Speaker 1: All right, we're giving away Doja Cat tickets. Your chance to see Doja. All you have to do is text in to win. Text Doja, D-O-J-A, to 95500. And you can see Doja Cat and Lotto at Little Caesars Arena October the 1st.
Speaker 2: There's going to be a lot of booty in there.
Speaker 1: So Doja, D-O-J-A, to 95500. There are tickets still available. Ticketmaster.com for that show. But text to win them.
Speaker 2: Right now. What's that song?
Speaker 1: Shannon is getting prepared for a special guest to join us during the Dirty on the 30.
Speaker 2: Mojo in the mornings, Dirty on the 30. Shannon has a special guest by the name of Smith. What up, Smith? That is joining us.
Speaker 3: Oh, yay.
Speaker 1: What's up, my guy? By the way, you say hi to Kevin. You don't say hi to me or Anna.
Speaker 4: Well, there's a reason.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Kevin has the best singing. So, like, he gives, like, a special pass. Oh, my gosh. My guy, you like my rendition? Oh, yeah. Wait, wait. Can you sing a little bit of the song? Uh, I'm really bad at singing. Me, too. Give me one line. Jason Texas, I can tell. Oh. Perfect. Smith, do you have a favorite song that's out right now? Do you like a song that you listen to? Chicago.
Speaker 4: He's really into Michael Jackson.
Speaker 2: Really? By the way, that is after the movie. Everybody's into that movie. What's your favorite Michael Jackson song? Chicago. It's a great song.
Speaker 1: It wasn't a hit off of one of his songs. Actually, Smith, your age group is loving that song so much. And they're downloading that song. So this is like dirty right now. I'm about to go check it out. Oh, yeah. So let me ask you a question, Smith. You're making a special appearance on the show right now. I want to know what is the reasoning of why you're making a special appearance on the show?
Speaker 2: It's because I just need to talk to Kev. I mean, he's just so awesome at singing. Oh, okay. And I'm so awesome.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Smith, man.
Speaker 1: Humbly.
Speaker 5: Wait, look, and Smith, your mom talked about a situation in Target where a guy and his son had got escorted out, and you gave him $ 20. And I want to shout out to you for doing that, man. That was absolutely incredible. That was extremely kind of you, and you're a great person for that, my man.
Speaker 4: Oh, yeah.
Speaker 1: Hey, Smith, you know, I used to bring Joe, Jake, and Luke into the studio a lot just to spend a morning with us. Why don't you tell your mom to let you come in here and hang with us?
Speaker 2: Tomorrow. Smith, I think it's a wonderful idea. I couldn't think of a better day.
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 2: What do you have a problem? Why do you.
Speaker 4: You know you have to wake up at like 3.30 in the morning, yeah?
Speaker 2: For what?
Speaker 4: To come here.
Speaker 2: Don't act like I haven't been on like a billion trips. I know what to.
Speaker 5: Wake up at.
Speaker 2: Whoa.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Can I say something, though? It's honestly.
Speaker 1: I think it's one of the most memorable things that the kids have about this job is coming in and spending the morning with us.
Speaker 2: So if you want to.
Speaker 1: And I'll... I promise I'll behave myself and won't talk about dirty stuff.
Speaker 2: And you can sing Chicago. Oh, yeah. Mom, let me on tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Come on.
Speaker 4: Okay, we'll talk about it, okay?
Speaker 2: Before school starts. Okay, I love you. Love you.
Speaker 5: Bye, Smith.
Speaker 1: Bye, Kevin.
Speaker 2: Great singing.
Speaker 4: Bye, Smith.
Speaker 2: See you, buddy.
Speaker 5: Bye.
Speaker 2: Love you, buddy. Only Kevin gets to shut up.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Um, let's get to the dirty.
Speaker 4: Today is a big day if you're following the Lindsay Clancy trial, because closing arguments are happening in a Massachusetts courtroom as I speak right now. Both sides are given an hour to present their final cases before the jury begins deliberating her criminal responsibility. This is her attorney, Kevin Reddington.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow, you'll hear the judge go through the instructions for first degree, second degree manslaughter and, of course, acquittal. And those are the ways that they can convict her.
