Speaker 1: Great dishes together. J T M M s a Design, the Legion's leader in sports education and civic design and the official architect of the Reds Tom's watch bar. All the Sports, all the Time. Bet MGM Now, you're betting with the King of sports books. Tell the bet MGM app today, Please gamble responsively. The Reds Hot Stove League is also brought to you by.
Speaker 2: The Reds Around the Radio.
Speaker 3: Now the Hot Stove Lee Reds Fans.
Speaker 4: Now is the time to get your twenty twenty six season tickets. Red Season ticket members get to sit in the same seat for every game with their friends and family. Choose a plan that fits your schedule, and enjoy ultimate flexibility with our exchange program.
Speaker 3: Can't make a game, swap it for another.
Speaker 4: Plus Season ticket members have guaranteed access to twenty twenty six opening day Visit Reds dot Com slash membership to catch all the Reds action at Great American ball Park next season.
Speaker 5: It's a family owned company and a tough workplace in the region. Jtmfood Group has been pioneering kettlecrafted culinary solutions for years, from tantalizing dips to mouthwatering sauces and more. We lead the pack and delivering high quality, on trend items to the entire food service industry. But it's not just about the food. It's about our commitment to doing things the gtmway with passion, integrity, and a dedication to God and his people.
Speaker 6: Taste the difference today and.
Speaker 5: Learn more at Jtmfoodgroup dot com. Let's create great dishes together.
Speaker 7: For help with your life insurance, retirement and investment needs, Western and Southern is somewhere you want to be. With one of the strongest life insurance groups in the world, you can feel confident about protecting your loved ones with whole term and universal life insurance solutions. Western and Southern is also here to help plan your future retirement with investing strategies that may help grow your wealth to there is it Westernsouthern dot com slash rest assured if they did start, I have.
Speaker 3: A small leverte of long line.
Speaker 8: Tree on your roof. Fire damage or flooded basement. Water and storm damage happens fast this time of year. For over forty three years, Hazen Suns has been restoring water damage in Ohio and Kentucky homes and businesses. They'll help you navigate your insurance claim and get your life back on track. So when property damage strikes, tell your insurance agent you on Hazen Suns for your restoration work. For more information, please visit hazinsuns dot com.
Speaker 9: Sega Claus All I want for Christmas is a warm, cozy home this winter with the lower heating bills.
Speaker 10: Sega Class can help you there, but Schmid Heating and Cooling can call Schmid Heating and Cooling for a furnace. Tune up and learn more about how Temstar technology can deliver the energy efficient quality comfort you deserve.
Speaker 3: Did they come with eight Reindeer, No.
Speaker 10: They come in a van Calll Schmid Heating and Cooling At five three one sixty nine hundred Schmid Heating and cool again Tempstar quality.
Speaker 11: You can feel Toyota thun is on and there's no better way to get in the spirit of the season than with a new Toyota like the family size Highlander and the bigger, more powerful Grand Islander. Now through January fifth, you can get four point seventy five APR financing on any remaining new twenty five Highlander or Grand Islander, including hybrid models with a proof credit through TFS Plus. You get Toyota Care two years no cost maintenance. For complete details, go to Toyota dot com Toyota Let's Go Places.
Speaker 12: Roberts Truck Sales has pre owned fleet maintained vehicles including sleeper, box and yard trucks, plus single and tandem day cabs and forklifts.
Speaker 3: For purchase.
Speaker 12: View our inventory at Roberts Truck Sales dot com and use the map feature to find a location near you.
Speaker 13: Holiday traditions live at Cincinnati Museum Center. Experience the wind to Wonderland of Holiday Junction featuring the Duke Energy Holiday Trains, a Cincinnati tradition now and it's seventy nine season. Plus give the gift to Discovery with twenty percent off memberships.
Speaker 3: All season long.
Speaker 13: Cincinnati Museum Center your home for holiday memories.
Speaker 6: Now through the end of the year.
Speaker 14: A door window is offering no money down and zero percent interest for two years, plus another five percent off your total order when you combine and save on doors, windows and aunings.
Speaker 15: Find out more at adoor sales dot com, where we sell the best and service the rest.
Speaker 3: Say ahead and the game.
Speaker 9: With on core technologies from secure data management to cutting edge IT solutions, we keep your business running smoothly. Visit OnCore dot tech for more on Core Technologies, it partner in a data driven world.
Speaker 16: And welcome into the Budweiser red Coat stovely here on the Reds Radio Network. A Merry Christmas Eve to everyone out there. Happy holidays. I hope everyone is safe and being very merry and spending time with friends and family.
Speaker 6: I'm Jim Dave.
Speaker 16: We've got a good show coming up over the next hour and just a moment, we're going to talk to red super prospect Big sal Stuart. Later on we're going to talk to one of the newest Reds. It's left handed pitcher Caleb Ferguson.
Speaker 6: That all coming up.
Speaker 16: New pleasure to be co hosting this week with a guy that's contributed to this show many times. You can catch his work on Reds dot com, MLB dot com. He is Mark Sheldon.
Speaker 6: Mark. How's the offseason treating you?
Speaker 17: The off season's going fast. It's already hard to believe. We're well past a halfway point and spring training is right around the corner. But all was well.
Speaker 6: Happy holidays, absolutely all right.
Speaker 16: Without further ado, let's bringing man, I'm assuming we're going to South Florida because that's where he resides. He is sou Stuart Sow. How's the off season treating you?
Speaker 18: Everything's going good.
Speaker 19: I'm super happy to be around my family and friends, and Christ's is around the corner now, so I'm super super excited, and uh, yeah, everything's going great.
Speaker 6: That is awesome. You had you got a taste.
Speaker 16: You came up and got a big taste, even the taste of the playoffs.
Speaker 6: Broad question to start for you? What did you learn?
Speaker 19: Honestly, I just learned kind of like the everyday life in regards to uh in the big leagues.
Speaker 18: Obviously the minor league.
Speaker 19: The big leagues is different, not only from a playing aspect, but also just the kind of weekly basis. I mean, kind of when you're in the minor league, you play Tuesday through Sunday, you're in one area for a lot a more extended period of time, and then when you get to the big leagues, now you're kind of in three three three days in three out, three days and three outs. So I kind of just learned like the everyday life of a big leaguer and experienced it for myself. Obviously, I have great mentors that have guided me but you never really known to you experience it yourself. So it was a great learning lesson for me. And obviously playing in the playoffs that's what we all want. We all want to be in the playoffs, and not only be in the playoffs, but we want to go win it all. So it was it was a great experience for sure, and definitely learning lessons and another tool I can put in my tool bag.
