Speaker 1: For the back to back World champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 4: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can they printing money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 5: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 3: Now your pregame host of the World champion LA Dodgers, tam Cats.
Speaker 7: Hi, everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino. Dodgers on deck on this hot Sunday afternoon, August the ninth, as you're back to back World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers are in the desert to wrap up this three game series against the Snakes. Dodgers seventy and forty seven on the year, first place atop the NL West. They've now got an eight and a half game lead in the division after snapping their seven game losing streak last night. The Dodgers a chance at a series win today and what is the final regular.
Speaker 5: Season meeting between these two teams.
Speaker 7: Justin Robleski on the mount First Pitch and Chase Field and Phoenix is coming up at one ten coming up over the next hour here on Morongo Casino, Dodgers on deck. Here's what you're gonna get. You're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David Vasse will join us throughout the hour.
Speaker 5: He'll go one on one.
Speaker 7: With Alex Vessio. We got your Dodgers magical moment. Charlie Steiner stops by. We'll visit with Kirsten Watson live on the field in just a couple of minutes, and in just a few we will head out to the Gaping four broadcast booth with Tim Neffertt and Rick Monday. Well, last night, a good old fashioned pitchers duel turned into a dramatic ex ratings win for the Dodgers. Yoshinobu Yamamoto and Brandon fought on the mound last night. They would go toe to toe, back and forth, putting up zeros along the way. Yamamoto pitched into the sixth st inning five and two thirds shutout innings, officially scattered just three hits while striking out six along the way. His pitch count got a little high That's why he exited in the sixth inning with one hundred and seven pitches. Meanwhile, Brandon Fought minute through seven shutout Indian's given him just two hits while striking out two and walking to the game remained tied until the eighth INNA, when the bullpens took over and the Diamondbacks went to the penn and Jonathan Loway isia on a relief facing Kyle.
Speaker 8: Tucker's a classic pitchers duel between Fought and Yamamoto. They're both now out of the game. One to oh pitch, Tucker swings hits.
Speaker 4: A high trive dap brightfield back it goes hit is done pal Tucker.
Speaker 1: Breaks the ice with a home run.
Speaker 8: Here's eleventh of the season and the Dodgers lead at one to nothing.
Speaker 5: Solo home run for King Tuck.
Speaker 7: He's eleventh of the season, his fourth since the All Star Game. Dodgers take a one nothing lead. Well, Dodgers with the lead take it into the ninth inning. Dave Roberts going to his closer, Edwin Diaz, who propably gave up a lead off triple to Haraldo Perdomo. Next batter Carroll and RBI triple that tie.
Speaker 5: The game had one.
Speaker 7: Blown save for Edwin Diaz, who was in danger of taking the loss. He settled in though line drive to third, pop out to short. After an intentional walk, he struck out Vargas to send it to extra innings. In the tenth, Dodgers had runners on first and third, two outsman show, Hey, o'tani you reached on an infield single.
Speaker 5: Kyle Tucker scored Dodgers at two to one lead.
Speaker 7: So to the bottom of the tenth we went Jack Dryer on in relief, strikeout infield single, so runners on first and third, one out.
Speaker 5: Dryer facing Ryan Walschmiz Tryer.
Speaker 8: Puts the ball in his Globin comes seven peaks over at first. OH two pitch curveball, round ball back to Tryer.
Speaker 1: He throws the.
Speaker 4: Second one on the first double pay he the Dodgers win OH game ending double play started by Jack Dryer, and the Dodgers win it an extra innings two to one, and in the seven game.
Speaker 8: Losing skid, the Dodgers are back.
Speaker 1: In the win column with win number seventy.
Speaker 5: How about the old one four to three double play ball.
Speaker 7: Game over on a stretch by Freddie Freeman at first base by the way, Dodgers hang on for the two to one win and ten innings, snapping that seven game losing streak that is over.
Speaker 5: With the win, Dodgers now.
Speaker 7: Seventy and forty seven, eight and a half games up in the NL West, and today the rubber game of this three game series in Arizona. Justin Robleski on the mound, looking to get back on track. First pitch coming up at one ten and with more we head out to the Gallop and four broadcast booth as we say good afternoon to Tim Nevert and Rick Monday guys.
