Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 4: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can't they printing money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 5: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 1: Now your pregame host of the World champion LA Dodgers, tam Cats.
Speaker 3: Hi, everybody, and good afternoon. Welcome to my Wrong Goo Casino. Dodgers on deck on this Monday afternoon, as you're back to back World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers are on the road in the mile highest City to start a three game set against the Colorado Rockies. Dodgers seventy four and fifty one on this season first place a top the NL West, but their lead is now seven in the division after a four and three homestand I saw the Dodgers sweep the Kansas City Royals, but they drop three of four to the Milwaukee Brewers.
Speaker 5: They now head to Denver for a three game series.
Speaker 3: Blake Snell on the mound in the series opener, first pitch from Corsefield is coming up at five point forty.
Speaker 5: Between then and.
Speaker 3: Now, we got a lot to cover here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck. You are going to hear for the Dodger manager Dave Roberts, who was not too happy with the way his team's been playing on the last home stand. Well, here with Doc has to say. Coming up in twenty minutes, we'll preview this pitching matchup. David Vassa will join us throughout the hour. He'll go one on one with Dodger reliever Evan Phillips. Coming up in forty five minutes, we got your Dodgers magical moment. Charlie Steinders stops by. Shortly we'll visit with Kirsten Watson from Sports Net LA, and in just a few minutes we will check in with Tim Neverett and Rick Monday out the Galloping Ford Broadcast booth. Well, yesterday the Dodgers were trying to get the sweep or the split with the Milwaukee Brewers. Unfortunately, they ran into Logan Henderson, who went seven innings allowed just a one run on three hits. The Dodgers offense was not very good in the series against Milwaukee, and yesterday they struggled the street together hits. Meanwhile, Terrek Scooble got the start for the Dodgers. He goes six innings, two runs, seven hits, seven strikeouts. Didn't get the defensive help he was looking for. That started in the second inning on a ground ball field, there's choice and air officially on Tommy edmonted second that brought in the first run of the game, as Milwaukee had a one to nothing lead. Fast forward to the fourth, the Dodgers looking for some offense and they found it in Max Munsey.
Speaker 2: Man given the situation, let alone the pitch that was awful monthly, on the very next pitch flies one to deep right field, carrying.
Speaker 7: Back Man it is gone.
Speaker 8: Max Monsey ties the game with a two out solo home run, and man with the most home runs in the history of this ballpark, adds to that tally and resets the ballgame.
Speaker 9: Oh but that's going to be a spark for this Dodger ball club. They need a spark and they need it quickly.
Speaker 3: And they got that spark from Max Mounsey his twenty fourth home run of the season, number two thirty three as a dodger Is seventh since the All Star Break. However, that tie game in a one didn't last very long. Top half of the fifth inning, Jake Bowers, with two outs bloop single to write that gave the Brewers a two to one lead. In the seventh, the Dodgers bullpen gave it up and Guardo and Riquez got the first two outs, and then it turned into a two out rally for the Brewers. They scored two more runs take a four to one lead. They attacked on two more on a ninth inning air from Tommy Emmon.
Speaker 5: It was a six to one Brewers lead. Bottom of the ninth inning.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers didn't manage to get one more back, so three of the.
Speaker 9: Four games the starting pitchers had done exactly what you're talking about. Give your ball club a chance to win.
Speaker 2: Paz hits one high in the ear to deep left field. This ball's carrying back in it is gone. A home run for Randy Pajes, a three to two pitch from d L Hall, and it's now six to two.
Speaker 3: Andy Pijes with a solo home run in the ninth inning, his twenty first of the season. But it wasn't gonna be enough. The Dodgers go on and fall to the Brewers two. As the Dodgers yesterday had a couple of opportunities late. They had first and third eighth inning show hey Otani, though grind it into a double play. The Brewers scored sixteen runs in this series, compared to the Dodgers, who outscored ten to three in the final two games of the series. Justin Robuski was placed on the il. That was also bad news yesterday. Logan Hinterson the win, Trek schoobl to the loss. Schooble now zero to two and three starts since coming over at the trade deadline from Detroit. Dodgers dropped three of four to Milwaukee. They lose the season series. They go four and three on the home stand. The Dodgers they dropped eleven of their last sixteen. Dave Roberts not too happy after the game yesterday. First pitch though from Denver, as they look to turn the page. Coming up at five poin forty as they start a brand news series three games against the Colorado Rockies. Maybe it's a get right series for the Dodgers. We'll find out with more. Let's head out to the Galloping Ford Broadcast booth. As we welcome in Tim Neberdy Rick Monday.
Speaker 7: Guys, Tim, thank you very much.
