Speaker 1: Kat w B.
Speaker 2: Hey, good morning, It's election day. It is kt w B. It is a nice fall Tuesday, some may a little like sunny. It's supposed to snow on Saturday. You guys, you hear about this, Yes, like a fifty chance of snow Saturday. Yeah, totally. You know that time of the year is going to be November what seventh by Saturday? I have to ten. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I still have beats in my garden that I haven't harvested yet.
Speaker 2: Don't roll your eyes at me. I'm not. I did not. I thought I thought you were like God Billy's going on about our garden again, falsely accused. No, November eighth is this Saturday, But that's way behind the curve for like a first snow. I believe last year it's snowed October thirtieth, like the day before Boo Bash. Yeah, no, I totally believe it. Well, then the old timers talk about a Halloween blizzard in nineteen ninety one. You know, we were up to our next school and snow and we had to go treating, and a lot of my friends never came back. They never came he came back. They started going up here the snow well. They found him in the springtime. They were frozen with a touchy roll in your hand. I knew the first time, like Adam Sandler right now? Can I tell you the worst god awful movie? Hugh be Halloween? But he's seen that movie.
Speaker 4: I almost watched it on Friday because it popped up on Netflix and I was like, what is this app Sailor? And then I got through the minute of the trailer and I was like, no.
Speaker 2: It was actually so stupid. It was funny. We watched probably forty five minutes of it. It's called hub Halloween. Never heard of it, but it was Halloween. So after the kids all stopped trick or treating, we're like, uh, see what's gone? Like yeah, show anyway? Yeah yeah. My name is Jadiam Chander, and I'm playing a exraduated character of the character that I played my entire night talking to really trick a treat. I don't know why you wasted your time. I just don't. It wasn't terrible. I just don't think he's funny. You really don't think Adam Sander's funny? Did you not watch Happy Gilmore Too?
Speaker 5: The only Adam Saylor movies I've seen were grown ups, and then the one he did with Jennifer anis then I think murder mystery is what it's called, but.
Speaker 2: A good one. I like that one to me. You haven't seen the wedding singer. Maybe I don't know for fifty first dates. I remember he's twenty four years old, so that was his mom's movies app movies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think he's I don't really like Adam Sandler either, but if he asked to kiss me, I would, but his act.
Speaker 2: Right exactly.
Speaker 1: Let's take a trip or chance to win a trip to Los Angeles to see Sabrina Carpenter at one of her sold out shows. Happens now on KADWB talk back. The keyword Sabrina. That's Sabrina on our iHeartRadio app. Okay, make sure you do that because that is a chance to go to Los Angeles. And this is really cool. We'll do it every thirty minutes every time you hear it. You got to use that keyword on the talkback feature on the iHeart app and you can.
Speaker 2: I was it was the iHeart App. It's super cool because I was listening to a song yesterday on the iHeart app and then I wanted to listen to Fallon and Colt in the afternoon. You know what I did. I touched that preset button tap vaunted came up, boom there. It was like a miracle. It is Katie WB. We're gonna get an update on Justin and his reuniting with his ex Danielle. If you don't remember it from More of the Roses, it was a week ago and basically they'd split up. Long story short, we got them back together. But I want to hear how things are going. So Justin's on about another ten minutes or so. Right now, we're playing lyric shuffle. Let's get started.
Speaker 4: Jenny first today, but can go first, Okay, Von, here you go.
Speaker 2: Roommate, I got one roommate. You have one? Hey, hey you you I don't like your roommate, No way, no way, think you need a new one? Hey, no, no, So.
Speaker 6: You honestly were gonna come in with.
Speaker 2: The song of them you so not a prayer, not a chance.
Speaker 6: You used to sing like that part of the song all the time. Your roommate back and bolder.
Speaker 2: Then you know that, all right, No.
Speaker 6: Points for either of you on that one. It is Dave's turn.
Speaker 2: Step step by step oo baby, good job?
Speaker 6: All right one for day round two. This is Bon's word.
Speaker 5: Went God with Crazy Windy paineed you the Steady swims.
Speaker 2: Wow, it's such a beautiful song.
Speaker 4: So good Okay, good job Kates had to one to one Dave's word.
Speaker 2: Should Should I stay or should I go?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 8: You?
Speaker 2: Should I stay or should I go?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 2: Let's play that one for a boss check. Write it down, Jenny.
Speaker 4: That song a song that every high school band learns to play as like a cover.
Speaker 2: That an Island in the Sun or what whatever called.
Speaker 4: Okay, now Dave has Tubon has one, and we're onto round three.
Speaker 7: Hugo Van, Damn, damn loving us, damn almost give me a rough of my money.
Speaker 2: That's kench glamour. Yes, I know what it is. Good job I was gonna do Damn. I wish I was your lover. No anybody, No. Sophie B. Hawkins Ah, Yes, she came to Star party one time. She smelled really bad. She's kind of a hippie like bo and and something else Right now I love that performance.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, this word is for David.
Speaker 6: Independent.
Speaker 2: What happened to miss Independent? Good job? Day you one of my favorite Kelly Clarkson songs.
Speaker 6: That is a good one.
Speaker 4: Okay, vont round four, final round right now you have two, Dave has three. You gotta get some points, okanks, Okay, here you go, clear.
