Speaker 1: How is everybody doing on a Monday? Not bad?
Speaker 2: How are you doing?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Okay, better, I'm done, I'm better. Whatever's going around, I'm just gonna tell you stay as far away from it as you can. It is not a good time. It is as bad as one would think. And I've heard like a lot of people saying, I don't know if I got the flu or whatever. I mean, I still sound sick. I think a bit. You can still hear it in my voice.
Speaker 4: The allergens and the all of a sudden it's eighty degrees and then thirty something degrees. So I can completely understand why your body is confused.
Speaker 1: I mean, other than getting a quick walk every day and going out barely here and there, I mostly have just been.
Speaker 2: Kind of just just hanging out.
Speaker 1: I've most been staying inside where the only allergens I got to dodge or the dog and the cat. But that is a serious mission in and of its really. Yeah, I kids one of the very very together. It's pretty easy to dodge your cat. Your cat.
Speaker 2: Your cat just kind of hides half the time. It's not untrue, Yeah, it's not untrue.
Speaker 1: All right, we got a lot to get to today, as always come hang out with us on the show.
Speaker 2: How do you join us?
Speaker 1: Well, as I said, record a dispatch over at the neewsjunkie dot Com.
Speaker 2: Right now, let's.
Speaker 1: Put our ears on the ground, our fingers on the pulse, let's see what's happening in this great, big, wide world of ours.
Speaker 2: And we go to well the Golden Globes.
Speaker 1: Everybody, yes, yes, didn't see a second of it. Well, nobody saw this sea laning. Nobody saw what you're about to see after you're You're not just the only one who's hearing this for the first time. Almost nobody saw this because it was censored on the Golden Globes. That's what they're doing. The man is holding people down at censoring folks over there.
Speaker 2: What did Snoop Dogg say?
Speaker 1: What did get bleeped out that Snoop Dogg said at the Golden Globes, let's lose it in.
Speaker 5: You all the winners, but the real winner. What was he presenting?
Speaker 1: He said, I'm high as an MF for right now, which surprise I never questioned when it's him, like, I'm like, he probably is, Yeah, I mean yeah.
Speaker 4: The man successfully smoked a blunt at the Super.
Speaker 6: Bowl at the super Bowl at a white house. I think it's I mean yeah.
Speaker 1: And I feel like you can just if you're a Snoop Dogg, you could just do it. You know, when you're a celebrity, they just let you do things.
Speaker 2: I would be surprised I've heard that before. I was surprised. It's weird that I've heard like almost those exact words.
Speaker 6: You just yeah, I'd be surprised if super Snoop Dogg showed up not high to somewhere.
Speaker 7: You know, he's showing up high.
Speaker 4: But it is the smoking right before he goes on stage that everyone's like, is he doing it?
Speaker 7: Does he have a cloud that is trailing him as a local in the stage right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's like the kid from Peanuts, a little little little green cloud behind it. He goes over, he's giving out the Podcasts Award and he's like, everybody's a winner, nah, and then he just looks out. He's like, I am so.
Speaker 2: But the real winner.
Speaker 1: He's trying to read it. Y'all have me here too, damn long. The winner is good. Hang yeah, good, hang with Amy Pohler. I no garbage, absolute garbage. How did we not even get considered We're the number one podcast in an entire state in the United States of America.
Speaker 2: True, we're not.
Speaker 1: Even in the same breath as these people. The Hollywood folks look down their noses at this tiny little news junkie show over here.
Speaker 2: Nobody's interested, you know what it is.
Speaker 7: Florida was very interested, and that's why I were number one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, in California. Apparently not a single one of these celebrities was rocking a news junkie shirt or something.
Speaker 6: I'll tell you what though, they didn't even have a podcast category at the Golden Globes until they had enough celebrities with podcasts to give the Golden Globes too. They're not gonna give it Golden Globes to Sea Lane. Let me be the only real person on a planet Earth for you.
Speaker 1: These podcasts awards that they give away have nothing to do with podcasting and everything to do with getting celebrities together so you can have a big celebrity event. That's what they are. Our own company, I love them, They're great. Buy their stock. iHeartRadio. Our own damn company does the same stuff. We throw a podcast awards event, one of the biggest ones every single year. You know, how many iHeartRadio podcasts win our own awards like two all right, like the Breakfast Club and whatever is coming out of New York Elvis Duran and the Zoo or whatever they're they're gonna win some some side awards and everything else is gonna be about getting the celebrities there. It's nothing to do with the art of podcasting if you can say that, but I think you can. Congratulations and he how to Amy Pohl. Yeah, yo one, you beat us fare and Square.
Speaker 6: There's something nice about probably like being able to beat your ex.
Speaker 2: I sure just publicly beat your ex at something.
Speaker 1: SmartLess Yes, SmartLess was also up for the Best Podcast of the Golden Globes, the first time they've ever done this, and Amy Poehler being the X of what's his name Willarnette will Arnette is she won? She won. She bested him on this front. Although the guys on SmartLess have made quite a bit of dough process, so everybody's all right.
Speaker 2: I think they're doing okay all there.
Speaker 4: Something else that won was marijuana because Snoop Dogg has been smoking weed for decades now and he was still so high that he had to say it.
Speaker 2: On the microphone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know it says something Snoop Dogg is how old?
Speaker 1: Fifty something? No, WHOA, I can't take that. Don't tell me he's fifty four, fifty four, he's fifty four years old.
Speaker 2: He's bad, guys.
Speaker 1: I think Snoop Dogg the government might want to grab him for a little while.
Speaker 2: Him and Lil Wayne.
Speaker 1: I think we need a new MK Ultra and we need Lil Wayne and Snoop Dogg because this is showing you the effects of like thirty and forty years of pretty intense marijuana smoking, and like the federal government, because it's been illegal, hasn't been able to do these studies. Now there are, They're on the forefront here, they are doing it right now.
Speaker 4: And they both have led two very different lives. I mean, Snoop Dogg is BFF with Martha Stewart. Snoop Dogg is hosting Olympic events.
Speaker 1: I can understand Snoop Dogg. That's one thing that I tend to give him on the prosumn Snoop Yeah, I mean, I love Lil Wayne. I think Lil Wayne is probably one of the greatest rappers of all time, and it was really fun to see him live but Lil Wayne when he's talking hails jam what like a little alien or something like like Marvin the Martian with a joint in his hand. So I kind of love that about him. But anyway, smoking is coming back. I see that in a broad daylight happening in front of us. I don't know if you saw this or just a cigarette the whole damn thing. I talked the other day about about Dave Chappelle and his new stand up where he tried to keep a cigarette lit the whole time unsuccessfully, and at the Golden Globes, Sean Penn, who's reached certainly, I don't give an f age, just lit up a cigarette at the table and just starts puffing on us.
Speaker 2: You know what I did right.
Speaker 6: Before I went to bed last night, watched what NICKI Glazer's monologue because I remember a bunch of Sean Penn jokes like she basically was just roasting doing the roast thing on everybody in the thing. That Leonardo DiCaprio joke hilarious.
Speaker 1: I want to get to her in a second in her performance and what we think about that. But he just lights up a cigarette in the middle of this venue. I know, there are some rules about being on stage and smoking cigarettes. Yeah, so mean Dave Chappelle can do it. Yeah, But this is an effort to bring us back to the days when people were just smoking amongst us, smoking amongst the rest of us.
Speaker 6: I think I think it goes back to that quote that you were quoting earlier, like when you're a celebrity, they let you do what you want.
Speaker 1: They do. Sean Pen just does it and he's.
Speaker 7: Like, yeah, camera Pen lighting up the square, please.
Speaker 1: Yeah, take this dart out of my cold, dead hand. And nobody's gonna do anything. Nobody's gonna do anything. And we're going back to these days. These are the days. We're going back to when you would go into the Applebee's and there was like a partition that wasn't even going all the way to the room.
Speaker 6: So that used to drive my mom nuts. It was like, not only do I want non smoking, I want to sit the farthest from the smoking people because the difference often is that what we're looking at right now.
Speaker 1: It's like a partition. There's a plight, there's like holes in the windows, and the smoke is going from one place to the next. We are headed back folks, this is what's happening. Do you want this world where smoking comes back into vogue? Yeah, where the smokers can crawl out of the shadows and openly puff on their cigarette.
Speaker 7: There's only five of us left. I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 1: Now that I'm not a member of the crew, and it's solely Sabrina left over. My interest in fighting for this this minority group has drained entirely, more so than any other minority group. It's just completely drained. I'm not here to fight for the smokers, but I see it coming back.
Speaker 2: Sound like you are.
Speaker 1: I see it coming back, right, Okay.
Speaker 4: Why do you smell cigarette either on someone or the whiff that first light?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 7: Do you hate it?
Speaker 1: Or? Like I remember, I'll tell you, when I smell a cigarette, or when I look at somebody like Cheanpenn smoking a cigarette, it almost never entices me to want to smoke. It's usually the clue people doing it in movies.
Speaker 4: That's not untrue, because there's so much cigarette smoking these days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're they're a TV They're bringing it back in TV shows and movies a little bit too. And it is like when you just see something bring it to the cartoons, where Fred and Marty it's coming back. Do we want this everybody? Do we want to mainstream cigarette smoking again? We worked all the smokers out. We told them you can't even smoke in front of the restaurants. Now you gotta go to like this. You basically have to in all aspects of life. You have to go to like in uh Atlanta's airport, the very famous yellow room where you can set in there.
Speaker 2: Sad and get cancer ward moist.
Speaker 7: Yeah, like, you can't even ash a cigarette. It kind of just like.
Speaker 4: Sticks together and you look at everyone else and wonder like, are you the same age as me?
Speaker 7: Or you've just been smoking longer?
Speaker 1: It's coming back. Sean Penn just openly smoking at the Golden Glows.
Speaker 4: He's the group chat because it is actually coming back in crazy ways.
Speaker 1: Show up that that that that's a crime.
Speaker 2: What's happening? Hang on, I'll pull this.
Speaker 7: I'm he's an adult.
Speaker 4: He's an adult and he can make the choices that he'd like to make.
Speaker 1: He's not making Your dog is smoking.
Speaker 2: Now, This is how far smoking is.
Speaker 7: How cool Carl looks.
Speaker 2: Carl only looks cool for two reasons. He looks like Elton John. If it were a dog.
Speaker 1: One Carl in the photograph that we're all looking at here Sabrina's tiny little dog barely dog territory looks cool because he has sunglasses on number one with a cigarette in his mouth, and number two, if his paws were not crossed like this, he looks like he's like, he's so fancy.
Speaker 4: He's like, you know, the only thing that some of dogs takes.
Speaker 6: Over the dirty mark Tavy not make the photo not.
Speaker 7: The only thing that is unreal in the photo is the cigarette.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that boy loves him a pair of sunglasses and we'll keep them on his face.
Speaker 1: That's because we've found out is Carl's true ages nine hundred and seventeen years old, and he has no idea the glasses are on him right now. He's just wandering through his little lie brick of it. Did he get a haircut too recently? This little guy that looks great, he looks fantastic.
Speaker 4: Thanks, Yeah, smoking his back.
Speaker 1: Are we are we accepting what's happening here at the Golden Globes. They're putting it on display in front of us. Are we going to let the smokers back into the mainstream or are we going to shove them back into the shadows and push them out of here. We'll see what you think about that. As we roll on today, I've got some more moments from from the Golden Globes, and I want to talk, as Selim was doing there for a second about Nicky Glazer and her performance, because there's some interesting things to touch on there and I've got to take on that. We've also got the ice protests that happened over the weekend. Most importantly, these are Anian protest where incredibly brave people have been taking to the streets even in the United States. They've found themselves in danger with a U haul driving through them, which is just insanity that we'll get through. There is a lot happening in the world's most viral newsroom, so stick with us today. Amy Kaufelt on the Way and so much more. It's all coming up next on the News Junkie. So I want to get into what we thought of the monologue and all the roast jokes and all of that stuff, and some of the twists and turns and things. But there's a new conspiracy making the rounds about the show and the Golden Globes, not our show, and I've not the first I've seen of this, and there's people who think that.
Speaker 2: I'm faking it, that I am like this whole.
Speaker 1: Thing about me being sick for the last handful of days is fake.
Speaker 2: And here's one of the examples.
Speaker 1: This is Casey and Kara listening in West Palm Tips at the neewsyunkie dot com. Sean, we're happy you are back from your sickness, it says it air quotes. Yet after watching your latest Instagram post, I'm thinking it wasn't just an illness, but instead a transformation into Sean two point zero with a new look. Especially in the hair department. They think I got hair transplants. That's what the I started to do a thing. I started it today where before the show, I'm like, hey, here's some of the things we're talking about today, streams coming up at eleven, get the podcast afterwards for stories on Instagram and Facebook, and just putting up some quick content to promote the stream each day in the podcast. And it only takes a second. But yesterday, when I was trying it out and getting it ready, I did the first one. I did it without my hat on, and I didn't even think about it. Like, I just sat at the desk. I was getting the lighting right, and I just kind of winged the whole thing. And as I'm blabbing and yapping and recording this, what the hell was that.
Speaker 6: Looking through your Instagram you're watching my video? Did you nuke all your old posts?
Speaker 1: Uh? Yeah, I do it all the time. Yeah, at least what's every year? So I just delete everything that's old and great for the algorithm. By the way, this is why my Twitter account is so insanely successful. Just nuking that thing every year is just really great for the algorithm. But he says, just joshing with you, wish all of you the best in the new year. Hopefully you can give us down south in West Palm Beach it heads up your live broadcast this year so we can attend's Casey and Kara listening in West pomp Thank you for the email.
Speaker 2: There's no truth to these rumors.
Speaker 1: Hang on, I'll bring it up on on Twitter ceilings showing it. I mean, it's just I was at the desk getting ready to do the video.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but what I can tell, I mean that shirt isn't as blue.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, I got grays, I got some grays in my hair and even my beard. I you know, girlock cops found overall hundred bodies at his house. We'll talk about that later. But no, I didn't get hair transplants. I know. This is just what I look like without a hat off.
Speaker 2: It was just what happens when you never see somebody's hair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, look, I mean my hair is thinner than i'd like it to be, and I've got some problem to spots, and I'll probably do something about it here this year, at some point in time. But the conspiracy is not true. I was actually sick. I've been sick here for for like now, I think six days or something, five six days. It's been miserable fighting this crap. And I hope you don't get it. So if you see anybody sneezing or coughing in public, run run the other way as fast as you can. Hearing people at hawking into something running grapefruity right there, Well, it was a little bit. I've had to practice that too. That ready, what Well, I was sick. It's just it's the smartest thing I could I could possibly do. All right, let's see here the golden globes were last night. Golden Globes are TV's and movies.
Speaker 2: TV's movies and podcasts NOW.
Speaker 1: And podcasts Now except for US, not US, but TV's TV shows with TVs. How much of this medicine has gone to my brain? We're TV's, I'm saying, TV shows, movies and podcasts that aren't the news Junkie are invited to participate in the Golden Globes. And I played Snoop Dogg, who got dumped during the broadcast at the beginning. But I have to tell you the incredibly lovable Roseburne. Her moment was my favorite. I don't know, do you guys hear this at all? Oh god? Rose burn is a weirdo. You might know her from Neighbors, the first one which was okay before Seth Rogan became insufferable. Bride's aids for sure. She was in the second one of the Neighbors series, which was not good but or not as good. But she's she's in a lot of stuff, Rose Burn and she's I believe Australian.
Speaker 7: She's Australian.
Speaker 4: She's also doing very well on Platonic with Seth Rogen as well. And then it was she up for if I something if I have legs, I'd cut him off or something. Or new movie something about cutting off her legs.
Speaker 7: Really I haven't. I haven't watched yet, but I've watched the trailer like three times.
Speaker 1: She should go method for that and actually cut off. Yeah, that's that's how you really bringing a full, full stretch there. But uh, she had one of my favorite speeches at any award show of all time.
Speaker 2: Uh, just because.
Speaker 1: I love how weird she is. Here's Rose Burn at the Golden Gloves, right.
Speaker 8: I want to thank my husband Bobby, come bully. He couldn't be here because he's getting a band of dragon and then he went to a reptl xpoe.
