Speaker 1: A smell that fresh money news is being served. This is the Bloomberg Money Minute on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Right directors with us this morning. We got another report here. Let's talk about Tesla this start. Their sales outlook darkens despite Musk's self driving euphoria. That's right, Steve.
Speaker 3: Tesla's expected to report today that it delivered just under four hundred and forty one thousand vehicles in the fourth quarter. That's down eleven percent from last year, according to data compiled by Bloomberg and Tesla ended last year on a roll, with investors increasingly buying into elon Musk's excitement over autonomous vehicles, But winning over actual car buyers is another story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, we got gold, silver, platinum. They've all been surging. But now the price of aluminum is going up.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Aluminums climbed above three thousand dollars a ton for the first time in more than three years on tightening supply outlook and long term demand bets. A cap on Chinese smelting capacity and constraints to European production due to higher electricity prices have chipped away at global inventories, while the demand outlook from the construction and renewable sectors remain robust. Copper, nickel, and iron ore futures also seeing gains, with copper resuming its gains as well.
Speaker 1: So that's what that looks like.
Speaker 2: Okay, less than ninety minutes to open. We haven't been opening the stock market since Wednesday, New Year's Eve.
Speaker 1: What are you seeing right now?
Speaker 3: Well, it looks like market future is pointing to a higher open right now. Dow futures up one hundred and eighty two points, NASTAC futures up two forty five, SMP futures up thirty nine from Bloomberg. Erica Herschowitz on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Already, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Eight eleven on seven hundred WLW, Steve Hawkins in for Tom Brenneman. We get to talk to Matt Rausch on Fridays. Hey, Matt, how are.
Speaker 4: You pretty good? Happy to be here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hope you had a great New Year and stayed up till midnight partying.
Speaker 4: That's I certainly had a very fun night.
Speaker 5: Yes, I did that to night that I stay away from the TV, although there's a lot of great TV that's happening. And Diana Ross ringing in the new Year on ABC, which would have been a lot of fun. But no, the night that I do some very New Yorky things here, but I stay far away from Times Square.
Speaker 4: If I can possibly do it, you.
Speaker 1: Have to, all right, let's kick it off.
Speaker 2: Fox is wasting no time to get the shows on the air this week, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, including one that's going to be a lot of very familiar to people who have seen a show, a long running British show on that was syndicated to PBS stations. The show they're titling Best Medicine, which premieres on Sunday. It basically is an American version of a show called Doc Martin that has run for like ten years, and many people who've.
Speaker 4: Watched this show, it's one of those sort of.
Speaker 5: Cozy medical dramas with a lot of comedy in it. But the show is about this doctor and the doctor's name is Martin Best, and it's played by Josh Charles. And Josh Charles is a very familiar TV face. He's been in shows like The Good Wife and The Handmaid's Tale all the way back to Sports Night as an early Aaron Sorkin show. But he plays this guy Uh. But he doesn't like to be called Doc Martin for obvious reasons, because he don't want to say that this is not Doc Martin. This is a show called Best Medicine.
Speaker 1: But the idea here is.
Speaker 5: That he is relocated from the big city of Boston into a small town in Maine. He becomes the small town's doctor. And the reason he had to leave the big practice is because he has developed some very bizarre and you'll find out later why, a diversion to blood. So when he sees blood, he gets really kind of shaken, which is not good for a doctor, I imagine. But but but the idea is that he is also this not He's not a people person, so to for him to become the town doctor is an odd fit for him. He does, and as he gets close to this town with all these quirky people, he'll he'll soften up and they'll get to like him.
Speaker 4: But it takes a while. But the series begins on on on on.
Speaker 5: Sunday on Fox, and uh, and so the people who have watched Doc Martin over the years, Uh, they're going to understand that this is basically the same show, only with an American accent. But it is a show that ran for a long time in England and the Fox is lucky they'll have a.
Speaker 4: Hit on their hands as well.
