Speaker 1: Hey, Jenny's got back from the trip of a lifetime. I'll never go to Morocco. I might go to Disney World look In or New York City. Morocco not on my Bingo card. So how was Morocco?
Speaker 2: It was great. I mean, it's a beautiful country. It has like so many different landscapes, mountains, you know, coastal cities, all that good stuff. And I do want to talk about like some of the fun things, but I also want to tell you guys some of the mishaps that happened along the way, because there were a few sketchy situations that I got put in because I'm an idiot. First off, I lost my passport at one point.
Speaker 3: No yep.
Speaker 2: I was at this one touristy garden thing and I had pulled some things out of my purse, including my passport, when I was sitting down to get a lipstick out, and I somehow left my passport sitting there. And so I'm meandering around taking photos, pictures when this woman frantically comes up to me in a different language, but I could understand she was saying passport and then she's like, did you lose it? And I was like, what because then my person go, oh, yeah, it's not in here, and she's like, okay, go to the front. And so I lost my passport for like I don't know, thirty minutes. I got it back. Wouldn't have known had that woman not like come up to me. I mean, thankfully you're the one tall blonde woman. Yeah, I did stand out a little bit. And then I genuinely thought I was like getting detained at an airport. At one point. I didn't know what was going on because in the northern part of the country, they spoke English pretty much in like the main cities, but in the northern part. I was in one city where they more so spoke Arabic out at an Arabic language or Spanish, and so they're trying to like tell me I get through to go in this little small airport, and I would just like want to go to the next point where you're sitting down waiting for the plane. You know, I already did the check in part, and they're like, you're going to Marrakesh, and I go yeah. They're like Marrakesh, I go yeah, And then they like start passing my passport around to like three different police officers, you know, and I'm like, what's happening. Then the one guy's like, come with me, and I'm like.
Speaker 4: Oh no, okay.
Speaker 2: They're like holding up the picture making sure it's you and let me tell you stress because I had downloaded this app called in drive, which is like their version of Uber. But then I found out that it's illegal there it's not yes, And so I was trying to get a ride to the airport that day through in Drive and my driver goes, hey, I've had a few friends pulled over today and now they got their license revoked, Like, don't do in drive today because the cops are out looking for in drive drivers. Why is that illegal? Because it takes away from the taxi system that they have there and stuff, So taxi drivers are like reporting the drivers. So I'm sitting there, I was like, am I getting in trouble because I downloaded that app? And but really the reality was I was way too early to that flight, and that airport was so small that they didn't want to let me through the part to sit. But I couldn't understand what they were saying because they were they most of them didn't really know English that they go out here, and and they said wait, wait for four, and they kept saying wait for four, so I thought they said met and like wait for four minutes, and I was like, then, what what happens? After four minutes they were mean and like, wait until four pm to come into this part. So I mad. Did I start getting some anxiety? Eddy's stomach is going exactly. But outside of that, the trip was really really amazing. I meant a lot. I met a lot of really friendly people. I met this one mother daughter duo. Their names were Peggy and Tiffany. They were celebrating Tiffany's thirtieth birthday. Peggy lives in Miami, Tiffany lives in London now. And Peggy was a hoot because she was like, yeah, I made some friends on the airplane. Airplane, I took an edible and I was like, what you took an edible? I was like, so someone was bringing edibles into Morocco.
Speaker 1: Probably not a good idea, not a good idea. They take drugs really there.
Speaker 2: And then Tiffany's like, yeah, that's just my mom for you, and so like, anyways, I'm friends with them, not on Instagram. That's fun. I did get kissed by one man when he was trying to sell me earrings on the lips. On the cheek, oh my god, on the cheek. He was like, you happy, I'm happy. I'm happy you happy. And I was like, I'm not really that happy, because honestly, you're kind of forcing me to buy these ear rings right now. No, it just was a slipping some tongue. This was a little bit of an older man that I would never allowed to touch me.
Speaker 1: No, not.
Speaker 2: Even like that. But yeah, Morocco is a great country. I think it's I mean, if you're interested in going, I think you should go. It's a beautiful country. And the people there are very very friendly. They're like they treat you like family. So it was a wow, did you stumble upon Morocco? I mean of all the places in the world, Like because I'm cheap, And I got an email because I subscribed to this one like frugal like flight service thing and it was like Morocco for this many delta points and it equated to about three hundred dollars total, and I was like, I had some vacation to use. By the end of the year. I was planning on doing a van trip and honestly, this trip probably cost equivalent to if I would have done a van.
Speaker 4: Trip for the gas and everything.