Speaker 2: Clean. I'm not gonna making stuff up like over here, mister roommate. David, I got nothing, seriously nothing no.
Speaker 6: Oh wow wow, all right, no coins, no coins.
Speaker 4: If it's a hard one, Dave does not get this one that can get the steal and we'll go to a tie breaker.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right.
Speaker 2: So I was already worried from the get.
Speaker 6: This is Dave's word.
Speaker 2: Real real, real, Yeah, I'm read Jennifer Lopez, thank you. How it goes Bailey Real? I mean it sure does.
Speaker 3: Yeah really, I mean it is a song, but I mean he's saying it like crap.
Speaker 2: I just would have liked a little more. Yeah of it.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna just see if I can find it. Isn't it?
Speaker 9: Is it?
Speaker 6: The one with Jah rule?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, me. I'm struckting with gat To Burial. Gatta Burial. That was way better, not even that, got to be real, got to that, Sheryl Lynn, that's a good like seventy eight so yeah, I don't.
Speaker 6: Know if what part I'm gonna get here.
Speaker 2: Okay, just give them the point to stop. Yeah, give it. I would have given it. Well, of course you're gonna give it to me because I got I'm gonna give it.
Speaker 6: Really was was. I'm reel, I needed it. I'm gotta use a.
Speaker 2: Little bit more.
Speaker 4: It's okay, more usually up a little bit, Okay, whatever you want. Congratulations David. You got four points a day, but you got to not really a tight race. But that's all right because sometimes.
Speaker 6: It isn't all right.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Jenny. Coming up in a second, we're gonna talk to Justin, who was on the show last week. He reunited with his ax on War of the Roses, and it was an interesting War of the Roses if you don't remember it. They had split up and we got them back together. But how are things going a week later? Is it still magical? Is it wonderful? Is it mystical? Magical? Or is it men? Maybe we should have stayed apart. We'll talk to Justin coming up next on katiewb Oh, you guys are so funny, you know the conversations we have here. By the way, the war the Roses update is coming up and more sabrine. The carpenter keywords to win that trip to La But I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow because I've had belly pain for like ten twelve years, and I've had every test, done everything that you can imagine. I swallowed a camera one time, and I'm not making it up. It's a pill about the size of your thumb and I swallowed that and they're looking around in there and they're like, oh no, So I'm going into the doctor tomorrow. And Jenny out of the Blue, out of the blue, says.
Speaker 4: I said, what if you go into your doctor and he's like, man, you just got one big gas bubble in there.
Speaker 3: You just just give me the medicine.
Speaker 2: Give you apart medicine. A fart, like a one half hour, solid long fart. They squeeze you and then they start ringing you out. At the end. You're like, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: You come back and you're like thirty pounds later, We're like, hush, you're so skinny. Yeah, are so full of gas gas.
Speaker 2: It was crazy. Okay, Now, this is not what people come here for. People come here for quality, dignified entertainment. Broadway reviews to the speculation on the Nobel Peace Prize. That's what they're here for. And then you get the fart bubble squeeze joke where it comes from. We have a couple of things coming up. First of all, Serena Carpenter keyword coming up. This is the last week or that, but right now we've got a little follow up, and this is a war. It's War of the Roses, which we do every Wednesday or Tuesday at this time, brand new episode. So it is a War of the Roses, but it's not Catti a cheater, one fake bouquet of roses at a time. Four of the Roses starts right now on KTWB. I love a good love story, so I have a good love story. A lot of the time on War of the Roses. It doesn't turn out to be a love story. It turns out to be bitter and resentful and spiteful and ugly. But you might remember a couple of weeks or a week ago, we had on somebody who wanted to do a War the Roses completely different. He said, I want to have Jenny call my ex to see whether she will accept flowers from me. We've been broken up for a year. I can't stop thinking about her. I've tried to get over her. I don't want to send her flowers because that way I won't know whether it is she rose him in the dumpster or whether she's like, oh, these are great. I want to have Jenny call and say, hey, I'm from the flower company trying to send you flowers. I got the what you say, the wrong address, yeah.
Speaker 4: I said, I'm sorry, this address doesn't exist on Google.
Speaker 2: So here's a clip of what happened when Jenny called.
Speaker 6: But you are happy to get flowers from him?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I really am.
Speaker 9: Hey Danielle, Hi sorry to throw this on you. I can't stop thinking about you, and I just wanted you to know that I'm sorry. I wasn't fully present.
Speaker 2: Before, but.
Speaker 9: I'm serious.
Speaker 2: Now. How do you feel right now, Adam, after a year of missing Danielle, I feel hopeful.
Speaker 9: I'm thrilled that she accepted the flowers. I hope I can actually bring our flowers in real life.
Speaker 2: How do you feel, Danielle?
Speaker 10: Yes, I would like the in real life, in person reconnection. I've been missing that a lot too.
Speaker 2: So fast forward back to today. We said, let's call this guy and find out how things have gone down since they had kind of successfully rekindled. Yeah, guess who's on the phone right now. Justin is on the phone. Justin no surprise.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 2: You knew we were gonna call because we had to ask you if we could call Justin. I know nothing about what happened after that phone call on War of the Roses, So fill me in. I'm gonna guess there was some sort of rekindling reconnection.
Speaker 11: Hey, yeah, nice to talk to you guys again. Yeah, we uh, we.