Speaker 8: Tim, thanks very much. Roof closed on this very warm afternoon in Phoenix, Arizona for Game three, the final one of this three game set. It's the rubber game, as the Dodgers and Diamondbacks have split the first two. The Dodgers, with their seventieth win of the year last night, seventy and forty seven the record improved their lead to eight and a half over the Diamondbacks in the National League Western Division. Meantime, the Diamondbacks go to sixty two and fifty six. They are tied with Philadelphia for the second wild card. They are six behind the Chicago Cubs in the wild card race on the mound. The battle of lefty is Justin Robleski. He's eleven and three with a three to three to one ERA. Eduardo Rodriguez ten and four with a two seventy one earned run average. It was an exhale, a sigh of relief. It wasn't the way they wanted it to go down last night, but they'll take the win nonetheless, and in the seven game win streak, getting back in the win column with a two to one extra innings victory last night. It was an all hands on deck kind of game. They used a lot of the bullpen and a lot of drama in that ballgame last night.
Speaker 2: Well, it was a high wire act, there's no question about it. And for the Dodgers, yes, they were able to go hold on by their fingernails and be able to do it. We saw something I don't recall really happening in the bottom of the night then, I mean back to back triples. The Doctors had a one run lead at the time and a high wire act by Edwin Diaz, who after the ball game, you know, Dave Roberts says, you know, it was the first time they really saw the intensity coming out of Diaz, and he needed that intensity because he pitched out of it in the night. The Doctors eventually win it in the tenth and even then was a high wire act with the game ending on a double play ball.
Speaker 8: Which brings us to the question of the bullpen today. With heavy usage in the first couple of games, especially last night, who closes today? Well, Dave Roberts was asked that question a short time ago and he said, we'll see when we get there. I think he's got a pretty good idea, but he just doesn't want anybody to know before the game.
Speaker 9: Tim.
Speaker 2: I thought it was also interesting, is that postgame comments by Dave Roberts asked about Edwin Diaz as well, he's been struggling. Yes, you saw intensity last night, and Roberts again says, really the first time he has seen it this year from him at that level. And he says, well, you know, here's the other thing. Will Diaz remain as the closer? Because Dave said I thought it was interesting, he is, yeah, we need to because what are their options do I really have? And especially as you're alluding to, I mean six different relievers used in last night's game.
Speaker 8: Edwin Diaz gave up twelve runs all last season with the Mets. He's given up twelve runs already in limited duty with the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And the other part too, is we can talk about the pitching all we wanted. The era has gone up, no question about over the last number of weeks, but the offense has been very inconsistent on top of it. And one thing that Dodgers need to get rid of is the double play ball. They hit into two more last night. They've hit into more double plays than any other team in baseball and has really taken them out of opportunities in certain innings.
Speaker 8: Dave was asked about the double plays recently, just a few minutes ago, and he said, it's a matter of our hitters being more aware of what the pitcher is trying to do to them, and that's what he's trying to do to help them cut down on hitting into double plays. Dodgers and the Diamondbacks. That said, Wydro Rodriguez pitching for Arizona, Justin Roeblusky for the Dodgers in a game that will decide the tiebreaker between these two teams if it comes down to it.
Speaker 7: Tim all right, Thank you guys as we count you down to first pitch on this Sunday.
Speaker 5: Dodger fans, what you're doing for lunch?
Speaker 7: Get your game day meal on Shaky's Pizza Parlor, or to your Shaky's Pizza Chicken Mojo's.
Speaker 1: You can do it right now.
Speaker 7: It's Shaky's dot Com coming up here on Dodgers on Deck. David Vasego's high and tight with Alex Vesia. We'll hear from Dave Roberts, Charlie Steiner stops by. We'll get to you the latest injury news. You got your Dodgers magical moment. We'll break down this pitchy matchup up next. So you're O Tania rewind and we go live to the field at Chase Field in Arizona with Kirsten Watson from Sports in at LA. That's all coming up as we lead up to Dodgers and Diamondbacks on this Sunday.
Speaker 5: Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 7: I'm Tim Kates as the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 7: Dodgers and diamond Back One Final time final regular season meeting between these two teams. They are six and six and had to head meetings Justin Robleski and Wardo Rodrigez.
Speaker 5: The pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at one ten.
Speaker 3: This is the Otani rewide winners lead first and third.
Speaker 8: Darcia set third base out of the rubber. The lefty fires and Otani swings hits a ground ball diving stop by Tala ITH's off his body throw to first, No throw to first, everybody's safe. Tucker comes into score and the Dodgers take a two to one lead.
Speaker 5: Tala tried to throw.
Speaker 8: It and he just couldn't get a handle on it, so he put it in his pocket and Otani gets a base hit and drives him the goal ahead run.
Speaker 7: Show Hey Otani infield single. He hit the ball hard. Tollom made a nice defensive stop to keep it in the infield. Kyle Tucker would score to give the Dodgers a two to one lead, and they go on and win it by the final two to one in ten innings.
Speaker 1: Is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 5: Hey.