Speaker 1: She's crying. I thought she was gonna be like, you know, my child's undergoing surgery at M and there there are a handful of decent excuses not to be there, for when your wife wins a golden globe. Uh huh, getting a bearded dragon and going to a reptile convention.
Speaker 2: Is not one.
Speaker 1: And it is lame, she says, she just and she just says it just non chalant.
Speaker 7: Was my husband, Bobby, come Molly.
Speaker 8: He couldn't be haled because he's getting a band of dragon and he went to a reptel expoe, thank you, thank you baby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go, I have legs. I'd kick you there. That is the name of the movie.
Speaker 7: Sorry about the cut off.
Speaker 1: What did you call it?
Speaker 4: I said, if I had legs, I cut him off. Maybe that's the sequel title.
Speaker 7: I do not know.
Speaker 1: Oh, I think she's great. I think she's Grey's worth.
Speaker 7: You know, sidebar, Christopher.
Speaker 4: Bearded dragons can be very dangerous if you don't handle them properly.
Speaker 7: Oh, but the diseases that they have.
Speaker 1: Is am I on the right one. A bearded dragon is like maybe maybe seven inches long.
Speaker 7: What's on them?
Speaker 2: Like, what's on them?
Speaker 1: Diseases?
Speaker 7: If not cared for properly, which I feel like.
Speaker 2: Give them in the wrong expo exactly.
Speaker 4: Or lessons be had, you know, some sort of Q and A at that expo that you could I mean, kids especially get very very sick.
Speaker 1: You can tell me you're scared of this thing.
Speaker 2: You're scared of this and you're scared.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying, I would, you know, be very careful and go to expos to learn.
Speaker 1: For the people who don't know it's a lizard, it's a it's a lizard that you get and you put in.
Speaker 2: Like a dragon.
Speaker 7: It's in the name John.
Speaker 1: And they are little guys, but they are adorable. And that's where her husband is at reptile convention, getting a bearded dragon instead of seeing his wife win a golden globe. Personally, I think I would rather go see my partner win the golden globe.
Speaker 6: People get paid to write jokes like that. That's not something that I mean, It just doesn't sound normal. Go to the next day of the convention or something.
Speaker 1: Man. Yeah, and those conventions are a wild time if you've ever been to like a weird off the wall convention.
Speaker 2: But when Courtney and I went to the cat.
Speaker 7: Convention that she's still so jealous of that.
Speaker 1: She was like, you want to go to this cat convention at the Marriott or wherever it was, And I was like, okay. We paid twenty five bucks and we went to the cat convention and it was like, I don't know why I was surprised, but it was.
Speaker 2: One room, one small ballroom.
Speaker 1: In this hotel and it was the most interesting character. It was like, I wanted there to be a spin off of Best in Show about the cat world and the cat shows because of the characters that I saw there was it was really really something. But I find it refreshing, I really do. I find it refreshing on somebody like Rosebery and going up there and not doing these like very performative political stances and you know, all the expected Hollywood stuff and and there's just so much of that. It's my personal reason why I'm just so bored of these sorts of award shows. And I want to say something here because I don't know if this is is set enough on a day like this, especially when I saw a lot of articles that were smashing Nicki Glazer for her hosting job, like page six said the twenty twenty six Golden Globes flat lined after ten minutes?
Speaker 7: Did it okay? Page six?
Speaker 1: So they said that's what the that's what their tick was. It was like, oh, how tiring they were, And you know, they said, uh, well, yeah.
Speaker 6: That could be taken a different way if I was Nicky Glacier and I delivered my ten minute monologue and they said it flat lined after that. It seems like a really.
Speaker 2: Good like mark for me.
Speaker 6: That's that's a compliment because they're like the Nicki Glazer part good and afterwards snooze Fest.
Speaker 1: Yeah that means I was when it was live. Yeah, Beating Heart and Nicki Glazer. If that's what the reviews are saying today, and I don't know if they are. I didn't go around and read all the reviews, but let's just say that that's an example of some overall vibes that's going on out there. I think that people who write this stuff are overall dumb and have bad taste, and some of you should listen to just quickly here, because you at some point in time you have to realize there's a lot of people around you who just flat out just have bad taste. Like everything they recommend to you, and don't get on me for butt boy here, that's a bit. Everything they'll recommend to you. They'll start to tell you, like, hey, watch this, and every time you watch it, you're like, dude, that was so bad, like that it was so bad, the food was bad, the place was bad. All their recommendations are bad. It's because there's a lot of people out there who have bad taste, just really really bad taste. A lot of people judge based on like political things now, which is so lame.
Speaker 2: In twenty twenty six, Nicky.
Speaker 1: Glazer is one of the few remaining based presenters. Like I don't want to say comic, because even though she's a comedian, this is a job for a presenter. That's what you do when you're like doing an award show. And Ricky Gervais doesn't get to do it anymore. And he was, in my opinion, the best of the best.
Speaker 4: I love this Ricky went on because he just stopped everything.
Speaker 7: She didn't care everyone out.
Speaker 1: He didn't care about winning over friends in the audience. That's what you need. And Nicki Glazer also is not like predictable, safe opinions all the way down the line, which again is so boring and yawn filled to me, She's all over the place. I dig it. I like it. I like that she's going after people. I thought that she said something pretty funny, even though you know, the Leonardo DiCaprio jokes kind of write themselves if it's a little bit expected. But she said to Leonardo DiCaprio or something like, what a career you've had. The most impressive thing is you've been able to accomplish all of this before your girlfriend turned thirty. Which is a pretty good line. Actually, consider, like you're gonna make a joke about Leonardo DiCaprio always being with younger women, you've got to twist it in a new way that people haven't done that before.
Speaker 2: I thought she was good.
Speaker 1: I think we need to when we have somebody who stands up and isn't afraid to call out the people in the audience and still is not like you. There's so many of these celebrities that will sit there with these puss faces on and the audiences of these award shows, and if you dare to come after them, they'll like mean mug you and like you know, kind of cry believe their way through things. I hate that. I think that's so lame, empathetic, Excuse me. And I think that Nicki Glazer is one of the few people left who can sling it like it should be slung.
Speaker 6: I think what she did to Leonardo DiCaprio after the obvious joke was even better because she cited an interview that he gave with teen Beat magazine in like nineteen ninety one, and it's one hundred percent reel. Somebody tweeted out a picture of it where it's like young ass growing pains. Leonardo DiCaprio, Okay, I can see him there on your age. Yeah, and it's like favorite this they did it favorite and uh favorite foods, pasta, pasta and more pasta.
Speaker 7: Has that changed?
Speaker 1: That took some took some work. That took some work for her to dig that up. That doesn't come easy. No, no, no. And like I said, all the other celebrities are doing like jud Appatow. Bro come on, I mean, they're all doing this same thing. Here's jud appas ten years ago. You know, since we've had COVID. I believe we're a dictatorship now. And uh so maybe he's maybe he's tossing it off, maybe he's joking. But this is like the thought process of a lot of these people, which is hilarious considering what we were seeing happen in Venezuela and Iran right now. But the stuff up there where it's like, I believe we're in a dictatorship now. Hey, by the way, here's all my safe opinions. Wanda Psyke's with the same five woke jokes over and over and over. It's so cringe. People are done with this. They want to have fun and see people who have the ability to make fun of each other. And in my personal opinion, I think that Nicki Glazer is one of the best at it, and I salute her the job well done. I say to you, bringing up all of the things, making fun of all of the people and still doing it in a day and age when you know people don't like to do that as much. It's a lot of cringe, a lot of cringe. But she cut through it at least a bit. That's all. They had Paul Market advertising up on the walls. Yeah, Pauly Market has so much money now that they were like people were live betting on who is going to win the next awards, and they could throw the money at Hollywood and be like, we will give you this amount.
Speaker 2: Of money to turn this into a horse race.
Speaker 1: We want people to be able to purchase bets and bet forward against the celebrities who are going to be winning or the movies or whatever.
Speaker 2: So they were in attendance there.
Speaker 1: They're the Polymarket live predictions board up in the event venue there. Okay, when we come back, we'll talk about actual dictatorship stuff, because for a bit we have to talk about Iran and the brave people who are taking to the streets. When you protest in Iran, it's not like when you protest in the United States of America. And when you protest in Iran, you could end up in a pile of allegedly up to like two to three thousand dead bodies of people who have braved the streets against a real dictatorship to try to bring about some sort of democracy and top top of a theocracy in their country. If you don't know what any of this means, I'll explain it quickly and we'll move on to the next thing. But I want to talk about that. I want to talk about Daniel Sterearn from home alone getting getting really hit with in you know, it's like a a tough way if you didn't see the story about him. We'll talk about that in a whole lot more as we get geared up for Amy Kauf felt too before too long.
Speaker 2: It's all coming up next in the news. Chunk key.
Speaker 1: I think this is so wrong, and I mean, there are things to pick apart here, but like to me, this is one of the low level things where I just cringe at.
Speaker 2: The media all the time when I see stories like this.
Speaker 1: When you have stories like the ultra viral one from this weekend where one of the dudes from Home Alone got caught with the hooker. Right, I don't even like I don't know some of the stories of the bust. I'm guessing it was like an undercover prostitute, so there really isn't any crime going on.
Speaker 2: The whole thing's fake.
Speaker 1: In my opinion, those kind of busts are ridiculous because there's no real crime taking place. Like, how do you have a drug bus when there was no drugs that would have been purchased? How do you have a prostitution bus if the prostitute wasn't even real and the person wasn't even going to be able to get a shot at having sex with them to begin with.
Speaker 6: Didn't didn't some of the Chris Hansen deals like get thrown out of court because there was no actual underage person involved.
Speaker 1: It's true, exactly, Yeah, because there weren't real kids. It wasn't solicitation of an actual miner. And then I think afterwards they started to get some actual miners to start talking. So let's get some real hookers in on these bus. Okay, all right, yes, to live.
Speaker 7: You know, along their non hooker life moving forward.
Speaker 1: I would say, and this is just a wild radical idea on my part, that maybe we should let consenting adults make deals with each other. I would say that maybe we should, like, you know, like if Daniel Stern's wife, Daniel Stern from home alone, if his wife, because I believe he's married, if his wife is upset with this, well yeah, then his wife, if she didn't know that he was getting a prostitute, has every right under the sun to be upset. But Martha from Albuquerque doesn't have any right to like wring her pearls over the home alone guy getting a prostitute? Who cares? Why do you care? And the only reason this stuff exists is so they can go this is a sweet childhood thing. But look at the dark side.
Speaker 7: Really so much so they didn't even arrest him.
Speaker 2: It was a ticket, you know, you got a freaking ticket. That's why there was no mugshot.
Speaker 6: And also it happened in the middle of December, so I think I don't know who reached out to TMZ and went like, did you guys not notice the home alone guy got yeah?
Speaker 1: And and to make everything worse, you know, they use like this this scary looking photo of him.
Speaker 2: He is, he's up.
Speaker 1: To no good out there, and then they fill the story like every other news outlet with all the stupid home alone jokes, right and or just straight up hooker references like yeah, sounds like Daniel Stern and if you don't know, he was Marv, it was Marv. Yeah, from the you know the bandits in Home Alone.
Speaker 7: Taller bad guy.
Speaker 1: He's a taller bad guy. Yeah, a guy who got like the uh iron hit on his face. They got beat up many different ways in that movie, as you know. But sounds like Daniel Stern didn't want to be home alone because cops issued him a citation for allegedly trying to hire an escort. The Home Alone start got busted in Camarillo, California, after cops said he was trying to bust with the aid of some hired help. Like that's why they're doing this. They're doing it so they could write like a cutesy little story about a guy trying to get a hooker who cares. Jan Forstman tell us Daniel was cited for so listening prostitution on December tenth, Like.
Speaker 2: Sielan said, this is over a month ago.
Speaker 1: It was smacking the middle of the Christmas season, when his Home Alone movies are typically doing big streaming numbers, and he decited a hotel, Like, how could he possibly have done this when he's in this family friendly Christmas movie?
Speaker 6: Did you guys know that Marv had a last name in Home Alone?
Speaker 2: I wouldn't know what it was.
Speaker 1: I don't know sure you would know what it was, unless maybe when they show like the Snakes the I think in either one or two, they have a newspaper that says, like the Wet Bandit's escape. Yeah, I think two, So maybe if you look closely at the newspaper it says it. But there's no other place in the movie where they would have said his last name. And on his Wikipedia page it says he's best known for his roles as Marv Merchants.
Speaker 2: In Home Alone.
Speaker 1: If the solicitation allegation is true, they said, seems Daniel was trying to take the wet and Sticky Bandit thing too far. If Jesus dude, ridiculous again.
Speaker 2: If he is married, I think he's married forty five.
Speaker 6: Years, oh maybe forty six this year.
Speaker 2: Guess what that's their business that's their business.
Speaker 1: If his wife has a problem with that, she can do everything. Get the divorce, get that sweet sweet home alone, money, you know, whatever he got from the Silver tunas over the years, go out there and reel it in from him. But the idea that everybody looks at stories like this, it's always a weird agenda. There's so many stories like this, like these weird agendas tied to it. The agenda here is to make fun of the person because they have a squeaky clean image because of a movie that they were in. I mean, that's it. That's what the idea is of of doing this stuff. And it's because it's sexy and sallacious and America is still very very scared of all things related to sex. Okay, it's that's it's a super weird thing.
Speaker 6: And it's weird to say that he has a squeaky clean image because yes, he was in h like one of the most beloved family movies of the Christmas season. But he was the bad guy, you know then that almost murdered Kevin McAllister's story.
Speaker 4: But his parents did leave him there and forgot until they were across the pond.
Speaker 1: Nobody cares like everybody in the comments obviously don't care about this. I don't care, dude. WGF is wrong with you? TMS he deleted this s he didn't deserve this. To consent adults is none of your business. It's wrong and you know it, and spreading it to the world can sham him. He's probably lonely. When I worked for a nine one one call center, we saw a drastic increase in calls in December. I'm sure this will help way to go victimless crime. It's an adult.
Speaker 4: What the more you comments, he's like, we're going to leave it up. Everyone's picking it up, everyone's citing them. They're getting so much unique viewership. The more you talk about it, the more they're like, we're going to follow him for the next two days.
Speaker 1: You still buying comment You're still getting huggers Home of Boone. One of the comments is home a bone? Who cares? Who cares? Now he's a sticky fingerbanded you know, like, no one nobody in the comments cares. This is what the world is come down to, these media outlets, and it's not just TMC. This is literally your a lot of your local outlets. Definitely the big cable news outlets and national news organizations in the United States of America, they constantly put together pieces like this.
Speaker 2: That nobody really cares about.
Speaker 1: But it's fun to just dump on somebody and go like squeaky clean guy got the hooker. They literally did this to pee Wee Herman and squashed him into the ground. Everybody, all right, they did this to pee Wee Herman and squashed him into the ground because since he went to an adult movie theater.
Speaker 7: Where everyone else was masturbating.
Speaker 1: Where it was just an open thing. That that's why you went to the adult movie theater. Anybody ever wonder why why are you watching these movies in public?
Speaker 2: Cost at home here to write a review?
Speaker 1: We watched them in public. So all the there are flag staffs out and you know, beating away on them. This is what happens in these places. And they did this to Peewee Herman again, kid actor, the guy was in the children's world of entertainment and they just do this crap. It's stupid. It's among the list of its way on the bottom of problems, but among the list of massive issues that happened in modern media that just drive me crazy.
Speaker 2: But we'll see what you think.
Speaker 1: Send us a dispatch over at thenewschunky dot com. Maybe you think that's fair game. Tips of the News junk dot com. Anonymous emails the show. This person says, please keep me anonymous. Good afternoon. Just heard on the podcast about police and the AI they were using messing up on a report. This is true. Yeah, there was a police It was a report where the news went out with this officer and they were showing how they were utilizing AI to write the police reports from their bodycam footage, right, and the AI was holding a setup.
Speaker 4: It was a setup at least the news and they like had pulled over someone.
Speaker 7: Do you know why I'm pulling you over?
Speaker 1: Yep? Driving well blonde?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: And they're like they're watching a show on a tablet or something as they're driving along. And the point was, in this silly little segment they were doing, they kind of accidentally uncovered that the AI software that analyzes police body cams and writes the reports automatically is.
