Speaker 1: On this December thirteenth. Before we look at it, look ahead to look back at significant events and people tied to this particular date in history, including but not limited to these Happy Birthday Randy Owens this date. In eighteen sixty two, Union forces led by General Ambrose Burnside launched a failed assault against Entrance Confederate soldiers the Battle of Fredericksburg. Nineteen thirty seven, during the Second Sino Japanese War, Japanese soldiers captured a Chinese city of Namjang and began what would be a week long massacre of between two hundred to three hundred thousand people. This date in two thousand, George W. Bush claimed the presidency a day after the US Supreme Court shut down any further recounts of disputed ballots in Florida. Recounts that every time they recounted shown that George Bush won by more votes than the last time, and al Gore conceded. Finally was on this date. In two thousand and one, the Pentagon released a captured videotape of Osama Bin Lauden and he said that he was the results of September eleventh. What was the exact quote It wildly exceeded his most optimistic expectations this date. In two thousand and three, Saddam Hussein was captured in Iraq and a hole in the ground the end for him. Folks celebrating birthdays today. Before I get to today's birthdays. Yesterday, my friend Westside Jim Kiefer celebrated his seventy third Look forward to seeing him next Friday at the annual for tele Unedee breakfast out at Western Hills Country Club. But happy birthday, Happy birthday. Jimmy Dick Van Dyck is one hundred today. Famous music film producer, the prophet. I have talked about this guy. Lou Adler still kicking at ninety two. John Davidson, who was the performer on the night of the Beverly Hills Supper Club fire in nineteen seventy seven. John Davidson is eighty four years old. Baseball Hall of Famer Ferguson Jenkins, most famous with the Chicago Cubs, turns eighty three. Jeff Skunk Baxter of Steely Dan fame is seventy seven. Ted Nugent is banging down at seventy seven. You bet he is. Actress Wendell Wendy Mallick is seventy five. John Anderson, the country musician, singer, songwriter is seventy one. Steve Bushimi turned sixty eight. Morris Day Morris Day in the Time sixty eight. Football Hall of Famer, Richard Dent turns sixty five. Jamie Fox is fifty eight. Wow, this is a big list. Sergei Federov Hockey Hall of Famer turns fifty six. DeLong from Blink one eighty two, turns fifty. Amy Lee of Evan Essence is forty four. To day, Taylor Swift thirty six. Believe it or not, if it is your birthday, I hope it is absolutely the best birthday you could possibly imagine. And you get to spend it with the people you love, doing the things you love to do. And that is truly my wish for you. It's five forty two. Good morning in effect. From one o'clock this afternoon to seven o'clock tomorrow morning, heavy snow expected accumulations anywhere between four to six inching depending on where you are more to the city of Cincinnati and north than south. This time travel could be very difficult, mostly cloudy morning. Tonight, the snow ends much colder, the real Arctic blast is coming. Record lows on Sunday with windshills below zero. It is thirty two right now seven hundredth WLW sport William Tomlinson. What you got?
Speaker 2: College football, one of the greatest rivalries in sports, has played in Baltimore, Maryland this afternoon. Army Navy will battle it out on the gridiron at three pm.
Speaker 1: I got a root for the midship and you know, my dad Navy and so many people I know Navy, and Navy's not had a bad year this year.
Speaker 2: No, They've both teams have been good this year, the Army season. I've watched a lot of Army games this season and it's just been insane how they've managed to lose games or come back in the fourth quarter.
Speaker 1: It's all been one possession battles. Oh cool, It ought to be a great game today.
Speaker 2: Then college basketball, you see travels to Atlanta to face the Georgia Bulldogs.
Speaker 1: Tip except for two pm.
Speaker 2: Pregame coverage begins at one thirty Right here on seven hundred WLW. Xavier defeated the Missouri State Bears last night, seventy five to fifty seven. Kentucky host Indiana to night at seven thirty. Catch that action on ESPN fifteen thirty.
Speaker 1: Wild Wildcat's going to lose another.
Speaker 2: It's not looking pretty uh huh in Lexington right now now, Mark Pope needs this win desperately, no doubt. A couple top twenty five matchups today. Number one Arizona travels to Tuscaloosa to face Alabama the twelfth ranked Crimson Hide that tips off at nine thirty. Number twenty three Nebraska faces the thirteenth ranth Illinois at four PM, and North Carolina host South Carolina. Upstate Arkansas and Texas Tech. Seventeenth and sixteenth ranked teams in the country's square off at noon. Some high school basketball in the area some scores. Homes top Villa Madonna sixty six to forty nine. Last night, Williamsburg dominated Malanchester seventy to twenty nine, Centreville sixty five, Spring Veield fifty nine, Bellevue topped Williamstown sixty seven to twenty eight. Mount Healthy edged out Purcell mary In fifty five to fifty one. Ludlow felt a Dixie Heights sixty two of forty seven, and Norwood put it on New Miami eighty five to thirty two.
Speaker 1: Bengals and Ravens the rematch at pay Court Stadium tomorrow in sub freezing weather.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're calling for up to negative ten degree windchill, but windchill isn't real.
Speaker 1: So yes it is. If you're out there, it's real.
Speaker 2: I'll be out there tomorrow, Gary, Jeff, I'll brave the elements. That kicks off at one pm. You can catch all that action on the Home of the Best Bengals coverage starting at nine am, with the premium coverage right here on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Bracing for the storm, the White Dead Snowmageddon. I don't think we're gonna dodge the bullet this time, folks. I do not believe so this one. All of the computer models are melding together and matching up and saying we're gonna get dumped on big time. And I am not a fan of this. As a kid, snow is great. Snow is like the answer to a prayer. Snow means no school. Snow means playing in the snow with your friends, building snow, going sledding. When you're an adult and you have to be places, and especially as a bartender, still means I won't do squat today. Really need to make this money before Christmas. Ain't gonna happen, not today, but for those of you listening who from time to time has ventured out to Mama Street in Newport, where I will be, regardless of the forecast, opening at eleven am. It's the early. It's before the storm rush, the winter weather, the warning, the winter storm warning. It's not even an advisory anymore. It's a winter storm warning. Doesn't begin till one pm. You can squeeze it in early. I'll be the doors bust open, it huddles at eleven o'clock, drink like a fish for a couple of hours, and then skate home. Now I understand as I get older why people move from the North to the South, to Florida or Texas to warmer climbs, because I just can't stand it anymore. Ten years ago, it wasn't winter weather necessarily that soured me on this particular geographical location, this time of year. It was the four months of gray we experience from November to March basically every year here.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 1: I love to change the seasons. I just wish this season was really short. Unfortunately, not Liam, I didn't bring my phones up yet. Can you let the lovely lady Lynette on the air for me? Please? Good morningte.
