Speaker 1: That Jay Weber Podcast is presented by Creative Plannet, helping clients simplify their journey to financial wellness, one personalized plan at a time. That j Weber Podcast is a production of iHeartRadio Podcasts.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the j Weber Podcast, where we consider all things great and small pretty good, living off of my social commentary and because I'm willing to say things or see things that others cannot. And Gregory John, my producer, is here. I've been thinking a lot about the brioche bun. Have you noticed how the brioche bud that came out of nowhere on us?
Speaker 3: You are sitting in the wood shop thinking about brioche buns?
Speaker 2: Is that what you're doing now? I am, because enough of them have fallen apart on me now that I'm thinking that this is just a dirty trick that is being hold on us by the French. Oh is that what that we were? Suddenly We're supposed to get excited about our burgers or our chicken sandwiches coming on a brioche bud. It's a half pound patty with bacon and swiss onmbrioge Brioche.
Speaker 3: Well, I was I was looking, I had to actually look it up because I didn't really know what a brioche bun is. And then I saw, oh, I get these all the time. Now I kind of know. I had thought it was like some special pretzel bun or something like that, which I detest. I don't like a pretzel bun.
Speaker 2: But first it's it's more I'm agnostic on the pretzel bun. I would rather not have one than to have one. But it's it's basically a white bun with some egg. You know, it's an egg bakery or something. I think they're getting They're trying to get closer to those like kings Hawaiian buns or something. I have a stronger opinion on this than I should have, because I think the brio bun is just a piece of crap that has the sandwich falling apart in your hand before you can eat it.
Speaker 3: I talked I talked to ben yaout about this earlier, about the Brioche bun, and he goes, oh, but it makes fabulous French toast ask for the brioche bun for the French.
Speaker 2: I mean, he goes, you know, he is that I wouldn't do that. I wouldn't that I wouldn't doubt. This to me is all marketing campaign. The next time you're out with the family and the burger or the chicken sandwich comes on a brioche bun. I want you to notice how quickly the whole thing just crumble into your hand. It's on right after the first bite.
Speaker 3: You're absolutely right. It's basically it just you take a fifteen dollars hamburger and you make it seventeen because it says brioche bun on it, right.
Speaker 2: I think that's that's what's going on. It has no sandwich integrity. It's not going to hold it shape long enough for you to get three bites into this so much. In fact, I think brioche means evil trick in French, doesn't it all?
Speaker 3: Right? Enough of that?
Speaker 2: What's coming up on the podcast? Oh you want more on the podcast? Well, let me see. We have all sorts of things we I think we do need protests and congressional hearings into the brioche bun though rfk Junion needs to take on big Brioche. We're going to be talking about the nonlinear nature of this Iran war and remind people that when you're dealing with evil mollahs, And when you're dealing with Donald Trump, you can't expect anything to move in a straight line here, so the overreactions to every little move or every little update on that is interesting to me. I've got some thoughts on the twenty twenty eight election as it relates to the future of the Republican Party and all sorts of things. But first a shout out to my great sponsor. Have you heard about Creative Planning. They're one of the nation's largest independent wealth management firms, offering fully integrated financial and retirement planning, investment management, estate planning, tax strategies, business services, and international wealth management, all in house and coordinated through your wealth manager. Their fiduciary wealth managers are here to help you navigate every piece of your financial life. Visit Creative Planning dot com to schedule your introductory meeting. That's Creative Planning dot com. Your team awaits paid for by Creative Planning and SEC registered investment advisor. The speaker's statements are not an endorsement of the firm. This will make those of us who grew up in the nineteen seventies feel old. Alan Osman, the oldest of the Osman brothers died Monday at the age of seventy six. He'd been diagnosed with MS way back in nineteen eighty seven, apparently, but there's no official cause of death. Given the older you get the younger, seventy six years old sounds and it's sad to hear. By the way, Alan Osman had a fifty year marriage and eight sons. Eight sons, so he leaves a legacy. But for those keeping track at home, this means two of the four Osman's dead because the second oldest, Wayne, died last year at the age of seventy three. And even more depressing to some of us, all of the bee Gees are dead. I guess we gen xers really are getting old. Oh and on a more serious note, who among us who grew up in the fifties, sixties, seventies or eighties would have thought we'd see a day when the Democratic Party of America was the party of Islamic extremism and anti Semitic hate. I've been warning my morning show listeners about this for some time now because people who are paying attention could see it coming. But when famous constitutionalist and lifelong Democrat Alan Dershowitz is leaving the Democrat Party over this. It signifies a milestone. This started small, The anti semitism within the Democrat Party started smaller with yesterday's young and extreme socialists finding a kinship with Islamic terrorists and any group of people who claim grievances against the United States of America. This is intersectionality. Remember this is the intersectionality bull crap that the rabid leftists of this era preach. It's basically that anyone who was wronged or abused by America, the white man the Western world, needs to ban together in kinship and fight back against them. This is what links the gay agenda to the Islamic terror agenda, to their pro abortion agenda, to the trans agenda, etc. Intersectionality, and it has led to today's Democrat Party being taken over by socialists and anti semites. I mean no exaggeration. The loudest voices in today's Democrat Party are the America haters and angry kooks who used to be on the fringes of the Democrat Party. But as I explained to my radio audience over the last twenty years or so, when Barack Obama and Nancy Pelosi and the Democrats managed to get back into power after the George Bush era. Instead of keeping the Kuk fringe at bay, as every other Democrat leader had been doing for decades, Obama and Pelosi in that group