Speaker 2: Kept texting after the call.
Speaker 11: We we decided to meet up like two days after that call, and we went to Nina Nina's coffee. I don't know if you've heard of it. It's like yeah, spot, yeah, and yeah, we just i mean had a lot of catching up to do, and.
Speaker 2: It was just really easy.
Speaker 11: And you know, it was so crazy, like after I don't know, like twenty thirty minutes of talking, we were Honestly, I didn't even realize we were doing this. We were holding hands like talking like just kind of just really listening to each other, kind of holding hands across the table.
Speaker 2: You know, when you do that, my heart is melting, so you're doing that romantic double handhold.
Speaker 11: But it wasn't it wasn't like a stick like really like it's like it was very natural. And it's been a year, but we had a lot of like life things happening when we were kind of you know, getting to know each other before we broke off, and her mom was sick and her I was you know, I wanted to know about that. And then her dog had died while we were broken up, so you know, all these things that never reached out because I was scared too.
Speaker 10: I wanted to know, you know, how she was.
Speaker 11: And I think she really, you know, I felt that emotion that kind of like reconnecting and wanting to like be there for each other. And yeah, we talked for like two hours and uh so, would you say, I'm sorry I missed that?
Speaker 2: What did you What did you say?
Speaker 11: No, No, we just haven't really stopped talking or texting or seen each other since.
Speaker 2: Would you say you're back together?
Speaker 11: Well, I didn't want to waste any more time, so yes, Well.
Speaker 2: I think that's great. I think sometimes you know that that is your person, and I think sometimes you break up and you go, well, maybe I'll find another person. But don't you. Sometimes you break up and there's always something in the back of your mind it's like, hmm, they're not that.
Speaker 5: You know I have.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I've had that feeling before, but not really like this. And this is just like that ache that never went away. And I'm just I'm really grateful to you guys for having me kind of help reconnect.
Speaker 2: I think that's great. Just so you like talk to her and seen her like every day since then.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, I mean we were definitely like integrated in each other's lives again. And yeah, it feels good. I feel really good, really happy.
Speaker 2: I'm happy to hear that. Yeah, well, thanks for letting us catch up. I was it was a great love story. You know. Sometimes what is it You got to break up to make up, and people do get back together all the time when they realize, hey, I had a good thing. Oh justin thanks for talking to us, and good luck. Say hello to Danielle for us.
Speaker 11: Oh will, Thanks guys.
Speaker 2: I don't know that we've ever had a war of the roses that ended that way ever. I mean we've had ones that there it's like a turn out that it's like, oh, he wasn't cheating, and it was all a big misunderstanding or whatever, but never had one quite like that in the history of War of the Roses.
Speaker 4: Isn't it exciting to help a couple like get together and not breaking one up one for one?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was nice.
Speaker 4: It was It was a nightstand.
Speaker 2: That's what we want, right exactly? All right, it's KATWB. We are now seven minutes away from the next to Brinda Carpenter keyword, keep your radio on for another seven minutes. You can use that keyword and try to enter to win that trip to Los Angeles. But speaking of couples, get a little update here. Vaunt and Alyssa are not They're not speaking to each other right now. I'm in the doghouse, guy, what's going on?
Speaker 5: What's happened? So Alyssa, my girlfriend, God bless her soul, had been talking to me for months because she wanted us to go.
Speaker 2: To going to church, right and notither of.
Speaker 5: Us are like overly religious people, but we believe what we believe, and she thought it'd be good way for us to make friends. Now, I always told Alyssa that I'd be down, but I'm not committing to anything like going every Sunday or going to this service on Bible study. Whatever I grew up in church, I'm not against it, but there was a phase in my life where I was kind of like forced or coerced to go every single week. And I don't like that because church shouldn't be like that, right. So well, fast forward to this past weekend. She says, Oh, don't forget, you're going to church for me on Sunday, and I go.
Speaker 2: We'll see.
Speaker 5: Did that constantly up until this Sunday. So Sunday morning she's like, oh, so you're going. Now I'm frustrated because I've told you, please, don't make it a thing that I have to go, have to go, have to go, have to go.
Speaker 2: That's what I don't want.
Speaker 5: And she got upset because she was like, well, this is something we've been talking about, and I should have just told her I'm not going.
Speaker 2: It is what she said.
Speaker 5: I still think if I said I'm not going, she would have been upset. So there was no way for me to win in this situation. But now she's mad at me.
Speaker 2: You led her on, though I think you led her on. I'm kind of on a Lista's side. I love you, but I'm kind of on a Lista's side, it sounds like you kind of let her on, Yeah, I'm going to church, going to church, and then you're like, nah, and you didn't go, did you? I did end up going.
Speaker 5: You did because she was upset, and I told her that I'd be down, but just don't push push push, And because she kept push, push push, that's why eventually I was like, eh, probably not because you did exactly what I asked you not to do, Like.
Speaker 2: I'm cool to go with you. But I feel like that answer should have been enough. Was she pushing you or was she just like reminding you? A little bit of both.
Speaker 5: I think it was a little bit of both, because, like I said, I told her from the beginning, i'd be down, but just please don't make it the thing, and she kept saying, so you're going, so you're going, so you're going. She's just double checking, triple checking. But I don't feel like I could have just straight up said I think the only answer she would have been content with was yes, and I wasn't giving her that.
