Speaker 1: By Billy cunning Him the Great America. Welcome this day after the day many of the puns are saying, this is an awful day for the Republican Party. Oh contrere monfrere. A lot of positive things happen to media will not report when these democratic areas vote. And Trump is such a city character in the democratic areas, You're going to have some distortions. And don't get too high, don't get too low. Jonan, you and I Ali is Alex trying to feel the chair of the Ohio Republican Party who's pouring over the numbers as I speak. And Alex t welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And first of all, Alex, give me the overall view, the good stuff, the bad stuff, and everything in between. What happened to the Republican Party yesterday?
Speaker 2: If anything, Billy, you know, it's always good to be with you, you know, Bill. I'm just a little bit of quick history on June fifteenth, nineteen ninety excuse me, two thousand and fifteen. June fifteenth, twenty and fifteen, you know what day that was, Billy. That's the day Donald J. Trump came down that golden escalator and emerged into the universe to declare the make America Great Again movement, and since that day, Bill Cunningham, the media, the pundits, the professional political class have tried to tear him down this idea that last night was some kind of a blue wave because the Democrats won in western Virginia, a reliably blue state. The Democrats won in New Jersey, which is adjacent to next to very liberal New York. New Jersey, reliably blue. The last three cycles have been blue and then shocking they won a mayor's race in New York City and won a big proposition in California. And the fact that the press is trying to spin a blue wave out of what is an ordinary, regular old election where Republicans are there, Democrats are there. We lost areas where sometimes we lose. Look, that doesn't mean we're satisfied. I'm a Republican leader, Bill, I want to win every single race from white House down to local to the local courthouse. And that's it's always our mission. But this media spin today has me on my high horses. You can tell you know what they've been trying to do since Donald Trump emerged from that escalator and June of twenty and fifteen is tear him down. You're seeing more of that today. We really have to fight another day. Donald Trump won seven Swing states last year, he won the popular vote. He's doing great things for the country, and you know, one local series of elections isn't going to change that momentum.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I referenced you to Viveke Ramaswami, one of the Alkhalites of alex t from Santax High School, likely the next governor of Ohio. He said about nine and a half ago, quote, we got our asses handed to us from Veke Ramaswami.
Speaker 3: Is the Veke wrong?
Speaker 2: You know, Vivek has a different perspective on this, and that's perfectly fine. I love him. We endorsed him. He's our candidate. You know, if Aveke wants to win every last vote in every corner of Ohio, and I appreciate that. What I want to do is keep our momentum going. And I believe there's a momentum because of Donald Trump's policies. They're working. He sealed the southern border. Billy, we keep forgetting about that. The press doesn't talk about it. He just keeps solving problems and that's going to keep going. So look, I know what Viake wants to win in New York and New Jersey. I just think those are tough places to win for us. And look, here's what I know about the Vake. He's going to win Ohio because of the very momentum that we are building, and half in this state. He's the endorsed Republican, So God bless of Ake ramaswami Hi.
Speaker 1: I also would say that there were two Democrats who won in Anderson Township, there was a Democrat that won in Blue Ash. Of course, there were some successes in Sycamore Township where I live because of Tom Weedman, et cetera.
Speaker 3: Pretty good stuff.
Speaker 1: But overall, wouldn't you say that the city of Cincinnati politically is lost.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a city of Cincinnati is a disaster for Republicans, but more it's a disaster for the people who live here. I mean, you're going to see people leaving this city. I'm afraid you've already seen a lot of that happen. I think prime in public safety is not a political issue. It's a reality for Republicans and Democrats alike. And if this is if you know, if the current administration sees this as some kind of a mandate of their policies, then this city is not going to be as livable as it could and should be. What I hope is that the mayor of this fine city that I still call home half the time, that the mayor of this city says, you know, now I don't have to placate my base anymore. I can staff the police at the appropriate levels. We can get tough on prime. We can make sure the judges do their job, which is to make sure we really identify the dangerous people and lock them up. That's the solution, the crime problem. Solution is not all that hard, Bill, And so you know that's kind of where it is. I hope that that's the lesson. Now, again, you pointed out some Democrat defeats. There are some Republican wins.
Speaker 4: Last night.
Speaker 3: Paul Raine Township had.
Speaker 4: A tough race.
Speaker 2: We won two trustee races there. Green Township remains a reliably read community. You know, we won some races last night. It's not to say that it wasn't the best night for the Republicans. Know, and Bill, Look, if I'm being honest, and I'm going to always be honest, with you. It's a pendulum. The pendulum is going to swing a little bit. It's cyclical in politics. But you know, I'm a cheerleader for Republicans. I think our principles are the ones that are going to save the country, and they already are. Donald Trump first and foremost has done the things that we wanted to do in in terms of creating and keeping a country by stealing the border. So you know, we're going to keep fighting. And look, this penulum is going to swing a little bit, but our job is to make sure it doesn't. You know, that the cyclical nature of this doesn't wipe us out.
Speaker 5: It's not going to do that.
Speaker 3: I did some interviews last night.
Speaker 1: One was in Atlantic City, New Jersey, one of my stations there, and I listened to the byplay back and forth before I got on the air there in Atlantic City, New Jersey, and they pointed out that in the last four years, three hundred thousand Republicans have left New Jersey. So when Mikey Cheryl wins the governorship and there's three hundred thousand less people to vote for Jack, should a RAMI if I'm saying that correctly, there's sure undred thousand less Republicans to vote for the Republican candidate.
Speaker 3: That's a problem.
Speaker 1: The same thing in the City of Cincinnati, and may I say, Am County. There's so many less individuals the vote that are Republican because people are leaving the city and they're leaving the county. And I guess I fear that the Hamlin County is ten years behind Cay Hooger County and Franklin County. In fact, it's damn near impossible to win a race in Kyhogar County or Franklin County because of the universities. Also because the so called Republicans are moving out to the suburbs. And here the suburbs are Boon County and the suburbs are Warren County, so that should make them stronger. So when I talk to Warren County Republicans a couple hours ago, they told me that they're welcoming more refugees from Hamlin County and the City of Cincinnati. People are moving out, and they're voting with their feet to leave. And about a relative to Fiji, if the city voter believes that the city's on the right course with law and order, the city's on the right course with shots fired. The city's on the right course with firing the police chief for little or no reasons in paying out millions of dollars in settlement. Let them stew in their own juices. What do you say about that?
Speaker 2: Well, Fanda described as an accurate one bill, and that is you do have this slight out of Hamilton County. As you know, I spent years as a chairman down there in Cincinnati, and I will tell you that we saw that phenomenon year and in, year out, and it's unfortunate because Republicans do leave a failing place. They want safer streets, they want better schools. I'll tell you who else had a banner night. I texted this morning with the chairman in Warren County. I know your friend, Commissioner Dave Young, and my friend too. You have him on, Have him on and tell you what happened in Warren County last night. Republicans swept every crucial race in Warren County that they cared about local, racist, township trustee races. You go over to Butler County, they defeated a big, gigantic levy. Well, look, I love Hamilton County. I will always love Hamilton County. But if you ower taxes, you want safer streets, better schools, better services out of your government, you're gonna leave Hamilton County. So what that's meant is that the big seas Cincinnati, Cleveland.
Speaker 5: Colus has become more blue.
Speaker 2: That's kind of what's going on. And we know that phenomenon exists. But Bill, I got to make the point we as Republicans cannot and should not walk away.
Speaker 4: We should continue to fight.
Speaker 2: I give great credit to the county chairman in Hamilton County for fielding a candate for mayor. Okay, it was years. I will admit I did not feel the cannet for mayor of Cincinnati because I knew what a tough situation he had. But you know, Corey Bowman excited a lot of Republicans and people had a choice in Hamilton County. Yes, we came up short, but I got to tell you, in Corey Bowman, you haven't heard the last of him. And this is how you build the you know, this is how you build people up to serve. So look, I mean, I'm not trying to completely spit you on this, but I will tell you that there are some silver linings even in these blue counties.
Speaker 1: Well, Warren County, this is not well reported. When I go to Warren County or Clinton County, I go to Adams County, they tell me they have no media coverage. Whatever happens in those counties, there's no one covering it. Therefore it doesn't happen in a sense. But the media and our town will not cover the fact that Warren County is deep red and Warren County you can't find a Democrat with a sarch horn. And last night in Warren County, every Republican won every office.
Speaker 2: Correct, That's correct. And I'll tell you again, Billy, this is not terribly sexy or interesting to your listeners. But the Ohio Republican Party played, and roughly that they played helped by you know, engaging our services with over one hundred and forty races. We won an overwhelming number of races all across this county, in small burghs and townships and everything else. And Bill, in Green Township we had wonderful services, strong believe, great grip and Kallis Tony Rolo, Tracy Winkler, good solid red conservatives. Green Township's a great place to live. You're not gonna hear that in the press. You're gonna hear about blue wave this and city this. Well, let me tell you Green Township is a great place to live because of Republicans. So as Republicans, even in these blue counties, we can feel a little to moralized today about what happened at the city, but we still have a role to play in these suburban communities to win races. And that's what we saw last night and a lot of these suburban communities across Ohio.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about Attorney j candidate j Jones in Virginia. This was despicable by the voters. Do the voters get it wrong? Absolutely? J Jones two years ago. This wasn't something he put out in social media ten years ago or fifteen years ago. Two years ago, when Jay Jones was an assembly member in the Commonwealth of Virginia, he put out text hoping that his political opponent's children die in the arms of their mothers. He also said vile and disgusting things about other Republicans. And this guy, supposedly in the polling was losing to the incumbent Republican ag by a wide margin. He actually won. J Jones, who called for horrible violence against against his political opponents. This is in the Trump era where Trump was shot once and tried to be shot twice. This is in the and the Charlie Kirk era where your blood's pouring out on the stage. This is a terrible event. While this is going on. J Jones, it's the chief law Enfurce Hoorsement Officer and the Commonwealth of Virginia when he urged the murder of his political opponents two years ago when he was an assemblyman. What do you think about that one?
