Speaker 1: The News Junkie starts now. It is Thursday, August sixth, twenty twenty six. Lots to get to today from news bombshells on the way to fans freak out over Grand theft, Autos, new trailer, and a shocking update on the clown doorbell horror story, plus your calls, dispatches, emails, text, Sam more Sea Lane is here. Hello, so are you? You can join us on the show. All you have to do is send us a dispatch. Go to Thenewsjunkie dot com hit record on your first dispatch today. You can also watch the show on YouTube and twitch dot tv. Slash the News Junkie. Your message is rolling right at the studio in real time. Hows everybody doing on?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Ens third? What day?
Speaker 3: Thursday?
Speaker 1: Today's thirday? Is good? I'm doing good?
Speaker 4: Her?
Speaker 1: Are you? I was better until I screwed that up. Well that's good, right, that's good news, fantastic news.
Speaker 5: It means we have secret shows tonight, which I'm super pumped about. Yeah, and it just means that the week is that much closer to being over.
Speaker 1: I'm a little scared for tonight because we're getting down into the dangers out here. And Courtney is preparing us for a future where we have to stockpile all of our THHD drinks to get some sleep. Oh so she's she's switching over from the nowadays to like the shot version.
Speaker 6: So we got it, Like, I don't know about this.
Speaker 5: So there's another thing that I saw that I wanted to tell you about. There there was a dude that I follow on Instagram and he's making them at home. His whole well, his whole thing is he makes mead, which is obviously wine that's made from what seewn.
Speaker 1: Mead is wine that's made from beer, honey, honey wine, it's made from beer.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It seemed like a thing like you would get at a Renaissance fair, Like, how's the mead? Is you swilling back on the mead? Friend? Wine that's made from beer? Is you could do that?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 5: It's like a taco that's made from burgers. I don't even know if that's correct. But let me tell you something. I can make a taco out of burger's given enough time. Right, So then that was a completely wrong analogy. Anyway, mead is wine that's made from honey. Okay, all right? And but he does all these like experiments on what's going to ferment. He did like a mountain dew mead once. He'd like his whole thing about going viral and getting people to watch his channel as all these weird experiments that he does. And so naturally he's moved on to trying to make a THHC infused need a weed mead, a weed meat, if you will.
Speaker 1: And he got some sort of like gallon jug of syrup, like like concentrate syrup that I think if you were able to get your hands on a couple of these, stockpile that and then you could just adds what I need at a tablespoon to like soda water. Okay, you just you just ratchet it up. So you're saying, instead of trying to stockpile when they ban the THHC drinks the Seltzer's, which is stupid, and instead of moving over to try to stockpile the shots, which is also kind of stupid, the shots more stupid. But yeah, this syrup is like stockpiling Coca cola syrup to turn it into you know, yum wow.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I think maybe that might be your your your okay, your answer, I'll write that down.
Speaker 1: I'll file that down, or I'll just keep pushing this senator to keep going with the bill to save the THHC drinks. We're gonna probably talk to him at some point in time. Right now, let's put our ears the ground, our fingers on the pulselet's see what's happening to this great, big, wide world of ours.
Speaker 6: And here we go.
Speaker 1: We go to QVC. They just made a bit of a mistake over there, so they're popping up as our opening clip this morning. Have you heard what happened on QVC her house?
Speaker 5: Honestly, whenever somebody says QVC, my first question is are they still yep?
Speaker 1: Here's what happened on QVC. Let's tune in.
Speaker 7: Love to show the texture and this wave pattern again. It looks like you went and got a blow a blowout at your salon.
Speaker 1: And keep it together, lady. Now I have to tell you something. There's there's a couple of things of note here on this QVC banger clip. All right, you're gonna be seeing this all over your social media as in a bit, but there's a couple of things to note. This woman is showing off her hair. It's a wig. I guess she's showing off the wig one one time only price ninety eight btw or four easy payments at thirty two to fifty. She's showing the wig, so she has the benefit of saying this onety bucks.
Speaker 8: Right now.
Speaker 1: She has her head turned backward to the camera because she's showing out the back of the wig, but the other lady who's next to her is facing forward. So when she drops that little mistake.
Speaker 7: I love to show the texture and this wave pattern again. It looks like you went and got a blow at your blowout at your salon.
Speaker 2: And.
Speaker 1: Somebody whispered, oh my god. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know if that was the other lady, but somebody's like I think it was the other lady. That would have been that would have been a very quick switch between your presenter voice to whispering then back to your voice. I don't even know if I can go you.
Speaker 1: Just went to your salon, Oh my god, and it's doable. But I think it was the other lady. I do that in my head. That's what happens in my head generally. But she's whispering, oh my god, your salon, and.
Speaker 9: Maybe it was her, so here's what's happening today.
Speaker 8: We're having a huge beauty sale. Everything ships to you for free. But that is.
Speaker 5: Her refusing to face the camera right now because she's staying backwards. She's a shade of red. She's already has her back to the camera. Why change that while we're while we're trying to recover from that epic mistake?
Speaker 1: Uh. Sometimes I wonder do these QBC ladies make the bloopers on purpose, because that's when they get a little bit of attention and they're like, Okay, when the deal of the day comes up, make sure you say something really weird, like you know, say, uh, blue waffle or I don't, I don't know, something so strange enough that it could go viral, right, I don't think so. I just think that like they have all this time where they're just like live, and I don't know that they at least drifted to right and back in the day. I don't even think they had the kind of systems at QVC where you could, you know, take a segment that you did live and then kind of like the news does this where you're you're just replaying some stuff to fill time or give the people a break. Like I think back in the day, those people didn't have a whole lot of like break time. It was just like you're on, just go, you know. And then yeah, they used to say that the test that they would do for the Sea Lane would be like they'd give you a pencil and you got to sell the pencil. You gotta talk about it for fifteen minutes. So it's like what you're saying, It's like, I could do that. Yeah, I've heard pencil, I've heard you selling pencils. There you go. That's QVC making a bit of a mistake this morning, and to God bless them for her.
Speaker 5: And what was also a little bit hilarious is, you know, obviously the thing that she mentioned so something that messes up your hair a bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it didn't make sense because she said, you know, BJ but what it like when you're using a blow dryer on you hair. I just you know. The runner up I had was some guy accidentally calling Fox News Sean Hannity, the host Sean Hannity by the wrong name, like just starting out the interview.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't know.
Speaker 1: I did go back to like Hannity and Combs, but he did.
Speaker 10: This nominee for Pennsylvania's third congressional district. Chris Rab joins us, Now, Chris, appreciate you coming.
Speaker 11: Let me just go through. My name is not Scott. My name is Sean, but that's okay.
Speaker 1: Apologies, but I don't know. I don't watch a lot of Fox News. Scott, all right, I'm doing what I can over here. He when he when he realized it, this guy too, his eyes got about a big around his saucers. His eyes just blew up his thought. I thought his reaction was just just very mediocre.
Speaker 6: He was like, oh, all right, I'm sorry, watching real quick.
Speaker 10: Ready for Pennsylvania's third congressional district. U Rab joins us, now, Chris appreciate you coming.
Speaker 11: Let me just go through. My name is not Scott, my name is Sean, but that's okay.
Speaker 1: Eyes well, well, you know that's why you say big guy or chief or pow or yeah or sir going thank you for having me, sir. I don't know. I toss around sir to anybody.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I'll call the little kid sir if I if I feel like it's a better option whatever I got.
Speaker 5: I feel like Hannity and this guy aren't very aligned politically, no, so he's he's going to already have a predetermined kind of attitude about his name is Chris Rab. I think this guy, yeah, you got his name right, Democratic nominee Chris Well. It's an easy name of it, right, And so I feel like if Chris Rab was like, all right, thanks, big guy, I think Handy would have a.
Speaker 1: Problem with it.
Speaker 5: It would be just like the Don easy ps eleven squeezy, you know, he got pissed off with that.
Speaker 1: I don't know what's going on here to go a little deeper on this, because this guy who didn't know who Sean Hannity was and called him Scott is a Democratic Socialist so DSA backed candidate, right, he's one of the Democratic Socialist people. And I don't know why, but they're like in a line to show up on Fox News, like all of them are so willing to show up on Fox News. And Fox News is so clearly like farming these people out. Did you see the clip where the Fox News lady is like I'm gonna tell you these things and you tell me if you agree with him, yes or no? And she's like abolish the police and the lady's like yes. She's like you know, abolish the fourth of July.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like.
Speaker 1: That was I've made that one up, but just down fifty biggest fireworks, last one.
Speaker 6: And I'm like, why are the why are these people going?
Speaker 1: I thought everybody had their tribes and like the left wing people went on MS now or whatever, and the right when people went on Fox News. But no, no, that now they're like, they're going on Fox and they're just like unapologetically being like, yeah, I think we don't need any cops anymore.
Speaker 5: She's like uh yes or no, abolish Thanksgiving And then in the background you just hear Hong.
Speaker 1: Going yes, yes, yes, noah. Here look, here's what I'm talking about. Here's an example. This woman was the DSA national coachair, one of the Democratic Socialist coachairs, Megan Romer, and they invite her on Fox News and I guess you want to get your message out there or whatever, but you would imagine you would think I will be careful because the Fox newspeople they really disagree with this stuff. But the DSA people don't care, and the Fox newspeople are like, this will represent Democrats to everybody and that will be bad for the Democrats.
Speaker 6: Okay, So we're gonna.
Speaker 9: Put up on the screen a few of the things that are part of your platform, and I want to ask you just give me sort of a true false on these. Abolish the Senates true, okay, replace the presidents for the Supreme Court as we now know them, yep, abolish ice, absolutely, abolish borders, and give amnesty to anyone currently in the US illegally.
Speaker 6: As a long term plan.
Speaker 12: Yep.
Speaker 1: So clearly Fox is farming them, right, They're like, these people will admit to it, and they keep having them on, and then they don't even seem to know, Like that guy didn't even know who Sean Hannity was, for God's sake. It's so it's such a strange thing. And now they're like, oh, I'll take the interview, fund the Pentagon, Defund the Pentagon absolutely.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, prisons at least in large part death death.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, again that is.
Speaker 2: Part of a long term program.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a long term plan to completely get rid of prisons. But like you don't rush to judgment. It's long term, right, we get rid of crime and criminals and we eliminate bad people, and then you don't need any prisons. And then so this kind of stuff. They keep having them on and they keep accepting it. I don't know.
Speaker 6: Maybe they hope the clips go viral.
Speaker 1: I don't know what's going on there, but it keeps happening over and over and over again. We'll keep an eye on that situation, he says, as he does not intend to keep an eye on that situation.
Speaker 6: Well, no, we intend to keep an eye on it in the long term. Yeah, in the long term.
Speaker 1: That's some term. Plane term plan, long term plan. Everybody's rich, get rid get rid of prisons, no police officers, everybody gets ice cream. Everybody is a streamer, right, those are long term plans for everybody. That's what you're going to be doing. Meanwhile, the President of the United States, maybe or maybe not, almost got blasted out of the air by a chopper yesterday. I've got the FAA traffic on that. They said it was within that The Marine one, I think is what it's called when the president is on a helicopter. Marine one was like within a mile or less, maybe closer than that of some commercial plane. Can you imagine commercial plane just plows in to the Marine one helicopter with the president on it. I had Marine one just taken off because I'm pretty sure they clear airspace in a certain radius around anytime the presidents in the air. Like that's what I thought. Like, you know, if.
Speaker 5: You're trying to go out on vacation, and I'm sure this this happens, you know in South Florida quite a bit. You know, you're you want to go out on vacation and you want to fly out somewhere exotic. Yeah, and the president's trying to land at the at the airport that that's named after himself. Now, yeah, they're they're stopping, they're stopping everything.
Speaker 1: But I don't know, there's I'm seeing choppers crash into each other all over the place. I'm seeing FAA in those choppers. Yeah, up until now, but it got close. I've got the actual FAA audio and they said this was like a close call, almost wiped out Trump. This guy's ducking and diving, bobbing and weaving out there. But we we'll we'll see. Maybe this is an exaggerated I don't know. We'll take more of your dispatches. Those are coming in over the news. Jokie dot Com. I got believe it or not, Dad jokes, Gonna be careful about those, but we'll work them in. And also you're emails to get us kicked off. Here a lot to work in on a Thursday, so stay with us. That's coming up next on The News Junkie. You can always email tips tips at the Newsjunkie dot com. We're gonna get to this audio of the close call between Trump's chopper, which is Marine one, his helicopter, and a passenger plane. I'm gonna play the audio, the air traffic control audio for you in just a second. We'll see how dangerous this was or if it's being overblown and overhyped. But I wanted to work this in real quick to see if people thought this was some sort of good idea, because to me, God Almighty, does this seem pretty pretty stupid. This is a story out of New Mexico, and they have said I had not heard about this, but they had said that there is a shortage of lawyers in New Mexico, and they just passed a new law that makes it so you no longer have to pass the bar to be an attorney in New Mexico. So if you just work at an attorney's office for X number of hours, you now in New Mexico. You just become an attorney.
Speaker 6: So that's where Kim Kardashian has an in.
Speaker 1: Now, yes, you might have to go there, because you go and you don't have to take the bar at all. You just you pass. You just you work with another legal expert and if you do enough hours like check check check check, now you're an attorney. And I thought, like, we don't. We don't accept that for literally anything else. You know, some things. We need to make sure you have some level of expertise that pans out in the test. Why would you not have? Like are you worried about people not not speaking the language of the test?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: What even would this be for? Who on earth wants an attorney? You're like, did you pass the bar? Nah? That was way too hard. No, no, no, no no. I just went to New Mexico. I just went to Mexico and I worked with some guy for a little while. It's giving really big Better Call Solve vibes.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean, considering that happen in New Mexico, Yeah, I did it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So they're literally they're they're turning Better Call Saul for the Breaking Bad Universe into their real life. Somebody says OJT program. Yeah, like on the job training, but you never have to pass the test.
Speaker 6: The thing about this.
Speaker 1: That's important to remember, folks before I get onto this marine one audio with Trump is that being a legal professional is very, very different than many other jobs. You have to, and I mean have to know the history. You have to know the history of cases. You have to know how to win a case, how to use other established cases to win your case, and to convince the judge. You have to know these things, which are the things that you're questioned about when you are taking the bar exam. Which is why it's not that easy. It requires a lot of memory and a lot of problem solving abilities that most people don't have. But we need really good attorneys. Why because one of the key parts of the United States of America and our system is that hopefully we all get a fair shot and hopefully if somebody accuses you of something you didn't do, you have a competent person to represent you in court. That's why we want them to pass a test before they become attorneys. But I put this on our list from oh, I have to see what our attorney motive it thinks about this, whether he thinks that's just not just off to New Mexico. He's like, I'm out of here. I mean, if you.
Speaker 5: Think about it, having this as a thing for New Mexico and telling the general public that, hey, your attorney doesn't need to have passed the bar to practice in the state, I even could attract actual bar passing attorneys to the state, like Moses could go there.