Speaker 10: This is a beautiful, warm evening here in the Rocky Mountains in down town, Denver, the lower portion of it at Coors Field, as the Dodgers and the Colorado Rockies gets set to begin a three game set. The Dodgers start the night seven up on the San Diego Padres seventy four and fifty one. Meantime, the Rockies fifty and seventy four in the basement of the National League West, twenty three and a half games behind the Dodgers. Tomoyuki Sugano will get the start tonight. He's twelve and five. The Rockies have had anybody who's had any success this year, it's been Sugano, and he will oppose left hander Blake Snell. Snell makes his second start since coming off the injured list. He was very good last time out, and he's been very good against the Rockies in his career. Otani will be back at the top of the lineup and Freeman batting second. The lineup looks rather familiar mode, but it's been three things that have been an issue for the Dodgers in recent days that you can point at, and that's offense, defense, and pitching.
Speaker 9: Yeah, other than that has been fine. The pitching has been holding up. The book been's been doing a better jobs as we progress. But you know, the times are difficult right now. Dodgers have lost eleven of the last sixteen in that period of time, averaging just under three and a half runs a ballgame. And they missed a golden opportunity in that four game series against the Milwaukee Brewers, so they not only lost three out of the four, but also they lost the tie breaker to the Brewers, which could have postseason ramification. So the Dodgers have they have to tighten the belt. I agree with you. It's not just one area. It's just about every area. It's encompassed into the losses that they've had recently. And if we put in perspective, you know, this is game number one hundred and twenty six, so seventy seven percent of the season has already been played, and Fellows, this is a great time to start a winning stream.
Speaker 10: And you know as well as anybody, you went through the battles as a player for better than nineteen years if you count your time outside of the major leagues. But you can't just flip the switch in baseball and say, Okay, it's time to win now. You've got to find a way to change the approach.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 10: The one thing that Dave Roberts has talked about saying, look, you know, the approaches at the plate have not been the same. Guys aren't taking as many walks, not getting as many base runs.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think first of all, the preparation is there. These guys are working hard. We see that end of it. They're working hard each and every day. But the game plans are there. I just don't think they're able to execute right now on a competitive basis those game plans. So we're seeing our first question is for hitters, are you swinging at good pinches to begin with, especially early in the count? And I thought that was one of the issues that they had in dropping three of those four against the Brewers pitch selection that they were offering.
Speaker 7: It and playing here in Denver.
Speaker 10: People say, well, it's a great place to get right, that's a huge outfield. The ball carries well here. But as you and I both know, we both have seen a lot of ball games in this ballpark. It doesn't matter who's wearing the Rockies' uniforms. The two toughest innings typically are the eighth and ninth because they just never quit here.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I think the other part too, is awareness coming in. You're looking at Sigano. He's a ground ball pitcher and the ground ball batting average against him is very poor. So what are the Dodgers going to do? They're gonna have to have better selection of pitches. These guys understand. Is not just one guy that can all of a sudden turn things around. This is a joint effort and no better time than tonight. Game one is very brief three game road trip.
Speaker 7: Tell me Yoki Sogano for the Rockies.
Speaker 10: The right hander facing Dodgers left deep Blake Snell, Rockies and Dodgers coming up from coursefield, Tim all.
Speaker 3: Right, thank you very much, as we count you down to first pitch on this Monday, Dodger fans, get that game day meal on Shaky's Pizza parlor or your Shaky's pizza shaking and Mojo's right now, he's Shaky's dot Com coming up here on Dodgers on deck before first pitch, David Bassego's high and tight with Evan Phillips. We'll hear from DV throughout the hour. Charlie Stander stops by. We'll here from the manager, Dave Roberts. Latest of the Dodgers' injury news is yesterday Justin Robluski placed on the injured list.
Speaker 5: We got your Dodgers magical moment. We'll break down this pitching match up, but up next to your o Tani Rewind add it with Kirson Watson from Sports.
Speaker 1: In at LA.
Speaker 3: That's all coming up as we lead you up to first pitch with Mile High City.
Speaker 5: It's the Dodgers and Rockies. Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 3: Some'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and the Colorado Rockies on this Monday and night as the Dodgers finished off a home stand yesterday. Now a brief three game road trip in the Mile High City. Blake Snell, Tomoyuki Sigano. The pitching matchup. First pitch, Shit five forty.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani Rewid Big pitch to fill the count.
Speaker 2: So now Henderson with a payoff pitch, Well, Tani hits it on the ground through the right.
Speaker 5: Side, leadoff single for show hit.
Speaker 3: That was it a leadoff single in the first inning. Dodgers only had five hits in the entire game, two of which were sol a home runs from Andy Pojez and Max Bunsi. As the Dodgers fell to the Brewers yesterday by final all four to one.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 3: Hey, Kirston now joins us for the Mile High City, brought to you by Cars for Kids. The easiest way to get rid of that old car. Donate it today, your car could be picked up tomorrow.
