Speaker 1: Last night. We had such a fun time.
Speaker 2: We got to go out to the Cambria Hotel and our good friends over there through a little party with Colleen and Kim and Nick Naw and Tony Trevado.
Speaker 3: That was a beautiful party. It was a really nice party to celebrate you.
Speaker 2: Anna looked amazing last night. All you guys looked amazing. But Anna is so new to the show that sometimes you don't get a chance to see people outside of their their element. And you know, we work with each other on an everyday basis, but we got to I got to we clean up nice and everybody looked beautiful. Everybody was dressed to impress. Everybody had even Zach had full on makeup. It was amazing. Haircut, he got a fresh cut. It was amazing. But Anna, like, I was like, holy cow. I was like, man, look at this. And I had to be like, we're careful to not like go overly do it. But you know how sometimes you see somebody and you're like, you remember going to school, and you go to school with all these people, and you'd have that girl in school that all of a sudden would show up at the middle school dance and mom did her hair or something, and you're like, oh my god, it's.
Speaker 4: Like those old school movies where she takes the glasses off. It's almost like slow motion with Rachel Lee Cook.
Speaker 1: That was it was crazy.
Speaker 2: So and then I got up there to do the speech and I forgot So I'm sorry and I apologize.
Speaker 1: I forgive you.
Speaker 2: I will never let that happen ever again. Whish, I'm sorry. What's your name?
Speaker 1: It was fun.
Speaker 2: It was fun for everybody that came out to all the great clients that were there.
Speaker 1: Former co workers showed up, which was awesome.
Speaker 2: That was like, that was like the biggest surprise is uh that we I joke all the time about our sales department, how sometimes they're in and sometimes they're not. Former salespeople showed up. I mean, I'm thinking, you guys came all the way downtown. Our current sales people should come downtown. Who shouted to the most man.
Speaker 4: When you saw her face, she was like, Oh my god, I can't believe you're here.
Speaker 1: Di Vita's husband, Darryl.
Speaker 5: I love Darryl.
Speaker 1: Yes, di Vita's meant Darryl.
Speaker 2: Who if you've never met Darryl before, Daryl might be the sexiest man I've ever seen in my life.
Speaker 1: Let me pull up a picture of Daryl.
Speaker 3: She was rocking last night, kevl like this leather jacket, Kevin Coo.
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna lie you. You're a pretty man.
Speaker 2: This is the sexiest black man I have ever seen in my life, Daryl.
Speaker 4: So you were most surprised to see this sexy blake. That's Darryl If just walked Lookdavida literally just walked back.
Speaker 1: It's like, look at him real quick. Look at the second. How old do you think he is?
Speaker 4: I guess maybe it's to late forties.
Speaker 1: Maybe he's sixty one years old.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what they say, I know, Black Dole and Shade butter or.
Speaker 6: Do you right?
Speaker 1: Did you ask him how old he was? Mojo?
Speaker 2: I know we were talking and I said to him, like he just retired. You know, he worked, he was a he was the cable guy. She banged the cable guy if he did that laying that fiber and uh and and so I jokingly used to always say to him, I say, hey, man, you can't retire yet, you're too young.
Speaker 1: And he basically called out, you know how old he was?
Speaker 3: So can I complain about something yesterday though it was it was honestly, I had so much fun yesterday. I got to see people I haven't seen in a long time.
Speaker 5: It was just a fun.
Speaker 3: Party overall until I walked back out to my car and had this bad play. Oh my god, parking violation. You guys have a legitimate Yeah, well, you just got the key to the city yesterday and I got a freaking parking violation.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 3: I park in my spot across from t Bow at the Cambria, which is where the party was. I park right underneath a Park Detroit sign. I pay for zone one oh five for my car, write license plate, two dollars and fifteen cents for two hours. I come back out to a ticket and I'm like, why in the actual aft did I get a ticket? Well, it says violation. I parked in a no standing zone.
Speaker 1: So I look.
Speaker 3: I see the science as no standing. I'm like, what in the heck does that mean? I wasn't standing there? I parked there right under the Park Detroit sign which told me to pay, and I did.
Speaker 5: What does no standing?
Speaker 3: Why did I get a forty five dollars ticket? What do you think no standing means don't stand? Right there, there's a bus stop a little bit down the way.
Speaker 1: That's stupid.
Speaker 3: I literally have no idea what that means. And if it's if it's not, if I'm not supposed to park there? Why did it say?
Speaker 1: One?
Speaker 5: Why wasn't there a sign that said no parking? And two? Why was the park Detroit sign right there with all the info?
Speaker 1: There you go?
