Speaker 1: On air at AM five seventy LA Sports and on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: This is the Petrosen Money Show.
Speaker 1: You are one of the kind, hosted by Petros Papaday guests left school after sixth grade. Look at him and the voice of the Bolts, Matt money Smith. The answer is money. There is nothing you can do. You know it's coming. This is the Petros and Money Show.
Speaker 3: On the home of your world champion, Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Make us your top preset on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Different vibe with anybody here right, You just gotta be here and hark again the crowing cock, how drowsily it crew?
Speaker 3: Call me you Petrosen Money AM five seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Dodger Baseball Tonight from the Galloping Ford Broadcast Booth seven to ten pm. First pitch. Tyler glasnow will on the mound. And there is a bobblehead that will cause quite a stir in traffic. Oh, in a people line, we'll discuss it further in a parking lot packed scenario.
Speaker 2: Discussed it yesterday and some of the logistics involve everybody. Yeah, Tim Kates is all over it and it is a huge topic. Not as big as Steve Hartman being in for the midday show, but big. Two times in three days. Hartman on the air on a five seventy LA Sports What the f are they doing over at AM five seventy saw a billboard that said that on my way into work. But tonight is a big night Dodgers versus Rangers, and we'll start our coverage at six. Clippers Portland is also going to be on AM eleven fifty and in reference to that's a.
Speaker 3: Big one.
Speaker 2: For them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a big one. Winner, That one's going to take the eight seed, you know, Yeah, that's a big one. You're right, a real big one. We also like to suka in our minds. Despite what the cat thinks, uh, the Frogman Friday is also.
Speaker 4: A big krogman.
Speaker 2: A dreary scene.
Speaker 3: Now flows between men, but neither heat, nor frost nor thunder shall wholly do away.
Speaker 2: I ween the marks of that which once half beat stilted language. Man, there's no filth Coleridge, Christopher everybody knows.
Speaker 3: On a Frogman Friday, we'd like to celebrate the greatness of Mike Nelson, played by Lloyd Bridges, one of the finest actors of our time and space, especially when it comes to adventure television of the nineteen.
Speaker 2: Sixties couldn't be anything else.
Speaker 3: It certainly couldn't be anybody but Mike Nelson, the Undersea Mercenary and our favorite show of all time produced Ride Off Ranchi palas Verni's Coast Seahawks.
Speaker 5: Well, that solves our mystery.
Speaker 6: Hey, sure looks like the marks of an octopus, all right, but an octavist never attacks for do you me. I know it's got a pretty bad reputation, but at least in my experience, it's just not aggressive.
Speaker 7: You ever tangle with one.
Speaker 6: Oh, they've never bothered me.
Speaker 8: You see the marks.
Speaker 2: It couldn't be anything else saving our sharks thirteen to five? What are you nuts? We still got to take that Florida man. You know what that's like these days?
Speaker 9: You got the.
Speaker 10: Navy everywhere, you got frogmen, you got the EC twos with the satellite tracking, you got the spell two nine of salt choppers up the ass.
Speaker 2: We're losing one out of every nine loads. That's no duck walk anymore. Let me tell you, forget about money. What do you suggest that's reasonable.
Speaker 3: Well on, we need a rule for Dodger fan fan.
Speaker 9: Oh you're here tonight?
Speaker 5: Oh you know you know?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, oh you you know?
Speaker 2: You know you O?
Speaker 9: Yeah, you know you Now.
Speaker 3: Logistically, Matthe's bobblehead is a better situation than the Yoshi bobble head that cost so much chaos last week. The pneumonium gene more are being given away, but not everybody, not everybody. What are the numbers?
Speaker 2: Tim? Once again, it's fifty six to fifty four? Am I wrong to say?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it holds fifty six? Fifty four thousand bibble hoods given? Now when you say it holds fifty six. If we were to go through the schedule thus far this season, I have not seen an attendance number over fifty three nine hundred. So is that is it? Is it fifty six? If they choose to sell like an extra thousand standing room only kind of things, and that only.
Speaker 2: Happens, that's how many they're gonna let in.
Speaker 3: They're gonna let in fifty six tonight on.
Speaker 2: The biggest nights, and depending on how many people actually go through the turnstiles, they only have fifty four to give away. So there's two thousand people, So what time is Ronnie leaving? Like though, we're gonna get into it, like those were drowned and the dead sea when they're trying to get across. Not everybody made it. Most of the tribes of Israel made it, but I few were stragglers and they got sucked in about two thousand. They were scrolling and that's what I yeah, and that's what's gonna happ scrolling moving. Yeah, you hold up that big ass scroll and next thing you know, you lose sight of Joshua's staff and then here it is. But this is this is an interesting situation because some people are very worried about it. We're not the only ones, Matt, like you said, that are worried about Ronnie. Ronnie's harrowing tale of loss and despair not getting the Yoshi bobblehead and his son Julian really really rubbing it in and wagging the bobblehead around and right straight right in front of his j I don't know their dad like that. No, no, no, that's taking away too far. I can't talk about dark nipples. But geez uh So anyway, you're not the only one. What happened to Ronnie was bad. He didn't get the Yoshi bobblehead. He was one of the ten thousand or whatever.
