Speaker 1: I stop my caribou this morning, the cariboo cabin over and chan happening on forty one and seven, as you do I do every morning, and I placed my order large dark roast with skim, extra large dark roast with skim. Okay, go ahead and roll up to the window. So I roll up to the window and the barista's in there. They unlock the window and they slide that. Oh it won't it won't slill. It won't slide open. It's okay. So they but another one comes over. Maybe she's stronger. She's like, no, she can't slide. No, it's not slid. They go get some hot water in a little pitcher and they pour it on the inside of the window, and now they're both trying no okay. So after about thirty seconds of watching the girls struggle inside, I waved and I said it's okay. The caribou window is frozen.
Speaker 2: Shot wondering why you just ran into the kitchen to get coffee.
Speaker 3: I was like, do you not have your car with I don't have that caribou, man.
Speaker 2: I don't know what the solution was. That the best solution because it was not probably just freeze.
Speaker 3: Yeah, once that water freezes. Now they're really in a pickle. Yeah, use those twenty one inch biceps to pride to open.
Speaker 1: I thought about asking if I could come inside, and you know, but they're probably not allowed to let like the public inside the cariboo. So I thought about asking to come inside because I do have twenty one inch biceps. But then I thought, how embarrassing would it be if like I got this and I'm like.
Speaker 3: Your arms come out with a socket like a toy.
Speaker 1: There's a bone sticking out like a bunch of bunny cartoon. So it is cold outside. It is minus Depending on where you are, it's about minus eight to minus ten. So it is the cold the coldest day of the season so far, frigid. Indeed, I want to tell you guys about something we do on our radar. And so I found something I want to tell you. Ask you guys whether you think it's a cool idea or not. Okay, So every week we do what's on your radar, And I found something that I think is really really cool and it is called the Original Salad Pod. It looks like a mason jar you loaded up. You can get it on Amazon and there's several different versions, but the best one is the original salad Pod. You load it up with your salad ingredients. It looks like a mason jar. Then the lid holds the dressing separately, and then when you get to work or wherever you're going, you take the lid, you pour it into the salad. You shake it up, so now the salad is all shaken and tossed in salad, and then you open up a panel on the side and eat out of it like a bowl. The original salad Pod. Do you think I would use it or do you think it's one of those things I'd be like, well, this is cool, and I'd use it twice.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think about how often you eat salads, like.
Speaker 1: I would eat more if I had the original salad pod. I think say that, Yeah, I say that.
Speaker 3: I say that.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I mean maybe I have seen these before, and I do think that they're very used them. Yeah, but I don't meel prop enough to like have used for them, so I think it would be useful.
Speaker 1: Well, that's on my radar today, the original salad Pod. Like I said, it's on my radar. Literally, I've not bought it, but I think maybe I will. Jenny WA's on your radar today?
Speaker 2: Mineus a corny Christmas movie on Netflix. It's called a Merry Little Xmas and so it's about a couple that got a divorce and it's around Christmas time and they're both out there dating again and it's corny as can be, as you can expect from a movie like this, but it's cute. It's got I forget her name, but the girl who plays the blonde and clueless, she's one of the main characters.
Speaker 3: Ali she Steelviston. Yes, okay, all right, Bailey. What's on your radar?
Speaker 4: On my radar is Saint Nicolas Hog, which is an event this weekend at the Maplewood Area Historical Society. It's a German holiday tradition day, so I know, obviously there's a lot of German people here in Minnesota. And you can go and like celebrate Christmas like you are a German on like a historic eighteen ninety one farm and there's little market why Knox marked, I don't know. It's very German, Okay, and go and celebrate Christmas like a German.
Speaker 5: Okay, fun it is on my radar? Is it's not a news store. I think they rebranded it in Mall of America called Christmas Treasures. We got the cutest Christmas ornament with it's me and Alyssa as puppies and then our actual puppy Ava, And you can personalize them. They'll put your name on them, and they have them for different occupations like teachers, doctors. They have them for if you having a boy or a girl, if you're engaged, if you have a pet, if you have three kids, if you have seven kids.
Speaker 3: It is super duper dope in Marl of America.
