Speaker 1: Wolves fans, It's a timber Wolves talkback Tuesday, and we have got your shot at tickets to this Saturday's Prince inspired City edition game gets happed the microphone on the k fan page in the iHeart Radio app Give us your best dunk call. Winners will be selected and emailed all day long at the full list of rules at KFA dot com. Keyword Contest, Welcome back to Patrick Morning Shot.
Speaker 2: I'm becoming the superstar Mic Morse.
Speaker 3: Most of the funniest stuff I say is off the air now and really ruthless.
Speaker 4: Have you consumed marijuana? More singers aimed aimed at you through the break Yeah, you see extra broken. No, that was the chip crumbs I was eating in your You.
Speaker 3: Can imagine how big that was in this room with a full bag of chips, and just murdered them.
Speaker 4: I went over a cost family size bag. I ate all of it. So, just to recap, you had chip crumbs in the corner of your eye.
Speaker 2: Probably it looked like you stuck his whole face in the bag.
Speaker 4: To say you're not willing to try that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, okay, boy, poor Billy.
Speaker 4: Anyway, all right, that's what happened. Man, you're taking it on air and off air today. Tough one for you.
Speaker 6: So's Hawk's sister. What time is she on? She does a podcast?
Speaker 4: What's it called I'm Free Lunch her TikTok. She wanted radio awards just all you can handle.
Speaker 2: She just won a country music radio award.
Speaker 4: To somebody call bonus.
Speaker 2: Why he's at the General Motors meetings.
Speaker 4: He's in the air.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we all are.
Speaker 4: He's well, no he's not yet.
Speaker 1: What are you, travel agent? I'm cracking. I have him on Find My Friends mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Yeah the sausag got nap called find some Friends Friend.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the famous ones you golf with? No, Seene Bear, Luke Randy. You haven't seen those guys since high school. I saw Sean two weeks ago at the Gopher game.
Speaker 2: Did he acknowledge your existence?
Speaker 6: No? No he didn't. Yeah, I had just sent a different section.
Speaker 2: Well it's because you're head.
Speaker 4: Okay, come on, that's the name of your sister's podcast.
Speaker 3: Whoa Wow, Well listen, I Heart Radio has got money to spend.
Speaker 4: She won another award.
Speaker 2: She did.
Speaker 3: Hundreds are expected to attend the official State of Minnesota Veterans Day program this morning at ten am.
Speaker 2: And Mankato.
Speaker 3: The Veterans Affairs Commissioner Brad Lindsay says the program will recognize the greatest generation.
Speaker 7: Our theme this year is honoring our World War Two veterans because this is the of course, the eightieth anniversary. At the end of World War Two, we still have below a couple thousand World War Two veterans left in the state, so taking the opportunity to honor them, that's actually a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I thought it'd be less than that.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's the eightieth innivert Okay, Yeah, they.
Speaker 8: Gotta be close. They're gonna be one hundred, one hundred h They got ninety eight.
Speaker 3: Nine, Yeah, ninety eight exactly because you had to be eighteen, right, Yeah, oh yeah, I'm sure there were some other veterans, a.
Speaker 4: Lot of them. Why about their age?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's good point. It's good point. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So let's go around the room. Who do we got in our families? At are that are veterans alive or dead? But veterans saw us. I know you're grandfather, Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 6: And my mom's dad he was also He fought World War Two as well. No kidding, I didn't know they both did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my wife's dad was, and my uncle was. My uncle was in the eighty second Airborne.
Speaker 7: Is that right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was a badass man. Didn't you have an uncle named Major Paine?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 4: Are you thinking of Damon Wayans? Yes? Love that movie.
Speaker 2: It was actually much funnier than you give a credit for.
Speaker 4: No, my uncle Skip was in the eighty second Airborne and he was a He was a big dude. And not that that matters for a guy that jumps out of an airplane all the time. But it's crazy to be like, you're a skydiver, you're like a tank. You should be like a Juggernaut and the X Men. But he jumped out of planes. Did he need a bigger parachute? Never asked him. He was gigantic. I'm sure he had the He had the one for ass kicking, because that's what he did. Yeah, good friend. But you guys, Barnes, you got military yet.
Speaker 8: My grandpa was in World War Two and my dad was in Vietnam. Yeah, he was drafted into the army and spent a couple of years.
