Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on A five seventy l A Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio while it's.
Speaker 2: The longest running afternoon sports show in the city. No congratulations necessary. All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is Petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros papada Gas terrible person, He's the worst and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 2: The pipes, the pipes, the pipe. Don't miss an episode. We're with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, follow the Petros in Money Show wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadacus and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 2: And ah, you see your father, then you see me? Yeah, everything everything everything, Petros Money and five seventy l A Sports Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Home of the World Series Champion Dodgers Game three tomorrow six oh eight pm. We will be out at Dodgers Stadium Galpin Motors Broadcast booth. We'll get you your first pitch Yoshi Yamamoto Aaron Nola is your pitching matchup. Still I already gave away our tickets for tomorrow's Game three, but we do have one more pair of John bon Jovi Thursday, iHeartRadio Theater right here in Burbank. He's gonna share an exclusive first listen, Just do It eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy caller five eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy first listen of Forever and a backstory about the album. You in a Room with bon Jovi, John bon Jovi. If you're the correct caller at eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy.
Speaker 3: Dodgers Phillies tomorrow, we will get you up with the Dodgers workout in the very next segment. We've had our giveaways, we've had our fun, we've had our fanfare. Thank you to Danny Knell and David Vase pure Hose for joining the show. Everything can always be podcast and relived or streamed live on the iHeartRadio App. And don't forget Scam Tomorrow from six to nine am Steve Sachs, Tim Kats in the Am and there is the Clipper iHeartRadio app stream that you can listen to Scam from the iHeartRadio app if you're an out of market listener, as many of you have texted that you are and are enjoying it that way. But right now, brought to you by Concordia University, Irvine, Masters and Coaching. It's a final hour fun fact.
Speaker 2: It's fun effect, It's yeah, we're three fun fas sp A coach has more influence on others in one year than an average person does in a lifetime. Make the most of that opportunity. He'd impact others by finding out more. It's CUI dot edu slash coaching Philadelphia. The template for what would become the layout for nearly every major American city was in fact drawn up by William Penn all the way back in sixteen eighty two, despite being fifty years later than New York and Boston. Penn's grid, a perfect rectangle that included number streets running east and west, lettered streets running north and south, one hundred foot wide avenues, room for trees to keep everything green and uniform perfectly spaced plots of land is what our major cities looked like moving forward. The center had a large square, Each quadrant had its own public square for five total, and it's supplanted. Up to that time. What was the chaotic alley system of European cities and something you routinely feel if you go to bo stay out of the elk, something I rutuinely feel if I go to Boston. Yeah, when you're in Boston, it's just wonkey and there's one ways and there are these tight little alley roads, whereas here Philadelphia Chicago grid system wide open. It is time. But yes, the end of the alleys for quick hits to the MS, quick hits. I'll make it quick, y'all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Dodgers are too, and oh they lead the NLDS. Oh, they're going through a workout right now at Dodgers Stadium before tomorrow's game three.
Speaker 2: Lawyers. Here is the immortal Dave Roberts. Oh you forget that he put trying it in. Who cares? Here he is with it seems like a really questionable decision.
Speaker 3: Here he is with the media. I believe in you, Blake. Here he is with the media. A few minutes ago.
Speaker 4: We have to win X amount of more games and he's not going to close every game. It's just not feasible. So you've got to use other guys. And so, but I think that to the question, yeah, if it, if it makes sense, hit, he'll definitely be finishing games. This is something he's never done and you're expecting to go a few more weeks, and so all that stuff has to play in that. A lot of people just don't have any appreciation for. That's everything. You know. If if there is a world where you can use five pitchers and finish a postseason and when the postseason, I think a lot of people would sign up for that. That's impossible. So you've got to use your roster at certain times and kind of pick spots where you feel best and live with whatever outcome. But you know, that's just the way it goes in to win for us this year thirteen games in October, but very row frame question and you know, but yeah, the more you see guys and give guys opportunities, you see how they respond and it certainly helps my decision making going forward. It doesn't do a whole lot outside of MAXI being the lineup. You know, I don't Migey Row won't be in there. Then I've got are going to make the decision on Will versus Ben to start the game, But that has no bearing on who the starting pitcher is for them. I think the main thing is we've attacked those guys. We haven't been scared off using the fastball. I think we crowd them just enough. I think we go soft just enough, and I think we change high levels. So up to this point, we've done a really nice job of keeping those guys at base. So we still got some work to do and you know, try to keep those guys asleep.