Speaker 2: The gas and everything. So I ended up going there, and I've had friends go there where I was like, oh, that looks really cool. It never was on the top of my list, but I just feel like I like to travel frugally, and Morocco is a very affordable country to go to. Like the places I stayed at were under one hundred dollars a night, you know, and they were beautiful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, regular accommodations, I mean, not sound like a dumb American, but like toilet, sink, comfortable bed, no bed bugs, everything work.
Speaker 2: You definitely like there's a there's definitely a big difference between spending fifty dollars a night at a read versus like one hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: At a night a hotel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like, oh, it's basically like a big Moroccan house that has like a courtyard of the meadow. But that's what most people say at But no, it was all fine. It was nice. I mean one of the reads was kind of the room itself was kind of like it didn't have a lot of character, but the rest of the house had a lot of characters. So I don't know. It's just it's a very different culture. I've never been somewhere that has palaces and had sultans at one point, so it's just really fun to learn about that kind of history.
Speaker 4: Though, Do have it do?
Speaker 2: I did hear. I did hear when I post one of the photos that they're like, this looks exactly like I was like, well, I'll be honest, I've never been to the Morocco. It was it was, yeah, it was not someone else, but but yeah, it was a really fun country and I had a great time. You're not really It's obviously a Muslim country, so drinking is not.
Speaker 1: The toilet's the same over there, because that's the dumb because in some countries toilets don't look like our toilets here.
Speaker 4: Look they're the same.
Speaker 2: I got real hyped when I saw one of my reads had a little hose next to their version of a drinking water. No, no, it's to clean your bee. So I got really excited when I saw that.
Speaker 4: But yeah, it was I mean, is it is it?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 4: I mean that one thing I'm.
Speaker 2: Going to be honest about. Yeah, I don't think Moroccan foods my thing. It's my thing for like, no, it's I'm not trying to be funny, Okay. I will say that I tried camel burger, which I did my research. Yes, I did my research. I had a time to make sure that that was like an ethically type thing whatever, and it is. It's like, it's kind of like eating burgers here, Like camels are kind of like how beef is here for us? What did it taste like? Honestly, it wasn't anything special. It was pretty it was kind of bland. Honestly, I wouldn't. I wouldn't. I don't recommend it. No, I would say try it, but I wouldn't say it was like phenomenal. It wasn't like a parlor burger.
Speaker 4: I couldn't get right.
Speaker 1: I couldn't get past the idea that to meet the camel. It's like, yeah, I don't really like about it anything. Yeah I get it. Yeah, I would do it. Yeah, but I would still be like, it's a camel.
Speaker 2: But their main dish that most people get is called tajene, which is it's called that because of the dish. The actual dish that they make it in is very unique. If you saw the dish, you would like probably be able to associate that with Morocco, but it's all like I don't know, it was like beef and prunes and like it was really good. Yeah, but I liked it one time and then I had it another time in the trip and I was like over it. I would assume it's like super rich and like very different. It was a hard country to be in based off of me and tummy issues and my healthiness because there was like you're not supposed to eat the fruit there that doesn't have peels on it. You don't drink the water. You need to get bottled water and stuff. So I definitely was in the airport dying yesterday morning before my ten hour flight was about to take off. No, it was just so I did. I only had tummy issues the last like morning I was jetting out to come back to America. But yeah, the food was probably the one thing I kind of was like over.
Speaker 4: With American question McDonald's Burger King.
Speaker 2: Did they did? And actually at the train station they had caribou the.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was like what, I'll be honest, things though there are not like the American version, because I did get a Starbucks drink and it was all very good, and then I got a martini at one place too, and it was so bad. It was not a martini. I did not know what they put in it, Like.
Speaker 1: I could tell be careful with that alcohol in some countries, yeah, because they don't. It's there's not the same regulations.
Speaker 2: I well, I tried to be respectful obviously of the culture because they don't drink. Muslim people don't drink, and so it's like I didn't really drink. Besides, they had some wine at a few places. But then the one place I got a cocktail was like a place that was really bougie in this nice hotel that I wanted to see, and so I was like, I'm going to just treat myself to a cocktail here. But that was a bad choice. I should have just not gotten any alcohol. So yeah, it was super fun and a lot of people were texting if I was alone. Yes, I was alone. It was just me and my tripod, which is how I got all my photos. So many people are like, are you really alone? And I know, I'm really literally.
Speaker 4: Talked about that last week. Did she go with something?
Speaker 5: Oh see, I thought you just asked strangers to take your photos.
