Speaker 1: The quest for the three peat has begun.
Speaker 2: Only four teams in Major League Baseball history have won three consecutive titles. The Dodgers are the favorites to become the fifth.
Speaker 3: This is World Champion Dodger Talk.
Speaker 4: Here we go again. We're get right running back to get in.
Speaker 3: On the show called eight six six, not eighty seven, two five seven days, and be sure to follow Dodger Talk wherever you get your podcasts. Here's your host, David Vasse.
Speaker 5: Dadday our two in Boyle Hights, w As says, to be exact, thank you to everybody out here that has made us feel so welcome.
Speaker 2: Miguel Rojas is still taking photos meeting and greeting. The World Series hero from the twenty twenty five season is out here meeting and greeting all the fans showing him so much love as they should. It's been a great day and we got one more hour of Dodger Talk. Phone lines are open at eight six six seven two five seventy the Dodgers.
Speaker 4: Miguel Rojas. A rare Sunday off.
Speaker 2: Uh don't ask me why, but the schedule makers had the Dodgers open up on Thursday with the three game series, and they will have a day off tomorrow before opening up another three game series in Los Angeles against the Cleveland Guardians before heading out on their first road trip, which will take them to Washington, DC and then Toronto. I wonder if U if Miguel Rojas is gonna be held at customs. I wonder if Toronto's gonna let Miguel Rojas and Will Smith back into Canada.
Speaker 4: We'll have to wait and see.
Speaker 2: Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Tyler Glass now is on the mound for the Dodgers tonight, his first start of the season and going up against Eduardo Rodriguez, the left handers. So Rojas will be in the starting lineup tonight at second base. So uh, certainly gonna be a fun night after seeing Miguel Rojas here at Boyle Heights.
Speaker 4: WSS VS.
Speaker 2: Tacos is in the parking lot as well, so we're feeding everybody out here and Boyle Heights our guys from VS.
Speaker 4: Tacos.
Speaker 2: You know, they have not forgot their roots after Bad Bunny put them on the Bigger.
Speaker 4: World map during the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: They're even taking selfies right now, so maybe we'll get them on the show as well.
Speaker 4: Coming up in our next segment, you'll hear my.
Speaker 2: Conversation with NBC analysts now Clayton kershaw Kershaw by the way, told me that he'll only be broadcasting one more game for NBC that'll be in August. He's not going full fledge into the broadcasting world. Everybody else's job is very safe out there because if he did, I think he would be basically the most coveted broadcaster in baseball. He's better than a Rod, better than Jeter, better than Big Poppy, better, I would say, on the level of being coveted. If he were to decide to do this full time, he would be, for a lack of a better analogy in NFL, like Tom Brady, that type of player being that good in the broadcast booth, because he was phenomenal in his first night broadcasting for NBC. And you'll hear our conversation before all the festivities from yesterday, and I can't wait to share that with you again. In case you missed our conversation with World Series hero Miguel Rojas, he sat down with us before he started taking photos and giving hugs out here at WSS and Boyle Heights. We'll share that conversation with you before First Pitch Tonight. Our coverage begins at five o'clock with Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck and First Pitch Tonight with Rick Munday and Tim Neverett at six ten, so we'll share that conversation with you as well.
Speaker 4: If you can't wait that long. Once we're done with the show at one o'clock.
Speaker 2: You could podcast this early day of Dodger Talk on the iHeartRadio app. Eight six six nine seven two five seventy is the phone number, Steve and Redondo Beach. You're on live at WSS and Boyle Heights. Miguel Rojas can hear you, Steve, So don't blow it.
Speaker 6: Oh, I'll try not to well. Anyways, as the as the count was opposing a full count, I was telling my wife and daughter they should have pinched hit for Rojas. And then the next pick went over the fence.
Speaker 4: Thank god, you're not the marrying your down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, who did you want to come up instead of Miguel Rojas Because that thought never entered my mind. He was the guy in that moment because we all thought he was the best guy to get on base for Otani.
Speaker 6: I thought you're wrong. My wife's in the background. She she she thought I was wrong the whole time.
Speaker 2: Well, hopefully she's running the house back there. She knows what she's doing. Thanks for the phone call, Steve, appreciate it. Yeah, I mean, I know, I don't know who anybody thought was going to pinch it for Miguel Rojas at that point in time. This is not a second guess. It's a first guest that never entered my mind. He was the guy I would want at the plate in that situation. And here's something else that I forgot to bring.
Speaker 4: Up to Miguel. We'll do it again, I'm sure.
Speaker 2: In another conversation, do you realize in the last two postseasons the Dodgers are four and oher in elimination games.
Speaker 4: Do you know why?
Speaker 2: It's because they don't allow the game to speed up on them.
Speaker 4: They have a lot of.
Speaker 2: Experienced players, not just experienced players, but guys that have been through the postseason.
Speaker 4: Think about that.
Speaker 2: Going back to the twenty four nlds being down to the Padres two games to one, they had to win the next two games and they were both elimination games.
