Speaker 1: Right back on the Big One, seven HUNDREDLW twelve O nine Dan Carroll in for the great American Bill Cunningham. And it looks like we have survived another Snowmageddon. I am told that people like Brian Comb's, people like Chuck Ingram. That's a couple of savvy, savvy veterans right there who have driven in all kinds of conditions. And they even got caught up in the teeth hair. And I that was all over the roads this morning as people were trying to get to wherever they were going. And I asked Chuck Ingram this morning, I said, what about the city of Cincinnati. We know about seventy one the cut in the hill. We had some tractor trailers that were jackknifed on the cut in the hill, causing massive backups on I seventy one, I said, but what about the city of Cincinnati. He said, By all accounts, it looks like things went pretty well in the city of Cincinnati, which is kind of nice. So I'm giving props to the City of Cincinnati. Not one hundred percent sure that they went about it in the right manner, but it looks like, at least for now, they've escaped the worst of the worst. Joining me now is the man who would have been mayor of the City of Cincinnati if only he would have got another fifty six or fifty seven percent of the vote, And that is Corey Bowman. And Corey Bowman welcome the seven hundred WLW just got edged out by about fifty seven percent of the vote. It was pretty close.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just about by the hair of my chinny chinshin right there. Well, first of all, thank you so much, Dan for having me to all your listeners. I hope you guys had an amazing Thanksgiving and you're enjoying the beginning of the Christmas season here.
Speaker 1: Well. Absolutely, I hope you and your family had a great Thanksgiving. And I know Christmas is a big deal for you, but is it Is it almost better having been beaten in a thoroughly convincing way rather than having maybe lost by by one or two points. Now that you look back on it and have has a little time to digest this, well.
Speaker 2: I mean, so this is actually one of my first I think this is my first interview since the election.
Speaker 3: You know, it was really this family.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know, I just want to personally say thank you to every single person that not only voted for us, but anybody that knocked on a door for us, put a flyer out, shared a post for us, because really, you know, at the beginning of it, this is our first political race. You know, we're fairly new into everything that we were doing, and we all I wanted to set out to do is run the best race that we could, to expose the issues, to start the conversation, and ultimately, you know, give the city a chance to see where we are politically on these local levels as well, because we were the first Republican candidate in sixteen years, and you know what you're seeing through the results. You know, if you look past the last five years, specifically in the one hundred and ninety one precincts of Cincinnati, whether it be with you know, the previous Congress races, whether it be with the Senate races, whether be even with the presidential races, you know, our percentages basically lined up with that, which is where about seventy five twenty five or you know, seventy eight twenty two or eighty twenty city when it comes to the party lines, And I think that from a local level, that's something that we really had to expose and see, hey, where are we at and what do we need to focus on for the future.
Speaker 1: So hopefully the race that you ran, which I thought you I mean, look for a guy at first time out that I know a lot of people are are criticizing the way you ran the race. But from my perspective, I thought you did a great job. I thought every time that I had you on this station, every time I heard you on the either being interviewed by another host or fifty five with Brian Thomas, when I saw you on TV, when I saw you during the debates, I thought, I thought the arguments you made, the positions that you presented were for those who would pay attention to it, were solid positions, they were grounded in reality. You obviously didn't and Purvoll made a I know during one of the debates have to have the mayor made a point to criticize you for not having all the information, but obviously you don't have all the information that he's privy to. But I thought, for the most part, I thought you ran You ran a campaign, and I thought your positions were reasonable and they were completely acceptable alternatives to what the policies are that we have now in the city of Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: Well, I appreciate those words, you know, for us, you know, it's very hard in this political climate. And you know, obviously with to my brothers, which I'm not ashamed of. You know, my brother is the vice President of the United States, and that's something I'm extremely proud of to see what he's able to accomplish. But one thing that we tried to drive home as much as we could is that we have to run these city elections on city issue. You know, you mentioned at the start of the program the snow removement. You know, I have a coffee shop, and our coffee shop last year there was a week straight where customers couldn't come into our shop because the snowplile removal. Well this this morning, the snow file wasn't on our street, but it was only two to four inches in the downtown area and enough cars are driving by it to where people can get in. But I will say this, I want to give you know, the City of Cincinnati and credit where credits do, whether it be with the mayor or the city manager. As far as this first you know, major hit which you know two to four inches, I don't know if that's a major hit. But you know, I've watched Central Parkway, I've watched Lynn Street, I've watched all the streets at our main roads. And even last night, it was about probably one a m. Two am, right outside my door there was a snow truck. You could tell that they were ready. They were being proactive, and that's what we need from city government. We don't need people that copy and paste national politics. We need people that are going to be proactive when it comes to the city issues, crime, infrastructure, the budget being spent properly and obviously with the service is like plantation snowflower grouple.
Speaker 1: So Corey Bowman, I want to get back to the snow issue in just a second, but I was thinking about something. A week or so ago. I was asked by a caller on my on my nighttime show, and the caller said, how much help did Corey Bowman get from the local Republican Party? And I said, you know what, I don't know what that answer is. I said, well, I will ask him that when I get a chance to talk to him. But from my perspective, it didn't seem like you got that much help. I don't know. I don't know what's true. I don't know how much help you wanted. I don't know how much help the Republican Party was able to give to you. So when I ask you that question, how much help were you able to get from the local Republican establishment, what is the answer that question?
Speaker 2: Well, I'll say this, you know, based on the results and based on maybe how people perceive it. You know, you can probably make your own assumptions. But from my perspective, Chairman Wrussell Mock, even Chairman Alyx from the state level, every time I reached out for any type of advice, any type of help, any type of event that we were holding, they were encouraging, they helped, they they were able to guide us in a lot of ways. And I think that, you know, one thing I did notice, the biggest thing I've noticed when it comes to if you want to focus on party, and you want to focus on let's say, the Republican Party the Hamilton County, you know, there's a lot of different opinions, there's a lot of different backgrounds, and I think the thing that we need to focus on is, no matter who's at the top, if we can't unify together to be able to have organization, to be able to volunteer and to do the work properly, not based on all these very specific opinions, but based on a collaborative approach that, hey, we need to have conservative values back in Hamilton County, back in the city. That's where we're going to see the most done. And I think that's the work that's ahead of us because the Republican Party, you know, when they saw President Trump get in in twenty twenty four, we're seeing this right now that a lot of them just sit at home and don't want to get involved in these off year elections. We're seeing it right now today. There's a special election in Tennessee for Republicans seat that could very well flip Democrat if voters don't turn out. Because in these off yr elections, the organization and the structure and the unity of the other side in these cities are a lot better. And I think that's what we need to focus on. As far as help from the party goes. There wasn't one time where I felt like the Hampton County GOP wasn't on our side, the state GOP wasn't on our side. And I will say this too There's even people that are on the other side that are mad that the party even got involved at all because they're saying, hey, you're wasting money in the city election. We need to focus on other elections. And I think that mindset that you always need to put up a fight no matter what. You always got to be able to stand on your ground, no matter what, no matter how impossible it is. And I can say that Chairman Mok and even Chairman Alex and people on the GOP that they stood with us and they took a chance on us with this election.
Speaker 1: Well good because I look at this and I think it's a worthy effort. We haven't had a Republican mayor in the city of Cincinnati since nineteen seventy one, and changing things up and trying something different I think would not be a bad idea. What about local media do you think do you feel like you've got a fair shake from local media?
Speaker 2: Well, I will say this. I'm not going to call anyboy specific, but there were certain there were certain reporters and certain you know outlets that in the last three weeks I just basically, you know, refused to kind of respond to anything because over the course of the year I had responded to questions and then realized they were going to write whatever they wanted, no matter what they net. There was some any misquotes, or so many times where even if I didn't say something, they would spin it however way they want. I think that's something that we got to really look at when it comes to these city media outlets. You know, for me, there was some that were extremely fair, you know, the news organizations, the local channels. There was many people within each one of those outlets that were able to give us a fair share. But ultimately, you know, the overall mentality in perception of the city is dictated by a lot of these media outlets, and I think that we need to kind of focus back on the facts and not based on biased opinions.
