Speaker 1: The News Chunkie starts now.
Speaker 2: It is Friday, May twenty ninth to twenty twenty six. Wats to get to today? From the Blue Origin explosion drama to the Trump Freedom two point fifty concert is falling apart and all hell breaks loose? Said the National Spelling Bee. Plus your calls, dispatches, emails, text Sam Moor, Josh is here. Hello, Allandro is with us. Holda and you are to send us a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com. You can also watch the show on YouTube and twitch dot tv Slash the News Junkie. Your message is rolling right at the studio at a real time. And this never ever ever happens.
Speaker 1: Friends, Oh god, what happened? We got a last minute message.
Speaker 2: Josh right before the show. Yeah, and it wasn't from Alejandro either. Are you sure I heard different? Who did text me right before the show? And he goes, we still doing the show today? And I go, yeah, what did you hear? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I'm like, well, what's going on? He's in the building. Is like management pulled him aside on the way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Eric, Alejandra, you still showed up despite all this stuff happening around here. I go tell me what we got now. Wasn't Alejandro. It was that fat kid that wanted some barbecue from his neighbor. Let's see what he said. Great Friday, we did it, everybody. We've made it through a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday has arrived. Patch yourself on the back. Let's ensure our right up into the weekend. How's everybody doing on a Friday? Yeah you seem I'm sure, Josh.
Speaker 3: It's been a while since I've done Sea Lane's whole job, so I'm trying to make sure I got all my spinning plates going.
Speaker 2: You got buttons over there, you got all the all the things all right. I think we're good. I think we'll be good. And if we're not, we'll just send us a whole boatload of dispatches to float us through the day today. I think you could do that over at the neewsjunkie dot com. While we do this, let's put our ears to the ground, our fingers on the pulse. Let's see what's happening to this great, big, wide world of ours. And we go to a courtroom where a gentleman grabs the attention of the judge well and just about everybody else who's paying attention in the courtroom with his uh, with his hoodie that he's wearing in the moment. Now, let's show the people real quick who are watching on YouTube and Twitch. He's wearing a very particular hoodie here. I don't know if you can see this all handro can you see everything?
Speaker 1: I owned a hoodie? You do have this strip club veteran? Yeah? Yeah, So the judge notices this.
Speaker 2: Here's what happens, ny, sir, you're a strip club veteran. I just judge. I want to thank him for his service action. Everybody's in on it. The opposing council's in on all the everybody wants to talk about this guy. You're a strip club veteran, sir. I'm sorry, I'm sorry. How there tours of duty did you do?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: Prstal bomb? Mister Redmond? Did you get a proper heart? All right?
Speaker 5: If you date May twenty nine in fun of Judge Robins, step beside.
Speaker 2: Sir, Step beside, sir. Today's his day. He is in court doing his thing. Strip club veteran and uh, god speed, sir. You know I wish you the best.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: They would have been hilarious like, I can imagine the judge being like, oh, that's such a funny shirt. How many tours of duty did you do as a strip club veteran? And then the guy's joking around with him like he's gonna get off and everything's gonna be fine. Next thing, you know, the judge is like, Okay, forty five years in prison, murder one. Yeah, your dad, you are guilty as sin, sir. It's not It's absolutely not gonna be a good day for you. I hope it is, though, depending on what he did. And I really don't know, but I do know everybody was talking late last night. Did both of you see the rocket explosion that happened? Yeah, my god, man, unbelievable. This was a huge rocket explosion from the Blue Origin folks, which, if you're not initiated, that's the that's the Amazon thing, it's the Jeff Bezos deal. And the Blue Origin rocket was out there on the launch pad, and I think it was just it was a test, you know, there wasn't anything crazy supposed to happen, and yet it blew up and it was excuse me, apologies, my allergies are creeping up here. I'll get some more spray during the break. Oh thank god, thank god, I'll get some more nasal spray. I'm almost out, for God's sake. But this was just supposed to be a simple test and what it ended up being allegedly. Allegedly, it ended up being the biggest non nuclear explosion in the history of the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, we had a mushroom cloud on everything. Yeah, like it rocked.
Speaker 2: The neighbors started filming it near crazy where the cap was. It was the craziest explosion it was supposed to be, according to CFL. Can't on twitch a static fire test. Yeah, it was just a regular run of the mill test they were doing. It was in preparation of their upcoming launch of the new Glen rocket, which was going to send forty eight Amazon satellites into low or Earth orbit. But no, that's not what happened. Instead, the whole thing exploded in a massive fireball, just like.
Speaker 6: This launch pad explosion of a Blue Origin rocket during a test at Cape Canaveral, The fireball turning the nice sky into an orange glow and the shockwave shaking houses. I mean, look at that scene unfolding during an edge test of a bit. It is Origin rocket, the company describing what happened as an anomaly. Support of Michelle Fisher with the details to not on the explosion and what it means for NASA.
Speaker 2: Michelle, I mean, what a catastrophe this was. I heard it cost like a hun undred million dollars.
Speaker 1: That's a drop in the bucket for them.
Speaker 2: Bezos is like out one hundred mil. This thing completely and totally explodes, and I guess the mission is just completely canned. Here too, let me see what she says here, Hold on, Michelle Fisher, So Mark, this is.
Speaker 7: A significant setback for Blue Origin. This rocket was set to play a key role in future Moon missions. Tonight we are hearing from NASA and Blue Origin owner Jeff Bezos dramatic images tonight of the moment a Blue Origin rocket explodes on the launch pad during an engine firing test Thursday in Cape Canaverra, Florida.
Speaker 2: Quick question for you big space fans and everybody who's super tuned into this stuff.
Speaker 1: Why is there no audio?
Speaker 2: I've seen like so many videos from up close and there's no audio of the explosion. Were they like, were they so uninterested in this test that they weren't even rolling a camera that was recording audio or did the audio get blown out? Everything blow out? In the minds, I could have like that, that's how massive. Literally I'll show you in a moment. But I believe this is one of the biggest explosions that wasn't a nuclear bomb in history.
Speaker 8: It's a cash fireball illuminating the night sky nearby homes in central Florida, rattled Blue Origin owner Jeff Bezos, posting on x It's too early to know the root cause, but we're already working to find it. Very rough day, but we'll rebuild whatever needs rebuilding and get back to flying.
Speaker 2: It's worth it.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: Imagine losing one hundred mil and you're like a tough day, a little bit of a tough day.
Speaker 3: It's like if I had a twenty dollars bill that I was going to use to buy lunch and then I lost it, I'd be like, Yeah.
Speaker 6: Don't worry.
Speaker 1: On Monday, Sean will be on Awesome that I'm a Soul membership is going up.
Speaker 2: You need to good God. Yeah. Blue Origin rocket explodes during tests is the big headline that we take away from this. But it really was absolutely dramatic and it was filmed in all these different neighborhoods.
Speaker 1: I'll give you a little bit of this.
Speaker 2: Somebody made a super cut of all these people near Cape Canaveral Risk responding and of course you got to soup it up a little bit, so you know, that's what they did. As people's houses were rocked by the massive explosion. Watch this guy run out here in his front yard and his underwear.
Speaker 3: Oh, we probably just woke up and thought we were being invaded by Iran or something.
Speaker 2: This guy goes, they did it.
Speaker 3: The drones are here, Lorange missiles.
Speaker 1: VW. Shane says.
Speaker 2: All the videos you're seeing are likely from the NASA Spaceflight YouTube channel, which is independent.
Speaker 1: They were just recording it.
Speaker 2: They didn't anticipate it being what it was, and therefore there's not really a lot of audio. Yeah. I was just blown away all of the clips that I saw. Everything that I saw was no audio. It was just like, here's another view of this, and I would just explain it for everybody listening. You just see the rocket on the pad. You see it start to ignite a little bit and then capau.
Speaker 1: You know, there it goes.
Speaker 2: You would have heard a massive earth shattering explosion.
Speaker 1: Were there any audio being recorded.
Speaker 2: Is this happened late on Thursday night, but you could see it from as away. It rumbled all of the different buildings around this area. Freaked out a lot of neighbors. I know there was some people at a bar. I think, hold on, I have some of this here. These people were at a bar and they filmed it nearby, and they're like, what are we watching him? Huge explosion?
Speaker 1: Oh say?
Speaker 2: She says, No, I don't think that's the rocket launched. Yeah, it tried.
Speaker 3: If you didn't know that there was a space center right there where they regularly did rocket testing, that would be a very concerning site.
Speaker 1: I think so too.
Speaker 2: I would have legitimately believed that there was some sort of massive war going on. Is this somebody's doorbell camera as a delivery guy was here? Oh, Alejandro, stay by the dump button because this guy is likely like if I heard this thing explode one of the biggest explosions non nuclear in the history of the world, and I'm just dropping off some door dash or something, I'm probably gonna drop a few f bombs. So yeah, stand by. We might need to hit the dump button, all right, rings the doorbell walks away? Is it just that light in the sky. I mean it turned the night into day. But I didn't hear I didn't even actually explodure it. Wow. And then it just fades right back intonight. Holy cow, like like a movie trick or something like. It literally lit the night up like it was daytime, and then when it's over, you see it just fade back tonight. Just crazy that this happened. Hundred million dollars lost. That says this was bigger than the Halifax explosion, the Port Chicago disaster of nineteen forty four, or the Opaw explosion in Germany. It's the largest accidental artificial, non nuclear explosion in history. And you can say you were there, you were alive.
Speaker 3: When this happen. Unbelievable. Yeah, I was in the same state, Buddy, Yep.
Speaker 1: Yeah I was. I was close enough that I.
Speaker 2: Didn't hear anything.
Speaker 1: I remember the war.
Speaker 2: They said there's three options here, rebuild from scratch, borrow, or by launch capacity from a competitor like SpaceX. Does Bezos get along with Elon Musk? Do they do? They?
Speaker 3: I feel like in the billionaire lunch room they do not sit at the same table.
Speaker 2: I like, I would think one of them would feel like a loser for asking for the other one, you know, like the like I would need a rocket man and my rocket blew up, like they wouldn't want to do it. And then they said the other option is they can absorb the delay and then just keep investing.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: Those are the only things they can do now that this thing completely and totally exploded. And yeah, Jeff Bezos said, all personnel are accounted for and safe. It's too early to know the root cause, but we're already working to find it. Very rough day, but we'll rebuild whatever needs rebuilding and get back to flying. It's worth it, says Bezos of Amazon on the Blue Origin rocket explosion. A couple of emails to get us started here today. Tyler emails the show tips at thenewsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 1: Hey news Junkie.
Speaker 2: I've been listening for ten years and you guys are the best. I listened every single day. I'm pumped about the new app you released. I'm in an account on your website, but due to too much whiskey, I forgot the password. I mean, whose fault is that, sir? H the whiskey's fault. Help me recover it? Personally, I blame Seela and Sean. You do nothing wrong, Sea Lane, brother, get it together, serious, he says Tyler. Tyler, I think there's a password recovery on there on the on the website when you go to log in. But if you can't find it, email me again, Matt. Matt says, I can't handle it now, obviously, Matt says on alpha gal syndrome, alhandra, you know what alpha gal syndrome is? No, just guess just from from the name of it. What do you think alpha gal syndrome? Yeah, alpha gal Alpha alpha gal gl is the second word.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know, somebody a beta that wants to be in alpha. Okay. Alpha gal syndrome is a real thing, and if you.
Speaker 2: Get bit by these particular ticks, it makes it so you're allergic to meat, red meat.
Speaker 1: Okay. Yeah, I didn't know the name, but I know what it is though. Yeah, alpha gal syndrome.
Speaker 2: We were talking about this, We were saying, there's areas I think was it Martha's Vineyard or something like that. I think, ye, northeast, right, yeah, yeah, Like there's such a high amount of people that have this alpha gal syndrome that all the restaurants are having to revamp their menus because such a high percentage of people are now allergic to red meat, and it makes you vomit like crazy. It's a whole thing, right, and Matt says, I'm a week behind the podcast, but my wife was literally just diagnosed with alpha girl syndrome. She picked it up on a camping trip where she received several tick bites. She's the third person I know that has it, and it's pretty miserable. We have to think about where we go out to eat and even how we cook at home. I made her some chicken and impossible burgers excuse me burgers, and the rest of us eight regular beef hamburgers. She mistakenly put a fork that was in one of the normal burgers in her mouth and she was violently sick two hours later.
Speaker 1: He says there are varying.
Speaker 2: Levels of sensitivity, with people being having a reaction from smelling bacon or taking a gel cap tablet like tail and all. The anticipation is the hardest part, especially with she thinks she might get sick but isn't sure. She picked up her EpiPens yesterday so she's prepared if she has an anaphylactic reaction.
Speaker 1: We're just figuring out how to deal with this.
Speaker 2: But I really don't wish it on anyone, says Matt. Matt doesn't. But we talked about some of these these folks who did this research study where they were like, actually, eating meat is bad and bad for the environment and mostly morally wrong. With their point like eating meat is morally wrong, which I obviously disagree with, but they said that we should spread this disease around because then the moral right that would come from it, you know, just by infecting people with this alpha gal syndrome would be that we would eat less meat and we would be better.
Speaker 1: Humanity would be better for it.
Speaker 2: And you hear now people who have it saying hell, no, man, this is miserable. And last one for now, Dina says, se Lane is right now, I want to run this by Allahundra. He wasn't here when this all happened. All Hudre, you tell me if you think this statement from see Lane is is correct or not. See Lane suggested that toothpaste doesn't do anything right, he said. He said, basically, you could brush your teeth with anything, and toothpaste is all just a bunch of stuff that doesn't really do anything for your teeth.
Speaker 1: Right, that was his claim, that just breath.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like just for like freshening your breath, and the rest of it's like nonsense in marketing. And Deanna says, nobody seemed to respond to see Laane's toothpaste statement. I could say everything he said on Wednesday is correct. Toothpaste is not necessary and doesn't do much except make your breast smell better. The actual act of cleaning your teeth is a mechanical action of your toothbrushes, bristles. I was a dental assistant for almost fifteen years. Keep up the good work, guy, says Deanna. I'm gonna stick with the toothpaste. Deanna, all right, I mean I like when I hear somebody saying, like, you don't need toothpaste, I think I want to be as far away from this person as I possibly can.
Speaker 1: All Right, that's like saying you don't need yes, correct.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah. The person who's against all of those things, that person is the person you want to keep a fair bit of distance from. We got a lot to get to today, so stick with us. When we come back, we'll talk about what went down the drama behind the scenes of the National Spelling Bee. This Trump two fifty concert seems to be falling apart. We got your dispatches more John Travolta. Lots of stuff to talk about on a busy Friday, and it's coming up next in the news, Chunkie. These two are the best spellers in all of iHeartRadio line.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, the best of the best. Doesn't get any better. Unbelievable level of talent kind of thing, and they are really truly they would have been the winners of the National Spelling Bee if that was a possibility. But they're not Indian and they're not the teenagers, so come on, yeah, they get cut out. My god, I don't know what it is about the Indian parents. The Indian culture is something. They are whipping these kids in shape. Every kid who's in the top ten, there's like a ninety percent chance that he's Indian, And my god, are the impressive at spelling these words?
Speaker 1: I won I don't know if you guys know this.