Speaker 1: Listen, I have passed the bar. Right, that is no longer the bar.
Speaker 5: Imagine, this is no longer the barrier to entry to practice law in this state. But if you want somebody who actually has done the work, you just call them.
Speaker 1: Oh it's crazy, man, but that's what they're doing over there.
Speaker 6: Let us know. Maybe you think that's a good idea.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Maybe there's some like wild libertarian front that thinks, like, no, this is actually good. We're we're gatekeeping attorneys too much, were gate like, I mean, gatekeeping is bad in many ways, but in this way, I think, you know, we need people to be smart and know the law. Let us know what you think. Send a dispatch over at the newsjunkie dot com. All right, here's Fox with the close call between the President's helicopter, which is Marine one and a commercial flight, like somebody just flying along on let's say, like a Southwestern Jet Blue flight. You're going to your destination, You're going to Dulls or whatever, and then you almost crash in to the helicopter of the President of the United States of America, which would have been absolutely catastrophic for some of you, and then some of you would have like hurt your ankles celebrating and stuff. That's where we're at. But here we got let's see what happened here.
Speaker 13: Marine one took off from the White House grounds with the President on board, but air traffic controllers had not stopped traffic at nearby Reagan National Airport. You can hear the pilot talking to air traffic control.
Speaker 1: Isn't here the traffic birthday off on one?
Speaker 14: You wont seventy traffic.
Speaker 1: Military? The leg all right, pretty cut and dry there, they said, Marine one preceding is briefed, and then they said you got traffic rotating off runway one. Marine on said visual traffic, meaning he was able to actually physically see the plane that was coming off of the tarmac off the runway. And then they said, oh, we're going to do a mandatory delay, so they had to like actually delay their journey a little bit so that they didn't run into a passenger jet and cause an absolute catastrophe.
Speaker 6: But I mean in the video that they showed, they weren't super close.
Speaker 1: I think close by by our standards and close by like because think about how fast the plane's go and how flat fast marine one's going right right, then they're going pretty quickly. Their maneuverability, you know, to avoid each other is not always especially since one of them looked like it was taking off. Yeah, you can't just swerve while you're taking off. That could be catastrophe, no unless you Yeah, okay, here they are. So the plane is is It looks pretty far up in the air. But yeah, I mean, I don't know. They just said it is too close for comfort.
Speaker 5: I guess I think it's pretty far up in the air, not for aviation standards, but for the president is in one of these vehicles.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, I mean, so if there was somebody trying to do something the farious, then here you go. Let's see what else they said.
Speaker 13: The FAA says, despite this violation, it was not a close call. Federal aviation rules require aircraft to stay separated by at least one and a half miles horizontally and five hundred feet vertically. The paths although further than one we're not converging, and the President was never in danger. Tracking data shows Marine one left the White House at two thirty three pm eastern bound for Joint Base Andrews, and about a minute later, an American Airlines flight operated by Envoy Air took off for Florida. A White House spokesperson says, quote, Marine one flights are piloted by some of the best aviators in the world, and at no point was the President in harm's way.
Speaker 1: All right, so they're saying, look, not that big of a deal. Everything was fine here. They weren't as close as people are thinking. Calm down, we'll see what you think. John on Tnjchat says, I'm a libertarian. I would never want an attorney to represent me that is not qualified. We're against the government doing a lot of things because of how incompetent they are. Love wasting our money. Yeah, I mean, I know there's an idea amongst some libertarian types where they'll be like, hey, the market will sort it out, and some of that makes sense. So let's say, if you want to say it's ridiculous that somebody who cuts hay, you know, like a hair salon, has to get a license and pay for and maintain a license, I would say, yeah, I could probably agree with that. I think that that dates back to times when barbers were doing far more than they do in modern times, and we don't need to really gate keep on people who do haircuts, and the marketplace will work itself out. If people suck at giving haircuts, you won't go there anymore. They'll get bad reviews and nobody will pay money. But with like pilots and with like attorneys, I don't want to sort that out.
Speaker 5: And with that, I think with the haircut thing, the thing that got me was not just that they do the licensing process and making sure you're up to code on your license and all that, but the like deep investigations of unlicensed hair cut places, unlicensed barbershops, where like our local version of the FBI, which is the MBI, used.
Speaker 1: To have these intense stings.
Speaker 6: They took a bus.
Speaker 5: You would have thought they were getting just truckloads of drugs out of these places. They were doing bus on unlicensed barber shops and shop that had unlicensed people charging the cut hair.
Speaker 1: When I see this stuff, and even and I know this would be a little more controversial, say for maybe with the libertarian folks. When I see these kind of bus and I see busts on like prostitution with like escorts and stuff, I think, why don't you do a raid of all the areas with gang activity?
Speaker 3: Huh?
Speaker 1: Why don't you go into like the worst neighborhoods in town with all the worst gang activity everywhere, wanted criminals all over the streets. Why don't you like prepare for a month and give operation kill the gangster and go in and pop off a couple of those guys. To me, that's just resources better spent. But what do I know.
Speaker 5: I mean, the bus were in bad areas of town, in bad neighborhoods, but they weren't for I don't know if there was any gang related stuff. It was a lo lot of or, at least according to them, unlicensed barbershops. Which also, you know, it gave me a cause to worry because, as you know, I have a close family member who got an illegal haircut during COVID. There was not supposed to be haircuttery.
Speaker 1: Going unbelievable, unbelievable Clandeston. Yeah, we should turn that person. Is the Have we passed the statute of limitations? Or can we arrest all the COVID haircut people? Now? I think we're fine. I don't think there's any need for that. Is there anybody? Do the DSA people run on that like we want to go back and round up the COVID haircut people? Yes, yes, yes we do. Absolutely. I never know, but we want to hear from you today on the show. You can join us. It's very easy to do. Here are two main ways. One we have something called dispatches, and you can record an audio or video dispatch and join us on the show audio and video because some people are watching over on YouTube dot com. Slash the News Junkie the other way, and maybe this is good for you. If you would like to email the show, you can't do that to tips tips at the Newsjunkie dot com. Remember, if you put anonymous on top of your email, I won't yap about your name and your job and you know all the information that you put in there, because I know you probably want to be a little more tight lipped about that. If you were involved in let's say an undercover haircutting operation. Right, you were like way below the radar on that stuff. You could still chime in, So get in with a dispatch over on the newsjunkie dot com or an email. As I said to tips at thenewsjunkie dot com today, All right, let's.
Speaker 6: See a couple of emails real quick. Here we go.
Speaker 1: Hoover emails the show and he says about that dad who was protecting his daughter and shot the gun. I know that might be confusing if you don't know what sorry this is, so let me very quickly lay this out. There was a father that found out his eleven year old daughter had been messaging with a twenty year old man on TikTok, and then when they went through their eleven year old daughter's phone, they saw a video of the eleven year old being sexually assaulted by this twenty year old man. And the father the next day got on TikTok, pretended to be his eleven year old daughter and roped this guy in so that he went to visit their house. And when this guy came in the back door, he intended to confront him. He says he thought the twenty year old was reaching for a gun and so he started blasting and shot him a couple of times, and the father has been charged. Hoover is responding to that Sean on yesterday's show, Well, you were talking to Chat about giving that pedo the death penalty. Somebody asked in Chat what if a woman did this? What would they do? Then it got a raise for whatever reason. I thought it was a good question, and wonder what you thought if it was a woman, and why loser Chat deleted the question? You got some losers in chat Chat hardest hit. I mean, I'm going to stand up for Chat. I like these people who watch the show. I'm going to stand up for them. I think there's some good solid a Maria all right, I love them. I appreciate them. You apparently do not. But what if it was a woman? I mean I tried not to be hypocritical about things. If there was do you mean a woman with an eleven year old boy? Or do you mean what if it was a woman trying to trap somebody?
Speaker 5: I think it was I think a woman with an eleven year old boy.
Speaker 1: So if it was a twenty year old woman with an eleven year old I would feel exactly the same way. That's absolutely predatory abuse. We're not even talking about a split diff Like, Okay, she's twenty and he's seventeen. She's twenty and he's sixteen. Like we're talking about an eleven year old. That's a child, all right, that's literally pre pubescent. That's literally what the word pedo is for. So yeah, I mean I feel exactly the same about that. If somebody was to some woman comes over, who is being a predator like that on a child? I don't see why you should treat that any differently. It's every bit is disgusting, even though some people because of the perhaps the lack of the idea that the perpetrator is trading the other person, you know what I mean, it makes it seem less and you get high five to death jokes all over the place. If it's an eleven year old, I'm constant and I'm maintaining the same exact anger over those two situations. But thank you. Then why did you delete the chat thing? I don't like chat, all right, so I deleted them on Did.
Speaker 6: I cheer them? Boo boo chat?
Speaker 1: You'll never know which one's the real me. You'll never know which one is the real me. Somebody says, how do I use TTS on the app? That's text to speech. We make it so easy for you. You can record your voice, or you can type out a message and send it in somebody else's voice. Even Minor Sea leans on the TTS side of things. Hello, I just download the news Junkie app today. I wanted to try out the new text to speech option for dispatches. However, I'm not finding that I see audio, video, photo, or file. Here's the deal, he says, thank you so much love the show. Wiggle wiggle pop pop or I'm sorry he dor, I meant she dor, thank you very much for the email. I updated the android app. The android now has if you're a subscriber, this is a subscriber only feature. The android app has TTS as an option. When you click in dispatches on the Android app, you can send him. Before was only available on the website at the Newsjunki dot com iOS or iPhone users, the TTS dispatches are coming to you. I gotta wait for the approval of the app, so that's coming in just a bit. And finally, Derek says, Hey, their lads love the show. I listen every day I can. I listen on iHeart. A day later, we'll thank you, Derek. I just want to let you know that your show is skipping bad recently. It seems completely random, Sean or see them will be talking and then it will skip to another sentence randomly or completely op topic. Figured do you want to know keep up the work, ah, says Derek.
Speaker 2: Derek.
Speaker 1: My response is AH too. I don't know why that is happening. I've complained so much. I've complained so much. Nobody else at iHeart is complaining. I don't know why. It's insane that this is happening. I've complained to the company, I've complained to the provider that hosts the podcast. They tell me, oh, we can work this out, Sean, no big deal. All we need to know is what kind of shoes, what size shoes the user was wearing at the time of this happening. Did they have a hat on or not? Were they a man or a woman? Did they or what age were they? What Wi Fi were they on? What was the name of the exact Wi Fi network and their device ID? As if I could chell like hey when somebody says, hey, my podcast was skipping. I'm like, just please give me your device ID. Yeah, if you don't mind, I got to do a little trouble shooting with the folks. Give me your device ID, people give me their IP address. Sure, sure, sure, everybody's going to know how to do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: If you're having that problem, the only thing I could tell you is please either try to stomach through it, or if it becomes too much, go to the YouTube version of the show.
Speaker 6: It will not skip for you.
Speaker 1: You will find a completely workable version of the show there and that should be a lot of you. So that's always available at YouTube dot com. Slash the News Junkie quick Break. I'm going over a little bit, but we'll come back and we'll talk about people are freaking out about grand theft, Auto Baby, Oh my, what's the big surprise in the new release that just rolled out? Wait till you hear this. It's coming up next on the News Junkie. We got an update on a story that we talked about recently, and it just keeps getting crazier, just keeps getting weirder. We talked yesterday. I called it the scariest video in the world about this fifteen year old kid who's been arrested. Spad of arrests like this, By the way, a bunch of them. Spade of arrest like that means like a bunch of them to get a whole bunch of arrests across the country for the last several years of like fifteen year old murderers, thirteen year old, twelve year old, Like, you're murdering people as a kid, and that's so crazy to me. But now this kid, well we know more about what happened. This was the original clip that started the discussion. We talked about it on the show. And here was this young fifteen year old captured on somebody's doorbell camera wearing a clown costume and then he had like a you know, like a face covering or whatever, and he masked almost Bucklovarskue, Yeah, yeah, Like just you've see his eyeballs and he's wearing a clown suit and he comes up to somebody's front door.
Speaker 14: This is just a couple of days ago. I'm looking for you, is what it sounds like.
Speaker 6: He said there.
Speaker 1: And I'm glad that he didn't find these folks, because we told you yesterday had been charged with a murder a homicide, and now a couple more details are eeking through. Here here's what we know. Prosecutors are seeking adult charges. They're trying to charge him as an adult. Maybe even go for the death penalty or something for a fifteen year old.
Speaker 6: Yeah, for a.
Speaker 1: Fifteen year Odbxecutors are looking to charge the team as an adult. Hang on with sack this teenager. They wanted to auto launch that on me and then also disable my ad blockers. Unbelievable, great, great modern day web design in effect. Once again, I don't think we need that news report. I'll just give you this. Prosecutors have moved to charge of fifteen year old as an adult after he was accused of stabbing and killing a man while dressed as a clown. Now we know more about what happened on Wednesday. Prosecutors filed a petition for adjudication of wardship, which transfers the fifteen year old clowns charges to adult court, where prosecutors intend to charge him with first degree murdering connection with the Tuesday evening stabbing. According to Illinois State Police, here's what happened at about ten pm on Monday, And I'll go back to what time it was on that doorbell camera. In a second, let's remember that ten pm there was a report of a body in the road nearby. They identified the victim as a seventy eight year old man named John Wesley all Allan senior. The teenager was going door to door in the area, peering into windows and carrying a weapon. He was twirling a knife. He had a pretty big knife. The light gleamed off it. One of the neighbors said, less than an hour before the homicide, that's what it was. I don't even have to look. Less than an hour before he ended up killing this person with a knife. He was going door to door and looking into the camera and talking, and then he ended up finding some old guy nearby and stabbed him while wearing his clown outfit. As a fifteen year old, you just gotta shake your head. You're like, what goes wrong here? How do we end up in this territory? How did a fifteen year old end up end up doing this? Is it the parents failing? Is it just born as an evil individual?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 1: Like? I don't even know. I don't even know what's going on. Sometimes it's like kids are just living life grand Theft Auto style. I'm not blaming the video game. I might when it comes out. I'm I may eventually blame it when it comes out. Well, no, Manson now too, I might. Yeah, yeah, Marilyn Manson in the video games. And because I know that people have been waiting how long for the new Grand Theft Auto sixteen years or so, I never seen anything like this before, seiling now that we're on the topic here very quickly. Not that that was intentional or anything. The Grand Theft Auto Company has announced that the trailer for the new Grand Theft Auto game, which has the first real gameplay, will first launch on Netflix. All right, so a Netflix exclusive trailer for Netflix to buy a video game, and then I think they said, like a little while later, it will be. It goes on Netflix on August twenty seventh to three pm, and then like later it goes on YouTube or something nine to nine pm on YouTube. Oh wait, they get a couple hours. Yeah, that's how big this is. Like they got a Netflix exclusive for six hours.
Speaker 5: Are they gonna spend that six hours nuking every single person who tries to post the trailer on their YouTube channel?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, it would have to make this worth it.