Speaker 1: You mentioned earlier that you are the brother of JD. Vance and I think that was how you got introduced to the city of Cincinnati. Look, here's the guy who's running. Who's Corey Bowman. He's the brother of J. D Evans, Jada Evans. You know, it may encourage you to get in the race. Even though he knew it was a huge uphill climb. I think you knew it was a huge uphill climb, and it seems to me that fairly or unfairly, and I would believe unfairly, the Democrats centered a lot of their campaign or the re election campaign of a f tab pervol around that. In that a lot of what I heard during the course of this campaign was, oh, here's Corey Bowman, he's They wanted to tie you to the Trump administration. They wanted to try to tie you to JD. Vans and Donald Trump and say this is the way Trump is going to get Mega into the city of Cincinnati. And they knew that hardcore Democrat voters who are opposed to Trump, opposed to anything Mega, would respond to that. As you saw that strategy play out, do you feel like that was an effective part of the strategy that really took the focus off of the issues that you wanted to talk about and instead you had to combat this notion that you were the trojan horse to bring me into the city of cincident.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, for me, you know, whenever you look at all the questions, yes, that was always going to be the headline of everything of you know, Vice President J. D. Vance's brother. And you could tell probably about halfway through the year, I realized, oh, that's that's the main strategy, because they were sending out mailers that was basically saying MAGA was coming in.
Speaker 4: And it wasn't just me.
Speaker 2: You know, you had names on the ballot, like great names like Christopher Smithman, Is Keating, Steve Gooden and a lot of them. When you look at them from a politics standpoint, they're fairly moderate or they're just more common sense. You know, they're willing to work on both sides of the aisle to get stuff done for the city. But it didn't matter who was going to be on the ballot. They were always going to frame it is that anybody that wasn't on the nine endorsed candidates of the City Council and the mayor account or the mayor candidate whoever wasn't a part of that endorsed ticket was obviously MAGA.
Speaker 4: And they're here.
Speaker 2: To take your benefits. They're here to take this and that was a huge strategy that they had in the city. You know, you look at somebody like Liz Keating, or you look at somebody like Lakeda Cole, who's not even a part of any of those conservative movements. She's served in. I believe bond Hill for years and these people that have the name and recognition, that have the history with the city. I believe that the closest that they got to the lowest city council you know person, was ten thousand votes. So then you see that it wasn't necessarily Yeah, me and my who my brother is might have added to that, but they were going to spend that no matter what, because it's all about us versus them, not about city politics and actually doing what's right for the city. And we have to hold people accountable in city government for city issues.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, Corey Bowman, we've got to run. But I know you've got the church, You've got the coffee shop, you've got the family. You've got plenty of stuff going on to keep you busy in the next election cycle. Do we see Corey Bowman coming back again for another run at the mayor's office.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll say this with all honesty. My main focus right now is just spending time with the kids, focusing on We just had a Thanksgiving outreach for our church. We're about to do a Christmas outreach and a bunch of other those stuff like that. In the West End working with schools and stuff. That's our main focus right now. But the vision for our lives, I've said this since the beginning, is to impact the lives of Cincinnati and whatever is going to help the region, whatever is going to help in that way, and we feel a peace of God behind it. There's not a lot that we won't consider. It's more so just in the timing of the Lord and making sure that we make those decisions when the time is right.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, Corey Bowman, thank you so much for the time today. I texted you after the results were in that I looked at what you did and I give you great credit for what you did, and you are the man in the arena and to me you will always be that. And whenever you want to have something you want to talk about, my airwaves or your airwaves, and I thank you for what you did. And anytime you want to come on the radio and get something off of your chest, please give me a call and reach out to me and I'll be more than happy to have you on. But Corey Bowman, all the best to you and your family, and I hope you have a great Christmas and a great New Year. And I hope we get a chance to talking again before.
Speaker 2: To absolutely thank you Dan for having me to you and your listeners.
Speaker 1: All right, there you go, Corey Bowman, the man who would have been mayor if only fifty seven percent more of those who turned out and look, voter turnout was what twenty seven twenty eight percent. That is an absolute shame and that is an absolute disgrace for the city of Cincinnati to only have twenty seven or twenty eight percent of the voters bother to go out and have their voices heard. Twelve twenty five, Dan Carroll for Bill Cunningham, seven hundred WLW. Back on the Big One, seven hundred WLW. Twelve thirty nine, Dan Carroll in for Bill Cunningham. Dave Keaton is running the big board in the seven hundred WLW command center. We call him the Broadcast Sheriff. Five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven, eight hundred. The Big one phone lines are open. How was your drive in today? How was your drive in this morning? Because the early on it was not good. It was tough sledding out there early on. And I was up about five this morning, a little after five, and I'm checking the traffic condition because my wife has got to get out early, she's got to go to work. So I'm out there digging out the car, clearing off the driveway, doing all that stuff, and I'm watching. I turn on channel nineteen and I see Stefano DPA Trantonio and he's talking about Jackknife tractor trailers on I seventy one coming up to ken Wood Cutt in the hill and so that was not good. That was that was rough right there. And I knew that the city of Cincinnati had their snowplow tracker on. And by the way, before I continue on to this, I want to say thanks to Corey Bowman. I did not know that was his first interview post election. Corey Bowman. I refer to him as the man in the Arena because when when I think of him and I think of what he tried to do, I know that it was a huge, a huge undertaking with with little probability of success, that he put his name out there, he put his neck out there, put his his name and his reputation on the line to try and become the mayor of the City of Cincinnati. And so I texted him after the election was over and I said, you are the man in the arena, because I'm reminded when I think of him, I'm reminded of the speech at Theodore Roosevelt delivered in Paris on April twenty third of nineteen ten, and he spoke these words, It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs, who comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming. But who does actually strive to do the deeds, who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat. And those are the words of Theodore Roosevelt. And when I think of Corey Bowman, I think of those words and I think of that great speech the Man in the Arena, So I just wanted to get that in there. But I got up this morning and so I turned on five nine, twelve nineteen. I'm watching these young reporters and reporter ats drive around. And it's something that I used to do back in the day, because when it snows like it was this morning, you don't fly the helicopter. So I would get into the storm tracker vehicle and we had the cameras in the cars, and you're driving around, you're looking at roads, you're reporting what the roads were like. And I can't tell you how many times I heard this morning. And if this gets under your skin the way it does mine, I want to hear about I hear these reporters tell me, Hey, if you can stay home, then stay home. If you don't need to be out on the roads, then don't be out on the roads. Take it slow, got to be careful out there. Well, you know what, Look, if you're a reporter and you said that you rely on I call those crutches. You gotta do you really, you gotta be better than that. I know when I was reporting on snow conditions and I was driving out there. I would tell people to decide for themselves. I would talk about the conditions of the roads that we saw, and I would tell people what was going on. Hey, the snowplows are out here, the roads are being treated. If you have to get somewhere, you can probably get there. And the one thing I would tell people is you know what kind of driver you are when it comes to driving in the snow. You have to be able to honestly evaluate yourself and your own level of skill behind the wheel. And that's not to say that it's good or bad or anything else, but not everyone has the same skill set, the same skill level when it comes to driving a car. Myself, I think I'm a pretty good driver behind the wheel. I've been driving in snow for a long time. I can handle a lot of stuff. I don't have a four wheel drive. If I had a four wheel drive vehicle and forget it, game over, I don't have one right now, but I feel like I can handle it and the stuff that was out there this morning. Do I feel like I can drive in it? Yes?
