Speaker 1: Super duper. That's nice.
Speaker 2: Might a goo nito gay? Yes? Boy, that is good news.
Speaker 3: It is the fourth day of June twenty twenty six. Good Thursday morning, everybody, best day of the week. Here comes Tommy Olsen. We'll also talk to dot com Tom pelisera a little bit about the new general manager. You're in Minnesota, vikingson so much more. No Bend today, no Qurey today, but a cast of thousands. Let's get her started with one of our comedians for our twenty fifth anniversary blowout November fifth at Treasure Island. Here's cy Onminson, our good friend. It's the Battery Morning Show, Thursday morning.
Speaker 2: Come on in.
Speaker 3: I am glad you are here.
Speaker 1: Here's a Here's a fun fact about marathon runners.
Speaker 4: If you don't know this, it is not uncommon for a marathon runner to poop themselves well running a race. Really, I can't understand if a marathon was like two days, like after forty eight hours you have an accident, okay, like for like three and a half hours. It just seems like poor planning. You know, I had all those tacos for breakfast. I should probably you know what, I'll step it out on the course, I'm gonna step it out. I'll step it out when that freak you out. If somebody poop themselves or they're running next to you, you.
Speaker 1: Bet people freak out.
Speaker 4: You think somebody freaks out after twenty six point two miles somebody pooping by them, imagine what they did when I did it after my first half mile. I'm going home, guys, I'm not running anymore.
Speaker 2: I don't care about diabetes.
Speaker 1: See out the tent.
Speaker 3: There shives operate the pump lives. I'm hey, here we are.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, Corey's gone and you're you're so right Back in the day, in the good old days, back when the world made sense, we'd be starting off with nickelback right now or something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just whalers, and then we'll be wrong.
Speaker 3: I'm glad to be starting off with my new song get to download anywhere now. Let's see, we used to get to play music from the people who rocked me.
Speaker 2: Not anymore.
Speaker 3: Say I don't have to come get you. Cory's in Vegas right now. He's already lost, already, he's pantiless and pennyless. Wow, already, I'm gonna write that that's a good name for a song you yeah, we know what the stuff we pantsless and pennyless. Speaking of that, Tommy should be here the moment.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, no leaves today. Uh don't condonnuts.
Speaker 3: I think he said, yeah, something like that. That matters more than the power trip. Obviously nice him to carex and but but dot com Tom will Law joined us today.
Speaker 2: We'll get it'll be great.
Speaker 3: A breakdown of the new general manager you're Minnesota Watkins.
Speaker 6: Which I thought was a very interesting press conference. I listened to it twice.
Speaker 3: Did you lose a bet?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 6: But I just thought, you know, I should be prepares and ready if anyone asked me any questions about it, right, And there's only one thing that out of it that I thought was interesting, and it was that he has final say on the roster.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how about that.
Speaker 2: That's the most interesting part of the whole thing.
Speaker 3: And he didn't say that, mister mister Wills.
Speaker 6: Said that that is like, uh yeah, that's yeah.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so, uh, I thought that was interesting.
Speaker 6: I think it's interesting that he and Koc report to ownership and uh, our guy Rob reports to them.
Speaker 2: But uh yeah, I thought it was fine.
Speaker 6: I don't know anything about him, that's the first I've ever heard of the guy.
Speaker 2: But it should be fun.
Speaker 6: Now, let's see what his first move is to make his Marcus the GM and I think I know what it is.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't want to tell you now.
Speaker 3: Oh, come on, he can't tell us that.
Speaker 2: You'll tell us after he makes the move.
Speaker 6: I'll tell you, Yes, I'll tell you tomorrow who the Bikings are going to take on Thursday.
Speaker 2: No, i'll tell you during the break. I have an idea. I have a and clean of an idea. Yeah, yes, sir, Yes, sir, they're going to be I don't know what to do. You know that?
Speaker 3: Give me guesses?
Speaker 7: Well, I wonder if it's Seattle related because he came from Seattle.
Speaker 2: You moving the team's sleepless and Seattle great film, right, hawk?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean unbeaten.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's very good.
Speaker 3: I bet tom Less loves it. You think Thomas will be here in a minute.
Speaker 2: I bet he's a you got male fan?
Speaker 3: Well, he likes males.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's no dat he he Oh. Oh, it's about an email. Okay, wasn't that basically Sleepless in Seattle two?
Speaker 1: It's the same two people.
Speaker 2: Mhm. You obviously saw it, right, yeah, yeah, so I don't know.
Speaker 3: We'll find out. You know, I was gonna call him and see if Fargo Flesh when to join us the day too. Do you know why? Because those Golden Gophers keep signing big time players. Many have You've been paying.
Speaker 2: At take he's a great recruiter. Yes he is?
Speaker 3: Oh was it? Oh?
Speaker 2: He very much is. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Is that where it ends?
Speaker 2: Is he attacked third downs like he attacked recruits? I think would be uh because the Knicks, it gets that chair run and.
Speaker 3: You just love the the you love the san Antonio is in.
Speaker 7: Your you're upset about I just it's more about my hatred for Nicks, just Nicks, the team, Nix and real life.
Speaker 2: I don't like Nick Madden at all.
Speaker 3: We hate him. I think it's the word you use normally.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's sad. He was in my dream last night. That's weird.
Speaker 7: It was a dumb dream because it was a dream, my dream, like I can control it, sure, And I'm traveling.
Speaker 2: We were traveling with.
Speaker 7: The Wild, all of us, actually yeah, And we had a road game the Wild did and they had a bunch of like injuries and sickness, and Nick Madden was second line defenceman for the Minnesota Wild and I'm in the stance watching Nick Madden and I'm like, this is my wake up, Like that was my dream.
Speaker 2: I could have been out there.
Speaker 7: And you had even in my wildest dreams. Nick Madden gets picked before me to go play for the Wild.
Speaker 3: Dreams are interesting. They're interesting.
Speaker 2: They Yeah, they're extremely interesting.
Speaker 3: Like I wish I understood the nature of dreams. Yeah, same, I think humanity does as well.
Speaker 7: It used to be a radio show called The dream Doctor that I listened to all the time, and there was a guy who went to Harvard and basically said that he could there was meanings to dreams and like you know if you abel book. Yeah, he brought a book about it. But yeah, people would call in and share their dreams and he'd interpret them and say just that and the other thing. Corey would have hated it. But I had fun.
Speaker 3: That's because Corey doesn't dream.
Speaker 6: Yeah that's a dream point dreams about poker.
Speaker 3: He didn't even dream about that. He tells dreams they're stupid. He tells dreams they don't exist.
Speaker 6: Yeah he does. He's he questions him every second of every day.
Speaker 2: He does.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Carrie Russell walks in and his dream is like, all right, this isn't real.
Speaker 2: Get out of here, turn around. Yeah alone, Yeah, leave me alone.
Speaker 3: So honestly, you I thought the Knicks were dead in the water, and that's what everybody told me. The bill of goods was that the Spurs had already won the championship.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: They closed on an eleven zero run to win Game one. Jalen Brunson, who was banged around all and at one point when.
Speaker 2: He uh, I forgot who I think it was, Uh.
Speaker 6: Kaepernick, Yeah, Cal Kaepernick collided with him and his knee. It looked like oh boy, because he was like limping off. But he came back in and then he got his ankle. The Cornett guy that gave the Wolves sects Dodge Cornett, he stepped on his ankle and he laid there for a bet.
Speaker 2: He got back up.
Speaker 6: And I'm like, man, he is a he's a he's a gamer man. And then he scored thirty and they won the game. Karl Anthony Towns at eighteen points and I'm pretty sure sixteen or twelve rebounds.
Speaker 2: See, they played well. Man.
Speaker 6: They erased a fourteen point second half deficit because when I was watching it and texting you, and you said, don't text me.
Speaker 2: I'm tuned to this game.
Speaker 3: I couldn't stop.
Speaker 2: You couldn't stop. You love it, so yeah, you loved it.
Speaker 6: You didn't want any spoilers, even though I'm watching the same thing you are.
Speaker 3: I like to watch it on two different TVs.
Speaker 2: They were up.
Speaker 3: One of them is live and the other one was five minutes behind it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, just Stephen ketch the details and I'm like, they're down twelve.
Speaker 2: I'm like that.
