on how he was aging out of being competitive in that game because the the the youth players, the youth they're just so good and fast and they react and mash it's almost strategy instead.
Speaker 1: Of just so he can't he just can't keep up.
Speaker 5: You can't beat him, So I would say, called did he no?
Speaker 1: Red Dead? I don't know great game?
Speaker 5: What that game is?
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what it is, awesome.
Speaker 5: I told you my son's still playing that UFC game.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: I got a text message last night from another father who said, Uh, my son, he's he's rubbing off on my son, right, the Texter son, because that he took a screenshot of his son deciding which edition of UFC to get. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 4: How about Tyler's kids? The UFC kid in the neighborhood?
Speaker 1: Where am I going? Line three? Hi Elliott in the morning? Yeah, Hi, who's that?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 1: What's going on? Dude?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 2: So Marathon is no one knows what that is? The old game? Yes, it's I mean, no one knows. This just an old game that bungeee the creators of Halo, they recreated it for modern times.
Speaker 1: Okay, is it's not like? Is it good?
Speaker 2: I haven't played it, but I heard it's good. But I know the player base is lacking for it's a live shooter like Fortnite and other games. Right, it depends, It depends on you know the player count to keep it alive, and supposedly it's not doing too well because there's too much competition in the in that genre.
Speaker 4: Right in the live shooter games, I get that, Hey, what is the what is the what is?
Speaker 1: Oh? You don't know? I was gonna say, what is marathon? Known for nothing?
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying is no, it's it's so old that people are like, what is this? What's a remake?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 2: No one knew what it was. I don't know how many people.
Speaker 1: Played it on marathon Marathon?
Speaker 4: All right, So that makes sense, though, that makes sense to me why that would get classified?
Speaker 1: Hey what what game are you playing?
Speaker 2: None? Too busy? I watched, I watched, I watched YouTube game channels, and that's why I learned stuff. I haven't played anything in a.
Speaker 1: While, gotcha? Gotcha? All right, dude?
Speaker 2: Yes, games are definitely not shooter games like you guys are saying first person shooters are. You know, your roof likes to slow down, so like action adventure games and stuff up games, I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't feel a thank you, sir, but I don't feel like my hands are slower than they were.
Speaker 6: You're not You're not a teenager anymore?
Speaker 1: No, no, but I deal with it. My hands aren't as fast.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, you're there's no way or as fast as you were when you were like a teenager.
Speaker 6: Do that again?
Speaker 5: Oh wow, lightning, I could see. Yeah that was so slow.
Speaker 6: You're just like you're kind of making a.
Speaker 4: Fist as Yeah, okay, yeah, you have to stick, as the color said to action adventure games.
Speaker 1: Oh great, what are my animal farm?
Speaker 6: What is this thing?
Speaker 1: That's it? That's me? It's Sims. Where am I going? Christen Line four? Hi, Elliott in the morning.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Hi, Hey, this is Joe DiMaggio baseball.
Speaker 1: Yeah. What can I do for you?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 7: My wife is a big time gamer and she's sixty eight years old. Are you serious it? Yep, just killing it. I have a woman cave. I don't have a man cave.
Speaker 4: Right, So she gets down in there. She's got gummies and she's ready to go.
Speaker 7: No gummies, dude, straight up right, he's just a killing She plays Destiny too good for her?
Speaker 4: Good for her, by the way, and they do a thank you sir. They do say that there are so.
Speaker 1: Many people gaming in there. Think about it.
Speaker 4: If the average average age is forty one you're still playing twenty years later, you're in your sixties.
Speaker 5: What is this? DM says Elliott should play Knights of the Old Republic.
Speaker 1: Oh god, that sounds horrible. What is that? Knights of the I know what it is? Not fun?
Speaker 6: Sounds like a clan game.
Speaker 4: No, Diane, No, no, it's clon.
Speaker 1: No, it's gonna be what was that last crack? No, it's gonna be. It's gonna be like there's gonna be a moat and a castle. Like it's gonna dragon's gonna suck.
Speaker 5: Oh, that's like Children of Morta.
Speaker 1: Wait, what is not? What is it?
Speaker 5: I'm typing it in?
Speaker 1: What is it? Knights of the what?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 5: They wrote Nights as an n I g no, K you think it's Ken, right?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Do I?
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 5: Knights of the what Old Republic?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 4: That that is K and I'm jousting. There's nothing fun. Oh no, it's a Star Wars role playing game.
Speaker 1: Oh no kidding.
Speaker 5: When did this come out? Oh the first release was two thousand and three.
Speaker 1: All right, so it's twenty five years old.
Speaker 5: So it's an ongoing title. Horrible name, yes, horrible name. Well, but you like Star Wars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'm not playing Star Wars.
Speaker 5: Games says a set four thousand years before the Galactic Empire.
Speaker 6: Oh, I'm in.
Speaker 5: Their players are an emeesiac for sensitive character tests with stopping Darth Malick's Sith Fleet.
Speaker 6: I'm just gonna online shop.
Speaker 5: Actually there is a massive online component, Diane.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 4: I want Dian to get heavy into gaming, heavy into gaming?
Speaker 5: Is that why you're selling stuff to buy a console?
Speaker 1: Damn? Tariff's line one, Hi Elliott in the morning, Good morning. Hey, who's this? This is Jay in Baltimore. Hey, what's going on? Dude?
Speaker 7: Nothing much?
Speaker 1: Many.
Speaker 7: I was calling man the caller before me got me.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 7: I was calling because I'm fifty years old. I played video games and take ball hits every day.
Speaker 6: And it's old school bong hits. It's not gummies, no.
Speaker 1: Bong hits, no bong hits. Right, Hey, what are you? What game are you playing? What game are you playing?
Speaker 8: I just played Call of Duty in Madden.
Speaker 1: There you go. Yeah, but then hands have slowed down.
Speaker 2: My hands clamp up, dude.
Speaker 8: I got like Carbo turnal syndrome, so like I feel like a gimm or two.
Speaker 7: My hands are numbing up, dude,