Speaker 1: It's Sterling and Donade back Saturday afternoon, winning football bear Cats earlier you're hurt it here on the Home of the bear Cats thirty eight thirty over Iowa State the Cyclones going back home to Iowa losers now five and one, bear Cats adding another w and later on mikeywallspace dot com. Going to join us right now on the line, because maybe we're just juggling kind enough to give us some time his off season, his time to run freely, to enjoy, you know, riverboats along the riverbanks of the Ohio and down by the Great American Ballpark. Tommy Thrall back with Sterling and Donnade.
Speaker 2: How are you? How's everything?
Speaker 3: Hey? You know what I'm doing? Well?
Speaker 4: I've I think I'm back on schedule from the West coast. So of course, what's the schedule this time of year. I guess I could sleep till noon and it makes no difference.
Speaker 3: But no, everything's good.
Speaker 2: That's why you're my hero.
Speaker 1: I don't want to dwell on what was sort of a deflating, sad circumstance with not going beyond the wildcard matchup. I think a lot of people, you know, it's in that transitional mode of trying to think what next off season acquisitions changes to bring more offense and all the other stuff. But thinking about that in your experience in the booth, which, by the way, what a joy to listen to. You paint the picture wherever you are of what's going on driving around two seventy five aimlessly as I do too much and everything else. Whether you're working with the Cowboy or Chris Welsh or during that first game of the Wildcard Series with both those guys in there, what a blast.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll tell you what, I'm really really fortunate that I get to work with such talented individuals. We're all close friends, whether it's those two guys or Jim Day.
Speaker 3: Or Sam Luckier that's in there.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's really a treat to get to work with everybody that I have the privilege working with. So it was certainly a fun year in the booth, and yeah, an entertaining year on the field as well. So it's an exciting young group and the corp is certainly in place to I think, have some long term success here.
Speaker 1: That's what we hope in without being too hateful about it. What seemingly started in the beginning of the season and lasted all season. Was the inconsistent consistency of a mnemic offensive output. So, I mean, there'll be some gross south Stuart obviously came up. He made an impact for a kid who's like eight years old or something. It's unbelievable. My neighbor by the way, was so devastated that he ditched the stash. She's like, you got to talk to him. I'm like, I don't know the kid. I mean, I'm a fan, but I love the stash. I'm like, all right, all right, but are you gonna go out and you think and find another bat to try to to, you know, to add to some more run.
Speaker 2: Scoring or what I think.
Speaker 4: So, I think the defense is another thing that I think still needs a little work.
Speaker 3: You'd like to see how he take a huge step.
Speaker 4: Forward at shortstop, especially if he's going to be your answer at shortstop every day. Uh, he's got to be a little more consistent there. I think from an offensive standpoint that that was a that was a huge void in this Red lineup. I thought for for a couple of months with with him just not I mean and and consider this, I mean, as much as Ellie struggled, he was still a guy that was an above average player even while he was down. So uh, that's that just kind of gives you an idea of just how good he can do. We already know how good he can be, but I think the ceiling is still there. I think the potential is still there. I think that he's the type of player offensively that, like we saw this year, even when he's not necessarily the superstar Ellie, he's still going to do little things that are going to help you have a chance to win.
Speaker 3: The other big.
Speaker 4: Void for this team this year was Matt mcquain. So the big question there is, all right, you cut date with mc pane and move on and find something else to play second base and maybe trade him or something like that. I don't think personally that that's the answer. I truly believe.
Speaker 3: That he is still going to be a very.
Speaker 4: That talked with Lance about it when the team was in Arizona down the stretch. That look last year, in going into the offseason and during the offseason, I really didn't expect for mcclaim to.
Speaker 3: Have a very good year this year. He missed the whole season.
Speaker 4: This is going to be a second big league year. In essence, that's a year where a lot of guys struggled to begin with. Not only that, but it's it's also his second big league year after missing an entire season, So I wasn't really surprised that he struggled the way he did. Now what did surprise me a little bit was that it was as sustained as it was. I thought he would kind of take his lumps here and there and then really take off it at some point late in the year, and it just never really came together for him on a consistent basis. So that was one of the things that really surprised me. If you get those two guys playing up to the potential.
Speaker 3: But I think if one goes, the other one goes too.
Speaker 4: Just because in a perfect world, those guys are hitting together in this red lineup. So when you factor that in, getting those guys going would make a huge difference in this lineup, then you have salth Stewart's back. Now again, this next year is basically going to be his first year. I don't think you can count on a first year player to be a huge contributor to your offense. But if you don't have to rely on him and you don't have to hit him up in the order, then maybe he can be a pretty big contributor, just because we've seen the potential. But he's got to fit in somewhere defensively. I mean, this is a team that can't give away outs on the defensive side, They're still going to have to play really good defense.
Speaker 3: I don't know right now.