Speaker 2: I don't know if this is there might be something in the studio up on the wall or like a plaque or something, but I won the Spelling Bee in fifth grade at HL Johnson Elementary School.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow, I know I've heard that about it. Yeah, you can applaud if you want.
Speaker 1: I don't want to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: I didn't know you were such a smart guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, well you you should have picked that up a long time ago.
Speaker 1: All right, you should have really picked this up.
Speaker 2: But these kids now they go out on the stage and sometimes it feels like an SNL prank.
Speaker 9: Like there.
Speaker 2: They'll come out and they'll go up to the microphone and they'll go, okay, she read perique, and yes, okay, I'll come here and they'll go, we need you to spell this word. And the word that they throw at them will be like don' nup on top of teyria, right, And you'll be like, wait, what easy? Yeah, can you tell me that I'm alandro? I'm asking every question that we can you know what I mean, Like, I'm asking, can you use it as a sentence? What is the origin language? What can you tell me about any of this?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Here's an example of some of the words that che Parque ended up rattling off at the National Spelling Bee contest. Unbelievable performance. Here you go, could you spell any of these? Ask yourself?
Speaker 10: Anthemy?
Speaker 2: I don't even know what these words? You don't know do boom boom boom, you know, like one after another after another. I don't even know what the words are. Fado do?
Speaker 1: I gotta look that one up.
Speaker 2: I've been in broadcasting for uh forever.
Speaker 1: It seems I used that all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've never heard of this.
Speaker 3: It's a classic French lullaby used to help babies fall asleep.
Speaker 1: You see. Yeah, who doesn't know that?
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 2: He just it's not even that he knows how to spell the words perfectly, it's that the script's National spelling Bee kids spell it like they're bored, right.
Speaker 1: Like bothering him with fat Oh my god on fat.
Speaker 2: O'Dell f ai s d o deal like he's rattling it off so fast. See the y w y d d A you bro, that's I'm challenging.
Speaker 1: It doesn't even look like a real word.
Speaker 2: Coed See why w y d d au. If I'm in a conversation with somebody and they're like, oh my god, that guy yesterday was so coedw Like did you hear Selan's take on toothpaste. The guy couldn't be anymore coed dow if he tried.
Speaker 3: It's a it's a Welsh word. That's why it's spelled so weird.
Speaker 2: What does it mean?
Speaker 3: Uh, prominent metrical form and traditional Welsh poetry?
Speaker 2: Yeah right, I mean what was that pronounced? I see, I'll.
Speaker 3: Go back because I can't even I didn't said it so fast, and he just rattled it off like it was absolutely nothing.
Speaker 2: I see y w y d d a.
Speaker 1: You coed.
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Sure?
Speaker 1: And Howard are you too sunt?
Speaker 2: I mean, come on, literally, at what point do you just go kiss my ass? That's not a word, my wife? After this, I would just somebody says, spell yabadabado. Yeah, I mean might as well, right.
Speaker 4: Like.
Speaker 2: Nana not.
Speaker 10: A moot, nano fossil and ann fo socyle tom kang.
Speaker 2: If I was a little kid and I walked into this room and my mom's like, well, we got to get you into the spelling big competition, and I saw this kid trey winging these words out there, I'd go, Mom, let's just pack it up. I'm there. I can't. This is the equivalent of I'll give you, I'll give you the equivalent all right, and give me give me a moment here, I'll give you the equivalent. But I saw a video today and it perfectly I think encapsulates what I would feel like in that moment. You guys know me, You've you've seen me, and you've seen you know my physique, you know what kind of shape I'm in.
Speaker 1: You put is a word I've heard thrown around.
Speaker 2: Sure, it's up there right next to the plaque for me fifth grade H. L. Johnson Spelling be Winner. This is I would feel the same walking into a venue where this kid is spelling for the National Spelling Bee as I would if they said, Sean, we got there's a muscle building a bodybuilding competition and we want you to be in it. And I go, you serious, okay, all right, I'm going to be in the bodybuilding competition. And they go, all right, here's the first competitor. I go, bro, I don't even know if this this guy is real. I don't even.
Speaker 1: That's a good cycle of steroids right there?
Speaker 2: What in the ai like? This is what I would feel like. I would feel like I was looking at that like this.
Speaker 1: Guy side, do you guys look alike? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I got to get a screenshot of this, because this has to go up for to see it now people. This guy is so comically like an AI. I can't get a screenshot of that. Well, I do it?
Speaker 1: Do that one?
Speaker 2: Do that one? He does look fanted out. That's what I would feel like if I was a little kid coming into the competition.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm let me get this up for the see it now folks, just because it is I mean, it's unbelievable. I'm impressed with the level of physique that this guy's attained. But I think Josh may be onto something. Uh, there is no way that this guy isn't steroid it out like there there.
Speaker 3: Is zero that's like basically accepted for those guys.
Speaker 2: I think. So, yeah, muscle man looks like AI. There we go. All right, I got it for you. It's over on see it now, take a look. This is the level of competition I think that I would see all right, But back to it. Let me go back to the the kid pronouncing and spelling completely made up words. Let's all just be real. Macintosh and A T C H R T O C H s H S. Russell are U S E.
Speaker 6: L O S.
Speaker 1: A w d R Okay, that's the one that tripped it.
Speaker 2: I would be sitting there and they'd go solder and I'd be like, son of a bitch A word I know, and then I'd try to spell it and they go, oh, you buffoon, that's a that's a different solder about d Yeah, you're you're talking about welding. This is s A w d e R.
Speaker 10: Campernow c N p R and Lily Nicole.
Speaker 2: N s l M And I asked.
Speaker 1: J p r k R t l A c h t l I.
Speaker 2: Do you think they jeopardy these kids, like the judge who's asking these questions if they can't spell? To watch t Lily, do you think that the judge is like what the lo?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: How embarrassing is that?
Speaker 8: Or not?
Speaker 2: Says I bet he can't. I bet he can spell virginity. Come on, he's a child.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's the first time I see a speed round though. Yeah, before they highlights on station stuff, but not like this.
Speaker 2: I think this is how they weed out the lesser.
Speaker 10: Than as r T I A R r U S belinta walk the l I N t A w A K yes or a conter T s A.
Speaker 13: T r ok P s A P s I A rap a r A p a K. Have you you get the point right? I mean, this is absolutely one hundred percent real. I think I have the moment that the kid won Faisan Zaki of North Texas who won the National Spelling be Championship.
Speaker 1: This is the moment.
Speaker 2: It comes up to the microphone. They got to be great a scrabble, right, yeah, next level.
Speaker 10: So if you tell this next word correctly, we will declare you the champion of the historic one hundredth year of the Script's National Spelling Bee.
Speaker 2: All right, no pressure, buddy, Yeah you got it. They're like, here you go.
Speaker 10: Now, let's all of us take a deep breath.
Speaker 1: This guy's hilarious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all of us together. I did not help it all.
Speaker 1: Thirteen years old.
Speaker 2: This kid from Dallas, Texas, he's a middle school student, and.
Speaker 1: I'd like, I'm not even on the same planet.
Speaker 10: Is well, a certain pacing would help to follow?
Speaker 2: Give him the word? I mean, your word is a claire C small. Okay, all right, go for a claire c small is the final word.
Speaker 1: That sounds like multiple words.
Speaker 2: A C L A R E see s M A L L.
Speaker 1: All right, that's the best I could do.
Speaker 2: That's the best E C L A first letter R.
Speaker 4: C I S S E M E N T.
Speaker 2: Because that is correct. They did it, everybody.
Speaker 3: I didn't realize they used words from foreign languages in this spelling.
Speaker 2: It's so ridiculous. It literally is one of the more ridiculous things I've ever seen in my life. I mean, I shout them out. It's very impressed. Yeah, what's that would mean?
Speaker 3: Just for the record, it underneath it was like the cleaning up of something of enlightenment.
Speaker 1: I think it.
Speaker 2: Says, all right, the clearing up of something of enlightenment. Clariss smon like what you could tell me that word and I just go for what I'm not. I will never use this. I will not like I will not. I won't be sitting there speaking to somebody and go I need the word for this. What a CLARISSMNT.
Speaker 1: Yeah, cut to the chase, buddy, give me the clariss essment. I'm not going to utilize that.
Speaker 2: But God bless you, Faison Zaki.
Speaker 1: What does he win? Does anybody know spelling? Your money? Is it just a title?
Speaker 2: You should get a million dollars he gets street cred. These are no street cred. That's the problem. You see them. Oh my god, Like, if if the world were fair, people on Survivor would get fifty thousand dollars and the spelling Bee champion pison Zaki would get a million. But it's not.
Speaker 1: It's first they get fifty for the spelling Bee.
Speaker 2: Is it really? Oh my god?
Speaker 3: They have fifty thousand dollars also twenty five hundred dollars extra from Merriam Webster.
Speaker 1: What a treat.
Speaker 2: And by the way, you can't treat them like they're kids, Like where you go, Yeah, you know what, I'm gonna give you this really nice twenty dollars bill. Congratulations. They're smart. They understand that it's only fifty thousand dollars. You give old faizan Zak fifty thousand dollars and he goes, that's not even gonna be one semester for me at Harvard. He knows what the money is gonna do. It's just unbelievable. There they are.
Speaker 1: Are you impressed? Let us know.
Speaker 2: Send a dispatch over at the news Junkie dot com thenewsjunkie dot com. All right, quick break, when we come back, we've got a lot to get into we want to talk with you. We want your dispatches, emails and all the rest, all of that on the way, and it's coming up next in the News Junkie. Somebody's like, Harvard wouldn't give that that spelling be a kid a scholarship?
Speaker 1: And why why?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Why would why would Harvard not give whoever wins this spelling bee some sort of scholarship? I mean, usually I think it's indicative of some sort of intellect that you could spell stuff like that. I think these kids are smart. I mean, it could be that they are able to spell things, but dumb and everything else.
Speaker 1: I doubt though.
Speaker 2: I just I feel like that's probably not the case. I could be wrong. We'll see what you think about all of this. Send us a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com. We'll crack into those in just a bit here on the show. A quick update on the lady who. I don't know if you saw this or not, Alejandro, but there was this woman who was pulled over by a police officer. The video's gone megaviral. We talked about her yesterday. Kathleen Thomas is her name from Palm Beach and the pomage County Sheriff's deputy pulled there over.
Speaker 1: It is this the lady it was high fiving people in a way.
Speaker 2: The sheriff's deputy said, I pulled you over. You know why because you had your phone in your right hand. And then the woman just pops up her stump. She's like, all right, I don't have a right hand. See you later. She's so funny and clever without even saying too many words, and she's like, so we're done here. We wrapping this up because you came over to my car suggested I had my cell phone in my right hand. I'm showing you that's not possible on account of I don't have a right hand. And the guy still gave her a ticket. Now, I have a couple of points on this and a little bit of an update, but I'll bring you back if you guys missed this viral moment.
Speaker 1: Here's what happened.
Speaker 2: All right, cop goes up to the car hang on pull over in the city.
Speaker 1: Of Lakewart today we're doing an operation for the stricted driver.
Speaker 12: And you drove past me and holding the phone with your right hand, and he laid in that phone.
Speaker 9: I mean, I saw you call this a day.
Speaker 2: She gave him the best opportunity in the world right there.
Speaker 12: Hey, you had a hand up hand. Well, I thought I saw with the right hand, perhaps not right you didn't I know what, I know what I said. I'm asking you not did you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And there's there's a couple of problems that I have with this still, and one is that she was like, hey, let's have a fun little moment here. You said you saw it in my right hand. I don't even have a right hand right and the cop in that moment, he's so defensive because I think she made him feel dumb. I mean, he kind of he is dumb, right, he's so wrong. He's he's no sense of humor either, none. No, Like she's laughing, she's enjoying this, Like she gave him the exit route right there. Like you could laugh it off, I could laugh it off. We could both tell this story later and it'll be so funny. And he didn't take it, like he instead went back to the car. He instead wrote her a ticket for having a phone in her right hand, which obviously she didn't have. And then somebody pointed out this and I said, you know, this is this is an interesting take somebody said, why is it in fact, ben Ben is his name. While we're here, let's talk about how insane and backwards it is that the woman who has pulled over now has her full name in this headline, but the officer in the wrong isn't named, just the officer. And I think that's a good take. I think that's a good point. There's so many situations like this where they're like, this is Kathleen Thomas. She's thirty six years old, she's from Lake Worth, Florida. She's an aspiring stand up comedian, and she does this and that. You can find her on you know, Wednesdays at the karaoke bar near nearby. And then they go and by the way, the officer was a Palm Beach County Sheriff's deputy. Bro tell us the name of all you know what I mean, Like, you got her name on blast out there. She's not the one who even did anything wrong.
Speaker 1: What are you doing hiding his name?
Speaker 2: And I don't know if this is like a like a journalistic thing and CBS News wouldn't want to say who the name of the officer is, but let's start blasting that out there. I think you might get a little bit better behavior out of some of these cops if they're worried that their name is going to go out there for being caught in a dumb story like this. On the other hand, if it's just a bodycam footage and all you hear is the officer's voice, they're not really risking much. There's no social risk to going and pulling this person over, not getting any of their jokes, being rude, continuing to give them a ticket, being totally wrong, having the case dismissed, and had suffering no punishment at all for it. Like, at the least we could ridicule you in public. Why are we saying all hundred the videog public? Do they have to release the body Yeah she FOI or whatever. Yeah she requested the footage. And in Florida, it's pretty easy to get stuff. It's easy to get your hands on on the footage. Put your hand on you. It's easy for heard obtain the footage. I should say you gotta watch the traps on this one, but I was like, that is such a fair point, Like you are putting this woman's name information everything out there. Granted, most of the feedback for her is going to be positive. But I want when when people do things like this, I want that name out there too, Sheriff who, deputy who who? Palm Beach County Sheriff's deputy whom? Who was the person behind this? Because then that person's name will get around a little bit and maybe next time they pull somebody over, they'll go, all right, I got a little skin in the game. I want to rebuild my reputation here. I want to be nice and that, by the way, that goes for all of these cases when an officer does something right too.
Speaker 1: Since on YouTube says we get.
Speaker 2: It shown your anti cop, get off your soap box, I mean if I could get one pass to say the F word, now, would be the time that I deployed the F word, which you go blank yourself, would be the word that I would use. You explain to me where you're coming from here? Do you watch this and go we get it? Shawn? Your anti cop? Am I anti cop? Because I'm defending a woman who's been outed and named in this story and and the cop was completely wrong, and I'm calling the cop out on being wrong. Does it make me anti cop to point out a cop doing something wrong?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: When they're doing something wrong. How dumb are you? How absolutely mind broken are you that this is how you interact with things? Oh my god, you're somebody says anti that cop? Hell yeah, brother, Yeah, Like I'm anti dumb cops. I'm pro great cops. Where are you at when I showed the videos like I did, I think last week or the week before where I showed the video the cop kicking open the door where the woman's house was on fire, and I talked about how they were rescuing them and how it was an amazing heroic moment, and not enough that these videos are supported. Where are you at? Because I'm consistent and not hypocritical on these issues. Where are you at when I'm on that side of thing?
Speaker 1: Where were you?