Speaker 3: Right, they only gave away forty that missed you got Like that night, there were fifty three, six fourteen there.
Speaker 2: If Ronnie lived in the Old Testament times, he'd be a dead body on the bottom of the dead Sea when the water walls crashed in this time and we're not even sure if he's going, and we don't want to know yet, but this time things could be different now on the talkback even Matt, the talkback.
Speaker 3: Feature on the iHeartRadio app, hit the red button, leave your message, Tim Kates Corrals.
Speaker 2: Oh, by the way, we have we have doctored our new talkback jingle and made it a proper jingle. Oh our guy, Yeah, but we've doctored it to make it a proper okay jingle. Would you like to hear that?
Speaker 3: I would love to.
Speaker 11: They're talking impact the pm as talkbacks, talkbacks.
Speaker 12: He used to call the glitter as a response.
Speaker 3: Good stuff, So a professional no thoughts you'd like that? I mean, that's perfect right, that's a network TV level.
Speaker 11: They're talking impact the pm ass talkbags talkbacks.
Speaker 12: You used to call it clitteris a response.
Speaker 2: The LA Olympics are going to call. Tim Kates is an imaging guy.
Speaker 3: Nodab What did I say, Petros? I feel like one, like a family guy style. Yeah, you did right, and you found it a lot of horns.
Speaker 11: He used to talk in him back the BMS talkbags talkbacks all right.
Speaker 12: He used to call it clitter is a response.
Speaker 2: Very good, Tim, we'll play it again later. Here here is a concerned Petros and money listener regarding Ronnie and the upcoming And by the way, we do have one in the building. We have a bobblehead. We're not allowed to give it away, but we do have a I've already called Dibbs. Here is our concerned talkback listen.
Speaker 8: Here, Ronnie, I know you've got shorted on the bobblehead last time, but just my recommendation, No, it is fifty four thousand. Maybe you should leave like a few minutes earlier, just in case this time around too.
Speaker 13: What do you think?
Speaker 8: Wow?
Speaker 2: What do you think? Very wow?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 10: You know, I really do appreciate the concern that comes here.
Speaker 8: It comes back fifty four thousand. Maybe you should leave like a few minutes earlier, just in case this time around too.
Speaker 10: As our good friend Victor Brick would say, that's sage advice. But guys, as it turns out, I do not have a ticket to the Net's ball by What do you think? Well, I think that I won't be getting a babblehead regardless. We knew you were going to ruin it for Ronnie. We knew you were going to ruin this whole story.
Speaker 3: We wanted a report, we wanted to celebrate.
Speaker 2: What are we supposed to do now? Didn't she?
Speaker 3: But you Gotani's greatest game?
Speaker 9: What do you think?
Speaker 2: I mean?
Speaker 7: Think?
Speaker 2: What do you think?
Speaker 10: What do you suppose that I could, you know, make a phone call and perhaps get a day pass for a press.
Speaker 2: Confidential TONI bobblehead value?
Speaker 3: I think that's why I said, perhaps Kates, perhaps not?
Speaker 2: What do you think about giving Ronnie our coveted Shani bobblehead? I don't want to say that. I shouldn't say that.
Speaker 3: At least the who was the bibblehead sent to? Is it a day? So it's a Dave and he gave it to well, he loaned it out to the show yesterday to promote it, to promote it, okay, and it had to be returned to his office.
Speaker 2: So they gave us a bibblehead to promote it.
Speaker 3: But you didn't throw it off of the roof of the building. No, because that's typically what we would have done in years past.
Speaker 2: No, you weren't here. Matt Kates is in a very giving mood, but you're right. It is kind of a BS thing. If you want us to promote the bibblehead, send us all bobblehead us the bibblehead. Instead, they gave us one. Use it in a video to promote.
Speaker 3: You bring it back.
Speaker 9: What do you think?
Speaker 3: I think I'm gonna throw it off the roof. That's what I'm gonna do. I gonna throw it out the one thirty four.
Speaker 2: Is it still here? Do you think? I think that's illegal?
Speaker 3: Though, I think we might get in trouble if you threw it off the one thirty that's like the turkey drop and JRP. We'll throw it into the courtyard private property.
Speaker 2: You're right. The Pinnacle people love us. They love us.
Speaker 3: We are very popul and they really don't take much interest in landscaping at all.
Speaker 7: Here.
Speaker 3: It's really just falling apart down there.
Speaker 2: I think it's really wonderfully, cap Matt. I think it's a well manicured garden. I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: I have access to it. It's in somebody's office right now. Whose office?
Speaker 2: What is it on tour?
Speaker 3: Like the Stanley Cup. That's why it's this is the dumbest thing. God, I hate I hate it in Sharon's office. Conway can promote it.