Speaker 6: Not good to be more accurate, the thing that they did for the news that worked as like it was supposed to.
Speaker 2: Like they did, they took.
Speaker 6: The body camera footage, they put it in the AI, the AI wrote a police report based on the body camera footage and that seemed to work fine.
Speaker 2: The reason they.
Speaker 1: Were they testing when it did go wrong, and they were testing it because it had previously gone wrong. This was a new software they were testing because a different software they had used said like turn somebody in to an animal or a police like the police report the AI wrote said that the police officer turned into a frog. Yes, that's what it was. And it's like, oh, I think something's going wrong here. The email from anonymous continues. It purposely adds statements like zap to make sure the officer is reading the report and not just signing off on it without checking it. Hope, hope this helps keep up the great work. I don't think that's true.
Speaker 7: You know, that's a good test.
Speaker 1: I don't think, But I don't think that they would put fake stuff in an AI generated police report just to see if the officer is looking at it. That's a terrible precedent to set, because then if a couple of those squeak through, you have official police documentation that has has nonsense in it. I seriously, seriously doubt it would. It would really open you up to the uh, like the mistake of filing a false police report.
Speaker 2: Wait, would that be a false police report?
Speaker 1: If it's in the it's it would be easily dismissed in court because the facts of the police report are obviously not true. So you cannot use that police report in the whatever court case was going on against that person. That would certainly be a problem. I've got more of these to get to, and we have a lot of stories to talk about. We're gonna take a quick break though. We're gonna be joined by our friend Amy Kaufelt, Fox thirty five. She's amazing. We'll see what big stories are grabbing her attention today and what's happening in her world, and that is coming up next in the news junkie. All right, it is Monday, and it is time for us to dust things off and get a little professional here. All right, that's everybody to get it together here, we get all that stuff I just said. We've talked about enough things that you know, we can't really talk about amongst polite company, and now it's time to straighten things out and talk to our amazingly talent a professional friend, Amy.
Speaker 9: Coffe Monday, Sean, you sound a little under the weather.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I was out on a Thursday and Friday. I whatever is going around, the flu whatever it is, and the blue I think so I had chills. They were multiplying and it was a little rough for like most of Friday and Saturday. At first, I just thought I had like a sore throat situation, like a head cold, like a real bad one. But I think it was more than that. And as much as I.
Speaker 10: Am, you get tested or no.
Speaker 1: No, I am not gonna get.
Speaker 9: Tested for that for that com So here's the thing though, that like, so just for anybody who's listening, that Tama flu, if you don't if you don't like get the flu like tested with the for like first forty eight hours, the tamba flu is no good, but the Tama flu like makes you feel better faster.
Speaker 10: But I'm actually impressed you're already back.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm I'm hobbling through. I think I'm better on on Wednesday. God, you should have heard that on Wednesday. By the last three segments of the show, I think somebody compared it to I sounded like I was being actively waterboarded during the show, and like my voice just went into this if you didn't see me, you would have thought I was some small amphibious monster or something. It was like non human sounds that were coming from my body. But I've not done much in about four days or so, save for like one one time last night, mostly going out and finally having something to drink, some alcohol to drink. But mostly I've just been taking care of myself for this whole time. So stay away from it, amy, Okay.
Speaker 10: Okay, I'm trying to stay healthy.
Speaker 9: But I got the flu shot like a few months ago. But now everybody's saying it doesn't really do you any good because the strain that's going around is apparently.
Speaker 10: Not in that shot, so it helps a little bit. Right, Let's yeah, great, you're too young.
Speaker 1: What are you doing getting a who shot at your age? Your way too young? Lookout.
Speaker 10: I mean I almost always get it. I've gotten it forever.
Speaker 9: I don't know, because like I don't know, just because we're out and about so much, and we're I do so many like public events, and I don't know, I oh insurance.
Speaker 1: You know, you're out there hanging out with the mongrels in the general public, and they're coughing on everything.
Speaker 9: You know, like when you're out and you're doing like charity events and stuff. I mean, they're just when you're around a lot of people, you're just more succepted.
Speaker 1: It's like kids in school, two charity events a year. Amy, We're different, We're cut from a different cloth. You put a lot into them. Though, Okay, it makes for all the bad stuff that we've done.
Speaker 2: It overturns that, I think. But stay away from it.
Speaker 1: If you see somebody at Fox over there, like hacking up or sneezing on something, stay away.
Speaker 2: According to somehow has avoided this.
Speaker 1: I have coughed over every inch of her body, attempted to drag her down bedroom. Oh I have, though I have you know.
Speaker 9: Like all moved to a different room, Sean when you're sick, or does Courtney moved to a different room?
Speaker 1: No, No, we have a very big bed, Amy, Our bed is quite large, so I could if well, we could both if we wanted to. But usually she's way over to the left side of the bed. I'm way over to the right, and so I just make sure it's in the middle like a human, like a human taking up room and and sucking the romance out of the bed. Done situation. So I've done my best to keep my face in another direction. That's that's what I've been up to. You've been up to something different. I saw you. You went skin you did You're looking at the world. Man, you're living life over there.
Speaker 2: Amy, it's amazing.
Speaker 10: We had a blast.
Speaker 9: We for the first time ever we went to a steamboat Colorado.
Speaker 10: It was we had a lot of fun.
Speaker 9: It was beautiful, a nice We had it like a good like a foot of snow while we were out there, so it really helped because they.
Speaker 10: Weren't they haven't had a lot of snow out west. But no, it's fun.
Speaker 9: And then this weekend my sister came to town and we went to black Hammick and did the airboat You guys ever done that over black Hammick On, like Jessup, No, that's not going before.
Speaker 7: Just as a Floridian that's something you do as a.
Speaker 9: Child or really fun places to do airboats. But like Jessica, was cool because it's the largest concentration of gators, I believe in the entire state, thirteen thousand gators.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 9: Wait, like Jessup, that's thirteen thousand gators. So way back in the day, like Jessup used to be where they would take the nuisance gators, Like if you had a gator that was acting up in your neighborhood, they would drag the gator out to like Jessup and throw it in there.
Speaker 1: And so they just let them.
Speaker 7: I mean they just.
Speaker 10: They've just their population just exploded.
Speaker 9: So so this isn't even like high season for seeing the gators. They usually say like February March is when you'll see more of them. But we were out there on Saturday afternoon and I don't.
Speaker 10: Know, we probably saw ten. I saw lots of little baby gators. I saw a couple of big ones.
Speaker 7: I mean obviously don't swim in that.
Speaker 10: But I yeah, yeah, you don't want to swim in like Jessup.
Speaker 4: Nervous that they're having airboat. It's like one wrong move and what yeah happens.
Speaker 9: Why I even getting nervous just driving over that bridge, you know, like the like the four seventeen, like Jessup bridge. Yeah, I'm always like it just it wouldn't take much.
Speaker 1: I don't know personally, if an airboat is an autism test, put me on the spectrum, because airboats are there's something about like how do you get over how just obnoxiously loud? That is, to let yourself have a good tone.
Speaker 2: I know they have to give me those those like you're on a monster.
Speaker 4: Yeah, guys, like when the guy goes down, Yeah, then they're good stuff.
Speaker 9: Then you take your headphones off and like explain stuff and like like this was a cool detail. So that Bird Island, which is the little island in the middle of like jessup, that you see when you.
Speaker 10: Drive over the bridge.
Speaker 9: So some lady in Jacksonville owns that island. She paid a dollar for it back in the nineteen sixties.
Speaker 10: See, like yeah, and a.
Speaker 9: Part of the I guess the agreement when she bought the island is that you can't build on it, which I don't know why you would build on it anyway.
Speaker 7: Jessup, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think she is.
Speaker 10: Yeah, they said she still owns it.
Speaker 1: If you could buy it for a dollar but not build on it, why buy it?
Speaker 10: I don't, I mean, I guess, say you own.
Speaker 1: What are you even asking?
Speaker 7: You are asking the question that Amy's group did not ask.
Speaker 1: On the airport there there is a small island off of the keys. Would you like it for a dollar. Yeah, okay, there we go. But I can't do anything with it. So what are you still going to you say you.
Speaker 2: Own an island, it's only a dollar.
Speaker 6: I would shell out the dollar, you know, maybe even two dollars, even.
Speaker 9: If you buy stars exactly like you can like buy a star.
Speaker 7: I appreciate and I'm so sorry.
Speaker 10: Or whatever, Nicole, you can name it.
Speaker 4: If you have this back and forth in that banter moment on Good Day Orlando today, I believe that your co workers had responded.
Speaker 7: Like, oh, that's awesome. I would love to buy an island. But then we kind of ground.
Speaker 11: You here when you talk to us, like, but why can't you pull any such a mighty people died in that late Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'll take an island for a dollar, no matter what the stipulation.
Speaker 7: But you're going to build on it, you know it?
Speaker 1: Probably what are they gonna do? Come get me, come get me. All right, I'm going to build the most rickety treehouse style setup that I possibly could on this island, and I am going to old man yells at the crowd the clouds for the rest of my time on this planet, and it'll be great. That's that's probably what sunsetting looks like for me, It's gonna be happening very soon, very very soon. Okay, So what's grabbing your attention at boy? Is there a lot of stuff going on in because there is a lot of stuff.
Speaker 9: Well, there's a lot of international news going on, as you guys know, we're following that very close.
Speaker 10: So we had some protests downtown.
Speaker 9: Orlando this weekend, not only ice protests, but also people were out in protesting, not really protesting really, more like in spirit of supporting the people of Iran. We had Anna Escamani on this morning talking about that. Anna who is running for mayor. She is of Iranian heritage. She said the last time she went to Iran she brought her mother's ashes there. So she is very you know, in support of the people of Iran. She feels like this uprising is different. So it was an interesting conversation with her this morning. We're also watching very closely this emergency evacuation from the ISS which will happen on Wednesday. So they are going to splash down in California, not here in Florida.
Speaker 10: You guys know, sometimes.
Speaker 9: They splash down in the Gulf, but in this particular case, it's going to be a California splash down. We know that somebody's sick, but we don't know what the nature of the illness is.
Speaker 7: And they haven't. I mean I know is that he is stable.
Speaker 2: Or they are hold on right.
Speaker 9: It could be a female too. We just there's one female, three male astronauts coming back. Two of them are American, one I believe, one Russian, and one Japanese.
Speaker 10: If I have that correct. So we don't know which of them is sick. They won't.
Speaker 9: They're not releasing that information. They say it's obviously it's a hip of violation unless that.
Speaker 10: Person say what's wrong.
Speaker 9: We have no idea what the nature of the illnesses, and all we know is that this has never happened before.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 9: And so only three astronauts will be left on the ISS to maintain it, which is a very small number.
Speaker 10: It's the minimum number.
Speaker 9: So now they're saying they're going to have to rush, hopefully rush Crew twelve up to help out the three astronauts who will be left on board.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 1: We've got some conspiracies boiling over on Twitch and chat. Somebody says it's a fake illness. There are astronauts fighting in space, and this is how they get them back down. They don't want the astronauts fighting in space.
Speaker 7: I mean, it's very hard to fight in space.
Speaker 10: Well, that's the problem you get, Saba.
Speaker 1: You get people who don't like each other. They're stuck in the space station together with one another, and that's I.
Speaker 4: Mean that though there was a wasn't a Russian astronaut a year or two ago that tried to like open something up and they immediately.
Speaker 10: Were kicking off.
Speaker 7: Yes, dang amy, I think.
Speaker 1: I probably.
Speaker 7: You could say.
Speaker 2: You want to play a game, but you're allowed to say it was the.
Speaker 11: First thing that came to mind.
Speaker 4: Sixteen seconds and you could say whatever. I'm sorry, ten seconds, could say whatever you want. This is very exciting. I forgot what I was at the point.
Speaker 10: You said a Russian astronaut got.
Speaker 4: And they tried to like open up a door or they were damaging something on.
Speaker 1: The they shot a hole into that is, they shot a hole and there was a leak.
Speaker 7: Got them back to Earth very quickly.
Speaker 4: So I I'm sorry conspiracy theories shut down.
Speaker 7: If they were fighting, this would have already been I feel.
Speaker 9: Like you have to have the right temperament to go up there, like you can't put like people who are like kind of like a little crazy.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 10: Can you imagine if I were stuck on thinks on that thing.
Speaker 9: And I guess I shouldn't say stuck because they go there by you know, free will, But I just I would go a little crazy.
Speaker 1: I think, well, you would be better off than most of us up and up on the ISS, because you would not last the trip up apparely last on a billion dollar cruise ship, for God's sake. I had problems with that. I was like, these waves are too big. Shut down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was like, obviously we need to turn this thing around.
Speaker 6: You can barely fly wait till you experience space turbulence.
Speaker 9: Well, that's funny you bring that up, you guys, because we had an astronaut on this morning.
Speaker 10: His name is Captain Winston Scott.
Speaker 9: He's amazing, he's flown a bunch of space Shuttle miss and he's kind of our astronaut expert that we bring on whenever we have a story like this. And he was saying that the so, okay, so a normal person like right now we are all experiencing one G force. Okay, so that's like just walking around like we're we're all experiencing one g. But he said, when you do re entry it's four g's, so you can imagine the pressure on your body of four g's. There's nothing they can do to, you know, prevent whoever this ill astronaut is from experiencing that. So if you're if you're really sick and now you have to go through reinjury and experience that four g's, I mean, that's that could make you worse.
Speaker 1: Yes, actually you got you got that. You got the schwartz up there. There's a lot of stuff like if you're sick, you don't want to be in too close of contact with these things. And so they've they've decided to bring these this very secretive but they've decided to bring these astronauts back from the International Space Station and leave like a skeleton crew up there.
Speaker 6: It's weird that they haven't just had the astronaut go just tell them. If I was the same person on the ISS, I'd be.
Speaker 2: Like, just tell them what's up?
Speaker 9: What if it's COVID follow it's like something embarrassing ceiling, like what if you don't want people to know?
Speaker 1: Why would herpes matter? It's space.
Speaker 2: I know a lot.
Speaker 4: I'm just naming embarrassing things maybe, but an offense of those who have herpes.
Speaker 2: Uh, space aids or something.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Like there's got to be something that's that's gonna be tough.
Speaker 7: Okay, why also not send a doctor up there space?
Speaker 1: It's just logistics.
Speaker 9: I mean, somebody up there have to be somewhat medically trained, right, you got it.
Speaker 10: I don't know number of audits for that.
Speaker 7: We got questions?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, what else is grabbing your attention out there?
Speaker 2: A mean there's well.
Speaker 9: We've got to We've got to launch today coming up in about a half hour, So keep an eye to the sky if you live in central Florida and you're listening.
Speaker 10: We got to launch at twelve forty this morning.
Speaker 9: It's just it's just a SpaceX sending up some more startling satellite.
Speaker 10: So that's interesting.
Speaker 9: We you know, we're keeping it, as we mentioned, a close eye on a raw situation. We're also keep being an eye on some of the other crazy stories that are going on today. We've got oh gosh, I'm losing my mind.
Speaker 10: I'm blank. No, it is, it is.
Speaker 7: Let's do some curse words.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know what is true and what is not true, unfortunately when it comes to the protests in Iran. But some of the numbers are crazy to consider. And and you know, we have this level of there's a particular type of person who thinks, you know, we're fighting back against like fascism in the United States of America. These people in Iran, if if any of the things that I see are to be true, at least eight hundred of them have been killed, if not far more than that. And they're out there in the streets and they're just mowing them down, and there's no internet for them to like post these videos from For the most part, it is it is bad, you know.
Speaker 9: And well, they call it the red line, Sean, and I'm sure you've heard the President refer to this a couple of times.
Speaker 10: So he's going to have a meeting tomorrow morning where.
Speaker 9: They're going to discuss a little bit more about what is the red line where you know, at what point do they say, Okay, it is time for the US to go in and protect some of these protesters who are being killed. There's a lot of stuff going on as far as that the internet has been jammed or locked, and they were talking this morning about how, you know, maybe Elon Musk can send some starlink satellites over for people to be able to get communication with each other. So the reason they're shutting down the Internet is because they don't want people to talk to each other or for people to see the uprising going on in other cities and then to take part in it themselves.