Speaker 2: I don't feel like there was you know, a lot of social media push like, hey, that's a great idea, Like I really like what he's doing here. This makes perfect sense to me. I just didn't feel like, even before the mess was created, anybody felt really good about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess I could say the same thing. When I saw him trotting out there, I was a little surprised. Oh no, the Lakers are back in practice today, same day the Lebron James just tease the world that he was going to make a big decision.
Speaker 2: He's a good picker, but he's radio Lebron doesn't seem to really be able to read the room. No, no, you know, the decision was one of the worst decisions you ever made in your career. It really kind of shifted the trajectory, trajectory of you been one of the most likable superstars in the world to become one of the most vilified hated individual players in the world.
Speaker 3: JJ said that nobody was freaking out about the expected decision today and as far as actual practice and play, it didn't matter. JJ was asked about Lebron and Luka Doocich's modified participation in practice. He called it load management. Don't you have to practice with the players that play.
Speaker 2: Seems like it would, uh, you know, go a long way if you were able to build that chemistry and kind of get a vibe for how everybody else plays and moves around.
Speaker 3: Now, this doesn't really jibe with the highlights I saw, But when asked about the development of Bronnie James from last year, JJ said, he's comfortable and more confident.
Speaker 2: He's a pro. I believe he was one for twelve last night, and I believe if you logged onto ESPN dot com, they had Bronnie's clutch three, not exaggerating, not in bellishing. If you went to the NBA page, there was a The video that played when you clicked on the NBA tab was Bronnie James hitting a three with the caption that says Bronnie sinks clutch three. He was one for twelve and they lost. Yeah, but that was a clutch three right there. Man. I'd like to play some JJ from practice today, but you tell me if this is audible or not. Thank you everybody.
Speaker 1: You just more comfortable last year his development.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what the Lakers put out there. No, this is one of the b writers. Can we stop shooting while this is happening? It's a good squeak on those shoes. It's really good track. I can't hear a damning. Those guys are really getting those shoes nice and clean. I bet they're spitting on them and really getting them cleaned up, like not one thing. Yeah, there's obviously still.
Speaker 5: Room for broke in certain areas.
Speaker 1: But.
Speaker 2: I can say with great certainty that do not care a lick about Brownie James. To listen through the squeaks and dribbles, like, hey, if it's even if it was just straight audio, like if it were something kind of like hey, Luca blew his knee out, and here's JJ giving you the rundown of what happened in practice. Okay, maybe I'll try to listen through that to hear what's going on. But a summary of where Bronnie is in his career now. Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and take a pass.
Speaker 3: The Chargers are in Miami on Sunday with Matt Smith to take on the Dolphins. They made a trade today with the Ravens acquiring edge udafe Away and the future seventh round pick who will know at some point for safety former Petrosen money guest Aloie Gilman and a twenty twenty six fifth round pick.
Speaker 2: Interesting. Yeah. Gilman, who had kind of been was the glue of the defense last year, felt like he was supplanted by Tony Jefferson as kind of the better player at that position with Elijah Molden as the other safety, and they needed an edge. It looks as though it probably means Khalil Mack is nowhere near returning Tooley's been great, but that other edge they've been looking for answers, and it's kind of that side where they've been getting really hammered against the run.
Speaker 3: Rams travel to Baltimore to take on the Ravens on Sunday. Former Ravens quarterback Flacco got traded to another.
Speaker 2: Team, yeah, from the Browns after being demoted. Dylan Gabriel had a nice game even though they lost, so he will be the starter moving forward. See what that means for Shadur's pressers, because I think you always want your backup quarterback to be the center of the media attention in the locker room. But Flacco goes to the Bengals, Jake Browning has had a couple rough weeks, and Joe Burrow is not going to be back until December. They fined Jerry Jones for what two hundred.