Speaker 4: I was drafted first round pick. Unfortunately. Yes, did he talk about it? Was he one of those guys that never talked about it? Man? Why is that the war that for whatever reason a lot of people don't talk about Chreeshall never talks about it. Brilliant. I got I got it. Took me a second, but I got it. Yep. Or all the time, somebody will say, how old is your granddaughter through it?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 6: My god, were a grand his granddaughter.
Speaker 4: Was, And he's been asked, were you in Nom? Yeah? Yeah? Did you How did you lose your legs? Your legs in Nom? Yeah? He loves that one. Yeah, the granddaughter one, Zachary, you got military connections, yeah, we got one.
Speaker 1: Stop shopping Fort Snelling if we want to see a lot of people. My grandfather Korea, my other grandfather I was, I believe, Vietnam, the great grandfather. It's uncles, great uncles, great aunts, a lot of people buried up there, and it is, man, it is an amazing, amazing display of what you know, in terms of going up there and seeing what they do and how they take care of that.
Speaker 4: You know. I haven't been to Arlington.
Speaker 1: Was able to see Normandy a couple of years ago and that was awesome. But it's very important, especially today to remember those those.
Speaker 4: People because it is it's sobering for sure. Max. So you get military connections, Oh yeah, I feel like I'm like one of only people, one of only dudes in my family. That's that's not in the military. A lot of my uncles, most of my uncles are. My older brother was stationed in Japan for a while. My grandpa was in World War Two. So yeah, my family deep, deep entranched history with the with the US military, for sure. Chris.
Speaker 3: Yeah, most of my family's just overserved. But I get a grandpa and I'm uncle bos in the Navy yet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you know when we hit those guys in Ben and Nate on on Friday, you know they I think a lot of veterans try to go out of their way to say, like, obviously there's a difference between Memorial Day and Veterans Day. Right, Memorial Days remembering those that we've lost. Veterans Day are honoring all that. And that's that's why I think this one's awesome. It's it's whether you are, you know, no longer with us or still on this earth. Either way, super cool, super thankful, ten thousand times more heroic than any of us. I can't believe I'll brave those dudes are. How about like even listening to Ben's stories on Friday, the guy's a medic and he's following around, you know, soldiers, but he has to go through all the training because he's got to be out. He can't be a liability. He's got to be able to keep up with these pros and these guys that are just machines and can't imagine the pressure of oh uh, now you have to save this guy's life while you're in the middle of gunfire. So just perform surgery. Anam no big deal man. Yeah, I don't know how they do it.
Speaker 6: They did a story don't last night on Eagles right guard Tyler Steen, his grandfather was in World War Two, and the story was is they were like trapped in one of the bear or one of the one of the like the things where you hide from gunfire.
Speaker 4: You go down and then you come back up. What's like a trench, is that what it's called.
Speaker 6: Sure, they were in that, and they were basically they were getting shot at.
Speaker 4: And they were having grenades thrown at him.
Speaker 6: So they would move out when the grenades had come in, keep their heads low enough, and then go back in and the story was, is that his grandfather. They got out and then they went back in and they missed a grenade that they didn't see and he jumped on it to save the rest of them. He's like, uh, yeah, it's a it's an unbelievable story. And then they came back and Jason Kelsey was sobbing because he's the one who interviewed the guy and he was sobbing about the story.
Speaker 4: It's it's worth ale, It's worth a watch if you can find it.
Speaker 6: It's an incredible story, a bravery and all that stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Anyway, both of those guys on Friday night and Ben both were like, look, we you know, we don't ask for much. Just say thanks on Tuesday. And that's that's what a lot of us get a shot to do. If you have somebody in the military that you know, you say thanks, and you know, I don't know what else you can do. Those guys are the best. Guys and gals are pretty impressive.
Speaker 2: Yep, no doubt about it.
Speaker 3: And so we said thanks, and we just keep on doing our at little show, hoping we make it smile and let me get to do it.
Speaker 1: Ere send it by builders and remodelers.
Speaker 4: John Criesel and Jim Nelson are two of the craziest dudes I've ever met. Yeah, I love them both. Never talk about them, Yeah, they probably do, but that's fine. Yeah, let's see here. We talked a lot about this. We talked a lot about that. Um all right again, the breaking news from me today was that the Giants fire Brian day Ball.
Speaker 2: You call it day Ball?
Speaker 4: Oh okay, that's that joke? Uh so was it? S I somebody has a list of like fifteen candidates that might replace Brian Dable as as head coach of the Giants. Some big time college football names like Marcus Freeman, the guy from Texas A and m whatever. The names like Bill Belichick slide in there, kobia like dance outs. Thanks. If you're the Giants, do you have any any any any interest in Bill Belichick? No? Or is that ship completely sailed? No? No? I mean, if you're any team, do you have interest in?
