Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on A five seventy LA Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio while it's.
Speaker 2: The longest running afternoon sports show in the city. No congratulations necessary.
Speaker 1: All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed. This is Petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadacas terrible person, He's the worst and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: The pipes, pipes, the pipe.
Speaker 2: Don't miss an episode. We're with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, follow the petros in Money Show wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadakus and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 2: That's right, Glaura jag Bag, jag jag Bag. Here's a deal.
Speaker 1: Everybody talks about my I'm completely comfortable in who I am as a man.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 2: I'm going to go for that though, do you like Lady Mary's not?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 3: There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self.
Speaker 2: Going me you Expetro some money Am five seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeart Radio app. Get all that parade coverage if you missed it on the iHeartRadio app via podcast same place. You get the Petros End Money Show via podcast. You can also stream the show live anywhere in the world and that goes for us tomorrow a three to seven show. It goes for David Vasse and Dodger Talk tomorrow from seven to eight pm. You can listen anywhere on Earth with a smart device and the iHeartRadio app. As for the Clippers games, if you really want to tune in to Clippers thunder tonight, you're gonna have to get make sure you're in the greater Los Angeles area in order to do that through the iHeartRadio app. And if you're looking for scam, unfortunately, it's last day has been completed. The broadcast is done. The Clippers app is back to being the Clippers app for broadcasting their basketball games.
Speaker 3: But Matt, we got somewhere to be.
Speaker 2: We do this Monday, our first how many are we doing? Kate six?
Speaker 3: But we we melt We go into twenty twenty six with it, though, yes, yeah, it is our first of six. We carry it over BJ's Restaurant in brew House, So we got three appearances to do. Six appearance exactly, and the first one will be in Cerritos, so it'll lead into a Clipper game, not Monday night football, so not a two o'clock flex alert start. But Critos, I think, first of all, it's not far no, not for you, not for me. I mean it'd say it's a little father for me, but not that bad. It's not far No.
Speaker 2: It is not you know the ten East sniffing that, you know sixty Freeway. It is not. Uh well, I guess Burbank's a little bit different. We tried that, and I think our illegal parking, our jaywalking, yeah, has has put Burbank to bed. But Critos is one of our favorite spots, and we always get a great turnout.
Speaker 3: It's one of the most popular BJ's in southern California, that particular BJS.
Speaker 2: For whatever reason, I don't know if Frank is still I would assume he's still in the city council. I would imagine an unsolicited Frank will show up and we'll get our local politics out there on Monday. What's going on with these stop lights? Yeah, what's happening with the potholes? How many new Filipino DJ troops have developed? Right in the last year exactly, we haven't been here. All of those things, all of those questions about Sorito's along with us getting a pin, a magnet, a pen.
Speaker 3: Hey, I still love those Coast to Mesa socks that the Coast to Mesa mayor gave us.
Speaker 2: They are nice.
Speaker 3: Those are nice and the T shirt was nice too.
Speaker 5: How about the water bottles?
Speaker 2: Say Hydra? Pretty good? Right?
Speaker 3: Nice swag bag from Coast to Mesa.
Speaker 2: Hey you hear that, Frank, We got a nice swag bag from Coast to Mason. We did. As much as we like your coin and your pin. There's a real We got socks from Coast to Mesa. Step it up. Come on, man, all right, that's Monday.
Speaker 3: It is time for the Flip Top story of the day.
Speaker 5: I'll flip you out, I will.
Speaker 2: Fp you out. This is the flip Top story of the day. Now, Matt, we'll talk.
Speaker 3: To John Paul Morosi next, and we'll talk about Dodger's greatest team of all time, Greatest World Series of all time, Greatest Game seven of all.
Speaker 2: Time, greatest thing ever. You know, man, the.
Speaker 3: Dodgers rack baseball with their fist. What happened out there? What about the hot stove? So we'll get but as hard as it is to say goodbye to what was a very exciting Dodger season. It's time to clean up the streets and all the rappers on the sidewalks in Yoshinobu Yamamoto out to Grand Avenue to clean everything up and the bottles and cans and clap your hands where it's that right and move on with our world of great sports talk. It's not easy great sports talk, but we've got to do. We can have gratitude for the great and entertaining ride that the Dodgers have provided us locally and all the great access to the players and front office people and Dave Roberts. It's been a real windfall for everybody involved. And we don't take that for granted, not here on Anti seventy LA Sports. I will take credit great sports talk, but we will not take it no for granted. If they win three in a row, we might actually start taking it for granted.