Speaker 10: But it's starting to become more of a worldwide thing.
Speaker 9: I don't know if you guys saw the guy climb up onto the Iranian embassy in London over there and pull the flag down and replace it. And I mean, just talking to Anna this morning, she feels like, you know, that that change is coming, that this could potentially be the revolution that they've been looking for happen.
Speaker 1: I unfortunately, I hope on this issue that she's right about that. But unfortunately I've seen this happen even in my lifetime many different times.
Speaker 2: In Iran.
Speaker 1: There are huge nationwide protests of young people who do not want to live under a theocratic, legitimate despot regime like they're living under in Iran right now, and they've fought back a lot of times, but somehow they just always end up on the other side of it, and they say, we're going to loosen some things up and we're going to make it there are more freedoms for you in the future in it. So I hope, yeah, I hope that's right, but I'm not sure what direction it's going to go into.
Speaker 2: Obviously.
Speaker 9: The other crazy story that I was trying to think of and then I lost my train of thought, was have you guys read about this account of what this soldier on the ground said in Venezuela happened when the US.
Speaker 10: Troops landed to take Maduro out. It is crazy.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's legit or not, because I don't know if they've ever actually named the the soldier who allegedly said this in Venezuela. But I'll see if I could pull this up, because I read this this weekend and the Venezuelan soldiers said like, hey, we were ready, we knew something was going to go down, but when the battle started, we weren't prepared in the slightest for anything like this, And he said that they hit us all here. It is. This is account from allegedly from a Venezuelan security guard loyal to Nicholas Maduro. The security guard said, on the day of the operation, we didn't hear anything coming. We were on guard, but suddenly all our radar systems were shut down without explanation. The next thing we saw were drones, a lot of drones flying over our positions. We didn't know how to react. After those drones appeared, some helicopters arrived, but there were very few. I think barely eight helicopters. From those helicopters, soldiers came down, but a very small number, maybe twenty men. But they were technologically very advanced. They didn't look like anything we'd fought back from before. It was like each soldier was firing three hundred rounds permit it. We couldn't do anything, geez, and I said, did your weapons do anything? And he said, no help at all. At one point they launched something I don't know how to describe it. It was like a very intense sound wave. Suddenly I felt like my head was exploding from the inside. We all started bleeding from our noses. Some people were vomiting blood. We all fell to the ground, unable to move. He said, technological weapon sonic weapons is what the claim was I don't know if this is true or if this is not true, but it's certainly something that's gone viral. As an account of this suggests that they went in and drilled them with some sort of sonic weapon. It incapacitated all these Cuban and Venezuelan defense forces that were protecting Maduro and then they just annihilated them.
Speaker 9: And yeah, right, we don't know is this true or is it not true. We just know that the White House Press Secretary retweeted it and basically was like, you know, read this.
Speaker 10: This is interesting.
Speaker 2: Great, I mean it is. It is interesting.
Speaker 1: I've seen the account and they you know, they didn't name the officer that said this. Then again, right now, in Venezuela, armed left wing political gangs who support Maduro are literally going house to house trying to find people who are happy with his ouster and put a bullet in their skulls. So like, maybe you don't want to name those people. So one of those things where it's very difficult to find out what's actually going on. It's very very tough. All right. She's the best skier that we know, she's an amazing talent in the newsroom, and she is Amy Coffin.
Speaker 7: Thanks for putting up with us.
Speaker 1: Yes, and any other curse words you want to say on.
Speaker 9: The way out you've done for the day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't want to say bitch.
Speaker 1: You could say all right, we'll do one week, kiss my asssht.
Speaker 10: I'll come up with a new one for next leek.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll send you the list Amy Coffin. Follow her on all social media platforms. She is the best of the best and a perfect follow I'm tellingelling you if you live here in Orlando, watch Good Day Orlando and the crew every morning.
Speaker 2: If you don't, no matter where you're listening to.
Speaker 1: The show today, this is where I go to see what's happening each morning. One of the many sources because they are very good, very good on all social media platforms. Look for Fox thirty five Orlando and Amy Coffin and we'll see you next week.
Speaker 9: Love you guys, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Good break. We're back with more of your emails. A shocking app that is really taking off in popularity right now.
Speaker 2: The ups are not ups.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, the uh the moving truck, the U haul truck that appeared in the streets at one of these Iranian protests and it was surrounded after it plowed through a whole bunch of people, and it was one of the most intense moments I've seen in a very long time. What really happened. We'll talk about that is the show rolls on. It's so much more and it's coming up next. In the news Hunkie, you can join us with a dispatch. Record your opinions, your thoughts on anything we're talking about on the show. Ask any questions at any moment. It's a perpetual ask me anything over there. Record whatever you have on your mind at thenewsjunkie dot com. All right, before we get into the U haul thing. Last night, I looked over at the TV. I don't watch a lot of live TV, but I having a glance over at the TV where we were, and I said, son of a bitch, they bring Fear Factor back to.
Speaker 7: Television at your Buday did.
Speaker 1: And Courtney's like, oh yeah, And she looks and she's like trying to get a good look at Johnny Knoxville from Jackasses is the host now of this new fear Factor that they try to bring back last night, And she goes, well, you know, only old people watch broadcast television for the most and I think they're not gonna want to watch a show like Fear Factor.
Speaker 2: They'll think it's too gross.
Speaker 1: And I said, Courtney, when do you think Fear Factor was on last time?
Speaker 2: What was it the nineties?
Speaker 1: Was it? Was it? Literally the nineties?
Speaker 4: I remember that, And I think I mentioned this last week. That and the Mole when it was hosted by Anderson Cooper. Uh huh, was like the family sit down show for my family.
Speaker 1: Two thousand and one. Okay, those people, let's say what. Let's let's say they were twenty five. Okay, that was twenty five years ago. They're fifty now. They are the older people get starting to get older. And they liked Fear Factor when they were younger, That's what I think.
Speaker 2: And they liked Johnny Knoxville. They like Johnny Knoxville.
Speaker 1: They like so they go, you know, Joe Rogan's got the podcast money, he ain't gonna come hanging out with us anymore. But you know, let's let's have everybody eat cheap nuts or whatever and a bunch of HD cameras in their face.
Speaker 6: There was like a whole version of Fear Factor that I think I just forgot about that was hosted by Ludacris.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't remember that it was.
Speaker 2: Because Joe Rogan was on NBC Fear Factor.
Speaker 6: And then uh, Ludacros hosted it on MTV for a while, and then now Johnny Knoxville on Fox.
Speaker 4: Now Johnny Knoxville makes sense to me, but also makes sense that Johnny Knoxville is promoting a brand new Jackass movie.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, that's very true.
Speaker 7: It goes hand in hand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, he is, he is in that world. Did you know that? Is this true for the old one or the new version of Fear Factor? It says the theme song was done by Maroon five? Is that possible? Is that that seems too old to be to be true? It's not really song was done by Maroon.
Speaker 4: Five has also been around for a very long time, so it was a specific Maroon five song for the Fear Factor theme. The US version was actually an original instrumental track, but fans often associated Maroon Five's early energetic pop rock sound with the show's vibe.
Speaker 1: They're credited as the theme song proposer, Yeah, the composer on the Wikipedia page. They never made but they're back to eating sheep balls and you know, shooting splooge out.
Speaker 2: Of a out of a cannon or whatever.
Speaker 1: I don't know what they're doing over there, but they're back in doing it for the people who are now older and ready to watch a new version of it. So if you tune into that orfully're like, oh yeah, definitely, definitely I want to do that. I find it all to be a little weird and sad, just as weird and sad as like I don't know, if you guys talked about Jackass coming back from another round, it's like, oh my god, these guys are old now. We're like literally at senior discount level with some of these people. Johnny Knoxville was in his thirties or something when they started out that show, and there's they'll gonna put bear traps on their crotches and you fire, uh you know, beans at each other.
Speaker 4: With peal that it was like walk up, you know, something that's five hundred feet in the air. All I remember, you know, with fear factors. Yeah, I was like I wasn't just eating tests.
Speaker 2: It was always just like roaches on your face and.
Speaker 4: Someone's like being a very high high stuntman favor or fire was involved.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it was stuntman style stuff.
Speaker 1: But is that going to work in twenty twenty six A question to you folks on email or dispatch. Let us know what you think. Send a dispatch over at the news Junkie dot com. Let's take a peek u haul. Here's the situation. There was a huge protest against the Iranian regime, or a decent sized protest in Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: In downtown LA.
Speaker 1: There was a U haul that had a political message on the side of it from a likely from a group called m K which you may not have heard of before. I'll briefly explain, like I'm five for you, but the U haul turned down the road. I'm looking now at some of the footage the U haul is is just completely and totally surrounded.
Speaker 2: After it hit a bunch of people with.
Speaker 1: These protesters, they started yanking the door open, they started pulling the people out of the vehicle. Officers got there. There's there's some police up here that pretty quickly we're on the scene smashing out the smashing on the windshield of the U haul.
Speaker 2: Uh. And this wasn't just a coincidence.
Speaker 1: These people had a message on the other side of the U haul that was targeted at the actual protesters who were there on the street. But they surrounded this U haul, these Iranian protesters on the streets of LA and it could have been full on, you know, like the old Riots and the Los Angeles now her kingstyle.
Speaker 2: Correct me if I'm wrong, But you're surrounding a U haul.
Speaker 6: Like that, dudes climbing up on top of the engine and trying to smash into the windshield with his foot. Yeah, this is fear for your lifetime, right probably.
Speaker 1: I mean you kind of have.
Speaker 6: I mean, as as horrible as it sounds, like your only way of getting out of that is hitting the gas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean fear for your life on both sides. You got somebody in the in the vehicle. It's it's like you could tie into the ice arguments from Minnesota if you wanted to. It's got somebody inside the vehicle who's obviously scared. And look, here's closer video for those you watching on YouTube and twitch that TV.
Speaker 2: I'll put it up for everybody else on see it.
Speaker 1: Now. This is outside of the U haul, like people were going nuts. The cops were standing up to keep the people away, Otherwise they would have ripped this person right out of this U haul.
Speaker 6: They just pushed the cop.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, they got that windshield bad.
Speaker 1: Too back and they're like stabbing at the person with flagpoles and stuff. Whoever did this obviously knew what they were doing. You can't see it here. It's screaming at people. You can't see it here because the message is on the other side of the U haul. But yeah, it was probably the biggest pail of whole thing. Yeah, and it can't get your message across. You know, it was a lot of This is the U haul truck plowing through the crowd. I have to mute all these because I know they're cursing and stuff. But you can see them on x dot com. Oh Jesus just went went through the crowd of people. There was a lot of people in the street. And so uh it says no no Shay, hang on me pause that geez. Uh it says no shaw no regime, USA, don't repeat nineteen fifty three. No Mulla. It's from a group called m e K. I'll tell you about them a little bit later, and I'll put some more of these up and see it now during the break, so you can see what happened to this vehicle because it got Why what more for you before we find out what's going on with the next episode.
Speaker 2: This is somebody on the side.
Speaker 1: Of the U haul. They smash. They just smashed with a fist. Yeah, with a bare fist, smashed the window of the U haul right out, and uh, you know, everybody just descended on this thing as it started lurching through the crowd protests. There's a lot going on out there in the world, alright, what's going on with the next episode, what's coming up on the next episode?
Speaker 2: What's coming from.
Speaker 7: The next episode. It's a bird, it's a plane.
Speaker 4: It's a comic book once stolen from Nick Cage that was just over millions, ma'am. We've been a dude to the dudes known as the Kid and the Thing as they take on a new name, the Dead plus one award after another, and the rest of the Golden Globe recaps new cap. I'll add so much more coming up on the next episode.
Speaker 1: And that is coming up next in the news Chokie, I feel like I'm recovering over here, but maybe just barely. One thing's for sure, it's time to get into it. Let's do the next episode, because there's a lot on TV and you can't possibly keep up with all of it, even though you should, because what else are you gonna talk about?
Speaker 2: Little baby penis guying. It's time for the next episode with Sabrina.
Speaker 7: Hey, that's what you messed out on, by the.
Speaker 1: Way, all right, okay? Th good mine.
Speaker 4: And by girl, of course, I mean the great deal when it comes to that mortgage guy Don and refinancing your beautiful home. That was my intro into letting you know that the next episode is brought to you by that mortgage guide on you're looking to refinance by a first freem home deconsolidation. Maybe you've got a business you want to expand that bad boy be sure to work with the boy that is yours or guy, and that's that mortgage guy Don by going to that mortgage guy Don dot com.
Speaker 7: Don't miss the Voca.
Speaker 4: Mortgage guy dot com now unrelated. Thirty two year years ago, nineteen ninety four, a federal jury ruled that this guy right here, Michael Jackson.
Speaker 2: That is correct, sucker sean sick boy never saw it coming.
Speaker 7: He did not.
Speaker 4: Steal the songs thriller The Girl is mine and we are the world from his former neighbors in Gary, Indiana. Okay, because those god Dog songs were his. But got Don God Dog, what is it god dong the god Dog girl is mine?
Speaker 7: What is the lyrics?
Speaker 2: Someone help me out here.
Speaker 1: I have no idea.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's a girl mine the god girl.
Speaker 7: It's got Don.
Speaker 2: Dog gone the dog gun girl is mine.
Speaker 7: Okay, thats totally more sense.
Speaker 4: Also, on this day, about four and a half hours ago, my twins' teeth and spine were taken out, so oh, shout out to my dermatologists, and the surprise consultation turned chop sash And it turns out I moved my neck a lot during the day.
Speaker 1: So if what was it cut out of you? They cut a piece off of you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was a a.
Speaker 4: I can't take it off now because it's the pressure bandage on.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's just it's skin colored. Your your skin is the same color as a bandit.
Speaker 2: I can't see that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it's like it's thick and you're like, oh that girl, Uh, it's something maybe bad.
Speaker 7: I won't you know why, because I put that bandage on.
Speaker 4: The bandage they put on me was bleeding profusely, and they're like, yeah, don't take that off for twenty four hours, and I go, do you want me to explain to people I'm bleeding from the neck?
Speaker 1: Doc?
Speaker 4: And that's a little bit about me. As we move on to the world of people and those not on the earth anymore, we say goodbye. Tutalou the TK Carter.
Speaker 2: You know him, no harder.
Speaker 4: You might know him from his nineteen eighty two horror slash sci fi film The Thing.
Speaker 7: He died.
Speaker 2: Was he the Thing? Or was he the creator of the Thing?
Speaker 7: Or no, he was the Thing?
Speaker 1: He was the Thing?
Speaker 7: Okay, Yeah.
Speaker 4: He was found dead over the weekend in his California residence after a call for service was made. They say the call came in at approximately five forty two pm. Death report was made, no foul plays expected.
Speaker 7: But he's the Thing. After all.
Speaker 4: He had decades spanning career dating back to the mid nineteen seventies, but the big break was The Thing. He was also in Runaway Train, Space Jam, Oh Never come Back.
Speaker 7: That was about missing kids, wasn't it.
Speaker 2: He was one of the missing kids.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Well they found him and he is passed as well.
Speaker 4: As two thousand two new situation and Domino two thousand and five.
Speaker 7: Well, all right, there you have it.
Speaker 4: Also joining him in the big burly gates is.
Speaker 1: Bob what Bob wear? Bob wear? You know what?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: This was a self report. I realized how many hippie people I'm friends with on Facebook and Instagram crying, you grateful dead folks, you you deadheads came out of the woodwork yesterday and they're like, man, and oh so I didn't know.
Speaker 2: I didn't know this, Oh this person?
Speaker 1: Oh okay.
Speaker 4: Co founder of the Grateful Dead, the guitarist died at the age of seventy eight. No word on the exact date that he passed, but the family announced it over the weekend. He transitioned peacefully, surrounded by loved ones after courageously beating cancer as only Bobby could. Unfortunately, he succumbed to underlying lung issues.
Speaker 2: Damn them they rest.
Speaker 4: And also, apparently a big deadhead was all of New York City because the Empire State Building honored him.
Speaker 7: Did you see it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they did all the lights and stuff.
Speaker 1: I mean, there are a lot of Grateful Dead fans there there. There are a lot of them out there.