Speaker 3: And fifty thousand dollars for his inadvertent obscene gesture towards fans at MetLife Stadium on Sunday. Just that my middle finger just got stuck, Cowboys, said Jones will appeal the fine. Videos on social media show Jones quickly flashing his middle finger late in the cowboys thirty seven to twenty two victory over the New York Jets.
Speaker 2: Now you are a you're a big proponent of extending your middle finger the proper way. That's not what Jones did. It was just like a wait, whoop, yep, it's a real quick just maybe it wasn't. Inverton, I swear my finger just got stuck. Do you guys fold down the fingers and put the thumb out? I bet you do. Yeah, you fold in that thumb. I knew Kates would be this guy folded in Ucla, didn't fold it in against Penn State.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: They came back and now they travel to East Lansing, where I've did this year, to take on Michigan State.
Speaker 2: How's that schedule laying out for him? What do they got going? Nice? Little one o'clock in the afternoon, nine am kick Pacific time? Just big ten schedule. Things really working out for these guys, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Spartans are an eight and a half point favorite. Look, you get paid for this.
Speaker 2: Now you've paid a lot of money, guys, all to your sleep schedule, joll I got to be going to bed at eight pm. Moving forward.
Speaker 3: Practice in the morning anyway, I don't see what the big deal is, right Like, USC practices in the morning and then then we're bitching about playing at nine am in Illinois. It's like, well, don't you practice in the morning for the last.
Speaker 2: Play more games than at the window than you do the afternoon window.
Speaker 3: USC's four and one, two and one in the Big ten home versus Michigan on Saturday. Danny Canell thinks they might have a chance to win that one They're a two and a half point favorite and Matt. Things are getting worse at Chapel Bill.
Speaker 2: Yeah, two and three. They have lost their first three games versus their power for opponents. Yeah, combined score is one twenty to thirty three, So if you're keeping score at home, that is nearly ninety points. Eighty seven points is the difference in their three power for opponents. They just got blown out by Clemson, who was searching for answers and what looks to be a lost season. And today the report is that North Carolina is no longer moving forward with the in season documentary that is to be aired on Hulu. We will not be able to see all the behind the scenes stuff within the program that they thought was going to do so much for the Bill Belichick era of North Carolina football in recruiting, in nil in exposure, and instead they have simply pulled the plug. I don't know about the merchandise that his lady friend Jordan has put together, whether or not that stuff's moving Chapel Bill to do your jobs, all that sort of stuff, but it certainly seems like it might have been a mistake. Yeah, it seems like that situation seemed like it was going really well for him in the media. People seem to like him on the Maning Cast and it's like, oh, it is Bill Belichick. This is a new, softer kind of funny. Knows a lot about football and it's just chopping it up. Well, he last year. He can always land back though. In Foxboro, though, they have open arms for him. No what Yeah they burn that bridge. Yeah here, your Scotch can't come watch my players. Well we'll be right back. But hey, I'm on my twenty four year old age. Love that the latest from the Dodgers. Next. We've made it even easier to take LA Sports with you this summer.
Speaker 1: Make AM five seventy or your favorite AM five seventy LA Sports podcast a preset on the iHeartRadio ac using Apple CarPlay or Android Auto road Trip all summer with LA Sports.
Speaker 2: Get me and money on your smart Speeder bike, Mike, Just.
Speaker 1: Say Alexa, Yes, play AM five seventy LA Sports on iHeartRadio to the wind.
Speaker 2: That's your say and money. AM five seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app foll four hour show today and after us it's seven pm. We'll be Dodger Talk that'll be hosted by David Vassa who right now is brought to you by Service Titan Southern California. Commercial and residential contractors using service Titan software typically see as seventeen percent increase in revenue in their first two years. Earn more visit servicetitan dot com. Individual results may vary.
Speaker 1: The one and only David Vase dote is with an inside look at the Dodgers. This is the vass Report with David Vasse. When it comes to dealing.