Speaker 5: That easy.
Speaker 3: Donate now at carsfo Kids dot org. That's Cars with a K. If hitting an offense were only as easy as donating your car to Cars for Kids, well, the Dodgers will have a better offense right now because they're really struggling.
Speaker 11: Yeah, if it could only be so easy. It's been a tough ride for this offense as of late. I mean, and it's tricky because in the Royal Series to start the homestand they were excellent, They were really good with runners in scoring position, they were getting things going. Of course, you saw the clutch hitting as well, but then you have the Brewers series, and yes, you have to sometimes tip your cap. They did see some excellent pitching, but they were limited entirely in that series. What four hits one game, five hits the other only a total of three runs. So now it's a matter of how do they get back on track in this one. They're playing here in Denver, Colorado, where the ball flies due to the altitude. It's a massive outfield, so you're more likely to get a base hit as well. But Dave Roberts, either last night as well as today, he's been talking about how when he looks at the offense as a collective right now, there's just no consistency to the group, and unfortunately you have one through nine that are struggling. It's not that they're not working hard to get back on track, it's just there's a little bit of that pressing. There's a little bit of you know, they're getting behind in the counts and that's leading to more strikeouts. Then they're not getting on base.
Speaker 1: So you have the walks are.
Speaker 11: Down, the strikeouts are up, the results are not there. So the hope is they can use with this matchup against Sagano, someone they're very familiar with, someone who does give up the long ball. They're hoping that they can find ways to get back get to him, but also get back to just their true selves as hitters. They know how talented they are. They need to stick to their approach and stick to their plan and hopefully that can allow for just some result and then some runs.
Speaker 3: Also be nice to have Blake Snell do what he did last time out, because if he could keep duplicating what he did in his return last week, this Dodge's rotation will be sitting pretty good.
Speaker 11: Blake was so good in his last time out, and it was only his second start of the regular season, and if we recall first it was the shoulder irritation that he was just working through and fatigue that he was working through before joining the team in the regular season. Then in that first start, he ultimately had to go back on the el to have the loose bodies removed in his left elbow. So for him, he was saying he took a lot with how he took too long to get into the game in his first outing. I believe it was against the Braves, if I recall correctly, But whereas in this last one against the Royals, from the first pitch of the game, he was locked in and he was saying just how much he learned from that first outing and how he wanted to be in a different position and also complimently wanted to kind of make up from the time. I'm that he's at lost and away from the team and wanting to finally be able to be in a position where he can contribute. So with that urgency that he is pitching with, the hope is that that can translate just to the rest of the group as they do look to get back on track and hopefully pick up a win today in.
Speaker 3: Colorado, No doubt, tonight's the night it all turns around. Curiously, we appreciate It'll check you with you after the game is still to come. Here on Marango Casino, Dodgers on Deck will dive deeper to this pitching matchup. David Vatsey goes one on one with Evan Phillips. But up next an injury report, and well here from the manager himself, Dave Roberts, what's he gotta say? Dodgers and Rockies first pitch in Denver, five forty. I'm Tim Kates with the back to back World Series champion Dodgers audio number.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. On your hope for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 3: Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues as we lead you up to first page from Denver. It's the Dodgers and the Rockies, Marongo Casino Resort and Spy. It's a Grand Slam for good times.
Speaker 1: He's the LA Dodgers Injury report Well.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers in Denver, presented by UCLA Healthy, official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. They getting healthy and also at the same time not getting healthy. As yesterday, Justin Robleski was placed on the injured list with irritation in his left forearm. Good news is, Dave Robert said after the game yesterday. They're just giving him some rest after he carried this Dodger rotation in the first half of the season along with Yoshinobu Yamamoto, Dalton Rushing on the iel with the elbow injury. Blake Snell pitched in Ontario with the Tower Buzzers over the weekend, so he is making his way back. Will Smith on the iel with the next inflammation, he is hopefully trending in the right direction to return in a few weeks.
Speaker 5: Fingers crossed.
Speaker 3: Tyler Glass now is gonna make one more rehab outing this week after he made three alreadies, planning to go about five innings seventy five pitches. All right, we head back out to Denver. Let's get the pregame dot to the Dodgers skipperd anything else for Dave?
Speaker 6: Do you think the questions for Dave?
Speaker 7: Dave?
Speaker 1: Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 12: Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 13: In the dugouts with Dave Roberts, Well, first off, it's not clutch situations. It's about just collectively having good quality of bets. And I think that it's been like I said yesterday, it's been quite some time since we've been consistent and you know, with our approaches and making adjustments in the middle of a game being better with two strikes. You know, the chase is up, the swing percentages up, the walk percentages down, and so those are things that that's just not who we are as an offense. So I understand it's a long season. I understand that the guys are are preparing and playing hard and trying, but the standards for this talent that we have is higher and it should be. And so that's what I'm looking for, you know, with.