Speaker 7: Kirsten now joins us from the desert. Brought to you by Cars for Kids. The easiest way to get rid of that old car. Donate today, your car could be picked up tomorrow that easy donate now with Cars.
Speaker 5: For Kids dot org. Here we are, Kirston.
Speaker 7: They had a seven game losing streak. The sky was falling. But when it's all said and done, the Dodge is now have a chance to actually win this series.
Speaker 5: With the victory.
Speaker 10: Today, the sun has come back up. Everything is gonna be fine. No, they're in a good position. They're an opportunity they can win this series. Like you mentioned, and name got Justin Robleski who's on the mound. And as much as yes like as a collective, they're still working through a few things to get back to playing their version and their level of Dodger Baseball. Yesterday at least was a very good step. You saw whether it was the bullten who, yes, dealt with some traffic in different situations, but they were able to grind through it. Even if you think about Edwin Diaz there in that ninth inning, for him to be in a situation with the two backpack triples, one of them being an RBI triple to bring in the game tying rind, but for him to be able to get out of that with no outs with a runner on third. That was huge for him. Dave Robertson talked about just a different level of intensity that they saw from him. So the team is ultimately in a good spot to continue building on yesterday. I've got Justin on the mound. He's looking for a bounce back outing and then hopefully the offense. There's a lot of familiarity with Eduardo Rodriguez, but he's had a great year, so hopefully they can really find ways to get going early.
Speaker 7: You mentioned Justin Robleski and bouncing back. He had a great first half of the season since the All Star break. Justin Robleski's just the one win in Philadelphia and the last time in Chicago wasn't a great outing.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he got jumped on, you know when you look at the four home runs and for him it's now been four home runs and back to back outings, and so the long golf killing him at the moment. But talking to Dave roberts he had shared that they were going to look in to see if there was any tipping that was maybe happening, especially after that outing in Chicago, and he said that that thing it came back inconclusive. They didn't see anything there. With talking to Justin, he has shared that when he being a picture that truly attacks the strike zone like you're facing big lea hiders, there are going to be times that the execution's not there that you are going to get jimped on and get attacked, similar to what we saw in these last two outings. So he was saying, it's more of you have to look at it as a learning experience. Maybe there's some things in the game planning and sequencing he can adjust, but you know, he can't change. He is and he wants to be that guy. He's had success in the zone. But now it's just okay, what are maybe certain ways we can make some adjustments so that the execution is coming back and the results aren'nest aren't as impactful, no doubt.
Speaker 7: Let's hope you can get back on track and not give up the home run ball like he has the last two games.
Speaker 5: Kirsten, we appreciate it.
Speaker 7: We'll check it with you after the game still to come here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck. We'll previous this pitching matchup. David Vass goes one on one with Alex Vesia. But I'm next an injury report and we'll hear from the Dodger manager Dave Roberts. It's the Dodgers and Diamondbacks one final time from the desert. I'm Tim Kass, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue All season Law, Good Law.
Speaker 7: Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck, Continuus on this Sunday as he leads up to first pitch from Arizona Dodgers and Diamondbacks Maroongo Casino Resort and Spot. It's a Grand Slam for good times. Jesser Robleski on the mountain, looking to get back on track. First pitch coming up at one ten.
Speaker 3: It's the LA Dodgers Injury Report.
Speaker 7: Present of my UCLA Healthy official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Dalton rushing on the iel with the UCLA ucl elbow injury. Blake trying it on the in your list with the right elbow inflammation.
Speaker 5: Will Smith still.
Speaker 7: Working his way back from the next inflammation. Tyler Glass. Now I'm going to make another rehab start here soon. Blake Snell scheduled to come back and join this rotation on Tuesday night. Benkuspirius, Kevin Stone, Bobby Miller, all in Triple A Oklahoma City, all trying to salvage what has been an injury riddled twenty twenty six season. All right, let's head back up to Phoenix and get the pre thought to the Dodgers skipper.
Speaker 1: Questions for Dave, Dave, can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 5: Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 1: The dugouts with Dave Roberts?
Speaker 10: It did?
Speaker 11: It felt good last night knowing we won a ballgame and and have a chance to win a series. So, you know, going to today, Robos had a couple of tough ones and so I'm really excited to see how he responds today. You know, he talks a little bit about the offense and just kind of, you know, anxious to see how they respond to Rodriguez, who's had a great year, good pitcher, change his speeds and so just kind of how we, you know, navigate him today as well.
Speaker 12: Justin you guys had mentioned just after the back to back games with four home runs, you guys were going to look into whether if there were some tippings and things like that. Was there anything that you guys were able to find and is it hop that either it just this like mechanical thing or with him attacking the zone, this is just a possibility.