Speaker 4: Where you can put salth Stewart without him being a defensive liability. So that's something that they're going to have to kind of get figured out with him. It would be nice to seeing a big bat in the outfield. I don't know if that means shuffling guys around, but I certainly like the way Martine looked in right field, especially at the end of the year, and I think he's going to have a really productive season next year.
Speaker 5: So that's interesting.
Speaker 6: So Tommy, now that the Reds are out, I mean they did they did well. They were in postseason, right so they're out. Do you root for anybody while you're watching?
Speaker 4: I mean we.
Speaker 1: Have Have you tuned out or are you paying attention to Brewers, Cubs, Blue Jay, Yankees, right Dodgers?
Speaker 5: Is there is there any second team that you.
Speaker 3: Root for, not really.
Speaker 4: I mean no, there's there's broadcasters. I root for the guys around the league that I like more or that I'm not that I like more than but I'm closer with than other guys. Uh So sometimes I'll root for those guys and their teams to go on and have success. You know, an interesting story this year is the Brewer, Bob Yuker passed away in the offseason. They've never won it all, it would be it would be kind of special if if this was the year where.
Speaker 3: They did it.
Speaker 4: That's that's one that you know, because of that tie in, I think would be pretty special.
Speaker 3: But for the most part, this this postseason, no, there's nobody really that.
Speaker 4: That I will be keeping a real watchful eye on. I'll watch the playoffs just because it's baseball and I love baseball. Today, I'll be honest with you, I've mostly just kind of veged on the couch and had college football on, flipping between the games today, had the UC game on earlier, and then I actually I turned it off and had to go back to it when I saw Iowa State making a little run there.
Speaker 3: But good to see, good to see, you see.
Speaker 4: Hold on, But yeah, I'll still be dialed into the playoffs, but just hoping.
Speaker 2: For some good baseball, no emotional investment. I totally understand, believe me.
Speaker 1: Talking to Tommy throw a Voice of the Red Sterling and dun and Die on a beautiful Saturday afternoon, you mentioned bear Katsa thirty eight thirty winners over Iowa stateon Big twelve Action.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: I don't want to get too into this if it's not something you want to talk about, but I know that you made allusion to it, I think on the air, which is that she said yes, and last night we pined text back together you were going out with your fiance. Uh, there are there seems to be a lot of wedding bells and people looking to jump the broom and stomp the glass and say I do in the air, whether it's Taylor Swept and one of those Kelsey brothers, whether which we'll talk to Mikeywallspace dot Com a little later, Tom Cruise and his uh anis yes, who's like way younger than him.
Speaker 2: Good for him. They're gonna do it in space.
Speaker 5: So planning a space wedding.
Speaker 2: So when it comes to your planning, wow, I mean, what do you do. How do you beat that? Especially if it doesn't work?
Speaker 1: And she's like half half uh right, so we're not. It's not like one of those apples to apples comparison certainly, although maybe who knows you got red money? But what type of like wedding? I mean, are you excited? Is just like a long time in coming? How does one do that? In mentioning it publicly is kind of a weird thing too, because I'm dysfunctional everything. My longest relationship is with the turtle I found in the woods when I was eight years old, and it is not conjuble. It's just me getting earthworms, crickets and occasionally a cicada.
Speaker 3: Oh man, Yeah, no, we're very excited.
Speaker 4: Shoot, it's been about two and a half years, so now we got engaged over the All Star break.
Speaker 3: We travel a lot.
Speaker 4: We both like the Caribbean, so it's going to be a destination leading the Caribbean this offseason. So we're excited about it. Yeah, definitely, but no, nothing quite like space.
Speaker 6: Well, and then Taylor Swift's wedding is probably going to be pretty big as well.
Speaker 5: Are you a fan? Her new album came out is.
Speaker 6: Breaking records of course, have you heard any of the Taylor Swift record?
Speaker 5: Is it going to be your weddings?
Speaker 7: Think?
Speaker 4: I don't think I could identify a Taylor Swift song since she came out and like debuted as a country artist.
Speaker 3: So good for them, Good for them, you know, really really hope.
Speaker 4: That that has some legs and it's a long, happy marriage. But I can honestly say I don't have a whole lot of vested.
Speaker 3: Interest in that particular couple. So you know, whatever makes them happy, they're good for Good for.
Speaker 2: Them, Yeah, absolutely, Well we appreciate it.
Speaker 3: The only person that feels that way, but you.
Speaker 6: Know, maybe there's one or two others maybe, Yeah, just seem to be a very passionate support and love and then also a lot of hate, So I guess.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know she's doing something right. But she's a hell of a businesswoman, that is for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no doubt, no doubt, and.
