Speaker 1: And now an exclusive interview with David Bassaying for Dodger Talker. The Dodgers are back in LA with a two to zero series lead in the NLCS and a big part of the Dodgers championship last year is a big part of the team this year, and that's the one and only Alex Sevessia. Alex, thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Yeah, I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: I Uh, I would say the last two games have not I've not been a big part our starting pitching has been unbelievable.
Speaker 1: That's what I wanted to ask you for. You always want to be in the game. But what's it like in that bullpen when you got Snelling Yamamoto deal in the way they were.
Speaker 3: I mean yeah, watching watching them go about their business, it's it's pretty special. I mean the you know, the last two games, we have needed them and they have been you know, they've been amazing. So you know, obviously we had the bullpen dogs last year. Are we going with like the Stallions the whole? What do we you know, what do we come on?
Speaker 2: David's we gotta come up with a with I.
Speaker 3: Guess because uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, they they've been doing it.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's it's been unreal obviously, you know, Snell set in the tone and then you know, yam, I mean yeah, one one after another, you know, and then you know it's like we got glass now and show you know, to to also. I mean these these four games, the starting pitching is stacked. So you know, for myself, I watched the game and and go about my business and if my name is called upon, great, If not, you know, it's all good.
Speaker 2: You know the other night, I.
Speaker 3: Was depending on score, depending on situation, if a guy got a hit or whatnot, I could have gone in the game. I was ready for that. And you know it's all hands are on deck, and you know that's that's.
Speaker 2: What this team is doing so well right now, is that you.
Speaker 3: Know we we're we're all bought in. You know, every everybody has contributed one way or another. You know, whether it's in a super big spot or whether it's just a pinch run. Are coming to the game and get one out, like you know, the small details we're doing it.
Speaker 1: How much do we take for granted with guys like yourself and Blake trying over here that had been to the mountain top.
Speaker 3: You're shouna get Alex in a game one time, but if he doesn't. At your job, you got to ask questions, all right.
Speaker 2: Edit edit cut cut, cut cut This.
Speaker 1: One really sideways anyway back to Alex Vesia.
Speaker 2: Here all your fault, this is all your fall, Dave, you did this.
Speaker 1: It's open mic.
Speaker 2: Before game three, I hope.
Speaker 3: That our starters are so electric if they all throw complete games in me and Alex just get to watch how great they are.
Speaker 2: That's sounds like a plan to me. Tune tune some bubble gum, drinking some red bull in the bullpen. I'm in, yep, maximize the d dry throws.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's you know, it's uh, you know, October baseball is is the best.
Speaker 2: I never take it for granted.
Speaker 3: And you know, we play one game at a time, so well here, you know, and just you know, at the end of the day, we lean on one another in the clubhouse, and you know, we've got a lot of leaders and guys that lead by example, and you know, it's just it's hard to like talk about it in certain aspects of this game, but you know, throughout one hundred and sixty two games, I mean, we really do get close. You know, we we are brothers, and day in and day out, we grind for one another and root for one another. And you know that's when when the games are as big as they are. I think that's what matters the most, is that you know we're all bought in.
Speaker 1: Do we take for granted guys like yourself and Blake and other guys in that bullpen doing what you did last year? You still need some positive reinforcement and still need to get your confidence lifted by each other.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I think that just goes like with our routines, like where that comes. You know, it's the work that we put in day in and day out that people don't see. You know, we're we're all like yesterday we had the off day. It was in an off day, right, we were here at two o'clock and everyone's working out and getting their bodies prepped, and then we have practice from four to six. And you know, it's a lot more than just showing up and playing the game at you know, whether it's seven o'clock or three o'clock, right, there's a lot more that goes into a lot of dedication. And I also think there's a lot of respect when you see guys that are showing up day in and day out and are ready, and you know they take it serious because you know, we all want to win.
Speaker 2: We all want to bring another championship back to.
Speaker 3: LA and it means a lot, so it you know, and that's from we talked about that early in the season, where you know, we do win a World Series in twenty four and what does the front office do? Go get guys. You know, like that's that's a huge boost of confidence. So it's like that's where you know, over the course of the season, Yeah, it's long, there's ups and downs, adversity and stuff like that, but then you know, October there is a breath of fresh air where things do come to reality.
Speaker 2: It's like, you know, we're here for a reason.
Speaker 3: We wear this uniform for a reason because you know, Nasty, we're really good and you know, we believe in each other. So you know, obviously we got a ball game to win.
Speaker 2: And you know, for me, I'm I'm I'm.
Speaker 3: Gonna come in as fired up as I usually am and you know, keep keep putting the pressure on.
Speaker 2: The Brewers. Love it.
Speaker 1: October and alex Vesia. They go together really well and can't wait to be around you guys for at least a couple of more weeks.
Speaker 2: Yep, absolutely, I hope they do.
Speaker 3: At least one more of these interviews say all right, so let's let's make that happen.
Speaker 1: All right, love it, Alex VESSI has been our guest. We'll meet up at Benny Boy Brewing soon.
Speaker 2: I'm in on that. I'm in on that. Yeah, count me in