Speaker 6: Literally had the Grateful Dead on my television when I found out that Bob Weird, jeez, I know Jackson was very upset.
Speaker 1: He was in the band since the beginning. I've always said I've not been into the Grateful Dead story. I told maybe a long, long, long time ago on the show. But when I was a kid. One are the times we went during the summer to Vermont. The Grateful Dead were in town and they were playing in Burlington, and I was a little kid, and I still read the newspaper back then, not that I guarantee it, and and I read the headline on the Burlington newspaper when we were in town for the summer, and it said that there was a man who was at and he was naked.
Speaker 2: He was walking along the interstate.
Speaker 1: The police asked him who he was, and he said he was Jesus Christ, and they said he had been tripping for forty eight hours after the Grateful Dead concert, god man for two days. And this is two days later, and it was naked walking on the side of the road.
Speaker 4: The idea of going to a Grateful Dead concert and taking enough drugs for two days after the Grateful Dead concert.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as a kid, I was like this band is pretty cool.
Speaker 1: I guess this weirdo Bob Weird is like one of the few grateful dead deaths that you hear about that didn't happen riddled on drugs.
Speaker 4: Uh huh yeah right, and I was doing drugs in the sky only time for a little bit more. We talked earlier about the home Alone actor who is still making headlines.
Speaker 7: They're calling him celebrity behaving badly.
Speaker 4: But it was just a ticket for small solicitation of a prostitute.
Speaker 1: Right, still prosecute.
Speaker 6: You can get less points on your license if you watch the solicitation of a prostitute video and you'll never.
Speaker 4: Do it again, and then you get a ticket to the comedy club in town. But this is very bad, very bad behavior on a celebrities part. And we give it to point Dexter from Revenge of the Nerds.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, okay, it was.
Speaker 7: In big trouble.
Speaker 4: Timothy Bussfield was busted in the field of sexually abusing two young boys.
Speaker 7: No at news, babe, that's.
Speaker 1: A bad field.
Speaker 4: And also it was on the set of a show called The Cleaning Lady, which she was producing and directing. Do you think that there's still because there's other people involved going to release that or is it all just shut down?
Speaker 1: I think Courtney watched that show, The Cleaning Lady.
Speaker 7: Oh so this was like season two or three.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think she watched that.
Speaker 2: Trust still came out so true.
Speaker 7: So the alleged I.
Speaker 1: Think he was doing it. Wow, they were filming. I don't think you know.
Speaker 4: It was the twin brothers who worked on the show eleven Now. One of them said the incidents began when he was seven, so.
Speaker 7: He watched the first season when the abuse started.
Speaker 4: Allegedly, during the investigation, bess Field reportably told police that the boys parents may have been looking for revenge of the Nerds because their songs were replaced on the show. Bestfield isn't under arrest yet, So that's.
Speaker 1: Good, bro.
Speaker 2: That is next level retaliation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're not going to put me on the TV show.
Speaker 7: You abused my twin boys?
Speaker 2: Yeah, as seven year olds like you know.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, I'm gonna go ahead and listen to whatever these kids have to say and hopefully it's not true, but it seems like it might be.
Speaker 4: Or are you going to watch the premiere of the next season of The Cleaning lady.
Speaker 2: Maybe I didn't watch the first one though, So.
Speaker 4: To pay things off a rare copy of a comic book.
Speaker 7: Superman to be exact.
Speaker 4: That's not his sound at all. But it was introduced into the world in nineteen thirty eight and it.
Speaker 7: Just sold for how much money?
Speaker 2: Lots lots you saw that? No, but I know this record, I'll tell you that much.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter if it's attached to Nicholas Cage or anything. It's just that's one of the number one comic books. So it was four them now three million, okay, that.
Speaker 2: Is six million dollars.
Speaker 4: Also a guess, how about fifteen million buck Yes, not too shabby. Private sale of Action Comics number one announced over the weekend. Both the buyer and seller have chosen to remain none of us.
Speaker 7: Jesus right, fifteen million dollar.
Speaker 2: The thing's been stolen once already. I think if I were the buyer, I would.
Speaker 1: Kind of want to keep that a little close to the chest.
Speaker 7: Speaking of buying, do you know what it went for? Originally?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was going to ask that if you had if this was in the thing, because I wanted to know, like, if you bought.
Speaker 2: This at the comic bookshop. How much was it?
Speaker 4: That's too high, Jean, five ten cents which is today's money.
Speaker 7: Two dollars and twenty five cents.
Speaker 1: That's a lot.
Speaker 7: Fifteen million dollars.
Speaker 2: I mean not a lot. What that's not a lot, but it's a lot of markup.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's a lot of fifteen million dollars, a lot of.
Speaker 1: Mone I meant to say the five cent part isn't the fifteen million dollars is legacy wealth. That's a very very If there was some kid who way back in the day, when did that comic book come.
Speaker 7: Out nineteen thirty eight?
Speaker 1: If well, he's very old now, if he bought this comic book and said, I'm going to hold onto this, it's going to be a great investment. I'll sell it when I'm an old old man and his friends all said you're a loser, and.
Speaker 7: He's not letting his friends touch it.
Speaker 1: By the way, he sold it for fifteen million dollars.
Speaker 2: That is in credible.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Congratulations to literally Steve Currell from forty year.
Speaker 2: Old version true.
Speaker 4: Speaking of Kelly Clarkson, we have the NFL Wild Card game. Good luck to this seers in Texans Calvin's gonna be on What What Happens Live? One last adventure of the making of Stranger Things five on Netflix and you can catch Kristen wig on fallon Follow Your.
Speaker 7: Dreams of Me on Instagram.
Speaker 4: That's Breen and bra most importantly say with me old mole, that's not in my neck anymore, smoke every day.
Speaker 1: Can't say that in the radio, can't say that part. We will be back in just a moment.
Speaker 7: Let me tell the band aid though.
Speaker 1: A couple of things that's gross. For a couple of things you gotta pay off. Number one, this app that is exploding, a popularity that is so weird and I don't know what to do with this. We got to get to more of the protest stuff that went down over the weekend. A claim that really somebody doesn't want to work ever again and they've made a claim. And I have to talk about this because to me, this is just unbelievable. More your emails, a new change coming to sports television. We're loaded up on a Monday, and that is coming up next on the News Junkie. A couple of things real quick, and then we'll get to this this app that is very disturbing that is exploding in popularity.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll get to that in just a moment.
Speaker 1: Here, we're going to do rate my Blank today because it's a Monday, of course, and simple mission for you today.
Speaker 2: If you're new to the show. Here's how rate my Blank works.
Speaker 1: Each Monday, you just take a picture or a video of whatever our challenge is, and then you go to the news Junkie dot com and you can see where you can.
Speaker 2: Send us an image.
Speaker 1: It says, uh, you know, I dispatch or whatever right there on the homepage and upload your photo to be in the running.
Speaker 2: And today, super simple, easy peasy.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm going to throw it out there now though, so we can get a bunch of different submissions and we can rate them and pick our our winner for rate my Blank today. The rate my Blank we are doing today is rate my shirt. It couldn't be any easier, couldn't be any easier. Take your camera, Selphie style. Let us see you and whatever shirt you're wearing today at the office at home that.
Speaker 6: You picked Rate my shirt because you and I have the two most generic nothing shirts on just one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, mine's about a one. Sea Lane is about a one point five. Thank you. If we're in the submission here, what do you got on your shirt there? I can't really tell you.
Speaker 2: Lips, teeth, mouth, yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: Rate is unfortunately not this next week, possibly next week on the show Rate my Blank, it's rate my Shirt today, and all you need to do is just take a picture of whatever you're wearing, upload it as a photo dispatch on the website. We're going to take a look at these during the show. If you want to watch on YouTube or Twitch, you can see some of the submissions. If you can't do that, I understand. This is a radio show and a podcast too, you'll be able to see these. Go to the news Junkie dot com click dispatches and you'll see what everybody's sent in. So rate my Shirt. Rate my Shirt is the agenda item for today. Let's see what you got, whether it's funny, interesting, Maybe you're wearing some merch. Baby, that's nice. I'd love to see that. That might be good for you. We'll see what you have for us. Okay, and send that over at the Neewsjunkie dot com for rate my Blank on a Monday. This app is going viral. We might need it in the United States of America. There's a lot of spinsters and single guys out there up in age, and now they're asking a simple question, and that is every day, are you Dead? And this hot this app is going viral in China because there's a lot of single people, men and women.
Speaker 2: Single people in China. Also, this is a problem in Japan, and.
Speaker 1: They live by themselves and they stay by themselves a lot of times. And then the app is called are You Dead. That's the name of the app that is taking China by storm. It says named are You Dead. The concept is simple. You need to check in with it every two days by clicking a large button to confirm that you are alive. If not, it will get in touch with your appointed emergency contact and inform them that you may be in trouble. It was launched in May last year to not much fanfare, but attention around It has exploded in recent weeks, with many young people who live alone in Chinese cities downloading it in droves. It's propelled it to become the most downloaded paid app in the country.
Speaker 2: What a business.
Speaker 4: Like, Yeah, China, I thought was pretty strict about who's where and what you're doing well.
Speaker 1: They don't know if somebody's like at home and not doing well, and if they're dead inside their house. This does happen. I hate to say it. It does see people die and sometimes they don't know for a week or something that something has gone wrong. According to research institutions, there may be up to two hundred million one person households in China by twenty thirty. Hear that two hundred million people in China who live by themselves. They are not finding a partner, they're not finding somebody to be with to live with. They are single, and they maybe are rotting away in their house. It's those people on the app, which describes itself as a safety company companion, and it's just a big old button that says check in today.
Speaker 2: That's it, and you hit it.
Speaker 1: If you don't hit it for two days, then they send a message out. They basically woof everybody in your contacts and stuff and say, go check out this person, make sure they're okay.
Speaker 4: You haven't talked to them in weeks, but now we think they're dead, so get on over there.
Speaker 2: Here's what it says for. It sends them this an important notice.
Speaker 1: I'm Luna, I've been inactive for multiple consecutive days.
Speaker 2: Come check my physical condition.
Speaker 1: This is the message it sends people if you don't hit this button. It's sort of like a dead man switch, and it costs a dollar for everybody to download it. Of persons, all the China persons download it, and then they hit the button every day or every every couple of days, and it makes it so they can tell people, hey, I'm doing all right.
Speaker 13: Sorry.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't be surprised if, first of all, I'm a little surprised that we haven't had an app like this already. Maybe we haven't.
Speaker 6: It just hasn't gotten like the viral attention that this ru dead app is getting. But I wouldn't be surprised because the thing that Apple tends to do as they're you know, getting new features for their phones and stuff, is well steal or just purchase, right. There is a lot of stuff that other people come up with that they go, that was a good idea, We're going to integrate it into the ecosystem of all the phones and tablets in general. One of the glaring examples of that, I think all of us have done this the pulled down to refresh a page that was created by Twitter.
Speaker 2: Oh, Twitter was the first.
Speaker 1: App to do that, and then they were like, huh, that is a really good function. We're going to put it everywhere.
Speaker 6: And Apple already has these things that like if you fall or get in a car, crash your phone or watch, will you know alert people or call the authorities. You already have the system in place that tells you how much you use your phone a day. If you go an entire day without using your phone, you should be able to set up some sort of alert that tells people like, hey, Seiland hasn't touched his phone all day.
Speaker 2: Something is a muck, this man is dead.
Speaker 1: What if you want to.
Speaker 4: Go off the grid for a weekend, or you're traveling and you're not paying for the Wi Fi on the ship or something like that, then you set up ahead of time, like hey, you're my emergency contact. Yeah, don't worry about the alert that says I'm.
Speaker 1: Dead, vacation mode or something that you could turn on and be able to do that, because otherwise you're gonna have a lot of false positives when it comes to people using Yeah, you can also I.
Speaker 6: Mean, in that case you could see that the phone was moving, or that it left the coverage there.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's true, but be honest, answer answer this honestly. Don't say any names. Don't mention anybody. Don't say any names here. Do you know anybody that you think if they died, it might take people a day or two to figure it out. Do you know anybody you're like, They don't leave home a lot, they don't have anybody around them, they're single. They very well could die in their house and it might take a couple of days before people discover that.
Speaker 2: Do you know anybody in that position without saying their name? Yeah, yes, I think I knew somebody that did die under that, and you didn't check up on them.
Speaker 1: Wow, it wasn't like a best friend, wasn't that.
Speaker 2: It wasn't even somebody that I talked to in a long time.
Speaker 1: That's the problem. They didn't have any best friends, and you wouldn't be one, So they rotted away and melted into their couch in that.
Speaker 2: Remember a couple of years.
Speaker 4: Ago that I had like the news had shown up in front of the apartment complex across the street from me, and it was a.
Speaker 11: Girl or guy who had who had killed themselves yep, and it was. If it was not for the old lady who was like just like the lady in charge.
Speaker 4: She was not the landlord by any means, but she just knew everyone because we lived there for fifteen years, that person would have still been dead in her house for at least another two weeks.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, time would have gone by for sure.
Speaker 1: All right, let us know what you think, Tips ofthewsjunkie dot com. Would you download this app? Do you know anybody who would be in that position where if they died, like literally, it could be a couple of days before anybody even knew. Not you, I know, you're so popular and cool that people wouldn't know immediately. Beautiful there and good looking. That's true, absolutely true. Here's a fun time. This was just for the record, I hate the pop any balloons here. But allegedly this was a staged incident. However, peewee hockey the Hershey Bears were playing and the kid's hockey game turned into one of the biggest hockey brawls.
Speaker 2: Many people have seen it in a while. Here's what went down.
Speaker 1: If you missed it. The kids are brawling, punching somebody down on the ground.
Speaker 7: The cloud is in you.
Speaker 1: I know. Now, in reality, the crowd should be like, oh my goodness, these kids are like eight, they're all beating the hell out of each other on the ice right now, and the parents are like, yeah, you said.
Speaker 2: This is allegedly not fake but staged.
Speaker 1: It's stage. They released a statement, I'll read it in a second or this. Yeah, first of all, I mean, and maybe probably in pee wee. The rules are a little different.
Speaker 6: In regular ass hockey like NHL hockey, there's plenty of fighting that goes on. People pretty much look forward to it. I remember when one of the hockey video games came out. If you started fighting, that video turned from hockey game to mortal combat. And you're like, right, and but what is this teaching kids that were staging fights? And that is the response that they get. You know, yeah, no we're not We're not supposed to fight.
Speaker 1: But if we do a little fakey fight, and then the crowd goes absolutely ape as wild.
Speaker 2: They're like, yeah, they're fighting us, go so and.
Speaker 4: They will plan out future fights instead of just randomly decking somebody in the streets.
Speaker 2: Sea Lane Jackson's a hockey player.
Speaker 1: He's on the ice.
Speaker 2: He starts slugging it out.
Speaker 7: With Money's on Jackson. He could sluck.
Speaker 1: He's a big boy. He's a big boy. But are you gonna be like get him? Or are you gonna be like, oh no, this is not appropriate. Watch. I will be like get him, and then as soon as like I'm in earshot of him, I'll.
Speaker 2: Be like, you are in trouble, sir.
Speaker 1: That poly market and wet you bet on the kids fights and that you should be able to this is this is.
Speaker 2: A This is a slippery slope down the wrong path.
Speaker 1: Fifteen point eight million views. It got over the weekend, absolutely sky wall. But I guess a lot of people didn't know this. It was faked, this story, says. Youth Ice Hockey Club releases a statement following quote staged fight at the Hershey Bears game as the Hirshey Bear as these young kids the Central Pen Panthers Youth Ice Hockey Club at Lisa statement, they said, at this time it's important to allow this process to take place before drawing conclusions. We appreciate the patience and understanding of families, partners and community as we work through this matter. Yahbad Yabadi. They said, We're aware of a staged fight that occurred during the game, and club officials are investigating the matter and they're still going to get in trouble. Appropriate disciplinary action will be taken against the players and team officials involved with the stage fights.
Speaker 6: Wait, they called it an intermission game, So was this an adult hockey game where they let the kids play during.