Speaker 4: Last year, they had to.
Speaker 2: Win game six in game seven to force they had to win game six to force a game seven, and so they're four and oh in their back to back championships in elimination games. Let's go out to Jack in La. You're on Dodger Talk. How you doing, Jack? Where were you when megy Roe shock Canada?
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 8: What's this?
Speaker 6: Thank you for having me? I love the show. Hey, So my girlfriend was a nervous was a nervous wreck during the game, and she couldn't watch. She was laying down in the bedroom. I'm in the living room watching the game. And Meggiro by far, with all the star power that Douglas had, by far, Meggi Roe is her favorite player, and she was calling for him to play. Why is it Megiro playing? Why is it Megiro playing? So she's in the bedroom, Megguiro hits the home run. I run inside the bedroom. Billy, Baby, You're never gonna guess what happened. Meguiro just tied the game. He just saved saved the season. Oh it was. It was awesome, Bro, it was. It was a totally awesome moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was one of those special moments, Jack, that we'll never forget, and certainly it's gonna be a special night when uh Meggy Roe is inducted into the legends of Dodge your Baseball.
Speaker 4: He's got to be part of it.
Speaker 6: It's well deserved, I mean. And that was not even the first time that he saved their season, saved the World Series for them, Yes he did, yep.
Speaker 2: So all right, Jack, thank you for the phone call. I had a Dodger fan walk up to me. She's eighty five years old. She's wearing her Petro some money and five seventy Van sneakers. She's got her Charlie Brown T shirt. She's got a couple of autographs on each shoulder.
Speaker 4: What's your name?
Speaker 9: Isabelle ak a bell?
Speaker 4: All right? We got another Isabelle? All right?
Speaker 2: Oh, here's Isabelle and Anaheim. How about that is a you got competition. There's another Isabelle in the house here at ws s oh.
Speaker 9: I don't mind. I don't mind, Nikki, I love you who you name me? I won't. I'll let you know where I was dab. I would dying through the nineteen I would just I was really getting to press you don't know how to press. I would really getting the printed I was so happy when Miguel hits the home.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 9: I love you, my girl. I need to meet you, but I need to get you a dodge again. I want me the whole Dodgy tea come out.
Speaker 4: But listen, yeah said he were bringing to a game.
Speaker 9: Hi, I'll go, then I'll go. Then you bring bugging me to the last twenty years. I need to know you.
Speaker 2: Got to come to the next Spetrol some money sweet night at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 4: Dave Wee will.
Speaker 2: Definitely uh take care of you, that's for sure, so uh don't worry about it.
Speaker 9: Okay, Well, listen, there's something don't bugging me to the last forty years made you so okay? I know, I know Kky Tiki has his eye.
Speaker 2: I'll go, okay, id you is about he heard you. He gives you a thumbs up and certainly we all love you. Thank you for the phone call, Petro. Some money will be waiting for your call as well on Monday. Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number.
Speaker 4: Everybody has a story.
Speaker 2: You go back to twenty twenty four, everybody had a story where they were when Freddie Freeman hit his walk off Grand Slam.
Speaker 4: Many of you were there.
Speaker 2: Everybody has a story where they were when Miguel Rojas saved the Dodger season with one out in the ninth inning in Toronto. And I'm so happy that Boyle Heights showed up, showed out to give Miguel Rojas the love he deserves. And like I said, if Miguel Rojas has to pay for a dinner in this city, I'm gonna be very upset. This guy should never have to pay for another city, another another meal, another meal. So certainly he should never have to pay for another meal in this city. Right, who's gonna make Miguel Rowas you see Miguel Rojas at Ma, as you see him at Mexicali Taco on Figueroa, he should never have to pay again.
Speaker 4: All right, last night was a great night.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a big night here at Dodgers Stadium tonight as well. Will Smith Bobblehead Night, Yeah, you know the guy that hit the go ahead home run in the eleventh inning. It's Bobblehead night. So Will Smith Bobblehead Night tonight. It's gonna be a high demand when it's Miguil Rojas bobblehead night. But last night ring ceremony. Okay, Clayton Kershaw was in the house. Everybody saw him before the game. They're all wondering when is Kershaw going to get his ring? Because he was not introduced with all the active players, so everybody was wondering, where the heck is Kershaw?
Speaker 4: How is he getting his ring?
Speaker 2: Well, this is the way it sounded inside the stadium last night as the Dodger surprised everybody in the sellout crowd.
Speaker 10: All right, fans, it's sign for tonight's ceremonial first pitch, So please welcome a member of the legends of Dodgers Baseball who was the nineteen eighty eight World Series MVP.
Speaker 4: Please welcome to.
Speaker 10: The field, the Bulldog, Oral Hersheizer.
Speaker 5: Hold on, hold on, Oral, We're going on the air in like two minutes.
Speaker 3: Man, I need you up here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, come on, Doc.
