Speaker 1: You got that right. Thanks for tuning in. Something a right.
Speaker 2: It's a part of two Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Here's Zach.
Speaker 3: What's something Experience World class hockey in Minnesota, the twenty twenty six HF World Junior Watch that showcase of the future stars of the game and unforgettable tournament Securiors Tickets now at mnsports and events dot org and be part of hockey history.
Speaker 2: Thanks Bud.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thanks Budd.
Speaker 2: Hey, Fargo's over there, and so it's Ben Bet. Are you playing the Initials game tomorrow? I am, well, yeah, that's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: I'm going up to Ironwood, Michigan. Have you ever been to Ironwood, Michigan? Either one yet, I've never heard of it. Across you go, yeah, yeah, you go up through like Superior and then a crossover in the Michigan that way. You know, So five hours, it's only five hours, five hours, I know, ain't no bad, ain't no bad. So it's gonna be cold minus two for a high. But man, that's why that's why you got that fx R. Quit me keep you warm and I'll be in the booth going say you're you're inside right, Yeah for sure?
Speaker 1: Yeah, open doors open. How's that work?
Speaker 2: I know, windows closed? Baby? Yeah, yeah he's not right, Yeah, I don't need to experience it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm cool. Wasn't that one year? Is that the year you were sick? You got real sick of the game and Pa was like two degrees out in p had the window open because that's what he does.
Speaker 2: But I don't blame him. You got to feel the roof, man, but yeah, he does it to feel it, to be in the elements.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, oh yeah, yeah he got called a game with the with the windows closed echo.
Speaker 3: And yeah when he called the Wild two Wild games he did a couple of years ago. He insisted on being in like the sweet level area because he wanted to be around the fans and not like way up high in the press box.
Speaker 1: So it's outstanding. And he was very good. He was so good at that.
Speaker 6: Yeah he was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you go.
Speaker 2: I'm so we're supposed to do news.
Speaker 3: This is News with Chris Hawkins, presented by the twenty twenty six i HF World Junior Champions which is what you just talked about. But tell me one more time. Two weeks a little over two weeks from puck drop right now. So now's the time and Men's Sports and Events dot org go get your tickets. U s A has four preliminary round games plenty of other great games across between Grant Casino Arena and three Marina Mary, Chico.
Speaker 1: Get them now.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be a great week of week of hockey. Hoky okay, hokey, he's a great hockey.
Speaker 1: Two weeks.
Speaker 6: Two weeks in the high school hockey.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, a few a few weeks. We got by the way monam and I and War Tomorrow night and the fan. So who's doing that? Myself and Danny Ryan, So is that right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's it's all. It's all hockey, baby. Where's that game at? Uh and and Mona Mede? I Well, technically still Water San Hockey this year Hastings Hastings and they're very excited. And I love Hastings, uh Shaney, Della and the great folks down there at the They built a wonderful rink out there, so cool. Yeah, we United Heroes League all that. So yeah, it's a little bit like Field of Dreams feeling. Yeah, it's super cool.
Speaker 6: They had a team back in the nineties with like Ben you tech number venue in utech was like a golfer tight end. Yeah, big time hockey. I think he was a goalie. I think I think they got to I don't think I have the state right. So you don't think of hockey as like a haysting thing. But they they were, they were up and they still have. They've had some good players over the years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so they've got some any Cellerschellers Cellers Sellers.
Speaker 2: Let's see, I'll just give you a couple of silly stories. We'll get back to football. How about this? Oh yeah, this is good. We have a krispy Kreme downtown. It's enormous. It's out in Brooklyn Park Center. Which one would that be right off for four n.
Speaker 1: Four close to Yes Center somewhere around there?
Speaker 2: Okay, there go anyway. Krispy Kreme has a popular promotion coming back tomorrow. The donut chain celebrating December twelfth, also known as twelve twelve as the Day of Dozens. To mark the occasion, krispy Kreme is selling a dozen of their original glazed doughnuts for one dollar. What's another dozen at a regular price? Oh?
Speaker 1: Gotcha? Still price? Zac?
Speaker 6: You were just up there.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, I don't I don't remember much about that day anymore. That was, yeah, I I was like closer to like ten or eleven.
Speaker 1: Maybe, I don't know. I don't remember anything. Would anybody take on the challenge of eating the twelve donuts?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, because isn't that like a viral thing when you smash the donuts into like a ball of.
Speaker 6: Forty grams of sugar? How that we said it almost died.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what.
Speaker 2: He rolled it into a ball and ate the whole thing, and then I thought we were gonna have to call nine one. Yeah, and he weighed three hundred pounds.
Speaker 5: I know, like my boys were talking about doing I'm like, no, like, don't don't everts.
Speaker 6: We're talking about doing it?
Speaker 1: Did I say balls?