Speaker 6: I don't know that.
Speaker 4: I don't understand why it's hard to say no just your partner sometimes, but I get that. I think that it as me personally. I would rather just someone say no, I don't want to do this.
Speaker 5: But she wouldn't have been happy with that either. She still would have been mad because she wants me to go.
Speaker 2: It sounds like you said yes to play hate her, but you didn't really mean it.
Speaker 5: No, not necessarily. Originally I said yes, I'm down, just please don't push it on me. And then, as you know, actual appointment was getting ready to be set this past Sunday, I said, we'll see, we'll see, we'll see.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I never concrete said yes or no. Well that's annoying. I say, concrete, when you got the church, did you pout and did.
Speaker 7: You like, you know, like I'm not standing to pray?
Speaker 2: No, that wasn't me.
Speaker 5: You didn't, Okay, I went because I In some cases I'm learning that it's do you want to be right or do you want to be happy?
Speaker 2: Is what I'm learning. Are you a debtors or a trespass? Is kind of a guy. I don't even know what that means. Oh, we're debtors in mind? Yeah, what does that mean? Forgive our debtors as we forgive those who debt against as we forgive our debtors, or trespassers, trespass against this as a mouthful. See that whenever I always said, forgive our debtors, and we forget the debt or debt or whatever it is, okay. And then so I went to Catholic church. In the Catholics, you know, they're first of all, they're standing up and down the whole time. I got bad knees. Yeah, and they're like, they say trespasses. I said, what they say, uh huh. And the girl next to me is Mary, because every Catholic is named some form of Mary, Mary, Kay, Mary, Ann, Mary Lynn, Mary, Sue, Mary, Mary, Mary, Mary Mary so and she's like, oh, they said trespasses, And I'm like, what is that? Anyway, what were you saying? I just if you feel like I let her on, that's fine.
Speaker 5: But I also feel like she wouldn't have been content with any answer except for yes, I'm going. And again that was what I didn't want in the beginning.
Speaker 2: So now I'm in the dog house, even though I still ended up going. Let me ask you a question. Let me say, if you guys decided to go to Sneaker Khan, you want to go to Sneaker Khan, it's coming to Minneapolis on whatever, ye and so here it is and she's like, yeah, I'll go, but just don't pressure me to go. And now it's like the morning the Sneaker Con and you're like, are you going to Sneaker Khan? You said you would, and she's like, boh not if you pressure me to. How would you feel if she didn't end up going?
Speaker 5: Probably pissed, but then she I still went to church with her, though, so you have something that can still be upset about.
Speaker 2: You did it cranky though, I feel like I get what you're saying.
Speaker 3: My ex would He did not like to go do anything, and so when I would convince him to come with me to something, he would.
Speaker 2: Pout the entire time, and then I would regret.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So then I would stop asking him to do anything with me, and then he'd be like, you're never here.
Speaker 2: I'm fine with.
Speaker 5: Everything that I was wrong in like, and I guess leading her on. I just want her to also understand that the same way that I said, sure, I'm down, but don't pressure me, she kept pressuring me. So the same way you want me to be straight up and say yes or no, also listen to what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I think she was just reminding you. She was saying, Hey, you've got a plan for Sunday morning. Don't forget your plan for Sunday morning. I have to do that with my sister, shout out Madison. I'll be like, hey, you've got this thing on your calendar. Please don't forget it. Hello, don't forget this thing that you have. Hello me again, don't forget this thing. So, I don't know if she was pressuring you, she was just reminding you that you said you would go.
Speaker 2: Well, let me read this text message. Somebody says, uh oh.
Speaker 5: If she was going to be mad either way, then you could have at least heard on the air on the side of being honest earlier on and not stringing her along and hopefulness all week out of respect. Imagine her thoughts and her anxiety. Is he gonna come? Is he gonna come?
Speaker 2: Look at that? I think he's great. You're going to church. Number one. I love that for a young couple to go to church. I think that's awesome. Number two, Are you gonna go on Sunday this Sunday? Yeah, we'll see. I can imagine you walking in and your pastor like looking like young people. Oh, churches love young people. You know, my god good piece of communion brand.
Speaker 5: Yeah, text messages On the other side, Why does it need to be a concrete yes or no. Why can't you just say yes, I'll go and go on your own terms. And that's kind of how I looked at it. Maybe I should have been more direct, but I said yes, just don't pressure me, meaning like, I will go, but that doesn't have to be every Sunday.
Speaker 2: I don't know. But now I'm in the doghouse for it, so can't go during Viking season because the Vikings are on.
Speaker 5: I was so happy that they won. The other day I was looking for my dad and he was watching it and he was like. I was like, they're losing, right, He was like no. I was like, you're kidding, right, He was like no, you yeah.
Speaker 2: I remember we would go to church every Sunday and then one year we were on way to the church and I remember I had bets on the Vikings game, or I hadn't placed bets on the Vikings game, so I had to turn around to come home, and then we decided not to go. And that is Vont's church stories. Sorry Dave, Ryan show one on one point three kd WB. All right, let's get on with the dirt before we do group therapy. We've got a group therapy coming up in a second that is like really like dicey and scandalous, and it's I'm honestly amazed that she would go be on the radio because it is one of those things where it's like, I don't know if that was my story that I would want it on the radio. So let's get on with Dave's dirt on kd WB. Sexiest Man Alive was announced last night on the Jimmy Fallon Show. Here's the announcement, Sexiest not a lot Jonathan in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: You just think I'm sort of thrilled that People magazine have invited someone in the study this honor on someone who.
