Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on a five to seventy LA Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio Wha Friends.
Speaker 2: The longest running afternoon sports show in the city.
Speaker 1: No congratulations necessary.
Speaker 3: All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 4: This is Petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadakas terrible person, He's the worst and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 1: The pipes, the pipes, the pipe.
Speaker 2: Don't miss an episode.
Speaker 3: We're with you, Yeah, follow.
Speaker 4: The Petros In Money Show wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadakas and Matt money.
Speaker 1: Smith against the Assault of Laughter Nothing Band, Hello everybody, and welcome once again to the final show of the.
Speaker 2: Week, Great Sports Talk.
Speaker 1: For great Sports Talk, Petros and Money Show on a five seventy LA Sports. Beautiful Day. A big thank you to Jonas for pulling and Kevin figures and Ronnie for pulling them over the finish line. We have a lot going on and a great deal to promote here during the tour where Matt is out of town. We got a great deal to promote during the tour. What tour tour? The world Tour Guy we can't gue, we can't get tired.
Speaker 5: Sorry, I'm just distracted by the wipes and cleaning off the counter here in the studio. Another day of Fred's feed up on the counter, so I'm just trying to clean it all off.
Speaker 1: And you know, Tim, I saw the bottom of his shoes. They look particularly dirty today, so you probably did a good thing there. Disgusting all right, Well, get pet of some Money on demand with the Patch of Some Money Show podcast. You can stream it live right now when we're starting, or you can podcast it later tonight. We've got Clippers, We've got Lakers. Pregame at six o'clock, tip off at seven. Should be an exciting game. Lamnium questionable. So that's the latest.
Speaker 5: Knees soreness already. I mean it's like he played back to back to back games this week.
Speaker 1: Or he doesn't want Kawhi to take it to him. Lebron very strategic regarding when he's gonna play and when he's not gonna be embarrassed by Victor Winnbanyama. So we will see what happens, but we'll have the action tonight on the air and even more exciting than many the first spring training Game of the Year will be here. The premiere sports product in the city of Los Angeles is the Los Angeles Dodgers, the jewel of Major League Baseball and the city. And we will have the first spring training game Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound in Tempe versus the Angels in the cat this League tomorrow, first pitches at twelve ten. What Dave comes on the air at noon?
Speaker 5: Dave's on at eleven thirty AM with Morongo Casino Dodgers on tech of interview with the minor league player, injury updates and get you ready for first pitch.
Speaker 1: So forty minutes of a pregame show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, yeah, I mean first pitches are usually twelve ten, twelve oh five, So.
Speaker 1: Cash me outside. Dave's got a lot of work to do, so that on Saturday and Sunday is very, very exciting, and Dave will join us in.
Speaker 2: The next hour thirty.
Speaker 1: Tim Kates has a soliloquy regarding the baseball world this hour, something that he's written called deer Baseball, much like the Kobe Bryant did. He win an Academy Award for that Deer Basketball and then he passed away sadly tragically, of course. So we will have the Tim Kates Deer Baseball us what we say here manners, Yes, bait deer Baseball in the very next segment, Vassa the segment after that, and overall great sports talk, Great sports Talk, frog Man Friday first, or should we introduce Tim Kats?
Speaker 2: I think people know who I am now I like to play the song.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 1: His junior year in high school, he did have a ricalcitrent era with an earring and smoking cigarettes and being a punk.
Speaker 2: I'm not your.
Speaker 1: Shaking down homeless people out front of Prince Donuts.
Speaker 2: We didn't have homeless people don'nut friend nineties.
Speaker 1: He was like one of those vampires and the lost boys. Just like the host of Aroango Casino Dodgers on college basketball and football encompassed me. You have the Raiders, our executive producer and co host all Week, Tim Kates has produced a lot of shows, producer a lot of shows.
Speaker 5: I'll c I F Baseball in ninety six, that's all so Mundays everybody was.
Speaker 1: Tim k At Tim Kates on Twitter. A big thank you to Tim and Ronnie all Week pulling the extra wait of course, during I mean I don't know how different it really was for you guys. But during the tour, what tour.