Speaker 3: With the Baseball Dodgers, David Vasse is number one for he is with the team, He is embedded. He knows what's happening before you know what's happening. He knows the attitudes of the opponent, and he knows the attitudes of the boys in Blue MLB Network and of course Spectrum Sports Net LA and right here on AMPI seventy LA Sports known as the Real DV at the Real DV on X. Thank you Dave, and thank you for joining us. We are so happy to have you and welcome home.
Speaker 5: Thank you. I'm out here at Dodgers Stadium. The Phillies are doing their part of their workout. They landed this morning in Los Angeles or this afternoon in Los Angeles. Bryce Harper everyday train taking batting practice out here. Bryce Harper actually said he loves coming to Los Angeles. He grew up a big Dodger fan in Las Vegas. He actually was one of the players that showed up in the press box on one of his visits to say goodbye to Vince Scully. And the Phillies are wearing their baby Blues throwback seventies uniforms for these two games. The players went to their manager and said, hey, we want to wear these in LA So that's what they got on and that's what you'll see tomorrow night, Dave.
Speaker 2: Since we're starting Phillies, what's the idea behind Aaron Nola. You look at the numbers and he's zero and six with a seven era on the road this year. How does that sort of jibe with the idea that the Phillies are going up against perhaps the guy you could say is the ace of the Dodger staff and Yamamoto.
Speaker 5: Hey, the Phillies beat writers and media where Pepper and Rob Thompson about that? Just about a half hour ago in the press conference room quizzing him on why Nola is the guy and not Ranger Suarez. And his explanation was that Nola was good in his last start and he has more faith in him basically starting the game tomorrow. Everybody's questioning this decision. Ranger Suarez will come out of the bullpen for the Phillies at some point, but a lot of the Philly media are asking the same question, why isn't Ranger Suarez starting the game? And could it be similar to their clothes? Are Joean Duran coming into the first two games when it was mop up times?
Speaker 3: How upset were people? I mean, We've been playing some clips from some Philly media and it's kind of hard to imagine that they get that angry and that unhim swinging at trash, swinging at vomit. Yeah, do you find that all around the town, Dame? I mean mostly you go around to town and it's I mean, you know, it's not as crazy as we would imagine or we will purport on radio or TV, But do you get that vibe? I mean, are they that insane?
Speaker 5: Things change? The mood of that city changed. After the Eagles lost their game to the Broncos on Sunday, I was out just trying to get some dinner walking and there were a lot of angry people out there. A very uneasy city. I agree with you, unhinged city. A bad sports weekend in Philadelphia with the Sillies losing both home games and the Eagles making everybody sad on Sunday. So yeah, it is a very It's weird how emotional and how they allowed the mood of their day change over one football game or one baseball game. I know the East Coast is different, but it just seems a little extreme to me. And after tomorrow night, they're going to be really sad when these baby Blues packing home back to Philadelphia.
Speaker 2: Is U was Rob Thomas that bad?
Speaker 5: Well? I mean he made some I don't everybody's second guessing him on why he had stot a left handed hitter bunt in that situation. But look, it took a great play by Mookie Betts and Maximunths he to get Castianos out. If he's there safe, nobody's second guessing him. But a lot of people around baseball were also wondering the same thing. Why would he have stot bunt in that situation instead just allowing him to try to hit the ball to the right side or get a fly ball in that situation. So right now, Rob Thompson is under fire for the decision to have Aaron Nola pitch tomorrow and also that decision to have stopped bunt in that situation. And also, guys, you know Joe on Duran, the game was on the line in the seventh inning last night and he chose not to use him try to use them in a classic closer style. A lot of people were wondering that as it was happening in real time.