Speaker 2: Where were you when the towers were hit? My god? Bully that guy? All right, jesus, Yeah, but my god, it's so stupid. What like again, just like this guy's name should be out there and people would go, well, that was really rude what you did. Your interaction with this woman was not called for, and you were wrong and you felt dumb, and so you took it out on her. And that's kind of lame, man, That's kind of lame. Other cops don't like this either, Right, that kind of thing should be something that there's a little bit of a kickback for. That's not anti cop, that's anti dumb ass. I'm anti dumbass as well, mister chatter, who, of course will by by the way, all one hundred. Now the person will disappear for like sixty five years, and they'll fight in a corner. They'll they is not what always happens every single time.
Speaker 1: I think the coup got really nervous because he continued digging the whole like hand to God, like he could hand to God. And she's like, and he goes through your other hand.
Speaker 2: Like, bro, have a sense of humor under she's she's giving you everything. She was like sweet about it and funny and making it into a joke. And but you took yourself so seriously. And there's a there's a lot of dudes out there, women too, But this, this is a thing that I think is more common in guys. There's a lot of guys that if you make them feel dumb, they react like this. They react with anger. Right now, you're not intentionally making them feel dumb, but what they need is when they make a mistake or they say something that's kind of dopey. They need you to coddle them and be like a hug box for them and support them. And she's just making fun of it and it's funny and that guy could kiss mayas Okay, that's just the way it's gonna be today, Kathleen Thomas shouts out. She says though she felt very uncomfortable, she said she thought it was just an understanding.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 2: Another new article about this today, and her name all over the place, her place where she lives is named in here. All the stuff about her, not a damn thing about the cop who I think clearly made a pretty big social mistake there. Big thanks to a Zapiko for the three gifted subs the Secret Show. Yes, thank you so much for those. Those are at the end of the show yesterday, so people have already gobbled them up.
Speaker 1: Obviously.
Speaker 2: You can get some action going over on the newsjunkie dot com. You'll see where you can gift secret shows to spread the word. New Secret Show drops tonight as always Fridays, five pm Eastern on Friday, A new show drops. Do not miss it, and we're gonna take a quick break right now. When we come back, we'll get into what's going on with these Freedom two fifty concerts. I guess the people keep dropping out of those. Southwest Airlines has made a policy change. We'll talk about that and air traffic control with a jaw dropping confession. What's happening. It's all coming up next on the news, Chunkie. All right, A lot to sort through here on a Friday, and many many things that I want to touch on here during the show. I did see this, and I don't want to, like, I don't think we necessarily need to use this just for me to do an old man yelling at the clouds type rant here, But I am trying to be realistic about something.
Speaker 1: Okay, have you Grandpa.
Speaker 2: Alhandra, have you gone to your kids graduation? Have you gone to their graduation events?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, what like what graduation was the most recent one? What do you have?
Speaker 1: The most recent was Flodia State University two weeks ago? Wow, my god.
Speaker 2: And that's a huge one, right, that's that must be a massive event. And you go there that and that's like if a kid goes through all of their life, graduates high school the first real goal, right, and then goes off to college and achieves graduation at a especially a college like FS. You must be super proud, right, I mean, obviously that's it. It's a pretty great then super proud. It's super broke. It's expensive, it's very, very, very expensive. But I look at that and I go, hell, yeah, let's celebrate, Let's throw the caps in the air, let's let them do all their things. But I felt like I noticed this time around, when all these graduations have been going on over the last three four weeks and maybe a little bit more, I felt like, now there's more graduations than ever before. Like I see kids in some of the photos people are posting online and they're like, my little Mackenzie just had her graduation from second grade to third grade.
Speaker 1: Yes, and every year.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, every year you get a graduation.
Speaker 1: Now they're making money.
Speaker 2: Going from second grade to third grade is not an accomplishment. It's something that you're supposed to do. It's literally like you do that or you're get in trouble. But now I saw. The other one I saw was like my daughter just graduated pre K.
Speaker 1: Yes, my little nephew had one in Miami pre K graduation and it was a big deal in a bunquet hall. They had to wait money for this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what are they like?
Speaker 1: The kid doesn't know what's going on.
Speaker 2: Pree k. He didn't even accomplish anything. Congratulations for sitting there for four hours a day and having some lady pretend to teach you some you know, some lessons right, Like, you're not doing anything. I don't know why we have so many of these. I feel like you should get like, and this is probably I'm being soft here. I think I think this is softer than a lot of people would be. I feel like you should get a graduation at the end of elementary school because it's kind of like your first thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you did sixth grade.
Speaker 2: Not a big deal though, just a small thing, like, hey, congraduations, you graduated elementary school. You did it middle school. Nothing when you get through high school. I feel like, yes, you should get there should be a graduation because you made it through all the grades and you graduated high school. Should be sort of the minimum for a lot of people. But you did it, So there you go. For mine for my graduation when I graduated high school, my dad goes, I got something for you, and I was like, I've heard about this, a lot of kids getting cars. Here we go. I'm like, I'm rubbing my hands together.
Speaker 1: I'm like, this is happening.
Speaker 2: I heard of another friend who for their graduation present, they got one thousand dollars. My dad goes, I got something for you, and I go, oh, here we go. He's gonna get the key to that new car, new Cadillac or something maybe, or I'm gonna get a thousand bucks. Right now. I'm a party all weekend long. And my dad pops the back of his jeep Cherokee, and I go, it's weird to put the keys of the car in the back of the jeep the trunk. Yeah, maybe they've got a big bow on him or something. And he rounds the side of the jeep Cherokee and I see that my father has purchased for me a twelve pack of natural ice.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I said, oh, well, thank you, sir.
Speaker 2: I'll take it nonetheless. I mean, I might be eighteen years old, not old enough to drink. It's not one thousand dollars, it's not a new Cadillac, but I that's what I got.
Speaker 3: Did you say, natty ice, Yeah, that's Natty ice a stronger one. Yeah, yeah, yeah, which just say, you guys know, at the time, I think a twelve pack of Natty Ice cost.
Speaker 2: Eight dollars or something on it. No, but I was still like, Okay, I got something. I was excited about graduating and it was kind of like a thing I wasn't supposed to have. My dad didn't do that stuff. But that's a that's a graduation. When you get through high school, that's great. When you get through college, that's great. But when you go from third grade to fourth grade, why should you have a party for that?
Speaker 1: Right, You're not a gradu Nobody says I'm a middle school graduate.
Speaker 2: Right, No, nobody says I'm a third grade graduate. Well what grade you went? Well, we just had his graduation, made it from second to third congratulations, I guess. But the problem is if you're a little kid and you just start getting parties for everything, they expect parties for everything, and I think, like down the road, it waters down what those events mean.
Speaker 1: And also it's a lot of it in my estimation.
Speaker 2: Is for the parents. I think the parents want to do this stuff. I think the parents want to flash on social media. Hey, look, my child is doing great, and then they want to celebrate that, and they wanted their friends to see, how look at my adorable kid. That's great. But I think there's too much of that going on. So let us know, hit us up with some of the graduations that you've been to where you were like, there's a party for this, we do a party for this. Person doesn't even know what's going on right now that happens. I went to a two year old's birthday party. All right, some weird ass dude invited me to a two year old's birthday party. Had a whole theme and everything october Fest. Right, there's a keg of october Fest beer. It was a whole thing. This guy was generous. There was beer and pretzels and and all kinds of fun stuff there. But I don't think a two year old even needs a birthday party. Your first birthday party should be five.
Speaker 3: That birthday party was for the father, exactly, it was. You bet your ass it was.
Speaker 1: Now. Even the bounce house was for the father.
Speaker 2: See, I was trying to get his ass in there.
Speaker 1: Oh that's what you're talking about?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh shoot, did I say then? I think with the birthdays and the graduations and the parties. You have to continue to outdo yourself, right, you do, so next year has to be better than that's one. The same thing with the going through the next grade. And yeah, yeah, I guess it.
Speaker 2: Like when I was little, I remember, if I was a sixth seven year old kid, I would get the birthday cake from the grocery store. Don't do that, Josh, you said it. I didn't do the six seventh thing. Thank God the Pope has done it. It's over, so we can retire. I when I was a little kid, I would get the grocery store birthday cake with like he Man and Masters of the Universe or whatever on it's some some some they didn't have the ability to like just put it in a machine and three D painted or whatever they do now. I don't know how they do it, but now anybody can hit a button. You got you got a minion's cake. Back then they had to take the little like gel things and try to create some design and it would be god awful that just really really really really bad. Put their heart in it. They put their heart into it, and it was enough for me. It was enough for me as a kid. And then the next year that wasn't hard to beat. But now the kids too, He's got a bounce house. I'm really focusing this criticism on Sea Lane now, not but the graduations, you know what I mean. Like there and there's so many different things.
Speaker 1: I saw.
Speaker 2: A thing the other day where somebody that I know their daughter just graduated high school. And the daughter graduates high school and her friends come over and they do this thing where they like wrap her car and color around it and chalk on the driveway, and then they go, oh.
Speaker 1: No, this is a thing that we do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like this is a like something that happens when when people graduate, And I go, dude, I've never heard of this in my life, Like this wasn't a thing. What you didn't your friends didn't wrap your car and a bunch of bows and stuff, and it's all.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I feel like this has all come out of almost nowhere. So let me know what you think about that. I've just seen too many people like we can do it for high school, we can do it for college, but we don't need to do it for every little thing out week.
Speaker 1: We get it your anti graduation just saying.
Speaker 2: Go on, now, I'm not anti graduation. I'm anti that many graduations, though, I am. You know, at some point I think you gotta, you got give your kid credit for the stuff they did. All the hundreds kid graduated from FSU. That's amazing, that is fantastic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'm guilty that every year she had a big party every year she finished the grade.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: You did the same. But she was a big party in my house. And the birthday still my wife. Every year she had a big birth like theme like Hello Katie or spongeble or whatever it is.
Speaker 2: It's very expensive, a right, So somebody sends me, somebody sends me the clip of graduating the third grade from It was a Billy Madison. The party, Adam Saydlor goes back, it goes back through school and every week, every two weeks, this guy he's got a bounce house, he's got like a classic cars pulled up, he's you know, he's got everything. So I think that has kind of infested its way into society for some reason.
Speaker 1: Let us know what your thoughts are.
Speaker 2: Set of dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 1: Speaking of that, let's see what we got here.
Speaker 2: Here is a couple of dispatches that are sent in from the app on the website. Let's start with this one. Here's the Brown Pony Hello.
Speaker 4: And we also talk about how cops will make stuff up out of thin air just to meet a quota or write a ticket. I remember a while back, there's a clerical error from a d U I that I got like eight years before.
Speaker 11: That's what.
Speaker 4: Yeah, your license is suspended for something that happened eight years ago. That's odd. Here's a court date. And then I got to thinking, wait, he ran my tag. Never told me why he pulled me over. He can't just legally run my tag for no reason. And then I look at the thing and it says looking at cell phone or a cell phone in hand or using cell phone while driving.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you son of a bee, or I can say bitch or mine.
Speaker 1: So yeah, they just make stuff up sometimes.
Speaker 4: It's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it did happen. I think that's a different thing, though. I really think what was happening here was the police officer who pulled over the woman claiming that she had her phone in her right hand, which she didn't have a right hand. I really think that police officer was embarrassed. I think that he felt dumb for sure, and his reaction to feeling dumb and being embarrassed, instead of kind of laughing it off, was he took himself very seriously and tried to continue to exert dominance over the moment. And instead of adding a little bit of levity and being like, all right, well, yes, you didn't have your phone in your right hand, how an I stay, ma'am, still went and wrote the ticket like I'm going to win. I'm gonna win this battle back and forth between us, and to me, that's kind of dumb. Here is Daddy two times with the dispatch. Let's see what Daddy two times says. So I definitely wanted to laugh at the spelling be compared to other challenges in life.
Speaker 1: But bro, that is hard to do.
Speaker 2: Man, that's hard stuff. Clall forget the Holy Claire assessed Mont french bag gets and what naughts. You could have stopped Eddie Claire for me and been good.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: My daughter can hit the ball over the fence, double triple off a lefty or righty. She can lay a bunch, steal a base, do whatever it may be. I don't know if she could spell it, Claire. Guess what, there's more money in hitting balls then there isn't spelling a Claire so true. Put that on a bumper sticker. Sean Watson, twenty twenty six. There's more money in hitting balls than there isn't spelling of Claire's. A kid got fifty thousand dollars for being literally the best in the world at a thing. There should be nothing out there that if you are the best in the world at it, your prize is fifty thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: That's embarrassing.
Speaker 2: I think even that Jimmy Dean cornhole competitions have bigger prizes than that.
Speaker 1: Well, he's that what we're doing. It's only thirteen. That's a lott of money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but still he's thirteen.
Speaker 1: But he's peaking, you know what he's doing with a fifty thousand little shit's opening up at seven to eleven. Probably that's how it happens that.
Speaker 2: The yeah, next thing, you know, everybody looks around and they're like they own all the seven elevens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they get there.
Speaker 2: The spelling beat a seven eleven pipeline. Those kids are working their asses off, all right. We have a lot more coming in. We'll get to more of your dispatches as we move along here. On a Tuesday, somebody emails about the rocket explosion, saying, the flying penis blew up, uh, and you don't feel bad about it at all. I think it's just insane that we have things like this that happen and then people just go, well, million dollars, you know, shrug your shoulder, move on to the next one. Somebody says, I was waiting for you to say what Elon Musk said about the rocket explosion.
Speaker 1: It was funny.
Speaker 2: Musk responded on x to a video of the Blue Origin explosion, saying, most unfortunate rockets are hard. Have a great day, says Lisa. Thank you, Lisa, appreciate it. Alicia says Sean, you love New Orleans. That have been several times I have. I've been in New Orleans probably ten times. I think I'm shocked you aren't familiar with the term fies do doo. It's a common fun from That's how they say it. The locals said, files do do uh. It's a common Cajun term for a dance party, kind of like a Cajun hoedown. If you will lots of food, dancing, and drinking for the community. If ies do do or faye to do? What is it again?
Speaker 1: Faydo do?
Speaker 2: Happy Friday and enjoy your weekend, says Alisha. Thank you, Alicia, much appreciated. We come back. We'll get to this update from Southwest Airlines. Last thing we heard they were banning robots. Now they got something else they're up to. We'll talk about what that was and this weekend roller coasters. All that means is I have two roller coaster related stories in a row, and one of them makes me shake to my core. What happened? Wait till you hear this. It's coming up next on the news Junkie. The bands are dropping out of that Trump Freedom concert like crazy.
Speaker 1: I guess, dropping like floods.
Speaker 3: It's crazy to me that they all signed a contract and didn't know what it was going to be.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, what are they saying that they're dropping out for. Are they dropping out because it's supposed to be controversial. It shouldn't be controversial, at least not to me. If there's a just because Trump is involved, who cares? If it's America's two hundred and fiftieth celebration and it's like the official government celebration for America. And then I hope people aren't giving them a hard time for performing at that.
Speaker 3: I think it was that they thought it was a completely nonpartisan event and it's become more partisan than they're they're doing.
Speaker 2: Like so there is going to be like a political rally, because that would be a shame too. Like I just wanted to be a raw, raw thing for America, Like, hey, let's this is two hundred and fifty years greatest country in the world. I believe you know. I'm still proud of the United States of America. I think not only are we the greatest country, but we are harder on ourselves than any other country on the planet. There's no doubt about that. I've never seen a country as introspective and difficult on itself as the people of the United States of America. Maybe that's one of the things that makes it a fantastic place. But I mean, for me, if if it's political, that sucks, I don't want them to do a bunch of political stuff.