Speaker 2: You guys are puppies.
Speaker 5: We're puppies along with Ava. Oh, we're all puppies. And then if you want to see it, what's on my weekend in five picks?
Speaker 3: Oh, okay, look at.
Speaker 1: It once again on our radar. We do this because you know, DJ's are the original influencers. Long before social media influencers. People would listen to the radio to find out, well, what music is popular, what movies to go see, what restaurants are popping or whatever. So mine is the original salad pod. You can see Instagram ads for it or if you look it up, there's several different versions on Amazon.
Speaker 2: And mine is a Netflix movie called A Merry Little x Mess.
Speaker 4: Mine is celebrating at Christmas the German Way at Saint Nicholas Togg on the farm Maple What Historical Society this Saturday, and mine is a personalized Christmas ornament store model of America called Christmas Treasures.
Speaker 3: Okay, very cool.
Speaker 1: Check them out and if you miss any of these, we'll put these up online on Dave Ryan Show on Instagram. Stay warm, bundle up. It is nasty cold outside about If you're new in Minnesota. This is not as cold as it gets, but it's about as cold as it gets. It can get down sometime this winter. It will get down to twenty degrees below zero or colder. But it doesn't feel a whole lot different than it does right now, to be honest with you, all right, we'll be back in a second. You can't make this stuff up. I've got the things that kids enjoy most about Christmas, and this is really cool. If you've got kids and you ask them, what do you get excited about during the holidays, Here are the top ten things and we'll tell you about that coming up next on Katie Wore four. When you're a kid, Christmas is all about wonderful, delightful, positive things. You really don't have to do a lot of planning or decorating. You might help hang some stuff on the tree, and you might go into target and be like, Okay, I've got fifteen dollars to spend on dad, what am I gonna get? But for the most part, it's just delightful and you don't have a whole lot of responsibilities. So here are the things that kids love about the holidays. Things they don't love first of all, posing for photos, itchy sweaters, being forced to decorate, and of course the mandatory hugs from the relatives they barely remember.
Speaker 3: Last time I saw you, you were this high. Yeah, I know, Aunt Gladys, I get it. That's true.
Speaker 4: Though.
Speaker 3: Here are the things that kids love. Let's count them down. Number ten.
Speaker 1: Seeing extended family now mostly same Aide's kids, not her drunk offer, but Aunt Susan. It's usually like the other your cousins and things like that, staying up past their bedtime, outdoor activities, snow family traditions. Kids love holiday entertainment, which means like movies and TV shows and plays and stuff like that. Not drunk offer, but Aunt Susan again. Time off for school for winter break. We used to get two whole weeks for winter breaks, big Dale. What do they get now one week for winter break?
Speaker 5: No, you kind of get two. I think it depends on where it lands. I know, for Thanksgiving, we used to only get off Thanksgiving and Black Friday. A lot of places, I know they give them that whole week, the whole week. It's crazy, I know, it's wild.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: And other things that we love holiday Our kids love holiday food and treat treats, mainly sugar. My aunt Doris used to make the best holiday treats and we'd go there and she'd make I mean, divinity.
Speaker 3: When's the last time you had divinity that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well look it up.
Speaker 1: It is kind of like a brownie but it's made out of powdered sugar instead the church thing. Exactly, yes, and it's got walnuts in it, and like it's just so good. And that was the only place I ever had divinity and you really don't see it anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, divinity is good. I didn't know that's what it was called.
Speaker 1: Delicious Holiday lights and decorations. Kids love that. And of course what do they love the most? They love pres presents. Exactly eighty one percent of kids love presents. I don't know what'rre with the other nineteen percent unless they're like my mom and dad are hoarders, and here comes more crep into the host crap.
Speaker 4: So my sister would always get a computer game on Christmas. Essentially, my uncle would always give her a computer game, and then we would spend literally the rest of the afternoon. She would sit on the computer and I would sit in the chair next tour like leaning on her and watching her play. And I remember that so fondly, like all of the Harry Potter games.
Speaker 3: Were you okay with that?