Speaker 10: You got anybody else available tonight?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I do, Joe, Oral, we love you, We appreciate you. One who thought the first pitch, but I think everyone here wants is the left handed pitcher who's been warming up.
Speaker 11: And needs one more appearance up.
Speaker 10: As Plea's welcome free time World Series Champion Clayton Kersshaw, and there's Freddie Freeman out to do the catching.
Speaker 1: No, I'm doing.
Speaker 12: Great job, Clayton.
Speaker 10: The team would now like to present Clayton with his twenty twenty five World Series ring. Congratulations, kursh add to the entire twenty twenty five World Champion Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Hey, that was special last night. I really it gave me chills. And you know, obviously I've covered Kershaw's entire career closely, the last fourteen of his career, and he has meant so much to the organization, and I thought the best scene last night was his teammates coming out surrounding him and all of them taking a picture with their championship ring.
Speaker 4: So that was really special.
Speaker 2: When we continue on the other side of Dodger Talk Live from WSS and Boyle Heights, everybody happy they got to meet Miguel Rojas, World Series hero. Miguel Rojas joined us in the first hour of the show. You can listen to that on the iHeartRadio app. We got time for more phone calls.
Speaker 4: Where were you when.
Speaker 2: Rojas hit his Game seven home run? We might even bring some of the fans up. They could tell us their story and Clayton Kershaw our conversation with the greatest picture of his generation is coming up next. Right here on five to seventy LAS Sports. We are live at WSS and Boyle High. It's on AM five seventy LA.
Speaker 4: Sports Dodger Talk until one o'clock.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's great to see all the Dodger fans at boil Hide, specifically WSS. I'm sure they're got their pictures now at Miguel Rojas.
Speaker 4: They're headed out to guess On vs. Tacos, And we're with.
Speaker 2: You on Dodger Talk until one o'clock right here on AM five to seventy LA Sports. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Yesterday I had a chance to catch up with number twenty two himself, Clayton Kershaw. He joined us on the pregame show before the ring ceremony.
Speaker 4: And all the first pitch festivities.
Speaker 2: So I wanted to share that with you as well, and he did not forget the little people like me.
Speaker 4: David Vasse, Thanks, what was your name again? Exactly?
Speaker 2: I was curious you were so close to the dugout last night. You said you were in the twilight Zone was the first couple of innings awkward being that close with the headset on.
Speaker 13: I mean, yeah, obviously, I I love to be in the dugout with these guys and watching the game. It's kind of I've done that a lot of my life, so I missed that. I missed kind of just being with everybody. But it was a cool gig to get to do and get to talk baseball, and you know, Oral and Louise and Jason up there, it was they did they made it easy on me, so it was it was really fun. And but yeah, I missed. I miss being the dugout for sure.
Speaker 2: What's it going to be like for you tonight getting your ring and being part of this group again?
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's great.
Speaker 13: I I mean we always every time. Is this is a really special day. You know, it's opening day, ring day, and then the rest of the season, so these guys can have the rest of the season, but I get tonight and I'm just I'm excited.
Speaker 12: I'm excited to see it.
Speaker 13: I heard it's pretty excessive, over the top, which is what it should be, and I'm just looking forward to it.
Speaker 4: Have you ever warn any of your other rings that you've won.
Speaker 13: No, but now that you mentioned it, I was gonna bring one out here to have all three on, and I didn't do that, so because I got it fitted for my right hand so I could wear like three at once.
Speaker 12: But they're not here, so let's put it on the record.
Speaker 2: Though, when you go out to dinner your friends, when you go back to Texas when you first came back, does everybody want to see it? And do you feel like it's a letdown if you don't bring it out to everybody at the dinner party.
Speaker 12: I'll leave it at the house. But my dinner party, what do you think I'm having dinner parties?
Speaker 4: You're retired, now, that's what you do.
Speaker 12: That's what you do. Get the tupperware, dear.
Speaker 13: No, But my Charlie's got a tournament this weekend, so I might I might tell the boys if they play good, they can see the ring.
Speaker 2: Clayton Kershaw is our guest, NBC's Clayton Kershaw.
Speaker 4: Is that fair or should I say peacock?
Speaker 12: You can say either? I think probably NBC.
Speaker 2: Though everybody focused on the suit and tie. But I noticed it's very vacation, like bronze gold to your face where were you Fiji before Opening Day?
Speaker 12: First spring break we ever had? First spring break is a family non nazy.
Speaker 13: So you know, we were in Miami for the WBC, so we just stayed out there for spring break, stayed in Florida and.
Speaker 12: It's pretty great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I missed the WBC.
Speaker 12: I'm sorry, it's okay. Where were you?
Speaker 4: I was watching spring training baseball?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 12: Nice? Good, good for you.
Speaker 2: Hey, your buddy Brad Paisley's out here tonight performing the national anthem. Was this coordinated for him to be out here knowing that you would be here.
Speaker 13: Well, we texted, but I think it was a happenstance more than a coordination.
Speaker 12: But uh, he's really good at it.