Speaker 2: You mentioned a bunt, Dave, you're very close with with He had a really cool elongated answer in the post game about how that whole thing came together. You're with this team all the time, Like, how hard is it to execute that play? Do in fact they ever practice it? Whose idea was it? Like, give us everything you got on it, because it certainly seems like the play of the night.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Well, Number one, the Dodgers have not practiced it since spring training. Number two, the last time they even talked about it or executed it was when the Dodgers were in Anaheim in the middle of the summer, and it was Miguel Rojas that initiated that, and last night Mookie Betts told us after the game that he remembered that play and that conversation, and as the Dodgers were making the pitching change with alex Vestia, Mookie Betts was the one that came up with that idea and insisted that they're going to bunt and we've got to execute this wheel play. We've got to do the wheel play. It was all Mookie Betts. It wasn't Dave Roberts, it wasn't Miguel Rojas, it wasn't Max Munsey, but everybody was on board. So credit Mookie Beds, who is in his first full year playing that position at shortstop, that decided that that game change in play needed to take place, and it paid off. They executed it without Monsey's throw, without Mookie selling it the way he did. That game goes upside down.
Speaker 3: And feels like something if the Dodgers go a lot further that we will remember going forward as a pivotal moment. David Vasse is our guest. Rob Thompson, I'm sorry, I thought it was the guy from Matchbox twenty who's gotten into baseballs three.
Speaker 2: Al must be lonely.
Speaker 3: And I said, baby, we've been doing a lot of singing here today, DAB. A lot of people are very excited about the Dodgers and you coming home. But one thing that's kind of been lost with all the late game chaos is Blake Snail's performance again and just how locked in that guy is right now. I know it's near and dear to you, but can you give us some perspective on what smell Zilla's doing this postseason?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and again a lot of disrespect for what Blake Snell did last night. He was outstanding because Lozardo was outstanding and retired seventeen straight Dodgers. And without Blake Snell pitching the way he did, the Dodgers don't win that game. That stadium was just anticipating any little thing that could allow them to erupt. And if he gives up a run or two, that game is much different than a scoreless tie going into the seventh inning last night, and without him pitching the way he did, the Dodgers don't win that game. And incredibly disrespectful. Only two questions in that postgame press conference about a guy that pitched the Dodgers to a game to win again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one hit six innings, no runs, like you said, matching Lozardo pitch for pitch, allowing the Dodgers' bats to wake up after Lozardo exited the game. Obviously, Dave, you know the even though they won there there are a lot of questions about the idea behind not going to what everybody thinks is their closer for the postseason in Sasaki. Ultimately, he did have to save their ass. But what do you make just you know, of the idea of what Dave said that he didn't know if Rochi could do it two days out of three. I thought that seemed a little weird, and why he opted to go the trining route instead of just putting Sasaki out there that mode through that lineup in Game one.
Speaker 5: I completely agree. He had to use Roki Sasaki anyway twice in three days. Yeah, So if he was concerned about that, why did he bring him in in that do or die situation? Roki should have started that inning or in my opinion, emt Sheen could have finished the game. But talking to some players, guys, they they were on board with him going to trying him because at some point you're going to have to use trining. You're going to have to use ten Scott this postseason, and fortunately the Dodgers found out what they did in that ninth inning and won the game. Even with all that being said, So, look, Dave Roberts is a loyal guy, but the reality is Blake Trenton just hasn't had a good season. He's not the same guy from a year ago. And you have to imagine that last year's postseason run and how much he was used. He threw more pitches in Game five of the World Series last year than he ever had thrown in any appearance in a long time in release. So you know, I don't think Blake Trenton should be booed the way he was. I think Dodger fans need to give him a little bit more grace considering he helped them win the World Series last year. But certainly ninth inning, I don't think you'll see that again.
Speaker 2: Totally understandable that it wasn't brought up because the guy you know, pitched his ass off in Game one. But again, a rough go for Otani at the plate. Now he does have the RBI singles, so that certainly helped in a tight game. But kind of what do you seeing Dave, what do you make of the way that this NLDS has gone compared to the wild Card round for Otani at the play, Yeah, it's weird.