Speaker 1: Don't make it like a rally.
Speaker 2: I think that they should make it like a great thing where we celebrate America and we should make that as bipartisan as anything in the world can be. All right to me in the United States of America, Republican or Democrat, we should all love the country and want the best for it, right, we should want the best for the United States of America. The moment you don't, the moment I determine you're working against the United States of America, the moment you want like the system to burn down to the ground, Kiss my ass. I don't care about anything you say.
Speaker 1: I want you.
Speaker 2: I wish the worst for you because you wish the worst for this country. I think this should be the most bipartisan thing in the world. That we can all have an American flag and celebrate the Fourth of July and do all of that stuff. I think that's really really good. However, it doesn't seem like it's going that way. It seems like there's bands dropping out every five seconds of this thing. And I think some of the country acts who were the bands that were supposed to perform their down to like three or something.
Speaker 1: Brett Michaels was the most recent to drop out.
Speaker 2: I think, Okay, this says, this story says, and then there were three musical apps keep bailing on Trump's Freedom two fifty concert series. Martina McBride, Young mc CNC, Music Factory, Vanilla Ice, Millie Vanilli, the Commodores, Morris Day in the Time, Flow Rider, and Brett Michaels where the original nine.
Speaker 1: On the lineup. This is the weirdest.
Speaker 2: This is like the music festival where you go, what what's happening here? And sometimes I see a music festival and I'm like, damn, there was there was one they just announced and I was looking at the lineup for this music festival and I knew almost every name and wanted to see all of them performing. Like Alanis Morissett was lining along with Oh god, who who figure out that?
Speaker 1: That show?
Speaker 2: Josh, if you can real quick, it's the it's a festival coming up and Alana Morisset is one of the headliners.
Speaker 11: Oh.
Speaker 2: I looked at everybody. I was like, damn, this is a really really good show. This Freedom two fifty thing is eclectic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that lineup is crazy like one hit Wonders. It's a lot of one hit wonders.
Speaker 3: Uh, you're talking about riot Fest in Chicago, that's it? Yeah, Her Morrissey other.
Speaker 2: Hold on riot Fest Chicago. Here's the lineup. Let me just let me hit you with this, all right, tool twenty one pilots, Alanis Morisset, Bad Religion, Nas, the All American Rejects, taking Back Sunday, Bright Eyes, morrisy Iggy Popes, three oh three, Motion City Soundtrack, Less Than Jake Gore, the Suicide Machines. Like, I don't know if this is just me, but I know every single one of those Performer three is still around. Yeah, they're making a comeback, baby, sure they're they're bringing it back for that.
Speaker 1: I even do some of like the little.
Speaker 2: Names on this list and the insane clown posse people are going to be there for God's.
Speaker 1: Sake, Violent Jay and Shaggy two Dope, You bet your ass, Josh, they're going to be there.
Speaker 2: But then I looked at this one and I said, Martina McBride, Young MC and CNC Music Factory, who booked it. It's America, Don't we have a big budget. Don't like Ryan Fest does not have the budget that the United States of America has. All Right, I don't know what happened here, but we ended up with the Commodore's Millie Vanilli Vanilla Ice Morris Day in the Time. I mean, what what what young kid isn't going to get fired up for Morris Day in the Time? The kids love Jungle? Is that the biggest song the time? Good God Flow Ride of Brett Michaels. You know, all of all of the bands that were playing there, so it says, and then there were three, maybe even only two after a late breaking up date. The musical lineup for the Freedom two fifty concert series, marketed is the Great American State Fair, has been remarkedly hard to keep up to date. Just one day after it was announced, two thirds of the musical acts have dropped out, some even saying they had no idea they were performing at the event or misled about being it being political. The announcement itself raised eyebrows immediately, with a full list of bands, rappers, and singers who mostly peaked before gen Xers were copying Jennifer Aniston's Rachel haircut from Friends. God that's bad writing. God, that's bad writing. I'm stopping there. So I guess they've reworked this because all of these people have dropped out of the of the lineup on this thing, And why don't we have a better lineup. It's America?
Speaker 13: Is it?
Speaker 2: Because it's a political thing? What is happening here that we can't get a better lineup? So he says, I think Gore is at Spooky Empire, you know. I mean that's great, but like we should be able to get a huge, like the craziest lineup ever. I don't know who the biggest stars are right now, but they should be performing at the Americans, you know, America two hundred and fifty event, the Freedom tow to fifty event. It doesn't seem like that's the case. Unfortunately, didn't even originally sing like, yeah, they didn't even make the songs for God's say, hold on, this says worry about this and not who I'm performing for Freedom Williams, I don't even know that.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know who all the people are who are dropping out, but I guess a lot of them have. And more and more people are are saying that's it. We're not performing at this However, CNC Music Factory is doubling down, firing back at the critics. They're still performing despite all of the heat that they're getting for this. I just think it's kind of silly, But let us know what you think. Give us your dispatches over at the newschunkie dot com right now, and of course your emails tips at thenews junkie dot com. A big change for Southwest Airlines is up next now. They just announced not long ago that Southwest Airlines was banning the travel of robot companions, which is kind of strange. It wasn't a huge issue for them before this, but they're banning robots on Southwest Airlines flights. However, they've rolled back something else. Let me bring this story up here because Southwest is announcing that they are updating their extra seat policy for people who are fat, people who take up.
Speaker 1: A little bit more room on the plane.
Speaker 2: Southwest Airlines set it updated's policy for plus sized passengers. They are no longer required to purchase an extra seat in advance, and they said airport agents can offer an additional seat at no extra cost when space is available. On flights where adjacent seats are available, our agents at the airport are empowered to provide an additional seat at no extra costs to customers who require one. They said, if another seat is not available, we will work to accommodate the customer On a later flight, so they're like, look, if you need two seats, we're not charging you. At Southwest Airlines, robots, the clankers are banned. The fatties are in, and you get extra space for free. You're good to go, as long as it's a fan. I pay for my check bags. You got to pay for your check bags. Yes, I'm real. But they don't want to discriminate against the larger passengers. I guess is that under the new policy, passengers who do not book an extra seat in event still risk being not able to board their original flight if no additional seats are available. So they put a little stress on the fat people, so that if you're sitting there, you're like, oh, boy, hope this flight isn't sold out. And if the flight is sold out, they come over to you and they're like, excuse me, mister fatty, I have to inform you, doctor fatty. I'm sorry, doctor fatty, I have to inform you that the flight is full and you're going to need an extra seat, so we're going to put you on a later flight. I'm sorry, it's just the way it is. Who my father is. They don't care. They are not worried about it in the slightest. Let us know what you think. Send a dispatch over at the news Junkie dot com. Here goes Mark with an email to tips at the news Junkie dot com. What's up, Sean, Josh and Alejandro? The words that the Spelling Bee kids see during the competition shouldn't be hard to them. They get enough practice learning how to spell each other's names, says Big Mark JKA Happy Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Speaker 1: All Big Mark, you know what, like, if you want.
Speaker 2: To take a shot at the kids for being Indian a lot of the kids who win the Spelling Bee, I think that's a misfire, bro, because isn't it even more impressive that the Indian families are winning at the English language. It's not even their like their parents didn't even natively speak this language. In some cases.
Speaker 3: English plus French plus els plus whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, that was in English.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah right? It was just like it's like every language you could think of and every word you can think of. I don't think that's the own you might think it is, Mark. I think it just makes it more impressive to me. Actually, all right, a couple of things here before we go to break. I said that I'd have this weekend roller coasters for you, and of course I do. Because there's a believe or not a couple of roller coaster stories. One is out of Galveston where a whole bunch of students, eight of them, in fact, we're stuck on this roller coaster for quite a long time, actually for hours and hours and hours.
Speaker 1: Nightmare.
Speaker 2: They here they are dangling in the air.
Speaker 5: Students was stuck for hours like that sucks mans way through one hundred foot vot lift.
Speaker 2: God, it's literally the worst night marriage position.
Speaker 1: You know, at least they weren't facing down right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess, yeah, So it is the the roller coaster is stuck. Just so everybody knows. Imagine you're going up, You're going straight up on the roller coaster, and at the top you're gonna turn and go immediately straight down, sort of like a hairpin turn. Well, when the roller coaster is going up at its tallest incline, you're looking straight up in the air, and it gets stuck right before it was going to go on the decline. So you're just staring at the clouds. And apparently for hours and hours they were stuck one hundred foot up on this vertical lift on something called the Iron Shark, a ride in Galveston, Texas. The high school students were on a field trip. They've all been rescued in confirmed safe, but I imagine this would freak you out.
Speaker 5: The Iron Shock riding Goveston suffered a malfunction and even the eighth passenger stranded until Firefight Says could rescue them. The high school students were on a field trip and have all been rescuing for firm safe. Jesus my OUs that a thorough inspection will take place before it's placed back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 2: It's almost more scary because they had to bring up this fire ladder, and then the fire ladder was like below where the roller coaster got stuck, and then they'd have to pull them out of the roller coaster, and then they have to climb all the way down the gigantic fire ladder after being stuck up there one hundred feet in the air for hours and hours on end, which is just a total nightmare.
Speaker 1: I'm good.
Speaker 2: The other story on this I'm gonna save because I want to do it after we do the hot sheet, because it's pretty crazy and there's some good audio that goes along with we got our friend Moses Dewitch sweeping by the studio to hang out with us. In just a bit, we continue, We got our friend a Lejandro on board and a bunch more to get to on a busy Friday on the show, and that is coming up next. I'm going to use Chunkie. You'll learn more about the show over on thenewsjunkie dot com Before we.
Speaker 1: Get into the hot sheet.
Speaker 2: One thing I saw was, uh, the story about Costco, which was pretty I don't know, maybe like a sign of the times and how some of you think times are tough right now, things are really expensive. Mostly you think that because it's true, right everything's expensive. Gas is expensive because we're fighting sand wars across the globe right now. I don't know why we're doing it. From I saw this story about Costco, Josh, are you a Are you a Costco member?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, I'm a member, Buddy.
Speaker 2: I forgot, yeah, I forgot, all right, what about you, Alejandro? You a Costco member?
Speaker 1: No Costco? BJS? Oh he's a BJS guy, So you ain love that one.
Speaker 2: You don't run into the BJS supporters as often.
Speaker 1: I wish run into them more of.
Speaker 2: You don't run into the people who enjoy shopping at BJ.
Speaker 1: Yeah that more often.
Speaker 2: Costco announced that they were like, the company is cranking right now. Third quarter sales of sixty nine billion dollars. Damn son, take that, DJs. Sixty nine billion dollars is the third quarternet sales for Costco up eleven point six year over year, and the company is just soaring. And when it came down to why, it's not just membership fees, it's not just all of the stuff that they are selling like crazy over at Costco. One of the biggest things the record sales that's going on is gas. And that's when you know gas is expensive when people start flexing on that that membership perk where Costco gives you a pretty damn good deal on gasoline. And they said they have ever seen as many people hauling ass to the pumps over at Costco. They said there are people who had never used them before, not once. They've been Costco members for decades, never once have they used the feature, the membership perk of being able to go get gas at the Costco gas stations for a discount. But now gas is so expensive that they're utilizing the Costco deal, and so it's just made a huge gain for the company.
Speaker 1: And I'm sure a lot of you have taken a doing this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like at least twenty cents cheaper at Costco.
Speaker 2: That's a good deal. Yeah, I mean like you're filling up your whole ass tank because that's a pretty good deal that you're snagging there. However, I will tell you if you just use my advice that I gave you this week on the show, you'll do even better. Like don't listen to the man, the man that tells you you must put gasoline in your car. You put a little gas in, a little bit of this and a little bit to that. Yeah, totally probably still function. What kind of car are you driving these days? A Lejandro Genie drive? Oh that's right, you got the Jeep. Did you have a Tesla for a little while, Yeah, sometime, which is great. No, guess does she drive an icer car than you? Is that the case?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Always?
Speaker 2: Why is it that? Why is that always the case? And it's the same same thing at my place, just.
Speaker 1: The way it goes. Does your wife drive an icer car than you?
Speaker 2: Josh?
Speaker 1: No, I have the newer, nicer.
Speaker 2: Nah, we got one victory.
Speaker 1: I'm in charge one victory. Okay, let's get into it.
Speaker 2: Here we go, Let's do the hot sheet.
Speaker 1: New but not like that's again to be parting on the planet.
Speaker 15: Top stories from the people on your screens and speakers are on the hot sheet.
Speaker 1: With Sea Lane, not with Sea Lane.
Speaker 3: I'm Josh, by the way, Oh okay, and I have the hot and it is the five greatest stories in this celestial plane in which we exist. And you will never hear anything better than what I'm about to tell you, So strap in, buddy.
Speaker 2: I almost feel like this is because I told Sela yesterday. I was like, why do you start the hot sheet and run down what you're doing? Sights like this is a nonsense news, no one cares.
Speaker 1: I hate doing this.
Speaker 2: I was like, you gotta ramp it up, man. Tell him it's the most important stuff in the world, Josh says, is the celestial masterpiece.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's right.
Speaker 3: And we start with that judge that we talked about earlier this week that is in trouble for having very loud sex in their chambers, just with an earshot of their associates as it were. The judge has been revealed as Judge Eleanor Ross of the Northern District of Georgia. And if she sounds familiar to you because you follow judges for some reason, it's because she was appointed by Barack Obama during his second term. And in November of twenty twenty two, she was the judge who sentenced Todd Chris Lee to twelve years in federal customers as part of this fraud in tax evasion case.
Speaker 2: Really, I didn't even think it was going to be a woman, because at first they didn't name the judge, But now they are, and and the judge is having sex with like this prominent police officer in her judge's chambers, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she was having an affair with Atlanta Police Department Deputy Chief Kelly Collier Collier something like that in her chambers.
Speaker 1: There she is her glory.
Speaker 3: Chris Lee served more than three years of his sentence before President Trump parted him last year, and he is already ripping the judge on social media, shocker, blasting her as a quote corrupt judge who couldn't focus on our case because she was too busy clapping dim cheeks in her chambers. Okay, that's from Todd Chrisley himself.
Speaker 1: Uh, he's a little vested.
Speaker 3: I will yeah, he's I guess revenge is the best dish, best serve cold or whatever.
Speaker 2: But it did say that they could hear it said she's fifty eight years old. By the way, they had sex in the judges chambers during business hours. That was loud enough that court staff could hear moans and kissing sounds. So I don't know if the walls are a little thin in the judges chambers or if these are fifty eight almost sixty year old people that are just getting loud and doing it proud. Eh.
Speaker 1: You know you gotta have a hobby. I guess you compress as a judge.
Speaker 3: Gypsy Rose Blanchard, remember her, says, remorse will hit hard for McKenzie Sherrilla, the subject of the documentary The Crash, who killed both her boyfriend and their friend in a high speed crash into a wall on purpose.
Speaker 1: The judge determined. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Gypsy sat down with Charlie niff on the t Z and was very outspoken about Mackenzie's situation. Based on what she saw on the Netflix doc Gypsy thinks Mackenzie is not remorseful in the slightest duh. And it's going to take a lot of reflection, hard work and growing up. And Gypsy says remorse will actually be the key to Mackenzie's potential freedom and she will have to get to that point if she ever wants to get out on parole.
