Speaker 1: It is, but it's Friday. As far as we're concerned, more or less, that's a reason we're heeping. We're heaping Thursday and Friday together and come up with this free Thanksgiving extravaganza.
Speaker 2: Yes, and look it's it's Wednesday before Thanksgiving, which is known as universally known as the biggest party slash bar day of the year. So we wanted to get this guy on air before the jello shots start flowing. Boy, and he joined us right now. Richard Skinner, Skinny, how are you.
Speaker 3: I'm good, I'm sober at the moment.
Speaker 1: We'll take it. We'll take it. What is your shot of choice these days? Skinny? You're gonna go with jello? Are you still on the Jaeger bend or bend or or what are you doing?
Speaker 3: I mean, this is a good old bourbon night right here coming.
Speaker 4: There's no question.
Speaker 1: Kick those heels up and hide on brother.
Speaker 2: Well before we get to the Bengal Skinny, I know you cover high school football and I got a couple of teams, three teams actually from the local area here in the state semifinals.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: I just wondered if you had any thoughts on on Saint X v Middletown at all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, Town's a great story. I mean they are. They are really good defensively. I know st X is a little bit worried about that defense, but I think st X has had a little bit tougher path to get through. They prove themselves of these wins over Molar and Elder, and to me, I just think I think they win this game to get to the state championship. Now on the other side, I don't think they they win the state title, but I do think they get there. But Middletown has been a great story all year. They come out of the Greater Miami.
Speaker 5: Conference where Princeton plays, Lakota West plays Lakota East plays, so that's a very good conference too. But yeah, it's just it's pretty cool. We got two local teams match up in state semi means we have one team in the state final.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, And from what I hear or what I've seen, Middletown has a defensive end that's pretty good being looked at by Kentucky and among other schools.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who who would uh? Who is favored for X if X does advance? Whichever team advances? Who were who's favored on the other side that they be.
Speaker 2: Well, it's Saint Edward's and Olan Tangy Orange, right, Skenny, Yes, the usual suspect.
Speaker 3: O Tangy Orange is. Yeah, Old Tangy Orange is really good. I think the run defeated if I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 1: I mean they're not staying there.
Speaker 5: And Sat Edwards's hisstory speaks for itself. I mean it feels like they're in the state semis or state finals almost every year.
Speaker 2: Where did Olin Tangy come from when I was a kid. I don't remember hav them ever actually until the last couple of years. But from my understanding is Olin Tangy's kind of like like Lakota. It's just a huge area and they got like three different schools.
Speaker 1: Uh, and then's just a hotbed.
Speaker 5: They've got They've got Yeah, they got Old Tangy Liberty, Own Tangy Orange. There might be an Old Tangi Berlanti, who might be four schools and there's obviously this one. This one's Orange. Actually the place I coach high school basketball beach would we played Old Tangy Liberty in an event down in Orlando last year. They actually had a big man go who's at Northwestern right now, So they they're not just couldn't all, they couldn't everything nice?
Speaker 2: Uh And how about the other game Anderson has taken on big won't at Anderson really loaded offense and put up a lot of points and don't punt?
Speaker 1: What do you think of that one?
Speaker 3: That's that's my favorite ever.
Speaker 5: Dryer just does not punt. And it's not because he has a really good team that scores a lot of points. That's always been his style. I shouldn't say never, you know, backed up inside his own ten on fourth and twenty three might consider it, but he just he's lived by that.
Speaker 1: Matt several times crazy.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's.
Speaker 5: Incredible to be again somebody they ever fifty points a game, So you're not punting very much anyway. But he just doesn't like the punt. And it's worked out pretty well for them, you know, over the course of time. And this is a good team on both sides of the ball. I mean last week they scored I think was thirty five points in in one quarter, didn't score in any other quarters.
Speaker 3: But that tells you how explosive they can be.
Speaker 5: And while we always talk about their offense, their defense is out standing as well. I mean, this is a this is a great team that if it wins the state championship shouldn't be it wouldn't be a surprise.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. All right, Well, let's switch gears and talk about that game tomorrow night. A return of Joey b the franchise is back. What do you guys see happening here? I'm just I'm curious. I think we all are.
Speaker 5: I'm curious too, Yeah, no, I'm curious to In fact that just about five about fifteen minutes ago, the Bengals actually officially activated Joe Burrow off injured reserves. So if there's any lingering question if he was gonna come off and play, that's that's now gone by the wayside. So he's active and he'll be playing. I'm really interested. You know, he came back from that calf injury early back in the start of twenty twenty three, and he wasn't right and it took him a while to get right. We we haven't really seen him come back from an injury in season before. You know, he's had some season ending ones like the knee, like the wrist, where he's had a whole off season that we have him get himself right and then come back the next year. You know, I asked him yesterday and in the press challenge of you know, do you have to change your style of play? Do you have to not try to extend plays and scramble so much? And you know, he kind of said, no, I'm gonna feel it out, but I got to play the way I gotta play.
Speaker 3: And I understand that. But I'm I'm I'm back to the point. I'm for interest to see what this looks like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and especially interesting with with no T Higgins and but Jamar Chase is back. Yeah, I mean you have to imagine that's gonna be a lot of burrow to Chase because I mean one thing with Ravens and Bengals that that connection has been early and often.
Speaker 3: Yeah, those guys have been. I mean they had a couple of huge games.
Speaker 5: They had a big game back in Jamar's rookie season, I believe, or maybe in twenty twenty two. I think it was twenty twenty two, they had a big connect two hundred yards in a win over Baltimore. In Baltimore. Last year, they had that big connection that thirty five thirty four loss. So yeah, they've had some big games. But you got to think that that in this game, as much as Baltimore likes to play man, that they're gonna look and say, no, we can't let you Mark Chase beat us. As much as we like to play the way we want to play, we're gonna we're gonna have to cloud him, and we're gonna have to put a bunch of bodies around him and make Andre Yoshovash win one on ones, make Mike Gasicki win one on ones, make Mitchell Tinsley win one on ones. We'll take our chances there, and.
Speaker 6: I'm with you.
Speaker 5: I think they'll try to be great as creative as possible to target Jamar as much as possible. I just think for some reason, Baltimore will do all it can to take him out of the mix.
Speaker 2: And then, of course in college skinny rivalry weekend and none bigger than Buckeyes v. Wolverines, And I remember the game last year and I felt like Ohio State was much more talented on the perimeter. But I think Ryan Day got caught up in the I don't want to just beat him, I want to like physically beat them. So he went and you know, played the game in a phone booth again some which was the wrong idea. I don't see him making that same mistake here, But how do you see this one?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I do think Will Howard played that second half either cancust or close to cancuss, And I think that's one of the other reasons. They kind of went into a show and kind of played a field goal game and it backfired on him. You know, three or four weeks ago, I wasn't overly thrilled with this game. It's like, Okay, yeah, Michigan's not having like all of a sudden. You look up Michigan's nine to two, and.
Speaker 3: There is a scenario. I don't think it happens because Purdue would have to beat Indiana. There is a scenario if Michigan beats Ohiot eight, the two could meet in the Big Ten championship game as well. I think what makes this more interesting is Michigan has gotten better as the season's gone along. Ohio State has been great. From jump Street, they will get it. Sounds like Jeremiah Smith back this week the wide receiver, which is good, but you know, when they've beaten you the last few years. To your point, Rockey.