Speaker 5: And it's a very it's more of a comedy than a drama sometimes that there is a lot of medical stories. So anyway, that's the new show. Fox is going to have a lot of new shows on this week. But also Sunday, I should point out that there's a new episode of The Simpsons, which is going to be hitting its eight hitdredth episode in a couple of weeks. But this is a spoof of Severance, the hit show that's up for a lot of awards.
Speaker 1: On the Apple TV.
Speaker 4: But Severance.
Speaker 5: In this episode, Homer goes to work for this secretive company that screws with your mind, which if you know the show Severance, it's the show. But people when to go to work, their outside selves are separated from their inside selves, so the people at work don't know who they are on the outside. People on the outside don't know what they do on the inside. So we'll see how this works in the world of Homer Simpson. So anyway, that's happening, and then later in the week, Fox is going to give us a new season, the fourteenth season already of The Masked Singer, which is of their big hit shows where celebrities or people who are supposed to be celebrities are hiding inside these huge, crazy costumes while they're singing songs and you're trying to figure out who's inside the costume. And some of the costumes this season include egg Plant, a couple based on dogs like Queen Corgy and Pudcasso, so I guess that's a pug that looks like Picasso, scare of which is as big big spider. And then there's a sometimes they do it and like teams, and there's something to be called the Croissants. So those are some of the people that you meet in this new season of.
Speaker 4: The Massive Singer.
Speaker 5: Very silly show, but again the reality TV is upon us and it's going to be a flunt of it as we head into January. You know, the holiday hiatus is over, so there's a lot of new stuff coming on already in January.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what very little I've watched with the masks Singer. I've never guessed any of those people. I always feel like an idiot.
Speaker 5: Well, and when they unmask them, it's like, oh, what an anti climax Sometimes I go, is that supposed to be a famous person? Kind of like what happens on Dancing with the Stars anymore? Though you never know, You never.
Speaker 1: Know, all right.
Speaker 2: For fans of reality competitions, we had some more of that coming up this week's streaming.
Speaker 5: Yeah, two of the biggest shows on streaming. The two of the biggest reality competitions on streaming are back this week. Amazon Prime Video they launched us a second season of Beast Games, which became right away their most popular non scripted show ever. These Games comes from a guy called Mister Beast, famous YouTuber Jimmy Donaldson who creates these crazy stunts on YouTube, but now he's turned it into a game show where he brings on a hundred of the smartest people and one hundred of the strongest people to play opposite each other.
Speaker 4: They whittle it down.
Speaker 5: Of course, you have to have alliances because you never know what the next challenge is going to be. Sometimes it's going to be about brains, sometimes it's going to be about braun And so these teams kind of have to work together and the team and the teams get little down pretty quick. There is a point at which almost half the contestants are gone, like right away. But they're playing for five million dollars, so the stakes are really high. The stunts and the games are really wild. And so Beast Games begins on Wednesday, and I think with three episodes, and so that became a big hit for them, and then one day later on Peacock they're going to launch the fourth season of The Traders, which has become a big hit with the Emmys. And this is a series where it's all very devious and there's people who's working against this the group's best interests, and who's the trader and who's the hero You never really know again until the end of the series. But the cast includes a lot of reality TV veterans. You got several Real housewives, You've got people who've you known from Survivor and Love Island and Bachelor and Dancing with the Stars and Top Chefs.
Speaker 4: So these are like.
Speaker 5: People who become famous on reality TV and now they come together in this show. And then of course what I've also seen happen is people who become famous on The Traders go on to be on shows like Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 4: So these things they.
Speaker 1: Feed each other.
Speaker 5: So you're going to get people like also Tera Lipinski and Johnny Weir. You're going to see later on this year at the Olympics. They're going to be in this season, Football Mom, donnic Kelcey and lots more people. So anyway, The Traders is a lot of fun. Out on coming is the host. And so that's happening on Peacock on Thursday.
Speaker 1: And we got a new year here.