Speaker 6: Being New York, I'm like, yeah, that'll do it. So I turned it off. Then I woke up at like one am, and I'm like, they won, so good for New York. Corey and his dad are probably not hyped about that because they have the Spurs. Pop No, that's no, no, No, Corey's Dad's not Papa, that's Peter.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so the Knicks have a one to zero series lead in Game two.
Speaker 6: Is tomorrow, and talk about it at seven point thirty.
Speaker 3: Talk about it, big stuff.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean you hope that you wish the series win fourteen games.
Speaker 3: I wish it was one and done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, same.
Speaker 3: I wish they beat him so bad that they had to call off the season.
Speaker 2: I just want to move to the I just want to move to the off season.
Speaker 6: I think it's going to be After that great interview with Pa and Chris Finch yesterday, I think we learned a lot about their what they're going to do next season.
Speaker 3: Oh can you elucidate?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 6: He basically fell on the sword for Julius Randall no surprise, which is brilliant call. I was listening to were you listening last night? When Kessler was one.
Speaker 2: Oh my god?
Speaker 6: At one point guards he just goes, are you trying to get on the button bar?
Speaker 2: Because he was just.
Speaker 6: He was just firing off all these one liners. It was funny. Pat Kesler is an a mayor.
Speaker 2: I love Pat.
Speaker 3: He doesn't like us, but I love him.
Speaker 2: He doesn't like us.
Speaker 3: I don't know. He doesn't come on our show, asked him twice. Yeah, I know, that's what I'm saying. He didn't like.
Speaker 2: Us, asked him everybody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he doesn't. I don't know.
Speaker 7: I mean, I think it's me. Hawks sent to Elvis Graham to his door.
Speaker 2: What did Elvis say? He said, good old William, get on my wiener.
Speaker 3: He wasn't a good one.
Speaker 2: Oh he couldn't Minnesota. I get GM up here.
Speaker 3: I told him to just just go with whatever he felt, and that's what he did. I thought it'd be like, hey, come on the initials game, you know, But that's get on, I hired the wrong guy. I don't have to tell you.
Speaker 6: Have you guys seen that bit on the internet where people hire like, you know, like a sub zero impersonator or like a spider man, or like a clown for a one man party. Like this clown will show up and it'll be like, hey, I heard there's a birthday party and.
Speaker 2: It's just that guy.
Speaker 6: So in the clown and that guy like sit there together for like an hour and a half.
Speaker 2: It's like a whole bit. It's kind of funny.
Speaker 6: This guy just hires impersonators and then when they show up it's just him.
Speaker 7: Is that the same guy that does has the Jesse from Breaking Bad in person?
Speaker 2: Have you seen that? And I think, so, yeah, Yeah, there's a guy who just sounds.
Speaker 7: Exactly like I mean, I guess you could hire him and he'll come over to your house and.
Speaker 2: Then it's just him. It's just brilliant. But yeah, it's funny.
Speaker 3: What if I do that? But if I dress up as Elvis and I go around as a and I say, hey, Elvis Graham and people may buy me and Elvis Gram Can they open the door and I just say the worst things?
Speaker 2: Can I use your bathroom? Yeah? Well good? Here? What if that's the Charts Challenge punishment that I have to be Know.
Speaker 6: That whoever loses, we get to pick impersonators to.
Speaker 2: Cover to their house.
Speaker 3: Corey finding out about this, I'm not doing that. Yeah, I'm not doing that. I'm not doing that. I'm not doing that. I'm not doing that. I'm not doing that. I'm not doing that. I'm not doing that. Did you get my impression was like, yeah, yeah, you don't want to do that. I'm not doing that. Any guys can do it. I'm not done. Is Cory here, I'm fooling myself.
Speaker 6: Sounds like the Watowski Lady and Monsters inc.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's not labo zacho what hawk? Oh yeah? Oh yeah, she's mean.
Speaker 3: She's a snail.
Speaker 6: She's mean, she wears glasses. Yeah, she's mean, she wears glasses. Yeah, she's a rasp Tom Bernards like voice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's with.
Speaker 3: All the trails in my house. It looks like I already have.
Speaker 2: Snail trails getting Oh yeah, oh yeah, I bet she smelled. You're not wrong.
Speaker 1: I'm not doing well.
Speaker 6: I mean last year though. I mean, here's the other thing. Is it's uh June fourth right now?
Speaker 1: Hell yeah it is.
Speaker 3: It's one hundred and seventy.
Speaker 2: Did you see all how it's going to be next week here? Like the mid nineties?
Speaker 1: Why doesn't happen?
Speaker 3: Why can't we have a good thing?
Speaker 2: Just have it be seventy or thirty two?
Speaker 3: Yep, here's what I said. I said, can we have spring and spring say I'm not doing that?
Speaker 6: Yeah, brilliant, But but I think we do the survivor bit again.
Speaker 2: I think that was fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I liked it. I don't know if I was the only one you liked it.
Speaker 2: I loved it. Yeah, I thought it was great.
Speaker 3: You have the listeners like it or not?
Speaker 1: Do we bring back the chart challenge?
Speaker 3: I would like to charge? He wants to. Yeah, we have to do a challenge that Butthole will do. Yeah, yeah, let's just tell the truth. Butthole is the one to put the kibosh on it. I'm not doing that. Well, come on, but hoole, don't you want to do something. I'm not MoMA the one you have.
Speaker 2: It's like you have to take a class that.
Speaker 3: I still think that was a good idea say it. But you know what, here's the thing, Zach, you you're betrayed us. Because as soon as Cory said, you're like, you.
Speaker 1: Know what that was?
Speaker 7: No, I was, yeah, you're not wrong. I mentioned school, and I was already that was an immediate.
Speaker 3: I just thought to be a brilliant think if we had to pay for a class and take one class one night a week for an entire semester, and you had to pass through, you had to do it again.
Speaker 2: I mean, a brilliant punishment. It's a brilliant punishment.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 2: It is a brutal punishment, it is.
Speaker 3: But that's what it should be.
Speaker 2: That I wrote a great sound from Vegas. You've been paid hundreds of thousands of times of thousands of dollars close.
Speaker 3: But you know what, you think I won't get an endorsement from Concordia.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's where win. No, that would that's that's maybe.
Speaker 3: I think it's the greatest punishment ever.
Speaker 2: I think it is.
Speaker 3: And you know what, if you like that punishment as a charge challenge. But please let let me know that I'm not alone in this. I think it's a brilliant punishment.
Speaker 6: Why something brutal and it can be any class it can you do it online?
Speaker 1: No, buttole I'm not.
Speaker 3: No, you got to go to the class. That's the reason. It's a punishment. It's not a gift.
Speaker 1: I lost.
Speaker 2: I love the sweat of the charge challenge you do.
Speaker 3: I love everything about it.
Speaker 6: And we could do that this year because technically Corey would be the ghost.
Speaker 2: He can't.
Speaker 3: He looks like a ghost.
Speaker 1: Wasn't it that he's he can't?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I think you're right. I think he is.
Speaker 6: So we could do that. There we go, so that we can do it. I mean, I bet Perish would say no.
Speaker 3: Are gonna say?
Speaker 2: But we could do it?
Speaker 3: That's another Just you and I do it because everybody else their buttholes. Yeah, and then uh then you won't do it.
Speaker 2: No, I do it. Sure. I love the sweat of the church channel. I love the chart Town good.
Speaker 3: First to do one class a week, learn something for once a mon day, and then.
Speaker 2: The loser or the winners get to pick what class it is. I don't.
Speaker 3: I think that's the other I think the the when the losers should get to choose their own class game. But it has to be a real class.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it can be.
Speaker 3: It doesn't matter. It could be you know, ping pung thing. I don't care. But you have to take the whole class and you have to pass it. You don't pass it, you have to do it again.
Speaker 2: Man, that's writing a turn paper. Oh that's terrible.
Speaker 6: Can you imagine every like Wednesday night when you're like, sorry, buddy, I gotta go to school to my cat. Yeah no, I'm talking about me, okay.
Speaker 2: Or my dad?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well yeah, sorry sorry Jeff, Yeah sorry, Jeff. I gotta wear pasts for a while.
Speaker 2: You gotta stay in that that outfit for a bunch of long Yeah.
Speaker 3: You just stad there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, thanks to my friends at gutter Helmet, gutter Helmet mn dot com. Hawk's daddy never has to worry about leaves because lawyer Lambert has gut her helmet on his home. Nope, that's no, Beetz sauce. I don't think has a home. Uh so, yeah, gut her helmet mn dot com. Okay, Tommy out of know where. If Tommy doesn't come, I quit.