Speaker 18: So I was super excited and learned a lot.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 17: So one of the lessons you did learn in the big leagues, and you learned it on the fly, was was playing first base. I understand that that's obviously the focus of your off season work and and Freddie Benavitez was scheduled to pay you a visit recently. How how was working at first base and how did you take to the position learning it as you did in in live games in the big leagues.
Speaker 18: Yeah, it was definitely a new a new experience for me.
Speaker 19: Like like you said, in the minor leagues, I never I never played for I think I played like one game maybe, or one or two games. I don't really remember exactly, but it's like I told him, when you get to the big leagues. I mean, I was there to help the team, so they asked me to go play first, and obviously it's kind of tough learning on the fly.
Speaker 18: I mean, it's just a whole different angle from third.
Speaker 19: But I did sprinkle in a little bit of second so that angle wasn't too difficult.
Speaker 18: But at the end of the day, we.
Speaker 19: Got paid a lot of money to figure it out and that was my job. And honestly, like the last game where I kind of made I made that mistake, it just let the bad taste in my mouth. So I really wanted to get after this offseason and make sure I could up my game and get it to the part that it needs to be. So obviously it was tough, but that's no excuse, and that's why I came into the off season ready to work.
Speaker 18: And I'm grateful, super grateful for Freddie.
Speaker 19: Freddy came down to help with me and Yander, one of my he's like an uncle to me. Uh he's been We've been working almost every day together, So I have a lot of good people surrounding me helping me, and I'm super excited for this next year to show show all my hard work paying off.
Speaker 16: Sure you're referring to former red Yonder Alonso. You can now catch on email, but you network on know big mentor for you, As you said, you've posted some videos of you working out. Looks like you're pretty intense and perhaps maybe even changing the body a little bit. Everyone has an exit interview with the team in which they try to tell you what they're expecting from you in the offseason and going forward. Did any of that meeting have to do with perhaps your conditioning and what are you working on right now in that regard?
Speaker 19: Yeah, Honestly, in the in the exit meetings, it was kind of all super abrupt. We kind of like took off right like right after, like everyone kind of dispersed. The season just ends fast. You got people going all over the place. So we ended up sit back. I had a I called Tito. We had a super long talk together. He just what he expects out of me, and we're gonna be in this together. I mean, he knows, he knows, and he expects a lot of good things from me. So we talked about it. But honestly, it came for me. It came for myself. Like I'm sure the team expected things, but I'm someone that. I mean, like, this is my job, this one I want to I want to do this for for forever and ever. I want people to remember my name for for years to come. So I had to. I had to look myself in the mirror. I had to, I had to say what I needed to get better in and I felt like losing some weight could not only help me, but allowed me to go play first and even second. So to Actually, today i weighed in, I'm down twenty six pounds from when I left off.
Speaker 6: Season, breaking news. So yeah, yeah, that's great already.
Speaker 17: Yeah, but we can skip the spring training best shape of your life question because you were Yeah.
Speaker 19: So I really needed to make adjustments in my life, which I did, and I feel like it's going to better myself. Uh So, what my goal was to really get down, really really low.
Speaker 18: Kind of it was? Yeah, I'll say it's as someone in the ballpark of twenty five obvious bounces up and down.
Speaker 19: But I'm right around there. I feel really, really really good. I feel lighter, I feel more agile. So I'm super proud of where I've gotten so far. But the job's not done. I want to continue to get better, bettering my body and like I said, I want to be a superstar in this game, and you don't have to talk about it, you have to be about it. So I'm super happy right now with where I'm at, and I'm looking forward to get into spring training.
Speaker 17: You know, as you're waiting for spring training and doing your workouts, certainly the team is still working on its roster and making choices, and you know they haven't signed another offensive hit or does it affect you at all if they sign a guy that might play the position you're playing? Is that something that is in your head? And how do you prepare yourself not necessarily knowing exactly where you might fit on the roster.
Speaker 19: Yeah, I mean, honestly, I leave that up to Nick and everyone who makes those decisions.
Speaker 18: That's that's not my job.
Speaker 19: My job's to prepare my body the best way I can and give myself the best chance to go out there and perform like I know I can.
Speaker 18: So obviously I know what I'm capable of.
Speaker 19: I know that there's been like there's awesome, great bads, great players out there, But at the end of the day, I know what I can do, and I want the chance to go out there and do it. So whether they do, go get somebody or they don't. Honestly, like like the same thing, we keep Brian. A lot of people kept asking me all this a bunch of questions, like keep Brian's one of my favorite teammates. That doesn't change anything. All I have to do is show show the team I'm available whenever in any capacity they need me. So that doesn't change a single thing. I'm just gonna go out there, keep playing hard and giving.
Speaker 18: Myself the best chance to go out there and play the best of my ability.
Speaker 16: You're known as a pure hitter. What was the jump from the minor leagues, particularly trip away to the big leagues like and the taste that you got, particularly specifically in the bad box, What did you learn that you're going to take it the next season?
Speaker 19: Honestly, I just learned, like I need to stick to who I am as a hitter.
Speaker 18: It showed that when I got up there.
Speaker 19: Obviously it was a small sample size, and I've done nothing in this game. I've done absolutely nothing. But I think it showed myself that whatever I do and whatever I'm capable of doing is enough. I don't need to go look for more. I don't need to try to do more what I who I am as a player is enough. And that was a big thing for me, honestly, because every time you get you go up to the biggest you want to prove like, hey, I am who they say I am, or I am who I think I am.
Speaker 18: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 19: So it kind of just taught me like, hey, you're like who you are as a players enough, go out there and be who you are.
Speaker 18: And that's a big thing for me. So it was great. It was a great little learning experience for me, and it was a.
Speaker 19: Great kind of a great push into the offseason to now go get ready and come back ready to go.
Speaker 18: So it was a great It was really really great.
Speaker 19: But it just showed me that who I am as a player enough at the big league level.
Speaker 18: Now just need to go do it for an extended period of time.
Speaker 17: I'll ask you one kind of quick, silly question before going to the break. You obviously when you debuted you were number forty three. Have you decided on a new number or are you gonna stick with that number in your in your next full big league season?
Speaker 18: No, I ended up switching my number. I'm number twenty seven.
Speaker 17: What made you come up with that number? Was that your choice or is that what they gave you?
Speaker 18: Well, my my regular number is number thirteen.
Speaker 19: I mean, obviously, you guys know, it holds a lot of weight in my life and it's someone I looked up to in the game of baseball. Obviously thirteen tired, but a really really good player, So I didn't really I had to choose from what I from the options I had, and I mean, I just like twenty seven, twenty seven.
Speaker 18: There's a lot of good players for number twenty seven.
Speaker 19: Scott Rowland another great player, So I just felt like it was a great number.
Speaker 18: And yeah, not really too much I went into it.