Speaker 2: The dawn of a new year comes the beginning of Awards season.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, every week you're just about going to give us a new awards show. But the first up is the Critics Choice Awards, and I guess out of the full disclosure, I sit on some of the nominating committees for the TV categories. They do both TV and film, but Film gets most of the attention right now because everything is a build up to the Oscars later this year. But the Critics Choice Award is going to be airing on USA Network and the E Channel on Sunday night, and it's the.
Speaker 4: First big Hollywood Awards show.
Speaker 5: So you're going to see Sinners, the movie, the big hit movie from last year that's leading the movie pack with seventeen nominations. One battle after another with Leonardo DiCaprio. That's close behind the fourteen. So those are again going to tell you that these are the movies that are probably going to be up for the Oscars ater on when those nominations come out, and on the TV side, I would expect you'll see sort of a repeatable what happened at the Emmy's last year, because The Pit is up for Best Drama, at the Studio is up for Best Comedy. Adolescents from Netflix is a limited series favorite, so they'll probably have their They'll probably do very well at the Critics Choice Awards as well. I was really happy that Alien Earth, one of my favorite shows from last year, got nominated for Best Drama. Probably won't win, but I'm glad that it's in there. And when you see these nominations Nape nominations for both movies and films, sometimes you're thinking for movies and TV, you're thinking, maybe these are things I ought to check out. So again that's what good I guess Critics Choice Awards are.
Speaker 4: We will see.
Speaker 5: But anyway, the Golden Globes are a week away.
Speaker 4: So TV is back with us right now.
Speaker 2: Good Matt Rouse, talking TV, how do we connect with you.
Speaker 4: TV Insider dot com and TV Guide magazine.
Speaker 2: All right, man, tell them, oh no, I'll be back next Friday to talk to you. I have a great week.
Speaker 4: All right, well, great talk to you, inn Steve.
Speaker 1: Alrighty.
Speaker 2: It's eight nineteen on seven hundred wl W, Chuck Ingra. I'm right here counting the cars on traffic duty pretty much so, yes, having a couple of things are in the clean up stages. This from the uc Health Triumphings Center, from non invasive to surgical treatments. The uc Health Back Neck and Spine Center offers every option to improve quality of life for convenient with low convenient locations across Greater Cincinnati and northern Kentucky. Learn morrid you see help dot com. Wreck number one that's he's found on one twenty nine near Cincinnati Dayton Road. Reck number two it's he's found two to seventy five. That's after you get pasts to win and I'm seeing minimal delays.
Speaker 6: Pasts both at this point. Chuck Ingram News Radio seven hundred WLW, the nine First Warning Weather Forecast Center. Looking like this partly cloudy day, a little bit more sun today than we've had recently. We'll get to thirty seven twenty five tonight, thirty five tomorrow, but more clouds and uh then for mostly sunny seasonal is what it says here high thirty nine. For the Bengals and Browns in the Battle of Ohio one o'clock kickoff, it'll be thirty six and a little bit cloudy in there too, it says still twenty seven feeling like twenty two at your severe weather station. News Radio seven hundred WLW, coach Zach Taylor joins me.
Speaker 1: Next. All right, mister Pennay, I'm going to show you some images, and you tell me what you see.
Speaker 6: Looks like a butterfly listening to Scott's Loan show, and this one I see.
Speaker 1: A rocket ship, A rocket ship.
Speaker 6: Yeah, blasting off for the planet.
Speaker 1: Sloan, I see.
Speaker 4: And this one that.
Speaker 6: Looks like a fish swimming in a mountain pond.
Speaker 4: Then be good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but a fish is angry because he's not listening to Scott Sloan.
Speaker 1: Scott's Loan, please listen responsibly.
Speaker 7: Join me Scott Sloan this morning at nine on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Might be best for us to discuss some strong medications.
Speaker 8: This report is sponsored by one Hour Heating and air Conditioning Cincinnati winter is our serious business. One Hour Heating and Air condition is here for your heating repairs, replacements and tune ups. They're available twenty four seven. To make sure everything is running safely and efficiently, visit one hour Airsinc Dot com or call eight five five one hour.
