Speaker 1: Listen up. The ratings just came in for last month. We are number one. We just grabbed every key Demograd. Yeah, super duper. That's nice. Fight Ago Nino again. Yes, boy, that is good news.
Speaker 2: It is the sixteenth day of June twenty twenty six. Good morning, everybody. Welcome to the Parcher of Morning Show on Tuesday, Attired Tuesday. If you're tired, ladies and gentlemen, we'll be your audible caffeine.
Speaker 3: Lest we'll try. We'll get things started momentarily. But first, I don't forget.
Speaker 2: Today is Marty Gallarnard and Johnny Beans Bond's Bones coming in as well.
Speaker 3: And a cast of thousands.
Speaker 2: But first, here's Tommy Brennan, a local dude who's now on Saturday Night Live and will be the MC for the first ever show this Saturday Themistic Lake Amphitheater. Very excited to be playing that show with my band Rocket Club. So come on out if tickets are still available, and I heard they're almost sold out, so let's get on out here. Here's Tommy Brennan, Commy on a Tuesday on the Patriet Morning.
Speaker 3: She'll come on in. I am glad you are here.
Speaker 4: My grandma is there. She's my favorite personal She's ninety three, she has forty grandkids, forty three great grandkids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she wants to check.
Speaker 4: In with everyone and hear about our lives. But a lot of my cousins and siblings work in tech, and they don't translate what their fake jobs mean to a woman who hasn't been in the workforce in fifty years. They have job titles like cloud scientists and data happiness manager. And when my grandma was in the workforce, there were two main jobs, as a businessman and secretary, and they were having an affair.
Speaker 5: In life was easy.
Speaker 4: My cousin Carl told her he's a back end software engineer who writes in javascripts.
Speaker 1: Shut off, Carl, make something up.
Speaker 4: Don't tell her you're a software engineer. Tell you're a railroad engineer and we're expanding west. You know she'll be thrilled for you and the country, and then it won't be crazy if she says something like, oh, you work with a lot of Asians.
Speaker 1: You know, Joe's actually really good.
Speaker 4: If you know how the railroads were built.
Speaker 6: Yes, I agree, how merchant, I'm buried the bump lips, I'll mean the tires oh why.
Speaker 3: Come up mad withis in the tax bars.
Speaker 1: Sects heart and you sold my heart?
Speaker 3: Can out of my day so I can run them.
Speaker 1: My way because I'm talking to the powers that morning. Joe is Tuesday, June sixteenth, twenty twenty sixth on bory Cove. That's a Chris Hockey. There's meat sauce, Paul Lambert, there's Zachary helpers him. Bonus should be here in a second or two. Morning at seven, the windows down. You don't forget Dluth On Friday, win hotel that I keep forgetting the name of. And it's opened. Everybody Hoday Holiday in Hoday in okaybody and everybody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, come on. In last year we were outside, it was little chili. This year we'll be inside. It won't be as chilli.
Speaker 2: I believe there's breakfast provided at tank. Oh hell yeah, I'm almost buzzitive.
Speaker 3: There was last year.
Speaker 1: We'll provide it for ourselves if it's not provided for everybody else, damned right, it means the boy's got to eat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I go by, Yeah, that's mind scared. I'll buy you fly.
Speaker 1: For sure.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm gonna throw this out there multiple times today. I've been trying desperately to get Tommy Brennan on the show this week because he's obviously coming in to be the MC this weekend of the thing on Saturday, Domistic Lake Theater, which I went by history, Holy Balls, is a huge I can't believe how big it is, Corey, I can't.
Speaker 1: I've seen it a thousand times. It's nuts. I can't believe massive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't wait to walk out on that stage. But anyway, we want him on. I want to talk to somebody who's on Saturday and live like right now. I want to become best friends and have him say, hey, you want to come watch the show sometime and you'll see a single tear right escaped down the side of my face, knowing that Marnie will be so jealous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because Marnie's dream was SNL and Tommy made it and she didn't.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: She's a gigantic failure to the entire Dakotas.
Speaker 3: I hope he says that, hope he says.
Speaker 2: We all laugh a little every time we talk about Marney Gail in the back room with Lauren Green.
Speaker 1: There have been eighteen Minnesota's on SNL zero from the Dakota's zero.
Speaker 3: They can't. They don't have enough room for all the Minnesota people.
Speaker 1: Half the cast all time is from Minnesota. Zero from the Dakota's Yeah, zero zil. I think zero have even auditioned. I think you might be correct. That is correct. I double checked.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I h.
Speaker 2: In my continuing would you hope to do everything before I die?
Speaker 3: Cory? Sure, except for jump out of planes and bungee jumps.
Speaker 1: Well, don't bungee jump, and if you do, make sure they tie the rope to your feet before three people throw you off of a bridge.
Speaker 2: Definitely not victim blaming, but I'm going to tell you right now you can be g D sure that would be the last thing I would do.
Speaker 3: Exact, the first and the last. Yeah, all the in between.
Speaker 1: Totally agree. No offense. By the way, I know you were about to say something, and we'll get back in second. Get Did you say three or four updates on that story? I have not that I know that they are saying she survived the fall when they found her, she was still alive.
Speaker 3: Are you kidding me? No?
Speaker 1: They said she hit the ground and was still alive. That they that they when they got to her, she was still with us. Honestly, that's even worse. You want her to die instantly, instantly, but she I don't know if she was conscious, but she was alive.
Speaker 7: There are reports that she was conscious, but no, but those are false. So good she had a weak false to her and then they did compressions.
Speaker 1: And Okay, that's as gross as that sounds. That's better. I can't imagine surviving that and then sitting there realizing, oh, I'm toast. Yeah yeah, oh yeah, man, that's one of the worst stories we've heard in a lot of time.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 1: It's unbelievable, all right, back to you're trying to knock everything off your list except for bungee jump here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I get to appear on stage and guys and dolls tonight at the Tanna and didnit dude, Right, it's a huge deal.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: It's fun, right, I got I got a small part, but I do have a part. I have lines I gotta remember. And one of the things they asked me to do is to h to carry a phone with me today and document my day leading up to the the you know, social media thing, so I could for tannas right, for guys, and Dolls. Great show tonight. I'll be on stage. I got the phone in here. I was going to say, hey, Hockey, here's how I started my day. But do the power of morning show. We're going on right now. But I left piece of paper in my car, which I hope is in my car. None of my house that has the code to get into the phone they get used to record. So the day has not started off correctly. And I tried every code I can think of.
Speaker 1: That's the equivalent of forgetting your lines. Yes, you for wrapped the code, you forgot the paper. You're off to a terrible store.
Speaker 2: Don't you put that on me, Ricky Bobby if you try. I tried every combination I could think of.
Speaker 1: Did it lock you out?
Speaker 8: Not yet?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So actually I know the code here. Just repeat what I say right this time? Ready, right? Go one? Yep, just gota repeat it one. Oh, I'm sorry one, two, two, three, three, four four, five.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry you say five.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable. I have the same combination of my luggage. It's one of the greatest bits. Right after that is said, what kind of idiot has that combination?
Speaker 5: Ah?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 1: When does that spaceballs to come out? Next? Year. I'm sure it's going to be terrible, but.
Speaker 3: Has to be this year.
Speaker 1: I think it's twenty. I think it's next. I think it's slated for whenever. Mel Brooks is one hundred yeah, twenty twenty seven. Yeah, and he turns one hundred. Yeah, it's one hundred years old almost. Let's hope he makes it. Yeah to Spaceballs too. All right, So that's a bad start for your guys in Doll's Day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's but I but I got my lines. I got I got him memorized.
Speaker 1: How many lines approximately a total of four lines.
Speaker 2: In two different blocks. I have to walk out and I have to wear I believe they call it a zoot.
Speaker 1: Suit zoot suit riot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, because it's a a gangster kind.