Speaker 6: Because he wants full control. That's one of the main reasons he didn't get that Atlanta job that everybody thought he would get last year, whatever that was. It's because he wants full control. One of the other names on that list was Brian Flores.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeat, don't know, man, brother Babe Ruth.
Speaker 4: That's Chad? Is he right?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean I think he's dead.
Speaker 11: Gotta know, man, Probably Gene Wilder.
Speaker 4: I think he's dead. Now we're gonna get in trouble because that's an AI generated voice. That's not real. Man, You're supposed to be just human all the time. We're going to get fired. Well, we're gonna get replaced by that voice. As the next coach of the Giants is Gene Wilder. I don't think Chad knows what he's doing. Abit No, Chad gpt uh So Mike Mike Kafka will take over as interim head coach. He's been a finalist for a couple of jobs the last couple of years but hasn't gotten them. But yeah, he gets a small window to shine with with who at quarterback?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 4: Because do we know if Jackson Dart's even gonna play? Are they going to go back to Russ?
Speaker 11: Ya don't know, man, sounds like dance out.
Speaker 4: Okay, so maybe start against the Packers. I'll cross them all. No, I think no, I take that back.
Speaker 6: I think I saw Damn Fouts at something the other dayDay.
Speaker 4: Sorry us on TV, so sorry seventy.
Speaker 6: He was one of the celebrities they showed during the Pittsburgh Chargers game on Sunday. That would make sense. He played for them.
Speaker 11: Maybe maybe you need to take a little, a little nap in the ground.
Speaker 4: Whoa sho.
Speaker 5: Relax man, let's see here. I saw him yesterday. No, it was two days ago. Relaxed, took a deep breath.
Speaker 4: Maybe he was getting apple fritters of Jerry's. Oh sounds amazing. What you were going to say something now, there's no turning.
Speaker 2: Just do it.
Speaker 4: Marnie's intrigued. She wants to know what you were gonna say. So yesterday you woke up. Louie and I went to Jerry's to get some groceries. And we're walking through the aisles and all of a sudden, I'm like, oh god, Louis pooped himself. And I'm like, oh, this is fine. He's a kid. That's what babies do.
Speaker 6: Right, And then we walked down the other aisle. I'm like, well, maybe it wasn't Louis. We walked down the next aile. It was not Louis. It was a grown man either farted the worst part of all time, or had pooped himself. It was not Louis. Did Louie think it was you?
Speaker 11: Man?
Speaker 4: You direct quote?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Okay, but yeah, somebody at Jerry's pooped their pants and it wasn't my ten month old. Well you asked, I was gonna stop. I put the brakes on. Captain Appleby's over there was you gotta.
Speaker 4: Say, here's Applebee's boy, Captain. Now yeah, yep, sorry, I wounded everybody's day. You could have offered the guys some wipes. I was going home.
Speaker 11: No, man, you'd be cool if you smoked some cigarette.
Speaker 4: I would. So you didn't go back up and down the aisles to figure out which an individual, which man it was. You know it was a dude. I just assume it was a dude. I'm Bill's Emperor. Hey, everybody poops, man? Yeah? Correct, you read the books.
Speaker 7: R E M.
Speaker 4: We'll play it.
Speaker 6: Speaking of r EM do you know the Michael Shannon guy we were talking about earlier is in an R.
Speaker 4: E M. Cover band. The more you know, I know you guys hate me, but you don't have to lay it on so thick. We're not saying anything. I can hear it in my head. Is that going, Yeah, a lot of O. Why are you so beating to me? And then I'm gonna walk in there and to get my chips, like, hey, fatty, you're back being to me, like, yeah, you should need more chips. Tons of fun and I wish I could do a mister Bean impression right now. Doesn't he not talk, doesn't mean mumble, he mumbles. Doesn't mister Bean mumbles? He says anything you need you like that bit? Oh that's Popeye the Sailor man. I don't think you've seen any of these ask a questions talking. I knew that joke was. I mean, she was trying to duck and cover sounds. What were you saying about cows and Popeye? Get it on? Hoggs? Oh do you think Robin Williams and Shelley have all hooked up back in the day? Well, didn't they say that.
Speaker 6: I think somebody did an interview about that movie and said, that's the most cocaine they've ever seen. That they that's on the set of the most cocaine anyone's ever seen is on the set of Popeye. And they would fly it in on these film canisters because they said they needed more film. Yeah, and you could see it when you watch clips of it, you're like, holy smokes, that's not the spinach. No, he's I don't think he blinked in two weeks.