Speaker 4: Oh? I didn't like playing. I wanted her to play so I could backseat drive. I'd be like, over there, do that thing? Over there, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: There's a video of a kid. It's online somewhere a kid get into like a Nintendo or a Super Nintendo back in like eighty seven or something like that, and he was chest I mean, can you imagine back in the highlight of the heyday of video games Nintendo getting your first real Nintendo. It came with Duck Hunt and Mario Whoa, and the duck would poke its head up from the woods and go cause you missed him. Yeah, duck hunt a little gun in there. Yeah, what a thrilling day that would have been. Whoo shooting a duck all day?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: What do you want to hear in the sing a long song of the day. We can do whatever you want to. But we also have a Christmas wish coming up in a second on Katie, would you be We have a Christmas wish.
Speaker 3: We've been doing them all week.
Speaker 1: We had another one coming up today, I think seven and thirty five. What song do you want to sing along with? Let us know and you'll hear that along with the Christmas wish. Just text us at KATIEWB one five three nine two one. The good news is somebody reports that they did get the Cariboo cabin window unstuck. Praise over a highway seven and forty one, So thank you very much. Also, can I tell you original? Remember I said we're the original influencers a couple of weeks ago. One of my influences, my one of my things on my radar was the countertop smoker. It looks like a crock pot, but you put little wood chips in there and it will smoke meat and things.
Speaker 3: Where's that from again? Hammakers Schlimmerer, Slimmermocker schlimmer.
Speaker 1: So I get a text message that says, Dave, I finally ordered the crock Pot smoker and made a be roasted this week and it was amazingly delicious, fall off the bone and smoke flavor. Thanks for taking talking about it with your smoked turkey breast. I'm really glad you got one.
Speaker 5: The crock watch you made the smoke turkey breast without Jenny, Yeah.
Speaker 3: The one that we did without Jenny.
Speaker 2: I was gonna ignore it this time, but since you brought it up, yeah, I think you should probably bring it back in again to make something else for Christmas, or something else, make like a roast beast.
Speaker 4: Like the grass.
Speaker 1: Maybe if somebody else texts in, they says, I still despise that duck, and I know the duck you're talking about in the in the game Duck Hunt. It would laugh at you when you missed. We'll be back with your Christmas wish and sing along song of the Day coming up next on kd WB.
Speaker 3: Oh I'm kd WB.
Speaker 1: We got Lexi on the phone right now to request a little song for the sing along song of the day. Good morning, Lexi, Well, good morning. Where are you this morning?
Speaker 3: Lexi?
Speaker 6: I am in a sea?
Speaker 1: Got sea so famous for? What are they famous for? Not sigo, Lexi for.
Speaker 6: Yeah, pretty much?
Speaker 4: No they.
Speaker 6: I mean there's a corner where there's a dunkin Donuts, a Starbucks, Target that has a Starbucks and a Caribou Coffee all on one corner.
Speaker 3: Loves their coffee.
Speaker 1: Okay, Lexi, we need three fascinating things about you because we want to get to know everybody who listens to the show.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Sure, So I like to cross stitch.
Speaker 3: Okay, nice, very relaxing.
Speaker 6: Very relaxing. I my grandpa is half Chinese, which makes me an eighth Chinese.
Speaker 3: Okay. And then I.
Speaker 6: Am like Bailey, and I'm also in the theater.
Speaker 3: Col Very cool. That's awesome. All right, what song can we play for you this morning? Lexi? To sing along with?
Speaker 6: I want to hear come on over by Christina Aguilera.
Speaker 3: You got it, LEXI, have a great day, go turn it up? All right?
Speaker 7: Thank you?
Speaker 3: Come on, come on, more.
Speaker 1: Christmas wishes come up on ktble to Be. Every single day we have another one, brand new live one coming up at seven thirty five this morning, We're gonna do something really unusual here a little bit to raise money for Christmas Wish. It is the Dave Ryan Show garage Sale. We have each brought in an item to sell and the money will go one hundred percent to Christmas Wish. Let's get started with Dave's dirt and we'll do that in just a few seconds. On KATWDB, who's making a comeback?
Speaker 3: Who's been canceled? And whatever happened to Ashley Parker Rangel It's Dave Sert.