Speaker 5: It just feels like sometimes this happens with any hitter. Obviously the expectations are a lot higher for him, but any hitter, sometimes you just are not seeing the ball well, and unfortunately for him, it's at a bad time in this series. I don't think it's because he pitched Game one. I know the batting average isn't what it usually is when he pitches, but I just don't think he's seeing the ball well out of those lefties hands. It'll be interesting to see tomorrow night coming out of the hand of Aaron Nola tomorrow night, whether or not he picks up the baseball more than he has against Sanchez and Lusardo. But I think, I hate to say it, it's sometimes as simple as that he's just not seen the ball well.
Speaker 3: David Vasse is our guest. He's at Dodger Stadium. He's got Dodger Talk tonight at seven o'clock. Very exciting time to be a Dodger fan, as they are up two to zero in a five game series with the Phillies headed perhaps to the NLCS. What kind of chance did the Phillies have to turn this around? It would be pretty epic meltdown by the boys in Blue if they did.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the Phillies haven't hit a home run in this series. And an interesting stat about Dodger Stadium, which used to be a pitchers ballpark but certainly has turned into a hitters ballpark. And Bryce Harper even mentioned that in his press conference today, how the ball flies out of Dodger Stadium. Now, this season, there were eighty nine more home runs hit in Dodger home games than in Dodger road games. And that's from both sides, right, So I would expect to see more balls go over the wall than what we have seen in the past. So yeah, I would expect more chances of a home run. And you know, the Dodgers have only hit one home run ta Oscars big home run. So yeah, these are two of the best slugging teams in baseball, and we really haven't seen it in the first two games. And Harper credited the great pitching from both sides that have neutralized the hitters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, daven you know, we look at Otani and we see one for nine, and it's like, oh, yeah, I could totally see that finishing four for thirteen and being respectable coming out of it after you know, this game three. But what about Harper, Turner and Schwarber. I mean, you got the batting champ, the home run champ, and a guy that's nearly top ten and ops in Harper and they're two for twenty one. Is it as simple as they certainly couldn't figure out Blake Snell and they couldn't figure out Otani, Like what's going on with their big three?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean let's start with Blake Snell. I kind of told you guys about how good Snell's been against this lineup. Yeah, and that proved out to be true again last night. It was that same way when he pitched seven innings against them in September. So it's not a good matchup for them. And they were even telling people that they just don't see the ball well the smells hand. That's a big part of it as well. Everyone is the individual. And right now the Phillies have got to be pressing because they've lost nine out of their last eleven postseason games and they're being reminded about it. At every turn.
Speaker 3: Boof tough to be at Philadelphia, Philly, and a lot better to be a Dodger today. We'll see how it plays out tomorrow. Dave, we're listening on Dodger Talk. Thank you for spending a little time and have a great show tonight, and we'll see you tomorrow at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 5: Okay, guys, thank you for the warning.
Speaker 2: They thank you today. I've out there at Dodger Stadium. We'll be out there live tomorrow from two until five pm as we get ready for Game three of the NLDS. One more segment to go. You're dead and alive God, Birthday of the Day. Hello, PMS listener.
Speaker 1: Did you know AM five seventy LA Sports has a wide range of LA sports podcasts.
Speaker 2: There's Rogan and Rodney one is my favorite, Dodger Talk.
Speaker 1: With David Vasse, the Dodger Podcast of Record, Clipper Talk with Ada Moss, follow us all, and many more. Just go to A five seventy LA Sports on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening, everybody.
Speaker 3: The Petroson Money Show mercifully coming to an end on this too, and Mono two two and Mono Tuesday Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Make sure you hit the follow button on the app so you can get the latest note of his. And you can also get the show on demand Petroson Money Show podcast, just like you can get Scam on demand and the.
Speaker 2: New cool picture demand scam.
Speaker 3: That scam has the new logo that Tim Kats built himself with chat GPT of a cartoon him and Steve Sachs for scam which makes everybody feel great.
Speaker 2: He looks kind of like Jason Stewart. How dare you wow? Sacks? It looks like Jason Stewart. It looks a little bit. Does it not look a little bit like Ja Stu? The the patchy beard, the glass, I mean minus the gigantic moles, but just the patchy beard, the glasses.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm glad I got my mole removed. I mean, no one is safe. Just three seconds he looks at it.