Speaker 16: Hey, for those that don't know, we know. But for those that don't know, why is thirteen so specialty?
Speaker 19: All because of my relationship with Manny. I mean, I've we we're like best friends. We talk every single day, and to see what he's done in his career, I've always I always wanted to work thirteen to on the baseball field.
Speaker 18: So yeah, I obviously that's the number I wanted.
Speaker 19: But a great player hasn't retired, so had to make an audible.
Speaker 16: Yes you did, all right, Sam, We've got more to talk to you about, including I think you took a trip to Spain to take in some soccer. You went into enemy Terry Torri with the you and we'll talk about that more when we come back with Sal Stewart. This is the Budweiser Reds hont Stove League here on the Reds Radio Network. Welcome back to the Budwiser Red Hot Stove League here on the Reds Radio Network with Mark Sheldon.
Speaker 6: I'm Jim Day.
Speaker 16: We continue our conversation with Sal Stewart and a sound You've went, I guess went overseas during the off season. Here you went to Spain. How was it? And I think I saw you a post of you were at a soccer match.
Speaker 6: Tell us about it.
Speaker 19: Yeah, honestly, like when I get to the off season, it's kind of funny, like it's hard, it's hard to contact me because I just like.
Speaker 18: To be with my family and friends.
Speaker 19: So we took a trip out there to Spain, and I mean, honestly, it was great, just a nice getaway with my family. I mean, like, obviously I'm an athlete, but I'm a I'm a person.
Speaker 18: Tell my son, I'm a brother.
Speaker 19: So it was great to go out there with my family and just go experience like a different culture.
Speaker 18: And it was.
Speaker 19: Honestly, it was amazing. The soccer game was awesome. It turned me into a huge soccer fan now. So honestly, it was a great, great trip and it was awesome just to spend time with my family.
Speaker 17: Then close to home, I saw you were on the field for a Dolphins home game as well. I'm sure that's your favorite team. Was that your first time on the field.
Speaker 19: Yes, that was my first time on the field and it was It was pretty awesome. Honestly, it was a good time. So yeah, I was able to go with my dad and experience that.
Speaker 18: With him, so it was a great time for sure.
Speaker 16: Were you at Texas A and M for the U In Texas A and M, I thought I saw a post that said I'm in enemy territory.
Speaker 18: Yeah, it was kind of spare of the moment.
Speaker 19: I trained Monday through Friday, so I was I wasn't sure if I was gonna be able to make it out and spare of the moment. I texted my dad like, hey, let's go, and he's like, all right, let's go. So we left Saturday morning and flew back Saturday night.
Speaker 6: So how was it? It was good?
Speaker 19: Oh, it was honestly, like the people in the atmosphere in College Station, like, even though we were cheering for Miami, was something I've never seen before. That people were great and that atmosphere was like none other. So honestly, it was a great, great, great time.
Speaker 17: Will you be getting back to Texas again in a short speriod about a week from now for against the Ohio State University at the Cotton Bowl.
Speaker 18: No, I think I think this. I'm just gonna stay back home and watch some and watch it on TV. I don't think I'm going to make that trip again.
Speaker 16: Full disclosure, I am drinking from an Ohio state YETI right now?
Speaker 19: Oh so, so where we're rivals, so, I mean I'm an enemy territory as we speak.
Speaker 6: I think we're in Yeah, you know, I was.
Speaker 16: I was born I was born in Columbus, So don't hold it against me, just like you're you know, you're a Miami guy, So don't hold it against me.
Speaker 17: But uh fair, and don't hold it against Caleb Ferguson. Our next guest is from Columbus. Yeah, yeah, careful in the clubhouse.
Speaker 18: Yeah, well, well you you let him know wehe're coming.
Speaker 6: Uh, it should be a good one looking forward to it.
Speaker 16: Hey, when you look forward to uh this season, this nucleus that's together. What was the clubhouse like and what are your I know you guys talk.
Speaker 6: Amongst yourselves and in et cetera.
Speaker 16: What are the expectations for you guys coming up within the clubhouse?
Speaker 19: Yeah, like I said before, like just the guys that we have in the clubhouse are great. I mean, I'm sure you guys have heard about it already, but we're super close, like we stay in contact. And honestly coming from like a young guy and I was young, but they accepted me. They were they really they put their arm around me and tried to guide me in every way they could.
Speaker 18: So we know what we can do. I mean, honestly, like we felt like the two games over there.
Speaker 19: In l A, we kind of like like we lost too, but we were we were in both games. We appayed pressure to the World champions. We were, we were in both games. So we feel like like we just got to connect. We gotta we gotta stay together, and honestly, we have we have high expectations for ourselves. We know what we can do, and we're super excited to go prove that. So we've added some great additions. I'm super happy for Gon's back. He's he's the man, He's awesome, So I'm super excited. I mean, I think I think people like people think last year was a fluke, and there was no flud, Like, we know what we can do and now we just have to go out there and prove it.
Speaker 17: Whether it was Pegan or Jose Travino. You know, we as writers and Jim as well, probably on television talk a lot about clubhouse leadership. Can you, as a young player kind of articulate what it was like to hear the voices in the clubhouse, whether it was Pegan or Brent Suter, Trevino, et cetera, and how they kind of help you and help other players be the best they can be.
Speaker 19: Yeah, I mean, I don't even want to start naming names because then I'm gonna miss people that have been great, because it literally was full roster was great. The way they carried themselves, the way showing up to the locker room was awesome.
Speaker 18: It was a fun time. It was exciting going to the locker room.
Speaker 19: So but honestly, man Suitor Martinez like Pegan literally I can go on Treviy Steve O like I can literally go on and on and on. So we had a we have a great group, and I'm super happy and especially for me, like they really took care of me.
Speaker 18: And that's something that sounds like a.
Speaker 19: Little weird, but like when you're a young guy going into clubs, it's tough, you know, and they opened me, they welcome me with open arms, and it was an easy, easy transition.
Speaker 18: So I'm super super happy about that.
Speaker 16: Along those lines, your managers is Terry Francona, and I know, uh, you know, it's not always roses with him. He can be tough on guys and tough on young guys trying to teach them the right way. What was it like initially and what are you your thoughts of your skipper going forward?
Speaker 19: Well, I mean he's he's a Hall of Fame skipper for a reason. So like you said, like he's he's he's a hard. He's a hard in regards to play style and how to carry like how to carry yourself. He's hard on you. But that's that's what I expect and that's what I want. We we built a relationship, and he's gone out of his way to build that relationship with me, and I feel like our relationship just continues to grow. So I really wouldn't want it any other way. He expects greatness, and I expect greatness out of myself. So if you're if you're getting sad or mad that that your Skip's are on you, then you kind of have to look yourself in the mirror because he's doing it because he wants to doing it, because he cares for us as players, and that's something that you can't say for Gannon. So I'm super happy he's my skipper and I'm going to do my best to make sure I reciprocate the same kick to him.