Speaker 2: As much fun as bobblehead culture is like, it's become ridiculous. We should all get if they want us to promote it, we should all get babble.
Speaker 3: Roof that's going to promote it. I mean, that's that's a video that look, can you walk down all the radio jack offs are arrested for throwing Bobblehead off the roof and creating gigantic Friday traffic jam in Burbank, California? Where is it? Kates? Whose office is it in? It is in a director of marketing, Dave Weice's all okay. I thought maybe if it was in like a KFI. Tim Conway is going to be talking about it tonight. John cole Belt's gonna be talking about it. Then we gotta grab it and throw it off the roof. But is it still in the box. It's still in the box.
Speaker 2: So that's kind of like that. If we can't have you, no one cared, exactly, I'm gonna kill my lover in public kind of thing.
Speaker 3: Maybe not quite that extreme.
Speaker 2: Throwing a babble head off the roof of the traffic. Matt, it's pretty.
Speaker 3: Extreme, Honius, to promote it. Here's your promotion right here, Matt. Yesterday social media. Matt came in and asked Petros to do a video. I didn't even think anything of it. And then Matt shows up the next day for work. What we should all get bobbleheads? These thrown off the road. We were gonna give it away and there was the fastest no repeed. Now that ever, that's infuriating. We can't give it away to a lista, well, it goes God forbid we give away a bobblehead. Oh, it's a terrible memory in my life. Terrible.
Speaker 2: But many years ago, we were doing the summer tour and we had a sponsor. Arco was a sponsor and they had hand of the Hula Girl. They gave us a hand of the hula girl bob ahead for the desk while we were doing a show at.
Speaker 3: Vandam Carriage was arguably our drunkest summer tour stop ever. People were freaking toss heavy beers because it was heavy beers and they were drinking them like they were freaking cores.
Speaker 2: Live.
Speaker 3: But some people are.
Speaker 2: Tall, drunk or not.
Speaker 3: People always want stuff on the desk, and this guy asked for the hand of the Hula girl and I said, yeah, take it, it's another plastic bobblehead.
Speaker 2: And then David Weize came back. He was like, that's the original hand of the Hula girls worth thousands? How could you do that right in the middle of the show. And I threatened Dave Weeze's live.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you re acted really good, really well.
Speaker 2: I did not react well what I believe. I threatened his life and kicked him out of the venue. You did both of those things, yes, and then.
Speaker 3: You let me ruined everything, and they've ruined everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did. And then I took an uber home when the show was over. Yeah, I just left.
Speaker 3: I ended up staying and having like four more sours with your brothers. I was glad that you enjoyed yourself. I was like, I can't see yeah, but I got black. Fore I'm like don't don't put stuff on our desk. We're doing a three hour radio show. We're trying to carry this whole thing, and you put this whole thing on me, and then you scolded me and admonished me. No, I did not react well, but I think that his gauge of the situation was the one that was really off Kates. But those were the ones from the commercial.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I don't care.
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Why would you give them to us in the middle of a darkened brew house with three hundred drunks surrounding us, Like that's that's not where you can show me a work of art and Brandon Mebane, yeah, Mebane to hand us a doll and say, hey, dance monkey, do a promotion on our Instagram with this thing?
Speaker 2: Oh cool?
Speaker 3: Can we give it away? And what happened?
Speaker 7: Kates?
Speaker 2: No quickest, no ever, Matt's bitterness about the O Tawani bobblehead has awakened a real negative spark in light off the roof. And I remember the hand of the Hula Girls situation, and now I'm angry, right, go get the bobblehead, Kates, and let's throw it off.
Speaker 3: Now I've been triggered.
Speaker 2: Now I'm flamed up. I haven't inflamed perneum. You know what's gonna help that?
Speaker 3: I have been out of shape? You know what's going to reduce that swelling? Passing a bobblehead off the roof right there into the courtyard. What will film it? It'll get traction, We'll become social media stars, It'll go viral, change everything, change everything. Brand ambassadors for Paul's parachutes.
Speaker 2: Handed the hula girl's going to be begging us to give her away now Paul's parachute, you idiot. Although I still am bitter about that, that bobblehead situation. That was poorly handed.
Speaker 3: It was just like ten years ago.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, what else do I have to fin years? What else? Pandemic? I know that, What else do I have to think about? Yeah, my brother in law hasn't brewed beer in a long ast time.
Speaker 3: That was some good stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was a great brood stuf. They did say that he was LA's greatest underground brewer we experienced at first. Now he's into nineteenth century photography and making the perfect mineral water. What about the coffee, Simon, Yeah, yeah, oh yeah, KFE coffee that's still going well. Yeah, but once it becomes a business, he has to find some other avenue.
Speaker 3: But anyway, know if nineteenth century photography is going to become a business.
Speaker 2: Oh people, you cannot imagine how many people had lined.
Speaker 3: Up, more people than for the Tani bibblehead tonight. Yeah, don't you know all those western old tiny mall shots. Yes, Kate, what if you combined both? And he tried to find nineteenth century mineral water?