Speaker 13: He asked me if we wanted to switch and I sing the anthem and I said no, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Good choice, good choice, good choice. It seems like you're so at peace with all of this.
Speaker 4: It feels like.
Speaker 2: You you understood what you contributed to the game, but you don't seem to have that fomo that guys that just retired usually have.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 13: I mean, I'm sure that I'll kick in at some point, but I also know that, like I did, I did just about as much as I could.
Speaker 12: The everything was slowing down a little bit, and.
Speaker 13: Just that there are so many factors, and then when you top it all off with the way it ended, it's just like you, I ain't really ask for anything more.
Speaker 12: So I'm at peace with all that. It doesn't mean I don't miss it.
Speaker 13: It doesn't mean I don't miss being around the guys and hanging out, flying with them, playing cards.
Speaker 12: And just I just knew it was probably my time.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like you'll have some sort of connection to the organization as time moves on.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I think I'll always be a Dodger. I want to help in any way I can from afar. You know, there's probably not going to be much traveling in my future, but if I can help, you know, if I watch games, I know I'm gonna watch all the games. So if there's somebody that wants to talk or see something or whatever, I want to be a part of this group, and I think Andrew will let me do that, so it'll be good.
Speaker 12: All right.
Speaker 2: Before I let you go, I'm just curious about you know, all of that, any recruiting.
Speaker 4: Did you recruit Tucker?
Speaker 2: Were you trying to recruit Schooble during the World Baseball Classic.
Speaker 12: You know, think about the Dodgers. I don't.
Speaker 13: I don't really know if you have to recruit anymore. You know, it just kind of everybody kind of knows a great place to be and just by of mouth, by other people being here. And so Tucker, Tucker figured it out, and I'm sure Scoops at the end of this year, if everything's even, he'll figure it out too.
Speaker 4: All right, thanks a lot, it's great to have you back here.
Speaker 12: Thanks.
Speaker 4: I can't wait to see you get that third ring.
Speaker 12: Dave, that's your name. That's what it is great to see. Thank you.
Speaker 4: They remember my name, Bob Costas's sidekick.
Speaker 2: Remember my name. I had the last word. That's one thing you got to remember. I had the last word on that one.
Speaker 4: Hey.
Speaker 2: It was great to have Kershaw back out there. Got to spend some time with him. I learned so much from him. I learned a lot on how to broadcast, you know, answer questions. I remember one spring training where he just said and it really resonated with me to this day. He always just wondered, like, why can't all these talking heads, Why can't you just say you don't know, Dave? Why can't you say, if you don't know the answer, you're not sure, why can't you say you don't know? And I'll take that for the rest of my broadcasting career. If I don't know the answer, I'll I'll be really honest and say I don't know. And I think what you saw the first night on NBC is what I've known and experienced.
Speaker 4: He knows a lot about the team.
Speaker 2: He knows a lot about the players, he knows about the makeup, he knows their strengths and weaknesses.
Speaker 4: This guy was very observant.
Speaker 2: He was watching everything, going back to his first day in the major leagues.
Speaker 4: He was watching everybody.
Speaker 2: At times he would even try to take a piece of different pictures. As great as he was, I remember when rich Hill was on the Dodgers, he would drop down and try to change shapes of his fastball or his curveball, and then Kershaw was dropping down. I mean, that's the type of guy he was, and just that type of picture he was.
Speaker 4: Even with three.
Speaker 2: Cy youngs and MVP, he was always trying to get better or evolve as time went on and stay a step ahead. And look, it was my pleasure being around him as much as I was and learning as much as I did from him, And it's you know, I was asking Miguel Rojas back in twenty fourteen.
Speaker 4: It just seems so far away to be where the Dodgers are right now.
Speaker 2: You think back to Kershaw's career, the heartbreaking Saint Louis in twenty thirteen and twenty fourteen, and look at him now, I mean, guy can't stop smiling.
Speaker 4: You think back to.
Speaker 2: Twenty nineteen against the Nationals where he was basically broken in that moment, somewhat sobbing in that postgame press conference after the Dodgers lost to the Nationals and the Nlds in twenty nineteen. And here he is a three time World Series champion and played a huge role in two of the three and was along for the ride in twenty four So couldn't be happier for a guy that you know, emptied the tank and maximized all the god given talent that he had. Eight six six nine eighty seven, two seventy is the phone number. We still got thirty minutes to go on Dodger Talk Live from WSS and Boyle Heights. We got phone lines open and we'll get to the Dodgers twenty twenty six edition.
Speaker 4: Who is going to stop this freight train?