of lefty leaders in the early two thousands, was worried about continuing to win national elections because they had already driven so much of the working class out of the Democrat Party. And so they invited the biggest kooks, America haters, and grievance mongers to have a seat at the big table. And you can now see the result. This is what I was talking about way back in that day. The Democrat Party is now controlled by what used to be the extremist Kook fringe, and that includes rabbit anti Semites and supporters of Islamist terror groups like Hamas and has Blah. It's incredible, but this is where we are. It includes all sorts of leaders and activists who are rooting for Iran's evil mulas to defeat Donald Trump's effort to finally deal with that evil regime. And it has a man who's been a significant and influential voice in Democrat and American politics over the last forty years, saying that he's leaving the Democrat Party and registering as a Republican. Former Harvard Law professor influential constitutional law expert Alan Dershowitz has written an op ed to The Wall Street Journal saying I'm done with the Democrat Party and I'm becoming a Republican. He makes it clear he's becoming a Republican reluctantly, but his party has abandoned and betrayed him. Among the things Dershowitz right, he says, I first registered as a Democrat in nineteen fifty nine. I'm a lifelong Democrat. I started campaigning for the party's local candidates as a teenager in Brooklyn, New York. Have been a registered Democrat for sixty seven years. But he says the Democrat Party has become the most anti Israel party in US history. There's no denying that the hard left anti Israel wing of the Democratic Party has moved from the fringe to the mainstream. Until recently, there was an age gap, with younger voters more strongly opposing Israel, but recent polls suggests the trend now includes Democrats of all ages. He says Republicans have their own antisemitic fringe, but for now, it remains a fringe. Dershwisz continues, I believe the Democrat Party's hostility to Israel represents a deeper and more dangerous shift away from the center and toward a radical approach that's bad for America and the free world. So, he says, I intend to work hard to prevent the Democrats from gaining control of the House and Senate, and I urge those who share my concerns about the increasing influence of radicalism in the Democrat Party to vote, campaign and contribute for continued republic control of Congress. He says, I will contribute money to Republican candidates, campaign for them, make speeches at Republican events, and urge pro Israel Americans to change party affiliation or at least vote against Democrats until something changes. Dershowitz concludes, I will vote Republican for representative, Senator, and president. This is a diehard Democrat like Alan Dershowitz finally acknowledging that he simply cannot support today's Democrat Party. It's simply not the party that it was in the seventies, eighties, or nineties. It's now clearly being run by elected officials and activists who increasingly and openly hate this country and what it stands for, what our founders and generations of Americans have stood for. It's not hyperbole anymore to say that today's Democrat Party leaders want to destroy this country so that they can turn it into something that they can support and most importantly rule over. Another ominous harbinger of things to come. If having someone like Alan Dershowitz leave the party isn't enough for you, is the outrageous statement we got from James Carville. This is an angry old trump deranged fart who's lost all ability to edit himself. Yes, I've suggested that someone in his family needs to really seriously pull him out of public life because he can no longer do anything without embarrassing himself. But Carvill also conducted a public service the other day when he blurted out what the modern day agenda of the Democrat Party really is. This, too, is something that I've been warning listeners about for quite some time. The true agenda of today's Democrat Party leaders, if they ever have the opening to force it onto the American people, is mortifying, and the opening, of course, would be the next time they get full control back in Washington, d C control of the House, Senate and presidency. This is their agenda and it's just a precursor to them and their party leaders moving to take permanent control of this country and never let it go. This is the plan. Most of the moves Carville was spouting off about have been on the longtime wish lists of Nancy Pelosi, Barack Obama, Eric Holder, etc. Others have been added by today's young, angry se socialists. But if you missed it, Carvill said, if Democrats win the trifecta of control in DC in twenty twenty eight, they should simply impose their dictatorship onto the American people. He said, if the Democrats win the presidency in both houses of Congress, I think on day one they should make Puerto Rico and DC estate, and they should expand the Supreme Court to thirteen effet eat our dust. He also called for reopening the US Mexico border and granting mass amnesty to every single illegal alien currently in the US. His advice to Democrat politicians was don't run on it, don't talk about it, just do it as in surprise everyone, and just ram at home when you have the chance you know, other right wing pundits immediately labeled carvill as unhinged over this. But people, this is the intentional agenda that I've been talking about for some time. Some of these things date back to Teddy Kennedy in his era. They've had plans on how we can take permanent control of Washington, DC and flooding this country with illegal aliens and then turning them into Democrat voters after you've put them on the welfare rolls has been a big part of that plan. Joe Biden did his part in really trying to accomplish that and make it a reality. This is the intentional agenda of the Democrat Party, with the exception of reopening the border. These are the moves that Nancy Pelosi and Barack Obama in this era's top Democrats have been talking about forcing onto the American people for the last twenty years. They just haven't gotten the chance. And you know, if leaders like Chuck Schumer and Dick Durbin only spoke about killing off the Senate filibuster in order to ram this agenda home in whispers over the past decade or so, they're now saying it out loud. Two crowds. They're now promising their voters exactly this when they speak in front of crowds these days. Chuck Schumer now has ending the filibuster in imposing their will onto America as an applause line in his speeches. No one's whispering anymore. They are certain they'll soon have full control of Washington, DC