Speaker 2: So look at that?
Speaker 9: You know what? You know what?
Speaker 2: Nineteenth century mineral water is called mineral water from the ground? Godgy tools?
Speaker 3: What because you got triggered by this? I'm so mad now I'm mad about handing the hula girl. And no I didn't handle it well.
Speaker 2: But you know what Kate's I was bs if I may, Kates, I shouldn't have threatened his life.
Speaker 7: No, you shouldn't have.
Speaker 3: I think you shouldn't have told him he ruined everything.
Speaker 2: And he did everything he did, He did ruin it all. He ruined it for me.
Speaker 3: Fifty four thousand's gonna cover everybody, I believe, right, No, yeah, I mean why would they say that then, Matt, I don't I've never seen fifty six thousand at Dodger Stadium, like I have never seen that number.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that before the greatest game ever played was played, and the greatest bibblehead part one of the greatest game ever played was given away tries one.
Speaker 4: Sound real dig you good? So hey, old Tony, the.
Speaker 2: Stuff of legend. Let's say you're Ronnie Fossio and the last time there was a big coveted bibblehead.
Speaker 3: Right, you're in there.
Speaker 2: Everybody's shaking their bobblehead in your face, your son's doing inappropriate things with it, as you've alleged. Hey look at Yoshi's turtle head dead bah.
Speaker 3: All over your ribly.
Speaker 8: Terrible earlier just in case this time around too.
Speaker 2: So let's say you're Ronnie foss right, and you got screwed over last time.
Speaker 13: What do you think?
Speaker 2: But everybody's saying like, hey, don't you worry, Ronnie.
Speaker 3: I think he's fine.
Speaker 2: Everybody Yeah, you think, you think? But there's that.
Speaker 3: Little chance I don't think there's.
Speaker 2: That little chance that you could be one of the two thousand that's asked out. You could be one of the left behind after the rapture, And what are you gonna do? You're gonna be smashed up against that fence like Red Dawn because you know I'm right? Am I wrong? Am I wrong? Can I get some support? Cats can nitpick?
Speaker 3: But when if there's when has there ever been fifty six thousand there?
Speaker 2: When have you ever said not to nitpick?
Speaker 3: I mean, if we're really nitpicking, why not just order two more thousand of those things that everybody gets? I think fifty four covers everybody.
Speaker 10: I think what I'm gonna have to do, guys, is next time, I'm gonna take the day off and just get in line.
Speaker 3: Do you think No, Ronnie, You're gonna have to go tonight after the show. You're gonna have to be the last in and see whether or not you get the bibble. I'm gonna be honest. That way we're gonna settle this. This will not be a gentle pushback. This will be a tavernly shove. If it was everybody, they would say what they said last year, everybody gets one. It's so Tony bobblehead, right. They're not saying that, They're saying fifty four. Otherwise they would say everybody gets one.
Speaker 7: So mad.
Speaker 10: If I do go to the game, you know I have a few bobbleheads sitting at home. Should I do what that one guy did when I went to the Yoshi bibblehead and try to barter like have like like a Will Smith and like Dave Robert the ice Cube bobblehead. Say hey guy, you know I'll trade. You'll give you these three sweet bobbleheads from from last season for that.
Speaker 2: One Yoshi bubble to hot, too hot, too hot of a bobble head, greatest game ever. You're screwed, Ronnie. You're not going to get a ticket. You're not getting in there. You're out.
Speaker 3: Do you think, hey, maybe there's something the fairy is happening here. Maybe they say fifty four thousand, but they don't really have fifty four thousand. And then when the people that come really late don't get a bobblehead, they're like, sorry, well we said fifty four thousand. But it's like, well wait a minute, well here's the problem. Mat When they announced the official tendance is fifty three thousand, seven hundred and forty nine, right, like, wait a second, there should be three hundred people that.
Speaker 2: I mean, we're good. I mean I would never ever ever point a finger at the Dodgers and say they planted any nefarious seeds better in the garden of Blue Heaven. But but, but all I'm pointing out is it is a different language than the other O Tommy Bobblehead Night last year when they said everybody gets one. They're not saying that this time in fifty four thousand, exactly, Matt.
Speaker 3: That's why I suggest, well, no, you're saying, well, everybody's potential. I'm saying no, it's not cool. So maybe it's you could still be left out the farious seeds. I'm not saying that either. I would like to know why the two thousand gap. Fifty four thousand suggests everybody.
Speaker 2: But why But they don't say that. They say fifty four as opposed to saying everybody like they said last year. I can tell you don't like it. You've really been able to flatten it out. The other thing you can I really want to do hammered it out like a Calamari steak, Matt. The one thing you can't do is like show up with four tickets and get four bobbleheads like they were doing. Oh right now, you can go in once, get the bobblehead, and then go out and go in another entrance.
Speaker 3: Which I think people would do that. That's sick in the head. What are those Yoshi bibbleheads going for? Have we checked online just twenty five thousand piece?