Speaker 2: So see this, said all Alejandro. The documentary about this girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just watched it last weekend. What'd you think? It's scary? Man, having tenish kids held here in still it was a scary.
Speaker 2: But she was a parlandro as a parent, didn't you look at how her parents were acting in that like I was.
Speaker 1: It was driving me crazy. Y Yeah, the whole history is I said, They just say, no, she's fine, she's just a cud.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everything, Like there's so many things where as a parent you would go, this is bad. This is a bad sign, this is a bad sign. You got to be tough on your kids every once in a while. But they excused her behavior at every turn. And she's still responsible for herself and she's the one who drove this thing into a brick wall or whatever to get back at her at her boyfriend. It would seem but those parents like they absolutely.
Speaker 1: Were part of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they suck. That's bad, bad parenting. Puka Nikuwa you may know him, yes, exactly, p u k A n u k A. You got the first name right. The last name is Nacua. He is a superstar RAMS receiver who got in a little bit of trouble at a New Year's party for biting a girl on the back and the really stupid how does this even happen? They were partying and he bit her and then she filed charges against him. Anyway, he ended up, this twenty five year old guy ended up going to rehab, and he took the podium after practice on Thursday and emphasized how he's doing better mentally after seeking treatment at a.
Speaker 1: Facility in Malibu, and I hoped it was passages in Malibu.
Speaker 2: He says.
Speaker 3: Some of the things I feel like I've learned is it's okay to ask for support and to recognize the platform that I have being a professional football player and trying to use that for the betterment of myself and blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: He'd been a.
Speaker 3: Girl Andy's Andy said something anti semitic apparently, so double whammy on that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll do it too.
Speaker 3: It will Angelina and Jolie. Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt's son, Maddix is dropping Pitt from.
Speaker 1: His last name. Oh my, okay, no, it's very upsetting.
Speaker 3: Maddix Jolie Pitt will now just be Maddix Jolie because daddy issues or something.
Speaker 2: She's got the she's got the kids hating Brad Poh yeah again. I think there there was a documentary speaking of that that I watched over the last weekend, something like What Happened Upstairs or something like that. This new docu series about this woman and a man that had a child or a couple of kids together, and their kids started to get a little older, and they had a very content divorce, and it was clear that she was kind of trying to get the kids to be on her side, and then it escalated to the point where all of a sudden, the kids were out of nowhere saying that the dad was sexually abusing them, and the dad would have to wear like a go pro when he was meeting with the kids to record everything to make sure like he could prove that he didn't do anything wrong, because the kids would go back and then they'd say, like, you know, this is what happened. We were God, those those kind of custody situations can get so nasty.
Speaker 3: It's just wild touck sick. And I'll leave you with this cosmically incredible story. This lady, how did you know Jennifer Lopez attended her daughter's high school graduation?
Speaker 2: Oh wow, yeah, I know, big, big news, big news. Oh hadro He really kind of shoehorns the j Loo stories. And if you haven't noticed, what.
Speaker 1: Are you talking about? That's a big story. It's her daughter Emmy, who has a twin name Max, but he went to a different school so they had separate graduations. Oh so sorry.
Speaker 3: And then if you want to watch some TV this weekend, uh, you know you got some NBA's, some hockeys, and all the late shows are on repeats, some baseball, lots of sports going on, and uh, a show called Deli Boys is on Hulu now apparently, and I don't know if it's about sandwiches or India.
Speaker 1: So there you go. And that's your hot sheet. Does you have an outro?
Speaker 7: Is?
Speaker 1: Doesn't it shows how much I pay attention?
Speaker 12: You know?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, I'll let them know that you said that.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: When we come back, we're get geared up from our friend Mose to Wit Moses de Witt, excuse me, most Wi will be joining us on the show. We're not calling him Moss. Moses DeWitt will be joining us on the show very very soon. Here we'll see what's going on in his world. Run some questions by him. In fact, somebody just said an anonymous question that I please ask mo this. It's incredibly important. I've got it ready and we'll ask that's come in just a bit. I have that other roller coaster story, which is something a mandated at six Flags that got him banned for life forever.
Speaker 1: This guy is banned.
Speaker 2: I want to tell you what he did, and you tell me if he deserved a lifetime band, because that is coming up next in the news. Junkie whoever asked if I got a response from the suits about the email, I have not sent it just yet. I will probably after I post secret shows later on today, and then that'll head us into the month of June, which my contract with the company ends on June thirtieth, and I've decided I'm not going to do any kind of extension. I'm not going to do any of that. What is going to happen is I'm going to respond to this email well that was sent over by the suits, and I'm gonna say, look, here, here's what I want. And if you give this to me or you don't, and and if you don't trust me, the uh the other folks will every other major broadcasting company will give me what I'm looking for.
Speaker 1: And I think iHeart probably will too, but I have not sent that just yet. I will send that, I think.
Speaker 2: Probably, you know, six seven o'clock this afternoon, and then we'll see, we'll see what happened.
Speaker 1: I mean, I gotta get a La Hondro to uh to write it for me.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna really need him to push it through because he's got the best rep with the suits here at iHeart, I think, right, you.
Speaker 1: Know, I tried that he know what before, Remember how that ended up?
Speaker 2: It didn't work out for it, No, but it worked out well because they brought you back.
Speaker 3: For god right, You're like, you know, you made a compelling argument, Come on throw a few moments.
Speaker 1: I was like, forget that, you just give me whatever you would.
Speaker 2: I think there's nothing more flattering in the world. Than the company firing you and then asking if you come back, because they're like, you know what, We've made a huge mistake here. We can't get her. Rumba's falling apart. Man, we don't know how any of this stuff works over here. That's why I gotta keep your hands in as many different to keep give as many irons in the fire as as you possibly can. And they say round here, you got to make yourself involved in so many things. Sea Lane has just got He's got his hands in everything. For God's sake, he's even a TNJ chat right now. I don't know why.
Speaker 1: I don't know what he's doing over there?
Speaker 5: Is he is?
Speaker 2: He? I don't see why. What are you doing a great job over there, Joey.
Speaker 3: I learned during the break that he was changing the screen behind me the whole time, more like the not sheet.
Speaker 2: So he's utilizing the screen behind you, just out of your your view to take veiled shots at you during the show when he's off on vacation on a train right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, this is the kind of stuff that he gets up to.
Speaker 2: This is this is the habit of of his I think, uh, he'll be back on on Monday, And we have a lot coming up in the month of June, not just this contract battle, but but a lot of other things that are happening. And I think we might have some pretty cool announcements about the future of the show within the next month or so. We're definitely gonna have some some announcements about the future of the show in the month of June. I'll tell you that there's.
Speaker 1: Gonna think there's gonna be a big one.
Speaker 2: I have a massive plan and it involves what I view as the future of this show. And and if I Heart's on board, then they'll make the deal that I want. If they're not on board, then I'll make the deal with ihearts competitors. That's just how it goes. And somebody said, should I cash out my stock? No, man stay involved in the I heard stock for now. What's iHeart stock at GOA lately? Has it okay? Because when I told you to buy this, I heard stock had dipped below a dollar. It's still at four dollars and twenty eight cents. All right, we did well, we wrote it. I don't think it's time to get off just yet. I think there's a little bit more in there for you know, a little bit more squeezing the juice. How do they say it, juice and the squeeze.
Speaker 1: You're getting more juice for the squeeze.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But I'm saying is the juice ain't worth the squeeze and you're trying to retrofit it.
Speaker 2: I want to yeah, because I want to say it's we're not done here. There's a little bit more left. Four dollars and twenty eight cents. I think we can get a little bit more out of the iHeartMedia stock. But at some point maybe that's time to attempted, time to dump that as well.
Speaker 1: All right, here's the story that I was holding over.
Speaker 2: I wanted to tell you guys about this because you can tell me if you think that this guy deserved a lifetime ban. He did get banned, not only from the place he was at, which is a place called Cedar Point. I've never been to it, but he got banned from every single six Flags in the country, oh, all of the six Flags properties, which I hate to say, nothing against you six Flags, but if you banned me for all of the six Flags locations in the country, it would impact my life, not at all. I would not be impacted. I don't miss out possibly the fun. But we don't need to hear. I mean, we have too many better options, at least in central Florida, for God's sake. But a guest at Ohio's Cedar Point Amusement Park has earned a lifetime ban from all Six Flags properties. Stupid question. Do they have six and that's why it's called six flags or how many? How many total six flags are there? Uh? Look, yes, the six flags is like different flags that they display, like the Texas one and all.
Speaker 1: Of that flags over Texas and whatnot.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Alan Farrell, a content creator with millions of followers across Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube, appeared to do something that got him booted out of the property and a lifetime banned from all six Flags six Flags, all six Flags properties. And I have the video. Let's see if we can play this here? Okay, here he is. It's like a YouTube short. So he goes on the roller coaster at six Flags and he's snuck in nuggets and he tried to eat the nuggets as he was riding the roller coaster. This is what got him a lifetime eat a ten piece nugget while.
Speaker 1: On a roller coaster? What is wrong with you with Phil?
Speaker 2: All right, sneak some of his pants, asks, I do not have chicken nuggets on my underwear? All right, all right? He gets on the roller coaster. No there, he goes, Okay, yeah, I imagine for a YouTube shows like he's not gonna curse. However he does and he starts to pound the nuggets. I'm watching now you can go back to this show. He's going on the roller coaster at six Flags and he's trying to eat the ten nugs as he's doing he's even trying to dunk.
Speaker 1: So stupid, it's so dumb.
Speaker 2: They should have They absolutely should have banned this guy, which is what they did. And he screamed as he goes around trying to eat all ten nuggets on the ride. Did we find out how many places he's now banned from?
Speaker 1: Uh, there's a lot. Let me count real quick.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I didn't think there were that many. So somebody says there's one in New Jersey. It's even got a Safari zoo. That sounds nice.
Speaker 1: So he's banned from every single property that they own, right, yeah, all of them.
Speaker 2: Every six Flags park, he's banned for lifetime ban, which is brutal. It says safety is a cornerstone of our business. We have zero tolerance for inappropriate and unsafe behavior. Our ride safety policy strictly prohibits all loose articles on rides, including food which could become a choking hazard, which is yeah, that's true. You want somebody to choke to death on a chicken nugget?
Speaker 3: This is how it happened. Na's banned from thirty nine properties. No way, they have one in Saudi Arabia there, Oh, definitely not. Okay, that's the most fun.
Speaker 2: Six Flags has how many thirty nine?
Speaker 1: They got one to Mexico too.
Speaker 2: He's banned from every single one of them. This guy all for the glory of a couple of views over on YouTube. Let us know what you think. Send a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com. All right, let's see what we have here. A couple of people are weighing in. Let's start with some emails. This is from Carol to Tips at the Neewsjunkie dot com. Carol says, hi, friends, I'm listening to the podcast and you were discussing the excitement of the Queen of Taco Bell.
Speaker 1: I remember that way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this was the lady who they built a Taco bell in her city, and she was as excited as a human being could be. She was completely thrilled, and she called herself the Queen of Taco Bell. She situated her whole life. She says, you had terminal cancer and this is the highlight of her life that they open this taco bell. So Carol says, I currently live in upstate New York, and the closest Taco bell is almost forty miles away. Jesus, for the sake of guy, we have a McDonald's and Arby's and what may be the most poorly run subway in the United States of America. If we got a Taco Bell, I'd run for queen, and I would ride on a float through town and the parade for our annual cream Cheese festival. I miss the conveniences of bigger towns. Wiggle wiggle, pop pop, says Carol. I mean that's that small town thing. It's so crazy, like you don't realize all the things that you have and the things you take advantage of or take for granted until you go to a smaller town like I live in a great spot, like literally where my house is. There is nothing that is not within almost walking distance of where I'm at, from the grocery stores to big box stores to I'm giving away too much personal information about my location here, to home improvement stores. Right. Yeah, everything you could think of is within a very short walking distance of where I am. And I take that for granted because I live, you know, very close to a decent sized city. But in some of these smaller towns they are still thrilled about that stuff. Brenda emails Tips at the news Junkie dot com. Happy belated birthday, Sean. She says, let's talk about that Anna Kepner case for a second. This is the cruise ship stepsister murder. That boy needs to be in jail now, Brenda says, I agree with you. It's an open and shutcase. Having him on any sort of house arrest is a joke, and the judge is looking stupid for his ruling yesterday.
Speaker 1: You also talked about caves. I'm with you on that as well.
Speaker 2: No cave diving in my life, and no walking in underground caves like it's a cool thing to do. It's not, says Rand. Very much anti cave in her world, I guess and of very quickly. I wanted to mention something here from our friend DJ Rage. He says, Hi, Sean to tips at the news Junkie dot Com. I don't know if you'll get to this during secret shows spoiler alert, I did not. Oh if you could give Stacy's mom a shout out, she has been a teacher for thirty five years and her last day was yesterday she retired, Thank you, says DJ Rage. Well, congratulations to Stacy's mom. There somewhere thirty five years anything is incredibly impressive. I'm working at a place for that long, is you know, that's a lot of your life for God, especially with.
Speaker 1: Youths Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you. That's why people always say, Sean, you think teachers make enough money? They get the summers off. Do you think they make too much money? I said, I always look at it. Do I want to do that job? And teacher is one of those things that will be at the bottom of my list. I have no interest in dealing with kids, especially younger kids. So anybody that wants to be a teacher, hell yeah, man, throw money at those people because it's an important job. And maybe you can help turn around these kids. So many of them have parents who aren't doing a damn thing about it. So I salute you, and I salute all the teachers out there. Thank you to Stacy's mom for thirty five years at her gig. A couple of dispatches very quickly, here's somebody saying they saw a stuck roller coaster just like this.
Speaker 1: When we talked about let's see.
Speaker 15: Howdy folks, Kurt here sean about that stuck roller coaster. I got to see a story like that once in person. Back in ninety nine Bush Gardens Williams for a brand new coaster and open called alpin Geist, and it's actually the opening help for the roller coaster, and that's part of the reason I had gone there, and I got to see it get stuck about I don't know, third of the way up the loop. Cars up front were kind of slightly inverted, and the people in the bottom, oh no, that is until someone cud of the vehicles and it fell down and totally landed on someone and that was not a pretty sight.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I try to keep my distance with away from some of this stuff, just just on a personal level. I think that roller coasters are fun, but I don't ever want to be in the situation that got Crypto just described right there. That's a pass for me.
Speaker 1: Kind of funny to see from the distance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people, it's so disgusting when you end up in a situation like that and then you're stuck. So someone now has puked on you from above, there might be more coming and there's absolutely nothing that you can do that That is a real moment for you. Here's somebody on America's two hundred and fiftieth celebration. Ted Hi. It's Ted from Leasbarke, Florida.
Speaker 9: Told you if they want to really celebrate two and fifty years of great America, they should put some great bands on like the Beach Boys, Jane and Americans, the Four Seasons.
Speaker 2: You say, Jay and the Americans. I think, so, what's that? I never even heard of it. He said they should put on some great bands like the Beach Boys, Jay and e Americans. Those types of bands were real American bands. Those are.