Speaker 2: I mean we do without taking too much of the credit. But we do show up on the field. The players are we are in their presence. They do feel the aura that we exude, especially in the postseason. Whatever that does, yeah, you know, that does something. Is it positive or negative? I don't know, And it does something and it is hot.
Speaker 3: But before the actual hot stove for us gets to percolate, we still have the world of great sports talk, great sports talk to attend to. We still have to mind our chores and get ready for the long winter. We got a chop wood matt. We've got to get our hogs in order, and we've got to can our vegetables I love. We got to carry our water. We've got to work to still and get our moonshine and corn liquor ready to go for the winter. We got many dishes to wash and lots of time to fill, especially in the next couple of weeks before the Clippers hit the road, because everybody loves that afternoon drive Clipper game.
Speaker 2: What's better?
Speaker 1: Me? Me, Me?
Speaker 2: Do you mean to tell me I got Clippers Hawks at four o'clock?
Speaker 3: You, Well, you can always just go to the iHeartRadio app and podcast the hour or two that we have done there before the Clipper So expect us to get more and more back in that mode as a show. Now here's the story UCLA. Our friend Don McLain on the call last night, had their first hoops game and they beat up on Eastern Washington. That would be the Eagles. I don't think their Their basketball floor up in uh right, red outside of Spokane is bright red like the like the football field. But probably uh they have to play with a white ball like you. Probably couldn't play with a sort of orangish leather ball on a red floor, could you. I don't think so. Probably more traditional. Yeah, I'll look it up right when we're done here. They beat the Eagles only eighty to seventy four. UCLA was outscored by one half by one point in the second half. And our hero Mix Cronin's team is ranked twelve, and it was a mistake laden game. They were a mess on defense. They played down to the Big Sky competition, and they went up fifteen in the second half. Maybe they relaxed daily didn't play. They did hang on to win. Whatever. Right, the new Mexico transfer Donovan.
Speaker 2: Dent, he's good.
Speaker 3: He was great twenty one points, nine assists, four boards, and he will be fun to watch as the year goes on. But this is the story Matt. I thought this was was pretty great. That's local. But here is a funny story when it comes to college hoops. Last night Boise State, Matt one of the better teams in the Mountain West picked to be competitive to win the Mountain West Conference. The Broncos playing a nice stadium there right by the football complex as you've.
Speaker 2: Seen beautiful campus.
Speaker 3: Boise State played Division two Hawaii Pacific. The Sharks a private school with five thousand students located in a strip mall in the Honolulu Harbor, the Aloha Tower Marketplace, which they revitalized and made their permanent campus ten years ago in twenty fifteen.
Speaker 2: So it's a strip mall that they converted into a university. It's a strip mall. Like it's not like there's a VHS rental joint next to classes.
Speaker 3: Well, there is retail and there's restaurants there are, but they do not have a VHS rental map. Okay. I mean, I know it's island Island, but come on.
Speaker 2: I just you said five thousand students. I'm like, okay, and an athletics program.
Speaker 3: The strip mall is just blocks from the State cap Pioneer Square. As you know Honolulu quite well. The Sharks with their mascot Sharky the Shark, are located at Pier six and eight of the Honolulu Harbor. Amongst yes, public retail.
Speaker 2: And restaurants, public retail.
Speaker 3: They went all the way to Boise and beat them by one point. Now, it's not that odd to see a D two team win one of these crazy games. Early seen it here, But a D two team from a strip mall that is odd. Seventy nine to seventy eight was the score Boise. He won twenty six games last year and got beat by a team that has eight rows of seats in their gym back in Honolulu, which used to be Saint Francis School, now it's hpu's gym.
Speaker 2: They've had racing for pink slips. They've had that for six years.
Speaker 3: The gym, as I checked out today on some Hawaii news sites, has one of the biggest ceiling fans that I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: Oh big gass fans.