Speaker 11: I think with we we did look into it. I think it was unfounded, and you know, some of it is just pitch execution, you know, some of it, you know, and the last one there is some wind involved aiding some of the slug. But I think at the end of the day we feel good about you know, he's got to go out there next few pitches.
Speaker 13: Next you got back to back two times, say young winners, how much of the weapon or advantage is that they have that kind of a one two punch in a rotation.
Speaker 11: It's great, it's you know, on one side of it, you feel it as the home team because you feel that the confidence of who you're running out there. But on the other side, you know, it seems daunting, you know when you look at the probables and you see these cy young guys back to back and you it's a lot to take in as a potential offense, you know, as an offense, and so it's it feels really good to have those two guys on our side.
Speaker 2: When the last time you had something.
Speaker 11: Like that, you know, yeah, I can't remember, you know, I mean you'd have to go back to Kershaw granky and you know, yeah, Yamamoto hasn't one to cy Young, but he's right up there in the conversation, you know, the last couple of years.
Speaker 5: That get ahead of myself.
Speaker 10: But if I even more amplify the the postseason.
Speaker 1: Than that feeling it is, it is.
Speaker 11: Yeah. I mean I think that you know, you have to win with starting pitching, you really do. And I think in twenty four. I know in twenty four we did it a different way, but starting pitching is kind of your backbone. And to have those guys, yeah, regular season, postseason, that's a good kind of foundation.
Speaker 5: All Right.
Speaker 7: There's a manager, Dave Roberts addressing a lot of topics, including next week. Yes, with Schooble and Snell back to back starts on Monday and Tuesday. We'll continue here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. We will check in with the David Vas get you all the latest to lead you up to Dodgers and Diamondbacks on this Sunday from Phoenix. I'm Tim Kates as the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 7: It's the Dodgers and the Diamondbacks. Justin Robleski on the mound. First pitch from Phoenix is coming up at one ten.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 6: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 5: All right, DV.
Speaker 7: Dodgers gonna win last night. But another rough outing for Edwin Diaz in the ninth.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was a tail of two innings for Edwin Diaz because he gave up back to back triples, blew the safe but stranded Corby and Carroll at third base with nobody out. And I talked to Edwin Diaz earlier this morning and we went through that ninth inning, and I asked him whether or not the back of his mind, not really allowing himself to let it go as far as finishing his pitches has prevented him from looking like Edwin Diaz since returning off the IL. And he said, you know what, to a certain extent, yes, because when that guy was at third base, he said to himself, I am not going to allow the Dodgers to lose this game. I am not going to allow us to lose this game. And then he said he went into compete mode and just let it rip and did not allow whatever he had in the back of his mind about whether or not his arm would cooperate enter his mind at that point in time, and that gave the Dodgers a chance to win. So, like Dave Roberts said after the game last night when he spoke to DS, he believes what took place in that ninth inning, where DS competed his way through the rest of that ninth inning and gave the Dodgers a chance in the tenth is a turning point in his season. So we'll find out the next time DZ is out there. Das is not available tonight because he has pitched in the first two games of this series.
Speaker 7: David is brought to you by a Ford Summer sales event. Don't wait hurrying now for the best offers of the year. Go to buy Ford now dot com or You're Southern California four Dealers for more information. Ford Official Vehicle of Major League Baseball Dodgers snapped the seven game losing streak, David Miguel Rojas had a little text message to do something about this.
Speaker 5: What happened?
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, this group text between teammates has become famous, infamous since twenty twenty and then into twenty twenty four, and Miguel Rojas felt that the Dodgers needed to recalibrate. Here's what he told to yesterday about the text he sent to teammates after their seventh straight laws.
Speaker 14: I challenged the guys, I send in a little quick message on the group last night to start our sprint right now. You know why not to start when it's forty four games left? So we prepare for what is coming. And I feel like if we put the little intensity on every pitch and forget about the past and forget about what the future is gonna look like, I think we're gonna be on the moment more and we're gonna give everything that we have in that moment. So I think it's important to remember those little things when you go in the middle of the summer and you know, like you're approaching the end of the season and you kind of wanted to get over there with so you can go to October. But I mean, no one's gonna give you anything for free, so we're gonna have to earn it, and this is our time to kind of start our sprint. I believe we can do it. I know we've been playing a lot of games the last two years and this year, but if we have an opportunity to do something really special, so if we have it in our hands, let's do it.
Speaker 5: You know, we're in it to win it.
Speaker 14: We're not in it just to say, oh, no, we won the last two were okay, not winning this one or let's see what happened. No, we're in it to win this one. And now that we have the opportunity that all we have to play is fifty some more games in this year, it's a good time for us to kind of like do the sprint and finish the season.