Speaker 2: I think this period of American history is a dark one for the Democrats and I can't did the voters get it wrong? You're exactly right, they got it wrong. We're at a period now where sub level of violence and death is an acceptable response to speech and to be deadly serious for me, And it is deadly serious for me. This is very, very concerning for the country. I mean, there used to be a few things we all agreed on Bill, and one of them was that violence doesn't solve our political problems. Republican, Democrat, left, right, everything in between, we all agreed. We have a great American conversation and a debate, but now there are certain Democrats who obviously they they slaughtered poor Charlie Kirk, father of babies and a great husband and a young man with full life ahead of him. They tried to kill Donald Trump. So there's a real left wing violence problem, and that they advocate for violence. I don't know where that ends. I hope, as Republicans were the adults in the room to continue to tell Americans that we solve our problems by dialogue. But the end of such a construct bill in America where violence solved political problems is not an end that we want to see in this country. And you know, as Republicans, we have been talking about peace and lowering the temperature. What happened there is deeply concerning, and Democrats ought to be calling that out as much as Republicans because they can play a role to get a factor where we solve our disputes, you know, in arguments on the floor of the Senate and the House, or in the state legislature at city Hall, not by killing one another. So yeah, I'm concerned. And now they voters got it totally wrong there.
Speaker 1: And NBC News has a poll out that says thirty three percent of Democrats consider political violence to be acceptable in some circumstances. I want the American to be able to reflect on that. Thirty three percent of Democrats believe that violence against your political opponents are justified in some circumstance. Unbelievable.
Speaker 2: It's unbelievable. And then look you see in Ohio an example of great orators and people who know how to deliver a message. Okay, and that is the big Ramaswami is one of the great communicators in American politics.
Speaker 4: JD.
Speaker 2: Vance a great communicator, someone who can espouse our ideas. The Democrats have some I don't like what they say, but some of them do. Let's continue to have these debates. And that number that you just quoted is should be deeply disturbing to everyone, especially to Democrats. That is not a path forward for their party to be advocating violence in this great country. Frankly, we have enough violence, Billy, on the mean streets of our big cities governed by Democrats. We don't need any additional violence between you know, political warring factions. That's a formula for disaster.
Speaker 3: Now it's considered acceptable.
Speaker 1: And lastly, what about Mom Donnie, he's a communist he's a socialist. He free busses, he has free public education, free babysitting services. Once they increase taxes, my friends show on hand and he tells me that six hundred thousand New Yorkers have left New York City and he's one of them. And we got a problem. And much like in Cincinnati to a smaller scale, when government fails, people have the option to move. But when the Democratic Party puts a communist in charge of the financial capital of the world, what.
Speaker 2: Does that say, Well, it's the best thing to happen to Florida is going to be the flood of businesses, in the flood of people to the warmer climate, and in the better environment of Florida. It also will be to the benefit of Ohio under the vaik Ramaswami. What's going to happen in New York, the financial capital really of the world, is that this mont Dahmi doesn't moderate, you know, sort of moderate his positions on this and begin to understand the power of American capitalism. It could destroy one of our great cities. And I pray that doesn't happen. I hope this young man has got some sense about him. Ultimately, and can moderate and understand that this democratic socialist garbage that he's inputing isn't the answer. It's bad news, though, Bill. What happened there is very bad news for New York. I'm afraid, really build A concern really is that more people die. And I don't like that hyperbole typically, but if you go soft on prime, you have no bond, don't you know, you don't have pops patrolling the streets. Violence skyrockets, so literally, you're going to have more mayhem and violence than people dying. And that's a reality for New York. If they have a mayor who decides that crime shouldn't be punished but rather treated in some capacity, and we shouldn't lock up bad guys, that's what That's my main fear is that more people, more Americans, more New Yorkers, frankly, pay a violent price for this. That's the concern.
Speaker 1: Lastly, what is this election of yesterday, Alex t the chair of the Ohio Republican Party, What does it mean for twenty twenty six? The Democrats are dancing on the grave of Donald Trump, some hopefully literally, many figuratively.
Speaker 3: What does it mean?
Speaker 1: There's a wave building and this is the beginning or with a wave dissipate and all of a sudden life will be good.
Speaker 3: What does it mean?
Speaker 2: Look, I'm fired up, you can tell today. I hope I'm fired up about twenty twenty six. I'm ready to take it to these guys. Look at Ohio Ed Brown. If you ever get him on your show, Bill, I hope you will ask him what about zoron? Mom DOMMI okay, mom Dommy is the new faith for the Democratic Party. Jared Brown has to answer that question in Ohio? Is he for him? He didn't endorse him, He's been hiding under his death. Same thing with Tim Ryan and Amy Acton and these other people that won to run. So for us in twenty six, we're ready to take this debate to the American people. Ohio is a good red state, sometimes a swing state. So what does it mean for us? We've got to continue to fight. Look, I know the pendulum swings. We as Republicans cannot let up. We cannot be demoralized because the Democrats won a bunch of blue states last night. That's what it means to us. We're going to keep fighting, Bill, We're not going to stop.
Speaker 1: God bless America. Alex Trantefield, good luck with all your studies this say afternoon. To find out what happened, how to take advantage of it. The Republican Party must arise like a mighty tsunami and wash across the lands, picking up the political remains of socialists and communists wh would seek to seize power. Alex Joantefielu, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. Good luck to you. God bless you, and God bless America.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Alex, Thank you, Billy, God bless you.
Speaker 4: Take care.
Speaker 1: Let's continue with more. There's the resolution of this matter by the Chair of the Higher Republican Party, Bill Cunningham, News Radio seven hundred WW. I love Tarvin Plumbing, and I love Plumb tight, and I love Tom Brenneman. I sider beating, blooded and unbowed, because when Democrats win in New York City or Virginia, or when Democrats went in California or New Jersey, it's not a big deal. In fact, I mentioned I may have mentioned this to Alex try Tifeelu that I did some interviews on the East Coast last night, and during one of the interviews it was pointed out to me that some three hundred thousand Republican New Jersey residents have fled the state in the past four years, so the electorate has changed. According to demographic experts, amily the county has lost about twenty five thousand Republicans in the past four or five years. Likely lose more head for these results fleeing to states like Florida. Seven years ago, the Democratic Party in Florida had a three hundred thousand vote plus margin. Now they have a one point three million dollar negative margin. So you and I know that when cities fail, when blue states fail, that the most of the residents had the ability to move and go somewhere else. Many don't want to because of family structure, or jobs or whatever. So you may want to stay, but there's a chunk of Americans who have now left Cincinnati and have now left Hamilton County. In the twenty twenty four election, when Blue Ash, the city of Blue Ash, Anderson Township, Montgomery all vote for and Madeira all vote for Harris and not Donald Trump, you know that's a Democratic area. Growing up, you could rely upon Madeira, Montgomery, Blue Ash, Sycamore Township, Anderson Township to be rock ribbed a Republican is not the case anymore, just the opposite. In fact, it's because of educated white women who live in those areas. There's a ten point margin plus toward Democrats of white women in the country. And I would think it's best exhibited in Blue Ash, Montgomery and Madeira. I think Indian Hill Kamala Harris got forty seven percent of the voting an Indian Hill, for God's sakes. So it's a situation where that the appeals to send Donald Trump a message is rather strong and the Republican base did not come out. I have a guest on in about thirty minutes, Gabe Guiderini. Guiderini is a student of the University of Dayton and he's with the Turning Point USA chapter to talk about what this means for shall I say, young folks, college kids eighteen and twenty five years old. And I thought that maybe this would be the election to determine whether or not Cincinnati would return to normalcy or not. And the answer is not. Most upsetting to me is Judge Josh Berkowitz. He's the presiding judge of amNY County Municipal Court. He ran against an oppo who's never been a judge, never been a magistrate. In fact, she's a clerk in the Clerk of Court's office through a hat in the ring thinking Josh Berkowitz, who's everyone admires Democrat and a Republican is the best there is Hamley County Municipal Court and Judge Josh Berkerwitz lost easily. A good chunk of his district is Anderson Township, which used to be Republican now as Democrat. Two Republican trustees lost in Anderson Township and Josh Burkerwitz lost and Judge Senderman lost closely, but she's still on Common Police Court, so we'll see what happens there. Why I think Donald Trump is toxic among Democrats and when Republicans don't vote and appropriate numbers and the Democrats do, then the Democrats will win. Plus there was a course Shenanigans happening, which always happens. By the way, it always goes one way when mistakes are made, they're always toward one way and not the other way. In at Chester County, Pennsylvania, there was a few things on the statewide ballot there. One was to keep three liberal Supreme Court justice is the retention and they all won, but seventy five thousand voters in Chester County, Pennsylvania did not vote. Young woman posted a video that when viral as she explained the problem. Anyone who's a registered independent or third party voter in the county and showed up with the polls yesterday was told their name is not on the polls. She said, Okay, let me do a provisional ballot. I know I should be on and they weren't available. So about seventy five thousand independent voters in Chester County, Pennsylvania, which voted for Donald Trump sixty three percent, suddenly they were off the voter rolls. And of course late at night, some of the names and numbers are changed. And so there's a lots of Shenanigans continuing to happen among democratic areas because no one's going to prosecute. I do not believe that is the case. In fact, I know that's not the case. In Amliny County, Erry Poland who's the Hamlin County director Board of Elections runs a tight ship. Democrats and Republicans agree it's the best so to deal with reality. The country in an off year election is going to have a grievance mentality against Donald Trump and come out in large numbers. That was kind of ridiculous last night that the mayor of our city have to have pirival spent some of his time talking about Donald Trump. Ma'am, Donnie, the mayor to be in New York City sent a chunk of his time talking about Donald Trump. New York City's got a three billion dollar deficit, and it's going to get increase. You can't give out all this free stuff and anticipate no one's paying for it. Of course, they're going to pay for it. They're going to pay for it directly or indirectly. The one point two percent one point two percent of New York City residents pay about fifty percent of the bills. A chunk of them are going to leave. So far in New York City's lost three hundred thousand residents who left. New Jersey's lost in the range of one hundred and fifty to two hundred thousand residents have left New Jersey, and about twenty five or thirty thousand have left the City of Cincinnatis. Of the list, Keetings and the Chris Smithermans don't have a base upon which to rely plus the Blue Democratic ticket is the golden one that gets you elected. A nice young man named Ryan James won the ninth seed on council only because he's on the golden ticket, the Blue Democratic card, So Liz Keating and Chris Smitherman had no chance. In fact, I think Liz Keating was out of the running by about thirteen thousand votes, not even close.
Speaker 3: So the city has gone.