Speaker 2: No, he'll be here. He said it was all right, you said no buttthole and he turned around. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it's a good point. You stopped to get some on his way here.
Speaker 2: All right, Tommy said, I'm not doing that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, all right. Here's the thing. There's plenty to talk about. We'll actually talk about real things when we come back.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: I had something. I had a procedure yesterday. Oh yeah, and it still hurts as I sit here your throat. Yeah, I'll tell you how would come back about? Get ready for the ultimate summer escape at Treasure of Island see Theory of a Dead Man Stone Hipple Pilots. Fuck all right, ladies and gentlemen. He had us all worried.
Speaker 4: Oh we're fine, but he's here Thursday, he's here.
Speaker 5: And he is Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I sure did you did?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, it's a lot, it's early.
Speaker 3: It's good though.
Speaker 1: We're here.
Speaker 2: We're ready to roll.
Speaker 3: You got you got that right, brother?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Is that lifetime twenty four to seven?
Speaker 1: Obviously four am?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you get the right? At four? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Did they look at you like, what the hell are you doing here? Is there a long line of cars that side? Because sometimes there are this one over here? Man, When I roll through there's people out there waiting to get in.
Speaker 1: There is yeah, like literally waiting right at the front door.
Speaker 3: I guess this is an orange theory, right, very.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right and even twenty four that orange theory.
Speaker 6: If you drive by it, Like when I used to go the other way, when I would come from the other way, they that place was packed with people, right five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good for them.
Speaker 1: They're grinding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, orange theory. Grind.
Speaker 3: My friend Stephanie does it ever, like three times a week. She it kills man. She loves you, Discover strang. I love that place too. I don't know, man, I like having a trainer, don't matter.
Speaker 2: Couch sitting.
Speaker 3: What's that again?
Speaker 2: Couch sitting? You look good?
Speaker 1: Thanks, man, you'ren't healthy, you look good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I appreciate it. Ten pounds are you actually yes?
Speaker 3: Growing yet?
Speaker 2: No? It's still ten ten smacks. I'm still in the thumb club.
Speaker 3: We're still there.
Speaker 2: We're still lating Tommy man. Oh god, ma'am man, it's almost football season.
Speaker 1: To its close.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: How about the Miles garretting. That was the coolest dude, unbelievable.
Speaker 2: That guy.
Speaker 6: I mean, that's it is. It's like trading Reggie White in his prime.
Speaker 8: There's some saucy Madden training.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable.
Speaker 9: Yes, he's the best player in the league, like best defender probably, Yes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Hey Thomas, Yeah, how about this recruiting class that you're going.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you. I'm not kidding. I'm not kidding. I was going to force bringing up today now coming Fargo.
Speaker 3: If you're listening, get your ace in your toss about it.
Speaker 1: I'm not kidding. Yeah, it's never been like this, unbelievable. You guys were like in the top ten all the time. Now the recruiting and that's.
Speaker 8: You guys talk about how far we've come, right twenty yeah, fifteen years ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a local Minnesota.
Speaker 8: Kid signs and now is a massive deal. Now we're getting them from everywhere. Yeah, all the time, top ten every year.
Speaker 1: I mean that's how you get good though, if you get you get some good recruits.
Speaker 3: So you know what, though, it's actually the old way of getting good. He's a slow build. Yeah, that didn't happen anymore. Now you're a one and done, like Indiana's going to go oh and ten this year.
Speaker 1: Well, ok, Dady.
Speaker 8: The craziest part it's not like we're in the top twenty nil.
Speaker 1: I know, so.
Speaker 2: Which is weird, That's what I mean.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's so many big businesses and I don't under stand n I L I don't understand all of that. But like if three M was like, yeah, all right, we're in or Target or best Buy or I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you know what the hard part is though to go? Like if you're.
Speaker 8: Trying to sell like let's say, let's say you're in charge of nil for the Ghosts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you was Paulie, you know, PAULI get hired.
Speaker 8: We need you to go out to the top ten biggest companies in Minnesota and.
Speaker 1: Go sell their NIL for the ghosts. What what?
Speaker 8: What are you selling an eighteen year old to just go pay him? There's there's there's no return on it. Like, well, listen, there's no there's nothing there.
Speaker 6: I think the thing you can sell now, sorry, howgs daddy. I think the thing you can sell now was you have a shot to play in the NFL.
Speaker 2: Used to have that ten years ago, right.
Speaker 8: I mean you look at every position we have now, we had a we had a big ten Lineman of the Year with Ursay three years ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he starts for the Texans, right, first round pick I have.
Speaker 3: If I got that job, we better win a national championship for the next three years. Yeah, or definitely going on probation because oh god, the only way I'm getting them here is with hookers.
Speaker 2: Well think about it.
Speaker 1: I mean, you could play the hits.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying. I'm like, listen, we got much money for you. But there's so much, as they say to the astronauts, Kang.
Speaker 2: No, they have I told you my drink drink?
Speaker 8: Have I told you my dad's recruiting story. Oh no, but it's before six right, Like this is for minute, Okay, you guys.
Speaker 1: So my dad at the end of the story, he commits to this school. So he flies in. This is when he's a senior right.
Speaker 3: At the U of M.
Speaker 1: No senior in high school.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I mean he's committing to the school. Yes, Okay, got it.
Speaker 8: This is before he committed to the I'll tell you so Boulder, Colorado.
Speaker 1: Right, Oh, they're recruiting them. So they fly him out all right.
Speaker 8: The head coach picks him up from the airport. There's four recruits with them, and they all they offer him like in the limo and they get picked up and they're driving through the mountains to get to Colorado.
Speaker 2: We know how gorgeous is studying now you say, no.
Speaker 1: It was my dad's first time. He's eighteen years old.
Speaker 8: And so they pull up, not to the campus, they just keep going to the mountain, into this trail and then they all get they all get out and then for the recruits and the coaches walk down this trail sing it and there's four horses and four My dad goes, most unbelievable looking when I mean.
Speaker 1: He's ever seen. This is not a joke.
Speaker 8: You guys keep and they go pick your horse and then pick your girl. Okay, and this is not a joke. They all the girls were the quote unquote like professional horse or for people or whatever, and they all go down their separate ways.
Speaker 1: My dad never really admits what happened. He just goes, yeah, it was it was good. I mean we did a little scrimmage and I'm.
Speaker 8: Like okay, and then uh, after that, they all get back and then they all commit that night amazing hot block. Yeah, they all said we're coming to the coming to Colorado. And then it was a day before signed day my dad flipped to go to the ghosts, but that was like big time man. Think of how much though that changes your life?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well it changed your lifelie because now you have a brother or sister.
Speaker 1: You don't know, Horse, you're still very well.
Speaker 3: I mean, if somebody sweaty in Colorado right now.
Speaker 6: Somebody just got the shivers up their spie when you told that story.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that was supposed to.
Speaker 1: Be for air, but whatever, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: What's amazing, Suy.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine and I've heard some stories, but can you imagine Joe Mowers recruiting visits?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, he didn't take anything.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not saying, I'm just do you know who had wild ones? Chantrell Henderson? Remember that name?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I do.
Speaker 1: I mean that was recently. So he was a year older than me and he was number one recruiting.
Speaker 2: He what's he up to?
Speaker 8: So actually really unfortunate because he was you got all he went Miami and then he went to usc Yeah, and then you got drafted still in the first second round.
Speaker 1: But then he got crones and and like it was nothing he could control.
Speaker 2: That's what he sucks.
Speaker 1: And people think, like what happened to him?
Speaker 2: It's just like, no, I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: Then that sucks because he was he was best recruiting country.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes he was.
Speaker 1: He was literally six eight.
Speaker 8: Three thirty as a senior in high school and he could dunk. He was a monster his recruiting class. Like, he went down to Miami.
Speaker 1: They have McKenny and Irvin pick him up from the.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, are you kidding me?
Speaker 8: Yeah, from the airport and then they all go out like so all like all that's what Miami does though, they have all the alumni come back.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's Michael Irvin picked him up.
Speaker 8: I can.
Speaker 3: Think of that like the pressure to perform.
Speaker 2: Right, my god, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It was like you, oh my god, Like those are the those are the legends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the legends.
Speaker 8: Think of like and like Ed Reid and ray Lewis are sitting there telling you to come to.
Speaker 2: The about your How do you say? No? Right?
Speaker 1: Those are the best players ever played football.