Speaker 6: So that was an example of a team leader being able to hold the rest of his team. It's accountable in a way where it's not negative. It's him just reminding these guys let's run through the finish line, not let's just limp to the finish line. To be ready for October and to hear that full conversation with Miguel Rojas, the winner of a Heart and Hustle Award. You can find it on the iHeartRadio app just search Dodger Talk.
Speaker 7: Great stuff, David, appreciate it. Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Alpoto, Born in La.
Speaker 5: Made for your game.
Speaker 7: Deal Pato brings authentic Mexican's Doylen Tomato, sauces, sausas and hot sauss right to your plane every single time. Alpoto, Gormet and a Can dv's gonna be back with of course, a big interview coming up in about fifteen minutes with Alex VESSI. You're not gonna want to miss it. Up next, so your Dodgers Magical Moment. Dodgers and Diamondbacks one more time from the Desert. I'm Tim Keats's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers.
Speaker 5: Paul, do you know what.
Speaker 1: This is?
Speaker 3: Morongo Casino Dodgers hunting on your home for La.
Speaker 15: Dodgers Baseball, Dodgers and Diamondbacks one final time from the desert, leading you up to first pitch.
Speaker 7: Twentieth Century Studios The Dog Stars legendary director Ridley Scott returns with a gripping post apocalyptic thriller starring Jacob Elordi, Josh Brolin, Margaret Qualley, and Guy Pierce. The Dog stars only in theaters and Imax August twenty eight.
Speaker 5: Get your tickets.
Speaker 6: Though, now I know.
Speaker 3: Who wan's a hot It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment. It's Magical presented by Hawfy Hot Dogs.
Speaker 7: Well the Dodgers taking on the Diamondbacks and go back to August thirty first, two years ago in Arizona, the Dodgers and Knights, in which they began the game with not one, not two, but three straight home runs.
Speaker 8: Reddy Freeman up?
Speaker 4: Now these swings hits a drive deep right center?
Speaker 1: Could it be? It is three homers.
Speaker 4: In a row to start the ball game?
Speaker 8: Otani, Pets and now Freeman.
Speaker 4: Absolutely incredible here in Arizona.
Speaker 1: Can you believe this?
Speaker 8: Four hundred and thirty seven feet It cleared the pool in right center field.
Speaker 1: Three batters, three home runs.
Speaker 5: Nothing Dodgers. How about that? Oh?
Speaker 7: Tay Betts and Freeman back to back to back home runs the lead off the game against the Diamondbacks. This is a wild game that also featured the Diamondbacks coming back with four runs in the bottom of the inning, including inside the park home run from Corbyn Carroll, the Dodgers that would go on and win that game back in August of twenty twenty four by a final of eight to six. Is Offy Magical moment brought to by Hofey Hot Dogs. Offy Sokow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Hoffey hount Dogs Local and so great. When we continue here, I'm wrong with Casino Dodgers on deck. We'll check it with Charlie Steiner. So leads up to Dodgers and Diamondbacks.
Speaker 5: I'm Tim Kates. Is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers audio number.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers on tap on your home for the blue all season long long.
Speaker 7: It's the Dodgers and the Diamondbacks one final time from the desert. Justin Robleski, Eduardo Rodriguez, the pitching matchup. Time Now for the Verizon startup, as we are thirty five minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock that low prize for three years so you can say big visit your So Calver Verizon store today. We welcome in Charlie Steiner.
Speaker 16: All right, Tim, after last night's two to one extra inning game, in the end of the seven game losing streak, there are forty five games left in the regular season, fifty days to go. Dodgers at seventeen forty seven, eight and a half in front of Arizona. The Dodgers breathing a sigh of relief.
Speaker 2: Bough, Oh they are and no question about it. And you know, we can use the term big game. But as far as the Dodgers and the Diamondbacks, this is a big game because the season series is tied six wins apiece, and whoever wins today would have an advantage in postseason play if it comes down to that particular area. And you mentioned the wild card. I mean, this is a big, big game. And for the Dodgers had to hold on by their fingernails in last night's ballgame because behind that lead going into the bottom of the ninth inning, how often have we seen back to back triples leading off an inning in a one run game. All of a sudden, it's a tie game, but back to back triples, And then did the high wire act in the tenth the Dodgers walked off with that victory. But you know, postgame, you know, Dave Roberts said, hey, look, our ball club is not as focused as it needs to be in time. As you mentioned, the days left in the season, time's beginning to run out.