Speaker 4: The whole village from that they built from that movie set is still in Malta. It's like, yeah, it's like a water park. Malta is obsessed with Popeyes. With Popeye. Yeah, he's on all the all the T shirts and everything. They have a whole.
Speaker 11: Probably Cuba. I don't know, man, sound like something happened over here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right. Yeah, thanks. You know what? Chad GPT is getting better, not bad.
Speaker 11: I don't know, man, maybe Tuesday, that's today.
Speaker 4: He's confused, but he's learning.
Speaker 8: Why does Chad start every sentence with yeah, I don't know, man, Radio paid for it.
Speaker 11: I don't know, man, that does thirty one?
Speaker 4: What the hell is wrong with him? I think he needs to be rebooted.
Speaker 6: Well, MAXI wasn't kidding, but what Popeye village?
Speaker 4: You should go there?
Speaker 2: You should go today?
Speaker 4: Should you should? Whoa? We should have a great day today.
Speaker 2: Thanks.
Speaker 4: You've said so many times in the show that you have been accused of being. Is it brutus or Bluto. We always are. Star used to call me Bluto, right that you look exact. That's like the bad guy from Popeye with a beard. Yeah, it's not wrong. You do kind of look like the guy that played him in the movie. Let me look that up, saying, I mean it's the same. It's the beard, it's the same thing. Yeah, relax, man, Well you have a beard. Yeah, but not like that. But he's got it. But he can actually grow like a legit mustache at home. Oh I don't get that show cove Wow, help me the big give your sisters here in December? Man, Oh yeah, that's all in five. That's a morning spot again this year. Talks her monologue. Have we announced the date? I mean, I know, I know we know, but if we said it on the air, I don't know if we know. Do we know? I know thee I think we do know. I just don't know if we've announced it. YE don't know if we have either don't if it's a secret or not. I definitely don't know.
Speaker 8: Is there a Black Friday show, Yes, ma'am is.
Speaker 4: Has that been announced?
Speaker 2: No, but it is happening. We know the day it's happening.
Speaker 4: Okay, for Thanksgiving. Yes, we'll be the twenty fourth anniversary of the Power Trip Morning Show Wonderful Friday. The show will just be seven to nine, but Abbott's scheduled. The email says six to nine, which is another reason I never read those emails is they're just inaccurate. So will it be here in this studio? Great question?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think it heavily leaning towards no. Okay, yes, but not might be on location? Yes, one, you want to know that two weeks from Friday the people could be there. That'd be great, Okay, Just making sure I'm have my facts. It'll all come together. It's always works, does it does headlines when we come back. The rest of the Power Trip Morning Schill will be commercial free after these ones.
Speaker 1: On the Fan, kf An and the Vikings are teaming up for Toys for Tots. Join us live at Shields and Eden Prairie on Tuesday, December third, from five to thirty am until six thirty pm for annual broadcasts presented by Unreal Broadcast.
Speaker 4: Broadcast.
Speaker 1: For annual broadcast presented by Unreal, bring a toy, spread some joy, Yes, and if you're one of the first fifty dance donors.
Speaker 4: I'm dance My way to Love your kind of a what kind of show? This is going to be? First fifty donors.
Speaker 1: Each show you'll score a sweet Kfan unreal winter beanie.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, details atcafe dot com. Slash toys, where do you get?
Speaker 8: Yeahwe toys should be for kids, the tots if you will.
Speaker 4: Yes, Like Scott, that means needed a clarification.
Speaker 1: Even what happened, that's one of the most painful episodes television.
Speaker 4: No, it's it's a it's no. So there was this local businessman in Pennsylvania that like pledged to basically pay for a whole bunch of kids college educations and it just didn't work out. So we just got them laptop batteries. They were lithiums.
Speaker 2: They wouldn't do another one. That was the first season, wasn't it.
Speaker 4: It was like seasons it was six.
Speaker 2: I think I thought.
Speaker 3: I thought that was like one of the ones that they cited as being a little too rough.
Speaker 4: It was a hard watch. Uh yeah, just a whole bunch of kids ready to go to college for free, and Michael Scott's that, Hey, mister Scott, what you're gonna do? What you're gonna do make our dreams come.
Speaker 2: It's the w Yeah, it's so honestly, we're talking about mine.