Speaker 2: It was That's what it's great. Sacks looks presidential tomorrow has day a little bit like Biden.
Speaker 3: He lives in Sacramento. You know, so very you know a lot of stateliness. I had three free chances before they wanted to charge me on check. You go, this is the best one looks great, you know, for a guy that criticized what was going on over at the Walmart here in Burbank, he's certainly taking advantage.
Speaker 2: Very good point. Dodgers Phillies Game three. The Dodgers are up too. Oh, who could believe it? That's the wrong button. I was able to save it though.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow nights Game three in the National League Divisional Series. First pinch at three o eight. Yoshinobu Yamamoto and Aaron Nola. They're the pitching We have already given away are one pair of tickets for the game. We do not string it out to the end like some shows. You know, well we do some manipulation we have.
Speaker 2: We will not give it away in a flex alert hour. Sometimes we'll move first. You know, you'll say you got the balls, and I can't reject that statement, so thanks. You know, it's like you got the bars segment. We've given them away and the balls to the wall every time, Matt and you got the ball the balls. But we'll be out there tomorrow, so we'll be broadcasting live from Dodger Stadium two o'clock Flex alert. We're on a two, so I would say get there by maybe ten thirty eleven. Make sure you work your way through that media ligne. Do a show.
Speaker 3: Anyway, don't forget to podcast the show on the iHeartRadio app. Matt's got the Dead Guy Birthday. Well, we've done him before, but we love them. The birth of country music, the emergence and establishment of the grand old opry.
Speaker 2: Few had more to do with it than today's Dead Guy. Uncle Dave Macon born David Harrison make would have been one hundred and fifty five today smart Station Tennessee. One of the first major stars of country music and a true pioneer of American entertainment. Combination of lively banjo playing, humorous songs, and energetic performances. They say Dave would wake up, start writing, and then he'd get playing, and he wouldn't stop till midnight. Or if the moonshine was scott, which everything came fir, which was that he would hit the sack and do it again the next day. Wrote hundreds and hundreds of songs helped shape the early sound, and some say even the spirit of what would become country music, little old time folk, little gospel, some vaudeville, and that would turn him into one of the biggest, the biggest stars of stage and radio. Of course, radio big deal back then, especially just as Austin Bars. It's not as big of a deal now, especially at the grand Old Dopry. Macan grew up around music. His pops ran the stage coach in in Nashville. Traveling musicians would stay there when they were performing. As a boy, he was fascinated by their songs, their instruments. They would let young Dave tool around and he learned how to play the banjoe by year. Sadly, his father was murdered, so the family left Nashville. I should say their family left smart Station for Nashville and they run the hotel business. So his mom was hired to run the old Broadway Hotel, and there Macon was exposed to even more musicians, a wider range of music and entertainment, the minstrel shows, the early vaudeville acts, and those influences would shape his distinctive performing style. Most interesting thing about Uncle Dave Macon was that it took a while. Much like the Colonel who did not get Kentucky Fried Chicken going until he was in his fifties, Dave was working as a mule driver and a freight hauling business operator, making a bunch of money raising a family, but he decided to chase the dream when he was in his forties. That's when he started his personal music career. In the early nineteen twenties, he began performing locally in Nashville his uncle Dave Macon nineteen twenty four, he made his first recording for Vocalian Records. Would perform on the fledgling WSM Radio Barn Dance Radio Show, and that is where he took off p and instead of canceling the Barn Dance Radio Show, it would end up becoming the Grand ol Opry. Because of Dave make and he sayd Wow. He quickly became his biggest star on stage. He was famous for high energy, quick wit banjo tricks. He'd throw his banjo in the air, spin it around on the ground, put it between his legs, act like it was his boots, and just start grinding. Wow like happy Gilmore, Happy Gilmore. You just hearded keep my skillet good and Greasy, one of his big hits. Everybody loved it, from old to young, and he performed until the very end of his life. Died in fifty two eighty one. Today, he is remembered as founder of the Grand Ole Opry, one of the founders of country music, and the Dixie Do Trap. Wait.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Have to make that face, man, I do, like you have no teeth. I do. That's just what I visualize in my Mind's the guy playing the tub.