Speaker 5: High mh bound for the farms, down for the far Homas. Oh will you come t high down far mister? Amen?
Speaker 1: Amen, you sounded good. How are you feeling, dear? The last time we talked last week, you had just gotten home from the hospital.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was short of breath. I was just a little wee kitting. But I went to the gym. We instill spend the week. Now I'm sirn and road bike. Yesterday I did one hundred percent. I'm learning my special song and I've got it in hand.
Speaker 1: And a good deal. Well, so you said you went to the gym. What what's your workout entailed in that?
Speaker 6: Well, we have the armed things. You pump iron and then your pump your bike and.
Speaker 7: It gets slow high high.
Speaker 8: High like that.
Speaker 1: So you pump iron. How much can you pump?
Speaker 6: I'll make a hundred.
Speaker 1: I know, But what is one hundred percent? I'm just curious.
Speaker 7: That means I did it?
Speaker 1: High score, good good deal. I mean do you enjoy that?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: They say that no pain, no gain. So do you feel like you've gained this week.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because it was hard to breed. I just couldn't breed because I took action over two days and I said, you can't get no more. I said, well, it's JFKA breed And I said, well, I'm know I can pump iron ray get home and I didn't you.
Speaker 1: That's awesome, survivor. You what a survivor.
Speaker 6: I am a survivor.
Speaker 1: Oh, there's no doubt about it. How many how many times now would you say that you m that you have died and come back?
Speaker 6: Sixty two so far?
Speaker 1: Sixty two times? And this is documented? You have proof of this?
Speaker 6: Yeah, the police declire me Dad six years heah, some them and then I come up here and died again on the outbreak table and Edgeworth six and it'll be seven years March first, I'll be seven years old.
Speaker 1: Well, God bless you. That's wonderful.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Have any any shout outs you want to give here before we leave?
Speaker 6: Well, I want Christine come over and have me getting Alexa doing okay, because I'm netting bout lex and I got in touch with Jean. I still haven't in touch with Elvis Hope he's doing the Christmas.
Speaker 1: I hope so too.
Speaker 6: Well it come home Merry Christmas, and I hope uh Mars marsh together Kidney, But I don't know. I haven't gotten in touch with Marcia for a while. Marcia about their semi little hello notes.
Speaker 7: Let me know you're live and well and.
Speaker 6: Columbus, Patricia, Merry Christmas, and y'all just keep your love notes coming.
Speaker 8: God bless you.
Speaker 1: Love you, love you bye. Dick is hanging next. It's five point fifty four.
Speaker 10: Service to him into another hour, the first official hour of this Saturday Morning an issue for Saturday, December of the thirteenth, twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: I'm Gary Jeff Walker, and you are Matt Reeese. Matt Reese just delivered a hot off the presses, a brand new forecast which basically says the same crap that the last one said. We're all doomed. Thank you, Matt. What do we usually do? Oh, our friend Dave is on the line. You think we should talk to Dave? Liam? What do you think should we talk to Dave from Harrison? We usually do at this time? I'm pro Dave, pro Dave? Okay, good good morning.
Speaker 5: Dave, Good morning.
Speaker 11: Came out shot.
Speaker 1: Aren't you happy that Liam is pro Dave?
Speaker 8: Yes, very much so, because I mean.
Speaker 1: He's usually geopolitically opposed to anything that I like or believe generally, So you are a common uh, we have a common We meet on common ground when it comes to Dave from Harrison, because I too am pro Dave.
Speaker 12: Well that's a good thing, you know, you think as we can escape the white death that come from sky and drive the buffalo far far away.
Speaker 9: And Gary, jem I want to shout out too.
Speaker 7: I believe it was west Side Jim's birthday yesterday.
Speaker 1: It certainly was. I started the program by wishing west Side Jim a belated birthday. The Keeper. The keeper Meister is seventy three now wow and doing well.
Speaker 12: Well, you know, you keep going, you'll catch up with him here pretty sent in a week or so.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 1: If I don't don't catch up, it means something a little bit more dire, Dave.
Speaker 12: Yes, yeah, yeah, all right, Hey Gary, Yeah.
Speaker 9: What do you call a snowman with a six pack?
Speaker 1: What do you call a snowman with a six pack?
Speaker 8: Dave?
Speaker 12: I'd be an abdominal snowman.
Speaker 1: Very nice.
Speaker 12: Okay, Next, well, what did one Christmas tree say to the other, didn't you use.
Speaker 1: This one last week? I need to check your notes. What did one Christmas Tree say to the other Dave?
Speaker 7: Uh, you know what?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, eleven thirty No, that was nineteen one Christmas Tree said lighting up it's Christmas?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you use that one. I mean, these these are these are these are such poor quality you really shouldn't reuse them. I mean, if it was something outstanding, like a best of this was a Dave's Greatest Hits collection, then you could reuse the joke. But you know, the weaker material, just to just pass it off as a mistake you made and don't do it again. That would be my advice, my comedic advice to you, right, But you've never followed my advice before, so why would you start now?
Speaker 4: I gotcha? All right?
Speaker 13: Well, who's a Christmas Trees favorite singer?
Speaker 1: Who is a Christmas Trees favorite singer?
Speaker 4: Dave? That'd be Spring Staying.
Speaker 14: Jokes told by Dave from Harrison are not necessarily considered funny by the staff, management, or advertisers of seven hundred WLW or his parent company, iHeartMedia. If these attempts at humor have caused you to roll your eyes made your stomach churn, or you have considered the entire exercise to be a colossal waste of time. I'm we deeply apologize. Now back to our irregular programming. So the deal was, I had just gotten to Cincinnati. It was my first summer I think first or second it was either ninety four ninety five, and I was doing some stuff for WEBN too, and they said, Gary Jeff, would you like to interview Ted Nugent?