Speaker 2: I'm not sure anybody is, but we'll talk about it when we continue up to one o'clock. Right here on a five to seventy LA Sports, we are with you until one o'clock live at Boyle Heights in Boyle Heights, WSS. Miguel Rojas is on his way to Dodgers Stadium. So thank you to Miguel Rojas were stopping by. We'll share that conversation with you in just a moment. He stopped by the desk here and then for over an hour taking photos, listening to people's stories, just being a great hero to so many people as he is, and letting them share their feelings with him and acknowledging them. He wasn't just taking photos, he was actually listening to them, and that's always special when you have one of your favorite players, and obviously a guy that will live on in infamy and Dodger history, not only just be there to take a photo with you, but also to acknowledge you, and that always that personal touch will last with fans forever. So thank you to Miguel Rojas for a stop and buy vas Tacos is still serving out here in the parking lot a WSS twenty seven to eleven East Olympic Boulevard. We have Dodger Baseball on the air for you tonight, starting at five o'clock with Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck, and then first pitch between the Dodgers and Diamondbacks at six' Ten Tyler glass now Against Eduardo. Rodriguez and we'll have Postgame dodger talk for you as well after tonight's, game And rojas more than likely will be in the starting lineup for The. Dodgers and you look at The dodgers right now as they're. Constructed Alex, friedland the last guy to make the. Team last, night hits a home, run is first of the, season doubles and then scores what eventually would be the difference in the game last, night as The dodgers Beat arizona five to, four even with their starting Pitcher Emmit sheen only going three and a third. Inning so that just shows you, know there is some vulnerabilities on certain. Nights The dodgers are not going to be perfect every, night but even on a night like last, Night arizona still couldn't beat The. DODGERS i kind of feel like the sweep is, coming and Then cleveland's coming to. Town and remember last, year The dodgers got off to a great start the first six weeks of the season and then somewhat leveled off as they paced themselves for the. Postseason but for The dodgers this, year it feels like they're just so, deep not only in their starting lineup but on their, bench deeper than they were a year. Ago and that's not even Counting Tommy edman Or Key Key hernandez or on the injured. List to start the, year you Got Santiago, espinal you Got Miguil, rojas you Got.
Speaker 4: Alex, call you Got Alex.
Speaker 2: Friedland when you look back at last Year's World series and the, Postseason Dave roberts did not have many options off the. Bench, yeah he had some defensive replacements, available Like pajz who's struggling during the, postseason but he really didn't Have when you say pinch hit For Miguel, rojas who was going to pinch hit For Miguel. Rojas there was nobody better Than Miguel rojas to take that at bat in the ninth inning Against Jeff hoffman And Dave Roberts gut certainly paid. Off that was the only home Run Miguel rojas hit off a right handed pitcher all year long last. Season and look The dodgers forced A game Seven Bob bashett hits that three run home run off Of. Otani you're, thinking oh, boy we had never Seen otani doubled over that way on the mound after a big hit like. That and they found a way to regroup And yamamoto obviously to the rest you In game six And game, seven and it was great to see him come out to that standing ovation last night to receive his well deserved ring as The World SERIES. Mvp let's go out To sam In Buena. Park you're On Dodger Talk live from W S s And Boyle. Heights, Hi, Sam so they've taken him a.
Speaker 8: Call, Man uh going to the game right now for ut The bubble D knight For Will. Smith but, MAN i wants to call you Bout. Edwin he is his uh timmy trumpet. Denshers it was it was electric last. Night you, KNOW i didn't get to see the trumpet player because they're a live but you, know uh singing on. YouTube i'm not to say that The mets their their vibe is a little better because they had a Mister mett mascots playing the trumpets in the. Background and uh maybe if that did you get a different trumpet player that like dances around and has more. Energy uh add to, It BUT i don't.
Speaker 2: Know I'm my thing, is you can't Have Timmy trumpet or some well known trumpet player on standby for every home.
Speaker 4: GAME i love the.
Speaker 2: Idea Tatiana tate did a great, job BUT i just feel like you could you could Have Timmy trumpet On Dodger. VISION i know that's easier said than, done but he's all in With Edwin diaz and look it. Was it was a good first. Night and maybe just let the music. Play you don't need to have a live trumpet.
Speaker 4: Player save that for the. Postseason, YEAH i agree with.
Speaker 8: You, Otherwise, man thanks for taking my call in the road to three p two and oh, man it's, Amazing and man The dodgers. Are it's, Great, Man Blue heaven On.
Speaker 4: Earth all, right have fun at the game. Tonight.
Speaker 2: Sam we'll talk to you on Postgame Dodger talk after the game. Tonight, look this is such first world. Problems we're arguing over what tweaks to a closer's entrance To Dodger, stadium the best closer arguable in baseball And Edwin.
Speaker 4: Diaz that's what we're arguing.
Speaker 2: About we're not arguing, About, hey The dodgers didn't do enough during the. Offseason hey they didn't play, good they didn't play. Hard what's wrong with this? Team we're talking About Edwin diaz's entrance. SONG i, mean come, on The diamondbacks have got bigger, problems that's for. SURE i see a guy right here and a mariachi had in A dodger. Uniform if he could play the, TRUMPET i bring him. OUT i bring him. Out there we. Go mariachi, loco you better start. Practicing they could use. You maybe you never.
Speaker 12: KNOW i.