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 1: Maybe you can't. You have to evaluate yourself in an honest way on days like today, and I don't need young twenty something year old reporters telling me that I should stay home or stay away from the snowplows and the crews that are working the roads. Really, I don't need that. I know there's a lot of reporters say that. I mean, I've seen it for years and years and years myself. I like to think that when I was doing that, when it was my turn to be out there on the side of the highway, I never said those words because I knew it bothered me and I figured it bothered other people. So I challenged myself to present that information in a different sort of way, and hopefully I feel like I did that. So how was your drive this morning? Five one, three, seven, four nine, seven thousand, one eight hundred the big one. The other thing I did is I knew the city of Cincinnati, but what did we have? And I think it was right before the election. We had the city come out, the mayor was there, the city manager was there, other individuals from the City of Cincinnati. And look, by all accounts, the City of Cincinnati did a pretty good job today of getting things cleared. But I went to the website because I knew that the snow tracker was going to be up and running. I knew that this was high technology and mother nature were coming together, and according to the city, high technology was going to win the day. And so I go to the City of Cincinnati website and I go to the snowplow tracker, and I see this. I see the snowplow tracker is only active during full winter response operations, when DPS crews are working in twelve hour day and night shifts to cover the entire city. During smaller and more localized events, the tracker may not be turned on. And so I scrolled down where the tracker is supposed to be, and I've got a giant black square and I'm looking at it right now. Public viewer is temporarily under heavy server load and is unavailable. Well, what goold is high technology if it's unavailable? And we had the city manager and we had the mayor talking about hey, And of course this was after the failure of a snow event. I believe it was ten or eleven inches last year in January. Absolute failure, abject failure when it comes to getting the snow off the roads. One of the very basics that you're supposed to do if you are a city, if you're a city government, if you run the city, you've got to be able to clear the roads. And so we have this giant press conference. Hey look at this, we've got iPads and all the trucks. Now, to my way of thinking, I don't know how good an iPad is when it comes to clearing snow. It seems to me it would be very inefficient trying to use an iPad to clear a scop. My wife has an iPad. I don't have one, but I don't know how much snow you can scrape away with an iPad. An iPad is good for getting on the internet, playing some games, reading a book, stuff like that, but when it comes to clearing snow, I'm not really sure or how good that is. I would much rather have seen some brand new giant salt trucks and snowplows rolled out there, maybe fifteen or twenty of them, big ones with big blades on them. Hey, look at what we have. We came up short. We knew we had an aging fleet. We knew that a lot of these trucks were out of service, about twenty percent of them. When the snow comes next time, trucks are going to be in service, trucks are going to be working, we're gonna have plows on the road. And then in the city of Cincinnati, you've got a lot of situations where you have residential streets, whether the streets aren't all that wide and people who live there don't have the opportunity to park in driveways, or if they have multiple cars, maybe they can't get one car in a driveway and the other car has to be on the street. I would have liked to see some smaller vehicles, maybe some pickup trucks, maybe a few gaters with snowplows on them, maybe ten or fifteen pickup trucks with smaller plows able to get through tighter areas, to plow those streets in smaller areas. And then people who really know the city like the back of their hand. This is a tough city when it comes to understanding the streets, when knowing the hills, knowing what needs priority. There's a lot of factors that go into it. By all accounts, today the city did a pretty good job. But this notion that you've got iPads and all the trucks, we've got cameras all over the place, that somehow that is going to be the answer when it comes to clearing the streets. Look, when it comes to clearing snow, you need equipment, you need hardware, you need people who know what they're doing. If it was me, that's that's where I would have put my priorities, and I would have made it a priority. Let's get some new vehicles in here, Let's get some more plows, Let's get people who know what they're doing. Five one, three, seven, four, nine, eight hundred, The big one. How is your drive in this morning, jeff In, jeffy 're in Xenia. How are things up in Xenia this morning?
Speaker 5: Well, we got about six inches overall, and actually the roads were done very well. I mean I'm cruising on the roads right now and they're nice and clean and nice and salted, and actually they're very passable. I just wanted to make a couple of points, you know, getting back to your reporters. You know, if you've lived in Ohio for any amount of time, snow is not that unusual here. And it seems to be that, you know, everybody forgets that we do get snow basically between December and sometimes March.
Speaker 1: That's a fact.
Speaker 5: And sometimes it's it's deep. Sometimes it's not. But it's like, you know, snow mageddon. You know, if we get more than two or three inches.
Speaker 1: It's snowmageddon.
Speaker 5: And it amazes me that these people think that, you know, it's a brand new that it's never happened before, because most of the people out here, you know, it's okay, it's another day. To take a little slower, maybe take a little bit more time, but there's.
Speaker 3: No big deal.
Speaker 1: Well, the thing is, it's it is the largely when events like this happen, it is the news directors who make that call. The news directors say we're going on their early, we're going to have extra people in, we're going to have people on the streets, and a lot of times the news directors, at least during my time in the television business, the news directors were not from around here, so they didn't they had different perceptions of what snow coverage ought to be. But God forbid that you decide that this snow event is not all that important. And look, I think this morning I think the snow that came down in the over nine hours, Yeah, I think the morning shows they should have had the crews out there they should have had. But God forbid. If you're a news director and you decide maybe it's not all that important, and you're the news director, it's a channel twelve, and then the boss looks at channel five, looks at Channel nine, looks at Channel nineteen. Hey, they've got all this going on. Why don't we have this going on? Guess what that news director was gonna be looking for another job recent So you.
Speaker 5: Gotta, you gotta, you definitely have to anticipate this stuff because it's uh. I mean sometimes I would say the weather people are fairly accurate, but not.
Speaker 1: Always the best.
Speaker 5: And I was really surprised because I was expected it to come in about seven o'clock last night, and I went to bed about eleven and it still hadn't really started snowing.
Speaker 6: And I woke up this morning.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was about four inches. So it did a pretty good job overnight. And you get a dump like that, which is unusual for Ohio to a point. I mean, you know, you get a couple of inches, but or four or five inches. It does make a difference in banks. The road's a lot less travelable, But you know that's people just need to relax you know it's.
Speaker 4: No big deal.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So, Jeff, as a grown adult, do you need a young television news reporter telling you to take it slow and maybe allow for some extra time and maybe bundle up as you go outside. Do you need a news reporter to tell you that?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: I don't, and I get I get. I get fairly upset too. Is when they make sure you know when they're doing the report, and make sure you put your jacket on, make sure you have your gloves and hat.
Speaker 1: Put your head and gloves. Jeff, thanks for the call, man, I appreciate it. Say saved the great show. All right, there you go. Let's go to Melanie of Cincinnati and Melanie, you're on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 7: Well, Hi there, good afternoon everyone.
Speaker 1: H'm Melanie.
Speaker 4: Hi.
Speaker 7: The first thing I want to do is say thank you to all the men and women who help clear the streets. Thank you so much for.
Speaker 3: Your good work.
Speaker 1: There you go. That's a good thought.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And secondly, I wanted to offer a tip. I still live in northern Michigan and my husband refused to drive me everywhere, even though I was from Cincinnati and didn't have any snow driving skills. So what he had me do was late at night when stores would close, like Walmart. He would take me to a parking lot where there were no cars around and give me an opportunity to feel what it feels like to slide out and know how to come back into that. So I'm offering that tip to anyone who's new to driving in the snow, be prepared for next time in practice if you can.
Speaker 1: That's good. That's a good point. That is actually something that I used to do when I was a young driver. I would go and then and it's it's it's a different it's a different animal now because the vast majority of cars have front wheel drive, or they have or they have all wheel drive, but the vast majority of cars a front wheel drive. And so when I was younger and I was learning how to drive, the cars were rear reel drive, and those cars to hand, when they drive from the rear wheels, they drive a lot differently than they do with a front wheel drive. So that is I think that is a good point and something that you should take the time to learn if you haven't had the opportunity to learn that yet. So Melanie, that's that's a good tip. Thank you all right, there you go, Melanie from Cincinnati, and good advice right there, even though she said she was driving around in Michigan. So appreciate those calls coming up after the news. We got to get a break in here and get the news at the top of the hour and then coming up, I've got Tim Graham, who is the executive editor of NewsBusters and he also does the NewsBusters podcast. The White House has done something that I have not seen a White House do before, and my way of thinking, this is one of the greatest moves ever that a White House has done. I'll tell you about that and we'll talk to Tim Graham about it as we roll on. Dan Carolyn for Bill Cunningham on this snowy Monday in Cincinnati on seven hundred w LW.
Speaker 6: Seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: It is one o eight. This is at the end of the last break. I said it was a snowy Monday. It's not Monday. Today's Tuesday. So it's Dan Carolyn for the Great American Bill Cunningham. Today is Tuesday, snowy Tuesday, And well that was my fault, so I just wanted to correct that when I get back out here. In any case, it is my great pleasure to welcome in Tim Graham from NewsBusters dot org and Tim Graham always great to have you on. Tim Graham is the executive editor of NewsBusters, also hosts of the NewsBusters podcast and Tim Graham great to have you back on seven hundred WLW. How are you today? We're good, rainy as heck, but it's fine, rainy as heck. We had snow this morning. Tell me a little bit about the NewsBusters podcast. I have not had a chance to listen to this yet, but what do you guys talk about on the NewsBusters podcast? And where can people find it if they want to find it? Oh, it's all over Apple, Spotify, it's now a video product, it's on YouTube and Rumble. But we started in twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: This is another way to talk about what we're finding on the website about media bias and the media business. And so yes, now under our new leadership with David Boseli's like, let's put this thing on video. So now I have to worry about not only did it make sense, but it is there something in my teeth?