Speaker 3: Correct. Before they moved into the Saint Francis facility Hawaii Pacific University, the Sharks were vagabonds, going from gym to gym and weight room to weight room all around the city of Honolulu. I did some research and in retrospect, I probably should have gone to this college.
Speaker 2: Anyway. I can't tell you what gym you're going to be playing in, but we do offer you at program. I don't know where we're going to practice, but we'll figure it out.
Speaker 3: The college hoops is underway, Matt, and last night was the launching pad for many many teams.
Speaker 2: You piqued my interest with the Hawaii Pacific University, so obviously I had to Google to put my eyes because I think when you say strip Mall, we have our own vision, you know.
Speaker 3: But it looks exactly like a Honolulu strip mall. I mean, it's it's that's what it is. It's beautiful. Yeah, it's right across, but yeah, it's you know, there's a it's not like there's a I don't know that wasn't something like Alma Monter, Matt. That wasn't always their location, right, They moved around a little bit, but they took over the strip Mall about ten years ago and they love it.
Speaker 2: Got a line on a piece of property. Guys, if we want to move to university where that's strip mall?
Speaker 3: Right now, I got biology at two o'clock. Before that, I'm getting a foot massage and a pedicure.
Speaker 2: Pretty sweet. Yeah, I mean, I mean, honestly, all right on the water, like you said, it's on those that Pier and it's a couple of the cool look a couple.
Speaker 3: Of politicians Tulci Gabbard and Sarah Palin.
Speaker 5: Which to school there?
Speaker 2: Uh huh?
Speaker 3: And a lot of Asian Americans Pacific Islanders UCLA one and they play matts Alma Mater Pepperdine on Friday night.
Speaker 2: Oh ways, they're coming with a thump for him.
Speaker 3: USC beat another school matts connected to cal paly by thirty last night. Fortunate old friend Eric Musselman in year two post BROWNI what's gonna happen? And next Sunday they have Manhattan the beach.
Speaker 2: Not the island.
Speaker 3: This Sunday, I should say, no, the island, not the beat right, Sorry, Manhattan I.
Speaker 2: Think has made an NCAA tournament runner two in their past.
Speaker 3: So USC and Pepperdine Pepperdine for UCLA. Sorry in USC with Manhattan a little bit of a step up from who they've been playing, certainly in their second game and Boise lost to Hawaii Pacific, which is a strip mall. Basically Boise will be in the Bizarro pac twelve next year. And they lost to a slack guitar style strip mall in Honolulu.
Speaker 5: You guys, forgot to mention who the head coach at Eastern Washington is. Oh, that's our friend, Yeah, Dad Mounts and Mountain Old Slobby p oh. So he gave Mick cronin some fits last night, and McK cronan was angry and took it out on Josh Lewin allegedly. We don't have the tape. I'm talking to Tracy. So Tracy, that's.
Speaker 3: What he said. I'm talking. Did he say that I'm not talking to you? That's what And we'll be back with more Petro send money. John Paul Morosi will actually put a button on the baseball for the day. Coming up next from the MLB Network with some hot stove talking, some perspective on the World Series that is national.
Speaker 1: We've made it even easier to take LA Sports with you this summer. Make AM five to seventy or your favorite AM five seventy LA Sports podcast a preset on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: App using Apple CarPlay or Android Auto road Trip all summer with LA Sports Money HAM five seventy eight Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app your home with the back to back World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers. Remember if you missed all of our parade coverage nine am until three pm. It is available on podcast at the iHeartRadio app. Just hit that a five to seventy LA Sports button and you will have the great coverage from Tim Kates and David vasse As. The city and the Dodgers celebrated the first ever back to back championship in franchise history.
Speaker 3: Yes, Matt, and while everybody in LA has been celebrating, most everybody else has been sitting around, which is why it's time for the hot stove. He was doing a hot stove this morning on the MLB Network, the MLB Network. So good to us. A wonderful bridge that we have built, and to prove it, a great Michigander, a fabulous Harvard man. His alarm clock is hailed to the victors. The song we're playing right now, it is John Paul Morosi, Italian America can Baseball Insider joining us to discuss what this baseball season off off season will look like now that the Dodgers have won another World Series? What's crack at JPM?