Speaker 1: A deeper shade of blue, as had Blue Ash for like twenty some years. Lee Zerwonka was one hell of a councilman for like twenty years in Blue Ash, and he lost to a nobody because the nobody, the guy's I think last name was friend, was endorsed by the Democratic Party of Blue Ash that now controls Blue Ash and a nobody seventy two year old guy it's been to one or two council meetings in his life, being a twenty one year veteran Milwonkee in Blue Ash. Also, there were two trustees in Anderson Township that lost, but once put the right spin on things by saying Green Township, Tony Rosiello, etc.
Speaker 3: Did well.
Speaker 1: There were little pockets of okay behavior, but the citizens get what we deserve. So in the city of Cincinnati, this was the election defunding the police, judges, letting criminals out on low or no bonds, open air drug use, gun play in the streets. The citizens, the voters of Cincinnati says, we like that, give us more. And I've heard some of my cynical friends say, well, you know what, they're all Democrats shooting other Democrats. I said, well, I care about those Democrats. I don't want to get shot.
Speaker 3: I know now.
Speaker 1: And then I go to Peppin Dolores. I'm not going back to peppin Dolores. It's too dangerous. I know Peppin Dolors and now I was having some financial problems too. Is owners are suing each other according to the inquir I think Peppin Dolores is a fine restaurant, but you can't be in a fine restaurant area when bullets are flying through your window.
Speaker 3: That's a negative.
Speaker 1: So if the voters don't want to improve their own lives, why should you? And I care about ten twelve percent. Some of my listeners live in the city of Cincinnati. So if they don't care to improve their own community by having diversity when it comes to political opinions. Let them still in their own juices. Many have said so, the murder of Patrick Herringer, the hundreds of kids that have been shot, the tens of thousands of bullets flying around, a terrible school system.
Speaker 3: And I listened this morning.
Speaker 1: The superintendent was almost sloany, and I think she appears to be a darling woman doing her best under impossible circumstances. But when people like Liz Keating and Chris Smitherman can't get a sniff to go back on council, it's a problem. That doesn't mean, you know, popularity is this doesn't mean you're right, and being right doesn't mean you're popular. I think those of us who express opinions like this, I'm right and they're wrong, but they're popular. Cincinnati is now no different than Chicago or Saint Louis or Memphis, or Republicans or anything other than non Democrats can't get elected, which is why the Cleveland Browns are moving out of the downtown core. They're going to move to southern, southern Kihok County. And it's not good. It's bad, perhaps worse in Cincinnati. There's going to be higher taxes to pay for all these programs of the mayor that don't work. There's gonna be higher crime. We're gonna have judges on the bench now that we're not sentenced criminals to jail.
Speaker 3: The schools are gonna get worse.
Speaker 1: Government services, a campaign is run by the mayor to talk about collecting the snow, they're gonna get worse. And there's going to be a drop in available housing units and additional expenses. Affordable housing doesn't mean spending four to five thousand dollars a month in rent. And there's going to be a brain drain from the city of Cincinnati, similar to what's happening New York City and what's happening in New Jersey. People are simply leaving. And one of the shocking things was not just the election in Virginia of a guy named Jay Jones who wanted to put bullets in the head of his political opponent and watch his political opponents children dye in their mother's arms. Jay Jones, he tweeted those things out two years ago, is now the chief enforcement officer in the state of Virginia, and he's fantasizing about the murder of Republicans with bullets in their head. So as a Republican most of the time, as a great American, or if you're a business owner, if you're a restaurant owner, if you work, if you're delivering food one of the delivery services, you're a hard worker. Maybe you're a good teacher or a loving parent, or a patriotic American to fly the American flag. The place to be is not New York City or Los Angeles or Cincinnati. It's in the suburbs. Some of my cynical friends say, just let Cincinnati burn and we can watch with binoculars and go ooh and ah as the city goes right down the crap or get some popcorn. Don't put me in that category. The city is worth saving, but the citizens have got to work somehow to save themselves. The first thing to say if a person has a difficulty, the first thing to say if a person has a problem is number one.
Speaker 3: You got to save yourself. You know, when you're in a.
Speaker 1: Plane, when the flight at tenants say, if something happens, put your mask on yourself first, then help others. And that's the case. The city must save itself. And the city doesn't mean that doesn't seem to care. In fact, they're talking about more of the same, So there'll be more shootings, more killings, more open air drug use, more graffeity, more homelessness, higher cost because that's what people voted for. And one of the other sicker aspects is what happened in New York City. New York City has the largest Jewish community outside of Israel.
Speaker 3: It's about eight hundred thousand.
Speaker 1: They just elected a man who openly celebrates wars of genocide launched against Jews, refuses to criticize what happened in October the seventh. And there's another group that he put together called Jews for Racial and Economic Justice posted videos in which four rabbis encouraged fellow Jews to vote for Ma'mdani that he possesses the acaim to make housing affordable.
Speaker 3: No, he doesn't.
Speaker 1: Housing is collapsing literally in New York City. I have a story from New York Times that federal authorities have taken over the housing Authority in New York City because it is so poorly run. It's unbelievable. Every socialist in history has failed, and he will be no different. But to bring about your own demise by encouraging the election of a mayor when he supports Hamas who wants to kill Jews, is particularly despicable. So you know, I often say, we get what we deserve. And right now the city of Cincinnati has gone hard left, like it's not in its entire history. I had hopes and thoughts that one or two dissonant voices, diversified voices would get on council, especially Smitherman or list Keating, and it simply was not to be because their name were not on the blue Golden ticket to election. Ryan James might be a nice guy, but he has no clue what he's doing. He's the newest council member, and I'm always suspicions of mail and vout mail in balloting and voting and how that goes. So what can be done? Well, do you give up not this great American? Do you say, Okay, we lost a popularity contest, therefore my principles don't apply anymore. Boy, I don't think so. I don't think so. So I want to have hope. Three principles of Charlie Kirk where God family in America? Do those principles still apply? If you want, If you listen to Mom Donnie yelling for forty five minutes last night. You heard none of those principles whatsoever. It's about what e purbus unum. From many, there's one, From one, there's many, And New York City's become a hodgepodge of those that remain when functioning Americans have left. And if you're a police officer in the city of Cincinnati, the message was sent to you that your cares and concerns will not be those of the mayor and the city manager. That the police and the firefighters are demoralized, thinking, okay, it's going to get worse, not better. When the police union issued a vote of no confidence against have to have Peer of All, the idea was maybe that would have some measurable impact when law enforcement says this guy's not doing the job. Not only did the voter say you're wrong. Instead of getting eighty two percent of the vote, Pure of All got seventy eight percent of the vote, So I guess it was worth four points, but no more than that. And still only twenty five percent of the elector had voted twenty five percent. And in Congress, the President had a little powwow this morning with the Republicans. Two weeks ago they put up a stand alone mission, stand alone, we got to pay air traffic controllers in TSA. And I watched this morning. Air traffic controllers were on the CNBC squawk box and they're braking right now. They said, within a week or two, the air traffic system in this country will be irretrievally broken. And so two weeks ago, the Republicans put up a standalone bill, stand by itself, pay air traffic controllers slash TSA.
Speaker 5: You know what.
Speaker 1: The Democrats did, No, don't pay them. So they put up a stand alone bill on SNAP and foodstand the EBT cards. Just do that and that alone. Democrats said, no, we want hungry, we want planes falling out of the sky because it's more chaos, and that fits the election, which was yesterday. Then they put up a standalone measure, let's pay the military.
Speaker 3: What happened.
Speaker 1: John Thune from South Dakota put it up, stand alone, just by itself. Democrats know, Democrats do not want to pay SNAP benefits. Democrats don't want to pay the military, and Democrats don't want to pay TSA air traffic controllers stand alone measures, just pay them, and Democrats said, no, we need chaos. In order to win at the ballot box. Was some perceived they did win at the ballot box. Now what will happen, Well, it's not good in the city of Cincinnati. There will be more crime, more open air drug use, more debaucherous misbehavior, more Patrick herringers, There'll be more kids are going to be shot, There'll be more murders than twenty thousand shots will become thirty thousand shots. And business owners like Pepin Dolores and others, a fine restaurant is in trouble and they know it. The owners are suing each other, according to the inquiry because of all the capitol calls. That means we need money to keep the business operating. That's all bad. So we get the government we deserve and away we go. Let's continue with more. Stay tuned. If you want to hear from a young man who is energized by this is Gabe Guderini. He's the Dayton Turning Point, USA Field Representative University of Dayton will be here, the flyers and hopefully, hopefully America will wake up before it's too late, and it is getting late. When Jews and Rabbis in New York City urge that a Muslim fanatic who supports a moss becomes the mayor. We got problems When the chief law enforcement official in the state of Virginia wants to put two bullets in the head of his political opponent and watch the opponent's children die in their mother's arms. We got problems, be goes. Being right doesn't mean you're popular, and being popular doesn't mean you're necessarily right.
Speaker 3: Twelve fifty five.
Speaker 1: Home of Era Bengals is Radio seven hundred WW by Billy Cunning him the Great American. Of course, the murder, the assassination of Charlie Kirk has shaken the nation to some extent, maybe not as much as all of us would like, because it appears that about one third of the American people consider that to be a good thing, believe it or not. In fact, there's a new an NBC News poll that one third of self identified Democrats one third say political violence is sometimes necessary against some political opponents.
Speaker 3: That's one third.
Speaker 1: That's tens of millions of people who kind of think political violence might be acceptable. Jonan You and I Now is Gabe Guiderini. He is the field representative for Turning Point USA here in Ohio, and Gabe, Welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show. And first of all, before we got onto the politics of the day, can you tell me the impact and the effect that the murder I call him the same Paul in the twenty first century Charlie Kirk had on the movement as at this point about six weeks out.
Speaker 6: Well, it's just been and thank you for having me on. It's just spending an incredible, you know, moment for the whole team. It's been a really tough two months for the whole team. And really what we've been trying to do ever since what happened on September tenth is to try to ignite something in people from what Charlie started, to help his memory live on. And that's what I believe we're going to be working to do, especially in the run up to twenty twenty six, and especially after what happened last night, especially for young people like myself. It was hugely impactful what happened. It was it was a huge wake up call, and I think that there needs to be more of a message translated to more young people and more people of all age groups about what happened and about what this means for the country because we saw what happened last night with Jay Jones, who fantasized about murdering a Republican lawmaker and his children. We saw what that meant for. You know, he didn't face any consequences for it. So we have to message better. We're going to continue to fight for what Charlie built, and we're going to continue to try and live up to his legacy.