Speaker 1: Those are the hazards of being on camera, my friend. I think the White House has done something here that is long overdue. And this is a white House dot of slash media bias. And so I look at this and now the White House. Are they taking a page out of the Newsbuster's playbook or his NewsBusters helping out here? But the White House is putting out their own website now where they go and they've got their offender of the week and they put all the misleading and biased news coverage out there on their own website, which I think is just a fabulous idea if you had a chance to look at this.
Speaker 3: Yet. Yes, I wrote it up the other day for NewsBusters. It's it's you know, we're not actively involved with it in that they're emailing, that's at asking for huh, what do you got? But certainly they put out an email a couple of weeks go about the worst bias of ABC News and there were nine NewsBusters links in the email out of fifteen, so we know they're reading it obviously. Look, this is where the Republican Party is today. You can't get anything done without pointing out the tremendous, massive obstacle we have in a news media that really feels dedicated to the idea of enabling the Democrats daily. You know, they'll try to pretend, oh, we're all about accountability. In fact, no, you're about narratives and making sure your side wins. And that's kind of the game, is to try to tell you, here's what they're covering, here's what they're overcovering, here's what they're omitting.
Speaker 5: Like we're not going to cover.
Speaker 3: The Somalian massive social services fraud in Minnesota because we don't like migrant crime. That's not our thing. That's a magazine.
Speaker 1: So Tim Graham on the on the the White House website. When it comes to news bias, first of all, let me go back to Caroline Levitt. When when you look at Caroline Levitt, she she is absolutely she continues, in to my way of thinking, a great line of press secretaries when you look at the Trump administration, I think, uh, the uh. And now she's the governor of Arkansas. And of course her names escapes me when I'm trying to think Sarah Huckabee Sanders. I thought she was absolutely terrific, and I mean it. You know, Caroline Levitt continues to have these mic drop moments when she is confronting the media on different stories that they produced and she had won yesterday where the New York Times put out a story and and they're continuing this narrative that they're trying to further right now about Trump is aging in office, he's falling asleep, can't keep up the schedules, too tough for him. And she absolutely had a mic drop moment when she came to shutting that down. And I just think Caroline Levitt is terrific in that position.
Speaker 3: Imagine trying to compare her to Karine Jean Pierre, you know, and and she's thirty yet, I mean, she's also remarkably young. But this is what you need in the Republican press secretary. They have to come in knowing that they're going to battle, because the White House Press Corps when a Republican is president is a shark tank, and the White House Press Corps when a Democrat is president is like mister Rogers neighborhood or you know, find your newer alternative, paw Patrol. I don't know, but I don't watch any of these kiddie shows anymore. My kid thirty five. But remember under Biden, it was like, well, we'll tell you the question we're going to ask in advance so you can make a note card with my picture for the for President Senile.
Speaker 1: You know, it is absolutely amazing how when it comes to the Biden administration, the press doesn't know anything about the corruption. They don't know anything about the connections to Ukraine or Russia or China. They don't know anything about what the DOJ is doing. They don't know anything about what Jack Smith is doing. They don't know anything about that. But yet when it comes to this administration, and it was amazing to me in the last twenty four hours, how so much of the media has become experts on what is a war crime and what is not. So you've got this situation where we're blowing boats out of the water that are trying to bring drugs into the United States from Venezuela or wherever they're coming from. And there may have been a second strike on a boat that didn't get completely destroyed, or maybe some people survived or whatever. And now the media is expert on this subject so much. I mean, they know, Tim Graham, what a war crime is and what a war crime is. Isn't it amazing to you how the national media in this country is simply able to flip that switch and have expertise on so many matters when it comes to covering this administration, well.
Speaker 3: Being a White House reporter is difficult, just like being a White House Press secretary is difficult, because you have to be a generalist. You have to know a little bit about positively everything, or you're constantly boning up on these things. Well, this apparently came from a Washington Post story where they were claiming that somehow Pete Hegsas ordered them to kill the guys that were floating out in the water. Well, we don't know that. The New York Times now it's put on a story that basically suggests the Washington Post got it wrong. They didn't say it explicitly, but that's what the reporting suggests. So I think for them, the reason this is the big story of the day is because it just seems to tailor so nicely to Mark Kelly and Alyssa Slotkin and company saying illegal orders, illegal orders. They're like, Hey, maybe this could be it, and so they glom onto it. I wanted to disagree with you a little bit on the Jack Smith thing. You're right that they didn't investigate what Jack Smith was doing. What they did instead was like CNN took a camera crew and followed Jack Smith to getting a sandwich at subway because he's a normal Joe. You know, that's the kind of coverage we got. You know, he's doing the heroic work of taking Trump down.
Speaker 1: That's important. That's important for the people to know because, as we know, the only reason they do the interviews they do and the pieces they do is to further everyone's understanding and have deeper knowledge of what the important issues are. They you know, they're not doing it to get high fives from their colleagues, you know over at MSNBC or ABC or CBS, or from George Stephanoppli.
Speaker 3: This is an important point. And when you're a reporter in Washington, a lot of what you're writing is really trying to impress your journalist to colleagues, not just your bosses, but the other reporters in the room. So that's how you get a pack mentality because everybody's trying to ride the same narrative wagon. And that's why they really dislike Trump voter reporters in the press room because they're just like, oh, how objectionable it is that there are people in here who would rather flatter the present than question them, and it's like, well, what did you just do for four years? And so you know, obviously you look at this last briefing, Jackie Heinrich of Fox was asking tough question questions that any of the reporters in the room would have asked. And it is the job of reporters to try to hold all presidents accountable. I think that should be the goal. The problem, again, as I suggested, is that they they don't want to hold the Republicans accountable so much as they want to destroy them, and they don't hold Democrats accountable. They want to protect them. And that's that's the difference. That's what we find on a regular basis. And there's just sometimes where the news is so bad, like Biden trying to withdraw from Afghanistan, where we got about three or four days of the White House Press Corpt Going what did you think you were doing?
Speaker 4: It was that bad?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, it's we were talking earlier about the White House and they've got their media Offender of the Week and their website up where they've got their their their Hall of shame, and you've got a piece up this morning talking about how the washing and posts and others are reacting to this notion that the White House would dare call out their journalistic ethics and there you know, and the and their strict guidelines and reporting standards when it comes to you know, ethical journalism, and it's a you know, I look at this and it's amazing to me that how these standards apply in so many instances. But when you have a report like the story we were just talking about, when when it comes to Pete Hegsef given this order, the report was based on all of what anonymous sources, people who would not go on the record, absolutely no way to corroborate this before this report got out. But yet those standards don't seem to apply when it comes to every single other major news outlet in this country jumping onto this story and getting it out there so everyone make sure that they know about it and they can hear about it. That the possibility that this it maministration was committing war crimes is the most important story, and it's been the lead story, you know, ever since yesterday morning, all through the day and all through the day today that this administration possibly committed war crimes. And that's the narrative they want to get out there, and in this case, journalistic ethics be damned.