Speaker 2: Can Yeah, yeah, yeah. So he was in Bridgerton, he was in Wicked for Good, and he was in some of the things right, Jurassic Park. He's in a lot of stuff and he is really hot.
Speaker 3: And if you don't know who Jonathan Bailey is, then you're doing a disservice to yourself.
Speaker 2: So look him up. And he's great, and I'm so glad that he won.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, yeah, if Carli ray Jebsen is pregnant.
Speaker 2: She got married like a week ago and now she's pregnant.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just had a secret wedding. She married music producer Cole mgn and they exchange vows one month ago in New York City. And then yesterday the couple of posts for their pregnancy announcement, and Carly is doing well.
Speaker 6: She's showing.
Speaker 4: She was obviously showing at their wedding. I guess is what they said. Yep, yeah, yeah she So she posted this phohoto and just said, oh hi baby.
Speaker 2: Apparently was the announcement. That's cute.
Speaker 3: Kelly Clarkson is feeling well enough to reschedule her Las Vegas residency. She had canceled a bunch of her summer shows after her ex husband died, and so now tickets are going on sale for the new dates, which are in August of next year. So August something eighth at fourteenth and fifteenth at Caesar's Palace for her studio sessions that she had canceled before. So I'm glad that she feels better to at least reschedule those.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Dick Cheney died. He was the Vice president. I believe under Bush. I'm sorry that I've kind of forgotten, but he was eighty four years old and he died. Just in the last twenty four hours or so. We just heard about that. One federal judge granted the request of Diddy for a fast track appeal, so he could be back in court as early as April to see whether he can get out on an appeal.
Speaker 4: So, Dakota Johnson and Chris Martin from Coldplay have been dating for quite a while, and apparently they're saying that Dakota Johnson is feeling a little bit jealous after reports of Chris Martin rebounded with Sophie Turner and I do want to correct myself.
Speaker 6: They were engaged, by.
Speaker 4: The way, So Dakota said that she or a rep for her so that she seems lighter and more at peace now. And Dakota has been slowly dating again and she's happy.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's take a trip.
Speaker 1: Chance to win a trip to Los Angeles to see Sabrina Carpenter at one of our sold out shows. Happens now on KDWB. Tump back the keyword busy, that's busy on our iHeartRadio app Okay, that is the win.
Speaker 2: That trip to see Sabrina Carpenter in Los Angeles. So I know you've heard us do it before. Don't lose sight of the fact that, yes, you've done a dozen times, but do it again because it is a cool trip, probably your best trip of the year unless you went to Rome. If you went to Rome, then maybe it's a different story. Paris a little bit, which one would be the mas right, But this is a really cool trip to go to La see Sabrina Carpenter in concert from KTWB. Keyword is busy.
Speaker 10: Show.
Speaker 2: We had an email just yesterday and we actually pushed this one to the front of the stack because we thought you might want to have some answers sooner rather than later. And so we call Bethany not her real name, and said, will you be on the show? And I'll be honest with you, I was surprised that she would be on the show. And it's not that you've done anything wrong. It's just a kind of an awkward email. Bethany, not your real name. The email is long ish, so if I can ask you to kind of shorten her up a little bit so we can help you out. Thanks for being on Bethany. What's going on?
Speaker 10: Hi, guys, good morning. Can you hear me? Okay, I hear you?
Speaker 2: Fine, beautiful, Okay, great.
Speaker 10: So long story shorts. I have two sisters. I'm the middle, and recently my older sister contacted me to tell me that she suspected that our father was not her biological father.
Speaker 2: What suspicion? What brought that on?
Speaker 10: So she did an online Dunite test. I won't say the company name, but just out of curiosity. I think she'd gotten it as a gift. And so online you can build a family tree and you can find relatives and things like that.
Speaker 2: So cutting to the chase, and I'm not trying to rush you along, but to keep it simple. You then took a test and found out she is not your full sister, which you've grown up and you're forty something years old or so. She is half sister, oh, meaning your dad is not her dad, which she'd spent forty years of her life thinking you have the all three you had the same dad.
Speaker 6: That's right, that's right shocking.
Speaker 10: So yeah, I mean it's it's been a couple of weeks now and we're still reeling from it. She of course is devastated. There's no question myself and my younger sister are my father's daughters. We look so much like him. Yeah, so we're just kind of just you know, the three of us know nobody else really does. And she's just going through it.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 10: I'm checking on every day and you know, trying to be encouraging and supportive.
Speaker 2: And I'm not going to be devastating to think that this guy who took you on camp outs and taught you how to put a worm on a fish hook and ride a bike and was there for you on chrisp whatever, that this guy as it was a great dad, but he's not your body. That's just got to be a weird thing. Yeah, and she probably feels does she's a mess? Does she feel deceived after forty two years of deception?
Speaker 10: I think so. I mean I certainly do. But we also wonder if they don't know.