Speaker 1: I said, sure, Do I call him? Is he going to call in? What? No? No? At Riverbend he was appearing at Riverben. So I was out on the remote for WEBN at Riverbend before the Ted Nugent concert and they let me in backstage and I'm on the side steps of the stage waiting for Ted to come down and meet me as was scheduled, had to remote mike in my hand, my headphones on, and when it was time for the interview, Ted comes down the steps and meets me about halfway up, and they told me that I only had five minutes, and I said so briefly. Ted. He took the mic out of my hand and just rattled on, and there in my headphones going Gary Jeff, we gotta wrap up. We got it. We gotta go, Gary, Jeff, we got it. There's nothing I could do. Ted Nugent's just talking and talking and talking. So it wasn't really an interview. It was kind of like an ambush. But I enjoyed it thoroughly. Happy birthday, Teddy, Uncle Teddy. Time to get a reception report from our friend old radio Rick Washburn, Good morning, Ricky.
Speaker 7: Good morning Gary Jeff. Hey, the nude sounds pretty good on this one. You're coming in five by five on a nineteen thirty eight Stuart Warner Model eighteen forty five, the three band ten tube AM shortwave console radio. Stay pardon me. It has both an RAF amplification stage as well as two stages. It's one heck of a d excerpt I never heard.
Speaker 1: I never heard of Stuart Warner. Did they make a lot of radios for a long period of time.
Speaker 7: They did, and actually they were a pretty good competitor with the Crosley, And like Crosley, they lasted until about nineteen fifty four to fifty five, then competition took them out. Excuse me. They were not necessarily the most well known brand name, but they made a presence all right, using the twelve inch photo tone speaker. Photo Tone interesting makes it sound pretty dark and honestly, while it's peeling the paint off the walls, which it's doing now, as gorgeous as to the stradios is, it's a little weird looking. Just towards the top of the front of the cabinet, like usually, you've got the dials surrounded by a plastic a sketch, and immediately below that is another plastic a sketch, and that surrounds fifteen fifteen preset station buttons. Stuart Warner called this the magic keyboard, and the presets trigger a motor to tune the radio for you. So you just pressh a station button and here you go. You're a Jeff. The radio goes.
Speaker 15: Rah rah rah rah rah.
Speaker 7: And stops on your selected station. So let's go to the catalog. See sure, Stuart Orner magic keyboard, the mystic mechanism that does what nothing else in radio can do. Well, that's not true, but he now here's a radio invention that makes even last week's radio obsolete. Development that's utterly new, absolutely exclusive. Wow. So here we have the bullet points, split second speed I almost didn't say that, right, goes directly instantly to the desired station, no slow travel to a switching point and back. Now, okay, fair enough. Some motor driven set had a situation where if you'd select the station, the radio would have to tune in the wrong direction all the way to the end of the dial and then come back. Oh the almost two seconds of time wasted? Uh be easy to set up? Keys are set from front without tools, and any key can be reset easily without disturbing others. Now I admit this is also good. It's some motor driven sets are an absolute nightmare to set up. I'm looking at you, Crosley, and good luck at the custom tool is missing from its little perch on the radio chassis, which, by the way, it will be missing. Absolute silence, no hum, no one between station, noise. All right, having the radio switch off or the automatic tuning is nothing new in nineteen thirty eight at all. Matter of fact, I think Gruna was one of the first ones to come out with it. But at least apparently it does not Gora rah rah.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, does the catalog mention the.
Speaker 7: Rah rah rah rah rahh. It's too opposite by the way, no radio shit goes rah rah rah rah, except that one RCA before I oiled the motor. But I'm not always honest about this stuff. And I very nice, utterly flexible, can be set for any fifteen stations in any order, regardless of frequency. Fair enough, But this is a tad miss leading preset buttons often had frequency limitations, but not on a motor driven radio. That's a whole other thing, and that's for the advanced class.
Speaker 1: Very nice.
Speaker 7: Now, finally, my personal favorite, absolutely accurate. Doesn't depend on AFC or automatic frequency control, which is used only as a safeguard against careless careless initial setting. Wow, it's kind of like saying a card doesn't have cruise control, which is only a gimmick for drivers who were too lazy to manually maintain a constant speed.
Speaker 1: That's true. That's very good. Old Radio Rick at gmail dot com if you'd like to know more about these wonderful time piece of furniture and radio reception. Old Radio Rick. On a Saturday morning, I'm seven hundred w Good morning, gang, morning, got you guys are slow on the uptake this morning. Everybody's been drinking already. What's going on?
Speaker 7: There.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's Doug. That's that's like the delay between my TV on spectrum and your TV on spectrum. We've been sitting there talking on the telephone and something will happen on a game and I say, oh, look, I can't believe he scored on that. Doug said, they haven't even snapped the ball yet. Here it's the same signal. It never makes sense to me. So what's going on this morning? I understand that that Buzz's daughter is there drifting dressed in a snowman suit.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and she's last already, so I don't know where they're aheaded to, but they're antagonizing the down.
Speaker 1: I guess, okay, number one, it's it's radio and this is a phone call. There's no video with this. What was the the purpose of her showing up in a snowman suit for a phone call? Or was she just doing this? Because she's just doing.
Speaker 13: This, Buzz, you're the only one that has the answer.
Speaker 7: She's gone on. They're just all.
Speaker 1: I mean, I would I would think I would hate to think, Buzz of your daughter Heather as a furry.
Speaker 16: Apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
Speaker 1: Well there you go.
Speaker 13: Oh, let's see what's going on here this week?
Speaker 11: Actually tonight Shane Smith, the last live band that will.
Speaker 13: Be performing this year. You're at Brookies, and of course this coming Wednesday, the Queena Harts will.
Speaker 7: Be drawn out and a winner will be determined next.
Speaker 1: Next Wednesday, Next Wednesday at Brookies, starting at five o'clock, right yup, and won't draw every fifteen minutes for the first hour, and then after that second hour we'll probably do every.
Speaker 7: Ten minutes, and if they'll know winter, we're just gonna draw it out that third hour and every five minutes or something draw a card. Oh wow, so hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 8: I think we'd be busy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you'll be busy. You'll be quite busy. But I mean just in time for Christmas. I can't imagine how big this crowd is going to swell to there on Main Street in Ripley at Brookies, h out in the st and hopefully the weather improves a little bit so people have got somewhere to stand and they're not freezing their pipots off.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 17: Yeah.
Speaker 9: The last couple of years begin in the way like fill over two and a half.
Speaker 7: Million or wrote under two and a half million, dollars.
Speaker 8: That's pretty good.
Speaker 1: No, that's that's great, Baron, that's awesome. Well, all right, so the place to be his Brookies this week, and uh, good luck with the the snow. I mean, what does the weather rock, say Sherry, good lord, oh the weather rock.
Speaker 7: Well it's want to be pridging pridging cold.
Speaker 13: And there's got support here this morning.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I did?
Speaker 15: I have my daughter here?
Speaker 7: Hide she's here this morning.
Speaker 1: Say hi, Hi, she's on with the baby that had the baby.
Speaker 16: Yeah, we're holding that one down.
Speaker 8: Yes, yeah, Gary jaf Yes.
Speaker 1: Do you know what how much stayd the paid for his sleigh? How much Santa paid for his sleigh?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 1: Tell me.
Speaker 7: No, I think it was on the house.
Speaker 1: Hey share, Hey Sherry, Sherry, Yeah, Dave's Dave's not here, man, have a great weekend. Buckle down and stay safe and all the snow and all the cold. The gang at Brookies and Ripley and Steam from etn Ohio. In moments whose with my friend Steve from at Ohio and last week we were kind of expanding on the whole idea and the definition of what is affordability. How about the peace dividend. It's been a long time since we've even heard about a peace dividend. I was originally kind of cropped up during the George H. W. Bush era, Margaret Thatcher talking about a peace dividend. Since the Cold War was over, we were spending less money, supposedly on the military, and we could devote that cash to issues that were more beneficial to the population and social issues. It never quite works out that way. To kind of explain once again, my friend Steve Simon, good morning, sir, Good morning sir.
Speaker 15: You're absolutely right, Margaret Thatcher and Bush one brought that subject up. Let's start out and we'll get right back to that with the idea of a balanced budget. Well, first of all, we found out during the shutdown we don't have budgets anymore, do we No? And I was looking at an article here that appeared in the Boston Globe in nineteen ninety four, and it went back to the subject of when was the last balanced budget. Lyndon Johnson's last budget submitted in sixty eight to cover fiscal sixty nine, which was covered the last year of his tenure at the White House. That was the last balanced budget quote unquote, actually not really. If you're an accountant, And you know what the significance of liabilities is. We are carrying a huge liability then and now with regard to Social Security payments. Folks pay into solid security, and it's a liability to Social Security because it has to be paid out at some time or in anticipation of it being paid out. That budget by Lyndon Johnson was interesting. It was on top of a ten percent tax surcharge and also included reductions in spending, which I find interesting. Maybe even more interesting, he lopped off three percent on the national debt.
Speaker 1: Yes, right.
Speaker 15: This week, Buck Sexton, who has a talk show, as you know, on iHeart, slipped out this figure of forty trillion dollars and the way he said it implied that we've already gotten there isn't that interesting. Well, let's put that aside for a second and go to what we initially talked about, and that, of course, was the idea of a peace dividend. Some sources say it goes all the way back to the Vietnam War, and I vaguely remember Nixon mentioning this, We're we're going to save all of this money that we're spending on Vietnam by the way, at that time, we had five hundred and seventy five thousand Americans in Vietnam. Westmoreland went to the President Johnson and asked for six twenty five. Johnson said no. And that really is where you can pinpoint the end of our involvement in the Vietnam War, reduction of troops and return of the money. Well, what the heck happened to that peace? Evid end Well, this is another quote from another article. Unfortunately, the continued growth of US inflation in the seventies wiped out the money saved from the end of military operations in Vietnam. Inflation isn't that interesting? And back now to the negative income tax. This is kind of long since forgotten, but it was a very very popular subject going all the way back to the sixties and seventies. Our friend Milton Freeman and his wife Rose, who were both economists, had written about this. Nixon loved this idea of a negative income tax, but he wasn't alone. They were all manner of presidential candidates and congress people in the nineteen seventies. Nixon, by the way, talked about this under a family Assistance Plan. George McGovern's Universal Demo Grant proposal was similar, and later President Carter's program for Better Jobs and Income Programs. Well, what the heck is this? Well, let me tell you right off the bat that a lot of stuff on the internet does not mention one little dirty secret, and that is if we employ a negative income tax. And I'll get back to that in just a minute, what it is We're going to get rid of all of the other welfare programs. Yes, the idea is we have a federal bureaucracy already with all of these welfare programs. What we're going to do is give money to the working poor and wipe out the welfare programs, and they can spend that money any dog gone way they want. As an example, you have to set a ceiling or a floor, depending on your point of view, to fifty thousand bucks if you're working, because we have a work in the plan for reform of welfare. If you're working, let's say you only make forty thousand dollars, you get a credit of ten thousand dollars. You expend it anyway you want. Isn't that interesting in terms of affordability? But I just thought i'd bring that up. Gary, Jeff because it was such a different age we actually talked about balanced budgets. The last time I think we did this, honestly, was when Newt Gingrich was the Speaker of the House and we had a balanced budget amendment.
Speaker 7: Remember that.
Speaker 15: Yep, we don't even talk about that anymore. Are they trying to tell us Republicans and Democrats both in Washington, DC? Is irrelevant?
Speaker 1: Well, go ahead, I have an answer, and the answer is they don't have any money except what they extract from Americans. That's where the money comes from. How about they just let us keep our money, all of it, and figure out and figure out what social programs we want to fund within ourselves in our own time. I'm sorry, That is truly the answer to me. And the sad truth is we're so far in the hole now with them spending not our money but great grandchildren's money, that that that can't happen. But I mean, it's negative income tax, and I don't know if we have time to go into the full definition of that, but my answer is simply, Okay, I earned the money. You didn't do anything to take some of that money or take all of that money, So you know what, just let me keep all of the money I earn, and I'll worry about my own social welfare and everyone else can too. How about that, good.
Speaker 15: Boy, good good point. I could I mention one more thing?
Speaker 13: Sure?
Speaker 15: I frequently in the past have done news of the week. We've now gotten into specific subjects. A Democrat at a hearing in the House this week refer to the killing of a West Virginia National Guard person as an unfortunate accident.
Speaker 1: I saw that disgusting.
Speaker 15: It was immediately corrected. It was a murder. Can we define anything, any word in our language anymore correctly? Take care of yourself, Gary jet Moore.
Speaker 1: Next week, YouTube brother into yet another hour of this Saturday Morning edition for Saturday, December thirteenth, twenty twenty five. Is this on? Its been so long since? Oh my goodness seven eight now on a Saturday morning, Gary, Jeff with you. Great to be with you as well. As we get closer and closer to Christmas and my birthday. You know, I mention everybody else's birthday, and I'll mention yours. Let me know what it is, maybe mister birthday Tuba call you. But that being said, I'm going to be on for Willy on Monday, the twenty second, mine and Jim Lebarber's birthday, and I would love for you to tune in and we'll have guests in the studio. Ne who else's birthday is coming up? Is our environmental engineer, Steve Schulte's just a few days after mine on Christmas. Mister Schulte, Good morning Christmas.
Speaker 13: This morning Gary, Jeff actual mind.
Speaker 1: Is on Christmas Christmas Eve yet yeah, So what do you got this morning?
Speaker 10: All right?
Speaker 13: I got two items out. The general topic is don't worry, be happy. I love it the first one. First one comes from Climate Change Weekly number five sixty four from December fifth, from the Heartland Institute heartland dot org. Turns out climate change isn't causing mass extinctions. One of the persistent claims made across the twentieth centuries that humans are causing mass extinctions of species unseen since the end of the age of the dinosaurs, but more recently, many government grant I call them government grant researchers, green energy hucksters, bureaucrats politicians drive by media now saying well no, it's it's not. The reason it is so called man made catastrophic climate change has replaced everything else as the driving force. Thankfully, there is only one kiny little problem with this claim, as recent research reinforces that likely ain't so. Study published this October by the Royal Society's what's called Proceedings ME finds that in the past century, amid ongoing climate change and the climate is changing, always has been, always will be, extinction rates have slowed and are presently lower at any time in the past five hundred years.
Speaker 7: Great.
Speaker 13: So, the good news is that extinctions for plants, arthropods which are insects and spiders, and crustaceans such as crabs, land vertebrates peaked about one hundred years ago and have declined since then, even as the climate. As the climate has changed so once again, so much for so called man made climate change driving the sixth was called a sixth Great mass extinction. If this, If this is true, climate alarmists will have to drop this fucking point from their litany of climate horrible.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, you know, Steve hate tender rupt and we don't have a whole lot of time. There was another thing about climate change harm crop yields, and actually crop production is up.
Speaker 13: Right, well, actually yes it is. But what this. This comes from Cornwall Alliance dot org from their September twenty twenty five newsletter UH doctor Roy Spencer, University of Alabama, who have had the great pleasure to meet UH. One of the things that have been people are worried about, and what the models have been showing is that man made catastrive climate change will harm US crop yields.
Speaker 1: But once again there's the problem.
Speaker 13: The models, like you and I have talked about, are have been predicting right rafter warming in the US foreign belt. But what doctor Spencer did, he gathered the information from our good old Department of Energy. There's thirty six models that the UN uses. The observed warming has been zero point two to three degrees fahrenheit per decade. The closest model of the thirty six the UN uses is the Russian model believe it or not, zero point three four percent warming, which is fifty percent higher than actual.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 13: The greatest is from the Mediterranean Science Commission of Monaco one point six degrees warming per decade seven times they observed. Of course, what the UN uses is they take all thirty six and divide it by thirty six and come up with an average. So what doctor Spencer Shilling is no, there's no man made catastrophic climate change harming the US crop yields in the corn belt or anyplace else. But also shows what I liked about this article is that you get to see all the models that the UN uses compared to the actual Yeah, you'll find it.
Speaker 1: You know what what what all this? What all this means, Steve, is that the only mass extinction possible is climate alarmists. And I'm praying for that. Thank you so much, Ray and lovelin real quick comment, brother, we got to roll real quick.
Speaker 11: And this is a subject that will not take long to discuss. Good and the topic is this, my brother, there's a topic. Let's talk about all of the government programs that are operated efficiently.
Speaker 7: God brother, you're right.
Speaker 1: It didn't take long enough. Jeff Wiler, Honda dot com. Be forecast there's a winter storm morning in effect from one o'clock this afternoon U till seven am tomorrow, with four to six inches of snow expected in and around the Try State. Cold Weather Advisory and effect from seven o'clock tonight until eleven am Monday. Temperatures tomorrow will be what windshills below zero Right now It's thirty one in Cloudy back with some more wild wacky stories from around the country and around the world. Here is his latest report. Good morning Gary Jeff.
Speaker 18: This week that tattoo is you, but first in a land where freedom is fading fast, Roy Marsh is a cautionary tale. The eighty six year old was walking down the street of his quiet neighborhood in jolly old England when a leaf blew into his mouth. Seasons, you know, so Roy instinctively did that kind of spitty spat thing you do when you're trying to get a foreign object out of your mouth up, you know. Unfortunately for Roy, one of the police officers there witnessed this spitting situation and find him three hundred and thirty five dollars for littering. The law says that spitting is a form of littering and they were going to make this eighty six year old think twice about ever doing it again. He paid the fine and said it's actually made him think twice about coming out of his house ever again. Back in the good old us of A we celebrate Reese Chadfield. He was able to eat a whopper with ten patties in less than a minute and a half. Reese was descriptive after his triumph, stating that quote, it looked like a wedding cake, but all full of burger unquote. Reese hopes he gets noticed in the world of competitive eating. A woman was spotted dangling from the tenth floor balcony of her lover's apartment building. Turns out his wife came home early, ten stories up and losing grip. People on the ground started to notice, with the public starting to freak out. Afraid of what they might witness, The woman leapt to a nearby drain pipe and shimmy down safely, a la spider Man. The guy apparently got startled when the wife came home and pushed the woman onto the balcony. And finally she's making headlines around the world for her unique tattoo. No, it's not a fancy or pretty picture, it's in her mouth. Twenty one year old Harriet Truett was struck with a form of tongue cancer, so doctors harvested part of her armskin for.