Speaker 4: How are you, Petros and Money? I am outstanding, my friends, great to be with you. Congratulations to the Dodgers and the city of Los Angeles and all the amazing fans in California throughout the US that love the Dodgers. By the way, Petros, I belatedly congratulations to your Trojans on the way they dismantled Michigan at the Coliseum. They're thirty one to thirteen last month, so I apologize for not being more timely with my congratulations on that victory as well.
Speaker 2: World Series going on, I have to maybe one more appearance from m and the hot Stone sleep on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they might might have to be another apparent. I thought you're going to talk about Nebraska USC doing okay with a couple of Big ten heavyweights there. Maybe not so much some others. But either way, what did you believe you saw during the World Series? JPM? You always have a pretty good perspective. Was that the greatest World Series you've ever seen? Are you surprised that it was so wild?
Speaker 4: It was the greatest I've ever seen? Number one, I'll start there, and it's because of the number of different twists and turns, unlikely heroes and moments that if you had given all of us who liked to think up interesting plot twists in baseball games a full month in a sound stage in Studio City to figure out what we could do and how we could make the most amazing World Series possible. We would not be able to come up with something as dramatic as what just transpired, from Kershaw's final pitch at Dodger Stadium to even fluky things like Bobashett getting picked off off after what he thought was a walk, to Pajs tackling Tik making the catch the game six, ending the thoughts about the base running with Kainer Fileffa Yamamoto having one of the greatest postseasons ever in terms of what he did on zero day's rest and just the absolute command that he has on the mound. So it was iconic players having iconic performances. It was unlikely players having amazing outings and in performances like Justin Dean knowing the rule in center field and Miggy Rowe becoming the hero. The Tails are legion at this point, and I think, so I look at the World Series, guys that from a historical standpoint through two different lenses. Number One, how thrilling was it in the moment? How unexpected was it in the moment that was a.
Speaker 2: Ten out of ten on that score.
Speaker 4: And then I also asked the question when people love the game, when the three of us and fans that are watching that were watching it, that when we're twenty five, thirty years on and there's an anniversary that's shown about the World Series of twenty twenty five, and how we all feel about it in our older ages looking back, I always love to say, Okay, tell me how many significant players and or Hall of famers were figures in this particular World series. So when you go back and look at a World Series in the mid nineties, Braves and Yankees, and you say how many Hall of famers, Well, let's ask the question now, how many Hall of famers in this one. Well, on the Dodgers side, Kershaw, no doubt, Otani greatest player of all time, perhaps, Mookie Locke hall of Famer, four time World Series champion. Now Freddie three time World Series champion. He's a Hall of Famer. You know what, Will Smith very likely will be a Hall of Famer one day. Dave Roberts, the manager, is going to be a Hall of Famer now. He's a three time World Series champion as a manager, in addition to being a World Series Champion player. Then you take the opposite side of the equation, Max Scherzer Hall of Famer, Laddie probably a Hall of Famer, a lot of other Blue Jays that you feel are significant people in this era of the game, like a Bobashett for example, and you go on down the list and other performances from players like Kevin Gossman and the Shane Bieber from Southern California who's the Signing Award winner in the past. So you've got multiple time All Stars all over the place in a way that when you start counting the Hall of Famers on this World Series years from now, you're going to be I think conservatively six or seven and maybe eight depending on how certain careers unfold. So that to me is a claim of historical significance. Again, you compare it to the seventy five World Series Big Red Machine plus Fisk plus Louis Tian. You go down the list of historical players. This World Series, I believe Guys is going to rival some of the greatest that we've ever seen.
Speaker 2: You go back to last year JPM and you know, after the Padres series, the dog pretty much and I don't want to say Waltz, but it wasn't all that hard against the Mets and the Yankees. This year the exact opposite, where you know, even though they were tight games against the Phillies, that's you know, four games, they win two in Philadelphia and they had no issues obviously with the Brewers. Were the Blue Jays maybe the most formidable opponent that they have faced in these last two postseasons? Are they that much better than the Yankees were last year? Was that the Dodgers struggled a little bit and guys just kind of found slumps at the wrong time. What was it that led to this team that looked like a buzz saw through those first three rounds kind of finding trouble in the World Series?