Speaker 5: The world tour, the world tours on our nation's capital. Tonight, Big show.
Speaker 1: Big show, Big show. Where is it?
Speaker 2: Don't know?
Speaker 1: Okay, big show, Thanks a lot for your health. Okay, it is a frog Man Friday, prog Man the heart plug Man, Jesus, the heart of a man is very much like to see. It has its storms, and has its tides and its depths, and it has its pearls too. On a Frogman Friday. The benches Somebody show enjoys celebrating the greatness of the sea and those of the protectors from it, Lifeguards, Coastguards, harbor patrol, let it avy. We also celebrate men of the sea, especially the great Mike Nelson played by the one and only Lloyd Bridges and perhaps the greatest television show ever produced, Underwater Mercenary and Adventurer shot in Rancho Palas BURNY's Seahawks.
Speaker 6: This time I couldn't take Pete topside, not to a job was done. Instead, I gave him some of my hair and prayed that it would stole off the effects of oxygen poisoning. For a few minutes least. I don't know if Pete managed to keep going, but he did get every excuse in the world to quit and save his life, and he stayed.
Speaker 3: On a job.
Speaker 1: A lot of men, todd lights, everybody thirteen to five. What are you nuts? We still gotta take that, lorda man. You know what that's like these days.
Speaker 7: You got the Navy everywhere, you got frogmen, you got the e C two's with the satellite tracking, you got the bell two nine of salt choppers up the ass.
Speaker 1: We're losing one out of every nine loads. That's no duck walk anymore. Let me tell you, forget about money. What do you suggest that's reasonable? Dina rule, Dodgers are.
Speaker 3: Back your fire hard. That's a class.
Speaker 5: You know, Petrov's having a really good authority that there is a lot of people on the ten East right now making their way through the valley, on their way through blythe court side on the ten Freeway heading to Buckeye and then into the Valley of the Sun for spring training baseball.
Speaker 1: We are not among them no anymore now, And that's okay. I'm okay with that. But we will have a report from there. Are you gonna go out there. Yeah. Are you're gonna go out there a little bit, aren't you? Tim? I'll be uprout.
Speaker 5: I'll be out there for a couple of days next week, and then i'd be out there again at the end of the month. O, Mary.
Speaker 1: You're gonna use your nose to sniff around? Are you gonna shadow Vassay like Hartman?
Speaker 5: No, I'm not gonna shadow vass Come on, come, I'm gonna try to get to one or two games while we're out there. But yeah, it's fun. I know there's a lot of people heading out right now. There was a big accident on the tent east, so they're slowing things down a little bit. But that train of Dodger fans is on its way to Camelback Ranch for the opening weekend at the ranch there in Arizona, and.
Speaker 1: It is a different vibe. It's a different way to watch baseball. It's a different way to take in the Dodgers. If you're a big Dodger fan and you've never done anything like that, we would recommend it because it is pretty cool. And I guess that's pretty cool. It's pretty cool.
Speaker 5: You have to get there early. I mean, don't just go there for the game. If you've never experienced it, check it out. Get there a couple hours before first pitch, because the minor league and the guys who aren't even playing that day, and some of them who actually are playing that day, we're out there doing drills in the backfields and you can get pretty up close and personal and see these guys working out and going through drills, and you know who knows, they'll sign autographs for you. It's a really really cool, up close experience at spring training.
Speaker 1: Well, we do have this a follow up to a story that we've been following. We talked about it with Don McClain. There's an Instagram post about it on well that very site Instagram about the mc cronin situation about kicking his own player out though he did foul out, and about what he said to the Michigan State guy. We said, maybe not the greatest look, but if you know anything about mc cronin, this isn't very different than anything you've seen in the past. We have also discussed his gigantic buyout and so on and so forth. You could check yesterday's podcast that. But we did say there was going to be media availability today. I don't know how many cameras were there? Tim? Did you monitor that?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Go to Westwood did you like you used to with your little padd and pen and your and your Fedora with a press tag in it.
Speaker 2: And my DAT recorder.
Speaker 5: No, I was not out there, but I do know there was more cameras than usual for a weekly Mick Cronin powwow with the media before a game. But I don't think it was as crowded as I thought it was gonna be when it's all sent in.