Speaker 2: You said boys? That's oh boys? Yeah yeah, wow man, that's not a good thing. But people are doing it on TikTok. That's a TikTok thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think you can do everything.
Speaker 5: Everything's on TikTok challenge and every super silly thing that these kids are all on TikTok. They all get as if our own, our own boy brains weren't worse.
Speaker 7: Like good point, Yeah, We weren't even doing it for like people's attention to go viral. We just did it to make a couple of dudes laugh. We were doing the same exact thing. Yeah, I was just doing it three dudes laugh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, coming up.
Speaker 5: With stupid ideas like I do it, Sauce, I doubled area.
Speaker 1: Okay, you buy, I'll do it.
Speaker 6: What was the MTV What was the MTV show the nineties that had all the guys you in the called the Jacks Jackass?
Speaker 1: There you go Jackass inspired jack Yeah?
Speaker 2: Uh oh, Saucy listened to this. Cases of winter vomiting disease are surging across the United States.
Speaker 6: Yes, skip Maynards last night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I couldn't do it. I should have yeah whatever, Yeah, No, you shouldn't have winter should I don't know, missed something.
Speaker 2: Feel bad about h CDC's wastewater survance. Testing has indicated the neuro virus spreading earlier and faster than usual. Each year, there are about two thousand, five hundred cases reported in the and this year cases have been on the rise, particularly with chubby guys out of a DINA. Health experts have encouraged vigilance through proper hand washing, well, forget that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and frequently.
Speaker 2: That's not the right word. Frequently disinfecting surfaces and avoiding direct contact with me. Telus Paul Laffert, Yeah, did you have winter vomiting disase?
Speaker 4: I'm convinced I had food poisoning. I feel a thousand times better than I did yesterday. A thousand times are.
Speaker 6: One hundred percent?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I'm probably ninety five. I don't think I remember one hundred percent.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so bad fa heeta seasoning.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 4: It was I ate these fijidas and at like midnight I got I didn't feel well. At three point thirty, I threw up. My wife got me a glass of water that I asked for. I took too much of it and I, Linda Blair, threw up off the side of my bed. It's terrible, but I feel great.
Speaker 2: Who cleaned it up?
Speaker 1: Oh? My wife?
Speaker 3: I threw up in the sink. Oh, you didn't even make it the second time you threw up. You threw up in bed, in bed.
Speaker 4: That's the worst. Please, dad, Yeah, it was not good. My wife's a saint. I'm very very very thankful saint. Yeah, WoT a couple of wins tell that story.
Speaker 2: I will or or well or don't? Or did you hear me talking abot Kenny Chesney on the way I did? Did you hear the super Bowl ring story?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, yeah that could have been yours, would have been yours, but instead they gave it to Kenny Chesney. They said he deserved it more than you. They said, do you think we.
Speaker 1: Would have given pants on the ground?
Speaker 5: Guy?
Speaker 1: You have to love that.
Speaker 6: Actually can get a ring.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So I'm listening to chesney book right now, and yeah and again on Howard Stern, he sounded like the best guy ever. And I and my friend Nick Hoffman played fiddle for him for fifteen years. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, he says he's a great guy. But in this book it's and he's reading himself and he's doing him his self, no favors, and just he's he just you know, but he's been living in this this outside of reality for so long that I think you just forget what it's like to be a real regular person, you know. So he talks about getting stressed out, and so I got home a G three and flew to the Bahamas for a month, and it really just changed everything. You should really think about doing that if you get stressed out.
Speaker 7: Okay, yeah, let me go do that.
Speaker 6: Ken butt John is where he's got his place. Yeah, there you go. Real his place I believe got destroyed in some major hurricane that came through. But I'm sure he just like every other guy. I just flew to the next island.
Speaker 2: That's probably right. So he's talking about the year the Saints won the Super Bowl and and he and the coach but whole Eyes became good friends. And he said they were going out for drinks one night and they were walking down the hallway at the Buttole Eyes's house and he goes, hold on second, Kenny, And he went in and got a box and he came back out, and Kenny.
Speaker 6: Goes, what is this?
Speaker 2: And he says he goes and he opens it up and it's a Super Bowl ring with his name on it. And the coach goes, Kenny, you were a part of this.
Speaker 1: Whole thing, gone Bottle Eyes.
Speaker 2: A nice thing to do, But still I hate Yeah, But how great is this team right now?
Speaker 6: So good guy is so good, Their defense is so good.
Speaker 1: I hate him.
Speaker 2: Go to man, Maybe maybe Texans defense can take.
Speaker 1: All we need him to win this weekend they play the Packers.
Speaker 6: Oh really at Green Bay Packers go to.
Speaker 1: The Packers are a favorite. There's a lot and a half point favorite.
Speaker 6: I'll take the Broncos anyone.
Speaker 1: No, I would take the Broncos and the Broncos are there.
Speaker 6: Broncos a favor Broncos plus two.