Speaker 5: Grand Theft Auto five officially launched on September seventeenth, twenty thirteen, so it'll be thirteen years since we've seen a Grand Theft Auto by the time this thing is released, by the time, almost by the time the trailer is released.
Speaker 6: What's this?
Speaker 1: Then they released it? Is this a trailer for the trailer for the trailer? Oh yeah, right, the funky baseline. These are just still still images Grand Theft Auto six an extended look. This is a this is arailer for the trailer. Trailer for the trailer Sean.
Speaker 6: Watson, is it they are?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Netflix, August twenty seven, three pm. And then after that goes on YouTube like six hours later, and then all of the kids are going to be causing chaos everywhere. It's gonna be absolute pandemonium. So buckle up, friends and brace yourself. God only knows what's going to happen when this all goes down. It'll probably be most people will probably just have fun playing video games. I'm not blaming the video games for the danger of people doing this. It's probably just kids who are you anti social lunatics and parents who probably aren't doing a good job of coaxing them out of it. Those are the tough times we live in, though. Absolutely. Here is Diana, who is emailing the show. Diana says, hello, I watched the show live on YouTube at work, and then on the way home, I listen to the replay on the station nearest Meat, which is Real Radio ninety two to one on Fridays. This week in Florida gets butchered. I don't know if it's being condensed for time or what, but for each story, they just played pieces of it. He starts a sentence, then it skips to the last few words of that story. What is going on with this sabotage? That can't be real. They're not doing that down there, he said. Not only could I not follow it, but it pisses me off or she says. This week, Tuesday's show was replaying the Tuesday, July twenty eighth show. Wednesday's show is replaying the July twenty ninth show. I was mad because I missed the entire show live at work, so I changed the station. Twenty minutes later it was the live show again. Why does ninety two point one do this to you? Diana says. She's a West Palm Beach listener. I don't know what's going on there. I mean, sometimes it's the technology, trust me, it's not the people. They're doing on purpose, because they're really good people who love the show. They're big fans of the News Junkie Man, big fans down there. They're one of the first stations to take a risk on us, and we've done very very well for quite a long time down there. Now Almo a sudden a decade. We'll look into it. We'll see what's going on. Hopefully it's just some fluke thing. Let me know if it happens more, though, you can always email me tips at the Newsjunkie dot com Tips the News junk heat dot com. All right, quick break, when we come back, we'll try to stay on time here. At some point, I got new updates on that Perez Hilton front. I got more from that. Oh you know what, that our favorite new politician who hates every holiday ever. We'll we'll talk about her. And then the fishback guy promised some sort of big bombshell today. Will he deliver on it? I don't know. We'll find out. That's coming up next on The News Junkie Rolling on hanging out with you on the show, Amandy, you look nice today, you smell good and everything. We're happy to be your friend. Welcome into the show. If you're new around here, you can learn about the world's most viral newsroom over at thenewsjunk heat dot com and gosh darn it, people like you. Oh do they? Is that true? I don't know, not as of right now you're talking to I thought Celim was talking about me for a second. I apologize, didn't mean to make it all about me, but I had just the lamest radio bombshell on everybody on the school mic thing in between the breaks on YouTube dot com sash and he was junkie. Is it because I was legit upset? I don't know why I shouldn't have any vested interest in this at all, and I shouldn't care about the losers over at the USA today. But at USA today they did a thing where they had everybody in the world to vote, and they said the best fast food fries in the nation were from Dell Taco, of all places, And it just struck me, and I was like, are you kidding me? Are you like? This is? This is what it's come to. First of all, journalism in twenty twenty six. Right, check that one off, and the best fast food fries. Even though we're falling into the trap right now. Then second, the Dell Taco Place wins the best French fries from a fast food establishment in the United States. It's like you just got here and you went to Del Taco and that was it.
Speaker 6: It was like you didn't even.
Speaker 1: You didn't even go anywhere else. It's a taco place. You can have French fries at a taco place. It's just I don't. I can't. I can't do it. I can't, I can't do it. That was anyhow, let's let's move. You can have French fries at a taco place. They're they're not going to be the best. They're not the best. They shouldn't be. I know, it doesn't make any sense. They're a text Mechs place. They're probably not even the best at what they're doing over there. It's it's it's I don't need to hear it. I get it. I know everybody has their choice stuff. But for me, that was just what are you doing over there at the USA today? What the hell is even going on? For? God? Said, all right, I'm gonna have to go give him a shot on the way home. Why they're feeding into it. This makes it worse Sea Lane. So that I know that I'm around money, Well, they still get your money though, you know what I mean, Like you did, then well then I know that I'm right because I've tried out what they have on offer over there. It's ridiculous. You cannot do that to yourself for God's sake. I mean you can, but I think that you probably shouldn't, at least for now. There's been a lot of raging about eastcooters. We talked about it on the show Legitimate, Legitimate Gripes. I've seen it many times. You've probably seen it. Maybe I haven't seen that. Have you been in this situation where you're driving down the road in a like a swarm of the kids on the e bikes will zoom around you and in the road driving lanes? Not a swarm though.
Speaker 5: In my neighborhood the other day I had to like almost drive around somebody. There was there's something where like a couple dudes were just in the middle of the road.
Speaker 1: What do you what are you doing? What? What's going on?
Speaker 5: And then I think those were e bikes they had they were they looked a little thicker. The e bikes look a little you know, the ones that you don't immediately know, especially if they're not currently moving, They just you could tell there's more girth to them on account of the motor and the battery and all that.
Speaker 6: I get it.
Speaker 1: You think you got a little motorcycle. You're riding around on your e bikes. Some of them go fast. You've seen them zooming by like something. They're wheeling on them and stuff. But you know, it's not always a good thing. And there was a kid who just died on one of these. I did forgot where that was. Look up the e bike death. Actually, if you look that up on the Newswires ceiling, you'll probably find multiple stories of this, because the one I saw was a kid plowed into a semi and his mother was doing the whole thing where it was like, oh, he's sticking a good kid. I don't know how this could happen to him, and like, well, he's riding his e bike in the middle of the show, in the middle of the road, doing wheelies and he loses control and a semi hits him. That's how it happened. I don't mean to be rude, but that's literally what happened in this situation, the Chicago one. That's it. And they said that was the third kid dead in Chicago, three down, lots to go in Chicago just on e bikes And I don't know if that was the past year or what.
Speaker 6: What was the details on that.
Speaker 5: Recorde Chicago family mourning a sixteen year old boy who was killed after crashing into a semi while riding an electric scooter on the North Side. He's the third Chicago teenager killed this year while riding an e scooter this year.
Speaker 1: This year, we're in August this year, he's the third one killed on one of these East scooters. And this is like one of the few unifying things outside of Hey, the USA Today article about the best fast food fries in America is trash and somebody should burn the HQ to the ground. Not literally, but maybe somebody should really send them an email. They send them an email, don't burn them to the ground, send them any email, strongly worded letter about how stupid it is that they made that decision. But this is a left wing, right wing Kumbaya moment. They're coming together on this one. In fact, here's mom. Donnie the mayor of New York City, even him, even he's against the East scooters. New York City mayor on Twitter says too many lives have been cut short by high speed illegal e bikes and East scooters. No bike is illegal, right, No by is illegal? What is an illegal e bike? Maybe they have like rules on speeds and governing the engine there.
Speaker 5: A couple a couple of weeks ago, maybe even a couple of months, we talked about how Amazon had to stop selling them or block them in certain states because you were able to get I think it was California had made some rulings on your maximum speed of an eastcooter or e bike, and so the stores couldn't sell them. But then the kids were just ordering them on Amazon, and they came back and said no, no, no, no, no, you got to you gotta shut that down.
Speaker 1: Not anymore. According to this mayor, the mayor of New York City, this is not some right wing guys yelling at clouds against the e bike sor e scooters thing. This is a far opposite of that, and he says too many lives have been cut short by high speed illegal e bikes. And e scooters. That's why we're issuing cease and desist orders against forty two online retailers that have been selling these dangerous devices to New York City residents, including Target. Is it Temu or Timu? I always forgetmos Timu. I would just call it Timu over here, Target, Timu, Wayfair, Walmart, and Amazon. So the Mayor of New York is like, we're coming after you for selling these e bikes. The safety of New Yorkers is not for sale. And then they show this. It's like, is the vehicle you're selling legal? Like this's a float chart? Like they're doing the whole like done done done. Is like it is done. Vehicle you're selling legal? And they got a float chart. E bikes pedal assists or throttle with pedals? Does it go over twenty five miles per hour? Boom? It's illegal? That sucker is illegal? Scooters stand up scooters? Does it go over twenty miles per hour? Boom, it's illegal? Mopeds? I guess there's like some different rules on the moped front. I don't think mopeds are the problem. No moped people, I'm not coming at you. I think the only problem is young kids here the whinos alone. Young kids are getting the e bikes for their birthdays or whatever. They're having fun. I do not blame them for that. I would want to do the same thing. But you cannot rove around in gangs on the streets and your e bike all right, stay in like in your neighborhood somewhere, zoom around there. I don't have any problem with that. But when you're riding out on the streets and taking over streets in some cases with this, then that becomes an issue. And then even the Mayor of New York is like, We're gonna shut down forty two online retailers for selling these things.
Speaker 5: I think for mopeds you borderline have to like register them as vehicles, like I think. Ye, my friend had a moped in middle school. Should not have but I think it had like a small license point on it. Yeah, those are always fine, like a vespa. I'm totally fine with those. I never had an issue with that personally, but perhaps you have let us know what you think. Send a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com. Lisa emails and she goes an e bike injury post like this one.
Speaker 1: What is this hang on? I don't know. Can I play this or is this going to be like somebody absolutely losing a body part or oh, it is one of the worst e bike injuries I've treated as a surgeon. Let's listen to one of.
Speaker 15: This right here is one of the worst e bike injuries that I've seen. My name is Creamshoth. I'm an orthopedic traumatologist. The subjection badly to treat broken bone geeze. This unfortunate patient was a preteen who got an e bike on Christmas, who was riding it and unfortunately crash it.
Speaker 1: The same day. He came to the hospital and he had an open segmental femur frashure. Okay, I don't know what that is, but this is his femur. Is that means his leg.
Speaker 5: It's like a whole piece of bone is removed from the rest of bone, so like instead of just one break, it's two breaks where now you have this little bone island.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, it's like if you break it sounds like a fun place to business. Stop if you break a broomstick and then then you break another piece off, so there's like a completely disconnected piece and then the two other pieces. That's what it's looking like the really really really bad break.
Speaker 15: What that means is he broke his thigh bone and multiple spots and the bone came through the skin, which he also has a comminuted fracture of his patilla, which means that he broke his kneecap in multiple spots. That fracture was also open as well. We took him to the operating room on the day after Christmas. We washed out his open fractures to make sure that there was no contamination, and we stabilized his injuries. His thigh bone was stabilized with a rod and my cap was stabilized with plate and screws. His injuries have all healed, and now he's back on another e bike.
Speaker 1: Oh no, No, if you are my child and you I get you an e bike because all the other kids have e bikes and you crash and you break your leg and your knee is all messed up like this, and then when you come home you're like, well, I'm gonna go back on the e bike again.
Speaker 5: That's a big no. That is I'm surprised. No there's even another e bike. They say it's a new one. Did the first one get wrecked? That's what it sounded like this is a.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the guy had to get he had to get like an entire rod, metal rod through his leg with the screws and everything in there. He's more machine now than man twisted evil. It's just crazy to me. And I mean again, I get that it's fun. I don't want to be crapping on kids enjoying themselves and stuff. But the level of danger here is pretty significant, to say the least. Thank you for sending that over, Lise. I appreciate that you can get on board as well. You can email the show how well. It's easy tips at the news Junkie dot com, t I p s at the Neewsjunkie dot com. If you want to be anonymous, as I always say, put that right up on top a non anonymous and then I won't say your name. We don't repeat it either. Yeah, but because then sometimes I get for the paragraph and you're like, I, Jack Smith really do hate this type of people. Who hoo, whoa, whoa whoa? Dial it back Tips at the news Junkie dot com or send your dispatchers record yours to get on the show at the Newsjunkie dot com. Right now, oh's this somebody talking about somebody shooting flock cameras. Hey, Sean, after talking about flock cameras last week and then again on Tuesday, I thought you'd find this interesting, says Blunt County Sheriff's deputies announced Friday they had arrested Adam Heimerman, thirty seven, in connection with the string of felony vandalism events targeting the alpr's aka flock cameras. This is another guy who went out there and he's just destroying the flock cameras on the streets. He doesn't like him. He wants to get rid of these damn things. And this guy is now in trouble. The thirty seven year old admitted to shooting the cameras, so he's just going out there and popping them off at the flock to sum a hero, I would guess is a criminal.
Speaker 5: He was an independent Canada for Tennessee's second Congressional district.
Speaker 1: Oh that's not surprising. Crazy people run for office all the time. There's a lot of there's a lot of crazies out there. Oh did I did I show you? I didn't show you this yet. Just to revisit this woman who I'm now becoming enthralled with who's running for governor of Wisconsin. I believe Francesca Hong. Yes, the Asian lady she's running. She's a Democratic socialist, the one that pretty much hates all holidays. She doesn't like the holidays. She says she hates fireworks. She says she hates Halloween, she hates Valentine's Day. She especially hates Thanksgiving. How dare you celebrate Thanksgiving? You colonizer animal? How could you possibly do this? You know this woman, she has a chance to become the next governor of one of our great states in the United States of America. I believe Wisconsin. Just double check that, Ceiland, so I'm not sending the wrong stayed over and over Francesca. Francesca Hong, so that she said, I hate I hate Thanksgiving. It's the worst. You shouldn't be celebrating it. You're a terrible person. She's a Wisconsin State Assembly So yeah, okay. Then she said after that, which I think was the latest update we had, she was like, I get that some people like Thanksgiving, but other people are really hurt by Thanksgiving, which I also thought was just absolutely insane. And now she's heel turned on this. Here's missus Hong again with her comments on Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: She's following over, my favorite holiday is Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no no, she s turned the corner. She hated Thanksgiving. They should the pilgrims should have been hung. These noble savages were destroyed by the though eight white demons and and all this stuff. And then no, actually, I get that you might want to celebrate it, but there are people who are in pain. And then now this lady who's mega robotic is like, hey, actually.
Speaker 2: Saying favorite holiday is Thanksgiving?
Speaker 1: Surprising to hear I have it.
Speaker 2: I don't get it. I actually love it.
Speaker 8: We bring social suit.