Speaker 4: And again, Lindsay's attorneys, Kevin included, argue she should not be held criminally responsible for killing her three children because she was suffering from postpartum psychosis, an extreme mental illness. She has pleaded not guilty to three counts of murder, faces life in prison if convicted.
Speaker 2: I don't think.
Speaker 3: Anybody expected that it would strike such a chord. I'm glad it did because it's something that had to be done. And I'm very, very happy that In some way, I was able to kind of, as a guy, not knowing much about any of this before I started the trial, but I'm appalled. I'm disgusted with these doctors and this health care. It's repulsive what happened here.
Speaker 4: Tim Curry, the actor known for his roles in the Rocky Horror Picture Show, It, and Home Alone 2, has died at 80 years old.
Speaker 2: And how are we this morning?
Speaker 3: Fine.
Speaker 2: Is my transportation here? Out in front, sir. A limousine and a pizza. Compliments of the Plaza Hotel. Do you remember this scene from It?
Speaker 4: Here I am.
Speaker 2: Wheezy. You're going to like it down here. I want to be Pennywise for Halloween. I would be fired. No, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 4: Died at his home in.
Speaker 2: L.A., 80 years old. Oh, my God. What is wrong with you? It was right there.
Speaker 1: The joke is not the thing that's making me get appalled by Kevin. That was a mean joke. but it's, he laughs at his own jokes. So he says an insult.
Speaker 2: All right. He's back. Is this your way of flirting again? Are you back to flirting again? You just mad. Smith shouted me up. No cause of death. 80 years old.
Speaker 4: I do know he suffered a stroke years and years ago and he's been in a wheelchair and in bad shape since then. But I mean, just an iconic actor, three Tony numbs and Emmy nomination, popular voice actor as well. Um, I feel like our generation best knows him, though, from being that concierge in Home Alone 2, Lost in New York. I did not know that Tom Brady owned trading card stores.
Speaker 2: Did you know that?
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 1: I think Tom Brady owns everything for some reason.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: So he's got one in San Fran, one in Sacramento, and then the one I'm about to talk about is in Palo Alto, California. It was broken into just a little over a week after opening. Police say the suspect smashed a window and several display cases, stole 60 cards that were worth over $ 60, 000. Whomever did it, still on the loose.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: They haven't arrested anybody yet.
Speaker 2: Speaking of the trading card things, Razzmania. Razzmania! Going on at UWM in, I should say, Phoenix. That's a Freudian slip for Matt. In Pontiac.
Speaker 1: But it's going to be there this weekend, so Saturday and Sunday. And he was all over every TV station locally yesterday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And lastly, this is nothing new, but August is the new October. While we are still sweating through summer, pumpkin spice lattes, Halloween decorations, and fall flavors have already taken over. Part of a growing trend that now has a name, it's called season creeping, where people start embracing the next season earlier and earlier. Dunkin' rolled out its fall menu on August 19th. Starbucks brought back the pumpkin spice latte on Monday. And some people aren't even waiting that long. DoorDash said orders for ingredients to make fall drinks at home started jumping in late July. Nearly half of Americans now say they will start putting up their Halloween decorations within the next week or so. So why are we rushing the seasons? Well, one local psychology professor said traditions like back-to-school and Halloween... can mentally put us in fall mode, even when it's still 90 degrees outside. And that's a lot of people's favorite season. Plus, hot summers actually make us crave the cooler, faller weather even more. So it's just a mindset and a mood.
Speaker 1: We used to talk about how we hated Target for doing this, that Target could never just enjoy the season. What was the department store that said, we celebrate... Nordstrom. What was it again?
Speaker 4: Nordstrom says they celebrate the holidays... as they approach or something in the moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So they always wait, but all right.
Speaker 4: If you miss anything from today, you can go back and catch up on the podcast on the free iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Miss something in the dirty on the 30? Listen on our podcast now at mojointhemorning.com.