Speaker 1: All right, it's mojo in the morning. The weather's is going to get worse as the week goes on. And it was interesting. I was noticing that there's a handful of school closures because of the extreme cold, and I thought that there would be more, to be quite honest with you, when I saw that there were some. And then I've realized what the schools do as far as a guideline is concerned. Like I always wondered, how does the school district superintendent or the principle of certain schools decide that they're going to cancel a school And I always figured that it's usually the one superintendent that's got balls to say we're canceled today that makes everybody else do it. But they all have to have some kind of a prerequisite, like how many inches of snow is there? Is their bus system able to get kids to school? Or of it is it safe for the parents to be pulling in and out of the drop off lines of school and getting the kids out without getting an accent Well the cold weather, I finally figured out what that is. What was that was that a purpose? So the schools that didn't close today have a guideline and the school guideline is or the handbook guideline is negative twenty degree real field temperature. So if you go and you see that the temperature right now is four degrees, but the real field temperature is minus seventeen, we aren't at that point.
Speaker 2: Yet three more degrees.
Speaker 1: If the guideline is minus negative twenty degrees, we may not get that to that until later this week when it's supposedly going to feel minus twenty degrees. That means why the threshold is twenty I think it's because they there's a safety factor in how long you can be exposed your skin can be exposed to that. And right now actually there in the true right which by the way, the Detroit closed their schools. Detroit, the temperature is four degrees with a real feel of minus six that is well higher than what the minus twenty degrees is. But they decided to cancel schools today. And I think that there's probably some reason behind that, and maybe it's the schools can't don't have the ability to heat as well as they can at minus six degrees rel feel.
Speaker 3: Or they have a lot of I feel like they have a lot of walkers as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is really a thing now that we have virtual stuff, Like do they make your kids do stuff?
Speaker 3: No, they know, No, that's nice. I thought that would be the case too, but no, they don't. They don't necessarily bring their computers home every day. So it's really not It's not.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, they got to keep on snow days. I agree what I mean, well, COVID. COVID ruined us with the virtual thing. You kids got to have a snow day. Snow day was one of the greatest, you know, things I've ever remembered as a kid.
Speaker 4: Enough. I was talking to Davida in the kitchen this morning. She was like, my kids are so sick of being home. When they heard they had a snow day today, they were upset. Like really, yeah, that's what she said. She said they had two days.
Speaker 2: Off house r.
Speaker 4: Two days off, two days off before and then yesterday off for Mlkday, and then today off and then they're probably gonna have Friday off.
Speaker 1: So it is kind of Truey, that's going to be the day as a kid, you want to like see your friends, you want to be with your friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love a good snow day. Snow days were great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, snow days, it's always every day is a snow day. And Kevin's uh in Kevin's life there because when Josiah's over at his house, that kid's never going to bed, even if he's got school.
Speaker 2: The next morning. I don't know what SOUNDM just signing with the bed this morning.
Speaker 3: Snow days are fun. No, snow days are fun. This weather, though, with the wind chill is that is not fun. Even if you have a snow day, you're not going outside to play with your friends.
Speaker 5: Just to have a day on a school rocking chill in the house, watch my favorite TV shows not wearing any pants.
Speaker 2: Sure, just to add that, that's what just says.
Speaker 5: You know what's crazy though, So when I wake up this morning, you're prepared to go to work, you know, give Joe a little kiss on his cheek, make.
Speaker 2: Sure you know I tell him goodby or whatever like that.
Speaker 5: I look on his iPad, which is like literally directly in front of his face. So he went to sleep watching something, this anime show. It was boobies in there.
Speaker 4: It was still on.
Speaker 5: Yes, now they weren't exposed, but that's literally the last like I walked in there, I moved a iPad and it's like, yeah, something about a rack, and like it showed the only thing in the scene was the girl. You say iraq or a rack, a rack like boobs.
Speaker 2: You have a conversation, but when I go back home, you don't replay that.
Speaker 5: I want to see what you full context of this anime is do you remember as a kid when you would stay up really late at night and that was when the cable stuff turned over to night? At my grandma's house used to a little my grandma form in it, and it was like, you know, she had her one TV in the main room where everyone was, and I used to sleep on the couch. The couch was like in the room right behind the main TV. So she would take some of the pillows and like build like a tower to where I couldn't see, but sometimes I could still see. So when they walked upstairs and everybody would to sleep, sometimes I'll wake up and like turn a TV on three o'clock in the morning. On BT they had bet Uncut and that's where they would show all the music videos that were dirty that they couldn't show on like one oh six apart.
Speaker 2: Your eyes are still so big that I.
Speaker 5: Could tell you that Nelly tip drill re took the credit card and sliced it down the girl booty.
Speaker 2: It was that video. And then it was what was the video?
Speaker 5: Luda?
Speaker 2: Chris had a video. I want to say it was a splash waterfalls. Oh my god, it was good.
Speaker 5: And then I remember remember on Comedy Central where he said the girl's gone wild for this. Oh yeah, And then don't even get me started on that, Dana.
Speaker 1: As a Detroit school teacher, what did you want to say? I said, we got the call that school was closed because so many of our students walk to school and it was gonna be too cold.
Speaker 3: But even if there was school.
Speaker 1: There wouldn't be enough an attendance for the day to count anyway. Oh wow, okay, interesting, So you guys are closed. You'll probably be closed again this week, right later this week, maybe even tomorrow again.
Speaker 2: You guys may not have school all week. Running out of days.
Speaker 4: I don't know, do y'all?
Speaker 5: Is it true that you guys have to make up the days so like you would normally get out, Let's say June thirteenth, for some arbitrary number, you attack on all those ex days.
Speaker 4: We can get a waiver from the state.
Speaker 5: We have before back in like twenty eighteen.
Speaker 2: I think it was gonna be.
Speaker 3: Close for a whole week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you remember that we had that one year I was twenty fourteen where it was the what did they call it? They had a special name for it.
Speaker 2: It was the cold.
Speaker 1: It was the coldest time that we've ever had, and at that time, it was the year that they had to do that. And what they did was they took away some vacations, which I remember that was part of I'm of the school district's handling in that. So they took away like some teachers in service days. So hold on a second, Steve wants to go back to Kevin watching Dirty.
Speaker 2: What did you want to say, Steve? Okay, what's the enemy called? Man? People want to know? Say tomorrow, dirty bat