Speaker 1: A great talent. Thank you for making time for us. We know there's no contractual obsigation. We know that you're often enjoying some off season time before you start ratcheting back up and starting to think about getting to the desert again. In the land of in and out Burger and the comple out there with the Reds and some Winter baseball or whatever else, anything else before we let you hop you want to leave the people thinking about here in the Tri State and those across planet Earth on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, I just think if this year doesn't get you excited for Reds Baseball for next year, I'm not sure what to tell you, because I know it was an exciting year. I would expect there to be a little more consistency next year. I think this team cleaned up a lot of things this year that were problems for them in the past. And I hope Red's countries just like me and really excited to get next year started. And as far as I'm concerned, spring training can start soon enough, so it should be a fun off season. I'm sure the front office is going to make some exciting moves and hopefully this team is ready to again next year. And I have no doubts they're ready to take some steps forward again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can feel it. I'm telling you.
Speaker 1: Congratulations again on the broom trumping. Sooner than later, Tommy throw a voice, Thanks for making time on this Saturday afternoon.
Speaker 2: We appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Man, you got a sterling Thank you guys, appreciate it so much.
Speaker 1: Terry care yourself, Stir and Donna de coming back. A good bit of ground to cover, but first some hooda today with the Lions in town. How will those of Bengals striped tigers down on the river do here? Seven hundred WLW here we are big Saturday afternoon, Stirling Donnade hanging out Chick Ludwig after six big football Bearcat win earlier at Nipperker here on the home of those Bearcats seven hundred w WELW thirty eight thirty over Iowa State. And they were kind of live for a lot, but they suffered through it and got it done. A lot of happy people, a lot of people not so happy right now for some reason, for good or bad. Bad Bunny who will kick off SNL's fifty first season tonight, if I'm not mistaken, live from New York and on Channel five and wherever else you you watch those type of things. But it's supposed to be doing the halftime show, and one would think that he will, although there's a lot of hate about Bad Bunny playing the Super Bowl show, So I guess the question is Donna. Yeah, should he be playing the super Bowl? And if not him, Taylor Swift or who? What is the problem?
Speaker 6: I think I think Taylor Swift would be a better call. I know she gets a lot of hate, but she's got a lot of love. She just released her album and it's just breaking records. I don't understand, Like I think Bad Bunny has good beats and stuff like that. He's a great artist to add to a record. He really is, you know, like a side artist kind of a thing. I've never read, but I mean you feel yeah.
Speaker 5: He also doesn't sing in English words, I got it, which is okay. It's fine. He has a good vibe to him.
Speaker 6: But if you can't name one song from a super Bowl artist, I don't think they should be playing the super Bowl. I mean we've had Michael Jackson, Prince, Madonna, Beyonce, you know, name the biggest you know you two and bon Jovi, Aerosmith and Lady God.
Speaker 5: I mean there's been you.
Speaker 6: You should have a pretty good catalog if you're gonna be asked to go to the super Bowl. The only thing I say is that he's gonna have so many guests. I mean, his big hit was with Cardi B. I'm sure she's gonna join him on stage. She's gonna have a lot of people on there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's an interesting thing, And I think some of this is related to politics and his stance on immigration issues right now, even though he's an American effectively coming from Puerto Rico and so forth. I think there's a lot of that politics hate going on too, aside from what seems glaringly obvious to me, Great, you can dance to it, whatever else, it's sort of the do you know what he's saying?
Speaker 2: Do you know what he's doing?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 5: Can you sing along?
Speaker 6: I mean I can't sing along with his songs. I wish I could, I can't, and I don't know him. I mean like you can tell I can have this in the background and it sounds good.
Speaker 5: I love it right.
Speaker 2: It makes me like I should be riding my bike or walking the dog.
Speaker 6: But should he be performing right or should should he be performing at the super Bowl right now?
Speaker 5: That it's a good call.
Speaker 1: Maybe they couldn't get anybody as big who would do it for free. Taylor Swift doesn't need money, she doesn't need exposer. She can do what everything she wants.
Speaker 5: They would get.
Speaker 6: I mean, I can't imagine, but if Maya Carrey would turn that down at this point, I mean, yeah, it could be bigger.
Speaker 5: Absolutely it could be.
Speaker 1: But I mean they've never done it, and I don't think would ever do it. As much as I think it'd be great to see.
Speaker 6: That would be a great you know, and coming off Kendrick Lamart, which I thought was I thought he was very good.
Speaker 5: I thought the whole show was really good.
Speaker 6: And then you know, but I think it could be a you know, alternate, put a little cool rock band in there.
Speaker 5: I mean, it would be fun.
Speaker 1: I'm going to have an unpopular take, which is not surprising on this to a point is that a lot of times I just want to go eat and you know, get away from it and then go eat and come back and go How was it.
Speaker 6: If you watched the halftime show? I love the halftime show Maroon five. What did justin Timberlake was a halftime show? Janney Jackson? I mean, you know, some of the biggest stars.