Speaker 1: Of guy and daddy right, yeah, zootsuit riot. Yeah, where's that squirrel nut zippers? That was hell right. We're terrible, yep, terrible, weird time for music, and we talk about that every time those bands come up. Just weird. Yeah, Sky had like a two or three year on but that like weird, like Prohibition era, throwback era had like two or three bands that had one song and the whole world was like cool, let's let's get into swingers. Yeah, the movie not like Pink Flamingos. I think they do that too, maybe both. But the whole country was like, cool, this song is awesome. It's like this song is one hundred years old. Yeah it was. I never understood. I didn't hate those songs, but I definitely didn't like those songs. I was like, really, this is what we're doing now.
Speaker 2: It's weird, and you guys will know this even though you weren't. You were live, but you weren't, you know, aware of what was going on. In the nineteen eighties, we had a similar thing, only it was with the Straight Cats doing that kind of rockabilly sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the fifty Stroke, yeah.
Speaker 2: Exactly, which was a cool thing, man, you know, Straight Cat struck.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Even like.
Speaker 2: What was that Adam Anta had that Don't Drink, don Smuck which was kind of rockabilly sounding, you know what I mean. I wonder if the kids will ever have anything like a throwback to the eighties, which would you sound.
Speaker 1: Like modern miss Well, maybe it's just TV. Maybe they just have that. You know, the kids don't have eighties nostalgia about Stranger things, but they freaking loved that show.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what I think.
Speaker 2: The entire generations of kids right now are baited breath right now for the Little House in the Prairie room boot.
Speaker 1: What I bet if you asked one hundred twelve year olds, right, my youngest daughter's twelve, if you asked one hundred twelve year olds, how.
Speaker 3: Many hundred twelve year old am I going to find? At this point?
Speaker 1: I'll just go to I'll just go to school pick up and just say excuse me before we get in that car. Not mine? Well, have you ever heard of Little House on the Prairie. It's single digits for sure. It's maybe like, yeah, my grandpa used to watch that. Yeah, my grandpa hockey. Yeah, it's got to be like five of them. I air in tu. Mine has never heard of it. You don't never heard?
Speaker 3: Sure, they don't read it in school, especially Minnesota.
Speaker 5: They don't read the lower Ingles Wilder books. Are you sure you know?
Speaker 3: In the Little Kids?
Speaker 1: I have never heard Harper once even remotely referenced anything to use anything related to that book. I bet the show it's I bet it's under five as well.
Speaker 9: Yep, does it be somebody like yeah, my grandma had like a dv or something maybe Yeah, maybe?
Speaker 1: And who the hell had DVDs of Little House on the Prairie. What do you buy him on Poshmark? Hey, John Bonus, good morning.
Speaker 3: I don't know why you guys don't want to rip on me, but coffee? Thanks, Thanks buddy. I did I did have a problem with my one of my Deep Pop orders. You're deep Pop.
Speaker 2: Remember I told you it's like just Poshmark. Deep Pop is like it's like it's basically a living online garage sale.
Speaker 1: Yeah, would you order?
Speaker 2: I've ordered a Fleetwood Mac Tour T shirt and I'm happy to say that at this point I wear.
Speaker 3: A size small T shirt.
Speaker 1: Good for you?
Speaker 3: Can I show you guys the size small T shirt I got the mail?
Speaker 1: Yeah, little women small. It's gonna have a tag for like first cancer Awareness? Good morning John, Hi kids, gon'd be something he already bought.
Speaker 10: Note I'm gonna cover it up here.
Speaker 2: The heart that says to have a nice day.
Speaker 1: This pink note card. Mm hm, oh god, I mean that's a four x L.
Speaker 2: That's a.
Speaker 1: Shirt that literally has got to be what at least a double x L, if not triple right, that's a blanket.
Speaker 10: This is a bigot and it says inside you'll you'll you'll see.
Speaker 8: My god, somebody, somebody has been stressing that that's a that's a small for a baby elephant.
Speaker 9: That's like when Star brought us in all that Concordia gear and it was four excel.
Speaker 1: That's a gigantic.
Speaker 10: Shirt right now, I can put this all over the top.
Speaker 5: Over the top of your jacket.
Speaker 1: I mean, that could be the first time of my life i'd ever say I was that's a that's a poncho at the State Fair.
Speaker 8: This is a used vintage shirt. Yeah, there's somebody, somebody stretching the hell out of this.
Speaker 10: Somebody's like, I'm wearing a small.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's my size.
Speaker 5: Somebody wanted it could be What.
Speaker 1: Does that tag say on the front there right in the middle of the shirt. Oh, it's like it's probably somebody you got a Tory number. I couldn't say. If it said how much, we would have been a hell of a deal if it was the right size.
Speaker 10: I'm going to bequeath this to you.
Speaker 1: I don't want you to be queath anything. On Jesus.
Speaker 10: There's a line.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't ever know the line. It looks very it's a nice blouse. It is a ninety Yeah, just it'll look like you were shoulder passed. Yes, you beat.
Speaker 10: Do you want the shirt?
Speaker 5: I think that might even still be smaller.
Speaker 10: It would not be small.
Speaker 1: Is it a penguin? You've never seen that? That shirt?
Speaker 10: It's it's this was a one of their tour shirts.
Speaker 1: Can I ask a question about being mean? No, it'll not being mean to you.
Speaker 5: I'll give you seven dollars that ye, sir.
Speaker 1: How is it vintage? It's from twenty nineteen. Well, it's a vintage style. It's an actual tour shirt that they had whatever forty years ago.
Speaker 10: Somebody probably paid one hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 9: No, I think it's from the tour from twenty eighteen to twenty nineteen.
Speaker 1: Like it says on the shirt, it's almost ten years old. Oh, that's a ten year old tour, not forty. Yeah. So when somebody went to that tour, no one was watching Little House on the Prairie. No, not like forty years ago when everybody was watching Little House on the Prairie.
Speaker 3: You just want to look at my ass?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do no nothing on the back.
Speaker 8: You've got new jeans. Well, I mean those are those jeans were not the jeans that were fitting you.
Speaker 5: A year ago.
Speaker 1: You have perfectly little legs. Yeah, I just yeah, hit on them more. Well, yeah, I'm new. I nobody loves it more than I do. I know, and that depresses the hell out of him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, another reason we know their new jeans.
Speaker 1: That's kind of you there.
Speaker 9: This is it looks I'm not kidding. It looks like somebody wore shoulder pads underneath it.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, where does a nightie? Sure somebody somebody were with like actual shoulder.
Speaker 5: Somebody with a muscles and episode.
Speaker 9: Every kid wore it is like a football practice shirt man?
Speaker 1: Who man? Who the slender wore that to take napsin? What did Star give us Concordia gear? That was for Excel?
Speaker 3: I wish I kept it.
Speaker 2: I wish I kept my my CONCORDI is or Hey, got you guys something for Christmas?
Speaker 3: It was a four Excel And I think it was a joke.
Speaker 9: No, I just think he grabbed it out of somewhere and didn't look at the size.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I was the thought that counted.
Speaker 5: Yeah it was maybe he just looked around the studio went.
Speaker 1: Sorry.
Speaker 3: At that point he probably and I ate burritosh. Yeah, just assumed we would get there.
Speaker 9: Yeah, eventually the future gift. You're gonna need this in ten years?
Speaker 1: How about this was the last you know what, I've been the best gift possibly ever?
Speaker 9: What gutter helmet from gutter helmet mn dot com gutters again?
Speaker 1: All right, John Bonus is here, Marnie Gellner later, This is the Power Droom morning. Joe on the bank, she leaves tonight, be.
Speaker 3: Helping you on dreams come true.
Speaker 1: Yes, he's leading for all tonight in a strange old bear's new with you hand dreams and fellow Jeff Fee now.
Speaker 10: Makes to rule down a cheek.
Speaker 1: I agree dreams and fill with jeffree YEA welcome back to the Power Trim Morning Show, Johnny Bones. I have a couple of baseball stats to throw at you later, because we want ratings and nothing moves the meter more than by sure.
Speaker 5: Yeah you know what I'm saying, especially in this market. Yeah, you guys know what you're doing here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we do well baseball stats in trivia right around the corner.
Speaker 5: That's exactly right.