Speaker 11: Our bets individually, I mean, how do you how do guys get back to kind of getting to that level that they know they can be. Is it's something where you're seeing that you maybe just kind of the time of the season, do you think, I guess what is it either leading to that and how do you get away from that?
Speaker 13: Is it even possible that Well, it's possible, And I think that it's it's about having a clear plan approach for that starter, that pitcher and sticking to it. And I think that, you know, that's something that I see us kind of changing approaches and as far as you know, you just got to have a plan and be consistent with that approach. And I think that's kind of and be willing to live with the results as opposed to kind of chasing your tail in the box, which is kind of what I see a little bit of.
Speaker 3: All right, there's a manager, Dave Roberts, expanding on what he was talking about yesterday postgame. The approach needs to change, at least on the offensive side for this Dodgers team. When we continue here, I'm wrong Witho Casino Dodgers on Deck. We'll check in with David Vassay. We leads up to first pitch, Dodgers and the Rockies. It smells Zilla Day. More on that with DV. I'm Tim Kason's the back to back Worlds. Here's champion Dodgers on your network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and the Rockies. Blake Snell on the Mountain. First pitch coming up in five forty. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by our friends at El Poto, born in La Made for your game. Dale Poto brings authentic Mexican style tomato sauces, sauces and hot sauces right to your plate every single time.
Speaker 5: El Poto Gourmet and a can.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim cats on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 6: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 12: All right, DV.
Speaker 3: Blake Snell on the mountain. Man, If we get the Blake Snell we got a week ago.
Speaker 6: Hello, lookout, Oh you're gonna get that guy, Tim. He has done really well against the Rockies, going back to his time with the Padres, Blake's Nell has pitched twenty five consecutive scoreless innings against the Rockies. And to give you a peek into his preparation, a couple of days ago at Dodger Stadium at his locker, he showed me his binder, his scouting report on all these Rockies hitters, and he was flipping through the lineup page by page. Yeah, I'll do this, go up here, go down there, I'll do this. He already had the game plan two days ago, and a great departure from let's say a guy like Trek Scooble. On start day, Blake Snell showed up in the Dodger Clubhouse at about three point fifteen, immediately changed into his full uniform with his headphones on. So he's a different type of Snell Zilla animal on start day than some others. So he's ready and he's a you know, I feel like, continues to pitch with a chip on his shoulder to prove that he can be the guy that he was for the Dodgers in October last year.
Speaker 3: Love It They It David was brought to you by fort Summer Sales event. Don't wait hurrying now for the best offers of the year. Go to buy Ford Now dot com or You're Southern California for Dealer for more information. Official vehicle of the MLB.
Speaker 5: All right, David. The Dodgers' offense.
Speaker 3: Dave Roberts yesterday very critical about the approach they have, the bats they're taking, and in just a few minutes ago we heard same thing again.
Speaker 5: He's not happy with this offense.
Speaker 6: No, he's not happy. And you know it's interesting from the player's perspective. They have told me in the last twenty four hours. Look, we heard what Dave Roberts had to say about playing with more urgency, but you can't do that in baseball. You can't play harder. We can't prepare any more than what we do. We just have to find a way to get out of this and really, tim when you take a step back, the only more urgency there can be is from the dugout. You got to manage with more urgency. If it means that much, that means pushing Snill an extra inning or if he's in trouble early, taking him out going to your high leverage relief. That's how you manage these games with urgency, and that sends a message to the players as well that hey, we are not just cruising to the finish line. So the players obviously know they need to be better, there's no doubt about it, and they've got to figure out a way to compete better in the batter's box.
Speaker 7: But it's not by a lack of trying.
Speaker 3: They have told me, all right, David, we'll see what happens with this Dodgers offense.
Speaker 5: You can get back on track tonight. We appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Days will go one on one with Evan Phillips that's coming up in about fifteen minutes. Still, they come here on wrong with casino Dodgers on deck. When we return, we'll get you your Dodgers magical moment. Don't you go anywhere, So we lead you up to Dodgers and Rockies for the mile highest city. As Dave mentioned, can this offense get going, We'll find out.
Speaker 5: Lake's noell on the mound. That's a good sign.
Speaker 3: First pitch at five forty, I'm Tim Kates's the back to back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and the Rockies on this Monday afternoon, the start of a three game series from the mile Hight City Blake Sanel on the mountain, Tomoyuku Sigano on the mound for Colorado.
Speaker 5: First pitch at five.
Speaker 9: Forty ig who wants a hot coud?
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfey Magical Moment Pitch Magical Magical presented by Hawby Hot jogs.
