Speaker 1: On air at AM five to seventy LA Sports and I'm Demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: This is the Petros and Money Show.
Speaker 3: You are one of the kind, hosted.
Speaker 2: By Petros Papaday guests left school after sixth grade. Look at him and the voice of the Bolts not Money Smith. The answer is money. There is nothing you can do. You know it's coming. This is the Petros and Money Show.
Speaker 4: On the home of your world champion Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Make us your top preset on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Guys like you can't escape the city. Hell, you've got a blood contract with this place. You're married to the old girl.
Speaker 4: Gong Meykes, Petrosen Money Am five seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. And I'm a Horse, I'm a wore on Monday, as we have a three hour show. The Clippers are playing the Knicks tonight. It'll be nationally televised, so it'll be a three until six show as opposed to a three until six thirty for the local broadcast, which.
Speaker 3: Is odd but a distinction made often by Matt Smith.
Speaker 4: Schedule talk.
Speaker 3: Yes, fully functional employee Adam will be around at six and we'll get you to the game. We do have Dodger games this week that push you speaking to schedule talk Matt. The Dodger games this week short because they don't honor the daylight saving stuff in Arizona. It pushes the first pitch back an hour or up an hour, or however you want to look at it. So the first pitch is at one oh five, so that means we're probably gonna start around four or before four. The Dodger game will be going before that. It opens us up to launch pad opportunities. With Isabelle at the group home, who's uh I believe shared some good news with me the other day about her family growing pregnant cousins and like that. She was happy congratulations about that. She calls you before she calls me, Matt. She's still I.
Speaker 4: Haven't talked to Izzie in a while, I know, but she.
Speaker 3: Still calls you first. And I'm just like the other woman. So we have this thing.
Speaker 4: Probably it's like you always wanted to be invited to things when you know you're going to decline. I think she calls me knowing that the chances of me picking up are so slim, but she just for whatever reason, continues to call well I get all the latest, Yes you do. So we have a.
Speaker 3: Great sports talk alert for scheduled talk as it is a very unique time of year. The next couple of weeks where the Dodgers are in spring training at Campbell back Ranch, Who's back? And the Daylight Savings is happening and everybody he springs forward Arizona doesn't. So now we will start later. So shows that start at three now start around three forty five, four o'clock, maybe even four fifteen, four thirty. And that straight, I know, s for shutting it, cast straights the show, and that's what it is. It's this time of year. And then the Freeway Series happens. The Dodgers aren't going to Japan or everything like they did last year, or Korea run like the year before, and we can have a more normalcy, which is a word that was created in a presidential speech. So all of that being said, I think we're all on the same page regarding the schedule and schedule talk. You go back up on the hill, on the Hill tomorrow or anywhere else ins other California. The show is going to start at like three forty five, But We can't tell you exactly when the show is going to start because baseball is a sport that does not have a clock. Yes, yes, yes, yes, but a lot of emotion. And speaking of that emotion, Matt very and I don't think David Vassay is anywhere near being excited about it. But Tmusa has taken on Mexico, a standing room only crowd in the city of Syrup, one of your favorite cities of all time, the Frozen Fountain.
Speaker 4: It's a horrible city of Houston, Texas. The fans of Team Mexico have descended upon it. They have taken over what once was Tropicana and then minute made and I have no idea Daywu Field or something like that.
Speaker 3: Now, there was thousands of jet skis traveling across the Gulf headed to the game from Mexico, and they're all parked, they're all moored in Galveston right now as we speak. And those Mexican fans are filling the station and the stadium in beautiful Houston, Texas. So we have that going on now. It's been hard to get because our resident baseball expert other than the Wall, of course, Tim Kates. That was Tim Kates's nickname when he was an All CIF catcher in nineteen ninety six.
Speaker 5: All Cif's Produce Some rus shows All CIF Baseball ninety six pres cemer. He is everybody was timk All league is one thing, buddy, But if you're All CIF playing high school baseball in southern California in the nineties, you got big balls. And even though Tim Kates is our baseball expert, David Vassay is our Dodger reporter. And it's been hard to keep any momentum about the World Baseball Classic going, Matt because anytime we talked to David Vassay, he's just a huge a hole about it, and he makes snarky comments, and he doesn't appreciate anybody having to play.
Speaker 3: He doesn't think. He thinks it's all set up for ratings. So the MLB can say, look, who watched on FS one.
Speaker 4: We got the NFL thing going. It's our off season. But people care about baseball. But if it's fun to watch, who cares?
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know, but I haven't watched like a whole game yet. I've watched Italy drink espresso on the Twitter, and things like that.
Speaker 4: Here's what I want to figure out where, Like where did we go wrong as fans of sport? That Americans are too.
Speaker 3: Fans of sport and athletics.
Speaker 4: That Americans are too cool to sing in the stands, Like we don't sing the national anthem, we don't have any chance outside of just defense.
Speaker 3: Well there's the Mexico game and they're singing these two and three minute songs and it's fantastic. I think it's an interesting situation.
Speaker 6: Matt English Soccer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you look at the stadiums we build, Now, what does everybody want to have? A suite, a partition, something that keeps you away from everybody else. Yeah, like standing in community and being part of a crowd is not what they promote as much in our society anymore. People don't go out to the bars drinking to meet other people.
Speaker 7: That's pretty said commentary on us.