and will finally have their opening, and their excuse will be Trump was so extreme, we got to be extreme. Their convenient excuse is going to be to blame Donald Trump and claim that he did all sorts of extreme things so they can end the filibuster and do these really extreme things to try to get America back on track. And by the way, if you're wondering how outrageous and how dangerous this really is for the health of America, you have longtime Democrat Senator Joe Manchin. So certain the Democrats are going to do this if they get the chance. He said this week he's rooting for Republicans to keep control of the Senate. Manchin is retired now, but he was one of just two Democrats who kept Schumer and Harry Reid from ending the filibuster and forcing the dictatorship onto America in the Biden era. Folks, Joe Manchin was on the inside for years. He sat in all of those Democrat Caucus meetings through the Biden and Trump eras. And if he says the Democrats will destroy the filibuster and impose their twisted will onto the American people the first chance they get, we should believe him. And that's what he's saying. These are highly motivated America haters a top this modern day Democrat Party and what they stand for has every Democrat who has become before them spinning in their graves. The cliche is, well, this isn't Jfka's party anymore. Look, this isn't JFK's Democrat Party. It's not lbj's or Jimmy Carter's Democrat Party. And for those younger listeners who didn't live through it, this isn't even close to Bill Clinton's Democrat Party. Today's Democrat Party is being controlled by America haters, socialists, grievance mongers, extremists. Today's Democrat Party has become its longtime kook fringe. The kooks, the haters, and the extremists are no longer fringe. They're controlling the party. And increasingly from the top down. Yeah, it's a scary inflection point for this country. Okay, next topic, Iran. I assume that if you listen to this podcast, you know the latest when it comes to Iran. People want a very linear, simple end to this conflict, and you're simply not going to get it, and you shouldn't expect it. I'm annoyed by and sort of getting a kick out of it at the same time, how everyone's living and dying by every pronouncement and every change going on related to the Iran War. In the best of situations, war is unpredictable. How both sides are going to react in the moment is unpredictable, always right. But when you've got the duplicitous and evil Iranians on one side and Donald Trump on the other, why would anyone believe that whatever we're being told in the moment is accurate. It was great to hear the Iranian leaders claiming they were reopening the Strait of Hormuz and their waters last week, and it was of course very great and positive to have President Trump announced the initial parameters of a peace deal. But who didn't expect that to change within hours? I know I did, folks. The best thing we can do here is cheer any potential progress toward resolving this thing without getting too caught up in the details, because they're going to change. Some on the left were rolling their eyes and blasting Trump again when the Iranians declared their waters open on Thursday or Friday, only to have their military menacing ships again on Saturday, Well, it was to be expected. The Trump haters wanted to blame this Iranian one eighty on Trump too, obviously, because they just want to blame everything on Trump. But what happened last week is this. The more moderate factions of whatever semblance of leadership is now leading Iran. They cleared those waters open because they do want to move forward and at least retain the little power that they do have in their remaining regime. This had the hardline leaders of the Iranian military saying bull crap, rejecting that and keeping menacing those commercial ships on their waters. The so called Iranian Revolutionary Guard, this is the Mulla's personal army. They fired on two ships on Saturday and escalated things and they made it clear that there will be no reopening of the waters that they control. You have to back up and realize that what really happened here is that the US and Israeli militaries have wiped out several layers of Iranian leadership now, and they've done so so effectively that no one in Iran really knows who's ultimately in charge. The global news media's acting as if there's a clear government that's still in place in Iran, with a set group of men making these calls. Apparently it's not the case. There's far more disagreement over who's in charge, as the military leaders who remain in charge of that Revolutionary Guard flex their muscle and act as if they're running things instead of the Mullas who aren't dead yet. This is what happened late last week. This was an outward display of the sort of chaos and struggle for power that's going on behind the scenes in Iran. There's no clear chain of command anymore, and that's going to complicate things when it comes to any final agreement or wrapping this thing up. It's not going to be wrapped up cleanly. Donald Trump and Ben Netanyahu's attacks have wiped out the first two or three layers of leadership in that regime, and now their diplomats are trying to negotiate with whoever is left over, which is under the heading of the Iranian Foreign Ministry, but the political leaders in that ministry don't agree with and can control what the remaining hardliners and the government and the military are going to do, and they just want revenge on the West for everyone who's been killed over the last few months. Apparently, some longtime pragmatist and veteran Iranian diplomat is the one who pronounced Iran's war reopened on Friday, only to have the head of the Revolutionary Guard order his military to ignore that order and keep patrolling those waters. Meanwhile, President trump ceasefire expires tomorrow. If these Iranian leftovers can't credibly agree to a deal and give their nuclear materials and other concessions, the West needs to see the details changed daily with several people insisting they're in charge on the Iranian side and President Trump in charge on the other side. And he, of course is playing this game of three D chess or whatever you want to term it, where he intentionally keeps people off balance and all of us. Trump often says things that are less than credible or that are only meant to confuse the media or our global enemies even more. And so no, there hasn't been a wealth of reliable information day to day coming out of this conflict or in terms of when it's going to resolve or how. But the important bottom line is the blockade is clearly working. Iran's economy is said to be losing about half a billion dollars each day, of which, by