Speaker 2: And honestly, I do not know what means so confused. But if it is no parking, put no parking, put no parking. But I don't think they're the same though. Really, all right, somebody needs to call us up and tell us that is it's so mad. So Detroit is different than any place I've ever been I've lived in. I've lived in Phoenix, Chicago, I've lived in uh gosh, I don't know Paraguay.
Speaker 1: No, I haven't.
Speaker 2: So when when I say this with you know, I say this with pure affinity because I just got the key to the city. You guys are all crazy here in Detroit with parking. The fact that we have the parking Nazi here in Eastern Market who gives random tickets for you're not you're too close to the corner. Nobody learns that in driver's education class, you know what I mean, like you got to put a sign up. I actually think I was going to have a conversation with Christo's I think we should put a sign up saying literally, do not park here or you will get a ticket. Because our clients are getting tickets, and they are the people that don't want you don't want them being salty about coming down to visit our studios.
Speaker 4: I think the parking person is being slick because I think their excuse is the difference of color in the concrete, and that is supposed to be able to quote unquote clearly identify where you can park and where you shouldn't.
Speaker 2: But the difference in color and the concrete is because this concrete.
Speaker 1: Sucks and they had to like redo it like five or six times.
Speaker 3: You know, it's so crazy to I'm looking at the time I got this ticket. I got it six minutes after I arrived. I got there at quarter two, quarter to five, four point fifty one.
Speaker 5: The ticket was Kevin.
Speaker 3: She would love to.
Speaker 7: Get one of these parking workers on the show to get.
Speaker 3: Thank you officer with this with the initials beat calle bt.
Speaker 2: I parked in the lives the street to serve today. I was gonna valet. I should have valeted, because the valets were all huge listeners. They were great, they were really cool. And I didn't valet because honestly, I wanted to do my Irish goodbye and I didn't want to have to wait out.
Speaker 3: In front of the bout, which, by the way, you did. The rest of us were all there going Where did Mojo Goo? Did he leave his own party early?
Speaker 1: And you did?
Speaker 8: I told him that today and he's like, no, I walked right past Colleen on the way out.
Speaker 2: I did, Okay, you didn't say, boy, hell, she helped me carry stuff to the car. It was very nice.
Speaker 1: Did say about any of us?
Speaker 2: I was getting out of there like four thirty to six thirty. I was out there at six thirty five. Do we know when no standing meanshit?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Nobody call has called yet eight eight four four six six five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And see if there's anybody that's gotten a no standing ticket, Please tell me what it means to call us up.
Speaker 2: A couple of Texters here, you ain't lying, went down for a Lions game and ended up getting a boot.
Speaker 4: They they're still boot You had tickets they ain't just throw a.
Speaker 1: You for no reason.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's that's the cheerry on top of a lot of things.
Speaker 2: Three one three. This is the way for the city to get money. Another absolutely it is another one here. Worse than the parking tickets are the parking lot people. Those tickets are actually cheaper, you know what. That's actually true. They have forty five dollars ticket, believe it or not, is cheaper than you guys are charging eighty dollars when you come down.
Speaker 3: Here for a pict not be allowed by the way, that's all both lines.
Speaker 8: Actually, I talked to a police parking officer on time because I was asking her. I was like, hey, can I park here? And she's like, no, I'm going to ticket you. But honestly, it's cheaper than parking in a lot, so you should just park.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they don't tell you at all. No, Hey, Joe, do you know what no standing means?
Speaker 8: I sure do.
Speaker 6: It says a no standing zone is an area where it can only.
Speaker 9: Make a temporary stop to pick up or drop off passengers.
Speaker 5: Why don't they just write no parking?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: After six minutes, How did they know that you weren't just stopping to drop off or pick up.
Speaker 3: I mean, I wasn't in my vehicle. Seriously, why don't they just put a no parking sign there?
Speaker 8: Though?
Speaker 2: And I've seen, Joe, I've seen where they actually will put and say loading zone, Like why not put it as a loading which I would know not to park there.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's just that's.
Speaker 8: The city's way of making more money from you.
Speaker 4: I mean, if it says no in front of it, you probably shouldn't park.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well but why but why have the why have the parking app ad there?
Speaker 1: It really aptive? What means it's probably a long street? Hey, Tiffany, what's up? It's probably other areas. What's going on?
Speaker 10: So no standing is that you're not allowed to even stop for a brief moment, So you can't even park. You can't stop. I got the same parking ticket. I had to go to Frank Murphy Hall for court, and I walked out and I got the same.
Speaker 1: Ticket that Shannon Gods.
Speaker 2: I like, by the way, that the Frank Murphy Hall of Justice. It sounds like Marvel Comics or something.
Speaker 1: Like that, doesn't it.
Speaker 5: It does.