Speaker 2: It's in laws and family members and they're in laws, and it's a it's a big event.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love it. I'm a mega fan. It's not because there was a little backlash, and I'm not being honest with you anymore. This is the only way I would believe her, really is if we just look at the rest of her tweets about all the holidays and then realize that she hates all the holidays so much that Thanksgiving is still her favorite just because it's the least bad. Somehow, It's be like me aiming my favorite beat. Yeah, like the vegetable, not the rap, not the rap variety. Just to go over her first one was canceled Thanksgiving. All right, I'm good. This is somebody chronicling how this has changed. Canceled Thanksgiving should have done this in sixteen twenty one. If it takes a worldwide pandemic for us to realize we should stop celebrating colonialism in the original super spreader event that killed indigenous folx and women, so be it. That was only six years ago, less than six years ago. Then onto, I get it. But people are very upset for Thanksgiving, and now onto it's my favorite.
Speaker 9: Thanksgiving is also a time that's incredibly painful for many people in our communities.
Speaker 2: My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: Okay, just totally legit. This is how she really feels about memories. Remember that TikTok trend. This would be perfect, the titch one, the TikTok trend where you take the video of her saying my favorite holiday is Thanksgiving, and then you zoom it out to show that somebody's holding a weapon and let's pointed straight at her. Yeah, I swear I'm not saying this because I've seen a dropping poll numbers. I got more. I'll give you some more of this lady because she delivers on the clips as we roll on in the show. In just a bit. We've got your comments on on e bikes coming in. We'll get to some of those. We have many many more things to introduce as the show rolls on, and we're waiting for this bombshell news press conference coming something to shocking. Is he on his way to Tallahassee. He said he was headed to Tallahassee. I mean, he's not an actual elected official, so it doesn't matter where he gives a press conference. Yeah, I mean he just has to start a live stream and start talking. He even said he was doing it not in conjunction with his candidacy, so but somehow has to go to Tallahassee. Yeah, so he's got I've got some theories on that. We'll see what's going on. We got more clips on the way. It's coming up next on the News Junkie. I love you and I appreciate you. Think it's Jason Wheeler for the Gifted subscription over at the news Junkie dot com. That's how you can support the show. Learn more over at Thenewsjunkie dot Com. We're at an inflection point. I think here, I legitimately mean this, and I think it's a good thing because I think a lot of people have heard different words thrown out all over the place recently, and some of them they think sounds like an attractive future, and some of them they think it's a bad ideas and good ideas and all these different things are out there. But I happen to think like this is the one thing I'm not blackpilled on. I'm very confident in if you explain things to people, yeah, most of the time, if they're reasonable, they'll come around to your way of thinking. Like I think most people at their base are in one of two groups. You're either an individualist. That's what I am through and through. I don't care about parties or teams or anything like that. I'm an individualist. I care about my in group, right. I care about my family, my people, my neighborhood after that. But I'm an in group person. I'm an individualist, and I'm worried about my people and my network. And then there's collectivists who largely worry about the out group, right. They care about people halfway across the world more than they care about their own neighbors. They'll swear off their loved ones and never talk to them again if they disagree on a point, But they'll care about some kid in like Sudan much more than they'll care about anybody they'll ever talk to ever. Right, these things to individualists like me, they don't make sense. They seem strange, they seem very very bizarre. But to collectivists they make perfect sense. That's where you get things like these candidates for the DSA and all these different groups out there, and then people don't really know what words mean, Like they don't know what socialism means, so they're like that seems good, isn't that what they do? And like Scandinavia and no one knows what they're talking about. But at the base of these things, I think people agree on simple things like CBS had this story. It's such a boring story, such a regular run of the mill story, but I think it can kind of tell you your ants or did this which one of those categories you fall into? Are you an individualist right? Are you a person who like I'm about my group? Or are you collectivists, which is you know, socialism and community communism, those things down the pipeline from that. And this CBS news story is about how all of these companies, huge, huge, huge group of companies have switched after in the last ten to fifteen years they were doing well, like a more socialist type thing where everybody got a pay raise. You all get a pay raise, everybody gets a pay raise, and you know, everybody together would get what they call a peanut butter style pay raise. It would be like iHeartRadio saying congratulations, all employees get a very meager two percent raise. Congratulations, you did it. We all got a two percent raise. Cool, there we go. That's the that's sort of the collectivist style. Then the individualist style would be that the merit based pay raises are the best. Sea Lane has been working so hard and doing such a good job that he deserves special recognition in a pay raise because his hard work is something that needs to be lauded, right, congratulations seland so amazing Rama he did a great job. But instead of going like, oh great, the whole company did great, so everybody deserves a bonus. And companies are moving away from these style pay raises towards rewarding strong individual performers and taking people with the most merits and the people who work the hardest and bring the most to that company and giving them the bonuses. I think, like at the base of all of these arguments that you've seen over the last fifteen years and crazy stuff about this or that or gender or whatever, I think there are things that you'll just find more people agree with. I think when I say something like that, when I say it's more fair for the people who work the hardest, who put the most in and bring the most value to a team, a company or whatever it is, to get the most benefit out of that, rather than going like, well, you know, there is a couple of people who just sit there shuffling their thumbs all day long, but everybody gets a raise. And that's what we did for quite a while. I think that's what people got into. I still think people hear things like the democratic socialism stuff and think, well, you know, that sounds like it would be more fair, and that's why you've seen such a rise in this. Actually I saw somebody trying to defend this. Actually MS NOW was putting graphics up and they're like democratic socialism versus communism, because there was like, I guess they're calling everybody communists now, and I said, democratic socialism means free and fair elections. I mean setting prices on stables and free market prices for no goods. I mean state ownership of essential services like electricity, water, in the internet, private home and business ownership. It means capitalism can be reformed to create social safety nets for all. And then you can go look at their actual website with out some cable network defending them, and I go, Okay, let's see what they said. It says a Democratic Socialists of America our program workers deserve more. Well, I mean hard workers deserve more. I agree with that. And there says imagine taking a day off from work at a future without capitalism, it might not feel as badly needed as it does now. You enjoy your work, it's interesting to you, and you're well trained for it. By the way, in any socialist world, you are not going to enjoy your work. You literally will be picked for a job, and that's the job you'll have for the rest of your life. That's what socialism is. There is no you can't create your own business employee, you can't have employees, and socialism there is no such thing. That's a predatory relationship between the employer and employee employee. There are no not in socialism, there are no relationships like that. So you can't even do that. If you think you got a great idea, too bad. You do the job they give you. But it says you work as much as you're able and no more than needed, and you would control your own labor and see going to good use. It's not just a job to pay the bills. Sure, speaking of bills, you don't really have them anymore. Eliminating bills, that's a popular move, all right. You have no debt, you don't need health insurance, you don't pay a mortgage or have a landlord. Well, I thought you said I could own my house. How am I going to own my house if I don't have a mortgage or there's no landlords. Obviously this is just not true, because comfortable housing is a human right. What does comfortable mean? Your retirement is publicly funded? Food, education, energy, medicine, and transportation are not for profit businesses. They're common goods and utilities, they say, And they say, okay, enough about bills. What do you do on your day off? Maybe in the morning, you walk your kids to school, run errands, or go to a doctor's appointment. In the afternoon, you might play a sport. Who doesn't say it that way. I might be a sport you got to you still got a little bit left on dinner, Right, I'm gonna go out and play a sport, pro sport, practice a new skill, read, plan a trip. It says they don't know how much people just want to play grand theft auto. In the evening, you could meet up with friends or family, or eat together, maybe even go to the movies or to the park. These are all very familiar everyday activities. A socialist day off could be like any good day. Now you're free to spend your time how you like, without worrying about costs or dreading to go back to work. And so they go on to this whole thing about you know, how do we get here? And but this is this is the few they have. And then there's some people going like, no, it's it's just here's what they really want to do. They just want to make things more fair. No, I want to make things more fair. That sounds attractive to me. I want poor people to be able to have healthy jert that sounds attractive to me.
Speaker 5: Getting rid of mills sounds like, you know, free pizza on Friday. It sounds like it sounds like vote for us, you know. And it also in the water.
Speaker 1: Fountains it sounds very sexy and soda too. It sounds very sexy to think, like, because you know who's going to who's going to argue against no bills? You think there's going to be people just you know, just picketing on the side of the road going first they came for our property taxes, and now they want our bills. The thing that's bad about this, I'll just use a simple word. The thing that's bad about this to me is it can seem enticing. And the enticing thing is like, hey, would you rather have less stress? Do you think people deserve to get healthcare? Yeah? Yeah, I do? I actually Do you think we should have better public transportation? Yeah? I actually, I actually do. Would love that these things are attractive to most people. And then when you look at the ideas behind the companies, or not the companies, but the parties that are pushing all of this, that these are not the goals. The goals are not the simple things. It's a modern Bailey, you make a simple argument to get people to the radical change you want. No, And Badger says, that's why it's democratic socialism, not just socialism. That is literally what I just read from the DSA website. That is them telling you what they want to do. Barbecue Baby says, capitalism is working in America right now. The fact that I can watch you post that on a television screen and you're on YouTube watching a high speed version of an HD stream of this exact feed and not worrying about what you need for dinner tonight and probably a couple extra pounds around your belly probably proves you wrong. Yeah, that's that's what I would say. But these are the kind of things we have, and I think people will get lured into a lot of this stuff, and as I said, it's attractive. We've got problems. But the solution to our problems for me is to reward people for good work, and that I think is something that for some reason has fallen by the wayside. Why I don't know, but if you agree, let me know. Send an email, tips at the Newsjunkie dot com or a dispatch over on the website. Right now. Okay, let's see here. We actually have to have a you want to quick break here, because I've Fishback hasn't done anything other than I saw that. Somebody said, oh, his opponent, because he was kind of teasing that he had this big thing about a crime that his opponent did. This is James Fistback, who's running for governor of Florida. Then somebody said, Byron Donald's voted in the two thousand presidential election, well, serving felony probation and registered as a Democrat. On October sixteenth, two thousand, Donald's was sentenced after planning no contest to a second degree bank fraud felony charge in Florida. Three weeks later, he voted. The correction on this is that he was eligible to vote because adjudication was withheld, So no felony conviction under Florida laws, So it wasn't voter fraud. But Fishback is like, voter fraud is utterly disqualifying. But that's not what my press conference is about. It's a different crime.
Speaker 6: So he's playing it, Oh, that's a good guess.
Speaker 1: That's a good guess. Not it well, And he was not even a good guest because it wasn't actually a crime that they pointed out. So we'll see, we'll see if we get this bombshell news. We know that we're going to do the hot sheet when we come back. I've got some very very shocking news from the world of baseball that have to share with you, and a whole bunch more as we continue on the show coming up next on the News Junkie. Thank you, Thank you for the love, the support all of that. Thank you water Boys for the five gifted premium subscriptions over on the neews junkie dot com. And happy birthday. Yeah, water boys, look at that guy go. We deserves a little bit of a round of applause. Also, I have some magnets that I heard you. Oh yeah, yeah, they sent some back. I don't know. It's a post office. Don't get me started in the post office. It's a whole thing. Okay, we have I do want to talk about. There's this like whole Kentucky organ donation group that they shut down, which sounds weird, but trust me, is way more exciting and controversial than you would think. We'll get to that. An update on that Max Miller politician guy who seems to be burying himself every time he opens his mouth, we'll talk about that. A shocker from Taco Bell. We'll Taco Bell about that. That and much more on the way. But right now, let's do the Hot sheet.
Speaker 5: It's in news, but not like ivestigative reporting on the planet with top stories from the people on your screens and speakers.
Speaker 3: Are on the Hot sheet with Sea Lane.
Speaker 5: That's right, the top five stories and the nonsense news brought to you by that mortgage guy Don And you know, I'm not surprised that this statement was released, but you have to at least expect the blowback. You gotta know that when you say things like this, people are not going to lose the irony in it. Perez Hilton's team is speaking out after the blogger was transported to a hospital following the disturbing live stream we all heard about this week. The agent for Perez Hilton, Dante Rescuo Telly rescul Rescuo, Dante are I believe you, says in a statement. At this time, we do not have any additional confirmed information to share regarding Perez Hilton's condition. Our focus from on Perez's health, recovery and the privacy of both him and his family.
Speaker 1: During this incredibly difficult time. I see, yeah.
Speaker 5: He mentions privacy two more times. Yeah about Perez Hilton. Grateful for the outpouring of concern support from fans, blah blah blah. We respectfully ask that everyone continue to honor his privacy while he receives the care he needs. And then later on at the bottom of the statement, until we have confirmed information, we will not speculator coming further. We appreciate everyone's concern and ask that his privacy be respected during this time. And the comment section just is as predictable. I mean the fact that a guy like the guy like Poresz Hilton, who has made a name for himself on not respecting people's privacy, now it's his turn and so.
Speaker 1: But other than that, not.
Speaker 6: A whole lot of news on that guy.
Speaker 5: Just people kind of diving through the post that led up to this week and.
Speaker 1: Did you see this. It's an update from Perez Hilton team and family where they said many of you reached out with concern. We're incredibly grateful for the overwhelming amount of love support. We can confirm that Perez Hilton, after this bloody live stream where he cut himself up and stuff, is receiving medical care, and our family's focus right now is on his well being. Yeah, then the privacy thing, I think that's from maybe the same statement.
Speaker 5: Possibly probably, I mean, I would assume that it's not him updating his website right now, but maybe I thought there was at least one picture from the hospital, unless that was old. Sidney Sweeney is doing a bit of good for the citizens of her home state of Washington, and she's using her partnership with American Eagle, her very controversial American Eagle partnership, to help out, says the two of them. Sidney Sweeney and American Eagle are extending wildfire relief for the home state of Washington starting Friday, running through August thirty first, and he's been shopping at American Eagle online or in store. Can donate to relief effort efforts to check out by rounding up the total on any purchase or contributing an amount of their choosing. Sydney and boyfriend Scooter Braun, who's famous for pissing off every woman in the music business, remain boots on the ground in Spokane, Washington, where sources previously said they've been bringing food to firefighters preparing at distributing meals, helping displace families, secure food and shelter.
Speaker 1: Wow, volunteering with that's good. Everybody's gotta be on board with that, right you would think, yeah, I mean it would be hard to go.
Speaker 5: Hey, these are This is the same people that did the Sydney Sweeney as Great Jeans and they had a whole mid thing over that campaign in July of last year. Their collaboration continue this year with its sid for short collection, but donations at American Eagle will go to Second Harvest. They've also worked with World Central Kitchen in Spokane. Uh, I didn't notice this.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't think it showed up on New Music Monday or anything. But there there was a fake song, and I have heard of a hack like this. There was a fake song. Somebody got into the Apple Music account for the singer David, the rapper who's currently on trial for a very horrific murder of an underage girl, and they posted a song called I did It.
Speaker 1: They actually got a song uploaded and.
Speaker 5: Everything, and they got it uploaded, and for a short time it looked to users as if David himself had released a track called I Did it. It was briefly uploaded to the singer's hacked Apple Music profile in late July. The unauthorized track featured an impersonated voice and a disturbing and disturbing cover art of his tesla in a towyard, exploiting his ongoing first degree murder case. The voice mimicked him singing about a fourteen year old victim, Celeste Revas Hernandez, naming her directly and referencing specific details from the case. The track when viral, as some listeners mistakenly treated the AI style or impersonated audio as a real confession, highlighting a known streaming loop whole exploited by Internet trolls. It has since been pulled off the platform. Speaking of being pulled off of a platform, Miss North Carolina, USA has been stripped of her crown for alleged racist posts.