Speaker 9: He's Donald Trump's number one enemy in Congress Chicago politician Dick Durbin.
Speaker 1: Now Durbin has ENFORED seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 10: This is a Bloomberg money minute. Samsung share surged to record high seven point two percent. They're most in around six months after its CEO quoted customers as saying, quote, Samsung is back. In an internal memo employees when talking about its high bandwidth memory chips. The company, which has lost ground in the critical market for chips, is hoping to get back in the game with the next generation of hbms. In twenty twenty six, in an effort to turn around the struggling brand, Stillantis is resurrecting a V eight powered RAM pickup truck. The move comes as the company faces fewer federal emissions regulations. The automaker says, the twenty twenty seven Ram TRX will be available late this year round one hundred thous dollars. Over twenty million people in the US are now facing higher health insurance costs after Congress allow federal tax SUBSIDI six fire.
Speaker 1: At year's end.
Speaker 10: The average cost of premiums through the Affordable Care Act is now expected to rise by twenty six percent across the US, though it could be lower in states that run their own marketplace. I'm Dan Schwartzman Bloomberg Radio.
Speaker 2: It's coming up on eight thirty nine, seven hundred WLW Steve Hawkins and for Tom Burnham, and he's back on Monday morning at five oh six to get you into twenty twenty six. I thought we would look back on twenty twenty five with Brian Combs from our newsroom.
Speaker 1: Thanks for stopping by.
Speaker 2: Absolutely the biggest stories of twenty twenty five that you guys covered is a big snowstorm last January.
Speaker 11: One of how it started twenty twenty five saw the holiday break for many kids extended by three or four days. The city and the Tristate area hit by up to a foot of snow in spots, and for Cincinnati it was parallel. I mean there were parts of Mount Adams, you could not get through other neighborhoods locked in the snow hit. Then the cold locked in that snow before the crews could get to it. Come to find out that the city had all kinds of issues trying to handle the snow, including equipment that was broken down. Investigation later revealed that about twenty five percent of the fleet wasn't working. They didn't have adequate plans to use city workers for overtime to get them in trucks and get out there were in the past they would take people from other departments, kind of making it all hands on deck thing when a snowstorm like that hit. But they found out that those other department workers were not trained for the job or they were just not willing to do it, didn't want to volunteer, and the city didn't want to force them. They went through six months at city Hall of studying the issues they had with snow, removed and hired a new public services director from Cleveland and the guy who was used to dealing with big snows, and so far since the storms that we've had, city seems to have done a much better problem. But part of a big part of the early part of twenty twenty five was marked by the City of Cincinnati's failure to be able to do basic things like remove snow from the neighborhoods. Councilman Seth Walsh pretty much campaigned on it, and he was a frequent guest on Scott Sloan's show talking about his frustrations dealing with the city manager and other people in the city who had neglected snow removal in part because we really hadn't been hit by a big storm in a while.
Speaker 1: I mean, those of us.
Speaker 11: Who grew up here know what it's like to go through the winners of seventy seven and seventy eight, But at that point the city leaders had not all right.
Speaker 1: Another story that you guys covered, you.