Speaker 1: A couple of your favorite things.
Speaker 8: Guess yes, no, world traveling lately, no world traveling now.
Speaker 1: In fact, just the opposite.
Speaker 8: Oh god, it was a great weekend here in Minneapolis and Mansoa.
Speaker 1: The weather was lovely. Oh yes, And it's the most Minnesotan thing of all time to talk about the weather.
Speaker 8: We missed the We missed sort of the first week of May, and we missed the last week and a half of May or something. So the in between is I think the cold May. Like we get both nice May and cold May and Minnesota. So this was like our first weekend of summer. It felt and it was glorious. Twins were in town all weekend, a couple of different events to go to. Next weekend, we got Stone Arch Bridge Festival weekend. After that we got put aside, what do you do dabbler Stone Arts Bridges?
Speaker 1: You know the bridge over, sure, but what's the festival? You just walk celebrated.
Speaker 8: Art festival, beers, drinking music. I mean Saturday and Sunday, so you.
Speaker 1: Do have to go outside though, you do have to go outside. Nightmare.
Speaker 8: And then uh what we got Pride Dabbler and Pride weekend the next weekend. The next week and we got fourth of July taste of Minnesota, Like this is just right, just being thrown right into the middle of the perfect Minneapolis, Minnesota summer. So yes, we we really enjoyed ourselves this sweek.
Speaker 1: It was great.
Speaker 3: I'm glad that you dabbled in pride?
Speaker 5: Are you glad I dabbled in pride?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 5: Sure, I can explore. Yeah, exploring some exploring to be done. Have you guys ever been to the Pride Dabbler.
Speaker 3: I don't go outside.
Speaker 1: No, no, that was my nickname in college, but I've never been to the actual events. We're gonna go to.
Speaker 8: Pride Abbler is a beer tasting event, sure, yeah, and then and then after that.
Speaker 1: The taste all the flavors.
Speaker 5: Twins have Ludacrous playing after the Twins game.
Speaker 1: As one gay hell yeah.
Speaker 8: So we're gonna do a little Pride dabbling and then we're gonna go check out the end of the Twins game in ludacris.
Speaker 1: Is he in all of the Fast and the Furious movies?
Speaker 3: Yeah, except for Tokyo Drift.
Speaker 9: I don't think he's in the first one.
Speaker 1: Is he no idea? I don't think he's in the first How about speaking to that?
Speaker 9: How about the first trailer for Disclosure Day is the twentieth twenty fifth anniversary release of the original Fast and the Furious that they're going to put back out in theaters.
Speaker 1: Wait you get a second here, what now? That was a confusing sentence.
Speaker 9: They did a trailer, the first trailer when you know they start the trailers.
Speaker 1: That's you said, the first trailer for disclosure. You mean the first trailer you saw before you saw the movie Disclosure? That yes, got it, that makes sense. Was a railer for the re release.
Speaker 9: Of Fast and the Furious, which I think is its twenty fifth anniversary.
Speaker 1: So they're building over back in theaters and we're all asking for it.
Speaker 3: These bestards are still Fast and Fury if.
Speaker 5: Only can find it on TV someplace.
Speaker 1: I mean, just watched Gone in sixty Seconds again, right, it's better way, It really is vastly superior.
Speaker 3: I don't think that's necessary.
Speaker 1: Universally Factual in sixty Seconds is better than any Fast and the Furious movie, not even close.
Speaker 3: Let's ask a kid.
Speaker 1: They're too busy watching the Little House on the Prairie.
Speaker 2: That's the kid, Zach, Zach goes, do you do you prefer Fast and Furious for that other movie?
Speaker 1: The other movie being Gone in sixty seconds.
Speaker 7: I can't say i've seen most of either. I did see Fast five.
Speaker 3: Well you just jumped in at number five.
Speaker 1: Isn't that your favorite one? Well like to Drift?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I liked the kid from U Texas quarterback going to Tokyo and driving cars.
Speaker 3: You talk clock as. He was a quarterback in one of those football.
Speaker 9: Movies that can't be a good movie, Friday Night Lights. No Tokyo Drift. Friday night Lights is fantastic.
Speaker 3: I almost choked and I wasn't drinking anything.
Speaker 1: Wells, I've never seen this is on my blind spot list. I've never seen the show Friday Night Lights or the movie Friday Night Lights. I haven't seen the show either.
Speaker 3: I keep missing.
Speaker 1: I didn't know there was a difference. Yeah, one was on TV and one was in theaters. People say, yes, incredible.
Speaker 8: Great movie too, watched one of the greatest TV shows series ever made.
Speaker 3: He doesn't like sports.
Speaker 1: I'm not a huge sports fan. In fact, some my neighbor of Scooter and Filatio on Scooter Flash uh fla Shio specifically was like, have you watched Heated Rivalry? And I'm like no, she goes, but don't you like sports, and I'm like no, Like if it was like, well, yeah, I'll put up with a couple of dudes banging as long as it's about hockey. I don't even really care about hockey.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's the way.
Speaker 1: That's the problem.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: If it was two dudes banging and then they went and played poker, I'd be like, all right, I'll watch two dudes bang. I wanted before you, I want to see what the flop is pun intended questions.
Speaker 5: Would you put up with sorts to watch?
Speaker 1: Good point? I've dabbled in pride, yeah, man, uh so no, I have not seen Heated sir. To be like, so you like sports, well, you know you watch Valry.
Speaker 7: Five percent hockey and banging and five percent uh just waiting for the next banging.
Speaker 1: Scene, right, and waiting is the hardest part, Yeah, wondering why a lot?
Speaker 3: Yeah, why aren't these guys just bang? Why are they playing hockey again?
Speaker 1: The reviews that Heated Rivalry were really good.
Speaker 2: It wasn't.
Speaker 1: It wasn't just like, oh, this is a fun little Nate show. Everybody was like it's a good show. Yeah. But yeah, but Scooter and Zach and everybody else on the planet basically say episode what is just a bang fest? I don't get everything else found that too, But doesn't it calmed down a little bit after a couple of episodes. I thought you were the one that said that a little bit.
Speaker 7: But then they go out to the cottage and it's like, okay, all right, euphemism pisses me off.
Speaker 2: And I'm gonna ahead and just do this because I'm dabbling in pride. Let's yes, ladies play hockey too.
Speaker 1: They're working on it. Okay, well, I mean I guess the no, not with two ladies yet.
Speaker 3: But this is a damn shame.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hawks pissed now, it's a damn shame.
Speaker 7: Netflix just green lighted uh something called Icebreakers, which is going to be the They're one of those. It's a hockey player and a figure skater.
Speaker 1: Shouldn't be together. What about your different worlds?
Speaker 2: What about crossing the pink line or or or getting the crease? I got ideas. I've been thinking a lot about this. I'm for equal opportunity to that.
Speaker 1: You've been thinking a lot about how about penalty boxes? Yeah?
Speaker 9: Yeah, so you do one me. How about here's an idea for a show that has too late say the name of the show. How about face yeah, face.
Speaker 1: No, do your own. Come on, you can do this.
Speaker 3: I got too many of them.
Speaker 1: And here with he you'veimism for lesbianism is the fans, Paul, and you are an abuser. How about two minutes? First, two minutes for scissor room. Yeah, I like, I do like that one.
Speaker 3: That's the leader.
Speaker 1: That's how the very clever.
Speaker 9: I mean, it's just he goes two minutes for scissorin and then they panne and then they pan over to the.
Speaker 3: I am In's like the son.
Speaker 5: Of a bit.
Speaker 1: So it happens on the ice in the middle of a game. Is not in secret in the hotel where they have to hide it. They just do it at center ice in front of the entire crowds.
Speaker 3: Came into a check. It's in the mail literally right now. They want it.
Speaker 1: A friend of mine, that's we don't believe this. No, it's definitely a friend of mine. Would you take him to medieval times? No?
Speaker 9: Uh yeah, he uh for a while was into ladies wrestling that then turned.
Speaker 1: Into his sex. Wait, you've you've seen that? What's what's your friend's name? It's seed Bear?