Speaker 3: Right, That's what I was thinking, doesn't know if her parents don't my parents, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well mom would have to have an inkling, wouldn't Mom has to have an inkling. She might think like, well it could be this guy, this guy, Sure it could, right, but she would have an inkling.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so running running through the scenarios. I mean, my parents were they dated in high school and they got pregnant around seventeen, and then got married at eighteen and had my sister shortly after. So now knowing that, you know, we've known this all of our lives. My mom got out of high school, my dad, you know, dropped out of college in order to start a family and raise my older sister. So, and this was in the early eighties. It's what you did. And I know that their parents were like, no, you're getting married.
Speaker 2: Yeah. That was kind of a thing back then. If you got somebody pregnant a lot of the time, it's like, oh, get married.
Speaker 10: Yeah yeah yeah. So so, you know, and I reminded her, you know that all of us, my younger sister and I and all of ours, we have beautiful families, and we're all very healthy and happy, and we have wonderful lives. All of us exist, and all of this is here now because of her, I mean, regardless of who her biological father is. They decided to get married and raise this family and build a family, and we had a really great childhood and we're all, you know, we're close. I mean everybody. Every family has their things, but so we have a great family dynamic. And her first thought was, I don't know if I want to bring this to them because what if they don't.
Speaker 2: Know what that's the thing. What if dad? There's so many possibilities. You mentioned this in your email. Basically you just turn your radio one. We're talking to somebody who is in her forty She's got three sisters. She's the middle sister. DNA test kind of just for fun, turned out that the oldest sister, not the caller, but the oldest sister's dad is not the dad of the other two girls. Nobody's known this. They're all about forty years old or so, and it's just kind of devastating, shocking, hurtful.
Speaker 4: Your question is he's not the dad just to clarify of the oldest scesster not the two girls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I probably said it wrong. So so your question is do what is your question? Do you approach mom? What do you want to ask?
Speaker 10: So so you know, my younger sister and my older sister, you know, they're like, how do we how do I how do I go to Mom with this? And my first thought was, I don't know that we should my parents, You know, they had a rough go of it the first few you know, first dozen years of marriage. You know, they were children themselves, raising a young family, and my dad worked three jobs, and you know, it was just it was tough. And you know, so now they're retired, they have these grandkids that they love so much. They're you know, living life. They're traveling and they're very happy. Yeah, and I worry that if you know, to mom cheated on my dad at seventeen, or went to a party and got dronger, something happened and she got pregnant by somebody else, and my dad doesn't.
Speaker 2: Know or well, And that's kind of what I'm thinking, is like your dad, there's so many scenarios. Your dad might know. He might know and decided, you know what, I love her. It might be mine. I don't know that they had DNA testing back then, so maybe he's like, I know, it could be this other guys, but it might be mine, and I love her. She could have been deceitful, she could have been made a big mistake. There's so many different things. The question is, I think, if I'm getting this right, is should you ask them or tell them that you know, right, Yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah, And so you know, and it's not my This isn't my dilemma. I'm trying to be as supportive to my sister as possible. What does she want to be my mind? Well, she she's it's eating her up. And that's the part where I feel this heartbroken for her, you know, like you said, Dave, she's having this existential moment of like, well, everything that I thought, you know isn't isn't right?
Speaker 2: Right? And side note, didn't you say her biological dad? You looked him up and he died years ago, a few years ago.
Speaker 10: Yeah, the man who we suspect is a biological father. Through this, you know, she had contacted some people in this family tree that she built online who she was a first cousin left. So this guy that they suspect is the guy. He died a few years ago.
Speaker 2: So there's no going back to this guy and kind of rekindling or whatever. So there's so much more we could talk about. But I think that my opinion is, because I'll be honest with you, I've talked about this before, there's always been a little bit of doubt because I did a deest it turned out that I'm twenty percent Asian, and I'd look nothing like my sisters and brother nothing. I look like my mama. But I know mom and dad had some troubles back around the time that I was around, and so there's always in speculation. Susan is certain that I am not my dad's son, very different than they have a look that is like no other look, and it is a very strong look through my entire like extended family. I don't have it. So Susan's like, yeah, but I my dad was such a good dad, and if he knew, he never treated like anything, I'm almost gonna cry. He never treated me like anything less than his son. So I know it's not your decision, but I would say, just for your sister to kind of leave it alone. I don't care to know the guy who was Asian that got my mom pregnant. And I'm exaggerating a little. I don't care. I don't want to know anything about him. He wasn't my dad. Yeah, dad was my dad, right, the guy who raised you as your dad.
Speaker 10: And I'm so proud of her that she's come to those revelations. She's you know, she'll call me, you know, because I keep saying if you need me, I'll come down, because she's she's about an hour's south of me, and you know, I'm like, you know, I'll talk this out with you, and she's like, no, I just want to be alone and process this, which I completely understand. But and I'm not trying to persuade her anyway. I just want to be supportive. But I do worry that. I mean, my parents, they're sixty five and they're they both are in heart beds. Let's be honest. I worry that what if she told them and they both dropped dead right there, you know?
Speaker 2: Or well what if what if they didn't have a lot of life left and they spent the last few years of their life kind of agonizing over that? So, okay, we and you and I could talk and talk, but I want to find out what people think. So let's read some text messages and get some phone calls. Let's start off with the phone calls. If you got a minute, Danielle, Danielle, Hello, I didn't just lose her. Are you still there?