Speaker 2: Mean Dave roberts speaking of The mariachis in his postgame press, Conference he's, like, YEAH i loved the. Mariachis last. Night When Edwin diaz was coming, out there was no. Mariachi's there was one trumpet. Player that's. It there were no mariachi. Band somebody called in last night and actually, said, hey had the mariachi band ready to go For Edwin. Diaz that wouldn't be. Bad that wouldn't be bad at. All that's a pretty good, idea all. Right Miguel rojas was the star of the show In game. Seven he was the star of the show during the, parade the ring, ceremony and rightfully. So he hit arguably the biggest home run him And Will smith of the season last. Year Miguel rojas was here for over an hour AT wss And Boil heights and he stopped by the. Desk here was the conversation With World series Hero Miguel.
Speaker 4: Rojas what a weekend to start the.
Speaker 1: Season, huh thank you guys for being here. Today he's a pleasure always to see a lot Of dodger.
Speaker 14: FANS i, mean it will never get all when you walk into places and you get recognized by these Amazing doga. Fans they go above and beyond when it comes to A dodger. Players they understand what the sacrifice that we made to make them feel, good you, know to give him back to them with wings on the, field championships and he's been an amazing couple of days for us in that. Clubhouse we're so excited to be back and looking forward to winning other championship and three.
Speaker 4: Peaks so much just happened this.
Speaker 2: Weekend but before we look, FORWARD i, mean this is the type of reaction now that you get everywhere you go In Los.
Speaker 4: Angeles how do you handle?
Speaker 2: Things we have a personal security guard here that can you can hire him wherever you go BECAUSE i feel like you need a. Bodyguard MAYBE i could be that guy for you the rest of your.
Speaker 14: Life i'll be, okay but, yeah it's overwhelming to. ME i just feel Like i've been playing baseball for so long AND i never got this kind of attention, until LIKE i played my nineteen season in the in professional, baseball you, Know and that's what. Happened when you do something cool in The War Series game, seven when everybody's, watching And i'm not going to walk away from just gonna enjoy every single time because this is going to be my last, season and obviously when you want to do some big things for people and to bring the whole city Of la, together and that's kind of what we do every single night when we. Play you, know it's not just a fifty thousand at the. Stadium is everybody at?
Speaker 3: Home?
Speaker 14: Uh the amount of videos and pictures THAT i received FROM la houses and people around the world WEARING la gear with with so much joy to watch the home run and the place and jam a model closing out of the. Game it was unboli ole and has does something THAT i want to take with me.
Speaker 2: Forever once we're done here AT wss And Boyle, Heights Miguel rojas is going to take.
Speaker 4: Photos he's gonna kiss.
Speaker 2: Babies you never, know might put one of you on his shoulders Like mookie puts the sense on his. Shoulders but are you ready to hear even more of those? Stories because your home run man so much to so many, People, uh does it give you greater perspective on what you guys?
Speaker 12: Do?
Speaker 14: YEAH i mean every day we we all understand that we're playing for more than just our name and and our our own. Career we play for so many people who comes to the baseball field every single, day and that's why, we, uh we kind of have to put a good show every single, night and we have to show up and prepare for every single game because there's someone new in the stands every. Day SO i think for, me doing it every single day is what. Counts but when you do it in the biggest station in The War series to win a championship for all defens who support.
Speaker 1: Us throughout the whole year and not just last.
Speaker 14: Year BUT i, Mean i've been here for the last four and THEN i make my debut in twenty, fourteen and it's been the same kind of support to the, team regardless of whoever's. Playing But i'm really happy that we're going to leave a legacy here that this.
Speaker 4: Team was really.
Speaker 2: Special i'm so glad you brought that, up because when you first started with The dodgers in twenty, fourteen it just seems so far, away a little bit out of. Reach you guys were just missing something or some. Luck in twenty fourteen when you guys started this run and you were a big part of, it have you had a chance to reflect on where it started and where it's at right now for you and The.
Speaker 1: Dodgers, YEAH i remember kind of the same.
Speaker 14: Way we have the best player in the in the game at the, time On clayton kersher on the mound for us every five. Days but definitely when you have a team like, that you kind of like continue to get to a playoff and and get there every single. Year but you couldn't like really put it away because you're missing this kind of ability of making this a complete family that is coming from all over the. Place AND i think a big difference is being kind of like the guys who are being the core of this team for a long time get together for a few. Years so when you see The mookie, Kick Willi smith and all these guys kind of grew.
Speaker 1: Together so that's that's when we're seeing right. Now a lot of.
Speaker 14: Talent obviously we Show yamamoto and people coming from different, places but these guys are the like the column of this of this foundation because they really been putting, work AND i mean they they got to a wards here is they couldn't get it, Done but now is the time where they know how to, win and they know how to win.
Speaker 2: Together And Miguel rojas a big part of the pillar of The dodgers success.
Speaker 4: Back to Back World series.