Speaker 1: Jane had a problem. There was the whole thing that was not throwing star. It changed everywhere. How many meetings doing this job did we have to hold a million.
Speaker 6: And that's that's actually when YouTube got started, was because so many requested to see the video.
Speaker 1: That's seriously, it's been hurt more by a woman's breast than us by hers.
Speaker 5: I mean, it was not good.
Speaker 2: It was so overblown though. I mean seriously, I didn't think it.
Speaker 6: I thought it was tacky for I really I don't disagree. One of those people that were like, can I have you undressed it? And they said it was all wrong. I mean, Jane Ha handled that terribly. She just did not do it that well what you gonna do?
Speaker 2: I mean, it was kind of like an odd thing and for them to go, oh, it was a surprise. We didn't mean to do what it was. It was a malfunction.
Speaker 6: It was Dougley playing. It was literally set it out. I'm gonna have you undressed at the end of the song.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it. Here's the thing.
Speaker 1: Open up the phones here five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven, eight hundred, the big one.
Speaker 2: Pick up the phone.
Speaker 1: You can give it the finger if you checking us out on the iHeart radio app streaming basically anywhere but North Korea and maybe Russia. On the Soviet Union former Soviet Union, on the iHeart radio app who should be doing the halftime show if not Bad Bunny and uh.
Speaker 5: Are maybe you are happy with that show?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, maybe Bad Bunny is the perfect choice for you and what your taste is and what is going on in the world and everything else that goes along with it. Because the question is, you know, comes Super Bowl time, maybe the who they could be there? I mean, look, there are two and two right now, the Lions are coming to town. They're three and one, two and two, five hundred record. After starting two and oh with the bad toe, Joe goes away and now you know you got to you know, a zero and two start, you know, at this point with Jake Browning under center. Uh maybe maybe possibly they could still get there. If there's a miracle, well, and then they have hope. The you gotta have hope. You gotta have hope. So I mean, why I just again and my first of all, I just don't care. I mean, I'm not that passionate about it. I mean, great, if it's got a beat and I can dance to it, whatever. I mean, I'd love Metallica to do it.
Speaker 6: It would be fantastic, would be an awesome halftime shout.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm old enough to remember that, Like when Injustice for All came out, that album, that's when all the sudden radio embraced it, and I'm like, well, where have you been? Finally, and now they're elder statesmen that are doing it, you know, kids are like Metallica. That's like, you know, that'd be like somebody talking about a band from the fifties for us. If something do it, you know, it's it's a very strange circumstance. Let's say get it going Marcus first with Stirling and Donna, d and Lebnon talking about Bad Bunny. If not Bad Bunny, who are you a fan? Are you you want Taylor Swift or anybody else?
Speaker 8: No, I'm not a fan of Bad Bunny, but I think that Bad Bunny is far more relevant musically today than Metallica or.
Speaker 7: Mariah Carey would be.
Speaker 8: I don't think either of those approached the level of gaining any new viewers for the show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a good point.
Speaker 6: That Mariah's got a new record and it's actually pretty good other than Christmas though, who cares well?
Speaker 5: I would?
Speaker 8: I'm right, I don't think that's where America is that too. With Mariah Carey and I wouldn't debate whether or not the album is good, but I certainly won't listen to it.
Speaker 6: So okay, Well, and I appreciate the call. I appreciate it. I do think if you brought back a classic rock wouldn't that be fun?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you're also talking about, like Wanning, a younger group of a generation. Although there's a whole lot of kids that are going back in a brace mean no, are they still relevant?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: I would say yes they are, I mean defined a genre, but.
Speaker 6: There could be someone in the middle right carry and Metallic I came off the top of my head.
Speaker 1: She does more Christmas time than most bands doing a lifetime on the road. Seriously, it just makes that record when you can hear their money now direct a positive to her account and Christmas hasn't even happened yet. It'd be great to hear from some women on this as well. Maybe Keith Urban would play the super Bowl. Well, yeah, he's in the news. He's relevant after twenty years of a marriage and stuff. And boy, that's a weird thing. You'll be talking about relationship stuff later with Doctor West. You're doing it a two show day here with me and then later to not midnight. Yeah, let's get to Mainville, Ray with Stirling and Donna die on the Big One. What about Bad Bunny? Should he be doing the super Bowl halftime show or is this controversy all over blown or what?
Speaker 7: No, it's not overblown. Thumbs down on Bad Bunny.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I would entertain almost anyone other than Bad Bunny.
Speaker 1: What's wrong with Bad Bunny? Because you don't know the hits, You don't know the songs, or the politics or what.
Speaker 7: All of the above. And I don't think the majority of the population would relate.
Speaker 6: You can't sing along, I mean exactly, not that that is the entire purpose. I'm sure he's going to put on a very electric and wild show, and you know I'm there. Like Mark said earlier, they're trying to get newer fans and so he does have quite a following.