Speaker 6: Is that it.
Speaker 3: Thought they'd be fetching more?
Speaker 2: How many hits? Does might try to have? Eight hundred? We'll be righty.
Speaker 3: Drinks for you today, None.
Speaker 2: Have seventy l A Sports. We'll part it up on the other side, Kates Don McClain and will join us next. No drinks today, but probably some zins. This is Petro Sinema to mand demand, demand, bet.
Speaker 3: Your some money AM by seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Dodger Baseball Tonight, Clipper Basketball Tonight. Both played at the exact same time. One right here. You guessed it, the Clipper game on AM eleven fifty. Sometimes you just gotta laugh.
Speaker 2: We love Don McClain.
Speaker 3: Camp mcclan is underway, young man marching across the country, whistling in Unison to work for Dawn.
Speaker 2: He works for.
Speaker 3: CIA Big ten Network, Pack twelve Network, FS one. The next ass he kisses will be the first yet. He is a respected man in the basketball community and beyond.
Speaker 7: Youth baseball barbecues and golf lock statues, a private neighborhood, and an aloof attitude on your southern California.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what to either celebrity hotline. It is the one and only Don McLain on the patch of somebody show what's cragging?
Speaker 5: Don a loop attitude?
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's been a long week getting this thing going. It always is guys coming in and getting them organized. But I just flipped on the Masters and ripped off the top of a liquid candy from Tarantula Hill, So we go, all good?
Speaker 3: Can we just start a weekend?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Cooper flag can't stop me from bringing this liquid candy candy? All right, Ton, I guess we'll start with the tournament. Were you happy to see the team that you predicted to win it all win it all? Did it make any kind of impression on you or are we just on to Camp McLain and who really can No?
Speaker 5: No, I think it validated well. First of all, two of those guys are coming on Monday. They have their championship parade tomorrow, Mara and Mores Johnson, So I was happy for them, obviously. I've talked to them throughout the year, but it was obvious to me in December. And not that I know everything, but I think I know a lot. And when I saw what they did at the Players Era and like beating Gazaga by forty, Auburn by forty, San Diego State by forty, like that's unusual. It's not like they just won that tournament. They dominated. And when that happens, you kind of say, well, if they're interested and motivated, which you think they would be. And like a lot of teams, you get into conference season and you're not going to win every game, but they won most of them. But then you get ready for the tournament, it's time to turn it back on. And like it wasn't even close, Like they played terrible against Yukon and still won the game. Yeah, but they dismantled Tennessee, they dismantled the other teams they played in that tournament. And so wasn't surprised at all, just because of how good of a coach Dusty May is and how good of a job him and his staff did of putting that roster together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you mentioned putting it together. I mean it's you know, Illinois, North Carolina, UCLA. Petros was talking about it at the start of the week that Mick, you know, was taken some incoming for losing Mara. How much of that do you think was on Mick? How much of it was Michigan had all this scratch because clearly they got a lot of really good players from some big time programs that had money to spend themselves.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't know exactly the dynamic between Mara and Mick. I know that we all know how Mick is, and he challenges his players, He gets after him to try and get the most out of him. And I'm not sure that a die really loved that. I don't know that for sure. I'm just speculating, But you got to give Dusty make credit that he found a way to get the most out of Mara, and he was dominant in the final four. I mean, you know, he's gone from you know, probably an early second, mid second rounder to where now he's got a chance to get into the lottery. And I made the point I was talking to a team the other day, you know, if Zach Edy went ninth, why can't Mara be in the lottery. I mean, Mara is a better defensive player than Edie. Probably not as good offensively as Zach was in college, but the same effect with that gigantic size and his ability to affect the game on both ends. So I was happy for a Guy of the Year he had, And again give Dusty Maine a staff credit for kind of getting it out of them.
Speaker 3: They already got that dude from Tennessee stroked a big check for that one. Do you think UCLA is going to be able to compete with the likes of Michigan and what some of these schools are willing to spend out there.
Speaker 7: I think so.
Speaker 5: I mean, I think the problem is as much as these coaches can fundraise on their own and go through the collective and pay them that way, I think a lot of this match is going to come down to and it's just starting, so I don't think we're going to see it for another year or two. You know what the rev share looks like and how that you know the focus on football and how much of that twenty million goes to football, how much is left for basketball in other sports? I think that's what's going to be the key is if you can fundraise and schools like Michigan UCLA have people that are willing to donate, But what is the REV share look like? I think that's gonna be a big factor here in the next couple of years.
Speaker 2: What I really need, though, Don, is eight million dollars from somebody every single year, right, like taxi you know?
Speaker 5: I mean, yeah, yeah, by the way, it's not and by the way, you can't write it off?
Speaker 2: What and what what are you willing to do for twenty twenty seven? I see what you've done for twenty twenty six, but let's start talking about twenty twenty seven. Uh, the one and it's not a sustainable system, the one and only. We'll see what happens, though. Don McClain is our guest and we're always thrilled to have him.