Speaker 1: It's so cool. Uh, what's up, Wayne? How you doing? Oh? I lost? Wayne? Let's go to LaBelle, Hi, LaBelle, what's up?
Speaker 7: Hi?
Speaker 8: No mo?
Speaker 4: How's everybody?
Speaker 1: Everybody's good?
Speaker 9: But Shannon, you try to figure four. But my question, he is, when you live in Chicago? Did you live like in the city of the suburbs? Parking in Chicago is complete and.
Speaker 2: Saying when I lived in this Chicago, I lived in the stup but I would go to college downtown. I went to Columbia College. Now I'm gonna mind. I'm going to tell you this, LaBelle, this is no joke. I had seventy two tickets. Oh my god, seventy two tickets, and I yes, did get booted and got towed and I had to go to my dad when I was a college student and ask my dad for money to get my car unbooted, which was not a very happy moment. I had seventy two because here's the thing, I was a college kid paying for my own parking, and LaBelle, you know this, Parking in Chicago is more expensive than even parking in Detroit.
Speaker 8: It is.
Speaker 4: I took my son once and I paid more in parking than I paid for the whole It's crazy, I know. Can we go in a couple of days for the Hall of Fame. Do you still got like parking unpaid parking tickets?
Speaker 5: So we want to you're not driving?
Speaker 2: Actually, you know what the best is is that Jacob lives there, and Jacob has a couple of parking spots, so we'll like go there and leave a car and then come back, you know, with an Uberts cheaper that way.
Speaker 1: What's up, Nikki? How you doing?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 3: First time?
Speaker 6: Long time? Okay, thank you. So when I was driving, I'm sixty years old. When I started driving, that was one of the first things my dad taught me. There's no standing and I said, well, what does that mean? I too thought it might be couldn't stand in the spot let Shannon thought, what no standing means is your vehicle cannot be running in a park area. Obviously Shannon's car wasn't running, but that's what no standing means.
Speaker 3: Wow, I know, I felt like the biggest idiot, honestly guy. When I got in my car, I'm like, I don't even know what this means.
Speaker 2: Dad for teaching you that, though, Yeah, And the problem is, no dads now are teaching that.
Speaker 1: That stopped a long time ago.
Speaker 2: Nikki, Can I can I tell you that the guy that I parked with across the street said to me when I was parking in that lot there he goes. He goes, yeah, by the way, you're gonna have to pull out of this area and move a cone.
Speaker 1: I said, what do you mean? He goes, I'm going home for the night.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking to myself, I should have waited five more minutes for the guy to go home for the night. And then when I go home for the night, you know, guy, all right, but uh.
Speaker 1: Hold glad you had a good party yesterday. It was fine. It was fine.
Speaker 2: We we missed you only because of the picture that we took which photo shop. But did you see that at least they chose a picture that all had all blacks, Lydia and Bianca and uh and uh Anna I almost forgot her name again, Sorry, Shannon Zach myself like, we all got in the picture and then we were like, we gotta have Kevin this picture because it's not complete. So I appreciate that was there in spirit for sure. Hold on a second, Eric, are you a parking guy? Did you do parking tickets?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 9: I'm a first time call her.
Speaker 2: Oh, but it says here I used to ticket people like you what does that mean.
Speaker 9: I worked over there in that department for twenty seven years. I was a tough seniority person there. But to whatever, I'm I'm still with the cities.
Speaker 2: Okay. Can I ask you a question. Can you find out who the lady is that works Eastern Market? Get her name, because I would like to give her a care package to make her actually a happy person.
Speaker 9: What's the badge number? I can find out?
Speaker 1: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: Let me look at one of my roman is not happy. She's not a happy camper. We had the mayor in with this yesterday and I said to the mayor, I'm like, mayor, you got to help us with this before you leave office.
Speaker 9: Well you know what a mayor, Well, I'm nine goa comment on that. But where she parked it, they got that no standing and it has that arrow, and I know exactly what you said their act.
Speaker 3: I swear to you there was not an arrow. There was absolutely a no standing sign. There was no arrow. It said no standing. There was no quote unquote this side of Steyn in parentheses. It literally was the no standing and on top of it was the park Detroit.
Speaker 1: Let's fight it.
Speaker 5: I'm not going to fight it. Because I don't. I honestly don't have the damn energy.
Speaker 3: But there was one hundred percent on my life, no arrow right there.
Speaker 9: Run not fight it because they take pictures. You know, we had to take pictures with the things. Two pictures. But they probably on the bottom of your ticket probably say no standing.
Speaker 3: It does, it doesn't say but it doesn't say bus stop. It literally just says no standing.
Speaker 7: At least you didn't get a bus stop tickets. I think those are like more expensive. Eric, if you can fix her ticket, I'll give each