Speaker 2: No, strangers offered to take my photos and I was like, no, I don't want your photos. I have my tripod. Like I'm telling you the one time that like a few people took photos of me, because these Asian tourists came up to me at this one like sunset spot like we have a bunch of photo. Well, they spoke no English, so they're just kind of pointing and like showing that they had a bunch of photos with my hair in it. So then they're like they're telling me to stand in this one spot and started taking more photos of me, and I was like okay, cool. And then I was like, well, let me get a photo with you all, because this is hilarious to me that you're taking photos of me. And then I did have another man also come up to me and asked to do a photoshoot of me when I was in like the Blue City because that was like so pretty. That whole city is like an Instagram like dream but beautiful in itself. And he was like I've been waiting for someone with a yellow dress, Like I'm a photographer, can I take photos? I'm gonna be honest, I hated the photos he took head to me, and I was like, Nope, my pripo did better right, Like he has like a big following on Instagram, oh and everything. But it's just not my vibe of right. Yes, bad side, bad lighting, like all of the things. No, this is not it for me. But I appreciate you, Like I tried to collab with me on a post on the.
Speaker 3: Caps can I read. I just you posted this, Jenny, And I love this about you. You said in your thirties, there will be a really good flight deal to a different country. It's very important that you book it, even if you have to go alone. I Envy's not the word, but I just love that about you because the three of us when you told us you booked the flight, we were just like what why Morocco?
Speaker 2: Why alone?
Speaker 3: Like all these things, but you wasted no time just being like, fit, I'm going to.
Speaker 2: Go, and I'm not going to sit and pretend like I was a nervous or scared. I definitely was. I've only traveled by myself in my van before and I've got and the first time I ever did that, I was also nervous and scared, and now I'm so used to that, and I just think that there's so many things that you're scared to do in your life and you'll never know until you do it. Yeah, So, like not to make this a big inspirational moment, but I genuinely feel like that trip taught me so much. And like I think that the things that you see and hear online you can't always trust. You have to like experience certain things on your own. Obviously, there's plenty of countries you definitely should not go to, yeah, that are not safe. I'm not saying that there's places that are art.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well actually it's just so you got to be bundled up there so you don't like die from hypothermia. But I just think that there's like a misconception of a lot of places in the world. And like I've never felt more welcomed, Like I felt so welcomed. And I hear, like, you go in no shade about going to France. I think that France is beautiful, but I hear that people in Paris are assholes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, sorry that all right, I'll cut that out. But we went to France and the touristy people are not at all. It's when you wander into some of the neighborhoods. Let's say you're on the Las Vegas Strip. Everybody is friendly, but you wandered down a side street and then people are like, what are you doing here? Not in Vegas, but that's the comparison in France, because we were there in and a long time ago, and everybody was so friendly. They speak American, They're so happy to see you because that's the industry therein But you wander down to what's a French guy's name, Pierre, Pierre, Pierre's tavern in Peter's Tavern, which is two blocks off the beaten path. Pierre is pissed that you're there. What do you want?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: And then I get it if you lived in like a imagine Chan hasen suddenly like became a tourist spot, which sort of is because I mean there's Paisley Park, but like all of a sudden, you have all these people walking through your neighborhood constantly taking photos. I would understand like being annoyed with that, Like I totally get that, but I don't know. Moroccan people were very welcoming and they treat you like family. They take care of you. They did extra things for me that like I didn't even ask for to help me out and stuff throughout the trip, and they do, and they do have McDonald's. If you're really feeling like you need some homes, did.
Speaker 5: You did you feel extra beautiful when you were there? Because all I know is that the Epcot Morocco Pavilion, that all of the people who work there are super like flirty and nice.
Speaker 2: This is what they do to like women. I think in general they call everyone Shakira, so like Shakira Shakira and then they'll be nice nice. And I got this line a couple of times, so like you drop something and like to me, I was always like on edge of if I was going to get scammed. There are like some scam saying happened, but even here yeah yeah, And so I'm like, no, I didn't. I'm good. And then they're like you're crown and I was like, oh, shure, but like I can't your crown right, I'm trying to think because I took notes of like some of those other things that they said, like why just because I don't know, but they do it everywhere Because then my Instagram feeds started getting like feeding me other things from other countries and they do that in Egypt a lot too, Like it's not just because I'm like blonde or whatever, and a lot of people thought I was Russian too. Yeah, I know, I can see it. Yeah, put in a little fur hat. Yeah. But I would always just get nice nice every time I watch Nice, Hell are you nice? And then they always say sorry. When I'm like no, thank you, They're like sorry, sorry, and I keep walking.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I'm gonna start doing that too. Then you walk and I care nice.
Speaker 4: Well, she gets that when she watched the parking lot of The Quick Trip.
Speaker 2: Truly nice, nice, good, Jenny