Speaker 3: What what don't out him.
Speaker 9: It's not seed bear here the recovery here.
Speaker 3: You you back that one right up.
Speaker 1: Thanks, But you've seen that. I absolutely have the scene Beer. I like it.
Speaker 2: They're fighting and they're mad at each other, and then suddenly they're getting it home and then they get how many minutes for?
Speaker 1: How do I ask this? Is this not two minutes per scissoring? Are these ladies that seen Beer is watching? Are they extremely curvy feminine women that just are pretending to be wrestlers or are they really manish wrestlers that then eventually get it on little a column a little column Bee.
Speaker 9: My client over there, because I think it's see the same videos.
Speaker 1: Okay, are they madly ladies?
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, much like.
Speaker 2: You know late afternoon television back in the nineties, you're waiting for the reveal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I heard the referee gets involved.
Speaker 2: Kennedy, Kennedy, Kennedy, Oh winner, hello, No not yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: One of the rest of us is mister doutfire.
Speaker 1: Yes, we got scene. Yeah see there all right, front page Sports. When we come back, like I said, we're gonna move the meter because I'm gonna I'm gonna quiz the hell out of you guys with baseball stats. When we come back. Let's see if Twins Daily dot COM's very own John Bonus knows anything about Twins baseball, specifically Power Trip Morning show after this on.
Speaker 7: The Cafe and welcome some great shows to target Field this year. Tim mcbrow will be there August twenty third, My Chemical Romance the next day on August twenty fourth. Complete details on all of our upcoming shows in the concert page at Cafe dot com key word calendar.
Speaker 1: Let's up, players, Hi, it's.
Speaker 3: Power Trip more the show.
Speaker 1: Here we are.
Speaker 3: I'm I filmed my first bit and Sauce ruined it.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did you know that your testicles were hanging out the bottom of your shorts?
Speaker 1: No? I didn't. That's really gross.
Speaker 3: Sorry, man, Why you have to ruin things?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's proud of the testicles, you know.
Speaker 3: First of all, I can't blame them for that though, to be honest with you, a nice.
Speaker 5: Set calves and testicles pride.
Speaker 3: That's right, he's dabbling.
Speaker 1: All right. Let's do fun Paige sports, because look, you got to payoff radio teas, and I promise baseball status.
Speaker 9: For front paid sports presented by Holiday Station Stores.
Speaker 1: Holiday Station Stores for limited time. Get a couple of Monster Energies by two, get one free, and you can mix and match any flavors you want, like the zero Ultra that I'm showing the camera, the white one it's the goat. Yeah, but you can get the Juice, the Rehab, the regular ones, mixing matiny flavors and Monster you wanted Holiday buy to get one free. Thanks Holiday, You're the best.
Speaker 3: How is it Holiday? Getting some monsters and they try to make me go rehab? And I said, no, no, not.
Speaker 1: Really, no, probably have to stop. But Holiday on the way to Deluthe on Thursday, say it's a long drive? You got, Yeah, you got a couple hours, all right? As Chad Abbitt knows, no one pays off radio ts is more frequently than I do. Yeah, because I truly believe in the radio teas. Yeah you do.
Speaker 3: I Can.
Speaker 1: You guys familiar with something called Pete Crow Armstrong of the Chicago Cubs. Yes, yes, Pete Donny Bones. You know who he is? Sure? Is he good? He's really good? He's really good.
Speaker 8: He started over Buxton in the World Baseball Classic for the two years.
Speaker 1: Oh, Pete Crow Armstrong, I like a good hyphenated name from Tims right.
Speaker 5: Also got into a little bit of a dispute the other day.
Speaker 1: Is that right? So PCA hit the first cycle of twenty twenty six, he did it yesterday.
Speaker 5: Okay, it's making news.
Speaker 1: Because not only did that about a year streak. We'll get to that in a second. But the first cycle of twenty twenty six, his last hit was a single, Oh okay, and then was immediately picked off. So he got picked off of first after hitting for the cycle. He wasn't thrilled about that. So I have two grow cycle related trivia questions for you. Twenty eight days fuck. According to MLB dot Com and AI, how many cycles in the history of baseball John's math. Guys, you're going to try to figure this out per team too of two hundred.
Speaker 5: And one.
Speaker 1: Five.
Speaker 9: Here's the stat no one cares about. I've never been able to do it in MLB the show, So I would say so that factors in, how yeah, because it's that hard. It's hard to do one fifteen.
Speaker 1: Anybody else, I'm gonna go with one to eighty two hundred and twenty one. I think I'd go the over on my number. Twenty one. You are correct, you should have went higher. He is the thirteenth cub to ever do it. But that is the three hundred and fifty first cycle in baseball history.
Speaker 8: Here's here's the thing, oh Rosie, We've been playing this game for one hundred and thirty years, right, it.
Speaker 5: Could have happened a couple times a year, three times a year.
Speaker 1: So here's here's trivia question number two. That's more important. Kirby Puckett had a cycle for the Twins August first, nineteen eighty six. Then the Twins went twenty two years without one. Isn't that nuts? So in the history of the Power to A Morning Show we started in two thousand and one, there have been five Twins to hit for a cycle. One of them was the last one to do it before Pete crow Armstrong. Last July we had one, but there have been five in the last twenty five years of the Power Trip Morning Show. By the way, we're celebrating our twenty fifth anniversary in November. First show in fan history to go twenty five straight years, which is pretty cool. Nice can you name Johnny Bones? The five Twins cycles in the run of the Power Trip Morning Show was the last one Buxton Buxton July twelfth, twenty twenty five. So that was the last cycle before Pete crom Storing yesterday almost a year.
Speaker 5: I know Jason Kopble did it.
Speaker 1: One Kooble in two thousand and nine, very good. Three more so you said the what year was it?
Speaker 2: That?
Speaker 8: The lat that the twin did it after Pucket.
Speaker 1: Two thousand and eight. So there's been five since two thousand and eight. You've named two Cooble in twenty nine and then twenty twenty five Buckston. You're missing the other three who didn't know? Eight? I'll give you the year's hunter. Nope, I'll give you the years. See if you can come up with it. Eight. Another one in O nine and then twenty nineteen. These are all good names. Cadre wow in twenty nine, very good.
Speaker 5: Two thousand and eight.
Speaker 1: Can I give you an inside joke for a hint that you might remember the bits. At one point, Mark Rosen told Chris Hockey to buy this man's jersey because he said, oh yeah, oh no, he's going to be here for a long time. Oh buy his jersey for sure. Because Chris goes like, I think I'm gonna do it Rosie said, oh, definitely, definitely do it.
Speaker 5: Didn span Nope, nope, come on, baby, come on, bonus, come on two thousand and eight, come.
Speaker 1: On, unbelievably fast part of a trade.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, they go Miss.
Speaker 1: Carlos Gomes right, Oh yeah, Chris, oh for sure, by that. Jersey absolutely the next Mickey battle in the last one's two good years. You really as go Goo was awesome for a couple of years.
Speaker 8: Twenty nineteen, that would have been Bomba squad Edi.
Speaker 1: No mc wren, Jorge po Polonko is correct and happy birthday mc wren. But yes, Jorge Polonko in twenty nineteen. So Gomez koobl Kadi or Polanco and Bucks in the last five cycles for the Twins, well done, I did okay, not bad.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, we're probably my memory sucks.
Speaker 1: So Rod Carew did it in nineteen seventy sees Oar Tovar in seventy two, something called Larry Heiseel Larry Heizel seventy six, seventy six, Yes, Lineman Boss Doc.
Speaker 5: Yeah Stock seventy six, as well Imon Lyman.
Speaker 1: In seventy eight something called Mike Cubbage yea third base spot and in nineteen eighty. Gary Ward, the hell that is?
Speaker 8: What did you say nineteen seventy eight, Gary Ward eighty anti Enady Garrett.
Speaker 1: That sounds right, Corey, Yes, sir.
Speaker 3: What was Lymon's name in Ocean's Love Liman?