Speaker 7: House Absolutely show to a kid's game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a huge crowd of people. And if they did do that, why are you Why are you punishing him? That's a fun time. I think it's a good time. Let us know what you think, though, send a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 2: Kind of funny, But Jackson your grounded.
Speaker 1: You're in trouble right now. We'll get to I got another question about the something you may or may not do as a father with Jackson sealand that I really wanted to ask you. We'll put this forward. We also have a very very strange moment on air Force one that we need to address something big coming to the world of sports. All that and more coming up next on The News Junkie. We're gonna have some fun in the world's most viral newsroom. Learn about the show at thenewsjunkie dot com. Where are my autistic friends at? I want to know how you feel about this, because I love what I see these stories, and I'm like, I wonder how actual autistic people feel about stuff like this. Because Barbie wants it's like woke points for the month, and they roll out a particular Barbie Barbie.
Speaker 2: And the Barbie doll like they'll make like twenty of them or some thing.
Speaker 1: You know. They don't mass produce it because they know the little girls all over the country don't actually want to buy the wheelchair Barbie or whatever.
Speaker 2: Sorry, that's just the reality of it. I'm not trying to be mean. It's what they do.
Speaker 1: They just make like twenty of them, so they sell out and they're like, oh my god, a wheelchair Barbie is sold out in record time. And it's like, Okay, you're doing this because you want to be able to say our Barbies represent a wide range of people. They all weigh eighteen pounds. This barbie will not look you in the eyes. They said, just for the record, A couple of problems I have with this. It says Mattel has released their first autistic Barbie doll and the Barbie doll has headphones on and like a tablet that comes along with it.
Speaker 2: And a fidget spinner. It can talk through the tablet.
Speaker 1: I guess, noise canceling headphones, and a bendable elbow and wrist for stemming. Which, Okay, there's so many things about this, that's what the communication is very odd. Yeah, Like as they're trying to run the whole gamut for all levels of like self.
Speaker 7: Diagnosis, I guess they're hitting all of them.
Speaker 1: Right. This shows you why the spectrum is kind of dopey, man, because it's like somebody who has a fidget spinner, Like if you're in the same ballpark as somebody who cannot communicate with another individual because autism is a communication uh issue in most most cases for these people, that's that. Well, that shows you how useless all these definitions being changed over and over actually are. But when I see this, I'm like, oh God, it's so funny to see these kind of things. And I really want to know what autistic people think about this, because they're clearly going for points. They're like, look, autistic, Barbie, she's out there counting Barbie. I'm looking at this Barbie much a.
Speaker 4: Regular barbie cost and then you can get the accessories after the fact, because.
Speaker 1: This this particular barbie doesn't have a price on it, and the one that I'm looking at here doesn't say like how much they charge for it. Again, I know they do small batch of these, so they could say that they sold out. But the thing is, I'm looking at this person. It's like, this person's not autistic. This person's not autistic. And I know what you're thinking. But let me tell you the truest thing you will hear all day long. Okay, this is the truest thing that you will hear all day long. I can't look at somebody and tell if they're autistic, but I can look at somebody and tell if they're not autistic. I think my radar on that's at about like one hundred percent, right, Like I can look at somebody and be like, Okay, just just by looking at you, I can rule you out. I can say that you're not autistic. The person I'm looking at here, this character one thousand percent.
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, I was making a joke about stereotypes or just whatever. In the official corporate Mattel release, it says one of the features of autistic Barbie.
Speaker 2: Here is I gaze.
Speaker 1: The doll is designed with an I gaze shifted slightly to the side, which reflects how some members of the autistic community may avoid direct eye contact. First of all, why is it Barbie and not Ken? Anybody got an answer for that? I don't know anybody got an answer. Yeah, it's an autistic person. Why isn't it a guy?
Speaker 7: Because a female?
Speaker 1: What percentage of autistic people do you think are female?
Speaker 7: What percentage of autistic people want to Barbie?
Speaker 1: The amount of autistic people that are female is like twenty percent? Is like eighty percent dudes who are actually autistic?
Speaker 2: Joe, all right, no wonder.
Speaker 1: Ken says his job is beach because you won't even lett him be the autistic guy.
Speaker 6: In the Barbie world, autism is announced more often in males, traditionally cited at a four to one ratio, but recent research suggests the true ratio is closer to three to one or even lower.
Speaker 1: Nonsense, Absolute nonsense, And I'll tell you why. It's because they keep opening the gate to say who's autistic versus who's not autistic? Autistic medically diagnosed autism like actual autism in adults, it's about eighty percent.
Speaker 2: It's about eighty percent male versus female.
Speaker 1: Barbie puts the headphones on and gets herself a tablet and a fidget.
Speaker 2: Spinner or something, and it's like, here you go.
Speaker 1: Now, I know we have autistic listeners out there, including you, and I don't want to talk down to you like this.
Speaker 2: So I want to know what do you think?
Speaker 1: Do you see this? You see right through this? Do you see what Mattel's doing? Do you see what they're using this for? Or you're like, I will take anything, whatever representation they'll give us, will take a Let us know what you think about that. Send a dispatch over at the news junkie dot com a couple of Trump moments I'd like to share with you if you don't mind.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you guys saw this.
Speaker 1: I think this happened over the weekend and not on Friday when you were doing the show. But did you see the There was the big press conference with all the oil people. Okay, so it's all the oil industry people around this huge table at the White House, and there was a sort of a Michael Scott moment where you know what they call the chairs in that room. What oily stools? Trump got up during the meeting and.
Speaker 7: Kind of like that, what was that?
Speaker 1: Th X actually working too far off?
Speaker 7: Sehn, I'm proud of us.
Speaker 1: Are we to as close we might be? We might have just nailed it, And they'll be proud of that. The aut pick up your fidget spinners at the lobby, Yeah, they'd be like, that is representation. Trump in the middle of this meeting gets up and stares out the window and this has become a great meme. Now hold on half, I'm gonna turn this up just a little bit here. And these Twitter videos tend to be not nearly as loud as they need to be. But he gets up in the middle of the speech.
Speaker 14: Well.
Speaker 2: I gotta look at this my self, goes to the window.
Speaker 1: Wow, what a p This is the door to the ball.
Speaker 2: I wish the clip at the rest of it.
Speaker 1: Because when when Trump turned around after looking out the window and saying, well, that's the view to the ballroom right there, when he turned around, God, see see if you can find the rest of the clip trump ballroom window or something, because when he when he turned around, he goes probably think it's a little weird for me to look out the.
Speaker 2: Window at this point in time. I know what you're thinking.
Speaker 1: Strange time from man to look out the windows.
Speaker 7: Looking at the window was next.
Speaker 2: And the people started meming the hell out of it. And there there was one the Amazon bush.
Speaker 13: Yeah it is it is here, here we are and if you, in fact, if you look, come to think of it, I.
Speaker 1: Gotta look at this place. Show the meme out the window. Wow of you. They started meeting it because they took and green screened the window that he's looking at.
Speaker 4: Of for stuff like that, where I'm like, okay, I'm all right with the advancement of the technology.
Speaker 6: If you if you google trump ballroom window, there's a there's a c NBC YouTube clip that has the whole thing and where he says the part afterwards, what was the point of the meeting?
Speaker 1: The one in the point of the window meeting was talking about oil investments in Venezuela.
Speaker 7: And the window came up. Okay, trying to put the things together.
Speaker 2: Trump ballroom window, I don't see a CNBC can.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna fire it in an email to you real time.
Speaker 2: Are you trying to stay away from text messaging or it's.
Speaker 1: Easier to eat the.
Speaker 2: Text messaging. I need to get on my laptop on any of my windows around.
Speaker 1: There's a whole thing. I forgot you were a boomer. I totally forgot about that. Yes, you absolute very easy for me. I've got my stimmy going here now see Lane is it's it's two thousand and one and Sea Lane is sending me a link via the intranet www dot. It's going three sent in tips. Oh ga, let even look at the right place to the other one. All right, I got an email from Chris Lane.
Speaker 2: All right, here it is. This is I guess Trump going to look at the window and.
Speaker 13: If your in fact, if you look, come to think of it, well, I gotta.
Speaker 1: Look at this place. Show there's a huge meeting going on.
Speaker 2: Cameras everywhere, people everywhere.
Speaker 1: Wow, Wow, this is the door to the right now. This is the part I was telling you about that they cut out of the other club. Unusual time to look.
Speaker 13: If the fake news would like to go back and take a look, you can. But you just see a very big foundation that's moving. We're ahead of schedule in.
Speaker 7: The ballroom and budget behind schedule.
Speaker 13: I don't think there'll be anything like it in the world. Actually, I think it would be the best we went from. This is, as you know, our biggest rooms.
Speaker 2: He's at his unusual time to go take a look.
Speaker 1: I know it's a little bit strange, but I wanted to take a look at that ballroom.
Speaker 2: It's in process.
Speaker 6: There was one Trump moment I saw over the weekend, and I don't know if you have this or what, but somebody was calling him out because they were at a meeting and Marco Rubio had written something down in private, yeah, and then slid it over to him.
Speaker 1: And he just read it. I would have done this too, Yeah.
Speaker 7: Why do we talk right in your ear in the talk back? Just wait?
Speaker 1: Why? Yeah? I mean I don't know if that's autistic Barbie material too, but I would have done this too, because if you go here, I'm handing you a super secret off the air message.
Speaker 2: I'm a hull hell of a freeze frame?
Speaker 1: What is this here? All right? Thank you? You'll you'll make it back one way or the other. I think, really very well, Marco just gave me enough. Go back to Chevron.
Speaker 13: They want to discuss something, go ahead, and I'm going back to Chevron.
Speaker 1: No, buddy, I just read the notes over here. I like that full transparency here right, We're just no secrets or nothing. What what are uh? What are these they got like glasses with little lids on this? Is this an optical illusion? Or are there waters? No, so they don't get poisoned or something.
Speaker 4: Or the poison protectors those have been around for a while. I also think they pour water like hours beforehand. Yeah, and so cute little toppers.
Speaker 1: So like nothing like falls in there, a little condom for their water to make sure that they that they aren't like getting any poison in there.
Speaker 4: Sean, congratulations, you're a non autistic um because I was screaming stuff into your ear and you went right past it.
Speaker 2: I didn't even hear it.
Speaker 1: No, not one thing. Oh No, you're not autistic or death. It could be that. It could, But the way I sound inside my headphones right now is quite odd. So I don't know, you know, I don't know how things things are going audibly for me. It could be a real mess. I've got more. I've got more clips clips go lore today we're just getting started. We have to talk more about the protests and or on and the ice stuff. Go fund me in the in the world of the ice situation in Minnesota, and I talk about this, we'll do it before jury duty. Jury duty's kind of loaded up. We've got a police officer who's very pissed off. I want you to tell me if you think this is petty or not what the police officers mad about. But before that, before we get into jury duty, there is a network that is going to change sports broadcasting forever. Their idea. I want to know if you think it's a genius one or if you think this is just stupid. So we'll pitch that to you. This sports idea that's going to change everything. Coming up next in the news Chunkie and this story is bizarre. I would lose count after a while. Probably, Yeah, Gourney's been deep diving on this guy's instagram. It's a real.
Speaker 2: Uh not yet, No, No, it's very very strange.
Speaker 1: First we'll get to uh yeah, probably, we'll get to that in just a second here on the show. Before we do Jury duty, quick question for sports fans, how do you feel about this? Okay, I'll use sports fans. I don't care what your favorite team is. I don't care what your favorite sport is. I know you like it. I know you'll want it. I know you're a sport. Oh, I want to ask you this CES was going down last week. We talked a lot about the new technology. I think while I was gone, you guys even made mention of some more like the gadgets and gizmos that were on display in Las Vegas at the biggest consumer electronics show in the world. But one of the places that debuted something. You guys, Maybe you guys talked about this. If you did, then whatever bet did you talk about what Peacock had.
Speaker 2: Released at the CES show for this year?
Speaker 1: No? Okay, Peacock the streamer, obviously NBC's streaming outlet. Peacock was debuting some stuff themselves, some new technology. If you watch anything via Peacock, this would affect you in some way. But they're big into broadcasting a lot of the sports on that platform over on the Peacock app and the feature. I wonder how some of the broad casters will feel about this. The future they were showing off the most was when you're watching a football game, Peacock is going to allow you to mute the announcers.
Speaker 2: They're going to allow for.
Speaker 1: A feature that will sing mute only the announcers. All right, there's just the people, your Joe Bucks, all those types or baseball, whatever game you're watching, you can you can mute the announcers and just have all the rest of the content coming through to you.
Speaker 7: Now, what is the rest of the content?
Speaker 1: Crowd noise, the in stadium noises that get picked up sometimes, I likely.
Speaker 6: The microphones that are in those giant like satellite dish looking things that, yeah, that kind of focus in the sound on some of the plays, like when you hear the football players crashing into each other and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: And you know what, and you've seen like the like post production clips of players that are miked up.
Speaker 7: I would love to hear that live.
Speaker 2: Rather than hearing these old, stodgy broadcasts.
Speaker 7: Brought to you by the third season of the show you never heard of.
Speaker 1: Are you still going to That's a good point because here here they are selling advertising on some of these football games.
Speaker 2: Are those gonna go away?
Speaker 6: Is there gonna be an option to have some of those like in content reads removed from the thing. Or also when they start putting up on screen graphics, are they gonna Are you still gonna hear the wooshes and all that weird stuff.
Speaker 1: Peacock says they are going to completely personalize the fan experience and enhance the sites and sounds of the games. These changes on Peacock for sports broadcasts will provide more vivid and balanced colors, immersive sound, and clear dialogue even when there's loud background or ambient noise. They also said that they're going to have a new feature where you can control the audio level for different things. So you have like a little audio mixer in your settings, and an audio mixer. You can have crowd noise, you can have referees, you can have the broadcasters, and you can mute any of those things if you want to. So if you want up the yap and yap and yap and yapp and you want to just mute them, you'll get rid of them entirely, and you have your own little like mixer for the audio for the game that you're watching. Well, I don't know how many of you but it would be into that, but let us know you're like, oh my god, please, thank god. I would definitely try it out just to see. But I think what you'll find when you mute the announcers is it is going to be so drastically different from the sports broadcast you're used to watching. That it's going to feel a bit uncanny. It's going to be a little awkward, I think. Yeah. It was like when I went to see a couple of NFL games live and I was like, I can't hear the guys telling me everything that's happening on the screen.
Speaker 2: Now I have to figure it out for myself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, guys, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Imagine baseball? You know, have you doing this with a baseball game?
Speaker 6: You're like, oh gosh, you know, on one hand, and I don't have to listen to these guys vamp and just kind of like fill time. But now nothing's filling the time. It's just kind of weird. It goes back to like a lot of the innovations in sports broadcasting have happened just gradually, gradually, gradually, so much so that we forget how it used to be. But when you watch like that NFL documentary on YouTube that I've talked about before, it's really good about like some of the creations of the things we're so used to about watching a game, and they show footage of old games that didn't have lines on the field, didn't have score bugs, didn't have the kind of shots that they get now with the cable cam. You go, you go, Wow, people watched football games like this. This seems incredibly boring. Yeah, it's very very old school.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Two things.
Speaker 1: Number one, if you miss this and you're just jumping on board with us today it is Monday, we're doing a rate my blank today, Rate my shirt. We'll pick a winner. All you have to do is take a photograph of your shirt that you're rocking today. Maybe it's a news Junkie shirt. Maybe it's an interesting one, a funny one, maybe it's something you're into. Whatever it is, send that in go to the News Junkie dot com sending it as a photo dispatch, and we will rate those in the final hour of the show today.
Speaker 2: That's number one. Number two, let's do jury duty.
Speaker 9: Before it is now in session, and so put your phone down and pay attention before we call the bailiff over to whip your ass.
Speaker 2: You're knowing jury duty with the News Junkie. You guys are gonna like this.
Speaker 1: You're gonna like this. I know, Okay, it's something that we've talked about on this show for years, and I think we've all kind of agreed that it's stupid, and finally a politician. All of them are so dumb, they're all losers, all of these politicians. Finally one of them is like, you know what, let's actually fix something stupid. Let's actually fix something that's stupid out there. I'll tell you what it is in a moment. Jury duty brought to you by the one the only mode the law firm injured on the go, just call mo.