Speaker 4: It's such a good episo. I've seen a lot of the Office. Yeah, golly ma, if you can get past the cringe, it's funny. It's impossible.
Speaker 2: Basically, he told these kids he was gonna pay for them to go to college.
Speaker 4: And like twenty years or not.
Speaker 2: When they were in like elementary school.
Speaker 4: Yeah. One of my favorite lines from that episode. I'm in a paraphrase, but it's something like I thought I'd be a millionaire by the time I was thirty, but by the time I was forty, I was actually farther away from me. So essentially, he didn't have enough money. So he didn't even have enough money to buy them laptop. So he just bought them laptop.
Speaker 3: By the way, real quick for you get into that course if you're tuning in because you're used to the Nard Dog, as Marty calls him, Jonathan Gernard being on the Power Trip on Tuesdays.
Speaker 2: He's gonna have to skip this.
Speaker 3: Week because the injuries makes sense. Yep, that doesn't mean that he's more injured or lesson. It just means that's by the rules. Yep, he has to play by him. So we love you, Jonathan. We hope you're doing good.
Speaker 4: That's why I thought maybe maybe maybe he broke some rules. A couple of weeks ago. Remember we had him on that same day with Pella Sero and I was like, hey, how's the ankle? And He's like, I'm playing on Saturday. Come on, man, let's go. Yeah, I'm playing. I'm fine, right yeah, And Tom's like, cool, we're breaking news. It's like, well, yeah, that's why they don't want players like that to talk, because you're not supposed to say what the rest of the whatever doesn't know. So whatever. I'm just glad it's not a serious injury because it looked really really bad. It looked like he was in a ton of pain. Yeah, I thought he broke something into or something for sure. Oh did I already hit the button? Wolf River Electric and Wolf River Electric dot Com. Those guys are the best. You can go solo. You can get solar panels put on, you can ask all the right questions, you can get a free quote at Wolf River Electric dot Com. Definitely do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 4: It's been awesome. Lot of sunshine today, sir, exactly.
Speaker 2: Like a different state author doesn't make.
Speaker 4: That power happen. Yeah, man, we met to it yesterday. Rough week for Kim Kardashian, Right, she failed the bar exam. Her show is getting absolutely obliterated by critics and viewers alike. It's got five percent on Rotten Tomatoes and it sounds like that's generous. It's four now, it's four yep. She also now came out and said she is really upset with her psychics because they all told her she would pass the bar exam. No, yes, what she's mad at her psychics. I think somewhere I read she has four.
Speaker 2: Why didn't know them one?
Speaker 4: I don't know. But she's upset with all of her psychics because they all told her that she would pass the bar exam.
Speaker 2: What, well, maybe she will the next time. Yeah, a lot of people takes a couple of times, right.
Speaker 8: Did they say this time or do they just leave it in general terms?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Have you seen Chris Jenner and how much she looks like Kim? A little frightening? Really?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Oh boy?
Speaker 2: Yeah? No kidding.
Speaker 4: She had a procedure.
Speaker 6: I think somebody joked she walked in and said here are the faces of my two prettiest children.
Speaker 4: Make me look like this, Jesus, who are the two prettiest ones? I think I think the model, Yeah, Kim. I think it's Kim and Kendall.
Speaker 8: Yeah, not the Kardashian, the Jenner, the older one, yeah, Kendall.
Speaker 4: I think Kylie's older. I think I think Kendall is the youngest man. I don't know. Okay, well, she does look good, but she looks but she doesn't look her age though, which is also whatever? Kylie young? How old is Kylie? Are they both billionaires or just Kendall is thirty? Kendall just turned thirty, okayre has the billion Yeah, Kyle, it definitely does because of the makeup. So maybe Kendall is not a millionaire yet She's not only at eight hundred and fifty million. What a waste of time? Too much for you, Marns problems all of them could buy this. The Wicked Witch's hat from the original Wizard of Oz is hitting the auction block next month. My wow, yeah say that again. I was looking at the hat from Wizard of Oz. The Witch's hat from Wizard of Oz Kardashian rumors. Wow, how will you be seeing Wicked for Good when it comes out.
Speaker 2: Fusay, yes, looking forward to it.
Speaker 4: I'm very excited for this as well too.
Speaker 8: The Witch's Hat is one of those things that I loved about the movie Wicked.
Speaker 4: I never saw it on Broadway.