Speaker 6: That's Bethany.
Speaker 10: Bethany.
Speaker 2: Oh, Bethany. Okay, who's Danielle? Oh? That was the reunited Okay, I got it. I got it. Okay, Bethany, sit tight, here we go. We got some phone calls. Bethany, here we go. Let's go to Gabby. Gabby, we've been really windy today and it's mostly my fault. So if you can keep it kind of short, what would you tell Bethany that she should do.
Speaker 8: I did reach out to my father I found out at twenty six years old, and I before I did the DNA test, I reached out to the man that raised me and told him about it. He did have speculation, so they both know now. And then I reached out to my biological father and wasn't unable to meet him, but sibling wise and father wise, it it all. The connection still stayed the same. My father is still my father who raised me. He's a genuine man, and all my siblings still have a very strong connection, so it didn't change that way. But deep down, I did really want to know who mylogical family is. And I have half siblings that live in the same town as me. I don't know just yet of even about me, and so I'm working on that and working on writing letters to them to just let them know I'm here and if they want any kind of relationship either way, I'm fine, but it definitely was a whirlwind and it put a lot of therapy that.
Speaker 2: See, I wouldn't want to know any of my half sibling step siblings whatever, I don't. They don't exist to me, you know what I mean? If they are, you're right, but that's just me for sure, Jordan, you what would you suggest to Bethany.
Speaker 12: So this happened to me and my brothers and how it all went down as my dad basically got upset with my mom and filled the beans they've been divorced for years and years. And what my brothers and I did is we actually went and spoke to my mom about it and just brought the situation up and at the end of everything, emotions were high, things were crazy. The biggest part throughout the whole experience was to make sure that the person who was affected in this case, my little brother, knew that no matter what happened, it didn't change the way anybody thought of them. And look at the weird silver lining in the whole thing that although my dad wasn't his biological dad, he still did every single thing he did for my older brother and I, for my little brother, making him feel that sense of inclusion.
Speaker 2: So that was my experience too, because I got probably treated a little bit better than because I was the baby, I probably got treated better than some of the siblings. So yeah, that was my experience too, Thank you, Jordan. So what do we want to wrap up with? What should she do? Should she encourage be supportive of whatever your sister wants to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think a lot of the text messages that we're getting is to say, if you want to mention it to anybody, you have to mention it to mom first.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because if it's the plan, Yeah, if.
Speaker 3: It's eating up your sister, it might be eating up your parents or at least the mom. So like talk to mom alone before anyone else. And some people do make some really good points about like medical reasons that you would want to know who your dad is in case there is some kind of condition that runs in his side of the family.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's My sister actually made that comment as well, because she's got an immune disease that she's been dealing with. So yeah, it's just yeah, my my biggest concern was, you know, if we just if she does go forward with it, that she meets with mom alone and you know they both have a mental breakdown. But you know, because my dad, while my mom you know, can give answers, my dad might not be able to right.
Speaker 2: And that's that's the thing is nobody knows for sure.
Speaker 10: You know what, maybe you want to protect my dad here because he did do the right thing. I mean, he's a wonderful dad and he treated us all the same with love, and he's a wonderful man. So I would hate for this to, you know, destroy our family.
Speaker 2: I'm glad what I don't think it would. I'm glad you called in. I think that there's so many different options and none of them is perfect and none of them is wrong. So you know what, I'd say, be supportive of her sister because it is something you're like, you're, you know, secondary dealing with it, but she's the one who's really dealing with it. Hey, I hope we helped you, Bethany. Thanks for calling in or thanks for letting us put you on the radio. Yeah, she wrote in, And like I said, I wasn't sure she'd want to be on the radio, but she did. I've got a group therapy. We'd love to help you out. Somebody listening has been through the exact same thing. Send that into a Ryan Show at KDWBT dot com. Never more than thirty minutes away from another keyword. That keyword is gonna get you that trip of the year to Sabrina Carpenter in Los Angeles, airfare, hotel, tickets for the show, and we will do that coming up with another fifteen minutes. I'm katiewb It is your friend BoNT with stirring the pot. But are we doing our twist today? Yeah, Vannie is stirring nothing. I tap passed the baton or the ladle or the whisk over to you.
Speaker 3: David.
Speaker 2: You're gonna stir the pot today. I get to stir the pot today every day this week, you guys are gonna take the start. The teachers should be able to spank kids, all right, I said it. This is old kids say need I let me tell you something. The teachers should be able to spank kids because a lot of the time the kids are the little a holes at school and the teachers are like, so what does a teacher do? She calls little Jimmy's mom and says, yeah, old Jimmy brought firecrackers into school and he was throwing them at me during class. Be my little Jimmy would never do that, he's a little angel. So the parents then they get mad because now the teacher is like, oh, being accused of harassing little Jimmy. This happened in my family. There's one person in my family who is he can be a little brat at school. He claims that the teacher will just look at him and send him to the office for no reason whatsoever the case, and I'm like, that is never the case. But I think sometimes the mom believes, yeah, that teacher's got a thing out for him, so she'll look at him and say, for no reason whatsoever, go to the office. I say teachers should be able to like say, okay, I got a paddle up here. You see this paddle, it's like a pickleball paddle. They should be able to spank kids and get them kids in line, so they're paying attention, not worried about whether they're like, oh, I don't know this, or that he'd turn them over your knee and give him a good paddling. Okay, they'll listen because they're fearful. That is exactly right. Yes, what a wonderful way. You don't have to paddle every kid if the kid is you know. You used one kid, Jimmy as an example. You paddle Jimmy and say anybody else want this, They'll be like, no, Miss Johnson, you said an example as a kid.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna be honest. I just don't think spanking really works these days anymore. Mine.