Speaker 1: So here is Mick Cronin on that fateful night at East Lansing.
Speaker 8: First of all, I want you guys to know something I already apologized to Steve Okay. I thought that he took the guy out like the kid at Providence took the guy from Saint John's out.
Speaker 1: That's the only reason.
Speaker 8: I sent him to the locker room. I thought he literally made a dirty play and tried to wipe the guy out. Now I don't have the film. Once I saw the film, I mean he still got an F one.
Speaker 1: I mean Don mcclan did say, Don Claim did say if you're if you're playing soft all game, and that's probably what this guy was doing. And you're down twenty plus and now you're trying to act hard. That's what pissed Mick cronin off, and I still believe that to be true. But Mick thought that the foul from his perspective, was worse than it really was. That's what I'm picking up right now, not that Nick needs me to interpret, you know, I'm just gonna back.
Speaker 8: Up to be honest with you. I don't even know if he deserved that when I watched it. You know, coaches thought the same thing when I communicated with him, But I thought he tried to wipe the guy out, which to me, you know, that's a bad play, Like you can't be down twenty five, you're getting your butt kicked. Don't try to take somebody out, hurt somebody on the other team, which is what I thought. Now I'm short, I was blocked him on the other end. Obviously their reaction. I thought he tried to crush this kid. I think it was cool. So anyway, I apologize to Steve. You know, you know, I'm trying to protect it, like I take it really serious. Like our guys don't get texts, our guys. We're not taking guys out in the air. You know, the brand is important to me, so but you know I was wrong. I apologize to like that being said. The brand's important to me, so I need to dial back some of my humor bends. So I apologize. You know, sometimes I'm too candid, like for example, talking about how bad our flight was after the NCAA tournament.
Speaker 2: I like his candidness, though, Petrols don't you.
Speaker 1: Well, we need it. If we don't have mc cronin being candid, then we don't have mc cronin speaks as a segment on the Petros and Money Show, And that's a great deal of content. And I mean every word of what I said yesterday. If this was a three hour show, I might be willing to part with mc cronin. Not that it has anything to do with me. I'm know Casey Wasserman in a lot of ways. Yeah, if I had a mustache, I'd be twisting with my fingers right now. Yeah, not that I have any say I don't, but I'm not willing to part with Mick cronin while we have a four hour radio show on some days of the week. Now, if it's a three hour show, then we can discuss it. Because with that, we just don't need to cover UCLA basketball because they're not on the station anymore. And yes, I'm Matt Petty. I don't care about anything.
Speaker 2: Let's here for I'm lucky to coach here.
Speaker 8: And like my advice, I've said this to guys like, you know you can get older.
Speaker 1: You stop. It was that like the Don Martino used to say to Matt moment, like okay, you got a reel them big an. You know it gets a little. You just got a real biting Okay, you know what. I recognize that, don't reason.
Speaker 8: I'm lucky to coach here, and like my advice, I've said this to guys like, you know you can get older, loose all your hair, and I have to have facial air now because I don't want to look like mister clean. But you have to.
Speaker 1: You have to realize that little forest humor. Hey, guys, I'm still that guy you like.
Speaker 5: I mean, short reference, bald references.
Speaker 2: He's still trying.
Speaker 8: You have to realize, and I have to do a better job of this that in this climate, you've got to be careful with what you say.
Speaker 2: Because I'm not here.
Speaker 8: I'm a good fit here because I know I'm not bigger than the brand, and the brand matters here, the school matters. The last thing I want to do is bring negative publicity to our school, and sometimes because I don't. It's not about me. I don't care what people think about me. I need to do a better job knowing well, I am the coach here and I need to make sure I don't do anything to embarrass our school. So for that, I apologize, because that I don't want apologize to our people, school, students, you know, everybody in our community, because it's important you at these jobs. You gotta raise money, you got to be friends with donors. I mean, I believe in all that stuff. So as I tell you, like you know, I'm trying to protect our brand. I don't want our guys taking some guy out ways in the air down twenty five. That's bush league, not what happened. But the same goes for me. I got to make sure that I represent us in the right way. So that being said, we got a problem. Illinois is really good.