Speaker 2: Ever played football.
Speaker 1: It's just the coolest thing.
Speaker 3: In the world is your recruiting visit.
Speaker 1: You know what, I had a really cool host. His name was Smole. Do you guys remember when the Dome class.
Speaker 3: Did you get Colorado and get picked up by a lady who looked a lot like your dad, and.
Speaker 2: When they said you could pick anyone you want, you vomited.
Speaker 1: So I was committed to Brewster.
Speaker 8: But then when Kill, like literally the weekend that Kill got hired, I came in and that was my official weekend.
Speaker 1: So he had no idea what was going on. No one had any idea.
Speaker 8: And then like we're gonna have super fun and then it was the biggest snowstorm ever when the dome class.
Speaker 2: That was are you kidding me? No jokes?
Speaker 8: So then Eddie was hosting me, and I always I knew all the guys because I was already down there all the time.
Speaker 1: We had a George party that was kind of fun, but like a lot of dudes, a lot of dude so it was actual pretty nice.
Speaker 8: But then like Eddie, I ended up just like hanging out in the hotel. But like, if I could go back, I always tell this to everybody, If I could go back, I'd go take my mother four.
Speaker 6: But yeah, you couldn't go to Alabama, Tommy, you sell yourself.
Speaker 2: It would have been you should not.
Speaker 8: The coolest thing that was like just just to have like a saban or urban mind show up to your school.
Speaker 1: Jim Trestle did that.
Speaker 2: Was Jesus tough, buddy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you wouldn't be sitting there right, sitting right there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, that's what I think about it.
Speaker 8: Like if guys who go to Bama and Georgia or wherever and they're from Minnesota, like then you.
Speaker 1: Come back and like, I don't know, I just think like this one this would be happening. So I think they you is the.
Speaker 8: Best place to go personal Obviously I'm biased, but.
Speaker 2: Think of that.
Speaker 1: Like the recruitings.
Speaker 8: If you ask any high school kid or college kid about the recruiting, they love to talk about it.
Speaker 1: It's like asking about their tattoos.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree. I'd love to hear Liebers. Yeah. Oh, Libs got some good ones.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, come on.
Speaker 1: Bardo's got Do you see Cupado's kid.
Speaker 8: I don't know if we can talk whatever, but yeah, Ryan Coupado's kid who they offered eighth grade are Carter Cupado is in eighth grade and he got to offer two days ago from Fleck.
Speaker 2: Only eighth trasition quarterback.
Speaker 1: Just like his dad.
Speaker 8: He's gonna be talk like he could be an e League eleven type guy like he could be like the first real like generational quarterback.
Speaker 1: Thanks for bringing up the ghost. I think it's the coolest thing.
Speaker 2: It's great, let's go. Why do you need more?
Speaker 1: No, I love it.
Speaker 3: It's because he's thinking about his little sisters or mid sisters out there somewhere Colorado.
Speaker 1: Mess her.
Speaker 6: Yeah, maybe maybe he didn't miss her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe you should have. Maybe it's the same lady you met in Colorado.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no no.
Speaker 2: We'll play Marshall from.
Speaker 1: The one eight hundred Ask Gary Traffic Center. This report is sponsored by Choice Bank.
Speaker 8: Good morning.
Speaker 7: We had great shows to Grand Casino Araign in the next year, including Lionel Richie with Earth Wind and Fire on June twenty fourth. The Smashing Pumpkins come to town on October thirteenth.
Speaker 2: Dude's our on sale. Now get the complete details.
Speaker 7: And ol of our upcoming show in the concert page f an dot com keyword calendar.
Speaker 3: Gonna be a fine fine summer going up to No what we're war war Road on Saturday. That's right, War Road does Saturday. That's right.
Speaker 1: You're flying or driving?
Speaker 3: Driving?
Speaker 2: Baby?
Speaker 3: Oh, that's a long way to drive for one shore and a gig.
Speaker 2: Oh. Sweet man.
Speaker 3: The Fabulous Armadillo is at a music festival up there. That's great, A long.
Speaker 2: Way to go.
Speaker 3: Well, if the breaks get done, the brakes went bad on the old van.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well you and my dad got to stop rocking it.
Speaker 3: You know what if the van's rocking, don't bother knocking.
Speaker 8: Baby, you guys French, just get ready to it, no worry English.
Speaker 2: Yeah they speak.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's hogs Day. That's a far drive, like far far yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, at six five six hours.
Speaker 2: It's it's like, yeah, it's like going to Chicago.
Speaker 3: It's a long way to drive for one gig.
Speaker 2: We'll take it. Oh yeah, it's crazy man.
Speaker 3: It's so it's basically Canada.
Speaker 2: Remember when you guys sent me up there. It's fine, but yeah, when you had an after party out there?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah we uh yeah, we were in the uh place a while after close.
Speaker 3: What I what can I do to stay awake on the drive?
Speaker 2: Tommy? Oh boy? No?
Speaker 8: Actually, okay, do you know there's a lot of horny podcasts out there, your God, my God.
Speaker 1: And you guys besides this one.
Speaker 8: You mean, no, I don't like obviously laughing helps the most, but like sometimes just getting a little Randy that'll wake up.
Speaker 2: Well, sure, it's not a bad idea. Actually, I think about it.
Speaker 8: You get so focused on the storytelling, you're like.
Speaker 7: Oh, now I would stop there, you, I understand, probably don't.
Speaker 2: All the time you guys.
Speaker 1: Did you guys drive with your foot up?
Speaker 2: No? I do not know. My legs are too.
Speaker 3: Well, not just that, I know, you know what I'm talking about, like right here, Yeah, no.
Speaker 2: My car is to boxy. I will give it a chance. I have a chance.
Speaker 3: Never ever been able to get over a story that I learned at a at a junk yard.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh man, oh.
Speaker 3: God, where a gentleman was taking a drink from a doctor pepper and rear ended somebody and the bottle went all the way through the back of his neck and all the way out the other side of his.
Speaker 2: Head, like something out of beetlejuice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I I always think about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's a women thing too, like they like to put their feet up on the dash.
Speaker 2: They do, And then you've seen the X rays.
Speaker 1: How many women are you driving around.
Speaker 2: Women? Because men don't do that. I'm sorry, I'm not kidding.
Speaker 8: Every day I drive every day because then that then the air comes right up and you know cools.
Speaker 3: Yeah, here's the thing. Please remind me you remember the story I read the other day from Esquire about the pan and troughs. Oh God, we got it. Don't don't tell us. I want to talk to Tommy and see if he likes p and troughs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, paid Sports Present.
Speaker 3: There's all kinds of great stuff like pretzels and and and and red bulls and uh and monster energies and five hour energies and all of them.
Speaker 2: Hang on one of us going too soon?
Speaker 3: Can I start with the story while you find out what the holiday specialist?
Speaker 2: Yeah, go ahead, go.
Speaker 3: To the one in Royalton. By the way, it's Tommy's favorite.
Speaker 2: Yet.
Speaker 3: Our brand new GM is a guy by the name of Nolan Teasley. Here's his vision for your squad, Ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 10: We're going to develop a shared language that drives how we evaluate and how we operate in working toward building a champion on a day to day basis. And most importantly, I'm going to provide the support system that Kevin O'Connell needs to bring his vision for.
Speaker 1: This team to life.
Speaker 10: What do you think our goals, our goals are simple, and we're going to build the deepest, most competitive roster possible so that we can be at our best in December, in January, in February, and ultimately worked forward winning the Super Bowl that this fan base deserves.
Speaker 3: That's right, It's gonna happen, guys.
Speaker 6: I mean, I think it's a great hire. Anybody who knows anything about it is excited about it. Right When football people think it's a good hire, I think that's I think that's there's optimism there. I just don't you know, we got to see what he does. Right, there's gonna be a move here before training camp, you got it.
Speaker 2: He's got to do something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Gotta do something. You got to put your mark on your team.
Speaker 6: But yeah, I think it's good that they hired out outside of the organization. I think it's good they hired a football guy. And I think it's good that, as we talked about earlier that Ziggy Wilf or Mark Wilf said, he reports to me and he has final say on the Ross.
Speaker 11: Nolan is as far as the gentleman, he's the gentleman's of the organization.
Speaker 2: He has final say on the roster. Of the fifty three.
Speaker 11: But in the end he's going to lean heavily and he'll say it himself on our head coach obviously, and people like Rob RAZINSI in the building that have deep experience and skill sets that are complementary. So I think we have it all put together in a great way, and I'm confident that this is a great move for the organization, a great move for the Minnesota Vikings.