Speaker 3: Well on this date in nineteen ninety two. It's the thirty fourth anniversary August seventeenth, nineteen ninety two Dodgers and Giants, a night that Kevin Gross will never forget.
Speaker 14: We are a minute away from ten o'clock and Gross could be a minute away from.
Speaker 7: A no hitter.
Speaker 14: Bill Swift, the runner for Leonard, who was hit on a two strike pitch running at Perst base again, Gross out of his stread Kevin Ruddy and the strike one pitch is hit.
Speaker 1: In the air.
Speaker 7: A shadow left Webster's got it.
Speaker 14: No hitter for Kevin Gross, Hey and Mike Soosier throw their arms around each other. The God just mob the big right hander, and happy birthday.
Speaker 7: This is Kevin Gross.
Speaker 1: Tom.
Speaker 14: It's a birthday to remember all your lives together.
Speaker 3: On this date in nineteen ninety two, So great to hear Vin Scully on the call. Kevin Gross with a no hitter against those San Francisco Giants and a two nothing to win as Kevin Gross did it on the night of his wife's twenty seventh birthday. That no hitter was the first of the nineteen ninety two season, helped the Dodgers avoid their first four game sweep at a home by the Giants in sixty nine years, and that Kevin Gross no hitter was the eighteenth in Dodger history.
Speaker 5: In the sixth.
Speaker 3: Against the Giants, Kevin Gross no hitter on this date back in nineteen ninety two. FEI magical moment brought to you by Hofey Hot Dogs, Haffey Soakow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years.
Speaker 5: Haffey hot Dogs local and so great.
Speaker 3: When we continue here on Morongo Casino, Dodgers on deck, we'll check in with Charlie Steiner lead you up to first pitch, I'm Tim Keaates's the.
Speaker 5: Back to back World Series champion Dodgers Paudio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the blue all.
Speaker 3: Season Low Lean you up to Dodgers and the Rockies from Denver, Blake Snell, Totoyoki Sigano, the pitching Man, Cheppen's time now for the Verizon startup as we are thirty five minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in that low price for three years so you can say big visit your So Cal Verizon store Today we welcome in Charlie Stunner.
Speaker 4: The Dodgers hit the road after losing three of four at home over the weekend to the Milwaukee Brewers. Game one twenty six, thirty seven games and forty one days remain. The Dodgers still in first place in the Western Division by seven over San Diego eight over Arizona. Their magic number is thirty one. However, in the race got the best two out of three who will get a buy in the first round of the playoffs between the Brewers, Braves, and Dodgers. The Brewers are two and a half in front of Atlanta.
Speaker 7: The Dodgers three games back.
Speaker 4: If the playoffs were to begin today, based on the Dodgers record, they would be a wild card team. So they've got a lot of work to do, thankfully against the team that they've had their way with historically.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Absolutely, And if you look at the loss yesterday, it was more than just a lost game. They also lost the time breaker. As you mentioned to the Milwaukee Brewers, the Dodgers have to figure out a way to play better baseball on both ends of it. The starting pitching of recent times has been really good, Blake Snell going tonight. He was terrific returning off the injured list when he came back. But the Dodgers have a whole lot of fires that they have to be able to put out. Offense, no question about it. The defense has been well, kind of here and there. The base running has not been consistent. And for the Dodgers, I mean, you look at it, they've lost eleven of last sixteen ball games, and a lot of different possibilities have just not taken place for them to enable themselves to win a lot of ball games. And we've seen some games just to kind of fizzle and go to the other way.
Speaker 4: Over the weekend, the Brewers hit just two twenty eight and scored sixteen runs. The Dodgers hit one eighty one and scored ten runs in four games. Seven of those ten runs came by way of five home runs. On the hill, the Brewers had a two fifty seven RA and held the Dodgers to a one eighty one batting average. Dodger pitching three and a quarter er pretty good batting average against two twenty eight, And the big difference in the pitching came out of the bullpen. The Brewers bullpen over the weekend a one seventy four RA, holding the Dodgers to a one fourteen batting average. Dodger bullpen was all right, a three seventy five ER, holding the Brewers to a two forty five batting average. So you look at it over the weekend, the Brewers were simply a better baseball team.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I agree, And I said that after the conclusion of yesterday's ball game, I said, look, the Dodgers were outplayed by the Milwaukee Brewers, but they're not the only team of recent times that has outplayed this Dodger ball club. And you start to look at this team now I'm starting to see some guys get a little bit angry with the lack of success in repeating the fact of hey, winning some ballgames, Charlie, I think the big deal is if this were not as talent of a team as it is, we wouldn't spend a whole lot of time reciting numbers. But the numbers kind of put into perspective the problems the Dodgers had created for themselves in recent months.
Speaker 4: There's one number that really is disturbing to me as I looked at it. Through the twenty fifth of the Dodgers made twenty six errors in eighty one games. Since then, the Dodgers have made twenty five errors in just forty four games. So the defense has also really let them down.