Speaker 5: It felt like Ryan Day coached extremely, extremely conservatively and not not normal in last year's game. And that happens sometimes, right, like you overthink it, And maybe the lesson learned is don't overthink it. Let's just keep doing what we're doing. Let's art Julians than do what he's doing. We run the ball five.
Speaker 3: Our defense has been great all year. We're gonna rely on them.
Speaker 5: Too, because because they've been great from from day one and continue to be. But in a rivalry game and the other teams, you know, stadium, it's supposed to think be a little snowy. I know it's gonna be cold, Wacky stuff happens, and and I think this game has become what for an Ohio State fan I guess would be five or six weeks ago, Yo, Day, we're gonna get Michigan this year. Now it's we're gonna get Michigan this year? Right, And I get that. I mean, tree games do to you.
Speaker 1: Well, that's it's kind of setting up the way you guys were just talking about. I was just reading some press the other day where everybody at Ohio State, Ryan Day included, is talking about we're keyed up We're ready. We've prepared for this game all year, and now I don't hear anything from the Wolverine's camp coming out of there. I don't read a lot of Tory press obviously, but you don't hear that kind of check coming from there. But man, you hear these guys talking about how this is the one.
Speaker 3: And it is because I mean, listen, there's probably Ohio Steed fans who are still unhappy they lost to Michigan, even though they won a national championship last year.
Speaker 5: And there's also something to be said to finish as a national champion undefeated, unbeaten, and untied, which Ohio State has a chance to do. I mean, you put yourself in a pretty good category there of all time great teams. I think this team has that potential.
Speaker 3: I mean they have. They have not disappointed since the Oprah. I mean had that defense to me, one of the best I've ever seen in college football. But they need to do it again on the road at Naming. There's a world war. Somehow Michigan wins this game thirteen to ten, cause I don't think it'll be the o Higher State defense that lets them down. I still think Ohio State goes up there and wins this game.
Speaker 1: All right, well thats Skenny. We we'll let you go, buddy. What are your plans for tomorrow?
Speaker 5: I'm actually I was going to go to Baltimore about four weeks ago, but when the Bengals lost to the Bears, we decided not to go. So I'll actually be covering the game, doing a live thread for Local twelve dot com starting with from kickoff tomorrow, so I'll have some turkey before that and then cover the game for my couch.
Speaker 1: Very cool, nice work man, if you can get it, Skenny. Yep, you take care, have a great target day and we'll talk to you next week.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 3: Send you guys stick here.
Speaker 1: Thanks kay our good friend Richard Skinner Local twelve. And that's oh going is? I think Lap's doing that game tomorrow night. I know the commons Worth isn't he's not doing it, but I don't know if that's big of Thanksgiving or whatever. Just have a different team working for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, will be there'll be the weekend or it'll be the Yeah, I think he said there. He might make some time for some sort of Thanksgiving on Sunday. He's got just game after game got Bengals and you see and you know the ol Man.
Speaker 1: Well he does have a free weekend for a change. Yeah, that's true. With that, we check in with traffic and weather. What is going on us album chart with Hell Freezes Over?
Speaker 2: Which, of course this song is not on the Hell Freeze Over album, but it's a great Eagles song.
Speaker 1: Are you sure they didn't do this? I don't they didn't. I don't think they did. Maybe they did. This is one I mean, this is definitely one of my favorite Eagles.
Speaker 2: And of course the name hell Freeze Overs and reference to do Hanley in nineteen eighty saying we'll get back together when hell Freeze is over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when we run out of money, when somebody offers us one hundred million dollars to tour again. A hell just throws over people. Joe Walsh, I know, I said I hate you, but well I think everybody liked Joe Walsh, but I think that it was Henley and Fry absolutely was at the conflict. I couldn't bet in each other. Yeah, it's amazing can be in a group. Was like not just kind of dislike him, but like pure hatred.
Speaker 7: Of that.
Speaker 1: Famous story. You know, my late great friend Mojo Nixon had. One of his classic songs was Don Henley Must Die. One of the lyrics was Don Henley must die. Don't let him get back together with a Glenn Fry. He was performing down in Texas, I want to say Austin, where Henley lived, and he was in a he was playing a club there and the man who comes up goes, that's this funny guy claiming to be Don Henley just called and said he's coming in tonight. Uh. Mojo's like yeah right. Uh. He goes, well, he has been here before. Row rutt row. You showed up yep, Oh my god. An hour or two later, a very drunk John Henley with a couple of girlfriends. Nice show us up and demanded to sing background on Don Henley my style, what a good sil humorackly good for him, Good for him. I would do the same thing. I must sing back back up on that. Ojo wanted to almost took him in his pants, but he was like sure, yeah so that. Uh, I don't know, I guess men.
Speaker 2: His harsh feelings towards Don Henley, the fact that he gave the olive branch and came out.
Speaker 1: Like kind of well, Don Henley, you know, obviously didn't care. But you know, Joe kind of had the same vibe as the as the dude in Big Lebowski. Yeah, you know he hated the Eagles as well. Oh man, wouldn't that been cool to see though? Oh yeah, except if you're Mojo row Rock in the other news. Oh well, this is kind of Mojo related because he also had his Elvis is Everywhere a giant hit song. Judge Matthew Thornhill in suburban Saint Louis faces a six month unpaid suspension under a deal he reached for the State Board to avoid a disciplinary hearing. After his suspension, he will serve eighteen more months on the bench before he resigns from the Saint Charles County Circuit Court. Why do you, you might ask, is he doing this? Well, this some Missouri judge wore an Elvis wig in his courtroom and played the singer's music from his phone during court proceedings, and he has agreed to therefore cut his career short. He he said to the judge said he intended to at levity at times when he thought it would help relax litigants. He then added, I now recognize this could affect the integrity and the solemness of the proceedings, So he did this more than once. He would just throwing an Elvis wigt sit there and play hound Dog or something and think that people are gonna go, Ah, that Judge is cool. That's everybody chill, that's odd one there. I've not heard of that mean neither.
Speaker 2: If you could cover any song, right, if you just add here's your dream and wish come true, I'll give you a guitar and a stool and a microphone.
Speaker 1: What artist and what song would it be?
Speaker 3: Tough?
Speaker 1: Let me think about that. What about you? Yours has to be Pantera Domination by Panter.
Speaker 2: I could play that solo that dime Bag Daryl plays at the end of that.
Speaker 1: See but I can't sing. But if I could, you know, it would depend on if I could have that person's voice. I would always wanted to sing like Axel Rose. Oh yeah. If I tried to sing like Axel Rose, I sound like I'm dying. Pretty much everybody does.
Speaker 2: I always say, if I could choose to sing one song the way that that person did, I would say it would be Sayalo to Heaven by Chris Cornell and the band.
Speaker 1: Tumble of the Dog, Temple the Dog. There you Go. Cornell had one of the great rock and roll voices.
Speaker 2: Of all I think he's he's certainly the top ten male lead vocalists of all time for rock music and a great no doubt, no doubt, if not around the five.
Speaker 1: Vetter also has a great voice. He does. I remember watching a documentary on it.
Speaker 2: It's and it was I've told the story before, but I never I like Pearl Jab but never got into it. I was like, right, heyday in my wheelhouse. But I don't know, I just for whatever reason, but I watched a docum memory on it, and I suggest you do too. It's called pro Jam twenty. I watched it. Yeah, awesome, Right, that's great, great documentary.
Speaker 1: And I remember who I was. I forget it was.