Speaker 8: I knew it was the origin story of the Witches, but I had no idea what their story was, and just the little details of where did the hat come from? That they addressed that at which I I'm sure they do in the musical as well, but that those kinds of things are just man, they just the way they make it come together, it's so meaningful. How much do you think that hat's going to go for on an open auction? I mean, that's millions of dollars, is it not.
Speaker 4: It's got to be hundreds of thousands momum, right, Yeah, I mean there's that. I think it was on. I think it's on. It doesn't matter.
Speaker 6: But there's a documentary about the Ruby Slippers and how one of the last pairs was I think in Minnesota got stolen. Member, yeah, I got stolen, and then the guy finally sold him for auction, and I think.
Speaker 4: It went for like.
Speaker 11: Mallon.
Speaker 4: Somebody fact check this because again you can't trust Ai yet. According to Google Gemini, the hat was sold in twenty twenty four for two point nine to three million. Whoa, and a new auction for a different hat worn by the character scheduled for this year with a starting bit of one hundred thousand, so they're not sure exactly what it's going for. But a different hat worn by Margaret Hamilton went for two point nine to three million. Bye, you don't know that.
Speaker 8: What a great time because because of the popularity of the movie, certainly the value of the hat is much more now, even though that hat was not worn in the movie. But it's just researching the popularity, so smart on whoever's selling it.
Speaker 4: Pull your hands up. The Wicked Witch what.
Speaker 2: I mean?
Speaker 3: It turns out she wasn't actually that wicked, you know? Yeah, Like, and she's green you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah? Are you talking about the actual witch or the lady that rides the bike and tries to kill Toto?
Speaker 2: The actual the actual witch one of the same baby.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, and the other lady he would because she's mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're both mean. Yeah, and she's green.
Speaker 6: Man, Yeah, the Wicked Witch terrifies me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she was very in that original movie.
Speaker 8: Yes, and those screaming monkeys, yeah, they had.
Speaker 6: I think she went on an episode of Mister Rogers to talk about how she was just an actress because so many kids were scared her and Carrie Ellis, who's here, Elise?
Speaker 4: She's an actress. Oh okay, see what he did there? Didn't her house burn down? That was Terry Kaiser. Well she's an actress. Yeah, she's an actress. Speaking of actresses, Chris, this is forre you buddy. What we first heard that Mss Piggy was getting her own standalone movie, and now so is Jessica Rabbit.
Speaker 1: Well, Hawk's seeing those standalone movies already, right.
Speaker 4: Gary Wolfe is the creator of Roger Rabbit and in Tunetown and Who Framed Roger Rabbit. It's based on his nineteen eighty one book Who Censored Roger Rabbit and it was. It sounds like he got the rights to her and them back from Disney because Disney didn't want to do anything.
Speaker 2: What do you mean?
Speaker 4: I think the whole group, like the whole Roger Rabbit universe, So the one that's he got them back. So the project that is the furthest along is the Jessica Rabbit movie, and it is live action, so I have no idea if it's going to be like Roger Rabbit, where everybody else's live action but she's still animated, or if they're going to hire somebody to play her. I have no idea any ideas on who you'd want to play Jessica Rabbit. I can, I can. I'm gonna write this down. I'm gonna write this down like this. This is actual match game. Okay, Chris come up with an actual, non bit answer. Okay, yeah, I just did. Who plays just a rabbit? Hang on, I'm gonna write it down because I know what Chris is gonna say, going to type it into a.
Speaker 2: All right, guess I'm trying to be real.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, everybody try to match him exactly. Well, then let me. I'm locked in. Marnie, you locked in, Zach you're in yep, my lap my laptops. Well, then you can just go first one of us. You're you're locked in. Yeah, Marnie, go first. Jolly Parton, Dolly Parton, Sauce, Christina Hendricks, Zachary Sydney Sweeney, Sidney Sweeney. I also said, Christina Hendrix, Chris.
Speaker 3: You know that those are all good answers. But does that got it right? Sidney Sweeney came to Chris. He's the one that came to mind, and I just said that because I didn't think of Christina.
Speaker 4: He forgot about her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, sorry Christina.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's devastated somewhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, good for her.
Speaker 4: I mean yeah, I mean I have to find my darling husband. I'm so worried about him. Serious, what are you saying that guy? He makes me laugh.
Speaker 2: That was somebody's talking to Sausa his wife.