Speaker 3: Well once again they picked stories based on how can we be relentlessly negative about Trump today? They picked the most negative angle they can find, and that's the one they golomb on too, and they glom onto it in a pack. But let's try to ask ourselves the question. You know, shortly after the withdrawal fiasco in Afghanistan, the Biden administration had a drone attack in Afghanistan. They ended up killing a father and its children, civilians. Was that a war crime? They weren't asking that question. That was a story that probably went away in twenty four to thirty six hours. You remember, under under President Obama, there was a pile of drone attacks. They were droning things all the time. They took out a guy named anwar All, a Lockey who was an American. Some of the conservative hosts here in town used to be like, Obama droned an American citizen. Well, he was also a terrorist influencer. But it's it's that whole idea of well, there is no such thing as a war crime if it's done by our guy, you know, I mean, that's the double standard and when they mess up. You know, there there's this clip going around X Today where John Kirby's on Morning Joe saying, well, no, we're not punishing anybody. Nobody's getting fired. Yeah, nobody's getting disciplined. And that's that's and and the story goes away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe he was the one. He was the one who it seemed when you listen to that clip, it seems as if he's the one who unilaterally made that call. And at that point the media is like, you know, hands off, it's good. That's good enough for me. No one's going to be disciplined. It's time to go on to the next thing. What about this this thing that Jim Acosta did earlier this week where he's proposing that liberal media boycott Trump events and not somehow Trump is going to be upset if ABC and CBS and NBC it doesn't show up to one of his press events. That's that is that is such a great idea. Look, people like me, I'm sitting here, say do it. I'm saying do it. I would love to see the reaction of Trump or the White House when it comes to these organizations not showing up in boycott and boycott the whatever whatever news event that the White House is putting on that day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, isn't that what they call a cell phone? You know, we should just all withdraw and not say anything. You know. The fact of the matter is Jim Acosta isn't in the White House Press Corps anymore. He has no skin in the game. He has no reason to say, gee, I think I should really be there so that CNN has a news story. But the most preposterous thing about that is Jim Acosta saying, oh, how rude President Trump is rude? Like Jim Acosta was never rude. Jim Acosta was never uncivil.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 3: Trump was trying to get him to shut up when he was like yelling like, you have to mean, cnnswer, I demand a question. And he blustered with the microphone for like five minutes, and the poor female presages trying to take the microphone away from him, and he's like, you know, and it's like, look, he's still the same person. He's a grand stander. He seems to always be looking at himself in the mirror, and the idea he would lecture anybody else about being rude is comical.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I remember when that event happened, and he tried to claim that he did not put a hand on that that White House and the White House aide who was trying to get to mic. And I've always wondered this, Tim, if Jim Acosta was sitting there waiting to get his question in and there was some other reporter who was essentially hogging the microphone as he did, and Trump had told that other reporter multiple times that's enough, put the mic down. Let somebody else have a chance. And he goes on and on and on. I remember this like it was yesterday. How would Jim Acosta have acted or reacted if someone else was taking up his time? Not very favorab yet I would imagine.
Speaker 3: I would imagine from being in the room for two years under Bush, I was a White House reporter for a little Christian magazine.
Speaker 1: All right, well, Tim, I have to apologize. I'm looking at the clock. I am way way behind. I shouldn't have asked you that last question, but we have to we have to go. I gotta cut it off. But Tim Graham, uh NewsBusters dot Org. You guys do such great work there. Always appreciate the time, my friend. Keep up the great work. We'll be talking again before too long. Oh, all right, there you go. Tim Graham from NewsBusters and the broadcast Sheriff is really me in here. We got to get to a break. Dan Carroll for Bill Cunningham seven hundred WLW. You better send those refunds.
Speaker 3: Oh hello, hello, quiet, and I'm I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 4: God.
Speaker 1: I'm told those were the words? Are those the words of Joe Burrow for the last time Burrow played the Bills. I just heard a voice in my head saying that that's what, say, Dennison, What the heck was that we just listened to.
Speaker 4: That was Joe Burrow talking about something but Buffalo in this week?
Speaker 1: I think, don't they Well, I think I think the Bengals do play Buffalo this week, and Buffalo's pretty good. What about Trey Hendrickson, though, is what.
Speaker 4: That's That's a major mystery. Who knows?
Speaker 1: That's a it's a you know what, it's a good thing. The Bengals gave him a fourteen million dollar raise. It's a good thing he's earned. He's earning thirty million dollars this year. Because I'm telling you what, it's tough to sit out that many games if you're not pulling down that kind of jack, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: And as a captain, you don't go to the one Road game a few weeks ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean they I think they really did a good job of getting him back in the fold, because my god, without Trey Hendrickson, you know what, where would the Bengals be. Now that's a good question, seg Dennison.
Speaker 4: Let's see here in Middletown, and Denise is here with me as we are a hunker down in Middletown. The Future Fort is a proud service of a local tem Star Heating and air conditioning dealers Tephstar deal and sitting north of Kentucky called Johnson Heating and Pooling eight five four seven two sixty fifty one.
Speaker 1: Fuck when it snows. Bill Dennison does not drive. And I knew you wouldn't be here today, but God bless.
Speaker 3: It, I was there.
Speaker 4: I take some stuff this morning for Tommy. I hope it ran. And because I knew the traffic reports this morning, we're going to go twenty five minutes long.
Speaker 1: Absolutely well.
Speaker 4: I was slipped. I slipped sliding around this morning as I left, spun out about two or three times even before it hit the highway and I said, this is not work and I'm going to live to see another day.
Speaker 1: How much snow did you guys get up in Middletown today, I.
Speaker 4: Think one of the TV states and certainly got like four and a half inches.
Speaker 1: Four and a half inches, that's pretty good.
Speaker 4: So it was I think a little bit more up here than down there, but it was, you know, I was. It was all over the place. But sex hopefully gets a little better over the next couple of days.
Speaker 1: Seg. The city of Cincinnati now has a website called the Snow Tracker, And so you can go to the website and you can look up where the snow plows are, you can look up where the streets, what streets have been treated, you can look up, you know, what the conditions are like out there on the city streets. So I got up this morning turned on the snow tracker because I'm thinking. And fortunately I didn't have to, you know, go up the hill on Vine Street up to UC or I didn't have to go up the hill to go up to Mount Adams, or I didn't have to go up the hill to go up to Finneytown or sat next High School. Fortunately, I didn't have to do those things this morning, but had I needed to go up those hills, I would have gone to the snow tracker, and you know what I would have seen this morning, a blank screen, absolutely absolutely nothing. So the snow tracker was snow tracker didn't work.
Speaker 4: They're individual, they're indivisible. Damn there they're but maybe they cleaned them all off and they were off the streets.
Speaker 1: It was was I dreaming when when the City of Cincinnati had a big press conference to talk about how we've got we've got iPads in the snowplows now and we're gonna we're gonna be able to track the snowplows and streets are gonna get cleared and we're gonna know where they've been and know where they need to go? And all did did?
Speaker 8: Did?
Speaker 1: I did? I just dream that? Did we have a big news conference right before the election talking about all this great technology that the city had.
Speaker 4: They did it in front of that famous shots in front of the snow pile down in Camp Washington.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the salt pile, salt pile, snow pile.
Speaker 4: So whatever, Well, the snow pile because of the white white salt. But you know, I don't know, you know, maybe figured out.
Speaker 1: By by all means, but it looks like but you look, I'm not criticizing because it's a tough job. I mean, you need some expertise in this area. But it seems to me that you know, a truck with a blade on it is better at clear and snow than a guy out there with an iPad clear and snow. It seems to me that the snowplow would be a little more effective than clearing the snow with an iPad.
Speaker 4: Yes, Dan, you had their college basketball last night. The Cincinnati Bearcat took took care of those. Charlton State Texan seventy six fifty eight as ut goes to six and two. Rodney Anderson the third with twenty eight points as leading Xavier pass Saint Francis ninety six seventy four. So the Muskies are six and three and they will head into the Skyline Chiley Crosstown Shootout on the Friday night and the Skyline Chile Crosstown Shootout update brought to you apart by Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Cove Sheldon and more to night on The Richard Patino Show at seven pm. Fifty five KRC as he heads into his first shootouts of his career.
Speaker 1: The first shootout of his career. And I heard Andy Mack. Andy Mack was here yesterday talking about the shootout. And even though he doesn't know any of the guys on Xavier because they've got a completely new roster this year, Andy Mack is still going with the Muskies.
Speaker 4: If he didn't take the Muskies, the world would come to an end. Dan, that is a fact lately. Let's see tonight, you got North Carolina and Kentucky at eight on ESPN fifteen thirty, Indiana University East takes on the Miami RedHawks East Nafeast State up against the date of Flyers. At number one, Perdue will faced off against the Garlet Knight of Rutgers. A Bengals update brought to you by Good Spirits, Wind of Tobacco and Party Town, thirteen convenient locations in northern Kentucky. They're open three hundred and sixty five days. Good Spirits and Parties down and make those hot holidays effortless. Bengals back at work tomorrow, getting ready for those buffalo bills on Sunday, and we'll see what happens Buffalo's playing very well. They smoked Pittsburgh this the last week. And for the Bengals are coming off that big win against Baltimore, so we'll see what happened.
Speaker 1: So seg has has uc been selected for a bowl game yet?
Speaker 4: No, they don't.
Speaker 6: They won't do.
Speaker 4: They won't know that until I think later on this weekend.
Speaker 1: You all know that until later on this weekend.