Speaker 2: Let's go. I love Mark other GM's right.
Speaker 9: I can't name maybe two, John Schneider, Schneider right, Dusty mad What makes them look good rafting is that that's their number one thing, finding talent, like good scouts, like that's that's what they're in charge of.
Speaker 3: It's hiring. It's hiring good people to be right. I mean that's the bottom line, hiring good people to do their jobs.
Speaker 1: And a good team.
Speaker 3: I would guess culture and all that's.
Speaker 8: Good.
Speaker 3: Let them know whose boss and then show whose bosses you drive.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you guys, don't knock until you try it, and you want to stay away.
Speaker 3: I got five and a half hours by tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that doesn't sound like I would fall asleep afterwards.
Speaker 1: Yeah, put on a little.
Speaker 2: Light up a cigarette. Oh man, but you.
Speaker 8: Now with those new cars, you can like lock onto the car in front of you in your lane.
Speaker 1: What yeah, you know what I mean with the cruise control. Oh yeah, you have that hogs Daddy, don't.
Speaker 3: You You mean it? It just stays at the same speed.
Speaker 8: No joke, Like you can just lock onto the car in front of you, say how far back you want to.
Speaker 1: Be, and then it'll buzzy if you go zoom lanes.
Speaker 3: That's that sounds like a bad idea. What if the guy in front of you is a douchebag?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that sounds like cranking mode, right, it does.
Speaker 6: Somebody who invented that is, Like, that's not what that young man, the guy in.
Speaker 3: Front of it just left the casino. He didn't have the best day.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, that's always a problem.
Speaker 3: Why did you follow him into the lake?
Speaker 8: Ye?
Speaker 3: The controls?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no joke.
Speaker 8: When they turn and then your your car takes like then you then you yeah, they floor it. It's not maybe don't don't don't put yeah, maybe maybe pay attention when you're driving here.
Speaker 2: Thank you, you're welcome.
Speaker 6: Ryan, feel up and say by two get one free on Monster sixteen ounce more Monster more Energy because two isn't enough. Grab your go to flavors and get one on us. All of the Monsters, Original, Ultra Zero, Juice, Rehab and more. Mix and match all your favorites and stuff. Only at holiday, we pop some balls.
Speaker 2: WHOA.
Speaker 6: Obviously there's basketball news, Beezer and the Beezer. But how about this hogs Daddy Micah Parsons yesterday made it clear that he will begin his twenty twenty six season on the pup list, and he is saying he will.
Speaker 2: Be back in mid October. So the Vikings open with the pack He's not playing in that and a lot of people have pointed out also, what about Tucker Kraft, their stud tight end? Will he be available week one?
Speaker 6: So we may see a little bit of a mass unit with the Green Bay Packers.
Speaker 8: And when did you tear that last game of the season?
Speaker 6: Micah tore it right before the playoffs, I think, and Tucker, I don't know about talking.
Speaker 1: I think like that turnaround times insane?
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, but he uh, mid October is no joke, man, November second for Tucker, They're super that's how good. Like the Miles Garrett trade is same with Michael Parsons. If you have Michaeh. Parsons, it changes everything because if you could put pressure on the quarterback constantly, I do care about Garry.
Speaker 1: Looked like an all bro.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so yeah, that's uh, that's good news for your Minnesota Vikings, bad news for a family member at my house, Louis.
Speaker 2: No, he's not a packer fan. I picked him up yesterday from daycare.
Speaker 1: How was it first day?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Smoking, Yeah, you're smoking.
Speaker 6: The teacher was asking him questions and he was answered in the Mel Gibson voice, you look at.
Speaker 3: Her and girl, Yeah he was he is.
Speaker 6: He says like two word sentences and now all of a sudden he's speaking full sentences like mel Gibson.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I picked him up. In the second he turned and saw me, he's just started sobbing, which.
Speaker 3: He was thinking he got to live there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he was like from Shrek and there's Shrek. But yeah, he had a great day. It was good, it was I was proud of it. He did really well.
Speaker 3: Here's what he said to you.
Speaker 2: That's why I started.
Speaker 3: She learned.
Speaker 6: But eight hours a daycare, he hadn't had a smoke, and that what he saw me.
Speaker 2: Damn it I got eight.
Speaker 6: Hours the longest I gone. You make me want to smoke? Yeah, he was, Yeah, but you going again today?
Speaker 2: No, he goes out Wednesdays and Fridays, so he'll be uh yeah it was. It was interesting.
Speaker 3: If you wants to go to a war road with me, yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean he'd sleep the whole time, smoke them if you got oh.
Speaker 2: Speaking of that.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 6: In August, my wife and I are looking going somewhere for a birthday. You've been to Lake Geneva, right, yeah, Yeah, that's like where she wants to go.
Speaker 3: That's awesome. A lot we we the final race of the year for Snowcrust for five years. Was there was awesome. It's the old Playboy mansion.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable, unbelievable. And they have a huge golf complex out there. Ye, like so sick and.
Speaker 3: A little small downtown like it's like you're w a Christmas Village's sweet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's where she wants to.
Speaker 1: Have You heard a bay Have you heard Bayfield?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Bayfield.
Speaker 8: Bayfield's kind of like that too. Bayfield feels like a movie town.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like, oh yes, I've heard good things. My parents used to go there all but Bayfield, Yeah yeah, you've been to Hayward Hayward bangs. What about that? Uh, it's that one cat place or something.
Speaker 8: Hayward spooner, dan Berry, Danburry, that's what Danberry Bangsino?
Speaker 2: Don't they? Sure?
Speaker 8: Sure?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 1: The Knicks ended up winning the game last night.
Speaker 6: They ended it on a eleven point run to steal Game one of the NBA Finals one oh five ninety five. Brunson had thirty cat at eighteen points and twelve boards.
Speaker 2: The Knicks have won twelve straight playoff games.
Speaker 6: They are the first team to beat the Spurs in a Game one of the Finals. They were six and zero until last night. Game two is tomorrow at seven thirty. The Spurs are a six and a half point favorite.
Speaker 2: Here pennies.
Speaker 6: Hey, Rosie, if you were to travel with hockey this weekend, what's the one thing you bring?
Speaker 2: Pennies?
Speaker 6: Jesus, why did he say that?
Speaker 1: Those sounds? What did you ask Santa for Christmas.
Speaker 2: Pies?
Speaker 1: You know what made me laugh the other day when I was walking around, Just finish.
Speaker 2: Just finished, It is so good. There's so many.
Speaker 3: Again, how about this one?
Speaker 2: Keeping it in the feet department? Oh why did he say that? I know that was on the news obvious.
Speaker 3: How about this one.
Speaker 2: The rim protector man, He's given us a lot, he really is.
Speaker 3: We just said, all right, we come back in what really matters. Tommy's going to talk to us about whether or not he likes peeing.
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, keep listening for the next chance to win your way to our iHeartRadio Music Festival presented by Capital One this September.
Speaker 3: Coming all right, welcome back here we are Hodgin Mornings Show featuring Tommy Olsen on a Thursday. No benliber today, but dot com Tom Pelliser will join via video. How about a twenty today break down our brand new general manager.
Speaker 1: Biking cheat hogs Daddy.
Speaker 8: I heard you talking about someone who I put on a pedestal this week and Eddie and I think he's one of the biggest freaks to ever go through the University of Minnesota, Papa, and he's not talked about Marcus Cheryl's biggest freak of alter.
Speaker 3: God, I was talking to him yesterday. He was right now Ever, I wanted him to be here when you're here. Oh please, I'll try to get him in next Thursday.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you guys.
Speaker 3: He's the best.
Speaker 8: So he's the most humble human being maybe to ever walk this earth. So when he was so, Eddie was a freshman when he came in, and Marcush was a fiftieer senior, so he's like Decker's grade.
Speaker 1: Like they had some special guys in the clas, they really did.
Speaker 8: And Cheryls was lifting with like all the O line and D linemen and he was he weighed one seventy.
Speaker 2: Five if that if that, yeah, And he was.
Speaker 8: The strongest guy on the team, power, clean, bench, squat everything faster than everybody, most explosive guy in the world.
Speaker 1: And then he was the most humbled, nice guy on top of him.