Speaker 9: Don.
Speaker 2: The Lakers, well, it all changed from last week, didn't it. Everything's falling apart. Uh what do you do if you're there the Lakers? No, No, they can't. They just play out the string, Like how do you handle this? If you're the Lakers? And if you're Luca you're really trying to come back that hard? Jeez?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean here's the thing. Any team with anybody on the roster can win a game in the NBA. We've seen it for years. But if you're talking about winning a seven game series without Luca, without Reeves, it's probably not gonna happen. It looks like they're probably going to play the Rockets, which is a good matchup for them, and I believe they've done pretty well against them this year. But if you don't have Luca in Reeves, I mean, the whole defensive game plan is gonna lock Lebron down, get it out of his hands, then you know where do you go from there? So it's unfortunate that those two guys got hurt. If they come back, I suppose it changes things, but it's definitely not good for the.
Speaker 3: Lakers in terms of kind of like you said, the matchup with with Houston, it is matchups, right, A lot of times you just get a bad one. Last year, they got a bad one in the first round with Minnesota, do you think and they're gonna tip it off here pretty soon? Can you see Oklahoma City? Not that they need to avoid anyone, but sitting there guys tonight against the Nuggets to make sure they stay there at number three and Houston doesn't slide in there so they can they can tangle with the Spurs in the second round.
Speaker 5: Well, you said it right off the top, mat like we saw and we talked about this last week, and again similar to what I was saying about Michigan, you get you know, it's a long regular season. You're not gonna win every game, but there's certain games you get up for. And one of them was a Laker game last week or the week before, and they beat them by forty. So I think that whatever you think about the Thunder and what they've done in the regular season, does it matter because they're going to take it up another level in the playoffs. And so I just don't see when they're when they're right and engaged and motivated, there's not a team in the NBA that's beating them in a seven game series right now.
Speaker 3: Does it matter? I mean, tonight we've got the Clippers and Portland Clippers could end up facing the Thunder in the in the first round.
Speaker 2: Does it matter?
Speaker 3: Does it matter if they're the eight or if they're the nine. Does you know you're you're the eight?
Speaker 9: Is that a camp?
Speaker 3: But what they know is their value for this Clippers team to get into the playoffs and play a series against the Spurs or.
Speaker 5: The Thunder congratulations for getting out of the play in. You either got the spurs or the thunder.
Speaker 3: Yeah, can Coon, You're better off just going to CanCon early a couple of weeks early. Yeah, get out of here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, nice job on winning the plane guys, but season over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, does cam McLain operate during the weekends or do those guys go to like David Busters on the weekends?
Speaker 5: Saturday mornings, we're in there. We're six days a week man, Sunday's off, that's.
Speaker 2: It, Sunday's David Busters.
Speaker 5: Hopefully you guys.
Speaker 2: Do you ever have some of those lanky dudes over for barbecue.
Speaker 5: Or now you I thought about it, but there's so many of them and it really not to sound cheap or anything else, but if you invite one, you invite them all. And some of these guys come out with like four and five people, so it's like a seventy five person party if I have a barbecue over here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Di Mar's entire Spanish family is here from major town.
Speaker 5: It's like, you know, these guys come out with their sisters and their girlfriends and their mom, dad, uncle. It's like, I'd love to have you guys over, but I'm not spending twenty grand on a Sunday barbecue.
Speaker 2: You guess that's a long way away from old cowboy Don McClain riding solo back in the nineties. Done exactly just as you're.
Speaker 5: Right, I could do when I could do two try tips for the three McClain boys of my wife.
Speaker 7: That's my speed.
Speaker 2: There he goes best the best. Don mcclan, Thank you, Don. We'll talk to you next week.
Speaker 5: I guys, have a good weekend.
Speaker 2: Good luck with camp mcclan. We'll have more reaction.
Speaker 3: React.
Speaker 2: Stop with the talkbacks. If we play them, that's fine.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: We don't need to promote them. They're very polarizing. Dos Have you heard what Same Time Waite Junior is doing with a talkback? Have you heard what he's doing with this line? App Guys, do you know who else is right the talkback? Like National Velvet Fasset he is? He dropped a dime on him on Dodger Talk. Yeah boy, he's like, guess who's using.
Speaker 8: The drop back your latino?
Speaker 2: Your Latino glass? Yes, he and b go stay with us.
Speaker 1: Southern California's most listened to sports talk show.
Speaker 2: Money on Demand.
Speaker 3: Thanking of Don McLean David Vassell join us at the bottom of the four o'clock hour from Dodger Stadium. Big Bobblehead Night. It is greatest game edition.
Speaker 2: Ever of all time. Nothing's ever happened, Nothing's ever happened.
Speaker 3: He'd Stephen Nelson stuff a legend man. Three home runs, ten strikeouts, didn't you? That is what is being given away number one and number two to commemorate his is tonight the hit or the pitch show, hal Toy the hit the hit Show hal Tony will be giving away tonight next time the pitch, next time the bitch.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 3: Thank you to Domaclaims and they have they believe they've guaranteed everybody a bobblehead.