Speaker 18: And I'm playing hard.
Speaker 4: Just awake you know, Reds fans, The Reds Pick six Plan, presented by Penn Station, is on sale now.
Speaker 3: Each Pick six Plan comes with an.
Speaker 4: Exclusive La de La Cruise bobblehead featuring the Reds all start doing his signature dab down the third base line after hitting a homer.
Speaker 3: Plus, you'll save on your.
Speaker 4: Choice of any six Reds home games to attend during the twenty twenty six season. Lock in your tickets for the biggest matchups and additional Bobblehead dates next season. Get your pick six plan now at Reds dot com.
Speaker 20: Slash tickets, Great American Ballpark and Great American Mustard. Some things just belong together. Family owned in Ohio, maid Wilber's Mustard has been a Reds gained a favorite since nineteen oh five. If you're at the ballpark, we're watching from home. Top off your hot dogs, burger or bronch with Wolver's Mustard.
Speaker 3: Hi, this is Marty Brenneman.
Speaker 9: Protect your business with cybersecurity solutions from OnCore Technologies. We're not just it. We keep your data safe, just like we backed the Cincinnati Reds. Visit OnCore dot Tech to stay secure.
Speaker 21: City Dash, the official courier of the Cincinnati Reds, is the leader for same day regional courier and freight services desk todesk doc to DOC or city to city.
Speaker 6: City Dash is your delivery solution.
Speaker 3: News, traffic and weather.
Speaker 1: News Radio seven hundred WLW Cincinnati.
Speaker 22: Hey did the crash ahead of Christmas with the six point thirty report. I'm Shaan Gabliger breaking now Hey crash late this morning in Sycamore Township near Keimwick Town Center, leaving one person dead and another critically injured. The Hamilton County Sheriff's Office call down around eleven o'clock this morning to the intersection of Montgomery and Galberth Roads. They say a twenty eight year old identified as Connor Walkley was driving into high iry to speed on Montgomery when he clipped another vehicle on Galbrith and went off the road and hit a curb, sending his sedan airborne as he struck several trees in two utility poles. He and a passenger had to be extricated from the vehicle as Walkley died from his injuries, while the passenger was taken to UC Medical Center. Now the latest traffic and weather together right now, an exit ramp closed due to what accidents seventy five southbound off to westbound I seventy four. The right lane of the highway is also blocked by the ramp. Disabled vehicle on the entrance ramp seventy one seventy five south on ramp from Donaldson Road. Disabled vehicle has a left plane blocked. Columbia Parkway going east to Kemper lane. Disabled vehicle on the exit ramp seventy five south off to Western Hills Viaduct.
Speaker 1: Now the late's forecast from a train heating and cooling weather center on news radio seven hundred wl W.
Speaker 22: We'll see showers moving late tonight, the low down to forty six for your Christmas Day, Claudie, with a chance of showers the high in year sixty then rain aenndy by early afternoon Friday. Otherwise we'll see claudy sky's temperature stay mind held a high of sixty four and right now we see a fair sky and our current temperature is forty six degrees. Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow named the AFC Offensive Player of the Week for Week sixteen, following a forty five twenty one of the Dolphins where he threw four touchdown passes. Beangals set to host the Cardinals this Sunday at one o'clock on seven hundred WLW. Final numbers on Wall Street today at the DOW two hundred eighty nine points, NASAC rising fifty one, the SMP of twenty two points.
Speaker 6: Our next update is at seven o'clock.
Speaker 11: I'm Sean Toyota thonas On and there's no better way to get in the spirit of the season than with a new Toyota like the best selling Toyota Camry now through January fifth, get four points seventy five APR financing on remaining new twenty five Camrays or LEAs a new twenty six Camri Lie for two sixty nine a month for thirty nine months with thirty six ninety nine do it signing with the proof credit through TFS tax title on license extra. Call one eight eight eight thirty six Toyota for details or go to Toyota dot com Toyota Let's Go Places, Cincinnati. It's Lance Mcalliser.
Speaker 23: When it comes to protecting your home, trust the crew that plays every.
Speaker 3: Season like it's the big game.
Speaker 23: Kangaroof Score a new roof now and we'll throw in gutter guards absolutely free. No more claw gutters, just winning protection for your home with no extra cost. Our roofs are built tough for every kickoff and the free gutter guards keep water damage out of bounds. This deal is a real touchdown, but it won't last long. If visit Gokanga Died Net for a free estimate, kangaroof we hop to.
Speaker 24: It Lass standards.
Speaker 25: Kangoof light up the season with savings at Kelsey Chevrolet. Now's the time Chevy lights up their best year in sales and centives like up to ten thousand off on News Silverado fifteen hundreds or zero percent APR. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from our family to yours.
Speaker 26: Ever Dry Waterproofing can fix your leaky basement or smelly cross space permanently. In the past forty years, they have fixed tens of thousands of basements with their patented system and lifetime warranty.
Speaker 6: Inspections are free.
Speaker 26: Call Ever Dry Waterproofing now open in Lexington and Louisville.
Speaker 27: First State Bank we think it's nice to have someone else in your corner. After all, there's nothing like having the right account at a bank that believes in you. First State Bank Built Unbelief. Visit FSB the number four me dot com.
Speaker 28: Remember FDIC this holiday season. Give your home the gift of comfort and style with Pello Windows and Doors. Every window and door is crafted with passion and precision to make your space warmer and more inviting. Tella now pay later at Pello Windows Cincinnati dot com.
Speaker 6: Make life brighter.
Speaker 16: Welcome back to the Budweiser reds Hot Stove leg Here on the Reds Radio Network with Mark Sheldon. I'm Jim Day. We continue our conversation with Sal Stewart and Sal, You've, I guess went overseas during the off season. Here you went to Spain. How was it? And I think I saw you a post of that you were at a soccer match. Tell us about it. The Red's Pick sixth plan, presented by Penn Station, is on sale now, receiving exclusive Ellie Dala Cruz bobblehead plus your choice of six home games to purchase, visit Reds dot Com Slash Pick six. We're back on the Budweiser Reds Hot Stove League with Mark Sheldon.
Speaker 17: I'm Jim Day.
Speaker 16: It's our pleasure to bring in Caleb Ferguson, a signee of the Reds hailing from God's Country, Columbus, Ohio. The big left hander is gonna work out of the bullpen. Caleb, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: How you doing.
Speaker 24: I'm great, guys, I'm great. Thanks for having me on. How are you guys?
Speaker 6: We're doing well doing.
Speaker 24: Thank you.