Speaker 9: Yeah. Absolutely, it's multifaceted as far as the responsibility, and I know it's been addressed, it's been talked about, but until it gets remedied on the field, it's still something that everyone is going to point their fingers at and to be able to say, hey, look, these are the reasons X, Y, and Z, and there's too many of those possibilities. So they're hoping obviously that you know, they played well. They've won seven of ten so far this season against the Rockies. But which is a different team? Are the Rockies a different team the Dodgers coming in a different team just by the record alone now versus the other times they've seen them.
Speaker 4: The Dodgers' magic number has been whittled down to just thirty one. The tragic number for the Colorado Rockies to be eliminated mathematically is fifteen. So you got two teams heading entirely different directions. Blake Snell goes tonight against Tomy Joki Sigano. Lineups in first pitch coming up.
Speaker 5: All right, thank you, Charlie.
Speaker 3: Dodgers Baseball is presented by Uniclo Field, the Dodgers Stadium. Visit uniclow dot com, slash us still to come here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll preview this pitching matchup. We'll get you the keys to the game. But up next we go high and tie with Evan Phillims, Dodger reliever.
Speaker 5: Dodgers and Rockies Game one of this three games. Sent from Denver. First pitch at five forty. I'm Tim Katson. This is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers. Audio nowhere, as.
Speaker 1: We were saying, yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: It's the Dodgers and the Rockies on this Monday. Blake Snell, Toma Yuki Sigano.
Speaker 3: The pitching matchup Dodgers Baseball's brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night. Guess where Shaky's dot com?
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 5: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This this high and tight.
Speaker 6: We're in the mile high and it hasn't got us yet. I'm joined right now by Dodgers super reliever Evan Phillips. Evan, thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 7: I appreciate it.
Speaker 12: Yes, sir, anytime. So you've been here enough times?
Speaker 6: Now, how do you handle being a mile high above sea level?
Speaker 12: Yeah, you know, it's a I honestly love coming to the games here. I think the ballpark's beautiful.
Speaker 15: The bullpen's definitely a different vibe down there than you see at a lot of ballparks, you know. Aside from that kind of stuff and the physical adjustments we.
Speaker 12: Have to make being here for a three game series.
Speaker 15: There are some small, like subtle things I change on the mound just to try to you know, execute execute pitches better, just the way the ball gets impacted.
Speaker 12: But like you said, I've been here a handful of times now, so I feel like I've got a good grasp on what I need to do.
Speaker 15: And truthfully, I feel like it's kind of it's beneficial for the rest of the season because it's kind of like just getting back to the foundation and the fundamentals of what I do well there on the mound. So yeah, I mean I've gotten used to it and.
Speaker 12: Hopefully we can get a few wins here.
Speaker 6: Are you saying when you go back to the fundamentals, you have to be more mindful of that here?
Speaker 15: Yeah, that's a great way to put it, just being a bit more mindful of, you know, how I'm trying to execute and where I'm trying to throw the pitches out there, just because I feel like when I haven't performed well here, it's been because of laps and you know, execution, and that could just come from a small mechanical flaw that maybe you get away with sometimes, but here you're not going to get away with it as much.
Speaker 6: Evan Phillips is our guest I head a first pitch between the Dodgers and Rockies. You're a great guy to talk to because I've been talking about you and preaching to people that have never gone through an arm surgery that it's really difficult to go through it and then be thrown into the fire in the middle of the season. How have you been able to manage all that and do you feel like you're getting closer to where you believe you should be?
Speaker 15: Yeah, definitely, I think you know, I didn't know how hard it was going to be until you know, getting back really at this level and competing out here on a consistent basis. But yeah, there's just been you know, small things really within every outing that I've thrown and where I wish I could have that one moment back. So just what I've done differently to try to circumvent that is to be a bit.
Speaker 12: More mindful of, you know, my practice reps.
Speaker 15: Similarly, just playing in Colorado, just kind of taking my throwing program daily back to the fundamentals of what I think I need to do well to have success and I have seen progress. So it's been itching to get back out there after every outing, just to continue to get all these reps built up. That way, you know, when the game's really you know, started to count, you know, down the stretch and into the postseason, I'm ready to be at my best.
Speaker 12: You're not the only one.
Speaker 6: Edwin Diaz had surgery during the season. He's the closer, and he's expected to come in where the tension is the highest.
Speaker 7: How much do we fully not appreciate what he.
Speaker 6: Has to come back from.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I think similarly to my situation, right, just we don't really have the luxury of getting too much of a soft landing when it comes to like getting back into games like, Yeah, Edwin's the closer, I have expectations to.
Speaker 12: Be, you know, part of the back end mix as well, And when you get into those situations, you just want to perform.