Speaker 5: But I just think there was a bad call. I just appreciate the call.
Speaker 2: Ray, Thank you man.
Speaker 1: Thanks who sings at the halftime show along? I'm stuffing my face with food and beverages and a part of the huge rush to flush, if you know what I'm saying. That that's how halftime goes. But it's so true, it is both, but I mean to the Bluegrass we go, Anthony was sterling and donnade on the Big One. Are your thumbs upper thumbs down for bad Bunny?
Speaker 9: Absolutely not. Hey, I'm Latino and I don't like this guy.
Speaker 8: Let me tell you what, you know, you.
Speaker 9: Could put Bruno Mars at every Super Bowl and you it would be such a hit.
Speaker 10: I don't.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so Bruno was would be great and he did perform. I think you Anthony appreciate somebody.
Speaker 5: And was on there too.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I think Anthony was right. I mean, like, you know, have a bigger you know, have at least two or three songs that we can all know.
Speaker 2: You think he'll do something that we do know or like the masses.
Speaker 6: Well, his biggest hit is with Cardi B and I still don't remember the name of that. But yeah, I think he'll have her out and I think he's gonna have quite a few artists on stage with him and explosives and fireworks and I mean he's got Yeah, I'm sure it's gonna be a good show and he may surprise everybody and say, all right, I think this guy's actually pretty good.
Speaker 1: I don't know, will they dump him because of the controversy.
Speaker 5: I doubt that. I don't think that they're gonna do it.
Speaker 2: Is there anything bigger than the Super Bowl halftime shows?
Speaker 5: I mean McDonald's.
Speaker 6: McDonald's still went with them loving it from justin Timberlake and that was a bomb. No, I think this is the biggest stage that a performer.
Speaker 5: They don't get paid anything for it, but how many people see him? A billion?
Speaker 6: It's a ridiculous amount of people. So yeah, worldwide after this.
Speaker 1: Let's get another call or two and five, three, seven, four, ninety seven, eight hundred, the Big one, Sterling and Donna de What about Bad Bunny? The super Bowl controversy? Be it politics? Not knowing the hits, if there are hits, if you will depending on where you are. I guess to appoint demographically, what does the NFL want? What do they need? And I'm still having like flashbacks to the whole Nipplegate thing We're going a while back. I mean, seriously, I had probably five or six different meetings I had to sit through at dolls and continue, by the way, years later, about things you can and can't do is like my shirt off right now, and had a Chinese throwing star on my left or right nipple.
Speaker 2: No one would care other than Donna. She might run in fear and loathing.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's my own personal loathing to Mainville again with Ben hanging out with Sterling and Donadee on a Saturday afternoon, What do you have?
Speaker 7: Ben?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 7: So definitely no go on, bad Bunny.
Speaker 11: I mean, you know, the Spanish saying and the fact that you.
Speaker 7: Know he dresses like a woman's kind of weird for me.
Speaker 2: But uh, I.
Speaker 11: Kind of like the whole Snoop Dog and Chris Stapleton thing they do on Thursday night football and and and in general, why not a country montage maybe some Zac Brown Band and Chris Stapleton and Carrie Underwood and just the whole compilation of of of you know, modern country Morgan Wallen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, I agree.
Speaker 6: And you know Chris Stapleton that one year I think it was years So yeah, thanks Ben, He's saying the national anthem, and I told you how good he was going to be. It was one of the greatest performances with Chris Stapleton. And I don't think that that's a bad idea. I think we should have different kinds of genres.
Speaker 1: I gotta say. And this may not be popular, but I love the guy. Jamie Johnson may not be great for the super Bowl, but I would love to see Jamie Johnson as you know who that is?
Speaker 5: Who is that?
Speaker 2: I don't have the time or the words right now.
Speaker 1: Joe Zach Others room for you, Sterling, don and d coming back. If not Bad Bunny Who for the halftime? I don't mean the band who, but why not the who? They're saying goodbye for the EMPTI time two hundred and twenty two years old and still making good music. But if not Bad Bunny Whom? And if you don't like Bad Bunny why? Saturday afternoon five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven, eight hundred the Big One. Sterling Donnade coming up, Mike Dwallspace dot com. We'll talk Jump in the broom saying I do. Can you jump a broom and stomp a glass in space?
Speaker 5: I do? If you can, Tom Cruise will be able to do it. I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's probably too jump to broom for sure, Yeah, you could do that, stomp the glass. I mean, you don't want to look at an injury in space?
Speaker 2: What are you going to do?
Speaker 1: Sew up your foot seven hundred, WLW, Sterling and Donnadee hanging out Saturday afternoon. Winning day for football bear caast thirty eight thirty over a ranked Iowa State team. It was unbeaten until they came into Nippurton home. They go, well, it's a big l Tomorrow Bengals look to get a win and bounce back with Browning under center after Joe's toe issue with the Detroit Lions in town. You'll hear that here on seven hundred WLW been talking about Bad Bunny the halftime show at the super Bowl, and a lot of uh, disgruntled of people, uh not a hip to the idea Bad Bunny doing it either, don't know the music, don't like the music, don't know the hits if there are hits at all, and then then maybe a little politics playing into it with the issue of immigration.