Speaker 1: It was hang On. I think it was boss Doc No, I think I know it. Uh Virga, Yeah, that's it because he's he's pretending to be a super wealthy man and he has a very important package that he wants to keep in the vault. And you are very very close. You're one letter off Vera Burga, you're there getting cold?
Speaker 3: Farga is barga Orga?
Speaker 2: There?
Speaker 1: One letter off? I don't know.
Speaker 7: I guess it could be pronounced. I don't think it would be pronounced with the uh z.
Speaker 1: Damn it you're right, yeah, see damn it? Why did you duh?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: I freaking love those most Yeah, especially the first.
Speaker 3: One, and be friends with those people.
Speaker 1: Do you guys think Ocean's twelve, with the exact same plot, exact same but set in Las Vegas instead of Europe, would have been significantly better? Probably? I think the Vegas vibe changes the entire movie completely. Yeah. It just felt like, why do I care if they're bouncing from European country to European country. Just put it in Vegas. The second the second that you could tell Ocean's thirteen, they just go, all right, what are we gonna do? People didn't love the second one? What are we doing for the third one? And Steven Soderbergh says, Vegas And then the rest of it really doesn't matter. Yeah, correct, I mean, we'll figure something out, but it has to be in Vegas. Correct.
Speaker 7: There's something touchable about it, like you know, like you see the scenes in those casinos that you can go see.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anybody could be in there for the Europe Like.
Speaker 1: I've never want to Cloney's Mansion. I've seen it, you sure have. I have. But like they could have done the Faberge egg bit in Vegas, right, It could have been on tour and been They could have done the exact same movie. Yeah, put it in Nevada, put it in Vegas. It would have been better. It would have been better.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't it be cool to like have AI just make you a version of Ocean's eleven where you're just in every scene just as one of the Oceans eleven, but you never say a word and you're just hanging out in the background.
Speaker 1: That'd be great.
Speaker 3: And there I am sitting back there playing slots.
Speaker 1: I wonder if that's the future of cameo, where you just paid to be to be in artificially intelligence ai'ed in.
Speaker 3: To your favorite TV shows or movies like you put my face on the old lady in Polter Guys.
Speaker 1: The same exactly, pull your hands up the old lady in Poulter Guys.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine how small her hands are well hand with.
Speaker 1: His face or the regular regular Ladyeh.
Speaker 3: I don't want to kiss my salt bag?
Speaker 1: Yeah you would, he would you banged the lady from Poulter Guys.
Speaker 3: Oh she's passed away, Sir?
Speaker 1: Did I just come up with a multi billion dollar idea? I think you did. Like AI movie cameos.
Speaker 3: I think I helped with it.
Speaker 1: Again, I did nothing.
Speaker 3: That could be like you're on your epitaph.
Speaker 1: Yeah again, that should be one of your catchphrase. Oh yeah again, I did nothing.
Speaker 3: Again, I did nothing.
Speaker 1: Kelly. Kelly gets home from a long day at work and she goes, Paul, what do you do today?
Speaker 3: Again?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 9: Sorry, I'm watching this gift of a guy playing soccer on Google it's mesmeriz cool.
Speaker 1: We're trying to do a radio show again. I did nothing.
Speaker 5: Again.
Speaker 1: What have you done the last twenty seconds to add to this show again? I did nothing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey big you bunny bones.
Speaker 3: Yes, you like sucker.
Speaker 5: I do like soccer. I played soccer through college.
Speaker 1: I didn't ask that, Oh, where did you go to college? Carleton?
Speaker 2: He did.
Speaker 3: He went to Carlton, played a little soccer.
Speaker 1: Your mom goes to college.
Speaker 3: I have a question to follow it, follow up?
Speaker 1: Interesting, how you played soccer? I don't think I knew that. I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: Part of the reason that soccer has such a hard time catching on the United States is because yesterday I was listening to the updates on the fan during Brero and they were talking about one of the biggest best games they've ever seen just finished and it ended in a zero zero tie.
Speaker 1: Right, yes, because Spain was a main.
Speaker 5: Stood on his head.
Speaker 1: They called.
Speaker 3: Old balls. But it ends at a zero zero.
Speaker 1: Time and it was a giant upset. Right. But but bonus, did you see the World Cup scores? Because if not, I want to I want to try a game on you. Did you see the four scoresterday? I have not Sky we just blew the first one. That's fine. It sounded like you had already heard that one anyway. Zero zero I paid attention and Spain on DraftKings was minus twelve hundred before the game. Wow, massive favorite.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll never buy a drink again in his life.
Speaker 1: Now here's I think this is Chris's point though. I'm going to give you the two teams and I'll tell you one of the team number of goals. You have to tell me if the other team scored more, the same or less. Okay, okay. Belgium and Egypt played. Belgium scored one goal. How to Egypt do I'm going to say they tied. Egypt did score one goal, Yes, he did it. Saudi Arabia and Uruguay. Saudi Arabia scored one.
Speaker 8: I'm going to guess Uruguay scored two. They did not, They just scored one. They scored one.
Speaker 1: Our friends and Iran, yes, our first scored twice against New Zealand.
Speaker 5: New Zealand scored twice as well.
Speaker 1: Four ties. Yesterday there were four draws one one zero zero, one one and two two four draws.
Speaker 2: Yep, you know we I believe as a markets we need winners and we need losing.
Speaker 1: We definitely need that. We like losers.
Speaker 8: Yes, that's that's one of the bits into less all right. It comes in like he said, I don't want to tie. By the end, he's rooting for a tie at the end of season one, great show, But the end of season two he's thrilled with the tie.
Speaker 1: So Sauce. The coaches for Spain and Cape Verdet walk into the press conference and the first question is how did you guys do today? And they say, we tied.
Speaker 3: No, you don't remember what you said.
Speaker 1: Look, once again, we did nothing right, we did not.
Speaker 3: By the way, I was stealing a take from bro never heard of Cape Verde two, Yes.
Speaker 1: I didn't. I don't even know what continent is. I would guess Africa, but I don't know. Said that. Yeah, looking it up, you're right where in Africa off the western coast, west coast.
Speaker 3: In Portuguese Cabo Verde.
Speaker 1: That looks stunny.
Speaker 3: It looks beautiful.
Speaker 2: Archipelagic country in the Central Atlantic Ocean, off the coast of West Africa. It consists of ten volcanic islands with a combined land area of four thy thirty three square kilometers and the flag is very American life, red white and blue with a little yellow dash.
Speaker 1: Well, they scored zero goals and shock the world.
Speaker 3: Old ball's Grandma's yep, good guy, Grandy whatever, All right.
Speaker 1: Marny at seven, we'll do what really matters after this. This is the Powers, your morning show on the Bank our iHeartRadio music.
Speaker 7: Join Nordo in kf and for a teen USA watch party this Friday at do Girrels and Hastings catch USA versus Australia, kicking off at two pm with games, prizes and drink specials while cheering on the red, white and blue. We'll see you do Grills in Hastings this Friday at two.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Zacho. It is time for some what really matters on the Touture Morning Show.
Speaker 1: That's right, brought to you by Ovo Lasik and Lens Go get Lacey and change your life from doctor marklo than Off and Doctor David. Why didn't it Oval, LACEYK and Lens right off of three ninety four. Thanks Ovo, Lasick and Lenses.
Speaker 3: That right, Thank you, They're awesome.
Speaker 1: Oh all right, so we got drama building in the NBA draft. Chris, you're all over this, I know you've written a couple of blogs.
Speaker 3: I can't wait.
Speaker 1: He's coming over to my house to watch it next two days. So it is next week.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So Darren Peterson is a polarizing figure. He was kind of the consensus number one a couple of months ago, and then Aj Debonsa from BYU had a monster year and has mostly passed him. Most people think Debonnce is going number one? What is there? Who is what?
Speaker 5: Is Darren Peterson?