Speaker 1: Just like the Jay and the Americans.
Speaker 2: I never heard of j In.
Speaker 3: The classic vocal group that emerged from the nineteen sixties pop rock scene, Uh Top Song come a little bit closer a little bit.
Speaker 2: Do we know that?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't even think I've I've heard of that song before.
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 12: You know?
Speaker 1: Uh this is actually a cover from them, this magic moment.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I do know that man moment. I mean, sir, no, no disrespect meant at all. All right, absolutely no disrespect to you. But do you think Jay and the Americans is going to fire up a crowd of people?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: I like the Beach Boys, and I went to see the Beach Boys and it was, I mean, these beautiful music, some great songs, but it was kind of a yawn.
Speaker 1: Fit, isn't it kind of just John Stamos with a backing band?
Speaker 2: Now, Yeah, there's like one of the Beach Boys that's still with the band, and John Stamos is kind of the big star now, And I like, I don't know what am I crazy here? I would have thought that they would have like Drake or I don't know who's the most who are the like, who are the most popular?
Speaker 1: Taylor Swift, maybe Post Malone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, some jelly roll, Like get out some big names and get some people who are like, wow, these are really impressive big performers.
Speaker 1: Pearl Jam Maah Pearl jam, I guess, I mean they're great.
Speaker 2: I don't know what they've done in a while. Get a lot us more set from that other, that other concert that she's doing. It's America. I feel like we should have the best performers ever. But maybe everything's just stupid political now. It's America. But you named like three Canadians.
Speaker 1: Drake, and.
Speaker 2: You're right, I need to lay off the Canadian musicians. I need only Americans. Who's the most famous Lady Gaga.
Speaker 3: American musician, pop star? Yeah, Taylor Swift is a huge star.
Speaker 1: Still we.
Speaker 2: Could we're America. We've got like we have a seemingly unending budget to spend on everything else. We can't get like really impressive performers for the two hundred and fiftieth celebration. I really feel like we should be able to Okay, quick break when we come back, we'll see what's going on in your world. As these dispatches roll in, we got mo to Wit. That's right, he's joining us. We have a moment that has led to a huge investigation. We have jury duty, We have all of this and so much more, and it's all coming up next on the news Chunkie. You're gonna have fights every once in a while, right, Couples fight, It's just a fact of life.
Speaker 1: Even a Lejandro and his wife fight every now and then.
Speaker 2: A right, more often than not, we have these fights with explosive fights, and then then you make up and you know, all is well after that. I'm sure even Josh Josh and his lovely wife just this scrap every once in a while. But sometimes I see these fights and I go, oh God, it's a whole different game going on for that couple.
Speaker 1: And this is one of those.
Speaker 2: This is in Butler County, Pennsylvania, and I just had to share this story with you. A fight between a husband and a wife ended with a large chunk of their house missing.
Speaker 1: All right, this is the level of fight they were up to.
Speaker 2: The damage to the house is so severe that investigators are concerned about the house's structural integrity. That's crazy to me, because they're concerned about the structural integrity of this house. And then yet, we had this house in Florida that went viral this week, which looked like it was on pallets like forty feet.
Speaker 1: High or something in the front yard.
Speaker 2: I don't know exactly how high it was, but like it was, it's a house that they like basically jacked up into the air four feet twenty four feet.
Speaker 1: They put twenty four feet of pallettes underneath it.
Speaker 2: And then this person's house is I guess, maybe even worse off than that one.
Speaker 1: This one in Pennsylvania. Here's the story behind this one.
Speaker 2: According to local reports, forty eight year old Eric pir Wuza used a Kubota excavator. I'm not a construction guy. Is excavator to rip a part the home during a fight with his wife. I'd like to know what she said to him, because I'll make sure I don't say it. The forty two years i've been married, I've never threatened to tear the house down, one of their neighbors said. The fight reportedly started after the guy return home after a night out drinking. His wife told him that their marriage was over, and he said, if it's over, I'll tear the house down. She said it's over. He proceeded to tear the house down with an excavator. He followed through on his promise and was later arrested. I think this is CBS news.
Speaker 14: Video shows the massive damage. My police say an argument between a husband and wife spiraled out of control too.
Speaker 2: Oh, he just straight up started ripping away at the front of the house with this excavator, just demolishing a good portion of the house here.
Speaker 1: This this is a Pittsburgh TVs.
Speaker 2: Theay Morning.
Speaker 14: Investigators say forty eight year old Eric Piersa used a Koboda excavator to rip apart the rear of the family's home.
Speaker 2: Jeez, I know what she said to him, because I'll make sure I'll say okat.
Speaker 14: Piers's wife told police her husband arrived at the family's home after drinking all night and began arguing with her when she told him the marriage was over. Investigators say he responded with a chilling threat. If it's over, I'll tear.
Speaker 2: The house down.
Speaker 1: I like the quote they put up. If it's over, I'll tear the house down. If this is over, I'll share the house down.
Speaker 2: Then he did sport Johnson said, it's got a nice open floorplan. Now, yeah, it does, it does? Did he win the argument? I mean when I look at this, I go this is another level. Okay, this is a whole another level of fighting that we're watching on display here. Down forty two years, I've been married.
Speaker 14: We yell each other all the time, but I've never threatened to tear the house down, police say. Moments later, Piersa climbed into the excav and began tearing into the house while his wife and two daughters were still inside. My God criminal complaint says dispatchers could hear yelling and the sound of the excavator during the nine to one one call. Investigators say after the destruction stopped, Pierza went back inside, grabbed a gin bag, and took off toward Fawn Township before eventually being taken into custody.
Speaker 2: What did he get arrested because he was drunk, wasn't he?
Speaker 1: That's what they said. This started this.
Speaker 2: He came all home after a night all out, all night drinking, and Abraham Dragonfrid says, can't believe she's divorcing him.
Speaker 1: That sounds nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, who could have seen this coming at all? Who would have ever thought that maybe this would be a problem here? This guy is absolutely not I think it's gonna happen out here.
Speaker 14: Neighbors we spoke with off camera say they're still struggling to understand what happened. One man who says he knows piersa personally.
Speaker 2: What's going on. There's like an entire convoy of cars at this house, which I don't know if they own all these cars one, two, three, four, five, six vehicles outside the house. Like it's a nice looking house, right, that actually has some money, or was before he took the excavator to the front of it and started destroying his own place.
Speaker 14: It has hunted with him before, described him as a big outdoorsman and said he was shocked by the allegations. Piers is now facing charges including causing a catastrophe, reckless disorderly conduct.
Speaker 2: Does the hell of a thing to get sharged? We heard that before? What are you in for causing a catastrophe? Sure, buddy, what what level? I guess this level of destruction is what you have to get to.
Speaker 1: So you have an excavator so you can make threats like that, right, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true. Right, hold on causing a catastrophy? That that is a crime I've not heard of. But let's see what that like. Is there a certain level of damage that you have to get to? Here? It is section three three to two zero causing or risking a catastrophe. A person who causes a catastrophe by explosion, fire, flood, avalanche, collapse of a building, release of poison, gas, radioactive material, or any other harmful or destructive force or substance, or by any other means, is in violation of this law and commits a felony of the first degree risking catastrophe. A person is guilty of felony of the third degree IV he recklessly creates a risk of catastrophe in the employment of fire, explosives, or other dangerous means. So it's a really strange sort of law that they probably have to use.
Speaker 1: That avalanche is in there's yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, and I feel so bad as kids were inside the house. I couldn't even imagine, like you're watching your dad. He's drunk outside, ripping the house to shreds. Is your inside? That's one from Oh Yeah, I'll ask them about this because I had not heard of that previously. Let us we think big. Thanks by the way to sun State John for the thirteen gift Yes subscriptions. Secret Show subscriptions available for you to nab over at the Neewsjunkie dot com. There's probably a couple left. There's six of those left, thirteen gifted subs from sun State John, the King of gifted subs over there on the website, and you could also claim them right in the app if you want to, So go do that. Thank sun State John. Dropping the chatter somewhere and say thank you and claim your secret Show subscription courtesy of sun State John and these thirteen gifted subs. I saw this, I asked this on chat. I did see some people who are against that. I don't understand being against this. I really don't. I know, even if you're one of these very political weirdos, I still don't understand being against this because I'm seeing that there's now been a big step toward or this move to eliminate property taxes in the state of Florida. And even if you hate Ron DeSantis, the governor of Florida, like why wouldn't you be down for this? We the push is to change this. Here's how it would work. According to Seeking Alpha, the proposal scales up the homestead exemption for a primary residence, raising it from fifty thousand dollars to two hundred and fifty thousand dollars. According to the Governor's office, this change would wipe out property taxes for around sixty percent of Florida homeowners. Yes, the long term plan would target a five hundred thousand dollars exemption. It would effectively eliminate the property taxes for ninety two percent of residents across the state of Florida. Florida legislators will be called to Tallahassee for a special legislative session to debate the proposal and its financial implications. To be passed, it, we need a sixty percent super majority approval in both the House and the Senate, followed by at least sixty percent vote approval in the future statewide election. Why like, why would you be against this if they tell you, like, let's just say you got to take a couple things for granted here, Let's say they tell you that you don't have to worry. They're going to find ways to balance out the budget. Here, don't worry the funding is replaced because they said they've got a couple of things that they're gonna do. They're gonna they're gonna invest some of the money coming in. There might be higher property taxes for the highest end property owners.
Speaker 1: In the state of float.
Speaker 2: The people who have the most will foot a little bit more of the bill, which is an idea that lots of people have been floating around, even Bezos. Bezos is like, you know, people who make under I forgot what amount, he said, like one hundred thousand or something something like that, ye shouldn't pay any property taxes. So this is like a thing that they're floating around for people. And if you if you look at this and you say the budget will stay the same, will bring in enough revenues, it'll be fine. They'll get the tourists, they'll get the rich people or whatever. But they're going to eliminate property taxes for ninety two percent of people in the state of Florida. I don't get being against that. Man like that sounds great, especially the first piece of this. People with houses two hundred fifty thousand dollars in below those are the exact people that need this sort of relief. You pay off a house that costs two hundred fifty thousand dollars and then you don't have to pay the property taxes for the rest of your life. And to me, like, there's not a lot of other things like that where you end up you buy a house, all right, biggest investment in your life, no doubt about it. You buy a house and the government goes, thank you for buying this house. Now we're going to hit you with a bunch of taxes. They hit you with a bunch of taxes, and then the government goes, oh, by the way, even if you pay that off and you don't have your mortgage of let's say two thousand dollars a month, you finally pay off your loan and you don't have to have the mortgage of two thousand dollars a month. But guess what, you got to keep paying property taxes and those will just keep going up up up until that's two thousand dollars a month. So you pay off your loan and now you just pay the state every single month as much as you were paying before.
Speaker 1: And to me, that just feels like severy At some.
Speaker 3: Point in time, I think people's main concern is just like, where's the money for uh, you know, fire department, police, trash pickup.
Speaker 1: Where's that going to come from if they're not paying property tax It.
Speaker 2: Says they're going to establish a mega state trust fund to offset any losses and bankroll counties that aren't able to close the gap. The problem there is people think it'll take some power away from local communities who will be reliant on the state funds, and then the state can make them bend to their will, and the local communities will have to do it because they need the funds that come in.
Speaker 1: I don't even really care about that that much.
Speaker 2: I think it's I think this is just a net positive for a lot of people who are sitting in homes that are two hundred and fifty thousand dollars in below there's certainly fifty thousand dollars home. Somebody's in a fifty thousand dollars home, and you're gonna make them pay property taxes for the rest of eternity pointless.
Speaker 1: That's that's crazy. That's nuts.
Speaker 2: Like there obviously should be a point where people don't have to pay taxes you earn below a certain level, if your house is worth below a certain level, it makes more sense for the people who have more, have more income, have more properties that are worth more to put the bill for this for the other folks. And I think most people are okay with that. To me, this sounds like a win, but some people seem to be against it. Make the argument against this.
Speaker 1: For me, I think that I'm not in it. The argnment is just a political thing. Even if it's a good thing. You don't want to see the opposite party come up with a good idea, do something great, because then they're going to continue to win, continue to run the state. Everything nowadays is that even if it's a great idea, it's like no, no, I'm not going to vote for that one. I'm gonna wait too. My parties in charge and they make it exact about it.
Speaker 2: I see that a one hundre Like even if it's like especially with Trump stuff, So if Trump comes out and goes going to let's say, if he said tomorrow we're gonna decriminalize marijuana completely, right, he's already made moves to reschedule marijuana. If Trump did something that even a lot of these people like, there's so many people that would be like, nah, I still hate it. It's like why it's either a good thing or a bad thing. It's like sometimes people like even if you hate somebody, you should be able to be like damn like that though, you know what I mean, Like I right, Like imagine imagine voting against something that would help you out so much financially because of politics. That's nuts to me. Man, nuts to me, that's crazy. But you let me know what you think about this. Send a dispatch over the neewsyunky dot com or email tips at the Newsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 1: When we come back, our friend Moe to It at the law firm will be here.
Speaker 2: I've got this anonymous email that I'll ask Moses about. Somebody said you got to get me help. I've got a dire situation. We'll see what's happening and we'll talk with our friend Mo. That is coming up next. Whos junkie. I don't know her name, McKenzie. McKenzie's Sharrilla. I've got a jailhouse phone call from her, the girl who crashed her car into a wall seemingly on purpose, killing some of her friends, and she somehow survived this, and they made a victim out of her. Her and her family did blamed it on everybody else except for her, when she seems like just a horrible human being. I'll get into that in jury duty and this anonymous email as well. I was talking a little bit during the break though with the folks in chat and talking about the government taking your money and what it does with it and all that stuff. I said, people would be amazed how inefficient government is in so many cases. And I brought up the story about the Nashville explosion.
Speaker 1: You guys might remember, I don't know if you remember.
Speaker 2: This Alejandra, the guy who took his RV and rigged it up with explosives in Nashville. And then it was Christmas, I think, and he blew up his RV while they were playing that Downtown. You know, the RV was blasting the song Downtown in the middle of downtown Nashville. Boom, this thing blows up, explodes. That was like six years ago, all right, six years ago. Up the road is still a disaster that the buildings are still completely smashed and blown up. They haven't done anything. Francis Scott Key Bridge, remember that one yes, the ship crashed into the Francis Scott Key Bridge and it destroyed the bridge. It was a whole catastrophe. That wasn't nearly as long ago, I don't believe. But it still hasn't been fixed. And the last I heard about that was that it was like billions of dollars to get it fixed. The government has enough of our money. They are incredibly inefficient. They take way too long. You get insurance involved in this, and that makes this stuff take forever.
Speaker 1: It's just a nightmare.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 2: That's what the problem is in so many of these cases. I'll give you another example. Do you remember, you guys, remember when they were building the hard Rock Hotel in New Orleans?
Speaker 1: Yes, you remember this.
Speaker 2: They were building this hard rock hotel and it collapsed. I don't know exactly why it collapsed, but the building collapsed, and there was even some construction workers I believe, who ended up dying, and they couldn't go get them, so they just covered them with tarps inside the building in New Orleans, this hard rock. I think it's still messed up.
Speaker 1: I think the bodies might even gosh, will you look check that out.
Speaker 2: I think I think the bodies might even still be left in the hard rock in New Orleans after all of these years. And I don't know.