Speaker 4: Could they whenever they picked the bowl game? I think they picked the bowl games in a few days. But no idea where the Houston Bearcat may be headed.
Speaker 1: Could they be going to the to the Myrtle Beach Bowl.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's all the bowls that the Big Twelve has a bunch of tie in with bowls, so they they may. They may end up in the Liberty Bowl in Memphis.
Speaker 1: I don't know what about the Snoop Dog Bowl in Arizona.
Speaker 4: I think that's Miami RedHawks the last year and that's where they may be going unless they well you know there. Miami's gonna go for the MAC Championship against Western Michigan on Saturday, So if they win, I don't know if they'll go to a Duke Dog or not.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: How about the Duke? How about the Duke Mayonnaise Bowl?
Speaker 4: Manaise now, because the the winner gets dount with mayonnaise, big giant, you are a mayonnaise over his Headfield will look too good in his visor having a bunch of mayonnaise. I'll talk of him.
Speaker 1: How about the How about the Tony the Tiger Bowl? How about that one. That's a pretty big bowl. It'll pass Texas.
Speaker 4: I bet I get. I bet you the winner there getting years to play of frosted flakes.
Speaker 1: The Benkal's gonna the bear Cats are going to play for all the cereal. They can eat all the frosted flakes. Why not?
Speaker 4: You know they got a lot of expenses there in Clifton. So you know what the heck?
Speaker 6: Hey man? Yeah.
Speaker 4: Football. Dan will Stein is the new head football coach at Kentucky who takes over for Mark Duke. He's going to be introduced later on in the week. Steyning the past three seasons in the offensive coordinator at Oregon. So you know, this guy's got a lot of credentials. And I think I read something that the Oregon Ducks have haven't scored an average of like at least twenty eight points a game to he's been there, So the Kentucky's getting a good one right there. So maybe he'll be able to turn things around. And they going from the Big Ten to the to the Southeastern Conference. He's a native of Kentuckian with them Deer they like, and he's the son of UK alumni, so that even gives him more ties to Lexington and Big Blue Nation. So I think they're going to have a good coach there and.
Speaker 1: Will dine with the wild Well, you got to have It's always good to have a tie in. I think when when you have a coach coming in. So he's the offensive coordinator of Oregon right now, will he be will he be on the sidelines when Oregon plays an itch ball game?
Speaker 2: That's all.
Speaker 4: That's a that's a question for people that make a lot more money than I do. Dan, I have no idea. May it may be a Lane Kiffin thing where they let him go, or if he's the offensive coordinator, let him coach one more game with Oregon and then come to Kentucky. Uh, that's that's up to That's up to the boys, and uh, that's up to the boys. In the Great Northwest.
Speaker 1: So now that Lane Kiffin is going to l s U, does he does he have to get on the recruiting trail or does he just start cutting checks to get some players in there? How does that happen?
Speaker 4: Well, tomorrow is one one. That one is the portal opens up, and then two the it's National Signing Day tomorrow, so starting tomorrow, So a lot of these kids have you know, some kids have deferred to uh possibly signing in a month, Like Matt Ponatowski of Moeler. He's he's going to sign I think next month. He's supposed to go to Kentucky play football there. Probably gonna end up playing baseball. But we'll see what happens. I don't know. Tomorrow's Tomorrow's the signing day and the portal open and oh you know what's going to break loose and a lot of cash is going to be dulled out.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be It's gonna be the dough, the ray and the mee.
Speaker 4: The green salad of South Tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Get it out there, all right, seg we gotta we got to get out of the stooge report. Would you do the honors? Please get in honor.
Speaker 4: Of the snowfall and Denise taking care of me here in Middletown. We leave you with the immortal words of the Stood Report.
Speaker 1: Thank you, short and sweet buddy Seg. We'll talk to you at a little after two thirty, how about that?
Speaker 4: See you later?
Speaker 1: All right, there you go live from Middletown. His policial estate in Middletown will one and only Steg Dennis on the Stooge reports, Dan carroll in for Bill Cunningham, seven hundred WLW back on the Big One, seven hundred WLW two eight Dan Carrolyn for Bill Cunningham. I had a guest scheduled for this hour, for this half hour, I should say, But the yeah, as you know, the there's snow movement across the country. Flights are delayed or canceled, and a flight that my guest was on wound up getting caught up in all that. So he's not able to be here. So the phone lines are open five to one to three, seven four nine seven thoig one. I was talking earlier about how the White House has put out a media website that has a media Hall of Shame, and they go through and they talk about the most regious stories of the week and debunk those and shut them down with the facts and the truth and things like that. And one of the things that came out, and I've been talking about this for a couple of weeks now because the left, the haters, the Democrat DNC talking points trying to spend this narrative that Trump is not fit for office, that he is falling asleep at meetings, that he is not attentive, the hours are being pushed back, and all these things are going on to signal that Trump is not up to the job. Well, the New York Post just put out a piece, an exclusive piece about how much time Trump is really spending working on behalf of the American people, And they write President Trump has been working twelve hour days this month, according to Oval Office logs the White House provided to the Post after the New New York Times claimed there were signs of fatigue in his less than detailed public schedule. The previously unpublished private narrative documents span ten weeks between November twelfth and November twenty fifth, the day the Time story was published, and shows the president worked roughly fifty hour weeks fifty hour weeks, not counting any official duties that may have been performed on weekends. The White House made the decision to share the logs to counter the narrative that Trump, who was seventy nine years old, is slowing with age, with the files instead showing him working longer hours than the average American as the overhauls trade in immigration policies, attempts to end the Russia Ukraine War spearheads, the most significant construction at the White House in decades. The files also do not list unsolicited cell phone calls that he is known to answer early in the morning and late into the night after his hours on social media posts. On Wednesday, November twelfth, the president Oval office aides log thirty two meetings and calls with subordinates, lawmakers, and businessmen on that day, On the day Congress voted to end the forty three day government shutdown, Trump started the day with a staff meeting at ten thirty in the Roosevelt Room before launching into back to back phone calls and meetings with officials, including Vice President J. D Vance Staff Secretary Will Sharf. He placed six calls to lawmakers, then to judicial nominees, and one to an architect. Trump ended the day at seven forty five pm dinner with Wall Street CEOs after a ten pm but still a bill signing event to end the government shutdown. I remember that day. I think I was on the air that night and I came in here and it's ten o'clock at night and Trump is in the White House in the Oval Office, surrounded by people signing this bill, taking questions from the media. Then after that he had a corporate executive meeting that started at ten forty pm. How many of you have gone to meetings that started ten forty at night. I've been to a few nighttime meetings in my life, but ten forty I don't think so. On Thursday, November thirteenth, Trump had seventeen meetings and calls over eight and a half hours, beginning with a ten thirty nine am sit down with the White House Chief of Staff Susie Wiles. Trump that met that morning with Secretary of State Mark Rubio before his intelligence briefing, then had a speed writer pre beef or pre beef pre brief, signed an executive order with First leading Milania. Trump, did some media interviews, spoke with the US Trade representative, and I mean, and the list goes on and on and on. So the White House got with the New York Post and put out Trump's private schedule, not the one that gets published daily. And I remember when Biden was in the White House, I would look at there were times when I would look at the public schedule because we're not privy to the private schedule all that much, and there would there were many days when there were zero activities on the on the public schedule. Doesn't mean he wasn't doing things privately, but on the public schedule there were no TV appearance, there's no press conference, there's no no events that were going to be covered by the media. A lot of days it was White House Press briefing at eleven am and that was it.
Speaker 3: That was it for the day.