Speaker 1: The guard? Yeah? Playing big guard? Yeah? Get cancels. Okay, So, but the Wizards, the terrible, terrible, terrible Washington Wizards have the number one pick. They won the lottery. They were seventeen and sixty five last season. So Debonsa went to prep school at the end of his high school career in u Utah. He went to BYU. In the Utah Jazz pick second, Okay. So it's like, well, that would be probably pretty nice for the fans to have s AJ going number two to the Utah Jazz. So Debonta did what everybody in his spot probably should do. He has visited the Wizards and the Jazz because he's going to be at their number one or number two. Darren Peterson has only visited the Wizards, and he's told everybody else that's the only team I'm visiting. So he's pulling that trick. He's going, nope, I'm only going number one, and if I'm not going number one, I'm not interested in visiting anybody else. So he has told other teams, I don't plan on visiting you between now and Tuesday, So he is all in on going number one with the Wizards, when I think most people think Debonce is going number one. So it'll be interesting if he has not visited with any other team, including Utah, a number two, when he likely would be the second pick if he doesn't go number one. So I don't know what's going on, but I just think that's a really weird strategy because what do you have to lose. There's no shame in going number two in the NBA draft, right? Uh? D Bonsa is that? I say it?
Speaker 9: He is seventy nine percent on Kelsey that's what they think. That feels, right?
Speaker 8: Yeah, it seems like you've got a lot more to lose by that strategy than you do by just, you know, being a normal person visiting the top three places.
Speaker 1: I think the same way. A lot of times, even in the NFL draft, when it's like, well, I'm going to go number one, so this is the only team I need to visit. Well, what if somebody wants to trade up for you? You still might be the number one pick. But what if other teams are like, we think we are big fans, but we would still like to meet you. Well, you're picked nine, so why would I meet with you? What if we end up being picked number one?
Speaker 5: Who's number three and four?
Speaker 1: Hey? I just thought, yeah, I asked Chris who who's picking three and four? In the NBA.
Speaker 8: He's almost deliberately trying to skip the Jazz to go to end up at one of these other teams.
Speaker 2: I believe it's uster Indiana, yep, and they're expecting the probably gonna take Joyce Carol Oates.
Speaker 1: Happy birthday, Joyce, Carol Oates. This sweet hell is Joyce Carol Oates.
Speaker 3: You really don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know. That is Memphis. Yeah, Memphis is three, Chicago is four, then the Clippers five, Brooklyn six. But again he's nowhere near that. He's going number two. No unintended.
Speaker 5: Maybe he's trying to the jazz away.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you got to scared of the the Jazz away and the Wizards.
Speaker 1: Pretty sure that happened last year, though. I think Ace Bailey did not work out for the Jazz and didn't want to work out for the Jazz, and then the Jazz took him. Anyway, I think he's good, good with potential. I don't. I don't think he had a great rookie year, but I think he had moments of greatness. Yeah, I don't. I thought he was just okay, Yeah, I think he was good. What really matters, though, is this. It's thirteen points solid for a rookie. He's fine. He's in a terrible team. Yeah, hidiots, Okay, I'm to.
Speaker 2: Stay to what year, gentlemen, do you believe the first American roller coaster open to Coney Island in Brooklyn, New York.
Speaker 3: Roller coaster?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say thirties? Thirty two? Wow, eighteen ninety nine.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I was gonna say that eighteen something too.
Speaker 5: Go eighteen ninety a.
Speaker 7: Right, first year that came into my mind was nineteen thirty two.
Speaker 1: That is bizarre, all right, how bizarre? I'm gonna go thirty.
Speaker 3: Two On June sixteenth of eighteen eighty.
Speaker 1: Four, damn eighteen eighty four. That's right.
Speaker 2: The first American roller coaster open at Coney Island in Brooklyn, New York. Known as the as a Switchback Railway, it was the brainchild of LaMarcus Thompson. Traveled approximately six miles per hour and cost a nickel to ride.
Speaker 1: These six miles an hour. Yeah, even so, there can you that would be more terrifying than going on Wild Thing in twenty twenty six. I wouldn't trust it. I'm like, this thing's gonna break, We're all gonna die. Yeah, it's over for us. Oh, that would be terrified.
Speaker 9: It's like the Ricketty White one at Valley the high roller that's from my Is that really from the excels Park?
Speaker 3: I believe that's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, one's terrified. That one makes me the most nervous. And it's not even close because you can feel you can feel the track shaky movie. Yeah. I likes off on that. Yeah. I don't care if you dropped me from thirty stories up at ninety miles an hour, as long as the ride is smooth like the steel coaster.
Speaker 8: I'm sure the high school kids that are working that are on top of the same.
Speaker 1: Yeap. No, that's that's my least favorite coaster at the Valley Fair. Even Excalibur has a little bit of that where it shakes a little bit. Yeah, but the new ones are just so much smoother. Yeah, the funny Poston would have terrified me in eighteen eighty four, whatever the hell year you just said.
Speaker 9: I don't remember the last time I went to Valley Fair. But like, you go back toward the Excaliburs, and it's like you go back in time. It just hidden back there. There's the water ride back there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no one really rides up still ride, Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Of course.
Speaker 3: Of course it's.
Speaker 9: Very touch the one that turns around the loop loops.
Speaker 1: It's the best one that rides about thirty seconds long. Perfect for me.
Speaker 3: That's what he's used to for a second ride.
Speaker 1: Again, you've done nothing, nothing my entertainment.
Speaker 2: It was an instant success by way, and by the turn of the center there were hundreds of roller coasters around the country.
Speaker 1: They're awesome. Big fan uh. Drama in college slash pro football with Texas Tech quarterback Brennan Soresby now jumping ship from college football. He's going into the NFL Supplemental Draft. Something that doesn't happen very often, And what it happens even less often is somebody actually gets picked in the supplemental draft. So he has the gambling issue. He was going to get suspended and he was going to get reinstated, and then they were fighting over it, and long story longer. The supplemental Draft deadline is June twenty second. So what he and everybody else decided is this is a mess. It's not going to get sorted out in the next six days. So no pun intended. He bet on himself and said it's the better play here is just to not deal with the mess in the NCAA in college football, let's just go to the pros. So he's going to the pros.
Speaker 5: So who's got the first pick in the supplemental Draft.
Speaker 1: Well, that's not quite how it works. So you basically bid which round you're willing to draft him in, and then there's these different subgroups. That's the only part that's a little complicated. There's subgroups within like how bad of a team you are, and so essentially it's an auction, but you have to bid which round everybody submits, which bid you are willing to draft him in, and then whoever has the highest bid, and then within that subgroup you could potentially claim him. So you're kind of gambling on whether or not anybody else gives a crap about Brendan Sorosby. So it is teams with six or fewer wins the previous season in one group, then the non playoff teams that are not in that first group, and then the fourteen playoff teams, and then the order in each group is randomized. Okay, So let's say the Vikings are like, man, I don't know if we are going to move forward with McCarthy. Tyler's on a one year deal. We're going round two. We'll put in a second round bid for Soresby, right, Well, then the Vikings would be in that fourth or the non playoff team bid, right, So then those teams get randomized, and if somebody else had a second round bid and the Vikings put in a second round bid, it would matter in that little pod. Were we the highest team in that pod. If that's the case, then you get him.
Speaker 9: Is it kind of like the waiver wire, but there's randomization exactly?
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, it's the general idea of the waiver wire, and.
Speaker 8: By bidding for the second round. Does that mean like I'm giving up.
Speaker 1: Next year second? Oh, so you have to give up the next year's equivalent? So this again, it doesn't happen all the time. There hasn't been one since twenty twenty three, and no one was picked that year. The last time somebody was selected was twenty nineteen, when the Cardinals used a fifth round pick to draft something called Jalen Thompson. Oh, Josh Gordon, we remember him. He had a couple of monster years. He was a second rounder in twenty twelve. Yep, Terrell Pryor was a third rounder in twenty eleven. I would argue, outside of Bernie Kozar, who was a first round supplemental draft pick in nineteen eighty five, do you guys know, I would argue the most famous and the best supplemental draft pick in supplemental draft pick history. Sauce, you're not in your head to let them guess if you know it.