Speaker 15: You're not worried about, you know, the lack of repetitions that you missed out on because of injury. So for Edwin's case, you know, similar to myself, just got to keep on running back out there, hopefully get him a few more opportunities with a bigger lead to Hey, you know, let him take a deep breath out there and get through the outing more comfortably.
Speaker 12: But he's gonna be just fine.
Speaker 15: This guy is one of the best pictures on the planet, one of the best closers we've ever seen here. So you're gonna give him some more time, more reps, and he'll be fine.
Speaker 6: Evan Phillips as one of the highest baseball IQs I've met of any player since I've been doing this with the Dodgers, so I don't want to just put him in the box of talking about the bullpen and his comrades down there. What do you feel about the team and where it's at right now, and how encouraging is it to have the starting pitchers that you guys have now in the rotation.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I mean not just our starters, but you know what our lineups capable of doing. I think even within a stretch like this, everybody knows what we're capable of. It's a one hundred and sixty two game season, and we've got, you know, bigger aspirations beyond that as well. So I think little ruts like this are just you know, part of the long season. So it's kind of magnified right now because I think every facet of the game is having a moment or two of struggling base running, fielding, and starting pitching at times or relievers at times.
Speaker 12: So it's just a mix of putting it all together.
Speaker 15: And when it does, it's you know, we've already seen what this team can do and the ceiling that this group can have. So we'll just you know, keep on plugging away because I promise like the work inside.
Speaker 12: Each and every day hasn't waivered.
Speaker 15: You know, our guys or our leadership, with our our veterans and our superstars, you know, they're those guys are the hardest workers on the team. So those guys set the tone every single day and set the standard for us.
Speaker 6: And then can you take us inside a little bit? Obviously not too inside, but the Dodgers are the only team in baseball that has a player's only playing where you guys fly to these different cities players only. Do you guys talk the game on those flights or is it no baseball talk? Is that where you guys can actually hammer out whatever is going on in these type of situations.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I mean it's a mix, and I think it all started mostly it's as a camaraderie thing. I think we started doing it the twenty four postseason as a way to just you know, really dig in with that time together and you know that way when you're out on the field, you're playing for you know, a brother out there more so than just like a teammate that you would on any other day. But you know, if those conversations need to happen, I don't think anyone will shy away from having it, and even if it's here in the clubhouse. Right So, the travel has been great, but I think it's more so just a way to get the guys together more.
Speaker 12: All of our guys, most of our guys have.
Speaker 15: Families, you know, so this season takes us away from things of the personal, you know, side of life.
Speaker 12: But you know, while we're in.
Speaker 15: Season, I think everyone's decided that it's best that we stay as connected as possible.
Speaker 6: Is there what they used to call players only meetings? Does that still happen? Have you experienced that this year?
Speaker 15: You know, that's something that's you know, seldomly been done here. It was my time with the Dodgers. I think, you know, Dave Roberts has such a good grasp on the clubhouse and kind of lets us you handle the business each and every day. There have been moments here and there where you know, I know, the bullpen. We got the guys together last year at one point, but we do that kind of stuff, you know, every few weeks, just to kind of check in with each other.
Speaker 12: But you know that's a you know, we're a different group done there.
Speaker 15: We've got a lot of personalities coming in and out of the clubhouse from time to time, so we took a lot of pride in like keeping that unit solidified. But you know, same kind I would imagine the same thing goes for the guys that work in the cages, right. You just have little conversations here and there, but you know, not no formal, you know, team meetings as of yet. I think we've had to do a couple of my time here with the Dodgers, but these seem to be more.
Speaker 12: And more rare because of how Doc leads his team.
Speaker 6: Thank you for explaining that, Evan, you're the best. Appreciate the time, and definitely you will handle course field and hopefully the Dodger starters starting with tonight's now Zilla Bump Day, you guys will be used minimally hey.
Speaker 12: We'll take whatever we can get. We're always ready down there.
Speaker 6: You know that, Yes, no doubt, Evan Phillips, always ready, and you'll receive a gift card to Javier's a new location in Pasadena, also won in downtown and of course the flagship in Newport Beach. Tim, we'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 5: All right, thanks a lot of DV. Thank you, Evan Phillips.
Speaker 3: As we lead you up to first pitch on this Monday Dodgers and Rockies. When we come back, we'll dive deep into this pitching matchup. I'm Tim Katsis the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Rocky Is getting ready to square off. Came one of those three games series.
Speaker 5: First pitch from Denver set for five forty.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching.
Speaker 5: Matchup brought to you buy your Toyota dealers.
Speaker 3: We make it easy Toouki Sogano on the Mountain twelve and five with the four to forty three era thirty six year.
Speaker 5: Old right hander out of Japan.