Speaker 1: Oh, Jay Jones. That just briefly, Jay Jones said things like three people. I only have two bullets. I have my political opponent, a guy named Gilbert. I got Adolf Hitler, and I got Paul Pott. That means the Republican gets two shots in the head, and that means Hitler and Pole Pott must live. He also talked about watching his political opponent's children die in their mother's arms. And most of the pundits said about Jay Jones in Virginia, you know what that guy's done. Not only did he win, he won by four percentage points, and so political assassinations are acceptable and rhetoric concerning them to a chunk of the Democratic Party today and to me, of all the results of Mom Donnie winning in New York City and Mikey Cheryl winning in New Jersey. Those weren't shocks. But when the chief law enforcement officer two years ago, when he was in the General Assembly in Virginia talks about murdering your political opponent and watching his children die in their mother's arms as two kids, almost I mean, I don't know what to say. Was that a shock to you more than anything else?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was a shock, And I didn't really realize that we had come to this point until now. You know, a lot of people have been talking about how radical the left has become and how radicalized the Democratic Party has become. We kind of saw it a lot after September tenth, with the reaction that a lot of them had, which was very vile to Charlie Kirk's assassination, but we didn't really think that it would translate to votes Democratic Party. And in many ways, it's really you know, it can draw a lot of pessimism to the point where we now recognize that in many cases the time for debate has ended, and in many in many you know, in many ways, what we're seeing right now is that they're not looking to have a debate with us, They're not looking to understand our position. They're focus on vitriol. They're focused on vitriolic rhetoric, and they believe, and many of them do believe, that Republicans already are an inherent threat to their life and there's no reasoning with that. You cannot talk about taxes and you know, all the actual issues that Republicans campaign on to people with that type of mentality, Republicans have to dig in. And this is what Turning Point Action has been doing. I work for Turning Point Action, which is the five one four electoral wing of Turning Point. We're not focused on debating the left. We're focused on beating them in elections and swamping the ballot boxes with voters who are fed up with what's going on with Democratic politicians across this country. And we're just going to keep doing it, and we're going to build up more to infrastructure so that we can get more people out to vote. Republicans are just not enthused to vote when Trump isn't on the ballot in the same way that the Democrats are fixated on every single person who has a Democrat label by their name. And this is kind of the Republican parties. You know, we're kind of honorable to a fault. Right Republicans they pick and choose their candidates. They care a lot about the quality of their candidates. Democrats will vote for any vile, vitriolic person with a D by their name at the ballot box. We have to make sure that our voters know who's on the ballot, what's its stake every single election cycle, and that takes turnout. And when Trump is on a ballot, we have to build the infrastructure to be able to get good people out to vote. That's what we're focused on doing.
Speaker 1: Gab Guinnerini. The turning point USA Field Rep. When someone like Mom, Donnie and I don't know if you're up late, but I'm kind of a newsgeek and I watched the whole thing last night. He's yelling and screaming at large numbers of New Yorkers in New York City attacking Donald Trump from New York City. I watched our mayor have to have peerival.
Speaker 3: Much of his.
Speaker 1: Speech was all about Donald Trump. Donald Trump is satan andcarnate. He's the boogeyman. They run against him in the city of Cincinnati. They run against Donald Trump. And the fact that Donald Trump's half brother was on the ballot, meant that Donald Trump was.
Speaker 3: On the ballot.
Speaker 1: And the only way we can win is a Republican democracy is to have and informed electorate that understands past the hype that the Republican Party stands with the three things Early Kirk believed in above all else. Number one is God Almighty. Number two is family, and number three is America. Those are the three things. And you seldom here about God, the family, and America when you have liberal Democrats talking about the greatness of our country, Mom, Donnie did not talk about God, did not talk about family, did not talk about America except what people can suck out of the system. And so when, for example, about two weeks ago, the Senate Republicans put up a standalone bill to get rid of the shutdown. Okay, you don't want to continue a cr which is Biden spending, All right, let's just put the work air traffic controllers in TSA. Just that group. The Democrats said, no, keep the air traffic controllers out of the skies. Number two. They put on a standalone bill funding food stamps. Let's fund SNAP. Democrats said no, We're not going to fund SNAP. And then they put up a standalone bill, let's pay the military. You would think Democrats would say in the Senate, Yeah, we gotta pay the MILLI now the Democrats said no. They're in the business of inflicting as much pain as possible upon the American people, hoping the American people not being informed. We'll blame Donald Trump when the Democrats vote against funding the military.
Speaker 3: Can you smell when I'm cooking?
Speaker 4: I can, indeed.
Speaker 6: And a big part of that is because historically the Democrats have had more money than the Republicans, and the Democrats are the ones being funded right now. You know, this isn't the old days of the country Club GOP. The Democrats are the party that were the financial drive. The financial machine of the party is being driven by our nation's richest billionaires and it's powering their financial machine. It's keeping them going in a big way. And Republicans, we may not have the financial advantage right now, but what we do have is the advantage in that we have more people who truly believe in what we say. We have more people who are actual god fearing patriots in this country who believe what we say and believe in the ideals that made this country great and in the ideals that Charlie Kirk believed. Then we just have to tap into that. They don't have people. You know, here in Ohio, for instance, like half the majority of the counties in Ohio don't even have a functioning Democratic party apparatus at the county level. Every county in Ohio has a Republican party apparatus. We need to tap into our manpower, and our manpower is not It doesn't need a financial machine to drive it. It just needs passion and enthusiasm and training. And that's what Turning Point Action is trying to do. We need to make sure that we can turn these people into soldiers for their neighborhoods and help make sure that they're able to get their neighbors out to vote and inform them about what's going on. That takes building up a lot of infrastructure to make sure that that happens.
Speaker 1: And gab a lot of work lies. The midterm is going to be critical. If, for example, the House of Representatives turned into the hands of a king Jefferies, there goes to Trump agenda. It's over with. Here comes all the impeachment bills. It will continue and God forbid if they take the Senate also and they have the presidency, then it's going to be Puerto Rico is going to be a state, Washington, d C.
Speaker 3: Is going to be a stake.
Speaker 1: They're going to have fourteen justices on the US Supreme Court. The Democrats will get rid of the filibuster as soon as they can, and it's a consequence. The country is going to be completely different than it is today. But lastly, I'll give you one another atlantidote. I got a call from Turning Point USA person in Miami University close to you. You're in Dayton, but this is in Butler County largely, and they had five and six people coming to their meetings about six months ago. Now they had five or six hundred. Have you notice on college campus as a yearning and desire here in Ohio to have a functioning Turning Point USA and to turn these minds of mush college kids into marching soldiers. Have you noticed the difference and where the interest level.
Speaker 6: The interest level is suit of the roof. I mean, ever since September tenth and what happened to Charlie Kirk, young people are just fired up and they're seeing what's happening. They're seeing the direction in which this is heading. And even you know, here's the thing. Before September tenth, I would say a majority of college students on my campus, which is the University of Dayton, are you know, lean to conservative. They lean towards the political right on the issues. They were you know, they didn't like the Democrats. They don't really like you know, Biden. They didn't really like what was going on with Kamala Harris, but they were apathetic. They were more focused about, you know, doing what college students do. But ever since September tenth, what has happened is these young people on our campuses have woken up in a big way. They're starting to realize this is where our country's headed. And I may be, you know, these people may be in college now, they may be you know, just doing the college things, you know, trying to enjoy the experience. But they're realizing when they're out of college, what's going to happen if the country is on the track that it's on right now, if the left is on the rhetorical track that they are right now, and they're really concerned about it, and they're starting to wake up in a big way. They're realizing we have to do something about this now or else as soon as we're out of college, we're not going to have an enjoyable life to live, let alone our kids and grandkids. So that's really what's driving it and the amount of growth that turning point USA chapters across the state and College Republican chapters. I'm chairman of the Ohio College Republican Federation as well. We have twenty two chapters across the state. What these campus organizations are seeing is rapid growth, and it's really you know, the important thing is just to not just get people in the room, but also to activate those students to be able to make that difference in their friend groups and their communities and their neighborhoods at the ballot box. It's not just about bringing people into a room, it's about equipping them with the tools and knowledge necessary to be able to go out and make that difference outside of the chapter.
Speaker 3: Well, Gabe, that's what we're trying to do.
Speaker 1: Jame gourney Reny, I got to get your website. But it's about God, family and America and seldom on Democratic Party functions, you see a lot of those activities, hopefully in a Republican and if you capture some kid eighteen or twenty three years old committed to the calls, more likely to stick with it. Gabe, what is the what is your website? If college kids are others listening around the tri State would like to be in touch.
Speaker 6: For Turningpoint USA, which is our five o'h one C three with the campus chapters. It's TPUSA dot com. I work for Turningpoint Action, which is the electoral wing that is tpaction dot com. And we work with the Republican Party. We do the ballot chasing.
Speaker 1: And too good luck to you and full you think it's over, it's gonna none. The Democrats are doing the Macarina right now. And for a Democrat to win in New York City or Virginia or New Jersey or California, it's not startling and surprising that they wanted to moralize people like you to think, Okay, you've lost, we won. Know your role. Shut your mouth, Gabe, go back to the books. Forget about the organizing college kids. Because the days of God and family and faith are done. That's the message that they want to give to you. And I sense you have not received. You may have received that message, but you push back against it.
Speaker 6: Correct, absolutely have. Their celebrations are going to be short lived. We're going to come back with a vengeance.
Speaker 3: God willing, God bless America.
Speaker 1: All right, Gabe Guiderini, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show the day after the election, and we'll talk later. And God bless you, and God bless America, and God bless the family of Charlie Kirk.
Speaker 6: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: God bless, God bless you all. Let's continue with more and if a line ever becomes available five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand, Bill Cunningham News Radio, seven hundred WW because.
Speaker 7: As we all know, elections matter and when folks vote, they order what they want, and in this case, they got what they asked for.
Speaker 8: Hello, I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 1: So you had something to say about Scott Sloan. Is that I didn't I see something. She's going to run again for president. Yes, she got about as much chance as me. Please run again. But let's go on to Scott Sloan and his pet below the water. That's true, Willie.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 9: I was absolutely mystified today when when Scott Sloane called you the al golden of elections because everybody you backed yesterday went down hard hard.