the way, way, half of that is said to go to the Revolutionary Guard, and so Trump's also bleeding Iran's military funding as he's harming its larger economy. This blockade is working, and everyone globally seems to agree. The international observers seem to agree with this. The Iranians are really feeling the pressure. That much is clear. And so in short, the president and his administration have played this brilliantly. And I have no doubt that Trump's willing to order additional bobbing and the resumption of air attacks if he feels necessary, and to what extent he feels necessary. I also have no doubt that he's quite willing to extend the naval blockade to keep harming Iran's economy if these leaders on the other side cannot get their act together and agree to something. Over the weekend, President Trump said that the economic blockade might be working even better than the military campaign did to force these Iranian leaders to capitulate. And he's probably right. We talked about this on a podcast two weeks ago. Now, how if Trump and Bbe play this right, and the Iranian regime simply refuses regime change, then we can cripple their economy for decades as a final step before easing back off of this effort and really put them back in the stone ages, so to speak. But I'm getting a kick out of all the naysayers and all the yipping dogs and the media on both sides of the isle, who have done nothing other than trash the Erronian effort and insist Trump was losing it, etc. Only to do a one point eighty last week. Now, if you notice, most of them are saying Trump can't take his foot off the gas. This blockade is working, he'd be stupid to end it. But these are the very people who are trashing Trump and offering all sorts of terrible advice over the last two months or so. And they just keep offering their unsolicited advice, of course, based on what they think puts them on the right side of this issue or harms Trump the most. It's also annoying Trump and Netanya, who have now so clearly won this though, that the Trump haters and the pundits, both here and in Europe are now pretending as if they have something to offer. In the final days of this campaign, these people went from Trump stupid and never should have gone in there to He's stupid if he lets up on our own. Now it just proves that advice from the cheap seats here hasn't been helpful, and it proves that, as has been the case through two administrations of Trump, now, the other Western leaders and influencers have been completely useless as this president and his administrations have have gone about their business. I'm sure you've seen here's Starmer of Britain and French leaders, et cetera, suddenly all on board now that it's clear Trump and bb have this thing largely won, and now that all the hard hard work has been done. Now these little weenies and turds are stepping up and A they're trying to take some credit for the wins, and b they're talking as if they're boldly participating in this effort and have been all along here. Starmer was simply embarrassing on Friday as he insisted Britain and the other leaders of the European Coalition, we're going to lead the way in securing the Strait of horr Harmus for commerce, etc. I mean, what a clown. This is over and he comes in at the end to try to grab some glory. Columnist David Strom hit on it when he said Iran is still giving mixed signals, but the euar Uropeans are now talking tough and pretending they contributed to a win. So the US must have won this. I think that's a perfect way to put it. When all of Trump's critics on both sides of the political aisle have shifted from what a stupid thing to do? Trump started World War three? God, this is going terribly to he'd better not let up now and pretending that they're now ahead of the strategic game on him. I mean, yeah, it means Trump must have won this. There's all sorts of misinformation over what Iran's remaining mulas might have agreed to and how big a victory this is going to be for Trump. But we've won this, and I'm sure you've seen it all over the media of the last few days, especially on social media, these claims that Trump has agreed to only a twenty year pause in Iran's nuclear ambitions, and there's a claim that Trump has agreed to unfreezing twenty billion dollars in Iranian assets in return for a deal, etc. We have no idea whether any of this is true. It appears that it's not. It's likely the narratives that the lefties invented to try to trash Trump's success as we go along here, but if President Trump can get them to turn over the remaining uranium and agree to not restart any nuclear programs, that's a major win. And as for the money, as for the suggestion that Trump is buying compliance or somehow capitulating if he agrees to unfreeze Iranian assets in return for a deal, that's complete crap. What bullplop. The left trying to make a big deal out of this on social media, even going so far as to say, well, at least Obama only gave iron four hundred million dollars to get the hostages back, Trump's giving them twenty billion. I have two responses to these dimwits. First, Barack Obama literally bought the hostages back, which has been a long time no no when it comes to Americans being extorted by terrorists around the globe. Barack Obama literally flew palate loads of cash in US currency and euros over to Iran to buy our hostages back. Trump isn't giving them additional money. Trump would only be giving the Iranians some of their own money back if this is part of any long term agreement, and by the way, it would be rational and reason if it were. Trump would only be giving the Iranians some of their own money back if he's unfreezing funds that are irons anyway. These are funds they haven't been able to access. Moreover, unfreezing that money in return for the uranium in a more peaceful Middle East is not a stupid or a weak idea. It's actually a pretty good idea. It would be completely reasonable. In return for the yellow cake and you agreeing to never pursue nuclear weapons again, we will unfreeze twenty billion dollars of your own assets that you can then use to help rebuild your country. How is that a bad or a weak deal? Sounds pretty good. Actually, my point is, even if Trump does release some of these funds or unfree some of these funds as a part of a settlement here, it's not something to be criticized. It would actually be a pretty smart and reasonable concession. But if you have Trump arrangement syndrome, you aren't looking for actual reasons to criticize Trump. You're just lashing out any way you can. I believe it was the Wall Street Journal editors who said Trump's naval blockade was a master stroke and a triggered more infighting and divisions within what remains of Iran's