Speaker 11: Know, crime in the City of Cincinnati certainly has been one of the major themes throughout the year. Had the tragic death of the Hamilton County Sheriff's deputy Detective Deputy Larry Henderson, who was directing traffic near uc He was killed and what we come to find out was apparently a revenge style murder over the death of the suspect's son who was shot by Cincinnati police. That was the Ryan Hinton case that dominated the headlines. After that all played out in May, we had several cases during the summer and that were very high profile, including the over the Rye murder of Patrick Herringer and his wife. Then became really the poster child for demanding action from city hall. She was quite vocal in her frustrations with the City of Cincinnati leadership over things that were not being done to secure the neighborhood. Really started a city wide crackdown on crime that brought state police into town, you know, new partnerships with the federal government to try and get violent criminals off the streets for the year, and it looks like violent crime and Cincinnati will end up being down in the neighborhood of seven and a half to eight percent. Final figures are not in yet. One casualty of all the issues with crime with Cincinnati Police Chief Teresa thigi Oh. She was suspended by the City of Cincinnati an investigation launch, saying they questioned whether or not she was effective in leading the department to deal with such a big issue as the crime problem in Cincinnati. We found out just a couple of days ago that that investigation is not yet complete. They haven't found out the reason why to fire her exactly, and the city is going to have the investigators work for two more months to keep looking for issues. The crime issue became the big issue of the campaign of twenty twenty five. Cincinnati Mayor aftab Perval was challenged by a West End minister, Corey Bowman, who was the Republican candidate. Puval, in spite of the issues with crime and snow removal and other things that the city was criticized for, won in a landslide, wasn't close, and all eight of the incumbents who were on council who ran for reelection were re elected. They were every one of them in the November elections. The other interesting thing that happened in Hamilton County at the same time was gains that we saw the Democratic Party make in places that were considered incredibly blue incredibly red that went blue, like Anderson Township. Republican incumbents lost two trustee races there. The Republican Conservatives lost control of the Forest Hills school Board. Democrats scored gains in Springfield Township. Also outside Hamilton County, Mason saw Democrats win council races there, and Westchester saw a trustee races where Democrats that the question is that some kind of referendum back against Donald Trump. One big story that's going to play out in January of this year goes back to July, and that was the brawl that happened downtown after the music festival and the assault charges that followed in what appeared to be a dispute between white and black people. The one white person who was charged in the case after the fact, long after the fact, the Russian Alex Stravinsky, is set to go on trial in the coming weeks. Trialing is supposed to happen in December. He's only charged with the sword of the conduct, but that'll be the first of these cases to hit the courts. Other big things that happened in the tri State in twenty twenty five include a number of immigration raids. The Butler County sheriff, as he has been for a long time, very vocal about supporting the administration's policies. We had the iman who was a counselor at Children's hospital locked up in Butler County for several months, so i'man Solomon was released after seventy three days in jail. When the government said they really didn't have any case against him, and you talk about racial issues and unrest. The thing that caught the headlines this summer. It happened and even actually in February, but then went on into the summer when the KKK took over an overpass on seventy five and Evendale and the people of Lincoln Heights took great offense and started patrolling their own streets and standing up to the protesters who were there. That has led the county this summer to take a look at issues about how the Sheriff's department and others respond. The Evendale Police Department continues to look at how they will handle dealing with those kind of demonstrations in the future. There were a number of people who were very upset that the Sheriff's department kind of helped the demonstrators who caused the controversy get out of there and escort them on their way.
Speaker 1: Big sports stories of twenty twenty five.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Joe Burrow's healthy now, but we know what happened when he got hurt and Bengals failed to make the playoffs for the third straight year. The Reds got to the playoffs first time in a while only to be swept by the Dodgers. Unfortunately, the big news on the side with the Hamilton County and the Bengals settling the lease, so we know the Bengals are in town for at least eleven more years, as they signed that lease a new lease to play a pay Corse Stadium that includes four hundred and seventy five million dollars worth of improvements, and I understand that as soon as the Bengals finish Sunday afternoon's game, they will start the process immediately of taking that money and making improvements. A lot of the seats have to be torn out and replaced. The elevators are going to get a makeover. Those escalators that never seem to work to the upper tack are are scheduled to be replaced. And that has worked that They tell me we'll start on Monday as soon as the Bengals season's over.
Speaker 2: Thanks for recapping twenty twenty five. I appreciate it all Right, Brian comes in the newsroom. The biggest stories that they covered this year eighty eight now, and we need Chuck Ingram's in here covering the biggest traffic stories of today.
Speaker 1: I would think of today. What was last year's biggest one?