Speaker 4: The Jays I think were the best top to bottom team that the Dodgers have played in these last two postseason runs. I think the results bear that out. The Jays scored more runs than the Dodgers did in this World Series. They had a higher team ops, had a higher team batting average. They realized that that we don't decide championships based on total run scored in this sport. It's not total goals in soccer. In a group stage of a World Cup or something like that. But it's that is illustrated of the fact that it was. If the Jays had won, it would not have been a fluke, and in fact it was interesting. We actually played this sound on on m WILLB network this morning. I think it was kind of lost in in the aftermath of Game seven. There's a lot going on, obviously, but Josh Schneider said, and I'm paraphrasing here, but he used the word we had chances to sweep them, is what he said, And honestly he's not He's not wrong. I mean, I mean, now, if you want to say, of the first four games, like a game three obviously was a complete toss up, historic game. And if you look at the first five games, let's say the only one the Dodgers really won decidedly of the first five games was Game two, and even that game was pretty tight to where if if Goslin makes more of his pitches, the James could easily won that game as well. So again Josh Shanner made a very bold comment and saying we had chances to sleep them, but they had chances to sweep them if you really look at the game. By game and how it all unfolded. That's actually a true statement. So it was two very evenly matched teams for different reasons. I think that maybe the Jays a little bit of a shortcoming in terms of the way their bullpen was set up. Obviously a lot of fixation on the Rojas homer, but certainly you Savage had to give up a homer two. And again, if you're really a locked in team in terms of your bullpen, you probably have someone who's not a rookie that had just started a couple of days earlier having to pitch in that situation that you Savage did. And then the ultimate, the ultimate frump card for the Dodgers was Yamamoto. He's just the and And that is one case. And this is one of those fascinating things where you can kind of look at this World Series and see what you want to see. You could you could say that some of the most important plays the Dodgers made justin Dean's heads up playing the outfield, Keyk's throw, the Pakes catch, the Mickey row home run. These were by players that, if you add up their salaries for this year, were not not a huge number. And yet the dude who was the MVP, was the guy that signed the biggest contract for a pitcher in the history of the game. Okay, And so there were parts where the Dodgers' ability to do the small things were difference makers, and there were also times where their ability to do the biggest things like Otani's Game four of the NLCS, Otani reaching base nine times in the in game three, and then of course what Yamamoto did in six and seven, that is their financial Wherewithal having a massive impact and Freddie and Mooki and all the rest the cast of thousands. Of course, So I think that you saw, and I think what I hope guys is the takeaway. There's plenty of discussion, I'm sure on this channel others people that have opinions. Okay, are the Dodgers good for baseball? They unequivocally yes, they are.
Speaker 2: And what we're gonna happen.
Speaker 4: Reasons why I say, Well, I'm glad, I'm glad. I anticipated the question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've been doing the show for years.
Speaker 4: Here's right. I just I'm taking the relay, throwing it over. I say, unequivocally the answer is yes, because of a couple things. It's not just getting Otani and Yamamoto and Freemen and Bets and Snell and all the free agents. It's not just that the Dodgers do the back of the house stuff. The infrastructure, the scouting, the development, the thoughtfulness they bring into their front office. They do all of those things better than everybody else. They just do. And so I see some ways in which the Jays have had to bring their levels of back of the house things up to what the Dodgers do. I see it seem like the Giants trying to do the same thing. So it's it's bringing up the levels where. Yeah, I mean, the Toronto Blue Jays are a large market team, without a doubt, But I find the whole thing humorous. That it's silly, I believe for someone to say, well, the Dodgers have won back to back championships, therefore the model is broken. That's nonsense. If Isaiah kind of love it gets one foot of a better lead, the Blue Jays win the World Series, and what the game is a little bit less broken because he had what one better secondary lead and one moment.
Speaker 3: Of lightly slightly right.
Speaker 4: It's right. So I mean I find that that is that logic doesn't really pull a whole lot of water for me.