Speaker 16: Happy holidays to you, Merry Christmas and all. Now that it's kind of settled in, how you feeling that you're gonna put on a Red's uniform.
Speaker 24: It's cool, you know, it's cool.
Speaker 29: I think I think when everything happens, everything happens so fast, so I don't really think you have a ton of time to kind.
Speaker 24: Of process everything in the moment.
Speaker 29: And then I think once you know, like you said, once it all sets in and the dust kind of settles, your phone stops ringing, and just kind of everyday life goes on it, it kind of comes full circle to realize kind of what I'm getting to do this year.
Speaker 24: So very excited to be a part of it.
Speaker 29: Very excited to get the season started and play some winning baseball in Cincinnati.
Speaker 17: Caleb, congratulations, first of all, belated, but also with the team like this that you probably grew up with in your backyard. What did the Red Cell you want as a as a as a reason or what made you want to come to Cincinnati and pitch here?
Speaker 29: Yeah, I mean, I think you know, quality of life is always something like I think athletes look for to right So being close to the home, playing for your childhood team is always a dream of every athletes, right Like, I.
Speaker 17: Mean, well, and they have to I mean, as of now, they haven't signed the hitter, the big hitter they wanted, and and south Stewart could be one of their more important guys in the lineup if you pencil them in at first base, and maybe Spencer Steer moves to the left field, or maybe south Stewart does some dhing and things like that. But they they need a middle of the order guy to put behind Eli data Cruz and in some fashion and they'll see what happens. And they also need him to be better defensively. That one of the Reds goals of this offseason was to be a better defensive team. And as as Sal referenced, you know his error in Game two, he can't make those.
Speaker 24: Areas and just do my job every night.
Speaker 16: Club has split down the middle as far as Guardians fans and Reds fans. But it's my understanding you were Reds fan.
Speaker 6: Correct.
Speaker 24: Oh yeah, oh yeah. Where I'm at, there's not many many Guardian fans.
Speaker 29: I'm a little further south, I guess, if you will, so I can a lot of Cincinnati fans. We're a lot closer to Cincinnati, so definitely more more Reds fans than Guardians, Indians, whatever you might want.
Speaker 16: To call them, and you went to games, right, and is my understanding that Brandon Phillips was your favorite player?
Speaker 24: Oh yeah, yeah, I did good games. I went to a lot of games.
Speaker 29: I'd go down watch Brandon Phillips, J Brew, Scott Roland, Kozart, Homer Bailey, Bronson, Royo, you know all those guys like the two thousand and eight to like two thousand, I'd say twenty fourteen. Once I got to baseball, that was kind of my my time of following the Reds. That's about when I got into baseball myself. So that was a good time. It was a good time, good that was a right time. That was a great time to fall at Cincinnati Reds. So a lot of memories.
Speaker 17: Now when when you when you came here that the past, the Reds had some guys with playoff experience, but not a ton. How much is your playoff experience with the Dodgers, Astros and I most recently Seattle. Can I kind of help a clubhouse with with still a lot of young guys that just got their taste of it this past year?
Speaker 24: Yeah for sure, you know.
Speaker 29: I mean, you've got guys like Trevan there be Gone Lucks, those guys that have that have done some stuff too, So you know, having just just kind of having some older guys that bounce things off of, you know, having older guys to to to lean on and understand that it's okay to be playing behind one O or it's okay to to scuffle a little bit in certain moments. But you know, also keeping the mood loose and and keeping the guys having fun. You know, the game's really hard and uh, you know, you just you have to remember that. So having older guys that you can see how they handle big moments or big spots and whether they come through.
Speaker 24: Whether they don't.
Speaker 29: You you can always learn a lot by how player handles themselves. So having those guys in your room when you have a young, talented core like that is very important.
Speaker 16: You were able to keep the ball in the ballpark. You gave up just two home runs last year Seattle pitch your friendly Pittsburgh. You know, lefties can hit it down over that twenty one foot wall, but it's it's pretty big park. Great American, Ye, a little different. What's going to be that challenge for you?
Speaker 29: I don't know, hopefully looks on my side. I mean, yeah, I don't know, just you know, just just executing what I can execute and controlling what I can control, and you know, the rest of it should take care of itself. And I think at the end of the year, if you just go out and execute what you can do and control the controllables, you're kind of like where you're at.
Speaker 24: At the end of one sixty two.
Speaker 17: You know, you have basically three different versions of a fastball and an off speed pitch. How do you mix those pitches up to get the most success? Especially this past year, And did that variety of the four scene, the sinker and the cutter kind of helped you keep the ball in the ballpark?
Speaker 29: Yeah, you know, I just I just kind of let the game just tell me, you know, kind of what to do.
Speaker 24: You know.
Speaker 29: I I enjoy watching the game every night, the game that I'm in. I don't ever come down and like sit down and watch baseball, but I watch every game that we play, so you know, I try to take the information I see, you know, that night or whatever is on the scattering report. But but I mean, ultimately, man, it's just uh, it's conviction and just kind of get into my spots and I feel like, you know, I'm gonna get beat guys are gonna get hits.
Speaker 24: Those things are going to happen. That's just the nature of the game.
Speaker 29: But you know, I feel like, out of a hundred times, if I get to my spot and I execute kind of what I'm trying to do, there was results going to be in my favorite.
Speaker 17: You get weak content, I'm sorry, Jim, and you get a lot of weak contact. It seems like that was something you really excelled at this past year.
Speaker 24: Yeah, for sure. You know, I don't really know, like this strikeout number or whatever, like you know, it seems a little low. I don't really know why. I think.
Speaker 29: I pride myself on just coming in and throwing as many strikes as I can and trying to get guys out as efficiently as I can.
Speaker 24: Because, as most people know, the most.
Speaker 29: Important part of most important part of a reliever's jobs availability. So if I'm a fishing every night, I get my team a chance to win the next day. So I don't really care how else come. I just want to get him and get him efficiently.
Speaker 6: Your signing was certainly one of need.
Speaker 16: The Reds desperately needed a lefty out of the bullpen, particularly in high leverage situations and Terry Francona, he's probably maybe he told the other guys when I was there, when he met Emilio Pigan, he said, Hey, you're going to be tired. I'm just warning. I imagine you've talked to him. What was that conversation like I have?
Speaker 29: And you know, it was very brief, and you know, around the holidays and we'll touch base after the holidays so everybody can enjoy that time of their family. But he was very excited and he was sure to let me know it is an area of need for him and his.
Speaker 17: Team, obviously being home in the Columbus area. You got uh, you got Ohio State coming up in the Cotton Bowl next week.
Speaker 29: Are you going to be watching that? Are you excited for it? Of course? What a question. You can't be from Colamuth and I'll be a Buckeye fan.