Speaker 6: Well, I was thinking I was looking more to the future and coming up in the next couple of weeks, actually next week, and things are going to get a little bit more hectic, trying to go from Covington to Newport. All right, as work on the fourth Street bridge is going to start, and the schedule to start on the twelfth, they'll close it over the Licking River, and that it will be until twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 2: I want to get an end depth report next week from you on Friday. All right, I'll do that, all right? What are you dealing with today? From the uc Health Triumphing Center. From non evasive to surgical treatments. The uc Health Backneck and Spine Center offers every option to improve quality of life with convenient locations across Greater Cincinnati and northern Kentucky. Learned more at ucehealth dot com. Not so bad this morning cleaning up cup over rex Easpound on two seventy five after Winton and eastbound one twenty nine at Cincinnati Dayton. I'm seeing minimal delays pasts both Chuck Ingram News Radio seven hundred WLW the nine first Warning weather forecast Center looking like this. It's a partly cloudy day, which means we're going to see more sun.
Speaker 1: She says.
Speaker 2: Hi today thirty seven, mostly cloudy to night down to twenty five. Gonna be dry, a bit colder Tomorrow, mid thirties for a high on Saturday and then Sunday. If you're headed out to the Bengals Browns Battle of Ohio at Paycorp. Mostly sunny, it's going to be a high. I have thirty nine, but to kick off at one o'clock. She's expecting thirty six and cloudy. All right, twenty seven around the trice Eate feels like twenty two at your severe weather station. News radio seven hundred WLW Friday means beer.
Speaker 1: Dave and he joins me. Next. Bill Cunningham is the Sound of America.
Speaker 4: And I listened to Willie. I get all American.
Speaker 1: Goosebump, he oozes the American dream.
Speaker 12: My toe got infected and was oosing this yellowy puff stuff, but it didn't stop me from listening to Willie America.
Speaker 1: I had a tapeworm and still listen to Willie.
Speaker 9: Still listen even with my pro lapsed hemorrhoids.
Speaker 1: Nothing can stop us from listening to Bill Cunningham. I am a great American Bill Cunningham.
Speaker 13: Today at twelve noon on seven hundred WL.
Speaker 8: This report is sponsored by Miami Valley Gaming.
Speaker 1: Get ready to get lucky at Miami Vellic Gaming. You know what that means.
Speaker 2: It's time on Friday to talk to Bear Dave and wrap up the show.
Speaker 1: Hey Beard Dave, good morning. Hey hoppy brew here, hoppy brew year.
Speaker 2: That's exactly what I expect from you. Did you have good Wednesday night there New Year's Eve having some hoppy beer.
Speaker 7: Yeah, hung out with some friends.
Speaker 4: It was a nice time.
Speaker 2: Good, good, Well, we got to get going and talk about what's happening around here. I want to start with fifty West Brewing. They're hosting family skating during these cold days at the Wooster Pike location.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so they where the volleyball courts are. They do that skating rink this time of the year and it's really a good time to hang out. They've got a heated kent with hot cider and chocolate and just a good thing. That's really a kid friendly place.
Speaker 2: And for those of us doing dry January, they've got this thhc seltzer. So this cherry limead caught my eye. Have you had one of these seltzers yet?
Speaker 7: I haven't had one, but these have been really good cellar for them, and hopefully they get it all straightened out where they still remain legally allowed to be sold in Ohio after a couple of days.
Speaker 2: That's good cherry limade sounding good to me. Urban artifact they've got is it a meat raffle? Is that what that is?
Speaker 4: It's a meat raffle?
Speaker 7: Yeah, this just some new way to raise funds that a few places have done.
Speaker 1: And they're they're doing this.
Speaker 4: They're all this year.
Speaker 7: Once a month they're gonna do one and you have a chance to, you know, take home.
Speaker 1: Fork or beef or bacon or whatever.
Speaker 4: And sounds like an interesting way.
Speaker 7: And that's tonight from seven to ten pm with what's great special it's going on.