Speaker 2: Championships he came back to The dodgers and he has won back to back. Championships a legacy player now forever In dodger. History all, right so where's the? Ring did you bring the? Ring is it in your?
Speaker 4: Pocket?
Speaker 1: NO i didn't put.
Speaker 14: It onto it BECAUSE i had it on last, night BUT i brought the small. One so a ring is really. Special so the one the one this. Year you can open the top on the on the face of that, top there's a little bit of a home, plate is a home plate and a little bit of dirt from home Playing game seven In, Toronto so pretty. Special so kind of like a really good touch right. There and then when you open there's this older little ring that you can wear every single. Day And i'm planning on wearing this this ring a.
Speaker 1: Lot so it's A World City champions to Back La.
Speaker 4: Dodgers how about?
Speaker 2: That and it doesn't happen Without Miguel rojas's home run as The dodgers were down to their final two. Outs what has been the last two nights for you and your teammates Because Opening days celebration you did a great job With Will ferrell and coming in on the Low, rider and then last night the ring. CEREMONY i, mean it feels like it's not just the game. Anymore it's an event when you come To Dodgers.
Speaker 14: Stadium, yeah it's a show every single, night and.
Speaker 4: They deserved the.
Speaker 14: Shows it's not just the, videos it's not just the the stop that happened behind the scenes or before the game is actually the.
Speaker 1: Game you guys are seeing the product of what we're.
Speaker 14: Doing every single, year this team got better and last night was a perfect example for those two guys coming into the team And Carl talkier driving in the winning, run and.
Speaker 1: Obviously for me THAT i watched the game a little.
Speaker 14: Bit, more he's a bad airly in the game when he walked after being old too and getting on base For mookie to hit that re roun, homer that's the that's the difference that these guys are gonna are gonna make on this. Team and OBVIOUSLY i mean the. Trumpets who didn't like the trumpets trumpets last, night.
Speaker 4: They were Amazing.
Speaker 1: Sugar dias coming into the closing the.
Speaker 14: Game that gives you that extra energy that you need sometimes lay in the.
Speaker 1: Game And i'm so happy that we got those guys as.
Speaker 14: Well but, definitely these guys deserve all the all the, love all the things that are happening right now and in the city of L a and, BASEBALL i think, definitely like you, say it's a show every single, day and for, me it's being really emotional BECAUSE i know this is gonna be my last, Year BUT i, mean you're always gonna miss those, times you, know opening, days the rain ceremony, yesterday what an amazing day to kind of remember and and kind of close out the book because we got somewhere to go this year and we were trying to win a third one in a.
Speaker 2: Row how do you how do you stay in the moment knowing it's your last, year knowing that you guys have an ultimate goal that you can't achieve all at. Once so how Does Miguel, rojas knowing what's the opportunity and knowing this is your last year In Major League?
Speaker 4: Baseball how do you stay in the moment each and every?
Speaker 14: Day, yeah my mindset is empty the tank every single. DAY i don't have A i don't have to worry.
Speaker 1: About what's going to happen next. YEAR i already Talked Dave.
Speaker 14: Roverts anything that you need from, me pulled me in the game at any any, chance any any opportunity you, Have just get me in, there Because i'm not going to be complaining about being tired or anything like, that.
Speaker 1: BECAUSE i can't rest after after this. Year but definitely that's that's the way That i'm kind of approaching it and sprint.
Speaker 14: TRAINING i knew it was all about getting ready for the season and all, that BUT i feel like it's my opportunity to kind of like.
Speaker 4: Give it all.
Speaker 1: Out and that doesn't mean THAT i didn't.
Speaker 14: Be for BUT i feel like right now it's Like i'm enjoying every single game like he's my last one because it is a last opportunity of doing everything almost every single.
Speaker 1: Day so for, me.
Speaker 14: That's the way That i'm going to approach it and looking forward to to win the last game of the.
Speaker 12: Season.
Speaker 4: Again, Hey Miguel rojas is AT ws And Borio heights and he's going to.
Speaker 2: Be in the starting lineup tonight against THE Lefti Eduardo rodriguez first pitch at six.', ten hey going back to, last night you're such a guy that is a, vocal leader leads, by example work ethic.
Speaker 4: Every day otani is the.
Speaker 2: Same way how about is that bat in the eighth inning last Night after freeland got the leadoff double for him to hit the ball to the right side to get free in the third Base. For tucker does that go unnoticed by everybody in the dugout or.
Speaker 4: Is that just something that.
Speaker 1: Should, HAPPEN yeah i mean it will Never.
Speaker 14: Go nutice we totally understand the quality of players we have and the talent that we have in this clubhouse and around, this team but the willingness and the own selfishness to kind of take that boat knowing that we don't need a, Home run we just need.
Speaker 1: To get that guy over to.
Speaker 14: Third base he got down in the hole with two strikes early. On him he was able to take some tough pitches and then all of a sudden there's a pitch up in the souna and he's rolling over a ball to. Second base the best player in the world. Doing that that set the tone for.