Speaker 16: You know. The Dodger pitching has been an issue. They walked eight last night, they walked seven against the Cubs earlier in the week.
Speaker 5: And you look back.
Speaker 16: Now, Dodgers have won only seven of their last ten, eleven of their last twenty, sixteen of their last thirty. Okay, so they're not playing well obviously, wins and losses. But here's a disturbing number. In the last ten games that Dodger era is four to ninety six in the last twenty games four fifty four, in the last thirty games of four forty three er and in the last fifty games in the ER for forty seven. So the pitching, which had been such a strength for such a long time, last fifty games, that hasn't been the case.
Speaker 2: Absolutely right. And then you combine that, Charlie, with the inconsistency of the offense and the base running too. I mean, the base running. Let's just put in perspective. The base running has not been upper echelon by any stretched imagination if we look so it's a combination of men and many things. And then Dave Roberts said last night after the ballgame, it was really the first time that they saw some intensity and focus from Edwin Diaz, who did the high wire act in that ninth inning. But when Roberts is pressed about the closer, he goes, look, what are my other options. We've got to stay with with what we've got right now.
Speaker 16: Meanwhile, there are the Diamondbacks. They've won seven of their last eleven. They're tied with the Phillies for the second wildcard spot, and only the Braves, Cubs, and Brewers have more wins in the National League over the last sixteen games then the Arizona Diamondbacks. So the Diamondbacks are showing some real signs of life, and the Dodgers, after today, in an important rubber game of this three game series, finally go home, and tomorrow night we will see schoogl and in all likelihood on Tuesday, the return of Blake Snell. So we're getting to a real pivotal point in the season right now where the games are counting more and now with the good guys coming over the hill and the Dodgers call home after today's game three with Kansas City and four very important games with Milwaukee beginning on Thursday.
Speaker 2: And one very important game here this afternoon because Arizona. They're both love to bring a different dimension to the game. It is based around speed.
Speaker 16: In Robeleski eleven and three of three point thirty one er, but in his last two games he had an ER going into the last two games of three point thirty one. Of course, he'd been beaten about the lot the last couple of games, and he's seen his EER go up from two sixty two to three point thirty one. So he's got to right his ship against a very solid lefty EDWARDO Rodriguez ten and four in the two seventy one er.
Speaker 2: Nothing's going to be easy. But if it was easy, everybody would be doing it.
Speaker 16: So we're ready to go. Rubber game of the three game series. Very important game. You would think it's August ninth and important game. Yes it is, and it gets more important in the week ahead lineups in first pitch coming up.
Speaker 5: All right, Thank you, Charlie.
Speaker 7: Dodgers Baseball's presented by Uniclo Field at Dodgers Stadium. Visit uniclod dot com, slash us still.
Speaker 5: To come here on Dodgers on Debt.
Speaker 7: Before first pitch, We're gonna previous this pitching matchup Keys of the game.
Speaker 5: But up next High and.
Speaker 7: Tights alex Vesia Dodgers and Diamondbacks. First pitch of one ten. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: As we were saying, yes is Marongo Casino Dodgers on jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 7: It's the Dodgers in Diamondbacks rubber game of this three game set, final meeting of the regular season.
Speaker 5: Justin Robleski at Arno Rodriguez.
Speaker 7: The pitching matchup Dodgers Baseball, brought to by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio broadcast. Win It's game Day, It's group day, shakeys dot Com and now.
Speaker 1: What will likely be vest a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 5: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 6: The Dodgers are closing out this road trip and what a wild win for the Dodgers last night the bullpen, finding a way to gut it out to get the job done. Alex Vessio was one of those guys last night. Thanks a lot for the time, and I'm glad this is after a win.
Speaker 1: Uh yes, yes, me too.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I did my fair share of making an interesting uh not super ideal, but hey, you know we uh not, not every audience going to be perfect. And you know, putting up a zero in that spot, you know, I felt like, you know, did my job and we we got to win.
Speaker 6: So I gotta ask you about your twin, Jack Dryer. A lot of people believe that Jack Dryer is the Alex Vesia twin in that bullpen. What can you say about the job he did in the tenth inning?
Speaker 1: That was that was really cool. He's we we.
Speaker 9: We might throw, we might be left handed and we might throw the vert ball, but you know, we are very much different. The way he goes about his business very much analytical data. You know, he loves his iPad and it's for him to go out there.
Speaker 5: And also the double playball that was super cool.
Speaker 1: I mean that was that was.
Speaker 9: A really really good play and you know, super proud of him. He's he's grown a bunch, you know, and you know Doc, Doc trusts him, and yeah, it's been it's been great to watch him, you know, just kind of blossom.