Speaker 6: I suppose, right, Yeah, well, it's not political in any way, shape or form for me. I just think, and we've been talking about this, that if somebody plays the super Bowl halftime show, you should know at least two or three of their records and one I can't name one Bad Bunny song, and he's usually like an ad in for a bigger artist. You know, he does a lot of those guest appearances and so so for me, that's not super Bowl worthy. But surprise, well, I would I.
Speaker 5: Would put Bruno Mars in there.
Speaker 6: I would put you know, maybe not Mariah Carey because she's getting a little bit old and she can't do it on stage anymore. I mean, she's got a good new record out, so she is relev We talked about her.
Speaker 1: But there's a ton of artists, for sure that can do it. You know, absolutely, let's tix more costs. What other people think to Moscow, Ohio not Russia, Well, I mean they could call. I mean, if they could listen, I don't know. Zach was Sterling and Donnadee on the Big One.
Speaker 2: Hey man, what do you think?
Speaker 9: I'm a betting man, And I'm shocked that it was in Taylor Swift.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's my choice for it.
Speaker 6: But she is getting married, so she's she's she made a statement and said I'm tired, and she toured all it was like the biggest tour of the year and now she's engaged to you know, one of the brothers, Kelsey.
Speaker 3: Do you ever think about it? This weekend she released her new album.
Speaker 5: I think you're absolutely right, Zach.
Speaker 6: What would be a giant thing for her to be playing the super Bowl this year?
Speaker 2: Thanks, Jach.
Speaker 1: I mean you're right on it. I mean, she doesn't need the help. It's not benefiting. I mean, she could make more money. She could sell more records or a stream more. I suppose possibly, Well, she have already a billion streams.
Speaker 6: It's a breaking record, so, I mean the Spotify record, it's breaking every Spotify record.
Speaker 5: I mean, and I've listened to probably four songs, and they're very good. They are so good.
Speaker 1: She held that door open when talent was given out. I mean as a business person and taking care of her team, the people driving trucks for that huge production and everything else.
Speaker 5: He pays them, well, she takes care of them the road.
Speaker 6: I mean, yeah, she's an overall good person and I think that's probably why she's had the success that she's had.
Speaker 5: I know, Sterling, if.
Speaker 1: I could just pick some music, just let's get to Joe and Batavia with Sterling and Dunnady, what about Bad Bunny?
Speaker 2: Should he go?
Speaker 1: Will he do the halftime show or will they punt because of all this hubbum?
Speaker 9: Well, I'll tell you what, guys, I don't really know. I think Roger Goodell really fumbled on this one.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, Yeah, both were like, I think it was a good ball analogy though fumbled.
Speaker 9: Let me press this by saying this though I have not, will not cannot ever afford a super Bowl ticket, so unfortunately I will not be there in person this year. And also I do have a remote control with fresh batters. I guess I could change the channel if I wanted to, but just really grabs my gears. I mean, Roger Goodell, I don't even know what's going on here. I think the perfect line up. This is how I would do it. Okay, I would do Lee Greenwood, Star Stangled Banner. I would do a coin flip. We ain't even talking about coin flip yet. Dean King, that's Superman right there. That's Superman. He's fighting for us, he's getting rid of these legal Superman would would be awesome for the coin flip. Now, mute halftime. I think I definitely think it should be uh kid rock, you know, kid Rock. Maybe do a little collaboration with Ted Nudget, Maybe do a solo, you know what I mean. And I think it really brings this country together. I don't know what we all.
Speaker 6: Think we I don't like Ted Nus and I never have liked him and great it was crazy. I'm just the same and music wise, I've never been a fan of Ted News.
Speaker 9: Thirteen year old girl.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's so much for I mean, I asked Anny about issues with going away for doing anything things and you know what, there was a time when apparently everybody seemed okay with that weird six stuff to.
Speaker 6: Know, and nobody's ever okay, not a lot of people. Is Joe still okay? Because I wanted to see if he thought Keith Urban could have done it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, there's just no time.
Speaker 1: Sandy Collins has news the latest on this this horrible circumstance with the former quarterback in the NFL, Mark Sanchez, who's in Indianapolis to call that game, who's hospitalized after being stabbed.
Speaker 5: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: That and more was Stirling and Donna d coming back mike ywallspace dot com. We'll talk getting married in space and more before chick Ludwig steps here, uh and to do with what he does uh in a bit, and then Donna comes back later tonight while I listen and.
Speaker 2: I listened to relationship stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, trying to get my life right seven hundred doule Well w and stomp a glass and say I do way up there with no gravity?