Speaker 3: I think I think you're right. People don't watch in community. I remember, I mean, I know it's a big football thing, which is not something I grew up with soccer, But I do remember when the World Cup would come around in Croatia with the modrich guy was making a run in the couple World Cups over the last few years, I would go and stand with all the Croats in San Pedro and they shut down Ninth Street in front of Croatian Hall and it's great. Yeah, you get a vibe for being in a crowd and you're just watching a big screen, but you kind of get that vibe for being a crowd, and it reminds me of when I was a kid. The only time, the only games we went to consistently as a family, because we're always at the restaurant, which is a lot like having a radio show or something. It's like you're always doing this one thing. But we would go to watch us. So we'd be at three or four five USC football games every year, and we go to the Rose Bowl if they were in the Rose Bowl, which they so often were in those years, and you get that vibe where there's a long throw and everybody stands up at the same time and that kind of stuff, and it doesn't happen as much. I mean, people want to be in a suite. People want to be in a little separate area of seats so they can just take selfies of themselves and eat their four hundred dollars steak Tomahawk's steak that was available during the Dodger World Series. It's more of a decadence.
Speaker 6: It was the last time you guys went to a game and sat in a seat in the crowd.
Speaker 3: Every year I do that with my dad's.
Speaker 4: Ticket right to the Dodger game. Yeah, that's uh, that's a good question there, Kates. It's been a while. It's been a while. Yeah, but you know, like you think about, uh, the closest thing we got it, Let's go Birds. When the Eagles score a touchdown, the entire stadium will sing Fly, Eagles Fly. But that's so you know, and I guess you have the racially insensitive chant at Arrowhead Well and in Atlanta, and in Atlanta.
Speaker 3: And in Florida State down in Callahassee. I mean, look, they sing, don't I won't back down between the third and fourth quarter. Those are in Gainesville and and there's plenty of that stuff here in the United States. But when it comes to our professional sports, we have become super bougie. Not a great look. I mean, ask Mick cronin. Mc cronin's coming on next. We're happy to have him on. He's doing great. UCLA's doing Great Big Ten Tournament starts. Everybody's leaving but me, like always, and mc cronin is going to be on to promote that because they're leaving two Chicago bound for the Big Ten Tournament. So we will have him on in the very next segment. And it is kind of interesting you ask him to compare the crowds and the Big Ten to what we got going out there at Polly Pavilion. I know, UCLA's like ten and one, but it's not exactly the same as being an assembly hall Matt is it, or a Perdue or one of those.
Speaker 4: Places Coohler Center in Wisconsin. Yeah, I mean Mick is and it used to be right like Paul used to be one of those places.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I mean, I never you would. I mean, I'd never been experience. The crowd is crazy, I mean either, but I would never say that.
Speaker 4: I'm just assuming that it should have been when the four years in a.
Speaker 3: Row still Westwood Man, I mean, come on, now, you were a student was pauly electric.
Speaker 6: It was more electric than it is now, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: Well that's not a really bad commentary.
Speaker 6: I mean I feel like the student section was more lively. It feels like there was more season. Why electric is what we are asking now? Was it better than now? Was it electric? It was never electric.
Speaker 3: When they had mister electric, Ben Holland calling a timeout after every made three.
Speaker 6: I mean, I go back to Steve Lavinto, so that's I mean, we had Baron Davis and we had Matt Barnes and that whole crew. I mean it was. It was rocking for a few games, but it's not like what you see now, as you guys are alluded to in the Big Ten West Lafayette, Purdue games, Michigan games. I mean even Maryland gets a full always ready to part right.
Speaker 3: I'm glad you guys brought this up because the WBC is getting hot and we're not cool enough to enjoy it, or we're too cool to enjoy it, depends on how you look at it. And I'll tell you what's amazing, Matt, these fans, these fans, and I think you'll find this very interesting. I did a bit of research and found the rules of what instruments like, Let's say you're going to the game tonight in Houston and you want to bring Yeah, okay, great, great question. What instruments are permissible and now publico and you will be surprised. Matt first, sucond down and nine. Let's start with what you can bring, Okay, can I guess? Uh, it's a little more complicated. No, well, yeah, I guess you can. But I have a list of the thing. They put out a very comprehensive list without you just screaming out different words. Uh. They put out a very comprehensive list of what is allowed and what is not allowed.
Speaker 4: This is something, by the way, that would never have to be released for a World Series game. Yet for the word this is what people want to show up with.
Speaker 3: Now to answer your question, there is no piano reference or a tuba reference. But you can bring a fuca, which is one of those steel bead things, a cylinder, a steel bead cylinder with a handle, and you what the twist the handle around and he goes this is that's the first thing.
Speaker 4: That's like what the music teacher when when he pulls out or she pulls out the tub of instruments.
Speaker 3: That's the last thing with a handle. I don't want this stupid little suck. Okay, on a fucci bombas bongos. You can bring bongos. You can bring a boor drum. What it's a it's a special kind of drum for Puerto Rican boom bob us. Okay, and you can bring that is a big drum. It's pretty big. It's bigger than the bongos.
Speaker 4: It's kind of cool that you're bringing a big drum.
Speaker 3: You can bring claves, which are the short the short wooden sticks that you hit together, bringing two sticks to hit together. Correct, which might be you know, well, you're right, well you can you can bring your cloves. Uh, you can bring congos, you can bring cow bells, you can you can bring a guidra, another metal cylindrical things that goes. Now, No, a guida is another metal it goes. They did, Yeah, that's what the au did exactly. Now that that's that's a guieda, not to be confused with the great guiro, which is a notched gourd that you scrape a stick on for salta music, as opposed to, yeah, a guidro, which you know, the guido seems to be like the washboard of salta music. Gotcha for the washboard for the appellation. That's what I was thinking of in the tub. You know, when you get the stick and that think can really make some noise if you can power through it. You can bring moroccas.