Speaker 5: I don't want that, hey Hawk, Yeah, buddy, you know how many people are in that New Orleans States organization that just threw their coffee against the wall when they heard that that probably didn't get a Super Bowl ring actually works for the team.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's right, right, and.
Speaker 5: They're like that son of a bee. Gave that guy a personalized Super Bowl ring? That four foot tall dude. God, I'd be hot. Yeah, because think about this. Do you think any one of us on the broadcast team would get a Super Bowl ring?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Well, Pa would, then you should.
Speaker 8: You were a part of it, all those players and coaches before. I would think it'd be had to fixed players and coaches. But you think it goes well beyond that all.
Speaker 1: The Oh yeah, I think yeah, he's just a fan.
Speaker 5: I mean I would say the communications staff, the equipment staff, the training staff, everyone, every everybody that touched the football would get a ring.
Speaker 4: Guys who got cut like mid season, I think get yeah.
Speaker 1: I think they get to choose. Yeah.
Speaker 7: I think it's like a team option kind of thing. Like if they're like, oh, this guy was a dude, she doesn't get it ring.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he would Rosie get a ring. You'd hope so deserved.
Speaker 4: Well that's the that's the opposite of that story is Schwartz and when he was on set after the nine on a Sandler movie and Sandler says, I need you to act like an adult today, and he goes, why he goes, Butthole Eyes is going to be on set and he's like no, no, and he like threw a fit and was pissed. Yeah, He's like, no, I hate that guy. I don't want any of that because Tyler or the guy Tyler Ladge, he's uh, he was he's a big Saints fan and he was like, no, I'm not I'm not talking to that.
Speaker 1: He was so pissed about it.
Speaker 2: That's funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he I think he.
Speaker 4: Also, I think Adam Sandler also got a Super Bowl ring.
Speaker 1: Well that'd be cool, but that's ridiculous. Kenny Cheesnay had nothing to do with it. Oh no, he had everything. He was part of the team.
Speaker 6: You're probably saying national anthem.
Speaker 1: Did he also hurt one of our offensive guys? Oh yeah, probably. He was putting money up for the bounties. Where the money came from? Was funding the bounty?
Speaker 2: Is the week fifteen? This week in the NFL?
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, that crazy said there's nothing he can do about it.
Speaker 1: You have to go in.
Speaker 6: And I got back in.
Speaker 1: I just did.
Speaker 2: I just got back in just now, and which is good because I just made my pick just now.
Speaker 1: Which whould you pick?
Speaker 2: I took the Eagles to beat the Giants?
Speaker 1: Oh oh yeah done?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sorry, Eagles to beat the Raiders.
Speaker 1: Chesney could beat the Raiders.
Speaker 2: You're part of the team.
Speaker 1: Part I love? How is now part of red Dead Redemption?
Speaker 2: I'm a fan. I can't help it, but that story just drove me crazy. Probably wouldn't have if it hadn't happened the way it happened. You know what I mean?
Speaker 6: You're reading the book? Okay, Yeah, I can't.
Speaker 2: I just choose not to. I'm not part of that team.
Speaker 1: I've had about enough for Kenny. Yeah, I have a plan. He just needs more time in the Bahamas.
Speaker 2: Hey, New Mexico or New Mexico State, New Mexico, and that's not the team where a dude went right.
Speaker 6: Jerry Hilly. Jerry Hill is at New Mexico State, That's right, Yeah, I mean it's they have a coach that's uh really kind of a different dude, really, you know, but they've really rallied around him. They actually had a really good year nine and three. Can you imagine losing to New Mexico in the bowl game. You have no idea who you're gonna have shown up, right, So I think, well, we'll break it down a little bit next couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: But they.
Speaker 6: They you know, you know, Ben and I have talked about this a little bit off air, like the Bowl games, the meaning of it, getting ready for twenty twenty six. I don't know. They're they got to find ways to make this somewhat meaningful. I will say this, The people that put on the Bowl games are the people that are funding a lot of those NIHL checks and that revenue sharing check. So student athletes pulling out of the Bowl games, you might want to think twice before you do that. This is that these are the people that are funding your your your lifestyle and your checks.
Speaker 2: But there's yeah, I mean I saw that side of it. To somebody else I heard made that point, I was like, yeah, I hadn't thought if that was Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but it's you know, it gives you a chance to be at the team. There is there's still is something in terms of development. It gives you some extra practice time if you think you need it. But I think the Bowl games have lost or luster. But mag gonna tune on in December twenty six and watch them play? Yeah, I probably will. But there's a feeling about the minute that Iowa State poll. I think Iowa State Minnesota maybe had a little bit of excitement and the headlines Matt Campbell's at Penn State. It's a little bit of a geographical rivalry. But New Mexico, like, I don't know, I struggle.
Speaker 5: Does your feeling about the Gophers change if they beat New Mexico or lose to New Mexico.