Speaker 2: And that's gonna be the first Friday of the month every month in twenty twenty six. I never heard a meat raffle that is. That's wonderful. I like that one. Let's talk about tomorrow night. Is it esoteric? They're celebrating J. R. R. Tolkien's birthday?
Speaker 4: Correct?
Speaker 7: Yeah, so they're gonna they're gonna sort of have a of the Rings inspired evening going on and that runs tomorrow from from three to ten with a toast at nine pm for his birthday. And they even encourage costumes.
Speaker 1: Really that is wonderful.
Speaker 5: I like that.
Speaker 2: Later this month, let's go to West Sixth Brewing is celebrating their one beer anniversary at the Covington House location. As they said, one beer anniversary.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's hard to believe that they've already they've already made it a year. And that's in that old mcknolls Covington House, the firehouse down there by Mother God's Church, and they're they're going to be celebrating that on January fifteenth through the seventeenth, so in a couple of weekends.
Speaker 2: All right, So we got that going on to what am I missing here? Barley Corns.
Speaker 7: We've got the Yeah, we've got a Barley Corns brew house. They're opening up there. They're expanded big location out there Independence at the downs of Nicholson Development, and they're they're hoping to have this ready early springtime. So I would think by March we'll be uh, we'll be talking about a new location out here in Independence and looks to be like, it's going to be quite the place.
Speaker 2: And that's gonna be if I'm not mistaken. That's their second location, Is that right correct?
Speaker 7: That'll be their their second location, and it should be an expanded brewing operation. So they should be able to make a little more beer now.
Speaker 2: And that's what we need. We need more beer. Tell me about Bockfest. It's already on the calendar, isn't it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so they've they've released the dates. So it'll be March sixth through the eighth coming up. And that's always a rite of spring around here. I mean I always you always know that we're pretty much finished with with with the snow and the cold and that once Bockfest rolls around. So I thought be a positive way to welcome in the new year with the Bockfest dates for this on a.
Speaker 2: Year, Okay, for people new to Cincinnati and never been, how do you how do you explain Bockfest.
Speaker 7: It's a it's sech a unique celebration of the bock beer style, and you've got a lot of the breweries that participate, a lot of the bars and stuff, and it's just it reaches back to the brewing history in the area with a lot of different things.
Speaker 1: But the amazing thing is they do.
Speaker 7: A parade with big big goats and everything and stuff.
Speaker 1: That's incredible.
Speaker 4: It's it's it's.
Speaker 7: Like an october Fest, but for bock beer in the.
Speaker 2: Spring, right, and that's March sixth of the eighth this year. Good to get that on the calendar, beer Dave, where are you going to be drinking some beer this weekend?
Speaker 7: I might meet up with some friends at DVD on Sunday and watch the Bengles.
Speaker 2: There you go, Hey, thanks for joining us, and remember Hoppy brew year.
Speaker 4: Same to you, Steve.
Speaker 2: I talked to you next Friday. It's coming up on the nine o'clock news. Mike Allen in for Sloe after the news, and you know the game today you got uc football playing Navy in Memphis at the Liberty Bowl. Our coverage begins at three point thirty. So wherever you're going Uce fan, you can listen to this radio station and keep tabs on the Bearcats.
Speaker 1: All right. It's at nine o'clock seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 10: News Traffic and Weather News Radio seven hundred WLW, Cincinnati.
Speaker 11: An eleven year old murdered on a Cincinnati playground with a nine o'clock report on Brian Colbs breaking now at scenario of the city of Cincinnati, where violent crime is up three hundred and fifty percent in the last month. An eleven year old girl gunned down last night in the West End, just a block from TQL Stadium, where FC Cincinnati is planning a three hundred million dollar new development, very close to where an eleven year old boy was gunned down two years ago in the same neighborhood.
Speaker 1: His killer's never and caught.
Speaker 11: That child's father has been pushing for more security cameras in the area and other safety enhancements, but Isaac Davis says all he's gotten from city leaders has been empty promises.
Speaker 1: Would this ever stop?