Speaker 2: The guitarist are one of them, you know when they're they're trying out lead singers and stuff. And I just remember saying bluntly about Vetter. He's like, and the guy can actually sing, like which is you know, you know you would think, you know, that's what he's supposed to do.
Speaker 1: Resume what his.
Speaker 2: Point was, he had all the lead singer vibes and all that, but he could actually sing too, which I mean how much. This would be a great topic one day of bands that would have been better and could have hit the stratosphere if only they had a better lead vocalist. There's so many metal bands that I mean technically, I mean, I appreciate metal music, but most of the lead singers are just it's just growling, and it's like James Headfield, you know, Metallica nailed it. They found I own a guy that could play hard and play fast, but they've got a guy who could freaking sing, and guess what, they made a lot more money than you did.
Speaker 1: Coming up, we'll see if he can sing ror not. John Mattarese joins us as we move Friday to Wednesday. But now it's traffic and weather. What is going on? Thursday show, all bundled together here for our pre Thanksgiving extravaganza. That's the reason we're talking to this fellow right here around about this time, our good friend John Mattarese WCBO. Don't waste your money now, John, here it is a black Friday. I started saying, good Friday, Black Friday. Coming up here in a couple of days. You know, I was skipping right over Thanksgiving? But what are the good deals out there? I mean, are they're big TVs? We always talk about that stuff. Are those things that were still around?
Speaker 3: They are still around? You know, Black Friday is not what it was ten years ago, pre SOVID, the people lining up outside of best Buy, Toys, r Us, Walmart, Target, trampling over Grandma.
Speaker 1: You know, those days are long gone.
Speaker 3: And even like in the past year or two, it's not the one day event it used to be. Even during COVID, it was like, well, wait until eight pm Thanksgiving night, you know, finish up that turkey and pumpkin pie, and then you get online and the sales go lot. There's none of that anymore.
Speaker 1: I mean a lot of the.
Speaker 3: Sales went live this past weekend. Walmart started THEIRS yesterday, so most of the sales are on right now. So if you want to shop, shop now, you don't have to wait until, you know, midnight on Thanksgiving night to do the shopping. There are a lot of deals. You look around best Buy, Target, Walmart, Amazon, all the stores, Colds, Macy's, and you're gonna find a lot of good items, a lot of markdowns on kitchen appliances, small appliances, dice and vacuum cleaners, all sorts of things like that, toys, Barbie dolls. If you want the big TV, yes, big TVs and in fact, the eighty five in TV. I've talked to you about about this a couple of times. You know, the eighty five inch TV is on the hot size. I mean it was sixty.
Speaker 4: Five a couple of years ago.
Speaker 3: The eighty five that's one you're going to want to go to the stores on Friday and Saturday, because you know what, they don't like shipping TV's that big. It costs the money. So that might be one you go to the stores to get the big TVs if you want that. It's still kind of the old Black Friday. Better get out on Friday.
Speaker 1: You got to rent a U haul all haul the damn things.
Speaker 3: I know, eighty five inches is not going to fit in any suv and in a short bed pickup it may not fit in that either, So keep that one in mind. So there are a few things to go out for, but in general, you can do the shopping online. Here's something that people are a little ticked off about. The gaming consoles. You know, in the past, you have big sales on them. You know, one hundred and fifty dollars off. If you want that Nintendo Switch to the hot new handheld Nintendo, that thing's not on sale. It's amazing for Black Friday. It's not on sale. The Xbox you can't even find anymore. And the Sony PlayStation five. They're making a big push on that, but it's basically fifty dollars off. And we're talking. They've kept raising the price up to five hundred bucks. So it's fifty dollars off. That's four hundred and fifty dollars so still pricey. You're not seeing those huge Black Friday deals we used to see ten years ago.
Speaker 1: So do you guys want to explain to me what the switch is because I know both of my boys have it. I've never seen.
Speaker 2: Them handheld video games like the game Boy, but like a thousand times better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so it's a fancy game Boy basically.
Speaker 3: Okay, exactly the old game Boy.
Speaker 1: Well, what it is.
Speaker 3: It is the handheld, but it you know, syncs with your TV so you can play it on a sixty five TV four K video It looks great instead of having that big you know Xbox sitting there under the TV. Basically you're handheld gaming year you can use you know, in the car and an airplane whatever.
Speaker 1: You can then just use it on your TV.
Speaker 3: So that's what's so nice about it. But it's not cheap. They just came up with the switch to and you're gonna pay some some pretty pennies to get one of those.
Speaker 1: Well, John, is there anow that we can do it all online? What is the point of going out to these stores like you were just talking about and standing in line nowadays Thanksgiving night or whatever.
Speaker 3: Here's the amazing thing. I went to Kinwood Town Center yesterday and they let us in to see how they're getting ready for Black Friday, and the place was packed. I mean I couldn't find a parking spot, so you know it's going to be packed on Friday and Saturday. And it was interesting because we're asking people, why are you coming to the mall when you can buy everything online? I mean, come on, amazing store. You can buy everything online, all those little stores in the mall. Why do you need to come here? And it was interesting. A lot of people said, it's so I can touch it, see it, feel it. Isn't that the song out of the show Tommy? You know, exactly, because people want to actually experience what it is. If you're buying leggings, you know, you want to try them on. You want to see what the fabrics like. A lot of that people said they wanted to get a feel for what the product is like and see it. This is interesting, And other people said, you know, I just want to see a lot of people. I'm the social person. I like come into the mall, I get my Starbucks, I like walking around. I like seeing other people at the mall instead of just sitting at home on my last It's like Eddie, Yeah, it's like Eddie, You're just like going to look at women.
Speaker 1: Come on, he has a special outfit set out, John, I have a Black Friday outfit. Have those special glasses, those those things that are crazy iPhone glass where you can just like blink and it takes pictures of women and stuff X ray vision. Yeah yeah, oh you mean those things you used to be able to buy out on the back of a comic book.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now you're buying at the Apple Store exactly. So it's interesting. A lot of people still go to the mall because They want that experience of being out. Other people want to you know, when they're getting a sweater, they want to see what the material is like. And that makes a lot of sense. Other people said, I like this one that I have no idea what to buy people online, but if I'm walking in the mall, I'll look in the store window and go, oh, that's really cool. Oh, Aunt Marge would love that, you know what I mean. You see it in the mall and it's like, that's just perfect for Grandma. Where if you're on Amazon, you know you don't know what to get.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, there's that and Johnny with that, we got to get going. We appreciate it. Buddy, You have yourself a great Thanksgiving. What are your plans.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be home with the family having turkey. You know, I'll meet you at the mall Friday. We'll go out lady watching and I'll.
Speaker 1: Beware of my paaper glasses. Good right, have a good weekend, see buddy. So coming up, we're going to be talking to our good friend PJ.
Speaker 4: Street.
Speaker 2: Yes, and the topic today is peptides. Here a lot about that's like a buzzword, and you have peptides. It's the single greatest thing ever. He's going to clear up the the air on that one, all right, and we'll talk about your fasting and how that's going.
Speaker 1: That's it. I'm on day two right now, all right, but that's coming up after the news right now, News Radio seven hundred w l W Hell and you. We're kind of smushing all the shows together just because of the short week, but that adds up to a good show. Right now, we talk to the guy we usually talk to on Thursday roundabout. Yes, they're a good friend, PJ Street and PJ.
Speaker 2: Before we get into our topic of the day here, I will per your guidance.