Speaker 3: He came up to me, I said this on the air, doesn't hockey, Yeah, And he said, he said, I wanted to I wanted to thank you. You always had my back. And I thought to myself, first of all, how sweet.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Second of all, how could anybody say a bad word about him ever in any way, not only off the field, because he's a great dude. On the field. He was a monster, monster, a monster in a long career too.
Speaker 1: He really did.
Speaker 3: Man, he's five ten, one seventy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. He was so good at returning, like he was so consistent. That's all you needed. He was just a great body to put back there. He's so good.
Speaker 3: Eight years with your Vikings think of that. Well, technically nine with the Vikings, because he spent some of twenty nineteen with a swall. I mean, my goodness, man.
Speaker 1: That's so good.
Speaker 8: Now he owns a do you know ets that he has a couple of those down in Rochester?
Speaker 1: Kidding?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, I didn't know that.
Speaker 8: And then he has like a pickleball place down in Rochester. That's super cool because he from there. He's from Chester.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, chest that's right. His brother, Oh, his brother played linebacker, right number fifty eight.
Speaker 1: He was a coach, a linebacker and he was a linebacker's coach. When I was there, I thought, yeh, the greatest guy. Now you know, he's skinny and he looks really good. He's always at the game, so you.
Speaker 3: Gotta quit bugging. But yeah, I always like, you look great. Just you're wondering, I haven't seen you today, but you look great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was number fifty eight of them.
Speaker 8: Don't like when the back in the day. I love those Cheryls.
Speaker 1: I couldn't say enough positive things about it.
Speaker 8: So when you said that it got me amped this week, And how dad, how is your golf swing?
Speaker 3: Pretty good? They used to of my balls and that's not terrible. Yes, two shots, they used two of them, and I felt pretty good about him, mane pretty good. Yeah, good. By the way. Minnesota Vikings franchise records held by Marcus Cheryl's You Ready. Viking single season punk return average at fifteen point two. Most punk return yards in a game one hundred and nineteen, most punk return touchdowns in a season two, most punk return touchdowns in a career five. First Vikings player to have two games with more than one hundred yards and punt returns. Most special team touchdowns by any Viking in franchises, Tree tied with Percy Harvin and Cordero Patterson. Marcus Sheryl's again five ten, one seventy.
Speaker 2: Five from Rochester, right, geez.
Speaker 3: John Marshall, Rochester, undrafted and he did all that.
Speaker 2: God, that is so cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah for him, So we're gonna I can't wait to have him in because best guy ever.
Speaker 1: God, that's so great.
Speaker 3: Right now, we got to give to the serious, serious topic of discussion. Oh yeah, because I wish I was wishing like I do whyt quite often that you were here okay talking about this the other really matter.
Speaker 8: It was it was so good I got that was like an eight o'clock hour.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: It was it was eight oh five and I had been saving this article. It was about missing trophy journals. Uh, because you know when you were rubbing elbows with guys, yeah, you were like talking, you were talking about sports, you were like not a shame your thang, and you were stashing a little bit and it was cool. But and now we're all separated and we're on our own journals, and we're all afraid of looking at each other's ding dongs.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 8: I think it's something to be said about like growing confidence and like becoming a man not no like and facing adversity because it's nerve wracking.
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah, I can stage fright doing it. Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: A lot of my buddies do shure and they got some I do not. It's just like these guys are nervous. I'm like, what are you guys nervous?
Speaker 4: For?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 13: You drove a Ferrari up to yeah, correct, and like it's so but I think it kind of like when you're like you know, third fourth fifth grade and you're at the dome and you're standing in line and you're like talking to yourself like all right, you got this, you know, just go out there, let her go.
Speaker 8: You gotta get out, and you're like you're you actually were touching guys like with your shoulders.
Speaker 3: Well you didn't have to.
Speaker 1: Be, no, but like that that shapes.
Speaker 8: Confidence in the young man, like that, Like you if you go do that and you can start and you start peeing without having to like talk to yourself and shut your eyes, Like if you can go naturally in the first three to five seconds, that was impressive.
Speaker 3: What you learn? Has he gotten done to be ashamed of?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: You learn it's just you're a human being, just like anybody, and you deserve a.
Speaker 6: P You were probably last in line and when they were handing out winners.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but like.
Speaker 1: The drops I do.
Speaker 8: I like like the details they went into about like how it was a community and like like everyone's like how.
Speaker 1: Corey says, you just stare forward.
Speaker 8: That wasn't me, Like I was shocking, not like.
Speaker 1: Well, sure you take a look at you know what you're next to?
Speaker 7: You.
Speaker 1: I just know everybody does everything.
Speaker 2: Everybody I'm tell everybody does.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna tell you I definitely do not.
Speaker 2: I do not.
Speaker 3: I do not.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know if he's.
Speaker 3: Not trying to be cool you.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: I like that, but I don't like watching it.
Speaker 1: No, but you do, you size up. It's just natural. It's like it's like when you're at the gym and someone's bench. Next year, you're gonna look a how much their benching.
Speaker 3: Yes, I believe what you're saying is true. I'm I ain't gonna lie to you. If I was, you know, PM beside the lady, i'd have a hard time.
Speaker 2: Now. Look, it's that's.
Speaker 3: Because that's what I like. But I guess I get a car show to look at the cars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's slightly.
Speaker 6: Okay, how about this, you tell me about it.
Speaker 7: It's slightly different because I guess I don't really find uh A, we'll just say it softer you Yeah, right, And it's not ever, hopefully ever going to be at full mass there, So there is nothing really somebody like just there are exceptions, Uh, drunk at a bar sharing the same stall, and uh.
Speaker 3: Why are you sharing the same stall?
Speaker 1: You can't wait?
Speaker 7: That's yeah, there's two urinals a stall and there's about five hundred people in line.
Speaker 8: Yes, Tramul and I were just volunteered to go.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's fine.
Speaker 3: You don't know that you should.
Speaker 2: Ye don't know that.
Speaker 8: You show you guys like those troughs that literally, I would say, you grow up at those like you become a man at those troughs because you got to go face it versus especially at.
Speaker 2: The old Metrodome. That's the only sixty guys.
Speaker 3: Do remember that.
Speaker 6: When I was a younger man and my dad and I would be like, you gotta go, buddy, this is the only option, and you're.
Speaker 8: The worst part was when it wasn't and you're standing there and then you start thinking about it, like pushing it out and you get a couple of drops.
Speaker 1: You're like, okay, I'm good, Yeah, that's all. No, but then you couldn't. But then you don't want to wait in line because that's two hours.
Speaker 8: No, you don't want to You still have them, Yeah they do, Oh.
Speaker 6: Yeah, mar Ucci does have Sometimes I go there just to peek Mary Ucci.
Speaker 1: But actually I love arena called the Barn.
Speaker 7: Should have troughs, good point forever forever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know the circle ones. You guys, do you remember that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That was they had a couple of right where you look at each other.
Speaker 2: Now had that the dome?
Speaker 1: I think was that they had it somewhere.
Speaker 2: They did Target center, might center.
Speaker 3: They did have those where it was like around a pole, it.
Speaker 8: Was around the hand washing station. But instead of that European No, think target center targets.
Speaker 3: I think so yeah, gosh, my god, that just popped into my mind and I'm remembering standing there looking at everybody's th.
Speaker 6: Here's why I think target center, because if we're anywhere at the U, you know you were, You're too young for the both of you are too young for the mat with the North.
Speaker 2: You didn't go there. Uh, it had to be targets early, had.
Speaker 1: To be the Target Center.
Speaker 3: Snow out there just a schlong show.
Speaker 1: It felt like the old showers like in high school.
Speaker 7: And you know, I just can't even imagine doing that.
Speaker 2: That would be stare forward, constant icon a guy in front of you.
Speaker 8: No, I know, you got to break the eyes and like laugh, you know, laughing a thang.
Speaker 2: I'm not kidding.
Speaker 6: I'd rather pee my pants than go to the bathroom there. I saw one thing there was there was like a them.
Speaker 7: Yeah maybe in Vegas, but they had like you know, like when you go to the like a county fair or whatever and you shoot those water guns and the thing goes up.
Speaker 2: There like, oh, yeah, that's smart.
Speaker 3: I want to set somewhere like a maybe down on.
Speaker 11: You.
Speaker 7: I remember it was one of those like random I think Instagram videos that like pops up and you're like, oh, this is cool.
Speaker 3: Like I said, I love the things that the Vikings have that test your pee to see if you're hydrated or not. They tell you it does it turns red or turns green or turns yellow, and if it turns green, you're good. If it turns red, you bear go see a doctor.