Speaker 3: Can I respond to that?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: Go ahead? I mean it's it's a reflection of the Trumpster, right. Can I respond to that?
Speaker 3: Go right ahead? What what is he? Can I respond under that? Go ahead?
Speaker 1: My record of picking winners is pretty damn good, I would say so.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 1: When you have an electorate in an urban area doesn't care about schools, drug use, shootings on the city streets, blood running against the curbs, you have violence running a muck.
Speaker 3: I love that word, a muck.
Speaker 1: And the Democratic voters in Cincinnati don't care. R Houston, We've got a problem what you got. But one thing I did say, the Deer Park Community School Levy was critically important. It was like sixty to forty yes, because it costs twenty dollars a month more in order to keep There's only two buildings there. There's Amity, which is the grade school. Then there's a high school junior and senior. And now it's well funded the top ten school districts in Hamlin the county, and the test scores are through the roof, athletics are near the top. It's a walkable community. The students pay attention. They walk on one side the other side of the hallway during classes. It is a great place to go, and I earn and I'm glad that was the big one. Now, this other charge of one Scott Sloan to compare me with Al Golden is really not accurate, true, because I'm not going to get fired anytime soon. No fact is Sloan he's never complimented me for all the right things that I've done and endorsed. I will not accept his non endorsement and the torpedoes below the water line criticizing the Great American for my selections, which turned out to be quite poor.
Speaker 9: Will he the st reporters of proud service of a local Temestar heating and air conditioning dealers. Temestar quality you can feel in Cincinnatikos Schmid Heating and Cooling five one three five three one sixty nine hundred or what. And I think it's supposed to have snow flurries or snow showers on Monday, that's right, So you better call and get the heat.
Speaker 1: To get torn Star right now with Andy Buker, it's I got twenty six degrees.
Speaker 3: Let's see, will he Red's Update.
Speaker 9: Get the latest on the Reds tonight and baseball on the twenty twenty five debut of the Hot Stove League Classic six oh five here on seven hundred WLW with Tommy T and Jimmy D their special guests with he Reds manager Terry Francona.
Speaker 3: I like that he's doing a great job with the team.
Speaker 4: We have to get right now.
Speaker 9: I think it's up for right yes, bed Online. According to Lance bed Online, who he? I guess he bets a lot. Free agency begins tomorrow in baseball, Kyle Schwarber odds of getting Kyle Schwarber eight the Reds at five to two. I mean, I mean like five to two, or yeah, Mets three to one, or the Phillies Cubs four to one. What about Yanks five to one? What about the Phillies? They're not I didn't look. The Reds not up They're not up there with the Reds pyroll twenty million.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's probably gonna get forty million a year. I don't know, is that right? Thirty gofund me. The Reds have twelve players that are eligible for arbitration. I'll tell you yes or no in each one Brady Singer yes, Nick Lodolo yes, TJ. Friedele yes, Spencer Steer yes, Tyler Stevenson yes, Gavin Lux yes.
Speaker 3: Matt McClain, go to the next one.
Speaker 1: Will Benson yes, Sam mal no, Graham Ashcraft, go to the next one. I said, what about Matt McClain. I just said, Matt McClean, But what do you say? I don't know they're gonna pay either that or gonna He's gonna make more than he ever did. Is he had a good career. He could have signed for sixty million dollars for five years. Oops. Let's see, will the Bengals up? They brought to you my goods.
Speaker 9: Oh wait a minute, we got the the Reds have announcer spring training schedule. I guess they played the Indians on Uh, let's see February twenty four of on a Saturday, February twenty first, the Reds Cactus League schedule begins, uh, Saturday afternoon against the Cleveland Guardians.
Speaker 3: You can't say Indians segment.
Speaker 9: Then they got a Then they got a home game on Sunday versus the Mariners.
Speaker 3: What about the Indians? What about the marri plate they play?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 9: What about the Guardians. They only play the Guardians once once? What twice?
Speaker 4: Three?
Speaker 9: No, this is in the spring. They also have a home game on February fourth against Cuba. Eh, I guess they're traveling. They're traveling around to they're they're they're coming here.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't go to Cuba if how was the Reds.
Speaker 9: No, not with a Cuban missile crisis upon we got the socialist Bengals are off now, will you till let's see the bye week. They're off until Sunday, Bengals, So let's see what else Ohio State number one team into first rankings released by the College Football Playoff Selection Committee.
Speaker 3: What about UC?
Speaker 9: Indiana two, Texas A and M three, Notre Dame is ten, Louisville fifteenth?
Speaker 3: What about UC?
Speaker 1: They're not in it? What about Shamar Stewarts from Texas A and M from tam.
Speaker 9: Well, he's got about as much as many tackles as I do. Here's the guy that Bengals out to look at. Senior linebacker from the UC bearcatch Jake Golday Golden, he leads the Big twelve with eighty tackles this season.
Speaker 3: Go get him.
Speaker 1: I think that's more than the entire defense has had so far.
Speaker 3: Get him.
Speaker 1: Shamar Stewart's on track to equal his production in college.
Speaker 9: Also high school sports, Congrats to Seaton, They're going to play for the Division one state championship Saturday. Anthony Wayne got By Anderson. What about Madeira, Baden's gonna play for the state title Saturday? The Rams, Summit Country Days going through a three peat, and the Amazons of Madeira go for.
Speaker 1: A state title Saturday. They had out Anchorage Fairbanks two to one. Kenzi will bring them in if they win. Matsudo, correct, ken Zy, We'll bring them in. And I think next next week we're through the Mason Tennis. You told me Wednesday it was the Mason Tennis.
Speaker 9: Ohio boys soccer semi finals tonight. Good luck to Saint X, the home of Rocky Boyman, Kings Maje, Rams, Rams, Wyoming and Summit Country Day.
Speaker 1: What about Lakota turning down to half a billion dollar school? Levy dror Park passed those easily because of Chris Euster and Peggy Boss and Jim Stall and Harry Yeagy. Yeah, and all of a sudden, Lakota having a little half a billion dollars, They got money problems out there, then we all ought to be concerned. Half a billion for a bunch of schools.
Speaker 9: Let's see Major League Soccer announcing the FC Cincinnata's Evander named to the twenty twenty five MLS Best Eleven, recognizing the top players at each position. He is a midfielder, so he's on the special group along with Messi Messy and it's it's a winner go home Saturday.
Speaker 4: Will he?
Speaker 1: You know what happens o'clock? I got Jeff Burning on Friday to talk about Columbus Crew v our beloved orange and Blue. Twenty shots on goal in the second game in Columbus won by Cincinnati, nineteen by the Crew and four what in the net? We're talking team that's good. Have one shot on goal? They got to get the crew man. They got to I think the Crew might have their number.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Have they beaten the Crew when it mattered?
Speaker 1: I don't think. So we're gonna check it out.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Are you remedy.
Speaker 9: Somebody's got to be a winner in this town, somebody, somebody, and and FC Cincinnati's it because the Bearcats don't play Saturday. They got a bye week and the Bengals have a bye week at the same time.
Speaker 3: Impossible.
Speaker 1: Thank you, so really this this weekend is going to be a little.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we got Bears basketball Friday. Everybody plays Friday. Xavier plays Lemoyne, Lemoyne, Lamoyne like a Legionaire's disease.
Speaker 1: What is that? I think they're balley based out of out East Lemoyne. I never heard of Lemoyne. But by the way, I'd add a little bit of glory. Sean Miller and his debut for the Texas Longhorn Meat by the Dookies got drilled in the Dicky v Classic. My good friend Jimmy Packer was another one that I love that guy. But nonetheless, the uh, nobody at Xavier wishes Sean Miller well any more than the faithful that you see like Brian Kelly or Notre Dame doesn't care much for Brian Kelly because of what he did to the Fighting Irish. And now Brian Kelly is gone, and the speculation is he's not going to get another job of any note. He's he'll probably end up on TV like everybody else. He's not very good on TV. Well, not like Tony Pike. I think Tony Pike's future is he's still working here, by the way, Yes, I think his future is in television. He's an attractive young man. I like Tony Pike, me too, from Ready should have won the Heisman that year. Sean Miller, What about Sean Miller?
Speaker 3: What about him?
Speaker 1: Is it Texas?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Good luck to him. Really.
Speaker 1: I do not wish him personal ill whatsoever, but I hope he fails at basketball.
Speaker 3: That's my point.
Speaker 1: And see, there were many in Xavier who took a risk on him to bring him back the Victory Parkway. And when he left, he did not call the one or two important people that caused his reclaiming from the garbage jump of coaching after he had his problems in Arizona. That's an outreach. Didn't call the one or two guys that made it possible for him to return. He simply snuck out of town late at night, like the Colts going to Indianapolis. And all I can say is I wish him fine as a person, but as a coach. I don't like the disloyalty that Brian Kelly and Sean Miller showed to the faithful that UC Notre Dame and Xavior. Do you agree, Yeah, you do agree, you do. Now, coming up after two o'clock today, we scheduled Jungle Jim and the mayor of Fairfield. How about that. That's pretty good. They're going to be here because Joe Nusall's second home was Fairfield. He was hamiled to Joe, but he lived in Fairfield. So I want to support fair Jungle Jim, so you can get anything there. I mean from A to z Bnano's out. They say his name jungle Jo. I call him Jungle Jim.
Speaker 9: He got that monorail out. We get that monorail all the way around that out, A ride all the way around two seven before.
Speaker 1: You want to ride on that with me? Wait to go up there. I do that that there would be like some scene from some cartoon, you and me up there together. Yeah, say give me out of the student's report, please.
Speaker 3: Willie and honor of a beautiful day here in the tri State.
Speaker 1: But before you proceed, there were rumors yesterday that you could not find your pulling place in Middle Tucky.
Speaker 3: We found it, the home of Colics, right next to our house. You found it. You went looking for it and it was next door. Yeah, now that is stupid. This it was it's fifty days till Christmas.
Speaker 1: What about Red's pitchers and catchers?
Speaker 4: Ho?
Speaker 1: Ho one hundred and forty one days still opening? What about Bengals in the draft? The three and six I'll ask you a question before you continue. Let's say Joe Burrow can come back. It's the middle of December and the Bengals record is four and nine. Yeah, do you let Joe Burrow play anymore? He's gonna he's gonna get hurt again.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's the CAF. The Bengals will. Yeah, he's gonna play. He's gonna play. Yeah, he's gonna.