Speaker 1: I'm on the week eat don't eat, Eat don'ty.
Speaker 2: This is day two of me not eating, and I feel like it's going pretty good. I don't really feel like I noticed anything that different. Yeah, I'm hungry at night, but it's it's hadn't been as bad as I as I thought. It's almost like if you don't start eating, you don't like crave food as much.
Speaker 4: I don't know, Yeah, I was. I was.
Speaker 6: We'll talk about peptives here a little bit, but I was really curious about, you know, hearing your observations about fascinating you.
Speaker 4: Did anybody get hurt? Were there any tables broke into that? Nothing like that?
Speaker 1: When I don't want to say anything, PJ. But he isn't here gnawing on a table leg as we speak. You're safe, right, You're there ain't a lot of meat in us bone. I think I'm pretty safe. But when I'm looking at me like a pork chop, like in a bugs Bunny cartoon or something, I.
Speaker 6: Was going to make sure he didn't, you know, rip her head off due to ir ability. I gotta tell you, though, Rock Like, I'm not an advocate of fascinating. I think long term, I just don't think that's a sustainable, you know, realistic strategy. But I got to tell you the way you're doing it for this particular week of the year, it's actually kind of perfect. Right, Yeah, you got you got this big calorie buffer. But I'm curious to see how much food you do eat tomorrow. You know, like the over under on your calorie and takes like six thousand.
Speaker 1: I'm taking five, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: I will say yesterday when I could, when I could eat again, coming off of Monday, where I couldn't.
Speaker 1: I definitely hate a little more. I'm not a not a ton more so, but I I'm interested to.
Speaker 2: Find out if I because you know you here at pj P talk, were all the mental clarity in the sharpness?
Speaker 4: I can't.
Speaker 2: I can't say that I have any more mental clarity, but I don't feel like I'm suffering either, if that makes any sense.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think we need maybe a longer sample size to figure out if you know you have less brain fall and all that stuff.
Speaker 4: It is interesting.
Speaker 6: I think it's a great strategy for this particulor a week of the year, maybe the week of Christmas you can.
Speaker 4: Go back to it.
Speaker 6: But anyway, we'll get into peptides today because this is a really popular topic among the you know, the over forty you know, anti aging crowd. Joe Rogan's talked about a lot. And you know, are they the fountain of youth? Are they snake oil? We'll talk about here, you know a little bit. So what are peptides? Well, yeah, so basically, Edie, they're just short chains of amino acids.
Speaker 4: And what they do.
Speaker 6: Putting this in really simple terms, these signal molecules that tell your body to do things like burn fat or build muscle, or heel tissue, et cetera. What people oftentimes think they are is they like they're as good as steroids and as effective as steroids.
Speaker 4: They're not.
Speaker 6: Okay, Peptides act as messengers that basically, they just encourage your body to naturally produce more of a substance or or to perform a task for instance, you know, like release more growth hormone. When we get into steroids and like hormone replacement therapy and or testoster or replacement replacement therapy. In that case, you're actually like delivering external hormones into the body, so that they're two entirely different things. They don't mimic the effects of using steroids or even being on low DOS t r T or HRT.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 6: But but again, many people are are hopeful about their their influences on fat loss and muscle retention, sleep, uh, you know, injury recovery and all that good stuff.
Speaker 4: You know, again, like we talked about.
Speaker 6: Maybe even last week or the week before the supplements or or hr T or TRT. My problem with peptides or any of that stuff is that they're not going to replace good sound foundational habits. Are you talking, are you training in the weight room. Are you controlling your calorie intake? If you're not doing any of that stuff on a consistent basis, peptides or hr T t RT supplements, you're really just polishing a turd.
Speaker 1: Really okay? So all right, so so let's take that.
Speaker 2: Let's say, Uh, a person is you know, they're training three days a week, They're they're eating healthy, they're they're getting adequate sleep on top of all that already healthy, you know, lifestyle per all your guidelines.
Speaker 1: Will peptides help anything?
Speaker 6: And if so, if in that particular situation, I think certainly hr T t RT could could you know, increase your progress and gains if those foundational things are in place? So, and I think peptides a couple of them are very promising, uh, in terms of health and longevity. Tissue repair, the two most popular ones are BPC.
Speaker 4: One five seven. I'm not going to get into what that is. That one, yes, yeah, that's all over the place.
Speaker 6: You know that that's going to help with tissue repair and tended deligment healing and stuff like gut health, which is important to people forty plus. And then you know, the most popular peptide is actually semaglue tide that you know, which is also known as ozempic or regovi and we know that works, right, But it is technically a peptide. But again, I think they can be. I think they're promising. I but but if you're going to go down this route, number one, you've got to have the foundational lifestyle habits in place, and number two, you got to do your homework and probably work with somebody that knows what the hell there is they're talking about.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you. Does do peb tides occur in nature? Is there That's what I'm saying. Is there a food source for it? Or is this a created supplement?
Speaker 6: No, these are so that's a great question, Eddie. So peptides aren't created in nature per se, But but they are naturally many of them are naturally occurring in your body or the sym or or they are synthesized versions of what's occurring in the body that you are used therap therapeutically. But but again, I want I want to I want to reiterate, this is not like taking external hormones like like testosterone or or trend or something like that.
Speaker 4: It's a whole it's a whole different deal.
Speaker 6: The other thing I want to throw in for for any athletes or parents of young athletes listening. If your kids or you know, your your your college athletes son or daughter, it starts talking about peptides, they need to do their homework because some of these peptides, even though they're legal to buy, uh, the World Anti Doping Agency UH may not think so. And some of these peptides are banned by WATA. So you know, if you're a young athlete, you know, curious about out this stuff, you're definitely gonna want to do your homework on what's banned and what's not.
Speaker 2: And when of these things started to become popular or even because I had not heard them until like the last couple of years, right.
Speaker 6: I can tell you I screwed around with them. In oh boy, twenty sixteen they started getting really really popular. And I'll tell you that. And here's the thing. This is where it gets a little tricky. A lot of these things are it can be purchased online from like research companies, like animal research companies. Probably not a great idea, but you know, you can buy them legally. But you know, in twenty sixteen, I screwed around with a couple of them that I got from one of these quote unquote research companies, and I think what was in them was not peptides. I think they were steroids. Because my gym performance in about a month, you know, it far exceeded anything that happen to me in the last ten years. So I didn't I didn't continue with those. But anyway, you gotta be you gotta be, you know, pretty sure of the source, Verify the source, and again you probably won't work with somebody in a clinical setting that that knows about these things, uh, and what they're talking about.
Speaker 2: So to be clear, if you're a high school, college or beyond athlete, you should not take these right because they will show up on a drug test as performers hansing enhancing.
Speaker 4: Correct.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you'll end up like an Alex Robert you guess type situation, you know, and the guy, the guy says it's fine, it's it's legal, blah blah blah. And you know, again, the NCA, the NFL, the World Antidoping Agency may not think so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I'm glad we're talking about this because I've always heard of peptides. I thought it was a name brand of something, didn't you. That's pepto pets break is kind of breaking through. So PJ, let's let's talk about Thanksgiving and obviously we maybe we wants to get the feedback gone tomorrow, et cetera, et cetera. First off, my first question, and I don't know if you know this or not. You're not a chemist, but to a certain degree you are. Is trip to Fan a real thing? This is a bit highly debated topic right now. When you eat turkey, always say, oh, it's the trip to Fan that puts you to sleep? Or is it the fact that you sit down and eat four or five pounds of turkey at a time and your body just wants to take a nap.