Speaker 1: Now this is no new story.
Speaker 5: You know, somebody gets some sort of accolade, somebody gets some sort of attention, and then they'd go through their entire social media profile and try to nitpick every little thing that they might have done wrong in their past.
Speaker 1: However, it was unique to me in this one because the or New York North Carolina the Miss USA pageant.
Speaker 5: They wouldn't go into specifics about what was said. It was just the CEO, Tom Broder said. Britney bolton House has agreed to step down from her roles Miss North Carolina after her conduct violated the standards of the pageant organization. But this publication called NC beat did go in a little more specific said Boltenhouse allegedly wrote a bunch of racially charged social media posts using an alias called Sosa the Stallion from twenty seventeen to twenty nineteen. I've never heard of them finding somebody like this cousin an alias before, unless it wasn't a very good alias.
Speaker 1: It's like a Megan thee Stallion kind of knockoff things she was doing. What's she right that to say? What she posted?
Speaker 5: It just says According to the new site, Boldenhouse repeatedly used the N word while describing herself as toxic in the posts. But unless the alias directly identified herself as the person doing it, it's interesting to me that they found that. But she's now stepped down amicably with the pageant organization and she ain't Miss North Carolina no more.
Speaker 1: Damn they booted her out. Yeah, it is not a good week to be Jared Leto's career. He is just not Things are not going well in the Letto camp, where he is reportedly lost out on a role in Barry Levinson's political thriller Assassination, as sexual misconduct allegations against continue to mount.
Speaker 5: And then there's another the film that's reportedly in trouble too. The casting loss isn't the only project affected. NBC News reports that lunic Heist, the Soviet spacecraft heist film Leto is attached to at Disney's Searchlight Pictures, has also stalled, even though it still remains listed as in pre production on IMDb. Jared Leto reportedly denied all the allegations, issued a statement denying every single one from the documentary against him, saying I have never sexually assaulted anyone in my entire life and said the claims are absolutely and categorically false.
Speaker 1: Probably.
Speaker 5: I mean this also says not even the first time he's had allegations against him. Not a good time to be in the Jared Leto career. And when he was just like it's kind of coming back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was just cruisy. He's in't a rock band. He's an actor, he's you know, he's had a lot of success and this just it didn't look good for him, honestly.
Speaker 5: At the box office this weekend, it's coming, It's here, It's finally here. They did the viral marketing campaign with Limp Biscuit and now Super Troopers three comes to the big screen from Searchlight Pictures this weekend, starring Brian Cox, Lisa Gilroy, Jay Chandra Sakhar and Hannah Simone. That's for the big super Troopers fans will be available for you. Another thing that I've seen a lot of people posting about on social media, Tony from A twenty four, the drama about Anthony Bourdain's life with this dominic Sessa Yea and Anthony Bourdain and Antonio and Bedaris.
Speaker 1: Is in it as well.
Speaker 5: From some of the trailers and stuff that I've seen, the guy does a good job playing Boordain, I think. And it might be an interesting watch. A horror thriller called ice Cream Man with Eli Roth, a family limited release called cat Video Fest twenty twenty six. And let me tell you, when I read this sheet that has like the names and like with over here, it says like who's in it this city know it, says ice Cream Man with Eli Roth Cat Video Fest twenty twenty six with.
Speaker 1: A bunch of cats. Yeah, I like it.
Speaker 5: So if you want to see a bunch of cats starting him in, starting in a movie and then very weird movie with Jillian Anderson teenage sex and death at camp Miasma, which is a word I just learned yesterday on the show.
Speaker 1: Isn't it my asthma? Is it?
Speaker 5: Maybe it is. It's about a very bad smell of rotting beef. So I don't know, Maybe maybe skip that one and just go for Super Troopers.
Speaker 1: Three. Hey, if you have a quote for a mortgage and you haven't shopped it around, you're probably leaving a bunch of money on the table.
Speaker 5: That mortgage guy Don says it all the time. One of the biggest mistakes you can make is just sign the paperwork and take that first quote. Why not shop around. You shopped for the house, you shop for your car, shop for the mortgage with that mortgage guy Don dot com. He'll let you know if you can get a better rate, and you can reach out to him. You can slide into his DMS or just email him at that mortgage guy Don dot.
Speaker 1: Com, Thank you Selin. Fritz on the Street is coming up next. Now is when you get our attention. We're playing the greatest game in all of radio, and that's coming up next in the news Junkie, step on in friends, step on in the world's most viral newsroom. The greatest game in all of radio is coming up in just a bit, and you could win along with us. Fritz on the Street, Baby, we are back. We are in effect. We got that mortgage guy.
Speaker 6: Don on board.
Speaker 1: Hey Don, how are you man doing?
Speaker 6: Good man? Happy to be back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got Don back in the seat here. He's ready to go. Fritz is with us, He's the lamping baby. Hell yeah, he's back and better and all things are good. Hope all is well in your world, Fritz, if you've been going through and appreciate you being back on board today. To kick things off. Now, we got to do what we always do. Let's pick our players, because in the greatest game in all of radio, we fight for one of you. I fight for somebody, Sea Land fights for somebody, and Don fights for somebody. And if we win, you win, you get your hands on a great prize. So I am picking butter Balls over on t NJ Chat see Lane, Who have you locked in on balls?
Speaker 4: That?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think so butter Balls. I think I think there's an ass on Yeah, butter balls. I'm looking at it now, just the one. Who are you picking? I picked Uncle Chris, Uncle Chris. That's way less sexual, but still all right. I'm sure buttery don any body parts in the username you're gonna be.
Speaker 6: Fighting for negative sir, I'm gonna I'm gonna play for my good buddy Nathan over at to water Boys CFL.
Speaker 1: All right, Okay, we got this. We got this all under control here, We've got our players locked in. Fritz, are you ready to go?
Speaker 8: You bet your butterballs.
Speaker 1: Let's do. Fritz on the Street.
Speaker 8: Hello, Hello, Sean, Hello, That Mortgage Guy Don Hello. Fritz on the Street is sponsored by That Mortgage Guy Don and Home Loans Radio. Every Saturday morning from nine to ten thirty a am. I here on Real Radio one oh four point one. You can listen to that Mortgage Guy Don, MJ and Me Fritz talk about mortgages everything in between, and if you have any questions you text in. It's a live interactive show each Saturday, seven seven zero three one. If you have a question, we will answer it live on air. You can also follow Don on Instagram at that mortgage guy Don dot com. In first place with two hundred six points, that would be mister Christopher Lane right in second place with one hundred and ninety five points, that would be that mortgage guy Don.
Speaker 6: Yes, all right, hoping a break two hundred this week.
Speaker 8: And in third place with one hundred and fifty two points, mister Shawn Watson.
Speaker 1: Hoping a break two hundred as well. I'm trying to get forty something point, all right.
Speaker 8: Two six one, You know the drill? Eight questions, four current event questions for general knowledge. Trivia questions. I go to the bar so you don't have to Cabo spar and Kitchen. Each Tuesday night, I have my trivia uh Fritz's Fun House. And then afterwards people stick around and then they play on the radio, play trivia, then play on the radio. Your opportunity, your chance to pick up a bonus point, chime in as I'm saying the question or afterwards, and then you got to guess out of eight people how many got it right?
Speaker 1: Everyone? Cool? Yeah? Cool?
Speaker 8: Question number one. Last week, ten were killed in an avalanche on broad peak in which South Asian country Sean, Sean, Nepal. That is incorrect. Vietnam, Vietnam is incorrect. You read it again, you got it. Last week, ten were killed in an avalanche on broad peak, in which South Asian country.
Speaker 6: Pakistan.
Speaker 8: That is correct. Oh God, there a famous mountaineer died.
Speaker 1: Don Adams said, fancy, he's probably been there or something, was the winner of twenty to fifteen.
Speaker 8: He just flew back.
Speaker 6: I had to wait for the memory circuits to kick in.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you're like, oh, I climbed that beast of a mountain.
Speaker 1: Don.
Speaker 8: Out of eight answers, how many do you think said Pakistan?
Speaker 6: Two?
Speaker 8: Two, I'll say one, one for Sean.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go.
Speaker 8: Zero and a goose egg for Sea Lane question number one, with answers of zero, one and two. Last week, ten were killed in an avalanche on a broad peak in which South Asian country.
Speaker 1: South Korea tangled Pakistan, Pakistan, Pakistan, Cambo to you, Pakistan, Pakistan.
Speaker 8: That would be fine.
Speaker 6: These people know they're Pakistan questions.
Speaker 1: All right, It would appear there are more of that mortgage guy, Don than they are.
Speaker 6: And Sean, Yes, all right, we learned something.
Speaker 8: No points awordered on that one, besides Don tining in for that bonus point. Question two, What British holiday is celebrated on December twenty ceiling Boxing Day, Boxing Day is correct, Ceilian. Out of eight answers, how many do you think said boxing day? Do you know why it's called boxing.
Speaker 5: Day because you're throwing away all the boxes from your Christmas presents?
Speaker 1: Correct?
Speaker 6: All right, another point now, and.
Speaker 1: I said, let's make this a holiday. Here we go seven, seven, completely different day for Ben Folds.
Speaker 8: Five, five for Shawn, then go eight and eight for Don. Question two with answers of five, seven and.
Speaker 3: Eight, ding ding ding ding ding ding.
Speaker 8: Someone's picking up two points in Ceilane. That was a good brick joke. British holiday is celebrated on December twenty.
Speaker 1: Sixth, Boxing Day, Boxing Day, Boxing Day, Boxing Day, Boxing Day.
Speaker 13: Boxing Day, Boxing Day.
Speaker 8: That would be eight, So Don is picking up two points. See lame with the guest of seven picking up one point.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, Fritz, he probably feels like he just won two points because when he makes an esoteric joke and gets at least one laugh out of it, nothing makes.
Speaker 3: This guy will be like that.
Speaker 1: That's like that time. Uh, the lead singer of Milli Vanilli did, Then I'll go what and then one person will get it and then he'll be so happy.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he starts stretting around.
Speaker 3: He does.
Speaker 1: He gets yeah, like a like a cock with a walk or whatever out.
Speaker 8: Not only am I funny, I'm also a dad I understand question three now. Over the weekend, three were killed in a shooting at which California done in and out burger in an out burger is correct? Full question. Over the weekend, three were killed in a shooting at which California based fast food restaurant done Out Of eight answers, how many do you think shit in and out burger?
Speaker 6: I'm gonna have faith in these folks again. I'm gonna say eight, eight, seven for.
Speaker 8: Me, seven for ceiling, five and five for shaw. Question three with answers of five, seven and eight.
Speaker 3: Ding ding ding ding ding ding.
Speaker 8: Someone knows they're in and out burger shooting. Over the weekend, three were killed in a shooting at which California based fast food restaurants in and out burger.
Speaker 1: In and out, in and out, in and out, in and out, in and out, in and out burger in and out. That would be eight.
Speaker 8: So Don is picking up two points and ceiling with a guest of seven picking up one point upcoming as question four. That's halfway through Fritz on the Street. After question four, I'll tell you so far who is winning on Fritz on the Street?
Speaker 1: Question A good idea? I think, I think it ain't me.
Speaker 8: I know that you might be pleasantly surprised. All right, all right after after question sure after question four. In nineteen eighty four, the supergroup band AID formed to raise famine relief funds for which African country?
Speaker 6: Hmm done, Don, Ethiopia.
Speaker 8: That is correct, Don. Out of eight answers, how many do you think said Ethiopia seven, seven for Don, four, four for Seilane, six and six for sewn Question four with answers of four, six and seven. In nineteen eighty four, the supergroup band AID formed to raise famine relief funds for which African country.
Speaker 14: South Asco, Ethiopia, Nigeria, Ethiopia, ni Uganda, Ethiopia.
Speaker 8: Suit anim That would be three. So sea lane with you guys of four picking up one point, and after four with four remaining in first place with seven points, we have Don slash Nathan in second place with four points, Sea Lane slash Uncle Chris and in third place with zero points Sean slash Butterball.
Speaker 1: Why did you say? I might be pleasantly surprised? I started to think. I was like, well, did I get something I didn't know about it?
Speaker 8: I thought maybe you weld know fan and relief funds.
Speaker 1: Well, the second half, that's when I'm really going to turn things around here for me and the balls? Do I have?
Speaker 8: You have seven?
Speaker 1: Seven more than Sean.
Speaker 8: That's the most callous thing I've ever heard of.
Speaker 6: Just seven is down.
Speaker 1: He is counting them over there. I thought you.
Speaker 6: Said four, so I thought there was that was me.
Speaker 1: This is this is next level humble bracket.
Speaker 5: Yeah, sounds like the dude in Grandma's Boy. It's like high score. Did I break it?
Speaker 1: Am I?
Speaker 6: In trouble?
Speaker 8: Question five now with four remaining. Singer songwriter Glenn answered passed away at the age of fifty six, most notable for winning an Oscar for which two thousand and six film.
Speaker 1: I saw this even remember.
Speaker 6: One more time.
Speaker 8: Singer songwriter Glenn Hansward passed away at the age of fifty six, most notable for winning an Oscar for which two thousand.
Speaker 1: And six films.
Speaker 8: That is incorrect your trip.
Speaker 6: Sound it's so confident. I thought you were right.
Speaker 1: Idea, I don't know that pass Yeah, pass passed two.
Speaker 8: I have no clue that would be once once? Don You got question four right, We will start with you. Out of eight answers, how many things I.
Speaker 6: Haven't even seen it did? How about zero goose.
Speaker 8: Egg for don one, one for ceiling.
Speaker 1: Nothing I have been doing has been working, so.
Speaker 8: Go even, okay, seven and seven for sean question five of the answers of zero, one and seven, Singer songwriter Glenn Hansard passed away at the age of fifty six, most notable for winning an Oscar for which two thousand and six film.
Speaker 9: It's falling softly?
Speaker 3: But isn't it once? Once? Once once once?
Speaker 1: No idea pass?
Speaker 8: That would be five?
Speaker 6: Who the hell?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: These people are all from the Motion Picture Academy.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 8: When I heard that he died, it was you know, once star once guy once, So I was like, okay, I remember that movie. Three questions remaining now, Question six, which harmless snake is often confused with the venomous coral snake don Don king snake, king snake is correct. Don, Out of eight answers, how many do you think said king snake?
Speaker 6: Five, five, seven, seven.
Speaker 1: For sea lane, I'm gonna say.
Speaker 8: Three and three for Sean. Question six with answers of three, five and.
Speaker 3: Seven, Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding dang.
Speaker 8: Someone knows their sneaky snakes?
Speaker 2: Who is it?
Speaker 8: Which harmless snake is often confused with the venomous coral snake.
Speaker 3: King, kingsnake, Oh, the king snake, kingsnake.