Speaker 1: Doesn't mean that Biden was taking the entire day off, but for the New York Times to look at this public schedule and then write an entire piece about how Trump is showing his age and declining and not, maybe you know, suggesting that he's not up to the job. And this is why I spend so much time talking about media when I'm behind this microphone, because how many times do we hear about these journalistic ethics Now, these standards that they have to uphold, and that's why you see some of the reporting that you see. But when it comes to bashing Trump or making him look bad, that there's no ethics whatsoever, there are no standards to uphold. Anything that makes Trump look bad gets printed or gets reported. And when it comes to protecting those on the left, well that is another issue where you don't get the full story many times. And this story out of Minnesota is it just keeps getting worse and worse and worse. And you know, you look at this corruption and this fraud that's been going on in Minnesota, and you think, well, why should I care about that? Well, because it's over a billion dollars now, and that is American taxpayer. It's not just taxpayer money of people in Minnesota, it's taxpayer from all of us as many it's billions of dollars. And the Post did a great job of summarizing what's been going on in Minnesota, and scammers in Minnesota have ripped off of taxpayers to the tune of a billion dollars while the state's progressive leaders stood back and watched. Over the weekend, one hundreds of state social workers skeeered government governor Tim Walls not just for ignoring shady nonprofits and shameless milking in the state's generous welfare system, but also for punishing workers who raised alarms. An ex account claiming to speak for four hundred and eighty current Minnesota Department of Human Services employees posted that Tim Walls is one hundred percent responsible for massive fraud in Minnesota. We let Tim Walls know of fraud early on, yet he systemically or systematically I should say, retaliated against whistleblowers and did his best to discredit fraud reports. Dozens of frauds. There's almost all all Somali immigrants set up sham nonprofits build the state for services that they never actually delivered, and used the cash to fund lavish lifestyle. Some of the stolen funds wound up in the hands of an al Qaeda linked terrorist group. In Somalia, federal prosecutors have convicted at least fifty nine s camers so far, with dozens more facing charges. One so called charity called Feeding Our Future, and this is one of this is the first part of this that I learned about, was Feeding our Future, Feeding our Future faked feeding tens of thousands of hungry kids. Others pretended to help the autistic in the homeless, even as they bought luxury cars and traveled and bought real estate. And they say it was exactly as easy as taking candy from a baby because Walls administration didn't want to offend the state's sizable Somali voting block by acknowledging the theft. And they're saying the Walls administration melted at the first cry of races. Early on, the state Department of Education in Minnesota started question feeding Our Future's fishy invoices. The nonprofit threatened a lawsuit charging bigotry, and the question stopped. The progressive failure goes far deeper than the woke failure that Walls and his team put ideology above all, including sound fiscal management and other basics of good government, and the Somali block was hardly the only vested interest they favored over the public good. Walls may be a weakling, but the state's elites stood with him. So progressivism now means letting left scammers and special interests take the state to the cleaners. And that's the New York Post. I think doing a pretty good job of summarizing what was going on. But this was a multifaceted scam. You had the food bank, they said they were treating children. You had the other concerns that were working on home loans for individuals, getting housing for individuals. And then you had another concern that was dealing with autistic children. And you had all these people claiming that their children were autistic and they were in on the scam too, going from clinic to clinic to clinic, and these clinics were raking in hundreds of millions of dollars to service these children who didn't need it, and they simply took the money for themselves. And it's and and and the vast majority of that money came from the American taxpayer. So if you if you don't think that this story out of Minnesota is that big of a deal, well it is because it got in your pocket as well. So you've got food stamps, then it'll been going out and that the investigations continue to be done on what was going on with food stamps. Now it turns out that you've got thousands of liquor stores, uh smoke shops that are approved for these EBT cards. And again this is this is the the kind of low hanging fruit that needs to be stopped, and a lot of this is because of what Doge was doing. I haven't heard a lot from Doge lately, but these kind of this is the kind of spending that needs to be stopped. And it's not as if it's going to make a huge difference in the overall budget picture, but it's a mindset that we have to get serious about shutting this kind of stuff down. And the people who are perpetrating these crimes, well, they need to be brought to account. They need to be brought to justice, and sooner or later we're going to need to see some people be purpet walked over this and people being held accountable. I was just here in the Trump staff meeting, or not the staff meeting, but the cabinet meeting that was going on at the White House just wrapped up a little while ago. I walked in and that meeting started just a little bit after twelve o'clock and it went to damn near two o'clock, so about two hours. And the media was there for every bit of it, listening to all the different cabinet members speak, asking questions, Trump taking questions, Marco Rubio taking questions, Pete Heggs sat taking questions, Christy Noam taking questions. It is it is just an amazing thing to behold to see all these members of the Trump cabinet taking all these questions in the media. How often did that happen under previous administrations? And it's all there on TV for everyone to see. Sean Duffy's announcing that he's going to crack down on thousands of truck driving schools, says they've got a thirty day time period to clean up and comply with Trump administration rules for truck drivers. In a press release, the Department of Transportation revealed that roughly three thousand commercial driver's licenses CDLs were not supposed to not supposed to be given out. They say, the administration is cracking down on every link in the illegal trucking chain. Under Joe Biden, people to judge bad actors were able to gain the system let unqualified drivers flood our roadways. And of course we know that people are paying with their lives because you've got people out there who do not speak English driving big ricks. There was another one recently where and a driver from India recently had a wreck, jackknife distract a trailer on an Oregon highway, Oregon, and this person should not have been driving, fraudulently obtained a CDL. And now you've got a couple of innocent Americans who are dead, according to Oregon State Police. And we've seen this in Florida, now we see it in Oregon, We've seen it in California, see it all over the place. So this administration is doing things. Thirty different trucking schools have thirty or thousands of different trucking schools, I should say, have thirty days to comply with federal rules or they're going to be forced to shut down. And Duffy says, the wild the days of the wild wild West in the trucking industry are coming to an end. And we can only hope because we think about when you're driving out there, how many trucks do you pass up? When you're on the highway. You got trucks coming and going all hours of the day and night. You pass up a arrest area. It is absolutely filled with truckers out there, and there's a good chance and a number of them are illegal and do not speak English and do not read the English language. It is absolutely one of the most dangerous situations you can imagine. We got to get to a break. Sack Dennison coming up with the Stude's report. On the other side of news, Dan Carroll for Bill Cunningham seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: David Watson's been monitoring traffic, but first we go to Ryan Marshall, who's out monitoring a snowfall.
Speaker 1: Ryan, what's it look like out there?
Speaker 8: Yeah, it looks like snow, just like I predicted in my forecast from the studio. I'm not sure why I'm out here literally looking around. It looks like snow. You could just take a video of its snowing and show that. Why do I have to be here to describe snowfall? It's pretty self explanatory.
Speaker 7: Seems like the gold has gotten you in an icy mood yourself.
Speaker 4: Ryan, Okay, you know what.
Speaker 1: Shannon, I am in an icy mood. Okay, nice pun. By the way, all.
Speaker 8: Right, I was just standing out here for twenty minutes waiting for you guys to throw to me, and I was just, oh, doing some thinking. I spent one hundred and twenty thousand dollars on a degree and four years in college to come out here and look around and describe what I see. I literally learned that in kindergarten.
Speaker 4: I spy.
Speaker 8: It makes zero sense. Also, you know what else I was thinking while we're at it. When it's like a nice day or sunny, you never send me out to the lake or to the pool for a live shot. But oh, when there's a hurricane or snowing, or a blizzard or a flood, send me out there.
Speaker 1: I'll cover it perfect.
Speaker 7: I guess you have a point there, Ryan.
Speaker 3: We're looking at these reports.
Speaker 4: And the forecast.
Speaker 8: Does it look good?
Speaker 3: People are worried? Have you spoken to any locals?
Speaker 1: Look around?
Speaker 8: Does there look like there's any locals out here? Everything is closed, everyone is inside. The only reason I'm outside is to tell people not to come outside. What am I doing with my life?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 7: You sure are brave, Ryan.
Speaker 1: Any word on what we can expect overnight? Uh?
Speaker 8: Yeah, more of this, actually twelve to eighteen inches more of this.
Speaker 1: But don't worry, guys.
Speaker 8: I'm fine. Don't worry about me. I got this sleeveless vest that you guys make me wear. My literal fingers are about to freeze off. I got frost bite.
Speaker 1: But oh, it's fine. Because we got the logo in the shot.
Speaker 3: Great, Hello, quiet, and I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 1: Guy, so Sag Dennison. That's what it would sound like if meteorologists and reporters said what they really thought when they were standing there in the snow by the side of the road telling people that it was snowing outside. That would sound a lot like that. What am I doing with my life?
Speaker 4: Real, real deep team player? There? Dan Wow, that Washington or something.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know where that's from, but it's pretty funny. It's been out there for a little while, but it's it's still pretty funny. Here's a guy. Wait, why am I standing out here telling people that it's snowing when it's nice out. You don't send me to the pool or the lake. I gotta stand here when it's snowing telling people that it's snowing. That's hilarious.