Speaker 7: Yeap, or if you're Corey at the auto show, it's red before you even Yeah, they.
Speaker 1: But it did. It did speed up the process, but you were it was tight. It was tight.
Speaker 2: That was the hardest part.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yep, he's touching someone else was a little weird.
Speaker 2: And being a kid next to it being a kid that's weird. Yes, yeah, fun can't.
Speaker 1: Tell you you grew up like. It gave you confidence.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're like someday, Yeah, you felt like a grown up all right, what's your sports thing? This is what really matters. Thank you, Thomas.
Speaker 6: Taylor heise He has been re signed to a three year standard player mel Mel Mel.
Speaker 3: He's a big fan of Montreal.
Speaker 6: Yeah, to a three year standard player agreement through twenty eight twenty nine. Is protected in the player expansion roster along with Kelly Panic.
Speaker 2: Is that you say Kelly Panic?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 6: Uh so those two are protected in the expansion teams Detroit, Hamilton, Las Vegas and saying who's so they're standing here?
Speaker 2: Yes, good for them?
Speaker 3: Congratulations, Yeah, man, we needed that.
Speaker 7: Yep, She's definitely earned it. But man, what a dream career that she has had being able to she's Bron James of women's hockey and just how everything. I don't want to second she earned it, but the p w h L come to town at the perfect time for her and to be the hometown hero to bring multiple championships and a gold medal.
Speaker 2: Good for her.
Speaker 7: I'm very very happy to hear that she because there was definite concern in those circles that you know, who knows what happened with the contract with the expansion and good job on the frost blocking her up.
Speaker 1: Here's a question, is she going to go to Taylor Fox.
Speaker 6: Were talking about that Taylor Fox would be That's like, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think it's going to be Parker Heisy.
Speaker 6: Be Parker or Parker Taylor. Yeah, Taylor Heisy Fox.
Speaker 1: Parker Parker Heise is not bad?
Speaker 2: Yeah, have you kind of good? Yeah?
Speaker 8: I always said I would have taken Garcia. Timmy Garcia, that guy, that guy bangs.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Timmy Garcia is hot.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Tom Garcia rips of SIGs.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oh loves darts.
Speaker 1: He loves darts, loves he's skinny hot.
Speaker 3: And he makes every bathroom metrocity.
Speaker 8: He's never even heard of a button on a shirt to.
Speaker 2: Garcia loves Eric Cetera Home. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Tommy Garcia, Tommy Garcia the nineties, Tommy welcomes you in.
Speaker 3: Tommy Garcia is a winner on SIPs one Zipper.
Speaker 1: Tommy Garcia lives in George.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Dovy. Garcia loves the sausage.
Speaker 8: Tommy Garcia resides in key West, West, Wales.
Speaker 3: Garcia, Oh my god, I can't handle.
Speaker 1: I heard it's very up.
Speaker 3: You can't.
Speaker 7: He resides in Key West, but he vacations in Palm Springs.
Speaker 3: You can't handle a brother.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, is the best. It's just barbar bar.
Speaker 3: It's it's even more than that.
Speaker 1: Everyone's fluid, right, just kind of let her up.
Speaker 3: What happens happened?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's fluid.
Speaker 3: You don't know. There's everywhere off, We're fluid.
Speaker 2: He loves Key West.
Speaker 3: Tommy Garcia has not a lot of Key West.
Speaker 1: Tommy Garcia is a good guy.
Speaker 3: That's a good dude. Though you love him, you can trust him. Well, no, he's going back side.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oh well, thank good lessons, Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 3: We'll break, we'll come back. We got real what really matters? After this Patrick Morning Show, Tommy Olsen, the cast thousands.
Speaker 7: From the one eight hundred ask Gary thousand dollars in cash each weekday through July third. You could win your share of twenty five one hundred dollars toward your dream getaway. Listen for the keyword entry at Cafe dot com at eight am and hit the road America style.
Speaker 3: Welcome back Tommy Elsen on a Thursday, Timy, How long will got you today?
Speaker 1: Brothers seven thirty ish? Okay, okay, I can do one more segment than I usually can. Okay, have you started off campus yet? What do you mean have I told you about this?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Was that the TV show?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the hockey one?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you mentioned it on you right now, super Home.
Speaker 8: It's in the Mount rushmore of my top shows of all time, already of all time. It's so good, you guys, dude, scene out of this world, I'm telling you right now. It's about a hockey team and then they like, he's like the jock and then he falls in love with the girl that he's not supposed to fall in love.
Speaker 1: But it's so good. I'm not kidding you. Guys will love it.
Speaker 8: Music, fantastic, n off campus, off campus.
Speaker 1: It's everyone's obsessed with it. You guys have to watch it.
Speaker 3: I've anybody Prime, Prime, super good, a lot of SWETX scenes in it too. I tried to watch that Nicholas Kage Spider Man thing yesterday. Spider now R Yeah, I know, I'm I'm I don't know. First episode didn't do a damn thing for me. I'm gonna give it another shot.
Speaker 2: What's that on?
Speaker 3: I believe that's Prime as well.
Speaker 2: I think it is as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how old is he getting?
Speaker 2: Is getting old?
Speaker 3: He's got to be in his mid the late sixties.
Speaker 2: I guess, yeah, yeah, why is this is an odd question?
Speaker 6: But like maybe Zacho you know the answer to this, and it may be like a Sony thing, But like, why are there nine versions of Spider Man? There aren't eight different like Thoors, There aren't eight different like I can't think it, you know, like Hulks. I mean there are there's like two of them, you know what I mean, Like there's nine different versions of Spider Man.
Speaker 7: I think it's because, if I'm not mistaken, it's the well, there's that any thing in the ownership of that, the Spider Man lightness. So I think Sony obviously had it, and then obviously it became part of that the Marvel cinematic universe.
Speaker 2: So but that is a good question. I get the I get.
Speaker 7: The Tom Holland because I was Marvel, and I get the Peter Parker or the Toby Maguire whatever, because that was Sonia.
Speaker 6: I don't know what I've been talking like Thield, there's the Noir thing, there's the cartoon.
Speaker 2: There's like eight different things of Spider Man.
Speaker 7: Well that's because that was the comic version and the animated version, and I mean Batman's been kind of similar, except yeah.
Speaker 8: Good point is just because those are like the hits you know. I guess, yeah, those are the guys we know. I guess might as well grab them mouth.
Speaker 3: Here's what really matters as well.
Speaker 6: Oh, the Twins got smoked by the White Sox eight.
Speaker 2: Nothing I do care. The Twins had five hits. They are twenty nine to thirty four. They've lost six of eight.
Speaker 6: They host the Royals today starting at six forty.
Speaker 2: Andrew Morris goes for your twins. What really matters is this?
Speaker 3: Got that right? I didn't say about twins Thommers.
Speaker 1: No, I haven't even gone to the game this year. I usually go to like ten to twelve year.
Speaker 2: Let's go Friday.
Speaker 1: Do you actually want to I'd go.
Speaker 8: Saturday Friday or Saturday Saturday is a one o'clock first pitch.
Speaker 7: I don't think can get tickets to work for seton, but I guess I could buy them.
Speaker 1: I'm going seven dollars.
Speaker 11: Yeah, there's like forty people there.
Speaker 2: It's not the Yankees. Plus they got the tarps off thing now, so I have to see that.
Speaker 8: You know, before the game, for two hours you can get a two dollars beer, two dollars give.
Speaker 3: Be that anywhere. Japan leads the world a number of bear attacks on humans.
Speaker 1: No books flights to Japan. We're round trip.
Speaker 2: Really, I would not have guessed.
Speaker 3: That Japan's bear is who appears to be climate driven. You surry brown bears and Japanese black bears feed primary line acorns and beech nuts and berries. They also feed on the carcasses of boar and deer. Over the past several decades, as a climate has warm, food has been plentiful, which has helped to drive up combined bear numbers from fifteen thousand to about fifty four thousand. So they are out looking for food.
Speaker 1: Black bear, Yeah.
Speaker 2: That one.
Speaker 6: Have you seen the bit they're they're on the loose man, there's that black bear that they keep seeing it all over Minneapolis.
Speaker 2: Yeah about Japan, but yeah, yeah there was one. Yeah, it was like a block from Leber's house.
Speaker 1: That'd be scary. Yeah, yeah, I mean against a doggie.
Speaker 2: It's a wrap.