Speaker 3: I always thought this was a I looked at this. I never heard of this guy, but I thought it was an interesting story. We don't watch a lot of a network TV anymore.
Speaker 2: That's a society, right, it's all on demand. Can't wait to see The Good Wife right now? Like it's just though, it is odd that they come back, Like it's the shows that ran ten years ago that now people watch Netflix. Oh yeah, this was on CBS in twenty eleven.
Speaker 3: Well, this guy does it currently and for a while, beating out Brie Olsen one of your favorites, Oh yeah, from Fort Wayne And another one of your favorite your favorite backup quarterback ever, Chase Daniel. What a great guy is Jake McLoughlin, forty three years old from Paradise, California, Irish and Cheyenne descent, went to Chico Hi Go Panthers, but dropped out and moved to La got a ged from North Hollywood High Go Huskies, joined the Army in two thousand and two and was an automatic weapons gunner.
Speaker 2: Okay, thanks for your service.
Speaker 3: Served in the third Infantry Division in the Army in the Iraq War. His unit was the very first to enter Baghdad during that particular war.
Speaker 2: It seems like a big deal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was decorated as a soldier. After his service, he worked on a crab boat in Order and then was a security guard at Universal Studios, then Ports of Concrete. Back in Chico, he auditioned for a Tommy Lee Jones Charlie Throne military movie called The Valley of Ela.
Speaker 2: What the hell would he know about military movies?
Speaker 3: They wanted auditioned veterans. They literally learned they were auditioning military vets. And after that he got other small rolls. Clover Field, the day the Earth stood still, those eight and the roles kept rolling, lots of TV. All the csis ncis cold case, criminal minds, all that stuff. He was the main guy in Quantico, which ran for three years.
Speaker 2: Never heard of it? Yeah, I know.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: He is one of the leads on ABC's Will Trent, which is still going.
Speaker 2: Right now again, no idea. And he was on Yellowstone Okay, that I'm familiar with, never watched it, but familiar, but an interesting enough guy.
Speaker 3: Who I mean, back in the day, we used to have a lot of actors and athletes who serve in the military, Audie Murphy from Menafee and baseball stars like Ted Williams. This guy a little bit of a throwback. Married wife was pregnant with number five.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: Here he is on the set of one of his shows with some fake blood on his head talking about various acting methods.
Speaker 7: So as far as getting into like doing the emotional scenes and in the characters stuff, there's, as a lot of people know in this industry, there's two different methods generally accepted. There's the Meser in the Santislovsky method. Meisner's more getting you there emotionally based on something that's happened to you personally in your life that you can that you can pull from that toolbox, you know, and go there. And then the Santislovsky is more just being so in the character that you are having that experience as the character is experiencing it and it's coming from you know, the real time emotion. I would say I'm more Meisner. I'm not that you know, I'm not as Jane day Lewis with it. So I'm just more draw from personal experiences, and I had a lot of life experience. That's why I always say life experience is the best acting class you can go to for me personally, because I can draw from all these different experiences and apply them to scenes I have on the show, whether regardless of what they are. And the more life.
Speaker 5: Experience you have, the more you can draw from no scene.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't really think about it that much.
Speaker 2: That's what I would do. That's right.
Speaker 3: If I was the first guy to rolling a bag dad, I wouldn't think about it too much.
Speaker 2: If I was running around out there with Joe Montagna, they ever did a show about a guy that thinks he knows everything but really doesn't, I would just apply my life and I would freaking rocket to the top. You would have a rocket to the top. It'd be no stopping you. No, there would not help me out with something here, Chuck, Lorie, can we write that show? Can we write the pilot?
Speaker 3: You got your star, mister Nolan, that's flexiler tomorrow. We know that if Kates gets our credentials, he'll get our twenty dollars meal vouchers.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Live at Dodger Stadium, Manyana. Oh yah ya, Dodgers Philly's Game three of the NLD.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah,