Speaker 1: You're listenings KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: The Bill handles show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: He has tried it several times because he's got the criminal record dating back to nineteen ninety eight. Yeah, okay, burglary, all right, the deadly weapon rets evading police.
Speaker 2: Okay, so the presumption is against him. Okay, I'll agree.
Speaker 4: Geez, I'll allow.
Speaker 5: It, and now handle on the news, ladies and gentlemen. Here's Bill handle. Let me turn on the mic. Good morning, everybody.
Speaker 1: Handle here. It's a Honday, Wednesday.
Speaker 2: November twelfth, last dry day for a few days. A big storm is a coming hello to the crowd.
Speaker 4: Neil, good morning, Good morning? Will it wolf Esquire?
Speaker 1: Are you okay? Two days now? I haven't slept very well.
Speaker 4: So, but you want to take a nap? That's what we all do during Yeah.
Speaker 2: We were talking about that, and I don't nap, but at night when I watched TV, what I do end up doing is falling asleep on the couch, sitting up my head lolling and drool coming out of the side of my mouth. Lindsay says, it's a very sexy.
Speaker 1: Look.
Speaker 4: Do you remember when you and I were so excited to go to the Persian Palace and hang out with dom Dela Wise to show him The Life of Brian. And he fell asleep during the opening credits. You remember that, Yeah, in your theater.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 4: He fell asleep right like the second it started. We'd told him how great the Life of Brian was and he's got.
Speaker 1: To see it, and I fall asleep. Yeah. And good morning, good morning, and Amy.
Speaker 2: There you are, Good morning, Cono, good morning, Slip, great, excellent.
Speaker 1: And I saw Will in studio with you, Amy.
Speaker 6: He was in studio. Now he's back in his poset.
Speaker 2: Okay, So hello Will, Good morning Bill, good morning.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm just reading an article. Let me get this right.
Speaker 2: It's uh, Pope Leo is having a bunch of Hollywood folks going to the Vatican.
Speaker 1: They're doing whatever the hell they're doing.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's the Roman Catholics church jubilee celebration.
Speaker 1: And so he talked about.
Speaker 2: His films, his favorite films, his four favorite films.
Speaker 1: Here's a shocker, right, Let me get this right.
Speaker 2: Uh, it's a uh, it's a wonderful life, right obviously, Frank Capra sound of music.
Speaker 4: The hills are alive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hills are alive.
Speaker 2: Here we go ordinary people, okay, weird and it's what's the other one?
Speaker 1: Life is beautiful?
Speaker 6: Yeah, life is I don't remember.
Speaker 1: Oh it's a it's a Holocaust film.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, but Oscar Award. It's basically dead us.
Speaker 6: You know, it's all like all the Holocaust about angels and demons.
Speaker 2: No, they didn't make the cut. Tell you what else didn't make the cut? Which was very close, as Debbie does Rome, it was very close.
Speaker 4: Oh boy, okay that a can't what that of can't can't?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Got it? Fair enough?
Speaker 2: All right, guys, we've got a fair amount to talk about. The storm coming in. That's going to be news certainly tomorrow, and the shutdown is going to continue.
Speaker 1: It's it's going to be over.
Speaker 2: I think today is the vote, correct, with the Senate votes today, and then it goes.
Speaker 6: To the House or the Senate's already done.
Speaker 1: They voted completely all right, yes, and.
Speaker 3: So the House members are making their way back and they're expecting a vote sometime late this supp but.
Speaker 2: The members it may be kind of a delay because the members are getting on airplanes and there are lots and lots of delays. A couple of guys were on their motorcycles drive a thousand miles or motorcycling one thousand miles. A lot of fun rental cars, I mean, anywhere anyway they can get.
Speaker 1: All right, are we ready to do it?
Speaker 2: Handle on the news on this Wednesday Morning with Amy Neil and Me lead story. Transportation Secretary Sean Duffy. He's a pretty good looking guy too. Have you noticed I think, Yeah, No, I haven't. Okay, I do you know, I get a little excited, you know, I get a little I get a little bulgy when I see.
Speaker 4: Him, very little.
Speaker 2: No, well, it's sort of a semi semi bulge.
Speaker 4: You're the only person I know that gets splinter.