Speaker 1: A new bit of tongue.
Speaker 18: Interestingly enough, they used a tattooed portion of flesh, which you can now clearly see as a semi colon on her tongue. She says it's weird, but she's getting used to it and don't think for a minute it butt her off tattoos. No, she's getting another one on her arm as a replacement. Next week, girl swallows AirPod uncle gets it to play music in her stomach.
Speaker 3: Have a great weekend. Plumbing Problems Helping is here to help, providing reliable, professional expert plumbing solutions for over seventy years. Get things Flowing today, schedule now at Helping plumbing dot com. Making it helpen since nineteen fifty one.
Speaker 7: The rules a recurring at to may to text, marketing messages, specsag frequency, various message data reads may apply, apply help for help, or stop to opt out?
Speaker 19: Are you drinking too much? As alcohol affecting your relationships? Could drinking be affecting your job?
Speaker 9: Hi?
Speaker 20: I'm Jonathan, founder of Orhealth. I struggled with alcohol misuse for fifteen years. I tried self help, therapy and traditional twelve step programs, but nothing really worked.
Speaker 1: That's why I started or Health.
Speaker 20: Or Health provides access to safe and effective medication FDA approved for the treatment of alcohol issues. A daily pill proven to reduce alcohol cravings and make it easier.
Speaker 8: To drink less or quit.
Speaker 19: To join the thousands who are drinking less or who have quit altogether, taxt control to seventy one triple eight. You'll be sent a secure link to or Health's private online assessment. If treatment is right for you, a licensed medical professional will prescribe medication for discrete and convenient delivery to your door. Just text Control to seventy one triple eight. That's Control to seventy one triple eight.
Speaker 8: Not available in all states.
Speaker 7: For SMS terms, privacy, policy, risk, and restrictions, please go to orhealth dot com slash terms use is directed.
Speaker 18: If Lenovo Computer for your business is on your holiday list, don't shop.
Speaker 1: Another hour of the Saturday Morning edition for this Saturday, December the thirteenth, twenty twenty five. I'm Gary Jeff Walker. Shout out to the insurance salesman, the airplane salesman, and the casket salesman. I kid you not, these three guys coming to the bar yesterday. And so I said, oh, there's a joke there. An insurance salesman, an airplane salesman, and a casket salesman coming to the bar. And I say, you should see the insurance salesman first. Were you doing anything else? Sure? Eight oh eight eastern. That is time for a visit with our friends science Mike a science minute.
Speaker 7: Yes, as a night scientist.
Speaker 1: Surprising it the blinding me sell. They would be a good idea, Michael, to go to the insurance salesman first. If you're going to talk, you're an airplane salesman and a casket salesman.
Speaker 4: Next, three guys walk into a bar, two of them, two of them, Duck, who's your heisman?
Speaker 7: Pick Carrie?
Speaker 1: Jeff?
Speaker 4: If I got to ask, if I didn't know.
Speaker 1: You don't have to ask. Diego Pop. Yeah, he's not going to get it. They're going to give it to Mendoza simply because he plays on an undefeated Indiana team, which I mean, I guess there's a certain criteria there that fits. I don't I don't know why. It always has to be a quarterback either, and sometimes it's not always a quarterback, but most of the time it is nobody. I tell you who's Who's not going to win anybody from Michigan and that school has been on a losing streak all weeks thanks to their former coach and now alleged felon Sharon Moore. That's that's a terrible situation, man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's a battle bad twenty four hours.
Speaker 1: I mean that program has gone from cheating to beating and sad.
Speaker 4: Yeah you had, yeah, your news segment. Actually, I had my written up science minut for talk about Dick van Dyke. So a white Tick Vandyke in the news. Well not only does he you know, turn the hundred today but h and by the way, one of my favorite kids movies with my children was watching a Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.
Speaker 8: But anyhow, you know.
Speaker 4: Who wrote Chitty TV bank name was the same guy who wrote all the James Bond movies. Anyhow, no kidd ian fleming.
Speaker 1: No, I did not know that he uh.
Speaker 4: Dick attributed to his longevity to you know, most feels like I stay away from eating whatever they do, positive attitude on life and one the same and thinks say, he never got angry and why is that related to science? But it seems that in our chromosome structure, at the end of our chromosomes, we have these things called telomeres, and these calomeres are like long sponge, you know, things at the end to help your chromosomes repair their self when you to stay divide and you know, back and forth as you.
Speaker 8: Get older, when you get older.
Speaker 4: When you get older, these things tend to get they fray like the end of a rope phrase. Yeah right, So what helps what keeps? What promotes these telomeres to fray and age earlier? As getting angry? It seems that the stress, the hormones, they tend to these telomeres just to decay a lot sooner. So you know, you know, it's one thing to get you get angry and then they say go off and yell or something like that. But actually it doesn't really help you. That you should promote the more a grieving castle type. Just get away from a situation if you can.
Speaker 8: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It makes perfect sense. Now I'm rethinking everything. Sixty five years too late. Great, all right, Michael, thank you as always, man, Merry Christmas. It's eight eleven. Like to be positive wherever possible in this program, and this is an excellent way to do that. Brother Rick Green, good morning, how are you my friend?
Speaker 8: Hey?
Speaker 1: Good morning, Gary.
Speaker 8: I just got down praying for you and your listeners.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 8: I'm going off from Gary. I'm just meank God, I'm going back on walk this morning. I'm just humble and so thankful.
Speaker 21: For the life you gave me, even the horrible deceivements, even the dark you No, No, they all came with lessons. And the lessons is when I keep with me, I needed everything that I had to go through to be who I am today.
Speaker 1: You know, there's somebody sent me rick of this incredible video and I'm going to try and find it and share it with you if I can find a way to do that through a text or whatever. But it's an amazing story of an eagle and what an eagle goes through. Eagles live on average about seventy years, and the reason for their longevity is that they actually transform themselves into a new eagle every so often, where they actually purposely go to I'm not sure if it's true, but the story's amazing. Where an eagle will fly to the highest peak they can and they will repeatedly purposely hit their beak until it breaks off and a new one grows, and they pull out all of the claws that they have so they will regenerate and become a new new Basically, they plucked the feathers out this This takes about one hundred and fifty days, and an eagle does this naturally because it becomes a new basically a new creation.