Speaker 2: Everybody now that everybody now that they look, they change the language and people don't want to be asked out semantics.
Speaker 9: Is it?
Speaker 3: Ronnie? You go, you're getting a bibblehead, But now you're not going like this was your time to shine.
Speaker 2: You heard what the lady said, you should leave early, right? What do you think?
Speaker 9: What do you think?
Speaker 2: What do you think?
Speaker 3: I don't have a ticket, son of a bitch.
Speaker 8: It's like a few minutes earlier, just in case. This time around too.
Speaker 10: Well, I think maybe I'll take.
Speaker 2: The day off now I would leave.
Speaker 13: What do you think?
Speaker 2: I think it's a great idea.
Speaker 3: All right, we do have some Textoso's secret text us up fine, brought to you by your so called Toyota dealers.
Speaker 2: We make it easy. Come on, pee at all of Matt's ideas. Toss that freaking O TWI bobblehead from the rooftop.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that.
Speaker 3: They gave us one O TWI bobblehead to circulate amongst all the shows.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like the Eye and Clash of the Titans for the three Blind Witches, we can only have one eye the scene which we all see between all of us. They want us to promote promote the bobblehead, but only sent us one and didn't like I could give one to one of my kids or something, you know, Ronnie could keep it from his kids.
Speaker 3: Well, we don't do enough to promote the Dodgers ever, Clearly that's been a big issue for this show.
Speaker 2: So Madden Protest wants to take the one bobblehead and throw it onto the one thirty four, which is a serious crime.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I suppose if it had it, but then I adjusted, if you adjusted to throw in the courtyard. We'd have Tim Kates down there filming. We'd aim for Kate's and obviously, being the athlete that he is, he'd be able to move out of the way at the last moment, like film like shattering into one hundred p gave Letterman. Yeah, exactly like super Dave Osbourne. Typical chap ass money Smith for shame? What for shame?
Speaker 2: Like coming in with all that anger, throw the robble out off the roof. I'm content, man, I'm glad Ronnie didn't get a Yoshi. That's what he gets for coucking the karaoke machine for the sho show. Oh wear it, Ronnie, you bitch.
Speaker 9: What do you think?
Speaker 3: Wow? I did wear it apparently.
Speaker 2: Oh that's harsh, harsh?
Speaker 9: What do you think.
Speaker 2: I think that throwing anything off of the last time we went to the roof, Matt tried to burn an ear candle on my ear.
Speaker 3: And Ronnie was threatened with a firing.
Speaker 2: Our boss Don Martin called us and said, you're going to burn down the building and Ronnie's going to lose his job. Man, there's your bag and there's the door. That is what he said. Yeah, he did say that, and I have no idea how we could equate Matt trying to burn a blockage out of my ear with an ear candle and Ronnie getting fired and Ronnie losing his decades long job with the company. I do not know how those two translate. But that threat was le and that was the last time we were up on the roof and lighting an ear candle is nowhere near his divisive as throwing a bobblehead onto the one thirty four, one of the busiest freeways in the valley.
Speaker 3: Well, if we aim properly, it would land on the shoulder and then we're in great shape.
Speaker 2: Oh. Sure, you know.
Speaker 3: What if we threw it onto California Avenue.
Speaker 2: Did you guys post a video if you're committing a crime, I.
Speaker 3: Think we could throw it onto California Avenue. You can see both ways. Oh, we could get away with that.
Speaker 2: That's not a crime either.
Speaker 3: No, it's not a crime. Nobody gets it. We go sweep it up after we're done. It's not littering. I think it is still a crime, is it really?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think it's in public endangerment?
Speaker 9: What do you think?
Speaker 3: But if there's no public present, it's still the public they're not out there. Nobody there, and if we sweep up the remn If you sound like a sovereign citizen, I'm traveling, Listen.
Speaker 2: I'm not a I'm I'm just traveling. I'm not driving. I'm traveling.
Speaker 3: There's nobody that It's one of these traffic streets in Burbank. Kates, let's throw it off the roof. Don't do it, Matt, you know what, you'd go up there? Number of the day? Hey, six, you don't have the ball?
Speaker 2: Six?
Speaker 3: Oh I got the balls?
Speaker 2: You don't have the ball?
Speaker 3: Kates. Yeah, I don't want to be a part of this. Where's the bubblehead? You go up there and do it by yourself? Well, I need to have it filmed. No, take social media mat with you need to have it yourself to a selfie, you can do it yourself. Hey, everybody watch this? You know what?
Speaker 2: Fine? I want to find refuge in the talkbacks? Is there any talkback Skates? Please help me?
Speaker 13: God in heavens, can I please clean your bantalone? Is mister Papa Dacas? I would love to shine your battles. Play the music. I love the music about the cowboys and where they've gone. Thank you, mister petrels.