Speaker 9: I'm gonna get ready for another, get ready for next year. But I'll tell you one thing. I wish we had the uh wish we had the picks that Jets are gonna have.
Speaker 1: They got three first rounds next year, about three second's their own.
Speaker 9: They got four all and then they got three first round picks.
Speaker 3: They got them all and four In twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 1: South Gardner goes in the bottom of the top from the Outhouse to the White House, You're not kidding, goes to the Jets, to the to the Colts. Yep, not bad a segment. Please continue, It's all I got. You haven't got me out of this.
Speaker 9: We leave you with the immortal words of the Stood Report.
Speaker 10: At some point, the foolishness has got to stop.
Speaker 1: When you're having him on again, talk to him about once a week. Oh okay, it's just going to make sure that communication is still there. What about the city? Yeah?
Speaker 3: What about the future? Supreme Allied and commander.
Speaker 10: Deeply disappointed at where we are tonight.
Speaker 1: He kind of wished the City of Cincinnati would use his services more, the services and instill to use him more. Don't you justice? Joe No No? Who Liz Keating the Dwight D. Eisenhower of Butler County, Richard K. Jones Bingo, who said he wants to take over the city and rule it for ninety days to get it back in order. Plus this morning I ran into my friend Dwight Tillery and I told Dwight, the former mayor of Cincinnati, your noted for one thing.
Speaker 3: You know what it is?
Speaker 1: He calls me, Yeah, we're down the hallway and says, would you like to have James Brown on? I said the broadcaster. He said, no, the Godfather. He brought me Sole brother number one. He brought me James Brown on news radio seven hundreds by Billy Cunningham, the great American. Of course, Fairfield, Ohio is one of the great communities in the Tri State. Run with an iron fist by Mayor Mitch Rhotis. He had a special event a couple of nights ago for Jim Montomineo, who's the owner of Jungles. Jim, and first of all, Mayor Mitch Rhotis, welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show. And first of all, Mayor, what kind of event was scheduled a couple of nights ago. How did it go? Give me a full report?
Speaker 11: Hey, well, thank you for having us on the show. It was a great event. We had about one hundred and seventy five people there. We invited a lot of jim friends from grade school up to college and they came and roasted him, and we had plenty of material. As you can imagine, he gives us plenty of material. So it was a great night, a lot of fun. And I don't know that he actually got embarrassed at all, because these stories went on and on and on. So I think the statute of limitations had expired on most of them, So we're good.
Speaker 1: You know, before I talked to Jungles, Jim, can you give me some perspective, Mayor, how does Fairfield, Ohio a great community? Am I to ed the home at Joe Nuxall and some of other great great stuff? How do you view the difficulties in the city of Cincinnati as far as the crime, the open air drug use as a mayor of another smaller city, how do you reflect upon that?
Speaker 11: Hey, you know, we're really blessed up here in Fairfield. We don't have anything like that. You know, we enjoy Jungle being a part of our organization, you know, the city. Anywhere in the state I go, I mentioned Jungle gyms and everybody brings it up. He's a major fixture in our city and we love him having him here. He's growing constantly. If you haven't been here, every time you come, it's a new thing to see. I recently brought a guy up from a I'm sorry from Chicago over the weekend for the football game and bought him over here, and it was two hours, and so I got to be here another two more hours.
Speaker 4: So we love Jungle.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, the city of Fairfield.
Speaker 5: That we don't have any of those issues up here.
Speaker 1: All right, let me talk to Jungle Jim Bottom Minio and Jim, I've read some of your story about the fruit stand.
Speaker 3: Let's go back in the beginning. How did you begin before?
Speaker 5: Before we do that, I want to go back to the mayor. Okay, as I want to knock on wood. He says, there's no crime over here. I'm superstitious. I'm on knockout woods.
Speaker 4: I like to see how the politicians kurt the issues.
Speaker 5: He went right around that he did.
Speaker 1: But you know, politicians very good on avoiding. It's it's a dodge, it's a duck. It was very good at ducking dodge and not answering the question. He's good about.
Speaker 5: This was a beautiful They could talk for forty five minutes and you could talk to.
Speaker 4: Somebody to what he say.
Speaker 5: I don't know what good you're going to vote form you. I'm gonna vote for him.
Speaker 1: Now that's politics. I'm glad you're not in politics.
Speaker 3: Let's go back to.
Speaker 5: Oh no, no, talk to me. Could do that.
Speaker 1: I could talk for half and I bet you good.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about the history. Go back fifty some years, because many young people are listening. Concerned about the future. They don't know what's going to happen AI. You know, a jungle gym store is not really governed much by AI. So how did you have the vision? How did it begin? Tell the story of Jungle Jim over them.
Speaker 4: The greatest country.
Speaker 5: I started with absolutely positively nothing. I started a little shack. I took showers outside. If the police, the city of Hamilton, if they would have went by and they would have saw Sudds going on the sidewalk and somebody taken a shower outside, they probably would have locked me up, all right, than a gas station. This is the land opportunity. These young people take the damn field and play. Don't listen all these people saying, don't play, don't play, you take that damn field.
Speaker 1: So in the beginning, when you're telling me taking a shower outside selling fruit, and I'm thinking, how, what do you mean?
Speaker 3: Go ahead?
Speaker 5: No, what happened was every place I rented, all right? I read it to use Carlo. Okay, it's a real small little building. Most of it's blacked up because they're selling carts. So in a small building there was two offices, a bathroom and a little utility room. So we rented it, me and my roommate from college. He took one bedroom. I took the other. So we had a bathroom. So you got to take a shower, Yeah, I mean you got to take a bath. So I didn't know what to do. So we went outside in the back and we put two sheets apply with us, took the uh it, took the little pipe, you know, a little copper tubing with a little spray nozzle, and we took showers outside.
Speaker 1: Hmmm, I hope you got to do what you have to do, right, So how did it go from that to jungle gyms in east Gate and Fairfield? Tell me fifty years They had that big surprise party for you a few nights ago.
Speaker 3: Talk about slowly building the business.
Speaker 5: Well, wait a minute, I go back to another shower. I was over there at Marymont. Over there, right down the street from that was a burger king that big what was it, right down the main building for Burger Kings. I wanted to fresh proper, okay, Chris, Yeah, I was right down the street. I was right down the street. But there we rented a gas station, the same thing. Where do you take a shower? We took two of the bathrooms. We took one bathroom, ripped out the toilet and that's where we took showers. Lived in the gas station for two years.
Speaker 1: And when you were living in the gas station, what were you doing during the day.
Speaker 5: I was working, I was I was going down to the bottoms where the you know, where the stadiums are, pick up the produce. I'd put it in the truck, I'd drive it, drive it to Fairfield, I'd sell it. And then we had a little stand in Merrymont.
Speaker 4: We sold that Marrymont. And guess what happened the next.
Speaker 5: Day at five in the morning, I went down, bought the produce, sold the produce. Jack I guess what happened the next day, went down to the bombits and you always, you know, you always, you pay.
Speaker 4: A dollar, you want to sell.
Speaker 5: It for a dollar and a half, and you keep on going. And here we are fifty years later.
Speaker 1: Well, so you're in a service station fifty years ago. Now you have two locations, Eastgate and Fairfield. There had to be wins and losses, problems, fright, whatever it might be, over the past fifty years. Jim, was there some point in your career that you thought, boy, this ain't gonna make it. While you were going this ain't gonna work. Was there any point the last ten or twenty years you said I can't do this anymore.
Speaker 3: Did you ever do that?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: No, not not the last ten and twenty. When I first started out the last three four years, I would take everything, I'm telling you, all my business possessions. If I took it, put it on a tree lawn and put free on it and be still there the next day.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 5: So what I gave up, I was going to give up a couple of times because every year the money I made, i'd have to pay back just to open up, because they would kick me off the location. I'd have to go set up my shack someplace else. Until he came to Fairfield.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Fairfield was good. Fairfield.
Speaker 5: That was another street.
Speaker 1: Well when you came, Yeah, when you came to Fairfield fifty years ago, describe Route four in Fairfield fit.
Speaker 3: What did it look like fifty years ago?
Speaker 4: Oh? My god?
Speaker 5: You know what across was Major Fisherbody, all right, a monster. And I was right across the street from Fisherbody.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 5: I had my little shack, all right, And I remember one day I was spraying at Pea Green with a spray gun because we had to open up for the summer, you know. And I looked across the street and the guy told fish your body the windows. Everybody was waving, and I'm going, gee, this town is so friendly, you know. So I started waving back, and the guy starts running across the street to my dad. He said, hey, kid, turn off that damn spray gun. We got green speckles out our windows.
Speaker 4: I thought he was being friendly.
Speaker 5: That's your language, Jim, you're you're okay, Okay, I'm sorry I thought I I thought I.
Speaker 4: Was on.
Speaker 5: Bill O'Riley.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: Wage go ahead, okay, I'm double take.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna clean it up right now, all right, clean it up.
Speaker 1: If somebody had taken you from that point fifty years ago to today, you would have that would have been impossible, correct, Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean, I just every day it's a challenge. Every day I come here and I think to myself, what can I do to satisfy I talk to us, What can I do different?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 5: I'm still doing it right now. The only difference is I don't walk that past anymore. No, what's the future getting around the store.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, right, Jim, Jungle Jim. What's the future like in ten or twenty years from now? What do you see happening in jungle Jungle gyms?
Speaker 5: Well, I don't know. I hope it's still here.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: If I can't take it, I really don't know.
Speaker 4: You know what, I'll tell you something. I think you've got to live for yourself.
Speaker 5: I'm having a good time, whether it keeps on going or not, if someone.
Speaker 4: Else has a good time with it.
Speaker 5: It's all about business is so hard nowadays, you know, I don't have we want to get into all that. It's a huge challenge, tough. You need to love what you do to hit it. You need it, you've gotta love it.
Speaker 1: Mayor, Mayor Mitch Rhotis, let me ask you this, what is the economic impact of jungle gyms in Fairfield?
Speaker 11: Wow, it's pretty cool. You know there was a residual. He has sales tax, he has seven hundred employees that paper seven Yeah.
Speaker 1: I like that. Yeah.