Speaker 2: I mean, just when the thing jp to jump in there, like beyond the winning and is it unfair? It's just a platform. I mean, Shoel Tani won multiple MVPs, was pitching and hitting and nobody cared. And it was thirty minutes south of Los Angeles and it was not an event you'd have people go out, but it didn't stop the world like it did. And for the Dodgers to be able to him on that stage, to put a twenty five year old now twenty seven Yamamoto on that stage to look like Randy Johnson or Madison Bumgardner, like, that's to me, it's just shortsighted to think baseball would be better if you spread all these players out if Otani stayed with the Angels and it was just Mookie and Freddy in La if Yamamoto went to the Mets, Like, to me, the fact that you have this stage for all of these exceptional players is exceptional for baseball, and it brings more eyeballs to watch this one team play. Right.
Speaker 4: And I'll make this point too, We have lots of different ways of measuring viewership, and we could probably talk about Okay, how much do Nielsen ratings really matter, et cetera. I said this right after Game seven, and I believe this in my heart that and there's plenty of evidence, by the way, to back up what I'm saying here that in terms of engagement, which is similar to viewership but not exactly the same thing. But I'm going to say engagement with the major league product, more people around the world care about the Major League product and consume the Major League product in whatever form it is than ever before. Because people might say, well, look at the TV ratings of the nineteen seventy five World Series. Yes, I don't.
Speaker 1: There are three channels the entire country, right, and the advertised used to do thirty million.
Speaker 4: Correct, exactly. I don't think everybody in Japan was watching the punch Fist home run in nineteen seventy five. Okay, but guess what Sunday morning in Japan? I can I can wager a pretty strong amount that that a substantial number of people in Japan were watching baseball, and you had the whole country of Canada watching that series. You had so many people in this country watching that series. So the way in which people feel connected to the greatness of this sport writ large and the Dodgers specifically has made this sport and the Major League Baseball brand more popular. I believe then it's ever been, because we just have a greater and a more diverse number of people who care about not just Baseball the sport, but Major League Baseball and the Dodgers. And I'd say all the time, when I visit LA doing games multiple times a year, I'm at the hotel, I'm seeing fans coming from Korea, from Japan, from Taiwan, all around the world to see this team play. I think that's great for baseball.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers made about seven hundred and fifty million bucks in twenty four and they spent about five hundred and fifty million some people, And you can would love for you to speak to this John Paul, Like if Kyle Tucker comes here for three hundred million, Like, are other teams going to spend their money? Because the Blue Jays did and they ended up getting to the World Series. The Mets did and it didn't get him anywhere. It was a late season collapse. Like are we going to see people get pissed off at the Dodgers again because they're happy to reinvest in roster or are some of these other teams and their owners going to finally start spending money and coughing up all this cash they're making like the Cubs.
Speaker 4: Well there are there are certainly some teams that will and some teams that won't, and I can't have the crystal ball to know exactly which teams will. I do believe the Mets will keep trying. I think that we will see the Giants make a significant free agent signing this winter. Whether it's Tucker that would be. I think he would fit them quite nicely. Maybe it ends up being a major free agent coming over from Japan. We're likely to see three of them coming this time. Tatsu Emai, who is a right handed pitcher, and then two significant bats. It's probably the first time we've ever seen two major bats coming over from Japan in the same in the same offseason. Munataka Murakami from the Yakult Swallows in Tokyo, sort of the smaller of the two teams in Tokyo, and then the one the big team in Tokyo, the Marry Giants their first basement and their basement. Kazuma O Komodo is also coming over. So three, are they of the same stature as Yamamoto right now? Probably not, but Imai is probably on a level of what Senga was when he came over. And then again, Okamoto and Murakami are probably a notched down from what Adaki Matsui was, but they're legitimate. They're gonna be good players in this league. So I think that there's gonna be that fascination as well. There's not. I mean, I'll say that there's not a This is not the the off season of Kyle Tucker in the way that last year was Soto and the one before was Otani, the one before was Judge. Tucker is a really good player, he's not, in my opinion, at the level of those three. And so I think we'll see if teams are going to be clever and maybe you could find a way to sign a Pete Alonzo plus one of the pitchers, maybe a Dylan Ceze, maybe a Ranger Suarez, maybe a Tatsuo Imai, and it's more of a diversification of your portfolio, if you will, in a way that honestly worked very well for a club like the Toronto Blue Jays that they they signed their own and Vladdy mcguaro junior, but they did I think a much better job of allocating their resources. Hoffman obviously giving the home run, but he had a pretty good year overall. Sures are a different different investments they made with their position player group. So I think we'll see more teams try to be like the Blue Jays than try to be like the Dodgers, because the Dodgers, really, as we've talked about in the course of the segment, are really.