Speaker 6: If they lose, it kind of does a little bit.
Speaker 1: I mean I think next year.
Speaker 6: You know it just three it might change how people think about twenty twenty five a little bit. I still think when you when you look at the body of work, undefeated at home, couldn't win on the road, you know, had to come from behind versus Purdue and Rutt curs and and so I think there's a little bit of still mixed. I mean I talked to a lot of the fan base. It was a little bit of mixed thoughts in the year. Really excited that we got the Acts, but you have to go beat a New Mexico just to have a little bit of a statement of like, all right, twenty twenty five, maybe what wasn't as bad as it was, but it does is it ready? Does it help me feel better about twenty twenty six? No, not at all.
Speaker 2: Nope. But you know what gets Drake crazy legs Drake some more playing time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they've won six straight New Mexico Gophers.
Speaker 6: Yeah, are they aren't they? Nine and three nine three?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Gophers are two and a half point favorites right now on DraftKings.
Speaker 2: Let's think about it. We'll go to Hyve and think about it. Thank you for guys, too, buddy.
Speaker 9: Time now for the Vikings Report, presented by Hive, the official Growthery partner of the Minnesota Vikings. Linebacker Jonathan Grenard joins the Power Trip next.
Speaker 6: Thanks to Hi.
Speaker 3: Looking for a real connection this holiday, It's Just Lunch and kfan are giving one lucky listener the chance to win complimentary three month It's Just Lunch membership, the personalized matchmaking service that sets you up on fun, meaningful dates with people you'll actually want to meet. KFA dot Com cured contest to enter today.
Speaker 1: Hi Chris Harky, I am.
Speaker 6: I am for you. Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it. And it's time for some sports.
Speaker 9: It's time for a fan five on the Power Trip presented by All Around your timber Tech deck building contractor.
Speaker 3: The Minnesota Wild take on the Dallas Stars tonight right here on the Fan. The Wild coming off of a road trip which she was was fine. It was two and two chet I did, and tonight it was it was. It was like I said, there was good and bad. Certainly a lot of bad, but a lot of good too. And they came off with a four to one win on Monday night against Seattle, the Dallas Stars over a very very good hockey team. They have a twenty one in twenty one, five and five record and have won four straight, so not a great team you want to play especially when you're beat up like the Wild hour. But we'll learn more of this later this morning with the injuries and all that after morning skates. So again, seven o'clock puck drop right here on the fan, six forty five pregame with all Kevin Faulness and the crew.
Speaker 1: Did I make a massive.
Speaker 4: Mistake by not betting the Parish bit versus Corey? The Colorado Avalanche, probably Lightning, the Florida Panthers, and the Dallas Stars are all favored to win and have a bet in the playoffs at all.
Speaker 1: I don't think there's going to be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'll have every team in the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that'd be great.
Speaker 3: I mean, the Stars have forty seven points, the Avalanche have forty nine. In the Wild the closest to those both those teams at thirty seven, ten away from Dallas. So it's it's a been a dominant season by those those people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 3: And I pointed out last week like the Wild would be either they'd be leading the Atlantic Division, they'd be close to leading every other division. But because they happen to be with the Avs and the Stars, they're third. But they should. The good news is they're they're in a pretty.
Speaker 1: Good right now. Hopefully they can keep that going.
Speaker 3: Throughout the season and make their way back to the Stanley Cup playoffs and after that, who.
Speaker 1: Knows, who knows, who knows.
Speaker 7: How you been feeling about like the national games kind of broadcast presentation, Zacho. I was watching the crack and versus Kings game a little bit yesterday. I kind of I kind of like the teams like they're do. They're they're trying to make the national games a little bit better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, for the most part, T and T does a great job.
Speaker 3: They got some criticism last year because they had some playoff games where they called the games remotely, which wasn't great. But let's tn T, they got a good crew and ESPN though we'll see more of them now that when football wraps up, but they've they've done a good job. So uh yeah, I mean it's it's middle of the road now for this contract, the TV contracts, they'll renewing it a couple of years and hopefully the NHL can keep getting a ton of money because they have been very good financial wise, so hopefully that continues. But you never know, this bubble is going to burst eventually, but it's working for the NBA too. The NBA, man, they're the ratings are are way up because they've basically doubled their national TV inventory.
Speaker 1: So wow.
Speaker 3: I was watching the Wolves on Peacock the other day and it was, Yeah, it's.
Speaker 7: Like you got to look up what day it is to find out what where the NBA got.
Speaker 1: I couldn't. Yesterday I saw the Lakers game was on. I'm like, what the hell is it? It was on Prime. I guess. I guess Wednesdays are Prime Day.
Speaker 3: That Peacock, Prime, NBC, ESPN, ABC, Quibi, Quibi BT BT Wow Scooching.
Speaker 1: The Gold Network. Yeah, first, I love that network.