Speaker 5: I have no idea.
Speaker 3: I think I might know.
Speaker 1: This is it? Laurie Metcalf, Happy birthday, Lorie Metcalff, John Bonus. I'm gonna give you a hint because I think Sauce truly does know it. Okay, fourth rounder in nineteen eighty seven. This is a Viking, not initially okay, but yes, famously most famously definitely a Viking, undeniably most famously a Viking, but was not supplemental drafted by the Vikings. Yeah, Joey Browner, if I give you the team, you might get it. In nineteen eighty seven, fourth rounder, the Philadelphia Eagles took Randall Cunning You nope, help me out, Sauce, help him. Chris Chris Carter. Chris Carter was a supplemental draft guy, fourth round Philly.
Speaker 5: Drugs.
Speaker 1: Probably yeah, no, probably yeah.
Speaker 9: I'm sure he got I would assume he got kicked out of Ohio state. That's why he was in the supplemental draft.
Speaker 1: Let's see, let's see if Chris remembers this one, Christopher. There was two supplemental draft picks in eighty seven. One was a fourth rounder, Chris Carter. One was a first rounder by the Seattle Seahawks.
Speaker 3: Eighty seven first rounder could have been I thought.
Speaker 1: You almost just said it. It sounded like you were making the noise, sounded like the letter. But you boked there for a second first rounder Seattle Seahawks as eighty seven. Is it a running back, nope.
Speaker 3: Is it a wide receiver, nope?
Speaker 1: Is it a quarterback nope. I'll give you the positions, see if you can get it. Linebacker, Oh Bosworth, Brian Bosworth. Yea, the drugs first rounder? Wow? Probably the roids. Yeah, so Steve Steve Wolfs first rounder in nineteen eighty nine. But yeah, I mean if you look over the last I don't know, almost forty or fifty years. Normally it's every two or three years there's one guy picked. Yeah, most years there's nobody picked. And again we haven't had anybody picked in seven years. He'll be picked. He definitely will be picked. He'll be no matter of which round. Yeah, man, Yeah, so it'll be dramatic. Somebody's gonna get a quarterback.
Speaker 3: What would you give as a Minnesota Viking fan?
Speaker 1: Good question, Sauce, what round do you know? He's good? And as you said, Corwin, this story kind of got brought up. There were monk Kraft saying we'd take fifteenth overall next year. I mean, he's he's as projected as high as the top half of next rounds. First round.
Speaker 3: I'd be comfortable offer in a three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's a no brainer, but I don't think that's going to be a high and enough bid. But I think he'll go.
Speaker 9: I think he'll go as a because if you're a team like Cleveland and the Jets, who are the some of the favorite jure going to take him, you're in the h.
Speaker 1: Arch manny right, you're not giving up a first rest in case the season goes south. Correct, and then you can have any quarterback nad you a second. I think it'll be New York or maybe we'll see. It'll be dramatic more of what really matters after this power to won't you on the fan from the one eight hundred ask Gary trapt.
Speaker 5: Hey, everybody walking.
Speaker 1: Back match at morty s sixty forty.
Speaker 2: Yet we're doing what really matters right now with my main man John Bones over there. Marty Glarno will be in momentary relie guys, Hi hi hi, before we get right back into what really matters. But if you guys remember not but we did a sweet fun bit that really paid off for us with young Mark Rosen in which we had him read the lines to.
Speaker 7: Me so horny, me so harny, I'm like a dog in heat to go this smart creeks baby.
Speaker 5: I want you.
Speaker 3: What year do you think we had him do that?
Speaker 1: I can't believe he agreed to that. Will you play more of it?
Speaker 3: I think that's all I have.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go. Man. It's just crazy how everything is pre or post COVID in my mind right, And I don't even know if I'm right freak without working. But I feel like that's pre doesn't I feel like pre COVID. Yeah, so let's go twenty and eighteen. Let's go twenty fifteen, twenty seventeen, on this day in two thousand, dog in heat, almost ten years ago. I want you, all right, I know Bud, Yeah, I know you. I don't have an appetite.
Speaker 5: Because me so hard.
Speaker 1: I don't think he would agree to that. Now he's tired of us.
Speaker 5: No, I have to be tired of us.
Speaker 3: We're not. He doesn't talk to us no more.
Speaker 9: He'll be here tomorrow. Sure, well he has a shot at the first pick. It's just like Power Trip Bettes and me hogs Dandy.
Speaker 5: I want you, okay, it shut it.
Speaker 1: So, dude, iHeart. The other day, had we were robbed? The somebody broke in and stole all of our laptops and stuff. So I'm doing this fundraiser called Crime Made, and I have Bruce Springsteen tickets and I'm going to auction off to try to raise some money to you know, make some money back to the company. Pull your hands up. You'll be here tomorrow.
Speaker 3: What is that from.
Speaker 1: It's from the office. I forgot the out of here yet. Now he's out here yet, and it'll be tomorrow. I'll come up with something because the Link's playing to do tomorrow. The Links play tomorrow night. Yeah, just say, you know, draft Kings says this, or draft Kings says that. Yeah, just say a bunch of gals you went to high school with. Speaking of the Links, they did beat the Portland Fire Fire, that is the correct answer. They won one oh seven seventy four over the Portland Fire. The Lynx again have the best record in the w NBA at eleven and three. They had seven players in double figures. Up next at Los Angeles tomorrow at nine o'clock. So they had a little hiccup against the Vegas Aces, but.
Speaker 5: Not much of a hiccup, not much of it. They really battled.
Speaker 1: That was fun that I believe. Vegas is ten and three. The Linkston are now eleven and three, and again we don't have Nafisa Collier still. Yeah, so buckle up, Tonycawery is coming.
Speaker 3: Watch that whole game, and he files this report.
Speaker 8: Olivia Miles is gonna be real good. Already, real good and already. If you watched the end of that game, you saw somebody who really wants to be a great player try to rise when the moment is absolutely at its peak and came through two out of the three times. I think the rest essentially bailed out Vegas.
Speaker 1: So the anti d Aaron Fox.
Speaker 5: Wow, I guess it was.
Speaker 1: She was.
Speaker 5: She was really fun to watch that game.
Speaker 1: What really matters, though, is this.
Speaker 2: So we talked about the first roller coaster opening on the state, Coney Island in eighteen eighty four.
Speaker 1: Check this out.
Speaker 2: First of all, Coney Island, a name believed to come from the Dutch. Nonen Island or Rabbit Island, is a tractor land. Sure yea yeah, sure, sure is attractive land along the Atlantic Ocean, discovered by explorer Henry Hudson in sixteen oh nine.
Speaker 5: Therefore the Hudson River yess Verir.
Speaker 2: The first hotel opened at Coney Island in eighteen twenty nine, and by the post Civil War years the area was an established resort with theaters, restaurants, and a racetrack. Beteen eighteen ninety seven and nineteen oh four, three amusement parks sprang up at Coney Island, Dreamland, Luna Park, and Steeplechase. By the nineteen twenties, Cony Coney Island was reachable by subway, and some crowds of a million people a day flocked there for the rides.
Speaker 1: A million wait a minute a day? How is that possible? How can it be a million a day?
Speaker 3: That's what it says.
Speaker 1: Wow, what Yeah, that seems extremely high.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it does. Obviously had really old subways. Yeah.
Speaker 2: By the way, the hot dog was invented at Cody Island, Cony Island in eighteen sixty seven by Charles Feltman. In nineteen sixteen, a nickel hot dog stand called Nathan's was opened by a former Feltman employee and went on to become a Cony Island institution in international franchise.
Speaker 1: Hell, yeah, man, that's for the hot dog Cotton.
Speaker 3: That's exactly right.
Speaker 1: Fourth of July.
Speaker 3: You got that, baby.
Speaker 1: It's a gross event to watch.
Speaker 9: But the lead up to it is good name the guy that does the I think he's the guy that owns it. David would know his name because David loves competitive eating, because he's an idiot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's what's the guy's name that wears the hat.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure and correct me if I'm wrong, But I think it's Charlie Bush Now.