Speaker 4: Oh he's really been after you today. I'm fine? Yeah, all right. So heard that one of the all time greatest TV shows was a show with Chris Hansen called to Catch a Predator dateline To Catch a Predator, Right, and you'd have a guy that drove like twelve hours through the middle of the night to show up to some underage girls house, and inevitably, when they were busted, he would almost always say I was either going to I was here to mentor them, or I was worried about them because it sounded like they were home alone, or I was going to tell them the dangers of talking to people online. Right. It was somebody would always say something like that, I was just here to save them your hand. I'll bring le zema or Applebee's sticks.
Speaker 11: Let's just play the initials game exactly exactly.
Speaker 4: So now what's happening into the police. A police chief in Massachusetts was arrested in a middle school parking lot for allegedly soliciting you know what for a fee he was gonna pay for it. He says, he's not guilty. He said he meets with girls to talk to them, to try to quote set them straight so they can get off of the streets shoot him. So he wasn't gonna actually do it. He just it's a trap so he can mentor them and say, no, you do better things with your life. You shouldn't be doing this. So he meets them in middle school parking lots and doesn't actually do it. My god, I do not think that's going to hold up in court. Good luck, buddy, Martie. I'm going to read a sentence. I don't have a lot of answers. I'm just gonna read it. You're going to react in any way you see fit. I'm Brian Schuck. Brian and I read listening. Studies have found that eating lots of garlic can make men's armpits smell more attractive to women. Help me, whoa is that guy? Okay, man, garlic is great. I just lied and said I don't have any context. I have one piece of context. They The theory is that somehow you know that whatever the hormones or the pheromones, whatever there's that women can can tell that there are antioxidants in the person's system. So theoretically, eating a ton of garlic, you can literally smell that that person is healthy. So if tons of garlic makes the armpits of men smell more attractive to women, So if you're like, man, I've been single for four years, just hammer it garlic. I mean, just hammer garlic. Garlic is great. Do you eat garlic core?
Speaker 10: Not really?
Speaker 4: I mean like garlic garlictosha, But that's about it. But no cheese. You need a monster.
Speaker 10: Ah.
Speaker 4: Thanks Rose, appreciate you man. How did you say that?
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Just a couple of days ago we played this.
Speaker 9: Remember remember the fifth of November, the Gunpowder treason and plot. I know of no reason why the Gunpowder treason should ever be forgotten.
Speaker 4: James Gunn is producing a V for Vendetta series for HBO. Oh wow, I'd watch that V for Vendetta kicks ass. I've it's fantastic and it holds up. You would still like it. You've seen it, right, hogs?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I saw that in the sequel.
Speaker 4: What's the sequel?
Speaker 2: V's for something else as well?
Speaker 4: Victory? You wrote it. We have one episode of task left? Oh man? Yeah, boy, good show, good luck.
Speaker 8: I will I went off all of your recommendations, and you're right, really well written, good characters.
Speaker 4: I'm invested.
Speaker 8: It kind of went off the rails for me a little bit in the episode where everyone's in the woods and they're all after each other and shooting each other, and it kind of got a little over the top.
Speaker 4: That's a woman's viewpoint, yes, And it didn't make me fall off or not want to watch it.
Speaker 8: I just thought this show has been incredible, and then it definitely went down a couple of notches because I thought it got borderline.
Speaker 4: Ridiculous because of how inaccurate the gunfire is, yes, and how a guy could be choking someone and leaving him near for.
Speaker 8: Dead and then two minutes later that guy is up and running and Okay, I'm I'm still into it.
Speaker 4: I still care what happens to everyone.
Speaker 2: But.
Speaker 4: Well, up in the last episode, Okay, do it, I will Hard Sauce. You can go ahead and say it again, or you want me to say it for you, you can. Saus cried when he watched it, and then he told his wife about the final episode six hours later and he cried again. So that's because he is sensitive. I'm just saying that it's the last episode that show. Multiple times, you're like, how do they have four episodes left? And then even after the seventh episode, how is there one more hour? And then you realize you're like, oh, there's a lot left, and it's still going to rip your heart out one more time. Oh my god. Back to uh, back to lighter notes. So harned. You guys have all seen Superman on some level, right, whether it's the old ones with Christopher Reeve or whatever, right, yeah, Reeves or Reeve. I always get him and Cheryl mixed up. I think Christopher Christopher Reeves and Cheryl Reeves. Definitely Cheryl Reeves singular, but I think he's Reeves with well, yeah, get together all right. So that's gonna be the easy way to remember it moving forward both singular anyway, So we've all seen Superman on some level. Name a character, you're like, I have no interest in having that person have their own series because I don't need to know more about them. Hey, it's in a weird way. You're on the right path. Name a few more Clark Kent, No, he's kind of the star that Lois Lane is a big enough deal. Mark, Nope. The photographer reporter guy Jimmy Olsen from Superman is getting his own series, you get it. Who gives a rats asked about Jimmy Olsen? Who the hell is Jimmy mister beast? I think you know somebody listening to this is named Jimmy Olsen.