Speaker 6: When we look at you guys, you're major leaguers at the top of your game. But to have a moment like that for Jag Dryer, how much does that boost his confidence moving forward?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I would I would say it definitely boots his confidence. I know, he's he's a pretty confident guy. Uh, you know, day in and day out, but you know, to go out there in the tenth and the you know, in the you know, we've we lost seven in a row, and you know, with all the you know, outside noise, right for him to keep his head down, still attack, you know, one pitch at a time, one out at a time. You know, adversity was definitely against him yesterday with you know, run around second base no oubts. He managed it great, you know, and I give him a lot of credit. So he did an awesome job yesterday.
Speaker 6: Alex Bessie as our guest in front of first pitch between the Dodgers and Diamondbacks, I got to ask you this, how would you describe your season? How has it been for you? The grind of this season.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you know, I I would say, I'm I'm pretty proud of of myself for this season, for how I'm I'm going about my business. To not get too too far into it, but you know, it's been tough, right the what I've had to face off the field has not been easy, you know, So I do give myself a lot of credit going out giving it my all, you know, pitching and you know, performing in the way I have. Obviously, you know, we can nitpick and be very critical of you know, a bunch of different analytics stuff. But I feel like when I go out there, I'm confident and I'm giving my team the best chance to win, you know, and whatever Doc needs of me, whether that's one out, two out, or three outs. You know, him and I have a great relationship, and you know, I definitely I'm proud of myself so far. We have about forty four more games left, yeah, you know, and I'm just looking forward to kind of soaking that all in, you know, at the end of the year. You know, I'm hoping to have a third ring, you know, and and after that, I don't know where life will.
Speaker 5: Take me, all right.
Speaker 6: Bessia thanks a lot for the time. You're very gracious, and I love all the little kids, all the lot of Dodger fans really appreciating you, because middle relievers don't get a lot of love, but certainly Dodger fans love you.
Speaker 9: Yes, yeah, it's been it's been awesome. The I can't give the fans enough, you know, love back. It's definitely been been really nice this year. And you know, all I want to do is make the you know, kids smile, and you know, if I wave at them sign a baseball, it's you know that does that warms my heart too, So I don't take it for granted.
Speaker 6: Alex Vessia has been our guest and he'll receive one hundred dollars gift card to Boulevard Steak in Sherman Oaks and a brand new location in Calabasas. So you enjoy Vessia.
Speaker 9: Lariety, Thank you, thank you. I appreciate it all.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 9: I think we're actually going to we're gonna spin it. I'm gonna give my one hundred dollars gift card back to you, right and you're gonna do a giveaway on your Instagram. So the it does not necessarily the first person. But you get to choose someone in the DMS that that dms you a V fifty one. They will they have the opportunity to win the gift card.
Speaker 6: All right, you heard it officially vass A Instagram. If you DM me AV fifty one, you'll get it so generous on this beautiful Sunday.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean that that sounds like you know, you've given me a bunch of a bunch of these that you know. I we need to hear what the people think about it, you know, not just the players. We hear about the people too.
Speaker 6: What a guy, great karma always come in vessious way. Thanks a lot for the time, and we'll see you on the plane.
Speaker 5: All right, we'll see you on the plane.
Speaker 6: There he goes, Alex Vessi with that beautiful beard and that generosity. We'll send it back.
Speaker 7: To you in the studio, tim all right, AVY fifty one. Hit up David Vassa on Instagram right now, officially, vast A AV fifty one. Slide into dv's DMS right now, all right, leading up to first pitch, Dodgers and Diamondbacks up next.
Speaker 5: We'll dive deep into this pitch. You match up don't go anywhere.
Speaker 7: I am Tim Katson's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers on your home for.
Speaker 15: La Dodgers Baseball, Dodgers Diamondbacks one final time this season.
Speaker 7: They are six and six against each other. Today the thirteenth and final head to head meeting, also the rubber game of this three game set from Chase Field and Phoenix.
Speaker 5: First pitch coming up at one.
Speaker 3: Ten and now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchups.
Speaker 5: Brought to you by your Toyota dealers. We make it easy.
Speaker 7: And Wardao Rodriguez on the Mounta ten and fourth at two to seventy one. EL thirty three year old left hander out of Venezuela in his twelve season the Big Leagues Red Sox Tigers, now his third year in Arizona with the Diamondbacks.
Speaker 5: Earned his first career All.