Speaker 4: Okay, I think the moraccas are probably gonna get drowned out.
Speaker 3: You can bring matracas.
Speaker 7: Huh.
Speaker 3: That's the wood, the wooden Mexican ratcheted noise baking the wood.
Speaker 4: The thing that you swing around.
Speaker 3: It's like a crank.
Speaker 4: Yes, like they give those away for New Years.
Speaker 3: Not a morocca. That's atraka okay. You can bring a pandaretta. It's like a tambourine. You can bring a pandato also, that's also a tambourine. You can bring a tambora, which is like a tambourine. Oh no, no, no, a tambora.
Speaker 4: It's a drum, a.
Speaker 3: Dominican two headed drum. A straight tambourine is also allowed. A tampura guitar, which is like a giant Indian looking guitar. You can bring.
Speaker 4: I can bring a giant guitar into the World Baseball Classic.
Speaker 3: Correct, a giant Indian guitar.
Speaker 4: Bring my amp so people can actually hear it.
Speaker 3: No, you can bring a trumpet. Really, you can bring a trombone.
Speaker 4: Ronnie, I'm in.
Speaker 3: There. We go, I'll bring mine.
Speaker 4: I've got one at home.
Speaker 3: You can bring all that. You can have a whole makeshift Latin orchestra. That's all the stuff you can bring so every I mean, I'm sure if you just had a normal guitar, they'd let you bring that to.
Speaker 4: Trumpet and I assume it's because that's what people want to bring, right, But like, I mean, I got can I bring my flute in?
Speaker 3: Well, that's interesting. Let's get to the list of the things you cannot bring. Really, let's get to it all right. You can bring all that you cannot A guitar, yes, okay, now we're in the no column map, no voo foo zellans, oh wow boa. You can bring a trumpet, the stars of the last WBC. No whistles. You can bring the clav ass, but no thundersticks.
Speaker 4: That's really weird. Basically, they're like shutting out the white guys nor whistles and thundersticks.
Speaker 3: Not just not just the white guys mad because no pots and pans are you can't bring those.
Speaker 6: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: That's the white guy move. Pots and pans, that's what I travel with. I think it is sad that you have to tell people that they can't bring pots and pants. Come on, let's not be barbarous people. No kazoos, what the hell again? You can bring your clavss sticks. I can bring a freaking kazoo, and now it can bring a guitar. No, you cannot. Dominican guy can bring a Dominican guitar and I can't bring my freaking kazoo. That's wound on a lot more kazoos in the world than there are giant tan buda guitars or whatever. You cannot bring clappers or clappy hands, and they can bring the rectangle noise maker. Right, that is against the white man. You're right, that is an aggression.
Speaker 4: White guy getting hose.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you have the hat, whether you pull the string and it claps, I don't know if that's.
Speaker 4: On the front of your head. No air horns, Matt again, what about our boating community, I mean the.
Speaker 3: I believe we have an airhorn in the machine.
Speaker 4: They do.
Speaker 3: No air horns are no bullhorns?
Speaker 4: Okay that I can see.
Speaker 3: Hey Panama, I'm rooting for you, Hey Panama, hop rooting for you. No more, no more, no bullhorns.
Speaker 4: You and the ground soup.
Speaker 3: But you can bring your bongos and be the king of the bongo.
Speaker 4: The white guys like the bongos. No, not really, I mean it is a appropriation though, what bongos? Yeah, frat guy appropriating.
Speaker 3: Is there like a frat guy that plays the bongos? I wasn't aware of.
Speaker 4: Dude, frat guy's always got the bogos. Bongos, accoustic guitar well, I mean.
Speaker 3: The acoustic guitars went the bongos. There is a whole other anyway, good luck to all the amazing fans. Is that the World Baseball Classic? Cool and fun?
Speaker 4: We'll call what it is? Man, that's racist?
Speaker 3: What the whole list? Yeah, I can't bring my white guy clap hand thing and my thundersticks and you get to bring your two sticks. I mean, I guess they've your rectangle guy, you know. In defense of Ronnie Fossio as a trombone player, yeah, I guess they figure. Listen, if you can play the trombone, then I mean, it's not like some guy who can't play the trombones and a show up with a trombone. But any idiot can blow into a vouvuzela. So I guess they figure if you if you, if you have a trump bone, you can play it and you'll bring it and maybe you'll be part of like a musical ensemble.
Speaker 4: As opposed to a kazoo that's just going.
Speaker 3: Sure yeah yeah, you know, or a guy or with guy with clappy hands.
Speaker 6: There are some rules with the instruments you can bring in. According to the WBC, instrument cases are not permitted upon entry, so you got to bring it in without.
Speaker 4: The like a forty five like a gun, which, let's be honest, like people that carry trombones look freaking cool. You know when they're carrying it in that they got the singer and they're just cruising with that.
Speaker 3: Bigs, especially if a fat guy falls in their vicinity, they can go boo. I mean they could just stop and do that.
Speaker 6: Instruments may only be played in seating areas during the game. Instruments can only be played on the concourse levels during pregame and post game.
Speaker 3: All right, so you have your pre postgame concert while everybody's lined up, and then you get down into the stands and you play your your bomb bob music makes sense.