Speaker 2: One of ones.
Speaker 3: Well so is John Paul Morosi. It's like driving around Rome in an electric car. The past and the future. What a star. Thank you. We've milked you dry like a like a skinny cow. So have a wonderful day, and thanks for doing it. I might forgive the the tardiness on the Michigan thing.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't if I were you. Well, I know, but you know, I know how you feel about your truth. I know you know how I am my arthurtic fight on fingers prove it. God.
Speaker 4: Well, hey, guys, I appreciate the conversation. And again, now that the usc UCL you're in the Big ten. Now you're all honorary Midwesterners. As far as i'm concerned. So we're all we're all, we're all friends here. It's that Midwes that I welcome you to.
Speaker 3: Now we've got some brats on the weber right now. Thank you, Thank you, John Paul, have a wonderful wait, thank you. There we go the Petro Send Money Show with John Paul Morosi. Impactful. We'll do a secret Textoso Radio that roundup next.
Speaker 1: Hello, PMS listener. Did you know AM five seventy LA Sports has a wide range of LA sports podcasts.
Speaker 2: There's Rogan and.
Speaker 1: Rodney, that one is my favorite, Dodger Talk with David Vasse, the Dodger Podcast of record, Clipper Talk Without a Musk, follow us all and many more. Just go to AM five to seventy LA Sports on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Betrow some money. AM five to seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio. Remember, we're going to do our first BJ's Restaurant in brew House live appearance for this football season on Monday, Soritos. And it won't be going into Monday Night football, to be going into Clippers basketball. So it's not a two to five, it's a three until six thirty pm live appearance, BJ's Restaurant in brew House in Cerritos. You know, we always like to bring a bunch of prizes, Bjy's, gift cards, tickets, all of that. It is right off the six to so oh five at South Street, one of our favorite places to hit up when it comes to all the different dja's locations. So come see us this Monday, Critos, BJ's Restaurant and brew House three until six thirty pm.
Speaker 3: All right, let's get a little reaction. React with the secret text as already around.
Speaker 1: Um you text us.
Speaker 6: Up fine, brought to you by your Sokel Toyota dealers.
Speaker 3: We make it easy, hey, Pete, give Matt credit for laying out the perfect scenario. Listen to three Things Thursday last week. Matt's positive vibes got us to yesterday's Paraine.
Speaker 2: Okay, sucking down at nine? Exactly what happened? You did, say, count On, Paz, I think it was. It was the path. The path is Pahz, Yeah, there is. Unfortunately he took a path right over k It was in that path, but he was still able to complete it.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Pete. I was at Dodger Stadium yesterday and there were almost none of our Asian American Pacific Islander friends there yesterday was Padlos Susios. We weren't there in the stadium. Kates was there, and we don't know about the demographics, but it could have been that. You know, when the season was over, the Japanese tourists or the tour groups maybe stopped.
Speaker 2: For a little while. They may have just stopped at the top of the World Dodgers Clubhouse store. Yeah, that's usually what they do. Yeah, they stopped. The bus stops there, they get out, they purchase an absolute crap ton of merchandise, and a lot of times they just move on to the next retail location.
Speaker 3: That's true, usually to the outlets right by Marongo Casino, his last spot to ca. You know what was cool about yesterday, Pe David Vasse given Tim Kates his flowers for all that hard work he put in all postseason, a real MVP of Great Sports.
Speaker 2: Talk, Great Sports Talk.
Speaker 3: You did get your flowers, just like Sam Amic gave the Lakers their flowers on our show for winning the Bubble Championship. He gave Devass gave you your flowers.
Speaker 5: Well, there was a lot of flowers being given out at the end of the show. Yesterday, we gave a lot of thank you to everybody behind the scenes on the broadcast. Fresh flowers. Yeah, it was a lot of flowers given.
Speaker 2: Out yoursh flowers and deservedly so.