Speaker 1: In any case.
Speaker 2: He has said, Well, he said if the government doesn't move to reopen soon, and they will be, but it's going to take a while. The flight delays and disruptions are actually going to get worse over the next even several weeks. In terms of bringing back the air traffic controllers. It doesn't happen immediately, so we'll see, you're going to see more delays. I can't imagine how many delays, and then weather delays on top of that, and no fight. You want to ride in a car or that great Queen song riding a bike, bicycle, bicycle.
Speaker 4: I want to ride my bicycle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's great. It's a great song.
Speaker 6: Not practical, but a great song.
Speaker 1: I love that song. I'm a big fan of Queen.
Speaker 3: Uh. Snap payments are still stopped. The Supreme Court has extended an order that blocks full SNAP payments which were ordered by lower courts. So now the order extending the order blocking payments will expire before midnight on Thursday. Now, the Senate has already approved the bill to end the shutdown. The House is going to plan a on it today, so that would reopen the government and extend SNAP benefits for another year, although for people who have not received their Snap benefits since funding ran out, we don't know how long it's going to be until they get reinstated.
Speaker 1: Now look at the politics of this.
Speaker 2: You have Snap benefits right and the court order, and there everything is stopped. The court orders the benefits to be paid come hell or high water for the month of November. The Trump administration appeals that order, saying we don't want to give full Snap benefits, only a partial benefits, And of course the Supreme court went ahead and backed up Trump. Now the politics of this is the Trump administration is saying no to full snap benefits for this month.
Speaker 1: And yet is it going to hurt politically.
Speaker 2: No. There was a sixty minute interview that I saw that I thought was stunning. It was about farmers and they interviewed one farmer who was about to lose his farm. Four generations that were on the farm. I mean, they were foreclosing on his farm because of the tariffs and China not buying soybeans for a period of time, just shutting down the soybean purchase, and so his crop was all soybeans. So he was done. I mean, there was no money coming in. And as he sat there and as his foreclosure is happening, he said, I'm sure the President has a plan.
Speaker 1: I'm sure it's going to be okay. I support the President.
Speaker 4: You're losing your farm.
Speaker 1: Well that's okay.
Speaker 2: You know, I understand politics, But I got to tell you, if I'm losing my farm, I don't care who it is who's causing me to lose my farm.
Speaker 1: I'm not a happy camper.
Speaker 4: Oh listen, nobody wants you to buy the farm more than me.
Speaker 2: Okay, anyway, So I'm just enjoying the politics of it all that it's everything is turned around political wise, all right, moving on.
Speaker 4: All right, Trump, he's telling us again we're getting it wrong. Yea. Trump says bad news about the economy is a con job from the Democrats, and that gas. He goes, are you ready cost her down? Gasoline is going to be hitting two dollars pretty soon, or around two dollars. Gasoline is at two seventy now, and it was at four point fifty under Biden, under Sleepy Joe, he says, when the reality is the average consumer price for a gallon at gas in the US was three point zero seven to two on Tuesday. That's according to Triple A, which said the average price was a little bit higher than that a year ago here ago, which is a three point zero.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's absolutely minimal.
Speaker 2: It's just, you know, every bit of bad news is fake news, and the good news is would you intimate news.
Speaker 4: I don't let anybody tell me how to feel like. If it's tight for me, it's tight for me. No one standing behind a microphone is going to make that go away.
Speaker 2: Well, remember, price is going to be half of what they were. So I was at rouse the other day and Bill came to I don't know, forty bucks. I threw twenty dollars down at the counter and I said, no, No, this isn't forty dollars.
Speaker 1: This is twenty dollars.
Speaker 4: Because Trump said, yeah, because I just yell faked news and walk out with the groceres with the fake news.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Taking a closer look at Turning Point protests, the Department of Justice says it's going to investigate security on the UC Berkeley campus. Several people were arrested on Monday after clashes broke out on and off campus between protesters and people attending a Turning Point USA event. The event happened two months after Charlie Kirk was assassinated at another Turning Point event. The event was the first in California since Charlie Kirk was killed, and the DOJ says is going to investigate whether free speech or anti discrimination laws were violated.