Speaker 1: So there's the self self deprecation card. He spoke for all. You're gonna play that card right down.
Speaker 5: He spoke for about twenty minutes to the media did not throw that card out there at He did not address the postgame interaction with him.
Speaker 1: Not directly, but he was, you know, he was. He was sort of referring, I'd probably do his behavior throughout the night a little self deprecation card. There's nothing wrong with that. You know who's calling that Illinois game on Fox tomorrow, Tim Brando. I was just SI learned that toe tapping Timmy Bee and our friend Jim Jackson are calling that game at Polly tomorrow. And of course tim unique ability to make it about himself has already instagram posted out perhaps we can bring a smile to coach Cronin's face tomorrow, No way and Polly Pavilion Live on fire.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh, Timmy Brando.
Speaker 5: Making Jimmy b I thought it was well said by Mick though, you know, to say he's not bigger than the brand and to understand that a lot of these coaches have egos, petros, you know that, and for him to realize he is never ever going to be bigger than UCLA basketball. Uh, It's it says a lot about Mick to understand where he fits in and to apologize. Takes a big guy to sit there and apologize to the fan base, the players and everybody for your actions.
Speaker 1: You did and if he didn't, I don't think anything was gonna happen to him. But the aftermath of what happened, he looked at it and looked at the thing and probably did that without provocation. I could be wrong, but I just can't imagine Martin Jarmond calling up Mick Cronin and saying, hey, you need to apologize, no right, And I can't imagine Casey Wasserman.
Speaker 5: Mikes a grown ass man. He doesn't need anybody to tell him to apologize. He understands the moment and he was good at doing that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So that legacy has closed its door all while the tour has been on. What tour the world.
Speaker 2: Boom, the World Tour swep back.
Speaker 5: Now, what happens I UCLA tomorrow going up against those you know, big blockheaded Europeans on Illinois, a top ten team in the country by the way, on the Baux.
Speaker 1: The balk and five.
Speaker 5: What happens if they go out and they knock off Illinois.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what Don McClean said yesterday, Like what happens with the were people gonna say that? And I was just like, well, I don't know, but probably nothing. I mean, this story's gonna blow over once there's NBA games. It was always I mean, you could listen to any any Josh Lewin interview after they lose and Mick tearing that guy apart. And he's not some dork podcaster in East Lansing, Michigan. He's a play by an accomplished play by play guy who travels with and for U. C.
Speaker 4: L A.
Speaker 1: And Mick carves that guy up like a freaking Halloween pumpkin.
Speaker 5: You think Josh is at the airport right now, double Scotch cigarette in mouth, like, been there, done that before that one.
Speaker 1: You know, it's like being in you know when the guy next to you gets shot at Vietnam and you're like, oh my god, I can't believe it wasn't me.
Speaker 2: Just like that.
Speaker 1: What I could have made it a Civil War reference, Yeah, but the I went with Vietnam.
Speaker 5: I think UCLA rallies tomorrow. I think the fans show up and there's gonna be a blue out. I think Pauli's gonna be rocking, and I think they're gonna rally.
Speaker 1: Illinois is gonna bounce back from beating USC by forty to lose to UCLA, who's just locks back to back game by twenty plus.
Speaker 2: Somehow, some way they get it done.
Speaker 5: Petros Someway, I got believe in Mick. These guys are gonna rally around that.
Speaker 1: Obviously. I'd like to see that. You know, when Mick loses, all the all the freaking worms come out of the ground like the rain, like vassa. Let's be a boy, Mick. Let's going on. You know, I gotta deal with all that now.
Speaker 5: If they do lose tomorrow, and they could happen very well, they lose by twenty some again, that post game is gonna be him just grinning and kind of biting his teeth and like, yeah, you know what, guys just fought really hard.
Speaker 1: But that's why I had the henificial hair, because I look like mister clear to shut.
Speaker 2: I couldn't see what was happening.
Speaker 1: On guys, I can't believe it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good job, though.
Speaker 5: I plot him for stepping up today and taking ownership from it again.