Speaker 8: Who gets aping me ain't eating chips in the production?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 10: That was me.
Speaker 4: I like chips. Great, great series. They need to make another series about chips. But think how many people have like these unbelievable ideas. They go to a movie studio or a TV studio and they pitch an idea and they're like, that's too obscure, man, that's just not gonna work. And then they read in the trades or they read in the press, somebody got a Jimmy Olsen series green lit, and you're going, what now? Yes, sorry about that? Sorry about that? Who cares about that? I don't watch why don't have arms? And their eyes are droopy?
Speaker 7: What else have you do?
Speaker 4: We're gonna watch Superman spinoffs? Eyed armless children? Charlie gets it why in his drugged out statement droopy ey armless shoulder and it rolled off his tongue like it wasn't the first time he said that phrase, like.
Speaker 2: You'd seen a few of them, eyed armless children, so specific.
Speaker 1: And so casually said, like I would have to think about that first.
Speaker 4: God man sounds like he's sitting back in his chair and he just he went on tour with that bit, right man, like he hearn on the documentary.
Speaker 6: He went on tour and just spoke nonsense and sold out places, and eventually people were like, this is the same thing over and over again, all right, last one out of me.
Speaker 4: A woman in Ohio named Nancy pushed the wrong button on a lottery vending machine. We've all seen those, right, She pushed the wrong one, accidentally bought the wrong thing, and she wonaire. She won the chance to be on a lottery show called Cash Explosion TV. She won seventy five hundred in the first round of the show, and then scored another fifty k in the second chance Cashow challenge. So she won fifty seven five hundred dollars by hitting the wrong button. Good for her. Awesome, that's a great amount. In damn near double that as she calls the wrong number on Friday, Corey exactly. The initial jackpot is what one three five three five? Yeah, the one hundred and three thousand, five hundred dollars stay shit on Friday?
Speaker 2: Hey, can I do something special?
Speaker 7: Sure?
Speaker 2: Can we end the show little early today?
Speaker 3: Of course it's Veterans Day. And I promised this guy, and we all did we promise this guy. We'd never forget him. And so on Veterans Day. From the Power Trip Morning Show on June fourteenth of twenty thirteen, the final appearance of our friend Lieutenant Colonel Mark Webber, who passed away not long after this. And I know his his kids are out there listening from time to time. I know his his wife is out there listening from time to time. And this is the last time, my time he was ever on the show. One of our our our favorite people ever on the show, and obviously a veteran. Can I play his final comments?
Speaker 4: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Of course, there you go, old on, Sorry, here you go.
Speaker 10: Hey, Mark, I don't want to be I'm not trying to be ghoulish or anything like that. We've talked about this one then before. Yeah, come on, yeah, but we've got one minute left and the show. You take your time because Pa doesn't mind, he'll wait for you. But let's just say this is the last time you're on the power to of morn show. It's not going to be but let's say this. Yeah, what do you want us to remember about Mark Weber?
Speaker 2: That Mark Ross quote?
Speaker 12: Mm hm, you know, skid it in Broadside, you know, just lived life with purpose.
Speaker 4: I don't I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 12: If there's one thing, you know, like a spirit, if you if you remembered anything, I would want you to remember the spirit because words aren't always remembered exactly right. But I know from talking with you guys and seeing you face to face that there's a connection and I can see that and there's you know, there's that social uh connection.
Speaker 4: So remembering that spirit, Well, thank you for making such an impact in my life. I mean near humor above a Hall. I mean, that's so refreshing in your situation.
Speaker 2: I'm just never going to forget that I eat all that bacon.
Speaker 4: Well that too, I know, and you left none cancer, Chris, I don't know. I'll be fine. I'm sure i'll be fine. I guess I'll just take some extra chemo this afternoon.
Speaker 11: I felt so bad.
Speaker 2: I was breathing right in your face.
Speaker 4: At all the time. I can tell that you felt.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Hey, we love you man, thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Good to see you, buddy, Yeah, great to see you.
Speaker 2: See you again. Okay, all right, come back and like June, all right, so there he goes.
Speaker 11: Has in a way, would have a wonderful day.
Speaker 2: Grass Skinner Rocks.
Speaker 4: I need the one we call today