Speaker 1: Joe in the morning. Anna rum is a little dependent on something, so dependent she wanted to bring it up on the air right now. And what is that? Any guesses I'm athletes.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, that's enough. No more guesses, No more guesses. My phone. You guys, so I yesterday I totally broke my phone. Like it wasn't just a screen crack, it was the whole screen was messed up. I couldn't see anything, but it was still buzzing. You guys are part of the problem because our group chat was going crazy and I could see buzz buzz buzz, buzz buzz.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, oh my gosh, what's going on.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it made me realize how much I really depend on this thing, because literally every activity that I had to do, I wanted or needed my phone for it. For example, I have insurance through Verizon. Verizon's like, you have to go to this store in Royal, Oak.
Speaker 1: To get it fixed.
Speaker 2: I don't know how to get to the store in Royal I'm not good with directions. So then I'm pulling it up on my laptop and like trying to read them.
Speaker 1: Did not go mad. You had your laptop out in your car car.
Speaker 2: I looked like a police officer, you know how they have those things out there, and it wasn't like there wasn't Wi Fi. So I was trying to read line by line, like turn right, turn left. It was very difficult, but quite literally everything. When I came to the store and he was like, okay, it's going to be twenty bucks. I wanted to tap to pay with my phone, I didn't do that. Had to go out to the car and get my wallet. Like literally everything I needed to do I could not do. And it almost like scared me, Like I feel like I should be able to live my life without it, but I don't know if I I don't know if I could.
Speaker 1: So this is very interesting because I've had this conversation with Chelsea. Chelsea is not about technology and in our house to get into our garage, our front door, to get into you know, her car, all this. We always use our phones, right or some semblance of technology, buttons to push and things. Yeah, and we got burned a couple of weeks ago when power went out because of a big storm that we had and not a way to get in the house. So it's interesting that you bring this up with your phone, because I think it's crazy that you don't have like a credit card or thing like that sometimes with you. Now I think you only use your phone for that. Yeah, But then she thinks it's crazy that I won't carry a key with me that too, So I guess a lot of it is you get burned by technology.
Speaker 2: But it's almost like you don't have a choice, like you have, like this is just the way the world is going. I felt so bad because there was an older man who also had broken his phone, and he was struggling so hard just trying to like communicate, to get into.
Speaker 1: His phone, to be able to do it.
Speaker 2: Like I could tell he was struggling because there was a lack of like he doesn't use his phone enough. So there's two sides to it. But I I don't think I could live. I truly don't, especially for what we do like social media. I couldn't vlog it. I wanted to blog it. I've blogged when my tire popped on Monday, but I couldn't blog this one.
Speaker 1: It's funny. I truly feel like I can't leave the house without my phone. Oh same, Like I truly feel like I could be fine with anything else. I don't necessarily think that I need to have like my driver's license and things, even though you should probably carry your driver's license with you. But I got a driver's license picture on my phone. Hey, I Yes, if you get pulled over by a cop and you don't have your driver's license but you have the picture on your phone, is that valid or no? I feel like I've done that before.
Speaker 3: I think it depends on how nice the cop is. Yeah, they can get all the same information.
Speaker 1: But I wonder if you get a ticket for not carrying that like I carry Like I have my insurance card in my phone too, so too, But yeah, mine is an app on an app exactly. Everything's an app. Yeah, eight four to four Mojo Live eight four four sixty six five sixty five four eight. Anybody like this where you're so dependent on the phone and then the other thing too, This is going to be really weird to ask this. Does anybody not have a phone?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Are there do you know anybody that does not have a cell phone? Any adults, any adult person that does not have a cell phone, like or call us about the person.
Speaker 3: Like Grandma she was in her eighties, has a cell phone, Pops has.
Speaker 2: A flip phone, but he's never sent a text in his life, Yeah, or used like the phone for anything besides the phone call.
Speaker 3: You know who doesn't have a phone, who doesn't have a cell phone? Is I mean, of course I'm going to talk about a celebrity, but is Ed sharing?
Speaker 1: That's what I was going to say, is that there are people like Ed Sharon that don't and then they're honestly, I hate can you say that? Can you say?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: Is that a bad word to say? Nowadays? All these words sometimes you find out that I don't know what, Oh, it's okay to say. That's not like all of a sudden saying a bad word, like okay, they're like some hippie people. There's some people that are like some some you know, you know, I love that you were like, I know, like there's people that like to live on the earth. Crunchy's gotta be canceled, right, They can't say crunchy anymore? Can I say crunchy all the time? Well? Can you know anybody like those? I see, I could see them the radiation. I could see that. No, speaking of it, go ahead really quick. Sorry.
Speaker 2: I went to a concert A couple of weeks ago, and I was going to bring this up as a topic, but I saw a guy with a flip phone recording.
Speaker 1: Flip phones could record.
Speaker 3: So I was might be more advanced than all of us. And the reason I say that is I keep reading all of these articles that the younger generations, I don't even know what they are now, like what gen Z, gen A A, are not going to be super into the amount of technology we have.
Speaker 1: They want to dial it back a little bit.
Speaker 3: So some people are saying the smartphones give them massive anxiety with everything on them, so they would prefer to have a simple flip flip phone. We could just call people interesting and that's it. So that's actually like the running out of storage.