Speaker 1: He would have to break into a white, fat, white girl's apartment and take a knife to his own throat and threaten everybody. For me to say that's it. I'm out on me grown it.
Speaker 5: I tried that analogy last night until that moment I got the what are you talking about? And I had to explain Sharon More in Michigan and the head football coach.
Speaker 1: But the family didn't get it.
Speaker 2: They didn't understand the analogy that.
Speaker 1: No white were worried about what's going down in bah Rain. That's right, all right, We'll be right back with the Tim Kates monologue, Shakespearean moment, a plea to the powers that be in baseball. It's a frog Man Friday on the Petrosen Money Show, and we hope you're hanging in there. We'll be on until six. This is Petro Send money to Mann, Petroson Money. Happy to be with you, Happy frog Man Friday. We hope that you have Frogman a great weekend, a great weekend and a prosperous one. And stay safe out in the world. Dodgers will be on the radio for Refuge on AM five seventy, first pitch of twelve ten first spring training game Dodgers Angels David Vase live at Camelback Ranch in our next hour. Get the Petroson Money Show on demand with the Petrison Money podcast and listen to today's show, listen to past shows and interviews. They're all available free on the iHeart Radio app iHeartRadio App. I'm looking at them on my computer screen right now. Maybe you should hit refresh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, don't accuse me of there would be no podcast on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Via PMS. They are there, buddy.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, this has been promoted for some days now because Tim Kates has been here all week putting in a lot of work and making sure the show doesn't miss a beat and properly posting that podcast that some people can't seem to refresh and find one person. So this is called what like your Kobe Bryant poem had of a buddy baseball here, I would drag one. No, no, no, no, not that kind of baseball. Petros was spring training underway.
Speaker 3: What is this called?
Speaker 1: Dear be baseball? This is your this is my literally, your plea to baseball for the twenty twenty sixth season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, plea to the big all right?
Speaker 1: I mean I don't want to sit here and screw it up, okay, all right? And and and get you into a defensive Ronnie Fossio type of move.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that as a run.
Speaker 5: Here on the eve of tomorrow's first spring training game between the Dodgers and the Angels in Tempe, Arizona, the national narrative is just all around the impending doom and gloom of next offseason and a labor stoppage. I have a plea, a plea to the owners and baseballs of Major League Baseball, do not do it. Major League Baseball is finally back. It's finally taken back the regions of popularity what it controlled for decades. The sport of baseball has so much momentum right now, why would you kill it? Seventy one million fans for three consecutive seasons have gone through the turnstiles, something we haven't seen in three decades. It's a revival of the game of baseball. League revenues have now surpassed twelve billion billion dollars annually. Franchise values continue to climb, even the Sacramento as media rights have gone through the roof. Now with NBC having Sunday Night Baseball in the game of the week. Baseball is not a shrinking enterprise. It's growing at growth that is fragile. Television ratings are climbing. Radio ratings are up. Streaming viewership has reached record highs. Nearly twenty billion minutes were watched last season. TikTok Instagram YouTube. Younger fans are coming to the game of baseball, the very demographic baseball once accused of losing. You've got them like a fish on a hook. You've got them billions of views, billions. Baseball is no longer fighting for relevance. They have it, and the momentum that you have built up is so important to keep owners. You don't have franchises just based on valuations in the hundreds of millions. We're in the billions now. You see media companies reinvest because they believe.
Speaker 1: In the product.
Speaker 5: A shutdown will tear down everything that the owners and players together have built up. You're earning in a system generating record revenues right now. Salaries, bonuses, marketing opportunities, endorsement power, all of it grows when the sport grows, and the sport is growing. You stop that and the spicket turns off. As far as money, the ninety four strike not just canceled the World Series and the season, it fractured a generation of fans that people like me, Petros, This generation and our kids are trying to build back up. You can't afford to fracture this again.
Speaker 1: Let's be honest.