Speaker 8: I like that. I would love to see that story, Jerry.
Speaker 1: All right, well, I'll see if I can find a way to share that with you. My friend Mike Davis sent it to me on my email. But anyway, what Bible verse have you got this morning?
Speaker 4: Me?
Speaker 17: A Roman chapter fifteen, verse five. It says made a God who gives endurance and encouragement, gives you the same attitude of mind towards each other that Christ Jesus.
Speaker 8: I'm not that it's excellent love.
Speaker 1: And what's the verse and the chapter in verse?
Speaker 8: Romans Moman Romans fifteen and five.
Speaker 1: Okay, folks, you got your homework assignments.
Speaker 8: Small twice like on a daily basis.
Speaker 1: You have your you have your assignment class Romans fifteen five. All right, brother Green, take care, God bless merry Christmas, sir, very quick, all right, you got it. Time now for another kind of word with that Teresa, good morning, that.
Speaker 16: Teresa, greetings and salu case scary Jeff, my good mouth man, how art thou today we're surviving.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 9: That's good.
Speaker 8: So am I it is.
Speaker 16: I woke up and I'm above ground.
Speaker 9: I'm doing good, sweet good.
Speaker 16: Almost said sweet sweets Franking before I said good morning, Chris. That's your point. Oh, I love you so much. I love Frankie, wonder Kitty. You know, Gary Jeff my motto since I was eleven years old and knew what a motto was. It comes to us courtesie of Schoolhouse, Rocky the school, you know, the King of the Box, school House, Rocky Schoolhouse.
Speaker 8: I can't singing that high anymore.
Speaker 1: No, I don't try.
Speaker 16: Singing hi anyway.
Speaker 7: My my.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 16: My motto is knowledge is power, Yeah, and.
Speaker 11: I try to give them a little bit.
Speaker 16: I try to empower our friends in radio land, you know today's world. It's something we are all aware of, we all do all the time.
Speaker 8: And it's a spoonerism.
Speaker 9: S P O O N E R I S M.
Speaker 16: What that is is a verbal error and which a speaker accidentally transported to the initial sounds or letters of two or more words, often in a numivers effect.
Speaker 5: I E.
Speaker 16: I always say coin costs instead of coin cast, right, And we know that.
Speaker 8: I'm so it's not.
Speaker 1: It's not dyslexia. It's a spoonerism.
Speaker 16: It's it's a spinners okay, like this one here here it is beads act words. Okay, beads act words on a on a jazz act is asked backwards on the jaz act or.
Speaker 13: A bat see a jacket. The most the most.
Speaker 16: Famous spoonerism is to a radio host back in the day in nineteen thirty one, radio host Harry Vonzell.
Speaker 9: H g of l a.
Speaker 8: He was on the CBS.
Speaker 13: He used to uh to uh be a.
Speaker 16: He was a dagg on it as man. He was the ed Nicmahon to George Burns.
Speaker 22: Okay, so anyway, he reverred to Herbert Hoover or her God Herbert Hoover and uber keever and thought it was the end of his career, like pretty much mine is today.
Speaker 16: God bless good day, love y'all.
Speaker 1: Thank you that Teresa with more spoonerisms at eight twenty Oh God, where does the time?
Speaker 8: God?
Speaker 1: Seven hundred w l go longing kids, time will gives for Wally. Sorry mac Allen, I already told you this joke. During the break, a blonde walks into a police district and she wants to be a policeman. She's looking for a job. She comes to fill out an application. The death sergeant ask her a few questions. Okay, what's two plus two? The blonde says four, very good. What's the square root of one hundred? The blonde says ten? Very good. Says now, who killed Abraham Lincoln? The blonde says, mmm, I don't know. I said, Well, go on home, think about it, come back tomorrow. The blonde gets home and she's on the phone with one of her friends, who asked her if she got the job. The blonde says, excitedly, not only did I get the job, they already put me on a murder case. Gary Jeff on the way to sixty five and trying to not blow the speed limit at the same time, inviting in our good friend Moe Eggar on his sanitay like we usually do. Hey, Mo, what's going on? Well, you know, just the usual stuff, just the usual noises in here. Uh and and I just I wanted to get your take on the The Sharon Morris story is so I mean, it's so it's so awful, it's so sad, It's sad for Michigan. Fans. It's sad for the university, it's sad for him and his family especially, it's sad for the other person involved. It's just man, were you as shocked as other people were? And there is some some indication that this may have been known before and we didn't find out until after Michigan lost to Ohio State.
Speaker 9: And I think therein lies the intrigue for me, because you're right, this is you know, this is a story that when I first unfolded, you saw Sharon Moore has been fired with cause inappropriate relationship, and you know, everybody's firing off their jokes on social media, and then the story took a real serious turn. And at the end of the day, you know who I think about is this is a guy who has three.
Speaker 18: Kids, wife, newborn, who.
Speaker 9: Don't deserve this.
Speaker 1: Nope. But I think what you wonder is how long.
Speaker 9: Was this known? And I guess what I wonder is Number One, Michigan obviously is not in the college football playoffs? What if they were? You know, because this went down this week right where the the Sharon Moore and the staffer were both approached months ago asked is there an inappropriate relationship? Both denied, and then I guess the woman this week kind of spilled the beans and they fired sharn. More, what if Michigan's getting set to play a playoff game next weekend? Is he still the head football coach? What if they would have beaten Ohio State? How long was this known? Why was he allowed to represent the university at signing day? Why was he still hiring? You know, he just hired Kerry Colmes, you know, the former cole Raine and UC and Ohio State coach just hired Kerry Colmes to be his special teams coach a few days ago. So to me, that's what I want to know.
Speaker 1: When was this known?