Speaker 6: Here's interesting. A rule instrument use may not interfere with gameplay or other guest enjoyment of the game.
Speaker 4: So I guess that would be like the crowd's quiet picture and the wind up and and Ronnie just hits off like that's not what they're looking for.
Speaker 6: The cow bell percussion instrument is permitted, but additional cow bell styles may be denied entry depending on the stage.
Speaker 4: So they're talking like, no, Mississippi State with the handle cow bell. You can have the cow bell that you can bang with a stick, but not.
Speaker 3: The not the one you wag around like a dog.
Speaker 4: Exactly.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm glad we figured all of this.
Speaker 4: Again shutting out the white people. That the white people invention.
Speaker 3: For the white man and for the white fan. They did do the most important allowance, which is you're welcome to bring and play your.
Speaker 4: Skin flute whatever you I can pol all day.
Speaker 3: Well, we'll talk to mc cronin.
Speaker 6: Can't do the wave either. The wave is not permitted at games that I made. That I'm just kidding, Tim, Please.
Speaker 3: Thank you for listening. We'll return with the UCLA head coach head to the Big Ten Tournament. Our old friend Mick Cronin. If you have a trombone, throw it to the sky. USA Mexico. At five, We're gonna counter program that bitch. Matt's got all his NFL news and notes. In the next hour we'll have David Vassey, We'll have some follow up stories. It's all still to come. On The Petros and Money Show. This is Petro Send.
Speaker 4: Money on Demand, Demand Demand.
Speaker 3: Say it again.
Speaker 4: That show Some Money A five to seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. We are going till six o'clock. Big One at the two Dome. Clipper is an opportunity to get to five hundred as the New York Knicks stick around. Luka Doncicic. Austin Reeves put it to him yesterday in a nooner primetime affair, so we will go to that. At six tomorrow We'll have spring training baseball Dodgers v. D Backs, first pitch just after one pm.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Matt, Big One at the end to it Dome, right, Big One, heard you say that? Ever? Big One joining us right now. Big Cronin a hero to the Petros and Money Show. Ucla sixth seed in the Big Ten Tourney. He got them to where they needed to be at the end of the year, like he always does. They don't play until Thursday. In Chicago. They're twenty one to ten this year, thirteen and seven of the Big Ten, three wins against top ten teams, and conference play swept USC. It is our hero, Mick Cronin. We'd have to commit multiple felonies for this show to turn against him on your Southern California Toyota Dealer celebrity hotline. What's cracking, coach? How are you?
Speaker 7: I miss you? Guys? Are you then great?
Speaker 3: Well, we miss you to coach, But you know, we know it gets hot during the end of the year. We try not to bother you too much. You know, it's a heated thing and the Big Ten. Dragging a team through this tough conference, I mean every year it seems like it's harder.
Speaker 7: I will say it's not for the faint of heart, fellas travel aside that we play in the league in the Midwest. It's a lot of good teams, but a lot of good teams in Chicago. This week, I think I looked at it aint the nine or ten of the top twenty eight. I think it's ten of the top twenty eight to thirty two teams, something like that, And metrically, I don't look at the ap stuff, but metrically you got let's just chilly. It's around ten of the top thirty teams in the country in this conference, so you got to get better. I think we've tried to do that. Hopefully we can keep improving at the right time. That's the whole key.
Speaker 4: Well, it certainly seems like you're doing that, coach you mentioned it. I think you know ken Palm's got like you said, Indiana's that tenth team ahead of them, Iowa, you're up in the top twenty five. Kind of give us an idea of what going through that type of schedule, this type of conference does for your team come tournament time.
Speaker 7: Well, the hard part is during the run through a conference with so many good teams, it exposes your weaknesses, which may cost you some gains. But if you have talent, it allows you to adjust and face reality on the things you need to improve on. Some of those are individually, some of those are collectively, and you have to just you have to stay focused on what you need to do to improve. You can't get caught up always in the result, because sometimes the result can be misleading. You know, be it. You could play, you could play well and lose, But you can also not play well and win, you know, a certain type of home game, and in our case, you know we've done both. You can't. You can't just try to score eighty to win every night. I think if history has taught us anything, nobody wins the NCAA tournament outside the top twenty in defensive metrics. And the good part about that is for us that you can always get better. And it's a new season now it wears zero and zero, So we got to focus on our defensive metrics going forward because we're a team that can really shoot the ball. We got a great playmaker at point guard and a lot of shooters and scorers around him, obviously refering to done of in Dent. And a second thing for us is recently we've gotten some really good bench production. Eric Freeney's come on for us, Brandon Williams, Jamar Brown, so Xavier Booker come into a roll off the bench gives our bench even more strength. So and that's that stuff's important at this time of year. I think those guys give a little something our starters do not. They're a little bit better defenders. They give us a little bit more toughness off the bench, so we'll see. Now you know this, this is going to be a rough week. But for everybody in the in this tournament, it's going to be a rough week. And if you make it to Sunday in the finals, the problem is you may turn around, fly to LA, get on a plane, fly back east to play in the NCAA tournament. But by now, I think our guys are used to the travel.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm sure it's a lot of fun on that plane with Coach Crona, one of the most fun guys in America. Even though you miss us, coach, we we we have been monitoring your team throughout the season. We have our very popular Mick Cronin Speaks segment. We monitor press conference and media availability and every single game, so we are on top of UCLA basketball. Please please be rest assured.