Speaker 5: Well, Fletchle likes baseball cards. Fans don't want to hear about billionaires and millionaires fighting over our money and how they spend it or they invest it. They just want a product to watch. Every labor dispute centers on fair compensation, competitive balance, service time, luxury tax threshold, blah blah blah blah blah, revenues sharing great. These are all solvable problems. They require transparency though between both sides. They require financial clarity, good faith negotiations. There are solutions of competitive balance, tax with escalators and floor protections. Fans don't want to hear about this stuff. Though seventy one million people have filled your bullparks and your wallets the last three years. There's no line on a spreadsheet that could just be erased. There's a reason the fans buy the tickets, They watch and listen to your broadcast, and they love baseball. Again, Entertain them, don't turn them away. It's not just about money. Your stewards to the game of baseball. If you protect the game revenues will continue to climb, Franchise values will continue to skyrocket, Salaries for you players will continue to grow, and ticket prices for us will continue to go up.
Speaker 2: But we'll deal with it.
Speaker 5: If you halt this and you stop it and we have no baseball in twenty twenty seven, you're gonna lose a generation again and you may not get them back. Your partners in the same investment, act like it. It's our money that you're getting and pocketing. Divvy it up, figure it out, protect the game, keep the momentum going, and keep the games on the field after twenty twenty six. Do not let a labor stoppage to find this era that should instead be remembered for baseball's renaissance in the twenty twenties.
Speaker 2: Thank you, wow.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's a very impactful speech.
Speaker 5: Was that to the owners, To both the owners and the players, petros, because they're equally in this together. Try to figure it out.
Speaker 1: And all of the those things are accurate. Baseball has surged past the NBA locally and nationally and in a lot of places, we should say, and especially locally here in Los Angeles. I believe the Dodgers have surged past the Lakers, even though now the primary owner of the Dodgers, the guy that controls the Guggenheim Group, Mark Walter, owns the Lakers, so who knows what the future holds there. But baseball has their moment back, yep. And it took a long time. But I remember after the strike was what seasons ninety four? Yeah, and then ninety eight was Mark McGuire and Sosa steroids yep, bringing baseball back, and then we had the Barry Bonds era and so on and so forth. But the NBA, certainly in this town, surpassed baseball at that point, and the Dodgers weren't as relevant, There's no doubt about that. And they I don't know how much momentum they lose though. If they lose like twenty games or something like we had in the past, right.
Speaker 5: That's not the end of the world. Something long will hurt the game. Something that's short and can be remedying. I think we can get over it. But let's keep in mind New York, LA, Chicago, the big markets are thriving, and I get at Pittsburgh, the smaller markets Minneapolis where they don't have the TV money and revenue from all the advertising.
Speaker 2: It's different.
Speaker 5: I get it, you're at a different level, but you do get an influx of money based on the luxury tax. You do get money in your pocket and a check written to you every single year from the other owners to elevate your product.
Speaker 2: Start doing it, figure it out.
Speaker 5: The fans don't need to be the ones to try to figure those Let's have grown people in the room, the owners and the players Association figure this out for the betterment of the game.
Speaker 1: Well, I certainly hope they're able to do.
Speaker 5: That, acause I'm not going through a season, Petros with this looming. I mean, one hundred and sixty two games over the next six and a half months and then a postseason, and every day we're gonna have to hear about this. It's gonna get nauseating, and you're gonna tick off the fans. You're gonna piss them off every day hearing about doom and gloom on what lies ahead.
Speaker 1: It is already kind of nauseating, isn't it.
Speaker 2: It's not even March.
Speaker 1: We haven't even started the spring training games yet, right, and it's already a big topic. And maybe it's because the games haven't started.
Speaker 5: Well, it's because everybody's pointing the finger at LA. Everybody wants to point the finger the Dodgers, saying you are the ones that are causing this. You are gonna be the evil ones that cause the demise of baseball. No, no, no, no, they're the ones keeping it afloat, folks.