Speaker 12: Like how many people have to bury their kids, They babies, they loved ones, Like look at his mother, look at me. I mean, you're not gonna realize it into someone happened to your family, and so it happens to you.
Speaker 11: Davis has said that the West End is a low priority for Cincinnati leaders. Says if it happened in Hyde Park, there'd be cameras and comps on every quarter. West End pastor is upset with how the family of the eleven year old victim in this latest murder was treated at Children's hospital last night as they got the news the child had died. Corey Bowman went there to comfort the family, who are members of his parish. Says what he witnessed was quote cold and heartless. You can read his entire statement if you follow seven hundred WLW on next. We've reached out the Children's Hospital for commet. Cincinnati police have now identified the victim last night as eleven year old queener wrote read, but haven't released it together information besides saying that their investigation is ongoing now.
Speaker 1: Latest traffic weather together.
Speaker 6: From the uc Health Triumphique Center from non invasive to surgical treatments. The UCA Health Bank Neck and Spine Center offers every option to improve quality of life with convenient locations across Greater Cincinnati and northern Kentucky. Learnmord you see health dot com. Cruise just cleared the accident in East Pound two seventy five after Winton and all clear now on eastbound one twenty nine at Cincinnati Ditton route from an earlier wreck. Traffic across the bridges continues to look good this morning. Chuck Ingram News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 11: Now the latest forecast from the Jake Sweeney Chevrolet Weather Center Jake Sweeney Chevrolet Better for Less.
Speaker 9: Finally, a little change in our sky today. It'll be partly cloudy, which means not overcasts. Like the last couple of days. Temperatures start at twenty seven and ended up at thirty seven this afternoon.
Speaker 1: Tonight, we're out of twenty five.
Speaker 9: Clouds are rolling back in and they'll be around for most of Saturday's forecasts and Highsmorrow a little cooler because of that. We'll come in at thirty five from your severe Weather station. I'm nine First Warning Metiora Relojis Jennifer Catchmark News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 11: Sunshine twenty six degrees right now. Don't know yet if they'll be able to go back to school Monday. Cruiser investigating after part of the roof collapsed yesterday at Latonia Elementary in Covington.
Speaker 1: Collapse happened in the school's gym.
Speaker 11: The districts has the site's been secured and damage assessments are ongoing. One of the suspects arrested for the violent beatings downtown in Cincinnati to follow the music festival last summer is back behind bars this morning. He should Vaughan accused of violating the terms of her bond. Court documents, so she ignored the judge's order to stay in her home repeatedly. She faces a hearing for violating the terms of her bond in court Monday. Well, the calendar turns the twenty twenty six time for New Year's resolutions. This year, for a growing number of people, that means giving up drinking alcohol for the month.
Speaker 13: Studies found that participants who went alcohol free for one month showed decree past lover fat, lower blood sugar, improved sleep, and better concentration within weeks. Studies show that after dry January, successful participants were overall consuming fewer.
Speaker 11: Drinks ABC's and fora fujiji you see bearcasts football team back in action today after a long break.
Speaker 1: They take on Navy and the Liberty Bowl. Airtime here is three thirty.
Speaker 11: Even though the Bengals have nothing to play for Sunday, number nine will be starting a quarterback for the team's final game of the year against the Browns.
Speaker 14: Burrows says he's in unfamiliar territory as he prepares for a Week eighteen start against the Cleveland Browns. Knowing the season ends on Sunday, the quarterback says his goals are now focused on acting as a conduit between the locker room and the front office. Burrows says changes will be necessary to get the Bengals back to championship contention next year. I'm Travis Lair News Radio seven hundred wlw's My Next, updated nine thirty. I'm Brian Colbs News Radio, so a WLUB.
Speaker 8: This report is sponsored by Miami Valley Gaming.
Speaker 2: Get ready to get.
Speaker 9: Lucky at Miami Ballad Gaming with over twenty two hundred gaming machines.
Speaker 8: We got you covered.
Speaker 1: Must be twenty one