Speaker 1: Now I have a question about that. Well.
Speaker 2: First of all, as far as the extent of this protest, Berkeley says only four people were arrested and two of them were fighting with each other. So to the extent that this was a major protest.
Speaker 4: We had so much worse.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: But the argument is that any anti rite effort, for example, this is antifa or antifa is somehow stopping freedom of expression, freedom of assembly. Although the point is that the universities have been insanely liberal. I mean that is true. Higher education is very liberal, was very liberal. Has changed quite a bit now and it will change. But a very big deal is made whenever it's the right wing being attacked by everybody on the report.
Speaker 4: Strangely enough, it was given away. The conservatives owned schools way prior to anything else. All most schools were started for religious Yeah. How about this one for you, a little factoid, little bit, bill handle factoid. The old Deluter Satan Act. Was it eighteen forty six, eighteen forty six, something like that, seventeen forty six. The old Diluter Satan Act is why they started schools to teach people how to read scripture for themselves.
Speaker 2: Didn't know that, little something for you, didn't know that, all right, Speaker Mike.
Speaker 4: Johnson, cheez, can you imagine fifty days after you were elected to wait to be seated. So Speaker Mike Johnson plans to swear and representative elect of Arizona as a member of Congress. What's her name at.
Speaker 2: Elita yea, yeah, yeah, maybe he just didn't want to pronounce her name. No, because she's a vote on making the Epstein files public. Oh, that was the last vote. And then and he refused to seat her. And when he was attacked and said, but wait a minute, you seated Republicans right Immediately immediately after, he says, well, their families were here, uh, and we had to accommodate the families because they were only here for a limited period of time.
Speaker 1: That's what he said.
Speaker 4: Are the Epstein files going to come out? You bet?
Speaker 6: Aren't they already out?
Speaker 2: Now? There's still some in there there they're claiming this is another thing in Johnson is claiming, since it's being investigated anyway by a House committee, it's moot. In the meantime, did you, uh, what's just reliefs as being reported?
Speaker 1: I know by who?
Speaker 2: But House Democrats released emails uh, in which Epstein wrote, this is what they're saying, In which Epstein allegedly wrote that Donald Trump knew of Epstein's conduct and further spent hours at his house with underage underage girls. That's what Epstein wrote, or saying that he wrote, I have see here's the issue. If Donald Trump is innocent, which I think he is, by the way, I don't think he was into fourteen year old girls, at least I don't believe that.
Speaker 1: But he had to have known that Epstein was. I think so. I think everybody else. I think everybody knew.
Speaker 2: And why did the administration goes so crazy to hide those files because he campaigned on opening those files. The Biden administration hid those files, which I have no idea about because you know that Biden didn't hang out with fourteen year old girls.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but we don't know if his sons or anyone else.
Speaker 1: His grandkids. I have no idea.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, let's do one more and then we'll bail.
Speaker 3: Approaching one billion dollars, there was no big winner from Tuesday night's Mega Million's Jackpot drawing, so the estimated prize for Friday night is nine hundred and sixty five million dollars. The odds of winning any prize in the game or won in twenty three doesn't sound so bad, right, Well, the odds of winning the jackpot are one and two hundred and ninety point five million.
Speaker 1: Are you in the pool here? That Michelle runs? Of course, Okay, I think we're all in the pool.
Speaker 6: And I don't think we've ever won more than two hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: With two hundred dollars, are you kidding? I've never seen beyond five dollars.
Speaker 4: You roll it over, he rolls it over.
Speaker 2: So the odds of us winning a major prize are won in five billion, So you can say us, there's a.
Speaker 6: Chance two hundred and ninety point five million.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And then the argument is, well, somebody's got to win. Yeah, it's just not going to be you. Why don't we take a.
Speaker 6: Break, just wait until we all win, And then you're even more grumpy.
Speaker 2: I'm in the pool. Oh, I am in the pool. I'm the just in case, just in case I'm wrong?