Speaker 5: They ran out of flowers. That's how many flowers are given out.
Speaker 3: Fresh flowers petros As we celebrate the ultimate Dodger victory, I wish I think we would be remiss if we didn't acknowledge the role petrosen money played in the championship. The Panic Brothers panicked when panic was needed. You called out the Tsatho flaccid bats. You got after their ass when needed, while also washing their balls anytime.
Speaker 2: You talk to a member of the team.
Speaker 3: All in all, we love it was a team effort that netted a championship and another ring Kates won't get well done. On another note, can you please let us all know your BJ's remote schedule from now until spring training so we can start making plans. Well, we only give them out one at a time, and we did give out that.
Speaker 2: One to Snritos on Monday three to six thirty going into Clippers basketball. Just mentioned it. That is the first of six between now and what should we say Kate's the end of January. It's kind of what we're looking at. So November, December, January, we got six of these things, and this is our first one. Cerritos right off of South Street at the six o five. It's gonna be great, Matt. Speaking of retail, you know, you hit up the BJS and then you make your way to the Sacks off Fifth Avenue. Let the Nordstrom rack. I believe there's a guitar center in there as well. You can do a lot of retail in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a lot of good stuff. So that's a great place right off the six oh five. Like you said, Troy Aikman, looks more like Brian from Family Guy every day. That one caught me off guard to.
Speaker 2: I didn't see that coming.
Speaker 3: Neither did I when I read the text.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I was just thinking to this video. He pops u you know, the top on his number eight beer and he takes a ship on him. I was like, what does he look like? Who does he remind me of? What is this happen?
Speaker 3: It's the dog from Family Guy.
Speaker 2: Oh that's the best textows so I've heard in a long time.
Speaker 3: Pretty good. This one regarding yesterday's Flip top story on the secret text Ussel line.
Speaker 6: The secret text us cell line, brought to you by your Toyota dealers. We make it easy.
Speaker 3: I totally agree. I was at last Tuesday's game, and I never want to see Harry and Megan on the big screen again. They're publicity hounds. Oh like Brian the dog from Family exactly. This one says in regard to Kik getting knocked over by Andy Piaz Yeah, Caribbean Island bowling out there in left center, Cuba and Puerto Rico man respectively.
Speaker 6: The secret text does a fine brought to you by your sokel Toyota dealers. We make it easy.
Speaker 3: This is in regards to Matt's top story of the Day yesterday. There can be podcasts on the iHeartRadio app. I don't say it often, but money is right, and I'm a.
Speaker 2: Giants fan, so I guess I appreciate that right.
Speaker 3: This one has a photo or like a meme of a professor, because you are very professorial, even with your stylishly long hair, and it says, Matt enlightening the public. Thank you.
Speaker 2: I always wanted to be a professor. Oh.
Speaker 3: This is in regards to downtown Nashville. Matt where you just wear it says, downtown Nashville is a total embarrassment. Now, it's absolutely pathetic. It might as well be a six flags amusement.
Speaker 2: Parn There is a little bit too much kid rock here. Bon Jovi there as opposed to like the ones I had mentioned, the Roberts and the Tootsies and that sort of spots. They have kind of been overtaken by the Hey, here's Jason al Deane's four story bar, as opposed to you know what built the city of Nashville, which was Morgan Wallen's place of courseous again also an embarrassing.
Speaker 3: Now that one's past, we'll be right back with more petros and money on AM five seventy LA Sports. We have a whole other hour quick hits dead in a live guy Birthday of the Day.
Speaker 5: It's not what I read. Did you go to Jelly Rolls place? They had it like free shots and those I've walked by it free jello shots.
Speaker 2: I walked by Jelly Rolls place, and I walked by Al Dean's, and I walked by Wallins, and I walked by bon Jovi's. That person is absolutely right. It is. It's much like your lament about Hermosa beachp Very very similar is what has happened in Nashville in the last ten years. How dare they it's criminal?
Speaker 3: We got another hour of great sports talk AMPHI seventy Sports Talk. You're a home of the Dodgers. I'll tell you what's great. Downtown LA kicks Nashville right in the sack.
Speaker 2: Ain't kidding about that.