Speaker 11: And and of course the residual that the people that come here and shop they shop elsewhere in the city. They go to restaurants, they go to other stores. Uh, it's got to be huge for us, huge for us. So you know we love Jungle, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I know it was.
Speaker 1: There was one event at the Oscar Events Center a few years ago. I went there and met a young politician named jd Vance who was being asked to go to the Butler County Lincoln Day dinner. And that's where I met jd Vance at the Oscar Event Center next door there attached your facility, and he was nervous. He said to me. He's written this book called Hillbilly Elergy. He said, I'm a little bit nervous. Would you mind instead of me giving a speech, would you mind sitting next to me unless the two of us just go back and forth on my book. Because you know I don't give a lot of speeches, I said. Jadvansaid, that's what you got to do. That goes better sometimes. Don't prepare a forty five minute speech. How about I'll read the book, I'll come up with some questions and answers. And that was the last time I'll go to the Oscar Event Center with him. I want to come back again. Segment wants to know, Jim, what about that monorail? Is it still operating?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's still operating.
Speaker 5: You could go from we have a bourbon bar on the other side of property.
Speaker 4: So big events so turned around and use it as.
Speaker 5: An after party before. So I'm like, they'll go sid the Oscar, then they'll go to the bourbon thing. Hey, you know you talk about Jad events. He was over the other day, called up and he wanted to shop, and he says, can I get in a little bit early? I said, yeah, we're here five in the morning. Come on, Zoe shopped.
Speaker 4: This and that.
Speaker 5: My god, the cars out there and the Secret Service and everything.
Speaker 4: It was loaded right.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The next day I'm supposed to meet it. People are coming up to me in Saint Geez to what I hear you got rated by ice? Got rded by Ice? What do you say about ice? I yeah, JD was just shopping. JD was shopping. You know, I say, I saved the I saved the receipt. In about another twenty years, I might sign.
Speaker 4: And release it.
Speaker 5: Well you know what, the files they were released, right, the files they won't leave.
Speaker 1: You got video of him shopping. You improve it. But I often say, Jim got it, I got it all.
Speaker 4: Baby.
Speaker 5: He gets to be president. That's my ticket.
Speaker 1: Well, I hope he's done here many many, many times. He loves his place. But you go there once, you want to go ten times. Well, Mayor, we got a run in Jungle. Jim Bonamineo. I hope you have fifty more years of service. It is a unique business. You're one of the stars of the tri State, starting as in the service station. Now you got a multi million dollar operation. It's tough today, but it's always been It's never been easy, Jim. It's always been difficult.
Speaker 4: But it's not easy now.
Speaker 5: No, but this is a great country. You young people. Take it. Oh, listen to all these people say you can't do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you did. And I say, if you can do it, anybody can do it.
Speaker 5: If I could do it, anybody could do it.
Speaker 1: All right, Mayor Rhodis, thank you, Jim Bonaminio, Jungle Jim's thank you very.
Speaker 5: Much, Thank you, Thanks Will, thank le Buddy, thank you.
Speaker 1: God, blessurell. Let's continue with more a little bit colorful in his language. Understand, Dave was able to catch two and that's about it. But nonetheless he's one of those characters reminds me like a Ted Gregory, or like a like a Jeff Ruby, something that's kind of unique. It's been around for fifty years. And I ran into Mayor Rhotis and said, I'm doing this surprise fiftieth party for Jungle Jim on a Wednesday, and I couldn't make it. But I said I can't make it. I'll tell you what. He's one of those characters that wears so well. And congratulations to his success and more. Let's continue and if line becomes available five one, three, seven, four, nine, twenty two Home of your Regin Bengals, Bearcats and Muskies. Here's Radio seven hundred. Wow, all right, let's continue. And I don't know if you saw the interview yet of Jesse Waters and Fox News with Erica Kirk, but it is startling the bravery encourage of the widow this woman. And she said to the authorities that she wanted to see her husband's body for the last time, as I'm sure many would have done in that circumstance. She has to spend some time alone with his body. You can imagine the condition it was in an hour an hour and a half after the murder. And she said that quote Charlie had this smirk on his face that smirk that smirked to me is that look of you thought you could stop what I built. You thought you could end this vision, this movement, this revival. You thought you could do that by murdering me. You have my body, but you don't have my soul. It's what she read the smirk as being. She also said in another interview that at the moment of his murder, he was welcomed by Jesus Christ as a good and faithful servant. Also, she addressed the fact that after the murder, her daughter is four years old and the son is still about two years old. Of tender years, but almost every night she sleeps with her children to comfort them, and that her daughter continues to ask, where's Daddy?
Speaker 3: Can I talk to him?
Speaker 1: And Erica Kirk said, well, just look up to the sky and start talking to him. You can hear him. It's always good. And I told her daddy, Daddy is in heaven with Jesus. She goes on to say, do you think I could visit him now? And Mom would say, baby, we'll all go there one day. We will all go there one day. And since her husband's assassination, Kirk said she refused to live in fear. She told Jesse Waters that I'm not afraid. Charlie wasn't afraid either. We never lived in fear. If we did, we wouldn't get any anywhere, get nothing done, quote unquote. When you look at the recitation of this by Erica Kirk and what she went through with a political assassination, assassination by someone on the opposite side of the political spectrum, it puts in perspective the idea that a person in Virginia who is now the Attorney General elect in the state of Virginia, Jones, has said two years ago that he wants to put two bullets in the head of his political opponent and watch his opponent's children die in their mother's arms.
Speaker 3: And when I read.
Speaker 1: The NBC News question, about one third of practicing Democrats would said that in some circumstances political violence is acceptable. It depends who the person is. So we having a violent time and the violence. My attitude is the violence must stop now. It cannot continue. But to have a woman as brave as Erica Kirk talk about seeing her husband's dead body and with that little smirk on his face, thinking you think you killed my movement? Not exactly you have my body, you don't have my soul. Let's quit talking about violence in political ways. Democrats do it quite often, trying to put bullets in the heads of Republicans. Hopefully, in the future, Democrats won't vote for such candidates. Two thirty Homie reads in Bengals News Radio seven hundred Wow.
Speaker 7: Good afternoon, Cincinnati. I have a proclamation from the desk of the Mayor. Be it proclaimed. Whereas the Cincinnati Bengals are headed to Burrowheads Stadium for their second.
Speaker 1: Consecutive AFC Championship game.
Speaker 7: Whereas that last year's game, the Bengals scored more points than the Chiefs, resulting in a Bengals victory and a Chief's loss.
Speaker 3: Whereas Joseph Lee Burrow, who's three and.
Speaker 7: Er against Mahomes, has been asked by officials to take a paternity test. It's confirming whether or not he's his father. Whereas all season long, Cincinnati has been on a path of destiny, fighting it out to overcome anyone who stands between them and a Super Bowl win.
Speaker 3: And Whereas Kansas.
Speaker 7: City is named after its neighboring state, which is, you know, just kind of weird. Now, Therefore, I have to have pure ball mayor of the City of Cincinnati, do hereby proclaim January twenty ninth, twenty twenty three, as they got to play US Day in Cincinnati, thank you.
Speaker 8: Oh hello, hello, hello, buyet and I'm skokes, I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 1: You voted.
Speaker 4: God.
Speaker 6: Hey, I've got some wise words for that Cincinnati mayor.
Speaker 1: No, your role is shut your mouth, you Joe Brody, that's our own. Jason Kelsey, the mayor is trying to be and he got and he got voted in, he got voted in, he got voted in landslide, Ryan slide. And a comment like that, well we call it the curse of the af tap the Fangles will never again go to the super Bowl or anywhere else. Would you agree as long as he's the mayor, could they go to the super Bowl this year? Those segments, soo, let me ask you this now, could they Oh wait a minute, he's going to be mayor for four years, four more years?
Speaker 3: What's next? The President of the United States?
Speaker 1: He wants to be US senator, governor and Secretary General of the un lemon Kearney is the next mayor because she's getting a little old. Hell, she's in her seventies, I think, But she's the top vote getterer, and people want you know what, you know what?
Speaker 9: And council didn't change nobody in one one one one.
Speaker 1: The eight incumbents. All incumbents were elected. The other Democrat was selected also Chris Smitherman and Liz Keating. Liz Keating got within ten thousand votes and Chris Smitherman got within thirteen thousand votes.
Speaker 3: So let me guess they lost in New York City.
Speaker 9: They lost here, they whateverwhere else for New Jersey it's all because towns.
Speaker 1: Who's that blame? Who gets t Trump? Blue ash too? Everywhere but Lakota, Lakota. They don't want to down hills for a half a billion dollars. What about the owls? Deer Park passes Levey because of Jimstall. No I had a small part, but Jim Stall, Chris Houster, et cetera. And the teacher's got it done. You know, teachers come to Deer Park. It's the Hotel California. Once she teach at Deer Park, you go nowhere else?
Speaker 4: Will he?
Speaker 3: The student reporters of Proud Service of your local Tame.
Speaker 9: Star Heating and air Conditioning Dealers Tame star quality you could feel in Cincinnati, cal Sheldon Braun at Braun Heating at five one, three, three, eight, five, seventy seven sixty five.
Speaker 1: What about Taytay? What about Tay Tay? I don't have an update.
Speaker 3: Is she pregnant?
Speaker 1: I have no idea. What about Jordan Hudson? What about her? She's pregnant?
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 9: Tommy Brenneman's got North Carolina this weekend. He'll see Cincinnati, He'll see Bill Bellis.
Speaker 1: About the past, nothing about the future, Tommy, Tommy asked the questions of Jordan.
Speaker 9: The Reds have announcer twenty twenty six spring training schedule. They'll open up the Cactus League schedule, please Saturday twenty first against those Guardians. They played Cuba on March fourth ahead of the World Baseball Classic.
Speaker 3: Where do they play Cuba in Havana?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: In Arizona?
Speaker 1: Good and two scrimmages count of won two scrimmages against the Brewers at Milwaukee just days before opening day March twenty third and twenty fourth. More to night on the Hot Stove League, starting at six oh five. Right here on seven hundred w weld you a special guest with Tommy t and Jimmy d will be manager. Terry Francona up for National League Manager of the Year.
Speaker 3: Will he win? I think he will me too.
Speaker 9: Pat Murphy, I mean the Brewers are good, but and I mean Rob Thompson and Philadelphia had a great year because of Schwarber and Harper and the pitchers.