Speaker 4: It's the latter, ready, Okay.
Speaker 1: That's what I thought. I always thought that trip.
Speaker 6: Don't get me wrong, trip to Faine as a thing. But it's more that's not what puts you to sleep. It's the six thousand calories that you ate in a you know again, trip to Faine. I talked about amino acids. Trip to Faint is one of the nine essential amino acids, and you know your body can't produce it on its own, and you're going to get through your diet. But again, yes, you know it's a myths that that the turkey eating, you know, the trip to fan containing turkey is what makes you sleepy after Thanksgiving. You know, that's where that that kind of that comes from. It's more of the fact that you just ate yourself into food, a serious amount of gluttony.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what is I know you've talked about this in years past. He might not have the numbers in front of you, but what does the average person eat calorie wise on Thanksgiving? I have to imagine it's a lot, certainly more than a normal Thursday.
Speaker 6: Well that again, I have seen estimates in the past.
Speaker 4: I can't tell you off the top of my head.
Speaker 6: But what I can tell you is this, Guys, I've stated this a number of times on the show. The average calorie intake of a US adult on a normal day is about thirty five hundred calories. Okay, so I can estimate that, you know, the typical person is going to.
Speaker 4: Take in double that tomorrow.
Speaker 6: I would go to my I would bet on that any day of the week.
Speaker 4: I know I will see.
Speaker 1: Now, you guys are big guys? Are you the types that go back and reload later on we'll rock. You have two dinners tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Two dinners which means four dinners. Wow, yeah, now you're right, PG I I did. I did very you know, selectively. Uh you know do my my fasting week to uh where I hit hit the the eating day on Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm dumb, but not stupidly. Yes, Relliant, Yes.
Speaker 6: I will be next week. You'll have to report back. I'm curious to just how ravenous and how much you'll overeat tomorrow.
Speaker 4: I'm really curious about that.
Speaker 1: I will document it and report back.
Speaker 6: You know, you can get through, like like you said, one or two days of fasting, You're probably not going to notice a whole lot. I'm curious to see what happens like on a third or fourth day. You know, if you if you did this for two weeks in a row, where you'd be versus week one. I'll I'll get your input and feedback next week.
Speaker 2: I'm hoping there's some dramatic change in something.
Speaker 1: I don't know what even what it is.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'm all of a sudden just mental clarity is great, or you know, certain things increase in size, you know, like I don't know, like we we'll find out together.
Speaker 1: But I'm mopeful, but you're gonna looks a lot of weights.
Speaker 4: With the we'll see, yes.
Speaker 1: With that, PJ. We will let you go, buddy. People want to find out more about you. Where can they go?
Speaker 4: Yep?
Speaker 6: If you will lever up your health habits, fat loss, muscle gain, all that good stuff, you can find out more about what I offer a Greek by Fitnessystems dot com.
Speaker 1: All right, thanks so much, PJ. And you have yourself, guys, Thanks so much, PJ. Have it going, buddy, So yeah, that I've always wondered about that with It's a good question at the trip to fan because I had heard that recently. It was that's say, a big debate.
Speaker 2: But it's more so you just throw about four pounds of just thun your.
Speaker 1: Gut right at once. You're right, you know all the sugars and just I never eat dessert, and I guarantee you I'll tie on a big piece of pie tomorrow. Really see you like, don't have ashert see I think I've told you.
Speaker 2: Yes, I eat pretty good, pretty disciplined eating, but I need some sort of dessert at in the evening.
Speaker 4: I have to.
Speaker 1: I can take a bye to a recy coup and I'm good something like.
Speaker 4: See good for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why. I mean, look at you.
Speaker 2: You just felt and that looks like they have the body of a thirty five year old woman.
Speaker 1: Right, Please with then we do trafficing weather, what's going on this Wednesday? But we kind of jigger and stuff around. That's a reason we have right now instead of at five o'clock Wednesdays with Willy brought to you by Joseph Chevrolet, we have Willie right now. Now, Willie, let's talk about Thanksgiving. I know you were back there at the first Thanksgiving, was still practicing, probably handling the lawsuits that the Indians and we're trying to get together against the Pilgrims. Yes, I was there, sure, And so your thoughts, your your your memories, your thoughts on Thanksgiving at this wonderful time of the year.
Speaker 8: You know, I think Rocky would agree with me Eddie that the First Thanksgiving was an example of capitalism versus socialism. You might recall in sixteen oh seven that Jamestown was the first settlement, and at that point, the organizers of Jamestown wanted everybody to share equally in the harvest, the planting, taking care of the chickens, had some farm animals, and the idea was socialism.
Speaker 7: We're all in this together.
Speaker 8: And it's a consequence that settlement was lost to eternity.
Speaker 1: I don't know what happened.
Speaker 8: They died because of socialism. However, the Pilgrims sixteen to twenty Plymouth Rocks.
Speaker 7: Said we're gonna have another another deal.
Speaker 8: They said, we're going to let individuals decide for themselves what to grow, what the harvest. They let the individual decided they had so much extra, they said, hey, Indians.
Speaker 7: Come on in the Indians. So they brought in the Indians and the settlers.
Speaker 8: Then there was intermarriage, there was all kind of interaction between the two groups. Then we had the American way of life. So at Jamestown with socialism at Plymouth Rock and with the Pilgrims it was capitalism. And you see which one worked. And then everyone said, okay, each according to their ability, from each according of their niechs. Guess why that doesn't work anymore. We're gonna have to do something different. And so the Pilgrims forms capitalism, and the original settlers and socialism, and that's why we're alive today because of capitalism and the first Thanksgiving in which I'm sure there were no turkeys at all, but nonetheless so much was produced. They brought in the engines, and the engines had a great time, became friends, a little bit of drinking, a little bit of intermarriage, a little bit of inner whatever, and all.
Speaker 7: Of a sudden there was a flourishing.
Speaker 8: And it worked today from sixteen twenty sixteen to twenty five, sixteen thirty. Here we are in twenty twenty five, and America is still strong.
Speaker 2: And you're you are right about this because it became after the failed socialist way went on. It was hey, you can eat, but you must produce. If you don't produce or do anything to add any value, you don't eat.
Speaker 7: Right, Yeah, you're not eating and so and so.
Speaker 8: What it is is that America form Thanksgiving is uniquely American holiday because we get together, hopefully not too many fights. The big mission is Chief Tom Striker. He told me when he was the chief that they had a family in today Amsville in which they had one dead and four or five injured. They got into some fight and all of a sudden the fort came out, went into somebody's chest and at that point on the table they had a turkey leg down some woman's throat and gagged and none of the nine to one one was called. That wasn't a good gathering, Eddie. Would you agree that that's not That's not the real meaning of Thanksgiving, Willie?
Speaker 1: What's funny about that? Is the rock and I did a topic yesterday Thanksgiving memory, you know, bad Thanksgiving memories or stuff that happened, and one of the er nurses called in. She saw the guy with the fork sticking out of his chest.
Speaker 8: It's a bad, bad look for the bad look. It's a bad look. Uncle Joe's got a two pronged fork, and I'm not sure he lived or died.
Speaker 1: Squirting out the whole deal, I'm kind.
Speaker 7: Of ruined the pumpkin pie. I mean, what do you do?