Speaker 7: Star selection this year, making his twenty fourth start last time out five and two thirty and he's seven runs, eleven hits and a loss to the Padres. I remember at Warda Rodriguez a couple of years ago in Detroit did not want to accept the trade to the Dodgers because didn't want to move out to the West coast. Phoenix is pretty west if you look at the map. But he is now in his third season after signing a four year deal with the Diamondbacks. Eleventh career start against the Dodgers, fourth this season. Yeah, they've already seen him three times here in twenty twenty six. He has one to zero with a one to fifty nine ERA and thirteen strikeouts fastball Chamione up combination sixty five percent of the time he has been successful with that. Justin Robleski on the mound for the Dodgers eleven and three with a three thirty one ERA, the twenty six year old left hander having an All Star season, no arguing the first half of the year that he had in the Dodgers' rotation. He's already established a career high in innings and wins this season. Last time out, though, with a rough one at Ridley Field in Chicago, four to third innings, gave up seven runs on seven hits, including four home runs, struck out four, walk three, and a loss to the Cubs. The last two starts combined, Justin Robleski, it's giving up eight home runs. Needs to stop giving up the long ball. Robleski is still seeking his first win against Arizona. He has zero to one against him in three games two starts with a seven p thirty ERA. He took the start against Arizona back on June fourth this season. He went six scoreless innings. He allowed six hits, no walks while striking out four, but got a no decision. So a pair of left handers in the rubber game of this three game set. Justin Robleski looking for his twelfth win of this season and Wardo Rodriguez looking for his eleventh win and what is his fourth start against the Dodgers in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 5: It's the Dodgers and Diamondbacks.
Speaker 7: We are fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game with Tim and Rick are coming up next. I'm Tim Katson. This is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the blue All season Law Law.
Speaker 7: Hanson Dodgers and the Arizona Diamondbacks. From hot Phoenix, temperatures well over a one hundred degrees been nice and cool. Inside Chase Field. Justin roble and Wardo Rodriguez, the two left hander is going to go at it in the rubber game of this three game set. First pitch coming up. He had about twelve minutes. As we get you ready for the start of the game with the Supporo starts great moments. Start with Saporo Beer, whatever your taste preference. Saporo has you cover with a variety of crisp and refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beers. Saporo good wiz, sushi great with baseball all right, before first page, we head back out to the booth. The two guys calling the game today, Tim neverert Rick Monday, guys.
Speaker 8: Tim, thanks very much. Getting ready for this one. Very warm outside, it'll be nice and cool inside. Rufe is closed at Chase Field once again. Justin Robleski eleven and three three three one elra He has had a rough couple of outings two in a row against Seattle and the Cubs done something that no other Dodger pitcher in franchise history has allowed, and that's four home runs in a game twice, and in Robleski's case, it happened in back to back games. So the he obviously for him today is to keep the ball in the ballpark.
Speaker 2: He throws a lot of strikes. In fact, two out of three pitches strikes at very high percentage of time. Someone asked me, he said, well, does he throw too many strikes? No, he throws too many strikes of recent outings in the big part of the plate, and he has paid the price. But I don't expect him to change speeds much much better today. Speaking of changing speeds for Eduardo Rodriguez, he will change speeds. Only four pitchers have thrown changeups more often than he has, almost thirty percent. And that slider can be devastating because he's going to try and keep it down. What does a slider down in the strike zone? Also in tie ground bowl double plays?
Speaker 8: Possibly Arizona's won three of his last four starts against the Dodgers, but prior to that he was one and seven well a seven two four ERA, and that includes seven career starts and some of the postseason as well. So the Dodgers trying to hit to Eduardo Rodrigas and Justin Robluski trying to go deep in this game and give the Dodgers a chance to win Dodgers and Diamondbacks rubber game of this three game set just around the corner.
Speaker 7: Tip all right, Yeah, Dodgers start the day eight and a half games up on Arizona.
Speaker 5: Can they add another game to that?
Speaker 7: Meanwhile, San Diego nine and a half games back in the NL West. They're on Sunday Night baseball tonight against the Houston Astros. Not only is the division important for the Dodgers, but as the guys alluded to earlier, winning one of the top two spots in the National League means avoiding the.
Speaker 5: Wild Card round.
Speaker 7: And right now, the Milwaukee Brewers have the best record not laying baseball, but in the National League it's seventy three and forty four, the Dodgers at seventy and forty seven. The Atlanta Braves tied with them at seventy and forty seven. So the Dodgers needing to keep pace and get one of those two top spots in the National League. When it's all set and done, when this thing is done, I'll be back with all the postgame festivities, including Dodger talk as well.
Speaker 5: It's the Dodgers in Diamondbacks.
Speaker 7: They have split the season series, with six wins each so far, who will win the series this season? With the win today, we'll find out next from Chase Field and Arizona. I'm Tim Kates and this has been Morocco Casino Dodgers on Deck on your back to back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network