Speaker 1: Moses DeWitt joins us. Hello, Moses, good day, so are you.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Is that a lot of times, like legal proceedings that hold some of these things up, like lawsuits and stuff, can prevent them from rebuilding things. I'm sure you might have even seen that place in New Orleans.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I mean, obviously, lawsuits can can prevent things from moving forward. There could be spoliation of evidence issues me and they have to preserve certain evidence or the lawsuit. There could be concerns about whether it could ever be built safe, depending if there was soil issues or whatever may be causing it. I'm not saying that's what happened here, uh huh, but there's all sorts of issues that can hold things up like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I remember, I don't know if you and I ever talked about this, but there was also speak There was also a situation with I don't think it was you that we that I talked to about this, but maybe we did speak about this one the Orlando Sentinel Building, Yes, which is this big property, massive property in the center of downtown Orlando for those of you not familiar, dilapidated building. Even when I went there, like I went to do some seminars and stuff for the Orlando Sentinel staff to do some presentations about digital with the Orlando Sentinel staff years and years and years ago, maybe fourteen years ago, and at that point in time, going into the Orlando Sentinel building.
Speaker 1: I was like, this place is a garbage sheep man.
Speaker 2: It's in bad repair, disrepair, looks like an old school. The roof tiles like falling down and stuff is a nightmare. And then somebody told me, oh, it's because they printed the paper here so long. The ink from the printing got into some of the soil and made it so they like, they can't sell this area. I think they eventually did end up selling. Yeah, but like all these things happening, it just becomes such a nightmare. We end up with these problems on our hands for so much longer than seemingly you should. It's pretty crazy to me, Moses, I got an email for you. I wanted to read this. Hang on, let me bring this up here and get this person's question across.
Speaker 1: O real quick.
Speaker 3: That hard rocked in New Orleans and twenty twenty they were finally able to demolish it. And that's when they recover the bodies, which was like a year after it collapsed.
Speaker 2: Okay, so the bodies were in there for over a year. They did get them out, though I thought they I thought they were up for longer than that because I remember a hurricane ripping through and the hurricane ripped up the tarp and they were like you could.
Speaker 1: See the bodies in there, go oh my god.
Speaker 3: It was like later twenty twenty. That happened in January twenty twenty. It was later that year they were able to get in and get the bodies. Finally, Is it now fixed? Is like completed? I believe they just imploded it and that's that.
Speaker 2: Okay. Yeah, So, I mean they've had some issues over the years, obviously with some of these places.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go.
Speaker 2: Here's Anonymous with an email from Moses to Wit and this is Jerry Duty, brought to you by our friend Mode Wit at the Dwit Law Firm. Injured on the go just Calmo eight hundred Calmo eight hundred Calmo or go to just Callmo dot com. After an accident, you can go out to any attorney that you might see on television or radio or billboards, but you need to go to an attorney that is going to give you the time of day, understand your case, and treat you like a human being. Anonymous comes in with a question for Mode to Tips at the Newsjunkie dot com. I have a question about father's rights in Florida. Anonymous says, my son and his fiance had a child together. She also had a child from a previous relationship. They all live together in his house. They aren't married yet, and it looks like things are not going well. I'm worried that she will keep him from the kids if she leaves. Is there something he should do legally or is his name on the birth certificate of the kids? Enough?
Speaker 1: Thank you? Anonymous thoughts Moses.
Speaker 16: Yeah, so, if you're not married in the state of Florida, basically the father has no rights even if your name is on the birth certificate. So you have to file a paternity action to legally establish paternity. Now, there is an if they're getting along, there is like an acknowledgment of paternity form that you can have notarized and file which will have her acknowledge the paternity. But otherwise, even if you're on the birth certificate, it's a common misconception, and you know she could pick up and leave with the child and you legally have no rights to stop.
Speaker 2: You can't do it.
Speaker 1: You can't do anything.
Speaker 16: You have to go to court, file the paternity action and the court has to adjudicate you as the father before they're legally allowed to take any steps. So I had a case once before where mom picked up and moved across the country with the kid and took the dad four years to get the kid back here. My god, because you know, even though he was listed on the birth certificate, he was never adjudicated as the father. So you know, even if it's an uncontested paternity action where everybody agrees on everything, you know, actually making it legal with the courts is very, very important.
Speaker 2: Is it as simple as there's like a one document if you're getting along and like obviously if you're putting the person's name on the birth certificate, if you file this document, then it protects you from that and maybe you should be doing that when the kids are born.
Speaker 16: In simple terms, yes, I mean it's a little bit of oversimplification.
Speaker 1: But can they do it on their owner? They need an attorney that you can do it on your own.
Speaker 16: You just have to do some research, you know, if you google it, I'm sure it's out there, or there may be a Florida Supreme Court form that it is a form. I just don't know exactly where you find it off the top of my head, but yeah, you can certainly do it. It has to be notarized. I think then you have to file it with the clerk of court or something like that. It's been a little loss since I've done it, but it's very important to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The craziest thing is four years when you're a parent is like forever. Your kid's like six years old. I mean, that's a huge, huge joke gap in their their formative. Your kid doesn't remember you when they were two, and then it's now the kids six years old forming memories and the like, who is this person next? So that's a massive deal. Anonymous, thank you for the email quick break. When we come back, we kick into the Power Hour, our final hour of the whole damn week, will drag our friend Moses along with us. I got an update on the crash Girl story. I got John Travolta news, I got I got a grab bag segment. We're loaded up and ready to go, and that's coming up next on the news. Chunk Kye Cat Guy on YouTube says, hope the app works soon. What are you talking about? The app works perfectly? What what's not working with the app? I always get one guide in situations like this, I hope the app starts working soon. I believe the app is functional and working as best as I can tell, but let me know if there are already issues. So over at the Newsjunkie dot com, you can claim gifted subs in the app, you can listen to the show, you can do all sorts of things. Big thanks. By the way, speaking of gifted subs, to meet for the three gifted subscriptions to Secret Shows, there you go grab those.
Speaker 1: You can, there's three of them.
Speaker 2: You could test out the app and see if it works just by popping over on the website, and then five pm Eastern when the latest Secret Show Uncensored drops you can grab it. By the way, there's more information on the website of what being a Secret Show subscriber entails now all of the different things you get with it, and over the years, I've had people ask for lots of features. One of those features has been to get an RSS feed so that they can, as a subscriber listen to the Secret Shows podcast wherever they want and you'll see on the Newsjunkie dot com and you're my account section. Now you can generate a secured RSS feed like that, and you can use it in whatever podcast app you love if you're a subscriber, so go check that out as well. Mail Bel says, worked good for me. Good, Ryan, says Surgeon. New people today, Huh Yeah, I mean I'm sure. I'm sure there's a bunch of people coming on board, which is good to see. I really really appreciate it. Hey to Polly, Hey to Mike Yuckers, Ryan, everybody that I see hanging out with the sh show right now. And hey to our friend Moses Uitt a the Duitt Law firm, who's with us. Good day, Moses. You know Alejandro. Have you met Alejandro before? No, we don't speak. You know what I always wondered, I was like, why Alejandro doesn't get he doesn't get invited to the bowling event.
Speaker 1: I'm like, this guy's a star, He's on rule.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know it existed. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: For me, I never needed an attorney, Yes, but if I need it, I'll call you, Molly. Even after that, Yeah, I'm a nice day. What can I say this?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: We got to get Alejandro on board at the bowling event. People love Alejandro and I don't know if he's good at bowling, but it's a fun event for a great cause.
Speaker 1: Are you any good, Alejandro? I'm good at drinking beer. You that's good.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's all. That's at least half of it right there. Ghost Bert says, all hundred doesn't get in trouble. You don't know this man as well as you think you do. He gets in trouble, all right. He's a wild man. Like I see Alejandro all the time social media posts. I'm like, this guy, you still got party in you.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know where it comes from, but I'll look, I'll see him. He's like a cigar. He got a glass of some sort of adult beverage. He's partying at some concert. He somehow worked his way backstage. I don't know, Like, yeah, his party's got beautiful wife.
Speaker 1: Party on his arm. They're doing their things.
Speaker 2: So thank you to Alejandro for hanging out with us today. Of course, Moses, I wanted to run something by a couple of things I had. One is one of my pet peeves, no pun intended. One of the things that drives me crazy is these horrific dog owners who end up with their dogs that are always nuisance dogs. There's always many, many reports about how dangerous their animals are, and then the inevitability happens, their animals attack somebody, and in this case, they killed some woman who was in her fifties, like fifty one or something. This poor lady got attacked by this woman Linda Cutler's dogs, and her dogs, Max and Mako got out of her car yard. They always get out of the yard. And Jody Cohen was walking her own dog and these two dogs attack her, and she did get a manslaughter charge against her. If these kind of situations happen with somebody and their dogs, even if they're noose and animals, is that sort of the highest you can go for is manslaughter. You can't get like a murder charge against somebody for this.
Speaker 16: Well, probably not a murder charge, but if your dog has been declared dangerous and they do attack somebody, even if it's a minor attack, it can be a felony in the state of Florida. So you know, I mean a manslaughter charge. Nothing to sneeze that either. I mean that can be a I don't know why I said. Nothing to sneeze that. Ah, thank you, I appreciate it, But it can't be a serious charge. And you can be facing some real prison time.
Speaker 2: There what you can't get, like, you can't get life for manslaughter though, right would I think.
Speaker 16: I want to say that Max is twenty five years. They'll go off the top of my head something like that.
Speaker 2: Does it make these things worse if there's this his history of all these people complaining, and yeah, those are.
Speaker 16: Aggravating circumstances that are going to be considered as part of sentencing. Now that's not going to be admissible in the trial and culpability, but for sentencing purposes, the judge could certainly consider that.
Speaker 2: I would imagine they would. Yeah, speaking of judges, we were talking about this judge. Where were they from? Judge North Georgia, I believe North Georgia, this judge who just got caught. At first they weren't releasing even the gender, the sex of the judge. And then they said it's this judge and it's a woman, and they said she was having sex with a member of law enforcement in her judges quarters. Now I have some questions. First things. First, have you ever been into a judge's quarters? I have, all, Right, what does it look like back there? What are we talking about in these spaces? So it depends.
Speaker 16: So you know, I think one of the if I if it's a story that I'm thinking of, it was actually a federal judge who is based in Georgia. Yeah, it's not a Georgia judge, and they covered both Georgia and Florida because they're on the federal it's the federal pellet betch. Essentially, the federal judges offices are quite nice because they got that federal money. So, like you know, they usually have like a law library and office and sort of like a little reception area.
Speaker 2: So this is like a big space.
Speaker 16: Yeah, it's usually three or four rooms, the ones I've been in at least at that level. It's even a higher level than sort of your local federal judges. So and I've never been in one. I think it's the eighteenth Circuit. I've never been in their chambers there, but I would imagine it's it's somewhat similar, maybe even nicer.
Speaker 2: It's impressive, very impressive, right, So they've got this space they have I guess, you know, like a private office where this judge was locking yourself away, but people could hear her having sex with this police official or officer or whatever, and that's what started the problems for the judge. Now, one of the problems that arises from something like this is if the police have something in front of her in the court, then it looks like they might be getting preferential treatment or something because she's in this, you know, extramarital affair relationship with somebody in law enforcement, so that becomes an issue. But I think that they said there weren't any cases that she actually was overseeing as far as I know, I think, but there was still reasons why the judge would be in trouble. But what could happen? That's not a crime, so they can't arrest her, But what can they do?
Speaker 16: Well, I mean, I'm sure it's you know, frowned upon to have sexual intercourse in your office, they said, federal judge. But you know, I think what this person with this judge really, you know, is facing or could potentially be in trouble for, is that they did some sort of internal investigation.
Speaker 2: She blatantly lied. Yeah, and so that's where they'll they'll get you.
Speaker 16: It's not necessarily what you did, but then lying about what you did and as a judge or expected to be held to a certain standard when it comes to honesty and truthfulness and being candid with an investigation. Had she admitted to it the investigation, I think the punishment would be a lot worse. But here, you know, these judges, the federal judges are appointed for life, so it's basically almost like an impeachment type proceeding to have them removed, which lying as part of an investigation would give them a basis to do that. Impeached by by whom Though I think there's a committee kind of oversee the federal judges.
Speaker 2: I've never been a.
Speaker 1: Part of that.
Speaker 16: It would be like are it very rarely happens, but you know they would they could be removed that way for misconduct essentially, And a lot of stories similar to to that going around. I've heard other stories about like in judges quarters, nefarious stuff happening, But she's now outed in this case. Another case that's getting a lot of attention is this Mackenzie Sharilla. Sharilla, she's the one from the documentary the crash I believe is what it's called, where she was driving this vehicle.
Speaker 1: You could see the vehicle cruising.
Speaker 2: Down a road. It's like they don't even tap the brakes and she just pulled allows into a brick wall. She somehow survives. The two young men in the car with her end up dead, and she's trying to rehabilitate her image from behind bars. And the documentary about her involves her parents. You always got to watch with the documentary who's involved, because her parents being involved usually means they're gonna have some sort of say over things. But I guess she is. And now in some new audio of her on the phone behind bars, they said she's got no shortage of male attention. Last I heard she was like hooking up with some of the women behind bars. Oh yeah, but this is I guess now also with guys. And she's talking about this in a prison phone call that's been released. Hopefully she does a curse here, But Alejandro, stay on your toes. I'm sorry to throw this at you again.
Speaker 6: Here we go.
Speaker 1: It's lasting.
Speaker 2: I wanted for like them to start figuring out I think the message represent me, like hate mail.
Speaker 1: I know, just block it, reply reply.
Speaker 5: I want them to.
Speaker 15: I want I want them to send messages like that, like like I know what I did, I.
Speaker 13: Know what I didn't do exactly.
Speaker 2: It was about purpose the only thing that I'm guilty of is driving. Okay, She's so, She's so true, man, interesting interpretation. You have been found guilty in the court of love more than driving. Just want me take her. She was just driving into a wall. That's one way to tell this story.
Speaker 1: What happened to you?
Speaker 2: I was driving?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 2: Any any other details, just just that. So she's talking about these gentlemen suitors who I guess are messaging her, which we always hear about mo because like, if there's anybody who's even moderately attractive behind bars, man, woman whatever, the weird as come out and want.
Speaker 1: To, uh make sweet love to them. I can fix her.
Speaker 2: They're like, I can fix her, and and I guess they're coming.
Speaker 15: In for her, and the last thing I'll do is hurt them.
Speaker 1: So what I know, I think it's their mom. Everybody knows. Yeah, everybody knows.
Speaker 2: I mean her mom. The problem with her mom, though, is that her mom just like excuses all this behavior. And her MoMA was even trying to say in the documentary, She's like, what if one of these guys in the car with her grabbed the wheel and you're like, damn, your daughter killed these people, and now you're blaming it on the dead kids. I mean, I think that's what Jesus. Take the wheels out. Sounds like what she was going for for her defense here, which I mean, look, try whatever you can to get freedom, do whatever you got to do. But it's just not a good look. Let's see what else she says. Well the way bd x Cohn says, she's not in prison for how she drove, it's how she stopped that.
Speaker 1: She's in trouble for that'll do that'll do.
Speaker 2: That guy your hotel?