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 4: You never want to hear a tattoo artist say oops, And you never want tense air traffic control audio of two jets possibly colliding. So you have a near collision between two passenger planes departing from lax on October thirty first, and you know this is all part of the concerns of the ongoing government shutdown. Of course you have any time that you have such an important job like air traffic control, being under extra stress, like not being paid. This is the concerns. So a plane drifted left off of its planned course, air traffic control commanded that the ITA pilot to turn right heading two seventy immediately stop your altitude climb. All this the intense stuff that you would expect that would happen in a moment like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this in their traffic control. This is the pilot who screwed up. This is pilot error where air traffic controls saw it happen and go turn right.
Speaker 4: Sure, but let may ask questions air traffic controls do it?
Speaker 2: That's true? And yeah, I mean they try to keep planes away from each other. Amy real quickly. Are we getting more and more stories of near collisions?
Speaker 6: It seems that we are.
Speaker 2: But the.
Speaker 3: Question is are there more or are they being reported?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's always the question.
Speaker 2: Like autism, All of a sudden, autism has exploded, right, is it a question of reporting or has it really gone up three hundred percent in the last fifteen minutes. And the other thing about these near collisions, I it's going to happen. I mean, it's just there's so many of these. There is going to be a mid air collision between these two, between two major planes.
Speaker 6: Well, I guess it wasn't a major plane, but it did happen in DC.
Speaker 4: Just yeah, a couple.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But you're looking at passenger planes leaving airports.
Speaker 1: I mean that is really scary.
Speaker 3: Brace for the storm from space. Space weather forecasters who knew there were Space weather forecasters issued an alert for incoming severe solar storms that could severely disrupt radio and GPS communications.
Speaker 6: That's the bad side.
Speaker 3: On the flip side, northern lights could be visible as far south as northern California.
Speaker 2: I don't quite understand space weather forecasters like you said. It's how about it's going to be cold if the sun isn't shining, or it's going to be really hot when the sun is.
Speaker 1: Thank you, let's take a break.
Speaker 4: The air is going to be thin up there. But I've seen some of these pictures. Have you seen all the northern light? There's some right there on the news. The Northern lights pictures are gorgeous.
Speaker 6: Have you ever seen them?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: I have been to Alaska and was on a cruise to the what is the straight there?
Speaker 1: The the inward passage in the passage.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, and but we didn't see him.
Speaker 2: I have gone in Alaska and I've seen the northern lights. That's our lights being the north end of the ship where the lights lights.
Speaker 1: Yeah lights, Oh.
Speaker 4: No, they were going north. These ones should be in the sky, should be super pretty.
Speaker 3: My brother saw them, and he said, and he took a bunch of pictures and he's a photographer and his pictures were spectacular and he said, this is nothing.
Speaker 4: Oh I imagine like seeing.
Speaker 3: Them live and seeing the light move around and stuff. He said, it's just awe inspiring.
Speaker 4: Okay, so Kini doctor Kenny is going to be on a thirty talking about this. You just don't want to add the word infant to Bachelism by Heart. They're a manufacture of organic baby formula. So now they've gone on to recall all of its products sold nationwide just yesterday because some batches they found were expanding an outbreak of infant bochulism. Yeah, so they had to. I mean that's scary. I mean this is the first foods.
Speaker 2: You can undo that very easily. Just the word organic on anything. Just don't buy it. Yeah, that organic stuff will kill you. Every time. Leave it alone.
Speaker 4: Okay, seems problematic, doesn't it.
Speaker 2: So jim is going to talk about this, you know, because that's a fun disease batualism, which is botox.
Speaker 1: Did you know that that's a form of botulism.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, you're poisoning your face.
Speaker 6: And we paid to poison our face.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we do.
Speaker 3: Jimmy Kimmel is saying goodbye to his band leader, who is also his childhood friends. They've been like just fast friends since they were like nine years old. Cleto Escabido the Third died yesterday morning. He was the band leader on Jimmy Kimmel Live. He was just fifty nine years old. Whoa yeah, And after the announcement and Kimmel's show was canceled for the evening.
Speaker 6: Where is that?
Speaker 1: Oh, we don't know what he died of.
Speaker 6: It.
Speaker 2: This is scary where people our age are, or certainly my age, are popping off like crazy. Fifty nine, No, I'm not fifty nine. You're hopeful.
Speaker 1: I'm hopeful. Yeah, I'm hopeful.
Speaker 2: When my mom died at ninety eight and at her funeral, nobody was there.