regime. It has them unsettled on the Mulla's side of this equation and reopened the Strait to most commerce, including oil tankers from those other Persian countries, and so Iran's really struggling with its own little drama here, as Trump can sit back and manage the larger picture. But if the extremely useless and socialistic European leaders are now puffing up their feathers and insisting that they're going to get involved and secure the Strait after Trump has already done that, well, then this conflict must be close to being over and at least or at least they perceive it that way. And now the Trump and Netanya, who have done all the heavy lifting. Over the last few days, our US military has been using underwater drones to help locate and deal with the mines that the Iranians had placed in those waterways, so we're going to leave them better off. These are being called sea drones. Are pretty cool. Actually, some work above the water as surface vessels. They're just unmanned boats of that sort. And then the others are underwater. They're using sonar to sweep for minds without putting American lives at risk. Pre cool, and this is literally mop up duty on what has been a super successful military campaign thus far. Today's rabid leftists and Trump haters will never admit it, but the historians will probably get it right. This has been a brilliantly managed military and diplomatic campaign by Trump and Beebe against a very difficult and duplicitous enemy. Last segment we were talking about the pile on. Now that the president has clearly won the Iranian conflict, no one should be surprised at this because it's become a long time standard across both Trump administrations. Donald Trump makes a strong move or a strong pronouncement. The Democrats, their accomplice media, the Tucker Carlson, Candice Owen's nutjob wing on the right all freak out about it, only to have Trump's move be successful or his claim turned out to be true a few hours or a few days later, and so everyone just moves on. All the critics just move on. President Trump's never given credit for his outside the box thinking. He's never given credit for being right or for bringing about a win. It's a frustrating standard. Trump does something bold, his critics freak out and predict armageddon. It then works out. Everyone pretends there was no freak out and refuses to admit Trump was right or give him credit, and then they all just go back to their crouch, ready to spring forward with the next freakout attack on Trump. It's just become tiring, and it has me convinced that if we had a more honest media, we'd be seeing this country pulling more fully behind Donald Trump. Yes he's bombastic, Yes he can be annoying and irksome. Yes he has a strong and abrasive personality that turns people off, But in truth, he's been a very good president. Donald Trump has this country passed Joe Biden's runaway inflation, Our economy is stronger since he retook office for the first time in nearly five decades. He's projecting America's global strength again and highlighting America's greatness, and somehow all we get is relentless negativity. Folks. We're living through a very strong and positive era right now, and instead of acknowledging it, the American people in our Western allies only hear doom and negativity. We've been told at least twice a week since January of twenty twenty five that Donald Trump's poll numbers are down. Oh my god, Trump's poll numbers keep dropping. He's lost the support of the American people. Even those who voted for him don't support him or like him anymore, etc. Nothing could be further from the truth, folks. President Trump's poll numbers are actually better than the poll numbers of any of his modern day predecessors in their second term at this time in their presidency. Donald Trump, no one knows us. Donald Trump is still polling higher than Barack Obama or George Bush were in year five, and he's pulling far better than Joe Biden did for three out of the four years of Biden's presidency. This is the truth. Yes, most polls show Trump with only about forty three to forty five percent approval, but that's still marginally better than where Bush and Obama hung out throughout most of their presidencies. And that's using the polls being done by left leaning pollsters for the networks in the university polling firms. Of course, Rasmussen Reports, which is the only outfit that even does a daily rolling average poll on the presidential approval anymore, they have consistently had Trump around forty five to forty six percent approval for a second term. It might not sound like it to the average person, but that's actually a very positive figure for any president since Ronald Reagan. We're a very divided country. This is a very divided country, and Trump's approval ratings are actually higher than any of the last three or four presidents going back decades. But none of the liberal pundits are going to put it in those terms, are they? Twice a week, Trump's poll numbers are falling. Trump's poll numbers are falling. No one likes this man anymore. Actually they're not. They've actually stayed roughly where they have been forever on this guy. If they'd fallen nearly as much as the pundits and the pollster's claim, Donald Trump would have a fifteen percent approval rating. Instead, he's running ahead of where his numbers were in term one, and he's outclassing the last three presidents at least, But no one wants to tell you that. It's one reason that I'm not convinced Republicans are in for a wipeout and fall. And it's also evidence that if Trump wasn't such an abrasive person by the way, he'd be lauded as bringing up and a new patriotism back to this country. I'm also certain it's evidence of that, and I think he is just not nearly as much as he could be, especially with the two hundred and fiftieth anniversary of the country falling on his watch. If Donald Trump was simply more reaganesque and positive in his outlook and his messaging, I really think we'd be seeing a more obvious nationwide renaissance. In fact, I'm sure of it. I am, because sixty five to seventy percent of the American people are with Trump and the Republicans on nearly every important issue and challenge facing this country. I don't think it's a mistake that Marco Rubio is suddenly so popular again. It's not just that he's been doing a great job as our Secretary of State. It's that he's been incredibly good at presenting a clear and forceful and optimistic message whenever he speaks. Marco Rubio has elevated himself to being Reaganesque in this position, being clear and forceful and optimistic. Trump's forceful, yeah, but he's not all that clear or optimistic on most things. It isn't a mistake that all sorts of people