Speaker 7: H and one of the pre and I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Man, that's we are. We are all in every year seventeen and one at Polly, which is kind of an interesting thing, right because it's at LA crowd, There's no doubt about it. It's not like Purdue or Iowa. But man, you guys have had a lot of success what do you attribute that to. It can't be as hard to come out to LA than it is to go out to Nebraska or someplace like that. I know that for a fact. Why such a great year.
Speaker 7: At home, Well, I think I've always tried to do that in my career, you know, starting my career in the Big East, studying teams that were successful in and out at the highest level, especially back then in my Big East days where it was it was such a monster league that multiple Hall of Fame coaches at the same time National championship coaches. You better win at home because it's gonna be tough on the road. So I think if you look at coach Holland, he was one of the first guys I looked at, you know, when Pitt was a factor. So they, I think, let Jamie Dixon leave, which was a horrible decision on their part and they still haven't recovered. But those guys, those guys did an unbelievable job at home. Mike Bray had a I think three or four years where he didn't lose at home when he had Luke Aaren Godye and those guys. So you have to win at home. It's just it's so hard to win on the road against quality opponents in college basketball. And as you alluded to, you know, in the Big Ten there are some truck stops. We call them college towns. No truck stops here, as Bill Walton would say, right, no truck stops. So our students are great. You know, we do get great student support. We had over a thousand at the Galen Center the other day. They played the music the whole game. Tried to drown them out, but it didn't work. We could hear them the whole time. Soybody, really, Oh my goodness, I didn't you know. I didn't know I was going to a concert. But it is what it is. It's three in a row for us there, and I'm sure it'll be even tougher next year. But I will say, you have to hope you have to win at home. Guys, in the big time conferences, it's so hard to win on the road. Our guys have done a great job of that. And you know, our only loss was an overtime game that we could easily won. So but it's time to take a to show on the road and defense travels. So that's been our achilles heel at times this year. I think the guys understand that we've tried to make adjustments along the way, lineup, schematically, everything you can do to try to become a better defensive team. But it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know this one. If you get in a stance and stay in a stance, you're going to be a lot better defensive player, and better if all five guys do it and believe in it as a team. So it's really pretty simple, but it's not easy. You have to be committed to it. And we've had a couple of great games defensively here back to back where we dominated a really really good Nebraska team and then went on the road and we're up twenty five, up fifteenth and half and be USC on the road. Just I say this, you got to be a team the other teams don't want to play. And the way to do that is you don't let them runner offense. You take away their strengths, and you're tough and your physical just we got to keep our we got to keep committed to that. That's going to be a big key for us here in March.
Speaker 4: We've been talking about Donovan Dent since you brought him over here, and I think, you know, fans naturally are going to look at the points column, but you know, these last five, I mean, it's making national news. The numbers are so eye popping. Fifty three assists to just three turnovers. Kind of share with us where Donovan is now at the end of the season going into tournament time. And look, it's not like he wasn't scoring. He's got a thirty point game and I think with twenty five or something like that against USC as well.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know, it's a major adjustment to go up and wait class and it's nothing against the Mountain West, but the Big Ten is known for what physicality. You know, he's a smaller guard. A lot of body bumping is allowed. That's the way basketball's played in the Big Ten. So big adjustment for him. Obviously, expectations were rightly and rightly so we're extremely high. And you know, I've tried to just tell him, you got to keep throwing punches. You know, you can't, you can't drop your head. I think it was much tougher than he thought it was going to be, and he just didn't know what he didn't know. That's number one and number two, you know, he's a human and you know, kids, hear it when people maybe aren't so happy with your performance and those type of things. And I give him credit. He stayed in a ring. You keep throwing punches, you keep fighting, you keep getting better. He's a great kid, great great kid. And look, you know, playing for a different coach than he did before, where you know, I obviously have put a huge value on taking care of the basketball. And he's gone from he's last year to assist the one turnover and now he's for assistant one turnover. So he's he's a much better player and still working on making him be it an effective defender at all times. And that's what it takes for us, you know, for us at this level. But if I can keep him playing at a high level, it's sure sure makes us a much much better team.
Speaker 3: What about Tyler Billade coach and the consistency that he's provided for you guys, coming in from Oregon State and giving you two great years.
Speaker 7: You know, you being the football guy, it's almost you know, I go to maybe the great Eric Dickerson. You just got a workhorse. You just give it to him and he gets it done. You know, he can really score inside nowt He's made himself an elite shooter. He's just a workhorse. He's a workhorse. You got to make sure you're get him twenty carries a game. You know, I tell myself all the time when I look at that statue coming out of time outs? Does he have enough shots? Am I getting him shots? Because you've got to always try to make sure the other team is not taking your best player out of the equation. As a coach, you can't let him do that. That's what they want to do. So I got to make sure I'm getting him opportunities on the on the offensive end, because he's he's our best scorer. He's an elite scorer. He's going to get a chance to play pro basketball. And you're six' nine and you're just an unbelievable, Shooter you're going to get that. Chance SO i can't say enough about. Him he's just he's a tremendous. Kid he's got unbelievable. TOUGHNESS i WISH i could clone him LIKE i WISH i could have cloned TIME A hawks has and some of the guys on my early. Teams because he is just a. WARRIOR i, mean he is a, workhorse AND i got to make SURE i get him those twenty carries a, game which you know means you, know fourteen shots or more a game you.