Speaker 1: Everybody had died.
Speaker 4: She knew your mom died the day you were born, she left her mortal coil. Yeah yeah, later she.
Speaker 2: Lasted five years longer than she should have, just to screw with me, and it worked beautifully.
Speaker 4: So yesterday, you remember that crazy story we talked about that chase that went through like every county in California, started in Thousand Oaks, ended like in San Diego, and then she went to Mexico. So that woman that was accused of leading that massive law enforcement chase from Thousand Oaks to the US Mexico border just Monday, has returned to the US to turn herself in. She's twenty nine year old Melissa Wilson. She came back across the border on Tuesday turned herself in. She was later handed over to Vintera County deputies because that's where it started. And she apparently stole a minivan from a sober living home in East Hillcare Strive. Oh, I know where that is in Thousand Oaks, and she did.
Speaker 1: She's gonna be okay.
Speaker 2: She's actually gonna be okay because this reporter is she has mental issues and if she had a severe mental issue with psychotic episode, they're not gonna charge her.
Speaker 4: That sucks. It's like all of us would have to go to jail, except Cono.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and keep in mind, as she's remember if you watch the chase, which I did part of it, because it went on for hours, she never went beyond the speed limit on the freeway.
Speaker 6: Well, so she went up to ninety.
Speaker 1: That's the speed limit when you drive here. Ninety is the low end, isn't it?
Speaker 2: Amy?
Speaker 6: No, I top out at eighty?
Speaker 1: Oh okay.
Speaker 4: Amy still uses hand signals. She's very, very cautious.
Speaker 1: Which works in the middle of the night on the freeway.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what are you saying?
Speaker 4: Nothing?
Speaker 6: Are you there?
Speaker 1: She spaghetti?
Speaker 3: Oh, new duties could double the cost of your favorite pennae spaghetti and rigatoni pasta from Italy.
Speaker 4: You said duty.
Speaker 6: Dutie.
Speaker 4: Listen to Cono laugh.
Speaker 6: All right, So here's why.
Speaker 3: The US already has slapped fifteen percent tariffs on goods exported from the European Union. Okay, so that would apply to the pasta. But now Italian pasta makers are facing a new ninety one point seventy four percent tariff because of something known as dumping. Yeah, and it's just like steel dumping. Remember the USA acuse China that, except it's pasta where they're selling it for under market value, so they're putting the tariff or.
Speaker 2: They by the way, that is totally legitimate. Here's where I agree with the president is if you have foreign manufacturers of anything, at that point you throw tear of stuff up and sometimes these these manufacturers, the dumping is subsidized by the governments. That's what happened with steel in China in terms of getting the American market, is that the government of China subsidized Chinese steel that was brought into the United States, which, of course people who you steel was gonna were going to buy the Chinese steel because it was so much cheaper. So yeah, if the dumping is correct, I think President Trump is right on on this one.
Speaker 3: Hey, speaking of Chinese steel, did you see that bridge collapse in China?
Speaker 1: The stor Yes, yes, crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was like super high looking like a very modern, high tech looking it had.
Speaker 1: Just opened up, but there was no traffic, correct.
Speaker 4: Why did it it? Just the integrity wasn't there.
Speaker 1: Oh you think you think the Chinese are going to tell us.
Speaker 2: What they're saying is that the hill was unstable, that there was some geological problems with the hill, that it was attached to.
Speaker 1: But we'll find out.
Speaker 4: You know that's not the man made part. Yeah, yeah, right, all right, so this was crazy. Yesterday, just about six pm, I'm in my office at home, getting some work done, and then all of a sudden, the South Pasadena emergency alert came across the phone, and it said that it was just a test. But this went.
Speaker 2: Everywhere and I've never seen where it says just a test. Have you like an AMBI alert? I've never I've never seen this is just a test.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this one. Yeah, I think this is the only one. I don't know. It's hard to recall, but I did see that come across. But this, you know, La County Long Beach, downtown, La Wheredondo Beach. I saw tons of people get it, but I didn't understand why we were getting it. It was a mistake.
Speaker 2: All right, we're done with the news. Excellent, well done, well said k IF. I am six point forty.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 2: Catch my show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.