Speaker 1: The rest, you know if.
Speaker 14: The best player in the war back TO back mvp or three times in a row and FOUR times mvp is, doing that everybody else is gonna. Follow SUIT so i feel like that's.
Speaker 1: The beauty and the how pretty this.
Speaker 14: Team is because we're full, of talent we're full, of starts and we all. Understand that but at the, same time we all understand that there's things to be needs to be done during the game that it doesn't acquire to be, so talented which is like running hard to first base or in, your teammates being on the bench.
Speaker 1: FOR others i think that's that's what we do.
Speaker 14: Really good and we don't ride those roller coasters of emotions.
Speaker 1: Too much we're trying to stay level as much as.
Speaker 4: We can and the.
Speaker 14: Emotional one you can be emotional because you don't have a bad in, your hand. You know but at the end of, the day, it's like how can we maintain the level of excellence throughout the year and then when, we're down we're not gonna look like we. Sow down and when, we're up we're gonna enjoy it if we Win The, world series because that's the. Ultimate goal but a game is, a game and we need to win the win.
Speaker 1: Them all so if we don't win, them all that's.
Speaker 14: Gonna be a we're not gonna get what we want to get in, that day which is winning. The game so that's how we approach it in, the clubhouse and that's why.
Speaker 4: We are we have a pretty. Good team so you won the?
Speaker 2: Series already are we keeping the techi going after every series win?
Speaker 12: The?
Speaker 4: SEASON yeah i.
Speaker 14: Love it tequila charts last night, for sure and looking forward to get another one tonight because.
Speaker 1: We always get one when we win. The series because we secure the series and then. We sweep we, do it we do It.
Speaker 4: Against, oh yeah good thing is it's an off. Date TOMORROW so i. LOVE it i love it.
Speaker 2: All right one one More thing i'm gonna Give To miguel rojas and to. Everybody else it's kind of full circle to his, home run and then he's gonna take photos and a meet and greet with. All you as you were getting your ring. LAST night i Had The Blue jays a's game on in the. Radio booth you know what happened as you were getting? Your Ring jeff hoffman was giving up the game tying home run in the. Ninth inning how crazy? Is that you don't have to. SAY anything i just wanted to let you know that. WAS happening, I heard i heard all about.
Speaker 14: It already you know, social media you know social media says, so yeah.
Speaker 4: Right right not, big secret not.
Speaker 12: Big.
Speaker 14: Secret yeah so they so, a friend a friend, of mine after the game, Was, over uh send me kind of like.
Speaker 1: The, video yeah like the two things happened at the.
Speaker 4: Same, time see you're ahead.
Speaker 2: Of me, thank you thank you for letting. Me, Know, hey miguel the fans they're foaming at. The mouth they want to get to, know you they want to shake, their hand they.
Speaker 4: Want to give you.
Speaker 2: A hug you deserve all this because the game certainly has rewarded you for your commitment to. The game how you've emptied the tank and thank you for coming Out To boyle heights to meet all.
Speaker 4: The fans, Thank, you begues thanks. On pictures That's got. Let's Go miguel rojas is in the HOUSE at Wss And.
Speaker 2: Boyle heights it was a great day HERE at Wss And. Boyle Hids miguel rojas made a lot of people happy Here In boyle HEIGHTS. At wss it was a great day. Out here as we wrap, things up thank you to. Everybody involved they made us feel. So welcome and you know, these events everybody wants to, get in they want to Meet. MCGUIL rojas i got to give KUDOS to wss and our and five TO Seventy La sports. Promotion team they did such a great job of, setting expectations heading out wristbands and getting AS many i think they got everybody through through the line that's here To Meet. Miguel rojas so kudos to everybody you put on a. Great event thank you for listening to this early Edition Of. Dodger talk in case you missed any of, the show you can find it On the. iHeartRadio app we'll be back with you Tonight From uniclo Field At, dodgers stadium As Postgame dodger talk will happen after tonight's game Against. The diamondbacks our coverage begins at five O'clock With tim Kats And. Morongo casino dodgers. On deck first Pitch With rick Monday And. Tim neverett at six' Ten on will smith go Ahead home Run Bobblehead night tyler Glass Now against eduardo Rodriguez as the dodgers go for the sweep in their opening series of. Twenty twenty Six Thanks to craig robbins OUT here At Wss.
Speaker 4: And BOYLE heights, like i said.
Speaker 2: Thank you TO, Everybody at Wss Thanks to dave wives, and his crew and a special thanks to my Guy Right, or die colin who is with, me every broadcast whether it's, eleven at night one AM. Or ELEVEN am from Wss. And boil heights Thank. You To colin ye i'll buy you. Some baseball Cards Colin and dave wese will take care of you even.
Speaker 4: More than that, but thank, you thank you thank.
Speaker 2: You to everybody I'm Headed to dodger stadium now and we'll talk to you tonight.
Speaker 4: After the game have a great rest.
Speaker 2: Of, the year, saturday be safe see you