in the Republican Party in across the country are talking about Marco Rubio being our twenty twenty eight standard bearer and the real heir to the Trump legacy rather than JD. Vance. And I have nothing against JD. Vance. I just like Rubio's more consistent conservatism and overall demeanor better. But it's his clarity, his optimism, and his rhetoric related to the greatness of America that makes Marco Rubio appealing to so many Americans. That's why his twenty twenty eight stock is skyrocketing. As Clinton Polster Mark Penn put it recently, You've got a whole generation that came of age in an era of doom and gloom, and they aren't seeing the reasons for optimism right now. This is Bill Clinton's polster saying, quote, there's ample cause for optimism about America. Last week, the Wall Street Journal reported that more middle class Americans are moving toward upper middle class. We've sent astronauts to the Moon for the first time in more than half a century, and a daring expoint. We recovered a lost pilot behind enemy lines, where the global leader in artificial intelligence. The economy is growing, We're approaching our two hundred and fiftieth anniversary, and we are still the envy of the world. Everyone wants to live in America, except it seems the people who are already here. Penn says this is an opportunity for President Trump. He can lead America out of the cycle of pessimism if he can focus on what makes America great and how we can become even greater. He says, the biggest challenge for Trump would be to set aside his political grievances and the most divisive parts of his message. If he can do that, the greatest legacy he can leave on America's anniversary is restoring America's optimism about its future and the next generation. I agree with that completely, and a positive and optimistic message is going to be more important than anything comes summer in fall. The prevailing left wing narrative is that Republicans are going to get crushed in fall and will lose control of the House and maybe even the Senate. That is the outcome that would follow a historical pattern, But I'm not convinced of this yet. This isn't a normal political climate, and today's young voters in particular aren't following the normal historical patterns. And as for the post Trump GOP, there's something pretty interesting happening. We've been talking a lot about this here in Wisconsin, obviously since the terrible result in the spring Supreme Court race. But as for the post Trump GOP, we need today's young people to step up and help guide the party forward. And even that is not as straightforward or as easy as it has been in the past. As one recent analysis put it, the post boomer GOP is coming in twenty twenty eight is probably the election that will define it. This party is clearly in the midst of a transitional period from the so called boomer and gen X era to the younger era. It's been particularly visible here in Wisconsin as every major player from the Thompson and Walker era seems to have aged out and or is losing interest at the same time, and it's time for the other younger people to step up. Tommy's group gave us a good fifteen year run of Republicanism in Wisconsin, Scott Walker's group has given us a good twelve year run, etc. But we're aging out. So who's next and what will the Wisconsin and National Republican Party look like after this period of transition. Well, one statement I made early on and in the first Trump term is this party is not going to be simply returning to the past. The twenty thirty Republican Party is not going to look anything like the Party of George W. Bush because Trump's gone now. No, we're not going back to that. And the fact that Donald Trump got a second act after four years of Joe Biden ensures that the Republican Party is never going back to that era of Bush style conservatism. You can bemoan that fact or you can cheer that fact, but it's the truth. Tomorrow's Republican Party isn't going to be driven by that brand of conservatism, and it probably won't be driven by Trump's brand of undisciplined populism either. It'll probably be some blend of the two. And what makes this even more interesting is that today's young people are not sticking to the historical norm. You can't just assume that they're all liberals now. For many years, the Democrats and the so called political experts were certain that the millennials were going to be a permanently leftist block of voters. It hasn't turned out that way. Instead, the millennials seem to be more disillusioned than any other group of young voters. They seem to have split into two factions. Those on the left are more socialist progressive than ever. Yes, but there are far more millennials than there were expected to be on the right and getting into more traditional values, getting back to religion, intact families. They want lower taxes, less government, etc. Then there's a huge pool, a huge pool of millennials that don't really like either party and reject any attempt to recruit them at all. So I think you can see how twenty twenty eight is going to look far different than expected when it comes to a presidential race, and then what these parties look like moving forward. And then you've got the twenty thirty census, which is expected to have Democrats losing somewhere between nine and thirteen congressional seats due to the shift in population that we've seen to the Red States. As a recent analysis piece puts at gen Z voters, particularly young men, but increasing the young women. Are not drifting toward Conservatism by accident. They came of age during pandemic lockdowns, historic inflation, and record housing costs. Their political consciousness formed amid debates over free speech, meritocracy, and the proper role of government in everyday life. For many, the Republican message of economic growth, secure borders, and national confidence resonates less ideology and more as practicality. The coalition that carried President Trump is not simply a replay of Republican victories of the past. It's a once in a generation alignment of working class voters across racial lines, small business owners squeezed by inflation, parents alarmed by the direction of the education policy, and younger Americans disillusion with elite institutions. This author says, with millennials, the underlying drivers were economic anxiety, border security concerns, energy independence, and a broader frustration with bureaucratic and cultural overreach. And so the next presidential election will not simply be a routine succession. It'll be a moment when the Republican Party either cements the coalition that returned Trump to the White House or proves it was a singular political event. Who will determine whether