Speaker 1: It's called kingsnake, the king snake.
Speaker 8: I'm rat snake, kingsnake, milk snake. So I looked up milksnakes are technically kingsnakes. I was like, all right, I give them why. I wasn't gonna argue with him. So that's seven ceiling, with the guest of seven picking up two points, and we now move on to question seven. In a major blow to the Trump administration, all vandalism charges involving the reflecting pool.
Speaker 1: Sean, damn it, it's gonna say a reflecting pool.
Speaker 6: Olympian.
Speaker 8: That is incorrect. I'd like to hear Don, Oh my god, yes, that's correct.
Speaker 1: Jeez. Full question.
Speaker 8: In a major blow to the Trump administration, all vandalism charges involving the reflecting pool were dropped by which US attorney Jeannine Piro Piro is correct. Don. Out of eight answers, how many do you think, said Piero.
Speaker 1: Six, six, two, two for Sea.
Speaker 8: Lanb four and four for Sean. Question seven with the answers of two, four and six and a major blode to the Trump administration, all vandalism charges involving the reflecting pool were dropped by which US attorney I.
Speaker 1: Don't know, ann Janine Piro, I don't watch.
Speaker 4: Fox News, no idea, Oh, an awesome one.
Speaker 1: Janine Piro, Piero Blanche.
Speaker 8: That would be three, So Sea Lane with the guess of two, and Sewn with the guess of four, bringing up a point one point for each of them. Question eight is now underwent.
Speaker 1: Time for the recap Sewan. Yeah wow.
Speaker 8: But before we get into question eight, let's take a look at the leaderboard. In first place with nine points, Don slash Nathan, in second place with seven points Sealane slash Uncle Chris, and in third place with one point Sewn Slash butter Balls. Question eight goes like this, We've asked all of these capitals four, what is the capital of Saudi Arabia, Sean.
Speaker 1: What's the what's correct? I was like, what's the comedy fest? The comedy fest?
Speaker 6: Oh? Nice work, actually ceiling.
Speaker 8: You got that right out of answers.
Speaker 1: Not me knowing geography, Sean, No, not at all.
Speaker 8: Out of eight answers, how many do you think said, I'm gonna go with five, five mm.
Speaker 6: Six six four showing five seems like the right thing to do.
Speaker 1: You would you would.
Speaker 8: Question with answers of five and let me five and six? What is the capital of Saudi Arabia?
Speaker 6: What? WHOA wow?
Speaker 1: Eight?
Speaker 8: We've never gotten I don't think eight besides me asking what was the capital of Florida that one time? And even then we got seven, so very nicely done. No points awarded on that one, and we end the day thusly in first place with nine points. Don slash Nathan congratulations, all right, sweet man? That Nathan in second place with eight points, Sea Lane slash Uncle Chris, and in third place with one point Shawn slash butterballs. That means in first place and still leading on Fritz on the street with two hundred and fourteen points. Christopher Lane, did.
Speaker 1: You be to do Shawn's math for you?
Speaker 8: I don't believe so okay. In second place with two hundred four points, that mortgage Guy Don And in third place with one hundred and fifty three points Sean Wasson, and that is Fritz on the Street.
Speaker 1: Wow. Unbelievable. Not a good performance by me, but always a good performance by Fritz. A very very talented guy and always doing Fritz's Funhouse Trivia. If you're out there looking to treat yourself, have a little fun Fritz. How often is it that when you're doing Fritz's Funhouse Trivia you have a situation like the milksnake kind of thing, when you're doing trivia and you say here's the answer and somebody's like throwing a flag on the field challenging it.
Speaker 8: It happens probably once every quarter or so, and then I'm like, all right, well, I'm not gonna it's my game. I'll just give you points.
Speaker 6: I saw.
Speaker 1: I saw some lady hosting a trivia and she had people challenge her on three questions in a row. Wow. I was like, Fritz would never drop.
Speaker 5: The ball like this, and I don't know that I would feel weird doing the challenging me too.
Speaker 1: I don't want to be a dick about it. People were like, each question she would say what the answer was and then after be like, well, like it would be like a hubbub, you know, like a robber rob robber kind of thing.
Speaker 5: Because I was at a trivia night that was vastly inferior to Fritz's one time, and one of the quest one of the questions was what is the scale by which an earthquake is measured? And I was like, I bet this guy's wrong, but I bet, and he wanted Richter as the answer. You punch him in the faith, I wanted to, Yeah, then we're not accepting the moment magnitude scale, which is the correct answer.
Speaker 7: What a nerd?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what am I gonna do? Go to the bodium and be an absolute different.
Speaker 5: Moments magnitude scale when you're wrong the Richter years ago.
Speaker 1: Make sure you're following him on all social media platforms over at thenews, junkie dot com, slash share, It's Fritz.
Speaker 3: We love him.
Speaker 1: You do too, Fritz. We'll see you next time, buddy. Ooh, there he goes. Don you can hang out with us for a bit, Yes, sir, right, we got some things to go over with Don. We got a lot more viral clips to get to today before we wrap it up, and it's all coming up next on the news Junkie. Hey, friend man, the show rolls on and the week rolls as to fly and buy out there. I hope it's been going fast for you too. Maybe we'll see the end of this rainy weather at some point in time, but for now, be safe out there. Learn more about the show over on thenewsjunkie dot com. That mortgage guy Don is with us.
Speaker 6: Hey Don, Hello, Sean's.
Speaker 1: Hanging out with us today. I just wanted to say big congrats. I saw the Orlando Sentinel was best Local Local Mortgage Company two years running.
Speaker 6: Now, yeah, two years in a row. Man, I'm pretty pretty Uh, I don't know a lot of gratitude for that because it's it's one of those that's actually voted on by the readers of the Sentinel. So it's you know, some of those contests are kind of nonsense. You wonder how they get their their winners, but this one's actually voted on by the people. So yeah, super super happy and uh, a lot of gratitude for that.
Speaker 1: It's like a fan award show, you know, you like the fans actually get their chance to vote, and you said, well, these are the things that they actually like and best local mortgage company that mortgage guy. Don it makes sense to us. I mean, we understand how this works.
Speaker 6: Over a dozen over a dozen local companies were nomine So I'm pretty pretty excited.
Speaker 1: Good company. Do you know those people like do you are you friendly with the competition or is it kind of like.
Speaker 6: Mortgage? I've been doing mortgages in Orlando since the late nineties, so I know most of the guys. You know, if they've been in the business for any amount of time, we all kind of know each other. So it's a friendly rivalry. It's kind of it's kind of like the you know, the celebrity poker tournament. It's a friendly rivalry. Okay, I don't know some people that is not as friendly.
Speaker 1: Is there anybody in the mortgage business who does, like, Oh god, there is a real bad blood thing between these two people. They're gonna square off at some point in time. Has it been like a fight ever between two mortgage guys? Mortgage?
Speaker 6: I don't know what are they gonna, Yeah, pull out some calculators and figure out some numbers and have a math off.
Speaker 1: I've been watching clips of chess boxing all right there. Anything with a twist can pop off and be a re really really big thing. So I don't know what chess boxing is. What's chess boxing. It's just what it sounds like. Don It's that they box there in the middle of boxing, and then they play a little bit of chess, and then they go back to boxing, and you have to be good at both of them. You watch that, I just saw. It sounds terrible. Does it sound terrible? I don't know.
Speaker 6: It just sounds boring. Wow, I'm intrigued. I want to see that. I like chess, and you know, I've done some boxing, but not not since I was in the army. But I'd like to watch it. I think that sounds pretty interesting.
Speaker 1: Celand, the same guy who's very particular about the scale for measuring earthquakes, particular about accuracy. Okay, yeah, I think but I think uh weird is very accurate. It sounds cool. I think most people want to do it. Chess boxing is big. There's probably millions of views on those things. Let me see. I'm just check.
Speaker 6: It got to be you gotta be like a renaissance man to be chess boxer, my brain and brawn.
Speaker 5: My my dad when I was little, had one of those computers with the actual floppy discs, like the five and a quarter, the ones that that actually did the floppy like flopped, and he had a chess game where it was the most basic of animation, but when you made a move and you killed somebody's other character, it would like animate and dominate the person, like like like destroyed.
Speaker 1: And I was like, Oh, that's kind of fun. This is kind of works. Look here, it is right here.
Speaker 6: This is it.
Speaker 1: They're they're boxing, they played chess. They go back and forth. You gotta be strong and you gotta be smart, like Don said, it's a big deal out there.
Speaker 6: And so they take the board out of the ring during the boxing part and then they're sitting there in the ring playing chess with their gloves on. It's hilarious.
Speaker 1: Although I think it would be better if they kept the chess board in the ring. I think that they can do that. Is this that he picks up a white brook and he moves it down the g file.
Speaker 5: I look at my king and I look at his king, and I'm like, I'm definitely the white pieces like he picked up wrong a couple of piece and moving down.
Speaker 1: The board like, yeah, I like how they do this. I don't know how he had been confused. And while we're punching each other in the face as hard as we can, and the guy switched up his chess pieces. Chess boxing is taking over the world. Trust me, don't let ceiling convince you on this one.
Speaker 6: I'm fine being the odd man out on chest boxing. It just gave me a new idea, though. I'm thinking about some slap monopoly or something like, oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they turned monopoly. Yeah, yeah, it goes in that direction. I did see some of the headlines today tell us that this is good news bad news if this is going to last. For a while, the Associated Press was saying, mortgage rates rise for the fifth straight week. Is this like, what is this related to?
Speaker 8: Like wars?
Speaker 6: What, what's what's causing this? What are we looking at here for people?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I would, I mean I would disagree with what they said about the you know, for five straight weeks, it's definitely related to the war. Every time oil prices move up, the rates get a little worse. Every time there's talk of the strait of hormones being closed the rates go up a little bit, and then the converse, like on Monday they're talking about, okay, we're about to come to an agreement. So Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, the rates have you know, went down and that was directly responding to the news. And the rates as of yesterday were the lowest they've been in two weeks. So it's it's something that's constantly up and down, so at whatever moment in time you decide to report on it, you can come up with some sort of tagline. But they've been for the month of July, they basically moved kind of sideways, a little up one day and then better the next and so forth.
Speaker 1: See that. That's why it's important sometimes to talk to somebody who knows what they're talking about, like Dawn, because you might see the headlines. It might scare you out of making a move on a house that you really want, or like a refinance or something, and it might be a mistake. But there's some sort of maybe the headlines aren't long, but they're just not giving you the full context of what this decision really means and what's what's ahead for you.
Speaker 6: A big part of what I do with my clients is by by knowing this news and by watching this stuff every day, day in and day out, hour by hour, what's going on with the rates? I help them advise you know when to lock the rate in. I might say, now, we don't want to lock today, let's look at tomorrow. You know, things are trending this way or that way. So it's it's really important to know exactly when the right time to lock.
Speaker 1: What is the You might not want to say this. I don't even think about it until I started asking the question. What was just saying no, if you don't want to answer, Okay, what's the biggest the highest mortgage, the highest number that you've you've gotten for somebody like millions?
Speaker 6: Oh well, I do commercial loans, so we've had some of those in the fifteen to twenty million range.
Speaker 1: What can I tell you something seeing? Should I talk about this thing that happened yesterday? Or should we you know? You know how I am. Are you texting me about it? Or I already texted you about it. I have the things phil happened yesterday right now? Okay, I'll tell you. Don I'll tell you, but don't don't show my laptop or I'm not showing your laptop. Oh okay, you can talk somebody. Somebody tried to make a donation, probably the person that was behind that mortgage, uh, that mortgage guy down. Somebody tried to donate subscriptions to Secret shows yesterday and the pay didn't go through, like the charge didn't go through. And I was like, okay, what's what's this one? And I looked. Somebody tried to donate Look at this, you can show I can show this now?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think so?
Speaker 1: Yeahmail address? So no, it doesn't doesn't it does where on the bottom.
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, hold on, I could get rid of that. I can get rid of that. That's a door. Okay, there it is. Somebody tried to donate four point one million dollars worth of subscriptions over on the news junkie dot com, and I was like, what what happened here? Like they put their credit card in and everything the payment failed because the amount was too hard. They tried to gift four point one million dollars worth of Secret show subscriptions, And I go, who was the person behind this? Maybe it was some really rich famous person. Maybe it's like one of that mortgage guy Don's Buddies or something. It was fine, and then I looked and it was from Chef Chicks Have Huge Balls, And I thought, okay with with a Z with a Z on the end of and the huge is all in caps. Yeah, yeah, yeah, So I thought, oh, maybe they just wanted to really support the show with a four point one million dollar donation.
Speaker 5: But it was like sixty nine thousand gifted subs. Hang on, can I show let me see, don't show this?
Speaker 1: I show this? Okay, I got it. Oh no, well on, give me a second. Take my word for it.
Speaker 6: It was six thousand.
Speaker 1: I want to show the people. I want to damn it now, I can't now. I was sixty nine thousand subscriptions. No, six hundred ninety six hundred ninety two thousand subscriptions. And they tried to give that four point one four million dollars.
Speaker 6: It didn't go through.
Speaker 1: Well, we want to let you know, if you do want to off load just absolutely shocking amounts of money like that, we will allow you. We can find a way.
Speaker 6: So it actually, it's very mad at our payment processor right now for a charge.
Speaker 1: Oh it's too much money they were trying to send us.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Okay, send it to me. I'll buy the subs a little out of time, just a bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a couple out of time that'll gobble them all up one by one. We were so close. But if you need a mortgage, and that doesn't need to be a fifteen million dollar twenty million dollar commercial mortgage, maybe it's just, you know, a regular run of the mill mortgage for your house of your dreams.
Speaker 5: Is there a minimum like on the on the on the other side of Sewan's question, is there a mortgage that is so low or a number so low that a bang will just be like no, just just pay the money. Yeah, I mean really, there's some you have to put some realism with it because there are rules of how much we can charge on a mortgage. You know, there's caps, so the caps overall fees can't be above three percent. So if it's like a say, a fifty thousand dollars mortgage, you can't charge enough money to even to do the loan. So our minimum on mortgages is around one hundred thousand, and on home equity lines around fifty thousand.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, don't make mistakes no matter what amount of money you're tossing at this because it could mean a lot of money. Don has told us, before you make a mistake, you think you can do it by yourself, you go with somebody who's actually working for the seller, whatever. There's a million different mistakes you can make and that could lead to you paying thousands of dollars more every month than you should be. Be smart, reach out to the expert who's going to help you out and guide you through the process. That mortgage guy Don, and congratulations, Don, thank you, thank you two years running over the Orlandos Center for the best local mortgage company. Good to have you back, good to see you. And this week back in the saddle. Somebody said, I was so pissed off. I went to listen to that mortgage Guy Don show this weekend and it wasn't a live one. Who is he this week? Yes, he is right. We're gonna be.
Speaker 6: Live me for It's an MJ on Saturday nine am.