Speaker 4: And the stooge reporters of Proud Service, every local temp Star eating their conditioning dealers TENNH star Quality in southeastern Indiana called Joe x Stein at x Steign he didn't the cooling eight one, two, nine, three to two twenty twenty six, but you need those today. College basketball to night. Now you got the tar Heels and the Wildcats eight o'clock in fifteen thirty Indiana University, East States on, the Miami RedHawks, East Tennessee State, and Dayton the number one per due against Rutgers. Now we got a college football update. As far as tomorrow's signing day, come on, Moeler. Four star quarterback Matt Potatowski plans to time with Kentucky tomorrow. He wasn't going to wait until February, but moved it up because they hired Will Stein, the offensive coordinator from Oregon, is the new Wildcat coach. Also, Middletown three star defensive back Jordan Van has splitited his commitment from Michigan State to the Louisville Cardinals after the Spartans fired their head coach yesterday.
Speaker 1: So they got so the money, the money is right, and they're making the moves.
Speaker 4: You sink that correct, RESU theyvie. Due to the unique timing of Redsfest that is said for January sixteenth to seventeen, twenty twenty six, at the newly renovated Cincinnati Convention Center, the Red Caravan will not take plate this offseason, but will return in future years. Well, he's the caravan. Usually well they usually had the Reds Fest coming up this weekend, but they they're going to run it the first it's going to be the first event at the new Convention Center in January. And in mid January they were going to take off of the caravan. They can't do it. They can't do both the way it goes.
Speaker 3: That's all right.
Speaker 4: Soccer. Former Mount Notre Dame Star Rose Level of the NWSL champion Gotham FC has been nominated for the US Soccer Female Player of the Year.
Speaker 1: How about that?
Speaker 4: How about that?
Speaker 3: And then you got a.
Speaker 4: Bengals update here, brought to you by Good Spirit, Wine and Tobacco and Party Town thirteen eight locations in Cincinnati. Bengals back at practice tomorrow, getting ready for those Buffalo Bills on the road Sunday.
Speaker 1: And beautiful Buffalo, Beautiful Buffalo. What's the weather going to be in Buffalo on Sunday?
Speaker 4: And I'm probably ninety five feet of snow and still snowing.
Speaker 1: That's how That's how football, that's how football was meant to be played.
Speaker 4: Well, that's true, you're right, So that's you know, hopefully it's a nice day on. I'm sure they'll have some cold weather up there, but the boys hopefully will make it two in a row and see what happens.
Speaker 1: And then we got the Crosstown Shootout coming up on Friday nights brought.
Speaker 4: Out shoot out. Then that's the skyline chilly crossed out shoot out up to he brought to you, brought you in part by Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by TOAs Sheldon. Yes, the UC Bearcats and the Xavier Musketeers go out it to the Simpot Center Friday night. The action here on seven hundred WLW with a Bearcats version and the Muskies version will be on fifty five a RT with the Joe and Byron.
Speaker 1: What was the name of that team that you see played last night? Tarkington like fran Tarkington University, Carleton State, Well Tarlton Harlington.
Speaker 4: Carlton State. They they're the Texans.
Speaker 2: They were.
Speaker 4: They are coached by former UK basketball coach Billy Gillespie, who is famous for out running Alan Cuttler from the from outside rough erena to the basketball office years ago. That made Alan Cutler a internet superstar.
Speaker 1: Didn't Cutler say I could do this all day? But he was chasing that guy down.
Speaker 4: Lesson got to the door first and locked it and that I could do this all he said, I could do this all. I could do this all day.
Speaker 1: That's an absolute classic. So where where is where is Tartleton is? Is that is that in Texas? I guess because they're called the Texas.
Speaker 4: It's like right outside of Fort Worth, right outside of Fort Worth, some city in Texas.
Speaker 1: Well, thank god.
Speaker 4: They Tarlton probably got a big check.
Speaker 1: That's all right and alone, Hey what we know what you do as a the Stephenville, Texas, says the broadcast ariff. So I've never I've ever been there. I couldn't pick it out on that, but say, there's a there's a big election going on in Tennessee today for the seventh Bresson District and the Democrat, the Democrat who is running his name Afton Ben and she has said things like that she hates Nashville. Nashville is represented in her district. She says she hates Nashville. She hates the city. She hates the bachelorette parties, she hates the pedal taverns, she hates country music, she hates all the things that make Nashville Nashville. Now, I don't know about you, but that would it's you know, when you're when you're running to represent a particular city and you say, although you hate all those things about that city, if if you do a newscast about that person, wouldn't it be appropriate to mention those things that she has that she has said those things.
Speaker 4: I would say so Dan and one uh, I would think if she sends that, if she would be sent out of the country and to whoever votes for it goes with her, because if you're banded in Nashville, that's in Nashville and country music, those are fight the word.
Speaker 1: She hates everything about the city that makes it the city and CBS did a report on her this morning, two minutes and twenty five seconds long. They didn't mention one word about any of the things that she has said about hating Nashville. Not one word about the bachelorette parties, not a word about the pedal taverns, not a word about country music, not a word about any of She also has said that she needs to defund the police and that you know, we need to have yeah, we need to have these these social workers go out instead of the police. And she hates Nashville, wants to defund the police. And then she said Tennessee is as racist as the heir that we breathe. And this is the person who wants to represent the seventh Strict in Tennessee and there's a good chance today said that she's gonna win.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's uh, well, you know what, Dan, it's the world today. Man. That's probably not surprising to some, but to me, it is when you run down when you run down Nashville, country music and everything else not a good thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but she says, you know, those remarks were she made those remarks when she was a private citizen, and now that she's running for office, maybe she doesn't feel that way anymore. But yet she hasn't come out and said I disavowed those remarks.
Speaker 4: Oh, I say, okay, okay, Well, and then you know, then I guess you, I don't know. Unbelievable, Andy Mack.
Speaker 1: When when these people go to the boat, what are these people say?
Speaker 4: Right, that's the world today, Dan, And that's that's the world today. People say this stuff and everything else and then once they once they get to you know, try to be elect did all well, I was saying that is a private citizen, not now like well, I mean you said it, so I don't know. Hopefully she didn't get any votes, but like you said, is he going to get voted in?
Speaker 1: I don't know what's going to happen. We'll see, we'll see what happens. She's she's getting all kinds of media coverage, but the media won't say that that she said things like that. So the people at Tennessee they've got to they've got to pay attention as to as to what's going on. So, Seg, you decided not to drive in today. You and you do this every time it snows, which is perfectly fine because when it snows, we know that Seg Dennison is not going to test his driving skills against mother nature. So what words of wisdom? What words of wisdom do you have for others who might follow your example, which I think is a great example.
Speaker 4: Stay home and stay safe to save IM sure your insurance rates and car repairs and everything else.
Speaker 1: Don't wreck your car just because it's snowing out there. Now, if we don't get if we don't get any more snow overnight between now and tomorrow morning, will you be here tomorrow morning with Tom Brenneman.
Speaker 4: Correct, we'll be here.
Speaker 1: Seg you, we will be there. You are the absolute best. So if you would please, if you would please, I appreciate you coming in by the phone. I appreciate you doing the stooge reports, And if you would please, would you get us out of the stege.
Speaker 4: Report, Dan Dan in honor of a snowy day here in the Tri State, and everybody stay safe out there on the way home. We leave you with the immortal words of the Stuge report.
Speaker 1: Your cow tip and the snow.
Speaker 8: They can follow your footprints, those cows in Mississippi.
Speaker 1: That's smart. The farmers can. They can follow your footsteps all the way back to the crib.
Speaker 6: How often?
Speaker 1: How often did it snow in Mississippi for the cowboy to be out there cowtipping?
Speaker 4: Hey, you know what, whatever the cowboy wants to do or tell a story, that's fine with me.
Speaker 1: No one, no one tells a story like the cowboy, and stories like that, stories like that will sorely be missed. With no Red's caravan, no Red's caravan happening this year, it's going to be an apse. But maybe you can get cowboy to tell some stories at RedFest, so that'd be good too.
Speaker 4: There you go, There you go.
Speaker 1: Dan, you have a great night and be careful out there if you come into the station tomorrow. And Bill Dennison, you're the absolute best. And with that it is time for me to go. Eddie and Rocky are up next. Dan Carrolyn for Bill Cunningham, thanks for listening. Dave the broadcast Sheriff, thank you for everything and we'll see you next time on the Home of the Rets seven hundred WLW