the GOP can convert populist momentum into a durable generational governing majority or not. Yep, this author concludes, right leaning young voters are not asking for a diluted platform. They're asking for clarity and competence. For millennials and gen z alike, stability is not abstract its own, economic, social, and national I agree with that. With the boomers and the gen xers aging out, a new political era is on the horizon and it's going to determine what the next twenty to fifty years will look like, just like the Reagan generation did. And it's going to be very interesting to watch. My friend's President Trump's second term is reminding me of his first term. In one particular way. Yet again, so much is going on behind the scenes and or not being reported by the leftist media that we've got the Trump team racking up wins that will never be fully known or appreciated by most Americans. I understand why Donald Trump is perpetually frustrated that he's not getting the credit that he deserves. At an event last week, the President highlighted some of the wins in just year one of his second term, and it was an impressive list. He said that he's ended eight wars, said we had zero illegal immigrants crossing our southern border for eleven straight months now. He claimed the murder rate is at its lowest level in more than one hundred and twenty five years, and it might be I haven't run across that stat The president said drug trafficking by sea is down ninety seven percent and the flow of fentanyl into the country is down by sixty percent. Trump said he's banned child mutilation and reconfirmed that there are only two genders. He's gotten men out of women's sports, and he said DEI and critical race theory are gone, and our merit based systems have been restored. Folks, that's a great list. It's also an accurate list. Even if you think Trump exaggerated on some of the items, and he did, the left will try to pick apart each of these wins with nuance. Of course, well, DEI isn't completely did that sort of thing. But even if you think Trump is exaggerating on some of these, that's a hell of a list. And it's unlike any list I've seen out of a president in my lifetime. Over the past six presidencies, at least if a president and his team managed to get one big thing accomplished or keep one big campaign promise, that was a successful president. Sincerely, the political classes and voters were subject to the standard that if a president got one or two big wins over the course of his entire presidency, my god put them on Rounte Rushmore. Trump, especially in his second term, has been stellar, just super effective by any honest standard and by the standards of a normal presidency. I think you've got to rank Donald Trump as the most successful president ever in actually getting his agenda accomplished. Whether or not you like that agenda, he has gotten a lot of it accomplished. Looking at that list again, I can only see one or two items that I'd quibble with really the generic claim that he's ended eight wars. We never get a list on them. I don't know what he's actually counting in that. Another he ended DEI in critical race theory. Trump hasn't ended those and they're two ingrained in different levels of society that one man, even a president, can't declare that he has ended them and just end them. Our presidents and our government can't by decree force their will onto private organizations and universities. That's the problem with DEI and CRT. But Trump and his fans can honestly say that Trump and his team have crippled DEI and CRT and have them on the run. Something significant happened at the end of last week. The Trump's team got no attention and credit for. As last week, the Trump administration has officially killed off all efforts by our federal agencies to bully school districts on the questions of gender identity. If you remember, both Obama and Biden used and abused Title nine laws in particular to try to force the country school districts into accepting boys in girls sports, in into girls locker rooms. Biden's regime went so far as to launch numerous lawsuits against school districts whose leaders refused to comply with them. Well, Title nine laws never included or never covered, never intended to cover gender identity, and so this was an illegitimate abuse of Title nine powers. But hey, the Biden team and the leftist didn't care, you know, anything to force their extreme and kooky agenda onto the rest of US. Right, Trump's team has killed off all of those lawsuits and legal actions over the last year or so. Hazza hazza. Moreover, in doing so, Lynda McMahon, Trump's Education secretary, made it clear that the federal government has no authority to force gender ideology onto schools across the country, and the average American doesn't realize it. But amongst the bureaucratic crowd, this move is getting some buzz. Apparently, no one can remember any other instance in which a top down mandate that was forced onto the American people by the Education Department has ever been rescinded. Isn't that something These bureaucrat drones in DC believe that once the Education Department speaks, it has been decided. Once the Education Department speaks, this is how it's going to be and they're shocked that Trump and McMahon went so far as to revoke so called resolution agreements forced onto these school districts. By the way, these bullying mandates on gender by the Biden administration were the classic sort of top down bullying that is the hallmark of all socialist and communist regimes. It's where today's leftists really want to take the country. It signifies a scary future for a country if they ever get their way, and so it's great to see sanity and freedoms restored, even if it's in a smaller way here. This is an important win for President Trump and the American people. On its face, it's an important win historically. If Trump's move manages to end this government imposed gender bullying long term, it could end up being a historically significant win. I wish we could say the same for the Trump administration's efforts to kill off DEI. We already know generically that all sorts of universities and government agencies that were ordered to end their DEI programs haven't. They've simply renamed them, shuffled around, some staffers, changed a few nameplates on doors, and many of us on the right expected that to happen. We knew the rabid left wingers who are ingrained at the top positions at these universities and government agencies were not going to give it up easily. After Trump's presidential order, I told my audience, now, the enforcement is up to the smaller government groups and the people affected by DEI suing. In order to force the actual death of DEI, there