Speaker 1: But fuy his way. As far as predictions, as far as above or below expectations, the Phillies performed below expectations. The Reds performed above expectations correct because the Phillies, you know, they had Nastale champs. They were going to be World Series all right. But the rest the meg of the playoffs for that little Red engine, that that was a he above.
Speaker 3: He performed above expectations.
Speaker 1: Amen.
Speaker 9: FC Cincinnati's Evander has been named to the twenty twenty five MLS Bets eleven squad.
Speaker 3: Is he related to Vander Hollyfield.
Speaker 9: As the league recognizes the top players at each position. Evander has produced an eighteen goals and fifteen assists so far this season. Winner go Home Saturday, Game three, first rout of the MLS Playoffs, TQL Stadium, the site, Columbus Crew, the the Orange and Blue.
Speaker 1: Well I have Jeff Birning on Friday to talk about to the faithful, because we need a professional team to win something.
Speaker 9: Would you agree, yes badly. Let's see high school sports. Let's see Seaton will play for the Division one soccer title Saturday, home in the st Let's see Anthony Wayne got by Anderson one, Nill Baden will go for a state title Saturday. Summit Country Day looks for a three peat Friday, and your Madera, Amazon's unbeatable go for a state title Saturday, edging out Fairbanks.
Speaker 3: They've won before, they can win again.
Speaker 9: Good luck tonight to the Ohio Boys State soccer semi finals. The Saint X King's Baden, Let's see Wyoming, the home of the Cowboys, and Summit Country Day are all going.
Speaker 1: For in the state semi finals. In soccer. I like Sean Miller losing a Xavior. I do not wish him well on the court. I wish him well off the court, but on the court because of what he did the Xavier that's a name that will live in infamy.
Speaker 3: But they lost by about what fifteen last night.
Speaker 1: To the Deduce and the Dicky v Classic and as Xaviers and Action against Le Moyne tomorrow night. What about UC It's a school out of Syracuse, New York.
Speaker 3: Could they get to the CFB? Who Bearcats?
Speaker 9: I don't know, they're not they're not in the rankings but college football rankings. But they're number twenty five in the nation. Well number one in your heart? How many teams make it as a twe Ohio state number one in the first rankings, Indiana two, Texas A and M three. Those are the unbeatens. Rocky Boyman's fighting irish or tenth. The Louisville Cardinals are fifteenth.
Speaker 3: So see what happens?
Speaker 1: I think if you see wins out and then goes to the Big twelve championship game, they'll probably be in there. Then then they're in right, and we got action? Remember the glory days of the Final four? U see football playing? Do they play Alabama role?
Speaker 4: Ted?
Speaker 1: I think?
Speaker 9: And the Bengals are in the Super Bowl. So much action going on. We couldn't even.
Speaker 3: Cod that ever happen again.
Speaker 1: Well, the Bearcats be in the Final four CFB and Bengals Bengals in the Super Bowl. No oh Laugham says, no, what which one is saying? Number sixty three? Dave I mean six. I think it was sixty. I'm sorry that the people are a dress. Announcers said sixty three. They're always right. I'm just saying that's a problem. Would you agree? We and so I don't know what we do from here, but as a group, we got some problems. And I'm looking at some of the thank you some of the experts talk about where is Kyle Swarb gonna go? Might add that Buster Olney does not have him and the top seven teams coming to the Reds.
Speaker 3: Let me guess he's picking the Yankees.
Speaker 1: Number one place to come. I think it is number one, he says, Philadelphia. He's staying number two. He says, the Mets number three, the Cubs number four, go back to Chicago. The Yanks are coming. Those are the four, of course, number five or the Dodgers, I said, Dodgers. Don't they have Freeman first base? I think I don't know.
Speaker 9: But you know, you know what, paying forty million to be at DH why not? Well, so what's coming to Well? What do you do with Otani? He doesn't play much in the field, except like.
Speaker 1: To go to that baseball The owners meet starting I think Monday someplace. I think they go to Vegas to meet Monday, the GM's and all that stuff. I like to walk in that room and say, gentlemen, how about revenue sharing fellas? No, no, don't start throwing tomatoes at you. How about how about Bryce Harper? How about some caps on salaries?
Speaker 3: Again?
Speaker 9: I guess the Chicago Cubs said they are not going after Kyle Turner.
Speaker 3: Or Tucker.
Speaker 9: Kyle Tucker, I mean he wants to He wants a deal at least worth three hundred million.
Speaker 3: What thank you?
Speaker 1: He didn't play the season, thank you. He wants at least three hundred mil. The Dodgers are interested, aren't they?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 9: But you know what that investment of shoey Otani. Wow, he's at seven hundred million and it's paid off because they've got advertising and all that stuff and merchandise of seven hundred plus million dollars.
Speaker 3: They're just they're just.
Speaker 1: Bathing in cash bags of cash out in Los Angeles. And Jay Billis has picked his top sixty eight teams in March Madness. Neither Xavier nor you see what is in the selection well.
Speaker 3: Figures and not Miami, not n KU, where's Kentucky?
Speaker 1: They're picked to finish twelfth be seated seed at the third or three or four of twelve or I don't know what to tell you, but it's gonna be a cry. Has there ever been a time with Xavier and U see repeatedly have not gone to the big show because it's happening now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's happening.
Speaker 9: Well with this nil stuff and the changeovers in in rosters, will you I mean, heck, you know, you know, I mean you know probably these football coaches don't know half the team anymore. Of course, they're paying out the big dough Ray and the mee for both football and basket ball. What are they playing paying out for like the women's teams and all this stuff? How much is all this travel costing? Like when you Ohio State goes to Oregon, Oregon comes to Maryland hundred grand?
Speaker 3: I don't know, two hundred grand. I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's money, though it is some serious dough, the ray in the meat. It's curious money. But that's the way it is today. More fans want to watch like Oregon at home to play Indiana, which they never would have done except correct for the big ten element.
Speaker 3: It would never have done that.
Speaker 9: And then look at the travel that you see has to put up with. Now, Oh, Texas tech all over they're going all over. Yeah yeah, get back at what eight o'clock in the morning. I'm not sure there's student athletes anymore. I have my doubts they're athletes, yes, student.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I don't know about that.
Speaker 1: Now, how do you get the government to come back into business? Well, right now, what's Willie's plan the Trumps are going to do? You have the unions that support Democrats, say, Democrats vote to open the government. You have shall we say, the retirees getting government pensions, open up the government. You have the air traffic controllers and they said this morning I watched CNBC. The head of the union said, we're we begin with we're three thousand controllers short right now and and a third of us or under such stress that we're taking more more off time. If this isn't settled, he said, by Sunday, they're going to shut down several routes across the country. And then you have the TSA not getting paid. And TSA says, wait a minute, I've paid for a month. I've not been paid for a month. You could probably go a month. How do they get that paid back. What they do get paid back over so many times. But if you missed the month, you might get paid it back in two to six weeks from now because none of the checks are going out. So what do the Republicans say. I tell you what, Chuck schum Let's have a standalone bill by itself. Let's vote to fund the air traffic controllers and tsay, you know what, Chuck Schumer said, naw bah bahanah.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: The next day, Okay, you don't want to fund those guys. How about funding the military? You know what, Chuck Schumer said, now bah baanah, don't fund the military. And then and then John Thun of South DA Code has said, you know what, let's fund snap benefits a stand.
Speaker 3: Alone that's food.
Speaker 1: Food you know what, Chuck Schumer said, now bah baah correct? And then what if the media covered this thing objectively?
Speaker 3: It's truthful.
Speaker 1: He's saying that Democrats are the crew not allowing the government to open, but they just want to make the president look bad, it's all and that how come and they they've taken in the past. I saw something today where it's like they're saying, we went with extensions like past midnight of the deadline, and we've always come to we always come to an agreement, working out this time.
Speaker 3: No now ba banana will now one guy.
Speaker 1: The election's over, right, So now there's enough chaos they've caused. And now the media perceives Democrats of having won the election. So now they're going to say, Okay, we'll get to settle within the next week. They want to more pain inflicted upon those who received government benefits and government workers. I have numerous texta government workers telling me they were Democrats, but they can't take it anymore.
Speaker 9: No kidding, it's wrong. I was going to say, if they do that, aren't those people voters? Yes, thank you.
Speaker 1: God, like you could go a month or two without income. God like me's got to work like a dog every day. You kidding, not really, segment, get me out of the student's report, please.
Speaker 9: Well they had out of a beautiful day here in the tri State and cold temperatures and snow showers coming.
Speaker 3: You better play golf today.
Speaker 9: We leave you with the immortal words of the stud report.
Speaker 10: At some point, the foolishness has got to stop.
Speaker 1: Mike is right, But to stop that, the Democrats need to win a certain US Senator crap told me that's Joe. Chuck Schumer needs a win. Now. He can't be perceived as backing down. So you have to come up with something to make Chuck Schumer feel as if, Okay, I won.
Speaker 9: So this is a battle of wits, yes, between the Trumpster at Big Chuck.
Speaker 3: Big Chuck both live about a head.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll see what happens, won't we, Well, Joe right now, and at some point this madness has got to stop.
Speaker 3: We're going to see what happens.
Speaker 1: At some point it's got to be you know what, I've gotten all I can get out of this thing. We won Virginia one, New Jersey one, New York one. California. We won Anderson Township, we won share, we won deer Park one. The kids won in deer Park because of Jim Stall. But nonetheless, he's got all he can get out of us. So now it's time to say, okay, let's take the win. Come up with something, push it off to the side, and say, whatever your objections are, let's deal with him later. Let's open the government. And Chuck Schumer, still at this afternoon, said no, won't open it. And now the President says, well, get rid of the filibuster. If you do that, next time the Democrats control the Senate, we're gonna have fifty four states. They're gonna bring in Puerto Rico, Washington, d C, Fiji, and a bunch of other places. Expand the US Supreme Court without the fellowbuster. Now we've got serious, serious problems. So sec all I can tell you is keep hope alive. I don't have much faith, but I have lots of hope. Yeah, segment, thank you. Let's continue with more coming up next to Eddie Fingers, the Living Legend and Radio Eddie Fingers and also his sidekick.
Speaker 3: Do we know who's sidekick today? Maybe Jason Williams of Pride of Marshall. Let's go with him on News Radio seven hundred