Speaker 3: The golfer basketball team men's basketball team fell to Purdue last night. They didn't cover the thirty points, just barely. Eighty five to sixty or eighty five to fifty seven was the final?
Speaker 1: Vegas always knows.
Speaker 3: Apparently Crocker Johnson scored eleven of the seven in the first half.
Speaker 1: What to call him that? Why would you say that? Imagine Johnson?
Speaker 7: You drop it was teammate Honky Smith.
Speaker 1: A h here's that cracker.
Speaker 10: Nico medven As the pointed, how we we played in the in the second half of our guys, you know, really handled it well in the in the first half. I mean, you know they're they're you know, an elite program for for a reason, and you know they picked up their defense in the second half, which you knew that they would. I don't think we responded very well to that, and you know, we missed some shots at the rim, I thought early in the in the first half, and then yeah, I'm sorry in the second half, and then the boy they went on that run and we just could not, you know, find a way to to stem the tide. And thought they just kind of broke our spirit.
Speaker 3: I like, man, it was two at the half. As he mentioned, they're great first half, it just kind of.
Speaker 4: Do you say they were thirty point favorites, thirty four underdogs?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the wind spread, Oh so they covered. I thought it was eighteen and a half.
Speaker 1: Well, you were wrong. I read, uh, I read somewhere that was there. Was it eighteen and a half? I think it was.
Speaker 3: We talked as yeah, we'll look it up later, but I thought that's what I could be wrong. I thought that's what Parker and I talked about yesterday.
Speaker 2: So you guys talked about a lot of things. Estoray're like two cats in a castle.
Speaker 1: We were having a castle, just having tea. Huh. We were sitting down this chef favorite Saturday morning carsoon.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, Hawks googled that cat's in a castle.
Speaker 2: Yep, that was you two yesterday, like two cats in a castle.
Speaker 1: He didn't say cats.
Speaker 3: The Vikings in action on Sunday night Ben Leber's seven twenty kickoff between the Cowboys and the Vikings. We'll talk more about that in Vikings US after the break. You know, the Cowboys are second in the NFC, is six six and one record.
Speaker 1: They are fighting like hell for playoffs.
Speaker 3: Bought the wild the Vikings, by the way, they're not eliminated yet. They just need about a billion things to happen, but they are not Matthew exactly out. Yeah, and the Wolves battle the Golden State Warriors tomorrow night, Max.
Speaker 1: It should be a fun one.
Speaker 3: Was one of those games that they haven't hadn't scheduled till like last week did the Emirates NBA Cup. But they will be back in action. Anthony Edwards had forty points in the Lost of Phoenix on Monday that ended the Wolves five game winning streak. But it's time to start a new winning streak. Max and Golden State Warriors could be a good team to do that again.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they've been. They've been really wishy washy this season. They're on a two game little win streak right now. And there, like you said, Anthony Edwards forty points. He's been on fire point games in the league. He's been incredible. If the Wolves had even just a couple more wins, I think he'd be mentioned more in MVP talks on a bigger market.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it's tough when there's shake.
Speaker 7: Gilles Alexander exists, and Nicola Jokich and Luka Doncic exists as well.
Speaker 1: And Dusty Yeah, he's back from Jamaica. In countdown, he's.
Speaker 7: Like a Dusty count They're not related, remarkably, they're not. They're not related. Yeah, but yeah, it would be. It should be a fun matchup between the Wolves and the Warriors. We get to see Steph Curry in action for the first time since last year's Game one in the second round against the Wolves.
Speaker 2: At least he's back.
Speaker 1: He's back. I mean he's been back all season, but the first time we locally here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was back for us, obviously, that's what I'm meant on me obviously. Yeah, you'll be watching, right, I've already watched it. Oh yeah in my brain, in my head.
Speaker 1: Oh you love basketball so much? Who wins? And how?
Speaker 2: I can't tell you? And hello and listen? Uh if I told you, then you go bet on the money?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I would.
Speaker 2: I can't do that for you, So stick around and talk about football. If you do a good job, I'll let you know.
Speaker 1: How about that kid, I don't know. I don't know if I can speak much about the game.
Speaker 4: Power trait Betts texted me and said Purdue was a twenty point fa Oh yeah, oh yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: Power trick Bets. Sorry, Justin and I we did settle on the Army Navy bet. I'm gonna take Army plus.
Speaker 1: Six and a half. He's gonna take the favorite and Navy.
Speaker 5: Is that right?
Speaker 1: Six and a half?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 1: There you go, yeah, yeah, there you go.
Speaker 2: Actually, we'll be back with Vikings, Nears and much more morning you after this.
Speaker 8: On the.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, we're getting our Chick fil a all dished out, So thank you, Saucy.
Speaker 1: Yes you bought it. Yeah, he bought it all.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 1: He's so sweet, such a nice guy. Is this you're a Christmas gift everybody? No, it's essentially in my car.