Speaker 6: Can I get you?
Speaker 17: Sure?
Speaker 6: Can I give you an oh?
Speaker 24: And ioh?
Speaker 17: There it is.
Speaker 16: I love it a Caleb much appreciated. Go Bucks, certainly, Go Reds. We're looking forward to meeting you and see seeing what you can bring to the table, and we certainly appreciate your time. Happy holidays to you and yours all right.
Speaker 24: Likewise, thanks suiter Man, thanks for having me on here all right.
Speaker 6: That is Caleb Ferguson.
Speaker 16: We've got much more to come here on the Budweiser Reds Hot Stove League on the Reds Radio Network.
Speaker 4: Reds Fans, Now is the time to get your twenty twenty six season tickets. Red Season ticket members get to sit in the same seat for every game with their friends and family. She's a plan that fits your schedule and enjoy ultimate flexibility with our exchange program.
Speaker 3: Can't make a game, swap it for another.
Speaker 4: Plus, Season ticket members have guaranteed access to twenty twenty six Opening Day Visit Reds dot Com slash membership to catch all the Reds action at Great American ball Park next season.
Speaker 30: Champion Windows and the Cincinnati Reds are teaming up to give you a home run deal right now. We are offering forty percent off energy efficion Champion Comfort three sixty five Windows. Did you know your windows are one of the biggest sources of energy loss in your home. Make the calls of the bullpen and let Champion replace your old drafty windows today.
Speaker 6: We all make the same and keep you and your family cozy all winter long.
Speaker 30: Don't wait forty percinal Champion Comfort three sixty five windows won't.
Speaker 3: Be around long caller.
Speaker 30: Schedule your free estimate online at Championsave now dot com see store website for details.
Speaker 31: Snacker Up, It's time to rethink your pretzel batting for Reds fans is the new snack factory pop Ups. They're a pretzel take on popcorn, with a golden pretzel outside and surprisingly.
Speaker 3: Light and crispy inside.
Speaker 31: These incredible, munchible pretzel snacks can make any inning feel like winning, stepping up with great gourmet taste from quality ingredients. You can try them and three delicious slavers, white cheddar, Sea salt and golden mustard Barbecue Pophams are a snack that is unlike any other. Slide into the chip aisle at your local Kroger to pick up a bag today.
Speaker 4: The Reds see a lot of talented performers, and one of the most talented groups that we work with off the field is MSA Design. They're the region's leader in sport education, civic and corporate design. MSA Design is the official architect of the Reds and we're always impressed with their creative solutions, passionate approach, and personal.
Speaker 3: Care for every project.
Speaker 4: Their award winning team also works with uc Xavier, NKU, Beacon, Orthopedix, Great Oaks, career campuses, and many more. See what MSA Design can do for you at MSA arc dot com.
Speaker 12: Visit Robertstruck Sales dot Com to viewer inventory of single and tandem day cabs, sleeper Boxanyard trucks, as well as fork lefts. All units are pre owned, fleet maintained vehicles and available for purchase at Roberts Truck Sales dot com.
Speaker 25: Light up the season with savings at Kelsey Chevrolet. Now's the time, Sharp Heavy lights up their best year in sales and centims like zero percent APR on most new Chevyes, plus the Best Year endle specials, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from our family to.
Speaker 6: Yours and Unforgettable Exhibition.
Speaker 25: These are stories of people gid's comprehensive, It's thoughtful, once in a lifetime.
Speaker 6: Experience featuring over five hundred artifacts.
Speaker 27: Auschwitz Not Long Ago, Not Far Away Now open it Cincinnati Museum.
Speaker 6: Center now through the end of the year.
Speaker 14: A door window is offering no money down and zero percent interest for two years, plus another five percent off your total order when you combine and save on Doors, Windows and autis.
Speaker 15: Find out more at adoorsales dot com, where we sell the best and service the rest.
Speaker 9: Boost your business performance with on core technologies yet reliable, secure it solutions tailored for your needs. Visit OnCore dot Tech today on Core Technologies, making technology work for you.
Speaker 28: The holidays are all about family, warmth and togetherness. Make sure your home reflected a well. Pella's inspired designs and energy efficient windows bring lasting comfort and beauty. Pella Now, pay later makes it easy. Visit Pello Windows Cincinnati dot com today and make life brighter.
Speaker 16: Redsvans now is the time to get your twenty twenty six season tickets. Members sit in the same seat for every game with their friends and family and enjoy our flexible ticket exchange program. This a REDS dot Com slash membership for details. We're back on the Budweiser REDS Hot stovely here on the REDS Radio Network. I'm Jim Day. He is Mark Sheldon. Hope you enjoyed the interviews with South Stuart and Caleb Ferguson and uh Mark, I gotta tell you like I said going to the break at the bottom of the hour. When you listen to South Stuart, he kind of fires you up a little bit your oppressions of.
Speaker 6: The interview, And man, I was I knew that he was out.
Speaker 16: It was his mission to become more agile, but losing twenty plus pounds already, Man, the kids getting after it right now?
Speaker 17: Yeah, he really is. He sounds like he's ready to run through a wall. And it's only December twenty fourth, So it's encouraging if you're the Reds and if you're a Reds fan. One thing I will be curious about is the weight loss how it might affect his potential power. I mean, he's not a home run hitter per se, but he did leave the team in home runs in September with five, and he does hit the ball on the line pretty hard, and you want to see a few of those balls get over the fence. So he doesn't want to lose too much weight. But I think the keyword you mentioned was agile. He was also in addition to weight loss, he was directed to become more athletic, more agile. He's learning a new position at first base. He spent time with Freddie Benavitez all, that's important, and I'm sure agility and athleticism helps when you've lost weight.
Speaker 16: Yeah, And you had a story this week about Sal Stewart and what Terry Francona had to say about I think the Reds are expecting a lot from this kid coming up.
Speaker 17: They will and they have to. I mean, as of now, they haven't signed the hitter, the big hitter they wanted, and south Stewart could be one of their more important guys in the lineup if you pencil them in at first base and maybe Spencer Steer moves to the left field or maybe Salad Stewart does some dhing and things like that. But they they need a middle of the order guy to put behind Elie Da La Cruz and in some fashion and they'll see what happens. And they also need him to be better defensively. That one of the Reds goals of this offseason was to be a better defensive team. And as as Sal referenced his error in Game two, he can't make those errors too many times in the regular season. He has to get better and knowing him as he said, that was a big motivation for him to work on that this offseason.
Speaker 16: Yeah, and if he does become better defensively, it will also keep him in the game because if the Reds are winning the game this past year, I mean we saw it. He was in the later innings. They were replacing him, right they And they'll do the same thing. They'll move Steer into first base in the eighth or ninth inning. And sometimes that comes back to bite you if the other team ties it up, whatever, you're gonna have it a bat where you would normally want south Stewart up there. So that's really gonna help. If he can stay in the ball game defensively.