Speaker 8: And so, uh, you know, people arrested, and uh, we don't want that tomorrow. We want families, even Almo, Almo, his great family.
Speaker 7: The producer Dujore a great guy.
Speaker 8: He needs to understand, don't talk about politics, don't talk about religion, don't talk about anything controversial, otherwise there'll be a fork sticking out of your chest.
Speaker 7: And you'll be at the christ Hospital.
Speaker 1: So what will you be thankful for, Lily on this Thanksgiving? Give it to us?
Speaker 8: Well, you know, Rocky, I'm not going to be thankful to the end because last Thanksgiving had about twenty five people here, Camargo, Reynold Brunt and all this stuff. I had the ladies who are doing the massages, had the manni's and the petties for all the women.
Speaker 7: It's about seven o'clock.
Speaker 8: Pennies walking to the dinner table with the hot biscuits in her hand, she takes a fall upside down, breaks her pelvis and three locations. Just before we said their prayer before dinner.
Speaker 1: I called nine to one one.
Speaker 8: Sycamore Township arrives. Letter she goes out, horizontal horizontal doors are opened. Well, if some people here that don't really haven't been here before, you know, they get younger, they bring boyfriends and girlfriends as they bring them all and one of them said, does this normally happen here?
Speaker 7: And I said, no, this normally doesn't happen here.
Speaker 8: And after about fifteen minutes after the emergency of the sirens down to Christ's Hospital, my son's well, let's eat, and they just and then about midnight, about midnight, my son brings a helping down to me at the Christ Hospital. I spent the next four days Friday, Saturday, Sunday, took off Monday with Penny in the hospital with a broken pelvis.
Speaker 7: And she's gotten after that, it's been good.
Speaker 8: And of course my sister Diane is at Sant X Church ten days ago. She had hip surgery two and a half years ago. She's in the wedding, fancy wedding sat X Church downtown. All of a sudden her hip goes out. She's in a pew. She can't move an inch, she screeches. We called nine one one pick her up from the church and take her up to Jewish and Kinwood. So I'm looking forward to tomorrow, but maybe have a dinner without nine one.
Speaker 2: Everything else is secondary, the food, how it tastes, you know what So and so's a boyfriend, not none of it.
Speaker 1: Nothing, no calls, no.
Speaker 7: One, no one, no one gagging, no.
Speaker 8: One is no one, No one's flipping palls, no fork in anyone's chest.
Speaker 7: It's a low standard boat. That's what we want to do.
Speaker 1: So Willie, are you gonna are you doing the same kind of operation? This year, you're gonna have that many people and you're gonna have these massages.
Speaker 8: Yes, wow, Masseuse and the many and the petties are gonna be here at three. So between three and five, any woman that's here, we have the robes, go downstairs. It's a private setting on women only or transgender acceptable. Go downstairs, you get your feet done, your nails.
Speaker 7: Done, you get a massage.
Speaker 8: They leave at five o'clock and then and then we get start to eat by seven or seven thirty.
Speaker 1: That's the plan.
Speaker 8: The women love to come here on Thanksgiving.
Speaker 4: Believe me.
Speaker 2: So the people that are that are working at your house, I guess they just do Thanksgiving earlier in the day and they come over your house around two thirty.
Speaker 7: Yes, I have three nights women.
Speaker 8: I pay them quite well to come here and Thanksgiving to take and they bring this little apparatus where you put your put your feet in this like it's not a bucket, but they got this apparatus when you can lean back in your chair, put your feet in the soak your soak your nails before they get the massage or cut or whatever.
Speaker 7: And it's it's and.
Speaker 8: They come in through the side door and and they they leave five five point fifteen and life is.
Speaker 7: Good and they make a.
Speaker 8: Good I pay him quite well, and the ladies are.
Speaker 7: Happy to get happy to come here and go to work.
Speaker 2: That's great, That's fantastic. So wha, yes, now.
Speaker 1: Do you get this catered?
Speaker 6: Are?
Speaker 7: Are you?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Largely largely we have red and red and spine meats that they they bring the turkey, they bring the mashed potatoes, they bring all the dress and then bring the candy in that they bring all that and so that's already here and uh and then then Penny and the ladies get together and kind of serve it.
Speaker 4: We have like a buffet line.
Speaker 7: I don't want segment to come.
Speaker 3: Because who's gonna stop it, But we have a buffet line.
Speaker 8: You sit down, We got seating for twenty five in the great room, and away we go. Rocky, you've been here, and if I may send you a picture.
Speaker 7: The wreath is up. We put the wreaths up about twenty minutes ago.
Speaker 1: I gotta say, I feel a little cheated.
Speaker 2: I feel like I didn't get to help you out, and you know, help save Thanksgiving Christmas this year.
Speaker 1: But put it up this year. Willie if Rocky wasn't.
Speaker 8: There, No, I mean, I told I told my son Evan, and my grandson Cole held Cole's twenty one years old. Now, I said, look, guys, if Rocky can do this to three it up with the big ladder, should be able to do it. And not only is the reaths up, but it's also those lights in it. We have a remote control deal with the lights coming. Go.
Speaker 7: How about that?
Speaker 1: Nice? I got, admit.
Speaker 2: I mean, just to take everyone through the story last year, Yes, you had told me for about two straight weeks you had tried to get the wreath and you couldn't fit the wreaths in the car, and then the wreath was too big and he couldn't out the thing, and the hangar.
Speaker 1: Didn't have this and have that? And how long?
Speaker 2: How long would it take me to go into your house assess the problem? I said, I need some wirecutters. I need's a about you know, a few feet of wire, and I need a ladder.
Speaker 1: That is it? Boom boom boom, I.
Speaker 8: Would say three minutes. At the outside, I couldn't get the wreath up. There there was a hook and I tried to get the back of the wreath with the wire on the hook, almost fell down two or three times from like ten feet in the air. I said, Penny, this is stupid. Then I brought a friend of mine, a golfing friend of mine, over.
Speaker 7: Steve Tino.
Speaker 8: He said, okay, let's shoo and I get up there. And at no point we're we close to getting the wire on the large wreath on the hook. You come said, look you got some wires. Said yeah, here's some wire. He cut about four feet of wire, tied it either end, got up there and hung it. I said, this is unbelievable. This is great, this is unbelievable. I overthought it is that fair to say? I thought, I didn't think the idea of putting like a wire.
Speaker 2: You also bought like a twenty seven dollars stainless steel like giant hook.
Speaker 1: I'm like, no, we need a little pi's a wire. And now that I went to your money back I got.
Speaker 8: I got several hooks, but one of these things have got to work.
Speaker 7: It took you went up there.
Speaker 8: I couldn't believe it, and it hung up for a few months. Then we took it down, put up something for spring and summer. But now we're back to the reef and it's up.
Speaker 1: It's up there now. That is awesome. All right. Well, well Lee, thanks for checking in with us, and good luck tomorrow and hopefully you know, knock on wood, everything goes well. Yeah, massages go well, the mandy petties go well, and nine one one does not get called Yes.
Speaker 8: And no turkey leg down. Some woman's throat just jammed down her throat and a fork.
Speaker 4: And a chest, well we won't have that.
Speaker 1: Two prong forks sticks out of your chest. Not a good look.
Speaker 8: They were afraid to remove him because they thought it would sprout blood, so they took the guy to the hospital with a fork in his chest.
Speaker 7: It's a bad end. It's a bad it's bad, Entrees, it's just bad.