Speaker 2: He is the attorney that is generally just hanging out in Sea Lane studio.
Speaker 1: He's a Q can't see him on frame now, but he's just reads right behind his shoulder, usually just hanging out and there waiting to speaking about it. But you can get him on your side as a vigorous, an amazing attorney. All you have to do is call eight hundred Calmo eight hundred calmo. Or after an accident, you reach out and you go to the website first at just call moo dot com. Here we go. This is a representative from Casper, Wyoming, and finally, Casper, Wyoming not the biggest of cities. Let me see just how big this is. Tjai can tell me. I'm sure how big is Casper, Wyoming. What's the population there.
Speaker 9: Casper, Wyoming has a population of around sixty thousand people.
Speaker 10: It's not a huge city, but it's one of the larger ones in Wyoming.
Speaker 1: Damn Wyoming, get that. That's one of your bigger cities. Sixty thousand people in Casper, Wyoming.
Speaker 2: It's the second most populous city in the state after Cheyenne.
Speaker 1: God Dan really Mike Vang is a lawyer who has been focused on this issue for a while, and this particular representative, her name is Julie Jarvis, is finally going to do something about it. What is it, Well, this state representative from Casper, Wyoming is going to keep people from being charged with drunk driving. What if they're drunk riding a horse, mule, or a donkey. We have heard these stories year after year after year on the show, and we have argued that these are these are animals that move on their own and that do not have an engine behind them and is against the spirit of any kind of DUI or d WI law. But you go to jail, you get a DUI in most most states for this.
Speaker 2: But you're still kind of in control of them right now.
Speaker 7: Been on a trail with the horse. Is that know where they're going?
Speaker 4: Doesn't matter if you're kicking them as far as you can on the side, they're still the same.
Speaker 2: Never kill that horse.
Speaker 1: It's like putting a Tesla in auto drive. They are just you know, they're moving.
Speaker 7: Along unless you get the horse drunk.
Speaker 4: Now we have some issue problem, but I appreciate Wyoming finally making it known like this.
Speaker 7: Is the safest way should you have the choice between a.
Speaker 1: Car or horse?
Speaker 4: Is it not?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well they said they're going to change it so that vehicle does not include horses, mules, or other equines when ridden by a person. And the changes finally happen for those of you who just want to have a couple of drinks, get schnockered, enjoy your life, and they ride a horse.
Speaker 6: Can you imagine some person who has access to horses that just here's this news and.
Speaker 2: Goes loophole, Baby, let's go.
Speaker 6: Let's get some Uh, let's get some What do they call the thing you tie the horses to?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, there's gonna be.
Speaker 2: Something you tie your horse up to when you go to a place that's a horse pole.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a horse. You get some horse poles at my local bar because I'm horsing it up. Baby, we're there.
Speaker 2: I can go home on my horse, nice and hammered, and who's going to stop me? Yeah? I would love that.
Speaker 4: Don't consider animal abuse though. Secondly, you said and other equines, And I was curious what falls under that.
Speaker 7: If your ass has a zebra, you can write that and not get a d want good.
Speaker 2: This is America. This is America.
Speaker 1: And if you're on a zebra or a or a donkey, or a mule or a zunkie for that matter, all of those things are very very real, for the record, and all of those things are not things you should get a DUI on. So I salute this politician who's who's actually trying to do something about it for once.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 1: A police officer is very very angry, and it's all about the way he was treated at a particular location.
Speaker 2: It was a Starbucks location. Hang on.
Speaker 1: I got to bring up the post that started all of this. The LA Sheriff posted about this, and they were getting a lot of heat on their Facebook page. Here's the post, says message from the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department. The department is aware and deeply concerned about an incident that occurred at a local coffee shop in Norwalk on Friday. A deputy stopped for coffee and was served a cup bearing a hand drawn image of a pig, which is commonly used to demean law enforcement. This action was extremely offensive, inappropriate, and unacceptable. The deputy quickly reported the incident to the store manager, who advised the matter would be investigated. Upon learning of this incident from the employee, the sheriff immediately escalated the matter, contacted an individual in the coffee company's corporate security division and raised concerns. Our deputies served this community with professional some dedication, and commitment under difficult and dangerous circumstances. Our deputies are part of the community. YadA, YadA, YadA, YadA. They said, this is promoting hostility and division toward law enforcement. Let's see. Let me see if I can bring the actual cup up here. This is the cup that was handed to the police officer. I'll put it on see it now as well. And it's got a drawing. It's got a little pitch on the side of the Starbucks coffee cup and it says dibo accept or. It's very very hard to see what the text says. There's two words by each of the pigs, little legs.
Speaker 7: And white balls of the Starbucks employee, though.
Speaker 1: It does look like.
Speaker 7: Bur Have you been in a line for Starbucks, especially if you're.
Speaker 1: Supposed to be moving, you know, not drawing pigs. Here's what I want to know. I'm I'm gonna throw a flag on the field here. I want to I want to see their security video of this. I want to see this. Either this is the the Starbucks employee that so desperately just doesn't care about their job anymore, or what are the chances that this guy was like, I know what I could do.
Speaker 7: I mean, that's a good pig, though it's clearly a.
Speaker 1: Car I've seen better, and I've actually seen I've actually seen better, drawn by a friend of mine, who then handed it straight to a cop Alright, you're blowing away my my idea of what's happening here. Uh, this pig was put on this person's coffee. But they also said that the officer didn't like name the employee or something. Let me go back to the story. Excuse me. The action was extremely offensive. On the private Instagram account, the deputy targeted by the drawing said he stopped at Starbucks. The manager said he reported the incident, and they said it would be investigated. The Starbucks spokesperson condemned the employee's action, said the drawing appears to be a popular meme, not associated with law enforcement, that never should be delivered to a customer.
Speaker 2: So they're saying it was a meme.
Speaker 4: Okay, So security footage would also show if they did this to other customers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, are drawing the Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, do they draw a little piggy on everybody's coffee? Or is this special for the police officers because they want to say you're you're a cop.
Speaker 2: Because if it is for the police officer, welcome on.
Speaker 6: Okay, So the little things, those little circles on me. I'm looking at the meme right now. Okay, look up, John pork is calling. Those are buttons on your phone where you would accept or decline a phone.
Speaker 1: Call, Okay, John pork Is, Oh, okay, Okay, that's what it is. It looks like on Pork. It looks like this pig who shows up on your phone and you could decline or accept the call. Okay, Now we need to know is this just for the police officer or was this like, hey, everybody gets a little meme, a little meme on your car.
Speaker 2: I still think it was just for the police officer, but this sounds.
Speaker 1: Like it might.
Speaker 7: I also love this John pork Is calling.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen this before, but I like it.
Speaker 1: There's merch and everything for this guy, John pork is calling as the name of the meme, T shirts all the rest. And what do you think is this officer? Has this officer been wronged? Should this person be fired? Let us know what your thoughts are. Send a dispatch at the news junkie dot com. Okay, quick break, we'll get some updates on the protest happening around the country, the situation in Iran. I got some emails coming in the three key ages in which your brain ages dramatically, are you close to one of them?
Speaker 2: We'll find out. That's coming up next in the News Junkie.
Speaker 1: Still got to get into that story about the guy where they found like a hundred skeletons inside his home. It's crazy, It's absolutely unhinged. But first, speaking of tips at the news junkie dot com. Christina emails the show and she says Females with Autism.
Speaker 2: That's the title.
Speaker 1: I was talking about how there's a new autistic Barbie, which is like all of the most cringe things you might think of when you think of autism, Like it came with a fidget spinner, and it's got the head the autistic kid headphones on, which is really just overstimulation headphones that people put on in loud environments and stuff.
Speaker 2: It's like very very token. And I also said why this could have been a ken thing?
Speaker 1: You know, I don't want to be pedantic and the most pedantic arena on earth when we're talking talking about like Barbie dolls and stuff. But for real, it seems that most of the people with autism tend to be men. And Christina says females with autism, Hey, best friends, I never do a hab. I just heard your segment about the autistic Barbie, and I agree with your take on why they made it, but I want to give you some info. I've been working with people with autism for about twenty years and I actually did my dissertation for my PhD on females with autism. Look at you go. You are partially right that they are widening the definition umbrella. But here's something you may not know. When the diagnosis of autism was first created about eighty years ago, it was based on observations of some atypically developing individuals, most of all of whom were boys. This means from the very beginning, our understanding of what autism looks like has been skewed towards what boys with autism look like. Now we have come to understand that girls and boys developed differently. What what are you saying? How could you? We have come to develop and understand that boys and girls developed differently beginning in the womb. And it's well known in the field of child development that girls' language skills developed faster and better than boys for many years.
Speaker 2: Isn't that true? God?
Speaker 1: Nothing is more clear than like fifth and sixth grade, where the young girls are mature far.
Speaker 2: Beyond the years of the young boys.
Speaker 1: The young girls can communicate on like a completely different level than the young boys, and they.
Speaker 2: Are surging ahead of them in every measurable way for like a year.
Speaker 1: For like a year, they have physically a lot of times will be bigger than the boys and certainly will pass them in language skills and stuff.
Speaker 2: So yeah, we're in agreement with there.
Speaker 1: So I'm known in the field of child development, the girls language skills developed faster and better than boys for many years. That means girls with autism are often missed because they may be speaking but not as well as they're typically developing peer girls. Unfortunately, the tools that detect these differences and girls are still insufficient. It is an area that needs to be improved. Love the show, keep up the good work, says Christina. Thank you for the email, Christina, and the information. Always appreciated. It literally is the case with autism. It's not just a meme that it was a lot of younger guys and literally their grandpop Oz would like smack them in the head and say, you know, have you tried stop being such an idiot? Like, well, hang on, fuck, I don't know if he's in like buck up material here.
Speaker 2: I think this person might be a little bit different.
Speaker 1: U Did they buck up? Sometimes? I imagine they might have. But but when when I look at all of this and I wonder which you would Christina agree on this front, I think it it is we have done such a level.
Speaker 2: Of damage in redefining everything all right.
Speaker 1: In twenty twenty six, if you look at a snapshot of probably two dozen words that could give you, you know, and you could go to the most controversial first, like nazi, racist, sexist, homophobic, all of these words PTSD, which we'll get to it a little bit as well, because there's a crazy story about that. Autism is certainly one of the ones that would be top of mind where we've opened the definition up so much that I'll see like young popular TikTokers who clearly have very little social communication issues, have a million followers on some kind of social media platform. They're popular on this one that one, or you know whatever, when you can think of right and it will be like, you know, self diagnosis Sunday, I'm definitely autistic, and you'll go.
Speaker 7: Oh, right, we talked about full blown reveal parties for autism.
Speaker 1: Or not right and when then when when you see somebody who has autism and then you see the person who's like, oh, you know, I put it in my bio on social media profiles, it's just so different that it makes you're blowing out the word. You're you're ruining it, You're ruining everything to do with the word. And to me, I'm old fashioned like this I think language matters. I think calling everybody fascist or or racist or autistic or you know whatever you want to throw around that day blows these words out, and then we just end up where we are now, where people are in totally different universes and don't even really care to find common agreement anymore. I'm bringing autism around to this larger thing, but I think, you know, you get the point.
Speaker 2: We've taken that.
Speaker 1: Word autism and stretched it out too much to be inclusive. Why are we being inclusive with autism? Autism is an exclusive thing. So the thing that the people who deal with this really I do care about them. I do want them to have better outcomes. I do find the study of folks who are dealing with these communication issues and other sensory issues that come along with autism to be super interesting. But I don't find Mattel going we made twenty of these. Barbie's got headphones and a fidget spinner, and she's total's autistic. BTW. Yeah, It's like, Okay, this seems a little bit lame to me, but maybe I'm alone. Let us know what you think. Tips at the news Junkie dot com or we'll get into these dispatches, which which include our rate my blanks for today being Monday, and we're doing rate my shirt. We've got a lot of them we got maybe we're gonna start looking at these in just a moment. Of course, the one from Seychelles is coming across as a broken image. But yeah, we'll look at all of these here momentarily from right. See late, I asked you earlier if you would be okay with something parenting wise.
Speaker 2: I want to show you something. I'll describe it.
Speaker 1: For everybody else. Here's a video. It's going quite viral, and it's of a father teaching his young child a lesson. And some people are like, what that is abusive? What are you doing? Oh?
Speaker 2: The father is over by the wall socket.
Speaker 1: He's laying on the carpet and he's over by the wall socket and his little infant child is very close to the wall socket.
Speaker 2: Right the dad.
Speaker 1: I'll turn it up for you guys. I mean that he pretends to put his finger into the electric socket the wall outlet while the baby is watching, and then he pretends to be getting electrocuted, and the baby starts crying. And already on chat you people, you you pearl clutchers are already saying too young, way, too young, What are you doing? Too young? Well, I want to know what Sea Lion thinks about this. Is it too young or is that what better time to teach him not to put something in the wall.
Speaker 2: I think it's too young because the child's not going to learn that. The child's scared. The child's scared, but it's he's not going to remember that.
Speaker 4: It's not like or if he does, he's not going to plug in anything when he's enough, and that's gonna be super annoying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the child cried because daddy scared him. It's hilarious.
Speaker 7: Y see the sweet dad, poor baby.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can't touch that.
Speaker 7: Remember that's no no, oh no. The dad's not even getting up.
Speaker 1: It's electrocuted.
Speaker 7: This's just getting.
Speaker 1: He has to show the baby that it's dangerous to touch that. Like when you go home, you should go over. Well, while Jackson's wandering around the kitchen and stuff, go over to a hot pot on the stove and grab it and oh my god, yeah, screaming seeing.
Speaker 4: That, like the where they grab like a stuffed animal and they just start punching it, and the baby like, uh, you know, we'll see. I think it's maybe for like giving medicine. This is a trend, but a lot more violent obviously. Yeah, and the baby did not take the medicine or the stuffed animal didn't, so they got punched, and all of a sudden, the baby's taking medicine.
Speaker 7: I'm not a parent, but apparently scared tactics. It can work.
Speaker 1: It can work. You know when when Dylan was a young kid, to teach him to be aware of strangers, I used to put a mustache on and drive in a creepy van around the neighborhood and try to get him inside the van. I would try to encourage him to get inside with me so he would understand what could happen if something went sound.
Speaker 7: And how many times did he get taken by a strangers?
Speaker 5: Show?
Speaker 1: He zero? So maybe one low digits low low single digit numbers that he has been kidnapped as of now, And I attribute that to these early on lessons.
Speaker 2: He also knows there was amer.
Speaker 6: That would be just I could the rest of the year just would be mean, just a little mustache, like a creeper van, no windows.
Speaker 7: That candy have the technology.
Speaker 1: All you hear it is the kid crying.
Speaker 10: You can't touch that.
Speaker 7: Kind of.
Speaker 1: How is this any different than throwing the kid in the pool to teach him how to flip over and float.
Speaker 7: I guess who's doing that.
Speaker 1: The teaching instructor. Hopefully I would think what you did, well, the dad is the instructor.
Speaker 7: You got to make sure you get dead up and show that you're alive.
Speaker 4: You're traumatizing the child. You have to play dead for a while first lactating at this moment, if you play dead for like two minutes, that baby is going to go okay. I'll never do that again. I will never do it now. Ceiling is too much of a pussy to do this so Jackson.
Speaker 6: If I did that with Jackson, he would think it's hilarious and want to recreate the situation. So instead of instead of playing dead and playing electrocute like like some sort of electrocution cause play, I did what real parents do and shelled out a few bucks to cover up the outlets.
Speaker 1: You think it's just cheap, yeah, but how much money?
Speaker 2: A lot of stuff in that room, I do.
Speaker 1: I do love the alternate universe where Sea Lane's making the noises this fake shock dad is and and then Jackson. Instead of crying, Jackson just Jackson just gets up and starts doing the electric slow. All right, we have a game we play at my household when Jackson gets a hold of a pair of tongs where he acts like they're shocking us, and the first couple of times will go like we're being shocked. That's crazy.
Speaker 2: Here's a shock man.
Speaker 7: What do you mean he gets a hold of a pair of tongs?
Speaker 2: Is that something that gets a hold of a paratonge like kitchen.