Speaker 6: If you gets spankings all the time, he's numb to it.
Speaker 4: Another one, my sister doesn't even try to spank like whatever.
Speaker 5: See, but I think that's different. It's your parents, so you expect your parents to discipline you. Your teacher, you're not expecting that. So if miss mss Rogers gives you a little you'll probably start acting right.
Speaker 2: Teach you how to count one, No, three, four, five? What?
Speaker 4: We didn't even have spankings when I was growing up, did you being No.
Speaker 2: I did not. Of course you did. There was a refrigerator box in our classroom in first grade. Because my job was to be a little a hole, so I figured out if I climbed up on top of a chair and then somebody's on their shoulders or something, I could get into the top of the refrigerator box. Now, the teacher wasn't looking when I did it, but when I fell down ten feet into the refrigerator box, she heard the big thump ten feet. Oh however, tall refrigerator.
Speaker 3: Oh dunk school you're going to there's a refrigerator box in the classroom.
Speaker 2: Good, we were hay seed. So anyway, she hears a big her thump. Miss Plumba comes over. She's pissed. I knew better than to get and she poured me out of the box like a kid being poured out of a box of cereal. And she spanked me, and I deserved it.
Speaker 5: I love how many people are texting agreeing that teachers, damn, teacher should number one, they should wear body cams.
Speaker 2: Number two, they should be able to spank kids earlier they were.
Speaker 5: People were pressed texting in that teacher should dress more appropriately, but we should just spank kids.
Speaker 2: Where's the way it makes sense?
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Spanked in brats. Spanked in brats, your.
Speaker 6: Political violin solves.
Speaker 2: It's not violence. It's called discipline.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't think it's I don't think they should spank all the time, but I do think you said one good example.
Speaker 2: I bet you that kid won't act up.
Speaker 4: I don't have fond memories in my gram but because all he ever did was threatened to spank us, I honestly like, do you.
Speaker 2: I just don't think the way there's a difference between having the eternal threat of like, you know, unnecessary. But if the kid knows you got a wooden spoon hanging on the wall behind you, next to the globe, and you're gonna like paddle ass if they act up, that kid's gonna be a good kid.
Speaker 10: That kids Johnson.
Speaker 3: I think that's a weird expectation to put on teachers though, because like if I was a teacher and my principal was like, Okay, when tim decides to act up, you're gonna spank them, I'll be like, that's weird because even touching a kid now, But.
Speaker 5: It's only weird because because it's not normal right now. If we made it normal, teachers would definitely take advantage.
Speaker 4: But like just touching kids in general, like as a tear, is not allowed anymore.
Speaker 2: So then can you imagine the problem of the problem.
Speaker 5: I've always said it takes one good ace whooping to set somebody straight that don't even that, not even just teachers get the bus.
Speaker 4: It's still a little s And he gets lots of ace whooping.
Speaker 2: But does he get them from? Like what does he get in fights at school?
Speaker 4: No, he's an angel at school, but at home he does whatever he wants.
Speaker 2: To go ahead.
Speaker 5: I even think that at school, like you can tell which kids get in fights and which kids get ace whoopings at home too, because there's some of them are spoiled.
Speaker 9: Bro.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, the mouth off the teacher. A lot of teachers listen to the show. Here's a Texas says, as a teacher, I love the idea as someone who is very again spanking absolutely not. But another one juan Nita says, give them kids an ass whooping. Yeah, And I'm like you, each teacher should get one spanking they can give out per year, just like everybody at work should get one punch that they can give somebody per year.
Speaker 4: And I work in HR Okay, I don't disagree with that. I actually think I'm all for that. Give give me your face punch. Oh we all know who I punched. Give me your face, Oh.
Speaker 2: Dave, you wind it up.
Speaker 6: No, it's definitely Dave, because let me tell you something.
Speaker 13: What did I not predict, yes, when we were show planning yesterday, that I would get a text from Dave asking him to remind him who he was in charge of for a political ad bit we're doing later, I said, and I ask God forbid. I cover my bases, actually said to you, I said, Dave, were you listening? Yeah, okay, who are you doing your political ad with?
Speaker 2: I wanted to make sure.
Speaker 4: And then at six thirty pm, Jenny, who am I doing my political ad with?
Speaker 2: That's exactly what happened. So, yeah, I want to punch it. You look at my face, this very punchable face.
Speaker 9: It is.
Speaker 2: I got one of those faces that just says, you know why I need good punching.
Speaker 3: Yeah, your face would like accept my knuckles.
Speaker 2: Wind it up anyway. So there it is. You want to stir the pot? There it is? The pot is stirred. Bailey? How Bailey and I have to next? Yes?
Speaker 5: So every day this week, Galler reponsible for starting the pot. Okay, Bailey, you go next tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Okay, we can go next. Okay, save her for Thursday. Sounds good, alright, day Thursday, pot. I love it