Speaker 15: No, I never replied to Stephen.
Speaker 2: I love him.
Speaker 1: I don't know who that is, but I love him.
Speaker 15: I don't know how old he is. I don't even really care that much. I just love him like she's.
Speaker 2: I guess, if you're behind bars, you've got no shortage of time. So yeah, you just you know, you find ways to occupy yourself. Well, you should be concerned at least a little bit with your image, because I would imagine if she does become available for like, you know, release, at some point in time, aren't they gonna go back and look at all these things to determine whether or not she should be released from prison. Or she's saying longer.
Speaker 16: I mean possibly that you know, if she's up for parole, they could look at, you know, her behavior as an inmate. They could look at, you know, whether she's you know, showing remorse and things like that, which you know, if they play that phone call which she was just driving, Yeah, really, that's not gonna gonna look real good for her.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Do you ever like, if you have somebody who you represent and then they end up serving time behind bars, is there a conversation that you have You're like, hey, just do your time and then you have the best chance of getting out if you good behavior is a big thing on your record that you're not involved in, Like phone calls that are released like this, you would think that that's some sort of conversation.
Speaker 16: Well, I mean, you know, the main thing, whether you've been convicted or even obviously prior to a conviction, is if you're in jail, every phone call is recorded, and you know that they're going to listen to that. People have these crazy conversations about what they did, what happened, and you know, even though it tells them those recorded, they think nobody's going to listen to it. I can't tell you how many dui trials I've seen where a person calls their mom and says, oh, we just took two shots before we got in the call. You know, we had eighteen beers that you know, they're just admitting to all sorts of stuff and it's all recorded, and the prosecutors do check those phone calls.
Speaker 2: So what a disaster. All right, I missed the moment to play this, but it's never too late, So let's just do it. Are you ready, Josh, I'm ready. Let's do the Power Hour.
Speaker 1: They said it couldn't be done.
Speaker 2: Then they said, all right, elon, must let me see your penis.
Speaker 1: It's time for the Power Hour on the news.
Speaker 2: Chunky, he's always a penis thing, almost always when you say that, Yeah, they just want to see rocket. No, you see the video of that thing blowing up, haven't Holy cow Jesus, like, what an absolute catastrophe. I'll play it just for Moses in the studio, But I mean, this was one of those things where what's it called blue origin? Yeah, blue origin blowing up isn't a thought.
Speaker 7: It is.
Speaker 1: It was it was Bezos's ship that blew up.
Speaker 2: Here, it is all right, And that one does actually look a penis.
Speaker 1: It is, Yeah, very much.
Speaker 2: It's kind of bulbous end on it there, and everything looked kind of nope, not anymore. Yeah, and they said literally all one hundred million dollars completely annihilated right there. Also, I don't know if there was anything on board, probably not, but they're gonna send up satellites in this is. It was the biggest explosion that wasn't nuclear in the history of the world. Okay, that's how massive this accidental explosion was. You could see it from miles and miles away. You feel it from like forever away. The neighbor freaked out. The neighborhood where this like rattled them freaked out. It's just absolutely nuts. But Bezos says they're gonna rebuild and they're gonna do it all over again. Yeah, the Space Cowboy, right yeah, all right, quick break. When we come back, we're gonna do the update on the John Travolta situation. I gotta grab bad situation for you, and we got a lot more to get into as we finalize the week. Here the show rolls on, and that's coming up next on the News Junkie. If anybody was even close to that Blue Origin spacecraft, because I mean if look, if anybody was within like a couple hundred yards of that thing, I would have thought they would be dead or at least like severely injured. But they they said no one was injured in the Blue Origin explosion. Just like money and property and all that stuff. Who cares about that, But it seems so crazy to me that there was nobody even close enough to the explosion given the size that it was. I guess that is the case, though, So we'll keep an eye on what happened there. And I know the video is going megaviral all over the place, so we'll watch and see if there's any updates. Have you watched the transformation? You guys have John Travolta. Have you seen this man on the move a little bit? That is John Travolta. Alejandro might be able to pull off this look too, Can you see it like this?
Speaker 5: This?
Speaker 1: You could?
Speaker 2: You could probably pull it off, the beret and the look. And my my favorite part of John Travolta's current track, and this is why I bring up the latest year because there's a new clip from him, is that Moses. He's like very clear about what motivated him. To do this, all you have to do is say, like, I don't know, I was just trying a different style. But he's like, I googled what a director from the thirties looked like, and then I said, I have to look like that. And he's like very very strategically doing all of this, and he keeps talking about it. I think here's another interview with him that's literally international headline name.
Speaker 11: Because to me, the brat has been around for eight hundred years, being you know, painters and artists and military.
Speaker 1: It's an old school thing.
Speaker 2: But I think it's changing his personality. It does sound different.
Speaker 16: I mean it's it's no different than what you did, though, well and you you google you know, was the person who's giving up on life and listened to garage?
Speaker 2: No, actually I have, I have google that. But usually it's just pull your car in the garage is the advice give. But she got rid of your garage door, so I'm safe. I'm safe in here. But now that was really a safety measure, and yeah, yeah, so much for a static. Yeah. John Travolta though, just started wearing the baret. He just said like, let's go for it here, and I think it's changing the way he's talking. I think it's changing everything. He's doing the sensitive artist like hand thing. He's like, yeah, even question, Yeah, everything is this whole pattern has changed. It's as if like your friend went on a vacation somewhere and came back and then they have adopted an accent as a result of this.
Speaker 1: That's what John Travolta before.
Speaker 11: I reiterate, but I wanted. I looked at all the photographs of me for fifty years. I can't tell you the difference other than when I was very Oh that was the night oscars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, blah blah blah.
Speaker 11: But I started to not be able to differentiate, and I said, well, you're not an actor, really, UNA sure direct, why do you address that one?
Speaker 2: So I looked up so weird? Can you imagine?
Speaker 1: Like could you imagine doing this for any other job?
Speaker 2: Like MO was like, well, I'm not really an attorney until I google what do attorneys wear? And then I have to dress up like what I've get my attorney outfit on, dress like an attorney from like the nineteen thirty that'd be great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I see.
Speaker 3: I'd like to make a small, low stakes prediction. This is his lead up to finally coming out as gay. You think so, I think it might be that.
Speaker 2: Would be interesting if, like if John, because we allegedly right, there's a lot of rumors about John Travolta his sexuality over the years, a lot of rumors that involve cruise ships, all.
Speaker 1: Of that kind of seers.
Speaker 2: And then this is him leaning into the sort of artiste part Josh says before fully come out. Yucker says, Mo, you should dress like Colonel Sanders in a white suit, which would be a move. It would be noticeable. I would like to stand out. And then if somebody goes, mo, what's what's this new suit that you're wearing, you just overly explain everything.
Speaker 1: May just be a simple Southern lawyer.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you exactly why I'm doing this that I was correct.
Speaker 11: I looked up all the old school directors and they all had breaks and sometimes glasses, and it was the glasses too.
Speaker 2: It's a cliche, but in.
Speaker 11: A wonderfully because they're probably reflecting painters right and musicians of the touch.
Speaker 2: It's so weird, man, This is like one of the more strange trajectories in somebody's style that I've seen in my life.
Speaker 1: Well, he's not harming anybody.
Speaker 2: No, no, it's fine, It's totally fine. But now he says he owns twelve berets. So he went from zero to twe why is that an announcement. He's like an autistic kid with a new special interest is He's kind of like, it's just about what he has going on here. So they're like, hey, like your Brady's like, I have twelve of them? Five twelve? Now all right, wow, congratulations, man, this is just fantastic news to hear. John Travolta maybe, Josh right, yeah, could be. I mean, if you try this, Moses, I think people will be receptive to It's to let's see what we got here. A couple of dispatches that we could work in here. Let's see, uh now this is you know, I'm gonna I'll hold these for our final dispatches. Actually, I promise I was going to work in a couple of things. One is a big surprise, even though Mandalorian and Grogu The Star Wars movie is out at the box office right now on Wednesday and possibly Thursday. The Star Wars movie, which Josh look up the budget for that. What was the Star Wars budget. That's gotta be a big budget movie, right, Yeah. Mandalorian and Grogu was beat on a couple of days this week, Wednesday and Thursday by the movie Obsession, which I think Obsession only costs like a million dollars.
Speaker 1: I think a little less than that. Mandalorian Grogu was one sixty five million, which they say makes it the least expensive live action Star Wars produced by Disney.
Speaker 2: Jesus one hundred and sixty plus million dollars and it's getting beat out by this seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars budget movie. And that's only going to be blown away by is the Uh, what's the one that's coming out this weekend?
Speaker 1: Not Rooms or or Rooms to Go? No, No, most rooms movie.
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Oh ba, back Rooms, back rooms background.
Speaker 2: Have you seen this at all?
Speaker 1: Now? Back Rooms is about it's a YouTube movie.
Speaker 2: Some guy made this movie, put it on YouTube for a really tiny budget and they said, I think it's called back Room and they said, this is good. It's built a huge fan base. And now back Rooms is releasing in the theaters this weekend. And Josh, look at the budget on that one. If you don't mind too you got got a budget, guy, crunch numbers. Don't crunch the numbers on that back Rooms which is being released. I think this weekend is supposed to make eighty million dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's when we came in under ten million.
Speaker 2: It says, all right, so more than the Obsession movie. But still these like low budget movies, like the little movies that could, are exploding and making so much more. I think what's happening here is younger moviegoers are showing the movie makers exactly what they're interested in.
Speaker 1: The movies that they're not interested in tend.
Speaker 2: To be these huge budget, overblown done a million times sequel or you know, third, fourth, fifth, down the line movie. And then the movies that do very well. Half of the movies that I've seen that have been successful in the last couple of months have been from YouTubers, the YouTuber market. Plier had his movie Oh Yeah, that was a big hit, small budget. This was the Obsession movie was from a YouTuber, small budget, huge hit. That movie's gonna make so much money, it's crazy. And back Rooms again, small budgeted movie from some young upstart that is now going to be a massive, massive box office success. I love it. I think that's fantastic. I think we need to stop with these big, bloated ass movies. Nobody seems to want, well, at least not as many people seem interested in watching them. So that's out this week. What else do we have here? We're gonna have to quick break. Yeah, by the way, that movie's tracking for eighty to eighty five million dollars on an eleven million dollar budget. Damn. Oh, the last thing I wanted to work in. You guys who do ubers who have used Uber recently? Me, I can't keep track. What are the options now, Josh uber h or let me.
Speaker 1: Look real quick, because I always picked the cheapest one, Comforts one right, Uber Comfort.
Speaker 11: X.
Speaker 2: There's either X or a black. There's a lot of different options that they have. Oh Andrew, you an Uber guy, use this every once in a while. No? No, really, okay, well you might you might want to try this. I've been a driver, Oh you've been a driver. Okay, we're just a regular regular Uber driver, Uber Excel or Uber Fancy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they got Excel wait and save Comfort Comfort Electric XXL, which is a new one, pet burrier and car seat.
Speaker 1: The new one is called Uber drift and you drift.
Speaker 2: When you flag an Uber Drift ride, you get a drift driver that shows up to your location, and then your ride includes drifting lessons and like, if you're not just knocking off, it's just whipping your car around. I'm on board fun. This is the next level of Uber's business model, Moses, all right, and who like, after you've had You've had a long week, have you not? Yes? Who, after a long week, get the Uber Drift home from the studio here and the whole time. I mean, hey, that's not legal. It has to be only a track or something and a private depends on what kind of pool you have. I thought you were able to make things like this happen. Man, Maybe Uber does something.
Speaker 14: I know.
Speaker 1: It's going on from June thirtieth to July first.
Speaker 2: And when you order an Uber Uber Drift in Japan, Yeah, it's short, yeah, juneo June third, June third to July first, So the month of June in Japan, if you order an Uber you can order an Uber Drift and it's one hundred and ninety dollars.
Speaker 1: So they really are Tokyo drifting.
Speaker 2: They are, indeed. Yeah, that's what's happening here. All right, quick break. When we come back, we'll wrap it up for the week, the final dispatches, these stories that didn't make the cut, and today learn to wrap everything up for a Friday that is coming up next on the news on Key. It's gonna be an interesting June. All right, that's all I can tell you. Gonna be an interesting June on the show, So stay tuned. We'll let you know all of the drama going on behind the scenes and you know, changes on the show and lots of new stuff that's on the way. I want to thank Alejandro for hanging out with us today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you for having me.
Speaker 2: The people love Alejandro, they do, and we love you and I would love to make the connection to to get you into the next bowling of that.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know if we can really make that happen, but I think that he would be a big draw for the Chairy. There's a long list well the system, but we have anybody from Roomba on that list. What's our No good, God, they're still printing money over at that radio. Thinks they've got plenty going on over there. All right, let's see here, what do we have on the way out. Josh, you know, do that timer thing so I can see how long I have to Yeah, you can just just tell me when I have.
Speaker 1: A minute left. I just shout it out. Okay, let's do it that way.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 2: Let's see here, let's do our final dispatch. Are the final dispatches, but Sean will probably ownly play. Yeah, I mean I need more than a minute. Tell me when I have two minutes left.
Speaker 1: You have three minutes? Wait, no, you have two minutes?
Speaker 2: No doing that right now? I do all right, hold on, then I quickly have to play the final dispatch. Let's see here. Let me refresh for the latest and greatest. Here's somebody talking about six Flags because that guy got banned from all the six Flags for life.
Speaker 17: Oh yeah, there's a six Flags in Kadia City in Saudi Arabia. It's got the biggest, fastest, longest roller coaster in the world called Falcon's Flight. It's absolutely insane. Check out a video if you can wiggle pop up.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Jason, appreciate the dispatch. I will never check that out. I am not going to make my way us out of here. Radio go over there. So yeah, it was like the longest roller coaster in the world, but it's in Saudi Radio. Okay, I'm going to pass. All right, let's get the hell out of here. Let's do today.
Speaker 1: I learned the.
Speaker 15: Following information may make you feel smarter, but will not actually increase your IQ, So don't get cocky.
Speaker 2: We today It is sa I learned for a Friday, May twenty six, Moses, thanks for being with us here today. Pleasures all on this side of the desk. Thanks for hanging out here in the studio. You could take that shirt that I showed you. I think I'm good you sure, yeah, but it could be a good look great shirt. Lander. Uh you know you know how people have my address and just kind of send things from time to time. It's like the most offensive things that you could ever think, just delivered to your doorstep. And this is one of those exact amples. I can't even read you the shirt what it says because of the language on it. Josh, how much time do you I have?
Speaker 1: You have forty on toy?
Speaker 2: I learned this group right here.
Speaker 1: CNC Music Factory.
Speaker 2: That's right, Josh, and c Music Factory was originally called a different name.
Speaker 1: Does anybody know what they were before CEEC Music Factory.
Speaker 9: No, not that.
Speaker 2: No, they were called two Puerto Ricans, a black Man and Dominican. It does sound like the beginning of a joke. Two Puerto Ricans, a black Man and a Dominican was the original name of the band and now CNC Music Factory, but still playing for the two hundred and fiftieth in Washington. Thank you so much hanging out with us. We do appreciate it. We'll see on Monday, same time, same place, Miss Eddy of the show. Get the podcast over on the neewsjunkie dot com. We'll see you next time. Everybody else