Speaker 17: There will I mean, Stuart was a or excuse me, spear this, excuse me Spencer Steer. It's an alliteration. He was goldmost gold Glove level last year. He was a finalist and he played really well. And if south Stewart wants to stay in the lineup in the late innings and be the guy that contributes those those memorable moments and that sort of speaking the ninth inning, he has to play well on defense the whole game.
Speaker 16: Your impressions of Caleb Ferguson, that was a need sign right there. The Reds last year most of the time, Graham Ashcraft, a right handed pitcher, was their best best option in high leverage situations against left handed batters. He's gonna seemingly help, is he not?
Speaker 17: He should help. He's a guy with really really weak contact guy. He's not a strikeout guy. Like we mentioned in the interview. He does get the ball put in play, he does limit the long ball. In Great American Ballpark, that might be a little tougher, but he's a guy they needed to have. It's been good to see from the Red's point of view. They the bullpen was their other big need besides the offense, and they they picked off two big needs right in a row, with Pegan coming back to be the closer. Now they have their middle to late inning lefty in Ferguson. They also obviously have Tony Santion and Ashcraft for those late innings, So now they might need to add another bullpen piece or two. But they also have of course Connor Phillips and Zach Maxwell and May and a few others in the mix. So the bullpen's starting to look a little bit better.
Speaker 24: Now.
Speaker 17: They have to work on the offense.
Speaker 16: Yeah, you had mentioned that, you know, the hitters that are kind of left out there in free agency, some of which you can probably just cross off the list. Others might be out of the price range. Would you think if something was going to happen in that regard is going to have to be via trade.
Speaker 17: I'm starting to feel like more and more. Yeah. Certainly, Cody Bellinger's on the market, and a few other guys Miguel Anduhar are still in the market, a guy who did very well against left handed pitching for the Reds the last two months of the season. But I don't know if any of those people move the needle to what they really need consistently over a whole season, and that might be a trade, and a lot of the teams that have been looking to add big starting pitching and have whifted could come looking at the Reds again and maybe make them an offer they can't refuse.
Speaker 16: I'm looking forward to. I mean, you can pencil in some guys into the rotation as we speak right now, if they don't make any trades and trade anyone out of that starting pitching nucleus. But there's going to be some competition for that number five spot, if not more.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I mean, if if there's no injuries and everyone is back. It's going to be really interesting when you have Rhet Louder, Chase Burns, h Randon Williamson, Aggie Are. There's gonna be a whole lot of guys that are hungry, especially the three guys that missed all of last year. And Louder, Williamson and Aggie Are. They they missed a whole year, they're going to be itching to get back.
Speaker 24: Uh.
Speaker 17: Then you throw in, of course, you got the guys that are you have two All Stars and Hunter Green and Andrew Rabbott, you have the guy that led basically the team in strikeouts and innings, and and and Brady Singer. So it's a it's a solid, solid rotation. A lot of teams would love this rotation. And Nicola, how did I forget?
Speaker 24: Nick?
Speaker 17: Excuse me? I'm sorry.
Speaker 16: All good, there's so many that's a good problem to have that we're forgetting guys.
Speaker 6: That's good.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I'm sorry, Nick Colodola. If you're listening. Uh, but it's a it's a he's honestly when he was humming along and he's and he's injury free. He's some of the best work he's done as a big leaguer last season. So there's a lot to like about what Nick Lodola is doing and if he can stay healthy and avoid the blister issue, especially, that's a rotation that no one's going to want to face, especially if they get to the playoffs again.
Speaker 6: One last question.
Speaker 16: You know, last year, at this time, Terry Francona's head was swimming a little bit. He was just trying to learn the organization, learn players. How much of an asset do you think it's going to be that he's back for the second year and now really knows all the above.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I think it's gonna be huge.
Speaker 24: Certainly.
Speaker 17: Like you said, he was getting the know guys. A lot of the guys he got to know during spring training, and he saw as the season went on some players got weeded out, or some players that had a lot of playing time maybe in previous seasons got less playing time this past season. I think you're going to see his thumbprint really on the team even more in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 3: Can't wait.
Speaker 16: We will wrap up the Budweiser Reds Hot Stove League when we come back. You're in the Reds Radio Network.
Speaker 4: Reds Fans, get your Tickets are now for Reds Fest, presented by PNC on January sixteenth and seventeen at the newly renovated Cincinnati Convention Center. Experience everything Reds Baseball, including autographs and photos with current and former Reds players, interactive games, main stage entertainment, exclusive merchandise, and so much more. Baseball's best FanFest is fun for all ages, so don't miss out For Redsfest. Up nates and tickets, visit Reds dot com slash Reds Fest.
Speaker 32: This is the Cowboy Jeff Brantley for my good friends at Grippo's. Grippos has been a hometown favorite since nineteen nineteen and is the official chip of the Cincinnati Reds. The third, fourth, and fifth generations of the Grippos family are committed to making the freshest, highest quality potato chips and snack foods you can eat. Grippos is the original fun food company because they've been having funds satisfying you're craving for snack food for over one hundred and six years. So when somebody tells you to get a grip, you know what they mean. Get Grippos. It's the year end sales event with the Ford Crew.
Speaker 16: It's sales of end time, Sam, temperatures.
Speaker 3: Are dropping, but the deals are just getting hot. Time for our annual Ford Holiday gift Guy.
Speaker 17: Oh Yeah, hard to go wrong with great deals on trucks and subans from Ford, America's all.
Speaker 3: Time best selling auto brand.
Speaker 13: Don't forget the first rule of holiday gift giving, Hank.
Speaker 17: What's that Sam?
Speaker 25: Always remember to treat yourself too well said?
Speaker 29: Based on Automotive News Almanac, historical data and industry reported to sales data fro nineteen o nine through twenty twenty four.
Speaker 9: Cy the CON's brand has been a Cincinnati tradition almost as long as Reds Baseball. For more than one hundred and thirty years, CON's hot Dogs have been an important part of so many special memories, from grilling out with family and friends to settling in at the stadium for a Reds game. It's no wonder that CONS brand is the official hot dog of the Cincinnati Reds. So pick up a pack of CONS hot dogs and all their quality meats at local stores throughout Reds Country and keep the tradition alive.
Speaker 33: As the official bank of the Cincinnati It's PNC knows that everyone gets excited about different parts of baseball. Some fans love home runs, PNC likes a well executed sacrifice bunt. Others love sliding catches. PNC prefers pop ups caught with two hands, but everyone loves getting discounts on tickets and merchandise with the Cincinnati Reds PNC Bank Visa debit card. Learn more at PNC dot com Slash Reds Card. PNC Bank Brilliantly boring since eighteen sixty five. PNC Bank National Association member FDIC. Visa is a registered trademark Visa International Service Association and used under license.