Speaker 10: I guess you can. I mean I'd probably be safer just to kind of smash it with your hand. I mean, if you have like a cloth napkin over it or something. I mean you want to be stomping on stuff up there. There's a lot of sense of.
Speaker 1: Equipments of blood and stuff not good.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I haven't heard of anybody else getting yet getting married in space. That's probably a first.
Speaker 1: Very cool, so there's something to look forward to. I guess if you have Tom Cruise money and you are, like Donna just said off the year, he's Tom Cruise, meaning I guess he can do anything.
Speaker 6: Well, no, he was like, well, we would think Jeff Bezos would do something like that before Tom Cruise. But Tom Cruise is, you know, an adrenaline junkie. He flies motorcycles off cliffs and has a parachute, So why wouldn't he go to space? I was, I mean, it's crazy that you know this woman who was a great actress. She was in a very good movie with Ben Affleck called deep Water. It was really good and a dearmis twenty six years younger than Tom Cruise.
Speaker 5: You know, how do you marry?
Speaker 6: We're talking with Mike to wall about this, but how do you marry such adventurous It would be exhausting in my book, I mean, how do you do that?
Speaker 7: Mike?
Speaker 5: Would you ever get married in space or remarried or remarried?
Speaker 10: I don't think so, Like, I don't know. I mean, I I just I'm more of a simple person with simple taste, and I don't have Tom Cruise's energy, so I think, I, yeah, that's that's a little too much for me.
Speaker 2: He isn't exhausting. Actually think about it.
Speaker 1: Here's something I always pepper you with all these questions, like about what's going on? So before we go further, and I know Donna has other stuff to ask you, I'm curious about what jumps out at you since we've last spoken. Stuff that's monumental that matters in space news, perhaps even budget issues with what's going on with the shutdown and how that affects NASA in the future of spaced off.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's really depressing, you know, I mean with with the shut down, you know, NASA has actually furloughed fifteen thousand employees out of about eighteen thousand an agency.
Speaker 3: So it's the same story with a lot of different agencies.
Speaker 10: You know, a lot of people are going without paychecks, and that means a lot of like a lot of work is also not being done. You know, a lot of science is not being done. And there's a lot of collateral damage from this, you know, like the Juno Jupiter orbiter, which has been yeah, been orbiting Jupiter and studying it for years now apparently might be on the chopping block or might be on its last legs, and not just because of the shutdown, but that that hasn't helped. It's just yeah, it's just depressing. It's it's like a lot of things in the country, like things things are just like yeah, not like working necessarily how they should and it yeah, has ripple effects all the way across everything.
Speaker 1: I guess, Unlike others who have a choice to either show up to work or not whether they're getting paid or not. In this case on Tarra Firma and in the space and the space station situation, they're not getting paid, but they can't like just walk away from the gig. So they're just going to go on as business as usual and their family will get their money, I guess whenever they get it right.
Speaker 10: Yeah, there are certain there are certain activities that are exempt from the shutdown stuff, Like, yeah, if you're an astronaut of Space Station, obviously you you bill need stay up there. You're not going to just like like jump out and come back down to Earth. Like you're a work in mission control in Houston, and to support the Space station astronauts, you know you you are continuing to work because that's viewed as Yeah, obviously mission critical people's lives are at stake. And they exempted a few other things too, you know, like the Artemist program that like trying to get get people back to the Moon. All the planning.
Speaker 3: And development will.
Speaker 10: Work for the Artemist program is continuing more or less on the same schedule, and that's they're trying to hit like a pretty ambitious launch schedule for the second Artist mission Artists Too, which is supposed to launch this spring and send four people around the Moon and back, not yea, not to land, but to do kind of like a like a loop around the Moon mission and come back to Earth. All the people are the vast majority of the people working on keeping that on schedule are still working, still coming into work. So there are a few things that, yeah, that are deemed like mission critical to NASA and to the country, and those are still continuing.
Speaker 6: And so you know, I always ask you an Elon Musk question, Mike. So he's got he's got the SpaceX launch coming up October thirteenth, How how is that looking? And is that going to be you know, tell me about why he's doing. This is going to be his eleventh I think the eleventh launch from from from SpaceX.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the eleventh flight test.
Speaker 6: Are they getting closer and closer to you know, landing on the moon on Mars?