Speaker 4: Earn that double. Buy you don't play in The Big ten tournament Until. Thursday what do you do in terms, of like you get to scout your opponent if you want To minnesota Versus rutgers the the day? Before do you go in? Person do you send? Coaches kind of how do you approach you, know being in a conference with eighteen teams and being able to sit around for a?
Speaker 7: Cause, yeah, Crazy so we. Don't we. Don't we're not twenty something, Now i'm. OLD i don't. Know somewhere in the late nineties mid nineties they outlawed, smartly uh scouting in. Person so imagine in the eighties where you had to you had to go scout in person and hurry back for practices.
Speaker 3: OATS.
Speaker 7: I, mean just. Brutal but it's different in the tournament because you're, there so you're allowed. To so our staff will scout the Game wednesday night Between rutgers In northwestern and then after that, game, uh well we'll have a a refresher on whoever our opponent Is rutgers In. Minnesota we'll have a refresher on that, game and and This, thursday because we have a night, game we'll be able to have a shoot around and put our game playing in with the guys and the shoot. Around and we've played them, before but there's so many games It's minnesota would be very very obviously left the scar and be fresh on our guy's. Mind but so you get, that you get a little bit of. Preparation the problem that then becomes you got to turn around and play again and again and all that. Stuff so the preparation becomes really hard in conference tournaments after. That and The Big ten is A i talked to actually COACH iso. Today if we're able to Win, thursday we will play each Other friday night with game the wat tip and till at least day, thirty maybe. Later and then after that the winner has to Play saturday around two thirty three o'clock and then you're gonna get Done friday night at. Eleven so that's that's. Where, yeah that's because OF. Tv we all know. Why Uh so it just kind of is what it, is uh and, uh you just gotta roll with. It and It's, oh it's a precursor to the following. Weekend ready for THE Ncaa.
Speaker 3: Tournament the one and only Been. Cronan we love, him just so you. Know, coach here's the. Uh this is the intro to your. SEGMENT i think we've played it for you, before but just a refresher for you as you enter the tournament. Season here, here here in the.
Speaker 6: Coach i'm not sugarcoating.
Speaker 7: IT i Ain't messinghi.
Speaker 3: Around it's croning. Talk When mix, speaks we all. LISTEN i got. Fried some people.
Speaker 7: DON'T i.
Speaker 3: Do it's croning. TALK i got. Pride some people. Don't, DUDE i love, It appreciate your, coach AND i have a safe.
Speaker 7: Truth, man you guys are the. BEST i tell him all the. Time, man how you guys plays a reflection on, me AND i take it pretty. Seriously so it's been a challenging year Because i've very rarely had a team Almost i'd Say i've never had a team that could shoot it like this. Team we're the number one three point shooting team and to be big. Ten But i've had much much better defensive teams along the. Way so it's it's it's been tough for, me you, know But i'm enjoying when we shoot. It we usually make. It that's a good. Thing that is. Good IF i can just get them to stop the other. Team if we could just stop the other, team we got a big shot In.
Speaker 3: March all five guys are gonna get in the, stance all, right. Coach we appreciate, you and be safe out there and have a good.
Speaker 7: Time always great to catch up.
Speaker 3: Guys make sure you get a sweet sweatsuit on for that in stadium.
Speaker 4: Scouting hopefully they're a little more liberal with their sweatsuit distribution than they were with the polo distribution with ten.
Speaker 3: Teams you, KNOW i think you're the head coach at you see la choice array of. Sweatsuits but, man you think about the nineties with all those guys wearing the, sweatsuits and we're all swishy and swashy and made all kinds of always when you walked, around oh, yeah like you're trying to gather a. Parachute we'll be. Back good luck to The, bruins and thank you to Coach cronin a Great Irish american much Like Van. Morrison we'll Have how is your weekend.
Speaker 1: Next Southern california's most listened to sports talk Show This money on.
Speaker 3: Demand, hey, everybody what's. Cracking It's i'm A Horse monday On Petrosen. MONEY a big thank you To Mick, cronan great interview with THE ucla Coach Tim, kats Getting Mick cronin on and THE ucla Josh in pr over there a wonderful. Guy And, alex thank You alex And, josh, well we appreciate anybody Named.
Speaker 6: Josh, Well Josh, lowin of course you're thinking about over.
Speaker 3: There, WELL i wanted to Mentioned Josh, lewin but THEN i Thought cronin like was in the mood to be, LIKE i Love, josh and it's, like all, right, Anyway matt's going out to The big ten, Tournament kate's is gonna work The big ten. Tournament crona's going out there in his. Sweatsuits chicago is going to be the place to, be But ronnie AND i will remain In.
Speaker 4: Burbank also the place to.
Speaker 3: Be, WELL i mean we got the, doghouse, MAN i mean in The Sea dog season with The waderstinsel right across the street on look at. Us it is It's monday. Everybody i'm gonna do WHAT i. Do the weekend is. Mine so.
Speaker 7: How was your?
Speaker 4: Weekend, Well, matt, YEAH i WISH i had something more exciting to.
Speaker 3: Share, well didn't you hit the? WAVES i hit the, Waves, yes, Sir saturday pretty. Excitingly that's more exciting than anything anybody else does. That go out there and cheat. DEATH i will go around with all those whales and.
Speaker 4: PROPELLERS i was so incredibly cold On. SATURDAY i spent quite a bit of time in the water and for whatever, reason was. Cold but, uh it's the, ocean it's. COLD i decided, to, well we have a we have a hot, tub you, know we have a, spa outdoor, spa AND i decided to hop in it AND i have not been in it in a while because the water's been kind of warm for whatever. Reason and, YEAH i guess my my spa maintenance is not.