Speaker 1: They are the most popular team in baseball. But it is interesting. I don't understand things very well, and you're right about one thing, which is I don't want to hear about escalators and revenue sharing with the players and salary caps. I don't want I don't want to have to discuss those things. I don't want to have to bring on guests to do ten minutes on financial talk. We have enough of that in our own lives. Trying to keep ourselves afloat. It's not what the fans want, it's not what anyone wants. It's not what we want to cover. I want vass A trying to do pushups while Max Munsey stands there with his gut hanging out. That's the story that I want to cover. Of course, we all want to see athletes perform and everybody do what they're supposed to do. And you're right, Tim, From the perspective of a guy like you, baseball is your passion. You work in baseball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a livelihood. I don't want to see them on striker all.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, you don't want to see that, and you don't want to talk about it either. It is kind of funny. We had the whole college football season and I am so stupid that I can't relate to anything other than through the lens of college football, which is why I'm bringing this up now. But we had the whole college football season go by, and we never really got into talking about the players and the games because James Franklin got fired so early. The conversation was about coaches leaving and coaches getting bought out, and who's going to get the Penn State job and all these huge jobs that kept opening up week in and week out with major firings really early in the season, including UCLA. As college football went on, and we never really got to celebrate. The whole reason we're here is because of the competition on the field. And it happened, and it was a great year for Indiana, and Indiana was a great story and it ended up being a feel good story in Ferdie Mendoza, much like the Dodgers are keeping everything afloat. You know, Indiana kind of did that, So we'll see if we have that kind of year in Los Angeles. But you're right, it is a terrible distraction for a time where baseball should be celebrating themselves for finally digging themselves out of a hole and getting back to second place in America.
Speaker 5: The only economics that people want to talk about in baseball, if you're going to a stadium, or cost of parking, cost of a ticket, in the cost of food, that's all they care about. They don't want to know how much you're making, how much you're putting in your pocket. Owners and Players Association, they don't care.
Speaker 1: It did take us a while to find out how much that Tomahawk steak costs at Dodger Stadium during the playoffs, the one that was in the outfield. It was worth every penny though it was like three hundred and sixty. It did take us a while though, to figure that out. That was not it. That was a real detective work at a place where we sort of work. So there is the deer Baseball by Tim Kaite seize the moment, baseball. Don't show your ass when you should be showing your bicep Clippers Lakers tonight and we will start those games in earnest tomorrow on A seventy Dodgers versus A's First Bitch of twelve. Ten more great sports doc coming up.
Speaker 4: Back Southern California's most listened to sports talk show. This is Petro Money on demand.
Speaker 1: See what's become of me? It's cracking everybody. Welcome back. It's Petro sent Money on M five, seventy LA Sports Clippers Lakers at six, Dodgers Angels. Tim Kates is deer baseball soliloquy shocking.
Speaker 5: I went on Twitter and not a lot of negative reaction. In fact, no negative reaction to that.
Speaker 1: Well, lucky for you, Tim, there's the secret TEXTU. So if you're looking for some negative reaction.
Speaker 2: Brought to you by your So Cal Toyota dealers, we make it easy.
Speaker 1: Really expected Kates to wrap that up with San Dimas High School Football rules and San Dimas High School Football does rule. The poem Dear Baseball by Tim Kates, sponsored by Soccer Geezer game Real Madrid versus Barcelona.
Speaker 5: We are House of Heroes dot Com to get tickets for the game Sunday two o'clock.
Speaker 1: Pe make it stop. Kate's just getting more and more excited as the week goes on, and it was all capped off with his baseball soliloquy today you got him. I was gonna go to Don Kucko's in Burbank tonight, but I'm afraid I'll hear Kate say, Hey, Carlos, anyone that hurt my baseball speech today? Oh?
Speaker 2: Buy him a margarita attector.
Speaker 5: By the way, And I don't know who's bartending, not if it's Ernie or Thomas, but tell mysello, are you gonna be out there and be like, hey, anybody here for speech? I may just sit at the bar and look around and just start talking to somebody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, close your eyes, you might recognize me. Is Tim reading straight off chat GPT? That was Ai Kate's He's fooling no one? Did you Ai that? I'm not there? No? Was I just talking to a bot that whole last segment?
Speaker 2: Yes, you were Petrose and hate that.
Speaker 1: Hey, Pee, what's the point of this Tim Kate's soliloquy? The owners aren't listening to this, lol? Yes they are.
Speaker 2: I like to think they are.
Speaker 1: You don't know, dude, our show is widely listened to by many very rich and powerful people.