Speaker 6: But he everybody said, like, black bears aren't neat, says that until they Yeah, they're saying.
Speaker 1: Like black, lay down, brown, brown.
Speaker 3: Yes, I think it's black, fight back, brown, lay down, Yeah, white, like good.
Speaker 2: Night, because it's a meant of all.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure that bear is just Zach out looking for some strange.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that might be I guess I wouldn't you considered a bear?
Speaker 7: I think so. Yeah, I don't know when I haven't really I did not know that bears in Japan either.
Speaker 1: I would never think that.
Speaker 2: Ever.
Speaker 7: If like they were being like a trivia question, yesterda no other bears, I would have said, no.
Speaker 2: Never.
Speaker 1: You guys been in Japan? I heard it's Lovely Loves.
Speaker 6: Bonus's kiddo lives there.
Speaker 8: Yeah, jesus, what's the place called Shanghai?
Speaker 1: I think that's China?
Speaker 8: Yeah, sold Tokyo, Tokyo, Yes, the.
Speaker 3: One Tokyo, Tokyo.
Speaker 2: Come in your guy loves?
Speaker 1: Which one you got engaged there?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: God?
Speaker 1: How is how's his injury?
Speaker 2: You should ask?
Speaker 6: The Vegas Knights lead the Stanley Cup Final one nothing winning Game one five four. Game two is tonight and can be heard on this lovely radio station at seven o'clock.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's going to be a great game. Yes. The Hurricanes responded really well in Game two.
Speaker 7: Against the Canadians after they dropped that one at home, and I would expect the same.
Speaker 2: But TOWRTS is pretty focus.
Speaker 7: He would not have known that they won that hockey game with the way his demeanor was in that postgame press conference. He was already in a game too, So I guess that it should be a great one.
Speaker 2: ESPN, ABC.
Speaker 7: They've been a great job on the TV side and of course in the radio kfan it really matters.
Speaker 3: Eight to ten of domestic rams male sheeps, oh, refuse to mate with females? What they mate with rams only? Come on, it's true, Come on, yeah, I'm reading it right now. Rams are the only mammal species other than humans were certain individuals mate exclusively with their own sex.
Speaker 2: Well, hello, Tommy McVay, real.
Speaker 6: They don't, McVeigh yeah, Sean mc oh no, not that no, no, no no, yeah that was not choice by me.
Speaker 2: But no, not that one. Sorry, Hello Tommy Stafford.
Speaker 3: I'm like, what is he talking about? I miss a part of that story.
Speaker 2: That was an odd last name for me to pick.
Speaker 3: But mc v a ya, wow, yeah how about that?
Speaker 1: Huh do they really?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I didn't know.
Speaker 2: Did you say eight out of ten?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Eight to ten percent.
Speaker 2: That's a an eight out of ten. It would be a huge rummer. They would not have it would be extinct.
Speaker 1: It's a big month for them.
Speaker 2: It is a big Oh.
Speaker 8: Do do you guys remember when we picked our if we were going to go live in Mars and we picked our top ten people we would bring.
Speaker 1: That's a long time ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't remember who we picked me I remember, Yeah, mc.
Speaker 1: Veigh was my fear. He was the guy I said.
Speaker 2: It was benb our leader.
Speaker 3: Again, Sean, Sean, I don't know who else were? Thank you? Never mind?
Speaker 1: Then, okay tell me off here. Yeah, yeah, I love that.
Speaker 6: The head coach of the Tampa Bay Lightning, John Cooper, is your twenty twenty six Jack Adams Award winner, Zacho, that is.
Speaker 2: The coach of the year.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and he's earned it yet again. They had a phenomenal season. He's the fast He was the second fastest coach in league history to reach six hundred wins. He's he's a really good guy, well well respected and wouldn't doubt we see the Lightning again around this time of year in the near future.
Speaker 2: What really matters is this.
Speaker 1: On the state.
Speaker 3: In what year do you believe it was that Martha Stewart was indicted for securities fraud? An obstruction of justice.
Speaker 2: Oh, good question.
Speaker 3: And she served time in the House of Many Husbands.
Speaker 1: That's a massive deal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, massive.
Speaker 14: I mean, if you watch the docum mentory, it was basically the way the story goes is her financial advisor called her as she was on her way somewhere, I'm about.
Speaker 2: To catch obviously a private plane because Martha Stewart. Yeah, And it was a question about selling some stock and she said, yes, sell it, and got on the plane and flew. I think she went on vacation for a couple of days and got back and her or a financial advisor was I think in on it, but she didn't know know like in on like they were short selling the stock, that they knew the stock was gonna bomb, so she sold it early. But the story is is her financial advisor kind of duped her and she didn't. Yeah, but she was part of it. So she served her time too, she did.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, and she like taught like she Yeah, Martha Stewart's the documentary is, Oh, it's outstanding. Yeah, I forgot spot for like fifty fifty decades, like fifty years. Yeah, she's been she's been irrelevant for like fifty years.
Speaker 3: I've survived for fifty five.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean it's being like relevant on top of the world. Yeah, but she's a billionaire, I would guess.
Speaker 1: Gotta be right. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just don't know. I hope so for her sake, you.
Speaker 2: Know, is guaranteed. Yeah, hawk, what was?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I would I treat her right, that's passionate. Yeah, for sure, and i'd look her in the eye.
Speaker 2: She's play though.
Speaker 6: Look, just it's worth watching the documentary just to see where the place she lives in.
Speaker 2: Yeah is that? Oh it's huge, it's a huge farm. And yeah, it's from.
Speaker 1: Well I think I think she's from the United State.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think Jersey City. Yeah, she's how old? That's a good question.
Speaker 3: Seventy eight The.
Speaker 1: First guess we were trying to guess when.
Speaker 3: She got twenty Yeah, when did she get indicted?
Speaker 2: Four? Yeah? Four? Three yeah, three, she's eighty.
Speaker 7: I would guess, oh, way all I bet yeah, really, yeah, she's what's your guess?
Speaker 1: Sixty one?
Speaker 3: I said seventy eight, eighty four blowsers, she looks good.
Speaker 2: Eighty five in August. Yeah, good for her, and you would never know. No, she served hard time, man, Yes.
Speaker 3: Plenty of sex in prison.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you think she was getting after it?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: She's she's known for being horny.
Speaker 2: No, is that right? I hear that's Is that her and Snoops.
Speaker 1: Bit that they hook up all the time?
Speaker 2: No, No, I don't think.
Speaker 1: I swear that's a thing.
Speaker 3: If they get it on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, it's like a known thing.
Speaker 2: I think they together and.
Speaker 3: Then they hook her but zach and smoke together.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I should don't hooking up.
Speaker 1: No, I swear they do. Isn't that a thing?
Speaker 2: I don't know believe it is.
Speaker 3: I really don't believe that it is. No, I could be wrong.
Speaker 2: I can't prove that right.
Speaker 3: Good for them if they do, But I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I swore like Snoop wrapped about.
Speaker 3: It, wrapped about banging Martha's I.
Speaker 1: Swear, Am I just making this up?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: You might have dreamed that. Yeah, maybe I did. Maybe I just assumed. I bet you they hooked up. I bet you they have. I mean, maybe you've got that crazy stuff, you know. But Snoop's from married from like ninety six.
Speaker 2: No, I've never dated.
Speaker 7: They're incredibly close, but it's strictly platonic and professional partnership.
Speaker 6: Yeah that like that like turned her career around. Was the friendship they have with Yeah, she did around.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking of Chelsea Handler. That's who I'm thinking.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, she's horny. Oh my god, she talks about it. Yeah, bring it. She talked.
Speaker 6: She told this story on a podcast once that she was like, uh, flirting with Bobby Flay over text message and Bobby Flay asked her where she was, and she was at some really nice restaurant in Las Vegas. He sent over like an unbelievable bottle of wine and like a really like what.
Speaker 2: A bunch of entrees? Sure she got the tab. He didn't pay for it? No is right? Yeah, all right.
Speaker 3: Patrick Moore Show is now six fifty nine and again at eight twenty today we'll have dot Com Tom Pellisero talk about our brand new general manager for your Minnesota Vikings. We'll play some of the audio from him and his press comfort yesterday in our Vikings New segment. But next the news will Tommy also of the guests that Patrick Moore from.
Speaker 1: The one eight hundred Ask Gary Traffic Center. This report is sponsored by Luggage World.
Speaker 3: Good morning,