Speaker 2: My Christmas gift for you is Vikings News.
Speaker 1: Oh yes.
Speaker 2: On the Power Teah presented by Yeah let Go, says, series says the first stow, it's all happening. What's going on?
Speaker 1: Did I get hashy bees?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you take mine? So I didn't mine yet?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, give those because look he's fading away. I am, I haven't eaten in thirty six hours. Can help him?
Speaker 2: Stuff for hashy be in his brain is on the here.
Speaker 1: Oh no, this shy thank you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you go ahead, eat those man, because look at you.
Speaker 1: Oh I can't wait. That's what's in that tiny box his hash browns like little tots. Oh I thought it was. I thought it was like a Mickey Bee's little I haven't eaten in so long. That's your first thing? You happy?
Speaker 6: Yeah, look at you.
Speaker 2: You know what we're gonna do.
Speaker 6: Read you you just yeah you just litle face. Keep that mic off and this.
Speaker 2: Little face baby, And if you don't need enough, you can suckle, come on over.
Speaker 5: And if you're not willing to digest yet I can chew it for you your baby burden, Yeah I can, baby bird.
Speaker 7: You what I'm not gonna if the light did leave your eyes when you found out.
Speaker 6: You didn't have that.
Speaker 5: And no word di he say like, no, no, it's fine, you can said even They didn't even cross his mind.
Speaker 2: I know, because I really wanted those hash browns.
Speaker 6: But you can have them.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah you said that half heartedly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not even a quarter hard. It was just like all the hashy browns before you hands them over.
Speaker 2: Because of that.
Speaker 1: If you guys watch Purbus yet, No, it's like one hundred on. You gotta watch it. That first episode is you gotta watch? It's one of the best first episodes I've seen it in a long time.
Speaker 2: I've never seen anything like it. I've never seen anything like this.
Speaker 7: Same guy that for those that don't know, it's the same guy that made Breaking Bad Better called Sola. But it's like a sci fi kind of spin on.
Speaker 6: His normal I'm not gonna tell you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's best to go in blind. I didn't really know what it was about in the first episode. Will really it'll really grip.
Speaker 2: Just eat your hash is it?
Speaker 1: Apple? I needed them? I needed. You guys are one hundred percent right. That was a d head move of mine. I'm sorry. I was counting on you know. It's okay, bro, Yeah, they're yours round. I can take if you want. A person would have gone, it's cool, man, but I'm I'm hung him like a little bit. I'm hungry. The last eight is in my sink. I'm not a good person right now in your arms. You guys, get another sandwich? Could I have it? Are you done with that? There? We all eat that thoughts.
Speaker 2: Here's here's JJ McCarthy. He talked to the media yesterday. He talked about reads as a quarterback. Interesting stuff here.
Speaker 11: I feel like in every single offensive scheme, there's so many different types of read, peer progression, coverage, base squeeze reads, all these different ways of just be finding the open receiver. Peer progression is a great way to have an answer against every single coverage you start one, two, three, four, Uh coverage, base reads. It's kind of like, Okay, I got to make sure I diagnose and process this coverage and the right way at a quick enough time to be on time for that concept on that specific side. But uh, yeah, every single offense has them. It's just, uh, you know, how much do you have in terms of you to read?
Speaker 2: And it's interest. I know that was kind of convoluted, but listen to this because he goes a little different deeper into I hope it's this one one of them. I hope it's He talks about what happens after the snap and how you have to get rid of the ball so quickly check this out.
Speaker 11: I feel like the emphasis me personally on just watching the tape and self scout how many times could I put it in play as quickly and efficiently as possible, because that's just stacking positive plays and that's continuing the momentum of those drives. And I think, you know, the offensive line did a great job of protecting, great job getting their hands down and coach O'Connell called them at great times and you know, generated a great flow. So I feel like it's just putting it in play.
Speaker 1: That's the number one way.
Speaker 11: To you know, keep completions going and keep the drives going.
Speaker 2: Yep, that's not the right one. Let me let me try this. Yeah, okay, this is this might be the one. This might be the one because he talks about, you know, all those things you just said about the different reads, Ben, but you also have to throw in the idea that you got to make those reads while you're being chased by really big people.
Speaker 1: I think it's the rush, you know, that rush.
Speaker 11: It gets to you quick and you know they're doing so many things on the back end that yeah, you can figure out it's covered too, But by the time you figure out it's cover too, you're on your back. So just being able to you know, process quickly post snap and gather the information that you gathered pre snap to help you make that conclusion.
Speaker 1: Oh, I am not. I did say.
Speaker 7: Really, I saw a really interesting conversation about this with like the Kevin Seaffert and I think Kurt.
Speaker 1: Warner journed joined in on Twitter yesterday.
Speaker 7: Could you talk about the kind of peer progression thing, Ben, because from what I was reading, it was sounding like it used to be mostly like all read the defense, read the defense, read the defense. But now these defenses are so good that there's started to be more of like a combination between that and peer progression.