Speaker 5: I like to think Derek Hall, the president and of the Arizona Diambacks's podcasting, They're like, you know what, Kats is right, Let's just put all this stuff behind us. Let's just come together.
Speaker 1: We are the stewards of this sport. What were we thinking? How could we let this unrest consume us?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: I could totally see that Timothy's pledge was a nuanced take. It was not a simpleton's take. And kudos to Kate's that was one million percent true. I wish those fat cat owners could hear that, and the players the player, but that's not what the tech said.
Speaker 2: Oh anything, he goes on both sides.
Speaker 1: First time, I've agreed with Kate's on much of anything. But I'm guessing the owners haven't had anything to do with the growth of MLB. They're idiots. Half of MLB's growth is the incompetence of the NBA. Bing That's that Now, that is a good That is a hot text.
Speaker 2: Also love it.
Speaker 1: Stop the show immediately and present the twenty twenty six Golden Michael Ward to Tim Kate's, Oh that one, I appreciate that in the winter is no, No, it's just a text. My dad gave it to me yesterday anyway at the billionaires meetings. What I'm just saying, my dad texts me every day like this is great? Who thinks dad? At the billionaires meetings. NFL owners laugh at the MLB owners because they haven't crushed the union like they have. That is the truth.
Speaker 2: That is no guaranteed contracts for you guys.
Speaker 1: They have crushed crushed the NFL union because football players. Even though baseball players are galactically stupid, football players are even dumber when you dangle half pads and helmets and no pads practices. They'll play for free if they don't have to practice in full pads. Hey p Tel Kate's and I totally agree on these annoying people taking up curling like it's the first time it's in the Olympics.
Speaker 2: Lame right, But.
Speaker 1: Also let them know I found a new great food spot just opened, Chronic Taco Sir. I think there's still a Chronic Tacos in Glenn.
Speaker 5: The one in Bourbane closed down, couldn't survive couldn't survive the cuckos one hundred yards away.
Speaker 1: Tim Kats, Dear Baseball, more like dear God, Dear God. I hope you got the letter bus No no, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: I don't know what we ever got into it.
Speaker 1: But okay, Oh, Isabelle since five clapping emojis?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is the wow man freaked out? Tell Tim? I agree with him?
Speaker 2: Well you did also tell me? Is he with the text? I agree with you, Tim? So you did tell me?
Speaker 1: Oh? Okay? Is Tim going to the Unwritten Law show tonight in Anaheim? Didn't you know that Unwritten Law was playing?
Speaker 2: I did not know they were playing tonight. I'm not going. No, it's too farm a drive.
Speaker 1: But don't you want to go strut like John Travolta at the end of staying alive after your baseball ball.
Speaker 5: I'm too old for that to go out to a show and drive to Anaheim and get back at eleven o'clock midnight and away.
Speaker 1: All right, Well there's your reaction to Tim Kits Dear Baseball.
Speaker 5: It went better than I thought. I thought it would just be all hatred from the textos. And I'm sure you have filtered at Petros and I appreciate that well.
Speaker 1: I would say that it was. There was a reaction, and some people really loved it and some people did not.
Speaker 2: Hey, you know what got people thinking, that's all that matters, right.
Speaker 1: And this one says we all should give Tim credit for overcoming his fear of eating fish.
Speaker 2: This is true.
Speaker 5: I'm not a big fish guy, though in my old age, I'm starting to get into fish tacos.
Speaker 1: So there's the chronic tacos over here, near to the Total Wine on Hawthorne Boulevard and Torrance.
Speaker 2: When you say over here, I don't know where you're pointing.
Speaker 1: I'd beat at the South Bank, okay, where I live.
Speaker 5: You said over here, and I'm looking out the window, like where over here?
Speaker 1: That's the latest on Dim Kates's Dear Baseball, And do you know what Dave's going to be on in the next hour, And we'll ask him what he thinks. Maybe we'll play him some clips.
Speaker 2: This could go either way with Dave, depending on how he's feeling.
Speaker 1: We'll see. I mean, he's probably hadn't been out there that long. He's probably not that bad of a mode. We'll do your word number song of the day coming up there