Speaker 1: It's it's a happening. As we used to say back when I was a youngster.
Speaker 7: Never forget that one.
Speaker 6: Never forget that one.
Speaker 1: All right, Willie with that, Happy Thanksgiving brother.
Speaker 8: Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours and God bless you and God bless America.
Speaker 1: All right, God bless you, thank you, And I will tell you it's uh. I've never heard of a Thanksgiving tradition where you load up with a massage messuse Manny patties the whole nine yards and run a little spa in your basement. I've not heard of that either, but I bet the women love it. Not bad work if you can get a hoss. Have you ever had a man or a petty negative? I wouldn't be able to look my dad in the eye. Are you kidding?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: Well, for one thing, my toenails. I would freak if somebody start of fussing with them. That trikes me. Really, Yeah, it's crazy. Well I thought you said Dad likes well with that. We had to traffic and weather. What's going on? I'm hopping from the inquiry at five on Thursdays, but obviously not here tomorrow. Well I have him coming up here after the news.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, So what do you got going tomorrow for the for the big day?
Speaker 1: Well, just uh boys coming over? Just got the turkey girlfriend's over anything? See, then that's that's a wild card. I don't think so, I think, but both their girlfriends are from out of town. But you're holding out hope, right, So I'd love it. Yeah, I love the whole fam coming around, But uh, Mama Bear gets as a little protective. What this is this is our thing. Then there with their fiers.
Speaker 4: Correct.
Speaker 1: But what happens is and you'll see this once your boys get get older. Uh it's and I was probably the same way when I'm as a kid, when I was that age. Is what are we eating?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: You know, well I have the bird on the table. Whatever, three thirty four o'clock, whatever's gonna be? And okay, cool? Is it done yet? There's in there. They've already got plans with their buddies. They're gonna you know, they're gonna go. Yeah, they want to they want to eat and get on out there. They're going to go to their friend's house and hang out, play games and blah blah blah, do whatever else. But yeah, which is fine with me. Like I said, I used to be that way. But again, Mama, bear where you guys going. We're gonna some we have plans. Yeah, watch hang out with us, you see.
Speaker 2: I mean Devin in her head is still thinking, the boys are gonna put their pajamas on and you know, we're gonna read stories and we're gonna just hang out with kid.
Speaker 1: She she was ready to put on Thomas the Tank Engine and have everybody sit around play with the toys and uh, you know, happy, happy, joy joy. It's like, buddy, they have plans, Well, why don't want to hang out with their mom and dad? Well, no, that is going to be heartbreaking when that happens to me one day. They're grown ass men. Yeah, of course they got playing college and you know all they're.
Speaker 2: At Oh boy, yeah, you know it's it's weird because for a while I'd probably missed a bunch of Thanksgivings and then then eventually came back, you know, and they will too, with the with their families.
Speaker 1: That's the end. You'll be having the You'll be having mannies and petties, and my dad will come back, come back. If that happened twenty years from now, he will not allow to have it. Going up, we're gonna be talking about gambling. Of course, a great Thanksgiving tradition. But now it's the news news radios up it under a W LW. Do this on Thursday round about this time. Boy o, Hey, we all know what's going on tomorrow. But you are still going to be along next day.
Speaker 2: Yes, I am and me and Lance from us six to eight at the Long Necks in Hebron for the last time and then we'll be in Wilder for the rest of the year.
Speaker 1: So talk about Joe Burrow and those bangles and well you'll be talking a lot about what we're going to talk to this fellow about.
Speaker 2: Yes, lots of NFL action out there and lots of chances to win money. I always said, Jace, but Christmas is around the corner, and I know I could use a few extra bucks for the kids who can't. All right, So and here we go, and Jason, first of all, Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.
Speaker 6: Hey, Happy Thanksgiving to all you as well.
Speaker 1: So, Jace, we were talking before we get into the football action. You were talking that you're you're bright. You got your turkey, brianing right now, Mine's in my fridge, Brian and up. But you're gonna fry yours now. Rock was asking me the other day about frying it. I ever had it? I want to though.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So the cool thing is it it only takes about forty thirty forty five minutes, maybe an hour if you get a huge turkey. But you gotta be careful. You got to make sure that there's not water in there. You got to make sure you don't dip it. In too fast, and you definitely make sure that there's no frozen bits inside the turkey when you put in the fryer.
Speaker 2: All right, it sounds way too complicated for me. I'm gonna stay away from that. I tell you, dude, it's it's very tasty.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But Jay Si, let's go and kick off a great day of football here tomorrow. We got the the Packers and the Lions. Packers are second in the NFC North. The Lions even at seven and four our third. What a tough division this year, and right now I'm seeing minus three Detroit over the Packers.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't like the three points here. I would take the Packers and hope for a push. But Detroit's got to bounce back here. They they've got to start looking better. They've got to look like the class of that division that you all thought they were. I'm more interested here in the over just because I don't think there's gonna be a ton of defense played tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Over last I saw Jase was forty nine.
Speaker 6: Yeah, as long as it stays below fifty two, I'm good.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, let's talk about the other game before we get to the Bengals. We'll talk about that later. But Chiefs said Cowboys, Chiefs by three, I'm seeing and the over on that one fifty two. There's a big number.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm going Chiefs and the over here just because it feels like and.
Speaker 4: I hate to say this, just because the way.
Speaker 6: The math works, but it feels like the Chiefs are almost on the brink right here. They may miss the playoffs if they don't win this game. I think Andy Reid empties the playbook. I think they score at least thirty two points this week, and I'll cash the overall day and I'll also take the Chiefs on the money line and to cover the spread. And then, by the way, this is an all time uniform matchup. This is going to look like it's nineteen seventy six.
Speaker 2: Really, both both within the throwbacks. Okay, interested to see what that's Uh, that's gonna look like here?
Speaker 1: Very cool. Yeah, we'llcome back to the Bengals Ravens.
Speaker 2: But on Friday, just one game, Uh, the eight and three Bears versus the eight and three Eagles. Bears are in the lead in the NFC North and the Eagles and the lead in.
Speaker 1: The NFC East.
Speaker 2: Look, they're coming off that kind of ugly win or shoot, ugly loss they had against Dallas last week. They were up by double digits and they woind up giving it away. But what are you seeing in this one?
Speaker 1: Bears? The Eagle that I'm seeing Eagles minus seven.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't like the seven points here. I like the I like the starting with the Cowboys the Bears to cover that. But man, the Eagles. The staple of their team last year when they won the Super Bowl was they could close games out because they had that top offensive line. They could just run in the ground and salt the game away. They can't do that this year. And I don't know if it's a Saquon Barkley thing or a play design thing or whatever it is, but they're just it's tough to take the Eagles right now to cover anything more than maybe a field goal. So I love the Bears here, all right.
Speaker 1: Well, let's go to the Sunday games, how about? And the only reason I was thinking about this game cards at Bucks Bucks by three. But the Buccaneers, Man, they seem to be in control there for a little while, and the last few games seemed like they're kind of the Kniegs are bucket a little bit.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And I got to put my hand up here and admit that I've been wrong the last three weeks because I've been saying I love what the Bucks are doing.
Speaker 4: I like the way they look.
Speaker 6: They're playing this well blah blah blah. They have laid clunkers. Yea, Baker Mayfield not healthy, we know that. But yeah, the way the Cardinals are just throwing it all over the field with Jacobe Prissette right now, I would lay caution the win, take the Cardinals on the money line and to cover of three, and then also another game where I'm gonna take the over because there might be sixty points scored in this game.