Speaker 3: Great what, Happened?
Speaker 4: MACK i GUESS i just neglected my spa for a while and almost there there WAS i believe there was an evil spirit living in, there because all of a SUDDEN i found it hard to breathe AND i had this like incredibly uh heavy chemical odor that now Was fermi a guy to come and spa you. Up it's a really small. Spa it's a two persons still just kind of gets you. Warm AND i think it looked like it was clear, enough you, know and then all of a, SUDDEN i got this terrible. Rash SO i just got into the shower and was scrubbing the living daylights out of my.
Speaker 6: Body you gotta be, careful. MAN i know somebody who got legions of air by their. Lesionaires, yeah by their Spare. No, yeah because they didn't have it maintenance, properly and it was, like you, know some stuff on top of the. Water, yeah, honestly you gotta be.
Speaker 4: Careful that's a terrible Develop let's talk during the, break, yeah because it really did not go. Well LIKE i got out after getting in after like two or three minutes to leon.
Speaker 3: Air take that lesionaire's disease are the big Ten.
Speaker 6: Turnamiles your breathing you feel, okay breathing chess, hurt, Lungs, okay it's not. Great Oh, God now we're all gonna get, it Oh.
Speaker 3: God so, YEAH i, MEAN i gotta be, honest. MAN i had That kuchoosie back WHEN i lived In San pedro at my. Place, YEAH i had a katchoose AND i used to have A chinese guy used to, come you, know every week take care of. It, yeah he'd LIKE i, mean he wouldn't have spent. Long but you, know no one ever got like, lesionaires.
Speaker 4: Right so that'd be worth. Paying and you, know, like, HEY i GOTTA i got a scratch out of check every.
Speaker 3: MINE i felt as if it was for, me BUT.
Speaker 4: I don't have. Leisions, yeah SO i had to. DRAIN i drained all the water. OUT i scrubbed it down with some you, know with it with a nice little distilled white vinegar, solution refilled, it got it all, balanced and so Hopefully i'm good. Now but Now i'm incredibly concerned THAT i have. Leasionnaires SO i don't know if there's like a take home, test IF i can hit THE cd take a whiz on a little. UH i don't know WHERE i got it or. NOT i don't think you.
Speaker 6: Did it starts with shortness of, breath chest, pain fatigue and grows from. There so where we stand right, NOW i think we're all. Right it symptoms usually develop within two. Days, okay we're On it Was. Saturday so here we are forty eight hours. LATER i Think i'm all. RIGHT i do not have any chest pains anything.
Speaker 3: Else.
Speaker 4: Uh the The claremont McKenna got booted from the, TOURNAMENT i, say Oh, GOD i watched it with the Good doctor over at his lace and, uh Freaking Wisconsin lacrosse got.
Speaker 3: Him you, know you wouldn't think that basketball would be there For Tape lacrosse.
Speaker 4: School But i'll tell, you when you want to put a combined thirty two white guys on a court at the same, time you never know what the hell's going to.
Speaker 3: Happen but you know WHAT i think all the, Listeners, mate that's a lot of. Whites it's almost like the white section at the at the market. Wines, indeed you look, around it's everything's. WHITE i will say, This i'm happy to hear you, Showered.
Speaker 7: MATT i.
Speaker 4: Did, Yeah, RARE i think about. It be in my first time that week.
Speaker 7: Not.
Speaker 6: LYING i, know that's the hard. Part kate's had a busy. Weekend Started friday. Night we went to dinner At pinocchio's On magnolia In, burbank which is An italian. Joint got The BAKED zd got a bottle of. Wine, no believe it or. Not it's right next To Monty. Carlo, no it sounds like it could be, though, right but it's. Not it's An italian. Spot but we had to make sure when we got out of the car and got Into pinocchio's That sadie had her water floating on because it is that time of. Year matt senior.
Speaker 4: Assassin oh, yeah, goggles water.
Speaker 6: Guns there's no bounty out on her with amongst her student you, know fellow students at. School but you have to be head on a swivel water gun in hand and a floating on if you're, out so you can't get eliminated or.
Speaker 4: Killed so is goggles, floating.
Speaker 6: It's goggle or. Floating BUT i guess a lot of the, kids at least her group is going with the floaties years because it's very visible that. Way it's like a, deterrent don't come get. Me, saturday went To pasadena for. Lunch went to the stand with my wife to get a, burger which turns OUT i could be one of the best Burgers i've ever had in my, life way better than The. Archburger but the stand In, pasadena we were there because we went to see a. Movie Oh, tommy.
Speaker 3: Heky blind as the.
Speaker 6: Movie it'll be On netflix On march, Thirty march, twentieth but we want wanted to see it opening a, weekend so he went To pasadena because it's not in all. Theaters it's all playing in limited, ones like The Landmark theater In. Pasadena that's a fancy.
Speaker 4: Theater oh it.
Speaker 3: Was it is.
Speaker 6: Great the movie is. GREAT i love the small. Theaters by the.
Speaker 3: By tommy author is.
Speaker 6: Dead can you believe? It he's? Dead spoiler, Alert it does start out at the very Beginning Killian, murphy who Is Tommy shelby, Says, hey enjoy the, movie, everybody but keep in mind it comes out On netflix On march, Twentieth so spoiler alert for people who aren't going to see in the. Theaters enjoy, it but let's not start spreading what. Happens and now you just spread everything. OFF i can go on and on about it if you. WANT i don't ruin it for. EVERYBODY i don't. Care all, Right Saturday, NIGHT i was studio host For, Auburn alabama On Compass Media. Network sunday back in the studio A compass For, Michigan Michigan state and that brawl in Ann arbor between The spartans and The. Wolverine so, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Ronnie guys had a nice.