Speaker 10: I mean, well, yeah, this is it's going to be the eleventh. Yeah, it's the eleventh test flight of Starship, which is there the big Mars rocket. You know, Elon's always said he founded SpaceX a long time ago to help humanity colonize Mars. That's like the main deal, that's the main driving force for most of the stuff that he's doing with SpaceX, and this this is the rocket that he thinks can make that happen. And it's also like the rocket that actually NASA has chosen to help astnauts land on the Moon with Artemiss three mission, which hopefully launches in twenty twenty seven. So there's a lot there are a lot of reasons to like root for this thing to work. You know, NASA is definitely rooting for it to work. They have a lot investment in it. And yeah, it's like the tenth test flight was August twenty sixth and it actually it like went well, and that broke a streak of like three straight test flights where the upper stage of Starship didn't survive. It was supposed to land in the come down off the coast of Western Australia and it didn't make it that far. You know, it broke apart three straight flights in a row. But flight ten worked really well. So I'm sure that gives SpaceX like a lot of reasons for optimism. And they're gonna they're going to try to match that again on flight eleven, which yet, like as you mentioned in October thirteenth.
Speaker 6: So they did when SpaceX did win seven hundred and fourteen million dollars from the Pentagon, And so they think this is the best shot to get to Mars. Is that why they're putting this money behind it?
Speaker 10: Well, I yeah, Like I think that the Pentagon has other ambitions for Starship. You know, they don't care that much about colonizing Mars. I think what they see what they see with Starship is a chance to are a real opportunity to launch lots of cargo like around the Earth very quickly and have that land.
Speaker 3: I mean, you can.
Speaker 10: Launch a ton of stuff in Starship. It's really really big. You can imagine all the things that the military might want to launch and get to a place really fast. So I think they see it as like points to point transportation here on Earth. Wowy lost, but like some tanks or a bunch of missiles, there something you can put it can load that all up in the starship, which is gigantic, and it could be on the other side of the world in like ninety minutes, you know, And that's that's so are There are a lot of companies that are thinking about stuff like that.
Speaker 3: There are a lot of militaries around the world.
Speaker 10: That are thinking about stuff like that, like what can we do with space launch that's not just in space, but can help us do stuff here on Earth.
Speaker 1: So ninety minutes around planet on Earth, and I can't get a pizza to my house in less than an hour, and so I got to go pick it up.
Speaker 2: That's amazing.
Speaker 6: It's the first time I've heard anybody talk about that of were why are we all in space? Well that makes sense to be able to move things quicker around this planet.
Speaker 2: That's pretty amazing.
Speaker 5: That is crazy, real quicker.
Speaker 1: Before we let you bounce, Mightywallspace dot Com with Stirling and Donnade on the Big One. This is I look at the Moon all the time. Don't look at the Sun directly anyway, but the moon is fine. International observe the moon. Night is tonight. I don't what's different about tonight than any other night before we let you go.
Speaker 10: I don't think the moon will look any different. But it's just a way to kind of raise awareness about the Moon. I think most people know that it exists, but like just to it's it's sort of I mean kind of ticket for granted, and it's just so it's like it's the Moon. It's up there. But there are a lot of scientists who are very investments studying it. You know what I can teach us about sources some history, and now that we're trying to get people back there for the first time since the Apollo days, you know, there's a lot of interesting stuff, both in terms of science and exploration, and it's just like it's just one of those things that people who care about like astronomy and space science do to try to convince other people to care a little bit and to look up and to maybe, yeah, just just kind of think a little beyond themselves observes a wonder.
Speaker 6: I mean, Mike, I went out onto my back deck the other night and literally there were so many stars and I just sat in my on my chair and looked up into the sky and it was beautiful.
Speaker 5: I love the reminder. I love it it is.
Speaker 3: It's pretty.
Speaker 10: And each each one of those stars, you know, each one of those probably has at least one planet, and you just don't.
Speaker 3: Know what those worlds are like.
Speaker 10: It's it is really crazy now that we're learning so much about extraplanets that the yeah, seeing all these stars in the sky, it takes on like a new meeting because they're all pretty much all solar systems, just like our solar system, and they many a lot of these stars probably have Rocky planets and some of them might have water. Yeah, it's just it does put things into perspective more now that we know a lot about them.
Speaker 1: For tiny, little insignificant like sands in the hour glass, it's unbelievable. Mike y Wall, it's always great to talk to you for bringing a space to life and it's relevance to us here on Taro firmat space dot com. The website always great reading, a fantastic resource and a bunch of really really big brain people making things easily understandable, which I need help as much as I can get on that. Thanks Mike, take care of yourself. Enjoy the rest of your weekend you too.
Speaker 3: Thanks guys.
Speaker 1: He's Mike d Wall Sterling and Donna Dee. You're back tonight after Chick. He follows us, and then you're gonna talk relationship with doctor West.
Speaker 5: Yeah without me. I know, it's because I'm so You're gonna be on the next one.
Speaker 2: It's all good, So check her out.
Speaker 1: Check is next A good show to great calls and straight away from Brendan Jones talking baseball playoff season sands the Reds win for the football Bearcats Bengals in action tomorrow there's a lot on a play on a great weekend to be here in Cincinnati, on the home of the Hooday and the Bearcats in Stirling and Donnade, seven hundred WLW, Cincinnati,