Speaker 2: Wow, even with an unhealthy Baker Mayfield.
Speaker 6: Huh yeah, I mean getting he's getting his number two wide receiver back this week. And they also, I mean, let's be honest, the Cardinals don't exactly play defense. They gave up forty I think it was forty nine or forty two points to the Seahawks a couple weeks ago.
Speaker 2: Very good, all right, moving on to another big game on Sunday. I'm calling this the you tell me there's a chance, You're telling me there's a chance.
Speaker 1: All right Bills and Steelers.
Speaker 2: If the Bengals take care of business against the Ravens and the Bills can beat the Steelers in this game. I know it's very, very faint, but maybe the Bengals have an opportunity at the end of the season. I'm seeing Pittsburgh is actually plus three and a half their favoring the Bills here in that game.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I like the Bills. They have a big bounce back game this week. They they're trending the right way. They just aren't executing properly on offense, and they're basically they they've been playing the last four weeks with Josh Allen just go be superman kind of the way that I think the Bengals are going to have to ask you a bird to be going forward. But yeah, I like I like the Bills to bounce back in the spot the Steelers. They just don't like the Steelers right now. And I think that the Bills are going to win this game by a touchdown. But you know, we'll all have our hopes up if the Steelers lose and the Bengals win and all that and the maths starts getting weird.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, well we'll see about that. Well, let's skip ahead, guys and head to the Monday night game. Not much of a game, Pats at or Giants at Pats. Pat's favored by seven and a half. The over on that forty six and a half the last I saw.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so this this is back to back games where the Pats have the rest advantage, and by that I mean they have more days off than the other team. And rock until you how valuable even one extra day is.
Speaker 1: To recuperate your body.
Speaker 6: Yes, I don't see anyway the Giants get within seven points of this game, so easily give me the seven and a half. I'd lay eight and a half to be honest.
Speaker 2: All right, before we get to the Bengals game here, let's get look a ton of great college games this weekend, and I mean, and what a great finale here for the college football playoff and how that thing is going to shake out again? Rivalry weekend here, I'll be calling the Florida Florida State game. Not a ton of postseason implications in that one. But look, there's no bigger game Jason this week or at all in any year than the Ohio State Michigan game. Yes, in Michigan's won the last What three is that it? But I'm seeing Ohio State minus nine.
Speaker 1: And a half.
Speaker 6: I believe for Michigan it's four. I think I saw what they posted that everyone graduating this year will have never seen Michigan lose to Ohio State. And you gotta you know, I hate to say it because Ohio State, as I've said before, goes five stars deep at almost every position on the field.
Speaker 4: Too deep.
Speaker 6: But man, Ryan Day has got to prove it to me before I bet again Michigan. So I got to take Michigan here, and I will correct you. This is awesome rivalry weekend for everyone in the country. But the best college football game, in my opinion, happens next week when Navy and Navy and Army go against each other.
Speaker 4: Of course, that's my favorite game of the year. Every year.
Speaker 1: That is on my bucket list.
Speaker 2: Jason, I hope to be present at that game because everyone that's been there says, you think it's a big deal, and you think the pageant she's great, but until your experience, we have absolutely no idea.
Speaker 1: Now have you ever been that game, Jays?
Speaker 6: One time I went when it was in Baltimore and It was the most amazing game I've ever been to. I was a young Marine and getting to see all the future officers for both for the Marine Corps of the Navy and the Army, all on the tendans there was.
Speaker 4: It was amazing.
Speaker 6: The flyover, the paratroopers dropping in to deliver the game ball and the flag just amazing. There's nothing like it.
Speaker 1: All Right, Well, cool, okay, then let's talk about the game that affects that affects us, and we'll see how it affects us Tomorrow night. We're talking Bengals at Ravens. Ravens last we saw was seven point favorites over under a fifty one and a half. They're explained a fireworks show. Man.
Speaker 6: I can't buy that number, not the over at least I'm gonna buy the under. But to break this game down, the Baltimore Ravens the last four games have not allowed an opponent to score more than twenty points. The Bengals, except for last week, for the previous four games could not hold opponents under thirty points. So it is, as I said last week, is Joe Burrow also going to be able to play safety or linebacker or something?
Speaker 4: I hate to say it.
Speaker 6: Man, I don't know if there's anything Joe Burrow can do to help the Bengals win this game, because the Ravens are going to come out, They're going to play twelve first, and now they're going to expose the middle of the field where the Bengals are terrible against tight ends. And it's just I think the Ravens control the clock, continue to get first downs with those five seven yard completions, and I just think this is another one of those ridiculous games where the Bengals can't get off the field and the Ravens continue to get first downs and maybe kickfield goals, but probably score touchdowns. And I see the Ravens winning this one by at least ten points.
Speaker 1: Wow, A little spanking with with that, Jason. I'm sorry, go ahead.
Speaker 6: I I hate to be negative going into a holiday, but I mean, hey, I'm happy to be proven wrong tomorrow night.
Speaker 1: There you go, Yeah, put it out there. Let's go all right, buddy, Well we'll see what happens. And Jay's good luck with the deep frying that bird. How many people you got coming over just to you and the family, or is it you got extras coming? Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it'll be the family. We'll probably have about twelve to fifteen, so it'll be a good time.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's a big number. It's healthy, all right, buddy.
Speaker 6: But hey, happy Thanksgiving to all of you and your listeners and you and yours and thanks again guys.
Speaker 1: All right, buddy, take care and happy Thanksgiving. Our good friend, our good friend. Jason Hopping from The Inquirer Cincinnati dot com. Now, so you're you're talking, so you you share his opinion of that Ohio State game with Ryan Ryan Day needs to approve he can beat this way.
Speaker 2: Well he does in last year. I mean, just inexplicably, I think, and I said this, and I know him right, you know it. Last year Ohio State had the horses on the outside, on the perimeter, right, and all those great you know, wide receivers, you know, with Smith and with at the time of Mecca Buka and all that, and I think Ryan Day got so caught in I want to not just beat Michigan. I want to physically beat them. I want to pound them, want to I want to just you wreck them. So he went into a phone booth match with him, and that's what Michigan's strength was last year. And probably you know, maybe a little bit less as much this year, but I think it's the the same situation. So I think you'll see Ryan Day this year say, look, let's not you know, get get caught up in things. Where are we better? We have some of the best perimeter athletes on offense that there is. We have maybe one of the best defenses in the past twenty five years in college football.
Speaker 1: And that's a lot of folks are saying.
Speaker 2: So I think I think Ryan Day in Ohio State get it done this year. I don't know about the point spread at nine and a half, but I think the Bucks will win this one.
Speaker 1: And playing in ann Arbor, the Big House, and I'll tell you and you played there, yeah how many times? I played there? Once?
Speaker 2: Just once, just once. See, I went on a few visits there. I was choosing between Michigan and Notre Dames, so I went for a few visits there. But yeah, I mean that that. I mean looking up at the press box side seats that just go from you know, the field to heaven.
Speaker 1: It's amazing. It's amazing. I was there when I was in college and it's it's the same field. I even added seats then it was the biggest thing I've ever seen in my life back then.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a one hundred and ten thousand something something crazy, it's insane. It's amazing, what a venue.
Speaker 1: Well, great football weekend coming up here. Yes, sir Beck and dies that Turkey and watch it all. But right now we have traffic and weather. What is going on.