Speaker 1: Nice, there you go live and back at you this week, that mortgage guy Don. Thanks for hanging out with us, man.
Speaker 6: My pleasure. Thank you, Sean, thank you.
Speaker 1: Absolutely there he goes. When we come back, we'll get into jury duty. I'll talk to you about this Kentucky organ donation group that's been controversial in the news. What the hell is happening here? Is it really as weird as they say. We'll listen to the press conference and see what juicy stuff comes up that is coming up next on the News Junkie. Don't forget you can always watch the show. Yeah, imagine that. You can watch the show live or on demand a full production Seiland switching cameras, HD shots you got like all the visuals. You can watch the show at YouTube dot com slash the news Junkie if you're interested. Jason emails tips at the News Junkie dot com about Key West. He says, good afternoon. I just got back from the Keys of my daughter and we had a great time. Oh man, I'm headed there in like a little over a month for Sea Leon's birthday. I'm escaping him and running to the Keys, and I'm excited about it. He's going to New Orleans, which is strange because normally he might go to the Keys and I would go to New Orleans. But yeah, we're going out switching it up.
Speaker 12: We are.
Speaker 1: I recommended going to Mallory Square at about five pm. Have a nice dinner at the Cuban restaurant. I love good Cuban food, so I might be down for that and stick around for the street performers. By the way, I brought a magnet with me to put on the southernmost point marker, but it was closed. There's a fake one a block away that and that seems dumb. You're right, they have. They have like a fake one for pictures. Well, I mean the marker itself is in essence fake, but this is a photo op. But it's a fake, fake one. I didn't know they'd close it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I never heard of that before. I never I have never heard of the fake one. The southernmost point marker, which looks like a big buoie that's painted in red and black, and they'd stand in front of it ninety miles to Cuba, and the people wait in line to stand in front of it, and then there's always like some homeless guy trying to sell you a fish made out of palm fronds while you're waiting in line. But it's not the actual southernmost point. I think if you even look south you can see more land, but there's a military base that's not really accessible behind it. But then the actual southernmost point of the continental United States is something you have to get.
Speaker 1: To via boat.
Speaker 5: Because I think last time I was in Key West was for a wedding, and we were all invited down a bunch of us, like a bunch of our downtown crew, because these were these were downtown people that worked at bars and restaurants. We were all invited down there, but just for the reception and for the for the welcome dinner. Because the actual wedding was they boated out the bridal party, the wedding party, and the officiant to an island where they just popped up on the beach through the wedding there and it was it was just an island that's it doesn't have any access except via boat.
Speaker 1: And I think that was closer to the southernmost point, if not the southernmost point. This is you can stand on. This is fakery, he says, it's a fake one one block away. But that seems dumb, So I put the magnet. You put the news junkie magnet on a random fan life fan instead, Bye, says Jason, thank you.
Speaker 5: Maljory Square is the place I told you about where everybody goes to watch the sunset.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, that's a that's because down there one of the things that's famous as you see the sunrise in the sunset, right, you can catch them both. You can catch both of those if you want to a storm and outside, be careful if you hear around us locally, drive safe and all that good stuff and something weird. I don't know how true this is, but I'm interested. They said the United States will put this injury duty here. In fact, let me do the intro just so it's in the boxes. Court is known session.
Speaker 16: Let put your phone down and pay attention before we call the bailiff over to whip your ass.
Speaker 1: You're knowing jury duty with the news junkie. They shut down this Kentucky organ donation group because they said there's been some crazy failures. I'm going to play the audio of the press conference here in a second. We'll see what's happening. Jury Duty brought to you by Motivate of the Duit Law from Injured on the Go. Just call MO. Just call MOO dot com. Just call MO dot com or go to the If you go to the website, you'll see all the information that you need. But you can also just go to your phone eight hundred call MO to call him to start your case. Here's RFK talking about this Kentucky organ donation group they shut down.
Speaker 12: Just become the decertification of Network for Hope, the organ procurement organization SERVE in Kentucky and parts of Indiana, Ohio, and West Virginia. We reached this decision.
Speaker 1: I have a camera shot this not very close. It's terrible.
Speaker 12: Persistent patient safety failures to repeated oversights, repeated warnings, directive action plans, and multiple opportunities.
Speaker 2: To improve.
Speaker 12: That were Reviewers found serious deficiencies and nearly thirty percent of the cases.
Speaker 1: So they're saying thirty percent of the cases they took issue with. If you believe this, The Trump administration said wednesday will shut down a Kentucky organ donation group accused of continuing plans for organ retrieval from some patients who unexpectedly showed signs of life. Well, that's bad if true. If they're now, I'm okay, I'm alright, I shut up. We've got plans for your organs already. While those surgeries were canceled, the cases made headlines several years ago, prompting a spike and people around the country revoking their organ donor registrations. IBTW would encourage you not to do that, because my personal experience is that my sister was saved at one point in time by a liver transplant from some young kid who unfortunately lost his life, but it extended hers for quite a long time and was it was a great thing, and so I want to pay back. So if I've got something in me and somebody else can use it and I'm rip or close enough to it, maybe a little a little further away in their cases at some point, but I'm I'm all for that. But it was discouraging for a lot of people.
Speaker 5: And they hate in this place, hate stories like these, just because it's one of the conspiracy theories that people believe the most that just has it has so much support where they're like, it's a business.
Speaker 1: Do they want your organs? But oh, it's so gross the black market organ donors.
Speaker 5: No, No, they they think that if they put organ donor on their license, their doctors won't try as hard to save them.
Speaker 1: Oh like that's what. Oh hello, all right, buddy, I told you I was getting a little rocky out there that wasn't me. I didn't hit that button.
Speaker 6: All all power just dropped in the studio. You still got me, right, yeah?
Speaker 2: I do?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, well I'm still with you here, but we're to take quick break. Hopefully I don't die during the break. It's a little wild outside. We'll see what happens. That's kind of the joy of this show. Quick Break. When we come back, a woman discovered she had not one, not to but twelve fake something with her What did she have? Why did she have them? We're gonna investigate. That's coming up next on the news. Junkie, take this thing down, shot for shun.
Speaker 6: You know, made a lot of best breads here, the best bread.
Speaker 1: I'll see that if I don't survive this, it's been a blast, man. So good to hear your voice. It's been good to get to know you.
Speaker 3: You know this this may be the end.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be then what.
Speaker 6: Your last words to me are?
Speaker 1: This could be. That's why I'm trying to say I love you right now. I'm trying to tell you yeah, right there. I'm in the middle of an emergency. We have lost power A couple of times. Did we go offline with you during that that commercial break at all or yeah, not that I know of. We haven't lost connection to the you know, from from the studio to studio, the important connection, the audio connection, has not been lost. But the computer that sends me the view of the studio that has all the cameras, the multiview, the grit is the one that's closest to the garage door.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and for whatever reason, like the path that the video takes to get from place to place within your room, it is subject to interference.
Speaker 1: Is that going off and on?
Speaker 6: It's flickering more than your light side.
Speaker 1: God, we just got We're in the middle of an absolute emergency here and in this studio. You can watch what's going on over at YouTube dot com Slash the news junkie. I've lost am I cutting out right now. I just know you're everything's fine except this one view. It keeps flickering. It says special weather statement, possible threat to life or property. That's what I'm in right now, possible threat to life or property. And it says there's a strong thunderstorm with wind gusts over fifty miles per hour, could knock down tree limbs and blow around unsecured objects. I'm in the middle of this right now. Frequent cloud to ground lightning is occurring within this storm. Seeks safe shelter inside a sturdy building or hardtop vehicle. Lightning could strike me on ten miles away from a thunderstorm with thunder roars going doors. Execute a pre planned activity as instruction? Well, what am I supposed to do? Execute a pre planned activity as instructed in the description take action? It says I'm supposed to take action. I'm barely hanging on over here. Do you have a pre planned activity? Freak out? That's my activity. I'm doing it right now. This could be the last time we hang out with each other. You need to go get the s balloone have got I do have tequila over here. I have to kill a nearby. That will only calm the nerves a little bit. It's I've never heard the world so outside of the studio, Mary, there we go, all right, A little flickering going on here. We need I need to get a mic outside at some point or the ability to switch. I can't actually don't show this right now. I'm all right, you know, you know you know what you're doing. I mean, obviously you're not going to show this un listen makes sense, but hang on, I could probably log into my nest camera, right and yeah, I think I can. Here we go. I think I might be able to. Oh, we got to do the Power Hour. Let's do that. Okay, let let's do that while I'm trying to bring this up. All right, let's do the Power Hour. They said it couldn't be done.
Speaker 6: Then they said, whoa captain terrorist, It's.
Speaker 1: Time for the Power Hour on the news, Chunky, I'm trying to look out out the front. Are sure that this is safe to show? Yeah, it's safe. Yeah, yeah, go ahead. It's so bad out there. It's like a river already in just the address moments. No, it's not. Just a matter of moments have passed and it's like a river in the street. I just saw a cargo by that was almost getting stuck out there, and like, it's bad. It's bad, folks. It might not be bad where you are, but you're gonna go on an adventure with us here to try to see if we can make it through the show.
Speaker 6: And then in any moment a clown is going to walk up. But I haven't done for you.
Speaker 1: I have a gift for you. I have to tell you. Somebody says it's blurred. Yeah, because there's a corrential storm. Well, I can't see on the outdoor camera that you've pulled up Sean bdmx con. It's chaos out there. It's catastrophe out there. I'm lucky that I can even show you what's going on over on YouTube dot com slash the news joking, but that's what's the sound. Possibly let me see. I don't hear them about blew out the microphone. Maybe I don't. Yeah, oh it might have. Should I tried another camera? Uh? Sure, I kicked that office and switch.
Speaker 6: Let me go over here.
Speaker 1: I'll try It was bad there for a hot moment or two. Can we hear on this one?
Speaker 16: No?
Speaker 1: Probably not. Oh okay, all right, it's rough out there right now. That doesn't look too bad that there's some of the worst stuff may have moved by, thank god. But just so you guys know, this is why Hey, you supporting the show becoming a premium subscriber over on the neewsjunkie dot com. Let's get that plug in right, or gifting subscriptions to get your hands on the final fifty Count them fifty of the latest limited edition magnet for the show. It's important because all this stuff is expensive, and I do have backups, right, Like, I've got a backup system going on here, but I think I've only got about like twenty minutes or twenty five minutes. Maybe we've got another one that Austin brings over during emergencies is that you was mine. Oh God, yeah, in it, baby, We're in I feel like Lieutenant Dan on the top of the ship and we're rocking around and the just absolutely crazy.
Speaker 5: Have we already made that comparison once this week? Probably, but it's a good one to go back to. Yeah, it absolutely works.
Speaker 1: So the thing is, in situations like this, if the power kicks out, I've got like twenty five or thirty minutes of backup. If I want the real backup that would give me. I think Austin and I were working on something that would give me like six to eight hours full studio six to eight hours. Then I can straight up broadcast through all the hurricanes, stream through all the hurricanes and that kind of stuff.
Speaker 5: They've come a long way in some of the battery backup systems. I know this is very nerdy of me, but this is just one of the one of the things that I do at night because my my I've watched enough things on solar setups that my YouTube algorithm is now feeding me that kind of content. And they have a new battery backup that's like like a mesh backup system.
Speaker 1: Uh. And that uh you can get like a couple of them, though would it would do a bunch of au And that thing you were talking about is what Austin was telling me to get.
Speaker 5: The one with a little touchscreen and it looks like a like a slim device that if you put it under your TV, most people wouldn't even know it's a battery.
Speaker 1: There's there's one we could build on that Austin said, could give us like six to eight hours full streaming, full audio, full nothing can stop us now kind of deal. Kevin says, this segment is making me moist. If you only knew, If you only knew. But we're hanging on by a thread over here. I want to share a story with you in the meantime as we as we we make our way through this weather emergency. For for us, maybe not for you, but for us. Uh, there's our pland auctivity. The power hour let's talk about this lady right here. All right, this woman right here, Let's take a look. This woman is in some trouble. She's in trouble because of some things she had on her during this police stop. Well, I'm gonna play the footage here. This was posted by hs HCSO Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office and Florida. Is what I'm gonna guess is happening here. It says deputies discovered a driver with twelve IDs but no valid driver's license. Why would you have twelve fake IDs on you? Twelve fake IDs? And she gave out a fake name. Let's go in here we go. Hi, I'm definitely going off to the Sheriff's office. There is a stopty for two reasons. Okay, One, your tail lights aren't on, so it's completely dark back there.
Speaker 16: Oh, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And the second reason, your tag lights are out, so you have no light over your license plate.
Speaker 6: Are you have your license on you?
Speaker 1: Ma'm I don't.
Speaker 6: Honestly, my boyfriend is supposed to meet me over there, and he's.
Speaker 1: Supposed to come to the car.
Speaker 6: Okay, do you have a license?
Speaker 1: I don't. I just don't have that oh, oh do you have Are you go right to your owner of the car? No, I didn't even rented my boyfriend Lennard. And where's your license out of New York, New York. What's your name?
Speaker 3: B r I A n n A r A n A balancela b r A n n A.
Speaker 1: That's Branna, Branna. Yeah, you can't spell your fake name. This is like that. One time I wish I had the clip of this. I watched an episode of cops and the guy, the cop goes to him, what's your name? And he because this guy was in trouble, and he goes, so my name is John, and he goes, okay, can you spell that for me? And he goes j O n h And he goes j O n h. And the guy goes, yeah, my name John and he goes, that's a strange spell and he goes, yeah, you know, that's that's just the unique thing about but it is j O n H. He goes, oh, what's your what's your last name?
Speaker 3: John?
Speaker 1: And he's like Johnson. And then the guy couldn't spell John and came up with a fake name John Johnson j O n H. And of course that turned out not to be his name, So Brianna, I've never found a way to make that b r A n n A, but that's what she says her name is. And then Venezuela or something is their last name. I live in New York.
Speaker 2: I'm here in Florida, literally, just visiting front.
Speaker 1: She's lying, I'm here, so you don't have a New York like identify idea at all. No, Okay, of course we're trying to I'm trying to figure out what's going on. Okay, Oh, they're getting around. I can just stay by the back there, so so basically there's stories i'll make all right. So she's now outside of the vehicle with the officer and he's saying she's been trying to like be sweet to him, maybe try to woo him over a little bit during this whole thing, and the cop finds a whole bunch of fake id's, like a dozen fake id's on her, and I have to wonder myself, like why why would there be so many fake id's. Let's see what we can learn. There's stories. I'll make a lot of sense to me. Right, you said you live in New York, but you don't have any idea in New York, right, I wasn't. I wasn't going to I understand that. But you said you live you live in New York. Current she's wearing pajamas. What even is this? And by the way, it says New York on her pajama bottoms that she's wearing. So I feel like she's just making things up with anything she sees around her, Like she's just point to that, like, see, this is the proof that I live in New York. Yeah, I'm from New York. So how do you have no idea from New York.
Speaker 6: I've never had a dragons.