Speaker 1: On kat w B, Miley Cyrus is sharing her proposal details.
Speaker 7: I am not easy to surprise because I love to control every situation, and I had completely surrendered, and I'm telling you.
Speaker 4: I was so so surprised.
Speaker 3: And now her life is perfect.
Speaker 7: My life has been perfectly aligned with the release of Avatar, my personal life. Those two things kind of I guess you could say, marrying each other and harmonizing with one another.
Speaker 2: Oh sweet. You guys probably know Eric Dane from a lot of different things that he's been in. I personally feel like euphoria is what I come best for as of recently, but he has als and he's been kind of coming out and talking about it, and he recently said, I have no reason to be in a good spirit.
Speaker 3: At any time on any given day.
Speaker 2: I don't think anybody would blame me if I went upstairs in my bedroom, crawled under the sheets and spent the next two weeks crying. And I was a little bit pleasantly surprised when I realized that I wasn't built like that, because I thought for sure that was going to be me. So he is battling this and having a tough time, but he's getting through it still.
Speaker 5: He said it's tough in general because obviously als I'm sure is nothing to joke about, but also because at the beginning of this, he said that he was going to keep on fighting, keep on fighting for his daughters, and now it sucks to see He's like, well, I'd go crawl on my bed.
Speaker 3: Oh I feel that for him.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So Travis and Taylor Kelsey they've been together for two and.
Speaker 3: A half year. Did I say that?
Speaker 4: Yeah? My bad. Travis Kelsey and Taylor Swift, my bad. They have only been together for two and a half years. They are now engaged, and on the New Heights podcast, Travis said that he and Taylor have never once fought.
Speaker 3: Travis the same less.
Speaker 1: Well, it's only been two and a half years, and you're right, I haven't gotten the argument, all right, never once.
Speaker 3: Honestly, you know neither of us are going to win the argument, so why get in it.
Speaker 4: So the other voice you hear is George Clooney, who they had on the podcast, who's been with his wife Amal for ten years, and he says that they've also never had a fight in ten years. But there are relationship expert people who say it's not a good sign if a couple never fights. How come you're not fighting, you don't have any disagreements?
Speaker 1: Ever, it's a little silly. It's like you're not spending enough time or you don't have enough passion. I don't know, I'm gonna go to Bora Bora, okay, go, I don't care. Instead of saying, what do you go to Bora Bora?
Speaker 3: Fo?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 5: So yeah, it's kind of weird. Yeah, remember the group No Doubt when Stefani was in No Doubt. Well, she's pumped because they are getting ready to do a reunion.
Speaker 1: Ready shows sold out instantly, so you had to add six more dates congratulate.
Speaker 3: No, I'm un.
Speaker 4: It's kind of wanted to be.
Speaker 2: Really, I want people to come and make it feel like really nostalgic, like they're back in time, like remember this, remember this, guys, like this is what we did.
Speaker 5: A big part of everyone's lot were you and I think get the sphere in Vegas?
Speaker 3: Okay? Cool?
Speaker 1: I watched another almost all the way through the series of the Diddy series on Netflix. Oh man, is it's so good? It's so powerful. You knew that he was kind of like a bad boy. That was the name of his record label. But he was a bad person, just awful and manipulative. A couple of murders that he was associated with that he totally got away with, some you heard of, some you didn't hear of. And he just just awful, violent, self centered, narcissistic, controlling, awful, kind.
Speaker 3: Of make it shock that he only got so many months in present.
Speaker 1: He really does, because he's only got fifty months in prison and it's not a lot. No, I mean, for what he's done, it really isn't. And that is the dirt brought to you by six one two Injured Heimer and Lammer's Injury Law. What are we bringing up in the garage sale, the Dave Ryan Show Garage Sale. Everybody's got a little something. We'll put pictures and videos of this up online so you can see what they are. We're gonna bid and all of this goes for Christmas Wish. And we got a really cool it's not coming up now, but we got a really cool, big celebrity autographed guitar that we're gonna be auctioning off a little bit later on too, So that is super cool, and it's all for Christmas Wish.
Speaker 3: That'll happen next on Katie w