Speaker 8: Weekend, OH i kind of enjoyed the U Nick cave and the bad scenes. There, yeah weekly That Jim, saturday and we're awakened by pretty strong winds whipping around The San Fernando valley in the, Morning so my allergies were in full effect all weekend long, legions particularly On. Saturday they made my way out To costco And ralphs for some weekly. Supplies had to call the plumber later that afternoon to clear a line. Block it's created by some roots that busted through the old sewer line clay, pipes so it looks as If i'll have a repair job coming up soon in my sewer. Line sunday we slept, IN i changed a couple of, clocks analog, clocks and then cleaned up all the branches another debris blown in the pool by the. Wind took the dogs for a nice long walk at the, park and just hung out at home all day with domestic.
Speaker 4: Chores that was my.
Speaker 8: Weekend love the Soundtrack what About, You? Petros can we keep the soundtrack, going, oh we.
Speaker 3: Cannot a couple.
Speaker 6: Pictures You greeks don't want to be a part of.
Speaker 3: This, No i'll kill. You, then thank. You i'm glad you enjoyed the. Movie i'm sure you were wonderful to be around for the next.
Speaker 6: WEEK i cheered and clapped in the movie. THEATER i don't know if that was appropriate or, not BUT i loved.
Speaker 3: IT i loved. IT i NEED i need me a point. Leslie let's kind Of.
Speaker 4: PHOEASON i got to run the whole operation.
Speaker 6: Myself, well we left the, THEATER i was, like all, Right i'm going to the. Bathroom i'll meet you back.
Speaker 3: Out, Yeah, Michigan michigan stite coming up, Next. Jesus. Okay. Uh Last, friday and WHEN i got home from, WORK i was invited to The Red onion by the real estate, Dad Mike, grannis AND i realized THAT i was unfair To Mike, grantis the real estate.
Speaker 4: Dad last did he hear you talking about?
Speaker 1: Him?
Speaker 3: Going he always he always hears me talking about. Him AND i should say that he goes to The Red onion for myriad, reasons BUT i think the number one reason is he feels comfortable, there and the bartender and many waiters are his. Friends and many of his other friends are there to say, hello Like Christian gordon And Renzo, chaconi and many other people come and say. HELLO i Met Don slot On friday, night the great No Don, Slot, matt THE mlb catcher for many, teams the only guy from Like Rolling Hills high for many years to have played in the major. LEAGUES a really nice. Guy SO i want to give the real estate dad my, deepest most sincere apologies for making it seem as if he's some kind of hobo at the bar at the Red onion with a.
Speaker 4: Blist some drunk all, right.
Speaker 3: With his bindle over his. Shoulder he's very responsible.
Speaker 4: There i've only been over six. HOURS i don't live.
Speaker 3: Here he's very strategic about how many margheritas he has and, when when and where he takes one to. Go so that Was friday. Night, SATURDAY i went to yoga and my, son who recently joined A Pony league baseball. TEAM i had a game At George Allen field In Pallas Verny's, estates WHICH i. Attended we lost to A redondo team by one, run But fletcher. Loss it was a tough, loss But fletcher had a couple, hits, well a hit in a fielder's choice scored the go ahead. Run of course they did not go ahead and then went back. Behind and then On, SUNDAY i did domestic, chores AND i also did, yoga AND i went to The Malaga Cove market with my son AND i had a tuna sandwich and he ruined it by stealing my credit card and buying himself an Extra Power aid And Almond joy without my.
Speaker 4: Permission you know, what kid's got good tasting.
Speaker 3: Candy he already had A snickers and A Mountain Dew Baja.
Speaker 4: Blast is he into the?
Speaker 3: Payday probably that's probably if he stole another, car and that's probably what he would have.
Speaker 4: Got kid that likes The Almond joy is probably going to be into the. Payday let the boy have his.
Speaker 3: Chocolate shut, up told me let The laddie. Toy all, right let's go back to.
Speaker 6: Break, sorry order The peaky. Blinders you're peaky blind and Ah, mat if you can stay in the studio during the commercial, BREAK i appreciate. It don't come talk to us BECAUSE i don't want to get.
Speaker 3: SICK i was bitter about some other, things AND i took it out on the real estate.
Speaker 7: Tad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now whether or Not matt has lesion air's, disease that's a whole other.
Speaker 4: ISSUE i gotta figure out HOW i get tested for this, thing because it says two to fourteen days incubation, period and you HAVE i.
Speaker 3: Don't think it's gonna be, lesion just Because kate's has a friend that he heard got lesion in the air, disease which is what he said.
Speaker 4: As air disease.
Speaker 3: Lesion, yeah but there is a certain disease that everybody keeps sent sending me. Folliculitis that's what you can get from a hot, tub.
Speaker 4: A nasty ass hot. Tub what HAVE i? Done what a Mistake i've?
Speaker 3: Made. Matt you're gonna be looking like a leper at The big Ten. Tournament i'm.
Speaker 4: Gonna have to wear one of the big. Faces.
Speaker 3: Mad matt sounds different in the second. Half it says kinda. Daisily we'll be back thanks to mc Cronin what an Hour David mass coming up this hour