Speaker 1: Do you have anything with your name on her in this car?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: All these are fake. All these are fake.
Speaker 6: My name is that?
Speaker 1: How you shore?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: They got her and then a cuff her, throw her in the back of the car. She had a dozen fake IDs on her, a dozen, it says, deputy has learned Swanson that's her real name. Her name is not Brianna Valezuela. Her name is Bryce Swanson. The twenty eight year old with twelve fake driver's licenses, all with her picture, all with different names and different dates of birth. That is suspicious, very that is very very suspicious, Deputy has learned Swanson is from Canada and overstayed her visa. She was arrested and faces several charges, including fraudulent use of personal information over five thousand dollars of ten but less than twenty victims. I guess they said, but that's what was going on here. I don't know how common this is, how often this happens, But this woman was in the country, overstaying her visa from Canada, and to avoid the cops, she had a dozen fake IDs with her face, different names, of different birthdays.
Speaker 6: Why would they even know I legal immigration was going that route.
Speaker 1: Why would they be to avoid the cops.
Speaker 5: It seems like if you were trying to do that to avoid prosecution, you would try to give the cops one of those ideas. But maybe she knows that they're not going to scam or something like that. Somebody on Twitch says she's a spy. That's what it looks like.
Speaker 1: It looks like when a person has twelve fake id's with their face and different names. What do you even like to get a fake ID? HA been a fake ID as an adult is always like I want to know why you have it? Yeah, because I've told you before I know somebody who I don't know if he still has a fake ID, but he had a fake ID, and the whole scam was so that he could get really good Pearl Jam tickets.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's clever. He They have such a way of doing there. That's what she's doing.
Speaker 6: They're fake.
Speaker 1: No, she she has no idea about pearl Jam tickets. That's that's not the thing. This is strange. Maybe this is more common. Tell us why and what she would be doing with all of these a dozen fake IDs this woman had on her. Now she finds herself in trouble. Get us your thoughts, check your text messages. Oh hey Jack, No, no, no, no, no, on your laptop? All right? Is this a dangerous link? It's not a dangerous link?
Speaker 6: How do I know?
Speaker 2: Uh? No?
Speaker 4: Is this it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Is this the right spot to be this? This is what I was talking about. You just made my day. I don't care if I'm in the middle of the middle of a weather emergency. This is the clip I was talking about where the guy couldn't even fake his name in a convincing way.
Speaker 8: Check you real quick, what's your name?
Speaker 3: Partner?
Speaker 1: So the first thing he does is what's your name partner. Hold on, I've got to think of a fall. Yeah, I gotta come up with a fake name. Let me come up with some clever.
Speaker 6: Whoa cool what's your name? Man, John Johnson? John Johnson, John Johnson?
Speaker 8: Do you have any idea at all?
Speaker 1: No, because I was just doing some Mike slipped, So you are we're at let's feel like this.
Speaker 3: It wasn't actually wait soill was tyle? You were lifting some tyle? Okay?
Speaker 1: So he said, my name is John Johnson. I was doing some weights. Nope, never mind, I was lifting tile and he's all over the place we're at. If honest, Hello, right there? So why are you so far out of breath?
Speaker 17: I mean, Rex Avenue is a couple hundred yards smoking cigarets and jogga and.
Speaker 1: John Jhon Johnson was smoking cigarettes and driving or jogging? Is that what he said?
Speaker 5: As smokers are known to do smoking jog at the same time.
Speaker 1: This is the worst backstory I've ever heard. Hers was at least more believable. Smoking cigarets and jogger and John Johnson's your name?
Speaker 4: What do you do?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 1: How old are you? John? Nineteen?
Speaker 8: What's your middle initial?
Speaker 1: Anthony? Give me your souls john got six nine got. He's making this out. Spell your last name Johnson? Spell it? Yeah, okay, buddy, you picked the easiest last name, and he goes, spell your last name Johnson. This dude doesn't know how to spell the word Johnson. Just from big Johnson t shirts growing up, I would know how to spell the word Johnson's like, I'm John Johnson.
Speaker 6: How do you spell it j.
Speaker 3: O n H.
Speaker 1: Johnson? That's you?
Speaker 17: Sure, John Johnson? Would you like to the police because I've never seen Johnson spelled like that. Spell it again for me j H. Yes, So you spell it backwards from the common spelling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it seems like you know. That's it's unique. It's unique. That's all we like is yeah, smoking cigarettes and jogging. That's my name is John Johnson. I'm smoking cigarettes and jogging and I spell it j O n H. Listen, officer, I don't know why you're even bothering with this right now. Obviously I'm a legit person. We don't have time to watch this whole thing. But the name of the video is John Johnson, world's greatest liar gets smacked down from mother.
Speaker 6: So.
Speaker 1: Mom get involved.
Speaker 5: Perhaps at the end of this video, they run into his mother and she's not quite pleased.
Speaker 1: John, I know, we do have to take a break. He the mom. The mom has arrived.
Speaker 6: Let's say right.
Speaker 3: Here, you keep doing that.
Speaker 1: Okay, why do you keep doing that? Crap? You guys buy me on the bikes.
Speaker 8: What's your name?
Speaker 3: Tell me your name?
Speaker 1: Johnson? Okay?
Speaker 3: How old is he?
Speaker 6: Oh, mister John Johnson?
Speaker 17: Michael, you're now under arrest for false information to a police.
Speaker 1: Officer, Michael Michael. He said, I'm just giving her my nickname. All right, there you go. That's a good time. Let us know what you think, give us your thoughts, your comments, all that good stuff. Quick brain. When we come back, we'll get into the dispatches. We haven't played any of those really, I've been bad at dispatcher's phone calls and all the rest. So we'll work in a lot of your feedback and we'll go into a grab bag segment, a bunch of different clips, a bunch of different stuff getting attention out there. We'll fire that up. It's coming up next on the News Junkie. Welcome in from the Power Hour. Rolls on here on the show. Join in on the show that just keeps on chugging along and learn at thenewsjunkie dot com. We're still alive, see len uh huh, We're still alive. We're still alive. We're still alive over here, all right. I had a bunch of stuff to work in. Somebody said, what's going on with that Max Miller guy? That was a guy that we played some clips of yesterday, and he's running for office. I think he had like a deadline to drop out real soon in the race. But Max Miller, or who I believe is a Republican, it has like a really nasty fight going on with his ex wife and their kid and his ex wife's family. And he said that his ex father in law wanted to pay his ex wife ex father in law, who was a current senator, Yes, wanted to give five million dollars to his daughter so she would just leave him and the family and not give them any more problems. And then of course the family said, know, we never offered her five million dollars, and his ex wife is like, this guy's abusive and crazy. And then the ex wife said that the kid was saying, you know, something to the effect of like daddy hit me, or daddy going to kill you. And then he said, my kid is not smart enough to speak in sentences like that, like, couldn't have been my kid. Not because I don't abuse my child, but it couldn't have been my kid because they don't speak well enough.
Speaker 5: Hey, speaking of current elections, look up Fishback's ex account.
Speaker 1: Oh hold on, did he posted? Okay?
Speaker 3: Hold on?
Speaker 6: All right? He said it wasn't the voter fraud thing.
Speaker 1: Hang on, let me go back your score fishback on? Okay, he's okay? Is he still going?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think so? All right, all right, I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go to the beginning of this.
Speaker 4: About this here we got approached. Whoa, all right, you boost, Good afternoon everyone. As I eluded last Thursday, give.
Speaker 1: The more volume. I give it a little more volume. This is allegedly where he said his opponent in the race to become Florida governor, which is not going to win, his opponent, he said, is guilty of a crime. He got some inside info and this is the felony, and it's going to ruin the whole race. And he told his opponent, you have twenty four hours or I'm throwing this press conference. Let's see what's going on here.
Speaker 4: A government whistle blower approached my campaign with a disturbing pattern of evidence implicating Congressman Donald's and what I want to stay right at the outset. This is the first conference I have ever done that has never had any campaign signature.
Speaker 1: Because this is not a political event.
Speaker 4: Let me directly say this is the first and last time I will talk about this because what I'm discussing today is not political. What I'm discussing today is about informing the voters of Florida.
Speaker 1: Get to it, fish back. They deserve to know. You may never have a microphone. I'm an elected representative. Why is he talking so slow? Because he's got this sense of like importance, self importance that that just is unmatched. So he says, no way, this is real, This is real. This is very important discussion.
Speaker 4: With that said, I've directed my campaign from here on out to not run any ads, to not promote what I'm going to discuss in way, shape or form, because once again, this is not political.
Speaker 1: This is about transparency.
Speaker 4: On July twenty first, twenty twenty six, NBC News reported that Republican Florida Congressman Corey Mills was under criminal investigation by the Department of Justice. Like virtually every federal investigation public, this one began with a single suspect and quickly spread to include others. This government whistleblower who approached my campaign has confirmed that this investigation has now expanded to include US Congressman Byron Donalds, who, along with Corey Mills, is under investigation for federal sex trafficking. Federal prosecutors are investigating two dates in question, May seventeenth, twenty twenty four and November nineteenth, twenty twenty four, dates when Congressmen Mills and Donalds are said to have traveled to the MGM National Harbor, a luxury hotel resort in Oxon Hill, Maryland, where prosecutors believe that both Mills and Donald's solicited, procured, and paid women for sexual acts.
Speaker 6: Federal prosecutors are in.
Speaker 4: The final stages of this investigation and will soon charge both men under Title eighteen of the US Code, Section nineteen fifty, a felony that carries the conviction of five years in prison. In the coming hours, Byron Donalds will call this investigation a political attack. It's not the Department of Justice, led by a Trump appointee of the same political party. Is not investigating Congressman Donald's for political reasons. They are investigating him because there is credible evidence that he committed a very serious crime. My campaign from the beginning has not been about running against Congressman Donald's. It has been about running for the people of my state. My campaign did not seek.
Speaker 1: Out this information.
Speaker 4: My campaign was approached by a whistleblower who provided details that only someone with direct knowledge of a federal investigation could know.
Speaker 1: All Right, so he's saying there was already a investigation going on. Tod He say, what do you say, Corey Bush? I forgot Corey Mills. He said, there's an investigation going on to a Congressman, Corey Mills, and now it's also including his opponent in this election for Florida's governor position. Yeah. But to me and Byron Donalds is the guy tell me if I've got this wrong, because what I heard was.
Speaker 4: Not.
Speaker 5: The whistleblower says that or has evidence that Byron Donald's was involved in this, but that he was already being investigated for it. Like the investigation is happening in Donald's name is already an investigation that doesn't seem like as big of a secret as he's saying.
Speaker 1: That it hasn't been announced that he was being investigated. I do see that Byron Donalds has posted some stuff, but he's not talking about this. He's talking about he's on some other show. He posted an endorsement thing about two hours ago. Yeah, he hasn't posted anything else responding to this yet. But basically I think am I some summing this up correctly to say, Like, the suggestion is that a guy's inner investigation for getting a hooker at a hotel, and they also think that Byron Donalds possibly is under investigation for also getting a hooker at a hotel. Yeah, the comments section is like so much worse than I thought it. I mean, he said felony, so I guess it's a felling. I'm trying to see that it's the same reason it's a felony for what happened to Diddy.
Speaker 5: You know, people having sex workers cross state lines, Yeah, is trafficking. But I mean, if they're willing to do it and they're not under age, I don't care, right, I don't care.
Speaker 1: If he bought an escort for the night, and like even if he's married or I don't know what that was going on, but that to me is not this level of importance. Maybe you think so, but we'll see what's going on. Somebody says, nobody's believing this buddy, nice try though. Somebody says, good job destroy him Byron Donald's is in major trouble.
Speaker 3: I don't know is he.
Speaker 1: That's what the comments are saying. So we'll keep an eye on this and see that that was the bombshell that he was at least holding out over everybody. Your reaction to it so dramatic. What wol that guy is? I mean, I don't think he's got a shop, but maybe hell does. When we come back, we're to do the final dispatch of stories that didn't make the cut, and today I learned to wrap everything up for a Thursday that's coming up next on the News Junkie.
Speaker 16: Real Music Weekends are Classic Alternative, Classic Alternative.
Speaker 6: This weekend on Real Radio one oh four point one. This weather report is brought to you by Mills Air.
Speaker 1: Happy Thursday, Central Florida.
Speaker 6: I'm Fox thirty five Stortainy Meteorologists Jessica.
Speaker 1: Dobs, Constant Questa, stay calm.
Speaker 6: Like that bear in the heaven this is the new show.
Speaker 1: Final dispatch stre that didn't make the cut, and today ler to wrap everything up for a Thursday. Oh no, oh jeez, I didn't realize this what happened? Just it was just pointed out we haven't played a single dispatch today. We got to at least play one, right, I mean, I can't, you know, I'm so sorry. We'll get more in. We'll let me let me refresh here. Uh, here is god them. I only want to play good ones here. These are some TTS jokes. What is the furthest side of a bunny? The outside? All right, here's another attempt at a dad joke for rate my blank? This question? Why are skeletons always so calm?
Speaker 6: Answer? Because nothing gets under their skin?
Speaker 1: Okay, one more.
Speaker 6: A fortune teller told me that in twelve years time i'd suffer a terrible heartbreak.
Speaker 1: So to cheer myself up, I bought myself a puppy. M Okay, I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't really get that one, because the puppy is only going to live for that Oh yeah, I see, I see.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: Here's the last one. Hey, new junkies, I got a joke for you.
Speaker 6: Why do attorneys wear neck ties to keep the foreskin down, except for most of the wit he didn't wear ties.
Speaker 1: All right, Okay, none of those are going on the list. I will play more of them tomorrow though, so it gives you more of an opportunity. But we got to get the hell out of here, so sorry, let's do today.
Speaker 16: Learn The following information may make you feel smarter, but will not actually increase your IQ, So don't get cocky.
Speaker 15: Now it's done.
Speaker 1: What we call today. Rate my blank for this week has been raped my dad jokes, and only like four of them have made us laugh at all. But Friday could be the day, so I learned for a Thursday, August six, twenty twenty six, as a severe storm rolls through outside, everything seems to be okay, Seeland drive safe, man, it is chilled for a bit. Yeah, it's dangerous out there today. Learn this guy right here, Thunder Garth Brooks. That's right, Garth Brooks. Indeed, Garth Brooks. The largest concert ever held in New York Central Park was This Guy on August seventh, nineteen ninety seven. Official records from the NYFD that's the Fire Department show a million plus in attendance. The concert was free and opened with a cover of Paul Simon's A Heart in New York and I guess they haven't done a big concert in Central Park since, done.
Speaker 6: Some, but that was a big one. Also had a bunch of Billy Joel in that concert.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh man, I got to see that. Thank you so much, Frank and I have with us who do appreciate. We're back tomorrow, same time, same place. Mistening to the show, get the podcast, Atthews Junkie dot com. We'll see you next time. Everybody another logos Cold, all Steamless as a storm, Lado Control.
Speaker 2: And all
Speaker 3: Thunderl