Speaker 3: He played twelve seasons over Japan, won one hundred and thirty six games, two forty three career ERA, fifteen hundred strikeouts. Now in his second season in the major leagues last year with Baltimore, this year at the Rockies. Fastball splitter, sinker cutter, sweeper, making his twenty second starts in a Denver, Colorado Rocky uniform last time out in six innings, two runs, six hits, five strikeouts in a win over the Diamondbacks. Over his last five starts, Sagano is four and one with three ERA. His twelve wins as the most by Rocky starter since twenty twenty one. Fourth time facing the Dodgers Believe it or not last year, one start with the Baltimore Orioles, four runs, seven hits and a loss. Third time facing the Dodgers this season. He suffered the loss in each of those first two starts, allowing eight runs total on fifteen hits over a combined eight and two third innings. He pitched fewer than five innings in just three times since twenty twenty six, including both those starts against the Dodgers. How about that Blake Snell on the mound oh to one with a five ERA, three year old left hander in his eleventh season out in the Big League's finally healthy.
Speaker 5: Making his third start this year, He's ready to go.
Speaker 3: Last time out six innings, one run, three hits, ten strikeouts and ate no decision against the Kansas City Royals, but.
Speaker 5: Pitch really good.
Speaker 3: In fourteen career starts against Colorado, Blake Snell is four and two with the three to zero four ERA with one hundred and twenty four strikeouts. In his only start against the Rockies as a Dodger, he went six scoreless Indians with eleven strikeouts. Last year back in September at Dodgers Stadium at coors Field, Well, Blake Snell is one and one with eight five ninety seven ERA and six starts. He last pitched to coors Field a member of the Padres in twenty twenty three. How about this? As say mentioned this earlier, dating back to June of twenty twenty three, Blake Snell has tossed twenty five consecutive scoreless Indians against Colorado with forty six strikeouts. Wow, Blake Snell, Tomoyuku Sigano, It's the Dodgers and Rockies. We're fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game are next. I'm Tim Kass, the back to back World Series champ Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on dep On, your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and the Rockies on this Monday. Blake Snell looking for his first win of the season. Hello, first pitch from Denver is coming up at five forty to get you ready for the start of the game with the Sapporo Start Great moments.
Speaker 5: Start with Sapporo Beer. Whatever your taste preference.
Speaker 3: Soporo has you cover with the bridy, crisp and refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beers. Soporo good with sushi, Great with baseball. Back out to the booth before first pitch, Tim never Rick, Monday, Guys, Tim.
Speaker 7: Thanks again.
Speaker 10: The pitching matchup tonight, left hander Blake Snell against right hander Tomoyuki Sugano.
Speaker 7: They both are highly decorated.
Speaker 10: Snell a two time cy Young Award winner, and Sugano twice won the Sarromora Award, which is Japan's equivalent to the CY Young the difference. Sugano also won three MVPs in Japan as well, so two highly decorated pitchers going at it. Snell has had good luck against the Rockies. In fact, his last four starts against Colorado he has struck out at least ten in those games.
Speaker 9: Well, Snell when he came off the injured list, at that one start that he's made since that time, I mean, he was absolutely superb. What he did. He was in total control. Wasn't just the fast ball, the curveball, the slider, the changeup. He had everything that was working. It allowed just one run in the six innings, only three hits, and struck out ten. Mentioned earlier that Segano the Dodgers have to figure out how to avoid hitting ground balls. Very little banning average against the ground balls, but if you get the ball into the air. Segano has already been touched up for twenty four home runs. But when he gets ahead in the count, that's where that breaking ball comes in. That's where the offspeed pitch comes in. And when he's ahead in the count, it's less than a one to fifty batting average against him.
Speaker 10: So Gano's had some luck against other teams. Against the Dodgers, not so much. He's zero in three with an eight forty nine ERA in three starts. He's allowed six home runs. Facto Toni has got three of those six home runs against his countryman, tomo Yuki Sugano. So Sugano against Snell, the Rockies and the Dodgers coming up game one of three.
Speaker 5: Two All right, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Keeping an eye on what's happening with the San Diego Padres, of course, who are in New York taking on the Mets. Mets with a two to one lead as they play in the bottom half of the fifth inning. As the Dodgers go into play tonight, they lead the NL West by seven games over San Diego, who look out at won eight of their last ten. Has set as sixty seven to fifty eight Dodgers seventy four to fifty one, but they've lost eleven of their last sixteen.
Speaker 5: They need to turn things around.
Speaker 3: Dave Roberts very adamant about that after the game yesterday and before today's game, Right guy to having the mount with Blake Snell as they are in Denver to take on the Rockies. Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck continues Tomorrow we're back at it for game two of this three game set. But first pitch, it's next. Enjoyed everybody. I'm Tim Kason.
Speaker 5: This you're back to back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network