Speaker 1: He's a curious little guy. He wants to get a hold of everything. Any drawer that is not somehow locked shut is free game for this guy. You're my tongue drawer is one of them? Yes, well, this this is illustrating the problem, is it not? This is illustrating the problem that you have to teach kids because they want to get into all of this stuff. But I'm saying when we make the noise, he laughs. He thinks it's funny, so he keeps doing it, and then we get tired of it, and it's like, all.
Speaker 7: Right, so maybe get some fake blood.
Speaker 6: But if I if I do the fake electrocution thing, he's gonna either want me to do it again, or he's going to try and do it because he thinks it's funny.
Speaker 4: And then now we just have chaos and everyone's dead and you don't have that app that you check in and we don't find out till week later.
Speaker 1: All right, parents, let us know if you think this is a fair way to teach your kids lessons.
Speaker 2: I see these people who are like, you should never lie to your kids. Change hiding. Lying to my child is one of my favorite things to do.
Speaker 1: Who are these parents who say this like you should never I don't care if it's about like some person around certain days of the year that arrives with certain things you should never ever tell your kids.
Speaker 2: And it's not like you know that you're crazy, you're crazy. I used to tell Dylan all kinds of messed up stuff.
Speaker 7: Of course, and he turned out dress fine.
Speaker 1: He's good, you know, asked him, Ask him next time he's on the show. I literally told him because his mom lived next to this area with a bunch of woods, I was like, they're all sorts of like creatures and pedophiles in.
Speaker 2: Do you want to get touched, you better stand out of the woods.
Speaker 15: I told himfully, he doesn't think it's funny. I'm going to go in dad. I told him around here, I go into the woods.
Speaker 7: I'm writing all this down for my future child.
Speaker 1: I told him like, hey, there are evil creatures in the woods, and I said, I went I think I told him that I went out there once. Oh no, I told him we had another kid and he went out of the woods and we haven't seen him in seven years. And I was like, he's probably out there with the dangerous people now. And he'd be like, really, another kid, and I'd go, yeah, you don't want to end up like him a kid this week.
Speaker 7: In the woods.
Speaker 1: We got you got to keep it together. And I think lying to your kids to.
Speaker 4: Teach them like that riddle this is that twenty five, twenty six, maybe years old? Yeah, has he gone camping at all? Or he is now still hasn't adult?
Speaker 7: Well, he's out the woods and.
Speaker 1: You say he hasn't, He hasn't. I don't know if that's the fear that's no. We lie to Jackson all the time. When we took him to Disney on Ice, we told him it was over at the intermission, like we're out of here. You know, this is this is enough?
Speaker 2: You keep banging on people's chairs.
Speaker 6: We need to go, somebody, somebody tried to to correct me because I was I said like, oh, Jack, wasn't that a great show? All right, great show, let's go home. And somebody was like, uh no, this is just intermission. It's only there, it's only half over. And I went, no, this is the whole show, sir, this is the higher show. And it was a great show.
Speaker 1: And now we're going home.
Speaker 7: We're getting involved in business.
Speaker 2: I think he was thought he was helping me out, like he thought I was the dumb and dumb that thought.
Speaker 4: The show was over and he's the guy who showed up without a child and uh no.
Speaker 6: Then there was just last night where we were watching you know, when we watch YouTube, we don't we don't pay for YouTube like Shan does. Uh so we we get commercials and so. And now he's learned the word commercial and like, whenever a commercial comes on, he.
Speaker 1: Goes comarcle, comarcle.
Speaker 2: That did commercle.
Speaker 6: And then then Ashley decided we were done watching YouTube videos for the day and we wanted to watch Traders and he said commercle and we said, yeah, we have to wait for the commercials over it was.
Speaker 1: The longest commercial he's ever seen.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and we just he every like he didn't figure it out. Every ten minutes or so, he would look up and.
Speaker 7: Go, come on, play the audio for him when he's older and understand.
Speaker 1: I'm sure the department, children and families would take interest in some of these instances.
Speaker 2: But I think it's good. I think it's good.
Speaker 1: It brings me back to I always quote this with Courtney. Courtney and I quote this little girl all the time because there was this little girl and her mom tried to teach her a lesson like this. I think this is it.
Speaker 12: If somebody said, as a grey, come with me, I have puppies in my truck, what would you say, OUR say.
Speaker 1: Yes, You're like, no, no, little girl, we need you to know that they're scary creepy men.
Speaker 2: Just like I'd say yes, all these little kids.
Speaker 12: If somebody said, as a grey, come with me, I have puppies in my truck, what would you say?
Speaker 4: I say yes, I would say yes, should know to the censor or storebanks.
Speaker 7: Sometimes.
Speaker 1: Courney and I all the time are like, I'd say yes, is this another girl? So it's the strangers? Hey, little girl, do you want to come see the puppies in my car. What do you say? Oh, yeah, yeah, yes, no, She corrected her for ye yes, yeah, I understand this is a language thing. You want me to be more precise. Yes, yes is the word that I'm going to We had an unfortunate poop related incident with the baby this weekend.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, we do have to take a break.
Speaker 6: I'll be quick and uh so you know, long story short, he got a lot of poop on him and we're trying to tell We're trying to tell her. Listen, buddy, you don't touch poop. Right, we need to say say I don't touch poop, and he does I touch poop? And I said, Jackson, I don't don't touch touch poop poop.
Speaker 1: Say it.
Speaker 6: Say the whole thing. I don't touch poop, I touch poop. Refuse to play the right thing.
Speaker 2: I see lessons out there for these kids all over the place.
Speaker 7: Cigarettes.
Speaker 1: So, uh, we still gotta get to the one hundred skeletons found in this weird oseed backyard.
Speaker 2: I promise you I got the press conference on that.
Speaker 1: That is, uh yep, and a whole lot more before we wrap things up here On a Monday. It's coming up next. I'm gonna use Chunkie. Somebody was responding to my uh rant earlier about the war on language. You know, it starts with autism, but there's like a million different things that people just redefine everything and then the words all meaning, which is basically the intention of this. And it's it's really like, I have a couple of core beliefs, you know, I have. I have different frameworks through which I look at things, and.
Speaker 2: I this guy I believes stuff I did. Yeah, I have a philosophy.
Speaker 1: My philosophy that guides me is that I want as many positive outcomes for as many Americans as possible, and all of this stuff that I look through, the decisions that I want made, and the political changes and stuff I want to see made are through that lens of it should get the most people the most positive outcomes, and outcomes are the most important thing right for Americans. One of my guiding principles is that like political people ruin everything. People who are very political activist types. Doesn't matter what side they're affiliated with or whatever. Political people ruin everything, and they ruin language or they've been on a mission in many cases to just completely ruin words by overusing them, calling everybody this, calling everybody that, And somebody said did you see that last night? Which I did not notice, is because I didn't watch. During the Golden Globes, they no longer said actress for any of the awards. They've changed and they don't they say female actor in a series or whatever. They don't say actress anymore. That's kind of what you were talking.
Speaker 7: About, made that announcement a while back.
Speaker 1: It's not it's not what I but it's not what I was talking about, because like if you there's there's things where it's it's mostly political people trying to make something happen, like Latin X that they really were pushing for a while, which nobody hated more than actually Spanish people. But oh and they when they try to make people, they try to make you bend to their their will by saying things differently and changing the way you talk about stuff.
Speaker 2: But I don't think it's the same with this.
Speaker 1: The word actor isn't, as far as I know, a male or female word. The word actor was. You know, there's no gender implied with the word actor to begin with. So that's why we didn't need the word actress for once. It was like the word that we had before was fine, And then they kind of were like, oh, let's let's refer to women who are actors as actresses. Actor can be men or woman. That was always the way that word worked as far as I was aware. I think that traditionally doesn't have to be male or female. So actor in a movie can be a male or a female actor. So they said in the awards I guess last night best female Actor in a movie. They're still splitting up the roles with genders and awards, which is totally fine, but I just I don't think that's the same. I think the push against actress was like, why do we need a different word for this? Like calling flight attendants stewardess is right, so like stewardess is obviously there's an implication. Yeah, this is a woman that we're talking about, and it was like, hey, some of these people are men, you know, who are in more so now than ever, who work in this field.
Speaker 6: I think another version of that that's uh much less used is to call a female comedian comedian, right, yeah.
Speaker 7: I think the median I barely hear, but female comedian all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, comedian works fine, Comedian covers the bases that you need. So I think that's not part of this like always changing up language for people, And mostly it's just done by people, especially when they know they have some sort.
Speaker 2: Of power to try to make you do whatever they say that week.
Speaker 4: That's fascinating enough, though, I did like look up when the word actress started being used, any idea.
Speaker 2: No, maybe when they started letting women on stage.
Speaker 1: Well, correct, women have been on stage and screen, or at least on screen since you know, since TV and movies have been around women.
Speaker 6: But like back in the like Shakespeare days, it was unacceptable for a woman to be on stage.
Speaker 14: Men played the women roles back then, right, So the word actress started being is round seventeen hundred, Yeah, merging after women were allowed to be on the English stage starting in sixteen fifty six, but for decades female performers were simply called actors, with actress becoming a distinct term later influenced by the French artrice.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: See, I think I think the actors it has been going off for a minute, but.
Speaker 1: It's not like they're trying to come up with some new word and it's like Hey, the default word here is fine. It makes sense, and linguistically it's okay, So I think that's a little bit different. All right, Oh boy, we have so many things to try to work in in not a huge amount of time to do it. I have lots of your rate my shirts here for rate my blank on a Monday. I want you to get the last ones in right now. Take a picture of your shirt, go to the newsjunkie dot com upload it as a photo dispatch. It takes like two seconds to do this. We'll give us a big fat final segment here so we can look at all the submissions and we can choose our winner. Who's going to win for rate my blank. This is Monday's edition rate my Shirt. We got to get to the three key ages your brain declines dramatically. Got to get to an update on the ice situation emails. Oh my god, there's a lot, and I don't know even the one hundred skeletons in a yard thing. I didn't even pay that off. All of that is coming up next and then he use chunky. All right, as we wrap things up, let me pay off all the teases of left dangling out there. This guy has been arrested. They called it the House of Horrors. I have the press conference here. It's pretty long. I wonder if they'll give us like an overview. At the beginning of this, a Pennsylvania man is facing more than five hundred charges after investigators say they discovered more than.
Speaker 2: One hundred human skeletal remains in his home.
Speaker 1: This guy at an Instagram where he was selling all these body parts and stuff, and courty was looking at yesterday and he would post, you be these are the remains of a young girl and she's looking for her forever home. And you can put the put her skeleton in your house. Oh, because you have so many and just was he apparently was stealing them. Yeah. Everyone, My name's Tanner rous On, the attorney of Delaware.
Speaker 3: County, and we are here today because of the arrest of thirty four year old.
Speaker 1: Jazz In Gerlock of Pennsylvania.
Speaker 3: Over the course of the last several weeks, detectives from Jayden Borough as well as Delaware County CID became aware that from November at twenty twenty five up until two days ago January of twenty twenty six, Okay, Mount Mariah Cemetery had been burglarized by at that point an unknown individual.
Speaker 2: Twenty six separate.
Speaker 3: Mausoleums and our underground burial sites had been torn into and lack of a better word, desecrated.
Speaker 1: Jesus, he grabbed the bone. Investigation took place.
Speaker 3: Jayden deserves a hell of a lot of credit on this for doing good old fashioned police work, going through LPRs, tracking physical evidence, piecing together a suspect. Cooperating with CID. We developed that suspect relate in weight. We eventually watched and caught mister Gerlock as he desecrated yet another monument as recently as two years ago.
Speaker 1: Wow, they caught him busting in again to steal more skeletal remains, and he had more than one hundred bodies at his house or like you know, the skeletal remains of these bodies.
Speaker 4: Security at these places, considering the thousands of dollars people paid to get buried at cemeteries.
Speaker 1: Yes, but the thing is, I don't think there's a huge risk that people will do this and until they do, and that's what's happening in this case. Jonathan Gurlock is his name, and by the way, he looks just like you might expect like.
Speaker 6: The person who robs graves and sells the bonds four he lod at creepstash. My gosh, no no, yeah, go check him out. I'll put this up on see it now as well. But that guy very very weird. Now let's get to our winner. Rate my blank for a Monday. It's rap my shirt today. I have a lot of submissions. Let me bring them to you. Here we are Sea Lance, Sabrina. Take these in, do what you will. Keep your favorite in mind. Here's greg O so birthplace, earth, race, human politics, freedom, religion, Love is the shirt. Musty Carlos says, to do list number one. Not akay, getting getting right to it today.
Speaker 2: I said we have a coworker named we did.
Speaker 1: A long time ago.
Speaker 7: Notn't work in here anymore.
Speaker 1: This guy's shirt just says Matt. He's showing this one off, all right, simple to the points. There's so many.
Speaker 4: Okay, you guys sign your thirties forties love your meme shirt.
Speaker 1: Here's another one, fat but I identify as skinny transslender says this person's shirt Matt from PSL has a just called mo shirt, has got merch on. All right, we'll keep that in mind. This is shark Bait, whose her shirt says I googled my symptoms.
Speaker 2: Turns out I'm a bitch.
Speaker 1: With a little shark on it, and you know she's shark fish. Yeah, so that makes sense. God, there's so many. Let me I want to work in at least a few more. This is.
Speaker 2: Kimbo.
Speaker 1: This is st a holiday one here to sleigh and it's a rooster on a sleigh. Alright, it's a little old for the holidays. This is some dandy Chickens has Winnie the Pooh ripping himself and a half.
Speaker 2: Any means necessary for for that one skull inside them. I don't know, pig what is that?
Speaker 7: Piglet?
Speaker 1: Uh that? You know what, I'll do one more. This is just the missy and just a regular shirt. So we we love that we're in the background, Missy, we love that. But what do we think? What do we think? We suppose pretty good? Yeah, you know what, both of you email me Bandy, Chickens and shark Bait. It's a good winning the Pooh shirt, Sarah, I like that. I appreciate that. Sue. You email tips at the New Junkie dot com.
Speaker 2: T I p s at the News junkie dot com tips at the new Junki dot com.
Speaker 1: You can go take a look at all of the submissions, and there are a lot of them over on the news junkie dot com in the dispatches section of stories that.
Speaker 2: Didn't make the cut.
Speaker 1: No dispatches to squeeze in here that woman who was shot by the ice agent Renee Good. Then the go fundme is now over one point five million dollars. I think they paused it.
Speaker 6: Also have a GoFundMe for the ice agent and it is kind of in violation of gofundmes terms and conditions, but they're letting it.
Speaker 1: They're letting a ride. Yeah, the other one is paused, but over one point five million for this one. The office one was a lot less. I thought, all right, let's get the hell out of here. Here we go, let's do today. I learned the following information may make you feel smarter, but will not actually increase your IQ. So don't get cocky. How it's done. What we call today? It is today, alarn for a Monday, January twelfth, twenty twenty six. Here the go Today. Learned one of the dinosaurs from this movie right here, Yeah, traffic park that's right, Jurassic Park Torontosaurus rex had a binocular visual range wider than modern hawks. A t rex could see three point seven miles away, which is pretty impressive.
Speaker 7: I didn't reach it.
Speaker 1: Didn't know this one, hence the today I learned. Today learned Levi's the gene brand recommends that jeans be worn ten times between washes, and I go way further than Yeah, yeah, so.
Speaker 2: Why are we washing jeans if they're not stinking? What the hell are we even knowing.
Speaker 1: Exactly? You bring it up here, everything with underwear. We're good, We're good. That's another at least ten times, and uh, let's get to the end. Finally, today learned this band right here, the Bengals.
Speaker 7: That's correct, have had a great cover of that song.
Speaker 1: Susannah Hoffs was not the lead singer, the designated lead singer of the band The Bengals.
Speaker 2: All four members of the band sang.
Speaker 1: It just so happened that every single song that turned into a hit was one of the ones that she sang, which I bet she never let them hear the end out. You know, all of my songs are hits and yours are garbage. Thank you so much for hanging out with us. We do appreciate it. We'll back tomorrow, same time, same place. Missing to the joke, Get the podcast at the news jokie dot com.
Speaker 2: We'll see it tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Everybody,