Speaker 2: Okay, we did talk some Paula Cole yesterday, well, I mean text also, or was upset about all the Japanese airs on the Dodger said don de stacos, Where have all the Vocaro's gone?
Speaker 14: There a connection with mc collin caller hed show and people get in trouble because you got Diana Rossini and then you had a USC quarterback.
Speaker 2: Sanchez h Rassini's been suspended now by the Athletico.
Speaker 3: Well she is an insider, so I think if you feel it's even side, information was compromised per relationships. Oh, you guys are all bunch of antrols.
Speaker 2: I'm jim k.
Speaker 3: I god, I'm not part of that.
Speaker 2: It's a gay slur and everybody knows, Matt, you're straight as an arrow.
Speaker 15: When they announced the attendants, they say paid attendance. That is not how many people actually show up. There's always thousands of open seats, probably max forty five forty eight thousand. Everybody should get one.
Speaker 3: Okay, thanks mister. Know what all you idiot, you fool, All of this applies nothing to O Taani best game ever, bobblehead night.
Speaker 2: You idiots. You guys don't know, you know a.
Speaker 3: Couple people here there get into an accident. Maybe you hate to think of that. You know, Others come down with a little stomach ailment. Now they're out. Somebody's had a spat with their significant other. Now somebody gets too drunk to go too drunk, pregame did a little too hard. They fall asleep. Someone hits traffic and they're like, I'm not doing this. I'm not doing it this time. I can't do this anymore.
Speaker 2: Just turn listening to Petro some money on the iHeartRadio app. I just heard an ad for dianetics. So for two months from now, I become a scientologist.
Speaker 12: I'm blaming both of you.
Speaker 2: There should be a disconnect between becoming a scientologist and listening to the show. I do like that image, Matt of a guy caught in traffic and just violent. You turn out of like I'm so sick.
Speaker 3: I man, I can't do it, tearing away in the opposite direction. Shut up, don't talk to me on the way home.
Speaker 2: Sweetye.
Speaker 15: We were ten minutes when Coworker's Sun got hired Dodger Stadium last year and being get.
Speaker 12: A championship ring last year when they won and and he got one this year.
Speaker 8: Sorry Tim Kates.
Speaker 3: That's okay. I'm sure he was more valuable to whatever he does a Dodger stadium. What I do you pitch the beats?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Well you and Colin you do it for the Dodgers. Might as well be you know what the street sweeper does on Vince Scully Avenue. They don't care. I mean, they just expect you to do it. I don't care.
Speaker 3: That's all I got. That's it. Got a lot of love for Steve Hartman being back, so you do have that. How about one of those?
Speaker 14: Here we go.
Speaker 8: Hearing Steve Hartman back on the radio.
Speaker 6: The days.
Speaker 8: Keep them coming?
Speaker 2: What about what about me? Loose cannons? Is that what they call the show today?
Speaker 3: That they just cannons? Hey, when you beg out of work at three in the morning, you can't be mad that they brought in the guy that used to be in that job and wants it back. How does that happen at three? Are you just you wake up and your death is just typical act to be on. I wish I could say I'm sure that some terrible thing happened, and Fred's on the up and up, but it's typical Fred. This happened many, many times at fifteen forty the ticket now the Korean station still Korean. No, but it's always like a dire a dire sit on. There's always an emergency. But everybody's fine.
Speaker 2: But I'm not coming in. And guess what, It's Friday. All of those things and it's three am usually happen all together. It's an emergency not coming in. Don't worry. I'm okay, everything's fine, everyone's fine. Emergency, don't worry, but I'm not coming in.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: That's how you get Steve Hartman in the midday loose cannon. Anybody want me, I'll come back. I'll take a pic and.
Speaker 1: I'll do that off.
Speaker 3: Gotta know what everybody's strike this, that's all you gotta do. I talked to him about playing baseball. That was great. Steve drove six hours to get her, by the way, not today, two days ago. Two days ago he drove all night like Roy Orbison when he filled in for p You know, I had a job. I left it four thirty in the morning.
Speaker 9: I got ye.
Speaker 3: Are you gonna go home tonight? Nope, Matt and I are gonna lock hands and stare in each other's eyes during the break. I've been trying all day and he's acting like a little bitch about it. Only if we go on the roof and we can look at the mountain range. If you're gonna break what we'll do.
Speaker 2: You want what you want?
Speaker 3: I want what I want.
Speaker 2: Somebody said, you guys are gonna throw that bobble ahead and then narrate your own arrests. Do they come back? They're coming in. We're being detained, We're we're being a question. They're reading me my rits.
Speaker 3: Petress. Jump into that tree.
Speaker 2: They're getting me too handcuffed because I'm too wide. We'll be back.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna charge the officers. That seems like a good idea. I'm gonna jump onto the tree like Spider Man, and it's gonna be like ram I've thought about doing it for a year. Hey, I seventy l A Sports. You're home of the Dodgers. Dodger Baseball Coming up six o'clock is the pregame seven ten, First pit