was going to have to be an enforcement mechanism here that came from outside of government and came into play. And in many instances we've seen that happen. But I said, it's going to be word of mouth and lawsuits that are going to be needed in order to really force most of these universities and government agencies to give up their DEI offices and programs, which means it's going to take time to id the cheaters, force them into compliance, and really kill off DEI and CRT. It's why I hope this story sparks some action. National Review is reporting that diversity, equity and inclusion is still alive and well at the University of Michigan. In particular, that school, more than any other, had leaders who just changed the names of their DEI programs and just kept discriminating. They aren't the only university that's done it, obviously, but they're among the most blatant, apparently. National review says the University of Michigan announced in twenty twenty five that it would shut down various offices and programs in response to the Trump administration's crusade against DEI, but new research shows that a majority of its de staff remain employed while the school's DEI initiatives have simply been rebranded. They say, of the two hundred and forty eight paid DEI staff at the University of Michigan for the twenty four to twenty five academic year, one hundred and eight of those employees, eighty four percent are still working full time at the university, and only forty DEI employees have left that university or retired. They say that represents a staff turnover rate of sixteen percent, which is consistent with their normal turnover rate at that university. That means this is likely more a result of natural staff turnover and not the result of any intentional downsizing that the University of Michigan did to its program. In March of twenty five, they say, the u of M announced that two offices focused on DEI would close with the university wide DEI strategic Plan discontinued. Well, they haven't changed a thing. Instead, this report says, it appears the university has actually expanded its commitment to DEI and increased the amount that they're spending on salaries for employees in DEI related roles and offices. They say one hundred and fifty eight employees in the twenty four to twenty five academic year was the level of employment. Now they have one hundred and sixty two employees. There have been no staff layoffs and actually a few additions related to DEI at the University of Michigan. The way this looks moreover, the University of Michigan appears to have simply renamed its DEI initiatives and kept moving. For example, the Ross School Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is now the Ross School Office of Community Culture and Belonging. It has also retained five of the six employees from last year. According to this report, the staff was simply given different job titles. The university administration across different schools apparently just took the words diversity, equity and inclusion out of any work titles and then just kept going. They didn't fire any staffers, that didn't change any job descriptions. It's literally DEI under different labeling at the University of Michigan. And so now the big question is who's going to sue over it, because that's the only way that we're going to force the change at that school and at others. And it's not only DEI. Ever since Trump got back into office and started demanding accountability and exposing fraud and extremism at both the federal instate than the state levels of government, I've noticed America's Democrats and leftists have been scrambling to hide what they've been doing and have been doing for decades in terms of abusing these programs. One example is how Governor Ebers, our own governor here in Wisconsin, and the blue state governors are refusing to turn over any data related to their food stamp or welfare programs. These Democrats who have been running the Blue states know that they have been cheating and gaming federal taxpayers for decades with these programs. Minnesota's leaders famously knew how and how much the members of the Somali community up there were defrauding the federal programs, and they even help them do it. And now Trump is demanding accountability, and these Democrats are panicking right now. In California, state lawmakers are passing a bill that punishes any medical provider who dares to comply with a federal request for their data. This is a blatantly naked move by Gavin Newsom in California officials to hide all of the abuse and fraud that they've allowed and even engineered in their health care and their welfare. Price if you can rip off the federal taxpayers, rip them off. The Trump administration has been issuing subpoenas to medical providers in California, looking for information on gender affirming care and abortions, and looking for fraud. So the Democrats in California introduced a bill that would require the recipient of the federal subpoena to notify the state attorney general within seven days of getting the request for the data. The attorney general then has thirty days to review that subpoena before the hospital or business can even comply with it. They say providers must also notify the involved patients and doctors that their records have been requested. Failure to do so may result in a fifteen thousand dollars fine. This is the Trump administration finally moving to crackdown on rampant health care fraud in California, and California's lawmakers moving to stop the crackdown and preserve the fraud. Isn't that scummy, But that's today's Democrats. They're genuine extremists, liars, and grifters. This is today's Democrat Party. They're moving to stop the enforcement of all sorts of our nation's laws because they've been knowingly and intentionally breaking those laws for decades now, and that lawbreaking has just become part of their routine over these decades. I mean, somewhere along the line with the NGOs, the non government agencies, and with the bureaucratic takeover a virtually all levels of government, these democrats in the American Left, they simply started to tip the system heavily in their favor. And part of that included the routine the frauding of all sorts of government programs to their benefit and redirect the money into their efforts and into their campaigns.
Speaker 1: The Jweber podcast is a production of iHeartRadio podcasts produced and engineered by Gregory John. The Jayweber Podcast is presented by Creative Planning, helping clients simplify their journey to financial wellness, one personalized plan at a time. Listen to all of Jayweber's podcasts, available on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite podcasts.