Speaker 9: Happy birthday, the guy that invented the magnified glass in the uh binocular.
Speaker 1: Thanks correct.
Speaker 3: You know what could be wrong? I think it was Geronimo Happy bird.
Speaker 9: They Geronimo, what are you doing over there? I've got some cleanex man. I got a cold, My kiddo's got a cold. Everybody's got a cold. I'm just named two people.
Speaker 1: That's enough. Yeah, more people went to Coney Islands roller coasters and have colds. It was a million a day. Although my hands up that seems high. Yeah, hawk would do every adult woman that went there.
Speaker 3: Yes, they're they're well dead.
Speaker 1: The State Fair. When the State Fair is one hundred and thirty thousand, it's like not even Also.
Speaker 8: What's the what's the population of metro New York City?
Speaker 1: Exactly?
Speaker 8: I don't like whatever you're going to Cody Island.
Speaker 1: This is like you with lightning strikes that feel that that number feels not attainable in a day. They can't all, they can't all go on the rides long.
Speaker 3: But there were three different amusement works.
Speaker 1: I mean that's like Disney. That's still too many people? Are there billion people a day at Disney?
Speaker 5: No? No, I don't think.
Speaker 1: No, can't be No, you'd never ride a ride, right.
Speaker 2: The Cyclone is a wooden roller coaster that's still working at Cony Island and debuted in nineteen twenty seven.
Speaker 1: Wow, no thanks, Yeah, I'm not getting on that one, Corey, would you No? No? All right, sauce. The Chicago Bulls have hired Thiago Splitter as their head coach. He was the interim head coach at Portland after Chohnzy Phillips was facing federal charges. Yeah four gambling, yeah fixing, alleged gambling and poker and alleged I'm sorry, what's his name, Thiago Splitter? He was, Uh, it's yeah. He played for a long time. First, so I'm picking twenty seven by San Antonio. He's a twenty eighth overall pick. He was in charge of like four turtles for a while too. I like me every once in an does.
Speaker 2: He does production down holl.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, but there's a reason I'm bringing it up, saus. Why did I bring up that Thiago Splitter was named bulls head coach?
Speaker 3: Does it slow news day?
Speaker 9: Because it might mean Mike and Norry goes to Portland very close. Mike and Norry of the Timberwolves was one of the four finalists, so they had I think they interviewed twenty something people.
Speaker 1: They had it, you know, a big group. But Mike and Norry was one of the four finalists. But they go with Thiago Splitter instead. So now they think he'll go to Portland maybe. But as I think we talked about, the Portland owner is basically like cutting every corner he possibly can, Like they're not allowed to stay past like eleven o'clock on a road thing. There's all these bits he's cutting and he wants to right. He uses his target red card to buy all supplies for the arena, say, to be the lowest paid coach in the NBA. He's very proud of it. Yeah, he said, paying what you pay meat sauce at iHeart. Oh man, poor Thiago Splitter again, you've done nothing. I have today. But I'm still here. You're still here. You're getting paid. Yeah, you're making that cash. Yeah, mad ask girl. Yeah. But what really matters is this sen Thiago great film. There's a lot of times Thiago Splitter is a fantastic name, great name. It's a super cool name.
Speaker 3: Thank you. Once upon a time, you dress so fine through the bumps of diamond. You're primed in.
Speaker 1: You great sod.
Speaker 2: People call and say, beware, don You're bound to fall. You know that they were all kidding you.
Speaker 1: Great Sod used to laugh.
Speaker 2: About everybody that was hanging out. Now you don't talk so loud, you don't seem so proud.
Speaker 1: You guys know what song that is?
Speaker 3: Are you scrounging?
Speaker 1: Are your next me?
Speaker 2: On this day in nineteen sixty five, Bob Dylan recorded Like a Rolling.
Speaker 1: Stone, one of the greatest songs of all. You got nothing, You got nothing better than Rumpshaker.
Speaker 9: I mean it's close. I think even Bob would say that. I even think Robert Zimmerman himself would say that.
Speaker 1: That it is better. That is close that he even Yeah got rum shaker Whales. You got to listen to one of them all day today, non stop. On a loop until you go to bed. Oh like a rolling stone. Not even close. That's one of my favorites. I said it was extremely close. I was just playing along with your bid I was half listing. Yeah, I thought all that you wanted to do was zooming that sound. Also whales, you're weird. That's ace of bass.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I'm trying nothing to.
Speaker 3: Napoleon and rags and the Napoleon rags and the gifts for you.
Speaker 1: Language that he used, language that he used give to me, said, beware, darling, they're all bound. Uh what does he say? Have you heard this song before? I love this song.
Speaker 3: You can't refuse when you ain't got.
Speaker 1: Nothing, you got nothing to lose.
Speaker 3: You're invisible now.
Speaker 1: You're invisible. Now you got no secrets to reveal. Seal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, it's cool clothes, cool clothes.
Speaker 1: You do have cool clothes bound your blouse.
Speaker 3: Like my big rolling stones or no, a Fleetwood Max su.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like your big jugs, all right, Saustin finished these lyrics is check baby, check baby one two three four, check baby, check baby one two three, check baby, check baby one two. That is check baby, check baby.
Speaker 3: What you just heard is the sound before.
Speaker 1: No listen.
Speaker 3: Well you've just heard is the sound of rosy dining and dashing.
Speaker 1: Come on, you honestly don't know do this? You can do this? Check baby, check baby one two three four check baby, check baby one two three check baby, check baby one two, check baby, check baby three. How do you not even understand the pattern? You don't even have to know the lyrics. If somebody never heard this song, they could figure out this.
Speaker 3: I don't lyne. You are abusive. Yeah, you are abuse in my contract, Gary abusive?
Speaker 1: If you are in therapy, I get a bonus. Oh I thought you were going to say you get a boner. I do that. That's that's Chris's bonus.
Speaker 2: You know it's fine, Gary ABUSI is your name.
Speaker 1: John Bonus figured it out, and he doesn't even know the song. John Bonus is a math wizard.
Speaker 3: He's just a wizard.
Speaker 1: Let me let me eliminate the check baby parts. Let's just see if you can figure this out. One two, three, four, old on, let me run it down one two three, one two one got it? Look at you, baby, Yeah, I'm sorry. You are.
Speaker 5: The check babies. Why do get past the check babies?
Speaker 1: It's called the rum shaker, the beat is like sweeter than candy. I'm feeling manly, and your shaker's coming in handy.
Speaker 3: My god, my god, my god. It's like a birthday cake.
Speaker 5: To myself.
Speaker 1: I've never read the lyrics. This is aggressive.
Speaker 5: I've made that face.
Speaker 3: Do you think.
Speaker 1: Damn Rex and Effects wasn't messing around.
Speaker 3: The chicken babies?
Speaker 1: Slide down my cloth from New York down by your Virginia, tickling you around Delaware before I enter.
Speaker 3: Jeez, Oh, yeah, he's got there's a toll.
Speaker 1: There's a toll. He's paying the toll. And all he wanted to do was just zoom a zoom, zoom, zoom boom, just shake your That's all he wanted to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Bob Dylan just dug a hole in his backyard so he could roll around in his grave.
Speaker 1: What if he secretly loves Rumpshaker, I'm sure he don't, or publicly. What if he just announces it before every concert? I know I'm not gonna play rump shaker. I just want everybody to know that I love it.
Speaker 2: Would it be the best moment of your life if you went to a Bob Dylan concert and he closed with.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm gonna catch hell for this. But I'm not a huge Dylan music fan, so I would prefer if he opened her th rumpshaker so I could leave, you know, like, Hey, I was sweeting Bob Dylan did rumpshaker and it was awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he shook his rump.
Speaker 1: And then I got some cheese curds and left. Yeah. Hi, Marnie, who did you guys get on Bob Dylan rumpshaker. This show's dumb.
Speaker 3: We don't remember.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how do we get anywhere? The news is next? Marny's here, bonus is here. It's the Power Trip Morning Show on the from the one eight hundred. Ask Gary Trapp.