Speaker 5: Well, I think it is, as Corey would say, a little column A, a little column B. A lot of these we've heard from let's say a generation of quarterbacks in college, they don't have to read anything. There was never they were never really taught how to read a defense and what coverage there, and they just look to the side. The coach kind of tells them what side of the field they need to look at, what to scan, kind of who to throw to. So it takes a lot of mental processing.
Speaker 1: Out of it.
Speaker 5: So I don't even know from a young age are trained to actually break down coverages in real time. And then you actually get to the NFL, and then you have really creative defensive coordinators that can take a pure Cover two, find three different ways to get to Cover two based on pre snap the skies, and all of a sudden, you think one thing in pre snap the ball snapped. All of a sudden, now it just becomes just regular Cover two. But it takes a while to kind of mentally get there. And then you have to remember that these receivers they're given a lot of times, most like at least two routes to run, like one play in one play, if I'm if I'm getting they if they come down to bump man coverage, well then I have to run this sort of route on this particular play. If I feel like it's press and they actually bail, then I can stop my route and find an opening on this particular route. So you have to understand, and that's why they talk about that chemistry between quarterbacks and receivers.
Speaker 1: You have to think as the receiver.
Speaker 5: Would think in real time as they're running across the field of like, oh, do I have a guy chasing me on my back in man coverage? Zacho, hold on and then and then continue that so I can keep the separation as I'm going across the field, or that guy drops off and I'm actually gonna run to another person zone, I need to stop and sit down and find that void. So there's two different ways to run. Even just an over route or like a or like a shallow route where you think, oh, he's just going to go from this left hash to that and to the right numbers. Well he will in man coverage, but he won't in zone. He'll sit it down maybe at the right HASH spot. So I don't know how they do it, to be honest with you, I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's why.
Speaker 5: That's why truthfully, there's like what fit fourteen quarterbacks in the league that can probably win you a Super Bowl. Of the thirty two teams, only about fourteen that can actually do it.
Speaker 1: That's the thing that's good.
Speaker 2: It's a lot, but that's the job.
Speaker 5: But that's the job, and that's why you get paid the big bucks, and that's why you You do have to stand in there and take a hit and feel the pocket and do all of that stuff that's going on down the field and oh yeah, they're the pocket might collapse and now you have to escape and now you just have to play backyard football and then throw everything out so crazy, you know, even going back to last week, the way that they ran into some of the Cover three stuff is like they would have a standard Cover three looking deal where the safety is coming down to play that to one to fill one void, and then the ball snap and then he'll go play the corner spot and then the corner will play the linebacker spot and the linebacker will play the safety spot. So that's about as simple as I can break it down. But when you look at it on film, like, well, that's just Cover three. Yeah, but they got to it in a really kind of bizarre way, and the quarterbacks got to figure that out.
Speaker 1: How bad is this Dallas defense. It's pretty bad.
Speaker 5: The front four, front five, however you want to say it, because they do have five guys of the line scrimmage at times.
Speaker 2: That's delicious.
Speaker 5: It is delicious. Not if you're yeah, not if you're the opposing offense. It's not delicious. Got the linebackers are pretty terrible, and because some of the injuries in the secondary, they're not very good either. So it's really the back end of their defense is not good. They're front four in their defensive line, they're pretty good. They they can wreck a game just just with those guys, and that's why they you know, that's why they brought in quinnin Williams. They wanted to bring specific type of players to have like more of a team defensive rush versus just Micah Parsons who is just like a one man wrecking machine. And it's kind of working. But you can't exploit these guys defensively. The thing is, yes, their offense is good. They do score a lot of points. They're a really slow starting team. I think the math is in the last six games they average less than three points in.
Speaker 6: The first quarter.
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 4: So I think it was the same thing with the Commanders. They were a horrible first quarter. Yeah, yeah, yeah, you just quiet going to just keep stuff on your face. Three hash Brown, I'm surprised you're not actually done yet.
Speaker 2: I've talked for like, I'm surprised you haven't choked as much as your eat.
Speaker 1: I'm most so are you even chewing? Can chew? You guys are gonna eat all yours.
Speaker 2: You're beating all mine?
Speaker 5: Well, so yes, and an in a. You know, one of the keys to this game for us is truly starting fast. And I would it wouldn't surprise me if KOs does the same thing where he wins the toss and takes the ball.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love it too. It worked last week. Do it again?
Speaker 2: Yep. Back to one more thing on the coverages and stuff like that, because this is exactly what you just spoke about. Somebody asked JJ Mack about his chemistry with JJ, and he talked about this.