Speaker 9: And it would and we're never going to get the answer to this, But if Michigan was still playing for a championship and was still alive in a bowl game that mattered, would he be the head coach today? And would they have overlooked the inappropriate relationship?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean all of questions surrounding that because we don't know, and as you as you stated, we may never know what the folks at Michigan knew until the announcement was made, and you know, and then there's the the threats of suicide. He's suicidal and the assault, and you know they're they're claiming he's got some mental issue, which may very well be the case. But I think if you realize that your whole world has collapsed around you and you're out of a multimillion dollar job, that can make a lot of people suicidal, you know, just just based on their own actions. So the other the other emotional football story this week for Bengals fans was watching the Joe Burrow press conference where he's he's just he's just depressed. He's obviously not energized. He's not what we have come to know as the regular Joe Burrow, and his mom is saying now that Joe loves playing football in Cincinnati. I think that Joe Burrow's biggest problem is is he just hates to lose. I mean, he hates to lose. That's it. And it shows no sign the losing of stopping with the Bengals in their current makeup, no matter what Joe does.
Speaker 9: I think Joe Burrow is a very intentional person, meaning everything he does is calculated, Everything he does is well thought out. He knows that everything he says is examined scrutinized, parsed. He knows his body language is examined, scrutinized, parsed. So when he did that media session on Wednesday.
Speaker 1: He knew what he was doing. He knew what he was doing.
Speaker 9: I think he was spell I think some have taken this and decided Joe Burrow once out of Cincinnati, he should engineer a trade. He's going to retire like Andrew Luck. I don't necessarily think that's gonna happen, but I do think he was sending a message I'm not happy, And by the.
Speaker 1: Way, why would he be.
Speaker 9: You know, you know, if you're him, you play a position where ultimately you're judged by how much do you win for the For the third consecutive year, you're not going to get a chance to play in the postseason. Your your efforts continue to get wasted. Last weekend's game encapsulated everything I dislike about the Bengals right now because last week's game, Joe Burrow wasn't perfect. Right He throws the pick six in the fourth quarter, and look, by his own admission, that's not a not a mistake you can make. But on this team, he's got to be perfect. He has to be superhuman, and if he's not, they don't win. Even when he is superhuman, they don't win. Last year, he was the best quarterback in the NFL, should have been MVP, wasn't because this team didn't make the postseason. So if you're him, you're watching, you're watching your peers, You're watching guys that you're compared to. You're watching guys that you're better than. They get to play for championships, they get to play in the postseason, they get to win MVPs, and you're playing for a four and nine team. Does that mean he's going to engineer an exit. No, But what I would say is, don't tempt fate. Now, you know, let's let's keep this going. Let's continue to draft poorly and put together bad defenses and draft immature guys like Jermaine Burton and and just it. Waste his best seasons, waste his best efforts. Keep doing it, and at some point, no one would be surprised if he says I don't want to be here anymore. To me, that was the message. And I don't think what he's did on Wednesday was at all unintentional. He knew what he was doing he was sending a message, and you certainly hope in the front office of the team it's received well.
Speaker 1: I mean, they basically have have done the things that he's asked or demanded in the past, as far as signing Jamar Chase and t Higgins and Trey Hendrickson and all that stuff. How come he didn't ask for some more offensive line help. Yeah?
Speaker 9: You know what, though, I'll say this, the offensive line has played well I think for an extended period of time, so much so that I'm not sure that going into the offseason. And look, they have a lot of work to do this offseason. You can never have enough offensive line, and they have to start thinking long term about left tackle and center because they have older players there. But I actually do think if you're looking for positives of this season, I think Dylan Fairchild and the Marius Mens look like genuine building blocks. I don't think it's unreasonable to look at the offensive line is currently constructed and say that should be the unit on opening day next year. Now, you're right, on a macro level, if this is the best offensive line Joe Burrow's ever going to pay, that's not good. But I actually do think that unit's been better. I do think that unit has guys you can vote around, and that's good because think of all the work they have to do on defense, you could, at least, I think, go into the offseason feeling okay about what you have on the offensive line, which means maybe you could devote even more resources to that defense. We'll see, but yeah, you're right, They've never really put them behind great offensive lines. He's continually on the surgeon's table that unit has to perform better than it has for most of Joe Burrow's time in Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: All Right, one last chance for me to whine about this, because tonight all the shouting and whining will be over. Fernando Mendoza of Indiana is more than likely infect almost a lock to win the Heisman Trophy, and I still think it should be my guy from Vandy, Diego Pavia make my case for me.
Speaker 9: Played in the toughest conference in the sport, took a program that is a non traditional winner like Fernando Mendoza, and was awesome this year. I have a Heisman Trophy vote. I'm not allowed to publicly disclose, Okay, the three players that I put on my ballot, but I will tell you that this is the seventh year that I've had to vote. This was the first time that going into the final Saturday, the Conference championship Saturday, I didn't know who I was voting for. But I have vetted. I take my vote seriously. I have vetted Diego Pavia's case, and he's got a really damn good one. And I also think, like you know, the personality that he brings to the sport, I think is just awesome. I think Fernando Mendoza is probably going to win. He's obviously very deserving. I think Jeremiah love It Notre Dame obviously has a compelling case, and Julian Sana Ohio State. Diego Pavi is in New York for a reason enough people put them on their ballot, understandably and deservedly so. And I think what you kind of wonder is the other three guys are you know, Northern Midwest players. Does the vote in this part of the country get split? Does that enable Diego Pavia to win? We'll see.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, thank you very much, have a fantastic weekend, and Merry Christmas to you.
Speaker 23: Counselor real quickly, what's on the show. I'll tell you what we're gonna talk about. The new Australian law and acted this week. Saw that no social media for teenagers sixteen and under. Don't think it's enforceable, but we need it here. Yeah, we need it here. And actually there's some bipartisan.
Speaker 1: Action on it.
Speaker 23: Gonna talk about the name change of our country to the United States of Amerigati by former President Joe Biden.
Speaker 1: Oh only Biden. Why do they keep wheeling him out? Oh jeez?
Speaker 23: And you're gonna this is gonna knock you over, Gary, Jeff. We actually have new theft charges against Black Lives Matter.
Speaker 1: I saw it in Oklahoma. What a bunch of fine, what a grift? Unbelievable.
Speaker 23: Well, it didn't stop Corporate America for throwing millions of dollars out of throwing the cops under the bus. Because I have Peter Bronson in. He's got a new book. It's great. I'm just about finished with it. And then at eleven Evan Andrews of Cincinnati Favorites. He's coming in, gonna tell us about some Christmas gift ideas.
Speaker 1: Fantastic Saturday Midday next with Mike Allen. After the show show, we will be open at huddles. Come early, beat the snow and make