Speaker 1: I can't even imagine. Actually, the coolest thing when I is when I see people with a flip phone, or when I see people with the old brick phones. I want the bag phone back. You don't remember that at all. They used to back in the day when phones first came out. You can't. They were in no, they were in a bag. So they had like a little bag and you'd carry it on your shoulder like like a purse, and you'd walk around and it'd have look google bagphone, Yeah, and it would be a little bag phone. That was the first. Yeah. And then then the old fashioned car phone where the phone was just in your car and you would grab it like my mom had that like a vinyl cover. Out of those things were the deal.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: If you had one of those, you were rich. You had one of those. You had a Lincoln lt D. Or whatever it was. Anybody that drove a Lincoln back in the day, Man, they were rich. Which up? But Antonio's how you doing? Man?
Speaker 4: Just driving?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: No? I feel where's coming from? I do non emergency metal transportation, So I travel all over the state of Ohio.
Speaker 4: If my phone broke right now, I would probably get fired and my boss would really hate me.
Speaker 2: You would be lost.
Speaker 1: You need a map? Can you not get from point A to point B without putting it in your I can't google mass I mean I can't either.
Speaker 2: I had to go the long way because I had to take like the only roads I knew.
Speaker 1: Somebody asked me the other day, they said, how long does it take you get to and from work? And I said, I gotta be honest with you. It depends on the day. But I have to see my Google Mass. I do Google Map. I do ways or Google Maps every single day when I first wake up in the morning to make sure there's no accidents out on the road, because I am at least a forty minute ride forty five minute ride from work, and I just want to make sure there's no closures or stuff. But when I go to and from, like if I go from my house to the party store up the street to go get myself a little booze, I actually will use my use it because I don't want to go down a road and all of a sudden happen upon a closing or some cop or a cop I have the cop stuff too. And Antonio, thank you for the call, buddy.
Speaker 4: Thank you. Guys.
Speaker 1: Did you see the bagphone I did? Would you carry one of those?
Speaker 2: Maybe if Louis made him one?
Speaker 1: Louis, what's up?
Speaker 5: And Hi Mojoe, Hi everybody.
Speaker 1: I have good morning.
Speaker 5: I have the original black bag with the phone.
Speaker 4: The motor Roma came out in the late eighties.
Speaker 1: What did you call it?
Speaker 4: A motor Roma Roma?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I still haven't. I wonder if it's worth anything now. It's so funny, but you know, with the phone today I have my phone.
Speaker 1: I have all the apps like we all do.
Speaker 5: But you know, I find sometimes when I leave the house, I will be running out I don't have my phone, and you know, I'm like, that's okay, you know I don't need my phone. And you're right about the anxiety. It's like, if something happened, what did we do?
Speaker 1: Can I tell you again? The life was so much easier. Our kids are so messed out. The idea that we the way that we got uh to know that our parents wanted us was our dads whistled, you know what I mean, Like the idea that when the street lights came out, came on, that's when we came home, you know what I mean. And then and then we weren't at home playing video games all day, and there was like two video games, and which was there was? Well, for for us, it was what is it? Donkey Kong was one of them? And then what's the one? Asteroids? Were you around when dinosaurs are? Do you know what you can? You know what there was around back then? A fist in a face? What's going on? Danny? How you doing as a Tanny? Or Tony?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 1: Tony, what's up?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 4: I was just calling. I don't necessarily feel lost without my phone, but it does give you anxiety. And I also wanted to go back to when you said something about the car phones, and that is very true. Both my parents had a Mark seven and a Lincoln town car and.
Speaker 1: They had the most rooms.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and my mom got on me. I would call everybody and she was like, don't you know that they charged for that?
Speaker 1: Well that's the other thing too, is we all do the whole you know, uh, standard texting data rates to apply. I don't know anybody that I mean, but.
Speaker 3: Remember when you bought a certain set of minutes and then you had nights and weekends.
Speaker 1: Do you remember when you would call an out of area code number like a long distance number and it costs?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Crazy? What's up, tiffany? How you doing? Hi?
Speaker 2: How are you it?
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 5: I was just telling about the phone thing.
Speaker 4: So my husband still has a flip phone as a personal phone.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well because his work.
Speaker 4: Phone is a smartphone. Still, why I pay for data?
Speaker 1: When to get the retreat?
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, so everything is on this thing?
Speaker 1: Does your does your husband also make love to you? Old school style too? All the styles, all the styles I love antivity, dinosaur. What's going on, Cherry? How you doing?
Speaker 4: I'm how are you?
Speaker 1: We're good? What's going on? So?
Speaker 5: I lost my phone in Mexico and the ocean last week.
Speaker 4: Oh no, god, vacation.
Speaker 1: You're on vacation. You lost your phone. If I lost my phone on vacation, I wouldn't know how to get home.
Speaker 3: Everything's on your tickets.
Speaker 2: How long did you go without it? Well?
Speaker 3: I lost that on Thursday or Wednesday, or on Tuesday, and then Wednesday we left.
Speaker 4: So I had a fine la or in laid out with no phone. But once I got to the state, I could text my daughter on my iPhone. Watch.
Speaker 1: Think god, I if I'm at first, off, I am out of the country. I'm in Mexico, which you know, who knows what's going on. We're part of Mexico. Were you in?
Speaker 4: I think?
Speaker 5: Can coon?
Speaker 1: Okay? Yeah, yeah, I would. Oh, I'd be freaking out the whole time. Wow, you're you're lucky. That would that would give me total anxiety in diarrhea. And also and also this can I can I also say this to you? You know where the place is where I get the most anxiety. Sherry. If I don't have my phone the bathroom when I'm pooping, if I'm in the bathroom, if i'm in the bathroom, the magazine. Oh my gosh, i'm reading the toilet