Speaker 25: Light up the season with savings at Kelsey Chevrolet. Now's the time Chevy lights up their best You're in sales incentives like up to ten thousand off on new Silverado fifteen hundreds or zero percent APR. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from our family to yours.
Speaker 26: Ever Dry Waterproofing can fix your leaky basement or smelly cross space permanently. In the past forty years, they have fixed tens of thousands of basements with their patentent system and lifetime warranty Inspections are free. Call Ever Dry Waterproofing now open in Lexington and Louisville.
Speaker 9: Power up your data storage well on Core Technologies in Dell Discover Dell's power Store and Powerball for reliable, scalable and secure storage solutions. Visit OnCore dot Tech, on Core Technologies and Dell your storage solution experts.
Speaker 27: We believe in movie nights, good food and family time. We believe in you. We believe at home. First State Bank built unbelief. Visit FSB the number four me dot com member fdi ce.
Speaker 2: Jolly unclogs for dogs, Jolly unclose.
Speaker 33: Jolly.
Speaker 25: For every drain we unclogged, we'll do need five pounds of dog food to a local animal shout there.
Speaker 6: Call today and get unclogged for dogs. Jolly plumbing, drains, eating and.
Speaker 2: Airs a full house.
Speaker 16: Thanks for the final time on the Budweiser reds Hot Stove League.
Speaker 6: I'm Jim Day with Mark Sheldon.
Speaker 16: I cannot believe that we are holmost to the new year mark, and it won't be long till we reside in Goodyear Arizona.
Speaker 25: It is a light up the season with savings at Kelsey Chevrolet. Now's the time Chevy lights up their best year end sales and centims like zero percent APR on most new Chevyes, plus the best year endly specials Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from our family to yours.
Speaker 12: Roberts Truck Sales has pre owned fleet maintained vehicles including sleeper, box and yard trucks, plus single and tandem day cabs and fork lefts for purchase. New are inventory at Roberts Truck Sales dot com and use the map feature to find a location near you.
Speaker 13: Holiday traditions live at Cincinnati Museum Center. Experience the Went to Wonderland of Holiday Junction featuring the Duke Energy Holiday Trains, a Cincinnati tradition now and it's seventy nine season. Plus give the gift to Discovery with twenty percent off membership, so all season long, Cincinnati Museum Center your home for holiday memories.
Speaker 6: Now through the end of the year.
Speaker 14: A door window is offering no money down and zero percent interest for two years, plus another five percent off your total order when you combine and save on doors, windows and awnings.
Speaker 15: Find out more at adoor sales dot com, where we sell the best and service the rest.
Speaker 21: City Dash, the official courier of the Cincinnati Reds, is the leader for same day regional Courier and Freight Services desk. The desk DOC to DOC or City to city City.
Speaker 6: Dash is your delivery solution.
Speaker 1: News Traffic and Weather News Radio seven hundred WL, Cincinnati.
Speaker 22: They crashed the day before Christmas, but the seven o'clock report I'm Sean Gaalbager breaking now one person killed then another critically injured. This following in a crash and Sycamore talentship plate this morning near Kimwoock Town Center WDSA.
Speaker 34: A cars speeding on Montgomery Road clipped another vehicle left the road and went airborne, hitting trees into utility polls, bringing down power lines. The driver, twenty eight year O'Connor Walshley, died from his injuries, while his passenger remains in critical condition. Both were visiting from South Carolina for the holidays. Montgomery Road near Galbrith remains closed. I'm Brady Hopkins News Radio seven hundred wlw.
Speaker 22: And Hamilton County Sheriff's Office has put out a update saying Montgomery Road will remain closed between Galabert and Coogler Mill until around eleven o'clock tonight. Is Multiple pole replacements and rewiring continue.
Speaker 24: Now.
Speaker 22: The latest traffic and weather together and taking a look at the major interstates and highways Elsewhere. Exit ramp is closed due to an accident seventy five off to westbound seventy four. The right lane of the highway is also blocked by the ramp. Police are at the scene, otherwise not seeing any new accidents now.
Speaker 35: The latest forecast from the No Feared Dentist Weather Center Advanced Dentistry the thought of the dentist making you a nervous wreck. We're here for you, No Fear Dentist dot com.
Speaker 36: Overnight we'll cool off into the upper forties, but temperatures quickly climb well into the fifties by the time most of us wake up. Christmas morning. Could also find some wet roads out there. There will be that scattered rain tonight into at least Christmas morning, maybe some mist and drizzle for the afternoon, keeping things gloomy, but temperatures well above average at fifty nine heading into Friday morning, we'll cool off to forty six. From your severe weather station, I'm nine first warning met Rebligius Mark Stitz News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 6: Radar showing a fair sky. It's forty four degrees.
Speaker 22: A woman shot and kill that a senior living facility Tuesday in Walnut Hills has been identified. Cincinnati Police around six thirty that he responded to the Park Eaten Building on Park Avenue where a thirty one year old t Keia McCollum was found shot dead in a hallway. There's been no information from police at about a suspect as their investigation continues. This does mark the second shooting that has been seen at the Park Eating Building within a week and coming to an annual free Christmas centner will take place.
Speaker 37: This is the thirty eighth year the Sunday Morning Club in All the Kentucky serves up Christmas date and dinner. Anybody welcome at the All the Kentucky Convention Center for the free meal from ten to one. Organizers selling All the Kentucky Tribune. The dinner has always been about community and making sure every person feels seen, welcomed, and cared for on Christmas Day. In addition to the full bufet meal with drinks and desserves, there gifts for those who are ten, including toys and bikes for kids. This year's event dedicated to the memories of two longtime volunteers who passed away in the last year Pat Crowley and Ron Santa Halderman. Origins of the Sunday Morning Club go all the way back to nineteen thirty seven, when prohibition ended, the local bar owners banded together to give back to organizations in their community and Brian Combs News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 22: Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow named the AFC Offensive Player of the Week for Week sixteen after a forty five twenty one win at the Dolphins where a Burrow through four touchdown passes. Bengals hosting the Cardinals this Sunday with kickoff at one o'clock on seven hundred WLW. NFL tripper header coming up on Christmas Day and that could be heard right here on the Big One. The Commander's host the Cowboys at one o'clock, then four thirty the Lions visit the Vikings. Then the primetime game has the Chiefs hosting the Broncos at a fifteen are an accepted? Is it seven thirty? I'm Sean Gaviger, News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 6: S board is sponsored by Lows