Speaker 11: You know, he sees the game come different than I do from his perspective and being able to see what he does on tape on the back side of things and me coming to the sideline and seeing something on the iPad and saying, hey, you know, maybe if we throttle this down right here and he calls it again. That's going to be you know, a nice void right there for you to sit and catch that ball. But it's just you know, growing along the way, we're seeing new defenses going against new players, new coaches, and there's going to be more obstacles that come, and it's just how good is our relationship and communication to be able to overcome those and you know, prepare us for future obstacles.
Speaker 2: Can I ask, is that what we're talking about when we talk about the games slowing down? Because all of those things happening in your brain at one time. If literally you can be thinking so quickly that the game slows down, then you can remember the conversation you have with JJ about that particular play twenty minutes ago on the sidelines.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think.
Speaker 5: I think when they say the game is slowing down, it is a combination of both coverage reads in pure progression and where that those worlds start to blend together. Where you're where you've seen so many coverages and then you've watched enough film to know that just by body language, you sort of have a better beat on what they're going to be playing. And so even though you're not training yourself to be, you know, in this coverage breakdown and like, oh, we're in coverage progression here, then it is sort of inherently because of all the reps that you've taken and everything you've seen, you just sort of get it, you know, and you're like, oh, I'm no longer fooled by these guys, you know, like a Harrison Smith yo yoing back and forth, and like what it doesn't matter because you know what, I figured out that it doesn't matter what he's doing. I just have to watch this linebacker over here, and if he adjusts his run gap, well, then that means that the safety is actually going to insert himself and be the run stopper there, So I don't have to look at that you ever.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, this just prepped in my mind. I've never thought of this before. As a linebacker on any defense you've ever played. Have you ever been looking at the guy lined up at defensive end, going, dude, you are You're you're giving it to them every play. They're watching you and they know what you're doing. You're you're giving it away every play for a teammate, like where you know one of your guys is giving him the sign that he's doing something.
Speaker 1: You know, it's funny.
Speaker 5: I never saw the game like that, Okay, but you definitely you get enough experience where you can look I can look at a formation when I was playing. I can't do it anymore, but I could look at a formation as they break the huddle and as they're getting lined up, and just by the way that they settle into their their stance, I mean a I'd be like, okay, it's a runner a pass, like I already I already have. I'm ninety percent certain it's one or the other, just by the way they stand there and they get in their stance. And then when you watch enough film and then you see the formations and the things that they can do in the way that the guys come, you know, come in motion and settle in motion, just by the way that they their eyes are looking, like if he's looking this way or this, like you can break it down like that that I would concentrate more on, like what our guys were doing.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know.
Speaker 5: And but the thing is you have to self scout yourself too, because like, okay, on certain blitz, is what am I tipping? What am I showing you're trying to make everything look the same. It's just like a you know, if Corey was sitting here, it's like a card player. You want every every hand to look the exact same. He did pass away and we're happy about that. Yeah, it sounds like he'll be back tomorrow though from the dead. So I think that I think that in your world hockey, when you play with your band members and nobody else knows that they missed a note, but you do.
Speaker 1: You weren't thinking about them missing a note.
Speaker 5: You just knew it sure, and like you you know based on how they move around the stage where you can move around the stage and you don't have to choreograph that, you just know it. So it's kind of the same dance when we're on the field, is like you see it enough times. And that's why I think, you know, for all of us here to be hyper hyper critical about either JJ McCarthy is the guy or isn't the guy? You we still probably need about thirty to maybe thirty more starts before we really really know.
Speaker 1: Well said, let's.
Speaker 2: Give it to him. Yeah, you know, I like it be a fun game to watch on Oh, I can't wait, so it's going to be great. And again, with that defense being what they are, whether we win or lose, there's another chance for us to see some good stuff out of the quarterback.
Speaker 1: He could put up some big numbers. Yeah, they're that bad. They lead the leads.
Speaker 2: That is that an overstatement?
Speaker 5: No, that's not an overstatement at all. I mean they have historically, through this whole season, given up a lot.
Speaker 2: Did you just create a word did you say pistorically?
Speaker 1: Yeah, historically that's host historically.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're so bad. It's historic historic or it's like past history yeah historic, Yeah, it's pi historic.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, wow, that's a happy accident. Yeah, it's kind of like. So I was on the Twin City is Live last week. We were talking about, you know, in Minnesota, everybody's so nice. Everybody leaves that little that little like crumlet that's left on like let's say an appetizer, like nobody nobody's like, nobody takes the last one.
Speaker 1: And then out of no where, I just said, that's the Minnesota morsel. That's great too, And yeahs like did you just come up with that? I'm like, I guess I did. I don't know. He's like that should be that should. That's what we should.
Speaker 3: We were talking about why the quarterbacks make the big bucks. That's why you make the big bucks.
Speaker 1: And morsel, are you gonna eat the rest of that hawk? I canna be morsels left over there.
Speaker 2: I've got nothing left. You've eating it.
Speaker 1: Well, you've been playing music for five minutes. Go to break so I can eat the